Summary: The posture of an individual lying face down.
Publications335 found, 100 shown here
- Prone positioning improves oxygenation in post-traumatic lung injury--a prospective randomized trialGregor Voggenreiter
Department of Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Mannheim, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
J Trauma 59:333-41; discussion 341-3. 2005..In a prospective randomized trial the effect of prone positioning on the duration of mechanical ventilation was evaluated in multiple trauma patients and was compared with patients ventilated in supine position...
- Prone positioning improves survival in severe ARDS: a pathophysiologic review and individual patient meta-analysisL Gattinoni
Department of Anesthesia, Intensive e Subintensive Resuscitation and Pain Therapy, Cà Granda Foundation, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 76:448-54. 2010..On the other hand, all data suggest that long-term prone positioning may expose patients with less severe ARDS to unnecessary complications...
- Accelerated intensity-modulated radiotherapy to breast in prone position: dosimetric resultsJ Keith Dewyngaert
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York University School of Medicine, 160 E 34th Street, New York, NY 10016, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:1251-9. 2007To report the physics and dosimetry results of a trial of accelerated intensity-modulated radiotherapy to the whole breast with a concomitant boost to the tumor bed in patients treated in the prone position.
- Prone ventilation reduces mortality in patients with acute respiratory failure and severe hypoxemia: systematic review and meta-analysisSachin Sud
Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Intensive Care Med 36:585-99. 2010b>Prone position ventilation for acute hypoxemic respiratory failure (AHRF) improves oxygenation but not survival, except possibly when AHRF is severe.
- Individual positioning: a comparative study of adjuvant breast radiotherapy in the prone versus supine positionZoltan Varga
Department of Oncotherapy, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 75:94-100. 2009..To study breast radiotherapy in the prone vs. supine positions through dosimetry and clinical implementation...
- Direct aperture optimization-based intensity-modulated radiotherapy for whole breast irradiationErgun E Ahunbay
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 67:1248-58. 2007..g., beamlet optimized) IMRT and conventional three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3D-CRT) for whole breast irradiation in supine and prone positions...
- Single fraction partial breast irradiation in prone positionG Iaccarino
Laboratory of Medical Physics, Istituto Tumori Regina Elena, Roma, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 26:543-52. 2007..a new treatment approach and technique for partial breast irradiation in only one session to patients in prone position by using a dedicated positioning device...
- Phase I-II trial of prone accelerated intensity modulated radiation therapy to the breast to optimally spare normal tissueSilvia C Formenti
Department of Radiation Oncology, Division of Biostatistics, New York University Cancer Institute and New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:2236-42. 2007To report the clinical feasibility of a trial of accelerated whole-breast intensity modulated radiotherapy, with the patient in prone position, optimally to spare the heart and lung.
- Anatomical variation between the prone, supine, and supine oblique positions on computed tomography: implications for percutaneous nephrolithotomy accessBrian Duty
Arthur Smith Institute for Urology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, NY 11042, USA
Urology 79:67-71. 2012..To determine anatomical variations between the prone, supine, and supine oblique positions that are likely to affect percutaneous renal access...
- Alternated prone and supine whole-breast irradiation using IMRT: setup precision, respiratory movement and treatment timeLiv Veldeman
Department of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:2055-64. 2012..The objective of this study was to compare setup precision, respiration-related breast movement and treatment time between prone and supine positions for whole-breast irradiation...
- Electromagnetic tracking of intrafraction prostate displacement in patients externally immobilized in the prone positionNathan Bittner
Tacoma Valley Radiation Oncology Centers, Tacoma, WA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:490-5. 2010To evaluate intrafraction prostate displacement among patients immobilized in the prone position using real-time monitoring of implanted radiofrequency transponders.
- Oxygenation and cerebral perfusion pressure improved in the prone positionM Nekludov
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Karolinska University Hospital and Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:932-6. 2006Treatment of patients in the prone position is a well-established method to improve oxygenation in general intensive care unit (ICU) practice...
- Prone position in mechanically ventilated patients with reduced intracranial complianceA Thelandersson
Department of Physical Therapy, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Gothenburg, Sweden
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 50:937-41. 2006b>Prone position has been used for several years to treat acute lung insufficiency, but in previous studies patients with unstable intracranial pressure (ICP) are mostly excluded...
- A randomised trial of supine versus prone breast radiotherapy (SuPr study): comparing set-up errors and respiratory motionAnna M Kirby
Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, UK
Radiother Oncol 100:221-6. 2011To test a prone position against the international-standard supine position in women undergoing whole-breast-radiotherapy (WBRT) after wide-local-excision (WLE) of early breast cancer (BC) in terms of feasibility, set-up errors, and ..
- Prone breast irradiation for pendulous breastsJeroen Buijsen
Department of Radiation Oncology Maastro Clinic, GROW, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Radiother Oncol 82:337-40. 2007..Dose homogeneity turned out to be better in prone position and doses in organs at risk were lower, but with the current technique, this occurred at the cost of a reduced ..
- Supine versus prone position during percutaneous nephrolithotomy: a report from the clinical research office of the endourological society percutaneous nephrolithotomy global studyJosé G Valdivia
Department of Urology, Clinical University Hospital Lozano Blesa, Zaragoza, Spain
J Endourol 25:1619-25. 2011....
- Prone hypofractionated whole-breast radiotherapy without a boost to the tumor bed: comparable toxicity of IMRT versus a 3D conformal techniqueMatthew E Hardee
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 82:e415-23. 2012..intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT) among patients treated in the prone position with the same fractionation and target of the hypofractionation arm of the Canadian/Whelan trial.
- Prospective assessment of optimal individual position (prone versus supine) for breast radiotherapy: volumetric and dosimetric correlations in 100 patientsStella C Lymberis
Department of Radiation Oncology, New York University School of Medicine and Langone Medical Center, New York, New York 10016, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:902-9. 2012..We conducted a prospective study to evaluate which position is best to spare lung and heart from radiotherapy exposure...
- Supine Valdivia and modified lithotomy position for simultaneous anterograde and retrograde endourological accessGaspar Ibarluzea
Department of Urology, Galdakao Hospital, Bizkaia, Basque Country, Spain
BJU Int 100:233-6. 2007
- Fatal cerebral hemorrhage associated with autonomic hyperreflexia during surgery in the prone position in a quadriplegic patient: a case reportK Y Yoo
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju 501 757, Korea
Minerva Anestesiol 76:554-8. 2010..left basal ganglia and thalamic hemorrhage associated with AHR during surgery for pressure sore defects in the prone position under local anesthesia...
- Ivor Lewis esophagectomy with manual esogastric anastomosis by thoracoscopy in prone position and laparoscopyG B Cadiere
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, European School of Laparoscopic Surgery, Saint Pierre University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Surg Endosc 24:1482-5. 2010..We report an Ivor Lewis esophagogastrectomy with manual esogastric anastomosis performed by thoracoscopy in the prone position.
- Pure laparoscopic right hepatectomy in the semi-prone position using the intrahepatic Glissonian approach and a modified hanging maneuver to minimize intraoperative bleedingTetsuo Ikeda
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, 812 8582, Japan
Surg Today 41:1592-8. 2011..The aim of this report is to evaluate the efficiency of a pure laparoscopic right hepatectomy (PLRH) in the semi-prone position using the intrahepatic Glissonian approach and a modified hanging maneuver.
- Effects of prone position on alveolar recruitment and oxygenation in acute lung injuryC Guerin
Service de Réanimation Médicale et Assistance Respiratoire, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Lyon, France
Intensive Care Med 25:1222-30. 1999To investigate the effects of prone position (PP) on alveolar recruitment and oxygenation in acute respiratory failure.
- Prone versus supine positioning for whole and partial-breast radiotherapy: a comparison of non-target tissue dosimetryAnna M Kirby
Department of Academic Radiotherapy, Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, Sutton, UK
Radiother Oncol 96:178-84. 2010..To compare non-target tissue (including left-anterior-descending coronary-artery (LAD)) dosimetry of prone versus supine whole (WBI) and partial-breast irradiation (PBI)...
- Prone positioning, systemic hemodynamics, hepatic indocyanine green kinetics, and gastric intramucosal energy balance in patients with acute lung injuryRudolf Hering
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Intensive Care Med 28:53-8. 2002..To investigate the effects of prone positioning on systemic hemodynamics, intra-abdominal pressure (IAP), plasma disappearance rate of indocyanine green (PDR(ICG)), and gastric intramucosal to arterial PCO2 difference (Pi-aCO2)...
- Induction of anesthesia and insertion of a laryngeal mask airway in the prone position for minor surgeryAlexander Ng
University Department of Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Management, University Hospitals of Leicester, NHS Trust, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, England
Anesth Analg 94:1194-8, table of contents. 2002The use of the prone position for surgery presents potential obstacles to rapid tracking of patients during ambulatory anesthesia...
- Long-term clinical outcomes of whole-breast irradiation delivered in the prone positionLauren D Stegman
Department of Radiation Oncology, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 68:73-81. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate retrospectively the effectiveness and toxicity of post-lumpectomy whole-breast radiation therapy delivered with prone positioning...
- Prone positioning causes the heart to be displaced anteriorly within the thorax: implications for breast cancer treatmentJunzo P Chino
Department of Radiation Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:916-20. 2008..We herein quantitatively compare the intrathoracic location of the heart in the prone and supine positions in patients treated for breast cancer...
- Influence of support on intra-abdominal pressure, hepatic kinetics of indocyanine green and extravascular lung water during prone positioning in patients with ARDS: a randomized crossover studyPierre Michelet
Service de Réanimation Chirurgicale, hopitaux Sud, Marseille, France
Crit Care 9:R251-7. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether the type of support modifies IAP, extravascular lung water (EVLW) and the plasma disappearance rate of indocyanine green (PDRICG) during PP...
- High-frequency oscillatory ventilation following prone positioning prevents a further impairment in oxygenationDidier Demory
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital Sainte Marguerite, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Crit Care Med 35:106-11. 2007..The aim of this study was to show that HFOV is able to prevent the impairment in oxygenation when ARDS patients are turned back from the prone to the supine position...
- Recruitment maneuvers during prone positioning in patients with acute respiratory distress syndromeWolfgang Oczenski
Department of Anesthesia and Intensive Care and the Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Economics of Medicine in Anesthesia and Intensive Care, City of Vienna Hospital Lainz, Vienna, Austria
Crit Care Med 33:54-61; quiz 62. 2005..We hypothesized that a sustained inflation performed after 6 hrs of prone positioning would induce sustained improvement in oxygenation (Pao2/Fio2) and venous admixture...
- Effect of prone positioning on the survival of patients with acute respiratory failureL Gattinoni
Istituto di Anestesia e Rianimazione, Universita di Milano, Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, Milan, Italy
N Engl J Med 345:568-73. 2001..Although placing patients with acute respiratory failure in a prone (face down) position improves their oxygenation 60 to 70 percent of the time, the effect on survival is not known...
- Effect of patient position and hypotensive anesthesia on inferior vena caval pressureT C Lee
Department of Neurosurgery, Chang Gung Medical College, Taiwan, Republic of China
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:941-7; discussion 947-8. 1998..This is a prospective study to measure the inferior vena caval pressure of 20 patients in different positions and different states of blood pressure...
- Validation of pulse pressure variation and corrected flow time as predictors of fluid responsiveness in patients in the prone positionS Y Yang
Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Chung Ang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Br J Anaesth 110:713-20. 2013The aim of this prospective trial was to investigate the ability of pulse pressure variation (PPV) and corrected flow time (FTc) to predict fluid responsiveness in the prone position.
- Airway management of a patient with tracheal stenosis for surgery in the prone positionTakashi Asai
Department of Anesthesiology, Kansai Medical University, 10 15 Fumizono cho, Moriguchi City, Osaka 570 8507, Japan
Can J Anaesth 51:733-6. 2004..Only the tip of the tube may be in the trachea and the tube can be dislodged. We report the successful airway management of a patient with an uncollapsible tracheal stenosis who underwent cranial surgery in the prone position.
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of percutaneous nephrolithotomy for patients in the supine versus prone positionLiangren Liu
Department of Urology, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, People s Republic of China
J Endourol 24:1941-6. 2010To evaluate the efficacy and safety of percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL) for patients in the supine position vs prone position.
- Central retinal artery occlusion and ophthalmoplegia following spinal surgery in the prone positionT Asok
Eye Department, Sarawak General Hospital, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Med J Malaysia 64:323-4. 2009A 14 year old boy underwent a 7 hour long spinal surgery for scoliosis in the prone position. In the immediate postoperative period, he developed right proptosis, periorbital swelling, chemosis and total ophthalmoplegia...
- [Comparison of the short-term outcomes of patients with esophageal cancer after subtotal esophagectomy via thoracoscopy in left lateral position and in prone position]Yu Long Hou
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu Huai an, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 15:950-3. 2012To compare the short-term outcomes in patients with esophageal cancer after subtotal esophagectomy via thoracoscopy in prone position and in left lateral position.
- Percutaneous nephrolithotomy: does position matter? - prone, supine and variationsRanan Dasgupta
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK
Curr Opin Urol 23:164-8. 2013..As the supine technique and variations have now been practised for several years, it is timely to review whether it has been adopted universally and what factors may lead to preference for one approach over another...
- Extended prone position ventilation in severe acute respiratory distress syndrome: a pilot feasibility studyCarlos M Romero
Critical Patient Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Chile Clinical Hospital, Santiago Norte, Chile
J Crit Care 24:81-8. 2009The aim of the study was to evaluate the safety of extended prone position ventilation (PPV) and its impact on respiratory function in patients with severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS).
- Lymphadenectomy along the left recurrent laryngeal nerve by a minimally invasive esophagectomy in the prone position for thoracic esophageal cancerHirokazu Noshiro
Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Saga University, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga, 849 8501, Japan
Surg Endosc 24:2965-73. 2010..Recently, procedures performed in the prone position have received more attention because of improvements in operative exposure or surgeon ergonomics...
- Modified supine versus prone position in percutaneous nephrolithotomy for renal stones treatable with a single percutaneous access: a prospective randomized trialMarco De Sio
Clinica Urologica, Seconda Universita degli Studi, Naples, Italy
Eur Urol 54:196-202. 2008To compare operative time, safety, and effectiveness of percutaneous nephrolithotomy in the supine versus prone position in a prospective randomized trial.
- Should PCNL patients have a CT in the prone position preoperatively?Venu Chalasani
Department of Urology, NHS Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
Can J Urol 17:5082-6. 2010..This study was performed to estimate the potential risk of colonic injury during lower pole percutaneous nephrostomy for PCNL...
- Position: prone or supine is the issue of percutaneous nephrolithotomyRoberto Miano
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Policlinico Tor Vergata, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Endourol 24:931-8. 2010The prone position has been considered the only position for percutaneous access to the kidney for the past 25 years, whereas the supine Valdivia position has recently started to gain acceptance, although it was originally described in ..
- Thoracoscopic esophagectomy in the prone positionOmar A Jarral
Department of Biosurgery and Surgical Technology, St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College London, Praed Street, London, W2 1NY, UK
Surg Endosc 26:2095-103. 2012..Despite proposed technical and physiological advantages, the prone position technique has not been widely adopted...
- Necessary prone position time for human corneal endothelial precursor transplantation in a rabbit endothelial deficiency modelTatsuya Mimura
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Curr Eye Res 32:617-23. 2007..human corneal endothelial precursor cell transplantation into the anterior chamber and maintenance of the prone position for 24 hours in a bullous keratopathy model...
- Preliminary results on setup precision of prone-lateral patient positioning for whole breast irradiationLiv Veldeman
Department of Radiotherapy, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 78:111-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to develop a rapid and reproducible technique for prone positioning and to compare dose-volume indices in prone and supine positions...
- Prone whole-breast irradiation using three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy in women undergoing breast conservation for early disease yields high rates of excellent to good cosmetic outcomes in patients with large and/or pendulous breastsCarmen Bergom
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 83:821-8. 2012..We hypothesized that using 3D-CRT for WBI in the prone position would reduce or eliminate patient and breast size as negative prognostic indicators for toxicities associated ..
- Prospective audit on the use of the LMA-Supreme for airway management of adult patients undergoing elective orthopaedic surgery in prone positionV Sharma
Department of Anaesthesia, Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust, Reading, UK
Br J Anaesth 105:228-32. 2010..We present a prospective audit in 205 consecutive adult patients presenting for elective spine surgery in the prone position. Patients positioned themselves in the prone position, on a Montreal or Wilson mattress to optimize patient ..
- An 8 year study of risk factors for SIDS: bed-sharing versus non-bed-sharingC McGarvey
National Sudden Infant Death Register, George s Hall, The Children s University Hospital, Temple St, Dublin 1, Ireland
Arch Dis Child 91:318-23. 2006..It is unclear if it is safe for babies to bed share with adults. In Ireland 49% of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) cases occur when the infant is bed-sharing with an adult...
- Accuracy of the CNAP monitor, a noninvasive continuous blood pressure device, in providing beat-to-beat blood pressure readings in the prone positionElisabeth Dewhirst
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Nationwide Children s Hospital, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
J Clin Anesth 25:309-13. 2013..To assess the accuracy of a noninvasive continuous arterial pressure (CNAP) monitor in patients who are positioned prone in the operating room...
- Ischemic orbital compartment syndrome as a complication of spinal surgery in the prone positionIgal Leibovitch
Oculoplastic and Orbital Division, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Royal Adelaide Hospital, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Ophthalmology 113:105-8. 2006To report a patient with ischemic orbital compartment syndrome as a complication of spinal surgery in the prone position.
- Insertion and use of the LMA Supreme in the prone positionA M Lopez
Department of Anaesthesiology, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Anaesthesia 65:154-7. 2010..investigated whether insertion of an LMA Supreme and its use for maintenance of anaesthesia is feasible in the prone position. Forty adult patients positioned themselves prone and were given propofol until the Bispectral Index was < ..
- [Added value of prone position technique for PET-TAC in breast cancer patients]S Vidal-Sicart
Servicio de Medicina Nuclear, CDIC, Hospital Clinic Barcelona, Barcelona, Espana
Rev Esp Med Nucl 29:230-5. 2010This study has aimed to assess if the prone position shows significant differences in regards to the supine position in PET/CT studies in breast cancer patients and to determine which modality offers better evaluation of the images.
- The prone position results in smaller ventilation defects during bronchoconstriction in asthmaR Scott Harris
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Unit, Bulfinch 148, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 107:266-74. 2009..Mean lung fractional gas content was greater in the prone position before methacholine and did not increase as much as in the supine position after methacholine...
- Brief review: Airway rescue with insertion of laryngeal mask airway devices with patients in the prone positionAmir Abrishami
Department of Anesthesia, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5T 2S8, Canada
Can J Anaesth 57:1014-20. 2010Unintentional extubation of the trachea while the anesthetized patient is in the prone position is a potentially life-threatening situation that is usually managed by turning the patient supine for emergent re-intubation...
- Studying sudden and unexpected infant deaths in a time of changing death certification and investigation practices: evaluating sleep-related risk factors for infant death in New York CityLindsay Senter
Bureau of Maternal, Infant and Reproductive Health, New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, 2 Lafayette Street, New York, NY 10007, USA
Matern Child Health J 15:242-8. 2011..g., prone position, bedsharing, soft bedding); and present data on sleep-related infant deaths in NYC...
- Infant sleeping position and the risk of sudden infant death syndrome in California, 1997-2000De Kun Li
Division of Research, Kaiser Foundation Research Institute, Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Am J Epidemiol 157:446-55. 2003..0) and AOR = 6.9 (95% CI: 2.3, 20.6) for the prone and side positions, respectively). Infants placed in an unaccustomed prone or side sleeping position had a higher risk of SIDS than infants who were always placed prone or on the side...
- Three-dimensional photon dosimetry: a comparison of treatment of the intact breast in the supine and prone positionKatherine L Griem
Department of Radiation Oncology, Rush Presbyterian St Luke s Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:891-9. 2003To compare the adequacy of target coverage, dose homogeneity, and volume of normal tissue irradiated in treatment of the intact breast in the supine and prone position.
- Does targeted pre-load optimisation by stroke volume variation attenuate a reduction in cardiac output in the prone positionC Y Wu
Department of Anesthesiology, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Anaesthesia 67:760-4. 2012The prone position can reduce cardiac output by up to 25% due to reduced preload. We hypothesised that preload optimisation targeted to stroke volume variation before turning prone might alleviate this...
- Robot-assisted thoracoscopic lymphadenectomy along the left recurrent laryngeal nerve for esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in the prone position: technical report and short-term outcomesKoichi Suda
Division of Upper GI, Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University, 1 98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake, Toyoake, 470 1192, Aichi, Japan
World J Surg 36:1608-16. 2012..was to determine the impact on short-term outcomes of robot-assisted thoracoscopic radical esophagectomy performed on patients in the prone position for the treatment of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma, including its impact on RLNP.
- [Comparison of thoracoscopic esophagectomy in decubitus position with prone position]Ming xiang Feng
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Zhongshang Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Wei Chang Wai Ke Za Zhi 14:686-8. 2011To compare the safety and efficacy between two different surgical approaches for thoracoscopic esophagectomy including left lateral decubitus position and prone position.
- Prone position endoscopic transthoracic release with simultaneous posterior instrumentation for spinal deformity: a description of the techniqueI H Lieberman
Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 25:2251-7. 2000..This simultaneous technique can be extended for use in correction of a variety of thoracic spinal pathologies...
- Prone position in percutaneous nephrolithotomy and postoperative visual lossMahvash Agah
Anesthesiology Research Center, Shahid Labbafinejad Medical Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Urol J 8:191-6. 2011To study the simultaneous effects of prone position and anesthesia on intraocular pressure (IOP) and the time impact on post anesthesia visual loss development in percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL).
- Pressure sore on malar prominences by horseshoe headrest in prone positionV Jain
Anaesth Intensive Care 35:304-5. 2007
- Beyond prone position in percutaneous nephrolithotomy: a comprehensive reviewJean J M C H de la Rosette
Department of Urology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur Urol 54:1262-9. 2008Percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PNL) is traditionally performed with the patient in the prone position.
- Superiority of prone position in free-breathing 3D coronary MRA in patients with coronary diseaseM Stuber
Department of Medicine Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
J Magn Reson Imaging 13:185-91. 2001..We hypothesized that image acquisition in the prone position would minimize artifacts related to chest-wall motion and suppress diaphragmatic drift...
- [Respiratory arrest in the delivery room while lying in the prone position on the mothers' chest in 11 full term healthy neonates]S Hays
Arch Pediatr 13:1067-8. 2006
- Life-threatening ventilatory obstruction due to a defective tracheal tube during spinal surgery in the prone positionIsabel A Santos
Anesthesiology 103:214-5; discussion 215. 2005
- Neurologic deficits after cervical laminectomy in the prone positionA Bhardwaj
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 13:314-9. 2001..four patients with cervical myeloradiculopathy who underwent cervical laminectomy, fusion, or both in the prone position, supported by chest rolls...
- Prone position for minimal invasive or all-arthroscopic autologous chondrocyte implantation at the patellaRainer Siebold
Center for Knee and Foot Surgery, Sports Traumatology, ATOS Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 19:2036-9. 2011..This technical note introcudes a minimal invasive approach with the patient in prone position using an all-arthroscopic or mini-open technique to treat retropatellar full size articular cartilage lesions ..
- Laryngeal mask in prone position: pure exhibitionism or a valid techniqueN Weksler
Division of Anesthesiology and Critical Care, Soroka Medical Center, Beer Sheva, Israel
Minerva Anestesiol 73:33-7. 2007The laryngeal mask airway (LMA) is used worldwide during general anesthesia with controlled or spontaneous breathing. Normally its use is limited to patients undergoing surgery in the supine but not the prone position.
- Thoracolaparoscopic esophagectomy: is the prone position a safe alternative to the decubitus position?Mingxiang Feng
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
J Am Coll Surg 214:838-44. 2012..However, evidence for the prone position (PP) over the decubitus position (DP) during TLE is currently not strong enough to reach conclusions.
- Emergency airway management with a laryngeal mask airway in a patient placed in the prone positionJacob Raphael
Department of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Hadassh University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
J Clin Anesth 16:560-1. 2004Accidental extubation of a patient while placed in the prone position is a life-threatening, anesthesia-related complication...
- Abilities of pulse pressure variations and stroke volume variations to predict fluid responsiveness in prone position during scoliosis surgeryM Biais
Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux, Hopital Pellegrin, CHU Bordeaux, France
Br J Anaesth 104:407-13. 2010..The aim of the study was to evaluate the ability of PPV and SVV to predict fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients in the prone position (PP) during scoliosis surgery.
- Recommendations for sudden infant death syndrome prevention: a discussion documentE A Mitchell
Department of Paediatrics, University of Auckland, Private Bag 92019, Auckland, New Zealand
Arch Dis Child 92:155-9. 2007....
- Compartmental analysis of breathing in the supine and prone positions by optoelectronic plethysmographyA Aliverti
Dipartimento di Bioingegneria, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Ann Biomed Eng 29:60-70. 2001..5% +/- 13.1%) positions. deltaVCW was equally distributed between right and left sides. In the prone position we found a different chest wall volume distribution between pulmonary and abdominal rib cage (22.1% +/- 8...
- The medial sural MEDIAL GASTROCNEMIUS perforator free flap: an 'ideal' prone position skin flapGeoffrey G Hallock
Division of Plastic Surgery, The Lehigh Valley Hospitals, Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA
Ann Plast Surg 52:184-7. 2004..the requisite perforators and their subsequent intramuscular dissection is facilitated with the patient in a prone position, this can be an "ideal" skin free flap for the posterior aspect of the body...
- [Prone position for the treatment of acute respiratory distress syndrome: a review of current literature]Oscar Martinez
Servicio de Cuidados Intensivos, CIBER de Enfermedades Respiratorias CB06 06 0044, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Hospital Universitario de Getafe, Getafe, Madrid, Espana
Arch Bronconeumol 45:291-6. 2009..Several studies have shown improved oxygenation in the prone position during mechanical ventilation in patients with ARDS...
- What is the optimal duration of ventilation in the prone position in acute lung injury and acute respiratory distress syndrome?D F McAuley
Intensive Care Unit, Birmingham Heartlands Teaching Hospital, Bordesley Green East, Birmingham B9 5SS, UK
Intensive Care Med 28:414-8. 2002..on respiratory parameters and extravascular lung water (EVLW) in patients with acute lung injury (ALI) and acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) in order to characterise the optimal duration of ventilation in the prone position.
- Impact of skin to skin care, prone and supine positioning on cardiorespiratory parameters and thermoregulation in premature infantsK Heimann
Department of Neonatology, University Children s Hospital, University of Aachen, Aachen, Germany
Neonatology 97:311-7. 2010..Skin to skin care (SSC), prone (PP) and supine (SP) positions are standard positions in daily care for premature infants. Their influence on cardiorespiratory parameters and thermoregulation is discussed controversially...
- Intraoperative angiography for neurovascular disease in the prone or three-quarter prone positionShih Shan Lang
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Surg Neurol 65:283-9; discussion 289. 2006..There are few published cases of intraoperative angiography performed in the prone or three-quarter prone position, and the transradial approach has not previously been described for this situation.
- Reducing ventilator-induced lung injury and other organ injury by the prone positionPeter M Suter
University of Geneva
Crit Care 10:139. 2006..transaminases, and lower indices for apoptosis in the liver, the diaphragm and the lung were noted in the prone position compared with the supine position...
- Hemodynamic and anesthetic advantages of dexmedetomidine, an alpha 2-agonist, for surgery in prone positionZerrin Ozkose
Department of Anesthesiology and Reanimation, Gazi University School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Tohoku J Exp Med 210:153-60. 2006..hemodynamic variables, anesthetic sparing effects, and recovery profiles in patients who underwent surgery in prone position. The prone position itself can cause a decrease in the systemic blood pressure...
- Lower pulmonary diffusing capacity in the prone vs. supine postureG Peces-Barba
Pulmonary Department, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Appl Physiol 96:1937-42. 2004....
- Test-Retest repeatability of gluteus maximus strength testing using a fixed digital dynamometer in children with cerebral palsyMarietta L van der Linden
Anderson Gait Analysis Laboratory, Eastern General Hospital, Edinburg, Scotland, UK
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 85:2058-63. 2004..To investigate the test-retest repeatability of the measurement of the gluteus maximus strength using a fixed digital dynamometer...
- Airway management in prone position with an intubating Laryngeal Mask AirwaySanjay Agrawal
Department of Anesthesia, Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun 248140, India
J Clin Anesth 19:293-5. 2007The prone position impairs the ability for endotracheal intubation by direct laryngoscopy. We describe the airway management of a 25-year-old woman with an extensive open wound over her back and fractured pelvis...
- Prone position increases collapsibility of the passive pharynx in infants and small childrenTeruhiko Ishikawa
Department of Anesthesiology B1, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 166:760-4. 2002..death syndrome and that obstructive sleep apnea is closely linked with the syndrome, we hypothesized that the prone position may increase upper airway collapsibility in infants and small children...
- Ultrasonography-guided percutaneous nephrolithotomy in the flank position versus fluoroscopy-guided percutaneous nephrolithotomy in the prone position: a comparative studyHossein Karami
Urology and Nephrology Research Center, Shohada Medical Center, Shahid Beheshti University, MC, Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran
J Endourol 24:1357-61. 2010..percutaneous nephrolithotomy (PCNL) is routinely performed using fluoroscopic guidance with the patient in a prone position. We compared ultrasonography-guided access for PCNL with the patient in the flank position with conventional ..
- Is the sitting or the prone position best for surgery for posterior fossa tumours in children?G A Orliaguet
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, CHU Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Paediatr Anaesth 11:541-7. 2001The aim of this study was to compare complications in children operated for posterior fossa tumours in the sitting position with those in the prone position.
- Ventilator management for hypoxemic respiratory failure attributable to H1N1 novel swine origin influenza virusClare D Ramsey
Department of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Crit Care Med 38:e58-65. 2010....
- Minimally invasive esophagectomy: thoracoscopic mobilization of the esophagus and mediastinal lymphadenectomy in prone position--experience of 130 patientsChinnusamy Palanivelu
Department of Minimal Access Surgery, GEM Hospital, Coimbatore, India
J Am Coll Surg 203:7-16. 2006..esophagectomy (TLE) with thoracoscopic mobilization of the esophagus and mediastinal esophagectomy in prone position. Esophagectomies are being performed increasingly by a minimally invasive route with decreased morbidity and ..
- Prone positioning in acute respiratory distress syndrome: a multicenter randomized clinical trialRafael Fernandez
CIBER Enfermedades Respiratorias, Hospital de Sabadell, Parc Taulis n, 08208, Sabadell, Spain
Intensive Care Med 34:1487-91. 2008..We examined the effect on survival of prone positioning as an early and continuous treatment in ARDS patients already treated with protective ventilation...
- The early detection of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis in three positions using the scoliometer and real-time ultrasound: should the prone position also be used?R G Burwell
The Centre for Spinal Studies and Surgery, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Stud Health Technol Inform 88:74-80. 2002..Most recently the prone position has been evaluated and even recommended...
- Effects of systematic prone positioning in hypoxemic acute respiratory failure: a randomized controlled trialClaude Guerin
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hopital de la Croix Rousse, Lyon, France
JAMA 292:2379-87. 2004A recent trial showed that placing patients with acute lung injury in the prone position did not increase survival; however, whether those results hold true for patients with hypoxemic acute respiratory failure (ARF) is unclear.
- Anesthetic management of a patient in prone position with a drill bit penetrating the spinal canal at C1-C2, using a laryngeal maskRicard Valero
Department of Anesthesiology, Hospital Clinic de Barcelona, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Anesth Analg 98:1447-50, table of contents. 2004..Moreover, the prone position increases the risk of difficult ventilation and cervical spine injury...
- Population trends in sudden infant death syndromeAnne Louise Ponsonby
National Centre for Epidemiology and Population Health, Australian National University, ACT
Semin Perinatol 26:296-305. 2002..Recent death scene data indicate that a substantial proportion of the remaining SIDS deaths could be avoided by supine sleeping and by providing a safe sleeping environment for all infants...
- Effect of prone positioning on clinical outcomes in children with acute lung injury: a randomized controlled trialMartha A Q Curley
Children s Hospital Boston, Medical Surgical Intensive Care Unit, 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
JAMA 294:229-37. 2005..In uncontrolled clinical studies, prone positioning appeared to be safe and to improve oxygenation in pediatric patients with acute lung injury. However, the effect of prone positioning on clinical outcomes in children is not known...
- Sigh in supine and prone position during acute respiratory distress syndromePaolo Pelosi
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche, Universita degli Studi dell Insubria, Ospedale di Circolo, Fondazione Macchi, Varese
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:521-7. 2003..Because the prone position increases homogeneity of inflation of the lung, we reasoned that it might enhance its potential for ..
- Pathophysiology of prone positioning in the healthy lung and in ALI/ARDSP Pelosi
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche, Universita dell Insubria, Servizio di Anestesia e Rianimazione B, Ospedale di Circolo, Fondazione Macchi, Viale Borri 57, 21100 Varese, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 67:238-47. 2001b>Prone position was initially introduced in healthy anesthetized and paralyzed subjects for surgical specific reasons. Then, it was used during acute respiratory failure to improve gas exchange...
- Effects of the supine and prone position on diaphragm thickness in healthy term infantsV K Rehan
Department of Pediatrics, Memorial Hospital of Rhode Island, Pawtucket, Rhode Island, USA
Arch Dis Child 83:234-8. 2000..The physiological basis underlying the decline in the incidence of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) associated with changing the sleep position from prone to supine remains unknown...
- New Approach to Detect CP and Brain Injury by Term AgeRONALD ARIAGNO; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is essential to discover a new approach to identify brain injury early, before it will be possible to effectively investigate interventions that can improve neurological outcome of these high risk very premature infants. ..
- PERINATAL ASSESSMENT OF AT RISK POPULATIONSWILLIAM FIFER; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- HYPOXIA AND CONTROL OF FETAL BREATHING MOVEMENTSBrian J Koos; Fiscal Year: 2010..g., due to infection or sleeping in the prone position) associated with prolonged interruptions in breathing (apnea) are particularly vulnerable to hypoxic brain ..
- Effect of Prone Position on Ventilator-Induced Lung InjuryGuido Musch; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., sheep), in three specific aims. Specific aim 1 examines the effectiveness of the prone position as a means to delay the onset and decrease the severity and topographical heterogeneity of VILI-induced ..
- An infrared camera tracking system for a motivational device to develop posture cAMIR NA FARDAD; Fiscal Year: 2012..with poor postural control typically work with a physical therapist, who encourages the child to play in the prone position and teaches the parents how to facilitate this activity at home...
- Redistribution of pulmonary perfusion during bronchoconstriction in asthmaROBERT SCOTT HARRIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..redistribution of perfusion away from poorly ventilated areas will be less effective in the supine than in the prone position because gravitational forces would tend to oppose the effectiveness of hypoxic vasoconstriction...
- Factors Influencing the Racial Disparity in SIDS.Rachel Y Moon; Fiscal Year: 2010..since 1992, when the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) first recommended that infants be placed in a non-prone position for sleep...
- PRETERM SKIN CONTACT EFFECTS ON ELECTROPHYSIOLOGIC SLEEPSusan Ludington; Fiscal Year: 2003..All infants will be monitored in hooded incubators for 3 hours (pretest) as they lay in a nested prone position, followed by three hours of monitoring during the test period...
- REGIONAL LUNG FUNCTION IN ACUTE LUNG INJURYBrett Simon; Fiscal Year: 2000..gained in the earlier studies to explain the improvements in oxygenation seen in the switch from supine to prone position after acute lung injury in terms of changes in regional mechanical function and ventilation distribution...
- Intratreatment monitoring of prostate movement during r*Howard Sandler; Fiscal Year: 2007..advantage of geometric separation of the rectum from the prostate that occurs when patients are placed in the prone position. The hypothesis of this study is that intratreatment prostate movement limits the dose received by the ..
- Factors Affecting the Racial Disparities in SIDSRACHEL MOON; Fiscal Year: 2009..since 1992, when the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) first recommended that infants be placed in a non prone position for sleep...
- Autonomic Reactivity During Sleep Position Thermal StressRakesh Sahni; Fiscal Year: 2008..relates SIDS to relative hyperthermia, thought to be caused by less efficient heat dissipation in the prone position. Despite 'normal' thermoregulatory adjustments in cardiorespiratory function, a small increase in ..
- NEONATAL CARBOHYDRATE INTAKE AND HEALTH AT 7-8 YEARSRakesh Sahni; Fiscal Year: 2003..Demonstration that significant changes in these variables are linked to early CHO intake would provide important evidence linking early nutritional practices and vulnerability to adult onset diseases. ..
- Novel Strategies Targeting Acute Exacerbation of COPDRichard Albert; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will, at the same time, also provide information regarding the pathobiology of COPD exacerbations. ..
- Comparison of Risk Factors for SIDS and Other Sudden Unexpected Deaths in InfancyFERN HAUCK; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INDUCED ABORTION AND BREAST CANCER RISKDe Kun Li; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- VESTIBULOSYMPATHETIC REFLEXES IN HUMANSCHESTER RAY; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Exposure to Bisphenol A & Reproductive Effect in HumansDe Kun Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed study will evaluate the reproductive effects of BPA in settings where there have been high levels of exposure. The study will also investigate effects in multiple human generations. ..
- VESTIBULOSYMPATHETIC REFLEXES IN HUMANSCHESTER RAY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The design of these studies will increase our understanding of how the vestibular system contributes to orthostatic blood pressure regulation in humans. ..
- NASD Academic ED Collaborative - UC San DiegoTheodore Chan; Fiscal Year: 2004..UCSD ED investigators will be responsible for following up on difficult to reach) patients. Local data and survey results will be submitted to the R-25 and R-21 sites for analysis. ..
- Laser acceleration of protons for radiation therapyDale Litzenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research will conduct the first critical step in determining if the cost can be dramatically reduced through the use of new acceleration technology. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prenatal NSAID Use and MiscarriageDe Kun Li; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prenatal MF Exposure & Miscarriage Risk Among WomenDe Kun Li; Fiscal Year: 2009..The findings from the proposed study will provide much needed confirmation of the recently reported results and advance our understanding of a MF health effect. ..
- DYNAMICS OF ALVEOLAR RECRUITMENT IN LUNG INJURYRobert Harris; Fiscal Year: 2005..SA3 will compare local measurements of recruitment by PET with the global measures of recruitment by NO uptake kinetics and lung mechanics. ..
- SENSORIMOTOR INTEGRATION IN HUMAN POSTURAL CONTROLRobert Peterka; Fiscal Year: 2009..A better understanding of these active regulatory processes may lead to new rehabilitative methods and new clinical balance-function tests. ..
- XYLITOL FOR ACUTE OTITIS MEDIA PROPHYLAXISLouis Vernacchio; Fiscal Year: 2003..A preliminary estimate of the effect size of xylitol treatment from the pilot RCT will suggest whether the effect if sufficiently large to warrant a large formal RCT to be proposed. ..
- NEW METHOD TO IDENTIFY UNILATERAL VESTIBULAR DYSFUNCTIONRobert Peterka; Fiscal Year: 2002..Experimental results from subjects with different levels of partial unilateral vestibular loss will determine the effectiveness and reliability of the proposed new rotation test. ..
- Motor Control Deficit in Low Back Pain: Cause or Effect?Jacek Cholewicki; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the proposed research will have a significant clinical relevance for designing more effective prevention, diagnosis, and rehabilitation strategies for LBP. ..
- Physiology of Respiratory Muscle MicromechanicsALADIN BORIEK; Fiscal Year: 2009..The completion of these aims will significantly contribute to the fundamental understanding of mechanical signal transduction in the respiratory pump. ..
- Deposition of 0.5 to 2 Micron Aerosol in the Human LungG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2003..5 to 1 micron). Such information will provide a much-improved basis for the assessment of exposure to small inhaled particles both in long duration spaceflight and on Earth. ..
- RESPIRATORY SYSTEM MECHANICSALADIN BORIEK; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Shoulder Pain in Spinal Cord Injury (SCI): A Longitudinal StudySara J Mulroy; Fiscal Year: 2010..MANOVA will be employed to compare the biomechanical parameters of WCP for the shoulder pain and pain-free groups. ..
- VESTIBULAR AFFERENT ACTIVITY AFTER CANAL PLUGGINGSergei Yakushin; Fiscal Year: 2002..This work should lead to a clearer understanding of how lesions, such as plugging and nerve section, affect the sensory processing of head movements and how the central vestibular system adapts to these types of lesions. ..
- Sedation Effects in Mechanically Ventilated PatientsMary Jo Grap; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- INTERVENTIONS FOR SCI SHOULDER FUNCTION IN WHEELCHAIRSSara Mulroy; Fiscal Year: 2004..Statistical significance of the findings will be determined by repeated measures MANOVA analyses with grouping factors for SCI level and exercise/control groups. ..
- Immunomodulatory Effects of Mechanical VentilationWILLIAM ALTEMEIER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Engineering Approach to the Ventilatory PumpALADIN BORIEK; Fiscal Year: 2007..The completion of these aims will significantly enhance our fundamental understanding of the ventilatory pump function in health and disease. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RESOLUTION OF CLINICAL LUNG INJURYMichael Matthay; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Effects of lung water on mechanics and blood flowAngela Henderson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Outcomes in congenital toxoplasmic retinochoroiditisRuth Gilbert; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Nursing Smoking Cessation Intervention During PregnancyLinda Bullock; Fiscal Year: 2004..A fixed-effects repeated measure ANOVA will be used to determine significant group differences in reduction in smoking and survival analysis will detect if there are significant group differences in time to relapse. ..
- Vestibular Influences on Head Direction Cell ActivityBill Yates; Fiscal Year: 2004..This work may also provide insights into potential effects of peripheral and central vestibular lesions on spatial cognition in humans. ..
- Nursing Support: Better Infant Outcomes in Violent HomesLinda Bullock; Fiscal Year: 2008..Results of the proposed study will provide evidence regarding the effectiveness of a nursing intervention that targets vulnerable mothers and improves their infants' social, emotional, and cognitive well-being. ..
- Prevention of Neck Injuries in Older Adults During Rear Motor Vehicle CollsionsPAUL IVANCIC; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed project will provide important research-based data that may form the basis for future safety standards and help to decrease the frequency and severity of neck injuries in older adults, thus benefiting society. ..
- The Mechanism and Function of Lumbosacral OrthosesJacek Cholewicki; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, data generated from the proposed research will also carry-over into advancing our understanding of the mechanisms and function of ergonomic lumbar supports. ..
- The Effect of Pulmonary Interstitial Edema on Gas ExchangeG Prisk; Fiscal Year: 2009..3) Define and quantify the relationship between alterations in the heterogeneity of pulmonary blood flow and lung water content using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) and X-ray techniques. ..