- Bone graft remodelling and implant success rate in the treatment of the severely resorbed maxilla: a 5-year longitudinal study
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Umeaå, Sweden
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 31:158-64. 2002
..7 mm at the 5-year examination. A substantial amount of bone can be gained in patients with extremely resorbed maxillae, when treated with bone graft according to the procedure described in this study...
- Prosthodontic guidelines for surgical reconstruction of the maxilla: a classification system of defects
D J Okay
Department of Dentistry, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Prosthet Dent 86:352-63. 2001
..The aim of this defect-oriented classification system was to organize and define the complex nature of the restorative decision-making process for the maxillectomy patient...
- Immediate functional loading of edentulous maxilla: a 5-year retrospective study of 388 titanium implants
Dental School, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Periodontol 76:1016-24. 2005
..Because of a lack of experimental reports regarding edentulous maxilla, we decided to evaluate the survival rate of immediately loaded dental implants in this area...
- Immediate functional loading of implants placed with flapless surgery in the edentulous maxilla: 1-year follow-up of a single cohort study
Department of Dentistry and Maxillo Facial Surgery, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:87-95. 2007
..To evaluate success rates and complications of implants placed with a flapless technique and immediately loaded in fully edentulous maxillae...
- Fate of monocortical bone blocks grafted in the human maxilla: a histological and histomorphometric study
Ilara R Zerbo
Department of Oral Cell Biology, ACTA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Oral Implants Res 14:759-66. 2003
Local bone defects in the anterior maxilla are commonly grafted with monocortical blocks of autologous bone in order to restore the defect site prior to the placement of dental implants...
- Success rate and risk factors associated with mini-implants reinstalled in the maxilla
Seung Hak Baek
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Dental Research Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul, South Korea
Angle Orthod 78:895-901. 2008
..To determine the difference in the success rate for two types of oral installed mini-implants (OMIs): one type of initially installed OMI and a new implant of the same type that is reinstalled...
- Three-dimensional morphometric analysis of human cadaver bone: microstructural data from maxilla and mandible
Mete I Fanuscu
Division of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1668, USA
Clin Oral Implants Res 15:213-8. 2004
..Moderately resorbed edentulous maxilla and mandible from a human cadaver were scanned in the conventional CT unit with opaque markers indicating ..
- Material properties of the dentate maxilla
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, 3302 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, TX 75246, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 288:962-72. 2006
The aim of this study was to determine regional variability of material properties in the dentate maxilla. Cortical samples were removed from 15 sites of 15 adult dentate fresh-frozen maxillas...
- Immediate single-tooth implants in the anterior maxilla: a 1-year case cohort study on hard and soft tissue response
Tim De Rouck
Department of Restorative Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, Free Univeristy of Brussels VUB, Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Periodontol 35:649-57. 2008
..and aesthetic outcome 1 year after immediate placement and provisionalization of single-tooth implants in the pre-maxilla. All patients underwent the same strategy, that is mucoperiosteal flap elevation, immediate implant placement, ..
- Concentrations of metals in maxilla and mandible deciduous and permanent human teeth
Department of Toxicology, Medical University of Silesia, 4 Jagiellonska Street, 41 200 Sosnowiec, Poland
Biol Trace Elem Res 132:19-26. 2009
..Fe, Zn, Na, K, Mg, and Ca) in deciduous and permanent teeth with respect to their location in the oral cavity (maxilla, mandible)...
- Juvenile ossifying fibroma of the maxilla
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Stomatology Hospital of Nanjing, Affiliated Stomatology Hospital of Nanjing University Medical School, 30 Zhongyang Road, Nanjing 210008, PR China
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:82-5. 2007
..Reported here is a case of a massive juvenile ossifying fibroma of the maxilla in an 11-year-old male child...
- Embolisation of arteriovenous malformation of the maxilla
Department of Radiology, Ghaem Hospital, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 35:451-5. 2006
..Physical examination showed gingival swelling of the right maxilla and loosening of the molar teeth...
- Osteonecrosis of the maxilla and mandible in patients with advanced cancer treated with bisphosphonate therapy
Cherry L Estilo
D Dental Service, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Oncologist 13:911-20. 2008
..Clinical outcomes of patients with ONJ were variable with 11 patients demonstrating improvement or healing with conservative management. Our ONJ experience is presented here...
- Immediately loaded implants supporting fixed prostheses in the edentulous maxilla: a preliminary clinical and radiologic report
Implantatcentrum, Norrkoping, Sweden
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 20:399-405. 2005
To evaluate the survival rate of immediately loaded ITI sand-blasted, large-grit, acid-etched (SLA) solid-screw dental implants in the edentulous maxilla after 8 months of loading.
- Immediate single-tooth implants in the anterior maxilla: 3-year results of a case series on hard and soft tissue response and aesthetics
Department of Periodontology and Oral Implantology, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Ghent, Dental School, Ghent, Belgium
J Clin Periodontol 38:746-53. 2011
The objective of this prospective study was to assess the overall outcome of immediate single implant treatment in the anterior maxilla after a 3-year observation period.
- Morphologic quantification of the maxilla and the mandible with cone-beam computed tomography
National University of Singapore, Singapore
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 137:218-22. 2010
The purpose of this pilot study was to use cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) to determine the volumes of the maxilla and the mandible in subjects with skeletal Class I, Class II, and Class III malocclusions...
- Early implant survival in posterior maxilla with or without beta-tricalcium phosphate sinus floor graft
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Baskent University, Ankara, Turkey
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:1642-5. 2010
..The aim of this study was to evaluate and compare the survival rates of implants inserted in the posterior maxilla (without sinus lift) to simultaneous implant insertion with sinus lift.
- Recurrent desmoplastic ameloblastoma of the maxilla: a case report
Rejeev Sivasankar Pillai
Department of Oral Medicine and Radiology, College of Dental Surgery, Manipal, Karnataka, India
J Can Dent Assoc 70:100-4. 2004
..This tumour appeared in the premolar region of the left maxilla with involvement of the antrum...
- Stability of bone grafting and placement of implants in the severely atrophic maxilla
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Plastic Surgery, Klinik und Poliklinik fur Mund, Kiefer und Gesichtschirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Osianderstrasse 2 8, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 41:249-55. 2003
A severely atrophic maxilla can be restored by bone grafts to allow the insertion of implants...
- Multifaceted aspects of implant esthetics: the anterior maxilla
A S el Askary
Implant Dent 10:182-91. 2001
..This article reviews most of the current techniques that help to maximize the esthetic results and introduces a new classification for soft tissue management according to the time of clinical intervention...
- A prospective clinical study evaluating the safety and effectiveness of narrow-diameter threaded implants in the anterior region of the maxilla
Department of Oral Surgery and Oral Medicine, Dental Faculty, University of Oslo, Norway
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 16:217-24. 2001
..25-mm) implants replacing either a central or a lateral incisor in the maxilla. In an attempt to create an ideal emergence profile and to regenerate papillae, individual acrylic resin tooth-..
- Early treatment of posterior and anterior crossbite in a child with bilaterally constricted maxilla: report of case
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
ASDC J Dent Child 65:41-6. 1998
..Early orthodontic therapy using a simple, removable, maxillary expansion appliance provided the patient with a stable, functional occlusion and good esthetics...
- A clinical study of changes in the volume of bone grafts in the atrophic maxilla
Department of Surgical Sciences, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Uppsala University Hospital, S 751 85 Uppsala, Sweden
Dentomaxillofac Radiol 30:157-61. 2001
OBJECTIVES: To evaluate the volumetric changes in bone grafts to the severely atrophic edentulous maxilla over 6 months...
- The early psychological adjustment of cleft patients after maxillary distraction osteogenesis and conventional orthognathic surgery: a preliminary study
Lim Kwong Cheung
Discipline of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:1743-50. 2006
..To compare the early psychological changes of cleft lip and palate (CLP) and noncleft patients after maxillofacial corrective surgery, including maxillary distraction osteogenesis and conventional orthognathic surgery...
- Prevalence of postoperative complications after orthognathic surgery: a 15-year review
Lop Keung Chow
Discipline of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:984-92. 2007
..This study was conducted to determine the prevalence of postoperative complications after orthognathic surgery and evaluate the use of antibiotic prophylaxis in relation to the infection rate...
- Immediate loading of single-tooth implants in the anterior maxilla. Preliminary results after one year
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, Karl Franzens University Graz, Austria
Clin Oral Implants Res 14:180-7. 2003
..healing period for single-tooth implants and immediate loading has been proposed for the aesthetic zone in the maxilla. The present study evaluated clinical outcomes of immediately loaded FRIALIT-2 Synchro implants 12 months after ..
- Immediate loading in the maxilla using flapless surgery, implants placed in predetermined positions, and prefabricated provisional restorations: a retrospective 3-year clinical study
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 5:29-36. 2003
..Immediate loading of dental implants shortens the treatment time and makes it possible to give the patient an esthetic appearance during the whole treatment period...
- Cone-beam CT (CB Throne) applied to dentomaxillofacial region
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology, Tokyo Dental College, Japan
Bull Tokyo Dent Coll 47:133-41. 2006
..This article reports the characteristics of this system, and its diagnostic power for maxillofacial lesions and the pre-operative planning dental implants...
- Effect of abutment angulation on the strain on the bone around an implant in the anterior maxilla: a finite element study
Xavier E Saab
Department of Prosthodontics, The University of Texas Health Science Center Dental Branch at Houston, Houston, TX, USA
J Prosthet Dent 97:85-92. 2007
Angled abutments are often used to restore dental implants placed in the anterior maxilla due to esthetic or spatial needs. The effect of abutment angulation on bone strain is unknown.
- Corticotomy and compression osteogenesis in the posterior maxilla for treating severe anterior open bite
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kagawa Prefectural Central Hospital, Kagawa, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:354-7. 2007
..The compression osteogenesis method with a two-stage corticotomy was used in the posterior maxilla to treat a woman with severe anterior open bite...
- Three-dimensional cone-beam computed tomography for assessment of mandibular changes after orthognathic surgery
Lucia H S Cevidanes
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7450, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 131:44-50. 2007
..The purpose of this study was to assess alterations in the 3-dimensional (3D) position of the mandibular rami and condyles in patients receiving either maxillary advancement and mandibular setback or maxillary surgery only...
- The management of a severely resorbed edentulous maxilla using a bone graft and a CAD/CAM-guided immediately loaded definitive implant prosthesis: a clinical report
Ansgar C Cheng
Mount Elizabeth Hospital, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Prosthet Dent 99:85-90. 2008
..Removable prostheses are unsuccessful in situations with severe bone resorption. A patient with an edentulous maxilla received bone grafts from the anterior iliac crest to augment the maxillary alveolar residual ridges...
- Immediate occlusal loading of double acid-etched surface titanium implants in 41 consecutive full-arch cases in the mandible and maxilla: 6- to 74-month results
Juan C Ibañez
Postgraduate Area of Implantology, School of Dentistry, Cordoba University, Cordoba, Argentina
J Periodontol 76:1972-81. 2005
..Starting with a few implants immediately loaded with a bar overdenture in the mandible, the concept of immediate loading evolved to loading multiple implants in both the maxilla and mandible.
- Changing of facial skeleton for treatment of obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome
Department of Stomatology of the First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, and General Teaching Hospital, Czech Republic
Prague Med Rep 106:149-58. 2005
..Thus also muscles fixed to the facial skeleton and upper airway dilatators are moved forward. The discussion also mentions possible complications and limitations of this surgical technique...
- Osteonecrosis of the mandible or maxilla associated with the use of new generation bisphosphonates
Matthew C Farrugia
Department of Otolaryngology, Botsford General Hospital, Farmington Hills, Michigan 48336, USA
Laryngoscope 116:115-20. 2006
..Osteonecrosis of the mandible or maxilla associated with the use of bisphosphonates is a newly described entity never before discussed in the ..
- Developments in reconstruction of midface and maxilla
Neal D Futran
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Washington, 1959 NE Pacific Street Box 356515, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Lancet Oncol 7:249-58. 2006
Loss of the maxilla and midfacial structures after tumour removal has substantial functional and aesthetic consequences...
- [Patient perception of functional and cosmetic outcome of orthognathic surgery. Retrospective analysis of 45 patients]
Service de Stomatologie et Chirurgie Maxillo-Faciale, CHU de la Timone, Marseille
Rev Stomatol Chir Maxillofac 107:9-14; discussion 15-6. 2006
..The psychological consequences of orthognathic surgery must be taken into account because the impact is considerable...
- Outcome analysis of implant restorations located in the anterior maxilla: a review of the recent literature
Urs C Belser
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Geneva, Switzerland
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 19:30-42. 2004
To document the literature regarding outcomes of implant restorations in the anterior maxilla to formulate consensus statements with regard to esthetics in implant dentistry, to provide guidelines to clinicians, and to articulate ..
- Rehabilitation of the severely atrophied maxilla by horseshoe Le Fort I osteotomy (HLFO)
Kaan C Yerit
University Hospital of Cranio Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 97:683-92. 2004
The purpose of this study was to determine the long-term outcome of the horseshoe Le Fort I osteotomy (HLFO) as a preprosthetic operation technique for implant insertion in the extremely atrophied maxilla.
- Long-term implant survival in the grafted maxilla: results of a 12-year retrospective study
Kaan C Yerit
University Hospital of Cranio Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Oral Implants Res 15:693-9. 2004
The aim of this study was to determine the long-term outcome of implant insertion in the augmented severely atrophied maxilla.
- Radiation-induced osteosarcoma of the maxilla
J J Kasthoori
Department of Radiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya Medical Centre, Kuala Lumpur 59100, Malaysia
Singapore Med J 47:907-9. 2006
..We report irradiation-induced osteosarcoma involving the maxilla following treatment of nasopharyngeal carcinoma in a 44-year-old man who presented with painful cheek swelling...
- Patients' perception of improvement after orthognathic surgery: pilot study
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Central Hospital, 721 89 Vasteras, Sweden
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 44:24-7. 2006
..We conclude that patients' perceptions after orthognathic operations were generally favourable but there is a need for improved information to patients during the treatment...
- Biomechanical and histomorphometric comparison between zirconia implants with varying surface textures and a titanium implant in the maxilla of miniature pigs
Clin Oral Implants Res 18:662-8. 2007
..The influence of surface modification on the osseointegration of this material has not been extensively investigated...
- Complex orthognathic surgery: assessment of patient satisfaction
Jeffrey C Posnick
Posnick Center for Facial Plastic Surgery, Chevy Chase, MD, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:934-42. 2008
- The posterior maxilla: clinical considerations and current concepts using BrÃ¥nemark System implants
Periodontol 2000 47:67-78. 2008
- Two alternative surgical techniques for enhancing primary implant stability in the posterior maxilla: a clinical study including bone density, insertion torque, and resonance frequency analysis data
Department of Restorative and Prosthetic Dentistry, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43218 2357, USA
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 10:231-7. 2008
..The primary stability of dental implants associated with resistance to micromotion during healing is affected by surgical technique and implant design, which are important especially in the soft bone, where implant failures are more likely...
- Labial talon cusps: a South American archaeological case in the deciduous dentition and review of a rare trait
Department of Biological Anthropology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge
Br Dent J 206:277-82. 2009
..Differences between these traits in sex distribution, frequency of maxillary and mandibular cases, and the most commonly affected teeth are demonstrated...
- Position of teeth on the edentulous atrophic maxilla
L V Lassila
Institute of Dentistry and Biomedicals Research, University of Turku, Finland
J Oral Rehabil 28:267-72. 2001
..9 years, and 125 dentulous post-menopausal women were correlated. In the edentulous maxilla the sagittal position of canine teeth can be determined by the oral edge of incisive papilla...
- Comparison of biomechanical behaviour of maxilla following Le Fort I osteotomy with 2- versus 4-plate fixation using 3D-FEA: part 3: inferior and anterior repositioning surgery
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 38:173-9. 2009
..to investigate the biomechanical behavior of different fixation models in inferiorly and anteriorly repositioned maxilla following Le Fort I osteotomy...
- Immediate occlusal loading and tilted implants for the rehabilitation of the atrophic edentulous maxilla: 1-year interim results of a multicenter prospective study
Istituto Ortopedico Galeazzi IRCCS, Department of Odontology, Milan University, Milan, Italy
Clin Oral Implants Res 19:227-32. 2008
- Accuracy of three-dimensional measurements obtained from cone beam computed tomography surface-rendered images for cephalometric analysis: influence of patient scanning position
Department of Oral Radiology, Academic Centre for Dentistry Amsterdam ACTA, The Netherlands
Eur J Orthod 31:129-34. 2009
..The findings indicate that measurements based on 3D CBCT surface images are accurate and that small variations in the patient's head position do not influence measurement accuracy...
- Factorial analysis of variables influencing mechanical characteristics of a single tooth implant placed in the maxilla using finite element analysis and the statistics-based Taguchi method
Chun Li Lin
Department of Mechanical Engineering, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Eur J Oral Sci 115:408-16. 2007
..An implant with a tapered interference fit connection performed better as a force-transmission mechanism than other configurations...
- A comparison of jaw dimensional and quality assessments of bone characteristics with cone-beam CT, spiral tomography, and multi-slice spiral CT
ESAT PSI, Medical Imaging Center, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 22:446-54. 2007
..Secondly, the subjective image quality of CBCT images with those obtained by multi-slice spiral CT (MSCT) of a fixed ex vivo cadaver with its soft tissues was compared...
- The accuracy of two-dimensional planning for routine orthognathic surgery
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Klinikum Bremen Mitte, 28177 Bremen, Germany
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 48:271-5. 2010
..If greater shifts in the transversal dimension are necessary, exact planning should be adapted with three-dimensional planning devices to avoid significant differences...
- Talon cusp: a case series
Department of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, Gazi University Faculty of Dentistry, Ankara, Turkey
Gen Dent 57:524-7. 2009
..The remaining eight talon cusps were observed bilaterally, with six affecting the permanent maxillary lateral incisors and the other two affecting the permanent maxillary canines...
- Linear accuracy and reliability of cone beam CT derived 3-dimensional images constructed using an orthodontic volumetric rendering program
Danielle R Periago
Department of Orthodontic and Pediatric Dentistry, University of Louisville School of Dentistry, Louisville, KY, USA
Angle Orthod 78:387-95. 2008
..To compare accuracy of linear measurements made on cone beam computed tomographic (CBCT) derived 3-dimensional (3D) surface rendered volumetric images to direct measurements made on human skulls...
- Optimizing esthetics for implant restorations in the anterior maxilla: anatomic and surgical considerations
Department of Oral Surgery and Stomatology, School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Switzerland
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 19:43-61. 2004
The placement of dental implants in the anterior maxilla is a challenge for clinicians because of patients' exacting esthetic demands and difficult pre-existing anatomy...
- Horizontal distraction of the anterior maxilla in combination with bilateral sinuslift operation--preliminary report
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, General Hospital LKH Klagenfurt, St Veiterstr 47, A 9020 Klagenfurt, Austria
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 34:37-44. 2005
..In cases of severe atrophy of the edentulous maxilla a maxillary retrognathism results...
- Maxillary reconstruction with a fibula osteoseptocutaneous free flap and simultaneous insertion of osseointegrated dental implants
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Medical College, Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Plast Reconstr Surg 113:1140-5. 2004
..At a mean follow-up time of 30 months (range, 16 to 38 months), all patients were able to use the dental prosthesis for chewing (beginning 6 weeks after the final procedure) and all patients were satisfied with the cosmetic results...
- A clinical and histologic evaluation of implant integration in the posterior maxilla after sinus floor augmentation with autogenous bone, bovine hydroxyapatite, or a 20:80 mixture
Clinic for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Public Health Service, Gävle City, Sweden
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 17:635-43. 2002
..This study was designed to clinically and histologically evaluate the integration of titanium implants in different grafting materials used for maxillary sinus augmentation procedures...
- Satisfaction of orthognathic surgical patients in a Malaysian population
K K Siow
Lau Dental Surgery, Jalan Besar Kepong, 52100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
J Oral Sci 44:165-71. 2002
..The impact of these findings on the success of the surgery and the need to reinforce verbal communication with printed pamphlets are emphasized...
- Long-term results of distraction osteogenesis of the maxilla and midface
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Erlangen-Nuremberg, , D-91054 Erlangen, Germany
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 40:473-9. 2002
Since the beginning of 1998, eight patients have been treated by osteodistraction to correct hypoplasia of the maxilla and midface of various origins...
- Model surgery technique for Le Fort I osteotomy--alteration in occlusal plane associated with upward transposition of posterior maxilla
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Bull Tokyo Dent Coll 46:67-78. 2005
..analytical values into accurate model surgery by traditional methods, especially when moving the posterior maxilla. This is because cephalometric radiographic analysis generated information on movement of the posterior nasal ..
- Mesiodistal crown dimensions of the permanent dentition in North Indian children
S P Singh
Unit of Orthodontics, Oral Health Sciences Center, PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
J Indian Soc Pedod Prev Dent 24:192-6. 2006
..The total arch length in males was 117.77 mm in maxilla and 111.60 mm in mandible, while in females, the figures were 113.98 mm in maxilla and 107.10 mm in the mandible.
- Non-surgical treatment of anterior open bite and its assessment using the Dawjee analysis: a case report
S M Dawjee
Department of Orthodontics, University of Pretoria, Pretoria
SADJ 63:234, 236-8. 2008
- Dental arch dimensions in primary dentition of children aged three to five years in Chennai and Hyderabad
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Meenakshi Ammal Dental College and Hospital, Maduravoyal, Chennai
Indian J Dent Res 17:185-9. 2006
..CONCLUSION: Generally boys exhibited a greater arch dimensions than girls in both groups. Some of the dimensions showed a statistically significant mean values...
- Maxillary and mandibular dentoalveolar heights of French-Canadians 10 to 15 years of age
Peter H Buschang
Department of Orthodontics, Baylor College of Dentistry, 3302 Gaston Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75124, USA
Angle Orthod 78:70-6. 2008
..To establish reference data for anterior and posterior dentoalveolar heights of growing French-Canadians with untreated normal occlusions and malocclusions...
- Soft tissue thickness for placement of an orthodontic miniscrew using an ultrasonic device
Bong Kuen Cha
Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, Kangnung National University, Kangnung, Kangwondo, Republic of Korea
Angle Orthod 78:403-8. 2008
..To evaluate area- and gender-related differences in the soft tissue thickness of potential areas for installing miniscrews in the buccal-attached gingiva and the palatal masticatory mucosa...
- A comparative study of profile changes with 3 different distalization mechanics
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
World J Orthod 8:37-44. 2007
..To compare the effects of 3 molar distalization appliances, the intraoral bodily molar distalizer, the Keles slider, and the acrylic cervical occipital appliance, from the viewpoint of skeletal and soft tissue changes...
- Rapid maxillary expansion followed by fixed appliances: a long-term evaluation of changes in arch dimensions
James A McNamara
Department of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1078, USA
Angle Orthod 73:344-53. 2003
..The amount of correction for the deficiency in maxillary arch perimeter was about 80%, whereas in the mandible a full correction was achieved...
- A comparative study of dental arch widths: extraction and non-extraction treatment
Faculty of Dentistry, Yeditepe University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Orthod 27:585-9. 2005
- An evidence-based approach to treatment of open bite and deep bite: case reports
Mark G Hans
Department of Orthodontics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
World J Orthod 8:45-64. 2007
..This article summarizes the results of 6 case-controlled studies on treatment changes in deep bite or open bite...
- Intra-arch occlusal indicators of crowding in the permanent dentition
Department of Social Dentistry, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 128:220-5. 2005
..The objective of this study was to identify the intra-arch occlusal characteristics that best discriminated 3 groups with different grades of dental arch discrepancies. This cross-sectional analysis was conducted in Lima, Peru, in 2003...
- Dental crowding in primary dentition and its relationship to arch and crown dimensions among preschool children of Davangere
A R Prabhakar
Department of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry, Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Davangere, Karnataka, India
J Dent Child (Chic) 75:168-76. 2008
..The arch depth of the spaced dentition was greater when compared to the crowded ones. The arch perimeter of the crowded arches was significantly less than the spaced arches...
- Dental arch dimensions in the mixed dentition: a study of Italian children born in the 1950s and the 1990s
Department of Orthodontics, University of Florence, Via del Ponte di Mezzo 46-48, 50127 Florence, Italy
Angle Orthod 76:446-51. 2006
..The present population has a greater probability of developing a malocclusion as a consequence of the secular trend toward the reduction of the width of the upper arch...
- Tooth size discrepancies and arch parameters among different malocclusions in a Jordanian sample
Susan N Al-Khateeb
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, 22110 Irbid, Jordan
Angle Orthod 76:459-65. 2006
..In conclusion, tooth size differences were found between right and left sides, between females and males, and between the different malocclusions. Arch width and length also showed differences among the different malocclusions...
- Skeletal characteristics and treatment outcome of five patients with Robin sequence
Maxillofacial Orthognathics, Department of Maxillofacial Reconstruction and Function, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Angle Orthod 76:898-908. 2006
..Significant labial tipping of the lower incisors was required during the active treatment, and all cases finally obtained functional occlusion, indicating the relatively good prognosis on the occlusion of this sequence...
- Aging in the craniofacial complex
Marcus M Dager
Private Practice, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Angle Orthod 78:440-4. 2008
..To describe the dental arch changes occurring after adolescence through the sixth decade of life...
- Comparative evaluation of micro-implant and headgear anchorage used with a pre-adjusted appliance system
Dental Research Institute, School of Stomatology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Eur J Orthod 30:283-7. 2008
..05). Compared with headgear anchorage, micro-implant anchorage may counteract clockwise rotation of the occlusal and mandibular planes and result in different final positions for the maxillary and mandibular incisors...
- Forsus Nitinol Flat Spring and Jasper Jumper corrections of Class II division 1 malocclusions
Department of Orthodontics, Dental Science Center, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Angle Orthod 76:666-72. 2006
..To compare the effects of Forsus Nitinol Flat Spring (FNFS) and Jasper Jumper (JJ) in the correction of Class II division I malocclusions...
- Detection of bone loss with different X-ray techniques in periodontal patients
Ti Sun Kim
Section of Periodontology, Department of Operative Dentistry, University Medical Hospital, Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Periodontol 79:1141-9. 2008
..The aim of this study was to determine to what degree the diagnosable amount of bone loss in patients with aggressive periodontitis or severe chronic periodontitis depends on the type of x-ray technique used...
- Treatment effects of mini-implants for en-masse retraction of anterior teeth in bialveolar dental protrusion patients: a randomized controlled trial
Department of Craniofacial Sciences, Division of Orthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Connecticut, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:18-29.e1. 2008
- Application of Pont's Index to a Jordanian population
Iyad K Al-Omari
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Jordan, Amman, Jordan
Eur J Orthod 29:627-31. 2007
..25 to 0.39. It was concluded that Pont's Index should not be used to pre-determine ideal arch width values in Jordanian individuals...
- Comparison of rate of canine retraction with conventional molar anchorage and titanium implant anchorage
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:30-5. 2008
..The purposes of this study were to measure and compare the rates of canine retraction with titanium microimplant anchorage and conventional molar anchorage...
- A comparison of the effects of 2 mandibular anchorage systems used with a 3-dimensional bimetric maxillary distalizing arch
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
World J Orthod 7:125-33. 2006
..05). Both anchor units similarly enhanced the mandibular first molar anchorage. However, particularly in the utility group, mandibular incisor anchorage control seemed to be inadequate...
- Assessment of skeletal and dental pattern of Class II division 1 malocclusion with relevance to clinical practice
Clinic of Orthodontics, Kaunas University of Medicine, Luksos Daumanto 6, Kaunas LT 50106, Lithuania
Stomatologija 8:3-8. 2006
..The optimal correction of the anteroposterior and vertical dental and skeletal discrepancies could be designed on the base of individual diagnosis for every Class II division 1 patient...
- Cephalometric findings in patients with Papillon-Lefèvre syndrome
Naif A Bindayel
School of Dental Medicine, Tufts University, Boston, Mass, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:138-44. 2008
..The aim of this retrospective study was to investigate the cephalometric findings of patients with PLS...
- Nonsurgical correction of an adult skeletal class III and open-bite malocclusion
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Dicle University, Diyarbakir 21280, Turkey
Angle Orthod 76:527-32. 2006
..The objective in using a reverse headgear was to displace the maxillary teeth toward the mesial and to rotate the maxilla in a clockwise direction...
- Severe crowding and a dilacerated maxillary central incisor in an adolescent
Department of Orthodontics and Craniofacial Developmental Biology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Angle Orthod 76:510-8. 2006
..A shortening of the period of applying orthodontic force on the dilacerated incisor and avoidance of tooth extraction will minimize the risk factors...
- Bolton tooth size discrepancies in skeletal Class I individuals presenting with different dental angle classifications
Department of Orthodontics, Ege University, Bornova Kampus, Izmir, Turkey
Angle Orthod 76:637-43. 2006
- Evaluation of maxillary molar distalization with the distal jet: a comparison with other contemporary methods
Department of Orthodontics, University of Genova, Italy
Angle Orthod 72:481-94. 2002
- Early and late facemask therapy
Department of Orthodontics, Gazi University, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Orthod 23:559-68. 2001
..In both treatment groups forward displacement of maxilla and an increase in overjet were found to be statistically significant (P < 0.01)...
- Tooth-position, arch-size, and arch-shape in the primary dentition
H H Tsai
Department of Pedodontics, School of Dentistry, China Medical College, 91 Hsueh Shih Road, Taichung, 404 Taiwan
ASDC J Dent Child 68:17-22, 10. 2001
..On average, girl's dental arches were smaller than boy's dental arches. The mean curves of mandibular arches in anterior segments were gentler than those of maxillary arches...
- Dental and occlusal changes during mandibular advancement splint therapy in sleep disordered patients
Department of Oral Sciences and Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Eur J Orthod 25:371-6. 2003
..The appliance used produced small, unpredictable changes in the occlusion that tended to occur after 24 months' wear. It is postulated that the changes in overbite might be lessened by keeping the bite opening to a minimum...
- Dentoalveolar response after protraction mask and expansion in males and females in the mixed dentition
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, , Mexico City
J Clin Pediatr Dent 25:113-7. 2001
..No significant changes were seen in all dentoalveolar relationships between the ages of 6 to 9 years and 9 to 12 years and between males and females. Maxillary teeth tended to be proclined, while mandibular teeth to become retroclined...
- An occlusal and cephalometric analysis of maxillary first and second premolar extraction effects
H B Ong
Orthodontic Unit, School of Dental Science, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Angle Orthod 71:90-102. 2001
..A wide range of individual variation in incisor and molar changes did, however, accompany treatment involving both maxillary premolar extraction sequences...
- A critical evaluation of the pitchfork analysis
Department of Orthodontics and Children s Dentistry, Centre for Dental and Oral Medicine, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Eur J Orthod 23:1-14. 2001
..These results indicate that the pitchfork analysis is not sufficiently sensitive to distinguish between the skeletal and dental effects of orthodontic treatment...
- A multi-dimensional orthodontic and prosthodontic study cast analysis
Int J Orthod Milwaukee 14:9-14. 2003
- [Rehabilitation of the anterior portions of the maxilla and mandible by means of implants and bone grafts]
A.Z. Sint-Jan Dienst Mond, Kaak- en Aangezichtschirurgie Ruddershove 10, B-8000 Brugge
Rev Belge Med Dent 56:15-29. 2001
..In the front region, we aim for functional and esthetic reconstruction...
- Implant prosthodontic management of anterior partial edentulism: long-term follow-up of a prospective study
John P Zarb
Prosthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Can Dent Assoc 68:92-6. 2002
..This paper reports on the long-term outcome of patients with Kennedy Class IV partial edentulism treated in the Implant Prosthodontic Unit (IPU) at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario...
- Maxillary retention: is longer better?
D L Destang
University of Glasgow Dental School, Scotland, UK
Eur J Orthod 25:65-9. 2003
..77 and 0.23 mm, respectively, seven subjects in Group 1 showed relapse of more than 3 mm as compared with only one in Group 2. This suggests that retaining a case for 1 year rather than 6 months is clinically beneficial...