Genomes and Genes
Summary: Those manifestations of the immune response which are mediated by antigen-sensitized T-lymphocytes via lymphokines or direct cytotoxicity. This takes place in the absence of circulating antibody or where antibody plays a subordinate role.
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Tumor antigen-targeted, monoclonal antibody-based immunotherapy: clinical response, cellular immunity, and immunoescapeRobert L Ferris
The Hillman Cancer Center Research Pavilion, 5117 Centre Ave, Room 2 26b, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:4390-9. 2010..However, these results are only seen in a subset (20% to 30%) of patients. We discuss the immunologic mechanism(s) underlying these clinical findings and their potential role in the variability in patients' clinical response...
- The role of cytokines in the initiation, expansion, and control of cellular immunity to tuberculosisAndrea M Cooper
Trudeau Institute, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
Immunol Rev 226:191-204. 2008..Finally, IL-27 limits protective immunity in the lung, but it is also required for long-term survival. These cytokines are therefore key players in the immune response to TB...
- Distinct roles for FOXP3 and FOXP3 CD4 T cells in regulating cellular immunity to uncomplicated and severe Plasmodium falciparum malariaMichael Walther
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Fajara, Banjul, The Gambia
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000364. 2009..These cells are more prevalent in children with uncomplicated malaria than in those with severe disease, suggesting that they may be the regulators of acute malarial inflammation...
- Specific recruitment of regulatory T cells in ovarian carcinoma fosters immune privilege and predicts reduced survivalTyler J Curiel
Tulane University Health Science Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Nat Med 10:942-9. 2004..This specific recruitment of T(reg) cells represents a mechanism by which tumors may foster immune privilege. Thus, blocking T(reg) cell migration or function may help to defeat human cancer...
- Roles of target cells and virus-specific cellular immunity in primary simian immunodeficiency virus infectionRoland R Regoes
Department of Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Virol 78:4866-75. 2004..acute human immunodeficiency virus infection is controlled by target cell limitation or by virus-specific cellular immunity. To resolve this question, we developed a novel mathematical modeling scheme which allows us to incorporate ..
- Immunology of tuberculosisJ L Flynn
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 19:93-129. 2001..The pace of this research must be maintained if we are to realize an effective vaccine in the next decades...
- Sand fly salivary proteins induce strong cellular immunity in a natural reservoir of visceral leishmaniasis with adverse consequences for LeishmaniaNicolas Collin
Vector Molecular Biology Unit, Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000441. 2009..This protection was associated with the development of cellular immunity in the form of a delayed-type hypersensitivity response and the presence of IFN-gamma at the site of sand ..
- Comparative ability of IL-12 and IL-28B to regulate Treg populations and enhance adaptive cellular immunityMatthew P Morrow
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 113:5868-77. 2009..Lastly, we report that IL-28B can induce 100% protection from mortality after a lethal influenza challenge. These data suggest that IL-28B is a strong candidate for further studies of vaccine or immunotherapy protocols...
- Autophagosome-independent essential function for the autophagy protein Atg5 in cellular immunity to intracellular pathogensZijiang Zhao
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cell Host Microbe 4:458-69. 2008..gondii. This work shows that Atg5 expression in phagocytic cells is essential for cellular immunity to intracellular pathogens in vivo, and that an autophagy protein can participate in immunity and ..
- Drosophila hemopoiesis and cellular immunityMichael J Williams
Umea Centre for Molecular Pathogenesis, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Immunol 178:4711-6. 2007..In this review, I will discuss what is currently known about Drosophila hemopoiesis and the cellular immune response and where possible compare it to vertebrate mechanisms...
- Protective immunity does not correlate with the hierarchy of virus-specific cytotoxic T cell responses to naturally processed peptidesA Gallimore
Institute of Experimental Immunology, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Exp Med 187:1647-57. 1998..This report, therefore, indicates that immunodominant epitopes should be defined, not only by the strength of the CTL response that they stimulate, but also by the ability of the CTLs to protect against infection...
- Differential expression of chemokine receptors and chemotactic responsiveness of type 1 T helper cells (Th1s) and Th2sR Bonecchi
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, I 20157 Milan, Italy
J Exp Med 187:129-34. 1998..It may also determine different susceptibility of Th1s and Th2s to human immunodeficiency virus strains using different fusion coreceptors...
- Specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses against Melan-A/MART1, tyrosinase and gp100 in vitiligo by the use of major histocompatibility complex/peptide tetramers: the role of cellular immunity in the etiopathogenesis of vitiligoB Palermo
Experimental Immunology, IRCCS Maugeri Foundation, Pavia, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 117:326-32. 2001..These findings strongly suggest a role for cellular immunity in the pathogenesis of vitiligo and impact on the common mechanisms of self tolerance.
- Immunological microenvironments in the human vagina and cervix: mediators of cellular immunity are concentrated in the cervical transformation zoneJeffrey Pudney
Fearing Research Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biol Reprod 73:1253-63. 2005....
- Bacterial immunity traded for sperm viability in male cricketsLeigh W Simmons
Evolutionary Biology Research Group, School of Animal Biology M092, University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA 6009, Australia
Science 309:2031. 2005..These data have implications for our understanding of sexual selection mechanisms and of reproductive costs in male longevity...
- Adjuvanting a DNA vaccine with a TLR9 ligand plus Flt3 ligand results in enhanced cellular immunity against the simian immunodeficiency virusMarcin Kwissa
Vaccine Research Center and Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Exp Med 204:2733-46. 2007..Viral loads were inversely correlated with the magnitude and quality of the immune response. Thus, the immunogenicity of DNA vaccines can be augmented with TLR9-L plus FL...
- Interleukin-1 is responsible for acute lung immunopathology but increases survival of respiratory influenza virus infectionNicole Schmitz
Molecular Biomedicine, ETH Zurich, Wagistrasse 27, 8952 Zurich, Switzerland
J Virol 79:6441-8. 2005..IL-1alpha/beta appear not to influence killing of virus-infected cells but to enhance IgM antibody responses and recruitment of CD4(+) T cells to the site of infection...
- Overview of the cellular immunity against JC virus in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathyIgor J Koralnik
Department of Neurology and Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Neurovirol 8:59-65. 2002..02). This cellular immune response may therefore be crucial in the prevention of PML disease progression and the tetramer staining assay may be used as a prognostic marker in the clinical management of these patients...
- Targeting of antigen to dendritic cells with poly(gamma-glutamic acid) nanoparticles induces antigen-specific humoral and cellular immunityTomofumi Uto
Division of Antiviral Chemotherapy, Center for Chronic Viral Diseases, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
J Immunol 178:2979-86. 2007..These results suggest that Ag-carrying gamma-PGA NPs are capable of inducing strong cellular and humoral immune responses and might be potentially useful as effective vaccine adjuvants for the therapy of infectious diseases...
- Mucosal immunization of cynomolgus macaques with the VSVDeltaG/ZEBOVGP vaccine stimulates strong ebola GP-specific immune responsesXiangguo Qiu
Special Pathogens Program, National Microbiology Laboratory, Public Health Agency of Canada, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e5547. 2009..Zaire ebolavirus (ZEBOV) produces a lethal viral hemorrhagic fever in humans and non-human primates...
- Long lived protection against pneumonic tularemia is correlated with cellular immunity in peripheral, not pulmonary, organsRebecca V Anderson
Laboratory of Intracellular Parasites, Rocky Mountain Laboratories, NIAID, NIH, 903 S, 4th Street, Hamilton, MT 59840, USA
Vaccine 28:6562-72. 2010..tularensis infection. Instead, survival of SchuS4 infection at extended time points after immunization was only associated with production of IFN-γ and activation of T cells in peripheral organs...
- Novel Adenovirus type 5 vaccine platform induces cellular immunity against HIV-1 Gag, Pol, Nef despite the presence of Ad5 immunityElizabeth S Gabitzsch
Etubics Corporation, Seattle, WA 98104, United States
Vaccine 27:6394-8. 2009..We are evaluating this recombinant triad viral vector as an HIV-1 vaccine in a non-human primate model and the data indicate that the vaccine is worthy of clinical evaluation...
- Rubella vaccine-induced cellular immunity: evidence of associations with polymorphisms in the Toll-like, vitamin A and D receptors, and innate immune response genesInna G Ovsyannikova
Mayo Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Guggenheim 611C, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Genet 127:207-21. 2010..This is the first paper to present evidence that polymorphisms in the TLR, vitamin A, vitamin D receptor, and innate immunity genes can influence adaptive cytokine responses to rubella vaccination...
- The net immunologic advantage of laparoscopic surgeryY W Novitsky
Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Surg Endosc 18:1411-9. 2004..Comparative studies of cellular immunity after laparoscopic and conventional surgery demonstrate immunologic advantage conferred by laparoscopy...
- In vivo targeting of dendritic cells for activation of cellular immunity using vaccine carriers based on pH-responsive microparticlesYoung Jik Kwon
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18264-8. 2005..In particular, activating sufficient cytotoxic T lymphocyte-mediated cellular immunity, which is crucial for the treatment of many diseases including cancer and AIDS, has proven to be especially ..
- Regulation of cellular immunity prevents Helicobacter pylori-induced atherosclerosisK Ayada
Department of Bacteriology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Lupus 18:1154-68. 2009..pylori accelerates atherosclerosis in mice and the active immunisation with Hp-HSP60 or the eradication of H. pylori with antibiotics can moderate/prevent cellular immunity, resulting in a reduction of atherosclerosis.
- TLR4 mediates vaccine-induced protective cellular immunity to Bordetella pertussis: role of IL-17-producing T cellsSarah C Higgins
Immune Regulation Research Group, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Immunol 177:7980-9. 2006..Our findings also demonstrate that activation of innate immune cells through TLR4 helps to direct the induction of Th1 and Th-17 cells, which mediate protective cellular immunity to B. pertussis.
- HLA class I-driven evolution of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype c proteome: immune escape and viral loadChristine M Rousseau
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 358070, Seattle, WA 98195 8070, USA
J Virol 82:6434-46. 2008....
- Cross-clade protective immune responses to influenza viruses with H5N1 HA and NA elicited by an influenza virus-like particleRick A Bright
Novavax, Inc, Rockville, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1501. 2008....
- Psychological interventions and the immune system: a meta-analytic review and critiqueG E Miller
Department of Psychology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Health Psychol 20:47-63. 2001..This literature has important conceptual and methodological issues that need to be resolved before any definitive conclusions can be reached...
- Induction of MUC1-specific cellular immunity by a recombinant BCG expressing human MUC1 and secreting IL2Jianbo He
Revlon/UCLA Breast Center, Department of Surgery, University of California at Los Angeles, School of Medicine, 90095, USA
Int J Oncol 20:1305-11. 2002..These results suggest that BCG-MUC1-IL2 preferentially induces MUC1-specific cellular immune responses and it may serve as a vaccine for breast cancer prevention and treatment...
- High resolution analysis of cellular immune responses in resolved and persistent hepatitis C virus infectionGeorg M Lauer
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 127:924-36. 2004....
- Pediatric autoimmune liver diseases: the molecular basis of humoral and cellular immunityL Wen
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Curr Mol Med 1:379-89. 2001..The presence of cross-reactivity between homologous sequences, especially between HCV and cytochromes, supports the possibility that molecular mimicry plays a role in the induction of autoantibodies and autoreactive cytotoxic T cells...
- HIV-1 protein Vpr suppresses IL-12 production from human monocytes by enhancing glucocorticoid action: potential implications of Vpr coactivator activity for the innate and cellular immunity deficits observed in HIV-1 infectionMarco Mirani
Pediatric and Reproductive Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 169:6361-8. 2002..can be explained by glucocorticoid-induced inhibition of cytokine networks regulating innate and Th1-driven cellular immunity. We demonstrated that extracellularly administered Vpr protein dose-dependently potentiated glucocorticoid-..
- Coadministration of HIV vaccine vectors with vaccinia viruses expressing IL-15 but not IL-2 induces long-lasting cellular immunitySangKon Oh
Molecular Immunogenetics and Vaccine Research Section, Metabolism Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3392-7. 2003....
- Stimulation of HIV-specific cellular immunity by structured treatment interruption fails to enhance viral control in chronic HIV infectionAnnette Oxenius
Nuffield Department of Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital and Peter Medawar Building for Pathogen Research, Oxford OX1 3SY, UK
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13747-52. 2002..Overall, these data indicate that STI-induced quantitative boosting of HIV-specific cellular immunity was not associated with substantial change in viral replication and that STI was largely restoring ..
- Understanding the contribution of cellular immunity to dengue disease pathogenesisAnuja Mathew
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Immunol Rev 225:300-13. 2008....
- Better influenza vaccines for older people: what will it take?Janet E McElhaney
J Infect Dis 198:632-4. 2008
- Divergent roles of IL-23 and IL-12 in host defense against Klebsiella pneumoniaeKyle I Happel
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Exp Med 202:761-9. 2005..pneumoniae, the former of which is required for IFN-gamma expression and the latter of which is required for IL-17 production...
- Intranasal immunization with an apolipoprotein B-100 fusion protein induces antigen-specific regulatory T cells and reduces atherosclerosisRoland Klingenberg
Center for Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:946-52. 2010..The objective of this study was to develop an atheroprotective vaccine by targeting a peptide of the LDL protein constituent apolipoprotein B-100 (apoB-100) to the nasal mucosa to induce a protective mucosal immune response...
- Alcohol, injury, and cellular immunityKelly A Nordyke Messingham
Department of Cell Biology, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Alcohol 28:137-49. 2002..Independently, alcohol exposure and injury have been shown to influence cellular immunity negatively...
- AHR-mediated immunomodulation: the role of altered gene transcriptionNancy I Kerkvliet
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 77:746-60. 2009..Based on studies using AHR(-/-) mice, evidence for a role of endogenous AHR ligands in regulation of the immune response is growing, with bilirubin and lipoxinA4 representing two promising candidates...
- Treatment with anti-FasL antibody preserves memory lymphocytes and virus-specific cellular immunity in macaques challenged with simian immunodeficiency virusBhawna Poonia
Division of Basic Science and Vaccine Research, Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Blood 114:1196-204. 2009..Anti-FasL treatment during the initial stages of acute SIV infection preserved the T-cell compartment and sustained cell-mediated immunity to SIV...
- Protective cross-reactive cellular immunity to lethal A/Goose/Guangdong/1/96-like H5N1 influenza virus is correlated with the proportion of pulmonary CD8(+) T cells expressing gamma interferonSang Heui Seo
Division of Virology, Department of Infectious Diseases, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105-2794, USA
J Virol 76:4886-90. 2002..Our findings indicate that pulmonary cellular immunity may be very important in protecting naÃ¯ve natural hosts against lethal influenza viruses.
- Cellular immunity and active human cytomegalovirus infection in patients with septic shockLutz von Muller
Institute of Virology, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Infect Dis 196:1288-95. 2007....
- Recombinant modified vaccinia virus Ankara expressing antigen 85A boosts BCG-primed and naturally acquired antimycobacterial immunity in humansHelen McShane
Centre for Clinical Vaccinology and Tropical Medicine, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Nat Med 10:1240-4. 2004..Boosting vaccinations with MVA85A could offer a practical and efficient strategy for enhancing and prolonging antimycobacterial immunity in tuberculosis-endemic areas...
- A synthetic HIV-1 Tat protein breaches the skin barrier and elicits Tat-neutralizing antibodies and cellular immunityCharalambos D Partidos
UPR 9021, , CNRS, Strasbourg, France
Eur J Immunol 34:3723-31. 2004..Transcutaneous immunization may be advantageous for the non-invasive delivery of other HIV candidate vaccine antigens...
- Multigene DNA priming-boosting vaccines protect macaques from acute CD4+-T-cell depletion after simian-human immunodeficiency virus SHIV89.6P mucosal challengeN A Doria-Rose
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
J Virol 77:11563-77. 2003..b>Cellular immunity to SHIV89...
- Distinct TLR- and NLR-mediated transcriptional responses to an intracellular pathogenJess H Leber
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 4:e6. 2008..Combinatorial control of IFNbeta induction by recognition of both DNA and MDP may highlight a mechanism by which the innate immune system integrates the responses to multiple ligands presented in the cytosol by intracellular pathogens...
- The messenger and the message: gp96 (GRP94)-peptide interactions in cellular immunityChristopher V Nicchitta
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3709, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cell Stress Chaperones 9:325-31. 2004..Recent insights into the pathways for peptide generation now allow this hypothesis to be critically examined, which is the subject of this review...
- Multiple defects in innate and adaptive immunologic function in NOD/LtSz-scid miceL D Shultz
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
J Immunol 154:180-91. 1995..B-17/Sz-scid/scid animals. The multiple defects in innate and adaptive immunity unique to the NOD/LtSz-scid/scid mouse provide an excellent in vivo environment for reconstitution with human hematopoietic cells...
- The discovery of cellular immunity in the atherosclerotic plaqueGoran K Hansson
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1714-7. 2009..This notion was met with general skepticism but has gained support from experimental and clinical studies. Here we describe some of the early studies that helped developing this concept...
- Impact of aging on innate immunityG Pawelec
Second Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tubingen Medical School, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 64:703-12. 1998....
- Analysis of the persistence of humoral and cellular immunity in children and adults immunized with varicella vaccineL Zerboni
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5208, USA
J Infect Dis 177:1701-4. 1998The persistence of humoral and cellular immunity to varicella-zoster virus (VZV) was evaluated in 60 children and 18 adults immunized with live attenuated VZV vaccine...
- Parameters of humoral and cellular immunity following vaccination of pigs with a European modified-live strain of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV)Wolfgang Sipos
II Medical Clinic for Ruminants and Swine, University of Veterinary Medicine Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Viral Immunol 16:335-46. 2003Parameters of humoral and cellular immunity were investigated in pigs experimentally infected with a modified-live European porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV, strain DV)...
- Argon-helium cryosurgery for treatment of C6 gliomas in rats and its effect on cellular immunityMing Li
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute of Neuroscience of Guangdong Province, Zhujiang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510282, China
Technol Cancer Res Treat 9:87-94. 2010..These results demonstrate that in addition to tumor cell destruction, cryosurgy also results in enhanced cellular immunity and antitumor immune response of the C6 glioma-bearing rats, suggesting the great potential of argon-helium ..
- Regulation of cellular immunity by Photo(chemo)therapySonja Alexandra Grundmann
Department of Dermatology, University of Muenster, Muenster, Germany
Front Biosci 14:4326-36. 2009..In the following the molecular as well as cellular mechanisms of phototherapy are described and discussed in light of the fact that photobiology is a very active field in biomedical research...
- Immunomodulating effect of vitamin D3 derivatives on type-1 cellular immunityIkuo Imazeki
Division of Immunoregulation, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapparo, Japan
Biomed Res 27:1-9. 2006..Thus, VitD3 derivatives are demonstrated to inhibit the functional differentiation of DC1, Tc1 and Th1 cells, which play a critical role in type-1 cellular immune responses...
- Progress in vaccination for histoplasmosis and blastomycosis: coping with cellular immunityGeorge S Deepe
Veterans Affairs Hospital and Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0560, USA
Med Mycol 43:381-9. 2005..More importantly, the studies summarized herein demonstrate that understanding the host response to a protein or mutant fungus is critical to creating a vaccine that may be useful for the immunocompromised patient...
- Cellular immunity to varicella-zoster virus in patients with major depressionM Irwin
VA Medical Center, University of California, San Diego, USA
J Infect Dis 178:S104-8. 1998..and this appears to be causally related to an age-dependent decline in varicella-zoster virus (VZV)-specific cellular immunity. Psychologic stress has also been linked to the occurrence of herpes zoster, but the mechanism involved has ..
- Comparison and significance of specific and non-specific cellular immunity in patients with chronic hepatitis B caused by infection with genotypes B or C of hepatitis B virusXibing Gu
Wuxi Hospital for Infectious Diseases, Wuxi, 214005, China
Sci China C Life Sci 52:719-23. 2009..These results suggest that compared with CHB patients infected with HBV genotype B, the higher HBV DNA level and more severe liver damages in the patients infected with genotype C of HBV may be associated with genotype C of the virus...
- Recombinant vaccinia virus expressing interleukin-2 invokes anti-tumor cellular immunity in an orthotopic murine model of head and neck squamous cell carcinomaSantanu Dasgupta
Department of Internal Medicine and the Barrett Cancer Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Mol Ther 13:183-93. 2006..We conclude that anti-tumor activities of rvv-IL-2 are due to the induction of tumor-specific CD8+ CTL and CD4+ Th1-type helper T cells, and rvv-IL-2 may be used for treatment of HNSCC patients, since SCC VII/SF closely resembles HNSCC...
- Detection of cellular immunity to rabies antigens in human vaccineesSusan M Moore
Department of Diagnostic Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506, USA
J Clin Immunol 26:533-45. 2006....
- The expression of hTERT mRNA and cellular immunity in gastric cancer and precancerosisXi Xian Yao
Department of Digestive Medicine, the 2nd Hospital of Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050000, Hebei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 8:586-90. 2002....
- Human immunodeficiency virus-type 1 specific cellular immunity in chronic infected patients on prolonged highly active antiretroviral treatment and on structured treatment interruptionReikei Matsuda
Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, Novelsvägen, Solna, Sweden
Microbiol Immunol 50:629-35. 2006..We analyzed Nef, Tat, and p24 specific cellular immunity using IFN-gamma enzyme-linked immunospot assays and T cell proliferation assays...
- STAT4 is a critical mediator of early innate immune responses against pulmonary Klebsiella infectionJane C Deng
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Immunol 173:4075-83. 2004..Collectively, these studies demonstrate that STAT4 is required for the generation of an effective innate host defense against bacterial pathogens of the lung...
- Alpha1-antitrypsin gene therapy modulates cellular immunity and efficiently prevents type 1 diabetes in nonobese diabetic miceYuanqing Lu
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Hum Gene Ther 17:625-34. 2006..Adoptive transfer experiments demonstrated that AAT gene therapy attenuated cellular immunity associated with beta cell destruction...
- Effects of zinc deficiency and pinealectomy on cellular immunity in rats infected with Toxoplasma gondiiAbdulkerim Kasim Baltaci
Department of Physiology, , Konya, Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 104:47-56. 2005The effects of zinc and/or melatonin deficiencies on cellular immunity were investigated in rats infected with Toxoplasma gondii. A total of 50 adult male Sprague-Dawley rats were divided into 5 groups of 10 rats each...
- Cellular immunity in children with successful immunoprophylactic treatment for mother-to-child transmission of hepatitis B virusHaruki Komatsu
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama Eastern Hospital, 3 6 1 Shimosueyoshi Tsurumi Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0012, Japan
BMC Infect Dis 10:103. 2010..However, little is known about immunity against HBV infection in children after immunoprophylactic treatment. We tried to assess the association between T-cell responses and viremia in children after successful prophylactic treatment...
- Delivery of human immunodeficiency virus vaccine vectors to the intestine induces enhanced mucosal cellular immunityLingshu Wang
Vaccine Research Center, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3005, USA
J Virol 83:7166-75. 2009..These studies suggest that induction of primary immune responses by rAd5 gut immunization and subsequent systemic boosting elicits potent antigen-specific gut mucosal responses...
- Humoral immune responses against tumor-associated antigen OVA66 originally defined by serological analysis of recombinant cDNA expression libraries and its potentiality in cellular immunityShu Jin
Shanghai Institute of Immunology, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR of China
Cancer Sci 99:1670-8. 2008..Taken together, our results demonstrate that the SEREX-defined tumor-associated antigen OVA66 can elicit humoral immunity and may also serve as a potential candidate for T-cell-based immunotherapy for cancer...
- Requisite elements in vaccine immunity to Blastomyces dermatitidis: plasticity uncovers vaccine potential in immune-deficient hostsMarcel Wuthrich
Department of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, WI 53792, USA
J Immunol 169:6969-76. 2002....
- Type I interferons and IL-12: convergence and cross-regulation among mediators of cellular immunityA A Byrnes
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA
Eur J Immunol 31:2026-34. 2001..The ability of IFN-alpha/beta to suppress IL-12 production while up-regulating IFN-gamma production suggests a possible mechanistic basis for the difficulties of employing these cytokines in diseases involving abnormalities of CMI...
- DNA vaccine expressing HIV-1 gp120/immunoglobulin fusion protein enhances cellular immunityMasaru Shimada
Department of Molecular Biodefense Research, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Vaccine 28:4920-7. 2010..These results demonstrate that covalent antigen modification with an Ig sequence can modulate antigen-specific cellular immune responses. The approach may be useful for vaccine development...
- Cellular immunity in dogs with keratoconjunctivitis sicca before and after treatment with topical 2% cyclosporineB C Gilger
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1089, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 49:199-208. 1995Peripheral cellular immunity of ten dogs with keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS) that had not been treated with topical corticosteroids or cyclosporine was evaluated (by use of in vitro lymphocyte proliferation assays and CD4+/CD8+ ..
- Short-term dietary intake of C18:1 trans fatty acids decreases the function of cellular immunity in healthy young menP Dlouhy
Department of Nutrition, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Ann Nutr Metab 53:129-36. 2008..In this study, we tested the impact of short-term intake of increased amounts of C18:1 trans fatty acids (TFAs) on parameters of cellular and humoral immunity in healthy young men...
- Improved efficiency in detecting cellular immunity towards M. tuberculosis in patients receiving immunosuppressive drug therapyUrban Sester
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Nephrology, University of the Saarland, D-66421 Homburg, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:3258-68. 2006..The assay is well-suited for use in screening programmes and may facilitate the management of tuberculosis infection in immunocompromised individuals...
- Severe feed restriction enhances innate immunity but suppresses cellular immunity in chicken lines divergently selected for antibody responsesB N Hangalapura
Adaptation Physiology Group, Wageningen Institute of Animal Sciences, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Poult Sci 84:1520-9. 2005..Finally, under severe FR, relative spleen weight was lower in the L line than in the H line. The present findings suggest genetic differences affecting physiological and immunological responses under FR conditions...
- Enhancement of humoral and cellular immunity in mice against Japanese encephalitis virus using a DNA prime-protein boost vaccine strategyPeng Li
Key Laboratory of Animal Disease Diagnosis and Immunology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing 210095, PR China
Vet J 183:210-6. 2010....
- Augmentation of SIV DNA vaccine-induced cellular immunity by targeting the 4-1BB costimulatory moleculeSandra A Calarota
Research Institute for Genetic and Human Therapy, Ploiclinico S Matteo, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Vaccine 26:3121-34. 2008..This study demonstrates that targeting the 4-1BB molecule in vivo results in an enhanced and long-lasting cellular immune response. 4-1BB stimulation may be a promising approach to enhance the effectiveness of DNA vaccines...
- Cellular immunity induced by a novel HPV18 DNA vaccine encoding an E6/E7 fusion consensus protein in mice and rhesus macaquesJian Yan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Vaccine 26:5210-5. 2008..we utilize a novel multi-phase strategy for HPV18 antigen development with the goal of increasing anti-HPV18 cellular immunity. Our data show that this construct can induce strong cellular immune responses against HPV18 E6 and E7 ..
- Cellular immunity to Toxoplasma gondii in congenitally infected newborns and immunocompetent infected hostsA F Fatoohi
E.A. 3087 Parasitologie, , Laboratoire d'Immunologie, , Lyon, France
Eur J Clin Microbiol Infect Dis 22:181-4. 2003..The results show that specific cellular immunity is detectable in virtually all Toxoplasma-infected patients, including newborns...
- The effect of aging on cellular immunity against cancer in SR/CR miceZheng Cui
Department of Pathology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Boulevard, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Cancer Immunol Immunother 53:473-8. 2004..In this article, we summarize the lessons learned from these mice and discuss possible implications of these findings in our understanding of the effects of aging on the immunity against cancer...
- Role of cellular immunity in the pathogenesis of autoimmune skin diseasesM Alaibac
Unit of Dermatology, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 24:S14-9. 2006....
- Dendritic cell maturation by innate lymphocytes: coordinated stimulation of innate and adaptive immunityCHRISTIAN MUNZ
Laboratory of Viral Immunobiology, Christopher H Browne Center for Immunology and Immune Diseases, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 202:203-7. 2005..Here, we comment on the evidence that these pathways are TLR independent and have the potential to respond to infection, malignancy, and immunotherapy...
- Immunostimulatory monoclonal antibodies for cancer therapyIgnacio Melero
Centro de Investigación Médica Aplicada CIMA and Clínica Universitaria, Universidad de Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Nat Rev Cancer 7:95-106. 2007..Importantly, mAbs of this type have now entered clinical trials with encouraging initial results...
- The evolution of self-tolerance: a new cell arises to meet the challenge of self-reactivityB Fazekas de St Groth
Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology, Newtown, NSW, Australia
Immunol Today 19:448-54. 1998..Here, Barbara Fazekas de St Groth discusses evolutionary aspects of the functional distinction between these two types of dendritic cells...
- Unveiling the roles of autophagy in innate and adaptive immunityBeth Levine
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 7:767-77. 2007..This Review describes the mechanisms of autophagy and highlights recent advances relevant to the role of autophagy in innate and adaptive immunity...
- The immune system provides a strong response to even a low exposure to virusTimothy J Powell
Trudeau Institute, 154 Algonquin Avenue, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
Clin Immunol 119:87-94. 2006....
- Cell- rather than antibody-mediated immunity leads to the development of profound thrombocytopenia during experimental Plasmodium berghei malariaIrene Gramaglia
La Jolla Bioengineering Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 175:7699-707. 2005....
- Colon lamina propria dendritic cells induce a proinflammatory cytokine response in lamina propria T cells in the SCID mouse model of colitisMaureen L Drakes
Department of Pediatrics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Rm 737, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, 11100 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
J Leukoc Biol 78:1291-300. 2005..These data suggest that in the IBD colon, DC-T cell interactions may create conditions with an abundance of proinflammatory cytokines, which favor the inflammatory state...
- Active and passive immunization against oral Candida albicans infection in a murine modelC S Farah
Oral Biology and Pathology Research Unit, School of Dentistry, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Oral Microbiol Immunol 20:376-81. 2005....
- The paradoxical effects of lead in interferon-gamma knockout BALB/c miceDonghong Gao
Wadsworth Center, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York 12201, USA
Toxicol Sci 89:444-53. 2006..The Pb enhancement of DTH in IFNgamma-deficient mice is likely due to promotion of type-2 cytokines and enhancement of major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class II expression...
- Surfactant-free anionic PLA nanoparticles coated with HIV-1 p24 protein induced enhanced cellular and humoral immune responses in various animal modelsYasemin Ataman-Onal
, IFR128 BioSciences Lyon-Gerland, Tour CERVI, 21, Avenue Tony Garnier, F-69365 Lyon 07, France
J Control Release 112:175-85. 2006..This protein delivery system confirms the potential of charged nanoparticles in the field of vaccine development...
- HSV-1 amplicon vectors elicit polyfunctional T cell responses to HIV-1 Env, and strongly boost responses to an adenovirus primeCindy M P Duke
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Vaccine 25:7410-21. 2007..This suggests that initial priming can shape immune response quality after a boost. Overall, these findings provide insight into effective vector combinations for HIV-1 vaccine development...
- Dendritic cells bask in the limelightWilliam E Paul
Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cell 130:967-70. 2007....
- Vaccination of mice with recombinant baculovirus expressing spike or nucleocapsid protein of SARS-like coronavirus generates humoral and cellular immune responsesBingke Bai
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, 430071 Hubei, PR China
Mol Immunol 45:868-75. 2008....
- Regulation of humoral and cellular gut immunity by lamina propria dendritic cells expressing Toll-like receptor 5Satoshi Uematsu
Laboratory of Host Defense, Immunology Frontier Research Center, Osaka University, 3 1 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Nat Immunol 9:769-76. 2008..Our findings demonstrate unique properties of LPDCs and the importance of TLR5 for adaptive immunity in the intestine...
- Immunostimulant adjuvant patch enhances humoral and cellular immune responses to DNA immunizationMikayel Mkrtichyan
Department of Immunology, The Institute for Molecular Medicine, Huntington Beach, California, USA
DNA Cell Biol 27:19-24. 2008....
- Hepatitis C virus core protein impairs in vitro priming of specific T cell responses by dendritic cells and hepatocytesMona Zimmermann
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Germany
J Hepatol 48:51-60. 2008..Hepatitis C virus core protein is produced within hepatocytes and is secreted during HCV infection. Our study characterizes the effects of core protein on T cell priming in mice...
- Short- and long-term immunogenicity and protection induced by non-replicating smallpox vaccine candidates in mice and comparison with the traditional 1st generation vaccineAudrey Ferrier-Rembert
Unité de virologie, Centre de Recherches du Service de Santé des Armées Emile Pardé, F 38702 Grenoble, France
Vaccine 26:1794-804. 2008..Further investigations are necessary with MVA to determine the optimal conditions of immunisation to induce at long-term immunogenicity and protection observed with the 1st generation smallpox vaccine...
- Screening Complete TB Proteome for Protective AntigensAlan Greener; Fiscal Year: 2007..throughput, proteome-based identification of antigens that have a high probability of inducing protective cellular immunity when formulated and administered as a vaccine...
- Use of Substance P antagonists to regulate the skin immune functionAdriana T Larregina; Fiscal Year: 2010..Substance-P (SP) is the prototype pro-inflammatory neuropeptide which favors cellular immunity by promoting the activation, proliferation and survival of immune cells...
- SEX HORMONE REGULATION OF THE MUCOSAL IMMUNE SYSTEMCharles Wira; Fiscal Year: 1993..These actions account for changes in humoral and cellular immunity and have clinical applications in the treatment of venereal diseases, autoimmune diseases, malignancy, ..
- Impact of Calorie Restriction on Thymopoiesis in HumansVISHWA DIXIT; Fiscal Year: 2009..The decline in cellular immunity with age is a direct consequence of progressive replacement of thymic lymphoid and stromal cell compartment ..
- Impact of Calorie Restriction on Thymopoiesis in HumansVishwa Deep Dixit; Fiscal Year: 2010..The decline in cellular immunity with age is a direct consequence of progressive replacement of thymic lymphoid and stromal cell compartment ..
- SYNERGY OF HOST DEFENSE MECHANISMS IN LUNGArturo Casadevall; Fiscal Year: 2006..is acquired by inhalation and there is consensus that an effective host response in the lung involves cellular immunity. However, there is also overwhelming evidence from many laboratories that antibody-mediated immunity can ..
- Role of anti-Col (V) immunity in primary graft dysfunctionDavid S Wilkes; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent work by our group suggests that both humoral and cellular immunity to col(V) are involved in PGD pathogenesis...
- IMMUNITY & VIRAL REPLICATION IN CHILDREN WITH VARICELLAAnn Arvin; Fiscal Year: 1993..The importance of VZV cellular immunity is illustrated by the severity of varicella in children with T-cell deficiencies...
- Cellular Immunity Against Ehrlichia chaffeensisROMAN GANTA; Fiscal Year: 2007..chaffeensis and other closely related organisms. ..
- ENDODONTIC TREATMENT FOR PERSONS WHO ARE HIV POSITIVEDavid Rosenstein; Fiscal Year: 2001..The primary hypothesis is that assessment of both cellular immunity depletion as well as residual cellular immunity function will be accurate predictors for endodontic success ..
- Dynamics of SHIV clade C and S mansoni coinfectionRuth Ruprecht; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, animal model studies have shown that vaccines that normally induce strong cellular immunity failed to do so in Schistosoma mansoni-infected animals...
- AGBD T CELL DEPENDENT MECHANISMS OF GLOMERULONEPHRITISTanya Mayadas; Fiscal Year: 2006There is compelling evidence that cellular immunity plays a role in the pathogenesis of glomerulonephritis (GN)...
- Immunology and Outcomes after HAART in HIV/TB CoinfectionGregory P Bisson; Fiscal Year: 2010..In another scenario delayed recovery of cellular immunity may be associated with inability to control opportunistic pathogens and death...
- Immunology and Outcomes after HAART in HIV/TB CoinfectionGregory P Bisson; Fiscal Year: 2010..In another scenario delayed recovery of cellular immunity may be associated with inability to control opportunistic pathogens and death...
- Immunology and Outcomes after HAART in HIV/TB CoinfectionGregory Bisson; Fiscal Year: 2009..In another scenario delayed recovery of cellular immunity may be associated with inability to control opportunistic pathogens and death...
- Cellular Immunity to Chlamydua at the Epithelial InterfaceRaymond Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Defining what protective T cells look like, and how they function, will be critical for designing and assessing future Chlamydia candidate vaccines. ..
- Cellular Immunity to Chlamydua at the Epithelial InterfaceRaymond Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Defining what protective T cells look like, and how they function, will be critical for designing and assessing future Chlamydia candidate vaccines. ..
- Cellular Immunity Against Ehrlichia chaffeensisROMAN GANTA; Fiscal Year: 2002..chaffeensis and other closely related organisms. ..
- Direct Regulation of CD8 T Cells by Interferon gammaMarulasiddappa Suresh; Fiscal Year: 2010..Evidence indicate that cellular immunity mediated by CD8 T cells is important in defense against LCMV, and most likely Lassa virus...
- Cell-mediated protection against pneumonic plagueStephen T Smiley; Fiscal Year: 2010..While the rF1V vaccine primarily stimulates antibody-mediated humoral immunity, T cell-dependent cellular immunity comprises a second means by which vaccines can prime long-lived protection...