Genomes and Genes
Summary: The hollow thick-walled muscular organ in the female PELVIS. It consists of the fundus (the body) which is the site of EMBRYO IMPLANTATION and FETAL DEVELOPMENT. Beyond the isthmus at the perineal end of fundus, is CERVIX UTERI (the neck) opening into VAGINA. Beyond the isthmi at the upper abdominal end of fundus, are the FALLOPIAN TUBES.
Publications214 found, 100 shown here
- Killer Ig-like receptor expression in uterine NK cells is biased toward recognition of HLA-C and alters with gestational ageAndrew M Sharkey
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Immunol 181:39-46. 2008....
- Progesterone receptors in the human pregnancy uterus: do they hold the key to birth timing?Sam Mesiano
Department of Reproductive Biology and Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospitals Case Medical Center, Cleveland, OH 44106 5034, USA
Reprod Sci 18:6-19. 2011..Herein, we review current understanding of the PRs expressed in the human pregnancy uterus, the pathways through which they mediate progesterone actions, and their roles in controlling myometrial ..
- The uterine spiral arteries in human pregnancy: facts and controversiesR Pijnenborg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Universitair Ziekenhuis Gasthuisberg, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B3000 Leuven, Belgium
Placenta 27:939-58. 2006..Several features of the human placental bed are mirrored by processes in other species with haemochorial placentation, and studying such models may help to illuminate poorly understood aspects of human placentation...
- Immune cells in the placental bedJudith N Bulmer
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Int J Dev Biol 54:281-94. 2010....
- Critical and differential roles of NKp46- and NKp30-activating receptors expressed by uterine NK cells in early pregnancyHicham El Costa
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U563 France
J Immunol 181:3009-17. 2008..These data demonstrate a differential, controlled role of NKp46- and NKp30-activating receptors expressed by dNK that could be critical for the outcome of pregnancy and the killing of uterine cells infected by pathogens...
- Unique receptor repertoire in mouse uterine NK cellsHakim Yadi
Laboratory of Lymphocyte Signalling and Development, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Immunol 181:6140-7. 2008..We describe herein two distinct subsets of CD3(-)CD122(+) NK cells in the mouse uterus (comprising decidua and mesometrial lymphoid aggregate of pregnancy) at mid-gestation: a small subset ..
- Review: Functional role of uterine natural killer (uNK) cells in human early pregnancy deciduaG E Lash
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Placenta 31:S87-92. 2010..Herein we review the functional roles of this important decidual cell type...
- In pursuit of leucine-rich repeat-containing G protein-coupled receptor-5 regulation and function in the uterusXiaofei Sun
Division of Reproductive Sciences, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Endocrinology 150:5065-73. 2009..Because of this characteristic, we studied the status of Lgr5 expression in the mouse uterus under various conditions...
- PrPSc accumulation in fetal cotyledons of scrapie-resistant lambs is influenced by fetus location in the uterusJanet Alverson
USDA, ARS, Animal Disease Research Unit, 3003 ADBF, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164, USA
J Gen Virol 87:1035-41. 2006..This indicates that some sharing of fetal blood occurs between placentomes and fetuses residing in the same uterine horn, which can result in PrPSc accumulation in cotyledons with resistant genotypes...
- Sex steroid hormone receptors in the developing female reproductive tract of laboratory rodentsAkinobu Okada
Safety Research Laboratories, Institute for Drug Discovery Research, Yamanouchi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
J Toxicol Sci 30:75-89. 2005..Thus, accumulated information on the expression of ER subtypes and isoforms as well as that of progesterone and androgen receptors in laboratory rodents is herein reviewed, in addition to the presentation of our own data...
- Novel actions of estrogen receptor-beta on anxiety-related behaviorsTrent D Lund
Department of Biomedical Science, Colorado State University, Anatomy W103, 1617 Campus Delivery, Fort Collins, Colorado 80523 1670, USA
Endocrinology 146:797-807. 2005..Tamoxifen blocked the previously identified anxiolytic actions of DPN. Taken together, these findings suggest that the anxiolytic properties of estrogens are ERbeta mediated...
- Use of uterine artery Doppler ultrasonography to predict pre-eclampsia and intrauterine growth restriction: a systematic review and bivariable meta-analysisJeltsje S Cnossen
Department of General Practice, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
CMAJ 178:701-11. 2008..We investigated the predictive accuracy of all uterine artery Doppler indices for both conditions in the first and second trimesters...
- Wnt-7a maintains appropriate uterine patterning during the development of the mouse female reproductive tractC Miller
Brookdale Center of Developmental and Molecular Biology, One Gustave Levy Place, Box 1126, New York, NY 10029, USA
Development 125:3201-11. 1998..This process is marked by the emergence of distinct cell types in the oviduct, uterus, cervix and vagina and is dependent upon specific mesenchymal-epithelial interactions as demonstrated by earlier ..
- Expression of angiogenic growth factors by uterine natural killer cells during early pregnancyGendie E Lash
School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences, 3rd Floor, William Leech Building, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
J Leukoc Biol 80:572-80. 2006..uNK cells appear to be a prominent source of Ang1, Ang2, TGF-beta1, and VEGF-C within the placental bed...
- Reproductive performance of women with müllerian anomaliesBeth W Rackow
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8063, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 19:229-37. 2007..This review discusses current diagnostic techniques for müllerian anomalies, reproductive outcome data, and management options in reproductive-age women...
- Successful uterine transplantation in the mouse: pregnancy and post-natal development of offspringRanda Racho El-Akouri
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Hum Reprod 18:2018-23. 2003..Here, the first live-born offspring in any uterine transplantation model is reported...
- Quantification of rapid Myosin regulatory light chain phosphorylation using high-throughput in-cell Western assays: comparison to Western immunoblotsHector N Aguilar
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e9965. 2010....
- Anandamide regulates lipopolysaccharide-induced nitric oxide synthesis and tissue damage in the murine uterusC A Vercelli
Laboratory of Physiopathology of Pregnancy and Labour, Centre for Pharmacological and Botanical Studies, Paraguay 2155, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reprod Biomed Online 18:824-31. 2009..The uterus contains the highest concentrations of anandamide yet discovered in mammalian tissues and this suggests that it ..
- Primary amenorrhea and absent uterus in the 22q11.2 deletion syndromeUsha T Sundaram
Department of Human Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:2016-8. 2007..The phenotype is highly variable and continues to expand. We present two cases of absent uterus and unilateral renal agenesis in females with the 22q11.2 deletion...
- IL11 antagonist inhibits uterine stromal differentiation, causing pregnancy failure in miceEllen Menkhorst
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Biol Reprod 80:920-7. 2009..PEGIL11A significantly diminished STAT3 phosphorylation in HES cells in vitro (P < or = 0.05). This study provides valuable information for PEGIL11A that could lead to the development of this protein as a nonhormonal contraceptive...
- SHOX duplications found in some cases with type I Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndromeCristina Gervasini
Medical Genetics, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Genet Med 12:634-40. 2010..The aim of this study was to identify possible recurrent submicroscopic imbalances in a cohort of familial and sporadic cases with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome...
- Human uterine leukocytes and pregnancyA Trundley
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Tissue Antigens 63:1-12. 2004In human pregnancy, the embryo implants into the specialized mucosal wall of the uterus (decidua) and the placenta starts to form...
- Spatiotemporal expression of the serine protease inhibitor, SERPINE2, in the mouse placenta and uterus during the estrous cycle, pregnancy, and lactationSchu Rern Chern
Department of Biotechnology and Laboratory Science in Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:127. 2010..In this study, we investigated the expression patterns of SERPINE2 in the mouse placenta and uterus during the estrous cycle, pregnancy, and lactation.
- Estrogenic activity of environmental polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in uterus of immature Wistar ratsVladimir Kummer
Veterinary Research Institute, Brno 62132, Czech Republic
Toxicol Lett 180:212-21. 2008..These effects were likely to be mediated by ERalpha, a major subtype of ER present in uterus, as they were inhibited by treatment with ER antagonist ICI 182,780...
- Human NK cells in pregnant uterus: why there?Philippe Le Bouteiller
INSERM, U563, Centre de Physiopathologie de Toulouse Purpan, Toulouse, France
Am J Reprod Immunol 59:401-6. 2008..Finally, uterine NK cells are likely to be an important component of the local maternal immune response to pathogen infections...
- The pathophysiology of endometriosis and adenomyosis: tissue injury and repairG Leyendecker
Kinderwunschzentrum Fertility Center Darmstadt, Bratustrasse 9, 64295, Darmstadt, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 280:529-38. 2009..In particular, a physiological model is proposed that provides a comprehensive explanation of the local production of estrogen at the level of ectopic endometrial lesions and the endometrium of women affected with the disease...
- Heterotopic uterus transplantation in a swine modelDonna L Avison
Department of Surgery, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Transplantation 88:465-9. 2009..The aim of our study was to examine the feasibility of allogeneic uterine transplantation in a large animal model...
- Human immunodeficiency virus receptor and coreceptor expression on human uterine epithelial cells: regulation of expression during the menstrual cycle and implications for human immunodeficiency virus infectionGrant R Yeaman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN, USA
Immunology 109:137-46. 2003..In this report, we evaluated expression of HIV receptors and coreceptors on epithelial cells in the uterus and found they express several receptors critical for HIV infection including CD4, CXCR4, CCR5 and ..
- Changes in apparent diffusion coefficients in the normal uterus during different phases of the menstrual cycleA Kido
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Nuclear Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shogoin Kawaharacho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto City, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Br J Radiol 83:524-8. 2010..imaging (DWI) was performed with a single-shot echo-planar imaging (EPI) sequence in the midsagittal plane of the uterus using three b-values (b = 0, 500 or 1000 s mm(-2))...
- Progesterone receptors, oestrogen receptor alpha and glucocorticoid receptors in the bovine intercaruncular uterine wall around parturitionM Schäubli
Institute of Veterinary Anatomy, Vetsuisse Faculty, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 260, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Anim Reprod Sci 103:215-27. 2008..This is in strict contrast to the placentome. Comparatively lower local tissue estrogen concentrations around term may be one cause for this difference...
- Defective mammary gland morphogenesis in mice lacking the progesterone receptor B isoformBiserka Mulac-Jericevic
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:9744-9. 2003....
- Recurrent aberrations identified by array-CGH in patients with Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndromeSusanne Ledig
Institut fur Humangenetik, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat, Munster, Germany
Fertil Steril 95:1589-94. 2011..To identify genetic causes of Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome...
- Cyclin D3 in the mouse uterus is associated with the decidualization process during early pregnancyS K Das
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7338, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 22:91-101. 1999..This process can also be induced experimentally (deciduoma) by intraluminal oil infusion in the uterus on day 4 of pseudopregnancy...
- IL-15 expression at human endometrium and deciduaK Kitaya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Dynamic Pathology Research Institute, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, 602 8566, Japan
Biol Reprod 63:683-7. 2000..These results suggest that IL-15 expression in human uterine mucosa corresponds to the fluctuation of uterine NK cells and that its production is hormonally controlled, especially by progesterone...
- Genetic effects of radiotherapy for childhood cancer: gonadal dose reconstructionMarilyn Stovall
Department of Radiation Physics, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:542-52. 2004....
- Assessment of requirements for IL-15 and IFN regulatory factors in uterine NK cell differentiation and function during pregnancyAli A Ashkar
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Immunol 171:2937-44. 2003..was similar, suggesting that, unlike in bone marrow and spleen, IRF-1 does not regulate IL-15 in the pregnant uterus. Terminal differentiation of uNK cells was not promoted in pregnant IRF-1(-/-) mice by 5-day infusion of murine ..
- Gene expression changes in the immature rat uterus: effects of uterotrophic and sub-uterotrophic doses of bisphenol AJ Ashby
Syngenta Central Toxicology Laboratory, Alderley Park, Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 4TJ, UK
Toxicol Sci 82:458-67. 2004..We conclude that BPA does not produce reproducible changes in gene expression in the uterus of immature rats at dose levels that are not also uterotrophic...
- Tissue kallikrein and bradykinin B2 receptor in human uterus in luteal phase and in early and late gestationG Valdes
Departmentos de Nefrología, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
Endocrine 16:207-15. 2001..was addressed to evaluate the temporospatial pattern of key components of the kallikreinkinin system in human uterus in luteal phase (n = 7), early pregnancy (isolated spontaneous abortions, n = 11; ectopic pregnancies, n = 9), ..
- Interaction of acetochlor with estrogen receptor in the rat uterus. Acetochlor--possible endocrine modulator?E Rollerova
Institute of Preventive and Clinical Medicine, Department of Comparative Toxicology, Bratislava, Slovakia
Gen Physiol Biophys 19:73-84. 2000..These results should prompt us to more thoroughly evaluate potential hazards of acetochlor to human and wildlife endocrine systems...
- Collagenase 2 (MMP-8) expression in murine tissue-remodeling processes. Analysis of its potential role in postpartum involution of the uterusM Balbin
Departamento, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo 33006, Spain
J Biol Chem 273:23959-68. 1998..In addition, collagenase 2 was highly expressed in the postpartum uterus starting at 1 day postpartum and extending up to 5 days...
- Oxytocin receptor gene expression in rat uterus: regulation by ovarian steroidsT Murata
Department of Physiology, Fukui Medical University, 23 3 Shimoaizuki, Matsuoka, Fukui 910 1193, Japan
J Endocrinol 166:45-52. 2000..These results suggest that the decline of progesterone is necessary for the expression of the stimulatory effects of oestrogen on uterine OTR mRNA...
- Estrogen inhibits calbindin-D28k expression in mouse uterusL A Opperman
Department of Pathology, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville 22908
Endocrinology 130:1728-35. 1992..calbindin-D28k was absent from female rat reproductive tissues, but was abundantly expressed in immature mouse uterus and oviduct...
- Uterine NK cells in murine pregnancyM J Bilinski
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada K7L 3N6
Reprod Biomed Online 16:218-26. 2008..Transplantable uNK cell progenitors occur outside the uterus, suggesting that blood cell homing augments any in-utero progenitors...
- Prevalence and diagnosis of congenital uterine anomalies in women with reproductive failure: a critical appraisalSotirios H Saravelos
Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Unit, University of Sheffield, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals, Jessop Wing, Tree Root Walk, Sheffield S10 2SF, UK
Hum Reprod Update 14:415-29. 2008..The aim of this review is to assess the diagnostic accuracy of different methodologies and estimate the prevalence of congenital uterine anomalies in women with infertility and recurrent miscarriage (RM)...
- Natural killer cells and pregnancyAshley Moffett-King
Department of Pathology, Cambridge University, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
Nat Rev Immunol 2:656-63. 2002..is no direct contact of the mother with the embryo, only with the extraembryonic placenta as it implants in the uterus. No convincing evidence of uterine maternal T-cell recognition of placental trophoblast cells has been found, but ..
- Interferon gamma contributes to initiation of uterine vascular modification, decidual integrity, and uterine natural killer cell maturation during normal murine pregnancyA A Ashkar
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Exp Med 192:259-70. 2000....
- Circulating hormones and estrous stage predict cellular and stromal remodeling in murine uterusGeoffrey A Wood
Department of Medical Biophysics, Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reproduction 133:1035-44. 2007..indicate that measuring P(4) or E(2) levels can predict many concurrent cellular and stromal events in the mouse uterus, suggesting that in naturally cycling mice cellular responses to hormone changes are not delayed, but occur very ..
- Heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor gene is induced in the mouse uterus temporally by the blastocyst solely at the site of its apposition: a possible ligand for interaction with blastocyst EGF-receptor in implantationS K Das
Department of Physiology, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160 7338
Development 120:1071-83. 1994..These results suggest possible interactions between the uterine HB-EGF and blastocyst EGF-R very early in the process of implantation, earlier than any other embryo-uterine interactions defined to date at the molecular level...
- Tissue injury and repair in the female human reproductive tractLois A Salamonsen
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, PO Box 5152, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia
Reproduction 125:301-11. 2003..Some of the remodelling events that occur naturally in the uterus, specifically menstruation, parturition, endometrial regeneration and uterine involution, have features in common ..
- Progesterone and implanting blastocysts regulate Muc1 expression in rabbit uterine epitheliumL H Hoffman
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Endocrinology 139:266-71. 1998..Removal of Muc1 from the epithelial surface at implantation sites is accomplished locally via signals apparently produced by the blastocyst...
- The placenta: transcriptional, epigenetic, and physiological integration during developmentEmin Maltepe
Department of Pediatrics, Eli and Edythe Broad Center for Regeneration Medicine and Stem Cell Research, Center for Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Ave HSE 1401, Box 1346, San Francisco, CA 94143 1346, USA
J Clin Invest 120:1016-25. 2010..Developing an understanding of these pathways contributes to an improvement of our models for studying trophoblast biology and sheds light on the etiology of pregnancy complications and the in utero programming of adult diseases...
- Molecular cues to implantationS K Dey
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, MCN D4100, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Endocr Rev 25:341-73. 2004..implantation is the result of reciprocal interactions between the implantation-competent blastocyst and receptive uterus. Although various cellular aspects and molecular pathways of this dialogue have been identified, a comprehensive ..
- Multiple female reproductive failures in cyclooxygenase 2-deficient miceH Lim
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Cell 91:197-208. 1997....
- Recurrent microdeletion at 17q12 as a cause of Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser (MRKH) syndrome: two case reportsLaura Bernardini
Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza Hospital, IRCCS, S San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Orphanet J Rare Dis 4:25. 2009Mayer-Rokitansky-Kuster-Hauser syndrome (MRKH) consists of congenital aplasia of the uterus and the upper part of vagina due to anomalous development of Müllerian ducts, either isolated or associated with other congenital malformations, ..
- Increased expression and localization of a serine protease inhibitor, protease nexin-1 (PN-1), in the ovary and uterus during implantation in ratN K Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Institute for Clinical Research, College of Medicine, Pochon CHA University, 351 Yatap dong, Pundang ku, Sungnam 463 712, South Korea
Thromb Res 103:135-42. 2001..However, the role of PN-1 in female reproductive tracts, such as the uterus, ovary, and oviduct, during pregnancy is not known...
- Immature NK cells, capable of producing IL-22, are present in human uterine mucosaVictoria Male
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Immunol 185:3913-8. 2010..We propose that stage 3 cells are recruited from the blood to the uterus and mature in the uterine microenvironment to become distinctive uterine NK cells...
- Expression and distribution of Na, K-ATPase isoforms in the human uterusRachel V Floyd
Department of Physiology, School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Liverpool, Liverpool L69 3BX, United Kingdom
Reprod Sci 17:366-76. 2010..In pregnancy, there was a switch in isoform expression, resulting in increased beta3 and decreased FXYD2 at the protein and messenger RNA (mRNA) levels. Na, K-ATPase isoform alterations may modulate uterine contractility during labor...
- Benign abdominal and pulmonary metastasizing leiomyoma of the uterusJan Hendrik Egberts
Department of General Surgery and Thoracic Surgery, University Hospital of Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Arnold Heller Str 7, Kiel 24105, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 274:319-22. 2006..Benign metastasizing leiomyoma (BML) is a rare disease in which the lung is described to be the most afflicted extrauterine organ...
- Uterus transplantation in the baboon: methodology and long-term function after auto-transplantationA Enskog
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sahlgrenska Academy, University of Gothenburg, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Göteborg S 413 45, Sweden
Hum Reprod 25:1980-7. 2010Techniques for uterus transplantation (UTx) have been developed in rodent/domestic animals towards future clinical introduction of UTx to treat uterine factor infertility...
- Expression of stathmin in human uterus and decidualizing endometrial stromal cellsKazuhiro Tamura
Department of Endocrine Pharmacology, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 1, Horinouch, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Reproduction 132:625-36. 2006..However, stathmin expression in the human uterus has not yet been investigated...
- Surfactant protein secreted by the maturing mouse fetal lung acts as a hormone that signals the initiation of parturitionJennifer C Condon
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:4978-83. 2004..Expression of IL-1beta in AF macrophages and activation of NF-kappaB in the maternal uterus increased with the gestational increase in SP-A...
- Glucose transporters in the uterus: an analysis of tissue distribution and proposed physiological rolesANTONINA I FROLOVA
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63122, USA
Reproduction 142:211-20. 2011..Of the 14 family members, expression of nine has been reported in the murine uterus and seven in the human uterus...
- Uterus cryopreservation: maintenance of uterine contractility by the use of different cryoprotocolsR Dittrich
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Erlangen University Hospital, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 45:86-91. 2010..New exciting findings arise in the promising field of cryobiology, e.g. the cryopreservation of whole ovaries. Uterus cryopreservation would be advantageous not only for experimental biology, but also for transplantation surgery...
- Duplication and exstrophy of the bladder with clitoris and vagina duplex as well as uterus bicornisWolfram Kluwe
Department of Surgical Pediatrics, Children s Hospital, Inselspital, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Urology 70:591.e1-2. 2007..At the same time, there was a duplication of the vagina and a bicornuate uterus. The surgical treatment, aiming at anatomic reconstruction of the genitourinary system and closure of the ..
- Surgical procedure to conserve the uterus for future pregnancy in patients suffering from massive adenomyosisHisao Osada
Nihon University School of Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Tokyo 101 8309, Japan
Reprod Biomed Online 22:94-9. 2011..Yet many such women wish to retain their uterus and some even wish to bear children...
- Pregnancy immunogenetics: NK cell education in the womb?Peter Parham
Department of Structural Biology, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
J Clin Invest 120:3801-4. 2010..Equally important, they show that mothers with an activating receptor of similar specificity to the inhibitory receptor are less likely to suffer disordered pregnancy...
- Progesterone regulation of the endometrial WNT system in the ovine uterusM Carey Satterfield
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, Department of Animal Science, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Reprod Fertil Dev 20:935-46. 2008....
- Uterine artery embolisation as an interval adjunct to conservative management of placenta praevia incretaF Breathnach
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland, Rotunda Hospital, Dublin 1, Ireland
J Obstet Gynaecol 27:195. 2007
- Sodium/potassium/calcium exchanger 3 is regulated by the steroid hormones estrogen and progesterone in the uterus of mice during the estrous cycleHyun Yang
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 385:279-83. 2009..NCKX3 mRNA transcripts are particularly abundant in brain and smooth muscle, but many other tissues, including uterus, aorta, and intestine, also express NCKX3, albeit at lower levels...
- Estrogen receptor alpha pathway is involved in the regulation of Calbindin-D9k in the uterus of immature ratsGeun Shik Lee
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Chungbuk, 361 763 Republic of Korea
Toxicol Sci 84:270-7. 2005..Taken together, these results indicate that uterine CaBP-9k is induced by E2 and endocrine disrupting chemicals via the ERalpha pathway, but not ERbeta, in the uterus of immature rats.
- Uterus transplant techniques in primates: 10 years' experienceGiuseppe Del Priore
Research Department, New York Downtown Hospital room 704, 81 Gold St, NY, NY 10038, USA
Exp Clin Transplant 6:87-94. 2008..childbearing age in the United States currently have absolute uterine factor infertility due to the absence of the uterus. Research on uterus transplantation has been reported for decades from multiple institutions around the world...
- Massive postpartum haemorrhage after uterus-conserving surgery in placenta percreta: the danger of the partial placenta percretaS B L Teo
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
BJOG 115:789-92. 2008..We therefore advise caution in following a conservative approach in the treatment of cases of placenta percreta in which the percreta feature is only partial and will discuss the merits and disadvantages of alternative options...
- [Treatment of uterine fibromyoma with bilateral uterine artery embolization: state of the art]T Lupattelli
Dipartimento di Radiologia Interventistica, Multimedica Holding, Sesto San Giovanni, Milano
Minerva Ginecol 59:427-39. 2007..At 1 year follow-up, the uterus may shrink by up to 55%, however, a re-growth of the fibroid may occur...
- Successful spontaneous pregnancy following surgical removal of a post uterine artery embolized necrotic fibroid capsule: a case reportChun Ng
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, Du Cane Road, London
Hum Reprod 21:380-3. 2006..We present a case of a post-embolization uterine cavity abnormality which was repaired surgically, followed by successful pregnancy outcome...
- Extracellular Ca2+-sensing receptor expression and hormonal regulation in rat uterus during the peri-implantation periodLi Juan Xiao
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Biology, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Reproduction 129:779-88. 2005..To resolve this conjecture, we have examined the expression and hormonal regulation of the CaR gene in rat uterus during peri-implantation period...
- Lepidium meyenii (Maca) increases litter size in normal adult female miceAna C Ruiz-Luna
Department of Biological and Physiological Sciences, Faculty of Sciences and Philosophy, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 3:16. 2005..The present study was aimed to investigate the effects of Maca on several fertility parameters of female mice at reproductive age...
- Endothelial vasodilator production by ovine uterine and systemic arteries: ovarian steroid and pregnancy control of ERalpha and ERbeta levelsMichael J Byers
Perinatal Research Laboratories, University of Wisconsin Madison Medical School, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Atrium B Meriter Hospital Park, Madison, WI 53715, USA
J Physiol 565:85-99. 2005....
- [Impact of uterine fibroid embolization with danazol alginate microsphere on ovarian function and subsequent pregnancy]Cheng Zhi Lei
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Cancer Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:701-4. 2007..To investigate the impact of danazol alginate microspheres used for uterine arterial embolization (UAE) on ovarian function and subsequent pregnancy using rabbit as a model...
- [Embolization of uterine arteries for uterine fibroids: state-of-the-art]D Jacob
Service de Gynecologie Obstetrique, Hopital Lariboisiere, 2, rue Ambroise Pare, 75010 Paris, France
Gynecol Obstet Fertil 32:927-36. 2004..Embolization of uterine arteries can be considered as a safe alternative to hysterectomy or myomectomy in selected cases. It cannot be a routine method for treating fibroids with women of childbearing age...
- Laparoscopic uterine artery occlusion versus uterine fibroid embolizationZ Holub
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Endoscopic Training Center, Baby Friendly Hospital, Kladno, Czech Republic
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 96:44-5. 2007
- The early embryo loss caused by 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin may be related to the accumulation of this compound in the uterusBing Li
Experimental Medical Research Center, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510182, China
Reprod Toxicol 21:301-6. 2006..TCDD concentration in uterus, liver, kidney, brain and fat on day 9 of pregnancy was monitored by an aryl hydrocarbon receptor (Ah receptor, ..
- Developmental exposure of mice to TCDD elicits a similar uterine phenotype in adult animals as observed in women with endometriosisTultul Nayyar
Women s Reproductive Health Research Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, 1161 21st Avenue S, MCN B 1100, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Reprod Toxicol 23:326-36. 2007..We find that the uterine phenotype of toxicant-exposed mice is markedly similarly to the endometrial phenotype of women with endometriosis...
- Successful pregnancy after myomectomy using preoperative adjuvant uterine artery embolizationHiroshi Nabeshima
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Tohoku J Exp Med 200:145-9. 2003..This case suggests that myomectomy using preadjuvant UAE may be an another approach for the treatment of leiomyoma in patients who wish bear children in the future...
- Influence of semen on inflammatory modulators of embryo implantationS A Robertson
Research Centre for Reproductive Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Soc Reprod Fertil Suppl 62:231-45. 2006..Dissecting the actions of seminal plasma may facilitate development of strategies to ensure maximal fertility and reduce embryo mortality in the pig...
- [Value of 3D-4D sonography in fetal and gynecological ultrasound examination: principles and indications]Jm Levaillant
, 157, rue de la Porte de Trivaux, 92141 Clamart Cedex
J Radiol 87:1969-92. 2006..The present paper will present the most recent advances in volume acquisition and presentation modes followed by results of fetal organ visualization in normal and abnormal cases as well as applications in gynecology...
- Indian hedgehog, but not histidine decarboxylase or amphiregulin, is a progesterone-regulated uterine gene in hamstersAtanu Khatua
Division of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, D4124 Medical Center North, 1161 21st Avenue South, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232-2678, USA
Endocrinology 147:4079-92. 2006Implantation occurs only in the progesterone (P4)-primed uterus in the majority of species, but little effort has been given to identify P4-mediated molecules in these species...
- Uterine artery ligation for treatment of pregnant women with uterine leiomyomas who are undergoing cesarean sectionWei Min Liu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Medical University Hospital and Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
Fertil Steril 86:423-8. 2006..To evaluate the therapeutic effects of uterine artery ligation for pregnant women with uterine leiomyomas, who are undergoing cesarean section...
- Focal myometrial defect and partial placenta accreta in a pregnancy following bilateral uterine artery embolizationMagdy El-Miligy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tayside University Hospitals, Perth PH1 1NX, UK
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:789-91. 2007..It is proposed that the antenatal care of pregnancies after UAE include careful imaging of the placenta, its vasculature, and the thickness of overlying uterine wall so peripartum management can be appropriately planned...
- Characterization of a prolactin-regulated gene in reproductive tissues using the prolactin receptor knockout mouse modelNathalie Baran
INSERM Unite 344, Endocrinologie Moleculaire, Faculte de Medecine Necker Enfants Malades, 156 rue de Vaugirard, 75730 Paris Cedex 15, France
Biol Reprod 66:1210-8. 2002..We characterized 1 among the 45 isolated genes, UA-3, which is regulated in the uterus as well as in the ovary during early pregnancy...
- Effects of melatonin on the endometrial morphology and embryo implantation in ratsElisabete Lílian Dair
Department of Gynecology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Fertil Steril 89:1299-305. 2008..To determine the effects of melatonin on rat endometrium morphology and embryo implantation...
- A UK multicentre retrospective cohort study comparing hysterectomy and uterine artery embolisation for the treatment of symptomatic uterine fibroids (HOPEFUL study): main results on medium-term safety and efficacyS Dutton
Centre for Statistics in Medicine, Wolfson College, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
BJOG 114:1340-51. 2007..Comparison of medium-term safety and efficacy of hysterectomy and uterine artery embolisation (UAE) for symptomatic uterine fibroids...
- Redistribution of aquaporins 1 and 5 in the rat uterus is dependent on progesterone: a study with light and electron microscopyLaura A Lindsay
School of Medical Sciences (Anatomy and Histology, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Reproduction 131:369-78. 2006..investigates the presence and distributional changes of several members of the aquaporin (AQP) family in the rat uterus in response to hormonal regime...
- Up-regulation of Per1 expression by estradiol and progesterone in the rat uterusPei Jian He
Laboratory of Reproductive Physiology and Biotechnology, Department of Animal and Marine Bioresource Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
J Endocrinol 194:511-9. 2007..The uterus is a reproductive organ that is critically dependent on regulation by ovarian steroids...
- Efficacy of HCG and ovarian steroids in the maintenance/interruption of pregnancy in-albino ratsS A Nevagi
Department of Zoology, Karnatak University, Dharwad 580 003, India
J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 16:287-99. 2005..The results indicate that these steroids cannot prevent the interruption of pregnancy induced by the continuous administration of HCG, possibly due to an overstimulation of the ovaries by gonadotrophin...
- Long-term adverse effects of neonatal exposure to bisphenol A on the murine female reproductive tractRetha R Newbold
Developmental Endocrinology and Endocrine Disruptor Section, Laboratory of Molecular Toxicology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, DHHS, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Reprod Toxicol 24:253-8. 2007..More severe pathologies of the uterus following neonatal BPA treatment included adenomyosis, leiomyomas, atypical hyperplasia, and stromal polyps...
- Pregnancy following uterine artery embolization with polyvinyl alcohol particles for patients with uterine fibroid or adenomyosisMan Deuk Kim
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Bundang CHA General Hospital, College of Medicine, Pochon CHA University, 351 Yatap dong, Bundang gu, Sungnam si, Kyonggi do 463 712, Republic of Korea
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:611-5. 2005..To determine whether uterine fibroid embolization (UFE) with polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) particles affects fertility in women desiring future pregnancy...
- Uterine artery embolization: the role in obstetrics and gynecologyS Z Badawy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, SUNY-Upstate Medical University, 750 East Adams Street, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Clin Imaging 25:288-95. 2001....
- A genomic approach to identify novel progesterone receptor regulated pathways in the uterus during implantationYong-Pil Cheon
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 407 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Mol Endocrinol 16:2853-71. 2002..The identity of gene networks that are regulated by the P receptors (PRs) in the uterus at various stages of the reproductive cycle and pregnancy, however, remain largely unknown...
- Hoxa-10 regulates uterine stromal cell responsiveness to progesterone during implantation and decidualization in the mouseH Lim
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160 7338, USA
Mol Endocrinol 13:1005-17. 1999..homeobox gene that is expressed in the developing genitourinary tract during embryogenesis and in the adult uterus during early pregnancy. Null mutation of Hoxa-10 in the mouse causes both male and female infertility...
- Permanent amenorrhea associated with endometrial atrophy after uterine artery embolization for symptomatic uterine fibroidsGiovanna Tropeano
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Rome, Italy
Fertil Steril 79:132-5. 2003..To report a case of permanent amenorrhea associated with endometrial atrophy after uterine artery embolization for symptomatic uterine fibroids...
- Gene expression profiling reveals progesterone-mediated cell cycle and immunoregulatory roles of Hoxa-10 in the preimplantation uterusMylene W M Yao
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Thorn Building, Room 1019, 20 Shattuck Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Endocrinol 17:610-27. 2003..Hoxa-10 deficiency also leads to a severe local immunological disturbance, characterized by a polyclonal proliferation of T cells, that occurs in place of the normal progesterone-mediated immunosuppression in the periimplantation uterus.
- Development of VN/14-1 and Related Analogs for Breast Cancer TherapyVINCENT COLLINS OFUKA NJAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..estrogen receptor (ER) positive rat mammary model and antagonizes the stimulatory effect of estradiol on the uterus. In contrast to its effects on several breast cancer cell lines, the compound exhibits virtually no growth ..
- Neurotoxicity of organophosphorus pesticides in developing guinea pigsWilliam R Randall; Fiscal Year: 2010..Although animal studies have confirmed that in-uterus or early postnatal exposure to chlorpyrifos compromises the brain development of rats and mice, the distinct ..
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF GYNECOLOGICAL PAINKaren J Berkley; Fiscal Year: 2010..A rat model of endometriosis exists (ENDO) that involves autotransplantion on abdominal arteries of pieces of uterus. The transplants form cysts with characteristics similar to the ectopic growths in women...
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF GYNECOLOGICAL PAINKaren Berkley; Fiscal Year: 2009..A rat model of endometriosis exists (ENDO) that involves autotransplantion on abdominal arteries of pieces of uterus. The transplants form cysts with characteristics similar to the ectopic growths in women...
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF GYNECOLOGICAL PAINKaren Berkley; Fiscal Year: 2009..A rat model of endometriosis exists (ENDO) that involves autotransplantion on abdominal arteries of pieces of uterus. The transplants form cysts with characteristics similar to the ectopic growths in women...
- THE ROLE OF THE TYPE 3 DEIODINASE IN DEVELOPMENTDonald St Germain; Fiscal Year: 2002..Such exposure to maternal compounds can have either beneficial or detrimental effects. Thus, the function of the uterus and placenta in regulating the flow of substances between the mother and fetus is crucial for fetal development...
- Human Decidual Leukocytes and Their Placental LigandsJack L Strominger; Fiscal Year: 2010..to increase blood flow to the developing fetus, implantation of the blastocyst (16 cell stage embryo) into the uterus and maternal- fetal tolerance...
- Novel Treatment of menopausal hot flushes with an extradiol prodrugIstvan Merchenthaler; Fiscal Year: 2009..This conversion is effective in the brain but not in the uterus, breast, or the pituitary gland...
- Novel treatment of menopausal hot flushes with an estradiol prodrugLaszlo Prokai; Fiscal Year: 2010..This conversion is effective in the brain but not in the uterus, breast, or the pituitary gland...
- Endogenous Hormones and Risk of EndometriosisStacey Missmer; Fiscal Year: 2009..Defined by the presence of endometrial tissue outside of the uterus, these implants respond to the hormonal cues of the menstrual cycle and "bleed" as they would in the uterus...
- Endogenous Hormones and Risk of EndometriosisStacey Missmer; Fiscal Year: 2007..Defined by the presence of endometrial tissue outside of the uterus, these implants respond to the hormonal cues of the menstrual cycle and "bleed" as they would in the uterus...
- IMPROVING COMMUNICATION WITH IVF PATIENTS ABOUT RISKS SUCH AS MULTIPLE BIRTHSLINDA FRAZIER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The chance of having a multi-fetal pregnancy is lower when fewer embryos are transferred to the uterus during IVF, but the couple may need to pay for more cycles of treatment to compensate for a lower chance of having ..
- Role of the Fetus in the Initiation of ParturitionCAROLE MENDELSON; Fiscal Year: 2004..mice injected with a histone deacetylase inhibitor near term manifested increased histone acetylation in the uterus and delayed parturition, suggesting the functional importance of the decline in coactivators in the initiation of ..
- SYMPATHETIC NERVE REMODELING IN THE ADULT UTERUSPeter Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..of this application is to elucidate factors governing peripheral sympathetic nerve remodeling in the mature rodent uterus. Our published studies show that sympathetic nerve density of the virgin rat uterus fluctuates throughout the ..
- MD Anderson Cancer Ctr. Gynecology SPORE: Uterine CancerKaren Lu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tumors arising from the epithelial (endometrium) and smooth muscle (myometrium) compartments of the uterus are important, yet under- funded, causes of morbidity and mortality in the United States...
- Molecular Basis of Automaticity in the MyometriumGlenna Bett; Fiscal Year: 2007..Spontaneous PTB therefore reflects abnormal timing in the development of the electrical activity of the uterus. Contraction during parturition results from rhythmic electrical activity (pacemaking) intrinsic to myometrium...
- Caspase-3 Maintains Uterine Quiescence in a PR and NF-Kappa B Dependent MannerJennifer C Condon; Fiscal Year: 2010During the final trimester of pregnancy the uterus undergoes a remarkable transition from a state of relative quiescence to that of an active contractile unit...