Genomes and Genes
Summary: Single layer of large flattened cells covering the surface of the cornea.
Publications321 found, 100 shown here
- Descemet's stripping with endothelial keratoplasty in 200 eyes: Early challenges and techniques to enhance donor adherenceFrancis W Price
Price Vision Group, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:411-8. 2006..To describe early challenges and techniques to promote donor tissue adherence in Descemet's stripping with endothelial keratoplasty (DSEK)...
- Amniotic membrane as a carrier for cultivated human corneal endothelial cell transplantationYutaka Ishino
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:800-6. 2004..To achieve this, a matrix that can serve as a carrier for cHCECs is needed. The present study was conducted to examine the feasibility of using amniotic membrane (AM) as a carrier for this application...
- Cytokeratins 8 and 18 in adult human corneal endotheliumStanislava Merjava
Laboratory of the Biology and Pathology of the Eye, Institute of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, General Teaching Hospital and First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Exp Eye Res 89:426-31. 2009..cytokeratins (CKs) 8 and 18--typical epithelial cell markers--are constitutively expressed in adult human corneal endothelium. Cryosections, paraffin-embedded sections and corneal endothelial imprints obtained from eleven adult human ..
- Expression of senescence-related genes in human corneal endothelial cellsZhenhua Song
State Key Lab Cultivation Base, Shandong Provincial Key Lab of Ophthalmology, Shandong Eye Institute, Qingdao, China
Mol Vis 14:161-70. 2008..To investigate the expression of p16(INK4a), p21(WAF1/CIP1), p27(KIP1), and p53 in human corneal endothelial cell (HCEC) senescence ex vivo at various donor ages...
- Comparison of posterior lamellar keratoplasty techniques to penetrating keratoplastyIrit Bahar
Department of Ophthalmology, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Ophthalmology 115:1525-33. 2008....
- An update on corneal hydration controlJorge Fischbarg
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Exp Eye Res 78:537-41. 2004..Emphasis is given to issues that are contentious, such as the role of bicarbonate in the endothelial pump and the significance of water channels in both corneal limiting cell layers...
- Proliferative capacity of the corneal endotheliumNancy C Joyce
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Prog Retin Eye Res 22:359-89. 2003b>Corneal endothelium is the single layer of cells forming a boundary between the corneal stroma and anterior chamber...
- Corneal endothelial cytotoxicity of riboflavin/UVA treatment in vitroGregor Wollensak
Department of Ophthalmology, Technical University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Ophthalmic Res 35:324-8. 2003..study was performed to evaluate possible cytotoxic effects of combined riboflavin/UVA treatment on the corneal endothelium in vitro...
- The resiliency of the corneal endothelium to refractive and intraocular surgeryH F Edelhauser
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cornea 19:263-73. 2000..To describe stress factors (phenylephrine and contact lenses) from the corneal epithelium that can affect the corneal endothelium, and to describe the effects of refractive and intraocular surgery on the corneal endothelial structure and ..
- Bioengineered human corneal endothelium for transplantationJui Yang Lai
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Arch Ophthalmol 124:1441-8. 2006..To investigate whether the bioengineered human corneal endothelial cell (HCEC) monolayers harvested from thermoresponsive culture supports could be used as biological tissue equivalents...
- VIP and VIP gene silencing modulation of differentiation marker N-cadherin and cell shape of corneal endothelium in human corneas ex vivoShay Whey M Koh
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3491-8. 2008..This study demonstrated the role of CE cell VIP in maintaining the expression level of a CE differentiation marker, N-cadherin, and the hexagonal cell shape...
- Effect of three different media on serum free culture of donor corneas and isolated human corneal endothelial cellsJ Bednarz
Universitäts Augenklinik Eppendorf, Martinistrasse 52, D 20246 Hamburg, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 85:1416-20. 2001..Two specific endothelial cell media (F99 and Endothelial-SFM) were compared with the routinely used medium MEM for their use in serum free cultivation of human corneal endothelial cells (HCEC) and donor corneas...
- Development of a reconstructed cornea from collagen-chondroitin sulfate foams and human cell culturesN Engin Vrana
METU, BIOMAT, Department of Biological Sciences, Biotechnology Research Unit, Ankara, Turkey
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:5325-31. 2008....
- Formation and disassembly of adherens and tight junctions in the corneal endothelium: regulation by actomyosin contractionCharanya Ramachandran
School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:2139-48. 2010..However, these data on reassembly show that a contractile tone of the PAMR is essential for assembly of the apical junctional complex...
- Biology of the corneal endothelium in health and diseaseW M Bourne
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Eye (Lond) 17:912-8. 2003
- Identity and regulation of ion transport mechanisms in the corneal endotheliumJoseph A Bonanno
Indiana University, School of Optometry, 800 E Atwater Ave, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Prog Retin Eye Res 22:69-94. 2003..Interestingly, recent studies show that multiple autocrine signaling pathways are in place that could be upregulated during physical stimulation and may be responsible for maintaining basal levels of fluid secretion...
- Characterization and comparison of intercellular adherent junctions expressed by human corneal endothelial cells in vivo and in vitroYing Ting Zhu
Tissue Tech, Inc, Ocular Surface Center, and Ocular Surface Research and Education Foundation, Miami, Florida, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:3879-86. 2008..The authors sought to characterize adherent junction components of in vivo HCECs and to compare their gene expression and their proliferative potential with those of in vitro counterparts...
- Molecular evidence of senescence in corneal endothelial cells of senescence-accelerated miceXuan Xiao
Department of Ophthalmology, Renmin Hospital of Wuhan University, China
Mol Vis 15:747-61. 2009..To investigate senescent evidence in corneal endothelial cells (CECs) of the senescence-accelerated mouse (SAM), which is considered a suitable animal model for the further study of the senescent mechanism in CECs...
- Prospects for endothelial transplantationKatrin Engelmann
University Eye Hospital, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus at the TU Dresden, Fetscherstrasse 74, Dresden 01307, Germany
Exp Eye Res 78:573-8. 2004The human corneal endothelium has a limited proliferative capacity in vivo. Until now it has only been possible to replace damaged endothelium by transplantation of a donor cornea...
- Dynamic regulation of barrier integrity of the corneal endotheliumSangly P Srinivas
PhD School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
Optom Vis Sci 87:E239-54. 2010The corneal endothelium maintains stromal deturgescence, which is a prerequisite for corneal transparency...
- Two clonal cell lines of immortalized human corneal endothelial cells show either differentiated or precursor cell characteristicsMonika Valtink
Tissue Engineering Laboratories, Biotechnology Center, University of Technology, Dresden, Germany
Cells Tissues Organs 187:286-94. 2008..It is concluded that the clonal cell line B4G12 represents an ideal model of differentiated HCEC, while H9C1 may reflect features of developing or transitional HCEC...
- Evidence suggesting the existence of stem cells for the human corneal endotheliumDavid R Whikehart
Department of Vision Sciences, Vision Science Research Center, School of Optometry, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Mol Vis 11:816-24. 2005..In addition, these cells might be of value in culturing or as a source for the synthesis of artificial corneas...
- Inhibitory effect of blocking TGF-beta/Smad signal on injury-induced fibrosis of corneal endotheliumTakayoshi Sumioka
Department of Ophthalmology, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Mol Vis 14:2272-81. 2008To understand the role of TGF-beta related signals in the repair of a corneal endothelium defect and also to evaluate the therapeutic effect of Smad7 gene transfer on injury induced fibrosis of the corneal endothelium in rats.
- Relationship among oxidative stress, DNA damage, and proliferative capacity in human corneal endotheliumNancy C Joyce
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2116-22. 2009..To determine whether human corneal endothelial cells (HCECs) exhibit signs of oxidative DNA damage and to test whether oxidative stress affects the proliferative capacity of HCECs...
- Lovastatin inhibits the thrombin-induced loss of barrier integrity in bovine corneal endotheliumMahesh Shivanna
School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 26:1-10. 2010..the apical junctional complex (perijunctional actomyosin ring, PAMR) breaks down the barrier integrity of corneal endothelium. This study has investigated the efficacy of statins, which inhibit activation of RhoA, in opposing the ..
- Cultivation of an immortalized human corneal endothelial cell population and two distinct clonal subpopulations on thermo-responsive carriersThomas Götze
Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden, Max Bergmann Center of Biomaterials, Hohe Strasse 6, 01069, Dresden, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:1575-83. 2008..We sought to study HCEC sheet cultivation on such cell culture carriers under serum-free conditions as the next consequential step in developing methods for generation of corneal endothelial cell transplants...
- ATP-dependent paracrine intercellular communication in cultured bovine corneal endothelial cellsPriya Gomes
Laboratory of Physiology, KULeuven, Campus Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:104-13. 2005..This study was conducted to investigate adenosine-5' triphosphate (ATP)-dependent paracrine IC in the propagation of Ca2+ waves in confluent monolayers of cultured bovine corneal endothelial cells (BCECs)...
- Improvement of human corneal endothelium in culture after prolonged hypothermic storageD Camposampiero
Veneto Eye Bank Foundation, Venezia Mestre, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:745-51. 2003..To evaluate whether the organ culture method for human cornea preservation may be applied to corneas stored for several days at 4 degrees C...
- Proliferative response of corneal endothelial cells from young and older donorsCheng Zhu
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:1743-51. 2004....
- Expression, localization, and functional evaluation of CFTR in bovine corneal endothelial cellsXing Cai Sun
Indiana University School of Optometry, 800 E Atwater Ave, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 282:C673-83. 2002HCO-dependent fluid secretion by the corneal endothelium controls corneal hydration and maintains corneal transparency...
- Effect of laser in situ keratomileusis on the corneal endotheliumPornchai Simaroj
Department of Ophthalmology, Ramathibodi Hospital, Faculty of Medicine, Mahidol University Bangkok, Thailand
J Refract Surg 19:S237-40. 2003To assess the effects of laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) on the corneal endothelium.
- Effects of TGF-beta2 on immune response-related gene expression profiles in the human corneal endotheliumSatoru Yamagami
Department of Corneal Tissue Regeneration, Tokyo University Graduate School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:515-21. 2004To determine the effects of transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta2 on immune-response-related gene expression profiles in the stimulated human corneal endothelium (HCE).
- Prolongation of sheep corneal allograft survival by transfer of the gene encoding ovine IL-12-p40 but not IL-4 to donor corneal endotheliumSonja Klebe
Department of Ophthalmology, Flinders University and Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Immunol 175:2219-26. 2005..These findings have important implications for the development of novel strategies to improve human corneal graft survival...
- A mathematical model of electrolyte and fluid transport across corneal endotheliumJ Fischbarg
Department of Physiology and Cellular Biophysics, Columbia University, New York, USA
J Membr Biol 203:41-56. 2005..In addition, we have used the program to compare predictions of translayer fluid transport by two competing theories, electro-osmosis and local osmosis. Only predictions using electro-osmosis fit all the experimental data...
- Evaluation of the corneal endothelium after hyperopic laser in situ keratomileusisYoshiaki Nawa
Department of Ophthalmology, Nara Medical University, Nara, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:1543-5. 2003..To evaluate corneal endothelial changes after hyperopic laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK) considering overestimation and underestimation of the cell count measurement...
- Ex vivo transfer of Smad7 decreases damage to the corneal endothelium after penetrating keratoplastyToshinari Funaki
Department of Ophthalmology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 52:204-10. 2008....
- Identification and cloning of the Na/HCO(3-) cotransporter (NBC) in human corneal endotheliumXing Cai Sun
School of Optometry, Indiana University, 800 E Atwater Ave Bloomington, IN 47401, USA
Exp Eye Res 77:287-95. 2003Fluid secretion by the corneal endothelium is associated with the net flux of HCO(3)(-) from basolateral (stromal) to apical (anterior chamber) sides of the tissue...
- Corneal endothelium and postoperative outcomes 15 years after penetrating keratoplastySanjay V Patel
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 102:57-65; discussion 65-6. 2004..To determine changes in the central endothelium and thickness of grafted corneas, and the cumulative probability of developing glaucoma, graft rejection, and graft failure 15 years after penetrating keratoplasty...
- Corneal endothelial cell protection during phacoemulsification: low- versus high-molecular-weight sodium hyaluronateKazunori Miyata
Meiwakai Medical Foundation, Miyata Eye Hospital, Miyakonojo, Miyazaki, Japan
J Cataract Refract Surg 28:1557-60. 2002..To compare the efficacy of low- and high-molecular-weight sodium hyaluronate in protecting corneal endothelial cells during phacoemulsification...
- The effect of mitomycin C on corneal endothelium in pterygium surgeryIrit Bahar
Ophthalmology Department, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Ophthalmol 147:447-452.e1. 2009..To evaluate the changes in endothelial cell counts in patients after pterygium surgery with mitomycin C (MMC) 0.02% and to compare them with patients undergoing pterygium excision without MMC...
- Morphological and fluorophotometric analysis of the corneal endothelium after radial keratotomyS H Tseng
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, ROC
Cornea 17:471-5. 1998To evaluate the morphometric and fluorophotometric characteristics of corneal endothelium after an eight-incision radial keratotomy (RK).
- Induction of FGF-2 synthesis by IL-1beta in aqueous humor through P13-kinase and p38 in rabbit corneal endotheliumJong Suk Song
Doheny Eye Institute, Keck School of Medicine of the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:822-9. 2010To determine whether the elevated level of interleukin (IL)-1beta in aqueous humor after transcorneal freezing upregulates FGF-2 synthesis in rabbit corneal endothelium through PI3-kinase and p38 pathways.
- Age-related modifications of the corneal endothelium in adultsAnna M Roszkowska
Department of Surgical Specialities, Ophthalmology Clinic, University of Messina, Messina, Italy
Int Ophthalmol 25:163-6. 2004..To obtain the topographical distribution of the corneal endothelial cell density, in different age ranges...
- Transferrin receptor-mediated gene transfer to the corneal endotheliumP H Tan
Department of Immunology, Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
Transplantation 71:552-60. 2001..transferrin-mediated lipofection is a comparatively efficient nonviral method for delivering genes to the corneal endothelium. Its potential for use in preventing graft rejection is shown by the ability of this system to induce vIL-..
- Role of p27(Kip1) in cAMP- and TGF-beta2-mediated antiproliferation in rabbit corneal endothelial cellsT Y Kim
Doheny Eye Institute, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1415 Sam Pablo Street, DVRC 203, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:3142-9. 2001..Furthermore, cAMP and TGF-beta2 may inhibit the G(1)-to-S transition by blocking phosphorylation of p27(Kip1), which is a prerequisite for nuclear export of the inhibitor molecule for degradation...
- Corneal endothelium in patients with diabetes mellitus: a historical cohort studyRadha Shenoy
Department of Ophthalmology, SQU Hospital, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Al Khoud, Oman
Eur J Ophthalmol 19:369-75. 2009..This study was conducted to associate the status of corneal endothelium to diabetes mellitus (DM) and identify risk factors of compromised corneal endothelium.
- Impact on the corneal endothelium of mitomycin C during photorefractive keratectomyDanny S Roh
Department of Ophthalmology, UPMC Eye and Ear Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, PA, USA
J Refract Surg 25:894-7. 2009This brief review examines both basic science and clinical studies to evaluate the potential impact on the health of the corneal endothelium of mitomycin C (MMC) usage during photorefractive keratectomy (PRK).
- Formation of corneal endothelium is essential for anterior segment development - a transgenic mouse model of anterior segment dysgenesisL W Reneker
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Development 127:533-42. 2000..and lens, neuroectoderm (posterior iris and ciliary body) and cranial neural crest (corneal stroma, corneal endothelium and anterior iris)...
- Extracellular matrix components in retrocorneal fibrous membrane in comparison to corneal endothelium and Descemet's membraneE W Leung
Doheny Eye Institute, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mol Vis 6:15-23. 2000..extracellular matrix macromolecules found in Descemet's membrane and in retrocorneal fibrous membrane (RCFM), and to examine whether the corneal endothelium has the capacity to produce both basement and non-basement membrane phenotypes.
- Aging changes of mouse corneal endothelium and Descemet's membraneAlbert S Jun
Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Exp Eye Res 83:890-6. 2006The purpose of this study was to characterize age-associated changes in the corneal endothelium and Descemet's membrane (DM) in C57BL/6 mice, an inbred strain commonly used as a genetic disease model...
- Effect of intracameral bevacizumab injection on corneal endothelium in rabbitsHye Young Park
Department of Ophthalmology, Kangdong Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University, Seoul, Korea
Cornea 27:1151-5. 2008..To investigate the effect of an intracameral injection of bevacizumab on corneal endothelial cells in rabbits...
- Clinical responses of the corneal endotheliumWilliam M Bourne
Mayo Clinic, Department of Ophthalmology, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Exp Eye Res 78:561-72. 2004The corneal endothelium maintains corneal deturgescence and clarity by a pump-leak mechanism first described by David Maurice. This cell layer can be investigated clinically with specular microscopy, fluorophotometry, and pachymetry...
- The effects of proinflammatory cytokines on cytokine-chemokine gene expression profiles in the human corneal endotheliumHiroko Yamagami
Department of Ophthalmology, Omiya Medical Center, Jichi Medical School, Saitama, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:514-20. 2003To determine the effects of proinflammatory cytokines on differential gene expression profiles in the human corneal endothelium (HCE), by using a cDNA expression array.
- Transferrin-polyethylenimine conjugate, FuGENE6 and TransIT-LT as nonviral vectors for gene transfer to the corneal endotheliumThanh Ha Nguyen
Department of Ophthalmology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 46:140-6. 2002To investigate the efficacy and pathogenicity of three commercially available nonviral DNA vectors for gene transfer to the corneal endothelium.
- Studies on the expression of mRNA for anion transport related proteins in corneal endothelial cellsX C Sun
School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47401, USA
Curr Eye Res 22:1-7. 2001PURPOSE: Chloride and bicarbonate are necessary for maintenance of fluid transport by the corneal endothelium, however there is little information on the identity of anion transport proteins that could serve as anion efflux mechanisms in ..
- Initial results of endothelial cell counts after Artisan lens for phakic eyes: an evaluation of the United States Food and Drug Administration Ophtec StudyMihai Pop
Michel Pop Clinics, Montreal, Canada
Ophthalmology 111:309-17. 2004..To evaluate the endothelial cell count change in eyes implanted with the iris-claw phakic Artisan lens for treatment of moderate to high myopia...
- Differences in corneal thickness and corneal endothelium related to duration in diabetesJ S Lee
The Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Pusan National University, Korea
Eye (Lond) 20:315-8. 2006..This study evaluated the differences of corneal thickness and corneal endothelial morphology in diabetes compared with age-matched, healthy control subjects; in addition, we tested for correlation according to the duration of diabetes...
- Age differences in cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor expression and rb hyperphosphorylation in human corneal endothelial cellsKikuko Enomoto
Schepens Eye Research Institute and the Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:4330-40. 2006..Of those CKIs, p16INK4a, p21WAF1/Cip1, and p27Kip1 are expressed in corneal endothelium. To help reveal the mechanism of this age-related difference, the relative expression of those CKIs and the ..
- Descemet membrane endothelial keratoplasty (DMEK)Gerrit R J Melles
Netherlands Institute for Innovative Ocular Surgery, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cornea 25:987-90. 2006..To describe Descemet membrane endothelial keratoplasty (DMEK) with organ cultured Descemet membrane (DM) in a human cadaver eye model and a patient with Fuchs endothelial dystrophy...
- Descemet's stripping with endothelial keratoplasty in 50 eyes: a refractive neutral corneal transplantFrancis W Price
Price Vision Group, 9002 N Meridian St, Ste 100, Indianapolis, IN 46260, USA
J Refract Surg 21:339-45. 2005..To evaluate early visual and refractive outcomes following treatment of corneal endothelial dysfunction with a corneal transplantation technique, Descemet's stripping with endothelial keratoplasty (DSEK)...
- A novel strategy for corneal endothelial reconstruction with a bioengineered cell sheetGing Ho Hsiue
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, Republic of China
Transplantation 81:473-6. 2006..These data indicate the feasibility of the proposed procedure in cell therapy for corneal endothelial cell loss...
- Function of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase in corneal allograft rejection and prolongation of allograft survival by over-expressionSven C Beutelspacher
Department of Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Campus, London, UK
Eur J Immunol 36:690-700. 2006..of IDO in the cornea, following corneal transplantation and the effect of IDO over-expression in donor corneal endothelium on the survival of corneal allografts...
- A population study of the normal cornea using an in vivo, slit-scanning confocal microscopeJ Hollingsworth
Eurolens Research, Dept of Optometry and Neuroscience, UMIST, Manchester, United Kingdom
Optom Vis Sci 78:706-11. 2001..To document qualitative and quantitative changes in the normal, healthy human cornea with age using the confocal microscope...
- Stem cell markers in the human posterior limbus and corneal endothelium of unwounded and wounded corneasSara L McGowan
Department of Vision Sciences, Vision Science Research Center, School of Optometry, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Mol Vis 13:1984-2000. 2007The corneal endothelium is a monolayer of cells in the posterior cornea that is responsible for maintaining a clear cornea...
- Complications of Descemet's stripping with automated endothelial keratoplasty: survey of 118 eyes at One InstituteLeejee H Suh
Division of Cornea and External Diseases, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33418, USA
Ophthalmology 115:1517-24. 2008..To compile a survey of complications during and after Descemet's stripping with automated endothelial keratoplasty (DSAEK) in 118 eyes conducted by cornea subspecialists at a single academic center...
- Hepatocyte growth factor, keratinocyte growth factor, their receptors, fibroblast growth factor receptor-2, and the cells of the corneaS E Wilson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 34:2544-61. 1993..The effects of exogenous HGF and KGF, compared to epidermal growth factor, on the proliferation of first passage corneal cells were also examined...
- Femtosecond-laser-assisted Descemet's stripping endothelial keratoplastyYanny Y Y Cheng
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
J Cataract Refract Surg 33:152-5. 2007..1 diopters, demonstrating a functional corneal endothelial layer. The femtosecond laser offers a new surgical approach for minimally invasive endothelial keratoplasty in corneal endothelial disorders...
- A comparison of two methods for estimating polymegethism in cell areas of the human corneal endotheliumMichael J Doughty
Department of Vision Sciences, Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow G4 OBA, UK
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 28:47-56. 2008..To compare the outcome measures from two different methods for estimating the coefficient of variation (COV) in cell area for human corneal endothelia...
- Toxic effects of recombinant tissue plasminogen activator on cultured human corneal endothelial cellsEfdal Yoeruek
Department of Ophthalmology, Eberhard Karls University, Tuebingen, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:1392-7. 2008..This study was undertaken to investigate the toxicity of rtPA on cultured HCECs to determine its safety for clinical use...
- Kv3.3 potassium channels in lens epithelium and corneal endotheliumJ L Rae
Departments of Physiology and Biophysics and Ophthalmology, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Exp Eye Res 70:339-48. 2000..3 channel produces an A-current although expression of constructs which lack the 5' region of the first start codon inactivate much more slowly than full-length constructs. This short hKv3.3 construct also shows changes in activation...
- Short-term effect of intracameral triamcinolone acetonide on corneal endothelium using the rabbit modelJ Y Oh
Department of Ophthalmology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul Artificial Eye Center, Seoul National University Hospital Clinical Research Institute, Seoul, Korea
Eye (Lond) 21:812-8. 2007To investigate the effect of intracameral injection of triamcinolone acetonide on the corneal endothelium in rabbit eyes.
- Effect of topical mitomycin C on corneal endotheliumAnita Panda
Cornea, Ocular Surface Disease, and Refractive Surgery Services, Dr R P Centre, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Am J Ophthalmol 145:635-638. 2008..To evaluate patients with ocular surface squamous neoplasia (OSSN) on treatment with topical mitomycin C (MMC) with regard to changes in corneal thickness and endothelial count...
- Effect of intracameral injection of lidocaine and carbachol on the rabbit corneal endotheliumShiow Wen Liou
Department of Ophthalmology, Municipal Jen Ai Hospital Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:1351-5. 2004..To determine the effect of intracameral injection of preservative-free lidocaine 1% and carbachol 0.01% on corneal endothelial cells of rabbits...
- Gap junctional intercellular communication in bovine corneal endothelial cellsPriya Gomes
Laboratory of Physiology, KU Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg O N, Box 802, Herestraat 49, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Exp Eye Res 83:1225-37. 2006..These findings together suggest that functional gap junctions are present in BCEC, that both GJIC and PIC contribute significantly to IC, and that the two pathways interact...
- ATP release through connexin hemichannels in corneal endothelial cellsPriya Gomes
Laboratory of Physiology, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:1208-18. 2005..This study was conducted to investigate the possibility that extrajunctional connexons (hemichannels) play a role in ATP release during PMS-induced Ca(2+) wave propagation in bovine corneal endothelial cells (BCECs)...
- Corneal endothelial viability after femtosecond laser preparation of posterior lamellar discs for Descemet-stripping endothelial keratoplastyYanny Y Y Cheng
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cornea 26:1118-22. 2007..To evaluate the feasibility of the femtosecond (FS) laser in preparation of posterior lamellar discs (PLDs) and to study the effect on endothelial cell (EC) viability for Descemet-stripping endothelial keratoplasty...
- Corneal endothelium and postoperative outcomes 15 years after penetrating keratoplastySanjay V Patel
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 139:311-9. 2005..To determine changes in the central endothelium and thickness of grafted corneas and the cumulative probability of developing glaucoma, of graft rejection, and of graft failure 15 years after penetrating keratoplasty...
- Effects of hyaluronan on free-radical formation, corneal endothelium damage, and inflammation parameters after phacoemulsification in rabbitsGiovanni Camillieri
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Ocular Pharmacology Center, School of Medicine, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 20:151-7. 2004Free-radical formation may play a role in postoperative complications of phacoemulsification (e.g., corneal endothelium damage from mechanical injury)...
- Adenosine opposes thrombin-induced inhibition of intercellular calcium wave in corneal endothelial cellsSangly P Srinivas
Laboratory of Physiology, KU Leuven Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg O N, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1518-27. 2007....
- Extracellular ATP opposes thrombin-induced myosin light chain phosphorylation and loss of barrier integrity in corneal endothelial cellsM Satpathy
School of Optometry, Indiana University, 800 East Atwater Avenue, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Exp Eye Res 81:183-92. 2005..These findings further emphasize the role of contractility of the actin cytoskeleton in regulating the barrier integrity of corneal endothelium.
- Advanced glycation end products and receptors in Fuchs' dystrophy corneas undergoing Descemet's stripping with endothelial keratoplastyZhiyou Wang
Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Ophthalmology 114:1453-60. 2007....
- FGF-2-mediated signal transduction during endothelial mesenchymal transformation in corneal endothelial cellsJeong Goo Lee
Doheny Eye Institute, DVRC203, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Exp Eye Res 83:1309-16. 2006..Corneal fibrosis is rarely observed in corneal endothelium/Descemet's membrane complex; but when this pathologic tissue occurs, it causes a loss of vision...
- Corneal endothelial cell density and morphology in normal Iranian eyesMohammad Nasser Hashemian
Tehran University Eye Research Center, Farabi Eye Hospital, Quazvin Sq, Tehran, Iran
BMC Ophthalmol 6:9. 2006..We describe corneal endothelial cell density and morphology in normal Iranian eyes and compare endothelial cell characteristics in the Iranian population with data available in the literature for American and Indian populations...
- Effect of cataract surgery on the corneal endothelium: modern phacoemulsification compared with extracapsular cataract surgeryRupert R A Bourne
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Ophthalmology 111:679-85. 2004To investigate whether modern phacoemulsification surgery results in more damage to the corneal endothelium than extracapsular cataract extraction (ECCE), and to examine which preoperative, operative, and postoperative factors influence ..
- Epithelial metaplasia of the corneal endothelium in Fuchs endothelial dystrophyAhmed A Hidayat
Division of Ophthalmic Pathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC 20306 6000, USA
Cornea 25:956-9. 2006..To evaluate the immunohistochemical characteristics of human corneas with the diagnosis of Fuchs endothelial dystrophy (FED)...
- Small-incision deep lamellar endothelial keratoplasty (DLEK): six-month results in the first prospective clinical studyMark A Terry
Devers Eye Institute, Portland, Oregon 97210, USA
Cornea 24:59-65. 2005..To evaluate the visual, topographic, and endothelial survival results in 25 consecutive patients who have received small-incision deep lamellar endothelial keratoplasty (DLEK) transplant surgery...
- Effects of glaucoma medications on corneal endothelium, keratocytes, and subbasal nerves among participants in the ocular hypertension treatment studyKeith H Baratz
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Cornea 25:1046-52. 2006..To compare subbasal corneal nerve and keratocyte density and endothelial characteristics of ocular hypertensive patients treated with medications or observation...
- Transplantation of corneas reconstructed with cultured adult human corneal endothelial cells in nude ratsTatsuya Mimura
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Exp Eye Res 79:231-7. 2004..The feasibility of corneal reconstruction with cultured adult human corneal endothelial cells (HCEC) was examined in a nude rat model...
- Long-term follow-up of the corneal endothelium after artisan lens implantation for unilateral traumatic and unilateral congenital cataract in children: two case seriesMonica Th P Odenthal
Department of Ophthalmology, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cornea 25:1173-7. 2006....
- Increased clusterin expression in Fuchs' endothelial dystrophyUla V Jurkunas
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2946-55. 2008To investigate the differential expression of the glycoprotein clusterin/apoJ (CLU) in normal and Fuchs' endothelial dystrophy (FED) corneal endothelium and to compare the expression of various forms of CLU in normal and FED tissue.
- Corneal transplant rejection rate and severity after endothelial keratoplastyBruce D S Allan
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Cornea 26:1039-42. 2007....
- Early corneal edema following topical application of mitomycin-CShu Wen Chang
Department of Ophthalmology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, 21 ZSection 2, Nan Ya South Road, Ban Chiao, Taipei 220, Taiwan
J Cataract Refract Surg 30:1742-50. 2004..To determine the effect of mitomycin-C (MMC) on the cornea after a single intraoperative application...
- Inducible adeno-associated virus vector-delivered transgene expression in corneal endotheliumMing Ling Tsai
The Graduate Institute of Medical Science, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:751-7. 2002..To investigate whether recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) vector--mediated transgene expression is induced by inflammation in corneal endothelial cells in vivo...
- Deep lamellar endothelial keratoplasty in the first United States patients: early clinical resultsM A Terry
Devers Eye Institute, Portland, Oregon 97210, USA
Cornea 20:239-43. 2001..If interface clarity can be maintained, the potential advantages over penetrating keratoplasty in the treatment of endothelial dysfunction are considerable...
- Extracellular matrix components in a case of retrocorneal membrane associated with syphilitic interstitial keratitisR Kawaguchi
Second Department of Ophthalmology, Ohashi Hospital, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Cornea 20:100-3. 2001..These CECs may secrete the extracellular matrix components found in the RCM. Hsp 47 up-regulation in the CECs may play an important role in RCM formation. These findings provide further insights into the phenotypic modulation of CECs...
- Healon5 versus Viscoat during cataract surgery: intraocular pressure, laser flare and corneal changesO Schwenn
Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 238:861-7. 2000..We evaluated the postoperative effect of Viscoat and Healon5 on intraocular pressure (IOP), central corneal thickness (CCT), endothelial cell counts and laser flare...
- Endothelial replacement without surface corneal incisions or sutures: topography of the deep lamellar endothelial keratoplasty procedureM A Terry
Lions Vision Research Laboratory of Oregon, Portland, USA
Cornea 20:14-8. 2001..The potential advantages of this procedure over penetrating keratoplasty in the treatment of endothelial dysfunction are considerable...
- Epidermal growth factor and its receptor, basic fibroblast growth factor, transforming growth factor beta-1, and interleukin-1 alpha messenger RNA production in human corneal endothelial cellsS E Wilson
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9057
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 32:2747-56. 1991..This technique showed that the appropriately sized amplification products were specific.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Lysosomal Ca(2+) stores in bovine corneal endotheliumSangly P Srinivas
School of Optometry, Indiana University, 800 East Atwater Avenue, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:2341-50. 2002..This study demonstrates the presence of Ca(2+) stores in lysosomes of bovine corneal endothelial cells (BCECs) and examines their interaction with Ins(1,4,5)P(3)-sensitive Ca(2+) stores...
- Microtubule stabilization opposes the (TNF-alpha)-induced loss in the barrier integrity of corneal endotheliumMahesh Shivanna
School of Optometry, 800 E Atwater Avenue, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Exp Eye Res 89:950-9. 2009..Microtubule stabilization may be a useful strategy to overcome (TNF-alpha)-induced loss of the barrier integrity of corneal endothelium during inflammation associated with transplant rejection and uveitis.
- Construction of human corneal endothelial cDNA library and identification of novel active genesRieko Sakai
Department of Ophthalmology, Jichi Medical School, Kawachi gun, Tochigi, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:1749-56. 2002..To describe genes expressed in human corneal endothelial cells and identify novel genes...
- Differentiation of Cord Blood Mesenchymal Stem Cells to Corneal EndotheliumNancy C Joyce; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Bioengineered corneal endothelium is being explored as an exciting, practical alternative to corneal transplantation to treat vision loss due to endothelial injury or disease...
- MECHANISM OF RETROCORNEAL FIBROUS MEMBRANEEunDuck P Kay; Fiscal Year: 2010The wound repair process of corneal endothelium appears to have two distinct pathways: 1) the regenerative pathway, by which endothelial cells do not replicate but are replaced by migration of exiting cells;and 2) the non-regenerative ..
- The Role of Oxidative Stress in the Pathogenesis of Fuchs Endothelial Corneal DysUla V Jurkunas; Fiscal Year: 2013..There is mounting evidence that oxidative stress induces damage to corneal endothelium in FECD...
- Identification and Characterization of the Mouse PPCD1 GeneChristopher A Bradfield; Fiscal Year: 2013..mutation in our mouse colony and exhibits an enlarged anterior chamber secondary to metaplasia of the corneal endothelium and blockage of the iridocorneal angle by the epithelialized corneal endothelial cells...
- Engineering of Human Corneal Endothelial GraftsYing Ting Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The corneal endothelium plays a pivotal role in maintaining corneal transparency...
- Corneal endothelial cell survival in human donor corneas for transplantationShay Whey M Koh; Fiscal Year: 2012..which is superior to the traditional technique in many aspects, requires extensive manipulation of the corneal endothelium, resulting in extensive CE cell loss...
- Role of unfolded protein response and COL8A2 in Fuchs corneal dystrophyAlbert S Jun; Fiscal Year: 2013..Preliminary results show pathologic changes in the basement membrane of the corneal endothelium which are highly similar to those seen in human FECD corneas...
- Role of primary cilia in corneal development and repairCarlo Iomini; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have previously shown that the primary cilium plays a morphogenetic role in the organization of the corneal endothelium (CE)...
- Mechanisms of anterior segment development and corneal neovascularizationTsutomu Kume; Fiscal Year: 2012..null mutant mice for Foxc1 have numerous ocular abnormalities, including lack of the anterior chamber and corneal endothelium, iris dystrophy and abnormalities of the trabecular meshwork...
- Composite Allografting for Promoting Survival of Corneal TransplantsDANIEL RAPHAEL SABAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..of the host against alloantigens of the graft, and importantly, these alloantigens are shared by the graft corneal endothelium-the critical target in rejection...
- Integrative Genetic Analyses in Fuchs Endothelial Corneal DystrophySudha K Iyengar; Fiscal Year: 2013..Corneal Dystrophy (FECD) is a bilateral, generally symmetric, slowly progressing disorder of the corneal endothelium that was first described by Ernst Fuchs in 1910...
- Molecular Regulation of Epithelial-Mesenchymal TransitionsDOUGLAS CHASE DEAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..repressor in humans cause posterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy, a pathologic epithelization of the corneal endothelium. In mutant mice there are also epithelial vs...
- REGULATION OF PHI AND FLUID FLUX IN CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMJOSEPH AURELIO BONANNO; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our overall hypothesis is that the corneal endothelium is a lactate removal "pump"...
- Cloning/Gene/Posterior Polymorphous corneal dystrophyANTHONY ALDAVE; Fiscal Year: 2009..polymorphous corneal dystrophy (PPCD, PPMD, PPD;OMIM # 122000) is a dominantly inherited disorder of the corneal endothelium that is associated with a wide spectrum of clinical features and courses ranging from benign to profound ..
- Study of Genetic Basis of Fuchs Corneal DystrophyGORDON KENNETH KLINTWORTH; Fiscal Year: 2011..provided by applicant): Fuchs corneal dystrophy (FCD) is a common bilateral late onset disorder of the corneal endothelium chracterized by a slowly progressive dysfunction of corneal endothelial cells associated with the loss of ..
- Functional role of transporter Slc4a11 (BTR1/NaBC1) in the corneaMark Parker; Fiscal Year: 2013..to determine whether Slc4a11 is located in the basolateral or apical membrane of the mouse corneal endothelium. In Specific Aim 3 we will generate and evaluate the phenotype of a mouse model of CHED2 prepared by ..
- Lactic acid transport across the corneal endotheliumTRACY THUY NGUYEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The hypotheses are: 1) Transport of lactic acid across the corneal endothelium is via monocarboxylate transports (MCTs) 2) MCTs play a role in lactate:H+ transport in vivo...
- Genetics of Fuchs Corneal DystrophyNicholas Katsanis; Fiscal Year: 2013Fuchs corneal dystrophy (FCD) is a degenerative disorder of the corneal endothelium that affects nearly 4% of the population above 40 years of age and accounts for the majority of transplants performed each year in the US...
- CONTROL OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUM DEVELOPMENT IN THE MOUSEChristopher Wright; Fiscal Year: 2002..generated either by homologous recombination-Mf1/lacZ-or as a result of spontaneous mutation-Mf1/Ch) the corneal endothelium fails to differentiate from the embryonic corneal mesenchyme...
- MECHANISMS OF MICROWAVE DAMAGE IN OCULAR TISSUEDavid Lange; Fiscal Year: 1992..following acute/chronic exposures to low levels of microwave radiation, with specific tissue damage (corneal endothelium and vascular permeability) will be evaluated in vivo (rabbit model)...
- Measurement of Fluid Flow Across the Ocular Ciliary BodyOSCAR CANDIA; Fiscal Year: 2006..as commonly done with other water transporting epithelia such as those of the kidney, urinary bladder and corneal endothelium. Our preliminary, experiments show that we can measure fluid transport in this isolated tissue...
- OCULAR MECHANISMS OF REJECTION OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMJOHN ROCKEY; Fiscal Year: 1990..DR in humans; Ia in animals) may be induced by gamma interferon on a variety of target cells including corneal endothelium (Donnelly et al, Invest Ophth Vis Sci 26:575; Young et al., Invest Ophth Vis Sci 26:570; 1985)...
- BIO-RAD CONFOCAL MICROSCOPE & 3-D ANALYSIS WORK STATIONTheresa Harrison; Fiscal Year: 1991..to asses potentially deleterious effects of H2O2 concentrations on morphology of the ciliary process, corneal endothelium and lens epithelium; 7) imaging of developing embryonic cardiac outflow tracts to study organization of the ..
- CORNEAL ENDOTHELIA TRANSPLANT: CLINICAL IMPLICATIONDENIS GOSPODAROWICZ; Fiscal Year: 1980..We hope ultimately to replace the diseased, old, corneal endothelium of the graft with a vigorously growing and functional endothelium which has previously been grown and ..
- ION CURRENT ANALYSIS IN THE CORNEALARRY LIEBOVITCH; Fiscal Year: 1999The transport system of the corneal endothelium maintains the cornea at the low level of hydration required for transparency and good vision...
- Promoting Corneal Graft by Anti-Apoptotic GenesReza Dana; Fiscal Year: 2006..Our preliminary data provide support for the feasibility of introducing genes into both the corneal endothelium and stroma...
- METABOLIC STUDIES OF CORNEAL TISSUESRONALD LAING; Fiscal Year: 1992..the redox state of single cells and the differences in metabolic state between individual cells within the corneal endothelium and within the corneal epithelium will be measured...
- TBDN-1 AS A REGULATOR OF RETINAL ANGIOGENESISROBERT GENDRON; Fiscal Year: 2001..tbdn- 1), with protein-protein interaction and DNA-binding motifs which is expressed exclusively in the corneal endothelium and in the limbic and retinal vascular endothelia in the normal eye...
- NA-K PUMP FUNCTION IN TRANSPORTING OCULAR TISSUESDayle Geroski; Fiscal Year: 1991..an intact (contact inhibited) monolayer? 3) Do changes in Na-K pump and barrier functions occur in stored corneal endothelium? 4) What is the density of Na-K pump sites in other transporting ocular tissues (ciliary body and lens ..
- CORNEAL PHYSIOLOGY AND KERATOPLASTY INDUCED GLAUCOMARandall Olson; Fiscal Year: 1980..We propose to look at corneal thickness change as related to intraocular pressure. This should lead to a better understanding of the physiology of the corneal endothelium.
- CORNEAL ENDOTHELIAL REPAIR--ROLE OF LIPID MEDIATORSMarcia Jumblatt; Fiscal Year: 2000DESCRIPTION: The corneal endothelium exists as a monolayer of regularly arranged cells lining the posterior aspect of the cornea and maintains corneal transparency by removing fluid from the hydrophilic stroma, and the ability of this ..
- Zeb1 and epithelial-mesenchymal balance in the eyeDouglas Dean; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mutation of Zeb1 in patients is linked to epithelization of corneal endothelium and posterior polymorphous corneal dystrophy (PPCD)...
- POTASSIUM CHANNELS IN CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMStephen Ernst; Fiscal Year: 1999..identify on the molecular and cellular levels ion transport proteins that mediate salt transport across the corneal endothelium and to relate their properties to the deturgesing function of this cell layer...
- REGENERATION OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMDENIS GOSPODAROWICZ; Fiscal Year: 1992..This includes its chemotactic activity and its ability to stimulate plasminogen activator and collagenase, while repressing plasminogen inhibitor activity. Finally the receptor for VEGF would be defined...
- ASSESSMENT OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUM IN VIVOLawrence Hirst; Fiscal Year: 1980..Human, clinico-pathological correlations of endothelial diseases will be performed by comparing the in vivo specular microscopic appearance with the histological details after corneal removal by keratoplasty or enucleation. ..
- The Big Eye phenotype: Ontogeny, mapping and modifiersChristopher Bradfield; Fiscal Year: 2007..indicated an enlarged anterior chamber that correlated with the appearance of an epithelialization of the corneal endothelium and proliferation of these epithelial cells into the iridocorneal angle...
- IN VITRO MODEL OF CORNEAL WOUND HEALING: ROLE OF MATRIXDiane Blake; Fiscal Year: 1993..These studies will also provide information that may be useful in designing therapy to stimulate healing in the corneal endothelium.
- NEUROTROPHIC FACTOR MODULATION OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMShay Whey Koh; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- VISION RESEARCH AT INDIANA UNIVERSITYJoseph Bonanno; Fiscal Year: 2008..They include advanced optics of the eye, visual displays for infant vision development, microscopic fluorimetry and imaging, and equipment repair support. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CORNEAL METABOLIC ACTIVITY IN HUMANSJoseph Bonanno; Fiscal Year: 2002..If so, this could lead to the development of a provocative test for suitability of contact lens wear based on a quick and simple measure of corneal oxygen consumption. ..
- TRANSPORT MECHANISMS IN CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMJorge Fischbarg; Fiscal Year: 2004..The understanding to be gained may provide insights on how to modulate fluid transport so as to offset endothelial dysfunction leading to the loss of normal vision. ..
- MOLECULAR INDUCTION OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIAL PROLIFERATIONNancy Joyce; Fiscal Year: 2009..If our hypothesis is correct, molecular approaches could tap the residual proliferative capacity of HCEC in older donors by decreasing p21 expression. ..
- CELL CYCLE OF CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMNancy Joyce; Fiscal Year: 2005The corneal endothelium is responsible for maintaining corneal clarity, but these cells do not divide throughout life...
- VOLUME REGULATION IN CORNEAL ENDOTHELIUMSANGLY SRINIVAS; Fiscal Year: 2002..focus of this proposal is to investigate the ion transport mechanisms that support fluid transport by the corneal endothelium in terms of solute-solvent coupling and signaling pathways. The project will be carried out in three steps...
- STUDIES OF THE CORNEAWilliam Bourne; Fiscal Year: 2007..Knowledge of these effects will lead to improvements in these surgical procedures. ..
- Myocilin-induced ER Stress in Trabecular Meshwork CellsSANGLY SRINIVAS; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will lead to the development of an essential knowledge base and influence research in the field of glaucoma pathophysiology, diagnostics, and therapeutics. ..
- Role of Alpha 2 Collagen VIII in Fuchs Corneal DystrophyAlbert Jun; Fiscal Year: 2008..Expertise in these areas is deemed invaluable for the PI who aspires to develop an independent research program studying basic mechanisms of corneal diseases. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF CORNEAL EDEMA AFTER INTRAOCULAR SURGERYHenry Edelhauser; Fiscal Year: 2006..to test the following hypothesis about the specific effects of each of three factors on the compromised corneal endothelium. (1) that the corneal endothelium has a regeneration zone (stem cells) that maintains a constant supply of ..