Genomes and Genes
Summary: They are oval or bean shaped bodies (1 - 30 mm in diameter) located along the lymphatic system.
Publications255 found, 100 shown here
- T-cell priming by dendritic cells in lymph nodes occurs in three distinct phasesThorsten R Mempel
The CBR Institute for Biomedical Research, Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 427:154-9. 2004Primary T-cell responses in lymph nodes (LNs) require contact-dependent information exchange between T cells and dendritic cells (DCs)...
- In vivo analysis of dendritic cell development and homeostasisKang Liu
Laboratory of Molecular Immunology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Science 324:392-7. 2009..Pre-cDCs enter lymph nodes through and migrate along high endothelial venules and later disperse and integrate into the DC network...
- A chemokine-driven positive feedback loop organizes lymphoid folliclesK M Ansel
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, 94143, USA
Nature 406:309-14. 2000..is required for B-cell migration to splenic follicles, but the requirements for homing to B-cell areas in lymph nodes remain to be defined...
- Cytokine-secreting follicular T cells shape the antibody repertoireR Lee Reinhardt
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Medicine and Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, USA
Nat Immunol 10:385-93. 2009..here that CD4(+) follicular helper T cells constituted essentially all of the cytokine-secreting T cells in lymph nodes and were functionally distinct from T cells secreting the same cytokine in peripheral tissues...
- Small intestinal CD103+ dendritic cells display unique functional properties that are conserved between mice and humansElin Jaensson
Immunology Section, BMC D14, 221 84 Lund University, Lund, Sweden
J Exp Med 205:2139-49. 2008..distinct subset of CD103(+) dendritic cells (DCs) has recently been identified in murine mesenteric lymph nodes (MLN) that induces enhanced FoxP3(+) T cell differentiation, retinoic acid receptor signaling, and gut-homing ..
- Origin of the lamina propria dendritic cell networkMilena Bogunovic
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1425 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10029, USA
Immunity 31:513-25. 2009..CCR7 and were the first DCs to transport pathogenic Salmonella from the intestinal tract to the mesenteric lymph nodes. Altogether, these results underline the diverse origin of the lamina propria DC network and identify mucosal ..
- Subcapsular sinus macrophages in lymph nodes clear lymph-borne viruses and present them to antiviral B cellsTobias Junt
Immune Disease Institute and Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 450:110-4. 2007b>Lymph nodes prevent the systemic dissemination of pathogens such as viruses that infect peripheral tissues after penetrating the body's surface barriers...
- Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase controls conversion of Foxp3+ Tregs to TH17-like cells in tumor-draining lymph nodesMadhav D Sharma
Department of Pediatrics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
Blood 113:6102-11. 2009..indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) is expressed by a subset of murine plasmacytoid DCs (pDCs) in tumor-draining lymph nodes (TDLNs), where it can potently activate Foxp3+ regulatory T cells (Tregs)...
- Vaccine adjuvants alum and MF59 induce rapid recruitment of neutrophils and monocytes that participate in antigen transport to draining lymph nodesSamuele Calabro
Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Siena, Italy
Vaccine 29:1812-23. 2011..we show that all recruited cell types take up both adjuvant and antigen to transport them to the draining lymph nodes (LNs)...
- CCR7 and its ligands: balancing immunity and toleranceReinhold Forster
Institute of Immunology, Hannover Medical School 30625 Hannover, Germany
Nat Rev Immunol 8:362-71. 2008..Here, we focus on the cellular and molecular mechanisms that enable CCR7 and its two ligands, CCL19 and CCL21, to balance immunity and tolerance...
- Peripheral CD103+ dendritic cells form a unified subset developmentally related to CD8alpha+ conventional dendritic cellsBrian T Edelson
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Exp Med 207:823-36. 2010..We demonstrate that Batf3(-/-) mice also lack CD103+CD11b- DCs in the lung, intestine, mesenteric lymph nodes (MLNs), dermis, and skin-draining lymph nodes...
- CD56bright natural killer cells are present in human lymph nodes and are activated by T cell-derived IL-2: a potential new link between adaptive and innate immunityTodd A Fehniger
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Blood 101:3052-7. 2003..Here, we demonstrate that CD56(bright) NK cells are present in human lymph nodes and that endogenous T cell-derived IL-2, acting through the NK high-affinity IL-2 receptor, costimulates CD56(..
- Exosomes released by melanoma cells prepare sentinel lymph nodes for tumor metastasisJoshua L Hood
Consortium for Translational Research in Advanced Imaging and Nanomedicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Cancer Res 71:3792-801. 2011..In this study, we show exosome-mediated conditioning of lymph nodes and define microanatomic responses that license metastasis of melanoma cells...
- CD4+ T cell depletion during all stages of HIV disease occurs predominantly in the gastrointestinal tractJason M Brenchley
Human Immunology Section, Vaccine Research Center, National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 40 Convent Dr, Room 3509, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Exp Med 200:749-59. 2004....
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells from mouse tumor-draining lymph nodes directly activate mature Tregs via indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenaseMadhav D Sharma
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Clin Invest 117:2570-82. 2007..We hypothesize that IDO+ pDCs create a profoundly suppressive microenvironment within tumor-draining LNs via constitutive activation of Tregs...
- Regulated release of nitric oxide by nonhematopoietic stroma controls expansion of the activated T cell pool in lymph nodesVeronika Lukacs-Kornek
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Immunol 12:1096-104. 2011..Notably, in vivo expression of NOS2 by FRCs and LECs regulated the size of the activated T cell pool. Our study elucidates an as-yet-unrecognized role for the lymph node stromal niche in controlling T cell responses...
- Origin, homeostasis and function of Langerhans cells and other langerin-expressing dendritic cellsMiriam Merad
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
Nat Rev Immunol 8:935-47. 2008..In this Review we describe new developments in the understanding of the biology of LCs and other langerin(+) DCs and discuss the challenges that remain in identifying the role of different DC subsets in tissue immunity...
- Pathogenesis of persistent lymphatic vessel hyperplasia in chronic airway inflammationPeter Baluk
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Department of Anatomy, UCSF, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Clin Invest 115:247-57. 2005..Lack of lymphatic growth exaggerated mucosal edema and reduced the hypertrophy of draining lymph nodes. Airway dendritic cells, macrophages, neutrophils, and epithelial cells expressed the VEGFR-3 ligands VEGF-C or ..
- Fibroblastic reticular cells in lymph nodes regulate the homeostasis of naive T cellsAlexander Link
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Nat Immunol 8:1255-65. 2007..Our data suggest that lymph nodes and T zone fibroblastic reticular cells have a key function in naive CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cell homeostasis by ..
- Characterization of four conventional dendritic cell subsets in human skin-draining lymph nodes in relation to T-cell activationRieneke van de Ven
Departments of Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center Cancer Center Amsterdam, De Boelelaan, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 118:2502-10. 2011..study we identified and functionally tested 4 human conventional DC (cDC) subsets within skin-draining sentinel lymph nodes (SLNs) from early-stage melanoma patients...
- Induced recruitment of NK cells to lymph nodes provides IFN-gamma for T(H)1 primingAlfonso MartIn-Fontecha
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Nat Immunol 5:1260-5. 2004..Here we show in mice that natural killer (NK) cells, which are normally excluded from lymph nodes, are rapidly recruited in a CCR7-independent, CXCR3-dependent manner to lymph nodes on stimulation by the ..
- Alloantigen-presenting plasmacytoid dendritic cells mediate tolerance to vascularized graftsJordi C Ochando
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029 6574, USA
Nat Immunol 7:652-62. 2006..Tolerizing pDCs acquired alloantigen in the allograft and then moved through the blood to home to peripheral lymph nodes. In the lymph node, alloantigen-presenting pDCs induced the generation of CCR4+ CD4+ CD25+ Foxp3+ regulatory T ..
- Immune complex relay by subcapsular sinus macrophages and noncognate B cells drives antibody affinity maturationTri Giang Phan
1 Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco UCSF, California, USA 2 Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Nat Immunol 10:786-93. 2009..Thus, we characterize SCS macrophages as specialized antigen-presenting cells functioning at the apex of an antigen transport chain that promotes humoral immunity...
- IL-4-producing CD4+ T cells in reactive lymph nodes during helminth infection are T follicular helper cellsIrah L King
Trudeau Institute, Saranac Lake, NY 12983, USA
J Exp Med 206:1001-7. 2009..the IL-4-mediated link between Th2 cells and B lymphocytes, the location of IL-4-producing T cells in the lymph nodes is currently unclear...
- Lymphocyte sequestration through S1P lyase inhibition and disruption of S1P gradientsSusan R Schwab
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0414, USA
Science 309:1735-9. 2005..We conclude that lymphocyte egress is mediated by S1P gradients that are established by S1P lyase activity and that the lyase may represent a novel immunosuppressant drug target...
- Dynamics of neutrophil migration in lymph nodes during infectionTatyana Chtanova
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Life Sciences Addition, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Immunity 29:487-96. 2008..blood to sites of infection have been well characterized, little is known about their migration patterns within lymph nodes or the strategies that neutrophils use to find their local sites of action...
- Magnetic resonance tracking of dendritic cells in melanoma patients for monitoring of cellular therapyI Jolanda M de Vries
Department of Tumor Immunology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center and Nijmegen Center for Molecular Life Sciences, Geert Grooteplein 28, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Nat Biotechnol 23:1407-13. 2005..In dendritic cell therapy, in particular, delivery and subsequent migration of cells to regional lymph nodes is essential for effective stimulation of the immune system...
- Transcriptional profiling of stroma from inflamed and resting lymph nodes defines immunological hallmarksDeepali Malhotra
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Immunol 13:499-510. 2012..LNSCs from inflamed lymph nodes upregulated expression of genes encoding chemokines and molecules involved in the acute-phase response and the ..
- Expression of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase by plasmacytoid dendritic cells in tumor-draining lymph nodesDavid H Munn
Department of Pediatrics, Institute for Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912, USA
J Clin Invest 114:280-90. 2004..We hypothesize that IDO-mediated suppression by pDCs in TDLNs creates a local microenvironment that is potently suppressive of host antitumor T cell responses...
- A putative chemokine receptor, BLR1, directs B cell migration to defined lymphoid organs and specific anatomic compartments of the spleenR Forster
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin Buch, Germany
Cell 87:1037-47. 1996..Blr1 mutant mice lack inguinal lymph nodes and possess no or only a few phenotypically abnormal Peyer's patches...
- VEGF-C-induced lymphangiogenesis in sentinel lymph nodes promotes tumor metastasis to distant sitesSatoshi Hirakawa
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Department of Immunobiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA
Blood 109:1010-7. 2007The mechanisms by which tumors metastasize to sentinel and distant lymph nodes, and beyond, are poorly understood...
- B cells acquire particulate antigen in a macrophage-rich area at the boundary between the follicle and the subcapsular sinus of the lymph nodeYolanda R Carrasco
Lymphocyte Interaction Laboratory, Cancer Research United Kingdom London Research Institute, Lincoln s Inn Fields Laboratories, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, United Kingdom
Immunity 27:160-71. 2007..These observations not only provide evidence of a B cell role as antigen transporters into the follicle, but also highlight the boundary between the follicle and the SCS as a site for initiation of B cell responses...
- Salmonella typhimurium persists within macrophages in the mesenteric lymph nodes of chronically infected Nramp1+/+ mice and can be reactivated by IFNgamma neutralizationDenise M Monack
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Exp Med 199:231-41. 2004..Here, we show that S. typhimurium can persist for as long as 1 yr in the mesenteric lymph nodes (MLNs) of 129sv Nramp1(+)(/)(+) (Slc11a1(+)(/)(+)) mice despite the presence of high levels of anti-S...
- CD207+ CD103+ dermal dendritic cells cross-present keratinocyte-derived antigens irrespective of the presence of Langerhans cellsSandrine Henri
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, Case 906, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Exp Med 207:189-206. 2010..that the dermis contains five distinct DC subsets and identified their migratory counterparts in draining lymph nodes. Based on this refined classification, we demonstrated that the quantitatively minor CD207+ CD103+ DDC subset ..
- Conduits mediate transport of low-molecular-weight antigen to lymph node folliclesRamon Roozendaal
Departments of Pediatrics and Pathology, Immune Disease Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Immunity 30:264-76. 2009To track drainage of lymph-borne small and large antigens (Ags) into the peripheral lymph nodes and subsequent encounter by B cells and follicular dendritic cells, we used the approach of multiphoton intravital microscopy...
- Tumor-induced sentinel lymph node lymphangiogenesis and increased lymph flow precede melanoma metastasisMaria I Harrell
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington, 1100 Fairview Ave N, MS C2 023, P O Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Am J Pathol 170:774-86. 2007..using B16-F10 melanoma cells implanted in syngeneic C57Bl/6 mice, which form tumors metastasizing to draining lymph nodes and subsequently to the lungs...
- Epidermal viral immunity induced by CD8alpha+ dendritic cells but not by Langerhans cellsRhys S Allan
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Science 301:1925-8. 2003..After an encounter with foreign agents, Langerhans cells are thought to migrate to draining lymph nodes, where they initiate T cell priming...
- Lymph node fibroblastic reticular cells directly present peripheral tissue antigen under steady-state and inflammatory conditionsAnne L Fletcher
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 207:689-97. 2010..Collectively, these data show that diverse stromal cell types have evolved to constitutively express PTAs, and that exposure to viral products alters the interaction between T cells and LNSCs...
- Mapping pelvic lymph nodes: guidelines for delineation in intensity-modulated radiotherapyAlexandra Taylor
Department of Radiotherapy, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:1604-12. 2005To establish guidelines for delineating the clinical target volume for pelvic nodal irradiation by mapping the location of lymph nodes in relation to the pelvic anatomy.
- Overlapping roles of CXCL13, interleukin 7 receptor alpha, and CCR7 ligands in lymph node developmentSanjiv A Luther
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California San Francisco, 94143, USA
J Exp Med 197:1191-8. 2003..established an important role for CXCL13 (BLC) in the development of Peyer's patches (PP) and some peripheral lymph nodes (LNs), but the chemokine requirements for several LN types, including mesenteric LNs, remain undefined...
- Impaired monocyte migration and reduced type 1 (Th1) cytokine responses in C-C chemokine receptor 2 knockout miceL Boring
Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, University of California, San Francisco 94141 9100, USA
J Clin Invest 100:2552-61. 1997..decrease in granuloma size accompanied by a dramatic decrease in the level of interferon gamma in the draining lymph nodes. Production of interferon gamma was also decreased in PPD-sensitized splenocytes from CCR2-/- mice and in naive ..
- Histological analysis of CD11c-DTR/GFP mice after in vivo depletion of dendritic cellsH C Probst
Institute of Experimental Immunology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Clin Exp Immunol 141:398-404. 2005..time points after diphtheria toxin injection and confirmed the transient depletion of CD11c+ cells from lymph nodes and spleen...
- Micrometastases or isolated tumor cells and the outcome of breast cancerMaaike de Boer
Division of Medical Oncology, Maastricht University Medical Center, Maastricht, The Netherlands
N Engl J Med 361:653-63. 2009The association of isolated tumor cells and micrometastases in regional lymph nodes with the clinical outcome of breast cancer is unclear.
- CCR7 is involved in the migration of neutrophils to lymph nodesCeline Beauvillain
INSERM Unité 892, Centre de Recherche en Cancérologie Nantes Angers, 4 rue Larrey, Angers, France
Blood 117:1196-204. 2011..that neutrophils may participate in the regulation of adaptive immune responses, and can reach draining lymph nodes and cross-prime naive T cells...
- Regulation of peripheral lymph node genesis by the tumor necrosis factor family member TRANCED Kim
Laboratory of Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Exp Med 192:1467-78. 2000..Thus, we propose that both TRANCE and LTalphabeta regulate the colonization and cluster formation by CD45(+) CD4(+)CD3(-) cells in developing LNs, the degree of which appears to correlate with the state of LN organogenesis...
- Deregulated T cell activation and autoimmunity in mice lacking interleukin-2 receptor betaH Suzuki
Amgen Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Science 268:1472-6. 1995..Thus, IL-2R beta is required to keep the activation programs of T cells under control, to maintain homeostasis, and to prevent autoimmunity...
- Prognostic relevance of lymph node ratio following pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic cancerTimothy M Pawlik
Department of Surgery, The Sol Goldman Pancreatic Cancer Research Center, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 22187 6681, USA
Surgery 141:610-8. 2007..Few studies have investigated the ratio of the number of lymph nodes harboring metastatic cancer to the total number of lymph nodes examined (lymph node ratio [LNR]) with regard to ..
- IL-17 plays an important role in the development of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisYutaka Komiyama
Center for Experimental Medicine, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Immunol 177:566-73. 2006..These observations indicate that IL-17 rather than IFN-gamma plays a crucial role in the development of EAE...
- Regulation of lymph node vascular growth by dendritic cellsBrian Webster
Autoimmunity and Inflammation Program, Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 203:1903-13. 2006b>Lymph nodes grow rapidly and robustly at the initiation of an immune response, and this growth is accompanied by growth of the blood vessels...
- Expression of IFN-gamma, TNF-alpha, IL-10 and TGF-beta in lymph nodes associates with parasite load and clinical form of disease in dogs naturally infected with Leishmania (Leishmania) chagasiCintia F Alves
Departamento de Parasitologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 128:349-58. 2009..work is first to report the profile of cytokines and parasite burdens, as determined by real-time PCR, in the lymph nodes of dogs naturally infected with Leishmania chagasi...
- Generation and analysis of interleukin-4 deficient miceR Kuhn
Institute for Genetics, University of Cologne, Germany
Science 254:707-10. 1991..Thus, some but not all of the in vitro properties of IL-4 are critical for the physiology of the immune system in vivo...
- Toward optimization of imaging system and lymphatic tracer for near-infrared fluorescent sentinel lymph node mapping in breast cancerJ Sven D Mieog
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 18:2483-91. 2011..Near-infrared (NIR) fluorescent sentinel lymph node (SLN) mapping in breast cancer requires optimized imaging systems and lymphatic tracers...
- Dendritic cells control lymphocyte entry to lymph nodes through high endothelial venulesChristine Moussion
CNRS, Institut de Pharmacologie et de Biologie Structurale, 205 route de Narbonne, F 31077 Toulouse, France
Nature 479:542-6. 2011..the body in search of foreign antigens, naive lymphocytes continuously circulate from the blood, through the lymph nodes, into the lymphatic vessels and back to the blood...
- Stromal cell contributions to the homeostasis and functionality of the immune systemScott N Mueller
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3010 Victoria, Australia
Nat Rev Immunol 9:618-29. 2009..movement of many of its constituent cells through the secondary lymphoid tissues, mainly the spleen and lymph nodes, where crucial interactions that underlie homeostatic regulation, peripheral tolerance and the effective ..
- Mast cell-derived tumor necrosis factor induces hypertrophy of draining lymph nodes during infectionJames B McLachlan
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Nat Immunol 4:1199-205. 2003Palpable swelling of regional lymph nodes is a common sequela of microbial infections but the mechanism responsible for the sequestration and subsequent coordination of lymphocyte responses within these dynamic structures remains poorly ..
- A nomogram for predicting the likelihood of additional nodal metastases in breast cancer patients with a positive sentinel node biopsyKimberly J Van Zee
Departments of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 10:1140-51. 2003..Accurate estimates of the likelihood of additional disease in the axilla could assist greatly in decision-making regarding further treatment...
- Randomized, double-blind comparison of indocyanine green with or without albumin premixing for near-infrared fluorescence imaging of sentinel lymph nodes in breast cancer patientsMerlijn Hutteman
Department of Surgery, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 127:163-70. 2011..With these optimized parameters that eliminate the necessity of HSA, larger trials can now be performed to determine patient benefit...
- In vivo targeting of dendritic cells in lymph nodes with poly(propylene sulfide) nanoparticlesSai T Reddy
Institute of Bioengineering, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne EPFL CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Control Release 112:26-34. 2006..and 100nm diameter poly(ethylene glycol)-stabilized poly(propylene sulfide) (PPS) nanoparticles to DCs in the lymph nodes. These nanoparticles consist of a cross-linked rubbery core of PPS surrounded by a hydrophilic corona of poly(..
- Vascular endothelial cell growth factor receptor 3-mediated activation of lymphatic endothelium is crucial for tumor cell entry and spread via lymphatic vesselsYulong He
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Res 65:4739-46. 2005..lymph node metastasis were significantly inhibited by VEGFR-3-Ig, some tumor cells were still detected in the lymph nodes in some of the treated mice...
- The FLARE intraoperative near-infrared fluorescence imaging system: a first-in-human clinical trial in breast cancer sentinel lymph node mappingSusan L Troyan
Breast Care Center, Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2943-52. 2009..The FLARE imaging system overcomes this major obstacle...
- Efficient targeting of protein antigen to the dendritic cell receptor DEC-205 in the steady state leads to antigen presentation on major histocompatibility complex class I products and peripheral CD8+ T cell toleranceLaura Bonifaz
Laboratory of Cellular Physiology and Immunology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Exp Med 196:1627-38. 2002..was injected subcutaneously, OVA protein was identified over a 4-48 h period in DCs, primarily in the lymph nodes draining the injection site...
- Economic analysis of targeting chemotherapy using a 21-gene RT-PCR assay in lymph-node-negative, estrogen-receptor-positive, early-stage breast cancerJohn Hornberger
The SPHERE Institute Acumen, LLC, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA
Am J Manag Care 11:313-24. 2005....
- Association of T-zone reticular networks and conduits with ectopic lymphoid tissues in mice and humansAlexander Link
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 178:1662-75. 2011..Similar to lymph nodes, TRCs were present throughout T-cell-rich areas and had dendritic cells associated with them...
- Foxp3+ T cells induce perforin-dependent dendritic cell death in tumor-draining lymph nodesAlexandre Boissonnas
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U932, Immunité et Cancer, Institut Curie, F 75245 Paris Cedex 05, France
Immunity 32:266-78. 2010..In tumor-draining lymph nodes, Foxp3(+) T cell neutralization induced a marked arrest in the migration of OTI T cells, increased numbers of ..
- Flow cytometry can diagnose classical hodgkin lymphoma in lymph nodes with high sensitivity and specificityJonathan R Fromm
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 131:322-32. 2009..has been made in tissue sections as attempts to identify neoplastic Hodgkin and Reed Sternberg (HRS) cells in lymph nodes by flow cytometry (FC) have been unsuccessful...
- Magnetovaccination as a novel method to assess and quantify dendritic cell tumor antigen capture and delivery to lymph nodesChristopher M Long
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 69:3180-7. 2009..is the number of activated antigen-presenting cells (APC) that capture antigen and migrate to draining lymph nodes (LN)...
- Limited amounts of dendritic cells migrate into the T-cell area of lymph nodes but have high immune activating potential in melanoma patientsPauline Verdijk
Department of Tumor Immunology, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Science, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Clin Cancer Res 15:2531-40. 2009..The success of immunotherapy with dendritic cells (DC) to treat cancer is dependent on effective migration to the lymph nodes and subsequent activation of antigen-specific T cells...
- Identification and purification of classical Hodgkin cells from lymph nodes by flow cytometry and flow cytometric cell sortingJonathan R Fromm
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, WA 98195, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 126:764-80. 2006..Among 27 lymph nodes involved by CHL, FC enabled HRS cells to be identified in 89%, whereas none of 29 non-CHL neoplasms or 23 ..
- Skin-draining lymph nodes contain dermis-derived CD103(-) dendritic cells that constitutively produce retinoic acid and induce Foxp3(+) regulatory T cellsMartin Guilliams
Centre d immunologie de Marseille Luminy, Universite de la Mediterranee, Marseille, France
Blood 115:1958-68. 2010..DC subtype and can be readily found in the skin and in the lungs as well as in their corresponding draining lymph nodes. The RA-producing skin-derived DCs were capable of triggering the generation of regulatory T cells, a finding ..
- Tumor masses support naive T cell infiltration, activation, and differentiation into effectorsElizabeth D Thompson
Department of Microbiology and Carter Immunology Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Exp Med 207:1791-804. 2010..Thus, targeting of T cell activation to tumors may present a tool in the development of cancer immunotherapy...
- Tumor-mediated liver X receptor-alpha activation inhibits CC chemokine receptor-7 expression on dendritic cells and dampens antitumor responsesEduardo J Villablanca
Cancer Gene Therapy Unit, Program of Immunology and Bio Immuno Gene Therapy of Cancer, Division of Molecular Oncology, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Nat Med 16:98-105. 2010..2B1b (SULT2B1b) successfully controlled tumor growth by regaining DC migration to tumor-draining lymph nodes and by developing overt inflammation within tumors...
- Axillary lymph node ratio and total number of removed lymph nodes: predictors of survival in stage I and II breast cancerB C H van der Wal
Department of Surgery, St Lucas Andreas Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 28:481-9. 2002..This study investigated whether the total number of removed lymph nodes and the ratio of invaded/removed lymph nodes (lymph node ratio (LNR) would prove to be independent prognostic ..
- Lymph node stromal cells support dendritic cell-induced gut-homing of T cellsRosalie Molenaar
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology, VU Vrije Universiteit University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 183:6395-402. 2009T cells are imprinted to express tissue-specific homing receptors upon activation in tissue-draining lymph nodes, resulting in their migration to the site of Ag entry...
- The lymph node ratio as prognostic factor in node-positive breast cancerMia Voordeckers
Department of Radiotherapy, Academic Hospital V U B, Laarbeeklaan 101, Brussels, Belgium
Radiother Oncol 70:225-30. 2004The clinical records of the node-positive breast cancer patients treated at our department were reviewed, to evaluate if there is a correlation between the ratio of involved axillary lymph nodes and the overall and cause specific survival.
- HIV-1 envelope protein gp120 is present at high concentrations in secondary lymphoid organs of individuals with chronic HIV-1 infectionMichael Santosuosso
Partners AIDS Research Center and Infectious Diseases Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital East, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
J Infect Dis 200:1050-3. 2009..We found that gp120 was present in high concentrations (>300 pg/mL) in the spleen and lymph nodes of some of these individuals...
- Endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspiration for staging of lung cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisPing Gu
Respiratory Department, Shanghai Chest Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, No 214, West Huaihai Road, Shanghai 200030, PR China
Eur J Cancer 45:1389-96. 2009..have emerged as potential alternatives for staging with tissue confirmation of suspected metastatic mediastinal lymph nodes in lung cancer...
- Respiratory syncytial virus-induced activation and migration of respiratory dendritic cells and subsequent antigen presentation in the lung-draining lymph nodeMichael V Lukens
Department of Pediatrics, the Wilhelmina Children s Hospital, University Medical Center, Utrecht, The Netherlands
J Virol 83:7235-43. 2009..We also tracked the migration of respiratory DC to the lymph nodes and studied antigen presentation by lung-derived and lymph node-resident DC to CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells...
- Endoscopic ultrasound elastography for evaluation of lymph nodes and pancreatic masses: a multicenter studyMarc Giovannini
Endoscopy Unit, Paoli Calmettes Institute, Marseille, France
World J Gastroenterol 15:1587-93. 2009To evaluate the ability of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) elastography to distinguish benign from malignant pancreatic masses and lymph nodes.
- Characteristics of asbestos concentration in lung as compared to asbestos concentration in various levels of lymph nodes that collect drainage from the lungRonald F Dodson
Dodson Environmental Consulting, Inc and ERI Analytical, Tyler, Texas, USA
Ultrastruct Pathol 31:95-133. 2007Inhaled dust particulates are able to relocate to the extrapulmonary compartments, particularly the lymph nodes that drain the lung...
- Endobronchial and endoscopic ultrasound-guided real-time fine-needle aspiration for mediastinal stagingR C Rintoul
Repiratory Medicine Unit, Royan Infirmary of Edinburgh, UK
Eur Respir J 25:416-21. 2005..selected by CT scanning, a linear-array ultrasound bronchoscope was used to visualise paratracheal and hilar lymph nodes, and TBNA was performed under direct ultrasonic control...
- Lateral cervical lymph node metastases from papillary thyroid carcinoma: pattern of nodal metastases and optimal strategy for neck dissectionJong Lyel Roh
Department of Otolaryngology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1, Pungnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul, 138 736, Republic of Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1177-82. 2008..The present study evaluated the pattern of central and lateral cervical metastases from PTC with respect to recently defined neck sublevels and subsites...
- Preoperative staging of pelvic lymph nodes in prostate cancer by 11C-choline PETIgle J de Jong
Department of Urology and PET Center, Groningen University Hospital, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Nucl Med 44:331-5. 2003Prostate cancer is known for its difficulties in preoperative staging of pelvic lymph nodes by conventional imaging techniques...
- Neck dissection classification update: revisions proposed by the American Head and Neck Society and the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck SurgeryK Thomas Robbins
Department of Otolaryngology, University of Florida, PO Box 100264, Gainesville, FL 32610 0264, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:751-8. 2002
- Histological verification of 11C-choline-positron emission/computed tomography-positive lymph nodes in patients with biochemical failure after treatment for localized prostate cancerDavid Schilling
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Tubingen, Germany
BJU Int 102:446-51. 2008..To evaluate the potential of (11)C-choline-positron emission tomography (PET)/computed tomography (CT) for planning surgery in patients with prostate cancer and prostate-specific antigen (PSA) relapse after treatment with curative intent...
- Antigen persistence and the control of local T cell memory by migrant respiratory dendritic cells after acute virus infectionTaeg S Kim
Beirne B Carter Center for Immunology Research, Department of Microbiology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Exp Med 207:1161-72. 2010..Recent evidence suggests that there may be depots of viral antigen that persist in draining lymph nodes (DLNs) after virus clearance and could, therefore, affect the adaptive immune response and memory T cell ..
- Assessment of epidermal growth factor receptor mutation by endobronchial ultrasound-guided transbronchial needle aspirationTakahiro Nakajima
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Chest 132:597-602. 2007..EBUS-TBNA enables the sampling of histologic cores, which can be used for genetic analysis...
- NK cell and DC interactionsMegan A Cooper
The James Cancer Hospital and The Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, 458A Starling Loving Hall, 320 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Trends Immunol 25:47-52. 2004..We propose evidence for at least two potential locations of in vivo interactions for human NK cells and DCs, including sites of inflammation and lymph nodes.
- Non-macrophage-tropic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 R5 envelopes predominate in blood, lymph nodes, and semen: implications for transmission and pathogenesisPaul J Peters
Center for AIDS Research, Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 373 Plantation St, Biotech II Suite 315, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
J Virol 80:6324-32. 2006..The extensive variation in R5 tropism reported here is likely to have an important impact on pathogenesis and on the capacity of HIV-1 to transmit...
- Lymph node recoveries from 2427 pT3 colorectal resection specimens spanning 45 years: recommendations for a minimum number of recovered lymph nodes based on predictive probabilitiesNeal S Goldstein
Department of Anatomic Pathology, William Beaumont Hospital, 3601 West Thirteen Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48073, U S A
Am J Surg Pathol 26:179-89. 2002This study investigates the relationship between the number of recovered lymph nodes and lymph node metastases in colorectal resection specimens...
- Lymph node ratio: role in the staging of node-positive colon cancerJiping Wang
Department of Surgery, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 15:1600-8. 2008Recent literature has shown that lymph node ratio (LNR) is superior to the number of positive lymph nodes (pLNs) in predicting the prognosis in several malignances other than colon cancer...
- Persistence of HIV-1 structural proteins and glycoproteins in lymph nodes of patients under highly active antiretroviral therapyMikulas Popovic
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:14807-12. 2005..we report a long-term persistence of HIV-1 structural proteins and glycoproteins in germinal centers (GCs) of lymph nodes (LNs) in the absence of detectable virus replication in patients under highly active antiretroviral therapy (..
- Alteration of lymphocyte trafficking by sphingosine-1-phosphate receptor agonistsSuzanne Mandala
Department of Immunology and Rheumatology, Merck Research Laboratories, Post Office Box 2000, Rahway, NJ 07065, USA
Science 296:346-9. 2002..These agonists produce lymphopenia in blood and thoracic duct lymph by sequestration of lymphocytes in lymph nodes, but not spleen...
- Cloned genomic DNA of type 2 porcine circovirus is infectious when injected directly into the liver and lymph nodes of pigs: characterization of clinical disease, virus distribution, and pathologic lesionsM Fenaux
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Pathobiology, Center for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Diseases, College of Veterinary Medicine, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, Virginia 24061 0342, USA
J Virol 76:541-51. 2002..200 microg of the cloned PCV2 plasmid DNA, and pigs in group 4 were each injected into the superficial iliac lymph nodes with 200 microg of the cloned PCV2 plasmid DNA...
- Value of diffusion-weighted MR imaging in the differentiation between benign and malignant cervical lymph nodesKonstantin Holzapfel
Department of Radiology, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich, Ismaninger Str 22, D 81675 Munich, Germany
Eur J Radiol 72:381-7. 2009To evaluate echo-planar diffusion-weighted MR imaging (DWI) in the differentiation between benign and malignant cervical lymph nodes.
- Leukocytes infiltrate the skin and draining lymph nodes in response to the protozoan Leishmania infantum chagasiColin J Thalhofer
Interdisciplinary Immunology Program, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Infect Immun 79:108-17. 2011..Macrophages and NK cells next infiltrated the dermis, and NK followed by B cells expanded in draining lymph nodes. Parasite-containing phagocytes were tracked with fluorescent mCherry-labeled L. infantum chagasi...
- Ratio between positive lymph nodes and total excised axillary lymph nodes as an independent prognostic factor for overall survival in patients with nonmetastatic lymph node-positive breast cancerHassan A Hatoum
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, American University of Beirut Medical Center, Beirut, Lebanon
Ann Surg Oncol 16:3388-95. 2009The status of the axillary lymph nodes in nonmetastatic lymph node-positive breast cancer (BC) patients remains the single most important determinant of overall survival (OS)...
- Identification of regulatory Foxp3+ invariant NKT cells induced by TGF-betaMarta Monteiro
Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal
J Immunol 185:2157-63. 2010..We found that this protection was associated with the emergence of a Foxp3(+) iNKT cell population in cervical lymph nodes. We demonstrate that the differentiation of these cells is critically dependent on TGF-beta in both mice and ..
- Plasmacytoid dendritic cells accumulate and secrete interferon alpha in lymph nodes of HIV-1 patientsClara Lehmann
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e11110. 2010..Here we show an accumulation of pDC in lymph nodes (LN) of treatment-naïve HIV-1 patients...
- Dual-time-point F-18 FDG PET/CT for evaluation of intrathoracic lymph nodes in patients with non-small cell lung cancerTakayoshi Shinya
PET RI center, Okayama Kyokuto Hospital, Okayama, Japan
Clin Nucl Med 34:216-21. 2009....
- An evaluation of the relationship between lymph node number and staging in pT3 colon cancer using population-based dataNancy N Baxter
Department of Surgery and Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dis Colon Rectum 53:65-70. 2010The number of lymph nodes examined has been proposed as a quality benchmark for colon cancer surgery, although it is unknown whether this strategy reduces understaging.
- Induction of lymphoidlike stroma and immune escape by tumors that express the chemokine CCL21Jacqueline D Shields
Institute of Bioengineering, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Science 328:749-52. 2010..We suggest that by altering the tumor microenvironment, CCL21-secreting tumors shift the host immune response from immunogenic to tolerogenic, which facilitates tumor progression...
- Dendritic Cells in the Breaking of Peripheral Tolerance in Type 1 DiabetesJONATHAN DAVID contact KATZ; Fiscal Year: 2010..fact, numerous studies have shown that DC that capture antigen from apoptotic cells migrate to local lymph nodes, where they induce T cell tolerance, anergy or deletion...
- Use of Substance P antagonists to regulate the skin immune functionAdriana T Larregina; Fiscal Year: 2010..sDCs) including epidermal Langerhans cells (LCs) and dermal DCs (DDCs) that transport haptens to skin draining lymph nodes (sDLNs) and activate naive T cells...
- Specific Contribution of a New IG Isotype (IGT) in Teleost Fish Immune ResponsesJ Oriol Sunyer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Since fish lack peyer patches and lymph nodes in the gut, a lower spatial and functional complexity of the local mucosal responses should be expected, ..
- Regulation of Organized Intestinal Lymphoid Tissues by TRANCE/RANKLIfor R Williams; Fiscal Year: 2010..and TNFSF11), a member of the TNF superfamily previously shown to have obligatory roles in the development of lymph nodes, the differentiation of medullary thymic epithelial cells, the differentiation of osteoclasts, and mammary ..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR MECHANISMS FOR MUCOSAL IMMUNITYKohtaro Fujihashi; Fiscal Year: 2005..lymphotoxin-beta receptor (LTbR)-Ig do not develop Peyer's patches ; however, these mice exhibit mesenteric lymph nodes which drain the small intestine...
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR MECHANISMS FOR MUCOSAL IMMUNITYJERRY MCGHEE; Fiscal Year: 2002..lymphotoxin-beta receptor (LTbR)-Ig do not develop Peyer's patches ; however, these mice exhibit mesenteric lymph nodes which drain the small intestine...
- TNF family members for lymph angiogenesis and lymph node hypertrophyYang Xin Fu; Fiscal Year: 2010..vessels (LV) and high endothelial venules (HEV) in peripheral tissues leads to hypertrophy of draining lymph nodes (LN) during inflammation/vaccination, but the molecular mechanism regulating LN hypertrophy is poorly ..
- Alphavirus Replicons for Mucosal HIV VaccinesMichael Vajdy; Fiscal Year: 2002..there is evidence for presence of SIV-specific CTL activity in the vaginal mucosa as well as in the draining lymph nodes of rhesus macaques inoculated intra-vaginally with SIV...
- Sulfotransferases in the Synthesis of L-Selectin LigandsSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2007Lymphocytes home from the blood into lymph nodes during the process of lymphocyte recirculation. Homing is initiated by the rolling of lymphocytes on high endothelial venules (HEVs) within the lymph node...
- Sulfotransferases in the Synthesis of L-Selectin LigandsSteven D Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2010Lymphocytes home from the blood into lymph nodes during the process of lymphocyte recirculation. Homing is initiated by the rolling of lymphocytes on high endothelial venules (HEVs) within the lymph node...
- Sulfotransferases in the Synthesis of L-Selectin LigandsSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2009Lymphocytes home from the blood into lymph nodes during the process of lymphocyte recirculation. Homing is initiated by the rolling of lymphocytes on high endothelial venules (HEVs) within the lymph node...
- Methamphetamine, Stress and SIV: Effects at Blood-Brain Barrier and Lymph NodesJohn Capitanio; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, given our demonstrated effects of stress on viral replication in lymph nodes, and the additional effects we anticipate seeing due to the sympathomimetic properties of methamphetamine, we ..
- Does UV-induced Unconventional Mast Cell Migration Activate Immune Suppression?Stephen E Ullrich; Fiscal Year: 2010..observed that UV radiation activates mast cell migration from the site of inflammation (skin) to the draining lymph nodes. When this "reverse mast cell migration" was inhibited by blocking CXCR4 binding to its ligand CXCL12, an ..
- CLINICAL TRANSLATION OF 19F MRI TO VISUALIZE CANCER IMMUNOTHERAPEUTIC CELLSERIC AHRENS; Fiscal Year: 2009..and other cancer types uses dendritic cells (DCs) as live vaccines that deliver tumor-specific antigens to the lymph nodes thereby inducing endogenous killer T cells (i.e., cytotoxic T cells or CTLs) in patients...
- MELANOMA VACCINES USING MHC-ASSOCIATED PEPTIDESCRAIG LEE SLINGLUFF; Fiscal Year: 2010..an inflammatory stimulus, which in turn induces epidermal Langerhans cells to mature and to migrate to draining lymph nodes. However, repeat vaccination with melanoma peptides in adjuvant is associated with dramatic chronic local ..
- MELANOMA VACCINES USING MHC-ASSOCIATED PEPTIDESCraig Slingluff; Fiscal Year: 2009..an inflammatory stimulus, which in turn induces epidermal Langerhans cells to mature and to migrate to draining lymph nodes. However, repeat vaccination with melanoma peptides in adjuvant is associated with dramatic chronic local ..
- T cell regulation by IDO-competent plasmacytoid dendritic cellsAndrew Mellor; Fiscal Year: 2009..T cell responses to tumor and pathogen antigens encountered in these tissues and in associated draining lymph nodes. However, the underlying mechanisms that create and maintain local suppression in inflamed tissues are not well ..
- Human Beta-Defensin-1 in HSV-1 Innate ImmunityLisa Ryan; Fiscal Year: 2007..a role in induction of Th1 immunity against influenza and HSV-1 and are recruited in mouse infection models to lymph nodes to stimulate antiviral cytotoxic T-cells...
- LCDIO FOR LYMPH NODE MR IMAGINGRalph Weissleder; Fiscal Year: 2001..based iron oxide (LCDIO) contrast agents for the assessment of active tumor growth in local and regional lymph nodes during cancer spread...
- The lymph node microenvionment in tumor metastasisJudith A Varner; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Lymph nodes are the initial sites of metastasis for most solid tumors, including breast carcinoma and melanoma...
- Coexpression of EGFRvlll/ErbB2 in Human Breast CancerCareen Tang; Fiscal Year: 2005..Even more striking was that 100 percent (4/4) of ErbB-2 positive metastatic lymph nodes co-overexpressed EGFRvIII...
- CELL SURFACE LECTINS AND INTERCELLULAR ADHESIONSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2009Lymphocytes "home" from the blood into lymph nodes as part of the process of lymphocyte recirculation. This homing process has multiple steps consisting of a sequence of adhesive and signaling interactions...
- The lymph node microenvionment in tumor metastasisJudith Varner; Fiscal Year: 2009b>Lymph nodes are the initial sites of metastasis for most solid tumors, including breast carcinoma and melanoma...
- CELL SURFACE LECTINS AND INTERCELLULAR ADHESIONSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2006Lymphocytes "home" from the blood into lymph nodes as part of the process of lymphocyte recirculation. This homing process has multiple steps consisting of a sequence of adhesive and signaling interactions...
- CELL SURFACE LECTINS AND INTERCELLULAR ADHESIONSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2007Lymphocytes "home" from the blood into lymph nodes as part of the process of lymphocyte recirculation. This homing process has multiple steps consisting of a sequence of adhesive and signaling interactions...
- Dectection of occult mediastinal lymph node mestastasesMichael Wallace; Fiscal Year: 2007..The presence of metastatic disease in the mediastinal lymph nodes of NSCLC patients has profound prognostic and therapeutic implications...
- Methamphetamine, Stress and SIV: Effects at Blood-Brain Barrier and Lymph NodesJohn Capitanio; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, given our demonstrated effects of stress on viral replication in lymph nodes, and the additional effects we anticipate seeing due to the sympathomimetic properties of methamphetamine, we ..
- Molecular & Genetic Determinants of Outcome in Breast CancerAngela DeMichele; Fiscal Year: 2007..S. annually. Approximately 1/3 of these cases comprise women with disease limited to the breast and axillary lymph nodes. In these patients, aggressive multi-modality treatment can be curative in just over 50% of cases...