Genomes and Genes
Summary: The transparent, semigelatinous substance that fills the cavity behind the crystalline lens of the EYE and in front of the RETINA. It is contained in a thin hyoid membrane and forms about four fifths of the optic globe.
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- High-mobility group box-1 and biomarkers of inflammation in the vitreous from patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathyAhmed M Abu El-Asrar
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Mol Vis 17:1829-38. 2011..In addition, we examined the expression of HMGB1 in the retinas of diabetic mice...
- Dexamethasone intravitreal implant for noninfectious intermediate or posterior uveitisCareen Lowder
Cleveland Clinic Cole Eye Institute, 9500 Euclid Ave, i 32, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 129:545-53. 2011..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of 2 doses of dexamethasone intravitreal implant (DEX implant) for treatment of noninfectious intermediate or posterior uveitis...
- Chemokines in proliferative diabetic retinopathy and proliferative vitreoretinopathyAhmed M Abu El-Asrar
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, King Saud University, King Abdulaziz University Hospital, Airport Road, PO Box 245, Riyadh 11411, Saudi Arabia
Eur Cytokine Netw 17:155-65. 2006....
- Proinflammatory cytokines and angiogenic and anti-angiogenic factors in vitreous of patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy and eales' diseasePonnalagu Murugeswari
Department of Immunology, Dr G Venkataswamy Eye Research Institute, Aravind Medical Research Foundation, Tamilnadu, India
Retina 28:817-24. 2008....
- Polymerase chain reaction analysis of aqueous and vitreous specimens in the diagnosis of posterior segment infectious uveitisThomas W Harper
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 147:140-147.e2. 2009..To assess polymerase chain reaction (PCR) analysis of intraocular fluid as a test for infectious uveitis of the posterior segment in a representative patient population...
- IL-10 measurement in aqueous humor for screening patients with suspicion of primary intraocular lymphomaNathalie Cassoux
Department of Ophthalmology, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3253-9. 2007..To determine the value of IL-10 measurement in aqueous humor (AH) for screening in primary intraocular lymphoma (PIOL)...
- Vitreous concentrations of triamcinolone acetonide in human eyes after intravitreal or subtenon injectionMakoto Inoue
Department of Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 138:1046-8. 2004..To compare vitreous concentrations of triamcinolone acetonide (TA) achieved by prior therapeutic intravitreal and subtenon injections...
- Determination of vitreous interleukin-1 (IL-1) and tumour necrosis factor (TNF) levels in proliferative diabetic retinopathyN Demircan
Department of Ophthalmology, Cukurova University, Faculty of Medicine, Adana Turkey, Balcali, Turkey
Eye (Lond) 20:1366-9. 2006..05), as did serum IL-1beta and TNF-alpha. We suggest that increased vitreous IL-1beta and TNF-alpha levels may play a significant role in the pathogenesis of PDR, which features abnormal cell proliferation and neovascularisation...
- Pharmacokinetics of intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin)Sophie J Bakri
Department of Ophthalmology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Ophthalmology 114:855-9. 2007..To describe the pharmacokinetics of 1.25 mg of intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin)...
- Association of vitreous inflammatory factors with diabetic macular edemaHideharu Funatsu
Department of Ophthalmology, Yachiyo Medical Center, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Yachiyo, Japan
Ophthalmology 116:73-9. 2009..To evaluate the association between vitreous inflammatory factors and the severity of diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Matrix metalloproteinases and metalloproteinase inhibitors in human interphotoreceptor matrix and vitreousJ J Plantner
Department of Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106 5068, USA
Curr Eye Res 17:132-40. 1998..We wished to establish which matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) and metalloproteinase inhibitors (TIMPs) were present in human interphotoreceptor matrix (IPM) and vitreous...
- Proteomic analysis of human vitreous fluid by fluorescence-based difference gel electrophoresis (DIGE): a new strategy for identifying potential candidates in the pathogenesis of proliferative diabetic retinopathyM Garcia-Ramirez
Diabetes Research Unit, Endocrinology Division, Vall d Hebron University Hospital Research Institute, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Diabetologia 50:1294-303. 2007..The mRNA of proteins differentially produced was also assessed in the retinas from diabetic and non-diabetic donors...
- Characterization of the vitreous proteome in diabetes without diabetic retinopathy and diabetes with proliferative diabetic retinopathyBen Bo Gao
Research Division, Beetham Eye Institute, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Proteome Res 7:2516-25. 2008..These data provide an in depth analysis of the human vitreous proteome and reveal protein alterations that are associated with PDR...
- Intraocular expression and release of high-mobility group box 1 protein in retinal detachmentNoboru Arimura
Department of Ophthalmology, Kagoshima University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Kagoshima, Japan
Lab Invest 89:278-89. 2009..Extracellular HMGB1 might be an important mediator in RD, potentially acting as a chemotactic factor for RPE cell migration that would lead to an ocular pathological wound-healing response...
- Outcomes and risk factors associated with endophthalmitis after intravitreal injection of anti-vascular endothelial growth factor agentsChirag P Shah
Ophthalmic Consultants of Boston, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Ophthalmology 118:2028-34. 2011..To describe outcomes of and risk factors for endophthalmitis after intravitreal anti-vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) injection...
- Fluocinolone acetonide intravitreal implant for diabetic macular edema: a 3-year multicenter, randomized, controlled clinical trialP Andrew Pearson
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
Ophthalmology 118:1580-7. 2011..We studied the 3-year efficacy and safety results of a 4-year study evaluating fluocinolone acetonide (FA) intravitreal implants in eyes with persistent or recurrent diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Sterile endophthalmitis after intravitreal injection of bevacizumab obtained from a single batchKenji Yamashiro
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawahara, Shogoin, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Retina 30:485-90. 2010..The purpose of this study was to report 14 consecutive cases of endophthalmitis after intravitreal injection of bevacizumab (Avastin; Roche, Basel, Switzerland) obtained from a single batch...
- Effect of triamcinolone acetonide on vascular endothelial growth factor and occludin levels in branch retinal vein occlusionIan L McAllister
Lions Eye Institute, Centre for Ophthalmology and Visual Science, The University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Am J Ophthalmol 147:838-46, 846.e1-2. 2009..To investigate the molecular mechanism by which triamcinolone acetonide (TA) may reduce edema in a porcine model of branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO)...
- Proteomic analysis of vitreous from diabetic macular edemaMasayuki Ouchi
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kawaramachi Hirokoji Kamigyo ku, Kyoto 602 0841, Kyoto, Japan
Exp Eye Res 81:176-82. 2005..On the other hand, Apo H was expressed only in non-DME. Certain vitreous proteins expressed exclusively in DME and lacked in DME. These chemical mediators in the posterior vitreous may play a role in the pathogenesis of DME...
- Intravitreal bevacizumab for prevention of early postvitrectomy hemorrhage in diabetic patients: a randomized clinical trialHamid Ahmadieh
Ophthalmic Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Ophthalmology 116:1943-8. 2009..To evaluate the effect of preoperative intravitreal bevacizumab (IVB) injection on the rate of early (< or =4 weeks) postvitrectomy hemorrhage in patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR)...
- Detection and gram discrimination of bacterial pathogens from aqueous and vitreous humor using real-time PCR assaysPaulo José Martins Bispo
Laboratório Especial de Microbiologia Clínica LEMC, Infectious Diseases Division, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:873-81. 2011..To develop and apply real-time PCR protocols to the detection and classification of the Gram status of bacterial pathogens in aqueous and vitreous humor collected from clinically suspected intraocular infections...
- Identification and localization of major soluble vitreous proteins in human ocular tissueCharlie W Wu
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 137:655-61. 2004..To identify the major soluble proteins from human vitreous, and to establish a baseline for comparison of vitreous samples from eyes with various diseases...
- Primary vitreoretinal lymphoma: a report from an International Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma Collaborative Group symposiumChi Chao Chan
Immunopathology Section, Laboratory of Immunology, National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1857, USA
Oncologist 16:1589-99. 2011..Because of the disease rarity, international, multicenter, collaborative efforts are required to better understand the biology and pathogenesis of PVRL as well as to define both diagnostic markers and optimal therapies...
- Vitreous substitutes: a comprehensive reviewTeri T Kleinberg
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, USA
Surv Ophthalmol 56:300-23. 2011..Finally, we attempt to define the future role of biomaterials research and the various functions they may serve in the area of vitreous substitutes...
- Label-free LC-MSMS analysis of vitreous from autoimmune uveitis reveals a significant decrease in secreted Wnt signalling inhibitors DKK3 and SFRP2Stefanie M Hauck
Research Unit Protein Science, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
J Proteomics 75:4545-54. 2012..Furthermore, retinal expression levels and patterns of DKK3 change in response to ERU. Since many other regulated proteins identified here are associated with RMG cells, these cells qualify as the prime responders to autoimmune triggers...
- Evaluation of the levofloxacin release characters from a rabbit foldable capsular vitreous bodyZhaoxin Jiang
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 7:1-10. 2012The authors have manufactured a novel rabbit foldable capsular vitreous body (FCVB)...
- TNF-alpha-induced optic nerve degeneration and nuclear factor-kappaB p65Yasushi Kitaoka
Department of Ophthalmology, Doheny Eye Institute, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:1448-57. 2006..To characterize a model of optic nerve axonal degeneration induced by tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha and to determine the role of nuclear factor (NF)-kappaB p65 in axonal degeneration...
- Outcomes of vitrectomy with inferior retinectomy in patients with recurrent rhegmatogenous retinal detachments and proliferative vitreoretinopathyPolly A Quiram
Jules Stein Eye Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Ophthalmology 113:2041-7. 2006..To report the anatomic and functional outcomes of patients treated with vitrectomy and inferior retinectomy for recurrent, rhegmatogenous retinal detachment complicated by proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR)...
- Characteristics of severe intraocular inflammation following intravitreal injection of bevacizumab (Avastin)M Georgopoulos
Department of Ophthalmology, Medical University of, Vienna, Spitalgasse 23, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Br J Ophthalmol 93:457-62. 2009..This procedure is performed on a rapidly increasing number worldwide, and rare complications such as intraocular inflammation, endophthalmitis or intraocular haemorrhage are gaining in importance in clinical routine...
- Severe intraocular inflammation after intravitreal injection of bevacizumabTatsuhiko Sato
Department of Ophthalmology, Osaka Rosai Hospital, Sakai, Japan
Ophthalmology 117:512-6, 516.e1-2. 2010..To report 5 cases of severe intraocular inflammation that developed after an intravitreal injection of the same lot of bevacizumab...
- Comprehensive analysis of inflammatory immune mediators in vitreoretinal diseasesTakeru Yoshimura
Department of Ophthalmology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
PLoS ONE 4:e8158. 2009..Major three factors: IL-6, IL-8, and MCP-1 were strongly correlated with each other indicating a common pathway involved in inflammation process in vitreoretinal diseases...
- Treatment of posterior uveitis with a fluocinolone acetonide implant: three-year clinical trial resultsDavid G Callanan
Texas Retina Associates, 1001 N Waldrop Dr, Ste 512, Arlington, TX 76012, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 126:1191-201. 2008..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of 0.59-mg and 2.1-mg fluocinolone acetonide (FA) intravitreous implants in noninfectious posterior uveitis...
- Clinical device-related article evaluation of morphology and functions of a foldable capsular vitreous body in the rabbit eyeJiajia Chen
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510060, China
J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 97:396-404. 2011We previously proposed a new strategy to replace a vitreous body with a novel foldable capsular vitreous body (FCVB)...
- Intravitreal bevacizumab for surgical treatment of severe proliferative diabetic retinopathyRaffaello di Lauro
Department of Ophthalmology, Hospital C T O of Naples, Naples, Italy
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 248:785-91. 2010..The purpose of this study is to evaluate the role, the safety and the effectiveness of intravitreal bevacizumab (IVB) injections as an adjunct to vitrectomy in the management of severe proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR)...
- Origin and turnover of ECM proteins from the inner limiting membrane and vitreous bodyW Halfter
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 14262, USA
Eye (Lond) 22:1207-13. 2008The inner limiting membrane (ILM) and the vitreous body (VB) are two major extracellular matrix (ECM) structures that are essential for early eye development...
- Physiology of vitreous surgeryEinar Stefansson
University of Iceland, National University Hospital, 101, Reykjavik, Iceland
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 247:147-63. 2009....
- Profiling of vitreous proteomes from proliferative diabetic retinopathy and nondiabetic patientsTaeoh Kim
Department of Molecular Genomic Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Yongon Dong, Seoul, Korea
Proteomics 7:4203-15. 2007..The proteins described provide the most comprehensive proteome listing in the vitreous humor samples of PDR and nondiabetic control patients...
- Acute intraocular inflammation after intravitreous injections of bevacizumab for treatment of neovascular age-related macular degenerationSanjeewa S Wickremasinghe
Medical Retina Unit, Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Ophthalmology 115:1911-5. 2008..We describe acute intraocular inflammation after intravitreous injection of bevacizumab for the treatment of neovascular AMD...
- Proteome analysis of human vitreous proteinsKen Yamane
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, Japan
Mol Cell Proteomics 2:1177-87. 2003....
- Neuroprotective effect of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide against photoreceptor apoptosis in a rabbit model of subretinal hemorrhageRobert B Bhisitkul
Department of Ophthalmology, Epidemiology and Biostatistics Division, University of California at San Francisco, School of Medicine, San Francisco, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:4071-7. 2008..To study photoreceptor apoptosis and iron migration as mechanisms of retinotoxicity in a rabbit model of subretinal hemorrhage (SRH) and to assess intravitreal triamcinolone acetonide (IVTA) for anti-apoptotic and neuroprotective effects...
- Vitreous levels of vascular cell adhesion molecule and vascular endothelial growth factor in patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy: a case-control studyC Hernandez
Endocrinology Division, Hospital General Vall d Hebron, Barcelona, Spain
Diabetes Care 24:516-21. 2001..To evaluate the intravitreous concentration of vascular cell adhesion molecule (VCAM)-1 in diabetic patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) and the relationship of VCAM-1 with vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)...
- Pathogenesis of macular edema with branch retinal vein occlusion and intraocular levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-6Hidetaka Noma
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 140:256-61. 2005..To determine whether correlations between vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) or interleukin-6 (IL-6) contribute to the pathogenesis of macular edema in eyes of patients with branch retinal vein occlusion (BRVO)...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor is elevated in ocular fluids of eyes harbouring uveal melanoma: identification of a potential therapeutic windowS R Boyd
Department of Pathology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, UK
Br J Ophthalmol 86:448-52. 2002..Novel anti-VEGF therapies are now in clinical trial, and the authors therefore wished to determine whether VEGF-A was indeed elevated in melanoma bearing eyes...
- Intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) in the treatment of macular edema secondary to branch retinal vein occlusionMelvin D Rabena
California Retina Consultants and Research Foundation, Santa Barbara, CA 93103, USA
Retina 27:419-25. 2007..To report the authors' experience after intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin, Genentech) injection in patients with macular edema (ME) secondary to branch retinal vein occlusive disease (BRVO)...
- Intravitreal levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and interleukin-6 are correlated with macular edema in branch retinal vein occlusionHidetaka Noma
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3, Kasumi cho, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8551, Japan
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 244:309-15. 2006....
- Quantitative polymerase chain reaction for Mycobacterium tuberculosis in so-called Eales' diseaseRishiraj Singh
Advanced Eye Centre, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 20:153-7. 2012..To report mycobacterial load in the vitreous of patients labeled as having Eales' disease...
- Preclinical safety evaluation of intravitreal injection of full-length humanized vascular endothelial growth factor antibody in rabbit eyesUmit Ubeyt Inan
Department of Ophthalmology, Kocatepe University School of Medicine, 03200 Afyon, Turkey
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:1773-81. 2007..To evaluate the preclinical safety of intravitreal bevacizumab, which is a full-length humanized monoclonal antibody against the vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), in rabbit eyes over a short-term period...
- Sustained delivery fluocinolone acetonide vitreous inserts provide benefit for at least 3 years in patients with diabetic macular edemaPeter A Campochiaro
Wilmer Eye Institute, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ophthalmology 119:2125-32. 2012..To assess long-term efficacy and safety of intravitreal inserts releasing 0.2 μg/d (low dose) or 0.5 μg/d (high dose) fluocinolone acetonide (FAc) in patients with diabetic macular edema (DME)...
- Microplasmin intravitreal administration in patients with vitreomacular traction scheduled for vitrectomy: the MIVI I trialMarc D de Smet
Department of Ophthalmology, ZNA Middelheim Campus, Antwerp, Belgium
Ophthalmology 116:1349-55, 1355.e1-2. 2009..To evaluate the safety and preliminary efficacy of 4 doses and several exposure times of intravitreal microplasmin given before pars plana vitrectomy for vitreomacular traction maculopathy...
- Vitreous inflammatory factors in macular edema with central retinal vein occlusionHidetaka Noma
Department of Ophthalmology, Yachiyo Medical Center, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 477 96 Owada Shinden, Yachiyo, Chiba, 276 8524, Japan
Jpn J Ophthalmol 55:248-55. 2011..To investigate the correlation of soluble intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (sICAM-1) and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) with macular edema in patients with central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO)...
- Evaluation of the flexibility, efficacy, and safety of a foldable capsular vitreous body in the treatment of severe retinal detachmentXiaofeng Lin
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:374-81. 2011To determine the flexibility, efficacy, and safety of a novel foldable capsular vitreous body (FCVB) in the treatment of severe retinal detachment in human eyes.
- Cyclosporine-loaded microspheres for treatment of uveitis: in vitro characterization and in vivo pharmacokinetic studyYuan He
Department of Ophthalmology, Third Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3983-8. 2006..The objective of the present investigation was to assess the suitability of cyclosporine-loaded poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) microspheres (CyS-PLGA-MS) to achieve this goal...
- Nocardia endophthalmitis after cataract surgery: clinicomicrobiological studyAravind Haripriya
Centre for Advancement in Cataract Services, Aravind Eye Care System, Aravind Eye Care Hospital and Postgraduate Institute of Ophthalmology, 1 Anna Nagar, 625 020 Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India
Am J Ophthalmol 139:837-46. 2005..To analyze the clinical presentation, microbiological profile, and treatment outcome in cases of nocardial endophthalmitis after cataract surgery...
- The International Intravitreal Bevacizumab Safety Survey: using the internet to assess drug safety worldwideA E Fung
Pacific Eye Associates, 2100 Webster Street, Suite 214, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 90:1344-9. 2006..The International Intravitreal Bevacizumab Safety Survey was initiated to gather timely information regarding adverse events from doctors around the world via the internet...
- Vitreous cytokine levelsLesley A Wolf
Ophthalmology 110:1671-2. 2003
- Alterations in human vitreous humour following cataract extractionR E Neal
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, 7 Memorial Drive, MSC 0703, Bethesda, MD 20892 0703, USA
Exp Eye Res 80:337-47. 2005..vitreous detachment, macular edema and retinal detachment possibly as a result of a disturbance to the vitreous body during surgery...
- Evaluation of an intravitreal fluocinolone acetonide implant versus standard systemic therapy in noninfectious posterior uveitisCarlos Pavesio
Medical Retina Service Moorfields Eye Hospital, London, UK
Ophthalmology 117:567-75, 575.e1. 2010..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of an intravitreal fluocinolone acetonide (FA) implant compared with standard therapy in subjects with noninfectious posterior uveitis (NIPU)...
- Identification of crystallin family proteins in vitreous body in rat endotoxin-induced uveitis: Involvement of crystallin truncation in uveitis pathogenesisSong Chul Bahk
Genome Research Center for Immune Disorders, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University, Iksan, Republic of Korea
Proteomics 6:3436-44. 2006..These results suggest that crystallin family proteins are the major group of proteins involved in uveitic vitreous and that C-terminal truncation of beta-crystallins may play a role in EIU-related disease progression...
- Intraocular injection of crystalline cortisone as adjunctive treatment of diabetic macular edemaJ B Jonas
Department of Ophthalmology and Eye Hospital, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Ophthalmol 132:425-7. 2001..To report the clinical outcome of a diabetic patient with macular edema treated with an intravitreal injection of crystalline cortisone...
- Clinico-microbiological profile and visual outcomes of post-traumatic endophthalmitis at a tertiary eye care center in South IndiaVasumathy Vedantham
Aravind Eye Hospital and PG Institute of Ophthalmology, 1, Anna Nagar, Madurai, TamilNadu 625 020, India
Indian J Ophthalmol 54:5-10. 2006..To analyze the clinical and microbiological characteristics of eyes with post-traumatic endophthalmitis and factors influencing the visual outcomes in these cases...
- Persistent hyperplastic primary vitreous: congenital malformation of the eyeBarkur S Shastry
Department of Biological Sciences, Oakland University, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 37:884-90. 2009..Identification of other candidate genes in the future may provide a better understanding of the pathogenesis of the condition that may lead to a better therapeutic approach and better management...
- Role of intravitreal methotrexate in the management of primary central nervous system lymphoma with ocular involvementJustine R Smith
Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201 4197, USA
Ophthalmology 109:1709-16. 2002..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of intravitreal methotrexate in the management of primary central nervous system lymphoma (PCNSL) involving the eye...
- Poly-epsilon-caprolactone intravitreous devices: an in vivo studyArmando Silva-Cunha
Faculty of Pharmacy of the Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:2312-8. 2009..The objective of this study was to evaluate the long-term safety and pharmacokinetic profile of a dexamethasone-loaded poly-epsilon-caprolactone (PCL) intravitreous implant...
- Rheological properties of the vitreous and the role of hyaluronic acidCharles S Nickerson
Division of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, California Institute of Technology, Chemical Engineering 210 41, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
J Biomech 41:1840-6. 2008..We hypothesize that hyaluronan plays a role in sustaining the "internal tension" by Donnan swelling...
- Pharmacokinetics of intraocular drug delivery of Oregon green 488-labeled triamcinolone by subtenon injection using ocular fluorophotometry in rabbit eyesSung Jin Lee
Department of Ophthalmology, College of Medicine, Soonchunhyang University, Seoul, Korea
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:4506-14. 2008..To evaluate the transscleral delivery of Oregon Green-labeled triamcinolone acetonide (OGTA) into the eye...
- Stimulation of the P2X7 receptor kills rat retinal ganglion cells in vivoHuiling Hu
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pennsylvania, School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Exp Eye Res 91:425-32. 2010..This implies that the balance between extracellular ATP and its protective metabolite adenosine can influence ganglion cell survival in the living eye...
- In vivo ocular fluorophotometry: delivery of fluoresceinated dextrans via transscleral diffusion in rabbitsDamian E Berezovsky
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:7038-45. 2011..To evaluate the transscleral delivery of fluoresceinated dextrans (FITC-D) with molecular mass up to 70 kDa to the rabbit posterior segment using sub-Tenon injections...
- Primary intraocular lymphoma: diagnosis and differential diagnosisH Nida Sen
National Eye Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 17:133-41. 2009..In addition to cytology, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, molecular analysis and cytokines may be used as adjuncts in facilitating the diagnosis...
- Isolating triamcinolone acetonide particles for intravitreal use with a porous membrane filterAkira Nishimura
Department of Ophthlamology, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Ishikawa Prefecture, Japan
Retina 23:777-9. 2003..To report a new, simple, rapid method to isolate triamcinolone acetonide particles and to remove additives from its commercially available suspension (Kenacort-A) for intravitreal use...
- The role of abnormal vitreomacular adhesion in age-related macular degeneration: spectral optical coherence tomography and surgical resultsFrancesca Mojana
Jacobs Retina Center at the Shiley Eye Center, Department of Ophthalmology, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 146:218-227. 2008....
- Evaluation of levofloxacin release characteristics from a human foldable capsular vitreous body in vitroZhaoxin Jiang
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 28:33-40. 2012We have manufactured a novel human foldable capsular vitreous body (FCVB). In this article, we determine whether the human FCVB releases levofloxacin in vitro and evaluate the release characteristics.
- Simultaneous analysis of multiple cytokines in the vitreous of patients with sarcoid uveitisKenji Nagata
Department of Ophthalmology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:3827-33. 2012..The authors sought to determine which proinflammatory cytokines were upregulated in the vitreous fluid of patients with ocular sarcoidosis...
- Sustained mechanical release of dexamethasone sodium phosphate from a foldable capsular vitreous bodyYaqin Liu
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sun Yatsen University, Guangzhou, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:1636-42. 2010Since 300-nm-mili apertures were present in the capsule of the foldable capsular vitreous body (FCVB), the authors tested whether the FCVB could mechanically release dexamethasone sodium phosphate (DexP) from its capsule.
- Elevated levels of interleukin 6 in the vitreous fluid of patients with pars planitis and posterior uveitis: the Massachusetts eye & ear experience and review of previous studiesVictor L Perez
Immunology and Uveitis Service, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Ocul Immunol Inflamm 12:193-201. 2004..Review of these studies indicate that Interleukin-6 (IL-6) is present, and animal data suggest the important role of IL-6 in the regulation of ophthalmologic immune responses...
- Refractive shifts in four selected artificial vitreous substitutes based on Gullstrand-Emsley and Liou-Brennan schematic eyesQianying Gao
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 50:3529-34. 2009....
- Neuroprotective effect of hepatocyte growth factor against photoreceptor degeneration in ratsShigeki Machida
Department of Ophthalmology, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, Iwate, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 45:4174-82. 2004..To determine whether hepatocyte growth factor (HGF) has a neuroprotective effect against photoreceptor degeneration in rats...
- Prevalence of vitreoretinal disorders in a rural population of southern India: the Aravind Comprehensive Eye StudyPraveen K Nirmalan
Aravind Medical Research Foundation, Aravind Eye Care System, Madurai, India
Arch Ophthalmol 122:581-6. 2004..To determine the magnitude of vitreoretinal disorders in a rural southern Indian population...
- Role of soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 in the vitreous in proliferative diabetic retinopathyNozomu Matsunaga
Department of Biofunctional Evaluation, Molecular Pharmacology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, Japan
Ophthalmology 115:1916-22. 2008..Furthermore, to investigate the relationships among sVEGFR-1, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), and pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF)...
- Technical standards of a foldable capsular vitreous body in terms of mechanical, optical, and biocompatible propertiesYaqin Liu
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Artif Organs 34:836-45. 2010We previously proposed a new strategy to fabricate a novel foldable capsular vitreous body (FCVB) as a vitreous substitute and found that the FCVB was a very good replacement for closely mimicking the morphology and restoring the ..
- Lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and soluble CD14 in the vitreous fluid of patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathyCristina Hernandez
CIBERDEM ISCIII, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Retina 30:345-52. 2010..The purpose of this study was to compare intravitreous levels of lipopolysaccharide-binding protein and soluble CD14 (sCD14) between patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) and nondiabetic subjects...
- Intravitreal triamcinolone for diabetic macular edema that persists after laser treatment: three-month efficacy and safety results of a prospective, randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled clinical trialFlorian K P Sutter
Save Sight Institute, Department of Clinical Ophthalmology and Eye Health, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Ophthalmology 111:2044-9. 2004..To determine whether an intravitreal injection of triamcinolone acetonide for persistent diabetic macular edema after adequate laser treatment improves visual acuity...
- Three cases of post-traumatic endophthalmitis caused by unusual bacteriaRohan W Essex
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 32:445-7. 2004..The available literature regarding the individual cases is summarized and a brief discussion of post-traumatic endophthalmitis is presented, with reference to a recently published large series at the authors' institution...
- Intravitreal crystalline drug delivery for intraocular proliferation diseasesLingyun Cheng
Jacobs Retina Center at Shiley Eye Center, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:474-81. 2010..The present study was undertaken to investigate the feasibility of applying this system to antiproliferative small molecules...
- Aqueous humour levels of cytokines are correlated to vitreous levels and severity of macular oedema in branch retinal vein occlusionH Noma
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, Japan
Eye (Lond) 22:42-8. 2008....
- Apelin in plasma and vitreous and in fibrovascular retinal membranes of patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathyYong Tao
Department of Ophthalmology, People s Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:4237-42. 2010..Apelin is an endogenous ligand for the angiotensin-1-like receptor APJ. Because apelin has been reported to regulate angiogenesis, the authors searched for associations between apelin and proliferative diabetic retinopathy...
- Long-term safety and efficacy of intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin) for the management of central retinal vein occlusionNinel Z Gregori
Department of Ophthalmology, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, 900 NW 17th St, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Retina 28:1325-37. 2008..To evaluate the long-term safety and efficacy of intravitreal bevacizumab injections (Avastin, Genentech Inc., San Francisco, CA) for the treatment of macular edema secondary to central retinal vein occlusions...
- Rescue of retinal degeneration by intravitreally injected adult bone marrow-derived lineage-negative hematopoietic stem cellsAtsushi Otani
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Clin Invest 114:765-74. 2004....
- Electrophysiologic and retinal penetration studies following intravitreal injection of bevacizumab (Avastin)Jonathan Shahar
Department of Ophthalmology, Tel Aviv Medical Center, Israel
Retina 26:262-9. 2006..Intravitreal bevacizumab (Avastin; Genentech Inc., San Francisco, CA) is a new treatment for age-related macular degeneration. The aim of this study was to evaluate retinal penetration and toxicity of bevacizumab...
- Penetration of bevacizumab through the retina after intravitreal injection in the monkeyPeter Heiduschka
Experimental Vitreoretinal Surgery, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:2814-23. 2007....
- Immunohistochemical localisation of intravitreally injected bevacizumab in the anterior chamber angle, iris and ciliary body of the primate eyeS Peters
Centre of Ophthalmology, University of Tuebingen, Schleichstr 12, D 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 92:541-4. 2008..To locate bevacizumab in the tissues related to neovascularisation in the anterior segment within 1-14 days after intravitreal injection in the primate eye...
- Epiretinal pathology of diffuse diabetic macular edema associated with vitreomacular tractionArnd Gandorfer
Department of Ophthalmology, University Eye Hospital Munich, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munchen, Germany
Am J Ophthalmol 139:638-52. 2005..To investigate the ultrastructure of the vitreomacular interface in patients with diffuse diabetic macular edema (DDME) associated with vitreomacular traction...
- Optical coherence tomography findings after an intravitreal injection of bevacizumab (avastin) for macular edema from central retinal vein occlusionPhilip J Rosenfeld
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Ophthalmic Surg Lasers Imaging 36:336-9. 2005..The improvements were maintained for at least 4 weeks. Intravitreal injections of bevacizumab may provide another treatment option for patients with macular edema from vein occlusions...
- Proliferative diabetic retinopathy and relations among antioxidant activity, oxidative stress, and VEGF in the vitreous bodyHiroshi Izuta
Department of Biofunctional Evaluation, Molecular Pharmacology, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, Japan
Mol Vis 16:130-6. 2010To investigate the relationships among antioxidant activities, oxidative stress, and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in the vitreous body and serum from proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR) patients.
- Suppression of retinal neovascularization by the iNOS inhibitor aminoguanidine in mice of oxygen-induced retinopathyQiong Zhang
Department of Ophthalmology, Ruijin Hospital affiliated to Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 247:919-27. 2009..Our study was focused on evaluating the inhibitory effect of aminoguanidine (AG), an inhibitor of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), on retinal NV in mice of oxygen-induced retinopathy (OIR)...
- Preservative-free triamcinolone acetonide suspension developed for intravitreal injectionChristoph Bitter
Hospital Pharmacy, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 24:62-9. 2008..e., proven sterility and stability, constant content and dose uniformity, defined particle size, and 1 year shelf life)...
- [Erythropoietin concentrations in the vitreous body from patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy]V M Asensio-Sánchez
Hospital General, Medina del Campo, Valladolid, Spain
Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol 83:169-72. 2008To measure erythropoietin (Epo) levels in the vitreous body from patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR).
- A new strategy to replace the natural vitreous by a novel capsular artificial vitreous body with pressure-control valveQ Gao
Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Eye (Lond) 22:461-8. 2008..There is a very urgent need to find a more suitable artificial vitreous substitute for pars plana vitrectomy (PPV) surgery...
- Identification of the genetic defect in the original Wagner syndrome familyBarbara Kloeckener-Gruissem
Division of Medical Molecular Genetics and Gene Diagnostics, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Vis 12:350-5. 2006..The aim of the present study was to determine the genetic defect in Wagner syndrome, a rare disorder belonging to the group of hereditary vitreoretinal degenerations. This disease has been genetically mapped to chromosome 5q14.3...
- Delivery systems for the treatment of proliferative vitreoretinopathy: materials, devices and colloidal carriersB Guidetti
Groupe de RMN Biomédicale, Laboratoire de Synthèse et Physicochimie de Molécules d Intérêt Biologique, UMR CNRS 5068, Universite Paul Sabatier, 118 route de Narbonne, 31062 Toulouse Cedex 9, France
Curr Drug Deliv 5:7-19. 2008..This review will summarize recent literature concerning intraocular drug delivery of biopharmaceutical agents for the treatment and prevention of PVR...
- Erosive vitreoretinopathy and wagner disease are caused by intronic mutations in CSPG2/Versican that result in an imbalance of splice variantsArijit Mukhopadhyay
Department of Human Genetics, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, The Netherlands
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3565-72. 2006..We investigated whether CSPG2/Versican was mutated in six Dutch families and one Chinese family with Wagner disease and in a family with ERVR...
- Safety profile of intravitreal triamcinolone acetonideJ Baath
Undergraduate Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Ocul Pharmacol Ther 23:304-10. 2007..The aim of this investigation was to assess the rates of various complications associated with this treatment and to determine which factors are associated with the development of these complications...
- SODIUM MRI & CSI OF EXPERIMENTAL DIABETIC RETINOPATHYNANCY KOLODNY; Fiscal Year: 1990..resonance imaging (23Na MRI) and sodium chemical shift imaging (23Na CSI) to characterize the state of the vitreous body in two animal models of diabetic retinopathy...
- Control by Oxygen of Lens Metabolism and Cataract FormationDavid Beebe; Fiscal Year: 2009..We also found that loss of the gel structure of the vitreous body is an important risk factor for nuclear cataracts and increases oxygen levels around the lens...
- BIOCHEMICAL STUDIES OF THE BLOOD-VITREOUS BODY BARRIERWILLIAM FOWLKS; Fiscal Year: 1980The biochemistry of the barrier between retinal and/or choroidal blood and the vitreous body (the B-V barrier) will be studied in vivo in laboratory animals...
- Oxidative Stress, VEGF and RetinopathyDAVID VANDER JAGT; Fiscal Year: 2004..VEGF levels are elevated in vitreous body samples from five subjects with diabetic retinopathy...
- Endothelial Transmigration Across the RPE BarrierMary Elizabeth Hartnett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Increased knowledge of the mechanisms that cause this destructive phenomenon may lead to future means to prevent CNV in the neurosensory retina, and thus, reduce vision loss in AMD. ..
- New England College of Optometry Vision Core GrantNANCY COLETTA; Fiscal Year: 2007..The modules requested in this application will greatly enhance these activities and ongoing research at the New England College of Optometry ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAJudy Kim; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- In Vivo Sampling to Study the Neurobiology of GluacomaSCOTT SHIPPY; Fiscal Year: 2005..Further, the ability to characterize chemical composition at the retina demonstrated in this study may be applicable to innovative studies of other diseases of the retina. ..
- Symposium on Retinal/ Choroidal AngiogenesisJohn Penn; Fiscal Year: 2004..J. Donald M. Gass, M.D. has agreed to write an introduction. In this application we request funds to support travel and registration costs of 20 young investigators and 2 keynote speakers. ..
- Vacsular Remodeling and Effects of Angiogenic Inhibition in Diabetic RetinopathyPeter Kaiser; Fiscal Year: 2006..The CAM continues to serve as a convenient testbed for ongoing development of fractal methods and for examination of effects of human regulators on angiogenesis and vascular remodeling. ..
- New Tool to Study Neurochemical Modulation of FeedingSCOTT SHIPPY; Fiscal Year: 2005..The unique capabilities of low-flow push-pull perfusion complement other sampling methodologies and are widely applicable to in vivo sampling studies. ..
- LDL Modification in Diabetic ComplicationsMARGO COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Point-of-Care Measurement of Glycated HemoglobinMARGO COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Investigation of Nod2: Implications for UveitisHolly Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 2008..Together, these studies will provide valuable new information on how Nod2 is involved in autoimmunity and the pathogeneis of uveitis. ..
- The Insulin-Like Growth Factor System and Muller CellsClyde Guidry; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gained from this study will improve our understanding of fibrocontractive retinal diseases and should represent a significant gain toward control of proliferative complications associated with diabetic retinopathy. ..
- QUALITY OF LIFE AND COST EFFECTIVENESS IN CMV RETINITISJohn Kempen; Fiscal Year: 2002..Subanalyses will assess what factors other than treatment strategy are associated with improved QOL and cost-effectiveness. ..
- Reducing Renal TGF-B in Diabetic GlomerulosclerosisMARGO COHEN; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Vision Research Infrastructure Development Grant (R24)FRANK GIBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- South Carolina Center for Clinical /Translational ResearRichard Davis; Fiscal Year: 2006..We expect the CCTR to begin operating as an efficient center for translational research, by the end of the funding period. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Role of CXCL9 in Genital HSV-2 InfectionDaniel Carr; Fiscal Year: 2009..g., vaccine or gene transfer) to reduce the incidence of infection or reduce the capacity of latent virus to reactivate. ..
- Perceptual encoding and imagery in prosopagnosiaJason Barton; Fiscal Year: 2008..From our prior work, we hypothesize that covert or unconscious recognition is the residual product of a partially damaged face network in the brain. We propose a functional imaging experiment to test this hypothesis. ..
- Bridging Barriers to Diabetes Care with TelemedicineRichard Davis; Fiscal Year: 2007..Telemedicine may be an effective alternative to traditional health care delivery systems resulting in improved diabetes education and control. ..
- Artificial Cornea Based on Photolithographically Patterned, Biomimetic HydrogelsChristopher N Ta; Fiscal Year: 2010..3. Determine the skirt design for optimal stromal tissue integration by evaluating in vitro and in vivo stromal wound healing within photolithographically patterned, microperforated hydrogel arrays. ..
- Investigating the Molecular Mechanism of Hexose-induced Stress in Lens and RetinaPeter F Kador; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, these studies should help identify new drug targets for the treatment of these diabetic complications. ..
- NEURONAL MIGRATION IN THE DEVELOPING BRAINHuaiyu Hu; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Inhibition of CNV using a transgenic PEDF modelElia Duh; Fiscal Year: 2004..In addition, our studies will provide a new experimental approach for the study of candidate inhibitors of CNV, providing important data regarding efficacy, therapeutic dose, frequency of administration, and toxicity. ..
- Gene Delivery to the Trabecular MeshworkDouglas Rhee; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies would set the foundation for future evaluations of the function of MIF in the TM and MIF?s potential as a candidate for gene therapy for the treatment of glaucoma. ..
- Mechanics of Head Impact in InfantsBrittany Coats; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract not provided ..
- "Corneal Arachidonate Metabolites via Cytochrome P450"Michal Laniado Schwartzman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Molecular Studies of Brain MalformationsHuaiyu Hu; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Role of Retinal Microvasculature in Posterior UveitisJustine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2006..The studies should also have implications for unrelated diseases affecting the retinal circulation, as well as tissue-specific inflammations and infections at other body sites. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Apoptosis in Retinal DetachmentsDavid Zacks; Fiscal Year: 2006..This will allow us to develop and test new neuroprotective therapies for improving visual outcomes in retinal disease. ..
- The Subproteome in Age-related Macular DegenerationTimothy Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This information will enable us to generate a rational approach to identify targeted therapies. ..
- Structure-Function of the Retina With NeuroprotectionArthur Weber; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Genetic Susceptibility for Development of Proliferative Diabetic RetinopathyKang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Nanoparticle & AAV Approaches to Rapid Onset, Stable Retinal Gene TherapyJijing Pang; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our ultimate goal is to establish a retinal gene delivery system that is fast, of long duration and can accommodate large therapeutic cDNAs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Objective Diagnosis & Quantification of Retinal DiseaseSriniVas Sadda; Fiscal Year: 2007..This technology will be of great value in future clinical and pre-clinical studies, and in everyday clinical practice. ..
- Multifunctional Antioxidants as Anti-Cataract AgentsPeter Kador; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PROTEOMIC ANALYSIS OF AGE-RELATED MACULAR DEGENERATIONTONGALP TEZEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A transgenic model of ocular inflammationRussell Van Gelder; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CYTOKINE MODULATION IN PROLIFERATIVE VITREORETINOPATHYGLENN JAFFE; Fiscal Year: 2005..Density-dependent effects of IL-1, TNFalpha, and specific NF-kappaB inhibitors on NF-kappaB-mediated RPE apoptosis will be quantified. IV) To determine whether specific in vivo NF-kappaB blockade inhibits PVR. ..
- Anti-Viral Gene Delivery in the Nervous SystemDaniel Carr; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- OCULAR MELANOMAPaul Finger; Fiscal Year: 2003..Standardized clinical and data collection procedures will be employed, and standardized forms will be used in all centers. Central training and certification of all study staff will be required. ..
- NEUROIMMUNOLOGY OF AED IN OCULAR HSV-1 INFECTIONDaniel Carr; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Localized modulation of RPE P-gp/MRP activity for back-of-the-eye drug deliverySoumyajit Majumdar; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..