Genomes and Genes
Summary: They are oval or bean shaped bodies (1 - 30 mm in diameter) located along the lymphatic system.
Publications202 found, 100 shown here
- CD4+ T cell depletion during all stages of HIV disease occurs predominantly in the gastrointestinal tractJason M Brenchley
Human Immunology Section, Vaccine Research Center, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 40 Convent Dr, Room 3509, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 200:749-59. 2004....
- Micrometastases or isolated tumor cells and the outcome of breast cancerMaaike de Boer
Division of Medical Oncology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 361:653-63. 2009The association of isolated tumor cells and micrometastases in regional lymph nodes with the clinical outcome of breast cancer is unclear.
- Origin of the lamina propria dendritic cell networkMilena Bogunovic
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1425 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10029, USA
Immunity 31:513-25. 2009..CCR7 and were the first DCs to transport pathogenic Salmonella from the intestinal tract to the mesenteric lymph nodes. Altogether, these results underline the diverse origin of the lamina propria DC network and identify mucosal ..
- Efficient targeting of protein antigen to the dendritic cell receptor DEC-205 in the steady state leads to antigen presentation on major histocompatibility complex class I products and peripheral CD8+ T cell toleranceLaura Bonifaz
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 196:1627-38. 2002..was injected subcutaneously, OVA protein was identified over a 4-48 h period in DCs, primarily in the lymph nodes draining the injection site...
- The FLARE intraoperative near-infrared fluorescence imaging system: a first-in-human clinical trial in breast cancer sentinel lymph node mappingSusan L Troyan
Breast Care Center, Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2943-52. 2009..The FLARE imaging system overcomes this major obstacle...
- Fibroblastic reticular cells in lymph nodes regulate the homeostasis of naive T cellsAlexander Link
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Nat Immunol 8:1255-65. 2007..Our data suggest that lymph nodes and T zone fibroblastic reticular cells have a key function in naive CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cell homeostasis by ..
- CCR7 and its ligands: balancing immunity and toleranceReinhold Forster
Institute of Immunology, Hannover Medical School 30625 Hannover, Germany
Nat Rev Immunol 8:362-71. 2008..Here, we focus on the cellular and molecular mechanisms that enable CCR7 and its two ligands, CCL19 and CCL21, to balance immunity and tolerance...
- Limited amounts of dendritic cells migrate into the T-cell area of lymph nodes but have high immune activating potential in melanoma patientsPauline Verdijk
Department of Tumor Immunology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Science, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 15:2531-40. 2009..The success of immunotherapy with dendritic cells (DC) to treat cancer is dependent on effective migration to the lymph nodes and subsequent activation of antigen-specific T cells...
- Magnetovaccination as a novel method to assess and quantify dendritic cell tumor antigen capture and delivery to lymph nodesChristopher M Long
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 69:3180-7. 2009..is the number of activated antigen-presenting cells (APC) that capture antigen and migrate to draining lymph nodes (LN)...
- Flow cytometry can diagnose classical hodgkin lymphoma in lymph nodes with high sensitivity and specificityJonathan R Fromm
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 131:322-32. 2009..has been made in tissue sections as attempts to identify neoplastic Hodgkin and Reed Sternberg (HRS) cells in lymph nodes by flow cytometry (FC) have been unsuccessful...
- Identification and purification of classical Hodgkin cells from lymph nodes by flow cytometry and flow cytometric cell sortingJonathan R Fromm
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, WA 98195, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 126:764-80. 2006..Among 27 lymph nodes involved by CHL, FC enabled HRS cells to be identified in 89%, whereas none of 29 non-CHL neoplasms or 23 ..
- Skin-draining lymph nodes contain dermis-derived CD103(-) dendritic cells that constitutively produce retinoic acid and induce Foxp3(+) regulatory T cellsMartin Guilliams
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Blood 115:1958-68. 2010..DC subtype and can be readily found in the skin and in the lungs as well as in their corresponding draining lymph nodes. The RA-producing skin-derived DCs were capable of triggering the generation of regulatory T cells, a finding ..
- CD207+ CD103+ dermal dendritic cells cross-present keratinocyte-derived antigens irrespective of the presence of Langerhans cellsSandrine Henri
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, Case 906, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Exp Med 207:189-206. 2010..that the dermis contains five distinct DC subsets and identified their migratory counterparts in draining lymph nodes. Based on this refined classification, we demonstrated that the quantitatively minor CD207+ CD103+ DDC subset ..
- Axillary lymph node ratio and total number of removed lymph nodes: predictors of survival in stage I and II breast cancerB C H van der Wal
Department of Surgery, St. Lucas-Andreas Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 28:481-9. 2002..This study investigated whether the total number of removed lymph nodes and the ratio of invaded/removed lymph nodes (lymph node ratio (LNR) would prove to be independent prognostic ..
- The lymph node ratio as prognostic factor in node-positive breast cancerMia Voordeckers
Department of Radiotherapy, Academic Hospital V.U.B, Laarbeeklaan 101, Brussels, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 70:225-30. 2004..at our department were reviewed, to evaluate if there is a correlation between the ratio of involved axillary lymph nodes and the overall and cause specific survival...
- Lymph node stromal cells support dendritic cell-induced gut-homing of T cellsRosalie Molenaar
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU Vrije Universiteit University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 183:6395-402. 2009T cells are imprinted to express tissue-specific homing receptors upon activation in tissue-draining lymph nodes, resulting in their migration to the site of Ag entry...
- Tumor-mediated liver X receptor-alpha activation inhibits CC chemokine receptor-7 expression on dendritic cells and dampens antitumor responsesEduardo J Villablanca
Cancer Gene Therapy Unit, Program of Immunology and Bio Immuno Gene Therapy of Cancer, Division of Molecular Oncology, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Nat Med 16:98-105. 2010..2B1b (SULT2B1b) successfully controlled tumor growth by regaining DC migration to tumor-draining lymph nodes and by developing overt inflammation within tumors...
- Tumor masses support naive T cell infiltration, activation, and differentiation into effectorsElizabeth D Thompson
Department of Microbiology and Carter Immunology Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Exp Med 207:1791-804. 2010..Thus, targeting of T cell activation to tumors may present a tool in the development of cancer immunotherapy...
- Endoscopic ultrasound elastography for evaluation of lymph nodes and pancreatic masses: a multicenter studyMarc Giovannini
Endoscopy Unit, Paoli Calmettes Institute, Marseille, France
World J Gastroenterol 15:1587-93. 2009To evaluate the ability of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) elastography to distinguish benign from malignant pancreatic masses and lymph nodes.
- Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration for staging of lung cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisPing Gu
Respiratory Department, Shanghai Chest Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, No 214, West Huaihai Road, Shanghai 200030, PR China
Eur J Cancer 45:1389-96. 2009..have emerged as potential alternatives for staging with tissue confirmation of suspected metastatic mediastinal lymph nodes in lung cancer...
- Characteristics of asbestos concentration in lung as compared to asbestos concentration in various levels of lymph nodes that collect drainage from the lungRonald F Dodson
Dodson Environmental Consulting, Inc and ERI Analytical, Tyler, Texas, USA
Ultrastruct Pathol 31:95-133. 2007Inhaled dust particulates are able to relocate to the extrapulmonary compartments, particularly the lymph nodes that drain the lung...
- HIV-1 envelope protein gp120 is present at high concentrations in secondary lymphoid organs of individuals with chronic HIV-1 infectionMichael Santosuosso
Partners AIDS Research Center and Infectious Diseases Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Infect Dis 200:1050-3. 2009..We found that gp120 was present in high concentrations (>300 pg/mL) in the spleen and lymph nodes of some of these individuals...
- Respiratory syncytial virus-induced activation and migration of respiratory dendritic cells and subsequent antigen presentation in the lung-draining lymph nodeMichael V Lukens
Department of Pediatrics, the Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Virol 83:7235-43. 2009..We also tracked the migration of respiratory DC to the lymph nodes and studied antigen presentation by lung-derived and lymph node-resident DC to CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells...
- Neck dissection classification update: revisions proposed by the American Head and Neck Society and the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck SurgeryK Thomas Robbins
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Florida, PO Box 100264, Gainesville, FL 32610-0264, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:751-8. 2002
- Preoperative staging of pelvic lymph nodes in prostate cancer by 11C-choline PETIgle J de Jong
Department of Urology and PET Center, Groningen University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 44:331-5. 2003Prostate cancer is known for its difficulties in preoperative staging of pelvic lymph nodes by conventional imaging techniques...
- NK cell and DC interactionsMegan A Cooper
The James Cancer Hospital and The Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, 458A Starling-Loving Hall, 320 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Trends Immunol 25:47-52. 2004..We propose evidence for at least two potential locations of in vivo interactions for human NK cells and DCs, including sites of inflammation and lymph nodes.
- Lymph node ratio: role in the staging of node-positive colon cancerJiping Wang
Department of Surgery, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1600-8. 2008Recent literature has shown that lymph node ratio (LNR) is superior to the number of positive lymph nodes (pLNs) in predicting the prognosis in several malignances other than colon cancer...
- Assessment of epidermal growth factor receptor mutation by endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspirationTakahiro Nakajima
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Chest 132:597-602. 2007..EBUS-TBNA enables the sampling of histologic cores, which can be used for genetic analysis...
- Lymph node recoveries from 2427 pT3 colorectal resection specimens spanning 45 years: recommendations for a minimum number of recovered lymph nodes based on predictive probabilitiesNeal S Goldstein
Department of Anatomic Pathology, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 West Thirteen Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073, U S A
Am J Surg Pathol 26:179-89. 2002This study investigates the relationship between the number of recovered lymph nodes and lymph node metastases in colorectal resection specimens...
- Endobronchial and endoscopic ultrasound-guided real-time fine-needle aspiration for mediastinal stagingR C Rintoul
Repiratory Medicine Unit, Royan Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK
Eur Respir J 25:416-21. 2005..selected by CT scanning, a linear-array ultrasound bronchoscope was used to visualise paratracheal and hilar lymph nodes, and TBNA was performed under direct ultrasonic control...
- Stromal cell contributions to the homeostasis and functionality of the immune systemScott N Mueller
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3010 Victoria, Australia
Nat Rev Immunol 9:618-29. 2009..movement of many of its constituent cells through the secondary lymphoid tissues, mainly the spleen and lymph nodes, where crucial interactions that underlie homeostatic regulation, peripheral tolerance and the effective ..
- Histological verification of 11C-choline-positron emission/computed tomography-positive lymph nodes in patients with biochemical failure after treatment for localized prostate cancerDavid Schilling
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Germany
BJU Int 102:446-51. 2008..To evaluate the potential of (11)C-choline-positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) for planning surgery in patients with prostate cancer and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) relapse after treatment with curative intent...
- Antigen persistence and the control of local T cell memory by migrant respiratory dendritic cells after acute virus infectionTaeg S Kim
Beirne B Carter Center for Immunology Research, Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Exp Med 207:1161-72. 2010..Recent evidence suggests that there may be depots of viral antigen that persist in draining lymph nodes (DLNs) after virus clearance and could, therefore, affect the adaptive immune response and memory T cell ..
- Lateral cervical lymph node metastases from papillary thyroid carcinoma: pattern of nodal metastases and optimal strategy for neck dissectionJong Lyel Roh
Department of Otolaryngology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1, Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, Republic of Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1177-82. 2008..The present study evaluated the pattern of central and lateral cervical metastases from PTC with respect to recently defined neck sublevels and subsites...
- Non-macrophage-tropic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 R5 envelopes predominate in blood, lymph nodes, and semen: implications for transmission and pathogenesisPaul J Peters
Center for AIDS Research, Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 373 Plantation St, Biotech II Suite 315, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Virol 80:6324-32. 2006..The extensive variation in R5 tropism reported here is likely to have an important impact on pathogenesis and on the capacity of HIV-1 to transmit...
- Persistence of HIV-1 structural proteins and glycoproteins in lymph nodes of patients under highly active antiretroviral therapyMikulas Popovic
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:14807-12. 2005..we report a long-term persistence of HIV-1 structural proteins and glycoproteins in germinal centers (GCs) of lymph nodes (LNs) in the absence of detectable virus replication in patients under highly active antiretroviral therapy (..
- Alteration of lymphocyte trafficking by sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor agonistsSuzanne Mandala
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Merck Research Laboratories, Post Office Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Science 296:346-9. 2002..These agonists produce lymphopenia in blood and thoracic duct lymph by sequestration of lymphocytes in lymph nodes, but not spleen...
- Cloned genomic DNA of type 2 porcine circovirus is infectious when injected directly into the liver and lymph nodes of pigs: characterization of clinical disease, virus distribution, and pathologic lesionsM Fenaux
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Center for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061-0342, USA
J Virol 76:541-51. 2002..200 microg of the cloned PCV2 plasmid DNA, and pigs in group 4 were each injected into the superficial iliac lymph nodes with 200 microg of the cloned PCV2 plasmid DNA...
- Dendritic cells and monocyte/macrophages that create the IL-6/APRIL-rich lymph node microenvironments where plasmablasts matureElodie Mohr
Medical Research Council Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Birmingham Medical School, Birmingham, United Kingdom
J Immunol 182:2113-23. 2009..are the main producers of these factors during a T-dependent Ab response to alum-precipitated protein in mouse lymph nodes. First CD11c(+)CD8alpha(-) dendritic cells located in the perivascular area of the T zone provide about half of ..
- Nodal staging score: a tool to assess adequate staging of node-negative colon cancerMithat Gonen
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, 1275 York Ave, Box 44, New York, NY 10065, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:6166-71. 2009Adequate nodal staging of colon cancer has been defined as pathologic examination of at least 12 lymph nodes. We sought to refine this definition by quantifying the likelihood that a pathologically node-negative patient has, indeed, no ..
- Ratio between positive lymph nodes and total excised axillary lymph nodes as an independent prognostic factor for overall survival in patients with nonmetastatic lymph node-positive breast cancerHassan A Hatoum
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Ann Surg Oncol 16:3388-95. 2009The status of the axillary lymph nodes in nonmetastatic lymph node-positive breast cancer (BC) patients remains the single most important determinant of overall survival (OS)...
- Visualizing antigen-specific and infected cells in situ predicts outcomes in early viral infectionQingsheng Li
Department of Microbiology, Medical School, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Science 323:1726-9. 2009..This method highlights the importance of the location, timing, and magnitude of the immune response needed for a vaccine to be effective against agents of persistent infection, such as HIV-1...
- Pathological diagnosis and cytoreduction of cardiophrenic lymph node and pleural metastasis in ovarian cancer patients using video-assisted thoracic surgeryMyong Cheol Lim
Center for Uterine Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang, Gyeonggi, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1990-6. 2009....
- Endobronchial ultrasound guided transbronchial needle aspiration for staging of lung cancerKazuhiro Yasufuku
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1-8-1 Inohana, Chuo-ku, Chiba 260-8670, Japan
Lung Cancer 50:347-54. 2005..needle aspiration (EBUS-TBNA) for staging and diagnosis of lung cancer in patients with mediastinal lymph nodes suspected of malignancy and to assess the impact of this method in patient management...
- Dual-time-point F-18 FDG PET/CT for evaluation of intrathoracic lymph nodes in patients with non-small cell lung cancerTakayoshi Shinya
PET RI center, Okayama Kyokuto Hospital, Okayama, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 34:216-21. 2009....
- Lymphotoxin and LIGHT signaling pathways and target genesKirsten Schneider
Division of Molecular Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Immunol Rev 202:49-66. 2004..Thus, identifying and understanding the target genes may offer an opportunity to fine-tune inhibitory interventions...
- Management of pelvic lymph nodes by sentinel node navigation surgery in the treatment of invasive cervical cancerTsuyoshi Yamashita
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Asahikawa Medical College, Midorigaoka Higashi 2 1 1 1, Asahikawa, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:1113-8. 2009..In this study, the feasibility of node status diagnosis by SNNS, including intraoperative frozen section diagnosis, in patients with early and advanced cervical cancer was evaluated...
- Lymph node evaluation and long-term survival in Stage II and Stage III colon cancer: a national studyRyash Vather
Department of Surgery, South Auckland Clinical School, Middlemore Hospital, P O Box 93311, Otahuhu, Auckland, New Zealand
Ann Surg Oncol 16:585-93. 2009The most important prognostic factor in colonic cancer is the presence or absence of regional lymph nodes metastases...
- Induction of lymphoidlike stroma and immune escape by tumors that express the chemokine CCL21Jacqueline D Shields
Institute of Bioengineering, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Science 328:749-52. 2010..We suggest that by altering the tumor microenvironment, CCL21-secreting tumors shift the host immune response from immunogenic to tolerogenic, which facilitates tumor progression...
- Foxp3+ T cells induce perforin-dependent dendritic cell death in tumor-draining lymph nodesAlexandre Boissonnas
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U932, Immunité et Cancer, Institut Curie, F 75245 Paris Cedex 05, France
Immunity 32:266-78. 2010..In tumor-draining lymph nodes, Foxp3(+) T cell neutralization induced a marked arrest in the migration of OTI T cells, increased numbers of ..
- The sentinel node concept in early cervical cancer performs well in tumors smaller than 2 cmLotten Darlin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Lund, SE 221 85 Lund, Sweden
Gynecol Oncol 117:266-9. 2010..The aim of the study was to evaluate the sentinel node (SLN) concept for lymphatic mapping in early stage cervical cancer...
- Activation of aryl hydrocarbon receptor by TCDD prevents diabetes in NOD mice and increases Foxp3+ T cells in pancreatic lymph nodesNancy I Kerkvliet
Oregon State University, Department of Microbiology, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Immunotherapy 1:539-47. 2009..reduced pancreatic islet insulitis and an expanded population of CD4+CD25+Foxp3+ cells in the pancreatic lymph nodes. When treatment with TCDD was terminated after 15 weeks (23 weeks of age), mice developed diabetes over the ..
- CCL21 is sufficient to mediate DC migration, maturation and function in the absence of CCL19Mirjam R Britschgi
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
Eur J Immunol 40:1266-71. 2010..Our findings suggest that CCL21 is the critical CCR7 ligand regulating DC homeostasis and function in vivo with CCL19 being redundant for these processes...
- CD169(+) macrophages present lipid antigens to mediate early activation of iNKT cells in lymph nodesPatricia Barral
Lymphocyte Interaction Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London Research Institute, London, UK
Nat Immunol 11:303-12. 2010..Here we used multiphoton microscopy to visualize the dynamics and activation of iNKT cells in lymph nodes. After antigen administration, iNKT cells became confined in a CD1d-dependent manner in close proximity to ..
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells accumulate and secrete interferon alpha in lymph nodes of HIV-1 patientsClara Lehmann
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11110. 2010..Here we show an accumulation of pDC in lymph nodes (LN) of treatment-naïve HIV-1 patients...
- Identification of regulatory Foxp3+ invariant NKT cells induced by TGF-betaMarta Monteiro
Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
J Immunol 185:2157-63. 2010..We found that this protection was associated with the emergence of a Foxp3(+) iNKT cell population in cervical lymph nodes. We demonstrate that the differentiation of these cells is critically dependent on TGF-beta in both mice and ..
- Leukocytes infiltrate the skin and draining lymph nodes in response to the protozoan Leishmania infantum chagasiColin J Thalhofer
Interdisciplinary Immunology Program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Infect Immun 79:108-17. 2011..Macrophages and NK cells next infiltrated the dermis, and NK followed by B cells expanded in draining lymph nodes. Parasite-containing phagocytes were tracked with fluorescent mCherry-labeled L. infantum chagasi...
- Value of diffusion-weighted MR imaging in the differentiation between benign and malignant cervical lymph nodesKonstantin Holzapfel
Department of Radiology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Ismaninger Str 22, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Eur J Radiol 72:381-7. 2009To evaluate echo-planar diffusion-weighted MR imaging (DWI) in the differentiation between benign and malignant cervical lymph nodes.
- Diagnostic benefit of thyroglobulin measurement in fine-needle aspiration for diagnosing metastatic cervical lymph nodes from papillary thyroid cancer: correlations with US featuresSe Jeong Jeon
Department of Radiology and Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Korean J Radiol 10:106-11. 2009..over FNAB-cytology alone for diagnosing metastatic nodes, and to determine whether the ultrasound features of lymph nodes can be used to identify lymph nodes that may benefit from FNAB-Tg measurement in patients with papillary ..
- Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration cytology: a state of the art reviewS E H Cameron
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Cytopathology 21:6-26. 2010..is a recently developed, accurate, safe and cost-effective technique that allows sampling of mediastinal lymph nodes and peribronchial lesions including pulmonary and mediastinal lesions...
- Prognostic significance of the number of metastatic lymph nodes: is UICC/TNM node classification perfectly suitable for early gastric cancer?Baojun Huang
Department of Surgical Oncology, The First Hospital of China Medical University, 155, North Nanjing Street, Heping District, Shenyang, 110001, China
Ann Surg Oncol 16:61-7. 2009..We conclude that subsets exist in patients with EGC at stage IB by UICC classification; patients with >/=4 MLNs are at higher risk of recurrence and surgical outcome in this population is relatively poor...
- An evaluation of the relationship between lymph node number and staging in pT3 colon cancer using population-based dataNancy N Baxter
Department of Surgery and Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dis Colon Rectum 53:65-70. 2010The number of lymph nodes examined has been proposed as a quality benchmark for colon cancer surgery, although it is unknown whether this strategy reduces understaging.
- A prospective study of use of a clinicopathological score to select patients for the type of axillary surgeryT D Pinkney
Russells Hall Hospital, Pensnett Road, Dudley, Stourbridge DY1 2HQ, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 33:153-6. 2007..The clinicopathological score may assist patients to decide if they would benefit from sentinel node biopsy or axillary clearance as a primary procedure...
- Multidetector-row computed tomography for the preoperative evaluation of axillary nodal status in patients with breast cancerYutaka Ogasawara
Department of Cancer and Thoracic Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama, 700 8558, Japan
Surg Today 38:104-8. 2008..We evaluated the effectiveness of multidetector-row computed tomography (MD-CT) for detecting axillary lymph nodal status (ALNS) in patients with breast cancer...
- Axillary surgery in breast cancer patientsA Millet
Division of Breast Diseases, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Valencia School of Medicine, and Department of General Surgery, Valencia General Hospital, Valencia, Spain
Clin Transl Oncol 9:513-20. 2007Surgeons have routinely removed ipsilateral axillary lymph nodes from women with breast cancer for over 100 years. The procedure provides important staging information, enhances regional control of the malignancy and may improve survival...
- [Axillar lymphadenectomy]D Oertli
Departement Chirurgie, Universitatsspital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Schweiz
Chirurg 78:194, 196-202. 2007..The surgical technique of axillary dissection is presented, complications and oncologic outcomes are summarised after dissection for breast carcinoma and malignant melanoma, respectively...
- A nonrandomized follow-up comparison between standard axillary node dissection and sentinel node biopsy in breast cancerPeter Konstantiniuk
University Hospital, Graz, Austria
Breast 16:520-6. 2007..The goal of our study was to evaluate the oncological safety of the SNB in breast cancer in a multicenter, nonrandomized setting with comparable groups...
- Distinction between isolated tumor cells and micrometastases in breast cancer: is it reliable and useful?Isabelle de Mascarel
Department of Pathology, Institute Bergonie, Bordeaux, France
Cancer 112:1672-8. 2008..The authors assessed differences in classifying patients according to the American Joint Commission on Cancer (AJCC) and the International Union Against Cancer (UICC) definitions and method of sizing...
- Internal mammary nodal chain drainage is a prognostic indicator in axillary node-positive breast cancerMichelle S Yao
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington Medical School, Seattle, WA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2985-93. 2007..Internal mammary (IM) nodes are a potential site of breast lymphatic drainage. We examined the relationship between lymphoscintigraphic evidence of IM drainage and survival in early-stage breast cancer patients (pts)...
- Axillary lymph node count is lower after neoadjuvant chemotherapyHeather Neuman
Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Surg 191:827-9. 2006BACKGROUND: Retrieval of fewer than 10 lymph nodes at axillary dissection (ALND) for breast cancer can represent anatomic variation or inadequate dissection...
- Sentinel nodes in breast cancer: relevance of axillary level II nodes and optimal number of nodes that need to be removedJean François Boileau
Department of Surgical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1710-6. 2008..the radiocolloid used to perform sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) for breast cancer appears in a number of lymph nodes and in different levels of the axilla...
- The prevalence of axillary lymph-node metastases in patients with pure tubular carcinoma of the breast and sentinel node biopsyJ Leikola
Breast Surgery Unit, Maria Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:488-91. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: Every fourth PTC patient has axillary lymph-node metastases, most often micrometastases. SN biopsy appears as a feasible method for axillary staging in PTC patients...
- Intraoperative examination of sentinel lymph nodes by ultrarapid immunohistochemistry in breast cancerYoung Jin Choi
Department of Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Gangnam Gu, Seoul 135 710, Korea
Jpn J Clin Oncol 36:489-93. 2006The ultrarapid immunohistochemistry (IHC) technique was applied to the intraoperative examination of sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) because routine SLN frozen section examinations sometimes produce false-negative results...
- Sentinel node biopsy is not a standard procedure in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast: the experience of the European institute of oncology on 854 patients in 10 yearsMattia Intra
Division of Breast Surgery, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Surg 247:315-9. 2008....
- Value of the sentinel lymph node procedure in patients with large size breast cancerLoic Lelievre
Department of Surgery, Institut Paoli Calmettes, 232 Bd Sainte Marguerite, Marseilles, France
Ann Surg Oncol 14:621-6. 2007..Widely used in routine for small breast cancers, the sentinel lymph node (SN) biopsy is still discussed in tumors >or= 3 cm...
- Percent positive axillary lymph node metastasis predicts survival in patients with non-metastatic breast cancerIbtisam Lale Atahan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Faculty of Medicine, Hacettepe University, Sohhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Acta Oncol 47:232-8. 2008..We retrospectively evaluated the impact of percent positive axillary nodal involvement on the therapeutic outcomes in patients with non-metastatic breast cancer receiving postmastectomy radiotherapy and chemotherapy...
- Arm morbidity following sentinel lymph node biopsy or axillary lymph node dissection: a study from the Danish Breast Cancer Cooperative GroupAnders Husted Madsen
Department of Surgery, Aarhus University Hospital, JageHansensgade 2, 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Breast 17:138-47. 2008..Very few studies have examined the impact on shoulder mobility of node positive patients having a secondary axillary dissection because of the findings of metastases postoperatively...
- Significance of preoperative lymphoscintigraphy and thin-slice computed tomography on sentinel node assessment: metastatic sentinel node in a lateral paramammary lesion out of axillary nodes from breast cancerHajime Hikino
Department of Surgery, Shimane Prefectural Central Hospital, Matue, Japan
Radiat Med 24:583-6. 2006..Immediate axillary dissection and adjuvant chemotherapy was subsequently performed. Careful evaluation using lymphoscintigraphy and thin-slice CT may be associated with increased localization of true sentinel nodes...
- Utility of 18F-fluoro-deoxyglucose emission tomography/computed tomography fusion imaging (18F-FDG PET/CT) in combination with ultrasonography for axillary staging in primary breast cancerShigeto Ueda
Department of Surgery, National Defense Medical College, 3 2 Namiki, Tokorozawa, Saitama 359 8513, Japan
BMC Cancer 8:165. 2008....
- Axillary reverse mapping: mapping and preserving arm lymphatics may be important in preventing lymphedema during sentinel lymph node biopsyCristiano Boneti
Division of Breast Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Winthrop P Rockefeller Cancer Institute, Little Rock, AR, USA
J Am Coll Surg 206:1038-42; discussion 1042-4. 2008..We hypothesized that this higher than expected rate of lymphedema may be secondary to disruption of arm lymphatics during an SLNB procedure...
- S-classification of sentinel lymph node predicts axillary nonsentinel lymph node status in patients with breast cancerAstrid Maria Fink
Department of Dermatology, Wilhelminenspital, Montleartstrasse 37, 1160, Vienna, Austria
Ann Surg Oncol 15:848-53. 2008..The aim of the present study was to identify patients with positive SN who are unlikely to have further metastases in the axillary lymph node basin, using a new classification of SN, namely the S-classification...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy alone has no adverse impact on the survival of patients with breast cancerHiroyuki Takei
Division of Breast Surgery, Saitama Cancer Center, Kita adachi, Saitama, Japan
Breast J 12:S157-64. 2006..As the type of axillary surgery had no impact on the prognosis of patients with breast cancer, a SLNB alone is safe as determined by a negative histologic investigation...
- Clinical implications of sentinel nodes outside the axilla and internal mammary chain in patients with breast cancerMaartje C van Rijk
Department of Surgery, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Surg Oncol 94:281-6. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the incidence, location, surgical identification rate, tumor status, and clinical implications of sentinel nodes outside the axilla and internal mammary chain...
- Re-evaluation of axillary skip metastases in the era of sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancerMehmet Keskek
Fifth Department of Surgery, Ankara Numune Training and Research Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Surg Today 36:1047-52. 2006..metastases, resectioning and immunohistochemical staining of the remaining part of paraffin blocks from level I lymph nodes were done to determine whether there were any micrometastases in this group of lymph nodes...
- A comparative study on the value of FDG-PET and sentinel node biopsy to identify occult axillary metastasesU Veronesi
Division of Senology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 18:473-8. 2007Sentinel node biopsy (SNB) has become a standard treatment in staging axillary lymph nodes in early breast cancer. SNB, however, is an invasive procedure and is time-consuming when the sentinel node is analysed intra-operatively...
- The incidence and significance of micrometastases in lymph nodes of patients with ductal carcinoma in situ and T1a carcinoma of the breastL N Broekhuizen
Department of Surgery, Netherlands Cancer Institute (NKI)/Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Ziekenhuis, Amsterdam
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:502-6. 2006..All archived lymph nodes of these patients were re-evaluated using immunohistochemistry (IHC)...
- Axillary recurrence in women with a negative sentinel lymph node and no axillary dissection in breast cancerJ Alexander Palesty
Department of Breast and Soft Tissue Surgery, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Department of Surgery, State University of New York at Buffalo, New York 14263 0001, USA
J Surg Oncol 93:129-32. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the frequency of axillary lymph node recurrence in patients who had a negative sentinel lymph node and did not undergo axillary node dissection...
- Lymphovascular invasion enhances the prediction of non-sentinel node metastases in breast cancer patients with positive sentinel nodesM R Weiser
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 8:145-9. 2001..CONCLUSION: Patients with small breast cancers, no LVI, and SLN micrometastases have a low risk of non-SLN metastases, and may not require completion ALND...
- Tumor characteristics predictive of sentinel node metastases in 105 consecutive patients with invasive lobular carcinomaBaiba J Grube
Joyce Eisenberg Keefer Breast Center, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Saint John's Health Center, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Am J Surg 184:372-6. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: SN staging for ILC is feasible and accurate. Receptor status and proliferative indices are not useful markers for metastases. However, large tumor size and presence of angiolymphatic invasion are positive predictors...
- Determinants of diagnostic performance of [F-18]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography for axillary staging in breast cancerJacobus J M van Der Hoeven
Departments of Internal Medicine and Surgery, Ziekenhuis Amstelveen, Amstelveen, The Netherlands
Ann Surg 236:619-24. 2002To prospectively investigate determinants of the accuracy of staging axillary lymph nodes in breast cancer using [F-18]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography (FDG PET).
- Retrospective analysis of sentinel node localization in multifocal, multicentric, palpable, or nonpalpable breast cancerRakesh Kumar
Department of Nuclear Medicine, St. Vincent's Catholic Medical Centers of New York, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, USA
J Nucl Med 44:7-10. 2003..During surgery, vital blue dye was injected intraparenchymally in 4-6 places around the tumor. All lymph nodes with counts of >10 times that of the background counts, whether or not blue dye positive, and all blue dye-..
- Will we need lymph node dissection at all in the future?Robert L J H Bourez
Department of Radiology, Medical Center Haaglanden, The Hague, The Netherlands
Clin Breast Cancer 3:315-22; discussion 323-5. 2002..In microscopic disease, radiotherapy may be an alternative with equal control and less morbidity...
- Extracapsular extension of the sentinel lymph node metastasis: a predictor of nonsentinel node tumor burdenKaryn B Stitzenberg
Department of Surgery, University of North Carolina, 3010 Old Clinic Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Ann Surg 237:607-12; discussion 612-3. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: ECE of the SN metastasis is a strong predictor of NSN tumor involvement. All patients with ECE of the SN metastasis should undergo mandatory completion ALND...
- [lymphatic Mapping and Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in patients with Breast Cancer ]José Francisco Gallegos-Hernández
Departamento de Tumores de Mama, Hospital de Oncología CMN SXXI, IMSS, Av Cuauhtémoc 330 Col Doctores C P 06725, Mexico, D F
Gac Med Mex 139:205-8. 2003..Axillary lymphadenectomy is the standard of care in breast cancer patients. Lymphatic mapping has arisen as an alternative offering less morbidity...
- Comparison of quality of life and arm complaints after axillary lymph node dissection vs sentinel lymph node biopsy in breast cancer patientsF Peintinger
Gynecological Department, General Hospital Bruck Leoben, Vordernbergerstrasse 42, 8700 Leoben, Austria
Br J Cancer 89:648-52. 2003..Breast cancer patients should be counselled about the benefits of SLNB over ALND concerning QOL and postsurgery side effects in a short-term follow-up...
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy in early breast cancer: the first 100 cases performed in a teaching instituteAhmad Mahajna
Department of Surgery A, Rambam Medical Center, Technion Faculty of Medicine, Haifa, Israel
Isr Med Assoc J 5:556-9. 2003BACKGROUND: The histologic status of axillary lymph nodes is one of the most important prognostic factors in breast cancer and influences the management of these patients...
- Sentinel node biopsy after neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancerThomas B Julian
Department of Human Oncology, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15212, USA
Am J Surg 184:315-7. 2002....
- Axillary lymph-node dissection for positive sentinel nodes in breast cancer patientsH Mignotte
Department of Surgery, Centre Leon Berard, 28 rue Laennec, 69373 Lyon Cedex, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 28:623-6. 2002..The aim was to identify a subset of breast cancer patient with positive sentinel nodes (SNs) for whom secondary axillary clearance would be unnecessary...
- Axillary dissection over the years: where to from here?M R Keshtgar
Academic Department of Surgery, Royal Free and University College Medical School, 67 73 Riding House Street, London W1P 7LD, UK
World J Surg 25:761-6. 2001..We review the historical milestones and various modalities used for axillary management, discuss the concept of sentinel node biopsy for breast carcinoma, and propose a management plan...
- Is there a role for selective axillary dissection in breast cancer?M L Gemignani
Breast Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
World J Surg 25:809-18. 2001....
- [Management of the axilla in breast cancer: evidences and unresolved issues]J Fodor
, , Budapest
Orv Hetil 142:1941-50. 2001..Patient should be fully informed about the benefits and the potential side effects of treatments. A combination of radiotherapy and axillary dissection results an increased morbidity rate compared with either alone...
- Dendritic Cells in the Breaking of Peripheral Tolerance in Type 1 DiabetesJONATHAN DAVID contact KATZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..fact, numerous studies have shown that DC that capture antigen from apoptotic cells migrate to local lymph nodes, where they induce T cell tolerance, anergy or deletion...
- Use of Substance P antagonists to regulate the skin immune functionAdriana T Larregina; Fiscal Year: 2010..sDCs) including epidermal Langerhans cells (LCs) and dermal DCs (DDCs) that transport haptens to skin draining lymph nodes (sDLNs) and activate naive T cells...
- Specific Contribution of a New IG Isotype (IGT) in Teleost Fish Immune ResponsesJ Oriol Sunyer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since fish lack peyer patches and lymph nodes in the gut, a lower spatial and functional complexity of the local mucosal responses should be expected, ..
- Regulation of Organized Intestinal Lymphoid Tissues by TRANCE/RANKLIfor R Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..and TNFSF11), a member of the TNF superfamily previously shown to have obligatory roles in the development of lymph nodes, the differentiation of medullary thymic epithelial cells, the differentiation of osteoclasts, and mammary ..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR MECHANISMS FOR MUCOSAL IMMUNITYKohtaro Fujihashi; Fiscal Year: 2005..lymphotoxin-beta receptor (LTbR)-Ig do not develop Peyer's patches ; however, these mice exhibit mesenteric lymph nodes which drain the small intestine...
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR MECHANISMS FOR MUCOSAL IMMUNITYJERRY MCGHEE; Fiscal Year: 2002..lymphotoxin-beta receptor (LTbR)-Ig do not develop Peyer's patches ; however, these mice exhibit mesenteric lymph nodes which drain the small intestine...
- TNF family members for lymph angiogenesis and lymph node hypertrophyYang Xin Fu; Fiscal Year: 2010..vessels (LV) and high endothelial venules (HEV) in peripheral tissues leads to hypertrophy of draining lymph nodes (LN) during inflammation/vaccination, but the molecular mechanism regulating LN hypertrophy is poorly ..
- Alphavirus Replicons for Mucosal HIV VaccinesMichael Vajdy; Fiscal Year: 2002..there is evidence for presence of SIV-specific CTL activity in the vaginal mucosa as well as in the draining lymph nodes of rhesus macaques inoculated intra-vaginally with SIV...
- Sulfotransferases in the Synthesis of L-Selectin LigandsSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2007Lymphocytes home from the blood into lymph nodes during the process of lymphocyte recirculation. Homing is initiated by the rolling of lymphocytes on high endothelial venules (HEVs) within the lymph node...
- Sulfotransferases in the Synthesis of L-Selectin LigandsSteven D Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2010Lymphocytes home from the blood into lymph nodes during the process of lymphocyte recirculation. Homing is initiated by the rolling of lymphocytes on high endothelial venules (HEVs) within the lymph node...
- Sulfotransferases in the Synthesis of L-Selectin LigandsSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2009Lymphocytes home from the blood into lymph nodes during the process of lymphocyte recirculation. Homing is initiated by the rolling of lymphocytes on high endothelial venules (HEVs) within the lymph node...
- Methamphetamine, Stress and SIV: Effects at Blood-Brain Barrier and Lymph NodesJohn Capitanio; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, given our demonstrated effects of stress on viral replication in lymph nodes, and the additional effects we anticipate seeing due to the sympathomimetic properties of methamphetamine, we ..
- Does UV-induced Unconventional Mast Cell Migration Activate Immune Suppression?Stephen E Ullrich; Fiscal Year: 2010..observed that UV radiation activates mast cell migration from the site of inflammation (skin) to the draining lymph nodes. When this "reverse mast cell migration" was inhibited by blocking CXCR4 binding to its ligand CXCL12, an ..
- CLINICAL TRANSLATION OF 19F MRI TO VISUALIZE CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPEUTIC CELLSERIC AHRENS; Fiscal Year: 2009..and other cancer types uses dendritic cells (DCs) as live vaccines that deliver tumor-specific antigens to the lymph nodes thereby inducing endogenous killer T cells (i.e., cytotoxic T cells or CTLs) in patients...
- MELANOMA VACCINES USING MHC-ASSOCIATED PEPTIDESCRAIG LEE SLINGLUFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..an inflammatory stimulus, which in turn induces epidermal Langerhans cells to mature and to migrate to draining lymph nodes. However, repeat vaccination with melanoma peptides in adjuvant is associated with dramatic chronic local ..
- MELANOMA VACCINES USING MHC-ASSOCIATED PEPTIDESCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2009..an inflammatory stimulus, which in turn induces epidermal Langerhans cells to mature and to migrate to draining lymph nodes. However, repeat vaccination with melanoma peptides in adjuvant is associated with dramatic chronic local ..
- T cell regulation by IDO-competent plasmacytoid dendritic cellsAndrew Mellor; Fiscal Year: 2009..T cell responses to tumor and pathogen antigens encountered in these tissues and in associated draining lymph nodes. However, the underlying mechanisms that create and maintain local suppression in inflamed tissues are not well ..
- Human Beta-Defensin-1 in HSV-1 Innate ImmunityLisa Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2007..a role in induction of Th1 immunity against influenza and HSV-1 and are recruited in mouse infection models to lymph nodes to stimulate antiviral cytotoxic T-cells...
- LCDIO FOR LYMPH NODE MR IMAGINGRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2001..based iron oxide (LCDIO) contrast agents for the assessment of active tumor growth in local and regional lymph nodes during cancer spread...
- The lymph node microenvionment in tumor metastasisJudith A Varner; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Lymph nodes are the initial sites of metastasis for most solid tumors, including breast carcinoma and melanoma...
- Coexpression of EGFRvlll/ErbB2 in Human Breast CancerCareen Tang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Even more striking was that 100 percent (4/4) of ErbB-2 positive metastatic lymph nodes co-overexpressed EGFRvIII...
- CELL SURFACE LECTINS AND INTERCELLULAR ADHESIONSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2009Lymphocytes "home" from the blood into lymph nodes as part of the process of lymphocyte recirculation. This homing process has multiple steps consisting of a sequence of adhesive and signaling interactions...
- The lymph node microenvionment in tumor metastasisJudith Varner; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Lymph nodes are the initial sites of metastasis for most solid tumors, including breast carcinoma and melanoma...
- CELL SURFACE LECTINS AND INTERCELLULAR ADHESIONSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2006Lymphocytes "home" from the blood into lymph nodes as part of the process of lymphocyte recirculation. This homing process has multiple steps consisting of a sequence of adhesive and signaling interactions...
- CELL SURFACE LECTINS AND INTERCELLULAR ADHESIONSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2007Lymphocytes "home" from the blood into lymph nodes as part of the process of lymphocyte recirculation. This homing process has multiple steps consisting of a sequence of adhesive and signaling interactions...
- Dectection of occult mediastinal lymph node mestastasesMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2007..The presence of metastatic disease in the mediastinal lymph nodes of NSCLC patients has profound prognostic and therapeutic implications...
- Methamphetamine, Stress and SIV: Effects at Blood-Brain Barrier and Lymph NodesJohn Capitanio; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, given our demonstrated effects of stress on viral replication in lymph nodes, and the additional effects we anticipate seeing due to the sympathomimetic properties of methamphetamine, we ..
- Molecular & Genetic Determinants of Outcome in Breast CancerAngela DeMichele; Fiscal Year: 2007..S. annually. Approximately 1/3 of these cases comprise women with disease limited to the breast and axillary lymph nodes. In these patients, aggressive multi-modality treatment can be curative in just over 50% of cases...