Genomes and Genes
left ventricular function
Summary: The hemodynamic and electrophysiological action of the left HEART VENTRICLE. Its measurement is an important aspect of the clinical evaluation of patients with heart disease to determine the effects of the disease on cardiac performance.
Publications222 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of candesartan in patients with chronic heart failure and preserved left-ventricular ejection fraction: the CHARM-Preserved TrialSalim Yusuf
McMaster Clinic, Room 252, Hamilton General Hospital, 237 Barton Street East, ON, L8L 2X2, Hamilton, Canada
Lancet 362:777-81. 2003..We investigated the effect of addition of an angiotensin-receptor blocker to current treatments...
- Fractal correlation properties of R-R interval dynamics and mortality in patients with depressed left ventricular function after an acute myocardial infarctionH V Huikuri
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Circulation 101:47-53. 2000..The purpose of this study was to compare the prognostic power of new fractal and traditional measures of R-R interval variability as predictors of death after acute myocardial infarction...
- Intracoronary administration of bone marrow-derived progenitor cells improves left ventricular function in patients at risk for adverse remodeling after acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: results of the Reinfusion of Enriched Progenitor celThorsten Dill
Department of Cardiology, Kerckhoff Heart Center, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Am Heart J 157:541-7. 2009Serial cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMR) is the reference standard for evaluating left ventricular function, wall motion, and infarct size in patients with acute myocardial infarction, as well as remodeling during follow-up...
- Clinical utility of Doppler echocardiography and tissue Doppler imaging in the estimation of left ventricular filling pressures: A comparative simultaneous Doppler-catheterization studyS R Ommen
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 102:1788-94. 2000..However, accurate prediction of filling pressures for an individual patient requires a stepwise approach incorporating all available data...
- Effects of ghrelin administration on left ventricular function, exercise capacity, and muscle wasting in patients with chronic heart failureNoritoshi Nagaya
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cardiovascular Center, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Circulation 110:3674-9. 2004..We investigated the effects of ghrelin on left ventricular (LV) function, exercise capacity, and muscle wasting in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Impact of myocardial haemorrhage on left ventricular function and remodelling in patients with reperfused acute myocardial infarctionJavier Ganame
Cardiology Department, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Heart J 30:1440-9. 2009..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can be used to identify MI, myocardial haemorrhage, and microvascular obstruction (MVO), as well as measure LV volumes, function, and mass...
- Cardiac magnetic resonance assessment of dyssynchrony and myocardial scar predicts function class improvement following cardiac resynchronization therapyKenneth C Bilchick
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:561-8. 2008....
- Effects of intracoronary injection of mononuclear bone marrow cells on left ventricular function, arrhythmia risk profile, and restenosis after thrombolytic therapy of acute myocardial infarctionHeikki V Huikuri
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Eur Heart J 29:2723-32. 2008..To assess the efficacy and safety of bone marrow cell (BMC) therapy after thrombolytic therapy of an acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- Myocardial strain and torsion quantified by cardiovascular magnetic resonance tissue tagging: studies in normal and impaired left ventricular functionMarco J W Götte
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2002-11. 2006..This review discusses the clinical use of cardiovascular magnetic resonance tissue tagging for quantitative assessment of regional myocardial function, thereby underlining the specific features and emerging role of this technique...
- Quantitative evaluation of regional left ventricular function using three-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography in patients with and without heart diseaseFrancesco Maffessanti
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Cardiol 104:1755-62. 2009..2D) speckle tracking echocardiography has been shown to be useful in the assessment of regional left ventricular function, it is limited by the assumption that speckles can be tracked frame-to-frame within the imaging plane, ..
- Role of diminished renal function in cardiovascular mortality: marker or pathogenetic factor?Robert W Schrier
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1-8. 2006....
- Characteristics, treatments, and outcomes of patients with preserved systolic function hospitalized for heart failure: a report from the OPTIMIZE-HF RegistryGregg C Fonarow
Ahmanson UCLA Cardiomyopathy Center, Department of Medicine, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:768-77. 2007..We sought to evaluate the characteristics, treatments, and outcomes of patients with preserved and reduced systolic function heart failure (HF)...
- Interleukin-10 improves left ventricular function in rats with heart failure subsequent to myocardial infarctionChristian Stumpf
Department of Cardiology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 10:733-9. 2008..This effect was associated with a significant decrease in pro-inflammatory cytokine and chemokine levels (TNF-alpha, IL-6, MCP-1) and furthermore resulted in a reduced myocardial infiltration of macrophages...
- Comparison between the prognostic value of left ventricular function and myocardial perfusion reserve in patients with ischemic heart diseaseRene A Tio
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 50:214-9. 2009..Myocardial perfusion is the main determinant of left ventricular function in patients with IHD. The prognostic value of LVEF has been widely established...
- Long-term heart rate reduction induced by the selective I(f) current inhibitor ivabradine improves left ventricular function and intrinsic myocardial structure in congestive heart failurePaul Mulder
INSERM U644, , Rouen, France
Circulation 109:1674-9. 2004..The improvement of cardiac function is related not only to the HRR per se but also to modifications in the extracellular matrix and/or function of myocytes as a consequence of long-term HRR...
- Exercise training in patients with advanced chronic heart failure (NYHA IIIb) promotes restoration of peripheral vasomotor function, induction of endogenous regeneration, and improvement of left ventricular functionSandra Erbs
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Leipzig Heart Center, Leipzig, Germany
Circ Heart Fail 3:486-94. 2010....
- Differential effect of intracoronary infusion of mobilized peripheral blood stem cells by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor on left ventricular function and remodeling in patients with acute myocardial infarction versus old myocardial infarction: the Hyun-Jae Kang
Cardiovascular Laboratory, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon-dong, Chongno-gu, Seoul 110-744, Republic of Korea
Circulation 114:I145-51. 2006..G-CSF-based stem cell therapy with DES implantation is both feasible and safe, eliminating any potential for restenosis...
- Left ventricular form and function revisited: applied translational science to cardiovascular ultrasound imagingPartho P Sengupta
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:539-51. 2007..This review examines the structure and function of the left ventricle relative to the potential clinical application of DTI and speckle tracking in assessing the global mechanical sequence of the left ventricle in vivo...
- Intravenous mesenchymal stem cell therapy early after reperfused acute myocardial infarction improves left ventricular function and alters electrophysiologic propertiesMatthew J Price
Division of Cardiology, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Int J Cardiol 111:231-9. 2006..Since there is no need for immune suppression or clinical expertise, IV infusion of MSCs may expand the potential clinical application of stem cell therapy...
- Echocardiographic measurement of fluid responsivenessCyril Charron
Medical Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital Ambroise Par, , Boulogne, France
Curr Opin Crit Care 12:249-54. 2006..SUMMARY: Echocardiography has been widely demonstrated to predict fluid responsiveness accurately. This is now a complete and noninvasive tool able to accurately determine hemodynamic status in circulatory failure...
- MR tagging demonstrates quantitative differences in regional ventricular wall motion in mice, rats, and menWei Liu
Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve Univ, Wickenden 427, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H2515-21. 2006....
- Improved left ventricular mechanics from acute VDD pacing in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and ventricular conduction delayD A Kass
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circulation 99:1567-73. 1999....
- The relationships of left ventricular ejection fraction, end-systolic volume index and infarct size to six-month mortality after hospital discharge following myocardial infarction treated by thrombolysisRobert J Burns
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:30-6. 2002....
- Role of imaging in cardiac stem cell therapySaskia L M A Beeres
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1137-48. 2007..In addition, a comprehensive summary is provided of the currently available studies investigating a cell therapy-related effect on left ventricular function, myocardial perfusion, scar tissue, and myocardial viability.
- Paracrine effects of direct intramyocardial implantation of bone marrow derived cells to enhance neovascularization in chronic ischaemic myocardiumHung Fat Tse
Division of Cardiology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Eur J Heart Fail 9:747-53. 2007..To determine the optimal bone marrow (BM) cell types, and their potential mechanisms of action for neovascularization in chronic ischaemic myocardium...
- Global left ventricular function in cardiac CT. Evaluation of an automated 3D region-growing segmentation algorithmGeorg Mühlenbruch
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:1117-23. 2006..2%. On the basis of a good contrast-enhanced data set, a left ventricular volume analysis using the new semi-automated region-growing segmentation algorithm is technically feasible, accurate and more time-effective...
- [Effects of autologous bone marrow derived CD34+ stem cells on the left ventricular function following myocardial infarction]László Balogh
Debreceni Egyetem, Orvos és Egészségtudományi Centrum, Altalános Orvostudományi Kar Kardiológiai Intézet, Debrecen Pf 1 4004
Orv Hetil 148:243-9. 2007..8 patients with impaired left ventricular function were transplanted with CD34+ bone marrow stem cells 12 +/- 1 day after the acute coronary event...
- Assessment of left ventricular function by cardiac ultrasoundJames D Thomas
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2012-25. 2006..This review also discusses the clinical impact of echocardiography and its future directions and developments...
- Cardio-ankle vascular index is independently associated with the severity of coronary atherosclerosis and left ventricular function in patients with ischemic heart diseaseToru Miyoshi
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 17:249-58. 2010..We investigated the association of the CAVI with coronary atherosclerosis and left ventricular (LV) systolic and diastolic function in patients with ischemic heart disease (IHD)...
- Echocardiographic assessment of global left ventricular function in miceJörg Stypmann
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hospital of the University of Münster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Lab Anim 43:127-37. 2009....
- Ventricular pacing lead location alters systemic hemodynamics and left ventricular function in patients with and without reduced ejection fractionRandy Lieberman
Department of Cardiology, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1634-41. 2006..We compared left ventricular (LV) systolic and diastolic function during right ventricular (RV), LV, and biventricular (BiV) pacing in patients with narrow QRS duration with and without LV dysfunction...
- Tissue Doppler imaging consistently detects myocardial abnormalities in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and provides a novel means for an early diagnosis before and independently of hypertrophyS F Nagueh
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Circulation 104:128-30. 2001..We tested whether humans with FHCM also consistently showed reduced myocardial TD velocities, irrespective of LVH...
- Statin-induced improvement of endothelial progenitor cell mobilization, myocardial neovascularization, left ventricular function, and survival after experimental myocardial infarction requires endothelial nitric oxide synthaseUlf Landmesser
Abteilung Kardiologie und Angiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Circulation 110:1933-9. 2004....
- Transit of blood flow through the human left ventricle mapped by cardiovascular magnetic resonanceAnn F Bolger
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 9:741-7. 2007..Quantification of the components of multidirectional flow in the normal left ventricle (LV) is lacking, making it difficult to put the changes observed with LV dysfunction and cardiac surgery into context...
- Dramatic reversal of derangements in muscle metabolism and left ventricular function after bariatric surgeryJoshua G Leichman
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Med 121:966-73. 2008..The study objective was to define muscle metabolic and cardiovascular changes after surgical intervention in clinically severe obese patients...
- Cardiac involvement in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy: new diagnostic and pathophysiological insights by a CMR approachAli Yilmaz
Division of Cardiology, Robert Bosch Krankenhaus, Stuttgart, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 10:50. 2008..Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) has the potential to detect cardiac involvement by depicting early scar formation that may appear before onset of wall motion abnormalities...
- Investigating myocardial motion by MRI using tissue phase mappingBernd Jung
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Medical Physics, University Hospital, Freiburg University, Hugstetterstr 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:S150-7. 2006..In contrast to other imaging modalities such as echocardiography left ventricular performance can be assessed without limited anatomical or functional coverage...
- Improved Stratification of Autonomic Regulation for risk prediction in post-infarction patients with preserved left ventricular function (ISAR-Risk)Axel Bauer
Medizinische Klinik und Deutsches Herzzentrum München der Technischen Universität München, Munchen, Germany
Eur Heart J 30:576-83. 2009..To investigate the combination of heart rate turbulence (HRT) and deceleration capacity (DC) as risk predictors in post-infarction patients with left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) > 30%...
- Postexercise left ventricular function and cTnT in recreational marathon runnersKeith George
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Science, Henry Cotton Campus, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:1709-15. 2004..To assess the impact of prolonged exercise on left ventricular (LV) function and the appearance of cardiac troponin T (cTnT) in older and recreational athletes...
- Measurement of myocardial mechanics in mice before and after infarction using multislice displacement-encoded MRI with 3D motion encodingWesley D Gilson
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H1491-7. 2005..07 +/- 0.54 degrees /mm (R = 0.96, P < 0.05). DENSE MRI can assess the 3D myocardial mechanics of the murine heart in <1 h of scan time at 4.7 T and may be applied to studies of myocardial mechanics in genetically engineered mice...
- Myocardial tissue tracking with two-dimensional cine displacement-encoded MR imaging: development and initial evaluationDaniel Kim
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia Health System, Rm 1175, MR-4 Bldg, 409 Lane Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Radiology 230:862-71. 2004..7 x 2.7 mm and 60 msec, respectively. E(cc) measured at cine DENSE MR imaging correlated well with that measured at conventional MR imaging tagging (slope = 0.88, intercept = 0.00, R = 0.87)...
- Total right ventricular exclusion improves left ventricular function in patients with end-stage congestive right ventricular failureMasami Takagaki
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2-5-1 Shikata-cho, Okayama, Okayama, 700-8558, Japan
Circulation 108:II226-9. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: Removal of the RVVO by means of the total RV exclusion procedure provides effective volume loading, restores a cylindrical shape, and improves contractile function of the LV, thus leading to increased systemic output...
- Quantitative assessment of left ventricular function with dual-source CT in comparison to cardiac magnetic resonance imaging: initial findingsS Busch
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Munich, Marchioninistr 15, 81377, Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 18:570-5. 2008..85 for EDV, ESV and EF. DSCT offers the possibility to quantify left ventricular function from coronary CT angiography datasets with sufficient diagnostic accuracy, adding to the value of the ..
- Operator induced variability in left ventricular measurements with cardiovascular magnetic resonance is improved after trainingTheodoros D Karamitsos
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, Oxford, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 9:777-83. 2007..The aim of the study was to assess the interobserver variability of the manual planimetry of LV contours amongst two experienced and six inexperienced operators before and after a two months training period...
- Effect of perindopril on the onset and progression of left ventricular dysfunction in Duchenne muscular dystrophyDenis Duboc
French Working Group of Heart Involvement in Myopathies Investigators, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:855-7. 2005..A single patient had an LVEF <45% in group 1 versus eight patients in group 2 (p = 0.02). CONCLUSIONS: Early treatment with perindopril delayed the onset and progression of prominent left ventricle dysfunction in children with DMD...
- Effects of deflazacort on left ventricular function in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophyCandice K Silversides
Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Cardiol 91:769-72. 2003
- Cine-MRI versus two-dimensional echocardiography to measure in vivo left ventricular function in rat heartDaniel J Stuckey
Cardiac Metabolism Research Group, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
NMR Biomed 21:765-72. 2008..The accuracy of cine-MRI allows identification of alterations in heart function that may be missed when using 2D-echo...
- Activation of AMP-activated protein kinase by metformin improves left ventricular function and survival in heart failureSusheel Gundewar
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Circ Res 104:403-11. 2009..This study demonstrates that metformin significantly improves left ventricular function and survival via activation of AMPK and its downstream mediators, eNOS and PGC-1alpha, in a murine model ..
- Athlete's heart: right and left ventricular mass and function in male endurance athletes and untrained individuals determined by magnetic resonance imagingJurgen Scharhag
Institute of Sports and Preventive Medicine, University of Saarland, Campus, Building 39 1, 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:1856-63. 2002..Athlete's heart represents a structural and functional adaptation to regular endurance exercise...
- The relationship between left ventricular function assessed by multigated radionuclide test and cardiopulmonary exercise test in patients with ischemic heart diseaseEliezer Klainman
Institute of Pulmonary Medicine, Exercise Physiology Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva
Chest 121:841-5. 2002..001; R = - 0.89). CONCLUSIONS: Exercise-responded O(2)P-C might serve as a good noninvasive, physiologically based, parameter to distinguish between IHD patients with normal and impaired LV function...
- Benefits of cardiac resynchronization therapy for heart failure patients with narrow QRS complexes and coexisting systolic asynchrony by echocardiographyCheuk Man Yu
Division of Cardiology, S H Ho Cardiovascular and Stroke Centre, Institute of Vascular Medicine, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2251-7. 2006..This study was designed to evaluate the role of cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) in heart failure (HF) patients with narrow QRS complexes (<120 ms) and echocardiographic evidence of mechanical asynchrony...
- The effect of injected RGD modified alginate on angiogenesis and left ventricular function in a chronic rat infarct modelJiashing Yu
University of California Berkeley and University of California San Francisco Joint Bioengineering Graduate Group, Berkeley San Francisco, CA, United States
Biomaterials 30:751-6. 2009..These results suggest that in situ use of modified polymers may influence the tissue microenvironment and serve as a potential therapeutic agent for patients with chronic heart failure...
- Effect of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) on glycemic control and left ventricular function in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graftingGeorge G Sokos
Department of Medicine, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:824-9. 2007..Twenty patients with coronary heart disease and preserved left ventricular function who were scheduled to undergo CABG were randomized to receive standard therapy at the discretion of the ..
- Diastolic abnormalities as the first feature of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in Dutch myosin-binding protein C founder mutationsMichelle Michels
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:58-64. 2009....
- Optimal vortex formation as an index of cardiac healthMorteza Gharib
Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories and Bioengineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:6305-8. 2006..A study of normal and pathological cardiac health in human subjects demonstrates the ability of this global index to distinguish disease states by a straightforward analysis of noninvasive LV measurements...
- Hospitalization for heart failure in the presence of a normal left ventricular ejection fraction: results of the New York Heart Failure RegistryMarc Klapholz
Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers, New York, New York, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1432-8. 2004..2%. CONCLUSIONS: Patients hospitalized for HFNEF are most often chronically incapacitated elderly women with a history of hypertension and increased LV mass. Reasons for clinical decompensation are identified in only one-half of patients...
- Multi-detector row CT of left ventricular function with dedicated analysis software versus MR imaging: initial experienceKai Uwe Juergens
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, D 48149 Muenster, Germany
Radiology 230:403-10. 2004....
- MRI assessment of LV relaxation by untwisting rate: a new isovolumic phase measure of tauS J Dong
Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 281:H2002-9. 2001..Use of this novel parameter should allow the detailed study of diastolic function in states known to affect filling rates, such as aging, hypertension, and congestive heart failure...
- Predictive value of cardiac troponin T in pediatric patients at risk for myocardial injuryS E Lipshultz
Department of Cardiology, Children s Hospital, Boston, Mass, USA
Circulation 96:2641-8. 1997..Yet, because of somatic growth and the duration of survival, a low level of myocardial damage may ultimately be of more consequence in children than in adults...
- Left ventricular function and exercise capacityJasmine Grewal
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
JAMA 301:286-94. 2009Limited information exists regarding the role of left ventricular function in predicting exercise capacity and impact on age- and sex-related differences.
- Immunomodulation by interleukin-4 suppresses matrix metalloproteinases and improves cardiac function in murine myocarditisJun Li
Department of Internal Medicine II, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 554:60-8. 2007..study, we evaluated the effect of exogenous interleukin-4 treatment on myocardial inflammation, MMPs and left ventricular function in Coxsackievirus B3-induced acute murine myocarditis...
- Impact of different pacing modes on left ventricular function following cardiopulmonary bypassO Dzemali
Department for Cardiothoracic Surgery, J W Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:87-92. 2008..This prospective study investigates hemodynamic effects and outcomes of perioperative temporary biventricular pacing in patients with heart failure undergoing heart surgery...
- Impact of acute myocardial edema on left ventricular functionUwe M Fischer
Center for Microvascular and Lymphatic Studies, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas, USA
J Invest Surg 19:31-8. 2006..3% to 77.7 +/- 0.3% (p < .05). PRSW and dP/dt(max) did not decrease in either group. Diastolic parameters did not change significantly. We conclude that acute myocardial edema without myocardial injury does not impair LV function...
- Performance of two-dimensional Doppler echocardiography for the assessment of infarct size and left ventricular function in ratsE Nozawa
Disciplina de Fisiologia Cardiovascular, Escola Paulista de Medicina, , , SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 39:687-95. 2006..9 +/- 0.1; small-size myocardial infarction: 1.9 +/- 0.4; moderate-size myocardial infarction: 2.8 +/- 2.3). There was good agreement between echocardiographic and histologic estimates of myocardial infarct size in rats...
- Cardiac expression of placental growth factor predicts the improvement of chronic phase left ventricular function in patients with acute myocardial infarctionHajime Iwama
First Department of Medicine, Nara Medical University, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1559-67. 2006..Placental growth factor might be over-expressed to compensate the acute ischemic damage, and appears to then act to improve LVEF during the chronic phase...
- Prior exercise improves survival, infarct healing, and left ventricular function after myocardial infarctionMonique C de Waard
Experimental Cardiology, Dept of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam 3000 CA, The Netherlands
J Appl Physiol 107:928-36. 2009..These findings suggest that even when regular physical activity fails to prevent an acute MI, it can still act to improve cardiac function and survival after MI...
- The effects of VEGF-R1 and VEGF-R2 ligands on angiogenic responses and left ventricular function in miceJenni Huusko
Department of Biotechnology and Molecular Medicine, AI Virtanen Institute for Molecular Sciences, University of Kuopio, PO Box 1627, FIN 70211 Kuopio, Finland
Cardiovasc Res 86:122-30. 2010..The aim of this study was to compare the VEGF-R1-specific ligand VEGF-B(186), VEGF-R2-specific ligand VEGF-E and VEGF-A(165,) which stimulates both receptors, regarding their effects on angiogenesis and left ventricular function in mice.
- Comparison of 64-slice CT with gated SPECT for evaluation of left ventricular functionTiziano Schepis
Clinic of Nuclear Medicine, Nuclear Cardiology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Nucl Med 47:1288-94. 2006..However, interchangeable use of the 2 techniques should be avoided for LV volumes, muscle mass, and regional wall motion because of variances inherent to the different techniques...
- Left ventricular function of isoproterenol-induced hypertrophied rat hearts perfused with blood: mechanical work and energeticsChikako Nakajima-Takenaka
Department of Physiology II, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 297:H1736-43. 2009....
- Five-year outcomes after stenting of unprotected left main coronary artery stenosis in patients with normal left ventricular functionBong Ki Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangwon National University Hospital, Kangwon National University College of Medicine, Chunchon, Kangwon Do, Korea
Int J Cardiol 115:208-13. 2007..We analyzed the long-term (5-year) outcome of patients treated with stenting for unprotected left main coronary artery (LMCA) stenosis...
- Ethnicity-related differences in left ventricular function, structure and geometry: a population study of UK Indian Asian and European white subjectsNavtej S Chahal
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Northwick Park Hospital, Watford Road, Harrow HA1 3UJ, UK
Heart 96:466-71. 2010..The authors studied healthy UK Indian Asian and European white subjects to assess whether functional, structural and geometrical properties of the left heart are intrinsically related to ethnicity...
- Close association between parathyroid hormone and left ventricular function and structure in end-stage renal failure patients under maintenance hemodialysisHamid Nasri
Section of Hemodialysis, Hajar Medical, Educational and Therapeutic Center, Shahrekord University of Medical Sciences, Shahrekord, Iran
Acta Med Austriaca 31:67-72. 2004..In this study we aimed to consider the role of the excess PTH in the development of left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) and its effects on LV ejection fraction in patients with end-stage renal disease under regular hemodialysis...
- Effect of piboserod, a 5-HT4 serotonin receptor antagonist, on left ventricular function in patients with symptomatic heart failureJohn K Kjekshus
Department of Cardiology, Oslo University Hospital, Rikshospitalet, Sognsvannsveien 20, Oslo, Norway
Eur J Heart Fail 11:771-8. 2009..Blockade of 5-HT(4) receptors reduced left ventricular (LV) remodelling in HF rats. We evaluated the effect of piboserod, a potent, selective, 5-HT(4) serotonin receptor antagonist, on LV function in patients with HF...
- Evaluating global and regional left ventricular function in patients with reperfused acute myocardial infarction by 64-slice multidetector CT: a comparison to magnetic resonance imagingAmmar Sarwar
Cardiac MR PET CT Program, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr 3:170-7. 2009....
- Abnormal glucose metabolism in acute myocardial infarction: influence on left ventricular function and prognosisDan E Høfsten
Department of Medical Research, Funen Hospital, Svendborg, Denmark
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:592-9. 2009..We studied the influence of abnormal glucose metabolism on left ventricular (LV) function and prognosis in 203 patients with acute myocardial infarction...
- Strain-encoded MRI for evaluation of left ventricular function and transmurality in acute myocardial infarctionMirja Neizel
Medical Clinic III, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Imaging 2:116-22. 2009..to evaluate whether myocardial deformation imaging performed by SENC allows for quantification of regional left ventricular function and is related to transmurality states of infarcted tissue in patients with acute myocardial infarction.
- Hemodynamically supported percutaneous coronary revascularization improves left ventricular function in patients with ischemic dilated cardiomyopathy at very high risk for surgery: a single-center experienceGiorgio Gimelli
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Invasive Cardiol 20:642-6. 2008..is often considered for patients with ischemic cardiomyopathy, but age, comorbidities and depressed left ventricular function can increase surgical risk...
- Usefulness of neopterin levels and left ventricular function for risk assessment in survivors of acute myocardial infarctionAlberto Dominguez-Rodriguez
Int J Cardiol 111:318-20. 2006..METHODS: The additional prognostic information provided by neopterin to parameters of left ventricular function in survivors of AMI was investigated through 82 patients with ST-segment elevation...
- Improved left ventricular function after transplantation of microspheres and fibroblasts in a rat model of myocardial infarctionAlexander Schuh
Medizinische Klinik I, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057, Aachen, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 104:403-11. 2009..Eight weeks after intramyocardial application of fibroblasts and microspheres, left ventricular function was significantly improved as demonstrated by isolated heart studies (Langendorff) and echocardiographic ..
- New-onset heart failure after permanent right ventricular apical pacing in patients with acquired high-grade atrioventricular block and normal left ventricular functionXue Hua Zhang
Cardiology Division, Second Affiliated Hospital of Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou, Hong Kong, China
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 19:136-41. 2008..This study aimed to investigate the prevalence and clinical predictors for the development of new-onset HF after long-term RV apical pacing in patients with acquired atrioventricular (AV) block who require permanent pacing...
- Left ventricular function during exercise testing and trainingC Foster
Milwaukee Heart Institute, WI 53201 0342, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 29:297-305. 1997b>Left ventricular function (LVEF) deteriorates during incremental exercise (GXT) in patients with ischemia (+ISCH)...
- Chronic left ventricular pacing preserves left ventricular function in childrenIrene E van Geldorp
Department of Physiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, and Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Maastricht, P O Box 616, NL 6200 MD, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Pediatr Cardiol 30:125-32. 2009..The authors conclude that LV function in children is preserved by chronic pacing at the LV lateral wall...
- Dose-dependent effects of sildenafil on post-ischaemic left ventricular function in the rat isolated heartTheofilos M Kolettis
Department of Cardiology, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
J Pharm Pharmacol 62:346-51. 2010..We have explored the effects of two acute and one chronic administration regimen on left ventricular function.
- Chemical characterization of Auricularia auricula polysaccharides and its pharmacological effect on heart antioxidant enzyme activities and left ventricular function in aged miceQin Wu
Department of Cardiac Ultrasound, Institute of Angiocardiopathy of Hunan, Xiangya Second Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410011, PR China
Int J Biol Macromol 46:284-8. 2010..01) ameliorated following A. auricula polysaccharides administration. In conclusion, A. auricula polysaccharides treatment could improve heart function through its strong antioxidant activity...
- Multipotent adult progenitor cell transplantation increases vascularity and improves left ventricular function after myocardial infarctionBeatriz Pelacho
Stem Cell Institute, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 1:51-9. 2007....
- Measuring left ventricular function in the normal, infarcted and CORM-3-preconditioned mouse heart using complex admittance-derived pressure volume loopsJames E Clark
Kings College London, Cardiovascular Division, London SE17EH, UK
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 59:94-9. 2009..The aim of this study was to validate the use of complex admittance to assess LV function in normal and infarcted hearts...
- Effects of cyclooxygenase-2 gene inactivation on cardiac autonomic and left ventricular function in experimental diabetesAaron P Kellogg
University of Michigan, Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H453-61. 2009..These data suggest that in experimental diabetes, selective COX-2 inactivation confers protection against sympathetic denervation and LV dysfunction by reducing intramyocardial oxidative stress, inflammation, and myocardial fibrosis...
- Effects of zofenopril on myocardial ischemia in post-myocardial infarction patients with preserved left ventricular function: the Survival of Myocardial Infarction Long-term Evaluation (SMILE)-ISCHEMIA studyClaudio Borghi
Department of Medicine, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Am Heart J 153:445.e7-14. 2007The aim of the study was to investigate the cardioprotective effects of the angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor zofenopril in post-myocardial infarction (MI) patients with preserved left ventricular function (LVF).
- Evaluation of a semiautomatic software tool for left ventricular function analysis with 16-slice computed tomographyMarc Dewey
Department of Radiology, Charite, Medical School, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Schumannstr 20 21, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:25-31. 2006..All global left ventricular function parameters assessed with the semiautomatic MSCT software were highly correlated with the results of MRI...
- Are left ventricular mass, geometry and function related to vascular changes and/or insulin resistance in long-standing hypertension? ICARUS: a LIFE substudyM H Olsen
Department of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Glostrup University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Hum Hypertens 17:305-11. 2003..This may suggest that systemic vascular hypertrophy contributes to abnormal diastolic LV relaxation in patients with hypertension and electrocardiographic LV hypertrophy...
- [Mechanical function is normal in remanent myocardium during the healing period of myocardial infarction--despite congestive heart failure]Alessandra P O N Peron
, , SP
Arq Bras Cardiol 86:105-12. 2006..CONCLUSION: The heart failure (HF) reported by MI rats with > 40% MI at the end of the healing period is not myocardial function dependent. Chamber structural changes and lower population of myocites should base VD and HF...
- Impact of arterial load and loading sequence on left ventricular tissue velocities in humansBarry A Borlaug
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:1570-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to examine the relationship between individual components of left ventricular (LV) afterload and tissue Doppler echocardiography (TDE) velocities in humans...
- Effects of cardiac resynchronization therapy on the mechanisms underlying functional mitral regurgitation in congestive heart failureMaria Cristina Porciani
University of Florence, Institute of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, V le Morgagni 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
Eur J Echocardiogr 7:31-9. 2006..The effects induced by the changes of LV synchronicity indexes on FMR severity have not been investigated...
- The benefit of upgrading chronically right ventricle-paced heart failure patients to resynchronization therapy demonstrated by strain rate imagingZayd A Eldadah
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Heart Rhythm 3:435-42. 2006..RV pacing induces conduction delay (CD), mechanical dyssynchrony, and increased morbidity in patients with HF. CRT improves HF symptoms and survival, but sparse data exist on its direct effect on chronically RV-paced HF patients...
- Correlation of the Tei index with left ventricular dilatation and mortality in patients with acute myocardial infarctionIsil Uzunhasan
Department of Cardiology, Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Int Heart J 47:331-42. 2006..The Tei index is an important indicator of left ventricular dysfunction and death after AMI. A greater Tei index at the onset of AMI is associated with a higher incidence of subsequent cardiac death, CHF, and progressive LV remodeling...
- Assessment of left ventricular systolic function using echocardiography in patients with preserved ejection fraction and elevated diastolic pressuresHisham Dokainish
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 101:1766-71. 2008..These differences are likely because invasively measured dP/dt and these echocardiographic variables measure different systolic properties in patients with preserved LV ejection fraction...
- Echocardiography and circulatory response to progressive endurance exerciseThomas Rowland
Department of Pediatrics, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts 01199, USA
Sports Med 38:541-51. 2008..Observations in subjects with altered circulatory dynamics during exercise (patients with cardiac disease, highly trained endurance athletes) can be understood within the context of this physiological model...
- Noninvasive assessment of diastolic function in subjects with preserved left ventricular ejection fraction: usefulness of color kinetic imagingYasuharu Takeda
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
J Card Fail 14:569-76. 2008..Noninvasive assessment of left ventricular (LV) diastolic function is not established in patients with preserved ejection fraction. We investigated a relation between diastolic function and diastolic wall dynamics...
- Unlocking the mysteries of diastolic function: deciphering the Rosetta Stone 10 years laterSteven J Lester
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, Arizona 85259, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 51:679-89. 2008..The purpose of this review is to highlight the developments in echo-Doppler and refinements in our knowledge that have occurred over the past decade that enhance our understanding of diastology...
- Left ventricular mechanical load and contractile function in patients with chronic mitral regurgitationWarren K Laskey
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, MSC10 5550, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Heart Valve Dis 16:247-54. 2007..These changes are reflected in alterations in mechanical load and, eventually, contractile function...
- Estimation of left ventricular filling pressure with exercise by Doppler echocardiography in patients with normal systolic function: a simultaneous echocardiographic-cardiac catheterization studyDeepak R Talreja
Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital Eastern Virginia Medical School, Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:477-9. 2007..However, the clinical use of Doppler echocardiography in the determination of filling pressures with exercise has been less well studied...
- Surgical Intramyocardial Angiogenesis in a Model of Endothelial DysfunctionFrank W Sellke; Fiscal Year: 2010..factor (VEGF) and fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2), in inducing improvements in myocardial flow and left ventricular function in a large animal model of chronic myocardial ischemia...
- INTERVENTIONS TO PROMOTE VENTILATOR WEANINGKathleen Stone; Fiscal Year: 2002..ventricular function and a conductance catheter and Miller micromanometer pressure catheter to measure left ventricular function continuously. The data will be analyzed using repeated measures multivariate analysis of variance...
- Cardioprotective Actions of Hydrogen SulfideDAVID JOSEPH LEFER; Fiscal Year: 2010..clearly demonstrate that physiological levels of H2S significantly ameliorate MI-R injury and preserve left ventricular function. Preliminary data also indicate that H2S therapy triggers both "early" and "late" myocardial ..
- TREATMENT OF FUNCTIONAL IMPAIRMENT IN PATIENTS WITH HEART FAILURE AND COMORBID DEKenneth Freedland; Fiscal Year: 2009..evaluation will assess depression, HF self-care, and quality of life, as well as medical history, left ventricular function via echocardiography, biomarkers including BNP and CRP, 6-minute walk test performance, physical ..
- TREATMENT OF FUNCTIONAL IMPAIRMENT IN PATIENTS WITH HEART FAILURE AND COMORBID DEKenneth E Freedland; Fiscal Year: 2010..evaluation will assess depression, HF self-care, and quality of life, as well as medical history, left ventricular function via echocardiography, biomarkers including BNP and CRP, 6-minute walk test performance, physical ..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Myocardial InfarctionRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2006Although cell transplant therapy has shown some promise in restoring tissue mass and improving left ventricular function after experimental myocardial infarction, the two major obstacles that must be overcome are 1) having an available ..
- Labeled inhibitors for angiotensin converting enzymeJohn Babich; Fiscal Year: 2004..that can identify patients with increased ACE, prospectively, before the transition to replacement fibrosis and remodeling occurs, may result in preserved left ventricular function thereby improving overall prognosis.
- Biologic Ventricular Assist DeviceRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2004..infarction will be used to assess the ability of this biologic pump approach to improve hemodynamics and left ventricular function via an afterload-reducing mechanism...
- Cord Blood: Treatment for Acute Myocardial InfarctionWilliam Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2005..stem cells (hUCBC) has been shown to be effective in limiting infarct size and in the preservation of left ventricular function and anatomy in a rat model...
- Cell Therapy for Improving Cardiac FunctionDouglas Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2007..A majority of patients with HF have poor left ventricular function, with 60-70% due to chronic ischemic coronary disease...
- VASCULAR INTERACTION WITH AGE IN MYOCARDIAL INFARCTIONSteven Schulman; Fiscal Year: 2004..changes in ventricular-vascular coupling (Ea/Ees relationship) in these patients to six-month changes in left ventricular function and to clinical outcomes...
- FUNCTIONAL AND TARGETING POLYMERIC GENE CARRIERSSung Wan Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..These primary myoblasts have demonstrated engraftment and improvement in left ventricular function but with adverse event of arrhythmia...
- Northeast Ohio Center for Cardiovascular Cell Therapy ResearchStephen Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Transplantation of stem cells improves left ventricular function (LVEF) in animal models of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) and CHF...
- PRE-DETERMINE: Biologic Markers and MRI SCD Cohort StudyAlan H Kadish; Fiscal Year: 2010..unique prospective cohort of patients who do not presently have an indication for ICD therapy based upon left ventricular function. The additional support from the NHLBI will provide a unique and timely opportunity to take advantage of ..
- Differential 02 Sensing in Right and Left hearts: Crosstalk with Ca-SignalingShahrzad Movafagh; Fiscal Year: 2007..Although, current therapies improve left ventricular function, right heart pathologies are not effectively treated...
- PRE-DETERMINE: Biologic Markers and MRI SCD Cohort StudyChristine Albert; Fiscal Year: 2009..unique prospective cohort of patients who do not presently have an indication for ICD therapy based upon left ventricular function. The additional support from the NHLBI will provide a unique and timely opportunity to take advantage of ..