Genomes and Genes
pulmonary wedge pressure
Summary: The blood pressure as recorded after wedging a CATHETER in a small PULMONARY ARTERY; believed to reflect the PRESSURE in the pulmonary CAPILLARIES.
Publications185 found, 100 shown here
- Monitoring intravascular volumes for postoperative volume therapyH Brock
General Hospital, Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, Linz, Austria
Eur J Anaesthesiol 19:288-94. 2002..The feasibility of monitoring measured intravascular volumes and the cardiac filling pressures were compared to reflect the optimal volume status of postoperative patients...
- Assessment of intrathoracic blood volume as an indicator of cardiac preload: single transpulmonary thermodilution technique versus assessment of pressure preload parameters derived from a pulmonary artery catheterC Wiesenack
Department of Anaesthesia, University Hospital, Regensburg, Germany
J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 15:584-8. 2001..The assessment of ITBV by the transpulmonary single indicator dilution technique is an interesting alternative to the pressure preload parameters...
- Pulmonary artery distensibility in pulmonary arterial hypertension: an MRI pilot studyC Jardim
Pulmonary Division, Pulmonary Hypertension Unit, Heart Institute, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur Respir J 29:476-81. 2007..The present findings suggest that magnetic resonance imaging and pulmonary artery distensibility may be useful noninvasive tools for the evaluation of patients with pulmonary hypertension...
- Tissue Doppler imaging in the estimation of intracardiac filling pressure in decompensated patients with advanced systolic heart failureWilfried Mullens
Section of Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplantation Medicine, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Heart and Vascular Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Circulation 119:62-70. 2009..The objective of this study was to determine the reliability of mitral E/Ea for predicting PCWP in patients admitted for advanced decompensated heart failure...
- Global diastolic strain rate for the assessment of left ventricular relaxation and filling pressuresJianwen Wang
Department of Cardiology and Methodist DeBakey Heart Center, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Circulation 115:1376-83. 2007..Mitral early diastolic velocity (E)/SR ratio during the isovolumetric relaxation (IVR) period can be used to estimate LV filling pressures...
- Cardiac filling pressures are not appropriate to predict hemodynamic response to volume challengeDavid Osman
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire de Bicêtre, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris XI, Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Crit Care Med 35:64-8. 2007..By analyzing a large number of volume challenges, our aim was to test the significance of the recommended target values in terms of prediction of volume responsiveness...
- Optimal noninvasive assessment of left ventricular filling pressures: a comparison of tissue Doppler echocardiography and B-type natriuretic peptide in patients with pulmonary artery cathetersHisham Dokainish
Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Circulation 109:2432-9. 2004....
- The use of transesophageal echocardiography for preload assessment in critically ill patientsC P Tousignant
Department of Anaesthesia, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronoto, Ontario, Canada
Anesth Analg 90:351-5. 2000..Few ICU patients and only those with a small EDA responded to volume administration. It was not possible to identify an overall optimal LV EDA below which most patients demonstrate volume-recruitable increases in SV...
- Comparison of a radiofrequency-based wireless pressure sensor to swan-ganz catheter and echocardiography for ambulatory assessment of pulmonary artery pressure in heart failureHugo E Verdejo
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:2375-82. 2007..Atlanta, Georgia) pulmonary artery pressure (PAP) monitoring compared with Swan-Ganz (SG) (Hospira, Inc., Lake Forest, Illinois) catheterization and echocardiography (ECHO) in ambulatory HF patients...
- Noninvasive estimation of pulmonary capillary wedge pressure from computed radiographyJ H Woodring
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Kentucky Medical Center, Lexington 40536 0084, USA
J Ky Med Assoc 98:115-20. 2000..This study was undertaken to see if computed radiography (CR) could be used to estimate pulmonary capillary wedge pressure (PCWP)...
- Pulmonary artery occlusion pressure and central venous pressure fail to predict ventricular filling volume, cardiac performance, or the response to volume infusion in normal subjectsAnand Kumar
Division of Cardiovascular Disease and Critical Care Medicine, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Crit Care Med 32:691-9. 2004..Neither central venous pressure nor pulmonary artery occlusion pressure appears to be a useful predictor of ventricular preload with respect to optimizing cardiac performance...
- Pulmonary capillary wedge pressure in mitral stenosis accurately reflects mean left atrial pressure but overestimates transmitral gradientD J Hildick-Smith
Cardiac Unit, Papworth Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Am J Cardiol 85:512-5, A11. 2000..2 to +9.8 mm Hg): wedge pressure-assessed transmitral gradient is therefore misleading, routinely overestimating stenosis severity...
- Noninvasive calibration of cardiac pressure transducers in patients with heart failure: an aid to implantable hemodynamic monitoring and therapeutic guidanceDougal McClean
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, and the Research Institute at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Card Fail 12:568-76. 2006....
- Pulmonary arterial hypertensionLewis J Rubin
University of California, San Diego, School of Medicine, 9300 Campus Point Drive, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Am Thorac Soc 3:111-5. 2006..The article reviews the classification of diseases associated with PAH, the current understanding of its pathogenesis, and the contemporary approach to therapy...
- Sympathetic stimulation using the cold pressor test increases coronary collateral flowS F de Marchi
Swiss Cardiovascular Center Bern, University Hospital, Bern, Switzerland
Swiss Med Wkly 131:351-6. 2001..The collateral-flow-increasing effect of CPT is comparable to the recruitment effect of the occlusion itself. This may reflect a coronary collateral vasodilation mediated by the sympathetic nervous system...
- Relationship of carbon dioxide tension in arterial blood to pulmonary wedge pressure in heart failureG Lorenzi-Filho
Dept of Medicine, Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur Respir J 19:37-40. 2002..These findings imply that hypocapnia in patients with chronic stable congestive heart failure is a respiratory manifestation of elevated left ventricular filling pressures...
- Evaluation of left ventricular filling pressure by transthoracic Doppler echocardiography in the intensive care unitAlain Boussuges
, CHU Sainte Marguerite, Marseille, France
Crit Care Med 30:362-7. 2002..CONCLUSION: Transmitral and pulmonary venous flow patterns measured by transthoracic Doppler echocardiography can be used to estimate the left ventricular filling pressure in critically ill patients...
- Doppler estimation of left ventricular filling pressures in patients with mitral valve diseaseAbhinav Diwan
Section of Cardiology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Circulation 111:3281-9. 2005..93, P<0.001). CONCLUSIONS: The ratio of IVRT to T(E-Ea) or to tau can be readily applied for estimating mean PCWP in patients with MVD and can track changes in PCWP after valve surgery...
- Assessment of cardiac preload and left ventricular function under increasing levels of positive end-expiratory pressureThomas Luecke
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Faculty of Clinical Medicine, University Hospital of Mannheim, Mannheim, Germany
Intensive Care Med 30:119-26. 2004..The validity of these parameters was tested by means of correlation with left ventricular end-diastolic volume (LVEDV), the true cardiac preload...
- Assessment of fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated cardiac surgical patientsC Wiesenack
University Hospital of Regensburg, Department of Anaesthesiology, Regensburg, Germany
Eur J Anaesthesiol 22:658-65. 2005....
- Tissue Doppler imaging estimation of pulmonary artery occlusion pressure in ICU patientsAlain Combes
Réanimation Médicale, Institut de Cardiologie, AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, 75013 Paris, France
Intensive Care Med 30:75-81. 2004..This study assessed whether the E/E' ratio provides an accurate estimation of pulmonary artery occlusion pressure (PAOP) in mechanically ventilated ICU patients...
- Usefulness of left ventricular stroke volume variation to assess fluid responsiveness in patients with reduced cardiac functionDaniel A Reuter
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Munich, Grosshadern University Hospital, Germany
Crit Care Med 31:1399-404. 2003....
- Echocardiographic Doppler assessment of pulmonary capillary wedge pressure in surgical patients with postoperative circulatory shock and acute lung injuryBelaid Bouhemad
Reanimation Chirurgicale Pierre Viars, Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital Pitié Salpêtrière, University of Paris VI, Paris, France
Anesthesiology 98:1091-100. 2003..The goal of this study was to assess whether echocardiography accurately estimates PCWP in critically ill patients...
- Controlled prospective randomised trial on the effects on pulmonary haemodynamics of the ambulatory long term use of nitric oxide and oxygen in patients with severe COPDK Vonbank
Vienna Medical School, Department of Internal Medicine IV, Clinical Division of Pulmonary Medicine, A-1090 Vienna, Austria
Thorax 58:289-93. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: This is the first controlled trial indicating that the "pulsed" inhalation of nitric oxide together with oxygen may be safely and effectively used for the long term treatment of severe COPD...
- Transesophageal Pulsed Doppler echocardiography of pulmonary venous flow to assess left ventricular filling pressure in ventilated patients with acute respiratory distress syndromeFrederic Vargas
Département de Réanimation Médicale, Hopital Pellegrin, Bordeaux Cedex, France
J Crit Care 19:187-97. 2004..To determine whether the systolic fraction (SF) of the pulmonary venous flow (PVF), measured by transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) could be used to estimate the pulmonary artery occlusion pressure (PAOP)...
- Pulmonary artery wedge pressure and extravascular lung water in patients with acute cardiogenic pulmonary edema requiring mechanical ventilationA J Bindels
Catharina Hospital Eindhoven, Department of Intensive Care, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 84:1158-63. 1999..The pulmonary edema, measured as EVLW index, resolves rapidly when cardiac performance improves, despite positive fluid balances and weight gain in the first 24 hours...
- Systolic pressure variation as a guide to fluid therapy in patients with sepsis-induced hypotensionB Tavernier
Department of Anesthesia 2, University Hospital, Lille, France
Anesthesiology 89:1313-21. 1998....
- Effect of bosentan upon pulmonary hypertension in chronic obstructive pulmonary diseaseGiuseppe Valerio
Ospedale Ninetto Melli, Divisione di Pneumologia, 2P Via Lecce 246, San Pietro V co Brindisi, Italy 72027
Ther Adv Respir Dis 3:15-21. 2009..Among vasoconstrictors, endothelin is claimed to be an important factor. Our aim is to assess the effect of the anti-endothelin drug Bosentan on pulmonary hemodynamics and lung function in patients affected by COPD and PH...
- Echocardiographic assessment of pulmonary artery occlusion pressure in ventilated patients: a transoesophageal studyPhilippe Vignon
Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Dupuytren Teaching Hospital, 2 Ave, Martin Luther King, 87000 Limoges, France
Crit Care 12:R18. 2008..Accordingly, we prospectively assessed the ability of transoesophageal echocardiography (TEE) Doppler to predict an invasive pulmonary artery occlusion pressure (PAOP) < or = 18 mmHg in ventilated patients...
- Central venous pressure, pulmonary capillary wedge pressure and intrathoracic blood volumes as preload indicators in cardiac surgery patientsO Godje
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Munich, Germany
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 13:533-9; discussion 539-40. 1998..Measurement of right atria, right ventricular, global end diastolic and intrathoracic blood volume index by arterial thermal dye dilution utilizing the COLD-system may represent an alternative...
- Acute effects of sildenafil on exercise pulmonary hemodynamics and capacity in patients with COPDSebastiaan Holverda
Department of Pulmonary Diseases, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, PO Box 7057, 1007 MB Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 21:558-64. 2008....
- Noninvasive assessment of hemodynamic subsets in patients with acute myocardial infarction using digital color Doppler velocity profile integration and pulmonary venous flow analysisT Hozumi
Division of Cardiology, Kobe General Hospital, Japan
Am J Cardiol 83:1027-32. 1999..Thus, ACOM and PV flow analysis by color Doppler echocardiography is useful in the noninvasive assessment of hemodynamic subsets in patients with AMI...
- Pulmonary artery catheter and fluid management in acute lung injury and the acute respiratory distress syndromeGustavo A Heresi
Department of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Clin Chest Med 27:627-35; abstract ix. 2006..In this article, we review the evidence on the use of the PAC in patients with ALI/ARDS, paying particular attention to the recently published fluid and catheter treatment trial by the ARDS Clinical Trials Network...
- Pulmonary capillary pressures during the acute respiratory distress syndromeSilvia Nunes
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Intensive Care Med 29:2174-9. 2003..The high variability in Pcap-PAOP increases the risk for underestimation of filtration pressures and consequently the risk for lung edema. Pcap can be estimated at the bedside by either the visual or mathematical methods...
- Single arterial occlusion to locate resistance in patients with pulmonary hypertensionP Fesler
Dept of Physiology, Erasme University Hospital Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Respir J 21:31-6. 2003..The occlusion technique may help to locate the predominant site of increased resistance in patients with severe pulmonary hypertension, but does not allow for a satisfactory differential diagnosis on an individual basis...
- Pulmonary capillary pressure measurement from pulmonary artery occlusion pressure decay profile analysis in sheepG E Wakerlin
Department of Anesthesia, Stanford University School of Medicine, CA 94305, USA
Anesth Analg 81:17-23. 1995..These results suggest that Ppao decay profile analysis as currently performed has limited application...
- Capillary pressure estimates from arterial and venous occlusion in intact dog lungM Corboz
Laboratoire de Physiologie Respiratoire Expérimentale, Théorique et Appliquée, Faculte de Medecine de Grenoble, Universite Joseph Fourier, La Tronche, France
Eur Respir J 8:1122-9. 1995..As the middle fractional pressure gradient is low, we conclude that pulmonary capillary pressure estimates from arterial occlusion are close to the venous occlusion estimates of capillary pressure in the intact dog lung...
- [Levosimendan-long-term inodilation in an infant with myocardial infarction]Y C Luther
, Deutsches Herzzentrum Berlin, Augustenburger Platz 1, 13353 Berlin, Germany
Z Kardiol 93:234-9. 2004..This case may suggest the use of Levosimendan as a long-term inotropic agent and pulmonary vasodilator in children with depressed cardiac function...
- [Limitations of the feasibility of right catheterization in the evaluation for cardiac transplantation]G Dreyfus
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:903-9. 1989..By using the dobutamine test we were able to reduce considerably the mortality due to pulmonary arterial hypertension and also to exclude orthotopic transplantation in some patients...
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension in previously splenectomized patients with beta-thalassemic disordersVichai Atichartakarn
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Int J Hematol 78:139-45. 2003..PHT was not due to pulmonary emboli. Our findings suggested that severe PHT was due to increased PVRI from thrombotic pulmonary arteriopathy, likely from chronic low-grade hypercoagulability and platelet activation after splenectomy...
- Pulmonary hypertension in sickle cell disease: cardiac catheterization results and survivalOswaldo Castro
Center for Sickle Cell Disease and Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Howard University College of Medicine, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Blood 101:1257-61. 2003..044, Breslow-Gehan log-rank test). Our findings suggest that PHTN in patients with SCD shortened their survival...
- Pulmonary venous flow in pure mitral stenosis and sinus rhythm--does pulmonary hypertension alter pulmonary venous flow velocity?Jong Won Ha
Cardiology Division, Yonsei Cardiovascular Hospital and Cardiovascular Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul, Korea
Echocardiography 20:129-35. 2003..There was no significant correlation between PVFAr and MVA. LA size and LAP. In conclusion, in patients with pure MS and sinus rhythm, PVF, especially PVFAr, is influenced by the presence of pulmonary hypertension...
- Continuous recording of pulmonary artery diastolic pressure and cardiac output using a novel ultrasound transducerP Anthony N Chandraratna
Division of Cardiology, Los Angeles County, California, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 15:1381-6. 2002..The CO, PADP, and pulmonary wedge pressure were recorded from the PA catheter immediately after the ultrasound studies...
- Site of coronary sinus drainage does not significantly affect coronary flow reserve in patients long term after Fontan operationA Eicken
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Congenital Heart Disease, Deutsches Herzzentrum, Technische Universitat Munchen, Lazarettstrasse 36, D 80636 Munich, Germany
Pediatr Cardiol 27:102-9. 2006..The positive correlation between CFR and pulmonary resistance demands further evaluation...
- Comparative cardiovascular, analgesic, and sedative effects of medetomidine, medetomidine-hydromorphone, and medetomidine-butorphanol in dogsWei-Chen Kuo
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
Am J Vet Res 65:931-7. 2004..CONCLUSIONS AND CLINICAL RELEVANCE: Medetomidine-hydromorphone or medetomidine-butorphanol is associated with improved analgesia and sedation but has cardiopulmonary effects comparable to those for medetomidine alone...
- Nesiritide for pulmonary arterial hypertension with decompensated cor pulmonaleMartha S Kingman
Pulmonary Hypertension Group, Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic, Cardiovascular Institute, St. Paul University Hospital, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75235, USA
Prog Cardiovasc Nurs 20:168-72. 2005..A detailed case report is presented followed by the evaluation of a series of 11 cases occurring in eight patients from December 2002 through April 2004...
- Noninvasive estimation of both systolic and diastolic pulmonary artery pressure from Doppler analysis of tricuspid regurgitant velocity spectrum in patients with chronic heart failureLuca Lanzarini
Department of Cardiology, IRCCS Policlinico S Matteo, Pavia, Italy
Am Heart J 144:1087-94. 2002..We sought to verify the accuracy of this method in a large population of patients with heart failure...
- Simplified pulmonary vasodilatory testing in the cardiac catheterization laboratory with nasal cannula nitric oxideM Scheurer
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 27:84-6. 2006..1-2.6) (p = 0.002). No adverse side effects were noted. We found this NO delivery system to be a simple and effective method of pulmonary vasodilatory testing that may have wide applicability in the cardiac catheterization laboratory...
- Mechanical ventricular support lowers pulmonary vascular resistance in a patient with congential heart diseaseJason A Petrofski
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27703, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 75:1005-7. 2003..The patient underwent placement of biventricular assist devices and subsequently experienced marked reduction of PVR, ultimately enabling successful heart transplantation...
- Current perspectives modern hemodynamic evaluation of the pulmonary circulation. Application to pulmonary arterial hypertension and embolic pulmonary hypertensionRobert Naeije
Department of Pathophysiology, Faculty of Medicine of the Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Ital Heart J 6:784-8. 2005..The optimal value of this ratio is depressed in minimally symptomatic pulmonary arterial hypertension patients, indicating pending right heart failure...
- Acute volume reduction with aortic valve replacement immediately improves ventricular mechanics in patients with aortic regurgitationShigeki Morita
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 125:283-9. 2003..Few data have been available regarding the immediate response in ventricular mechanics to acute volume reduction caused by aortic valve replacement for aortic regurgitation...
- Right heart haemodynamic values and respiratory function test parameters in chronic smokersM Gulbaran
Institute of Cardiology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
East Mediterr Health J 10:90-5. 2004..Early diagnosis and therapy of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in smokers may be possible without using invasive methods...
- Noncultured cell transplantation in an ovine model of right ventricular preparationNicolas Borenstein
IMM Recherche, Center for Experimentation and Applied Research, 42 Boulevard Jourdan, 75014 Paris, France
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 129:1119-27. 2005..The aim of this study was to explore whether myogenic cell transplantation could contribute to right ventricular function during pulmonary artery constriction in an ovine model...
- Pulmonary capillary pressure in pulmonary hypertensionRogerio Souza
Pulmonary Division, Respiratory ICU Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Crit Care 9:R132-8. 2005....
- Measurement of total pulmonary arterial compliance using invasive pressure monitoring and MR flow quantification during MR-guided cardiac catheterizationVivek Muthurangu
Cardiac MR Research Group, Division of Imaging Sciences, King's College London, UK
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 289:H1301-6. 2005..89, P < 0.001) and between compliance and mean pulmonary arterial pressure (r = 0.72, P < 0.001). We have demonstrated the feasibility of quantifying total arterial compliance using an MR method...
- Hemodynamics during humoral rejection events with total versus standard orthotopic heart transplantationIvan Aleksic
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, University Essen, Essen, Germany
Ann Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 10:285-9. 2004..Future studies must examine the potential benefits of TOHT during combined cellular and humoral rejection events...
- Reduced pulmonary clearance of endothelin in congestive heart failure: a marker of secondary pulmonary hypertensionCezar Staniloae
Department of Medicine, Montreal Heart Institute, Quebec, Canada
J Card Fail 10:427-32. 2004..This reduced clearance does not significantly modulate plasma ET-1 levels. Whether this is only a marker of secondary pulmonary hypertension or could modulate pulmonary vascular tone will require further studies...
- Intraosseous hypertonic saline solution for resuscitation of uncontrolled, exsanguinating liver injury in young SwineR M Carrera
Pediatric Surgery Division, Santa Casa São Paulo, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur Surg Res 36:282-92. 2004..It was concluded that the hypertonic saline solution in this experimental model did not promote hemodynamic improvement and there were no differences between the two sites of fluid resuscitation regarding intra-abdominal blood loss...
- Human B-natriuretic peptide improves hemodynamics and renal function in heart transplant patients immediately after surgeryDavid S Feldman
Division of Cardiology (Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
J Card Fail 10:292-6. 2004..This study demonstrates that posttransplant patients retain the capacity to respond to exogenous BNP immediately after surgery...
- Pulmonary hypertension as a risk factor for death in patients with sickle cell diseaseElizabeth S Klings
N Engl J Med 350:2521-2; author reply 2521-2. 2004
- Effects of norepinephrine and dobutamine on pressure load-induced right ventricular failureFrancois Kerbaul
Laboratory of Physiology, Free University of Brussels, Belgium
Crit Care Med 32:1035-40. 2004..A transient increase in pulmonary arterial (PA) pressure can persistently depress right ventricular (RV) contractility. We investigated the effects norepinephrine and dobutamine on RV-PA coupling in this model of RV failure...
- Regression of postobstructive vasculopathy after revascularization of chronically obstructed pulmonary arteryElie Fadel
Laboratoire de Chirurgie Experimentale, Hopital Marie Lannelongue, Universite Paris Sud, France
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 127:1009-17. 2004..We hypothesized that postobstructive pulmonary vasculopathy may regress after reperfusion in a piglet model of chronic (5 weeks) left pulmonary artery obstruction...
- Inhaled iloprost is a potent acute pulmonary vasodilator in HIV-related severe pulmonary hypertensionH A Ghofrani
Dept of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Eur Respir J 23:321-6. 2004..Future studies are warranted to confirm the encouraging long-term beneficial results observed in the present limited number of patients...
- Hemodynamic effects of inhaled nitric oxide and phosphodiesterase inhibitor (dipyridamole) on secondary pulmonary hypertension following heart valve surgery in adultsFrancesco Santini
Division of Cardiac Surgery and Anesthesiology, University of Verona, OCM Borgo Trento, Piazzale Stefani 1, 37126, Verona, Italy
Int J Cardiol 103:156-63. 2005....
- Effects of intravenous nesiritide on pulmonary vascular hemodynamics in pulmonary hypertensionAndrew D Michaels
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco Medical Center, 94143, USA
J Card Fail 11:425-31. 2005..The lack of acute beneficial effects of nesiritide in patients with advanced precapillary PH may be related to their relatively fixed remodeling of the pulmonary vasculature...
- [The value of recording the pulmonary insufficiency flow by continuous Doppler for the evaluation of systolic pulmonary artery pressure]H Raffoul
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 83:1703-9. 1990..The calculation by the two methods using tricuspid and pulmonary regurgitant jets increases the reliability of the results and provides a means of internal validation of the Doppler technique...
- Functional changes of the heart and lung in perioperative period of orthotopic liver transplantationShu Sen Zheng
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310003, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 1:335-9. 2002..To investigate the variation of functions of the heart and lung during orthotopic liver transplantation (OLT)...
- The pathogenesis of pulmonary hypertension in haemodialysis patients via arterio-venous accessFarid Nakhoul
Department of Nephrology, Rambam Medical Center, Haifa 31096, Israel
Nephrol Dial Transplant 20:1686-92. 2005..This study evaluated the possibility that PHT in these patients is triggered or aggravated by chronic HD via surgical A-V access, and the role of endothelin-1 (ET-1) and nitric oxide (NO) in this syndrome...
- Nesiritide acutely increases pulmonary and systemic levels of nitric oxide in patients with pulmonary hypertensionKiran K Khush
Division of Cardiology, University of California at San Francisco Medical Center, San Francisco, California, USA
J Card Fail 12:507-13. 2006..020). CONCLUSION: In PH patients, nesiritide infusion significantly increases NOx levels, suggesting a novel mechanism for its vasodilatory effects. These responses may differ between pre- and postcapillary PH patients...
- Epoprostenol-induced pulmonary vasodilatation in patients with pulmonary hypertension measured by electrical impedance tomographyH J Smit
Department of Pulmonary Medicine, Vrije Universiteit Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Physiol Meas 23:237-43. 2002..From these results we conclude that EIT is a reliable method to measure blood volume changes due to pharmacologically induced vasodilatation in the pulmonary bed...
- Reversal of pulmonary hypertension and subsequent repair of atrial septal defect after treatment with continuous intravenous epoprostenolAdaani E Frost
Baylor College of Medicine, The Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Heart Lung Transplant 24:501-3. 2005..Judicious use of continuous prostacyclin in apparently inoperable patients with congenital heart disease may be associated with significant reversal of pulmonary hypertension, and conversion to an operable state...
- [Pulmonary hypertension in pediatric heart surgery]N Falcone
, , Hospital 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Rev Esp Anestesiol Reanim 48:462-4. 2001....
- Estimation of mean pulmonary artery pressure: simpler than expectedDenis Chemla
Chest 133:592-3. 2008
- Modification of the arterial anastomotic technique improves survival in porcine single lung transplant modelC Van De Wauwer
Laboratory for Experimental Thoracic Surgery, KU Leuven, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 106:450-7. 2006..The use of a patch technique improved the compliance of the arterial anastomosis and decreased early mortality. This transplant model is currently used in our laboratory to assess new methods for pulmonary preservation...
- Assessment of pulmonary vascular resistance by Doppler echocardiography in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertensionNedim Selimovic
Department of Cardiology, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
J Heart Lung Transplant 26:927-34. 2007..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether Doppler echocardiography can be used to determine PVR in patients with PAH...
- Clinical utility of echocardiography for the diagnosis and management of pulmonary vascular disease in young children with chronic lung diseasePeter M Mourani
Division of Critical Care, Children s Hospital and University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 80045, USA
Pediatrics 121:317-25. 2008..The goal was to determine the clinical utility of Doppler echocardiography in predicting the presence and severity of pulmonary hypertension in patients with chronic lung disease who subsequently underwent cardiac catheterization...
- Long-term hemodynamic benefit of biventricular pacing depending on coronary sinus lead positionH Nägele
Gustav Adolf Stift, 21465 Reinbek, Germany
Herzschrittmacherther Elektrophysiol 17:185-90. 2006..Acute studies in cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT) showed that hemodynamic effects may depend on the coronary sinus (CS) lead position. However, there are no data on the longterm effect of CS lead position...
- Ultrasonic versus jet nebulization of iloprost in severe pulmonary hypertensionT Gessler
Dept of Internal Medicine, Justus-Liebig-University of Giessen, Germany
Eur Respir J 17:14-9. 2001....
- Cardiovascular effects of romifidine in dogsB H Pypendop
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of Liege, Belgium
Am J Vet Res 62:490-5. 2001....
- Thoracic epidural anesthesia impairs the hemodynamic response to acute pulmonary hypertension by deteriorating right ventricular-pulmonary arterial couplingSteffen Rex
Laboratory for Experimental Anesthesiology, Department of Acute Medical Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Crit Care Med 35:222-9. 2007..In the present study, we tested the hypothesis that thoracic epidural anesthesia decreases right ventricular contractility and limits its capacity to tolerate pulmonary hypertension...
- Chronic sildenafil lowers transpulmonary gradient and improves cardiac output allowing successful heart transplantationAndrew Jabbour
Heart Transplant Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Eur J Heart Fail 9:674-7. 2007..This study aimed to assess the effects of chronic sildenafil administration on the PVR, transpulmonary gradient (TPG), and cardiac output (CO) in patients with heart failure awaiting heart transplantation...
- Right ventricular failure in patients with preserved ejection fraction and diastolic dysfunction: an underrecognized clinical entityRamzan M Zakir
Department of Medicine, Hackensack University Medical Center, Affiliate of University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, Hackensack, NJ, USA
Congest Heart Fail 13:164-9. 2007..The authors review the pathophysiology, clinical presentation, and suggested treatment of this underrecognized clinical entity...
- Inheritance of pulmonary arterial pressure in Angus cattle and its correlation with growthK L Shirley
Department of Animal Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins 80523, USA
J Anim Sci 86:815-9. 2008..Selection for growth at low altitude will produce cattle less suited to high altitude...
- Selective pulmonary vasodilation with inhaled aerosolized milrinone in heart transplant candidatesArmin Sablotzki
Clinic of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, Martin Luther University of Halle Wittenberg, Halle, Germany
Can J Anaesth 52:1076-82. 2005..A pilot study was under-taken to test the hypothesis that inhaled aerosolized milrinone may cause selective pulmonary vasodilation...
- Renal anemia and its hemodynamic response--findings invasively determined over a period of 20 yearsG E Schäfer
Medical Hospital III, Clinic Offenbach am Main, Germany
Clin Nephrol 58:S52-7. 2002..The hypercirculation did not cause an increase of the pulmonary arterial and pulmonary wedge pressure. Particularly in the case of already existing myocardial damage and coronary arteriosclerosis the ..
- Pulmonary circulatory effects of norepinephrine in newborn infants with persistent pulmonary hypertensionPierre Tourneux
Clinique de Médecine Néonatale, Hopital Jeanne de Flandre, CHRU de Lille, Lille, France
J Pediatr 153:345-9. 2008..To evaluate the respiratory and the pulmonary circulatory effects of norepinephrine in newborn infants with persistent pulmonary hypertension (PPHN)-induced cardiac dysfunction...
- Pulmonary vascular changes induced by unilateral pulmonary venous obstructionM Endo
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Tohoku University School of Medicine, 1-1 Seiryo-machi, Aoba-ku, Sendai 980-8574, Japan
Pediatr Cardiol 23:420-5. 2002..49, p=0.04). This finding suggests that the pathogenesis of PAWP-related medial thickening of the bilateral lung pulmonary artery begins with the sensing by the bilateral lung of PV pressure buildup in the unilateral lung...
- Efficacy of nitroglycerin inhalation in reducing pulmonary arterial hypertension in children with congenital heart diseaseP Goyal
Department of Cardiac Anaesthesiology, Cardio Thoracic Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi 110029, India
Br J Anaesth 97:208-14. 2006..We investigated the acute effects of inhaled nitroglycerin on pulmonary and systemic haemodynamics in children with PAH associated with congenital heart disease...
- Tissue Doppler assessment of longitudinal right and left ventricular strain and strain rate in pulmonary artery hypertensionSanjay Rajdev
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, 35249, USA
Echocardiography 23:872-9. 2006..This reduction in left ventricular function was noted in patients with both normal and reduced right ventricular systolic functions by two-dimensional echocardiography...
- Oral sildenafil is an effective and specific pulmonary vasodilator in patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension: comparison with inhaled nitric oxideEvangelos Michelakis
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Circulation 105:2398-403. 2002..We hypothesized that oral sildenafil, a phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitor, is a safe and effective alternative to iNO...
- Estimation of pulmonary vascular resistance with Doppler diastolic gradientsMehnaz Atiq
Department of Pediatrics Cardiology, The Aga Khan University Hospital, PO Box 3500, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 16:221-5. 2008....
- Transpulmonary pressure gradient verifies pulmonary hypertension is initiated by increased arterial resistance in broilersA G Lorenzoni
Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
Poult Sci 87:125-32. 2008....
- Central venous blood oxygen saturation monitoring in patients with chronic pulmonary arterial hypertension treated with continuous IV epoprostenol: correlation with measurements of hemodynamics and plasma brain natriuretic peptide levelsKelly M Chin
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Pulmonary Hypertension Program, 5909 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75235 9254, USA
Chest 132:786-92. 2007....
- Noninvasive assessment of pulmonary vascular resistance using Doppler tissue imaging of the tricuspid annulusSwaminatha V Gurudevan
Division of Cardiology, University of California Irvine School of Medicine, Irvine, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:1167-71. 2007..We undertook this study to determine whether Doppler tissue imaging of the tricuspid annulus could be used to assess PAP and PVR noninvasively...
- Effects of acute changes in pulmonary wedge pressure on periodic breathing at rest in heart failure patientsThomas P Olson
Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am Heart J 153:104.e1-7. 2007..Although the mechanism(s) contributing to PB remain unclear, we examined whether changes in pulmonary wedge pressure (PWP) and pulmonary vascular resistance (PVR) alter PB in patients with established HF.
- [Mid-term outcome of acute right ventricular dysfunction in biventricular myocardial infarction. Hemodynamic and cineangiographic studies]C Descaves
Service de cardiologie A, , Rennes
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:1268-77. 1987..e. RV end-diastolic pressure/RV systolic pressure ratio (p less than 0.001) and right atrial pressure/pulmonary wedge pressure ratio (p less than 0...
- A comparison of the hemodynamic and metabolic effects of extraperitoneal carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide insufflationF Aksoy
Department of General Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Selcuk, Akyokus, Konya, Turkey
Am J Surg 182:486-90. 2001..The aim of the present study was to compare the hemodynamic and metabolic effects of extraperitoneal carbon dioxide (CO(2)) and nitrous oxide (N(2)O) insufflation...
- Beta-blocker therapy influences the hemodynamic response to inotropic agents in patients with heart failure: a randomized comparison of dobutamine and enoximone before and after chronic treatment with metoprolol or carvedilolMarco Metra
Cattedra di Cardiologia, Universita di Brescia, Brescia, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:1248-58. 2002..We compared the hemodynamic effects of dobutamine and enoximone administration before and after long-term beta-blocker therapy with metoprolol or carvedilol in patients with chronic heart failure (HF)...
- When the heart kills the liver: acute liver failure in congestive heart failureF H Saner
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University Hospital Essen, Germany
Eur J Med Res 14:541-6. 2009..1 L/min/m(2) vs. 1.6 L/min/m(2), p=0.04). Central venous - and pulmonary wedge pressure did not differ significantly...
- Experimental and clinical pharmacology of carvedilol and other drugs combining vasodilation and beta-adrenoceptor antagonism in a single moleculeK Strein
Pharmacological Laboratories, Boehringer Mannheim GmbH, FRG
Z Kardiol 79:89-98. 1990..failure led to a rise in cardiac output and in ejection fraction and to a reduction of the heart rate and pulmonary wedge pressure. An improvement of left-ventricular function was also obtained on administration of carvedilol in ..
- [Pulmonary arterial hypertension. Part I: pathobiologic, pathophysiologic, clinical and diagnostic aspects]Massimiliano Palazzini
Centro di Diagnosi e Terapia dell Ipertensione Polmonare, Istituto di Cardiologia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, Bologna
G Ital Cardiol (Rome) 10:271-300. 2009..A concomitant increase of pulmonary wedge pressure >15 mmHg may be present (post-capillary pulmonary hypertension) or not (precapillary pulmonary ..
- HIGH RESOLUTION ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY SYSTEMMichael Zile; Fiscal Year: 2001..This will foster interdisciplinary investigation, support NIH-funded investigators and trainees, and enhance the competitiveness of MUSC investigators. ..
- Human Cardiorenal SyndromeHorng Chen; Fiscal Year: 2009..This research should aid in addressing this health challenge. ..
- Human Cardiorenal SyndromeHorng H Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research should aid in addressing this health challenge. ..
- Autologous Cellular Therapy for Ventricular DysfunctionRobert Kormos; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Novel Strategies Targeting Acute Exacerbation of COPDRichard Albert; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will, at the same time, also provide information regarding the pathobiology of COPD exacerbations. ..
- Red Blood Cells, Nitric Oxide and Pulmonary CirculationSteven Deem; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Pathogenetic Mechanisms of Brochopulmonary DysplasiaPETER MOURANI; Fiscal Year: 2007..D. in the University of Colorado's Clinical Science Program. In addition, he will actively participate and train in the Pediatric GCRC, and frequently interact with his sponsor, mentors, and collaborators. ..
- EFFECTS OF STATINS ON PULMONARY HYPERTENSIONReda Girgis; Fiscal Year: 2007..This award will allow the candidate to develop into a well-trained independent researcher in PH. ..
- UCLA IPF Clinical Research NetworkDavid Zisman; Fiscal Year: 2007..Secondary efficacy endpoints include gas exchange and quality of life (QOL). We anticipate an improvement in 6MWD in patients who receive sildenafil compared to those who receive placebo. (End of Abstract) ..
- Role of VEGF in Neonatal Pulmonary HypertensionTheresa Grover; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide an integrated approach to the hypothesis, incorporating whole animal physiology coupled with molecular and cellular studies. ..
- Il-6 type cytokine protection from hyperoxic lung injuryAaron Waxman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing: Pulmonary HypertensionRonald Oudiz; Fiscal Year: 2007.._l.Center. PHS 398/2590(Rev.05/01) Page _, LJ ContinuationFormatPage NumberpagesconsecutivelyatthebottomthroughoutheapplicationD. o no_u_stesuffixesuchas3a, 3b. ..
- Attenuating Inflammation via Protein-Calorie RestrictionTodd Rice; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Natriuretic Peptides in Pulmonary Endothelial Cell Barrier FunctionJames Klinger; Fiscal Year: 2009..Findings from these studies will further our understanding of cellular mechanism that modulate pulmonary edema formation and determine if the NPs and their receptors are potential therapeutic targets for acute lung injury. ..
- Natriuretic Peptides in Pulmonary Endothelial Cell Barrier FunctionJAMES RAYMOND KLINGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Findings from these studies will further our understanding of cellular mechanism that modulate pulmonary edema formation and determine if the NPs and their receptors are potential therapeutic targets for acute lung injury. ..
- Exhaled Nitric Oxide and Oxidative Stress in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertention AssoReda E Girgis; Fiscal Year: 2010..This study aims to develop and validate novel, easily-obtained biomarkers in exhaled breath and urine that may ultimately improve clinical management of these patients and allow early detection of disease. (End of Abstract) ..
- Research Priorities in Ambulatory Management of Obstructive Sleep Apnea WorkshopSAMUEL KUNA; Fiscal Year: 2007..We submit that this workshop is an essential ?next step? to ensuring that there is substantive advancement of scientific knowledge in this important field. ..
- COPD Clinical Research Network & Clinical Research Skills Core DevelopmentGerard Criner; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development AwardRuey Kang Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006..The principal investigator will take advanced courses to enhance knowledge and skills needed for patient-oriented research and work with the mentors to conduct the proposed project during the award period. ..
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing: Pulmonary HypertensionRonald Oudiz; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- RESPIRATORY RELATED MOTOR OUTPUT TO UPPER AIRWAY MUSLCESSAMUEL KUNA; Fiscal Year: 1999..This close correlation in responses will allow an exploration in animal experiments of the possible mechanisms underlying observations made in humans. ..
- PHARYNGEAL AIRWAY FUNCTIONSAMUEL KUNA; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- RESPIRATORY RELATED MOTOR OUTPUT TO UPPER AIRWAY MUSLCESSAMUEL KUNA; Fiscal Year: 2003..This work is an expansion of work conducted to date by the PI, who has recently relocated to the University of Pennsylvania. ..
- Post Traumatic Nonconvulsive Epileptiform ActivityPaul Vespa; Fiscal Year: 2005..The hypothesis and unique approach come at a crucial time of failed clinical trials and address an important new therapeutic target. ..
- ARGININE THERAPY IN SICKLE CELL DISEASECLAUDIA MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ACTION-A CHF TRIAL INVESTIGATING OUTCOMES OF EXERCISEWilliam Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2005..The trial will take place over 5 years with an initial 6 months for planning, training, and implementation; 3 years of enrollment; 1 year of follow-up; and 6 months for close out, analysis, and presentation. ..
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing: Pulmonary HypertensionRonald Oudiz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF VENTRICULAR ELECTRICAL REMODELINGPhilip Adamson; Fiscal Year: 2003..These clinically applicable interventions may modify the natural history of diseases, such as heart failure, characterized by ventricular electrical remodeling leading to a high risk for lethal arrhythmias. ..
- Comparative Efficacy, Acceptance and Effectiveness of Health Incentive StructuresSCOTT DAVID HALPERN; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work will both clarify mechanisms by which incentives alter behaviors, and will identify better ways to reduce smoking and other important causes of preventable death. ..