Genomes and Genes
graft vs host reaction
Summary: An immunological attack mounted by a graft against the host because of tissue incompatibility when immunologically competent cells are transplanted to an immunologically incompetent host; the resulting clinical picture is that of GRAFT VS HOST DISEASE.
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- In situ dissection of the graft-versus-host activities of cytotoxic T cells specific for minor histocompatibility antigensAnne M Dickinson
University Department of Haematology, Royal Victoria Infirmary, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Nat Med 8:410-4. 2002..These results provide the first in situ dissection of GvH effects by mHag-specific CTLs and show that ubiquitously expressed mHags are the prime targets of GvH disease...
- Expression of chemokines in GVHD target organs is influenced by conditioning and genetic factors and amplified by GVHRMarkus Y Mapara
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Bone Marrow Transplantation Section, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:623-34. 2006....
- Partial HLA matching and RH incompatibility resulting in graft versus host reaction and Evans syndrome after liver transplantationCelia Grosskreutz
Bone Marrow Transplantation Program, Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Am J Hematol 83:599-601. 2008..HLA typing was critical in confirming this rare diagnosis and elucidating its cause. Recipients of solid organs from donors that are partially matched in the direction of rejection may need to be closely monitored for GVHD...
- Passenger lymphocyte syndrome with severe hemolytic anemia due to an anti-Jk(a) after allogeneic PBPC transplantationA Leo
Institute for Immunology and the Department of Internal Medicine, University Clinics of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Transfusion 40:632-6. 2000..After allogeneic peripheral blood progenitor cell (PBPC) transplantation, a patient developed a severe hemolytic transfusion reaction due to passenger lymphocyte syndrome...
- Influence of T-cell depletion on chronic graft-versus-host disease: results of a multicenter randomized trial in unrelated marrow donor transplantationSteven Z Pavletic
University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, USA
Blood 106:3308-13. 2005..In spite of a significant reduction of acute GVHD, TCD did not reduce the incidence of cGVHD or improve survival in patients who developed cGVHD...
- The role of hematopoietic stem cells in the treatment of ovarian cancerA Perillo
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Panminerva Med 44:197-204. 2002..Perspectives in the use of HSC in oncology comprise the possibility of an HSC ex vivo expansion, the use of umbilical cord blood HSC, and the development of future HSC-based gene-therapy programs...
- Correlation of donor-derived keratinocytes and severity of graft-versus-host disease (GVHD) in epidermisDaisuke Niino
Department of Molecular Pathology, Atomic Bomb Disease Institute, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki, Japan
Pathol Res Pract 200:775-81. 2005..We hypothesize that donor-derived stem cells may play a role in the regeneration of damaged keratinocytes in GVHD...
- Graft-versus-host reactions and the effectiveness of donor lymphocyte infusionsCarol Ann Huff
Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:414-21. 2006..However, with the exception of CML, most patients die of their underlying disease because of insufficient antitumor activity even with active GVHD...
- Graft rejection after unrelated donor hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for thalassemia is associated with nonpermissive HLA-DPB1 disparity in host-versus-graft directionKatharina Fleischhauer
Oncoematologia Pediatrica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, P le Golgi 2, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Blood 107:2984-92. 2006..82; P = .01). These data suggest that in patients with thalassemia, the incidence of graft failure after HSCT may be reduced by appropriate selection of UDs, with such selection taking into account the functional rules of immunogenetics...
- Levels of anti-A/B antibodies after ABO-incompatible hematopoietic stem cell transplantationG Stussi
Laboratory for Transplantation Immunology, University Hospital of Zurich, Switzerland
Transplant Proc 37:1385-7. 2005..Thus, there is no evidence for stimulation of donor B lymphocytes to produce antirecipient antibodies suggesting a potential B cell tolerance...
- Haploidentical donor T cells fail to facilitate engraftment but lessen the immune response of host T cells in murine fetal transplantationJeng Chang Chen
Fetal Treatment Center, Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0793, USA
Br J Haematol 126:377-84. 2004..The persistence of donor cells in the peritoneal cavity also correlated with tolerance induction...
- Chimerism studies in HLA-identical nonmyeloablative hematopoietic stem cell transplantation point to the donor CD8(+) T-cell count on day + 14 as a predictor of acute graft-versus-host diseaseSøren L Petersen
Department of Hematology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:337-46. 2004..A donor CD8(+) T-cell count above the median on day +14 increased the risk of subsequent development of aGVHD grades II to IV (P =.003)...
- Dissociation of putative graft-versus-haematopoiesis and graft-versus-myeloma effects in patients with rapidly progressive multiple myelomaThomas Luft
Department of Hematology and Rheumatology, University of Heidelberg, Poliklinik and Medizinische Klinik V, Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Haematol 123:646-53. 2003..Secondly, the graft-versus-myeloma effect that induced CR did not correlate with FDC but was associated with grade III-IV GvHD in our group of heavily pretreated patients...
- A broad T-cell repertoire diversity and an efficient thymic function indicate a favorable long-term immune reconstitution after cord blood stem cell transplantationKimmo Talvensaari
Laboratoire d Immunologie et d Histocompatibilité, INSERM U 396, Institut Universitaire d Hématologie Service d Hématologie Greffe de Moelle, Hopital Saint Louis, AP HP, Paris, France
Blood 99:1458-64. 2002..These data indicate an efficient thymic regeneration pathway from CB lymphoid progenitors despite the low number of cells infused compared to bone marrow, arguing for a complete clinical immune recovery after CB transplantation...
- Non-myeloablative hematopoietic stem cell transplantationM Maris
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, United States
Transfus Clin Biol 8:231-4. 2001....
- Expression patterns of vascular endothelial growth factor in human cardiac allografts: association with rejectionMarlies E J Reinders
Department of Medicine, and Department of Pediatrics Children s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Transplantation 76:224-30. 2003..However, little is known of the expression or function of VEGF in acute and chronic allograft rejection...
- Differential CD52 expression by distinct myeloid dendritic cell subsets: implications for alemtuzumab activity at the level of antigen presentation in allogeneic graft-host interactions in transplantationGudrun Ratzinger
Laboratory of Cellular Immunobiology, Department of Medicine, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Blood 101:1422-9. 2003..Whether these results support a separation of deleterious from beneficial graft-host interactions at the level of antigen presentation, rather than solely at the level of T cells, will require further evaluation...
- Regulation of alloimmune responses (GvH reactions) in vitro by autologous donor bone marrow cell preparation used in clinical organ transplantationJames M Mathew
Department of Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, Florida 33136, USA
Transplantation 74:846-55. 2002..Therefore, we questioned whether an intrinsic immunoregulatory function of (subpopulations of) DBMC might play a role in this observation...
- The flavonoid Kaempferol suppresses the graft-versus-host reaction by inhibiting type 1 cytokine production and CD8+ T cell engraftmentIwao Okamoto
Fujisaki Institute, Hayashibara Biochemical Laboratories, Incorporated, Japan
Clin Immunol 103:132-44. 2002..Thus, our study indicates that Kaempferol has the capacity to modulate the Th1/Th2 balance and could be useful for the treatment of cell-mediated immune diseases, such as acute GVHD...
- Interleukin-10 modulation of alloreactivity and graft-versus-host reactionsXiao Nong Wang
Department of Haematology, School of Clinical and Laboratory Sciences, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Transplantation 74:772-8. 2002..This study aims to demonstrate, for the first time, whether the addition of exogenous IL-10 can reduce the severity of graft-versus-host reactions (GvHR) in humans...
- Separating graft-versus-tumor from graft-versus-host reactionsA B T Fassas
Myeloma and Transplantation Research Center, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock 72205, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 43:725-33. 2002....
- Syngeneic graft-versus-host disease: a report of two cases and literature reviewT Latif
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Taussig Cancer Center, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 32:535-9. 2003..The current report reviews these cases and presents two additional cases of severe SGVHD that have occurred at our institution...
- Single-cell cloning of human, donor-derived antileukemia T-cell lines for in vitro separation of graft-versus-leukemia effect from graft-versus-host reactionDaniela Montagna
Department of Pediatrics, Laboratory of Immunology, University of Pavia, Italy
Cancer Res 66:7310-6. 2006....
- Vascularized lymph node transplantation induces graft-versus-host disease in chimeric hostsCedric G Francois
Plastic Surgery Research, Department of Surgery, University of Louisville, KY, USA
Transplantation 81:1435-41. 2006..The purpose of this study was to establish the role of the cellular fraction versus the microenvironment of LNs in the development of GVHD in this model...
- The allogeneic effect revisited: exogenous help for endogenous, tumor-specific T cellsHeather J Symons
Division of Cancer Immunology, Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:499-509. 2008..These events provide the cellular mechanism of the "allogeneic effect" in antitumor immunity. Cy + CD8(-) DLI may be an effective and minimally toxic strategy for awakening the host immune response to advanced cancers...
- Correlation of Hsp70-1 and Hsp70-2 gene expression with the degree of graft-versus-host reaction in a rat skin explant modelPeter Novota
Department of Cellular and Molecular Immunology, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Transplantation 85:1809-16. 2008..New molecular markers of GVHR might help to further increase the predictive value of the assay...
- The use of H-2 mutants as models for the study of T cell activationI F McKenzie
Immunol Rev 35:179-230. 1977
- [The experience in non-relative allogenic transplantation of stem hemopoietic cells in the Clinic of Bone Marrow Transplantation at I.P. Pavlov St-Petersburg Medical Academy]B V Afanas'iev
Ter Arkh 79:36-43. 2007..P. Pavlov St-Petersburg Medical Academy for the period 2000-2006...
- The H-2 major histocompatibility complex and the I immune response region: genetic variation, function, and organizationD C Shreffler
Adv Immunol 20:125-95. 1975
- Therapy of relapsed Hodgkin lymphomaAmanda F Cashen
Division of Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Blood Rev 21:233-43. 2007..New salvage regimens that incorporate gemcitabine, vinorelbine, rituximab, and/or monoclonal antibodies against CD30 are being investigated...
- Deficiency in the thymus-dependent immunity in "lethargic" mutant miceH C Dung
Transplantation 23:39-43. 1977..Implications of these results in understanding the immunological status of lethargic mice were considered...
- Graft-versus-host disease: a surge of developmentsStanley R Riddell
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS Med 4:e198. 2007
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation: progress and obstaclesM Devetten
University of Nebraska Medical Center, 987680 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 7680, USA
Ann Oncol 18:1450-6. 2007..Long-term complications are starting to emerge, and will gain in importance in the near future...
- [Haploidentical 2- or 3-antigen-mismatched hematopoietic stem cell transplantation using in vivo Campath-1H]Yoshinobu Kanda
Rinsho Ketsueki 47:607-17. 2006
- An inflammatory checkpoint regulates recruitment of graft-versus-host reactive T cells to peripheral tissuesRonjon Chakraverty
Transplantation Biology Research Center, Bone Marrow Transplantation Section, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02129, USA
J Exp Med 203:2021-31. 2006..Our studies help to explain the paradox whereby GVH-reactive T cells can mediate graft-versus-leukemia responses without inducing GVHD in established MCs...
- Chimerism studies as an approach for the induction of tolerance to extremity allograftsKeiichi Muramatsu
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Yamaguchi, Japan
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:1009-15. 2008..In this review, recent experimental chimerism studies are presented for tolerance induction and we review the prospect of clinical applicability in extremity allograft...
- Response of murine and normal human skin to injection of allogeneic blood-derived psoriatic immunocytes: detection of T cells expressing receptors typically present on natural killer cells, including CD94, CD158, and CD161B J Nickoloff
Department of Pathology, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University of Chicago, Maywood, Ill 60153, USA
Arch Dermatol 135:546-52. 1999....
- Suppressor function of hepatic mononuclear inflammatory cells during murine chronic graft-vs-host disease. I. Macrophage-enriched cells mediate suppression in the liverC D Howell
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver
Cell Immunol 132:256-68. 1991..T cells contributed to the suppressor activity of both populations. However, the suppressor activity of hepatic MC was mediated largely by a macrophage-enriched population of MC while that of splenic MC was mediated largely by NS cells...
- Contribution of regulatory T cells and effector T cell deletion in tolerance induction by costimulation blockadeBert Verbinnen
Division of Clinical Immunology, University Hospital, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
J Immunol 181:1034-42. 2008..At later time points (>30 days after splenocyte transfer), clonal deletion of host-reactive T cells was found to be a major mechanism responsible for tolerance...
- JTA-009, a fully human antibody against human AILIM/ICOS, ameliorates graft-vs-host reaction in SCID mice grafted with human PBMCsNobuyuki Tajima
Biological and Pharmacological Laboratories Central Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Takatsuki, Japan
Exp Hematol 36:1514-23. 2008..In the present study, the role of human AILIM/ICOS in T-cell function was investigated using a fully human monoclonal antibody specific to human AILIM/ICOS (JTA-009)...
- Thrombotic complications after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation: early and late effectsDimitrios A Tsakiris
Department of Haematology, University Hospital Basel, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 22:137-45. 2009..This chapter will discuss the incidence, possible causative associations and treatment options of early and late thrombotic events after haematopoietic stem cell transplantation...
- Bone marrow aplasia induced by passenger leukocytes from heart allograftsS Ko
, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Exp Hematol 29:339-44. 2001..The study shows that, under defined conditions, allogeneic passenger leukocytes in a heart graft can have a profound effect on the recipient's immune system and bone marrow...
- After discontinuation of calcineurin inhibitors, tapering of mycophenolate mofetil further impairs donor-directed cytotoxicityNicole M van Besouw
Department of Internal Medicine Transplantation, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Transplant 22:129-35. 2008....
- Unexpected role of TNF-alpha in graft versus host reaction (GVHR): donor-derived TNF-alpha suppresses GVHR via inhibition of IFN-gamma-dependent donor type-1 immunitySatoshi Yamamoto
Division of Immunoregulation, Institute for Genetic Medicine, School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Int Immunol 16:811-7. 2004..Our findings demonstrate, for the first time, that donor-derived TNF-alpha suppress GVHR by inhibiting IFN-gamma-dependent donor type-1 immunity which is essential for host TNF-alpha elevation...
- [Immunology--risk management in the body]D Kabelitz
Institut fur Immunologie, Universitätsklinikum Schleswig Holstein Campus Kiel
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 130:1563-5. 2005
- Blockade of IL-6-signaling inhibits the pathogenesis of CD4+ T cell-mediated lethal graft-versus-host reaction against minor histocompatibility antigenDaisuke Noguchi
Division of Immunoregulation, Section of Disease Control, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo, Japan
Immunol Lett 136:146-55. 2011....
- Minimal change disease: a CD80 podocytopathy?Takuji Ishimoto
Division of Renal Diseases and Hypertension, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Semin Nephrol 31:320-5. 2011..These findings lead us to suggest that proteinuria in minimal change disease is caused by persistent CD80 expression in podocytes, possibly initiated by stimulation of these cells by antigens or cytokines...
- Tuna cornea as biomaterial for cardiac applicationsRoberto Parravicini
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, 41124 Modena, Italy
Tex Heart Inst J 39:179-83. 2012..We conclude that low antigenicity and favorable physical properties qualify tuna cornea as a potential material for durable bioimplantation. Further study is warranted...
- Production of colony-stimulating factor in mixed leucocyte culturesJ W Parker
Immunology 26:1039-49. 1974
- Bone marrow transplantsI M Anderson
Proc R Soc Med 68:577-8. 1975
- Incomplete restoration of the bursa-dependent immune system after transplantation of allogeneic stem cells into immunodeficient chicksP Toivanen
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 71:957-61. 1974..This identity permits a full cooperation of the donor and host cells...
- Outcomes of transplantation in children with acute leukaemiaVanderson Rocha
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit and Clinical Research Laboratory on Cell Therapy and Department of Haematology, Hopital Saint Louis, 75010 Paris, France
Lancet 369:1906-8. 2007
- CD8+ immunoregulatory cells in the graft-versus-host reaction: CD8 T cells activate dendritic cells to secrete interleukin-12/interleukin-18 and induce T helper 1 autoantibodyAlistair Noble
Department of Immunology, Guy s, King s and St Thomas School of Medicine, King s College London, London, UK
Immunology 109:476-86. 2003..This pathway could provide a means for amplification of cell-mediated autoimmunity in the absence of microbial stimuli...
- Differential roles of IL-1 and TNF-alpha on graft-versus-host disease and graft versus leukemiaG R Hill
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 104:459-67. 1999..These data highlight the importance of conditioning in GVHD pathophysiology, and demonstrate that TNF-alpha is critical to GVL mediated by donor T cells, whereas IL-1 is not...
- Adult human fibroblasts are potent immunoregulatory cells and functionally equivalent to mesenchymal stem cellsMuzlifah A Haniffa
Hematological Sciences, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
J Immunol 179:1595-604. 2007..These results suggest that immunosuppression is a general property of stromal cells and that dermal Fb may provide an alternative and accessible source of cellular therapy...
- [Allogeneic adoptive immunotherapy]P Tiberghien
Inserm EPI 0119 Upres EA 2284, Etablissement Français du Sang Bourgogne Franche Comté, Universite de Franche Comte, 1, Boulevard Alexandre Fleming, BP 1937, 25020 cedex, Besancon, France
Transfus Clin Biol 10:170-4. 2003..Such a transplant modality is now perceived has a very efficient form of adoptive allogeneic immunotherapy unfortunately associated with significant toxicity...
- Effects of in-vivo administration of a monoclonal antibody specific for the interleukin-2 receptor on the acute graft-versus-host reaction in miceH D Volk
Clin Exp Immunol 66:126-31. 1986..MoAb directed against antigens whose expression is restricted to activated lymphocytes, such as the IL-2 receptor, might become useful for a short term immunosuppression with limited side effects...
- Trekrezan as a modulator of hemato- and immunopoiesesO P Kolesnikova
Favorskii Institute of Chemistry, Siberian Division, Russian Academy of Sciences, ul Favorskogo 1, Irkutsk, 664033 Russia
Dokl Biol Sci 391:306-8. 2003
- A novel peripheral CD4+ CD8+ T cell population: inheritance of CD8alpha expression on CD4+ T cellsM Luhtala
Turku Immunology Center, Department of Medical Microbiology, Turku University, Finland
Eur J Immunol 27:189-93. 1997..The hereditary expression of CD8alpha on peripheral CD4+ T cells in chicken provides a unique model in which to study the regulation of CD4 and CD8 expression...
- Prevention of graft rejection and graft-versus-host reaction by a novel immunosuppressant, FTY720, in rat small bowel transplantationM Mitsusada
Department of Experimental Surgery and Bioengineering, National Children s Medical Research Center, Tokyo, Japan
Transpl Int 10:343-9. 1997..Thus, FTY720 would appear to be an ideal drug to combine with CyA in order to control the immune reaction after SBT...
- Augmentation of cellular immunity by kigamicin DToru Masuda
Numazu Bio Medical Research Institute, Microbial Chemistry Research Center, 18 24 Miyamoto, Numazu shi, Shizuoka 410 0301, Japan
J Antibiot (Tokyo) 59:215-9. 2006..Instead, delayed-type hypersensitivity response to sheep red blood cells was stimulated at a broad dosage level. It is concluded that kigamicin D increases cellular immunity to specific antigen...
- Bone marrow transplantation for leukemia and aplastic anemia: management of ABO incompatibilityJ E Curtis
Can Med Assoc J 126:649-55. 1982..Marrow transplantation, when possible, is the treatment of choice for young patients with acute leukemia in remission and for patients with aplastic anemia. Marrow transplantation may also prove to be effective in patients with CML...
- In the absence of a CD40 signal, B cells are tolerogenicJ E Buhlmann
Department of Microbiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, New Hampshire 03756, USA
Immunity 2:645-53. 1995..These studies provide insights into the tolerogenic capacity of resting B cells and outlines a practical approach to exploit this function...
- Case of a patient with progressive adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma treated successfully by reduced-intensity conditioning stem cell transplantation from an HLA-incompatible related donorHiroshi Fujiwara
Division of Hematology Immunology, Internal Medicine, Kagoshima University Hospital, Japan
Int J Hematol 82:357-61. 2005..In addition, basiliximab combined with MMF may be effective for the treatment of steroid-refractory skin GVHD without deteriorating the graft-versus-ATL effect...
- Differential sensitivity of T lymphocytes and hematopoietic precursor cells to photochemotherapy with 8-methoxypsoralen and ultraviolet A lightMohamed Mabed
Hematology and Medical Oncology Unit, Faculty of Medicine, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt
Ann Hematol 85:17-24. 2006..Taken together, these data show that ex vivo 8-MOP plus UV-A treatment of the marrow graft cannot be used to prevent post-bone marrow transplantation alloreactivity...
- Tumor-immune memory T cells from the bone marrow exert GvL without GvH reactivity in advanced metastasized cancerVolker Schirrmacher
German Cancer Research Center, Division of Cellular Immunology, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Oncol 27:1141-9. 2005..Bone marrow cells from naive donor mice or T cell depleted iBM cells were completely devoid of GvL reactivity. The low number of tumor-immune memory T cells thus conferred the GvL reactivity of iBM cells...
- c-Fos expression in the rat cerebral cortex during systemic GvH reactionHiromu Furukawa
Second Department of Anatomy, Hamamatsu University, School of Medicine, Hamamatsu, Japan
Neuroimmunomodulation 11:425-33. 2004..host reaction (GvHR) in rats...
- Lymphokine activity production in graft-versus-host reactions across minor histocompatibility antigen barriersM Hirokawa
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 77:434-9. 1989..Also, the character of lymphokine-producing T cells activated by minor HA may not be qualitatively different from those responding to irradiated syngeneic cells...
- The thymus in GVHD pathophysiologyWerner Krenger
Laboratory of Pediatric Immunology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 21:119-28. 2008..The present review focuses on recent insight into how GVHD affects thymic function and how this knowledge aides the design of new strategies to improve immune reconstitution following allogeneic HSCT...
- Induction of corneal graft rejection by passive cell transferA A Khodadoust
Invest Ophthalmol 15:89-95. 1976..The specificity of these reactions is illustrated in terms of the histocompatibility relationships between corneal donor, graft recipient, and the donor of the sensitized lymphoid cells...
- Thalidomide, a drug which may protect the organism against some aggressive effects of the immunologic systemG Mathe
Biomed Pharmacother 56:1-3. 2002
- Immunotherapy by non-myeloablative stem cell transplantation: study of the immune reconstitution. Arguments for distinct cell subsets in skin and bloodF Garban
Department of Haematology, CHU de Grenoble, 38043 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Hematol J 1:274-81. 2000..However, the immunological mechanisms involved and the immune reconstitution achieved have not been investigated...
- Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis: frozen-section diagnosisHiroomi Hosaka
Department of Dermatology, Showa University School of Medicine, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Dermatol 37:407-12. 2010..Frozen sections are useful not only to make a diagnosis of erythema multiforme but to assess a potential to exhibit more aggressive clinical behaviors (SJS or TEN)...
- Ectopically expressed PIR-B on T cells constitutively binds to MHC class I and attenuates T helper type 1 responsesMichiyo Imada
Department of Experimental Immunology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan
Int Immunol 21:1151-61. 2009..Our findings suggest that T cell expression of PIR-B with the cis-interacting MHC class I is strictly prohibited in periphery so as to secure prompt immune responses...
- Competing risks regression for clustered dataBingqing Zhou
Division of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Biostatistics 13:371-83. 2012..A simulation study evidences that the inferential procedures perform well with realistic sample sizes. The practical utility of the methods is illustrated with data from the European Bone Marrow Transplant Registry...
- Purine nucleoside phosphorylase inhibitor BCX-1777 (Immucillin-H)--a novel potent and orally active immunosuppressive agentS Bantia
Department of Biological Sciences, BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc, 2190 Parkway Lake Drive, Suite B, Birmingham, AL 35244, USA
Int Immunopharmacol 1:1199-210. 2001..Furthermore, these dGuo levels are also required for in vitro T-cell inhibition by BCX-1777. Thus, BCX-1777 represents a novel class of selective immunosuppressive agents that could have therapeutic utility in various T-cell disorders...
- Regulatory T cells inhibit CD8(+) T-cell tissue invasion in human skin graft-versus-host reactionsEmily Mavin
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Transplantation 94:456-64. 2012..This study investigates whether Treg prevention of GVH tissue damage is associated with blocking CD8 effector T-cell tissue invasion, a question not yet addressed in humans...
- Patients with early relapse of primary hemophagocytic syndromes or with persistent CNS involvement may benefit from immediate hematopoietic stem cell transplantationM Sparber-Sauer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Bone Marrow Transplant 44:333-8. 2009..Our findings indicate that HSCT can have a favorable prognosis even in patients with active disease of primary hemophagocytic syndrome...
- Two days of antithymocyte globulin are associated with a reduced incidence of acute and chronic graft-versus-host disease in reduced-intensity conditioning transplantation for hematologic diseasesRoberto Crocchiolo
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Paoli Calmettes Institute, Marseille, France
Cancer 119:986-92. 2013..ATG plays a pivotal role in the prevention of graft-versus-host disease (GvHD), but it is associated with a higher relapse rate and an elevated incidence of infections when high doses are used...
- A new approach to the blocking of alloreactive T cell-mediated graft-versus-host disease by in vivo administration of anti-CXCR3 neutralizing antibodyShan He
Institute of Health Sciences and Shanghai Institute of Immunology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
J Immunol 181:7581-92. 2008..Thus, we have established a novel and effective approach with the potential to give rise to new clinical methods for preventing and treating GVHD after allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation...
- Antigen-specific T cell sensitization is impaired in IL-17-deficient mice, causing suppression of allergic cellular and humoral responsesSusumu Nakae
Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo, Japan
Immunity 17:375-87. 2002..Our findings indicate that IL-17 plays an important role in activating T cells in allergen-specific T cell-mediated immune responses...
- Activation of CD4+ and CD8+ lymphocyte subsets by streptozotocin in the popliteal lymph node assay. II. Comparison with acute graft-vs-host reaction in H-2 incompatible F1 mouse hybridsK Krzystyniak
Laboratoire d'Immunotoxicologie, INSERM U80, , Lyon, France
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 14:865-82. 1992..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Local hypertrophic/hyperplastic changes of keratinizing squamous epithelium of pinna induced by concanavalin A and other immunomodulators in miceK Włodarski
Department of Histology and Embryology, Institute of Biostructure, Medical Academy, Warsaw, Poland
Folia Biol (Praha) 45:217-23. 1999..It is suggested that the same growth factors, which are mediators of local chondrocyte stimulation, are also mediators of keratinocyte activation...
- Evaluation of topical ciclosporin 0.05% for prevention of rejection in high-risk corneal graftsM Unal
Akdeniz University Medical Faculty, Department of Ophthalmology, Antalya, Turkey
Br J Ophthalmol 92:1411-4. 2008..To evaluate the efficacy of combined treatment with commercially available 0.05% topical ciclosporin and topical corticosteroid compared with treatment with topical corticosteroids only after high-risk keratoplasty...
- Human leucocyte antigen-Cw-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes generated from naive cord blood used for cord blood stem cell transplantationMakoto Yazaki
Department of Paediatrics, Nagoya City University Medical School, 1 Kawasumi, Mizuho cho, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
Br J Haematol 117:893-8. 2002....
- Peyer's patch is the essential site in initiating murine acute and lethal graft-versus-host reactionMasako Murai
Department of Molecular Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Japan
Nat Immunol 4:154-60. 2003..Mice deficient for PPs failed to develop a-GVHD in two models of disease induction. Thus, blockade of CTL generation in PPs might offer new strategies for circumventing a-GVHD...
- GVHD pathophysiology: is acute different from chronic?Tomomi Toubai
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1500 East Medical Center Drive, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0942, USA
Best Pract Res Clin Haematol 21:101-17. 2008..In this chapter we briefly discuss and contrast the pathophysiologies of acute and chronic GVHD...
- Total body irradiation-based regimen in the conditioning of patients submitted to haploidentical stem cell transplantationC Aristei
Institute of Radiotherapy Oncology, General Hospital and University, Perugia, Italy
Radiother Oncol 58:247-9. 2001..25+/-0.09 for acute myeloid leukaemia and 0.17+/-0.07 for acute lymphoid leukaemia patients. CONCLUSIONS: This study shows that the main obstacles limiting the use of mismatched transplants, i.e. GvHD and rejection, were overcome...
- Positive and negative selection of T cell repertoires during differentiation in allogeneic bone marrow chimerasKazunori Onoe
Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Transpl Immunol 12:79-88. 2003..In this communication, the contribution of BM chimera systems to the investigation of the world of T-ology is discussed...
- The impact on the developing embryo and newborn animal of adult homologous cellsMorten Simonsen
APMIS 115:510-30; discussion 531-2. 2007
- Graft-versus-host disease after solid organ transplantation: a single center experience and review of literatureAmit Sharma
Department of Transplantation Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, U S A
Ann Transplant 17:133-9. 2012..We describe our single center experience with three cases of GVHD diagnosed over a period of 15 years in a total of 2,271 solid organ transplant recipients...
- Post-transplantation dynamics of the immune response to chronic myelogenous leukemiaRob DeConde
Stanford Medical Informatics, Department of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Theor Biol 236:39-59. 2005..These observations lead to the hypothesis that anti-host T cells benefit from stimulation by general host blood cells, which induce them to proliferate to sufficient levels to eliminate cancer...
- Establishment of cytolytic T lymphocyte clones to epidermal alloantigen Epa-1J D Tyler
Transplantation 34:140-3. 1982..From these observations, we conclude that the CTLs in each of these long-term lines represent the progeny of a single clone whose specificity is directed toward tissue-specific alloantigens...
- Consideration of strategies for hematopoietic cell transplantationIsaac Yaniv
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Schneider Children s Medical Center of Israel, Petach Tikva 49202, Israel
J Autoimmun 33:255-9. 2009..This proposition refocuses the need to develop strategies of immunomodulation without immunosuppression...
- Regulation of human immunoglobulin E synthesis in acute graft versus host diseaseJ A Saryan
J Clin Invest 71:556-64. 1983..These results suggest that acute GVHD is accompanied by an imbalance in IgE-specific immunoregulatory T cells consisting of activated helper T cells and deficient suppressor cells...
- Regulatory T cells contribute to the immunoregulatory effect on graft versus host reaction after liver transplantation in donor-dominant one-way MHC matching ratsFei Xue
Department of Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Surgery, Key Laboratory of Combined Multi organ Transplantation of Ministry of Public Health, Key Laboratory of Organ Transplantation of Zhejiang Province, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Transpl Immunol 20:232-7. 2009....
- Analysis of serum granulysin in patients with hematopoietic stem-cell transplantation: its usefulness as a marker of graft-versus-host reactionMasayuki Nagasawa
Department of Pediatrics and Developmental Biology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Hematol 81:340-8. 2006..These results indicate that increased release of granulysin presents alloreactivity and serum granulysin is useful as a marker of GVHD in SCT...
- Comparison of the pharmacological profiles of cyclosporine, (Nva2)-cyclosporine and (Val2)dihydro-cyclosporineP C Hiestand
Immunology 55:249-55. 1985..It does not suppress humoral immunity and allograft rejection, but suppresses some types of cell-mediated immune responses. This derivative may prove useful in autoimmune situations where T cells are involved in the disease process...
- The role of corticotropin-releasing hormone in blastocyst implantation and early fetal immunotoleranceS N Kalantaridou
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Ioannina, Ioannina, Greece
Horm Metab Res 39:474-7. 2007..Defective uterine CRH/CRH-R1 system during early pregnancy may be implicated in the pathophysiology of recurrent miscarriage, placenta accreta, and preeclampsia...
- The allogeneic CD4+ T-cell-mediated graft-versus-leukemia effectY Z Jiang
Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit, Hematology Branch, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 1652, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 28:33-42. 1997..Candidate antigens recognised by CD4+ cells are described and new approaches to GVL modulation in clinical bone marrow transplantation are discussed...
- Prolonged imiquimod treatment and graft-versus-host reaction: histological mimicry in the skin infiltration pattern of the monocyte-macrophage-dendrocyte lineageTrinh Hermanns-Le
Department of Dermatopathology, University Medical Center of Liege, Belgium
Dermatology 206:361-5. 2003..In conclusion, there is great mimicry in the MMD involvement in the dermis during low-grade GVHR and after chronic applications of imiquimod...
- Immune Tolerance and AutoimmunityAbul K Abbas; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results are not only of biological significance, but will also provide valuable leads for strategies to induce tolerance as a therapeutic modality. ..
- CD200 Expression on Apoptotic DCs and Immune ToleranceROBERT TRUITT; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will also provide new insight into a novel molecular pathway that is a target for enhancement of antitumor immunity and for prevention of graft rejection. ..
- Allospecific Immunoregulatory T Cells in BMT RecipientsROBERT TRUITT; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MECHANISMS IN SUCCESSFUL THERAPY OF GVHD WITH MOABROBERT TRUITT; Fiscal Year: 2001..Mechanistic insights gained from the studies, together with the biological principles identified, will facilitate the translational application of MoAb to clinical BMT. ..
- Fetal Biology and Therapy Training ProgramAlan Flake; Fiscal Year: 2008..Penn Graduate School and IHGT. This request is made for 2 Trainee slots in year 1, 3 Trainee slots in year 2, and 4 Trainee slots each year thereafter. ..
- SEPARATION OF GVH AND GVL IN MOUSE MODELSMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Protection from GVHD with Gene-Modified Donor T CellsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- ORTHOTOPIC LIVER TRANSPLANTATIONThomas Starzl; Fiscal Year: 2001..Moreover, the investigators will attempt to develop novel techniques to modify the number and character of the donor cells that ultimately reside in the recipient and promote tolerance to the allograft. ..
- XENOGENEIC STEM CELL AND THYMIC REPLACEMENT IN AIDSMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2004..These Projects constitute a highly integrated pre-clinical and clinical program aimed at thymic xenotransplantation as an approach to achieving immune reconstitution in the treatment of HIV-infected people. ..
- T and B Cell Tolerance via Marrow TransplantationMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- T AND B CELL TOLERANCE IN HUMAN MIXED CHIMERASMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- COMPATIBILITY OF SWINE STEM CELLS AND HUMAN STROMAMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Strategies for prenatal stem cell transplantationAlan W Flake; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of these studies is to develop safe and effective strategies that can be translated to the in utero treatment of a broad range of human genetic hematologic disorders including Sickle Cell Disease and Thalassemia. ..
- PRENATAL STRATEGIES FOR TREATMENT OF HEMOGLOBINOPATHIESAlan Flake; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- ENGRAFTING SENSITIZED HOSTS WITH NONABLATIVE REGIMENSRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2002..By lessening the morbidity and mortality associated with conventional conditioning, these studies could significantly change the management of selected inherited red blood cell diseases. ..
- Lung Transplantation and Immune Tolerance in Young RecipientsRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nonmyeloablative Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation for Severe Systemic SclerosisRichard Nash; Fiscal Year: 2006..The unique observations in this study regarding responses and recovery of organs after inducing a sustained remission of SSc will serve to focus and direct other non-transplant research activities. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Fetal Stromal Progenitor CellsAlan Flake; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of Engraftment & Immunity by GD T CellsWilliam Drobyski; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Translational Research in Multiple MyelomaCAROL HUFF; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..