Genomes and Genes
left ventricular function
Summary: The hemodynamic and electrophysiological action of the left HEART VENTRICLE. Its measurement is an important aspect of the clinical evaluation of patients with heart disease to determine the effects of the disease on cardiac performance.
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Effects of candesartan in patients with chronic heart failure and preserved left-ventricular ejection fraction: the CHARM-Preserved TrialSalim Yusuf
McMaster Clinic, Room 252, Hamilton General Hospital, 237 Barton Street East, ON, L8L 2X2, Hamilton, Canada
Lancet 362:777-81. 2003..We investigated the effect of addition of an angiotensin-receptor blocker to current treatments...
- Fractal correlation properties of R-R interval dynamics and mortality in patients with depressed left ventricular function after an acute myocardial infarctionH V Huikuri
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of Oulu, Finland
Circulation 101:47-53. 2000..The purpose of this study was to compare the prognostic power of new fractal and traditional measures of R-R interval variability as predictors of death after acute myocardial infarction...
- Intracoronary administration of bone marrow-derived progenitor cells improves left ventricular function in patients at risk for adverse remodeling after acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: results of the Reinfusion of Enriched Progenitor celThorsten Dill
Department of Cardiology, Kerckhoff Heart Center, Bad Nauheim, Germany
Am Heart J 157:541-7. 2009Serial cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (CMR) is the reference standard for evaluating left ventricular function, wall motion, and infarct size in patients with acute myocardial infarction, as well as remodeling during follow-up...
- Effects of intracoronary injection of mononuclear bone marrow cells on left ventricular function, arrhythmia risk profile, and restenosis after thrombolytic therapy of acute myocardial infarctionHeikki V Huikuri
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Oulu, Oulu, Finland
Eur Heart J 29:2723-32. 2008..To assess the efficacy and safety of bone marrow cell (BMC) therapy after thrombolytic therapy of an acute ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)...
- Impact of myocardial haemorrhage on left ventricular function and remodelling in patients with reperfused acute myocardial infarctionJavier Ganame
Cardiology Department, University Hospitals Leuven, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Eur Heart J 30:1440-9. 2009..Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can be used to identify MI, myocardial haemorrhage, and microvascular obstruction (MVO), as well as measure LV volumes, function, and mass...
- Activation of AMP-activated protein kinase by metformin improves left ventricular function and survival in heart failureSusheel Gundewar
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Circ Res 104:403-11. 2009..This study demonstrates that metformin significantly improves left ventricular function and survival via activation of AMPK and its downstream mediators, eNOS and PGC-1alpha, in a murine model ..
- Comparison of myocardial infarct size assessed with contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging and left ventricular function and volumes to predict mortality in patients with healed myocardial infarctionStijntje D Roes
Department of Radiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 100:930-6. 2007..In conclusion, infarct size on contrast-enhanced MRI may be superior to LVEF and LV volumes for predicting long-term mortality in patients with healed myocardial infarction...
- The effect of biventricular pacing after coronary artery bypass grafting: a prospective randomized trial of different pacing modes in patients with reduced left ventricular functionFrank Eberhardt
Medical Clinic II, University of Lubeck, Lubeck, Germany
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 137:1461-7. 2009Biventricular pacing acutely improves left ventricular function in patients with heart failure and left ventricular dyssynchrony...
- Transcoronary transplantation of progenitor cells after myocardial infarctionBirgit Assmus
Division of Cardiology and Molecular Cardiology, Department of Medicine III, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany
N Engl J Med 355:1222-32. 2006..of progenitor cells derived from bone marrow (BMC) or circulating blood (CPC) may improve left ventricular function after acute myocardial infarction...
- Carvedilol improves left ventricular function in murine coxsackievirus-induced acute myocarditis association with reduced myocardial interleukin-1beta and MMP-8 expression and a modulated immune responseMatthias Pauschinger
Department of Internal Medicine II, Cardiology and Pneumonology, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Hindenburgdamm 30, D 12200 Berlin, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 7:444-52. 2005..Beta-adrenergic receptor stimulation influences the production of cytokines heralding the possibility of modulating cytokine production by beta-adrenergic blockers...
- Effects of deflazacort on left ventricular function in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophyCandice K Silversides
Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Toronto General Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Cardiol 91:769-72. 2003
- Elevated homocysteine is associated with reduced regional left ventricular function: the Multi-Ethnic Study of AtherosclerosisKhurram Nasir
Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circulation 115:180-7. 2007..In this study, we aim to investigate the relationship between Hcy levels and regional left ventricular function in an asymptomatic population.
- Role of diminished renal function in cardiovascular mortality: marker or pathogenetic factor?Robert W Schrier
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1-8. 2006....
- Characteristics, treatments, and outcomes of patients with preserved systolic function hospitalized for heart failure: a report from the OPTIMIZE-HF RegistryGregg C Fonarow
Ahmanson UCLA Cardiomyopathy Center, Department of Medicine, UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90095 1679, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:768-77. 2007..We sought to evaluate the characteristics, treatments, and outcomes of patients with preserved and reduced systolic function heart failure (HF)...
- Interleukin-10 improves left ventricular function in rats with heart failure subsequent to myocardial infarctionChristian Stumpf
Department of Cardiology, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Eur J Heart Fail 10:733-9. 2008..This effect was associated with a significant decrease in pro-inflammatory cytokine and chemokine levels (TNF-alpha, IL-6, MCP-1) and furthermore resulted in a reduced myocardial infiltration of macrophages...
- Influence of tidal volume on left ventricular stroke volume variation measured by pulse contour analysis in mechanically ventilated patientsDaniel A Reuter
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, 81377 Munich, Germany
Intensive Care Med 29:476-80. 2003..This study investigated the influence of the depth of tidal volume (V(t)) on SVV both during the state of fluid responsiveness and after fluid loading in mechanically ventilated patients...
- Cardiac magnetic resonance monitors reversible and irreversible myocardial injury in myocarditisAnja Zagrosek
Franz Volhard Klinik, Kardiologie, Charite Campus Buch, HELIOS Klinikum Berlin, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:131-8. 2009..We sought to assess the value of cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) to monitor the spectrum of myocarditis-related injuries over the course of the disease...
- Long-term heart rate reduction induced by the selective I(f) current inhibitor ivabradine improves left ventricular function and intrinsic myocardial structure in congestive heart failurePaul Mulder
INSERM U644, UFR de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Rouen, France
Circulation 109:1674-9. 2004..However, the long-term effects of HRR on cardiac function and remodeling are unknown...
- Differential effect of intracoronary infusion of mobilized peripheral blood stem cells by granulocyte colony-stimulating factor on left ventricular function and remodeling in patients with acute myocardial infarction versus old myocardial infarction: the Hyun Jae Kang
Cardiovascular Laboratory, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, 28 Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Republic of Korea
Circulation 114:I145-51. 2006..In addition, the potential risk of restenosis associated with G-CSF-based stem cell therapy has not been evaluated in the setting of drug eluting stent (DES) implantation...
- Comparison between the prognostic value of left ventricular function and myocardial perfusion reserve in patients with ischemic heart diseaseRene A Tio
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 50:214-9. 2009..Myocardial perfusion is the main determinant of left ventricular function in patients with IHD. The prognostic value of LVEF has been widely established...
- Positive effects of nitric oxide on left ventricular function in humansTienush Rassaf
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Pulmonary Diseases and Angiology, University Hospital Aachen, Medical Clinic I, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Eur Heart J 27:1699-705. 2006..The myocardial effect of tonically released nitric oxide (NO) in humans is still not known. We tested the hypothesis that low-dose NO exerts positive effects on left ventricular (LV) function...
- Myocardial triglyceride content and epicardial fat mass in human obesity: relationship to left ventricular function and serum free fatty acid levelsMikko Kankaanpaa
Turku PET Centre, University of Turku, FIN 20521, Turku, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4689-95. 2006..We evaluated myocardial and epicardial fat, left ventricular (LV) function, and metabolic risk factors in nine (five lean, four moderately obese) men...
- Echocardiographic measurement of fluid responsivenessCyril Charron
Medical Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital Ambroise Pare, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Boulogne, France
Curr Opin Crit Care 12:249-54. 2006..In the last few years, several French teams have used echocardiography to develop new parameters of fluid responsiveness, taking advantage of its ability to monitor cardiac function beat by beat during the respiratory cycle...
- MR tagging demonstrates quantitative differences in regional ventricular wall motion in mice, rats, and menWei Liu
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve Univ, Wickenden 427, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H2515-21. 2006....
- Left ventricular form and function revisited: applied translational science to cardiovascular ultrasound imagingPartho P Sengupta
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:539-51. 2007..This review examines the structure and function of the left ventricle relative to the potential clinical application of DTI and speckle tracking in assessing the global mechanical sequence of the left ventricle in vivo...
- Intravenous mesenchymal stem cell therapy early after reperfused acute myocardial infarction improves left ventricular function and alters electrophysiologic propertiesMatthew J Price
Division of Cardiology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Int J Cardiol 111:231-9. 2006..Since there is no need for immune suppression or clinical expertise, IV infusion of MSCs may expand the potential clinical application of stem cell therapy...
- Improved left ventricular mechanics from acute VDD pacing in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy and ventricular conduction delayD A Kass
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circulation 99:1567-73. 1999....
- Role of imaging in cardiac stem cell therapySaskia L M A Beeres
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:1137-48. 2007..In addition, a comprehensive summary is provided of the currently available studies investigating a cell therapy-related effect on left ventricular function, myocardial perfusion, scar tissue, and myocardial viability.
- The relationships of left ventricular ejection fraction, end-systolic volume index and infarct size to six-month mortality after hospital discharge following myocardial infarction treated by thrombolysisRobert J Burns
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:30-6. 2002....
- Injection of adeno-associated viral vector encoding vascular endothelial growth factor gene in infarcted swine myocardium: MR measurements of left ventricular function and strainAlexis Jacquier
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave, HSW 207 B, San Francisco, CA 94134 0628, USA
Radiology 245:196-205. 2007....
- Acute hemodynamic effects of cardiac resynchronization therapy in patients with poor left ventricular function during cardiac surgeryMohamed A Soliman Hamad
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
J Card Surg 24:585-90. 2009..We investigated the acute hemodynamic response using LVdP/dt(max) in patients with depressed LV function and conduction disturbances undergoing cardiac surgery...
- Clinical utility of Doppler echocardiography and tissue Doppler imaging in the estimation of left ventricular filling pressures: A comparative simultaneous Doppler-catheterization studyS R Ommen
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Circulation 102:1788-94. 2000..However, accurate prediction of filling pressures for an individual patient requires a stepwise approach incorporating all available data...
- Direct comparison of magnetic resonance imaging and conductance microcatheter in the evaluation of left ventricular function in miceChristoph Jacoby
Department of Cardiovascular Physiology, Heinrich Heine University Dusseldorf, Universitatsstr 1, 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 101:87-95. 2006..In summary, our data demonstrate that absolute volumetric values are strikingly underestimated by conduction catheter measurements and that even detection of directional changes with this method may not always be feasible...
- Evaluation of left ventricular function in anesthetized patients using femoral artery dP/dt(max)Stefan G De Hert
Department of Anesthesiology, University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 20:325-30. 2006..The purpose of this study was to compare dP/dt(max) estimated from a femoral artery pressure tracing to left ventricular (LV) dP/dt(max) during various alterations in myocardial loading and contractile function...
- Minimized extracorporeal circulation in coronary artery bypass surgery is equivalent to standard extracorporeal circulation in patients with reduced left ventricular functionT Puehler
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Medical Center University Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 58:204-9. 2010..We analyzed the clinical outcome of patients with reduced left ventricular function who underwent coronary artery bypass surgery with MECC or with standard ECC.
- Effects of sex, gonadectomy, and oestrogen substitution on ischaemic preconditioning and ischaemia-reperfusion injury in miceX Song
Crafoord Laboratory of Experimental Surgery, Karolinska Hospital, Stockhom, Sweden
Acta Physiol Scand 177:459-66. 2003..Ischaemic preconditioning (IPC) has been demonstrated to protect heart function and viability, but has been predominantly studied in male animals...
- Cardiac magnetic resonance assessment of dyssynchrony and myocardial scar predicts function class improvement following cardiac resynchronization therapyKenneth C Bilchick
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:561-8. 2008....
- The late consequences of anthracycline treatment on left ventricular function after treatment for childhood cancerLubomir Elbl
Department of Cardiopulmonary Testing, Faculty Hospital of Masaryk University, Jihlavska 20, 625 00 Brno, Czech Republic
Eur J Pediatr 162:690-6. 2003The purpose of this study was to determine the incidence of changes in left ventricular function in patients in long-term remission after treatment with anthracyclines for a childhood malignancy...
- Left ventricular function and C-reactive protein levels in acute myocardial infarctionAdelaide M Arruda-Olson
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Cardiol 105:917-21. 2010..This suggests that inflammation is related to the ventricular remodeling processes, independently of LV systolic function...
- Intracoronary bone marrow cell transfer after myocardial infarction: eighteen months' follow-up data from the randomized, controlled BOOST (BOne marrOw transfer to enhance ST-elevation infarct regeneration) trialGerd P Meyer
Department of Cardiology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Circulation 113:1287-94. 2006..The critical question of whether BMC transfer can have a sustained impact on LV function remains unanswered...
- Quantitative evaluation of regional left ventricular function using three-dimensional speckle tracking echocardiography in patients with and without heart diseaseFrancesco Maffessanti
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am J Cardiol 104:1755-62. 2009..2D) speckle tracking echocardiography has been shown to be useful in the assessment of regional left ventricular function, it is limited by the assumption that speckles can be tracked frame-to-frame within the imaging plane, ..
- Transplantation of endothelial progenitor cells improves neovascularization and left ventricular function after myocardial infarction in a rat modelAlexander Schuh
IZKF BIOMAT, Aachen, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 103:69-77. 2008..of human endothelial progenitor cells (EPCs) and stromal-cell derived factor-1alpha (SDF-1alpha) on left ventricular function in a chronic setting after myocardial infarction in cyclosporine treated rats...
- Multipotent adult progenitor cell transplantation increases vascularity and improves left ventricular function after myocardial infarctionBeatriz Pelacho
Stem Cell Institute, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 1:51-9. 2007....
- Impact of acute myocardial edema on left ventricular functionUwe M Fischer
Center for Microvascular and Lymphatic Studies, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas, USA
J Invest Surg 19:31-8. 2006..3% to 77.7 +/- 0.3% (p < .05). PRSW and dP/dt(max) did not decrease in either group. Diastolic parameters did not change significantly. We conclude that acute myocardial edema without myocardial injury does not impair LV function...
- Sildenafil (Viagra) attenuates ischemic cardiomyopathy and improves left ventricular function in miceFadi N Salloum
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 294:H1398-406. 2008..05). Sildenafil attenuates ischemic cardiomyopathy in mice by limiting necrosis and apoptosis and by preserving left ventricular function possibly through a nitric oxide-dependent pathway.
- Olmesartan improves left ventricular function in pressure-overload hypertrophied rat heart by blocking angiotensin II receptor with synergic effects of upregulation of angiotensin converting enzyme 2- Kaiqiang Ji
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, Hirosaki, Japan
Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis 3:103-11. 2009..2 mg/kg per day) was administered subcutaneously by osmotic minipumps (Olm groups). Left ventricular function was measured by Langendorff perfusion...
- Impact of different pacing modes on left ventricular function following cardiopulmonary bypassO Dzemali
Department for Cardiothoracic Surgery, J W Goethe University Hospital, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 56:87-92. 2008..This prospective study investigates hemodynamic effects and outcomes of perioperative temporary biventricular pacing in patients with heart failure undergoing heart surgery...
- [Effects of autologous bone marrow derived CD34+ stem cells on the left ventricular function following myocardial infarction]László Balogh
Debreceni Egyetem, Orvos és Egészségtudományi Centrum, Altalános Orvostudományi Kar Kardiológiai Intézet, Debrecen Pf 1 4004
Orv Hetil 148:243-9. 2007..8 patients with impaired left ventricular function were transplanted with CD34+ bone marrow stem cells 12 +/- 1 day after the acute coronary event...
- Assessment of left ventricular function by cardiac ultrasoundJames D Thomas
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2012-25. 2006..This review also discusses the clinical impact of echocardiography and its future directions and developments...
- Paracrine effects of direct intramyocardial implantation of bone marrow derived cells to enhance neovascularization in chronic ischaemic myocardiumHung Fat Tse
Division of Cardiology, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Eur J Heart Fail 9:747-53. 2007..To determine the optimal bone marrow (BM) cell types, and their potential mechanisms of action for neovascularization in chronic ischaemic myocardium...
- Statin-induced improvement of endothelial progenitor cell mobilization, myocardial neovascularization, left ventricular function, and survival after experimental myocardial infarction requires endothelial nitric oxide synthaseUlf Landmesser
Abteilung Kardiologie und Angiologie, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Circulation 110:1933-9. 2004....
- Tissue Doppler imaging consistently detects myocardial abnormalities in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and provides a novel means for an early diagnosis before and independently of hypertrophyS F Nagueh
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, USA
Circulation 104:128-30. 2001..We tested whether humans with FHCM also consistently showed reduced myocardial TD velocities, irrespective of LVH...
- Ventricular pacing lead location alters systemic hemodynamics and left ventricular function in patients with and without reduced ejection fractionRandy Lieberman
Department of Cardiology, Harper University Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1634-41. 2006..We compared left ventricular (LV) systolic and diastolic function during right ventricular (RV), LV, and biventricular (BiV) pacing in patients with narrow QRS duration with and without LV dysfunction...
- Global left ventricular function in cardiac CT. Evaluation of an automated 3D region-growing segmentation algorithmGeorg Mühlenbruch
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Eur Radiol 16:1117-23. 2006..2%. On the basis of a good contrast-enhanced data set, a left ventricular volume analysis using the new semi-automated region-growing segmentation algorithm is technically feasible, accurate and more time-effective...
- Echocardiographic assessment of global left ventricular function in miceJörg Stypmann
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Hospital of the University of Münster, Albert Schweitzer Str 33, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Lab Anim 43:127-37. 2009....
- Improved Stratification of Autonomic Regulation for risk prediction in post-infarction patients with preserved left ventricular function (ISAR-Risk)Axel Bauer
Medizinische Klinik und Deutsches Herzzentrum München der Technischen Universität München, Munchen, Germany
Eur Heart J 30:576-83. 2009..To investigate the combination of heart rate turbulence (HRT) and deceleration capacity (DC) as risk predictors in post-infarction patients with left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) > 30%...
- Investigating myocardial motion by MRI using tissue phase mappingBernd Jung
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Medical Physics, University Hospital, Freiburg University, Hugstetterstr 55, 79106 Freiburg, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 29:S150-7. 2006..In contrast to other imaging modalities such as echocardiography left ventricular performance can be assessed without limited anatomical or functional coverage...
- Transit of blood flow through the human left ventricle mapped by cardiovascular magnetic resonanceAnn F Bolger
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 9:741-7. 2007..Quantification of the components of multidirectional flow in the normal left ventricle (LV) is lacking, making it difficult to put the changes observed with LV dysfunction and cardiac surgery into context...
- Cardiac involvement in patients with Becker muscular dystrophy: new diagnostic and pathophysiological insights by a CMR approachAli Yilmaz
Division of Cardiology, Robert Bosch Krankenhaus, Stuttgart, Germany
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 10:50. 2008..Cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) has the potential to detect cardiac involvement by depicting early scar formation that may appear before onset of wall motion abnormalities...
- Dramatic reversal of derangements in muscle metabolism and left ventricular function after bariatric surgeryJoshua G Leichman
Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Med 121:966-73. 2008..The study objective was to define muscle metabolic and cardiovascular changes after surgical intervention in clinically severe obese patients...
- Optimal vortex formation as an index of cardiac healthMorteza Gharib
Graduate Aeronautical Laboratories and Bioengineering, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:6305-8. 2006..A study of normal and pathological cardiac health in human subjects demonstrates the ability of this global index to distinguish disease states by a straightforward analysis of noninvasive LV measurements...
- Cardiovascular effects of continuous positive airway pressure in patients with heart failure and obstructive sleep apneaYasuyuki Kaneko
Sleep Research Laboratories, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto General Hospital, ON M5G 2C4, Canada
N Engl J Med 348:1233-41. 2003..We hypothesized that treatment of obstructive sleep apnea by continuous positive airway pressure in patients with heart failure would improve left ventricular systolic function...
- Natriuretic peptides as markers of cardiotoxicity during doxorubicin treatment for non-Hodgkin's lymphomaT Nousiainen
Department of Medicine, Kuopio University Hospital and University of Kuopio, Finland
Eur J Haematol 62:135-41. 1999..that neuroendocrine activation - increased concentrations of plasma natriuretic peptides - occurs when left ventricular function has reduced substantially and its compensatory capacity has been exceeded resulting in atrial and ..
- The effect of injected RGD modified alginate on angiogenesis and left ventricular function in a chronic rat infarct modelJiashing Yu
University of California Berkeley and University of California San Francisco Joint Bioengineering Graduate Group, Berkeley San Francisco, CA, United States
Biomaterials 30:751-6. 2009..These results suggest that in situ use of modified polymers may influence the tissue microenvironment and serve as a potential therapeutic agent for patients with chronic heart failure...
- Mesenchymal progenitor cells differentiate into an endothelial phenotype, enhance vascular density, and improve heart function in a rat cellular cardiomyoplasty modelSiamak Davani
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie, Faculte de Medecine, 25000 Besancon, France
Circulation 108:II253-8. 2003..The differentiation pathways of engrafted mesenchymal progenitor cells (MPCs) and their effects on the left ventricular function in a rat myocardial infarct heart model were analyzed.
- Transplantation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells improves left ventricular function in a rat model of myocardial infarctionMarc W Merx
Medizinische Klinik I, Universitatsklinikum Aachen, Pauwelsstr 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 100:208-16. 2005..Since human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) harbor the potential for transdifferentiation, we studied the functional effects of HUVEC transplantation in a rat model of MI...
- Myocardial strain and torsion quantified by cardiovascular magnetic resonance tissue tagging: studies in normal and impaired left ventricular functionMarco J W Götte
Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2002-11. 2006..This review discusses the clinical use of cardiovascular magnetic resonance tissue tagging for quantitative assessment of regional myocardial function, thereby underlining the specific features and emerging role of this technique...
- Congestive heart failure in patients treated with doxorubicin: a retrospective analysis of three trialsSandra M Swain
National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Cancer 97:2869-79. 2003....
- Determination of normal regional left ventricular function from cine-MR images using a semi-automated edge detection methodG D Waiter
Department of Bio Medical Physics and Bio Engineering, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, UK
Magn Reson Imaging 17:99-107. 1999..The method described, for the delineation of the borders, reduces considerably the long and tedious operator time inherent in manual measurement and greatly increases the reproducibility of the measurements...
- Single-beat estimation of end-systolic elastance using bilinearly approximated time-varying elastance curveT Shishido
Department of Cardiovascular Dynamics, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Osaka, Japan
Circulation 102:1983-9. 2000....
- Carvedilol produces dose-related improvements in left ventricular function and survival in subjects with chronic heart failure. MOCHA InvestigatorsM R Bristow
Division of Cardiology, University of Colorado HSC, Denver 80262, USA
Circulation 94:2807-16. 1996..We conducted a multicenter, placebo-controlled trial designed to establish the efficacy and safety of carvedilol, a "third-generation" beta -blocking agent with vasodilator properties, in chronic heart failure...
- Exercise training in patients with advanced chronic heart failure (NYHA IIIb) promotes restoration of peripheral vasomotor function, induction of endogenous regeneration, and improvement of left ventricular functionSandra Erbs
Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, University of Leipzig Heart Center, Leipzig, Germany
Circ Heart Fail 3:486-94. 2010....
- Effects of trimetazidine on left ventricular function in patients with type 2 diabetes and heart failureInga S Thrainsdottir
Department of Cardiology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:101-8. 2004..Trimetazidine, a metabolic agent with anti-ischemic properties, reduces fatty acid beta-oxidation via decreased 3-ketoacyl-coenzyme-A thiolase activity thereby facilitating energy production via the glycolytic pathway...
- Myocardial tissue tracking with two-dimensional cine displacement-encoded MR imaging: development and initial evaluationDaniel Kim
Department of Radiology, University of Virginia Health System, Rm 1175, MR 4 Bldg, 409 Lane Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Radiology 230:862-71. 2004..7 x 2.7 mm and 60 msec, respectively. E(cc) measured at cine DENSE MR imaging correlated well with that measured at conventional MR imaging tagging (slope = 0.88, intercept = 0.00, R = 0.87)...
- Cine-MRI versus two-dimensional echocardiography to measure in vivo left ventricular function in rat heartDaniel J Stuckey
Cardiac Metabolism Research Group, Department of Physiology, Anatomy and Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
NMR Biomed 21:765-72. 2008..The accuracy of cine-MRI allows identification of alterations in heart function that may be missed when using 2D-echo...
- Effect of perindopril on the onset and progression of left ventricular dysfunction in Duchenne muscular dystrophyDenis Duboc
French Working Group of Heart Involvement in Myopathies Investigators, Paris, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:855-7. 2005..The aim of this research was to examine the effects of perindopril on cardiac function in patients with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD)...
- Quantitative assessment of left ventricular function with dual-source CT in comparison to cardiac magnetic resonance imaging: initial findingsS Busch
Department of Clinical Radiology, University of Munich, Marchioninistr 15, 81377, Munich, Germany
Eur Radiol 18:570-5. 2008..85 for EDV, ESV and EF. DSCT offers the possibility to quantify left ventricular function from coronary CT angiography datasets with sufficient diagnostic accuracy, adding to the value of the ..
- Operator induced variability in left ventricular measurements with cardiovascular magnetic resonance is improved after trainingTheodoros D Karamitsos
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford Centre for Clinical Magnetic Resonance Research, Oxford, UK
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 9:777-83. 2007..The aim of the study was to assess the interobserver variability of the manual planimetry of LV contours amongst two experienced and six inexperienced operators before and after a two months training period...
- Athlete's heart: right and left ventricular mass and function in male endurance athletes and untrained individuals determined by magnetic resonance imagingJurgen Scharhag
Institute of Sports and Preventive Medicine, University of Saarland, Campus, Building 39 1, 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:1856-63. 2002..Athlete's heart represents a structural and functional adaptation to regular endurance exercise...
- Total right ventricular exclusion improves left ventricular function in patients with end-stage congestive right ventricular failureMasami Takagaki
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama, Okayama, 700 8558, Japan
Circulation 108:II226-9. 2003..The objective of the present study was to elucidate the effects of a complete removal of RV volume overload (RVVO) on the surgically created single left ventricle (LV)...
- Postexercise left ventricular function and cTnT in recreational marathon runnersKeith George
Research Institute for Sport and Exercise Science, Henry Cotton Campus, Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, United Kingdom
Med Sci Sports Exerc 36:1709-15. 2004..To assess the impact of prolonged exercise on left ventricular (LV) function and the appearance of cardiac troponin T (cTnT) in older and recreational athletes...
- Measurement of myocardial mechanics in mice before and after infarction using multislice displacement-encoded MRI with 3D motion encodingWesley D Gilson
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H1491-7. 2005..07 +/- 0.54 degrees /mm (R = 0.96, P < 0.05). DENSE MRI can assess the 3D myocardial mechanics of the murine heart in <1 h of scan time at 4.7 T and may be applied to studies of myocardial mechanics in genetically engineered mice...
- The relationship between left ventricular function assessed by multigated radionuclide test and cardiopulmonary exercise test in patients with ischemic heart diseaseEliezer Klainman
Institute of Pulmonary Medicine, Exercise Physiology Unit, Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Campus, Petah Tiqva
Chest 121:841-5. 2002....
- Benefits of cardiac resynchronization therapy for heart failure patients with narrow QRS complexes and coexisting systolic asynchrony by echocardiographyCheuk Man Yu
Division of Cardiology, S H Ho Cardiovascular and Stroke Centre, Institute of Vascular Medicine, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2251-7. 2006..This study was designed to evaluate the role of cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) in heart failure (HF) patients with narrow QRS complexes (<120 ms) and echocardiographic evidence of mechanical asynchrony...
- Dose-dependent effects of sildenafil on post-ischaemic left ventricular function in the rat isolated heartTheofilos M Kolettis
Department of Cardiology, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
J Pharm Pharmacol 62:346-51. 2010..We have explored the effects of two acute and one chronic administration regimen on left ventricular function.
- Cardio-ankle vascular index is independently associated with the severity of coronary atherosclerosis and left ventricular function in patients with ischemic heart diseaseToru Miyoshi
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 17:249-58. 2010..We investigated the association of the CAVI with coronary atherosclerosis and left ventricular (LV) systolic and diastolic function in patients with ischemic heart disease (IHD)...
- Effects of intracoronary autologous bone marrow cells on left ventricular function in acute myocardial infarction: a systematic review and meta-analysis for randomized controlled trialsSheng Kang
Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Institute and Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Coron Artery Dis 19:327-35. 2008..suggested that intracoronary infusion of bone marrow-derived stem/progenitor cells (BMC) may improve left ventricular function after acute myocardial infarction (AMI)...
- Cardiac cell therapy--mixed results from mixed cellsAnthony Rosenzweig
N Engl J Med 355:1274-7. 2006
- Pathophysiologic role of myocardial apoptosis in post-infarction left ventricular remodelingAntonio Abbate
Institute of Cardiology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
J Cell Physiol 193:145-53. 2002....
- Prior exercise improves survival, infarct healing, and left ventricular function after myocardial infarctionMonique C de Waard
Experimental Cardiology, Dept of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam 3000 CA, The Netherlands
J Appl Physiol (1985) 107:928-36. 2009..These findings suggest that even when regular physical activity fails to prevent an acute MI, it can still act to improve cardiac function and survival after MI...
- The impact of metabolic syndrome on left ventricular function: evaluated by using the index of myocardial performanceHasan Turhan
Department of Cardiology, Inonu University Faculty of Medicine, Malatya Turkey
Int J Cardiol 132:382-6. 2009To evaluate the impact of metabolic syndrome on global left ventricular function by using the index of myocardial performance.
- Surrogate end points in heart failureInder S Anand
University of Minnesota Medical School and Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1414-21. 2002..Other uses of possible surrogates are discussed, and the limitations in finding true surrogates are mentioned. At this time we conclude there is no well established surrogate in HF...
- Effects of exercise training on left ventricular function and peripheral resistance in patients with chronic heart failure: A randomized trialR Hambrecht
Klinik für Innere Medizin Kardiologie, Universitat Leipzig, Herzzentrum GmbH, Russenstrasse 19, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
JAMA 283:3095-101. 2000..Exercise training in patients with chronic heart failure improves work capacity by enhancing endothelial function and skeletal muscle aerobic metabolism, but effects on central hemodynamic function are not well established...
- Improved left ventricular function after transplantation of microspheres and fibroblasts in a rat model of myocardial infarctionAlexander Schuh
Medizinische Klinik I, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057, Aachen, Germany
Basic Res Cardiol 104:403-11. 2009..Eight weeks after intramyocardial application of fibroblasts and microspheres, left ventricular function was significantly improved as demonstrated by isolated heart studies (Langendorff) and echocardiographic ..
- Effects of ghrelin administration on left ventricular function, exercise capacity, and muscle wasting in patients with chronic heart failureNoritoshi Nagaya
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cardiovascular Center, 5 7 1 Fujishirodai, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Circulation 110:3674-9. 2004..We investigated the effects of ghrelin on left ventricular (LV) function, exercise capacity, and muscle wasting in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Improved left ventricular function and reduced necrosis after myocardial ischemia/reperfusion in rabbits treated with ranolazine, an inhibitor of the late sodium channelSharon L Hale
The Heart Institute, Good Samaritan Hospital, 1225 Wilshire Blvd, and the Keck School of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90017, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 318:418-23. 2006..Ranolazine treatment led to better ejection fraction, stroke volume and less wall motion abnormality after reperfusion, and less myocardial necrosis...
- A comparison between ranolazine and CVT-4325, a novel inhibitor of fatty acid oxidation, on cardiac metabolism and left ventricular function in rat isolated perfused heart during ischemia and reperfusionPeipei Wang
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama, Birmingham, AL 35294 0005, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 321:213-20. 2007....
- Left ventricular isovolumic flow sequence during sinus and paced rhythms: new insights from use of high-resolution Doppler and ultrasonic digital particle imaging velocimetryPartho P Sengupta
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 49:899-908. 2007..We sought to clarify the role of isovolumic intervals during a cardiac cycle by in vivo visualization of left ventricular (LV) intracavitary flow dynamics...
- Effect of glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) on glycemic control and left ventricular function in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graftingGeorge G Sokos
Department of Medicine, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Cardiol 100:824-9. 2007..Twenty patients with coronary heart disease and preserved left ventricular function who were scheduled to undergo CABG were randomized to receive standard therapy at the discretion of the ..
- Hospitalization for heart failure in the presence of a normal left ventricular ejection fraction: results of the New York Heart Failure RegistryMarc Klapholz
Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers, New York, New York, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1432-8. 2004....
- Diastolic abnormalities as the first feature of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in Dutch myosin-binding protein C founder mutationsMichelle Michels
Department of Cardiology, Thoraxcenter, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2:58-64. 2009....
- Surgical Intramyocardial Angiogenesis in a Model of Endothelial DysfunctionFrank W Sellke; Fiscal Year: 2010..factor (VEGF) and fibroblast growth factor-2 (FGF-2), in inducing improvements in myocardial flow and left ventricular function in a large animal model of chronic myocardial ischemia...
- INTERVENTIONS TO PROMOTE VENTILATOR WEANINGKathleen Stone; Fiscal Year: 2002..ventricular function and a conductance catheter and Miller micromanometer pressure catheter to measure left ventricular function continuously. The data will be analyzed using repeated measures multivariate analysis of variance...
- Cardioprotective Actions of Hydrogen SulfideDAVID JOSEPH LEFER; Fiscal Year: 2010..clearly demonstrate that physiological levels of H2S significantly ameliorate MI-R injury and preserve left ventricular function. Preliminary data also indicate that H2S therapy triggers both "early" and "late" myocardial ..
- TREATMENT OF FUNCTIONAL IMPAIRMENT IN PATIENTS WITH HEART FAILURE AND COMORBID DEKenneth E Freedland; Fiscal Year: 2010..evaluation will assess depression, HF self-care, and quality of life, as well as medical history, left ventricular function via echocardiography, biomarkers including BNP and CRP, 6-minute walk test performance, physical ..
- TREATMENT OF FUNCTIONAL IMPAIRMENT IN PATIENTS WITH HEART FAILURE AND COMORBID DEKenneth Freedland; Fiscal Year: 2009..evaluation will assess depression, HF self-care, and quality of life, as well as medical history, left ventricular function via echocardiography, biomarkers including BNP and CRP, 6-minute walk test performance, physical ..
- Mesenchymal Stem Cells for Myocardial InfarctionRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2006Although cell transplant therapy has shown some promise in restoring tissue mass and improving left ventricular function after experimental myocardial infarction, the two major obstacles that must be overcome are 1) having an available ..
- Labeled inhibitors for angiotensin converting enzymeJohn Babich; Fiscal Year: 2004..that can identify patients with increased ACE, prospectively, before the transition to replacement fibrosis and remodeling occurs, may result in preserved left ventricular function thereby improving overall prognosis.
- Biologic Ventricular Assist DeviceRobert Kloner; Fiscal Year: 2004..infarction will be used to assess the ability of this biologic pump approach to improve hemodynamics and left ventricular function via an afterload-reducing mechanism...
- Cord Blood: Treatment for Acute Myocardial InfarctionWilliam Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2005..stem cells (hUCBC) has been shown to be effective in limiting infarct size and in the preservation of left ventricular function and anatomy in a rat model...
- Cell Therapy for Improving Cardiac FunctionDouglas Vaughan; Fiscal Year: 2007..A majority of patients with HF have poor left ventricular function, with 60-70% due to chronic ischemic coronary disease...
- VASCULAR INTERACTION WITH AGE IN MYOCARDIAL INFARCTIONSteven Schulman; Fiscal Year: 2004..changes in ventricular-vascular coupling (Ea/Ees relationship) in these patients to six-month changes in left ventricular function and to clinical outcomes...
- FUNCTIONAL AND TARGETING POLYMERIC GENE CARRIERSSung Wan Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010..These primary myoblasts have demonstrated engraftment and improvement in left ventricular function but with adverse event of arrhythmia...
- Northeast Ohio Center for Cardiovascular Cell Therapy ResearchStephen Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Transplantation of stem cells improves left ventricular function (LVEF) in animal models of acute myocardial infarction (AMI) and CHF...
- PRE-DETERMINE: Biologic Markers and MRI SCD Cohort StudyChristine Albert; Fiscal Year: 2009..unique prospective cohort of patients who do not presently have an indication for ICD therapy based upon left ventricular function. The additional support from the NHLBI will provide a unique and timely opportunity to take advantage of ..
- Differential 02 Sensing in Right and Left hearts: Crosstalk with Ca-SignalingShahrzad Movafagh; Fiscal Year: 2007..Although, current therapies improve left ventricular function, right heart pathologies are not effectively treated...
- PRE-DETERMINE: Biologic Markers and MRI SCD Cohort StudyAlan H Kadish; Fiscal Year: 2010..unique prospective cohort of patients who do not presently have an indication for ICD therapy based upon left ventricular function. The additional support from the NHLBI will provide a unique and timely opportunity to take advantage of ..