Genomes and Genes
Summary: Those manifestations of the immune response which are mediated by antigen-sensitized T-lymphocytes via lymphokines or direct cytotoxicity. This takes place in the absence of circulating antibody or where antibody plays a subordinate role.
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- The role of cytokines in the initiation, expansion, and control of cellular immunity to tuberculosisAndrea M Cooper
Trudeau Institute, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
Immunol Rev 226:191-204. 2008..Finally, IL-27 limits protective immunity in the lung, but it is also required for long-term survival. These cytokines are therefore key players in the immune response to TB...
- Distinct roles for FOXP3 and FOXP3 CD4 T cells in regulating cellular immunity to uncomplicated and severe Plasmodium falciparum malariaMichael Walther
Medical Research Council Laboratories, Fajara, Banjul, The Gambia
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000364. 2009..These cells are more prevalent in children with uncomplicated malaria than in those with severe disease, suggesting that they may be the regulators of acute malarial inflammation...
- Tumor antigen-targeted, monoclonal antibody-based immunotherapy: clinical response, cellular immunity, and immunoescapeRobert L Ferris
The Hillman Cancer Center Research Pavilion, 5117 Centre Ave, Room 2 26b, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:4390-9. 2010..However, these results are only seen in a subset (20% to 30%) of patients. We discuss the immunologic mechanism(s) underlying these clinical findings and their potential role in the variability in patients' clinical response...
- Understanding the contribution of cellular immunity to dengue disease pathogenesisAnuja Mathew
Center for Infectious Disease and Vaccine Research, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Immunol Rev 225:300-13. 2008....
- Sand fly salivary proteins induce strong cellular immunity in a natural reservoir of visceral leishmaniasis with adverse consequences for LeishmaniaNicolas Collin
Vector Molecular Biology Unit, Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000441. 2009..This protection was associated with the development of cellular immunity in the form of a delayed-type hypersensitivity response and the presence of IFN-gamma at the site of sand ..
- Specific recruitment of regulatory T cells in ovarian carcinoma fosters immune privilege and predicts reduced survivalTyler J Curiel
Tulane University Health Science Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Nat Med 10:942-9. 2004..This specific recruitment of T(reg) cells represents a mechanism by which tumors may foster immune privilege. Thus, blocking T(reg) cell migration or function may help to defeat human cancer...
- Roles of target cells and virus-specific cellular immunity in primary simian immunodeficiency virus infectionRoland R Regoes
Department of Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Virol 78:4866-75. 2004..acute human immunodeficiency virus infection is controlled by target cell limitation or by virus-specific cellular immunity. To resolve this question, we developed a novel mathematical modeling scheme which allows us to incorporate ..
- Vaccines against intracellular infections requiring cellular immunityR A Seder
Clinical Immunology Section, Laboratory of Clinical Investigation, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nature 406:793-8. 2000..We then discuss current approaches for vaccination against diseases in which cellular immune responses are important for protection...
- Differential expression of chemokine receptors and chemotactic responsiveness of type 1 T helper cells (Th1s) and Th2sR Bonecchi
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, I 20157 Milan, Italy
J Exp Med 187:129-34. 1998..It may also determine different susceptibility of Th1s and Th2s to human immunodeficiency virus strains using different fusion coreceptors...
- Autophagosome-independent essential function for the autophagy protein Atg5 in cellular immunity to intracellular pathogensZijiang Zhao
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Cell Host Microbe 4:458-69. 2008..gondii. This work shows that Atg5 expression in phagocytic cells is essential for cellular immunity to intracellular pathogens in vivo, and that an autophagy protein can participate in immunity and ..
- Augmentation of cellular immunity and reduction of influenza virus titer in aged mice fed Lactobacillus casei strain ShirotaTetsuji Hori
Yakult Central Institute for Microbiological Research, 1796 Yaho, Kunitachi, Tokyo 186 8650, Japan
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:105-8. 2002..6) and 10(2.2 +/- 0.5), respectively). These findings suggest that oral administration of L.casei strain Shirota activates not only systemic cellular immunity but also local cellular immunity and that it ameliorates IFV infection.
- Comparative ability of IL-12 and IL-28B to regulate Treg populations and enhance adaptive cellular immunityMatthew P Morrow
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Blood 113:5868-77. 2009..Lastly, we report that IL-28B can induce 100% protection from mortality after a lethal influenza challenge. These data suggest that IL-28B is a strong candidate for further studies of vaccine or immunotherapy protocols...
- Immunology of tuberculosisJ L Flynn
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 19:93-129. 2001..The pace of this research must be maintained if we are to realize an effective vaccine in the next decades...
- High prevalence of both humoral and cellular immunity to Zaire ebolavirus among rural populations in GabonPierre Becquart
Unité des Maladies Virales Emergentes, Centre International de Recherches Medicales de Franceville, Franceville, Gabon
PLoS ONE 5:e9126. 2010..show that a large fraction of the human population living in forested areas of Gabon has both humoral and cellular immunity to ZEBOV...
- Drosophila hemopoiesis and cellular immunityMichael J Williams
Umea Centre for Molecular Pathogenesis, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
J Immunol 178:4711-6. 2007..In this review, I will discuss what is currently known about Drosophila hemopoiesis and the cellular immune response and where possible compare it to vertebrate mechanisms...
- TLR2-, TLR4- and Myd88-independent acquired humoral and cellular immunity against Salmonella enterica serovar TyphimuriumSabine A Seibert
Max Planck Institute for Infection Biology, Department of Immunology, Chariteplatz 1, D 10117 Berlin, Germany
Immunol Lett 127:126-34. 2010..Our results demonstrate that in the ST infection model, MyD88 as well as TLR2 and TLR4 were largely dispensable for the induction of protective acquired immunity...
- Rubella vaccine-induced cellular immunity: evidence of associations with polymorphisms in the Toll-like, vitamin A and D receptors, and innate immune response genesInna G Ovsyannikova
Mayo Vaccine Research Group, Mayo Clinic, Guggenheim 611C, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Genet 127:207-21. 2010..This is the first paper to present evidence that polymorphisms in the TLR, vitamin A, vitamin D receptor, and innate immunity genes can influence adaptive cytokine responses to rubella vaccination...
- Protective immunity does not correlate with the hierarchy of virus-specific cytotoxic T cell responses to naturally processed peptidesA Gallimore
Institute of Experimental Immunology, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
J Exp Med 187:1647-57. 1998..This report, therefore, indicates that immunodominant epitopes should be defined, not only by the strength of the CTL response that they stimulate, but also by the ability of the CTLs to protect against infection...
- Targeting of antigen to dendritic cells with poly(gamma-glutamic acid) nanoparticles induces antigen-specific humoral and cellular immunityTomofumi Uto
Division of Antiviral Chemotherapy, Center for Chronic Viral Diseases, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, Japan
J Immunol 178:2979-86. 2007..These results suggest that Ag-carrying gamma-PGA NPs are capable of inducing strong cellular and humoral immune responses and might be potentially useful as effective vaccine adjuvants for the therapy of infectious diseases...
- Vaccines: correlates of vaccine-induced immunityStanley A Plotkin
Sanofi Pasteur, Doylestown, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Infect Dis 47:401-9. 2008..In situations where the true correlate of protection is unknown or difficult to measure, surrogate tests (usually antibody measurements) must suffice as predictors of protection by vaccines. Examples of each circumstance are given...
- Intranasal immunization with an apolipoprotein B-100 fusion protein induces antigen-specific regulatory T cells and reduces atherosclerosisRoland Klingenberg
Center for Molecular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:946-52. 2010..The objective of this study was to develop an atheroprotective vaccine by targeting a peptide of the LDL protein constituent apolipoprotein B-100 (apoB-100) to the nasal mucosa to induce a protective mucosal immune response...
- Immunological microenvironments in the human vagina and cervix: mediators of cellular immunity are concentrated in the cervical transformation zoneJeffrey Pudney
Fearing Research Laboratory, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Biol Reprod 73:1253-63. 2005....
- Specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte responses against Melan-A/MART1, tyrosinase and gp100 in vitiligo by the use of major histocompatibility complex/peptide tetramers: the role of cellular immunity in the etiopathogenesis of vitiligoB Palermo
Experimental Immunology, IRCCS Maugeri Foundation, Pavia, Italy
J Invest Dermatol 117:326-32. 2001..These findings strongly suggest a role for cellular immunity in the pathogenesis of vitiligo and impact on the common mechanisms of self tolerance.
- Neuronal plasticity and cellular immunity: shared molecular mechanismsL M Boulanger
Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, 220 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Opin Neurobiol 11:568-78. 2001..Recent studies reveal striking parallels between cellular signaling mechanisms in the immune and nervous systems that may provide unexpected insights into the development, function, and diseases of both systems...
- Viral immune evasion: a masterpiece of evolutionMireille T M Vossen
Department of Experimental Immunology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Immunogenetics 54:527-42. 2002..This review aims at summarizing the current knowledge of viral evasion mechanisms...
- Bacterial immunity traded for sperm viability in male cricketsLeigh W Simmons
Evolutionary Biology Research Group, School of Animal Biology M092, University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA 6009, Australia
Science 309:2031. 2005..These data have implications for our understanding of sexual selection mechanisms and of reproductive costs in male longevity...
- Adjuvanting a DNA vaccine with a TLR9 ligand plus Flt3 ligand results in enhanced cellular immunity against the simian immunodeficiency virusMarcin Kwissa
Vaccine Research Center and Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Exp Med 204:2733-46. 2007..Viral loads were inversely correlated with the magnitude and quality of the immune response. Thus, the immunogenicity of DNA vaccines can be augmented with TLR9-L plus FL...
- Interleukin-1 is responsible for acute lung immunopathology but increases survival of respiratory influenza virus infectionNicole Schmitz
Molecular Biomedicine, ETH Zurich, Wagistrasse 27, 8952 Zurich, Switzerland
J Virol 79:6441-8. 2005..IL-1alpha/beta appear not to influence killing of virus-infected cells but to enhance IgM antibody responses and recruitment of CD4(+) T cells to the site of infection...
- Proinflammatory tachykinins that signal through the neurokinin 1 receptor promote survival of dendritic cells and potent cellular immunityBrian M Janelsins
Department of Dermatology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
Blood 113:3017-26. 2009..with Ag exhibit increased longevity in draining lymph nodes, resulting in enhanced and prolonged effector cellular immunity. Our results contribute to the understanding of the interactions between the immune and nervous systems that ..
- The messenger and the message: gp96 (GRP94)-peptide interactions in cellular immunityChristopher V Nicchitta
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3709, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cell Stress Chaperones 9:325-31. 2004..Recent insights into the pathways for peptide generation now allow this hypothesis to be critically examined, which is the subject of this review...
- Natural history of a recurrent feline coronavirus infection and the role of cellular immunity in survival and diseaseJolanda D F de Groot-Mijnes
Virology Division, Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 1, 3584 CL Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Virol 79:1036-44. 2005..Experimental FIP presents a relevant, safe, and well-defined model to study coronavirus-mediated immunosuppression and should provide an attractive and convenient system for in vivo testing of anticoronaviral drugs...
- Innate and adaptive cellular immunity in flavivirus-naïve human recipients of a live-attenuated dengue serotype 3 vaccine produced in Vero cells (VDV3)Violette Sanchez
Sanofi Pasteur, Research and Development Department, Marcy l Etoile, France
Vaccine 24:4914-26. 2006..Lessons learned from these results will help us to pursue the development of safe and immunogenic vaccines...
- Boosting of cellular immunity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis and modulation of skin cytokine responses in healthy human volunteers by Mycobacterium bovis BCG substrain Moreau Rio de Janeiro oral vaccineCatherine A Cosgrove
CMM Infectious Diseases, St George s Hospital Medical School, Cranmer Terrace, London SW17 0RE, United Kingdom
Infect Immun 74:2449-52. 2006..Oral BCG offers the possibility of a needle-free tuberculosis vaccine and of boosting the protective immunity from intradermal tuberculosis vaccines...
- Cellular immunity elicited by human immunodeficiency virus type 1/ simian immunodeficiency virus DNA vaccination does not augment the sterile protection afforded by passive infusion of neutralizing antibodiesJohn R Mascola
Vaccine Research Center, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 77:10348-56. 2003..To assess if HIV-1/SIV-specific cellular immunity could combine with antibodies to produce sterile protection, we studied the effect of a suboptimal infusion ..
- Immunomodulating effect of vitamin D3 derivatives on type-1 cellular immunityIkuo Imazeki
Division of Immunoregulation, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapparo, Japan
Biomed Res 27:1-9. 2006..Thus, VitD3 derivatives are demonstrated to inhibit the functional differentiation of DC1, Tc1 and Th1 cells, which play a critical role in type-1 cellular immune responses...
- In vivo targeting of dendritic cells for activation of cellular immunity using vaccine carriers based on pH-responsive microparticlesYoung Jik Kwon
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:18264-8. 2005..In particular, activating sufficient cytotoxic T lymphocyte-mediated cellular immunity, which is crucial for the treatment of many diseases including cancer and AIDS, has proven to be especially ..
- Overview of the cellular immunity against JC virus in progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathyIgor J Koralnik
Department of Neurology and Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Neurovirol 8:59-65. 2002..02). This cellular immune response may therefore be crucial in the prevention of PML disease progression and the tetramer staining assay may be used as a prognostic marker in the clinical management of these patients...
- The net immunologic advantage of laparoscopic surgeryY W Novitsky
Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Surg Endosc 18:1411-9. 2004..Comparative studies of cellular immunity after laparoscopic and conventional surgery demonstrate immunologic advantage conferred by laparoscopy...
- Long lived protection against pneumonic tularemia is correlated with cellular immunity in peripheral, not pulmonary, organsRebecca V Anderson
Laboratory of Intracellular Parasites, Rocky Mountain Laboratories, NIAID, NIH, 903 S, 4th Street, Hamilton, MT 59840, USA
Vaccine 28:6562-72. 2010..tularensis infection. Instead, survival of SchuS4 infection at extended time points after immunization was only associated with production of IFN-γ and activation of T cells in peripheral organs...
- Mucosal immunization of cynomolgus macaques with the VSVDeltaG/ZEBOVGP vaccine stimulates strong ebola GP-specific immune responsesXiangguo Qiu
Special Pathogens Program, National Microbiology Laboratory, Public Health Agency of Canada, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e5547. 2009..Zaire ebolavirus (ZEBOV) produces a lethal viral hemorrhagic fever in humans and non-human primates...
- Novel Adenovirus type 5 vaccine platform induces cellular immunity against HIV-1 Gag, Pol, Nef despite the presence of Ad5 immunityElizabeth S Gabitzsch
Etubics Corporation, Seattle, WA 98104, United States
Vaccine 27:6394-8. 2009..We are evaluating this recombinant triad viral vector as an HIV-1 vaccine in a non-human primate model and the data indicate that the vaccine is worthy of clinical evaluation...
- Regulation of cellular immunity prevents Helicobacter pylori-induced atherosclerosisK Ayada
Department of Bacteriology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Lupus 18:1154-68. 2009..pylori accelerates atherosclerosis in mice and the active immunisation with Hp-HSP60 or the eradication of H. pylori with antibiotics can moderate/prevent cellular immunity, resulting in a reduction of atherosclerosis.
- The immune system in the elderly: II. Specific cellular immunityL Ginaldi
Department of Internal Medicine and Public Health, University of L Aquila, Italy
Immunol Res 20:109-15. 1999..The present review analyzes the main changes of the T cell compartment characterizing immunosenescence and discusses the possible mechanisms underlying these disregulations and their clinical implications...
- Suppression of cellular immunity in men with a past history of posttraumatic stress disorderN Kawamura
Department of Psychosomatic Medicine, National Institute of Mental Health, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Japan
Am J Psychiatry 158:484-6. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: PTSD leaves a long-lasting immunosuppression and has long-term implications for health...
- Treatment with anti-FasL antibody preserves memory lymphocytes and virus-specific cellular immunity in macaques challenged with simian immunodeficiency virusBhawna Poonia
Division of Basic Science and Vaccine Research, Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Blood 114:1196-204. 2009..Anti-FasL treatment during the initial stages of acute SIV infection preserved the T-cell compartment and sustained cell-mediated immunity to SIV...
- Peptide selection for human immunodeficiency virus type 1 CTL-based vaccine evaluationFusheng Li
Statistical Center for HIV Aids Research and Prevention, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Vaccine 24:6893-904. 2006..The usability of PTE peptide set was manifested by detection of Nef-specific CTL responses in HIV-1 subtype B infections...
- Effects of cryopreservation on lymphocyte immunophenotype and functionA Costantini
Service of Clinical Immunology, Department of Internal Medicine, Ancona University Medical School, Ancona, Italy
J Immunol Methods 278:145-55. 2003..e. studies of immune reconstitution following antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected patients or studies of HIV-infectivity in vitro using CCR5-tropic strains) should be performed on fresh samples...
- Recombinant viruses as tools to induce protective cellular immunity against infectious diseasesCarolina Damas Rocha
Laboratory of Immunopathology, René Rachou Research Center, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation FIOCRUZ, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Int Microbiol 7:83-94. 2004..when purified subunit vaccines are administered using traditional immunization protocols, the levels of cellular immunity induced are mostly low and not capable of eliciting complete protection against diseases caused by ..
- HIV-1 protein Vpr suppresses IL-12 production from human monocytes by enhancing glucocorticoid action: potential implications of Vpr coactivator activity for the innate and cellular immunity deficits observed in HIV-1 infectionMarco Mirani
Pediatric and Reproductive Endocrinology Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Immunol 169:6361-8. 2002..can be explained by glucocorticoid-induced inhibition of cytokine networks regulating innate and Th1-driven cellular immunity. We demonstrated that extracellularly administered Vpr protein dose-dependently potentiated glucocorticoid-..
- Psychological interventions and the immune system: a meta-analytic review and critiqueG E Miller
Department of Psychology, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63130, USA
Health Psychol 20:47-63. 2001..This literature has important conceptual and methodological issues that need to be resolved before any definitive conclusions can be reached...
- Induction of MUC1-specific cellular immunity by a recombinant BCG expressing human MUC1 and secreting IL2Jianbo He
Revlon UCLA Breast Center, Department of Surgery, University of California at Los Angeles, School of Medicine, 90095, USA
Int J Oncol 20:1305-11. 2002..These results suggest that BCG-MUC1-IL2 preferentially induces MUC1-specific cellular immune responses and it may serve as a vaccine for breast cancer prevention and treatment...
- High resolution analysis of cellular immune responses in resolved and persistent hepatitis C virus infectionGeorg M Lauer
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 127:924-36. 2004..Previous studies have largely focused on limited HLA alleles and predefined CD8+ T-cell epitopes, and, thus, comprehensive studies remain to be performed...
- Cross-clade protective immune responses to influenza viruses with H5N1 HA and NA elicited by an influenza virus-like particleRick A Bright
Novavax, Inc, Rockville, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e1501. 2008....
- Stimulation of HIV-specific cellular immunity by structured treatment interruption fails to enhance viral control in chronic HIV infectionAnnette Oxenius
Nuffield Department of Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital and Peter Medawar Building for Pathogen Research, Oxford OX1 3SY, UK
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13747-52. 2002..Overall, these data indicate that STI-induced quantitative boosting of HIV-specific cellular immunity was not associated with substantial change in viral replication and that STI was largely restoring ..
- Coadministration of HIV vaccine vectors with vaccinia viruses expressing IL-15 but not IL-2 induces long-lasting cellular immunitySangKon Oh
Molecular Immunogenetics and Vaccine Research Section, Metabolism Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:3392-7. 2003....
- TLR4 mediates vaccine-induced protective cellular immunity to Bordetella pertussis: role of IL-17-producing T cellsSarah C Higgins
Immune Regulation Research Group, School of Biochemistry and Immunology, Trinity College, Dublin 2, Ireland
J Immunol 177:7980-9. 2006..Our findings also demonstrate that activation of innate immune cells through TLR4 helps to direct the induction of Th1 and Th-17 cells, which mediate protective cellular immunity to B. pertussis.
- HLA class I-driven evolution of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 subtype c proteome: immune escape and viral loadChristine M Rousseau
Department of Microbiology, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 358070, Seattle, WA 98195 8070, USA
J Virol 82:6434-46. 2008....
- Preconceptual administration of an alphavirus replicon UL83 (pp65 homolog) vaccine induces humoral and cellular immunity and improves pregnancy outcome in the guinea pig model of congenital cytomegalovirus infectionMark R Schleiss
Department of Pediatrics, Center for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Translational Research, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, 55455, USA
J Infect Dis 195:789-98. 2007..These results indicate that cell-mediated immune responses directed against a CMV matrix protein can protect against congenital CMV infection and disease...
- The effect of Gd@C82(OH)22 nanoparticles on the release of Th1/Th2 cytokines and induction of TNF-alpha mediated cellular immunityYing Liu
CAS Key Laboratory for Biomedical Effects of Nanomaterials and Nanosafety, National Center for Nanoscience and Technology of China, Beijing 100190, China
Biomaterials 30:3934-45. 2009..The underlying mechanism for high anticancer activity may be attributed to the fact that this water-soluble nanomaterial effectively triggers the host immune system to scavenge tumor cells...
- Delivery of human immunodeficiency virus vaccine vectors to the intestine induces enhanced mucosal cellular immunityLingshu Wang
Vaccine Research Center, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 3005, USA
J Virol 83:7166-75. 2009..These studies suggest that induction of primary immune responses by rAd5 gut immunization and subsequent systemic boosting elicits potent antigen-specific gut mucosal responses...
- Pediatric autoimmune liver diseases: the molecular basis of humoral and cellular immunityL Wen
Section of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Curr Mol Med 1:379-89. 2001..The presence of cross-reactivity between homologous sequences, especially between HCV and cytochromes, supports the possibility that molecular mimicry plays a role in the induction of autoantibodies and autoreactive cytotoxic T cells...
- Vaccination with replication-deficient recombinant adenoviruses encoding the main surface antigens of toxoplasma gondii induces immune response and protection against infection in miceBráulia C Caetano
Laboratorio de Imunoparasitologia, Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, 31270 901, Brazil
Hum Gene Ther 17:415-26. 2006..gondii antigens, other parasite antigens should be tested alone or in combination with those described here to further develop a protective vaccine against toxoplasmosis...
- Multiple defects in innate and adaptive immunologic function in NOD/LtSz-scid miceL D Shultz
Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, ME 04609
J Immunol 154:180-91. 1995..B-17/Sz-scid/scid animals. The multiple defects in innate and adaptive immunity unique to the NOD/LtSz-scid/scid mouse provide an excellent in vivo environment for reconstitution with human hematopoietic cells...
- Better influenza vaccines for older people: what will it take?Janet E McElhaney
J Infect Dis 198:632-4. 2008
- Alcohol, injury, and cellular immunityKelly A Nordyke Messingham
Department of Cell Biology, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Alcohol 28:137-49. 2002..Independently, alcohol exposure and injury have been shown to influence cellular immunity negatively...
- Divergent roles of IL-23 and IL-12 in host defense against Klebsiella pneumoniaeKyle I Happel
Section of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Exp Med 202:761-9. 2005..pneumoniae, the former of which is required for IFN-gamma expression and the latter of which is required for IL-17 production...
- AHR-mediated immunomodulation: the role of altered gene transcriptionNancy I Kerkvliet
Department of Environmental and Molecular Toxicology and Environmental Health Sciences Center, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 77:746-60. 2009..Based on studies using AHR(-/-) mice, evidence for a role of endogenous AHR ligands in regulation of the immune response is growing, with bilirubin and lipoxinA4 representing two promising candidates...
- Protective cross-reactive cellular immunity to lethal A/Goose/Guangdong/1/96-like H5N1 influenza virus is correlated with the proportion of pulmonary CD8(+) T cells expressing gamma interferonSang Heui Seo
Division of Virology, Department of Infectious Diseases, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
J Virol 76:4886-90. 2002..Our findings indicate that pulmonary cellular immunity may be very important in protecting naïve natural hosts against lethal influenza viruses.
- Cellular immunity and active human cytomegalovirus infection in patients with septic shockLutz von Muller
Institute of Virology, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
J Infect Dis 196:1288-95. 2007....
- Induction of cellular immunity against hair follicle melanocyte causes alopeciaHiroshi Nagai
Department of Dermatology, Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, 7 5 1 Kusunoki cho, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0017, Japan
Arch Dermatol Res 298:131-4. 2006..Although hair follicle melanocytes have long been thought to be one of the targets of AA, evidence to support the hypothesis is sparse. Therefore, we believe that our observation is significant to support the hypothesis...
- Developing DNA vaccines that call to dendritic cellsMichele A Kutzler
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Clin Invest 114:1241-4. 2004..Such cooperative strategies delivering vaccine in a single, simple platform result in improved cellular immunity in vivo, including enhanced tetramer responses and IFN-gamma secretion by antigen-specific cells.
- Cellular immunity and levels of parathyroid hormone in uremic patients receiving hemodialysisIoannis Griveas
Nephrology Department, Papageorgiou General Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ren Fail 27:275-8. 2005..We studied the changes in cellular immunity in patients in hemodialysis (HD) therapy and examined the relationship between T-lymphocyte function and ..
- Psychosocial adaptation and cellular immunity in breast cancer patients in the weeks after surgery: An exploratory studyBonnie B Blomberg
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
J Psychosom Res 67:369-76. 2009....
- Dopamine beta-hydroxylase deficiency impairs cellular immunityR C Alaniz
Department of Immunology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:2274-8. 1999..These results indicate that physiological catecholamine production is not required for normal development of the immune system, but plays an important role in the modulation of T cell-mediated immunity to infection and immunization...
- The effect of Rhodiola quadrifida extracts on cellular immunity in mice and ratsE Skopńska-Rózewska
Department of Pathology, Biostructure Center, Medical University, Warsaw, Poland
Pol J Vet Sci 11:105-11. 2008..to study the in vivo effect of aqueous and 50% hydro-alcoholic extracts of Rq rhizomes on some parameters of cellular immunity in mice and rats...
- CCL21 induces extensive intratumoral immune cell infiltration and specific anti-tumor cellular immunityHeth R Turnquist
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Int J Oncol 30:631-9. 2007....
- Mechanisms of central nervous system viral persistence: the critical role of antibody and B cellsChandran Ramakrishna
Department of Neurology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1333 San Pablo Street, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Immunol 168:1204-11. 2002Contributions of humoral and cellular immunity in controlling neurotropic mouse hepatitis virus persistence within the CNS were determined in B cell-deficient J(H)D and syngeneic H-2(d) B cell+ Ab-deficient mice...
- The linkage of innate to adaptive immunity via maturing dendritic cells in vivo requires CD40 ligation in addition to antigen presentation and CD80/86 costimulationShin ichiro Fujii
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 199:1607-18. 2004....
- Sequential development of interleukin 2-dependent effector and regulatory T cells in response to endogenous systemic antigenBirgit Knoechel
Department of Pathology, University of California, San Francisco, School of Medicine, CA 94143, USA
J Exp Med 202:1375-86. 2005..Thus, a peripheral T cell reaction to a systemic antigen goes through a phase of effector cell-mediated pathology followed by T reg cell-mediated recovery, and both require the growth factor IL-2...
- Cord blood leucocyte expression of functionally significant molecules involved in the regulation of cellular immunityS Hodge
Haematology Department, Women s and Children s Hospital, 72 King William Street, Adelaide, South Australia
Scand J Immunol 53:72-8. 2001..The findings of lower expression of IL-2R beta and lower production of inflammatory cytokines IL-1 alpha, IL-1 beta and TNF-alpha is a basis for improved understanding of the immunological immaturity of leucocytes in the newborn...
- Molecular regulation of cellular immunity by FOXP3Alicia N McMurchy
Department of Surgery, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Adv Exp Med Biol 665:30-46. 2009....
- Recombinant attenuated Salmonella harboring 4-1BB ligand gene enhances cellular immunityJian Xin Ye
Department of Gastroenterology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Key Laboratory of Clinical Immunology of Jiangsu Province, Suzhou 215006, China
Vaccine 27:1717-23. 2009..To transfect antigen presenting cells (APCs) with 4-1BB ligand DNA by attenuated Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium in vivo, and to observe the effects of ectogenous 4-1BBL on the immune functions of infected rats...
- Induction of Th17 cellular immunity with a novel nanoemulsion adjuvantAnna U Bielinska
University of Michigan Nanotechnology Institute for Medicine and Biological Sciences and Department of Internal Medicine, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 5648, USA
Crit Rev Immunol 30:189-99. 2010..We have developed a novel mucosal nanoemulsion (NE) adjuvant that produces a robust humoral and T1 cellular immunity. Herein, we demonstrate that immunization with NE adjuvant induces a T17 response to diverse antigens in ..
- Recombinant modified vaccinia virus Ankara expressing antigen 85A boosts BCG-primed and naturally acquired antimycobacterial immunity in humansHelen McShane
Centre for Clinical Vaccinology and Tropical Medicine, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Nat Med 10:1240-4. 2004..Boosting vaccinations with MVA85A could offer a practical and efficient strategy for enhancing and prolonging antimycobacterial immunity in tuberculosis-endemic areas...
- A synthetic HIV-1 Tat protein breaches the skin barrier and elicits Tat-neutralizing antibodies and cellular immunityCharalambos D Partidos
UPR 9021, Institut de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS, Strasbourg, France
Eur J Immunol 34:3723-31. 2004..Transcutaneous immunization may be advantageous for the non-invasive delivery of other HIV candidate vaccine antigens...
- Multigene DNA priming-boosting vaccines protect macaques from acute CD4+-T-cell depletion after simian-human immunodeficiency virus SHIV89.6P mucosal challengeN A Doria-Rose
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
J Virol 77:11563-77. 2003..b>Cellular immunity to SHIV89...
- Distinct TLR- and NLR-mediated transcriptional responses to an intracellular pathogenJess H Leber
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 4:e6. 2008..Combinatorial control of IFNbeta induction by recognition of both DNA and MDP may highlight a mechanism by which the innate immune system integrates the responses to multiple ligands presented in the cytosol by intracellular pathogens...
- Human immunodeficiency virus-type 1 specific cellular immunity in chronic infected patients on prolonged highly active antiretroviral treatment and on structured treatment interruptionReikei Matsuda
Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institute, Novelsvägen, Solna, Sweden
Microbiol Immunol 50:629-35. 2006..We analyzed Nef, Tat, and p24 specific cellular immunity using IFN-gamma enzyme-linked immunospot assays and T cell proliferation assays...
- Severe feed restriction enhances innate immunity but suppresses cellular immunity in chicken lines divergently selected for antibody responsesB N Hangalapura
Adaptation Physiology Group, Wageningen Institute of Animal Sciences, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Poult Sci 84:1520-9. 2005..Finally, under severe FR, relative spleen weight was lower in the L line than in the H line. The present findings suggest genetic differences affecting physiological and immunological responses under FR conditions...
- The discovery of cellular immunity in the atherosclerotic plaqueGoran K Hansson
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:1714-7. 2009..This notion was met with general skepticism but has gained support from experimental and clinical studies. Here we describe some of the early studies that helped developing this concept...
- DNA vaccine expressing HIV-1 gp120/immunoglobulin fusion protein enhances cellular immunityMasaru Shimada
Department of Molecular Biodefense Research, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Vaccine 28:4920-7. 2010..These results demonstrate that covalent antigen modification with an Ig sequence can modulate antigen-specific cellular immune responses. The approach may be useful for vaccine development...
- Alpha1-antitrypsin gene therapy modulates cellular immunity and efficiently prevents type 1 diabetes in nonobese diabetic miceYuanqing Lu
Department of Pharmaceutics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Hum Gene Ther 17:625-34. 2006..Adoptive transfer experiments demonstrated that AAT gene therapy attenuated cellular immunity associated with beta cell destruction...
- Cellular immunity in children with successful immunoprophylactic treatment for mother-to-child transmission of hepatitis B virusHaruki Komatsu
Department of Pediatrics, Yokohama Eastern Hospital, 3 6 1 Shimosueyoshi Tsurumi Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0012, Japan
BMC Infect Dis 10:103. 2010..However, little is known about immunity against HBV infection in children after immunoprophylactic treatment. We tried to assess the association between T-cell responses and viremia in children after successful prophylactic treatment...
- Cellular immunity in dogs with keratoconjunctivitis sicca before and after treatment with topical 2% cyclosporineB C Gilger
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1089, USA
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 49:199-208. 1995Peripheral cellular immunity of ten dogs with keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS) that had not been treated with topical corticosteroids or cyclosporine was evaluated (by use of in vitro lymphocyte proliferation assays and CD4+/CD8+ ..
- Progress in vaccination for histoplasmosis and blastomycosis: coping with cellular immunityGeorge S Deepe
Veterans Affairs Hospital and Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0560, USA
Med Mycol 43:381-9. 2005..More importantly, the studies summarized herein demonstrate that understanding the host response to a protein or mutant fungus is critical to creating a vaccine that may be useful for the immunocompromised patient...
- Cellular immunity to varicella-zoster virus in patients with major depressionM Irwin
VA Medical Center, University of California, San Diego, USA
J Infect Dis 178:S104-8. 1998..and this appears to be causally related to an age-dependent decline in varicella-zoster virus (VZV)-specific cellular immunity. Psychologic stress has also been linked to the occurrence of herpes zoster, but the mechanism involved has ..
- Impact of aging on innate immunityG Pawelec
Second Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tubingen Medical School, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 64:703-12. 1998....
- Recombinant vaccinia virus expressing interleukin-2 invokes anti-tumor cellular immunity in an orthotopic murine model of head and neck squamous cell carcinomaSantanu Dasgupta
Department of Internal Medicine and the Barrett Cancer Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267, USA
Mol Ther 13:183-93. 2006..We conclude that anti-tumor activities of rvv-IL-2 are due to the induction of tumor-specific CD8+ CTL and CD4+ Th1-type helper T cells, and rvv-IL-2 may be used for treatment of HNSCC patients, since SCC VII/SF closely resembles HNSCC...
- Improved efficiency in detecting cellular immunity towards M. tuberculosis in patients receiving immunosuppressive drug therapyUrban Sester
Department of Internal Medicine IV, Nephrology, University of the Saarland, D 66421 Homburg, Germany
Nephrol Dial Transplant 21:3258-68. 2006..The limited sensitivity of the established tuberculin skin-test in identifying latently infected patients on immunosuppressive drug therapy represents a major obstacle to better tuberculosis control after transplantation...
- Detection of cellular immunity to rabies antigens in human vaccineesSusan M Moore
Department of Diagnostic Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66506, USA
J Clin Immunol 26:533-45. 2006....
- Analysis of the persistence of humoral and cellular immunity in children and adults immunized with varicella vaccineL Zerboni
Department of Pediatrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5208, USA
J Infect Dis 177:1701-4. 1998The persistence of humoral and cellular immunity to varicella-zoster virus (VZV) was evaluated in 60 children and 18 adults immunized with live attenuated VZV vaccine...
- Screening Complete TB Proteome for Protective AntigensAlan Greener; Fiscal Year: 2007..throughput, proteome-based identification of antigens that have a high probability of inducing protective cellular immunity when formulated and administered as a vaccine...
- Use of Substance P antagonists to regulate the skin immune functionAdriana T Larregina; Fiscal Year: 2010..Substance-P (SP) is the prototype pro-inflammatory neuropeptide which favors cellular immunity by promoting the activation, proliferation and survival of immune cells...
- SEX HORMONE REGULATION OF THE MUCOSAL IMMUNE SYSTEMCharles Wira; Fiscal Year: 1993..These actions account for changes in humoral and cellular immunity and have clinical applications in the treatment of venereal diseases, autoimmune diseases, malignancy, ..
- Impact of Calorie Restriction on Thymopoiesis in HumansVISHWA DIXIT; Fiscal Year: 2009..The decline in cellular immunity with age is a direct consequence of progressive replacement of thymic lymphoid and stromal cell compartment ..
- Impact of Calorie Restriction on Thymopoiesis in HumansVishwa Deep Dixit; Fiscal Year: 2010..The decline in cellular immunity with age is a direct consequence of progressive replacement of thymic lymphoid and stromal cell compartment ..
- SYNERGY OF HOST DEFENSE MECHANISMS IN LUNGArturo Casadevall; Fiscal Year: 2006..is acquired by inhalation and there is consensus that an effective host response in the lung involves cellular immunity. However, there is also overwhelming evidence from many laboratories that antibody-mediated immunity can ..
- Role of anti-Col (V) immunity in primary graft dysfunctionDavid S Wilkes; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recent work by our group suggests that both humoral and cellular immunity to col(V) are involved in PGD pathogenesis...
- IMMUNITY & VIRAL REPLICATION IN CHILDREN WITH VARICELLAAnn Arvin; Fiscal Year: 1993..The importance of VZV cellular immunity is illustrated by the severity of varicella in children with T-cell deficiencies...
- Cellular Immunity Against Ehrlichia chaffeensisROMAN GANTA; Fiscal Year: 2007..chaffeensis and other closely related organisms. ..
- ENDODONTIC TREATMENT FOR PERSONS WHO ARE HIV POSITIVEDavid Rosenstein; Fiscal Year: 2001..The primary hypothesis is that assessment of both cellular immunity depletion as well as residual cellular immunity function will be accurate predictors for endodontic success ..
- Dynamics of SHIV clade C and S mansoni coinfectionRuth Ruprecht; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, animal model studies have shown that vaccines that normally induce strong cellular immunity failed to do so in Schistosoma mansoni-infected animals...
- AGBD T CELL DEPENDENT MECHANISMS OF GLOMERULONEPHRITISTanya Mayadas; Fiscal Year: 2006There is compelling evidence that cellular immunity plays a role in the pathogenesis of glomerulonephritis (GN)...
- Immunology and Outcomes after HAART in HIV/TB CoinfectionGregory P Bisson; Fiscal Year: 2010..In another scenario delayed recovery of cellular immunity may be associated with inability to control opportunistic pathogens and death...
- Immunology and Outcomes after HAART in HIV/TB CoinfectionGregory P Bisson; Fiscal Year: 2010..In another scenario delayed recovery of cellular immunity may be associated with inability to control opportunistic pathogens and death...
- Immunology and Outcomes after HAART in HIV/TB CoinfectionGregory Bisson; Fiscal Year: 2009..In another scenario delayed recovery of cellular immunity may be associated with inability to control opportunistic pathogens and death...
- Cellular Immunity to Chlamydua at the Epithelial InterfaceRaymond Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2007..Defining what protective T cells look like, and how they function, will be critical for designing and assessing future Chlamydia candidate vaccines. ..
- Cellular Immunity to Chlamydua at the Epithelial InterfaceRaymond Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Defining what protective T cells look like, and how they function, will be critical for designing and assessing future Chlamydia candidate vaccines. ..
- Cellular Immunity Against Ehrlichia chaffeensisROMAN GANTA; Fiscal Year: 2002..chaffeensis and other closely related organisms. ..
- Direct Regulation of CD8 T Cells by Interferon gammaMarulasiddappa Suresh; Fiscal Year: 2010..Evidence indicate that cellular immunity mediated by CD8 T cells is important in defense against LCMV, and most likely Lassa virus...
- Cell-mediated protection against pneumonic plagueStephen T Smiley; Fiscal Year: 2010..While the rF1V vaccine primarily stimulates antibody-mediated humoral immunity, T cell-dependent cellular immunity comprises a second means by which vaccines can prime long-lived protection...