Genomes and Genes
Summary: Either of a pair of tubular structures formed by DUCTUS DEFERENS; ARTERIES; VEINS; LYMPHATIC VESSELS; and nerves. The spermatic cord extends from the deep inguinal ring through the INGUINAL CANAL to the TESTIS in the SCROTUM.
Publications206 found, 100 shown here
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord masquerading as an incarcerated inguinal herniaJ Matthew Hassan
Department of Urology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2765, USA
Am Surg 69:163-5. 2003We present a rare case of liposarcoma of the spermatic cord. There are only 61 reports in the literature. The presenting complaint is usually a painless bulge in the inguinal or scrotal region...
- [Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord--report of one new case and review of the literature]M May
Klinik für Urologie, Carl Thiem Klinikum Cottbus
Aktuelle Urol 35:130-3. 2004Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord is a rare entity. Although most liposarcomas of the spermatic cord are well-differentiated, the propensity for local recurrence is high...
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic-cord: description of two clinical cases and review of the literatureMichele Malizia
Department of Urology, University of Bologna, Policlinico S Orsola Malpighi General Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Arch Ital Urol Androl 77:115-7. 2005b>Spermatic cord liposarcoma is a rare tumor; currently only 161 cases are described in literature. Natural history of these tumors is marked by the high local recurrence rate...
- Adult spermatic cord sarcomas: management and resultsJonathan Coleman
Department of Urology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:669-75. 2003We present a 20-year surgical experience with spermatic cord sarcoma, describe prognostic features, and evaluate the results of surgical and adjunctive treatments.
- [A case of metastatic tumor of spermatic cord from ascending colon carcinoma]Yohei Shida
The Division of Nephro Urology, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Hinyokika Kiyo 52:733-5. 2006..High orchiectomy was performed under the diagnosis of spermatic cord tumor. Gross examination of the specimen revealed a 5.0 X 3.2 X 3.0 cm tumor in the spermatic cord...
- Spermatic cord torsion with preserved testis perfusion: initial anatomical observationsDennis F Bentley
Department of Urology, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Akron, Ohio, USA
J Urol 172:2373-6. 2004..We hypothesize that patients with specific anatomical configurations maintain testicular blood flow for prolonged periods, and, therefore, will have flow on ultrasound despite concurrent torsion...
- [Hydatid cyst of the spermatic cord]Noureddine Haouas
Service d Urologie, Hopital Sahloul, Sousse, Tunisie
Prog Urol 16:499-501. 2006The authors report the third published case of hydatid disease of the spermatic cord and describe its unusual presentation in the form of hydrocele...
- Rhabdomyosarcoma of the spermatic cord. A case report with review of the literatureMichele Moroni
Department of Human Pathology, University of Florence Medical School, Florence, Italy
Urol Int 71:114-7. 2003Rhabdomyosarcoma is a rare malignant tumor that may occur in the spermatic cord in childhood. So far, 62 cases have been reported in the English literature...
- Microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord for chronic orchialgia: long-term results from a single centerKurt H Strom
Department of Urology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Urol 180:949-53. 2008We assessed the long-term efficacy, complications and patient perceptions of microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord in the treatment of chronic orchialgia.
- Ectopic pheochromocytoma arising in the spermatic cord 5 years after removal of bilateral carotid body tumors and adrenal pheochromocytomasT Abe
Department of Urology, Abashiri Kosei Hospital, Japan
Int J Urol 7:110-1. 2000A patient with ectopic pheochromocytoma that developed in the spermatic cord about 5 years after successive resections of bilateral carotid body tumors and bilateral adrenal pheochromocytomas is reported...
- Epidermoid cyst arising from the spermatic cord areaT Tanaka
Department of Urology, Osaka Municipal Juso shimin Hospital, Japan
Int J Urol 7:277-9. 2000We report on an epidermoid cyst arising from the spermatic cord area that was confirmed histologically after local excision.
- Giant malignant mesenchymoma of the spermatic cord with bidirectional differentiationR Paul
Urologische Klinik und Poliklinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen
Onkologie 24:73-5. 2001b>Spermatic cord neoplasms are a rare tumor entity and, moreover, of benign behavior. Malignant tumors of the spermatic cord are mostly of mesenchymal origin...
- [A case of leiomyosarcoma of the spermatic cord]Takashi Yoshii
Department of Urology, Teikyo University School of Medicine
Hinyokika Kiyo 48:225-7. 2002..to our hospital for further treatment of lung and adrenal metastases from leiomyosarcoma occurring in the left spermatic cord. He had undergone high orchiectomy 5 months before, but no adjuvant therapy was done...
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cordC Bouropoulos
Department of Urology, Artas General Hospital, Greece
Int Urol Nephrol 33:397-8. 2001Primary malignant tumors of the spermatic cord are rare. We report a case of paratesticular liposarcoma and discuss the prognosis of this neoplasm and its therapeutic implications.
- [Local recurrence of liposarcoma of the spermatic cord 6 years after orchiectomy: a case report]Noriyasu Hagiwara
Department of Urology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 48:443-6. 2002A 78-year-old man had undergone high inguinal orchiectomy because of a tumor of the right spermatic cord. Pathological diagnosis was pleomorphic liposarcoma according to the WHO classification...
- A right-sided renal carcinoma uniquely presenting as a mass in the spermatic cordJ A Hicks
Department of Urology, St Mary s Hospital, Portsmouth, UK
Urol Int 70:247-8. 2003Renal cell carcinoma presenting as a mass in the left testis or spermatic cord has previously been described with retrograde venous spread along the gonadal artery as the suggested mechanism...
- Solitary neurofibroma of the spermatic cordKonstantinos N Milathianakis
Department of Urology, Anticancer Hospital of Piraeus Metaxa, Piraeus, Greece
Urol Int 72:271-4. 2004..Schwann cells, commonly occur throughout the body, but they rarely have been reported to originate from the spermatic cord. The solitary neurofibroma is a localized tumour that, by definition, occurs in patients who do not have von ..
- Myxoid liposarcoma of the spermatic cord: a case report and review of the literatureA Panagis
Department of Surgery, General Hospital of Alexandroupolis, Greece
Int Urol Nephrol 35:369-72. 2003Myxoid liposarcoma of the spermatic cord (MLSC) is a rare variance of spermatic sarcomas, with only 14 previous cases having been reported. Typically it presents during the seventh decade of life as a painless scrotal or inguinal mass...
- Laparoscopic resection of metastatic pelvic liposarcomaHong B Shim
Department of Urology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Int Braz J Urol 32:445-7. 2006We report a pelvic liposarcoma originating from the left spermatic cord that recurred following inadequate excision. In our case, the tumor was resected without performing orchiectomy previously...
- [Metastasis of colon adenocarcinoma to the epididymis and spermatic cord]José Manuel Janeiro Pais
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Juan Canalejo, La Coruna, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 59:746-8. 2006To report the case of an epididymal and spermatic cord metastasis of a colon adenocarcinoma.
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord: report of 2 casesT J R Bestman
Department of Surgery, AZ St Dimpna, Geel, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 107:58-9. 2007..It is treated by radical surgical resection. The diagnosis is usually made postoperatively. The role of adjuvant radio- or chemotherapy is uncertain...
- Sparganosis presenting as spermatic cord hydrocele in six-year-old boyDong hoon Lim
Department of Urology, Chosun University College of Medicine and Hospital, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Urology 70:1223.e1-2. 2007..However, no previous cases have been reported of it presenting as a spermatic cord hydrocele. We present a case of sparganosis with spermatic cord hydrocele in a 6-year-old boy.
- First report of liposarcoma of the spermatic cord after radical prostatectomy for prostate cancerTateki Yoshino
Department of Urology, Mazda Hospital, 2 15 Aosaki minami Fuchu cho Akigun, Hiroshima 735 8585, Japan
Anticancer Res 29:677-80. 2009Primary liposarcoma of the spermatic cord (LSC) is a rare neoplasm; there are fewer than 100 cases reported in the English literature worldwide...
- Ipsilateral testicular necrosis and atrophy after 1,080-degree torsion of the spermatic cord in ratsFrederico Ramalho Romero
UFPR, Curitiba PR, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 24:118-23. 2009To assess the incidence of testicular necrosis/atrophy immediately after 1 to 4 hours of 1,080-degree torsion of the spermatic cord, and 60 days after detorsion of the spermatic cord.
- [Giant dedifferenciated liposarcoma of the spermatic cord]Fernando Fernandez
Servicio de Urología Clínica Rafael Uribe Uribe, Clínica Urológica Salus, Cali, Colombia
Arch Esp Urol 62:751-5. 2009To describe a patient with dedifferentiated liposarcoma of the spermatic cord and to perform a bibliographic review.
- Occult gastric signet ring cell carcinoma presenting as spermatic cord and testicular metastases: "Krukenberg tumor" in a male patientInga Marie Schaefer
Department of Pathology, University Medicine, Robert Koch Strasse 40, D 37099 Göttingen, Germany
Pathol Res Pract 206:519-21. 2010..Right-sided orchiectomy was performed, and metastatic signet ring cell carcinoma of spermatic cord and testis was diagnosed through histological examination and immunohistochemistry...
- Management of spermatic cord liposarcoma in renal transplant recipients: case reportT M Manzia
UOC Trapianti d Organo, Sant Eugenio Hospital, University Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Transplant Proc 42:1355-7. 2010Herein, we report the case of a 52-year-old man with a spermatic cord liposarcoma that developed 4 years after renal transplantation. The patient was admitted with a diagnosis of inguinal hernia...
- Angioarchitecture of the bovine spermatic cordMichał Polguj
Department of Normal and Clinical Anatomy, Chair of Anatomy, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
J Morphol 272:497-502. 2011..morphometry of the testicular artery, pampiniform plexus veins, and indirect connections between them in the spermatic cord of the bull...
- Spermatic cord metastasis from colon cancer: report of a caseKeiichiro Ishibashi
Department of Digestive Tract and General Surgery, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, 1981 Tsujido machi, Kamoda, Kawagoe, Saitama, 350 8550, Japan
Surg Today 41:418-21. 2011We herein report an extremely rare case of a solitary metastasis to the spermatic cord from colon cancer...
- Spermatic cord myxoid liposarcoma presenting as an incarcerated inguinal hernia: report of a case and review of literaturesY F Hsu
Department of General Surgery, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, No 95, Wen Chang Road, Shin Lin District, Taipei, 111, Taiwan
Hernia 16:719-22. 2012..We report a new case of primary spermatic cord liposarcoma presenting as emergent incarcerated inguinal hernia and review the related literature.
- Recurrent giant liposarcoma of the spermatic cordPaola De Nardi
Department of Surgery, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Urology 79:113-4. 2012A giant recurrent retroperitoneal liposarcoma of the spermatic cord was removed in a 40-year-old man. The tumor measured 50 cm and weighed 42 Kilograms. Radiotherapy and chemotherapy have little role in this neoplasm...
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord: a report of two casesC J Tan
Surgical Assessment Unit, Daisy Hill Hospital, Newry, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 94:e10-2. 2012Liposarcomas of the spermatic cord are unusual and rarely reported in the literature. These tumours can sometimes be mistaken for the common scrotal swellings such as hydrocoeles and hernias...
- Spermatic cord metastases from gastric cancer with elevation of serum hCG-beta: a case reportT Ota
Department of Urology, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 30:239-40. 2000b>Spermatic cord metastases from gastric cancer are rare. We here document a case involving a gastric cancer that mimicked primary testicular tumor because of elevation of the serum human chorionic gonadotropin-beta (hCG-beta)...
- Aggressive angiomyxoma of the spermatic cord. Two unusual cases occurring in childhoodG Carlinfante
Dipartimento di Patologia, , Italy
Pathol Res Pract 197:139-44. 2001We report on two cases of aggressive angiomyxoma (AAM) of the spermatic cord occurring in two 13-year-old children. Clinically, the tumor simulated a mass of the spermatic cord...
- Microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord as primary surgical treatment of chronic orchialgiaL A Levine
Department of Urology, Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Urol 165:1927-9. 2001PURPOSE: We evaluate the effectiveness of microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cord for treatment of chronic orchialgia...
- Primary lymphoma of spermatic cordM Okabea
Department of Medicine, Kushiro Rosai General Hospital, the Labor Welfare Corporation, Japan
Leuk Lymphoma 40:663-6. 2001Primary lymphomas of spermatic cord are extremely rare...
- Renal cell carcinoma metastatic to the testis and its adnexa: a report of five cases including three that accounted for the initial clinical presentationM W Datta
Department of Pathology, Froedtert Memorial Lutheran Hospital and Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226-0509, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 9:49-56. 2001..Further work-up led to the discovery of a testicular mass. The final patient had a tumor of the spermatic cord that was examined without knowledge that he had a prior renal neoplasm. All the tumors were unilateral...
- Spermatic cord metastasis from prostatic cancerA S Bawa
J Postgrad Med 49:97-8. 2003
- Intraoperative characterization of arterial vasculature in spermatic cordJay D Raman
Center for Male Reproductive Medicine and Microsurgery, Department of Urology and Cornell Institute of Reproductive Medicine, New York Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York, New York, USA
Urology 64:561-4. 2004To characterize the arterial microanatomy within the spermatic cord.
- Spermatic cord anesthesia block for scrotal procedures in outpatient clinic settingMuta M Issa
Department of Urology, Atlanta Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Urol 172:2358-61. 2004We evaluated the safety and effectiveness of spermatic cord anesthetic block (SCAB) as the only method of anesthesia for bilateral simple orchiectomy in an outpatient clinic setting.
- Persistent and recurrent postsurgical varicoceles: venographic anatomy and treatment with N-butyl cyanoacrylate embolizationDaniel Y Sze
Division of Interventional Radiology, Stanford University Medical Center, H 3646, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:539-45. 2008..To elucidate the mechanism of persistence or recurrence of varicoceles after surgical repair by examining the venographic anatomy, and to review the efficacy of treatment of these patients with n-butyl cyanoacrylate (NBCA) embolization...
- Klatskin tumor with spermatic cord metastasis: a case reportYing Hsu Chang
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Chang Gung Med J 32:104-7. 2009Malignant spermatic cord tumor is quite uncommon. Metastatic spermatic cord tumor is even rarer. Here we report a case of metastatic spermatic cord tumor from a common hepatic duct tumor (Klatskin tumor)...
- Surgery plus targeted therapy for renal cell carcinoma with isolated spermatic cord metastasisJose J Correa
Department of Urologic Oncology and Genitourinary Medical Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer and Research Center, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Clin Genitourin Cancer 7:E101-3. 2009We present a case of renal cell carcinoma with metastasis to the ipsilateral spermatic cord. We report the clinical presentation and management of this case and review the scientific literature of this unusual case presentation.
- [Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the spermatic cord]Marcelo Wilson Rocha Almeida
Cirurgia Plástica do Instituto Ivo Pitanguy Rio de Janeiro RJ BR
Rev Col Bras Cir 36:466-7. 2009Non-Hodgkin s lymphoma of the spermatic cord are rare. There is the registration of 14 (fourteen) cases of spermatic cord lymphoma in the literature, all treated with radical orchiectomy with or without radiotherapy...
- Varicocele and nutcracker syndrome: sonographic findingsAfshin Mohammadi
Department of Radiology, Urmia University of Medical Sciences, Urmia, West Azerbaijan, Iran
J Ultrasound Med 29:1153-60. 2010..Varicocele is a vascular lesion commonly associated with infertility. Its etiology is only partly understood; hence, the purpose of the study was to establish its correlation with intrinsic anatomic differences and nutcracker syndrome...
- Microdenervation of the spermatic cord for chronic scrotal content pain: single institution review analyzing success rate after prior attempts at surgical correctionStephen M Larsen
Department of Urology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Urol 189:554-8. 2013Microdenervation of the spermatic cord is an effective treatment for men with intractable scrotal content pain...
- Phaeochromocytoma of the spermatic cordI E Young
Department of General Surgery, Eastern General Hospital, Edinburgh, UK
J Clin Pathol 52:305-6. 1999Phaeochromocytoma of the spermatic cord is very rare. It can arise anywhere in the distribution of cells of neural crest origin, but 80-90% arise in the adrenal medulla and only 3% are extra-abdominal...
- Liposarcoma of the spermatic cordM Dundar
Adnan Menderes University, Medical School, Departments of Urology and Pathology, Aydin, Turkey
Urol Int 67:102-3. 2001..Radical orchiectomy was performed. Pathological analysis demonstrated a well-differentiated liposarcoma. No evidence of recurrence or metastasis has been noted during the 3-month follow-up without any postoperative adjuvant therapy...
- Spermatic cord sarcoma: outcome, patterns of failure and managementM T Ballo
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
J Urol 166:1306-10. 2001..We evaluate the outcome, clarify the patterns of failure and suggest treatment strategies for sarcoma in the spermatic cord. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Between 1956 and 1998, 32 patients with spermatic cord sarcoma were treated at M. D...
- Ectopic adrenocortical nodules along the spermatic cord of childrenC Savas
Suleyman Demirel University Medical School, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Turkey
Int Urol Nephrol 32:681-5. 2001..In the present study, it is aimed to evaluate the ectopic remnants of adrenal tissue encountered during the inguinal operations in children...
- Caudal anesthesia in children: effect of volume versus concentration of bupivacaine on blocking spermatic cord traction response during orchidopexySusan T Verghese
Department of Anesthesiology, Children s National Medical Center, 111 Michigan Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20010, USA
Anesth Analg 95:1219-23, table of contents. 2002..an increase in inspired halothane concentration to block hemodynamic and/or ventilatory response during spermatic cord traction, as compared with 8 patients (29.6%) in Group 2 (P = 0.022). In the recovery room, four (17...
- Human dirofilariasis in Italy: a new case in the spermatic cordS Pampiglione
Department of Veterinary Public Health, University of Bologna, Italy
Parassitologia 44:93-6. 2002..associated with Dirofilaria (Nochtiella) repens (Nematoda, Filarioidea, Onchocercidae) located in the spermatic cord is reported in a 71-year-old man from the province of Campobasso (Central Italy)...
- HHV8-related non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of the spermatic cord in a patient with HIV-associated multicentric Castleman diseaseEmmanuelle Boulanger
Am J Hematol 72:70-1. 2003
- Solitary neurofibroma of the spermatic cordCharalampos Deliveliotis
Department of Urology, Sismanoglio Hospital, Medical School of Kapodistrian, University of Athens, Greece
Int Urol Nephrol 34:373-5. 2002We report a case of solitary neurofibroma of the spermatic cord. Such benign tumors arise from perineural and Schwann cells and may be located in various parts of the body, but are rarely observed in the spermatic cord...
- Spermatic cord liposarcoma: a diagnostic challengeL G Vázquez-Lavista
Department of Urology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Tlalpan, DF Mexico City, Mexico
Hernia 10:195-7. 2006b>Spermatic cord liposarcoma (SCL) is a rare medical condition; to our knowledge there have been fewer than 100 cases reported in the literature worldwide...
- Huge epidermoid cyst of the spermatic cord in an adult patientVagelogiannis Katergiannakis
First Department of Propaedeutic Surgery, Hippocrateion Hospital, University of Athens, Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Int J Urol 13:95-7. 2006Tumors arising in the spermatic cord are uncommon and form a heterogeneous group of neoplasms. A variety of both benign and malignant lesions have been demonstrated...
- Ectopic adrenal tissue in the spermatic cord in pediatric patients: surgical implicationsRoberto Mendez
Pediatric Urology, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Children s Hospital Teresa Herrera, Complexo Hospitalario Juan Canalejo, A Coruna, Spain
Int Braz J Urol 32:202-7; discussion 207. 2006..To study the incidence and relevance of ectopic adrenal tissue in pediatric patients who underwent groin surgical explorations...
- Production of beta-HCG by spermatic cord leiomyosarcoma: a paraneoplastic syndrome?Shih Ming Ou
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, No 325, Sec 2, Cheng Gung Rd, Nei Hu, Taipei, Taiwan 114, Republic of China
J Androl 27:643-4. 2006
- Spermatic cord metastasis as an initial manifestation of non-small cell carcinoma of the lungCevdet Kaya
Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital, Department of Urology, Istanbul, Turkey
Int J Urol 13:846-8. 2006..Thorough radiological and pathologic examinations he was confirmed to have a non-small cell lung cancer with only spermatic cord metastasis and unfortunately the patient died two weeks after admission.
- Massive leiomyosarcoma of the spermatic cordRyuichi Taue
Department of Urology, The University of Tokushima Graduate School Institute of Health Bioscience
Hinyokika Kiyo 53:497-500. 2007A 56-year-old man was diagnosed with a right testicular tumor. Orchiectomy with high ligation of the spermatic cord was performed. Histological examination revealed leiomyosarcoma of the spermatic cord. Distant metastases were not found...
- Spermatic cord mixed liposarcoma. Case report and review of the literatureI Domsa
Department of Pathology, Railroad Clinical Hospital, Cluj Napoca, Romania
Rom J Morphol Embryol 49:105-9. 2008..The anatomo-clinical features, the prognosis and the principles of treatment of this rare condition are shortly discussed...
- Microsurgical denervation of the spermatic cordLaurence A Levine
Section of Urology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Sex Med 5:526-9. 2008
- [Inflammatory malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the spermatic cord infiltrating an inguinal leiomyoma. Case report with conceptual and bibliographic reviews]Juan Manuel Ruiz Liso
Servicio de Patologia, Complejo Hospitalario de Soria Hospital Virgen del Mirón, Soria, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 61:485-98. 2008..To study paratesticular malignant fibrous histiocytomas (FHM) from the clinical, histological, immunohistochemical and histogenetic, point of view...
- [Liposarcoma of the espermatic cord: our experience and review of the literature]Alejandro García Morúa
Hospital Universitario Dr José Eleuterio González, Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico
Actas Urol Esp 33:811-5. 2009..The paratesticular tumors represent 7-10% of the intraescrotales masses. Sarcomas includes 90% of the espermatic cord malignant lessons and approximately the 3-7% are liposarcomas...
- Simple prophylactic procedure of inguinal hernia after radical retropubic prostatectomy: isolation of the spermatic cordYasuyuki Sakai
Department of Urology, Toride Kyodo General Hospital, Toride, Ibaraki, Japan
Int J Urol 16:848-51. 2009..conventional RRP with blunt dissection of the peritoneum at the internal inguinal ring and isolation of the spermatic cord from the peritoneum as a prophylactic procedure for IH...
- Microanatomy of the left and right spermatic cords at subinguinal microsurgical varicocelectomy: comparative study of primary and redo repairsJamie L Libman
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Urology 75:1324-7. 2010To examine and compare the left and right spermatic cord arterial and lymphatic anatomy identified at primary and redo microsurgical subinguinal varicocelectomy.
- Spermatic cord dermoid cyst as paratesticular mass. Case report and bibliographic reviewMaxim Shub Skorniakov
Urology Departmen, Hospital Universitario Puerto Real, Cadiz, Spain
Arch Esp Urol 64:991-4. 2011Presentation of a new case of dermoid cyst of the spermatic cord and to perform a review of the literature.
- Spermatic cord sarcoma in adultsO Merimsky
Department of Medicine, Institut Gustav Roussy, Villejuif, France
Acta Oncol 38:635-8. 1999The cases of 16 adult patients with spermatic cord sarcoma were retrospectively reviewed. Patient ages had a bimodal distribution (median 57.5 years). Presentation was scrotal mass, inguinal mass or both, with an average diameter of 6...
- The influence of inguinal mesh repair on the spermatic cord: a pilot study in the rabbitChristian Peiper
Surgical Clinic, Evangelisches Krankenhaus, Witten, Germany
J Invest Surg 18:273-8. 2005..We investigated the effect of this foreign body reaction on the structures of the spermatic cord in the rabbit...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the spermatic cordJ Watanabe
Department of Urology, Hamamatsu Rosai Hospital, Japan
Int J Urol 6:536-8. 1999A rare case of leiomyosarcoma from the spermatic cord is described. A 72-year-old man complained of a hard, golf-ball sized mass in the right inguinal canal.
- Spermatic cord leiomyosarcoma metastatic to the orbitSophie J Bakri
Department of Ophthalmology, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:213-5. 2003To report a case of spermatic cord leiomyosarcoma metastatic to the orbit.
- Sonographic features of spermatic cord leiomyosarcomaMustafa Secil
Department of Radiology, Dokuz Eylul University Faculty of Medicine, Inciralti, Izmir, Turkey
J Ultrasound Med 23:973-6; quiz 977-8. 2004
- [A case of fibrous pseudotumor in the scrotum]H Iwata
Department of Urology, Tadaoka Municipal Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 47:445-6. 2001..Right high orchiectomy was performed due to the suspicion of malignancy. The tumor arose from the right epididymis and spermatic cord. Histological examination revealed that the tumor was a fibrous pseudotumor in the scrotum.
- [Role of embryogenesis of the left renal vein and spermatic veins in etiopathogenesis of idiopathic varicocele]L Gioffrè
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche, Gattedra di Chirurgia Generale, Universita degli Studi La Sapienza, Roma
G Chir 22:325-32. 2001....
- Lipomas of the cord and round ligamentMichael C Lilly
St Vincent Hospital and Health Care Center, Department of General Surgery, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Ann Surg 235:586-90. 2002To determine the incidence, significance, and anatomy of spermatic cord and round ligament lipomas.
- [Spermatic cord liposarcoma: report of a new case]Nicolás Alberto Cruz Guerra
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Madrid, Espana
Arch Esp Urol 55:191-3. 2002To report an additional case of liposarcoma of the spermatic cord.
- Lithiasis in varicocele veins: "varicolithiasis"Mete Kilciler
Departments of Urology and Radiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, School of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
J Urol 168:630. 2002
- [Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord: case report and review of the literature]Irena Novosel
Sluzba za patologiju i citologiju, Opća bolnica Dr Ivo Pedisić, Sisak
Lijec Vjesn 124:137-9. 2002Liposarcoma of the spermatic cord is rare and is usually discovered during hernia repair operation. We report a 71-year-old patient with spermatic cord liposarcoma...
- Primary paratesticular neuroblastomaClaudio Granata
Department of Surgery, Giannini Gaslini Children s Hospital, Genoa, Italy
J Urol 168:1530-1. 2002
- From the archives of the AFIP: extratesticular scrotal masses: radiologic-pathologic correlationPaula J Woodward
Department of Radiologic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 14th and Alaska NW, Bldg 54, Rm M 121, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Radiographics 23:215-40. 2003The extratesticular scrotal contents consist of the epididymis, spermatic cord, and fascia derived from the embryologic descent of the testis through the abdominal wall...
- Sonography of the scrotumVikram S Dogra
Department of Radiology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, 11100 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Radiology 227:18-36. 2003..Newly described conditions such as intratesticular varicoceles and other benign intratesticular cystic lesions are also discussed...
- [Dedifferentiated liposarcoma of spermatic cord: degeneration of lipoma previously resected]E Peyri Rey
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Comarcal de la Selva, Blanes, Girona
Actas Urol Esp 27:383-6. 2003b>Spermatic cord sarcomas are rare tumours. Dedifferentiated liposarcoma accounts for only 10% of all spermatic cord sarcomas...
- [A case of lipoleiomyosarcoma of the spermatic cord]Masaaki Kaneko
Department of Urology, Nagaoka Red Cross Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 49:337-9. 2003..A hard mass was palpable beside the left spermatic cord, which was covered with a soft tissue mass...
- Spermatic cord liposarcoma: a report of four casesD V Matei
Division of Urology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Anticancer Res 23:2933-4. 2003b>Spermatic cord liposarcoma is a rare pathology (1-4); currently about one hundred cases are documented. The therapy of choice is surgery, followed sometimes by radiotherapy...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the spermatic cord: a case reportHiroaki Kawanishi
Department of Urology, Shizuoka City Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 49:551-4. 2003..The mass was apart from the testis and fixed to the spermatic cord. The firm consistency and heterogeneous expression on ultrasonography suggested a malignant tumor...
- Intraoperative varicocele anatomy: a microscopic study of the inguinal versus subinguinal approachCarin V Hopps
Center for Male Reproductive Medicine and Microsurgery, Cornell Institute for Reproductive Medicine, The New York Weill Cornell Medical Center, New York 10021, USA
J Urol 170:2366-70. 2003..of internal and external spermatic arteries, veins and lymphatics within the subinguinal portion of the spermatic cord in infertile men undergoing microscopic varicocelectomy and compare these findings to the microanatomy ..
- Inguinal fibrolipoma of the spermatic cord: discrepancies between clinical and histopathological findingsA Hegele
Department of Urology, Philipps University, Marburg, Germany
Urol Int 71:435-6. 2003Tumors of the spermatic cord are rare. Up to 20% are malignant and usually located in the paratesticular region...
- Inguinal cord lipomasS Carilli
General Surgery Department, VKF American Hospital, 80200, Istanbul, Turkey
Hernia 8:252-4. 2004..A total of 100 lipomas of the spermatic cord or round ligament were identified and resected in 92 patients...
- Spindle cell lipoma of the spermatic cordMohammed Al Rashid
Department of Urology, Assir Central Hospital, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 25:667-8. 2004
- [Locally recurrent malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the kidney and spermatic cord]M May
Chirurgische Klinik des Carl Thiem Klinikums Cottbus
Urologe A 43:976-81. 2004In this study, 26 patients with locally recurrent malignant fibrous histiocytoma of the kidney and spermatic cord after initial R0 resection were reviewed with regard to therapeutic options and prognosis.
- Giant lipoma of spermatic cord mimcs irreducible inguinal hernia: a case reportYu Tang Chang
Department of Surgery, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 20:247-9. 2004..Although fatty protrusions are often observed along the path of the spermatic cord, true lipomas are not commonly reported...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the spermatic cord: a light and ultrastructural description of one caseMarco Alberghini
Department of Surgical Pathology, IOR, Bologna, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 200:487-91. 2004A case of leiomyosarcoma arising in the spermatic cord is described. A 83-year-old man required medical care for an irreducible inguinal hernia. The patient underwent herniorraphy and transinguinal radical orchiectomy...
- [A case of primary leiomyosarcoma of the spermatic cord]Soichiro Yoshida
Department of Urology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 95:718-21. 2004A 46-year-old man was presented with a firm mass of the spermatic cord. He underwent left radical orchiectomy with clinical diagnosis of spermatic cord tumor. The pathological examination revealed leiomyosarcoma (3.6 x 2.7 x 1...
- Neonatal paratesticular neuroblastoma misdiagnosed as in utero torsion of testisWenceslao Martínez Calonge
Pediatric Surgery Department, Hospital Pediátrico do Centro Hospitalar de Coimbra, Portugal
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:693-5. 2004..All markers showed a progressive decrease, and herniorrhaphy and orchidopexy of the contralateral side were performed at 4 months of age. The patient was tumor-free at 11 months follow-up...
- [Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma originating in spermatic cord: a case report]Zen Ozeki
Department of Urology, Kanto Central Hospital
Hinyokika Kiyo 50:653-5. 2004..A thumb head-sized tumor was palpated through the skin on the left spermatic cord. Tumor resection was performed because it was dissected easily apart from the left spermatic cord...
- Lipoma of the cord and round ligament: an overlooked diagnosis?Ayman O Nasr
Department of Surgery, Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15, Ireland
Hernia 9:245-7. 2005..This study aimed to determine the incidence, significance and association of spermatic cord lipomas to inguinal hernias...
- [Spermatic cord liposarcoma. Association with prostate cancer. Report of a case and review of literature]C Muller Arteaga
Servicio de Urologia, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valladolid
Actas Urol Esp 29:700-3. 2005b>Spermatic Cord Liposarcoma are uncommon soft tissue neoplasm. Association with others tumors is so exceptional...
- Cystic appendix epididymis: a sonomorphologic studyFatih Kantarci
Department of Radiology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, 34300 Istanbul, Turkey
Surg Radiol Anat 27:557-61. 2005..4%). In conclusion, cystic appearance of the appendix epididymis on sonographic examinations is frequent and it should not be mistaken with a torsed testicular appendage...
- [Metastatic tumor of spermatic cord with elevation of serum human chorionic gonadotropin beta-subunit]Soichiro Yoshida
Department of Urology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical School, Kawagoe, Japan
Nihon Hinyokika Gakkai Zasshi 96:714-6. 2005..Under the diagnosis of right testicular tumor, he underwent right radical orchiectomy. The specimen was a spermatic cord tumor with poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma...
- [Primary leiomyosarcoma of the spermatic cord with an unusually indolent clinical course]Nobuyuki Ishii
The Department of Urology, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical School
Hinyokika Kiyo 52:159-61. 2006..The mass was fixed to the left epididymis and spermatic cord. Local excision was performed and histologcal examination revealed leiomyosarcoma originating from the ..
- Angiomyofibroblastoma-like tumors (cellular angiofibroma)Benjamin K Canales
Department of Urology, University of Minnesota, and VA Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455 0392, USA
Int J Urol 13:177-9. 2006..Recommended treatment is complete surgical excision with long-term follow up exams, as local recurrence may occur many years after resection of the lesion...
- REGULATION OF E-SELECTIN DURING ACUTE INFLAMMATIONKevin Billups; Fiscal Year: 1999..tract include renal transplantation, trauma, parenchymal sparing surgery for cancer, and torsion of the spermatic cord. I hypothesize that one of the earliest events to occur during an acute inflammatory response is the ..
- Hypoxia and the Role of HIF-1 in the Ischemic TestisMichael Palladino; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..