Genomes and Genes
pentose phosphate pathway
Summary: An oxidative decarboxylation process that converts GLUCOSE-6-PHOSPHATE to D-ribose-5-phosphate via 6-phosphogluconate. The pentose product is used in the biosynthesis of NUCLEIC ACIDS. The generated energy is stored in the form of NADPH. This pathway is prominent in tissues which are active in the synthesis of FATTY ACIDS and STEROIDS.
- Glucose metabolism in Chlamydia trachomatis: the 'energy parasite' hypothesis revisitedE R Iliffe-Lee
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba, 730 William Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada R3E 0W3
Mol Microbiol 33:177-87. 1999..functional enzymes that produce energy or reducing power, four enzymes involved in glycolysis or the pentose phosphate pathway, specifically pyruvate kinase, phosphoglycerate kinase, glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and ..
- Starch biosynthesis and intermediary metabolism in maize kernels. Quantitative analysis of metabolite flux by nuclear magnetic resonanceErich Glawischnig
Lehrstuhl fur Genetik, Technische Universitat Munchen, Am Hochanger 8, 85350 Freising, Germany
Plant Physiol 130:1717-27. 2002..The relatively high abundance of the [5,6-(13)C(2)]-isotopomer can be explained by the joint operation of glycolysis/glucogenesis and the pentose phosphate pathway.
- Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase: a novel therapeutic target in cardiovascular diseasesSachin A Gupte
University of South Alabama, College of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, MSB 2310, 307 University Boulevard North, Mobile, AL 36688, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 9:993-1000. 2008..This warrants the development of new drugs or genetic approaches to target G6PD for investigational and clinical use. This review discusses the specificity and side effects of existing investigational G6PD inhibitors...
- Defective carbohydrate metabolism in mice homozygous for the tubby mutationYun Wang
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine 04609, USA
Physiol Genomics 27:131-40. 2006..tubby mice fail to induce glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6pdh), the rate-limiting enzyme in the pentose phosphate pathway that normally supplies NADPH for de novo fatty acid synthesis and glutathione reduction...
- 13C-labeled gluconate tracing as a direct and accurate method for determining the pentose phosphate pathway split ratio in Penicillium chrysogenumRoelco J Kleijn
Department of Biotechnology, Delft University of Technology, Julianalaan 67, 2628 BC Delft, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 72:4743-54. 2006In this study we developed a new method for accurately determining the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) split ratio, an important metabolic parameter in the primary metabolism of a cell...
- Modulation of astroglial energy metabolism by nitric oxideJuan P Bolanos
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Universidad de Salamanca Instituto de Neurociencias de Castilla y León, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, Salamanca, Spain
Antioxid Redox Signal 8:955-65. 2006..The stimulation of these glucose-metabolizing pathways by NO would represent a transient attempt by the glial cells to compensate for energy impairment and oxidative stress, and thus to emerge from an otherwise pathological outcome...
- Interpretation of metabolic flux maps by limitation potentials and constrained limitation sensitivitiesS Aljoscha Wahl
Institute of Biotechnology 2, Forschungszentrum Julich GmbH, Julich, Germany
Biotechnol Bioeng 94:263-72. 2006..It can be shown that the reachable yield is drastically reduced by the measured efflux into the TCA cycle, while the oxidative pentose-phosphate pathway only plays a secondary role on the reachable maximum...
- Metabolic profiling by 13C-NMR spectroscopy: [1,2-13C2]glucose reveals a heterogeneous metabolism in human leukemia T cellsA Miccheli
Department of Chemistry, University of Rome La Sapienza, P le Aldo Moro 5, 00185 Rome, Italy
Biochimie 88:437-48. 2006..and ribose-5-phosphate moiety of nucleotides has allowed original integrated information regarding the pentose phosphate pathway, TCA cycle, and amino acid metabolism in proliferating human leukemia T cells to be obtained...
- Leishmania major and Leishmania tropica: II. Effect of an immunomodulator, S(2) complex on the enzymes of the parasitesYassir M Al-Mulla Hummadi
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, University of Baghdad, P O Box 61208, Baghdad 12114, Iraq
Exp Parasitol 112:85-91. 2006..Thus, the direct antileishmanial effect of S(2) complex may result, partially or entirely, from the inhibition of enzymes that are necessary for the parasites' carbohydrate metabolism...
- K-ras codon-specific mutations produce distinctive metabolic phenotypes in NIH3T3 mice [corrected] fibroblastsPedro Vizan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Faculty of Biology, University of Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Res 65:5512-5. 2005..along pathways that produce nucleic acid and lipid synthesis precursors in the oxidative branch of the pentose phosphate pathway and via pyruvate dehydrogenase flux...
- Quantitative estimation of channeling from early glycolytic intermediates to CO in intact Escherichia coliGeorgia Shearer
Department of Biology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
FEBS J 272:3260-9. 2005..The data also suggest that, in addition to pathway enzymes being associated with one another, some are free in the aqueous cytosol. How sensitive the degree of channeling is to growth or experimental conditions remains to be determined...
- Theoretical aspects of 13C metabolic flux analysis with sole quantification of carbon dioxide labelingTae Hoon Yang
Biochemical Engineering, Saarland University, Bldg 2, D 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany
Comput Biol Chem 29:121-33. 2005..Metabolic net fluxes in the central metabolism, involving, e.g. glycolysis, pentose phosphate pathway, tricarboxylic acid cycle, anaplerotic carboxylation, and glyoxylate pathway were found to be ..
- Metabolic-flux and network analysis in fourteen hemiascomycetous yeastsLars M Blank
Institute of Biotechnology, Building HPT E58, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
FEMS Yeast Res 5:545-58. 2005..In most yeasts, the PP pathway activity appears to be driven exclusively by the demand for NADPH...
- Intracellular metabolite profiling of Fusarium oxysporum converting glucose to ethanolGianni Panagiotou
Center for Microbial Biotechnology, BioCentrum DTU, Technical University of Denmark, Soltofts Plads, Building 223, 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
J Biotechnol 115:425-34. 2005..characterized by high efflux of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate (G3P) and fructose-6-phosphate (F6P) from the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) to the Embden-Meyerhof-Parnas (EMP) pathway, resulting in the highest ethanol production under ..
- Metabolic fluxes in Corynebacterium glutamicum during lysine production with sucrose as carbon sourceChristoph Wittmann
Biochemical Engineering, Saarland University, Saarbrucken, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 70:7277-87. 2004..7% (normalized to an uptake flux of hexose units of 100%) through the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP). The glucose monomer of sucrose was completely channeled into the PPP...
- Futile cycling of lactate through the plasma membrane of C6 glioma cells as detected by (13C, 2H) NMRTiago B Rodrigues
Laboratory for Imaging and Spectroscopy by Magnetic Resonance, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas Alberto Sols CSIC UAM, c Arturo Duperier 4, E 28029 Madrid, Spain
J Neurosci Res 79:119-27. 2005....
- Aluminum toxicity triggers the nuclear translocation of HIF-1alpha and promotes anaerobiosis in hepatocytesRyan J Mailloux
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ont, Canada P3E 2C6
Toxicol In Vitro 21:16-24. 2007..These findings reveal the ability of Al to create a hypoxic environment that promotes the translocation of HIF-1alpha to the nucleus and stimulates the anaerobic metabolism of D-glucose...
- Evaluating microarrays using a semiparametric approach: application to the central carbon metabolism of Escherichia coli BL21 and JM109Je Nie Phue
Biotechnology Unit, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Building 14A, Room 170, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Genomics 89:300-5. 2007..the two strains, whereas no differences were apparent for the groups comprising either glycolysis or the pentose phosphate pathway. These results further characterized differences between the two E...
- Amyloid-beta peptide affects the oxygen dependence of erythrocyte metabolism: a role for caspase 3M Elisabetta Clementi
CNR, Istituto di Chimica del Riconoscimento Molecolare, L go F Vito n 1, CAP 00168 Rome, Italy
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 39:727-35. 2007..This finding suggests that human erythrocytes following to exposure to amyloid-beta peptide show a complete loss of the oxygen-dependent metabolic modulation, which is partially restored by caspase 3 inhibitor-treatment...
- [2D [1H,13C] NMR study of carbon fluxes during glucose utilization by Escherichia coli MG1655]A D Kivero
Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol 44:168-75. 2008Carbon fluxes through main pathways of glucose utilization in Escherichia coli cells--glycolysis, pentose phosphate pathway (PPP), and Enther-Doudoroff pathway (EDP)--were studied. Their ratios were analyzed in E...
- Metabolic capacity estimation of Escherichia coli as a platform for redox biocatalysis: constraint-based modeling and experimental verificationLars M Blank
Laboratory of Chemical Biotechnology, TU Dortmund, D 44221 Dortmund, Germany
Biotechnol Bioeng 100:1050-65. 2008..With this optimization criterion, simulations showed exclusive use of the pentose phosphate pathway at high rates of glucose catabolism, a flux distribution usually not found in wild-type cells...
- An analytic and systematic framework for estimating metabolic flux ratios from 13C tracer experimentsAri Rantanen
Department of Computer Science, University of Helsinki, Finland
BMC Bioinformatics 9:266. 2008....
- Metabolic regulation of pathways of carbohydrate oxidation in potato (Solanum tuberosum) tubersDanilo C Centeno
Max Planck Institut fur Molekulare Pflanzenphysiologie, Am Muhlenberg 1, 14476 Potsdam Golm, Germany
Physiol Plant 133:744-54. 2008..cv. Desiree). We analysed the relative rates of glycolysis and the oxidative pentose phosphate pathway that these lines exhibited as well as the relative contributions of the cytochrome and alternative ..
- Elevated activity of the oxidative and non-oxidative pentose phosphate pathway in (pre)neoplastic lesions in rat liverWilma M Frederiks
Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Department of Cell Biology and Histology, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Exp Pathol 89:232-40. 2008..are characterized by elevated activity of the first irreversible enzyme of the oxidative branch of the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP), glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD), for production of NADPH...
- Profiling the metabolic proteome of bovine mammary tissueAmanda J Beddek
Centre for Biodiscovery and School of Biological Sciences, Victoria University of Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
Proteomics 8:1502-15. 2008..11 out of the 15 enzymes in the direct pathways for conversion of glucose to fatty acids, two of the pentose phosphate pathway enzymes and two of the enzymes for lactose synthesis from glucose...
- Comparison of metabolic flux distributions for MDCK cell growth in glutamine- and pyruvate-containing mediaYury Sidorenko
Max Planck Institute for Dynamics of Complex Technical Systems, Sandtorstrasse 1, Magdeburg, Germany
Biotechnol Prog 24:311-20. 2008..Thus, the switch from glutamine-containing to glutamine-free medium with pyruvate provided a series of benefits without dramatic changes of cellular metabolism...
- Metabolic flux analysis in Escherichia coli by integrating isotopic dynamic and isotopic stationary 13C labeling dataJochen Schaub
Institute of Biochemical Engineering, University of Stuttgart, Allmandring 31, D 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
Biotechnol Bioeng 99:1170-85. 2008..of metabolic fluxes was developed and applied to determine intracellular fluxes in glycolysis, pentose phosphate pathway (PPP), and citric acid cycle (TCA) in Escherichia coli grown in aerobic, glucose-limited chemostat ..
- Retooling Leishmania metabolism: from sand fly gut to human macrophageDoron Rosenzweig
Faculty of Biology, Technion Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa 32000, Israel
FASEB J 22:590-602. 2008..These changes occur while promastigotes undergo morphological transformation. Our findings provide new insight into changes occurring in single-cell organisms during a developmental process...
- The fate of glucose during the period of decreased metabolism after fluid percussion injury: a 13C NMR studyBrenda L Bartnik
UCLA Brain Injury Research Center, Division of Neurosurgery, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles California, USA
J Neurotrauma 24:1079-92. 2007..The percentage of glucose metabolism through the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) increased in the injured (13%) and contralateral (11%) cortex at 3...
- Carbohydrate metabolism in Dioscorea esculenta (Lour.) Burk. tubers and Curcuma longa L. rhizomes during two phases of dormancyR Panneerselvam
Stress Physiology Laboratory, Department of Botany, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar 608002, Tamil Nadu, India
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 59:59-66. 2007..enzymes of starch degradation, respiration, glycolysis, tricarboxylic acid (TCA) cycle and oxidative pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) were studied during 1-70 days after harvest (DAH)...
- Adaptation of energy metabolism in breast cancer brain metastasesEmily I Chen
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cancer Res 67:1472-86. 2007..The cells further showed enhanced activation of the pentose phosphate pathway and the glutathione system, which can minimize production of reactive oxygen species resulting from an ..
- Matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry for metabolic flux analyses using isotope-labeled ethanolKlaus Hollemeyer
Biochemical Engineering Institute, Im Stadtwald, Bldg A 1 5, Saarland University, D 66123 Saarbrucken, Germany
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:336-42. 2007..3%...
- Metabolic network analysis on Phaffia rhodozyma yeast using 13C-labeled glucose and gas chromatography-mass spectrometryChristopher Cannizzaro
Laboratory of Chemical and Biochemical Engineering, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Metab Eng 6:340-51. 2004..GC-MS, were in accordance with a metabolic network consisting of the Embden-Meyerhof-Parnas pathway, the pentose phosphate pathway, and the TCA cycle...
- Metabolic flux analysis based on 13C-labeling experiments and integration of the information with gene and protein expression patternsKazuyuki Shimizu
Department of Biochemical Engineering and Science, Kyushu Institute of Technology, Iizuka, Fukuoka 820 8502, Japan
Adv Biochem Eng Biotechnol 91:1-49. 2004....
- Protein S-thiolation targets glycolysis and protein synthesis in response to oxidative stress in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeDaniel Shenton
Department of Biomolecular Sciences, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology UMIST, P O Box 88, Manchester M60 1QD, UK
Biochem J 374:513-9. 2003..dehydrogenase or 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase, the enzymes that catalyse NADPH production via the pentose phosphate pathway. Thus the inhibition of glycolytic flux is proposed to result in glucose equivalents entering the ..
- The stable isotope-based dynamic metabolic profile of butyrate-induced HT29 cell differentiationJoan Boren
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Centre Recerca en Química Teòrica Parc Cientific de Barcelona, Institut d Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, University of Barcelona, Marti i Franques 1, 08028 Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
J Biol Chem 278:28395-402. 2003....
- Failure to increase glucose consumption through the pentose-phosphate pathway results in the death of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase gene-deleted mouse embryonic stem cells subjected to oxidative stressStefania Filosa
IGB Adriano Buzzati Traverso CNR, Via G Marconi 12, 80125 Napoli, Italy
Biochem J 370:935-43. 2003..Moreover, bacterial G6PD can substitute for the human enzyme, strongly suggesting that a relatively simple mechanism of enzyme kinetics underlies this phenomenon...
- Genealogy profiling through strain improvement by using metabolic network analysis: metabolic flux genealogy of several generations of lysine-producing corynebacteriaChristoph Wittmann
Biochemical Engineering Institute, Saarland University, Saarbruecken, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:5843-59. 2002..The relative pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) flux successively increased, clearly corresponding to the product yield...
- Fermented wheat germ extract inhibits glycolysis/pentose cycle enzymes and induces apoptosis through poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activation in Jurkat T-cell leukemia tumor cellsBegona Comin-Anduix
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, CeRQT PCB at Barcelona Scientific Park, University of Barcelona, 1 Marti i Franquès, Barcelona 08028, Spain
J Biol Chem 277:46408-14. 2002..02 mg/ml) for peripheral blood lymphocytes to induce a biological response, which provides the broad therapeutic window for this supplemental cancer treatment modality with no toxic effects...
- O(2)-dependent stimulation of the pentose phosphate pathway by S-nitrosocysteine in human erythrocytesFrancesco Misiti
Istituto di Biochimica e Biochimica Clinica, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore L go F Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:829-34. 2002..In particular, glucose metabolised through the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) was higher in treated erythrocytes than in untreated cells only at high O(2) pressure...
- Accelerated rates of glycolysis in the hypertrophied heart: are they a methodological artifact?Hon Sing Leong
McDonald Research Laboratories The iCAPTUR, University of British Columbia St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6Z 1Y6
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 282:E1039-45. 2002..However, nonglycolytic detritiation of [5-(3)H]glucose via the nonoxidative pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) could potentially lead to an overestimation of true glycolytic rates, especially in hypertrophied ..
- Metabolic flux responses to pyruvate kinase knockout in Escherichia coliMarcel Emmerling
Institute of Biotechnology, ETH Zurich, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 184:152-64. 2002..Responses in the pentose phosphate pathway and the tricarboxylic acid cycle were strongly dependent on the environmental conditions...
- Bacillus subtilis metabolism and energetics in carbon-limited and excess-carbon chemostat cultureM Dauner
Institute of Biotechnology, , , Switzerland
J Bacteriol 183:7308-17. 2001..ATP-dependent control of in vivo enzyme activity appears to be irrelevant for the observed differences in TCA cycle fluxes...
- Influences of pH on human platelet metabolismJ M Baker
School of Biosciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Platelets 12:333-42. 2001..The rate of the oxidative pentose phosphate pathway also increased with increasing pH and this pathway was inhibited by both acetate and propionate...
- [5-3H]glucose overestimates glycolytic flux in isolated working rat heart: role of the pentose phosphate pathwayG W Goodwin
Division of Cardiology, University of Texas-Houston Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 280:E502-8. 2001We set out to study the pentose phosphate pathway (PPP) in isolated rat hearts perfused with [5-3H]glucose and [1-14C]glucose or [6-14C]glucose (crossover study with 1- then 6- or 6- then 1-14C-labeled glucose)...
- A flux model of glycolysis and the oxidative pentosephosphate pathway in developing Brassica napus embryosJorg Schwender
Department of Plant Biology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan 48824, USA
J Biol Chem 278:29442-53. 2003..metabolic flux model was developed and tested for the reaction network of glycolysis and the oxidative pentose phosphate pathway (OPPP)...
- Transcriptional profiling of gene expression in response to glucose in Bacillus subtilis: regulation of the central metabolic pathwaysHans Matti Blencke
Lehrstuhl fur Mikrobiologie, Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Biochemie und Genetik der Friedrich Alexander Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, Staudtstr 5, D 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Metab Eng 5:133-49. 2003..The genes encoding enzymes of the pentose phosphate pathway are expressed both in the presence and the absence of glucose, as suggested by the central role of this ..
- From genome to enzyme: analysis of key glycolytic and oxidative pentose-phosphate pathway enzymes in the cyanobacterium Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803Vicki L Knowles
Department of Biology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6 Canada
Plant Cell Physiol 44:758-63. 2003..Immunoblot and kinetic studies indicated that irrespective of nutritional mode, the Synechocystis PK corresponds to a PK-A (AMP activated) rather than PK-F (fructose-1,6-bisphosphate activated)...
- Human sebaceous glands engage in aerobic glycolysis and glutaminolysisM M T Downie
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, University of Cambridge, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Box 232, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QR, UK
Br J Dermatol 151:320-7. 2004..The skin and its appendages support aerobic glycolytic and glutaminolytic metabolism. Their major fuels are glucose and glutamine, which are, however, largely catabolized anaerobically...
- Phenotypic characterization of glucose repression mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae using experiments with 13C-labelled glucoseVijayendran Raghevendran
Centre for Microbial Biotechnology, BioCentrum DTU, Building 223, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby DK 2800, Denmark
Yeast 21:769-79. 2004..Furthermore, deletion of the genes MIG1, MIG1/MIG2 and REG1 did not result in a significant change in the phenotype at the fluxome level...
- Effects of exposure to a simulated altitude of 5500 m on energy metabolic pathways in ratsL C Ou
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 141:59-71. 2004..On the other hand, enhanced fatty acid metabolism may spare carbohydrate for metabolic fuel under conditions of extreme hypoxic limitation...
- The Bacillus subtilis yqjI gene encodes the NADP+-dependent 6-P-gluconate dehydrogenase in the pentose phosphate pathwayNicola Zamboni
Institute of Biotechnology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Bacteriol 186:4528-34. 2004....
- The pentose phosphate pathway in Trypanosoma cruziDante A Maugeri
Instituto de Investigaciones Biotecnológicas INTECH, Universidad Nacional de General San Martin CONICET, Av Gral Paz s n, INTI, Edificio 24, Av General Paz y Albarellos, Casilla de Correo 30, 1650 San Martin, Buenos Aires, Argentina
FEMS Microbiol Lett 234:117-23. 2004The pentose phosphate pathway has been studied in Trypanosoma cruzi, Clone CL Brener. Functioning of the pathway was demonstrated in epimastigotes by measuring the evolution of (14)CO(2) from [1-(14)C] or [6-(14)C]D-glucose...
- Coenzyme specificity of enzymes in the oxidative pentose phosphate pathway of Gluconobacter oxydansNaoto Tonouchi
AminoScience Laboratories, Ajinomoto Co, Inc, Kawasaki shi, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 67:2648-51. 2003The coenzyme specificity of enzymes in the oxidative pentose phosphate pathway of Gluconobacter oxydans was investigated...
- Global metabolic response of Escherichia coli to gnd or zwf gene-knockout, based on 13C-labeling experiments and the measurement of enzyme activitiesJ Zhao
Metabolome Unit, Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Keio University, Tsuruoka, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 64:91-8. 2004..how the central metabolism of Escherichia coli changes with the knockout of genes in the oxidative pentose phosphate pathway (PPP)...
- [Kinetic parameters of androgen receptor complexes and the activities of the glycolysis and oxidative pentose phosphate pathway key enzymes in rat testis cytosol after whole body 60-min exposure to high frequency electromagnetic field (39.5 Ghz)]E F Kopoplia
Institute of Radiobiology, Belarus National Academs of Sciences, Minsk, 220141 Belarus
Radiats Biol Radioecol 43:535-7. 2003..68-fold reduced in relation to the control; through 1-month after exposure the rising of [RA] (123%) was registered; however, to 3-month term the significant fall (1.42 times) of the RA contents in testicular cytosol persisted...
- Biosynthesis of camptothecin. In silico and in vivo tracer study from [1-13C]glucoseYasuyo Yamazaki
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1 33 Yayoi cho, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Plant Physiol 134:161-70. 2004..This study provides the innovative example for how a computer-aided comprehensive metabolic analysis will refine the experimental design to obtain more precise biological information...
- Evidences of high carbon catabolic enzyme activities during sporulation of Pleurotus ostreatus (Florida)Tapas K Chakraborty
Indian Institute of Chemical Biology, 4 Raja S C Mullick Road, Kolkata 700 032, India
J Basic Microbiol 43:462-7. 2003..Enzymes of the pentose phosphate pathway always showed lower specific activities as compared to those of the enzymes of the glycolytic pathway...
- Metabolic strategy of boar spermatozoa revealed by a metabolomic characterizationSilvia Marin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Barcelona, c Marti i Franques 1, Barcelona 08028, Spain
FEBS Lett 554:342-6. 2003..In contrast to the known metabolic activities in dog sperm, boar spermatozoa have low levels of energy production and biosynthetic activities suggesting two different metabolic profiles for the two different phenotypes...
- Metabolic analysis of acetate accumulation during xylose consumption by Paenibacillus polymyxaB Marwoto
Department of Molecular Biotechnology, Hiroshima University, Graduate School of Advanced Sciences of Matter, 1 3 1, 739 8530 Kagamiyama, Higashi Hiroshima, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 64:112-9. 2004..In fed-batch culture on xylose, glucose feeding raised the butanediol yield to 0.56 mol/mol sugar and reduced acetate accumulation to 0.04 mol/mol sugar...
- Analysis of Escherichia coli anaplerotic metabolism and its regulation mechanisms from the metabolic responses to altered dilution rates and phosphoenolpyruvate carboxykinase knockoutChen Yang
Metabolome Unit, Institute for Advanced Biosciences, Keio University, Tsuruoka 997 0017, Japan
Biotechnol Bioeng 84:129-44. 2003..Combining the measurement data of in vivo fluxes, metabolite concentrations and enzyme activities, the in vivo regulations of PEP carboxykinase flux, PEP carboxylation, and glyoxylate shunt in E. coli are discussed...
- Stress responses in alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.) XIX. Transcriptional activation of oxidative pentose phosphate pathway genes at the onset of the isoflavonoid phytoalexin responseT Fahrendorf
Plant Biology Division, Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, Ardmore, OK 73401, USA
Plant Mol Biol 28:885-900. 1995We have isolated cDNA clones encoding the pentose phosphate pathway enzymes 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase (6PGDH, EC 22.214.171.124) and glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PDH, EC 126.96.36.199) from alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.)...