Genomes and Genes
Summary: Observable or measurable characteristics of the BLOOD CIRCULATION.
Publications137 found, 100 shown here
- Reduction of infarct size and preservation of endothelial function by multidose intravenous adenosine during extended reperfusionJason M Budde
Cardiothoracic Surgery Laboratory, The Carlyle Fraser Heart Center Crawford Long Hospital, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30365 2225, USA
J Surg Res 116:104-15. 2004..A slow wave of PMN accumulation at late R may be involved in the extension of infarction and endothelial dysfunction...
- Inhibition of c-Jun N-terminal kinase decreases cardiomyocyte apoptosis and infarct size after myocardial ischemia and reperfusion in anaesthetized ratsChiara Ferrandi
Istituto di Ricerche Biomediche A Marxer, LCG RBM Serono Discovery, I 10010 Colleretto Giacosa, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 142:953-60. 2004..5 These results demonstrate that blocking the JNK pathway may represent a novel therapeutic approach for treating myocardial ischemia/reperfusion-induced cardiomyocyte death...
- Renal hemodynamic and tubular responses to salt in women using oral contraceptivesAntoinette Pechere-Bertschi
Policlinique of Medicine and Division of Endocrinology, Reproduction and Chemical Laboratories University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Kidney Int 64:1374-80. 2003..The purpose of the present study was to assess prospectively the systemic and renal hemodynamic and tubular responses to salt in women taking oral contraceptives...
- Haemodynamic and pulse wave responses to intravenous infusions of angiotensin II during chronic telmisartan therapy in normal volunteersNoreen M Vingerhoedt
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, St George Hospital, Kogarah, 2217, Australia
J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst 4:244-8. 2003....
- Effects of tilting on central hemodynamics and homeostatic mechanisms in cirrhosisSøren Møller
Department of Clinical Physiology, H S Hvidovre Hospital, Hvidovre, Denmark
Hepatology 40:811-9. 2004..Head-up tilting decreases the CBV less in patients with cirrhosis, and the results suggest a differential regulation of central hemodynamics in patients with cirrhosis...
- Inhibition and reversal of myocardial infarction-induced hypertrophy and heart failure by NHE-1 inhibitionLing Chen
Dept of Physiology and Pharmacology, Univ of Western Ontario, Medical Sciences Bldg, London, ON, Canada N6A 5C1
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H381-7. 2004..The effect is independent of infarct size or afterload reduction, indicating a direct effect on the myocardium...
- Alterations of beta-adrenoceptor responsiveness in postischemic myocardium after 72 h of reperfusionMatthieu Boucher
Departement de Pharmacologie, Groupe de Recherche sur le Systeme Nerveux Autonome, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, and Centre de Biomédecine, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, 5400 Boul Gouin Ouest, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4J 1C5
Eur J Pharmacol 495:185-91. 2004..However, the density of the beta-adrenoceptor in the viable ischemic regions can be modified by the presence of GRK2 and tissue catecholamines, an index of regional sympathetic efferent postganglionic nerve terminal activity...
- Effects of angiotensin II receptor antagonism on the renal hemodynamic response to cardiovascular stressHelga Frank
Medical Clinic IV, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Kidney Int 63:617-23. 2003....
- Effects of meluadrine tartrate on maternal metabolic responses and fetal hemodynamics in pregnant goatsYoshio Matsuda
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Pharmacol 90:114-20. 2002..The present study suggests that meluadrine tartrate has a mild influence relative to the effects of ritodrine to the maternal metabolic responses and fetal cardiovascular function...
- Endothelin-1 receptor blockade prevents renal injury in experimental hypercholesterolemiaAlejandro R Chade
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hypertension, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Kidney Int 64:962-9. 2003..However, the involvement of endothelin (ET) in this disease process is yet unknown...
- Quinaprilat reduces myocardial infarct size involving nitric oxide production and mitochondrial KATP channel in rabbitsXuehai Chen
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 41:938-45. 2003..Quinaprilat reduces myocardial infarct size involving NO production and mitochondrial KATP channels in rabbits without collateral circulation...
- Systemic, renal, and hepatic hemodynamic derangement in cirrhotic patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitisLuis Ruiz-del-Arbol
Liver Hemodynamic Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, University of Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Hepatology 38:1210-8. 2003..This occurs despite rapid resolution of infection and is associated with an extremely poor prognosis...
- Significance of total vascular exclusion for hepatic cryotherapy: an experimental studyW Jungraithmayr
Department of General Surgery, University of Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
J Surg Res 116:32-41. 2004..In this study, the effect of TVE on cryosurgical ablation of liver tissue close to the retrohepatic vena cava was investigated with regard to the extent of the cryolesion and complications arising from necrosis of the caval wall...
- Enhancement of myocardial vulnerability by atrial fibrillationJohn C Somberg
Department of Medicine and Pharmacology, Rush University and American Institute of Therapeutics, 21 N Skokie Valley Highway, Suite G 3, Lake Bluff, IL 60044, USA
Am J Ther 11:33-43. 2004..The association of AF with a higher incidence of sudden death may be due to an enhanced electrical instability...
- Cardioprotection by Carvedilol: antiapoptosis is independent of beta-adrenoceptor blockage in the rat heartErnst R Schwarz
Department of Cardiology, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Germany
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol Ther 8:207-15. 2003..In addition to its beta-adrenergic receptor blockage, antiapoptotic effects have been demonstrated in experimental animals...
- Effects of nifedipine-induced pulmonary vasodilatation on cardiac receptors and protein kinase C isoforms in the chronically hypoxic ratOlivier Eric Morel
Laboratoire Réponses Cellulaires et Fonctionnelles à l Hypoxie, EA 2363, Association pour la Recherche en Physiologie de l Environnement, UFR SMBH Université Paris 13, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, 93017 Bobigny, France
Pflugers Arch 446:356-64. 2003..However, the development and regression of pulmonary hypertension and RVH were related to the expression of some PKC isoforms suggesting that pathways other than alpha(1)-AR might be involved in hypoxia-induced ventricular hypertrophy...
- Improved coronary vascular function evoked by high-intensity treadmill training is maintained in arteries exposed to ischemia and reperfusionJ David Symons
University of Utah, College of Health, 250 S 1850 E Rm 241, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:1638-47. 2003..These findings suggest that Etr-evoked improvements in coronary function are maintained in small arteries even when exposed to ischemia and reperfusion...
- Importance of hemodynamics management in patients with severe head injury and during hypothermiaK Kinoshita
Department of Critical Care and Emergency Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Acta Neurochir Suppl 86:373-6. 2003..To evaluate the hemodynamics in patients with traumatic brain injury (TBI) during therapeutic hypothermia...
- [Cardiovascular effects of human atrial natriuretic peptide during renal transplantation]Takashi Terada
First Department of Anesthesiology, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo 143 8541
Masui 54:144-8. 2005..We evaluated the cardiovascular effects of human atrial natriuretic peptide (hANP) in the recipients of renal transplantation...
- Does coronary artery stenting for acute myocardial infarction improve left ventricular overloading at the chronic stage?Toru Nakayama
Department of Internal Medicine, Kochi Red Cross Hospital, University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
Jpn Heart J 45:217-29. 2004..These results suggest that cardiac overloading and left ventricular remodeling are decreased more by stenting than by POBA alone, probably because stenting prevents decreased myocardial blood flow around the infarct myocardium...
- Statin therapy restores sympathovagal balance in experimental heart failureRainer U Pliquett
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 4575, USA
J Appl Physiol 95:700-4. 2003..SIM beneficially affects autonomic tone in CHF as seen by the reversal of depressed HRV and total power of PSA. These data have important implications for the treatment of patients with autonomic imbalance...
- Loratidine improves ischemic parameters of exercise stress test in patients with acute myocardial infarctionOkan Erdogan
Department of Cardiology, School of Medicine, Trakya University, Edirne, Turkey
Am Heart J 148:e24. 2004....
- Synthesis and structure-activity relationships of a novel series of 2,3,5,6,7,9-hexahydrothieno[3,2-b]quinolin-8(4H)-one 1,1-dioxide K(ATP) channel openers: discovery of (-)-(9S)-9-(3-bromo-4-fluorophenyl)-2,3,5,6,7,9- hexahydrothieno[3,2-b]quinolin-8(4H)William A Carroll
Abbott Laboratories, Neuroscience Research, Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6101, USA
J Med Chem 47:3163-79. 2004..Compound 14 showed approximately 5-fold greater selectivity than 1 in vivo and supports the concept that bladder-selective K(ATP) channel openers may have utility in the treatment of overactive bladder...
- Efficacy of continuous infusion of prostaglandin E1 through the superior mesenteric artery against ischemic liver cell necrosis after hepatic artery occlusionTakeshi Kato
Department of Surgery, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Transplantation 76:1340-5. 2003..To minimize a decrease in oxygen delivery after HAO, a continuous infusion of prostaglandin (PG)E1 through the superior mesenteric artery (SMA) was studied in comparison with other infusion routes...
- Intestinal injury after thoracic aortic cross-clamping in the pigIngebjørg S Juel
Department of Surgery, St Olav University Hospital, N 7006 Trondheim, Norway
J Surg Res 117:283-95. 2004..The purpose of this study was to provide a detailed morphological evaluation of intestinal surface epithelium after aortic cross-clamping...
- Lavage administration of dilute surfactant in a piglet model of meconium aspirationJoan Meister
Clinical Research Center and Department of Pediatrics, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii and Kapiolani Medical Center for Women and Children, Honolulu, Hawaii 96826, USA
Lung 182:227-40. 2004..We conclude that better surfactant distribution achieved by lavage administration can be more effective than bolus administration in this type of non-homogeneous lung injury...
- Intra-portal injection of 400- microm microcapsules in a large-animal modelChristian Toso
Division d Investigations Chirurgicales, Clinique de Chirurgie Digestive et Unité de Transplantation, Hopital Universitaire, 24 Rue Micheli du Crest, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Transpl Int 16:405-10. 2003..Hemodynamic, biological and radiological results are similar to those observed in clinical free-islet transplantation...
- Coronary effects of vasopressin during partial ischemia and reperfusion in anesthetized goats. Role of nitric oxide and prostanoidsMaría Angeles Martínez
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma, Arzobispo Morcillo, 2, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 473:55-63. 2003....
- IABP assistance: a test bench for the analysis of its effects on ventricular energetics and hemodynamicsG Ferrari
CNR ITBM, Department of Cardiovascular Engineering, Via G B Morgagni, 30 e 00161 Roma, Italy
Int J Artif Organs 24:274-80. 2001..implicit reliability and reproducibility of the experiments, provided that they are able to reproduce both hemodynamic phenomena and energetic relationships...
- The salt paradox of the early diabetic kidney is independent of renal innervationC Birk
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Kidney Blood Press Res 26:344-50. 2003..In addition, evidence is provided that the renal nerves of non-diabetic rats do not contribute to renal Na(+) retention during dietary NaCl restriction but modulate renal hemodynamics and kidney weight under these conditions...
- Analysis of pulmonary heme oxygenase-1 and nitric oxide synthase alterations in experimental hepatopulmonary syndromeJunlan Zhang
Department of Internal Medicine, Liver Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1918 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294 0005, USA
Gastroenterology 125:1441-51. 2003..Our aim was to explore the role of the heme oxygenase-1/carbon monoxide pathway in the pathogenesis of experimental hepatopulmonary syndrome...
- Effects of dexmedetomidine on mortality rate and inflammatory responses to endotoxin-induced shock in ratsTakumi Taniguchi
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan
Crit Care Med 32:1322-6. 2004..The aim of this study was to document the effects of a new sedative agent, dexmedetomidine, on the mortality rate and inflammatory responses to endotoxin-induced shock in rats...
- Wall shear stresses in small and large two-way bypass graftsAike Qiao
Beijing University of Technology, Biomedical Engineering Centre, 100 Pingleyuan, Beijing 100022, PR China
Med Eng Phys 28:251-8. 2006..The large model exhibits better and more regular hemodynamic phenomena and may be effective in decreasing the probability of the initiation and development of postoperative ..
- Protective role of gap junctions in preconditioning against myocardial infarctionTetsuji Miura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, South 1 West 16, Chuo Ku, Sapporo 060 8543, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H214-21. 2004..These results suggest that PC-induced reduction of GJ permeability during ischemia, presumably by PKC-mediated Cx43 phosphorylation, contributes to infarct size limitation...
- Effect of different levels of pressure support and proportional assist ventilation on breathing pattern, work of breathing and gas exchange in mechanically ventilated hypercapnic COPD patients with acute respiratory failureF Passam
Pulmonary Department, University Hospital of Heraklion, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Respiration 70:355-61. 2003....
- The effects of deer antler velvet extract or powder supplementation on aerobic power, erythropoiesis, and muscular strength and endurance characteristicsGordon Sleivert
Faculty of Kinesiology, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada E3B 5A3
Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab 13:251-65. 2003....
- Intravenous atenolol and esmolol maintain the protective effect of ischemic preconditioning in vivoEfstathios K Iliodromitis
2nd Department of Cardiology, FESC, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center, 356 Syngrou Ave, 176 74 Athens, Greece
Eur J Pharmacol 499:163-9. 2004..3+/-2.5% (P<0.01). Intravenous atenolol and esmolol, independent of timing and mode of administration, does not seem to interfere with protection afforded by ischemic preconditioning in vivo...
- [Ectopic pregnancy: criteria to decide between medical and conservative surgical treatment?]M Canis
Service de gynécologie obstétrique et médecine de la reproduction, CHU Polyclinique, Boulevard Leon Malfreyt, 63000 Clermont Ferrand
J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris) 32:S54-63. 2003..To search for criteria which should be used to decide between medical treatment and conservative laparoscopic treatment of ectopic pregnancy...
- [Anesthetic management by total intravenous anesthesia with propofol, pentazocine and ketamine]Akihiko Nonaka
Department of Anesthesia, Yamanashi Prefectural Central Hospital, Yamanashi 400 0027
Masui 54:133-7. 2005..The authors evaluated the efficacy of anesthetic management by total intravenous anesthesia with propofol, pentazocine and ketamine...
- Direct and series transmission of left atrial pressure perturbations to the pulmonary artery: a study using wave-intensity analysisEllen H Hollander
Department of Medicine, 3330 Hospital Dr NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H267-75. 2004..Pressure waves from the LA arrive in the PA by two distinct routes: rapidly and directly through the heart and delayed and in-series through the pulmonary vasculature...
- Effect of beta-blockers on insulin resistance in patients with dilated cardiomyopathyYuji Hara
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Japan
Circ J 67:701-4. 2003..The mechanism of the change in insulin function remains unclear, but may be related to improvements in left ventricular function or an attenuation of the inhibitory effect of reduction in TNF-alpha on insulin signaling...
- Intracoronary beta2 receptor activation induces dynamic local t-PA release in the pigBarbro Osterlund
Dept of Cardiothoracic Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care, Heart Centre, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 90:796-802. 2003..To conclude, a fast beta2 agonist-mediated local release of t-PA into the coronary vasculature was demonstrated. For total t-PA, this response was characterised by a biphasic release profile...
- Blood coagulation and fibrinolysis before and after exhaustive exercise in patients with IDDMThomas Hilberg
Department of Sports Medicine, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Wöllnitzerstr 42, D 07749 Jena, Germany
Thromb Haemost 90:1065-73. 2003..Nevertheless a higher thrombotic risk after maximal exercise has not been investigated in young IDDM patients without complications and in good metabolic control...
- Mesenteric vasoconstriction triggers nitric oxide overproduction in the superior mesenteric artery of portal hypertensive ratsMing Hung Tsai
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Veterans Administration Medical Center, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Gastroenterology 125:1452-61. 2003..We tested the hypothesis that this early vasoconstriction of the SMA may initiate eNOS up-regulation in PVL...
- Effect of beta-blocker therapy in elderly patients with dilated cardiomyopathyYuji Hara
The Second Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Japan
Circ J 67:826-9. 2003..In conclusion, beta-blocker therapy is well-tolerated and has similar effects on cardiac function in older and younger patients with DCM...
- [The regulating mechanisms of retinal and choroidal circulation]Monika Modrzejewska
Klinika Okulistyki Pomorskiego Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Szczecinie
Klin Oczna 114:131-4. 2012..In the review influence of myogenic and neurogenic mechanisms on blood flow in eyeball was described. Moreover, the part of vessels coarcting and dilating substances in these hemodynamic phenomena has been included.
- Effects of intermittent theta burst stimulation on cerebral blood flow and cerebral vasomotor reactivityFloriana Pichiorri
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, Sapienza University, Viale dell Universita 30, 00185 Rome, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 31:1159-67. 2012..The middle cerebral artery flow velocity and vasomotor reactivity were monitored by continuous transcranial Doppler sonography. Changes in cortical excitability were tested by transcranial magnetic stimulation...
- Antidiabetic drug miglitol inhibits myocardial apoptosis involving decreased hydroxyl radical production and Bax expression in an ischaemia/reperfusion rabbit heartNingyuan Wang
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Gifu University School of Medicine, 40 Tsukasa Machi, Gifu 500, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 142:983-90. 2004..4 These data suggest that miglitol reduces myocardial apoptosis by attenuating production of hydroxyl radicals and suppressing the upregulation of the expression of Bax protein...
- [Diagnosis and treatment of haemodynamically significant fetal tachycardia--in 33 cases]Barbara Pete
Semmelweis Egyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, I Szülészeti és Nogyógyászati Klinika, Budapest
Orv Hetil 145:2611-7. 2004..Fetal tachycardia may lead to an increased pre- and postnatal morbidity and mortality rate particularly if it is complicated by cardial decompensation and hydrops fetalis...
- Hemodynamic computation using multiphase flow dynamics in a right coronary arteryJonghwun Jung
Argonne National Laboratory, 9700 S Cass Avenue, Argonne, IL 60439, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 34:393-407. 2006..These predictions have significant implications for understanding the local hemodynamic phenomena that may contribute to the earliest stage of atherosclerosis, as clinically observed on the inside ..
- Simvastatin enhances hepatic nitric oxide production and decreases the hepatic vascular tone in patients with cirrhosisCarmen Zafra
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit, Institut de Malaties Digestives, Hospital Clinic, Institut d Investigacions Biomedique August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 126:749-55. 2004....
- Pentobarbital versus medetomidine-ketamine-fentanyl anaesthesia: effects on haemodynamics and the incidence of ischaemia-induced ventricular fibrillation in swineF Grund
Institute for Experimental Medical Research, University of Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Lab Anim 38:70-8. 2004....
- Postural hypotension in hypertensive patientsAlfonso Lagi
Department of Internal Medicine, Ospedale Santa Maria Nuova, Azienda Sanitaria 10, Firenze, Italy
Blood Press 12:340-4. 2003..The present longitudinal study aimed to characterize the haemodynamic patterns, comorbidity, prognostic implications and eventual effect of therapy in patients with the Hypo-Hyper pattern...
- Vasopressin effects on the coronary circulation after a short ischemia in anesthetized goats: role of nitric oxide and prostanoidsGodofredo Dieguez
Departamento de Fisiologia, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma, Arzobispo Morcillo 2, 28029 Madrid, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 495:171-7. 2004....
- Left ventricular remodeling after experimental myocardial cryoinjury in ratsMichele M Ciulla
Istituto di Clinica Medica Generale e Terapia Medica, Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, IRCCS, Center of Clinical Physiology and Hypertension, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Surg Res 116:91-7. 2004..This model is therefore suitable to study myocardial repair after injury...
- [Anesthesia for cesarean section in a patient with cor triatriatum]Tomoko Kanbara
Department of Anesthesiology, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi 570 8506
Masui 54:160-2. 2005..Spinal anesthesia could be a method of choice for cesarean section in a patient with cor triatriatum when adequate hemodynamic monitoring is available...
- The crista supraventricularis in the human heart and its role in the morphogenesis of the septomarginal trabeculaAdam Kosiński
Department of Clinical Anatomy, Medical University of Gdansk, ul Debinki 1, PL 80 210 Gdańsk, Poland
Ann Anat 189:447-56. 2007..and septomarginal trabecula are common elements of the right ventricle, and determine many hemodynamic phenomena. The morphological analysis of both structures in regard to their mutual relations was the aim of this ..
- Blood rheology and hemodynamicsOguz K Baskurt
Department of Physiology, Akdeniz University Faculty of Medicine, Antalya, Turkey
Semin Thromb Hemost 29:435-50. 2003..Impairment of blood fluidity may significantly affect tissue perfusion and result in functional deteriorations, especially if disease processes also disturb vascular properties...
- Hemodynamic effects of blood loss during a passive response to a stressor in the conscious rabbitJames C Schadt
Dalton Cardiovascular Research Center, Univ of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 286:R373-80. 2004..Thus a stressful stimulus that resulted in cardiovascular changes similar to those seen during freezing behavior enhanced defense of arterial pressure during hemorrhage...
- Cough-induced transient ischemic attack treated with revascularization of the external carotid arterySHIRLING TSAI
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dallas, Tex Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Tex Electronic address
J Vasc Surg 60:1657-60. 2014..Cough-induced hemispheric transient ischemic attack is a rarely described hemodynamic phenomenon that can be managed with revascularization of the external carotid artery in select patients. ..
- Distributions of wall shear stress in venular convergences of mouse cremaster muscleMichael B Kim
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Microcirculation 10:167-78. 2003....
- Boussignac continuous positive airway pressure device in the emergency care of acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedema: a randomized pilot studyFabienne Moritz
Emergency Department, CHU de Rouen, Hopital Charles Nicolle, 1 rue de Germont, 76031 Rouen Cedex, France
Eur J Emerg Med 10:204-8. 2003..It can quickly improve respiratory distress in acute cardiogenic pulmonary oedema patients. A larger trial should be initiated in such an emergency care setting to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Boussignac-CPAP device...
- Effect of nitric oxide on capillary hemodynamics and cell injury in the pancreas during Pseudomonas pneumonia-induced sepsisBarbara Tribl
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 286:H340-5. 2004..We conclude that, in this normotensive pneumonia model of sepsis, NO overproduction was protective of microvascular perfusion in the pancreas...
- Systemic and hepatosplanchnic hemodynamic and metabolic effects of the PARP inhibitor PJ34 during hyperdynamic porcine endotoxemiaZsolt Iványi
Sektion Anasthesiologische Pathophysiologie und Verfahrensentwicklung Universitatsklinikum, Ulm, Germany
Shock 19:415-21. 2003..Incomplete PARP inhibition because of dilutional effects and/or an only partial efficacy when used in post-treatment approaches may account for this finding...
- Effect of the V1a/V2-AVP receptor antagonist, Conivaptan, on renal water metabolism and systemic hemodynamics in rats with cirrhosis and ascitesGuillermo Fernandez-Varo
Hormonal Laboratory, Hospital Clinic Universitari, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer IDIBAPS, University of Barcelona and Instituto Reina Sofia de Investigaciones Nefrológicas IRSIN, Villarroel 170, 08036, Barcelona, Spain
J Hepatol 38:755-61. 2003..This is important, particularly considering that blockade of V(1a)-AVP receptors could aggravate cardiocirculatory function in decompensated cirrhosis...
- Cardiopulmonary alterations in mRNA expression for interleukin-1beta, the interleukin-6 superfamily and CXC-chemokines during development of postischaemic heart failure in the ratTheis Tønnessen
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery and Institute for Experimental Medical Research, University of Oslo, Ulleval University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 23:263-8. 2003..Our novel findings of increased cardiac CNTF and cardiopulmonary MCP-1 mRNA indicate a role for these factors in the pathogenesis of HF...
- Insulin-like effect of low-dose leptin on glucose transport in Langendorff rat heartsM Haap
Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Pathobiochemistry, Eberhard Karls University Tuebingen, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 111:139-45. 2003..The aim of the present study was to test whether an analogous leptin effect on glucose transport is detectable in the heart...
- Arrhythmias in the intensive care patientHans Joachim Trappe
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Curr Opin Crit Care 9:345-55. 2003....
- Cardiopulmonary support during electrophysiological procedures for ventricular tachycardias not haemodynamically toleratedM Zanobini
Centro Cardiologico Monzino, Via Parea, Milano, Italy
Perfusion 18:79-82. 2003..In conclusion, percutaneous CPS guarantees effective haemodynamic support during mapping and ablation of VTs not haemodynamically tolerated, with no complications related to the extracorporeal circulation or the cannulation...
- Electrocardiographic changes during hemodiafiltration with different potassium removal ratesStefano Severi
Biomedical Engineering Laboratory, DEIS, University of Bologna, Bologna, Cesena, Italy
Blood Purif 21:381-8. 2003..Sudden K removal is thought to be implicated in ECG alterations observed during hemodialysis (HD). The effects of the K removal rate on ECG-derived parameters have been investigated...
- Role of epoxyeicosatrienoic acids in renal functional response to inhibition of NO production in the ratG O Ogungbade
Center for Cardiovascular Diseases, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, Texas Southern University, Houston, TX 77004, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 285:F955-64. 2003..We conclude that NO tonically regulates epoxygenase activity and that EETs are renal vaosoconstrictors in vivo and contribute, at least in part, to the renal functional responses following inhibition of NO production...
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) using periodic acceleration (pGz) in an older porcine model of ventricular fibrillationJose A Adams
Department of Research, Divisions of Neonatology, Mount Sinai Medical Center, Miami Heart Research Institute, Miami Beach, FL 33140, USA
Resuscitation 60:327-34. 2004..Further, pGz-CPR is associated with a lower incidence of periods of hemodynamic instability following ROSC than CONV-CPR...
- Effect of serotonin on respiration, cerebral circulation, and blood pressure in ratsV V Aleksandrin
V V Zakusov State Research Institute of Pharmacology, Moscow, Russia
Bull Exp Biol Med 139:64-7. 2005..Serotonin rapidly decreased local cerebral blood flow (by almost 30%) and blood pressure. Hemodynamic phenomena were accompanied by sharp changes in the respiration pattern: short-term apnea in all cases...
- Intermittent drop in blood flow velocity in the internal carotid artery and its branchesCirus Samii
Department of Neurology with Clinical Neurophysiology, Alfried Krupp Hospital, Alfried Krupp Street 21, D 45117 Essen, Germany
J Clin Ultrasound 30:98-102. 2002..We speculate that such sonographic findings may be caused by intermittent vessel occlusions due to the reversible displacement of an intraluminal thrombus in relation to the cardiac cycle...
- Hemodynamic phenomenon or geometric discrepancy?Ganesh Shanmugam
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:213-4; author reply 214. 2006
- Blood substitute resuscitation as a treatment modality for moderate hypovolemiaAnthony T W Cheung
Department of Medical Pathology, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Artif Cells Blood Substit Immobil Biotechnol 32:189-207. 2004....
- From hyperglycemia to diabetic kidney disease: the role of metabolic, hemodynamic, intracellular factors and growth factors/cytokinesBieke F Schrijvers
Medical Department M Medical Research Laboratories, Clinical Institute, Aarhus University Hospital, Nørrebrogade 44, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Endocr Rev 25:971-1010. 2004..Finally, well-known and potential therapeutic strategies targeting each system are discussed, ending with an overall conclusion...
- Role of shear forces and adhesion molecule distribution on P-selectin-mediated leukocyte rolling in postcapillary venulesMichael B Kim
Dept of Biological Engineering, Univ of Rochester, Box 711, Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 287:H2705-11. 2004....
- The ocular hemodynamic response to nitric oxide synthase inhibition is unaltered in patients with early type I diabetesGuido T Dorner
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Vienna Medical School, Wahringer Gurtel 18 20, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 241:619-24. 2003..It is unclear whether this altered responsiveness is already detectable in early uncomplicated type I diabetes...
- Cardiovascular actions of rattlesnake bradykinin ([Val1,Thr6]bradykinin) in the anesthetized South American rattlesnake Crotalus durissus terrificusGina L J Galli
Department of Zoophysiology, Aarhus University, Aarhus, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 288:R456-65. 2005..In contrast, the pulmonary circulation was relatively unresponsive to BK...
- Advanced diagnostics in erectile dysfunction: beyond the concept of hemodynamicsE S Pescatori
Servizio di Andrologia, Hesperia Hospital, Modena, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 26:125-6. 2003..In particular, there are cases of pure geometric ED which, potentially, is surgically curable. These cases should not be erroneously labelled as psychogenic cases...
- The alpha 1 isoform of Na,K-ATPase regulates cardiac contractility and functionally interacts and co-localizes with the Na/Ca exchanger in heartIva Dostanic
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinanati, Ohio 45267, USA
J Biol Chem 279:54053-61. 2004..These results demonstrate that the alpha 1 isoform regulates cardiac contractility, and that both the alpha 1 and alpha 2 isoforms are functionally and physically coupled with the Na/Ca exchanger in heart...
- Regional hemodynamic actions of selective corticotropin-releasing factor type 2 receptor ligands in conscious ratsSheila M Gardiner
Centre for Integrated Systems Biology and Medicine School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham NG7 2UH UK
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 312:53-60. 2005..The results indicate that the hemodynamic effects of i.v. hUCN2, mUCN2, and CRF depend on activation of CRF(2) receptors and do not involve NO or prostanoids...
- Influence of acute selective endothelin-receptor-A blockade on renal hemodynamics in a rat model of chronic allograft rejectionThomas Knoll
Department of Urology, Faculty of Clinical Medicine, University of Heidelberg, University Hospital of Mannheim, Theodor Kutzer Ufer 1 3, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Transpl Int 16:425-9. 2003..The lack of response to ET-A receptor blockade suggests that the beneficial effect of ET receptor antagonists in this model is likely to be due to improvement of renal morphology...
- Dose-response relationship of the cardiovascular adaptation to endurance training in healthy adults: how much training for what benefit?Ken Ichi Iwasaki
Institute for Exercise and Environmental Medicine, Presbyterian Hospital, and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, Texas 75231, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:1575-83. 2003....
- Effects of local administrations of tempol and diethyldithio-carbamic on peripheral nerve activityTakatomi Shokoji
Department of Pharmacology, Kagawa Medical University, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
Hypertension 44:236-43. 2004..These results suggest that reactive oxygen species play a role in the regulation of peripheral sympathetic nerve activity, and that at least part of this mechanism is mediated through voltage-gated potassium channels...
- Treatment of acute myocardial infarction by hepatocyte growth factor gene transfer: the first demonstration of myocardial transfer of a "functional" gene using ultrasonic microbubble destructionIsao Kondo
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Kagawa University School of Medicine, Kagawa, Japan
J Am Coll Cardiol 44:644-53. 2004..We examined whether ultrasonic microbubble destruction (US/MB) enables therapeutic myocardial gene transfer of hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) for acute myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Reducing lung strain after pneumonectomy impairs oxygen diffusing capacity but not ventilation-perfusion matchingConnie C W Hsia
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Dept of Internal Medicine, Univ of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 9034, USA
J Appl Physiol 95:1370-8. 2003....
- Hyperdynamic circulation in portal hypertension: a comparative model of arterio-venous fistulaS Wattanasirichaigoon
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Srinakharinwirot University, Vajira Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Med Hypotheses 55:77-87. 2000..Although these collaterals decompress the portal circulation, a number of secondary hemodynamic phenomena occur which increase portal blood flow and tend to counteract the portal hypotensive effect of the ..
- Clinical implications of ambulatory and home blood pressure monitoringSoon Gil Kim
Division of Cardiology, Guri Hospital, Hanyang University College of Medicine, Guri, Korea
Korean Circ J 40:423-31. 2010..At present, it has become crucial to understand the characteristics and clinical implications of these BP measuring techniques for those responsible for the care of hypertensive patients...
- The valvular segment of the lower limbs venous system: anatomical, physiological and physiopathological aspectsF Calotă
IInd General Surgery Clinic, Emergency County Hospital, University of Medicine and Pharmacy of Craiova, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 51:157-61. 2010..are used to identify the normal and the pathological morphology of the valvular segment, and the hemodynamic phenomena occurring at this level...
- [Influences of graft diameter on the blood flow in 2-way bypassing surgery]Aike Qiao
College of Life Science and Bioengineering, Beijing University of Technology, Beijing 100022, China
Sheng Wu Yi Xue Gong Cheng Xue Za Zhi 25:346-50, 377. 2008..In general, the large model exhibits better and more uniform hemodynamic phenomena near the vessel wall and may be effective in preventing the initiation and development of postoperative ..
- Famotidine does not induce long QT syndrome: experimental evidence from in vitro and in vivo test systemsAtsushi Sugiyama
Department of Pharmacology, University of Yamanashi Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, Tamaho cho, Nakakoma gun, Yamanashi 409 3898, Japan
Eur J Pharmacol 466:137-46. 2003....
- The 'A-dip' of diastolic mitral regurgitation: an unusual Doppler flow pattern in a patient with severe aortic insufficiency and complete heart blockRachel Levine Berger
Department of Cardiology Echocardiography Laboratory, New York University Medical Center, 560 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Eur J Echocardiogr 9:69-71. 2008....
- Conception of the venous hemodynamics in the lower extremityC Recek
Angiology 57:556-63. 2006Contradictory reports on the significance of several hemodynamic phenomena, such as femoral vein incompetence and incompetent calf perforators, impede orientation in venous hemodynamics...
- Platelet-endothelial cell interactions during hepatic ischemia-reperfusion in vivo: a systematic analysisAndrej Khandoga
Institute for Surgical Research, University of Munich, 81377, Munich, Germany
Microvasc Res 65:71-7. 2003..The extent of these interactions is dependent on the duration of ischemia, but not on reperfusion time. Adherent platelets seem to participate in the development of sinusoidal perfusion failure in the postischemic liver...
- Pulmonary and systemic hemodynamic responses to intravenous prostacyclin in broilersR F Wideman
Department of Poultry Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72701, USA
Poult Sci 84:442-53. 2005..The consistent failure of PGI2 to elicit pulmonary vasodilation in this study suggests fundamental differences in AA metabolism or the etiology of pulmonary hypertension may exist when broilers are compared with mammals...
- Inhibition of left ventricular remodelling preserves chamber systolic function in pressure-overloaded miceGiuseppe Marano
Laboratorio di Farmacologia, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy
Pflugers Arch 446:429-36. 2003..banding-induced deterioration of LV systolic function is associated with LV eccentric remodelling and (iii) the antihypertrophic effect of propranolol is due to a selective action on cardiomyocytes rather than on collagen accumulation..
- Hemodynamic characterization of intracranial pressure plateau waves in head-injury patientsM Czosnyka
Academic Neurosurgical Unit and Wolfson Brain Imaging Centre, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Neurosurg 91:11-9. 1999..The aim of this study was to investigate both the hemodynamic profile and the clinical consequences of plateau waves...
- Hemodynamic effects of terlipressin and high somatostatin dose during acute variceal bleeding in nonresponders to the usual somatostatin doseCandid Villanueva
Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Gastroenterol 100:624-30. 2005..Our aim was to assess the hemodynamic effects of terlipressin and high somatostatin dose during acute variceal bleeding in nonresponders to the usual somatostatin dose...
- Type II lumbar endoleaks: hemodynamic differentiation by contrast-enhanced ultrasound scanning and influence on aneurysm enlargement after endovascular aneurysm repairIrene Bargellini
Division of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University of Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56127 Pisa, Italy
J Vasc Surg 41:10-8. 2005....
- 20-HETE IN NO-MEDIATED REGULATION OF RENAL FUNCTIONAdebayo Oyekan; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Bioengineering Methods to Study Blood SubstitutesAnthony Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension: Avian Model of Complex Vascular Lesion DevelopmeROBERT WIDEMAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..