Genomes and Genes
Summary: The aperture in the iris through which light passes.
Publications338 found, 100 shown here
- Time's arrow and pupillary responseAntje Nuthmann
Department of Psychology, Humboldt University at Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Psychophysiology 42:306-17. 2005..These findings suggest that time's arrow is mentally coded in single everyday events. Pupil dilation and results of principal component analyses suggest top-down influences in the processing of temporally ..
- The pupil as a measure of emotional arousal and autonomic activationMargaret M Bradley
Center for the Study of Emotion and Attention, Box 112766, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Psychophysiology 45:602-7. 2008b>Pupil diameter was monitored during picture viewing to assess effects of hedonic valence and emotional arousal on pupillary responses...
- The circadian response of intrinsically photosensitive retinal ganglion cellsAndrew J Zele
Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS ONE 6:e17860. 2011..ganglion cells (ipRGC) signal environmental light level to the central circadian clock and contribute to the pupil light reflex...
- Contribution of human melanopsin retinal ganglion cells to steady-state pupil responsesSei ichi Tsujimura
Department of Information Science and Biomedical Engineering, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Proc Biol Sci 277:2485-92. 2010..We observed a significant change in steady-state pupil diameter when we varied the excitation of mRGC alone, with no change in luminance and colour...
- Pupil diameter tracks changes in control state predicted by the adaptive gain theory of locus coeruleus functionMark S Gilzenrat
Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 10:252-69. 2010..have suggested that the locus coeruleus-norepinephrine system may play an important role in this function and that pupil diameter can be used to index locus coeruleus activity...
- Pupillary responses index cognitive resource limitationsE Granholm
San Diego Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry, University of California 92161, USA
Psychophysiology 33:457-61. 1996....
- Pupil dilation reflects perceptual selection and predicts subsequent stability in perceptual rivalryWolfgang Einhäuser
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1704-9. 2008..Here, we measured pupil diameter while subjects viewed different ambiguous visual and auditory stimuli...
- Central corneal thickness, anterior chamber depth, and pupil diameter measurements using Visante OCT, Orbscan, and PentacamAhmet Taylan Yazici
Beyoglu Eye Research and Training Hospital, Istanbul, Turkey
J Refract Surg 26:127-33. 2010To evaluate the agreement among three different optical methods in measuring anterior chamber depth (ACD), central corneal thickness (CCT), and pupil diameter.
- Melanopsin bistability: a fly's eye technology in the human retinaLudovic S Mure
Department of Chronobiology, INSERM, U846, Stem Cell and Brain Research Institute, Bron, France
PLoS ONE 4:e5991. 2009..We show that the pupil only attains a fully stabilized state of constriction after several minutes of light exposure, a feature that is ..
- Brain activation and pupil response during covert performance of the Stroop Color Word taskG G Brown
Psychiatry Department, University of California San Diego, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 5:308-19. 1999..Activation of BOLD signals in these areas was highly repeatable. In a second experiment, pupil diameter was used to assess cognitive load in 7 individuals studied during overt and covert performance of both ..
- Infant cognition: going full factorial with pupil dilationIain Jackson
School of Psychological Sciences, The University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Dev Sci 12:670-9. 2009..It also introduces pupil dilation as a viable and complementary dependent measure to study infant cognition...
- Pupillary responses during lexical decisions vary with word frequency but not emotional valenceLars Kuchinke
Department of Psychology, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
Int J Psychophysiol 65:132-40. 2007..In addition, a difference between high and low frequency words was observed in the pupil data as reflected by higher peak pupil dilations for low frequency words, whereas pupillary responses to ..
- Pupillometric evidence for the decoupling of attention from perceptual input during offline thoughtJonathan Smallwood
Department of Social Neuroscience, Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences, Leipzig, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e18298. 2011..Here, we use measurements of pupil diameter (PD) to provide concrete evidence for the role of decoupling during spontaneous cognitive activity...
- Change in pupil size after implantation of an iris-fixated toric phakic intraocular lensH Burkhard Dick
Department of Ophthalmology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:302-7. 2005To evaluate the changes in pupil size after implantation of an iris-supported toric phakic intraocular lens (TPIOL) for correction of myopia and hyperopia with astigmatism.
- The interaction between pupil function and cardiovascular regulation in patients with acute schizophreniaKarl Jürgen Bär
Department of Psychiatry, Friedrich Schiller University, Philosophenweg 3, 07743 Jena, Germany
Clin Neurophysiol 119:2209-13. 2008..In this study, we tested the hypothesis that the autonomic dysregulation at the heart is reflected in the regulation of the pupillary light reflex...
- Teleological reasoning in 4-month-old infants: pupil dilations and contextual constraintsGustaf Gredeback
Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
PLoS ONE 6:e26487. 2011..The study demonstrates that teleological processes are online at 4 months of age and illustrates the usefulness of pupil dilations as a measure of social cognitive processes early in infancy.
- Pupil light reflex in normal and diseased eyes: diagnosis of visual dysfunction using waveform partitioningOliver Bergamin
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, and Veterans Administration Hospital, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Ophthalmology 110:106-14. 2003To evaluate changes in pupil size (corresponding to neuronal firing) within different time windows of the pupil light reflex in patients and normal subjects to understand which segments of the pupil waveform are best able to ..
- Correlations between the autonomic modulation of heart rate, blood pressure and the pupillary light reflex in healthy subjectsKarl Jürgen Bär
Department of Psychiatry, University Hospital, Jena, Germany
J Neurol Sci 279:9-13. 2009..g. heart rate or blood pressure fluctuations or the pupil's reaction to light...
- Effect of preoperative pupil size on quality of vision after wavefront-guided LASIKAnnie Chan
Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Ophthalmology 118:736-41. 2011To evaluate the effect of preoperative pupil size on quality of vision after wavefront-guided LASIK.
- Judging a book by its cover: the unconscious influence of pupil size on consumer choiceRichard Wiseman
Psychology Department, University of Hertfordshire, College Lane, Hatfield, Hertfordshire AL10 9AB, UK
Perception 39:1417-9. 2010..who attempted to guess the nature of the experiment was correct, suggesting that the influence exerted by pupil size was unconscious...
- Pupil dilation deconvolution reveals the dynamics of attention at high temporal resolutionStefan M Wierda
Department of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, 9713 AW Groningen, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:8456-60. 2012The size of the human pupil increases as a function of mental effort...
- Using dynamic pupillometry as a simple screening tool to detect autonomic neuropathy in patients with diabetes: a pilot studyGiselle L Ferrari
School of Electrical Engineering and Applied Computer Sciences CPGEI, Federal University of Technology Parana, Curitiba, PR Brazil
Biomed Eng Online 9:26. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate pupil responsiveness in diabetic subjects with and without cardiovascular autonomic neuropathy (CAN) using dynamic ..
- Weak relationships between suppression of melatonin and suppression of sleepiness/fatigue in response to light exposureMelanie Rüger
Department of Chronobiology, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Sleep Res 14:221-7. 2005..In experiment A (night-time light, partial illumination of the retina, pupil dilated) subjects were exposed to either 100 lx of ocular light on the temporal, 100 lx on the nasal part of the ..
- Pupillometric measures of cognitive and emotional processesEric Granholm
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 52:1-6. 2004
- Memory load and the cognitive pupillary response in agingPascal W M Van Gerven
Maastricht University, Faculty of Psychology, Department of Neurocognition, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Psychophysiology 41:167-74. 2004..Mean pupil dilation and reaction time were measured during a Sternberg memory-search task, which involved six levels of ..
- The effect of ocular aberrations on steady-state errors of accommodative responseSotiris Plainis
VEIC, Dept of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Greece
J Vis 5:466-77. 2005..Fluctuations may serve to preserve image quality when errors of accommodation are moderate, by temporarily searching for the best focus...
- Melanopsin and rod-cone photoreceptors play different roles in mediating pupillary light responses during exposure to continuous light in humansJoshua J Gooley
Program in Neuroscience and Behavioral Disorders, Duke National University of Singapore Graduate Medical School Singapore, Singapore 169857
J Neurosci 32:14242-53. 2012..Moreover, our results suggest that it might be possible to enhance nonvisual light responses to low-irradiance exposures by using intermittent light to activate cone photoreceptors repeatedly in humans...
- Toward a clinical protocol for assessing rod, cone, and melanopsin contributions to the human pupil responseJason C Park
Departments of Psychology, Columbia University, New York, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:6624-35. 2011..RESULTS. The duration for producing the optimal melanopsin-driven sustained pupil response after termination of an intense blue stimulus was 1 second...
- Pupillographic assessment of sleepiness in sleep-deprived healthy subjectsB Wilhelm
Department of Pathophysiology of Vision and Neuro-Ophthalmology,
Sleep 21:258-65. 1998..In the present work, pupil measurements in complete darkness and quiet have been recorded continuously over 11-minute period with infrared ..
- Pupil staging and EEG measurement of sleepinessSharon L Merritt
Center for Narcolepsy Research, College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 52:97-112. 2004..EEG data were examined to determine if theta power (4-7 Hz) increased during 2-s periods of proportional pupil size decreases (pupil Stage 1, 95% or more of maximal pupil size to Stage 4, 65-74% of maximal size)...
- Infants' understanding of everyday social interactions: a dual process accountGustaf Gredeback
The Cognitive Developmental Research Unit EKUP, Department of Psychology, University of Oslo, Norway
Cognition 114:197-206. 2010..69) on infants life experience being feed. In addition, 6- and 12-month-olds dilated their pupil during observation of non-rational feeding actions...
- Pupillary assessment and computational modeling of the Stroop task in depressionGreg J Siegle
Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh, 3811 O Hara St, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 52:63-76. 2004..and 23 unmedicated depressed adults completed a Stroop color-naming task using a long inter-stimulus interval and pupil dilation was recorded as a measure of cognitive load...
- Pupil diameter predicts changes in the exploration-exploitation trade-off: evidence for the adaptive gain theoryMarieke Jepma
Department of Psychology, Leiden University and Leiden Institute for Brain and Cognition, The Netherlands
J Cogn Neurosci 23:1587-96. 2011..Recent studies have suggested that utility-driven changes in control state correlate with pupil diameter, and that pupil diameter can be used as an indirect marker of LC activity...
- Post-illumination pupil response in subjects without ocular diseaseLaxmikanth Kankipati
Department of Vision Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:2764-9. 2010..This post-illumination pupil response (PIPR) is produced by the intrinsically photosensitive retinal ganglion cells (ipRGCs)...
- Melanopsin cells are the principal conduits for rod-cone input to non-image-forming visionAli D Guler
Department of Biology, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21218, USA
Nature 453:102-5. 2008..These results indicate that light signals for irradiance detection are dissociated from pattern vision at the retinal ganglion cell level, and animals that cannot detect light for NIF functions are still capable of image formation...
- Human amygdala sensitivity to the pupil size of othersK E Demos
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Center for Cognitive Neuroscience, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755, USA
Cereb Cortex 18:2729-34. 2008Stimulation of the amygdala produces pupil dilation in animal and human subjects. The present study examined whether the amygdala is sensitive to variations in the pupil size of others...
- Differentiation of deception using pupillary responses as an index of cognitive processingD P Dionisio
San Diego State University, USA
Psychophysiology 38:205-11. 2001..Task-evoked pupil dilation was significantly greater when participants confabulated responses than when they told the truth for both ..
- Accommodation stimulus-response function and retinal image qualityTobias Buehren
Contact Lens and Visual Optics Laboratory, School of Optometry, Victoria Park Road, Kelvin Grove, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, QLD 4059, Australia
Vision Res 46:1633-45. 2006..Wavefronts were analysed for a fixed 3-mm pupil diameter and for natural pupil sizes...
- Pupil dilation using a standard cataract surgery regimen alone or with atropine 1.0% pretreatment: prospective comparative evaluationJulio Narvaez
Department of Ophthalmology, Loma Linda University, School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 36:563-7. 2010To compare the amount of pupil dilation produced by a set of commonly used preoperative mydriatic agents for cataract surgery, with the same regimen preceded by topical administration of atropine 1.0%.
- Pupil size and corneal laser surgeryJames J Salz
University of Southern California and Los Angeles County Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 17:373-9. 2006The role of scotopic pupil size as a factor in predicting night vision complaints is controversial...
- Influence of pupil and optical zone diameter on higher-order aberrations after wavefront-guided myopic LASIKJens Bühren
Department of Ophthalmology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 31:2272-80. 2005To investigate the influence of pupil and optical zone (OZ) diameter on higher-order aberrations (HOAs) after myopic wavefront-guided laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK).
- Chromatic pupil responses: preferential activation of the melanopsin-mediated versus outer photoreceptor-mediated pupil light reflexRandy Kardon
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, University of Iowa, USA
Ophthalmology 116:1564-73. 2009To weight the rod-, cone-, and melanopsin-mediated activation of the retinal ganglion cells, which drive the pupil light reflex by varying the light stimulus wavelength, intensity, and duration.
- Binocular adaptive optics vision analyzer with full control over the complex pupil functionsChristina Schwarz
Instituto Universitario de investigación en Óptica y Nanofísica, Universidad de Murcia, Murcia, Spain
Opt Lett 36:4779-81. 2011..binocular adaptive optics vision analyzer fully capable of controlling both amplitude and phase of the two complex pupil functions in each eye of the subject. A special feature of the instrument is its comparatively simple setup...
- Pupil evaluation as a test for autonomic disordersFion Bremner
Dept of Neuro Ophthalmology Internal Box 142, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London, WC1N 3BG, UK
Clin Auton Res 19:88-101. 2009b>Pupil tests provide a convenient and simple method for evaluation of autonomic function...
- Comparing pupil function with visual function in patients with Leber's hereditary optic neuropathyF D Bremner
Department of Neuro Ophthalmology, National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London, United Kingdom
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:2528-34. 1999PURPOSE: To compare pupil function with visual function in patients with Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON) and age-matched normal control subjects...
- Does pupil constriction under blue and green monochromatic light exposure change with age?Véronique Daneault
Functional Neuroimaging Unit, University of Montreal Geriatric Institute, and Center for Advanced Research in Sleep Medicine, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Biol Rhythms 27:257-64. 2012..However, age-related modification in the impact of light on steady-state pupil constriction, which regulates the amount of light reaching the retina, is not demonstrated...
- Effects of three mydriatic drug regimens on pupil size in rhesus (Macaca mulatta) and African green monkeys (Chlorocebus aethiops)N L Merrill
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research Naval Medical Research Center WRAIR NMRC, Silver Spring, MD 98431, USA
J Med Primatol 36:33-8. 2007..Secondary objectives were to determine average time to maximum dilation and whether species differences existed...
- Pupil-segmentation-based adaptive optical microscopy with full-pupil illuminationDaniel E Milkie
Coleman Technologies, Inc, 5131 West Chester Pike, Newtown Square, Pennsylvania 19073, USA
Opt Lett 36:4206-8. 2011..Adaptive optics can be used to improve imaging performance via wavefront shaping. Here, we demonstrate a pupil-segmentation based adaptive optical approach with full-pupil illumination...
- Pupil size, white-to-white corneal diameter, and anterior chamber depth in patients with myopiaJose F Alfonso
Fernández Vega Ophthalmological Institute, Oviedo, Spain
J Refract Surg 26:891-8. 2010..To evaluate anatomical parameters in a population of patients with myopia...
- A unified formula for light-adapted pupil sizeAndrew B Watson
NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA, USA
J Vis 12:12. 2012The size of the pupil has a large effect on visual function, and pupil size depends mainly on the adapting luminance, modulated by other factors. Over the last century, a number of formulas have been proposed to describe this dependence...
- Systematic influence of gaze position on pupil size measurement: analysis and correctionBenjamin Gagl
Department of Psychology and Center for Neurocognitive Research, University of Salzburg, Hellbrunnerstrasse 34, 5020, Salzburg, Austria
Behav Res Methods 43:1171-81. 2011Cognitive effort is reflected in pupil dilation, but the assessment of pupil size is potentially susceptible to changes in gaze position...
- Evaluation of the relationship between ablation diameter, pupil size, and visual function with vision-specific quality-of-life measures after laser in situ keratomileusisGregory W Schmidt
Department of Ophthalmology, Francis I Proctor Foundation for Research in Oppthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, 10 Koret Way, Room K 301, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 125:1037-42. 2007To evaluate the relationship between ablation diameter, pupil size, and visual function as measured by a vision-specific quality-of-life instrument after undergoing laser in situ keratomileusis.
- Vision-related function after low-dose transpupillary thermotherapy versus photodynamic therapy for neovascular age-related macular degenerationAnne Odergren
Vitreoretinal Department, Karolinska Institute, St Erik s Eye Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Ophthalmol 88:426-30. 2010....
- Circadian and wake-dependent effects on the pupil light reflex in response to narrow-bandwidth light pulsesMirjam Munch
Solar Energy and Building Physics Laboratory, ENAC, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne, Switzerland
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:4546-55. 2012..We aimed to identify the effects of circadian phase and sleepiness across 24 hours on various aspects of the pupil response to light stimulation.
- Familiarity and recollection produce distinct eye movement, pupil and medial temporal lobe responses when memory strength is matchedAlexandros Kafkas
Human Memory Laboratory, School of Psychological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, UK
Neuropsychologia 50:3080-93. 2012Two experiments explored eye measures (fixations and pupil response patterns) and brain responses (BOLD) accompanying the recognition of visual object stimuli based on familiarity and recollection...
- Scaling Zernike expansion coefficients to smaller pupil sizes: a simpler formulaGuang ming Dai
VISX Inc, Santa Clara, California 95051, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 23:539-43. 2006..In the current paper I describe a more intuitive derivation of a simpler, nonrecursive formula, which is used to calculate the instantaneous refractive power...
- Pupil responses to stimulus color, structure and light flux increments in the rhesus monkeyP D Gamlin
Vision Science Research Center, University of Alabama, Birmingham 35294, USA
Vision Res 38:3353-8. 1998Visual stimuli that isolate pupil color and pupil grating responses in human vision have been used to investigate the properties, of stimulus-specific pupil responses in the rhesus monkey...
- Effect of pupil size on uncorrected visual acuity in astigmatic eyesKazutaka Kamiya
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Kitasato School of Medicine, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
Br J Ophthalmol 96:267-70. 2012To determine the effects of pupil size on uncorrected visual acuity (UCVA) in astigmatic eyes.
- Assessment of pupil size under different light intensities using the Procyon pupillometerArthur C K Cheng
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, University Eye Center, Hong Kong Eye Hospital, Kowloon, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:1015-7. 2006To study the relationship between pupil size and light intensity using the Procyon pupillometer.
- A neural-based remote eye gaze tracker under natural head motionDiego Torricelli
Department of Applied Electronics, University Roma Tre, Italy
Comput Methods Programs Biomed 92:66-78. 2008..The system is able to classify the gaze direction of the user over a 15-zone graphical interface, with a success rate of 95% and a global accuracy of around 2 degrees , comparable with the vast majority of existing remote gaze trackers...
- Pupil size changes during recognition memorySamantha C Otero
School of Psychology, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK
Psychophysiology 48:1346-53. 2011..We report three experiments investigating the cognitive processes associated with this pupil old/new effect...
- A neural network method for detection of obstructive sleep apnea and narcolepsy based on pupil size and EEGD Liu
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607 7053, USA
IEEE Trans Neural Netw 19:308-18. 2008..b>Pupil behavior can also provide information regarding alertness...
- Use of a wick to deliver preoperative mydriatics for cataract surgeryLindsay Ong-Tone
From Pasqua Hospital, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 29:2060-2. 2003..5%, diclofenac sodium 0.1% (Voltaren), and Ocuflox. Use of the wick has been beneficial and time saving to hospital staff...
- Pupil dilation using a pledget sponge: a randomized controlled trialAustin McCormick
Department of Ophthalmology, Arrowe Park Hospital, Wirral, Merseyside, UK
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 34:545-9. 2006..To show that a pledget soaked in mydriatics and placed in the lower conjunctival fornix is as effective as drops in providing mydriasis for cataract surgery...
- Rational regulation of learning dynamics by pupil-linked arousal systemsMatthew R Nassar
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Nat Neurosci 15:1040-6. 2012..found that these assessments, as defined by a normative model, were reflected in nonluminance-mediated changes in pupil diameter of human subjects performing a predictive-inference task...
- Comparative higher-order aberration measurement of the LADARWave and Visx WaveScan aberrometers at varying pupil sizes and after pharmacologic dilation and cycloplegiaShady T Awwad
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9057, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:203-14. 2006..To compare higher-order aberration (HOA) measurements of LADARWave and Visx WaveScan aberrometers, to test the validity of the peripheral wavefront data, and to evaluate the effect of pharmacologic dilation and mild cycloplegia...
- Aberrations induced in wavefront-guided laser refractive surgery due to shifts between natural and dilated pupil center locationsJason Porter
Center for Visual Science, University of Rochester, Rochester, New York 14627, USA
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:21-32. 2006To determine the aberrations induced in wavefront-guided laser refractive surgery due to shifts in pupil center location from when aberrations are measured preoperatively (over a dilated pupil) to when they are corrected surgically (over ..
- Effect of intensity of dynamic exercise on pupil diameter in humansNaoyuki Hayashi
Institute of Health Science, Kyushu University, Kasuga, Fukuoka, Japan
J Physiol Anthropol 29:119-22. 2010To test the hypothesis that pupil diameter, which is innervated by the autonomic nervous system, increases with exercise intensity, we determined pupil diameter during incremental exercise in eight healthy subjects...
- Automatic pupillometry from digital imagesD Robert Iskander
Contact Lens and Visual Optics Laboratory, School of Optometry, Queensland University of Technology, Kelvin Grove Q4059, Brisbane, Australia
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 51:1619-27. 2004..In particular, accurate estimation of the pupil size and centration is crucial in customized refractive surgery, corneal transplantation, and advanced contact ..
- Origin of the relative afferent pupillary defect in optic tract lesionsRandy Kardon
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, University of Iowa and Veterans Administration Hospitals, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Ophthalmology 113:1345-53. 2006To determine the percent decussation of pupil input fibers in humans and to explain the size and range of the log unit relative afferent pupillary defect (RAPD) in patients with optic tract lesions.
- Pupil size with and without adrenaline with diclofenac use before cataract surgeryLindsay Ong-Tone
University of Saskatchewan and Pasqua Hospital, Regina Qu Appelle Health Region, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
J Cataract Refract Surg 35:1396-400. 2009..To determine whether adrenaline in the irrigating solution is necessary when diclofenac eyedrops are used before cataract surgery...
- Variability of wavefront aberration measurements in small pupil sizes using a clinical Shack-Hartmann aberrometerHarilaos S Ginis
Vardinoyiannion Eye Institute of Crete VEIC, Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
BMC Ophthalmol 4:1. 2004..We report on the variability of such an instrument at two different pupil sizes.
- Pupil response as an indication of effortful listening: the influence of sentence intelligibilityAdriana A Zekveld
Department of ENT Audiology and the EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ear Hear 31:480-90. 2010The aim of this study was to evaluate the influence of sentence intelligibility on the pupil dilation response during listening. Task-induced pupil-dilation reflects explicit effortful processing load...
- Microstimulation of the monkey superior colliculus induces pupil dilation without evoking saccadesChin An Wang
Centre for Neuroscience Studies, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
J Neurosci 32:3629-36. 2012..of the eyes, head, and attention and other physiological responses such as changes in heart rate and transient pupil dilation...
- Pupillometry in healthy volunteers as a biomarker of tramadol efficacyO Matouskova
Clinical Pharmacology Unit, Institute of Pharmacology, 1st Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
J Clin Pharm Ther 36:513-7. 2011..This study was designed to evaluate the effects of tramadol using different parameters of pupillometry as biomarkers...
- Continuous recording of accommodation and pupil size using the Shin-Nippon SRW-5000 autorefractorJ S Wolffsohn
Neurosciences Research Institute, School of Life and Health Sciences, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 21:108-13. 2001..001 D. Pupil size can also be analysed to a resolution of < 0.001 mm...
- Disorders of the pupilHelmut Wilhelm
Centre for Ophthalmology, University Eye Hospital, University of Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Handb Clin Neurol 102:427-66. 2011b>Pupil size is determined by the interaction of the parasympathetic and the sympathetic nervous system. The parasympathetic system conducts the light reaction with its major center in the dorsal midbrain...
- Higher order aberrations in normal, dilated, intraocular lens, and laser in situ keratomileusis corneasJoseph M Miller
Department of Ophthalmology and the Optical Sciences Center of the University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
J Refract Surg 18:S579-83. 2002..To compare repeated measures of Zernike polynomial higher-order aberrations in 29 normal, 13 dilated normal, 11 intraocular lens (IOL), 11 laser in situ keratomileusis (LASIK), and one refractive keratectomy (RK)/IOL subject...
- Pupil dilation during visual target detectionClaudio M Privitera
School of Optometry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Vis 10:3. 2010It has long been documented that emotional and sensory events elicit a pupillary dilation. Is the pupil response a reliable marker of a visual detection event while viewing complex imagery? In two experiments where viewers were asked to ..
- The amount of intraocular pressure rise during pharmacological pupillary dilatation is an indicator of the likelihood of future progression of glaucomaGhada A Siam
Glaucoma Service Department, Wills Eye Institute, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 91:1170-2. 2007..To determine if there is a relationship between the amount of increase in IOP following dilatation with a cycloplegic agent and the future course of glaucoma...
- The post-illumination pupil response is reduced in glaucoma patientsLaxmikanth Kankipati
Department of Vision Sciences, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 0010, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:2287-92. 2011The post-illumination pupil response (PIPR), which is driven by the intrinsic response of melanopsin-containing, intrinsically photosensitive retinal ganglion cells, has previously been characterized in healthy eyes...
- Analyzing the pupil response due to increased cognitive demand: an independent component analysis studyS Jainta
Leibniz Research Centre for Working Environment and Human Factors, Ardeystrasse 67, D 44139 Dortmund, Germany
Int J Psychophysiol 77:1-7. 2010..extent of processing demands within or between tasks; however, this analysis is complicated by the fact that the pupil also responds to low-level aspects of visual input...
- Pupillometry in the detection of concomitant drug use in opioid-maintained patientsR Murillo
National Institute on Drug Abuse, Intramural Research Program, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 26:271-5. 2004..These preliminary results suggest that pupillometry may be useful to verify concomitant drug use in a methadone-maintained population. Successful implementation of the methodology could reduce costly and intrusive urine testing...
- Effect site concentrations of remifentanil and pupil response to noxious stimulationL Barvais
Department of Anaesthesia, Erasme Hospital, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Anderlecht, Belgium
Br J Anaesth 91:347-52. 2003..The relationship between the target effect site concentration (Ce(T)) of remifentanil and the pupil diameter and reactivity in response to a standard noxious stimulus were evaluated.
- Effect of yellow filters on pupil sizeS T Chung
School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington 47405 3680, USA
Optom Vis Sci 76:59-62. 1999The purpose of this study was to investigate the size of the pupil while viewing through yellow and neutral density (ND) filters...
- A binocular pupil model for simulation of relative afferent pupil defects and the swinging flashlight testClaudio M Privitera
Neuroptics Research Laboratory, 2826 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley, CA 94705, USA
Biol Cybern 94:215-24. 2006Many important intracranial neural pathways are involved in the control of the two muscles of the human pupil and the observation and analysis of pupil responses to light or other stimuli is of great interest in many clinical procedures...
- Pupillary responses on the visual backward masking task reflect general cognitive abilitySteven P Verney
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, CA, USA
Int J Psychophysiol 52:23-36. 2004..Consistent with the neural efficiency hypothesis, individuals who allocated more resources to processing irrelevant information performed more poorly on cognitive ability tests...
- Flash electroretinography: normative values with surface skin electrodes and no pupil dilation using a standard stimulation protocolEleftherios S Papathanasiou
Department of Clinical Neurophysiology, The Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics, 6 International Airport Avenue, P O Box 23462, Nicosia 1683, Cyprus
Doc Ophthalmol 116:61-73. 2008....
- Influence of the pupil size on visual quality and spherical aberration after implantation of the Tecnis 1-piece intraocular lensKatrin Petermeier
University Eye Hospital, Centre of Ophthalmology, Eberhard Karls University, Tuebingen, Germany
Br J Ophthalmol 95:42-5. 2011To evaluate the influence of the pupil size on clinical results and objective parameters of optical quality of the Tecnis 1-piece (ZCB00) intraocular lens.
- The eyes remember it: oculography and pupillometry during recollection in three amnesic patientsBruno Laeng
University of Tromsø, Norway
J Cogn Neurosci 19:1888-904. 2007..in an old/new recognition task, TC and SS and an additional patient, OB, showed significant changes in eye pupil diameter when viewing novel visual stimuli compared to stimuli that they had previously seen, also when they (..
- The influence of age, duration of diabetes, cataract, and pupil size on image quality in digital photographic retinal screeningPeter Henry Scanlon
Department of Ophthalmology, Gloucestershire Eye Unit, Cheltenham General Hospital, Sandford Road, Cheltenham, GL53 7AN, UK
Diabetes Care 28:2448-53. 2005To evaluate the effect of age, duration of diabetes, cataract, and pupil size on the image quality in digital photographic screening.
- Pupil dilation in response preparationSofie Moresi
Department of Movement Sciences, Maastricht University, PO Box 616 6200 MD Maastricht, Netherlands
Int J Psychophysiol 67:124-30. 2008This study examined changes in pupil size during response preparation in a finger-cuing task. Based on the Grouping Model of finger preparation [Adam, J.J., Hommel, B. and Umiltà, C., 2003b...
- Evaluation of retinal status using chromatic pupil light reflex activity in healthy and diseased canine eyesSinisa D Grozdanic
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, IA 50010, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:5178-83. 2007To differentiate rod-cone-mediated pupil light reflexes (PLRs) from intrinsic melanopsin-mediated pupil light reflexes by comparing pupil responses with red and blue light stimuli of differing intensities in normal dog eyes and in those ..
- Influence of surround illumination on pupil size and contrast sensitivityJuan G Vizmanos
Dpto de Optica y Física Aplicada, Universidad de Valladolid, P Prado de la Magdalena s n 47071, Valladolid, Spain
Ophthalmic Physiol Opt 24:464-8. 2004..illumination typical of clinical practice; and to analyse the influence of the angular size of the target on pupil diameter for both surround luminances...
- Intraindividual comparison of higher-order aberrations after implantation of aspherical and spherical intraocular lenses as a function of pupil diameterThomas Kasper
Department of Ophthalmology, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
J Cataract Refract Surg 32:78-84. 2006To compare intraindividual higher-order wavefront aberrations after implantation of aspherical and spherical intraocular lenses (IOLs) as function of pupil diameter.
- Women's pupillary responses to sexually significant others during the hormonal cycleBruno Laeng
Department of Psychology, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
Horm Behav 52:520-30. 2007..In the present study, we indexed changes in sexual interest in terms of changes in the eye pupil's size...
- Resource allocation and fluid intelligence: insights from pupillometryElke van der Meer
Department of Psychology, Humboldt University Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Psychophysiology 47:158-69. 2010..high fluid intelligence processed the high-level geometric analogies faster, more accurately, and showed greater pupil dilations than normal controls. This was only true, however, for the most difficult analogy tasks...
- Effect of pupil size on visual acuity in a laboratory model of pseudophakic monovisionTakushi Kawamorita
Department of Orthoptics and Visual Science, Kitasato University School of Allied Health Sciences, 1 15 1 Kitasato, Sagamihara, Japan
J Refract Surg 26:378-80. 2010To investigate the effect of pupil size on visual acuity in pseudophakic monovision.
- Transient pupil constrictions to faces are sensitive to orientation and speciesC A Conway
School of Psychology, University of Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
J Vis 8:17.1-11. 2008Previous studies have reported transient pupil constrictions to basic visual attributes (e.g., color and movement) that are processed along the ventral and the dorsal pathways...
- Changes in pupil dynamics at high altitude--an observational study using a handheld pupillometerMark H Wilson
London Helicopter Emergency Medical Service, The Helipad, The Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, London, UK
High Alt Med Biol 9:319-25. 2008Gross pupil dynamics are used as an indirect measure of brain function. Changes in hypoxia and intracranial pressure are thought to alter pupil responses to light...
- Comparison of the Colvard, Procyon, and Neuroptics pupillometers for measuring pupil diameter under low ambient illuminationMaurice Schallenberg
Department of Ophthalmology, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
J Refract Surg 26:134-43. 2010To compare three different pupillometers (Colvard, Procyon, and Neuroptics) for determining pupil diameter at 0.04 and 0.4 lux ambient illumination.
- Aqueous humor dynamics studies in vivo and in vitroPAUL LEON KAUFMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The effects on basal pupil diameter, refraction, aqueous humor formation and/or outflow facility will be determined...
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Consistent with the recovery act's goal, this funding will provide full-time summer employment for 4 undergraduate students and accelerate scientific achievement of the parent DP2 award...
- Stem cell-mediated delivery of neurotrophic factors for treatment of glaucomaDonald S Sakaguchi; Fiscal Year: 2010..factor (GDNF) delivered from biodegradable microspheres was temporally correlated with recovering visual function (pupil light reflex and electroretinogram) in rats affected with experimental glaucoma or retinal ischemia...
- Developing Radiological Risk Communication Materials for Low-Literacy PopulationsSARAH B BASS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Reactions to these materials will then be tested using psycho- physiological measures (eye-tracking, pupil dilation, heart rate, respiration rate, skin conductance and body temperature) to assess their effectiveness in ..
- Portable Retinal Imaging Device for Urgent Referrals and Remote TreatmentMatthew S Muller; Fiscal Year: 2012..will develop a low cost and portable retinal camera, the DLP-Cam, to provide high contrast retinal images without pupil dilatation in patients from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds...
- MIDBRAIN CIRCUITRY FOR NEURONAL CONTROL OF GAZEPaul J May; Fiscal Year: 2012..at determining the premotor inputs to the preganglionic parasympathetic motor neurons that control the lens and pupil, and the motor neurons that control the multiply innervated muscle fibers (MIFs) in the extraocular muscles...
- Pupil Size and Circadian Salivary Variations in Autism Spectrum DisorderJOHN A COLOMBO; Fiscal Year: 2010..project proposes a study of the circadian rhythms of cortisol and alpha-amylase and their relationship to tonic pupil size in two to five year old children with Autism Spectrum Disorder...
- Physiology of intrinsically photosensitive retinal ganglion cellsKwoon Y Wong; Fiscal Year: 2013..provided by applicant): The retina mediates various subconscious, photoadaptive responses to light, including pupil constriction, acute enhancement of alertness, regulating hormone secretion from the brain, and synchronizing the ..
- Fiber bundle-based divided-pupil confocal endoscopeMilind Rajadhyaksha; Fiscal Year: 2012The goal of this project is to create a divided-pupil line-scanning fiber bundle-based confocal endoscope for imaging nuclear and cellular morphology in oral mucosa in vivo with reflectance contrast, and to test feasibility for screening ..
- Cross-talk between ganglion-cell photoreceptors and other neurons in the retinaKwoon Y Wong; Fiscal Year: 2012..also mediates subconscious, non-image-forming photic regulation of various physiological functions such as the pupil reflex and the resetting of our body clocks to the solar cycle...
- Screening Device for Diabetic RetinopathyC QUENTIN DAVIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..The device will automatically detect good electrode contact. Pupil size will be automatically measured and the light intensity will be adjusted to provide an optimal retinal ..
- Puberty and Threat/Reward Processing in the Trajectory from Anxiety to DepressionJennifer S Silk; Fiscal Year: 2013..parental criticism and praise task, during functional neuroimaging of brain activity with concurrent assessment of pupil dilation...
- Developing Models of Retinal and Eye DefectsJames M Fadool; Fiscal Year: 2010..and maintenance of the anterior segment, through a morphological screen for defects in the lens, cornea and pupil of the larval eye...
- Psychophysiology of Emotion in Parkinsons DiseaseJENNA B DIETZ; Fiscal Year: 2013..2006), while the other demonstrated normal reactivity as reflected by pupil dilation responses that were larger to emotional than neutral pictures (Dietz et al., 2010)...
- Characterization of the Response to the Kappa Opiate Agonist Salvinorin A in HealMohini Ranganathan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Physiological parameters (blood pressure, pulse rate, pulse oximetry) and pupil size will be measured. Blood will be sampled frequently for analysis of SA and plasma prolactin levels...
- System for Increasing Patient Access to Eye Exams for Diabetic RetinopathyMatthew S Muller; Fiscal Year: 2013..No pupil dilation is needed...
- SYNAPTIC INTERACTIONS AND MECHANISMS IN THE RETINADAVID RICHARD COPENHAGEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Although melanopsin ganglion cells are known to control pupil responses and photoentrainment of circadian rhythms, this proposed early neonatal function for melanopsin has not ..
- The Development and Neural Bases of Emotion ProcessingCHARLES ALEXANDER NELSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 2 examines a similar question, except that autonomic activity (skin conductance and pupil diameter) will be recorded in conjunction with functional Near Infrared Spectroscopy (fNIRS)...
- The relationship between locus coeruleus activity and pupil diameterJoshua I Gold; Fiscal Year: 2012..One possible solution to this problem is to measure pupil diameter, which is relatively straightforward to measure and under certain low-light conditions is thought to ..
- Neuronal and genetic basis of photosensory behavior in C. elegansX Z Shawn Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..those extra-ocular photoreceptor cells, mediate non-image-forming functions such as phototaxis, circadian rhythms, pupil constriction, and magnetic orientation...
- Evaluation of pupillary light reflex as biomarker of neurodevelopmental disorderGang Yao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pupillary light reflex (PLR) is a simple functional neurological test that measures the pupil size changes in response to a short light flash...
- The melanopsin-driven pupillary light reflex in seasonal affective disorderKathryn A Roecklein; Fiscal Year: 2013..These cells also drive a portion of the pupil light reflex termed the post-illumination pupil response (PIPR), in which the pupil constricts after light offset...
- Assessment of Affect Instability in Adolescent Girls with BPD FeaturesDiana J Whalen; Fiscal Year: 2012..In the proposed study, I will examine both the pupil dilation patterns of adolescent girls at high and low levels of AI and face-to-face interactions with their ..
- ACCOMMODATIVE CONTACT LENs FOR PRESBYOPIC CORRECTIONHongrui Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2011..At the center of the ACL covering the pupil is a 6-mm-diameter tunable liquid lens, whose focal length can be continuously adjusted to provide 0 to 4 diopters ..
- "Developmental changes and individual differences in sensitivity to fairness"Jessica Sommerville; Fiscal Year: 2013..Across 10 experiments 6 to 24-month-old infants take part in both implicit tasks (based on looking times and pupil dilation) and explicit tasks (based on infants'overt social behavior) to investigate developmental changes ..
- Adaptive Optics Retinal Imaging in a Clinical Setting Using Long Stroke WavefrontPAUL ARTHUR BIERDEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..It uses long wavelength and low intensit source illumination, so that many subjects can be imaged without pupil dilation...
- Mechanical Interaction between Aqueous Humor and IrisVictor Barocas; Fiscal Year: 2009..The effects of accommodation, blinking, and pupil diameter are not due to the position of the relevant tissues but rather to the motion thereof...
- Low-Cost Device for Digital Retinal ImagingAnn E Elsner; Fiscal Year: 2010..e. dark field, imaging, as well as image averaging and image sharpening. The camera works with an undilated pupil, due to the small entrance/exit split pupil system and near infra-red light...
- Testing the Reliability and Validity of Pupil Diameter in Opioid-exposed neonatesSarah H Heil; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Pupil diameter is one of the most frequently assessed objective indices of the pharmacodynamic effects of opioids in humans...
- Randomized Controlled Trial of the P.L.A.Y. Project Intervention for AutismRichard Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2011..to the National Research Council, these children need intensive intervention (25 hours/week, 1:1 or 1:2 teacher to pupil ratio), which most states do not provide because a) there is a national shortage of trained personnel, b) such ..
- ROLE OF PEPTIDES IN OCULOMOTOR NEUROTRANSMISSIONVINCENT CHIAPPINELLI; Fiscal Year: 1992..These include some defects in accommodation, internal ophthalmoplegia and tonic pupil. In addition, the condition of the pupil is an important diagnostic sign in numerous ocular syndromes and in ..
- FMRI of Autonomic Regulation with AcupunctureKYUNGMO PARK; Fiscal Year: 2010..ECG data can be used to infer autonomic tone to the heart through heart rate variability (HRV), while pupil size variability (PSV) can be used to measure autonomic tone to the eye...
- STRUCTURE AND FUNCTION OF MAMMALIAN GANGLION CELLSDavid M Berson; Fiscal Year: 2012..and help to drive various reflexive responses to daylight, such resetting the circadian clock and adjusting pupil diameter. Much of the work in the next grant period is inspired by two surprising lines of pilot evidence...
- 3D Dynamics of Cellular Information FlowWILLIAM E MOERNER; Fiscal Year: 2013..We apply polarization sensing and new pupil plane processing methods to extend performance...
- The distribution of light on the human retinaRichard A Bone; Fiscal Year: 2012..light in the scene being observed, the subject's gaze position in the scene, and the size of the eye's pupil. Preliminary studies have demonstrated the feasibility of our approach using an eye-tracking system...
- Variable Power PhoropterJames T Schwiegerling; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, the transmissive AO devices eliminate the need for pupil relay optics and consequently provide a large field of view...
- Patterning within a NeuroepitheliumROSS LEIGH CAGAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..and understand how epithelia assemble into useful tissues, my laboratory has focused on the developing Drosophila pupil eye...
- Validation study of atypical dynamic pupillary light reflex as a biomarker for auGANG contact YAO; Fiscal Year: 2010..PLR refers to the involuntary response whereby the pupil size changes in response to a short flash light...
- PHYSIOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF OPTIC NERVE DISEASEP King Smith; Fiscal Year: 1991..The four proposed axon systems are B (blue sensitive), RGA (red-green color and acuity), F (flicker) and P (pupil light refles afferent)...
- A Role for Locus Coeruleus in Information ProcessingMatthew Nassar; Fiscal Year: 2012..The first specific aim is to characterize the relationship between pupil diameter and LC activity...
- Pulsed Electron Avalanche Knife: Intraocular Microsurg.Daniel Palanker; Fiscal Year: 2006..capsulotomies will be created simply in eyes with poor visualization of the capsule, or with a miotic pupil. Applications to non-penetrating trabeculectomy and other ophthalmic and non-ophthalmic microsurgical procedures ..
- Melanopsin-expressing retinal ganglion cells: novel genetic toolsPaulo Kofuji; Fiscal Year: 2009..capture light to regulate non visual processes such as day night rhythms and the narrowing and widening of the pupil. To capture light, these special cells called intrinsically photoreceptive retinal ganglion cells, require ..
- PUPILLOMETRIC SLEEPINESS IN TREATED SLEEP DISORDERSJoan Shaver; Fiscal Year: 2003..As people become sleepy, their pupils oscillate widely and decrease in size. In this study, the Pupil Unrest Index (PUI) will be calculated to estimate sleepiness using desk top pupillometry, an efficient, convenient,..
- Mechanisms of Learning and Production of BirdsongSANTOSH HELEKAR; Fiscal Year: 2004..The specific aims of the proposal are: (1) to study the relative contributions of parental lineage and tutor- pupil interaction in the learned acquisition by juvenile zebra finches of song syllable repetitions; (2) to examine the ..
- Evaluation of California's SB19 Pupil Nutrition ActWilliam McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2004..SB 19, the Pupil Nutrition, Health and Achievement Act of 2001, is scheduled to begin in 2004...
- Method for Studying Neural Correlates of BirdsongSANTOSH HELEKAR; Fiscal Year: 2006..This method enables us to test the hypothesis that the dynamic changes associated with the matching of pupil song with the target tutor song during learning is dependent on and preceded by the formation of the sensory ..
- COMPUTER BASED IMAGE ANALYSIS OF IRIS SECTIONSM Wickham; Fiscal Year: 1990..In primates, iris (and pupil opening) function overtly is tightly yoked to the twin constrains of ambient light and accommodative state...
- COMPLEX DYNAMICS AND NOISE IN THE PUPIL LIGHT REFLEXJohn Milton; Fiscal Year: 2002..between attractors can be an important contribution to complex neural dynamics such as those, which occur in the pupil light reflex (PLR)...
- Pupillometry and Gaze-Tracking in Unrestrained MonkeysMICHAEL WEED; Fiscal Year: 2006..Measures to be recorded include estimates of pupil size and direction of the monkey's gaze...
- Low-Cost Device for Digital Retinal ImagingANN ELSNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..acceptable image quality instead of the typical uncomformably bright shorter wavelegnths that constrict the pupil, 3) explore what sensitvities and contrasts are achieved in pathological features using near IR imaging techniques,..
- Modulation of Opioid Effects by Garlic SupplementsDanny Shen; Fiscal Year: 2007..of cognitive function (visual-motor coordination, memory, verbal reasoning), and 3) physiological responses (pupil constriction, respiration)...
- LOW DIMENSIONAL CHAOS, NONLINEAR MAPS & NERVOUS SYSTEMJames Theiler; Fiscal Year: 1992..in deep sleep and epilepsy, single neuron recordings in the cat and monkey visual cortex, and hippus in the pupil-light reflex...
- NEURONAL CIRCUITRY CONTROLLING THE LENS AND PUPILPaul May; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- The Actin Cytoskeleton of Photoreceptor Inner SegmentsMARY BURNSIDE; Fiscal Year: 2007..photoreceptor morphogenesis, to inner and outer segment alignment, and to alignment of the inner segment with the pupil. It also examines the hypothesis that these bundles provide tracks for myosin-dependent transport of cargo between ..
- Ocular Biometry in Vision ScreeningHerve Byron; Fiscal Year: 2005..Automated algorithms process pupil images and make a final vision screening decision with no expert viewer required...
- COGNITIVE LINKAGE TO BRAIN FUNCTIONMARCEL JUST; Fiscal Year: 2001..develops new methodologies with clinical potential (relating eye fixations to cognitive processes and relating pupil dilation to the consumption of cognitive resources)...
- PUPILLARY AND VER INDICATORS OF OPTIC NERVE DISEASEH Thompson; Fiscal Year: 1980..This can be measured with a simple flashlight and a set of neutral density filters. 2. Pupil Cycle Time. Pupillary oscillations are induced at the slit lamp and the rate of the cycling is measured. 3...
- Advanced Bifocal Contact LensRobert Mandell; Fiscal Year: 2004..form of monocentricity and 2) lens design features that provide controlled lens translation on the eye in order to place the desired lens power area in front of the entrance pupil of the wearer at the desired time.
- Advanced Bifocal Contact LensRobert Mandell; Fiscal Year: 2002..form of monocentricity and 2) lens design features that provide controlled lens translation on the eye in order to place the desired lens power area in front of the entrance pupil of the wearer at the desired time.
- Brain, Behavior and Biological RhythmsLAWRENCE MORIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Drug and lesion experiments will, in sequential fashion, determine whether the pupil, retina, SCN or IGL contribute to the capacity of the hamster circadian rhythm system to effectively assess ..
- WORKING MEMORY IN VISUAL REASONING AND LANGUAGEPATRICIA CARPENTER; Fiscal Year: 2000..In addition, pupil dilation measures will be used to index the consumption of cognitive resources...
- AUTONOMIC STRESS REACTIVITY IN FIBROMYALGIAAkiko Okifuji; Fiscal Year: 2001..will undergo various stress tasks, orthostatic torelance test, and pain sensitivity test while blood pressure and pupil size are continuously measured...