Genomes and Genes
Summary: The mucous membrane lining of the uterine cavity that is hormonally responsive during the MENSTRUAL CYCLE and PREGNANCY. The endometrium undergoes cyclic changes that characterize MENSTRUATION. After successful FERTILIZATION, it serves to sustain the developing EMBRYO.
Publications349 found, 100 shown here
- VEGF blockade inhibits angiogenesis and reepithelialization of endometriumXiujun Fan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
FASEB J 22:3571-80. 2008..and regulation by steroid hormones, the lack of clear understanding of the mechanisms of angiogenesis in the endometrium is a major limitation for use of antiangiogenic therapy targeting endometrial vessels...
- The expression profile of micro-RNA in endometrium and endometriosis and the influence of ovarian steroids on their expressionQun Pan
Department of Obstetrics Gynecology, University of Florida, Box 100294, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 13:797-806. 2007..Our aim was to identify specific miRNAs that are expressed in endometrium of women with and without endometriosis...
- Isolation and culture of epithelial progenitors and mesenchymal stem cells from human endometriumCaroline E Gargett
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Centre for Women s Health Research, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Victoria, Australia
Biol Reprod 80:1136-45. 2009Human endometrium is a highly regenerative tissue undergoing more than 400 cycles of growth, differentiation, and shedding during a woman's reproductive years. Endometrial regeneration is likely mediated by adult stem/progenitor cells...
- Gene expression profile for ectopic versus eutopic endometrium provides new insights into endometriosis oncogenic potentialBruno Borghese
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Mixte de Recherche 8104, Paris, France
Mol Endocrinol 22:2557-62. 2008..The objective of this study is to characterize the transcriptome differences between eutopic vs. ectopic endometrium with a special interest in pathways involved in cancerogenesis...
- Progesterone and interferon-tau regulate cystatin C in the endometriumGwonhwa Song
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, 442 Kleberg Center, 2471 TAMU, Texas A and M University, College Station, 77843 2471, USA
Endocrinology 147:3478-83. 2006..inhibitor of lysosomal cysteine proteases cathepsins B (CTSB) and CTSL, which are abundant in the ovine endometrium and conceptus. In mice, cathepsins and cystatins play important roles in implantation and placentation...
- Decidualization of the human endometrium: mechanisms, functions, and clinical perspectivesBirgit Gellersen
Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Semin Reprod Med 25:445-53. 2007..This raises the possibility that biochemical analysis of timed endometrial biopsy samples taken in a nonconception cycle could be informative of subsequent pregnancy outcome...
- Endometrial receptivity markers, the journey to successful embryo implantationHanna Achache
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
Hum Reprod Update 12:731-46. 2006..a three-stage process (apposition, adhesion and invasion) involving synchronized crosstalk between a receptive endometrium and a functional blastocyst...
- Natural selection of human embryos: impaired decidualization of endometrium disables embryo-maternal interactions and causes recurrent pregnancy lossMadhuri Salker
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10287. 2010....
- Expression and regulation of the prokineticins (endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factor and Bv8) and their receptors in the human endometrium across the menstrual cycleS Battersby
Department of Reproductive and Developmental Sciences, Centre for Reproductive Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH16 4SB, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2463-9. 2004..discovered endocrine gland-derived vascular endothelial growth factors and their cognate receptors in the human endometrium during the menstrual cycle...
- Changes in the endometrial transcriptome during the bovine estrous cycle: effect of low circulating progesterone and consequences for conceptus elongationN Forde
School of Agriculture, Food Science, and Veterinary Medicine, and Conway Institute, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Biol Reprod 84:266-78. 2011..This study aimed to: 1) describe the transcriptional changes that occur in the bovine endometrium during the estrous cycle, 2) determine how elevated P4 affects these changes, 3) identify if low P4 alters the ..
- Altered gene expression profiling in endometrium: evidence for progesterone resistanceLusine Aghajanova
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0132, USA
Semin Reprod Med 28:51-8. 2010..Indeed, aberrant expression of progesterone-regulated genes in the endometrium has been implicated in several gynecologic disorders, including endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (..
- Hormonal induction of endometrial receptivityRichard J Paulson
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Fertil Steril 96:530-5. 2011..To review and synthesize information from the scientific literature pertaining to the hormonal induction of endometrial receptivity before ET...
- Comparison of the effects of early pregnancy with human interferon, alpha 2 (IFNA2), on gene expression in bovine endometriumStefan Bauersachs
Chair for Molecular Animal Breeding and Biotechnology, Gene Center, LMU Munich, Germany
Biol Reprod 86:46. 2012..In experiment 2, IFNA2 treatment resulted in differential gene expression in the bovine endometrium. Comparison of the data sets from both studies identified genes that were differentially expressed in response ..
- Expansion of human trophoblastic spheroids is promoted by decidualized endometrial stromal cells and enhanced by heparin-binding epidermal growth factor-like growth factor and interleukin-1 βMarina González
Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Falkenried 88, 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Mol Hum Reprod 17:421-33. 2011..We suggest that decidualized ESC support trophoblast invasion by paracrine signals that may include HB-EGF, IL-1β and LIF...
- Promoter methylation regulates estrogen receptor 2 in human endometrium and endometriosisQing Xue
Division of Reproductive Biology Research, Department of Obsterics and Gynecology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Biol Reprod 77:681-7. 2007Steroid receptors in the stromal cells of endometrium and its disease counterpart tissue endometriosis play critical physiologic roles...
- Models for study of human embryo implantation: choice of cell lines?Natalie J Hannan
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Biol Reprod 82:235-45. 2010..While a number of cell lines for both endometrium and trophoblast have been developed and are widely used, it is difficult for researchers to decide which of ..
- Analysis of fertility-related soluble mediators in human uterine fluid identifies VEGF as a key regulator of embryo implantationN J Hannan
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Endocrinology 152:4948-56. 2011Embryo implantation requires synchronized dialogue between the receptive endometrium and activated blastocyst via locally produced soluble mediators...
- The molecular basis of recurrent pregnancy loss: impaired natural embryo selectionG Teklenburg
Department of Reproductive Medicine and Gynaecology, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Mol Hum Reprod 16:886-95. 2010..These uterine factors are, however, poorly defined. The ability of a conceptus to implant in the endometrium is normally restricted to a few days in the menstrual cycle...
- Comprehensive expression analysis of prostanoid enzymes and receptors in the human endometrium across the menstrual cycleRob D Catalano
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 17:182-92. 2011..the prostanoid receptors (PTGER1, PTGER2, PTGER3, PTGER4, PTGFR, PTGDR, GPR44, PTGIR and TBXA2R) in the human endometrium throughout the menstrual cycle...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha expression in human endometrium and its regulation by prostaglandin E-series prostanoid receptor 2 (EP2)Hilary O D Critchley
University of Edinburgh, Centre for Reproductive Biology, The Queen s Medical Research Building, Scotland, UK
Endocrinology 147:744-53. 2006..We hypothesize that HIF-1 is expressed in human endometrium and that locally synthesized prostaglandins (PGE2 and PGF(2alpha)) regulate HIF-1 activity...
- Hypomethylation-linked activation of PAX2 mediates tamoxifen-stimulated endometrial carcinogenesisHuijian Wu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing 100083, China
Nature 438:981-7. 2005..we identify a paired-box gene, PAX2, that is crucially involved in cell proliferation and carcinogenesis in the endometrium. Our experiments show that PAX2 is activated by oestrogen and tamoxifen in endometrial carcinomas but not in ..
- Interleukin-1beta elevates cyclooxygenase-2 protein level and enzyme activity via increasing its mRNA stability in human endometrial stromal cells: an effect mediated by extracellularly regulated kinases 1 and 2Mitsutoshi Tamura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 820 South Wood Street, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:3263-73. 2002..Moreover, posttranscriptional mRNA stability is an important mechanism for IL-1beta-induced elevation of COX-2 expression in ESC...
- Stem cell-like properties of the endometrial side population: implication in endometrial regenerationHirotaka Masuda
Department of Physiology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e10387. 2010The human endometrium undergoes cyclical regeneration throughout a woman's reproductive life...
- Putative stem cell activity of human endometrial epithelial and stromal cells during the menstrual cycleKjiana Elkje Schwab
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Centre for Women s Health Research, Monash Medical Centre, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Fertil Steril 84:1124-30. 2005..To determine whether menstrual cycle stage or activity has an effect on the clonogenic activity of human endometrial epithelial and stromal cells...
- Elafin in human endometrium: an antiprotease and antimicrobial molecule expressed during menstruationAnne E King
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, University of Edinburgh, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, United Kingdom EH16 4SB
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4426-31. 2003..This study details the expression and regulation of elafin in the human endometrium. Elafin mRNA and protein expression were examined in endometrium throughout the menstrual cycle and in first-..
- Human uterine stem/progenitor cells: their possible role in uterine physiology and pathologyTetsuo Maruyama
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Shinjuku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Reproduction 140:11-22. 2010The human uterus mainly consists of the endometrium and the outer smooth muscle layer termed the myometrium...
- Characterization of clonogenic stromal cells isolated from human endometriumR Dimitrov
Department of Immunochemistry, Institute of Biology and Immunology of Reproduction, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Reproduction 135:551-8. 2008Human endometrium is an object of extensive restructuring and remodeling during the female reproductive life and it is quite tempting to assume that these periodic changes happen with the participation of cells that should have the basic ..
- Menstrual blood-derived cells confer human dystrophin expression in the murine model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy via cell fusion and myogenic transdifferentiationChang Hao Cui
Department of Reproductive Biology and Pathology, National Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, 157 8535, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 18:1586-94. 2007..These results demonstrate that the endometrial progenitor cells and menstrual blood-derived cells can transfer dystrophin into dystrophied myocytes through cell fusion and transdifferentiation in vitro and in vivo...
- Implantation of the human embryo requires Rac1-dependent endometrial stromal cell migrationSeema Grewal
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Oxford, Level 3, Women s Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, OX3 9DU, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:16189-94. 2008..These results reveal embryo-induced and localized endometrial responses that may govern implantation of the human embryo...
- Bovine pretransfer endometrium and embryo transcriptome fingerprints as predictors of pregnancy success after embryo transferDessie Salilew-Wondim
Institute of Animal Science, Animal Breeding and Husbandry Group, University of Bonn, Endenicher Allee 15, Bonn, Germany
Physiol Genomics 42:201-18. 2010Aberrant gene expression in the uterine endometrium and embryo has been the major causes of pregnancy failure in cattle...
- Comparative aspects of implantationFuller W Bazer
Department of Animal Science Veterinary Integrative Biosciences, Texas A and M University, 2471 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843 2471, USA
Reproduction 138:195-209. 2009....
- Identification of genes regulated by interleukin-1beta in human endometrial stromal cellsMarco Rossi
Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Department of Paediatrics, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine, University of Siena, Italy
Reproduction 130:721-9. 2005Interleukin-1beta (IL-1b) is an important immune regulatory factor that in human endometrium plays a role in both menstruation and implantation in the event of pregnancy...
- Effects of lactation and pregnancy on gene expression of endometrium of Holstein cows at day 17 of the estrous cycle or pregnancyR L A Cerri
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
J Dairy Sci 95:5657-75. 2012..The stated genes associated with immune function and developmental genes expressed in the endometrium affected by lactational state are possible candidate genes for interventions to improve fertility of lactating ..
- Deregulation of the serum- and glucocorticoid-inducible kinase SGK1 in the endometrium causes reproductive failureMadhuri S Salker
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
Nat Med 17:1509-13. 2011..is upregulated in unexplained infertility, most prominently in the luminal epithelium, but downregulated in the endometrium of women suffering from RPL...
- Global gene profiling in human endometrium during the window of implantationL C Kao
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Endocrinology 143:2119-38. 2002..several genes and gene products that may participate in this process have been identified in secretory phase endometrium. Herein, we have investigated global gene expression during the window of implantation (peak E2 and ..
- Progesterone-regulated changes in endometrial gene expression contribute to advanced conceptus development in cattleN Forde
School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, Conway Institute, College of Life Sciences, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Biol Reprod 81:784-94. 2009....
- Transcriptomic analysis of the bovine endometrium: What is required to establish uterine receptivity to implantation in cattle?Niamh Forde
School of Agriculture and Food Science, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
J Reprod Dev 58:189-95. 2012..During this time, carefully orchestrated spatio-temporal alterations in the transcriptomic profile of the endometrium are required to drive conceptus elongation, via secretions from the endometrium (termed histotroph) and ..
- Toll-like receptor 4 and MYD88-dependent signaling mechanisms of the innate immune system are essential for the response to lipopolysaccharide by epithelial and stromal cells of the bovine endometriumJames G Cronin
Institute of Life Science, School of Medicine, Swansea University, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 86:51. 2012Infection of the bovine endometrium with Gram-negative bacteria commonly causes uterine disease...
- Transcriptome studies of bovine endometrium reveal molecular profiles characteristic for specific stages of estrous cycle and early pregnancyS Bauersachs
Laboratory for Functional Genome Analysis, Gene Center, LMU Munich, Munich, Germany
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 116:371-84. 2008The endometrium undergoes marked functional changes during estrous cycle and pregnancy...
- Co-expression of two perivascular cell markers isolates mesenchymal stem-like cells from human endometriumK E Schwab
Centre for Women s Health Research, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash Medical Centre, Victoria, Australia
Hum Reprod 22:2903-11. 2007Human endometrium has immense regenerative capacity, growing ~5 mm in 7 days every month. We have previously identified a small population of colony-forming endometrial stromal cells which we hypothesize are mesenchymal stem cells (MSC)...
- Experimental murine endometriosis induces DNA methylation and altered gene expression in eutopic endometriumBanghyun Lee
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Biol Reprod 80:79-85. 2009The eutopic endometrium in women with endometriosis demonstrates diminished endometrial receptivity and altered gene expression...
- Progesterone regulates FGF10, MET, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 in the endometrium of the ovine uterusM Carey Satterfield
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2471, USA
Biol Reprod 79:1226-36. 2008..Therefore, FGF10, MET, IGFBP1, and IGFBP3 are P4-regulated factors within the endometrium of the ovine uterus that have potential effects on endometrial function and peri-implantation blastocyst growth ..
- 900 MHz radiofrequency-induced histopathologic changes and oxidative stress in rat endometrium: protection by vitamins E and CMehmet Guney
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Suleyman Demirel University, Isparta, Turkey
Toxicol Ind Health 23:411-20. 2007..In the EMR group histopathologic changes in endometrium, diffuse and severe apoptosis was present in the endometrial surface epithelial and glandular cells and the ..
- Hormone and growth factor signaling in endometrial renewal: role of stem/progenitor cellsCaroline E Gargett
Centre for Women s Health Research, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria Australia
Mol Cell Endocrinol 288:22-9. 2008The human endometrium is a dynamic remodeling tissue undergoing more than 400 cycles of regeneration, differentiation and shedding during a woman's reproductive years...
- The antiproliferative action of progesterone in uterine epithelium is mediated by Hand2Quanxi Li
Department of Comparative Biosciences, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61820, USA
Science 331:912-6. 2011..Thus, Hand2 is a critical regulator of the uterine stromal-epithelial communication that directs proper steroid regulation conducive for the establishment of pregnancy...
- Bridging endometrial receptivity and implantation: network of hormones, cytokines, and growth factorsMohan Singh
Research Group in Molecular Oncology and Endocrinology, Department of Chemistry Biology, University of Quebec, Trois Rivieres, 3351, Boulevard des Forges, CP 500, Trois Rivieres, Quebec G8Y 5H7, Canada
J Endocrinol 210:5-14. 2011..achieving the appropriate embryo development to the blastocyst stage and at the same time the development of an endometrium that is receptive to the embryo...
- Genome-wide identification of micro-ribonucleic acids associated with human endometrial receptivity in natural and stimulated cycles by deep sequencingAi Guo Sha
Reproductive Medicine Center, Bailu Hospital, Xiamen, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 96:150-155.e5. 2011..To identify microRNAs (miRNAs) associated with endometrial receptivity...
- Decidualized endometrial stromal cell derived factors promote trophoblast invasionGeeta Godbole
Molecular and Cellular Biology Laboratory, National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Parel, Mumbai, India
Fertil Steril 95:1278-83. 2011..To evaluate the effects of decidua-derived factors on trophoblast invasion...
- Adult stem cells in the endometriumCaroline E Gargett
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and The Ritchie Centre, Monash Institute of Medical Research, Monash University, 27 31 Wright Street, Clayton, Vic, 3168, Australia
Mol Hum Reprod 16:818-34. 2010Rare cells with adult stem cell activity were recently discovered in human endometrium. Endometrial stem/progenitor cell candidates include epithelial, mesenchymal and endothelial cells, and all may contribute to the rapid endometrial ..
- Endometrial NK cells are special immature cells that await pregnancyIrit Manaster
Lautenberg Center for General and Tumor Immunology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Biomedical Research Institute, Jerusalem, Israel
J Immunol 181:1869-76. 2008NK cells populate the human endometrium before pregnancy. Unlike decidual NK cells that populate the decidua during pregnancy, the NK cells present in the human endometrium, before pregnancy, have not been fully characterized...
- Prokineticin 1 mediates fetal-maternal dialogue regulating endometrial leukemia inhibitory factorJemma Evans
MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, Queen s Medical Research Institute, 47 Little France Crescent, Edinburgh, EH16 4TJ, UK
FASEB J 23:2165-75. 2009Implantation requires communication between a receptive endometrium and a healthy blastocyst. This maternal-embryonic crosstalk involves local mediators within the uterine microenvironment...
- Endometrial glands are required for preimplantation conceptus elongation and survivalC A Gray
Center for Animal Biotechology and Genomics, Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843-2471, USA
Biol Reprod 64:1608-13. 2001..Collectively, these results demonstrate that endometrial glands and, by inference, their secretions are required for periimplantation conceptus survival and development...
- Endometrial decidualization: of mice and menCyril Y Ramathal
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Semin Reprod Med 28:17-26. 2010..human pregnancies, embryos implant by attaching to the luminal epithelium and invading into the stroma of the endometrium. Under the influence of the steroid hormones estrogen and progesterone, the stromal cells surrounding the ..
- Antiangiogenesis therapy for endometriosisAnnemiek W Nap
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Research Institute for Growth and Development, Maastricht University and University Hospital, 6202 AZ Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:1089-95. 2004..We show that human endometrium in the proliferative endometrium is highly angiogenic and that vascular endothelial growth factor-A is the most ..
- Analysis of osteopontin at the maternal-placental interface in pigsJane E Garlow
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2471, USA
Biol Reprod 66:718-25. 2002..Both 70- and 45-kDa forms of OPN protein were detected in cyclic and pregnant endometrium by Western blotting...
- Clonogenicity of human endometrial epithelial and stromal cellsRachel W S Chan
Centre for Women s Health Research, Monash University Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Biol Reprod 70:1738-50. 2004The human endometrium regenerates from the lower basalis layer, a germinal compartment that persists after menstruation to give rise to the new upper functionalis layer...
- Muc-1, integrin, and osteopontin expression during the implantation cascade in sheepG A Johnson
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 2471, USA
Biol Reprod 65:820-8. 2001....
- Patterns of gene expression in different histotypes of epithelial ovarian cancer correlate with those in normal fallopian tube, endometrium, and colonRebecca T Marquez
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:6116-26. 2005..malignant transformation, different histotypes arise that resemble epithelial cells from normal fallopian tube, endometrium, and intestine...
- Identification of surface markers for prospective isolation of human endometrial stromal colony-forming cellsK E Schwab
Centre for Women s Health Research, Monash Institute of Medical Research and Monash University Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Monash Medical Centre, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Hum Reprod 23:934-43. 2008Human endometrium is a highly regenerative tissue. We hypothesized that the source of endometrial stromal and vascular regeneration is a resident stromal stem/progenitor cell population...
- Non-genomic progesterone actions in female reproductionB Gellersen
Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Hum Reprod Update 15:119-38. 2009..This review covers our current knowledge on the mechanisms and relevance of non-genomic progesterone signalling in female reproduction...
- Molecular phenotyping of human endometrium distinguishes menstrual cycle phases and underlying biological processes in normo-ovulatory womenS Talbi
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, Parnassus, M1495, Box 0132, San Francisco, California 94143 0132, USA
Endocrinology 147:1097-121. 2006Histological evaluation of endometrium has been the gold standard for clinical diagnosis and management of women with endometrial disorders...
- Prokineticin 1 signaling and gene regulation in early human pregnancyJemma Evans
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 149:2877-87. 2008..The objective of this study was to investigate the role of PROK1 and prokineticin receptor 1 (PROKR1) in human endometrium during early pregnancy...
- DNA methyltransferase expression in the human endometrium: down-regulation by progesterone and estrogenYoshiaki Yamagata
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yamaguchi University Graduate School of Medicine, Minamikogushi 1 1 1, Ube 755 8505, Japan
Hum Reprod 24:1126-32. 2009..regulation may be involved in modulation of gene expression during the normal cyclic changes of the human endometrium. We investigated expression of DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs) in endometrium during the menstrual cycle and the ..
- Genomic profiling of microRNAs and messenger RNAs reveals hormonal regulation in microRNA expression in human endometriumSatu Kuokkanen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health, Cooperative Center for the Study of Reproduction and Infertility Research, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Biol Reprod 82:791-801. 2010..Because the expression of miRNAs in human endometrium has been established, it is important to understand whether miRNAs have a physiological role in modulating the ..
- Wnt signalling in implantation, decidualisation and placental differentiation--reviewS Sonderegger
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Placenta 31:839-47. 2010..Hence, much remains to be learned about the role of different Wnt signalling cascades in reproductive cell types and their changes under pathological conditions...
- Contribution of bone marrow-derived stem cells to endometrium and endometriosisHongling DU
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8063, USA
Stem Cells 25:2082-6. 2007..Donor-derived bone marrow cells have been identified in human uterine endometrium. Here, two murine models were used to investigate the contribution of nonendometrial stem cells to endometrium...
- Gene expression analysis of endometrium reveals progesterone resistance and candidate susceptibility genes in women with endometriosisRichard O Burney
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Endocrinology 148:3814-26. 2007The identification of molecular differences in the endometrium of women with endometriosis is an important step toward understanding the pathogenesis of this condition and toward developing novel strategies for the treatment of ..
- Oct-4 expression in human endometriumC Matthai
Department of Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel, Vienna, Austria
Mol Hum Reprod 12:7-10. 2006..Thus, we investigated the expression of Oct-4 comparing its occurrence in endometrium of healthy and diseased women using immunohistochemistry (IHC) and RT-PCR...
- Interleukin-11 and leukemia inhibitory factor regulate the adhesion of endometrial epithelial cells: implications in fertility regulationM Marwood
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Endocrinology 150:2915-23. 2009..IL-11 and leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), two IL-6 family cytokines, are produced by the endometrium and are absolutely required for implantation in mice...
- Localization of angiogenic growth factors and their receptors in the human endometrium throughout the menstrual cycle and in recurrent miscarriageGendie E Lash
Reproductive and Vascular Biology Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, 3rd Floor, William Leech Building, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Hum Reprod 27:183-95. 2012..Angiogenesis is a key feature of endometrial development. Inappropriate endometrial vascular development has been associated with recurrent miscarriage (RM) with increased amounts of perivascular smooth muscle cells surrounding them...
- A pilot cohort study of granulocyte colony-stimulating factor in the treatment of unresponsive thin endometrium resistant to standard therapiesN Gleicher
The Center for Human Reproduction, New York and the Foundation for Reproductive Medicine, New York, NY 10021, USA
Hum Reprod 28:172-7. 2013Is thin endometrium unresponsive to standard treatments expandable by intrauterine perfusion with granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF)?
- Osteopontin is synthesized by uterine glands and a 45-kDa cleavage fragment is localized at the uterine-placental interface throughout ovine pregnancyGreg A Johnson
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843, USA
Biol Reprod 69:92-8. 2003..The OPN mRNA in total ovine endometrium increased 30-fold between Days 40 and 80 of gestation...
- Combined analysis of microRNome and 3'-UTRome reveals a species-specific regulation of progesterone receptor expression in the endometrium of rhesus monkeyJi Long Liu
Department of Biology, Shantou University, Shantou 515063, China
J Biol Chem 287:13899-910. 2012..Surprisingly, about 50% of the 10,677 genes expressed in the rhesus monkey endometrium exhibited alternative 3'-UTRs...
- Evidence for an early endometrial response to pregnancy in cattle: both dependent upon and independent of interferon tauN Forde
School of Agriculture and Food Science, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin, Ireland
Physiol Genomics 44:799-810. 2012The aims of this study were to 1) identify the earliest transcriptional response of the bovine endometrium to the presence of the conceptus (using RNAseq), 2) investigate if these genes are regulated by interferon tau (IFNT) in vivo, and ..
- Ovine interferon tau suppresses transcription of the estrogen receptor and oxytocin receptor genes in the ovine endometriumT E Spencer
Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 2471, USA
Endocrinology 137:1144-7. 1996..IFNtau acts as an antiestrogen on the endometrium to suppress increases in estrogen receptor (ER) and oxytocin receptor (OTR) gene expression which prevents ..
- Pinopodes, leukemia inhibitory factor, integrin-β3, and mucin-1 expression in the peri-implantation endometrium of women with unexplained recurrent pregnancy lossBufang Xu
Reproductive Medical Center of Ruijin Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 98:389-95. 2012..morphology and coverage, and expression of leukemia inhibitory factor (LIF), integrin-β3, and mucin-1 (MUC1) in the peri-implantation endometrium of women with unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) versus normal fertile women.
- MicroRNA expression profiling of eutopic secretory endometrium in women with versus without endometriosisR O Burney
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, WA, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 15:625-31. 2009..of progesterone target genes and maintenance of a proliferative molecular fingerprint in the early secretory endometrium (ESE) has been reported...
- Molecular classification of human endometrial cycle stages by transcriptional profilingAnna P Ponnampalam
Centre for Women s Health Research, Monash University Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 246 Clayton Road, Victoria 3168, Australia
Mol Hum Reprod 10:879-93. 2004b>Endometrium is a dynamic tissue that undergoes cyclic changes each month, under the overall control of estrogen and progesterone...
- Estrogen-mediated endothelial progenitor cell biology and kinetics for physiological postnatal vasculogenesisHaruchika Masuda
Department of Regenerative Medicine, Tokai University School of Medicine, Bohseidai, Isehara, Kanagawa 259 1193, Japan
Circ Res 101:598-606. 2007..These findings demonstrate that physiological postnatal vasculogenesis involves cyclic, E2-regulated bioactivity of BM-derived EPCs, predominantly through the ER alpha...
- Sublethal oxidative stress induces the premature senescence of human mesenchymal stem cells derived from endometriumElena Burova
Department of Intracellular Signaling and Transport, Institute of Cytology of Russian Academy of Sciences, St Petersburg 194064, Russia
Oxid Med Cell Longev 2013:474931. 2013..The responses of human endometrium-derived mesenchymal stem cells (hMESCs) to oxidative stress remain still unknown...
- Expression of genes associated with immunity in the endometrium of cattle with disparate postpartum uterine disease and fertilityShan Herath
Institute of Life Science, School of Medicine, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP, UK
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:55. 2009..The present study tested the hypothesis that postpartum cattle that develop persistent endometritis and infertility are unable to limit the inflammatory response to uterine bacterial infection...
- Coordinate regulation of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein dynamics by steroid hormones in the human fallopian tube and endometrium in vivo and in vitroRuijin Shao
Dept of Physiology Endocrinology, Sahlgrenska Academy, Univ of Gothenburg, Box 434, Gothenburg, Sweden
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 302:E1269-82. 2012..to date, the regulation of hnRNPs and their interactions with steroid hormone signaling in fallopian tubes and endometrium are not fully elucidated...
- Augmented cell survival in eutopic endometrium from women with endometriosis: expression of c-myc, TGF-beta1 and bax genesM Cecilia Johnson
Institute of Maternal and Child Research, School of Medicine, University of Chile, San Borja Arriaran Clinical Hospital, Santiago, Chile
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 3:45. 2005..aim of this study was to evaluate if the balance between cell proliferation and apoptosis is changed in eutopic endometrium from women with endometriosis throughout the menstrual cycle by studying bax (pro-apoptotic), c-myc (regulator ..
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinases activity studied in human endometrium as a paradigm of cyclic tissue breakdown and regenerationHéloïse P Gaide Chevronnay
Cell Biology Unit, de Duve Institute, Universite Catholique de Louvain, Bruxelles, Belgium
Biochim Biophys Acta 1824:146-56. 2012..The resulting massive tissue breakdown is best exemplified in humans by the menstrual lysis and shedding of the endometrium, the mucosa lining the uterus...
- Paracrine regulation of endometriotic tissueFrancesca Minici
Cattedra di Fisiopatologia della Riproduzione Umana, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Gynecol Endocrinol 23:574-80. 2007..Since the peculiar biological characteristics of eutopic endometrium from women with endometriosis differ from endometrium of normal subjects, an important role in the pathogenesis ..
- Decidual HtrA3 negatively regulates trophoblast invasion during human placentationHarmeet Singh
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 5152, 246 Clayton Road, Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia
Hum Reprod 26:748-57. 2011..001). CONCLUSIONS These results strongly support the hypothesis that decidual HtrA3 negatively regulates trophoblast invasion...
- Abnormal activation of Ras/Raf/MAPK and RhoA/ROCKII signalling pathways in eutopic endometrial stromal cells of patients with endometriosisI Y Yotova
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of Vienna, Waehringer Guertel 18 20, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Hum Reprod 26:885-97. 2011..The differences in cell proliferation and migration between both cell types are likely due to increased activation of Ras/Raf/MAPK and RhoA/ROCKII signalling pathways in cells from endometriosis patients...
- The orphan nuclear receptor Nur77 regulates decidual prolactin expression in human endometrial stromal cellsYue Jiang
Reproductive Medicine Center, The Affiliated Drum Tower Hospital of Nanjing University Medical School, Nanjing 210008, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 404:628-33. 2011..01) induced by 8-Br-cAMP and MPA. These results demonstrate that Nur77 is a novel transcription factor that contributes significantly to the regulation of prolactin gene expression in human endometrial stromal cells...
- Tyrosine receptor kinase B (TrkB) protein expression in the human endometriumDana L Anger
Reproductive Biology Division, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, HSC 3N52D, McMaster University, 1200 Main Street W, Hamilton, ON, Canada
Endocrine 31:167-73. 2007..However, TrkB protein expression in the eutopic endometrium of women with and without endometriosis is unknown...
- Expression of metastasis-associated protein 1 (MTA1) in benign endometrium and endometrial adenocarcinomasSeetharaman Balasenthil
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Hum Pathol 37:656-61. 2006..We investigated the expression profile of MTA1 in different stages of benign endometrium as well as in endometrial endometrioid adenocarcinoma using immunohistochemistry and Western blotting...
- Effect of tumour necrosis factor-α in combination with interferon-γ on first trimester extravillous trophoblast invasionHarry A Otun
Reproductive and Vascular Biology Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE24HH, UK
J Reprod Immunol 88:1-11. 2011..The mode of activity of TNF-α was modified by the presence of IFN-γ, suggesting that the local cytokine milieu may be critical in determining spatial and/or temporal changes in EVT invasion...
- The role of the Hoxa10/HOXA10 gene in the etiology of endometriosis and its related infertility: a reviewAlysson Zanatta
Huntington Medicina Reprodutiva, Av República do Líbano, 529 Ibirapuera, 04501 000 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Assist Reprod Genet 27:701-10. 2010..This could in turn elucidate how various clinical and surgical treatments might affect the evolution and remission of the disease...
- Direct regulation of beta3-integrin subunit gene expression by HOXA10 in endometrial cellsGaurang S Daftary
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8063, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:571-9. 2002Estrogen and progesterone regulate HOXA10 expression in the endometrium, where HOXA10 is necessary for implantation. The integrins are also involved in early embryo-endometrial interactions...
- Effect of conceptus secretions on HOXA10 and PTGS2 gene expression, and PGE2 release in co-cultured luminal epithelial and stromal cells of the porcine endometrium at the time of early implantationA Blitek
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences, Olsztyn, Poland
Theriogenology 76:954-66. 2011Homeobox A10 (HOXA10) gene expression was demonstrated in the endometrium of adult porcine uteri, however there is little information concerning the role of this gene in the pig...
- Role of TGF-betas in normal human endometrium and endometriosisCharles O A Omwandho
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
Hum Reprod 25:101-9. 2010..TGF-betas are abundantly and differentially expressed in the endometrium under hormonal control...
- Ectopic pregnancy as a model to identify endometrial genes and signaling pathways important in decidualization and regulated by local trophoblastW Colin Duncan
MRC Centre for Reproductive Health, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Midlothian, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e23595. 2011The endometrium in early pregnancy undergoes decidualization and functional changes induced by local trophoblast, which are not fully understood...
- Gene expression profiling of human endometrial receptivity on days LH+2 versus LH+7 by microarray technologyAnne Riesewijk
NV Organon, Department of Target Discovery, Oss, The Netherlands
Mol Hum Reprod 9:253-64. 2003In humans, embryonic implantation and reproduction depends on the interaction of the embryo with the receptive endometrium. To gain a global molecular understanding of human endometrial receptivity, we compared gene expression profiles ..
- Regulation of prostaglandin biosynthesis by interleukin-1 in cultured bovine endometrial cellsMichiyo Tanikawa
Laboratory of Reproductive Endocrinology, Graduate School of Natural Science and Technology, Okayama University, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Endocrinol 199:425-34. 2008Interleukin-1 (IL1) has been shown to be a potent stimulator of prostaglandin (PG) production in bovine endometrium. The aim of the present study was to determine the cell types in the endometrium (epithelial or stromal cells) ..
- Cell-autonomous activation of the PI3-kinase pathway initiates endometrial cancer from adult uterine epitheliumSanaz Memarzadeh
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:17298-303. 2010..Regenerated endometrial glands responded to pharmacologic variations in hormonal milieu similar to the native endometrium. Cell-autonomous activation of the PI3-kinase pathway via biallelic loss of PTEN or activation of AKT in adult ..
- The postimplantation embryo differentially regulates endometrial gene expression and decidualizationAki Kashiwagi
Vincent Center for Reproductive Biology, Vincent Obstetrics and Gynecology Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Thier Research Building, Room 931, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Endocrinology 148:4173-84. 2007Transcriptomal changes in the uterine endometrium induced in response to the implanting embryo remain largely unknown...
- Select nutrients in the ovine uterine lumen. III. Cationic amino acid transporters in the ovine uterus and peri-implantation conceptusesHaijun Gao
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, Texas 77843 2471, USA
Biol Reprod 80:602-9. 2009..These results indicate that coordinate changes in SLC7A1, SLC7A2, and SLC7A3 expression in uterine endometria and conceptuses are likely important in transport of arginine that is critical to conceptus growth, development, and survival...
- Biotransformation of Estrogens to Carcinogenic QuinoidsJUDY BOLTON; Fiscal Year: 2005..between excessive exposure to estrogens and the development of cancer in several tissues including breast and endometrium. The risk factors for women developing these cancers are all associated with longer estrogen exposure; early ..
- Role of Diabetes in Development of Renal Cell CarcinomaSAMY LEWIZ HABIB; Fiscal Year: 2013..at higher risk than the general population of developing cancer of the urinary tract, liver, pancreas, colon, endometrium and kidney...
- Role of the neurogenic inflammatory pathway in the genital tract immune responseRoger G Rank; Fiscal Year: 2010..mucosal pathogen, infecting only the superficial epithelial layer of the genital tract, including the cervix, endometrium, and oviduct...
- Genetic Susceptibility and Biomarkers of Platinum-related ToxicitiesLois B Travis; Fiscal Year: 2013..Each year more than 5.8 million patients are diagnosed with cancers of colon, rectum, cervix, endometrium, bladder, stomach, head and neck, lung, esophagus, pancreas, osteosarcoma, ovary, and testis, for which first-..
- Hyperglycemia-induced DNA damage as a driver of genomic instabilityJOHN S TERMINI; Fiscal Year: 2013..condition significantly increases risk for cancers of the colon, liver, pancreas, kidney, breast, cervix, and endometrium;however, the mechanisms responsible remain unknown...
- Chemoprevention of Tamoxifen-induced Endometrial cancer by black cohosh and red cBIRGIT MARIA DIETZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..of this project is that black cohosh and red clover reduce the carcinogenic effects of tamoxifen on the endometrium by inhibition of cell proliferation (Aim I) and through enhancing detoxification pathways (Aim 2)...
- A Novel Target for the Treatment of EndometriosisPaul D Crowe; Fiscal Year: 2011..Expression of this receptor is highly elevated in ectopic endometrial implants when compared to normal endometrium, and overexpression of this orphan receptor is strongly implicated as a driver of local estrogen biosynthesis...
- The Role of The Histone Epigenome in the Pathophysiology of EndometriosisMARICARMEN COLON; Fiscal Year: 2012..isoforms belonging to the HDAC Class I family were higher in an endometriotic cell line as compared to normal endometrium cell lines...
- MSM Mapping and Modeling ErbB Receptor Membrane TopograBridget S Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Public Health Relevance. This project targets two women's cancer, breast and endometrium, and the ErbB family of receptors...
- Effect of Insulin on Estrogen Receptor Alpha Activity in Human Endometrial CellsCLARE ANN FLANNERY; Fiscal Year: 2013..Robert Sherwin. She will acquire more experience in molecular biology to apply to her project on the endometrium, as well as improving her knowledge in the design, conduct, and analysis of clinical research...
- GHSU/WSU Cooperative Reproductive Medicine NetworkMichael Peter Diamond; Fiscal Year: 2013..such women;and 3) Determine the influence of progestin withdrawal on the luteal phase hormonal milieu and the endometrium. The expected outcome is that renewal of our membership in the Network would allow continued contribution to ..
- Ex Vivo Female Reproductive Tract Integration In a 3D Microphysiologic SystemTeresa K Woodruff; Fiscal Year: 2013..individual follicles (that enclose and support oocytes), oviductal/fallopian tubes, uterine myometrium and endometrium, the cervix and the vagina...
- Biosignature of the endometrium in women with endometriosisNeil Sidell; Fiscal Year: 2010..of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Emory University School of Medicine, we hope to identify a biosignature of the endometrium of endometriosis patients that will provide a low cost, simplified surgical alternative for the diagnosis of ..
- Follicular and endometrial pathology in polycystic ovary syndromeANNE ELIZABETH NEWELL-FUGATE; Fiscal Year: 2011..aberrations which lead to hyperandrogenemia and the interrelationship between hyperandrogenemia and the endometrium in the obese Ossabaw pig model of PCOS...
- Hormone-Regulated Pathways Controlling Implantation and FertilityMilan K Bagchi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Failure of the fertilized embryo to implant into the endometrium is a major cause of infertility...
- Role of estrogen receptor in endometrial cancer initiation and progressionSanaz Memarzadeh; Fiscal Year: 2013..While ER 1 and ER 2 are both expressed in the endometrium, based on functional studies ER 1 - the main focus of the outlined studies in this grant - is thought to be the ..
- The Role of Fbxw7 in genetic instability and cancerJian Hua Mao; Fiscal Year: 2012..in cancers from a wide spectrum of human tissues, such as bile duct, blood, bone, brain, breast, colon, endometrium, stomach, lung, ovary, pancreas, and prostate...
- Weight Loss &Cancer Biomarkers in Women: 0xidative Stress &InflammationANNE M MCTIERNAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..and sedentary lifestyles are associated with an increased risk for several cancers in women, including colon, endometrium, postmenopausal breast, kidney, and lower esophageal cancer...
- Extranuclear estrogen receptor actions on endometrial cancer cell proliferationTwila A Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Estrogen (through the estrogen receptor) provides the primary proliferative signal in the endometrium and controls critical cellular processes such as proliferation and differentiation in many tissues including ..
- Quantification of Immune Cells in Women Using ContraceptionSHARON LYNELLE ACHILLES; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cells from each participant will be collected from the cervix (using both cytobrush and biopsy), the endometrium, and peripheral blood at baseline (in the early follicular phase of their menstrual cycle) and after 3 and 6 ..
- Progesterone Action in the Endometrium of Women with EndometriosisSteven L Young; Fiscal Year: 2013..We and others have demonstrated abnormal expression of genes regulated by progesterone (P) in eutopic endometrium of women with endometriosis, suggesting resistance to P...
- MECHANISM OF ACTION OF ANTITUMOR DRUGSLeroy F Liu; Fiscal Year: 2013..ISG15 is highly elevated in many types of tumors, but absent in normal cells (except endometrium during early pregnancy)...
- Steroid Hormone Regulation of Uterine Function and DysfunctionJae Wook Jeong; Fiscal Year: 2012..The expression of Mig-6 in both level and cell specificity is dependent upon the menstrual cycle in the human endometrium. The expression of Mig- 6 is decreased in human endometriosis and endometrial cancer patients...
- Modulation of the Receptive Endometrium by CGAsgerally T Fazleabas; Fiscal Year: 2013..We believe a better understanding of the molecular mechanisms responsible for decidualization and implantation will improve clinician's ability to detect, diagnose and treat early pregnancy loss. ..
- Environmental Estrogen Induced Epigenetic Alteration of Uterine Stem CellsHugh S Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2013..shown that fetal exposure to these agents alters the methylation of estrogen response elements (EREs) in the endometrium. The change in ERE methylation results in altered ERE occupancy by estrogen receptor (ER) in vivo and altered ..
- Center for Endometrial Biology and EndometriosisHugh S Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2011..Disorders of the endometrium and endometriosis result in significant morbidity including infertility, abnormal uterine bleeding, pelvic pain ..
- Molecular mechanism of LPA3-mediated uterine receptivityXiaoqin Ye; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): Defective uterine receptivity, including delayed uterine receptivity and non-receptive endometrium, is the key maternal factor for infertility and early pregnancy loss...
- Endometriosis and RetinoidsSerdar E Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Endometriosis, the pathologic endometrium-like tissue on pelvic organs, develops and persists in part due to defective apoptosis and is associated with pelvic pain and infertility...
- Follicular and endometrial pathology in polycystic ovary syndromeANNE ELIZABETH NEWELL-FUGATE; Fiscal Year: 2013..aberrations which lead to hyperandrogenemia and the interrelationship between hyperandrogenemia and the endometrium in the obese Ossabaw pig model of PCOS...
- Prostaglandin E2 Signaling in Growth and Pains of EndometriosisJoe A Arosh; Fiscal Year: 2012..provided by applicant): Endometriosis is an inflammatory disease characterized by the presence of functional endometrium outside the uterine cavity. The major two symptoms are intolerable pelvic pain and infertility...
- Origins and Biological Consequences of Human InfertilityLinda C Giudice; Fiscal Year: 2013..regulation of trophoblast differentiation;Projec IV (Linda Giudice) will investigate development of human endometrium for embryonic implantation;and the Pilot Project (NamTran) proposes to investigate molecular mechanisms ..
- Endocrine disruption of myometrial stem cell activitiesJOSE M TEIXEIRA; Fiscal Year: 2013..the molecular mechanisms involved are largely unknown, particularly in primates where the top layer of the endometrium is shed and regenerated every month...
- Progestin Effects on Uterine Hemostatis &AngiogenesisCharles Lockwood; Fiscal Year: 2011..Moreover, a model will be established to test innovative LTPOC formulations that minimize uterine and endometrial vasoconstriction and ROS-generation, thus preventing abnormal bleeding to improve the acceptability of LTPOC therapies. ..
- A macaque model for endometriosis induced pelvic pain and infertilityOv D Slayden; Fiscal Year: 2013..Several studies have created ectopic endometrium in macaques, those studies failed to yield a reliable endometriosis model...
- Mouse Model of Endometrial TumorigenesisLora Hedrick Ellenson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, estrogen and its primary receptor in the endometrium, ER, stimulate endometrial proliferation via activation of the PI3K/AKT/PTEN pathway...
- Pain and Endometriosis: Effects on Ectopic Cyst Innervation and AxonsGeoffrey M Bove; Fiscal Year: 2010..electrophysiological methods are proposed to determine the characteristics of the effect of uterus, endometrium, and myometrium on the sciatic nerve. First, the proportion of through-conducting axons will be determined...
- The Role of the CXCR4/CXCL12 axis in endometriosisABIGAIL RUIZ-RIVERA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The two main cellular components of the endometrium, namely epithelial (EEC) and stromal (HESC) cells, show a differential expression of CXCR4 and CXCL12 proteins: ..
- Uterine Vascular Remodeling during PregnancyJames K Pru; Fiscal Year: 2013..generates active hemodynamic peptides through proteolytic cleavage of angiotensinogen, is up-regulated in the endometrium during early gestation...
- Metformin as a Novel Chemotheraeutic Strategy for the Treatment of Endometrial CaVICTORIA LIN BAE-JUMP; Fiscal Year: 2013..Lastly, I will determine the effect of metformin on the endometrium of obese and diabetic women with endometrial cancer by comparing each patient's endometrial biopsy with ..
- Cooperative Contraceptive Research Center: New Contraceptives with Dual BenefitsREGINE SITRUK WARE; Fiscal Year: 2013..SA2: A contraceptive intrauterine system (IDS) releasing low doses of UPA to decrease endometrium and bleeding will be developed SA3: Molecular mechanisms underlying potential benefits of UPA CVR will be ..
- System biology approach to understand endometrial receptivity &pregnancy lossThomas E Spencer; Fiscal Year: 2013..The receptive endometrium represents a temporary, but unique physiological state of the uterus when conceptus (embryo and associated ..
- Molecular Basis of Treating Endometriosis by Prostaglandin E2 Receptor InhibitorsJoe A Arosh; Fiscal Year: 2012..This is a R21 application addresses the mission of NIH/NICHD on women's reproductive health. ..
- Global methylation profile in endometrium of endometriosis patientsSusan C Nagel; Fiscal Year: 2012..of altered DNA methylation of specific genes and increased expression of DNA methyltransferases in patient endometrium. However, to date a global analysis of the DNA methylation status of endometrial tissue is lacking...
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF ANDROGEN RECEPTOR FUNCTIONElizabeth M Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our hypothesis is that MAGE-n modulates AR activity in human ovary and endometrium by facilitating the recruitment of coregulators to the AR transcription complex through direct and indirect ..
- ASPECTS OF BLASTOCYST IMPLANTATIONSudhansu K Dey; Fiscal Year: 2010..This research is clinically relevant because Msx1 is downregulated in the human endometrium during the receptive phase (window of implantation)...
- Microbial Exposures across the Lifespan and Cancer Risk in WomenChristina A Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2011..that together account for a large proportion of the cancer burden in US women, including cancers of the breast, endometrium, colon, thyroid, and melanocyte...
- KEEPS Cognitive and Affective StudySanjay Asthana; Fiscal Year: 2013..will employ cyclic administration of micronized progesterone to counteract proliferative effects of HT on the endometrium, and accomplish the following objectives: 1) to characterize the potential differential efficacy and adverse ..
- Comparative Risk of Endometrial Cancer from Ablation Versus Medical ManagementBRIAN LESLIE STROM; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is designed to study differences in cancer of the womb (endometrium) by comparing the risk of cancer, the delay in diagnosis of cancer, and the severity of each cancer between ..
- Influence of AKT pathway on progesterone receptor function in endometrial cancerJI YONG JULIE KIM; Fiscal Year: 2013..therapy has been shown to be effective in preventing endometrial cancer as well as controlling growth of the endometrium. However, the effectiveness of progestins for women with endometrial cancer is less clear...
- Mentoring and Research in Mouse Models of Cancer and InfertilityDiego H Castrillon; Fiscal Year: 2011..endometrial cancer, we will develop a heterotopic transplantation model of genetically-modified Lkb1-deficient endometrium. These studies will result in mouse models that will be useful to 1) identify and perform detailed analyses of ..
- Biophotonics Noninvasive Detection of Ovarian CancerHemant K Roy; Fiscal Year: 2012..cancer screening strategy based on identifying ovarian field cancerization at a clinically practical site (endometrium or cervix) through our novel biophotonics approach analogous with our successful programs in the colon, lung ..
- Role of Autophagy in the Pathogenesis of EndometriosisMeera Nanjundan; Fiscal Year: 2013..are unclear;thus, and a better understanding of the underlying molecular changes that occur in the endometrium is needed to improve current therapeutic strategies and the reproductive capacity for these patients...
- Trans-splicing of RNA in Endometrail Stroma and Other TissuesJeffrey Sklar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Additional evidence suggests that in the normal endometrium trans-splicing between the pre- mRNAs is physiologically regulated, but in the tumors the gene fusion produces ..
- HISTOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF PREMALIGNANT ENDOMETRIAL LESIONSFrancisco Garcia; Fiscal Year: 2003Adenocarcinoma of the endometrium is the most common gynecologic malignancy in the United States. It accounts for about 36,000 cases of invasive cancer each year and is among the top five neoplasms affecting women...
- Dissecting the functional role of miRNAs in decidualizationWarren B Nothnick; Fiscal Year: 2013..Recently, miRNA mis-expression in endometrium from women who suffer from repeated implantation failure has been documented (Revel et al., 2011)...
- SURGICAL TREATMENTS OUTCOMES PROJECT FOR DUB (STOP-DUB)Kay Dickersin; Fiscal Year: 2000..The baseline exam will include physical exam and either ultrasound or hysteroscopic evaluation of the endometrium. A log of patients refusing consent will be maintained for comparison with those who proceed with the study...
- The pharmacological actions of antiprogestins in uterine fibroidsDonald P McDonnell; Fiscal Year: 2010..will lead to development and validation of new approaches with which to identify novel antiprogestins/SPRMs that effectively treat fibroids but which do not manifest abnormal pathological responses in the endometrium.
- ENDOMETRIAL VEGF: ENDOCRINE REGULATION OF ANGIOGENESISRobert Taylor; Fiscal Year: 1999..that a specific angiogenic peptide, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), is hormonally regulated in human endometrium. We hypothesize that VEGF mediates the effects of ovarian steroids on the growth and function of the ..
- MECHANISMS OF INFERTILITY IN ENDOMETRIOSISSerdar Bulun; Fiscal Year: 2002..of 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 2 (17beta-HSD-2) in endometriosis (in comparison with the eutopic endometrium) give rise to elevated local levels of estradiol, which is mitogenic for endometriotic tissue...
- PERITONEAL MACROPHAGE MIGRATION IN ENDOMETRIOSISCECIL LYTTLE; Fiscal Year: 1993..However, in patients with endometriosis the proliferative phase endometrium demonstrates high chemotactic activity...
- Hyaluronan/CD44 and the Early Endometriotic LesionRobert Schenken; Fiscal Year: 2005..One theory, known as Sampson's theory, proposes that fragments of menstrual endometrium pass retrograde through the fallopian tubes into the peritoneal cavity where they attach and grow on peritoneal ..
- UTERINE BIOLOGY AND THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF ENDOMETRIOSISKevin Osteen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Most cases of endometriosis can be attributed to ectopic implantation of fragments of endometrium entering the peritoneal cavity following reflex menstruation...
- Cytochrome-P-450 genes in pathobiology of endometrial cancerRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2009..We hypothesize that the CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 genes are hyper-activated during malignant transformation of the endometrium. To test this hypothesis, we will: (a) Analyze the level of CYP1A1 and CYP1B1 mRNA expression by real-time PCR (..
- ANTIPROGESTINS IN ENDOMETRIUMRONALD WIEHLE; Fiscal Year: 2000..Tissues of the reproductive system such as pituitary, breast, myometrium, cervix, and endometrium remain obvious target organs for treatment with APs...
- Antiprogestins in Cynomolgus EndometriosisRONALD WIEHLE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Tissues of the reproductive system such as pituitary, breast, myometrium, cervix, and endometrium remain obvious target organs for treatment...
- CSF-1 and c-fms and the Early Endometriotic LesionRajeshwar Rao Tekmal; Fiscal Year: 2010..One theory, known as Sampson's theory, proposes that fragments of menstrual endometrium pass retrograde through the fallopian tubes into the peritoneal cavity where they attach and grow on peritoneal ..
- Tumor Suppressor Role of ARID1AIe Ming Shih; Fiscal Year: 2013..The main objective of this study is to demonstrate the tumor suppressor role of ARID1A in the pathogenesis of endometrium-related cancer...
- Primate Endometrial Responses to Placental MHC Class I MoleculesThaddeus Golos; Fiscal Year: 2009..and T cells, the modification of smooth muscle in maternal vessels, and differentiation in the functional endometrium. To begin to address this hypothesis, we will evaluate soluble Mamu-AG expression and define its effects on ..
- Chemoprevention of Uterine Cancer Risk by AntioxidantsMinoti Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2003..Expression of CYPs in human uterine endometrium suggests that endometrial tissue has potential to generate genotoxic Tam metabolites...