Genomes and Genes
Summary: The anteriorly located rigid section of the PALATE.
Publications226 found, 100 shown here
- Normal palatal sutures in newborns and fetuses: a critical fact for successful palatal distractionNond Rojvachiranonda
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Craniofac Surg 14:457-61. 2003..There is no lateral suture that will allow distraction in the medial direction. It is only the posterior hard palate (palatine bones) that can potentially be moved medially and posteriorly by sutural expansion with DO.
- Ectomesenchymal chondromyxoid tumor of the hard palate--a case reportSonu Nigam
Department of Pathology, Maulana Azad Medical College, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, India
J Oral Pathol Med 35:126-8. 2006..We present a case of a 30-year-old male with a nodule in the hard palate, which was reported as ECMT on histopathology...
- Sagittal growth of the facial skeleton of 6-year-old children with a complete unilateral cleft of lip, alveolus and palate treated with two different protocolsWolfgang Zemann
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital Graz, Austria
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 35:343-9. 2007..The purpose of the study was to compare sagittal growth of the facial skeleton of 6-year-old children treated in two cleft centres with different surgical protocols...
- Pattern of tongue pressure on hard palate during swallowingTakahiro Ono
Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka, Japan
Dysphagia 19:259-64. 2004Contact of the tongue against the hard palate plays an important role in swallowing...
- Cephalometric evaluation of long-term craniofacial development in unilateral cleft lip and palate patients treated with delayed hard palate closureP J P M Nollet
Department of Orthodontics and Oral Biology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 37:123-30. 2008..unilateral cleft lip and palate treated with a two-stage palatal closure, including delayed closure of the hard palate. Prediction models for cephalometric outcome at age 18 years were developed with the help of cephalometric ..
- Direct thickness measurements of the hard palate mucosaBeate Schacher
Department of Periodontology, Hospital of the Johan Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt Main, Frankfurt, Germany
Quintessence Int 41:e149-56. 2010..To measure directly the thickness of the palatal mucosa using sharp cannulas and to evaluate potential correlations with gender and body mass index (BMI)...
- Socket reconstruction with combined mucous membrane and hard palate mucosal graftsAlexander C Lee
Division of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, UCSD Department of Ophthalmology, La Jolla, California, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers 33:463-8. 2002To evaluate the use of combined mucous membrane and hard palate mucosal grafts in the reconstruction of contracted eye socket.
- Thickness of masticatory mucosa in the human hard palate and tuberosity dependent on gender and body mass indexJasmina Stipetić
School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 29:243-7. 2005The aim of this study was to clinically determine the thickness of masticatory mucosa in the hard palate and tuberosity as potential donor sites for subepitelial grafts for ridge augmentation procedures of small and moderate alveolar ..
- Local amyloidosis in the hard palate: a case reportJunko Aono
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Institute of Clinical Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki, 305 8575, Japan
Oral Maxillofac Surg 13:119-22. 2009..We present the fifth case in which amyloidosis occurred as a nodule in the hard palate of a 74-year-old woman. The nodule was diagnosed as amyloid light-chain amyloidosis...
- Bone regeneration in the hard palate after cleft palate surgeryNingbei Yin
Plastic Surgery Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Shijingshan District, Beijing, China
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:1239-44. 2005The purpose of this study was to observe bony healing in the hard palate after cleft palate repair and to discuss the factors affecting it.
- Plasmacytoma of the hard palateRagip Ozdemir
Ankara Training and Research Hospital, 1 Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Clinic, Ankara, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 16:164-9. 2005..It usually occurs in the upper respiratory tract, such as the nasal cavity or posterior oropharynx. The authors present a rare plasmacytoma case with maxilla involvement...
- Hard palate deformation in an animal model following quasi-static loading to stimulate that of orthodontic anchorage implantsT Gedrange
Department of Orthodontics, Technical University Dresden, Germany
Eur J Orthod 23:349-54. 2001..The advantage of the two-point load is the generation of a higher stress and therefore improved control of dental fixation. However, further tests are necessary to investigate the long-term effects...
- Squamous cell carcinoma of the maxillary gingiva, alveolus, and hard palate: is there a need for elective neck dissection?Constantinos Mourouzis
Maxillofacial Unit, St Richard s Hospital, Royal West Sussex Trust, Chichester, United Kingdom
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 48:345-8. 2010..We retrospectively studied 17 patients with squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) of the maxillary gingiva, alveolus, and hard palate who were treated over a 7-year period (2000-2007) to investigate whether selective neck dissection is justified ..
- Multifocal melanoacanthoma of the gingiva and hard palateJohn K Brooks
Department of Oncology and Diagnostic Sciences, Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, Dental School, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 650 W Baltimore St, Baltimore, MD 21201 1586, USA
J Periodontol 80:527-32. 2009..This article reports a previously undescribed case of multifocal melanoacanthoma affecting the maxillary and mandibular gingiva and the hard palate. A literature review of melanoacanthoma of the gingiva is also provided.
- [Salivary gland tumor of the hard palate]G Psychogios
Hals Nasen Ohren Klinik, Kopf und Halschirurgie, Universitätsklinikum Erlangen Nürnberg, Erlangen
Laryngorhinootologie 87:579-82. 2008Pleomorphic adenomas of the small salivary glands are very rare and usually arise from the hard palate.
- Lymphomatoid granulomatosis with involvement of the hard palate: a case reportRabie M Shanti
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:2161-3. 2008
- Fanconi anemia manifesting as a squamous cell carcinoma of the hard palate: a case reportGiulio Gasparini
U, O, Maxillofacial Surgery, Catholic University Medical School, Rome, Italy
Head Face Med 2:1. 2006..The authors present a rare case of a squamous cell carcinoma of the hard palate in a Fanconi Anaemia patient. The atypical clinical manifestation rendered the diagnosis more difficult...
- Relations between anterior permanent teeth, dental arches and hard palateNikola Petricevic
Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 32:1099-104. 2008..The width and length of the anterior teeth, the dimensions of the frontal dental arches and the dimensions of the hard palate were measured (24 men and 56 women, age range of 18-30 years)...
- Synovial sarcoma of the hard palateP J Ameerally
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham, UK
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 42:261-3. 2004..We present a case of synovial sarcoma of the hard palate in a 68-year-old woman. To our knowledge, there is no previously reported instance of this tumour at this site.
- Cervical metastasis from squamous cell carcinoma of the maxillary alveolus and hard palateAlfred A Simental
Department of Surgery, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, USA
Laryngoscope 116:1682-4. 2006..The occurrence of occult cervical metastases from squamous cell carcinoma of the hard palate and maxillary alveolar ridge has not been studied systematically...
- A case of Kimura's disease of the hard palateN Terakado
Department of Oral Surgery, Akou Central Hospital, Japan
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 31:222-4. 2002A 33-year-old man presented with Kimura's disease of the hard palate. Serological examination showed no elevation in the number of eosinophils or in IgE level, but histological examination revealed well-developed lymph follicles with ..
- Surgical technique for the correction of postpalatoplasty fistulae of the hard palateArlen D Denny
Department of Plastic Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, and Center for Craniofacial Disorders, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wis 53226, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:383-7. 2005Postpalatoplasty fistulas of the hard palate remain challenging. The reported recurrence rate after surgical correction ranges between 33 and 37 percent...
- Leiomyoma of the hard palate: a case reportMiguel Angel González Sánchez
University of Barcelona Dental School, Barcelona, Spain
Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 12:E221-4. 2007..present the case of a 57-year-old male with a tumor located for the previous four months in the region of the hard palate, adjacent to the left upper premolars...
- Multilobular osteochondrosarcoma of the hard palate in a dogT A Banks
Department of Companion Animal Sciences, University of Queensland, Queensland 4072
Aust Vet J 82:409-12. 2004..A multilobular osteochondrosarcoma of the hard palate with pulmonary metastases was diagnosed...
- Extraskeletal Ewing's sarcoma of the hard palateMi Seon Kang
Department of Pathology, Pusan Paik Hospital, College of Medicine, Inje University, Busan, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 20:687-90. 2005..We report a case of EES arising in the hard palate of 34-yr-old male patient...
- Microvascular radial forearm fasciocutaneous free flap in hard palate reconstructionS Duflo
Fédération d Oto Rhino Laryngologie et Chirurgie Cervico Faciale, CHU La Timone, 264, rue Saint Pierre, 13385 Marseille Cedex 05, France
Eur J Surg Oncol 31:784-91. 2005..To report the reconstruction of palatal defects by microvascular radial forearm fasciocutaneous free flap (RFFF) and to report patient's quality of life outcomes after this procedure...
- Analysis of dental arch relationships in Swedish unilateral cleft lip and palate subjects: 20-year longitudinal consecutive series treated with delayed hard palate closureJan Lilja
Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:606-11. 2006To evaluate the dental arch relationships for a consecutive series from Goteborg, Sweden, who had delayed hard palate closure.
- Hyalinizing clear cell carcinoma of the hard palateTing Kuang Chao
Department of Otolaryngology, Far Eastern Memorial Hospital, Pan Chiao, Taipei, Taiwan
J Laryngol Otol 118:382-4. 2004..Immunohistochemically, these neoplastic cells were positive for cytokeratin, but negative for actin. No recurrence nor distant metastasis was found during the eight-month follow-up period...
- Hard palate perforation due to mucormycosis: report of four casesH A Barrak
Department of Surgery, Medical College of Basra, Iraq
J Laryngol Otol 121:1099-102. 2007..It tends to affect people with immune suppression. The hard palate is a rare site of the disease and few cases have been reported in the literature...
- Basal cell adenocarcinoma of a hard palate minor salivary gland: case report and review of the literatureBryan K Ward
Department of Otolaryngology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Head Neck Oncol 1:41. 2009..Basal cell adenocarcinoma of a minor salivary gland is extremely rare. The goal of this report is to increase awareness of this rare disease and to review and discuss the differential diagnosis and important considerations in treatment...
- Hard palate repair timing and facial growth in cleft lip and palate: a systematic reviewYu Fang Liao
Department of Dentistry, Craniofacial Center, and Sleep Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:563-70. 2006To evaluate the effect of timing of hard palate repair on facial growth in patients with cleft lip and palate, with special reference to cranial base, maxilla, mandible, jaw relation, and incisor relation.
- Calcifications in a clear cell mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the hard palateJ H Yoon
Department of Oral Pathology, BK 21 Project, School of Dentistry, Chosun University, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 34:927-9. 2005..A case of clear cell mucoepidermoid carcinoma (MEC) of the hard palate with extensive intratumoural calcifications visible on computed tomography (CT) scans and histologic sections ..
- Smooth muscle hamartoma of the hard palateH Zaitoun
Paediatric Dentistry, Department and School of Dental Studies, The University of Liverpool, Liverpool, UK
J Oral Pathol Med 36:245-9. 2007..The lesion could be attributed to dysgenesis affecting media of vessels emerging from the incisive foramen. Intra-oral smooth muscle hamartomas tend to favour regions featuring complex developmental events...
- Eyelid reconstruction using a hard palate mucoperiosteal graft combined with a V-Y subcutaneously pedicled flapO Ito
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kagawa Medical University, Japan
Br J Plast Surg 54:106-11. 2001..Eyelids were successfully reconstructed after removal of malignant tumours in four patients using a hard palate mucoperiosteal graft combined with a curved V-Y subcutaneously pedicled flap...
- MALT lymphoma of the paranasal sinuses and the hard palate: report of two cases and review of the literatureStefan Tauber
Institute of Pathology, Academic Hospital Munich Bogenhausen, Munich, Germany
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 263:19-22. 2006..The authors report on two such cases of MALT lymphoma, one of the hard palate in a 71-year-old woman and the other of the paranasal sinuses in a 69-year-old woman with the history of ..
- Maxillary growth controversies after two-stage palatal repair with delayed hard palate closure in unilateral cleft lip and palate patients: perspectives from literature and personal experienceHans Friede
Department of Orthodontics, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 44:129-36. 2007To analyze published papers dealing with delayed hard palate repair within a two-stage palatal surgery protocol in treatment of cleft lip and palate. Timing of the procedures, methods used, as well as growth results were considered.
- Carcinoma of the hard palate treated with radiotherapy: a retrospective review of 31 casesA Yorozu
Christie Hospital, Wilmslow Road, M20 4BX, Manchester, UK
Oral Oncol 37:493-7. 2001There are few studies reporting the results of radical radiotherapy for carcinoma of the hard palate. We have examined our results of patients treated within a single institution, and assessed survival, local control and morbidity...
- Unusual vascular hamartoma of the hard palate. A case reportA De Biase
Institute of Dentistry Division I, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 51:157-9. 2002..The case of an unusual vascular hamartoma localised in the hard palate of a 50-year-old female with no significant medical or family history is reported...
- Cicatricial entropion repair with hard palate mucous membrane graft: surgical technique and outcomesBrighu N Swamy
Drummoyne Eye Surgical Centre, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 36:348-52. 2008The use of a hard palate mucous membrane graft (HPMMG) has been previously described for upper and lower eyelid cicatricial entropion repair...
- Hard palate repair timing and facial morphology in unilateral cleft lip and palate: Before versus after pubertal peak velocity ageYu Fang Liao
Department of Dentistry, Craniofacial Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:259-65. 2006To investigate whether timing of hard palate repair, before versus after pubertal peak velocity age, had a significant effect on facial growth in patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate.
- Hard palate necrosis after bilateral internal maxillary artery embolization for epistaxisJoel Guss
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Pennsylvania, and the Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Laryngoscope 117:1683-4. 2007..We describe the case of a patient who developed unilateral necrosis of the mucosa overlying the hard palate after undergoing bilateral internal maxillary artery embolization...
- Subperiosteal midface lift with or without a hard palate mucosal graft for correction of lower eyelid retractionGuy J Ben Simon
Jules Stein Eye Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, USA
Ophthalmology 113:1869-73. 2006To compare functional and surgical outcomes of a subperiosteal midface lift with and without the placement of a hard palate mucosal graft (HPMG) in patients with lower eyelid retraction.
- Autogenous hard palate mucosa: the ideal lower eyelid spacer?M J Wearne
Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 85:1183-7. 2001..This study reviewed the results of autogenous palatal mucosa in the treatment of lower eyelid displacement, including assessment of any donor site morbidity...
- Sialolipoma of the hard palateTakayoshi Sakai
The First Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Dentistry, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Oral Pathol Med 35:376-8. 2006..Histopathology 2001; 38: 30) in 2001. We report this rare case of sialolipoma in the hard palate. A 60-year-old Japanese woman was referred to our department complaining of a painless swelling on the right ..
- Combined hard palate spacer graft, midface suspension, and lateral canthoplasty for lower eyelid retraction: a tripartite approachMunjal P Patel
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The New York Presbyterian Hospital and Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:2105-14; discussion 2115-7. 2005....
- Comparison of the efficacy of hard palate grafts with acellular human dermis grafts in lower eyelid surgeryTina G Li
Department of Ophthalmology, Jules Stein Eye Institute, Fontana, California, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 116:873-8; discussion 879-80. 2005..Different graft materials have been used, including autogenous hard palate and AlloDerm.
- Graft contraction: a comparison of acellular dermis versus hard palate mucosa in lower eyelid surgeryScot A Sullivan
Department of Ophthalmology, Dean A McGee Eye Institute, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Ophthal Plast Reconstr Surg 19:14-24. 2003To compare graft contraction rates of acellular dermis versus hard palate mucosa when used as free spacer grafts in lower eyelid surgery and to provide clinical outcome data.
- Influence of early hard palate closure in unilateral and bilateral cleft lip and palate on maxillary transverse growth during the first four years of ageBernhard Lehner
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Erlangen, Erlangen, Germany
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 40:126-30. 2003To evaluate and compare the effects of early primary closure of the hard palate on the anterior and posterior width of the maxillary arch in children with bilateral (BCLP) and unilateral (UCLP) cleft lip and palate during the first 4 ..
- Long-term evidence for favorable midfacial growth after delayed hard palate repair in UCLP patientsH Friede
Department of Orthodontics, Goteborg University, Box 450, SE 40530 Goteborg, Sweden
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 38:323-9. 2001To investigate whether delayed hard palate repair resulted in better midfacial growth in the long term than previously achieved with "conventional" surgical methods of palatal closure.
- Human papillomavirus, type 40-associated papilloma, and concurrent Kaposi's sarcoma involving the anterior hard palate of an HIV-positive manK Mark Anderson
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, The Ohio State University, College of Dentistry, Columbus 43218 2357, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 95:80-4. 2003..Recent evidence suggests a sexual mode of transmission for this virus. We report an HIV-positive man with a large, HPV type 40-associated papilloma of the anterior palate and a previously undiagnosed focus of Kaposi's sarcoma...
- Prenatal diagnostics of cleft deformities and its significance for parent and infant careAnnegret Heinrich
Department of Orthodontics, Preventive and Pediatric Dentistry, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Germany
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 34:14-6. 2006....
- Unilateral complete cleft lip and palate repair using lip adhesion combined with a passive intraoral alveolar molding appliance: surgical results and the effect on the maxillary alveolar archByung Chae Cho
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Daegu, Korea
Plast Reconstr Surg 117:1510-29. 2006..A number of combined maxillary orthopedic and surgical treatment protocols have been proposed for the initial phase of therapy for infants with a complete cleft lip and palate...
- Infant orthopedics has no effect on maxillary arch dimensions in the deciduous dentition of children with complete unilateral cleft lip and palate (Dutchcleft)Catharina A M Bongaarts
Department of Orthodontics and Oral Biology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, 309 Tandheelkunde, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:665-72. 2006..Evaluation of the effect of infant orthopedics on maxillary arch dimensions in the deciduous dentition in patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate...
- Superiorly based facial artery musculomucosal flap for large anterior palatal fistulae in cleftsAnindya Lahiri
Plastic Surgery, Birmingham Children s Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 44:523-7. 2007An anterior hard palate fistula for which more than one attempt at repair using local tissue has failed is a difficult complication in cleft surgery...
- Results of randomized controlled trial of soft palate first versus hard palate first repair in unilateral complete cleft lip and palateBruce Richard
Western Regional Hospital, Pokhara, Nepal
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:329-38. 2006To compare the outcomes for primary repair of unilateral cleft lip and palate, operating on the soft palate first versus the hard palate first.
- A modified approach toward management of complete cleft of lip and palate in slightly older children-the complete palate repair firstArun Goel
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 65:153-4. 2007
- One- or two-stage palate closure in patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate: comparing cephalometric and occlusal outcomesSilke Stein
Department of Orthodontics, University of Freiburg, Germany
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 44:13-22. 2007To assess facial growth and dentoalveolar development in two groups of patients with complete unilateral cleft lip and palate. Primary surgical treatment differed in the timing of hard palate closure.
- Canalicular adenoma of the palate: case report and literature reviewSteven E Smullin
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Temple University School of Dentistry, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:32-6. 2004..The lesion presented herein was an asymptomatic ulcerated mass with significant bone erosion. The tumor was managed surgically with excision and reconstruction of the resulting palatal defect with a full temporalis muscle flap...
- Closure of a large palatal fistula with maxillary segmental distraction osteogenesis in a cleft palate patientAlper Alkan
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kayseri Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 44:112-5. 2007..The size of the large palatal fistula was reduced by approximating the segments to each other with maxillary anterior segmental distraction osteogenesis to make it more manageable using conventional mucosal flaps...
- The square flap method for cleft palate repairJing Hong Xu
Department of Plastic Surgery, The First Affiliated Hospital, College of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 44:579-84. 2007..To introduce a new surgical technique for repair of cleft palate using the square flap method...
- Hard palate repair timing and facial growth in unilateral cleft lip and palate: a longitudinal studyYu Fang Liao
Department of Dentistry, Craniofacial Center, and Sleep Center, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:547-56. 2006To investigate whether timing of hard palate repair had a significant effect on facial growth in patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate (UCLP).
- Dentocraniofacial morphology of 21 patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate: a cephalometric studyMiranda Corbo
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, Queen Fabiola University Children s Hospital, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 42:618-24. 2005....
- The first cleft palate simulatorShailesh Vadodaria
Department of Plastic Surgery, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Plast Reconstr Surg 120:259-61. 2007
- Long-term follow-up of UCLP at the Reine Fabiola Children's HospitalA De Mey
Department of Plastic Surgery, Free University Brussels, Belgium
B-ENT 2:44-50. 2006....
- A randomized control trial investigating the effect of presurgical orthopedics on feeding in infants with cleft lip and/or palateA G Masarei
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Trust, London, UK
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 44:182-93. 2007..To investigate the controversial assertion that presurgical orthopedics (PSO) facilitate feeding in infants with cleft lip and palate...
- Two-flap palatoplasty: 20-year experience and evolution of surgical techniqueKenneth E Salyer
International Craniofacial Institute and the Department of Plastic Surgery, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Plast Reconstr Surg 118:193-204. 2006..The two-flap palatoplasty was described more than 30 years ago, but there are few reports of long-term results using this technique. There are also very few long-term series of a single method of palatoplasty from a single surgeon...
- Palate morphology after unilateral and bilateral cleft lip and palate closureH Schliephake
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, George Augusta University, Gottingen, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 35:25-30. 2006The aim of the present study was to compare the morphology of the hard palate of patients with uni- and bilateral cleft lip and palate after palatoplasty using vomer and palatal pedicled flaps with the palatal morphology of non-cleft ..
- Non-syndromal oro-facial clefts in the Canterbury/ West Coast region, 1960-2000Peter Fowler
Hospital Dental Service, Oral Health Centre, Christchurch Hospital
N Z Dent J 101:72-4. 2005..It is expected that this could provide the basis for a more detailed, robust and standardised database for future analysis...
- Surgery of the cleft palate: repair using the operating microscope with radical muscle retropositioning--the GostA approachB C Sommerlad
Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
B-ENT 2:32-4. 2006..However, the learning curve is long...
- [Late phoniatric results of treatment of patients with cleft palate operated on by one surgeon]Piotr Wojcicki
Klinika Chirurgii Plastycznej AM we Wrocławiu, Oddział Chirurgii Plastycznej Specjalistycznego Centrum Medycznego w Polanicy Zdroju
Otolaryngol Pol 61:166-70. 2007..All children with clefts were operated on by classical methods with the use of mucoperiosteal flaps for complete clefts according to Veauís method and soft palate clefts--Kilner-Wardill's method...
- Comparative study of maxillary growth and occlusal outcome after autogenous rib grafting in complete cleft palate defectYan Wang
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, The People s Republic of China
J Craniofac Surg 17:68-79. 2006..Normal cleft palate repairing surgery only repairs soft tissue defects, whereas bone defects in the hard palate still exist...
- Direct gingivoperiosteoplasty with palatoplastyWilliam D Losquadro
Department of Otolaryngology and Communication Sciences, State University of New York, Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Facial Plast Surg 23:140-5. 2007..Preliminary data suggest bone growth capable of supporting tooth eruption without significant growth disturbances in a majority of patients treated with this protocol...
- Roles of palatine bone denudation repairing with free buccal or palatal mucosal graft on maxillary growth: an experimental study in rabbitsTian Meng
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
Ann Plast Surg 59:323-8. 2007Most surgical repairs of cleft palate result in areas of bone denudation on lateral aspects of the hard palate. The present study was designed to investigate growth patterns of the maxilla following palatal bone denudation covering with ..
- Elimination of palatal fistula after the maxillary swing procedureRaymond W M Ng
Division of Head and Neck Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, China
Head Neck 27:608-12. 2005..We describe a modified palatal incision to reduce the incidence of palatal fistula associated with the maxillary swing procedure...
- [Reconstruction of the palate vault by free forearm cutaneous flap in oncology]B Guelfucci
, CHU Timone, 13385 Marseille
Ann Otolaryngol Chir Cervicofac 118:233-7. 2001..Trismus was the most frequent complication (7 cases). The free radial forearm flap is the gold standard surgical treatment for superior maxillary defects. In these patients, and exclusive skin flap enables complete reconstruction...
- [Simultaneous repair of cleft lip and closure of cleft hard palate with vomer flaps in patients with unilateral complete cleft lip and palate]Wanshan Li
Center of Cleft Lip and Palate, Children s Hospital, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400014, China
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 21:34-5, 47. 2003The purpose of this study was to retrospect the prognosis of simultaneous repair of cleft lip and closure of cleft hard palate with vomer flaps in patients with unilateral complete cleft lip and palate.
- The temporalis muscle flap in reconstruction of intraoral defects: an appraisal of the techniqueA Omar Abubaker
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, PO Box 980566, Medical College of Virginia, Hospitals of Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 94:24-30. 2002..The purpose of this article is to review the experience of the authors in the use of the temporalis muscle flap for reconstruction of intraoral defects...
- Cephalometric assessment of cranial abnormalities in patients with acromegalySimona Dostálová
Department of Neurology, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 31:80-7. 2003..Patients with acromegaly (12 women, 26 men) and a control group (36 women, 50 men) were chosen for cephalometry to assess the size, shape and positional characteristics of the craniofacial bones and the upper airways...
- Surgical management of pleomorphic adenoma of the palateAnwar B Bataineh
Faculty of Dentistry, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid Jordan
J Ir Dent Assoc 48:126-31. 2002..The purpose of this article is to present an intraoral technique, which allows a wide local excision of pleomorphic adenoma of the palate with adequate mucosal and periosteal margins...
- [A histological study on healing process of palatal wound with denuded bone restored with transplanted buccal or palatal mucosa]Zhiyong Wang
Nanjing Stomatologic Hospital, Nanjing
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 20:326-9. 2002..The purpose of this study was to observe the healing process of palate wound with denuded bone restored with transplanted buccal or palatal mucosa and to elucidate the mechanism of maxillary growth inhibition following palate repair...
- A cephalometric inter-centre comparison of growth in children with cleft lip and palateMaren J Gaukroger
Eastman Dental Institute for Oral Health Care Sciences, University College London, London, UK
J Orthod 29:113-7. 2002..To examine whether the treatment provided by the Mount Vernon Cleft Team produces craniofacial growth outcomes comparable with that of the Oslo Team...
- Comparison between the palatal configurations in complete and incomplete unilateral cleft lip and palate infants under 18 months of ageK Mishima
First Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Okayama University, Okayama City, Japan
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 38:49-54. 2001..This suggested that any influence of the Hotz appliance might be less in incomplete UCLP than in complete UCLP...
- Early maxillary growth in complete cleft lip, alveolus and palate patients following Widmaier-Perko's, or a modified Furlow's technique of soft palate repairMaurice Y Mommaerts
Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies Team, General Hospital St Jan, Bruges, Belgium
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 31:209-14. 2003..The aim was to study the differences in early maxillary growth following the use of two techniques for soft palate repair in complete cleft lip, alveolus and palate patients...
- A comparison of three methods of repairing the hard palateR W Pigott
Department of Speech and Language Therapy, Frenchay Healthcare NHS Trust, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, United Kingdom
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 39:383-91. 2002To compare growth, speech, and nasal symmetry outcomes of three methods of hard palate repair.
- Spectral analysis of prespeech sounds (spontaneous cries) in infants with unilateral cleft lip and palate (UCLP): a pilot studyKathleen Wermke
Institute of Anthropology of the Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 39:285-94. 2002....
- The use of palatal rugae for the assessment of anteroposterior tooth movementsB R Hoggan
Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, 801 S. Paulina St, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 119:482-8. 2001..These findings suggest that ruga landmarks can be used as reliably as cephalometric superimpositions to assess anteroposterior molar movements...
- [Solitary circumscribed neuroma (palisaded encapsulated neuroma) of the oral mucosa]T Lombardi
Division de Stomatologie, Faculté de Médecine de Genève, Suisse, France
Ann Dermatol Venereol 129:229-32. 2002..The involvement of the oral mucosa or of the vermilion border of the lips is rare...
- Combining orthodontic tooth movement with distraction osteogenesis to close cleft spaces and improve maxillary arch form in cleft lip and palate patientsStephen L K Yen
Center for Cranial Molecular Biology, University of Southern California, Children s Hospital Los Angeles, 4650 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90027, USA
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 127:224-32. 2005
- Cephalometric and occlusal outcome in adults with unilateral cleft lip, palate, and alveolus after two different surgical techniquesAlexander Gaggl
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital, Graz, Austria
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 40:249-55. 2003..To assess differences in the aesthetic and functional long-term results of one-stage and two-stage surgical and orthodontic treatment in patients with cleft lip, palate, and alveolus...
- Relationships between nasalance scores and nasopharyngeal shapes in cleft palate patientsKatsuaki Mishima
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Reconstructive Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 36:11-4. 2008..The aim of the present study is to clarify the relationship between nasalance scores and nasopharyngeal shapes obtained by lateral cephalograms...
- A longitudinal study of speech production in Swedish children with unilateral cleft lip and palate and two-stage palatal repairAnette Lohmander
Speech and Language Pathology Unit, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, Sahlgrenska Academy at Goteborg University, Goteborg, Sweden
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 45:32-41. 2008..To describe speech production longitudinally in a group of children with unilateral cleft lip and palate (UCLP)...
- Constriction of the maxillary dental arch by mucoperiosteal denudation of the palateTakenori Kim
Orthodontics, Department of Oral Functional Science, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 39:425-31. 2002..This study examined the influence of two factors in the constriction of the maxillary dental arch by mucoperiosteal denudation of the palate: (1) inhibition of lateral growth and (2) medial inclination of teeth...
- Viewing of the soft and the hard palate on routine 3-D ultrasound sweep of the fetal face--a feasibility studyH S Wong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Otago, Wellington, New Zealand
Fetal Diagn Ther 24:146-54. 2008..To report a technique to view the fetal soft and hard palates, utilizing acquired routine 3-D volumes of the fetal face...
- Craniofacial cephalometric morphology in six-year-old girls with submucous cleft palate and isolated cleft palateArja Heliövaara
Cleft Center, Department of Plastic Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Odontol Scand 61:363-6. 2003..The slight skeletal retrusion was significantly more masked by soft tissue in patients with SMCP. The patients with SMCP showed higher values for soft tissue maxillary and mandibular prominence...
- [Influence to maxillary development by repairing denudated palates with buccal mucosa and palatal mucosa]Dawei Lu
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 21:379-82. 2003..To provide experimental data of different oral mucosa suitable to repair denudated palate...
- An uncommon cleft subtype of unilateral cleft lip and palateT Yamanishi
First Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Graduate School of Dentistry, Osaka University, 1 8 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka, Japan
J Dent Res 87:164-8. 2008..of unilateral cleft lip and palate (UCLP), in which the vomer is detached from the non-cleft-side secondary hard palate, negatively influences palatal development, and this hypothesis was tested...
- Barx1, growth factors and apoptosis in facial tissue of children with cleftsBenita Krivicka-Uzkurele
Institute of Anatomy and Anthropology, Riga Stradins University, 9 Kronvalda boulevard, Riga, Latvia, LV 1010
Stomatologija 10:62-6. 2008..The aim of this study was investigation of palate tissue in children with unilateral cleft lip palate for detection of local tissue growth factors, barx1 and apoptosis...
- Dento-alveolar development in unilateral cleft lip, alveolus and palateMakoto Noguchi
Department of Oral Surgery, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 31:137-41. 2003....
- [The influence to maxillary growth by exposed bone wound in hard palate of rat]Qing gao Song
Dept of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 22:13-5. 2004To confirm if denuded bone on lateral aspects of the hard palate of surgical repairs of the cleft palate is the main reason of causing disturbance of facial growth and to investigate the mechanism.
- [Maxillary growth following tissue engineered oral mucosal implantation on mucoperiosteal denudated palate process in young rat]Bing Shi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 21:255-8. 2003..To observe the effectiveness of prevention and cure for maxillary growth deformity following tissue engineered oral mucosa implantation on mucoperiosteal denuded palate process in young rat...
- Closure of palatal defects following excision of palatal pleomorphic adenomasAlper Alkan
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Erciyes University, Kayseri, Turkey
J Contemp Dent Pract 9:99-107. 2008..The purpose of this study is to compare different palatal defect closure techniques following excision of palatal pleomorphic adenomas (PPA) in four cases and to review the associated dental literature...
- Targeting the DNA Damage Response for the Treatment of Herpes Simplex LabialisWILLIAM DONEGAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..as herpes simplex labialis (HSL), primary herpetic gingivostomatis, and intraoral vesicles that arise in the hard palate and attached gingival...
- Clinical corticosteroid therapy: Impact on oral mucosal wound healingCHRISTOPHER ENGELAND; Fiscal Year: 2009..Subjects will then have three small wounds placed on the oral hard palate by a periodontist...
- Spatial Organization of the Oral MicrobiomeFloyd E Dewhirst; Fiscal Year: 2013..of the oral microbiome for 9 oral niches: subgingival plaque, supragingival plaque, keratinized gingivae, hard palate, tongue dorsum, buccal mucosa, palatine tonsils, throat, and saliva...
- Linguapalatal Contact Pressures During SpeechJEFFREY SEARL; Fiscal Year: 2003..Despite the fact that tongue contact with the hard palate is a critical event for normal speech production, data regarding the strength of that contact during speech are ..
- ORAL MUCOSA MICROBIOTA IN HEALTH, CANCER & MUCOSITISDonna Mager; Fiscal Year: 2004..Samples will be taken from the dorsum, lateral and ventral surfaces of the tongue, floor of mouth, cheek, hard palate, vestibule/lip, attached gingiva and saliva as well as supra and subgingival plaque of the mesial aspect of ..
- GUSTATORY AFFERENT ORGANIZATION IN THE SOLITARY NUCLEUSSusan Travers; Fiscal Year: 1990..circumvallate papillae on the posterior tongue, on the buccal wall, in and around the nasoincisor ducts of the hard palate, and on the soft palate...
- Rap 1-Mediated Protein Transport in Oral CancerNISHA D SILVA; Fiscal Year: 2006..The significance of this research is that it explores an important and novel mechanism for nucleocytoplasmic transport of pro-proliferative proteins in oral cancer, thereby identifying novel treatment targets. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Quantitative Modeling of SpeechBrad H Story; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Bioengineering Analysis of Muscle Mechanics & MetabolismSRBOLJUB MIJAILOVICH; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Stimulation of ASC Osteogenic Potential In vivoPatricia Zuk; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RAP1A AND RAP1B IN THE DIAGNOSIS AND TMT - ORAL CANCERNISHA D SILVA; Fiscal Year: 2004..The third segment involves the design of a protocol to investigate the use of rap1A in gene therapy to treat residual epithelial dysplasia or squamous cell carcinoma lesions. ..
- PHENOTYPE AND FUNCTION OF SENESCENT KERATINOCYTESBrian Nickoloff; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- ANATOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF THE VOCAL TRACT--MRI PROCEDURESHOURI VORPERIAN; Fiscal Year: 2002..The findings of this study contribute to knowledge on craniofacial development, and are of theoretical and clinical significance particularly in the areas of speech development and speech production. ..
- IMMUNOPATHOGENESIS OF PSORIASISBrian Nickoloff; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Diabetes in Neuropsychiatric DisordersBrian Kirkpatrick; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will assess whether schizophrenia is associated with impaired glucose tolerance, and whether this abnormality predicts the subsequent risk of impaired fasting glucose with olanzapine administration. ..
- Mineral and Mechanical Properties of BoneSarandeep Huja; Fiscal Year: 2005..Future interventional studies will examine the mechanisms for the initial and the long-term adaptive response in material properties of bone. ..
- Cell Death in Normal and Diseased Human EpidermisBrian Nickoloff; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of P4H in Tissue-Titanium IntegrationTakahiro Ogawa; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..