Genomes and Genes
Summary: The semilunar-shaped ganglion containing the cells of origin of most of the sensory fibers of the trigeminal nerve. It is situated within the dural cleft on the cerebral surface of the petrous portion of the temporal bone and gives off the ophthalmic, maxillary, and part of the mandibular nerves.
Publications269 found, 100 shown here
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide-mediated enhancement of purinergic neuron/glia communication by the algogenic factor bradykinin in mouse trigeminal ganglia from wild-type and R192Q Cav2.1 Knock-in mice: implications for basic mechanisms of migraine painStefania Ceruti
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, 20133 Milan, Italy
J Neurosci 31:3638-49. 2011Within the trigeminal ganglion, crosstalk between neurons and satellite glial cells (SGCs) contributes to neuronal sensitization and transduction of painful stimuli, including migraine pain, at least partly through activation of ..
- Herpes simplex virus-specific memory CD8+ T cells are selectively activated and retained in latently infected sensory gangliaKamal M Khanna
Graduate Program in Immunology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Immunity 18:593-603. 2003..gB(498-505) HSV-1 epitope are selectively retained in the ophthalmic branch of the latently infected trigeminal ganglion, where they acquire and maintain an activation phenotype and the capacity to produce IFN-gamma...
- TRPM3 is a nociceptor channel involved in the detection of noxious heatJoris Vriens
Laboratory of Ion Channel Research and TRP Research Platform Leuven TRPLe, KU Leuven, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Neuron 70:482-94. 2011..These experiments reveal an unanticipated role for TRPM3 as a thermosensitive nociceptor channel implicated in the detection of noxious heat...
- Neuron-interacting satellite glial cells in human trigeminal ganglia have an APC phenotypeMonique van Velzen
Department of Virology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 183:2456-61. 2009....
- Tumor necrosis factor-α induces sensitization of meningeal nociceptors mediated via local COX and p38 MAP kinase actionsXi Chun Zhang
Department of Anesthesia, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pain 152:140-9. 2011....
- Epoxyeicosatrienoic acids are endogenous regulators of vasoactive neuropeptide release from trigeminal ganglion neuronsJeffrey J Iliff
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Neurochem 115:1530-42. 2010..We previously described the expression of cytochrome P450-2J epoxygenase in rat trigeminal ganglion neurons and that EETs signaling is involved in cerebrovascular dilation resulting from perivascular nerve ..
- Neuropilin 2/semaphorin 3F signaling is essential for cranial neural crest migration and trigeminal ganglion condensationLaura S Gammill
Division of Biology 139 74, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Dev Neurobiol 67:47-56. 2007..In addition, trigeminal ganglia fail to form correctly in the mutants and are improperly condensed and loosely organized. These data show that npn2/sema3F signaling is required for proper cranial neural crest development in the head...
- Targeted deletion of the mouse POU domain gene Brn-3a causes selective loss of neurons in the brainstem and trigeminal ganglion, uncoordinated limb movement, and impaired sucklingM Xiang
Department of Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University School Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:11950-5. 1996....
- Vertebrate cranial placodes I. Embryonic inductionC V Baker
Division of Biology 139 74, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California, 91125, USA
Dev Biol 232:1-61. 2001....
- Mustard oils and cannabinoids excite sensory nerve fibres through the TRP channel ANKTM1Sven Eric Jordt
Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 2140, USA
Nature 427:260-5. 2004..These findings identify a cellular and molecular target for the pungent action of mustard oils and support an emerging role for TRP channels as ionotropic cannabinoid receptors...
- Selective retention of herpes simplex virus-specific T cells in latently infected human trigeminal gangliaGeorges M G M Verjans
Department of Virology, Erasmus Medical Center, Dr Molewaterplein 50, 3015 GE, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3496-501. 2007..In contrast, T cells do not seem to be directly involved in controlling VZV latency in human TG...
- Immunohistochemical colocalization of TREK-1, TREK-2 and TRAAK with TRP channels in the trigeminal ganglion cellsYoshio Yamamoto
Laboratory of Veterinary Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Faculty of Agriculture, Iwate University, Ueda 3 18 8, Morioka, Iwate 020 8550, Japan
Neurosci Lett 454:129-33. 2009..Mean sizes of TREK-1, TREK-2 and TRAAK immunoreactive trigeminal ganglion neurons were 447+/-185, 445+/-23 and 492+/-12 mm2, respectively...
- The differential expression of low-threshold K+ currents generates distinct firing patterns in different subtypes of adult mouse trigeminal ganglion neuronesLuigi Catacuzzeno
Dipartimento Biologia Cellulare e Ambientale, Universita di Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Physiol 586:5101-18. 2008In adult mouse trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurones we identified three neuronal subpopulations, defined in terms of their firing response to protracted depolarizations, namely MF neurones, characterized by a multiple tonic firing; DMF ..
- Hydrogen sulfide increases excitability through suppression of sustained potassium channel currents of rat trigeminal ganglion neuronsXingmei Feng
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Neuroscience, Key Laboratory of Pain Research and Therapy, Soochow University, Suzhou 215123, China
Mol Pain 9:4. 2013..However, the role and mechanism for H2S in nociceptive processing in trigeminal ganglion (TG) neuron remains unknown...
- Systematic and quantitative mRNA expression analysis of TRP channel genes at the single trigeminal and dorsal root ganglion level in mouseIne Vandewauw
Laboratory of Ion Channel Research, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine and TRP Research Platform Leuven, KU Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
BMC Neurosci 14:21. 2013....
- Deep tissue inflammation upregulates neuropeptides and evokes nociceptive behaviors which are modulated by a neuropeptide antagonistRanjinidevi Ambalavanar
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore, 21201, USA
Pain 120:53-68. 2006..Elevated levels of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) within the trigeminal ganglion temporally correlated with this mechanical allodynia...
- Trigeminal ganglion neuron subtype-specific alterations of Ca(V)2.1 calcium current and excitability in a Cacna1a mouse model of migraineB Fioretti
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padova and CNR Institute of Neuroscience, 35121 Padova, Italy
J Physiol 589:5879-95. 2011..Here we studied the calcium currents and excitability properties of two subpopulations of small-diameter trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurons from adult wild-type (WT) and R192Q FHM1 knockin (KI) mice: capsaicin-sensitive neurons ..
- PACAP induces neurite outgrowth in cultured trigeminal ganglion cells and recovery of corneal sensitivity after flap surgery in rabbitsChiho Fukiage
Senju Laboratory of Ocular Sciences, Senju Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
Am J Ophthalmol 143:255-262. 2007..adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP) to induce growth of neuronal processes in cultured trigeminal ganglion cells, and to accelerate neurite outgrowth and recovery of corneal sensitivity after creation of a corneal ..
- Satellite glial cell P2Y12 receptor in the trigeminal ganglion is involved in lingual neuropathic pain mechanisms in ratsAyano Katagiri
Department of Physiology, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Pain 8:23. 2012..stimulation of the tongue, P2Y12R and glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) immunohistochemistries in the trigeminal ganglion (TG) in a rat model of unilateral lingual nerve crush (LNC) to evaluate role of P2Y12R in SGC in lingual ..
- Expression of P2X₁ and P2X₄ receptors in rat trigeminal ganglion neuronsHidetaka Kuroda
Oral Health Science Center hrc8, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Neuroreport 23:752-6. 2012..the contribution of P2X₃ and/or P2X(2/3) receptors toward the pain mechanism is well described in trigeminal ganglion neurons, the expression of other subtypes of P2X receptor remains to be clarified...
- Trigeminal ganglion neurons of mice show intracellular chloride accumulation and chloride-dependent amplification of capsaicin-induced responsesNicole Schöbel
Department of Cell Physiology, Ruhr University Bochum, Bochum, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e48005. 2012..In summary, our results strongly argue for a Ca(2+)-activated Cl(-)-dependent signal amplification mechanism in TG neurons that requires intracellular Cl(-) accumulation by NKCC1 and the activation of CaCCs...
- p75 is important for axon growth and schwann cell migration during developmentC A Bentley
The Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Neurosci 20:7706-15. 2000..Electron microscopy studies of the axons of the trigeminal ganglion at E13...
- Functional crosstalk in culture between macrophages and trigeminal sensory neurons of a mouse genetic model of migraineAlessia Franceschini
Department of Neuroscience and Italian Institute of Technology Unit, International School for Advanced Studies SISSA, via Bonomea 265, Trieste, 34136, Italy
BMC Neurosci 13:143. 2012Enhanced activity of trigeminal ganglion neurons is thought to underlie neuronal sensitization facilitating the onset of chronic pain attacks, including migraine...
- Facial injections of pruritogens and algogens excite partly overlapping populations of primary and second-order trigeminal neurons in miceT Akiyama
Department of Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Neurophysiol 104:2442-50. 2010..Calcium imaging of primary sensory trigeminal ganglion (TG) cells showed that 15.4% responded to histamine, 5...
- Partial infraorbital nerve ligation as a model of trigeminal nerve injury in the mouse: behavioral, neural, and glial reactionsMei Xu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7280, USA
J Pain 9:1036-48. 2008..Nerve injury marker ATF3 was markedly increased in ipsilateral trigeminal ganglion neurons at 8 days after pIONL...
- TRPA1 receptors mediate environmental irritant-induced meningeal vasodilatationPhillip Edward Kunkler
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Stark Neurosciences Research Institute, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Pain 152:38-44. 2011..We suggest that these events contribute to headache associated with environmental irritants...
- Tooth pulp inflammation increases brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression in rodent trigeminal ganglion neuronsL Tarsa
Department of Integrative Biosciences, Oregon Health and Science University School of Dentistry, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuroscience 167:1205-15. 2010Nociceptive pathways with first-order neurons located in the trigeminal ganglion (TG) provide sensory innervation to the head, and are responsible for a number of common chronic pain conditions, including migraines, temporomandibular ..
- Multisensory integration in the dorsal cochlear nucleus: unit responses to acoustic and trigeminal ganglion stimulationS E Shore
Kresge Hearing Research Institute and Department of Otolaryngology, University of Michigan, 1301 East Ann Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Eur J Neurosci 21:3334-48. 2005..We investigated trigeminal system influences on guinea pig DCN cells by stimulating the trigeminal ganglion while recording spontaneous and sound-driven activity from DCN neurons...
- Differential Changes in TRPV1 expression after trigeminal sensory nerve injuryHyun Yeong Kim
Department of Physiology and Program in Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Pain 9:280-8. 2008..In these animals, we found that neuronal loss of trigeminal ganglion (TG) was not correlated with pain hypersensitivity...
- Can satellite glial cells be therapeutic targets for pain control?Luc Jasmin
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Neuron Glia Biol 6:63-71. 2010..Taken together these data suggest that SGCs may play a role in the genesis or maintenance of pain and open a range of new possibilities for curing neuropathic pain...
- Downregulation of selective microRNAs in trigeminal ganglion neurons following inflammatory muscle painGuang Bai
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Program in Neuroscience, University Maryland Dental School, Baltimore, MD, USA
Mol Pain 3:15. 2007..unilaterally into the rat masseter muscle and quantified changes in neuron-specific mature miRNAs in the trigeminal ganglion (TG)...
- Expression of transient receptor potential ankyrin 1 (TRPA1) in the rat trigeminal sensory afferents and spinal dorsal hornYun Sook Kim
Department of Oral Anatomy and Neurobiology, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
J Comp Neurol 518:687-98. 2010..To address this issue, we characterized the TRPA1-positive (+) neurons in the trigeminal ganglion (TG) and investigated the distribution of TRPA1(+) afferent fibers and their synaptic connectivity within ..
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors induce reactivation of herpes simplex virus type 1 in a latency-associated transcript-independent manner in neuronal cellsRobert J Danaher
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics, University of Kentucky College of Dentistry and College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536 0297, USA
J Neurovirol 11:306-17. 2005..e., recrudescence)...
- A central role for Islet1 in sensory neuron development linking sensory and spinal gene regulatory programsYunfu Sun
Department of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 93093, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:1283-93. 2008..Together these results establish a central role for Islet1 in the transition from sensory neurogenesis to subtype specification...
- Level of herpes simplex virus type 1 latency correlates with severity of corneal scarring and exhaustion of CD8+ T cells in trigeminal ganglia of latently infected miceKevin R Mott
Center for Neurobiology and Vaccine Development, Ophthalmology Research Laboratories, CSMC Burns and Allen Research Institute, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Virol 83:2246-54. 2009....
- Differential regulation of P2X(3) mRNA expression by peripheral nerve injury in intact and injured neurons in the rat sensory gangliaK Tsuzuki
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, 1 1 Mukogawa cho, Nishinomiya, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
Pain 91:351-60. 2001..peroneal nerves and the transection of the infraorbital nerve, and observed dorsal root ganglion (DRG) and trigeminal ganglion neurons, respectively...
- Trigeminal injury causes kappa opioid-dependent allodynic, glial and immune cell responses in miceMegumi Aita
Department of Pharmacology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7280, USA
Mol Pain 6:8. 2010..BrdU) as a mitotic marker, we assessed cell proliferation in three different areas of the trigeminal afferent pathway: trigeminal nucleus principalis (Vp), trigeminal root entry zone (TREZ), and trigeminal ganglion (TG).
- Regulation of calcitonin gene-related peptide secretion from trigeminal nerve cells by botulinum toxin type A: implications for migraine therapyPaul L Durham
Department of Biology, Southwest Missouri State University, MO, USA
Headache 44:35-42; discussion 42-3. 2004..To determine the effect of botulinum toxin type A on calcitonin gene-related peptide secretion from cultured trigeminal ganglia neurons...
- Purinoceptor-mediated calcium signaling in primary neuron-glia trigeminal culturesStefania Ceruti
Laboratory of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology of Purinergic Transmission, Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Cell Calcium 43:576-90. 2008..At this exposure time, P2Y receptors responses in satellite glia were instead upregulated, suggesting a complex modulation of P2 receptors in pain signaling...
- Localization of P2X2 and P2X3 receptors in rat trigeminal ganglion neuronsV Staikopoulos
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, 3010, Australia
Neuroscience 144:208-16. 2007..examine the distribution of P2X2 and P2X3 receptors in primary afferent cell bodies in the rat trigeminal ganglion, including those innervating the dura...
- A recombinant herpes simplex virus type 1 expressing two additional copies of gK is more pathogenic than wild-type virus in two different strains of miceKevin R Mott
Center for Neurobiology and Vaccine Development, Ophthalmology Research, Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Burns and Allen Research Institute, CSMC D2024, 8700 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Virol 81:12962-72. 2007..Taken together, these results strongly suggest that increased gK levels promote eye disease and chronic infection in infected mice...
- Selective distribution and function of primary afferent nociceptive inputs from deep muscle tissue to the brainstem trigeminal transition zoneHu Wang
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Dental School and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201 1586, USA
J Comp Neurol 498:390-402. 2006..b>Trigeminal ganglion tissue sections were processed for single or double immunohistochemistry...
- Botulinum toxin type a (150 kDa) decreases exaggerated neurotransmitter release from trigeminal ganglion neurons and relieves neuropathy behaviors induced by infraorbital nerve constrictionY Kitamura
Department of Oral Rehabilitation and Regenerative Medicine, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama, Japan
Neuroscience 159:1422-9. 2009..Thus, we monitored the secretory activity of acutely dissociated trigeminal ganglion (TRG) neurons from naïve and IoNC rats by measuring the fluorescence intensity of the membrane-uptake ..
- TRPA1 acts as a cold sensor in vitro and in vivoYuji Karashima
Laboratory of Ion Channel Research, Division of Physiology, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Campus Gasthuisberg O and N1, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Herestraat 49 bus 802, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:1273-8. 2009..Second, we identify and characterize a specific subset of cold-sensitive trigeminal ganglion neurons that is absent in TRPA1-deficient mice...
- Effects of carbamazepine and amitriptyline on tetrodotoxinresistant Na+ channels in immature rat trigeminal ganglion neuronsYun Kyung Hur
Department of Oral Medicine, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 412, Korea
Arch Pharm Res 31:178-82. 2008..peripheral nerve injury-induced pain, much less is known about the actions of these drugs on immature trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurons...
- Effects of familial hemiplegic migraine type 1 mutation T666M on voltage-gated calcium channel activities in trigeminal ganglion neuronsJin Tao
Washington University Pain Center and Department of Anesthesiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Neurophysiol 107:1666-80. 2012..of T666M, the most frequently occurring FHM-1 mutation, on VGCC currents and neuronal excitability in trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurons. We expressed human wild-type and T666M Ca(V)2.1 subunits in cultured TG neurons from Ca(V)2...
- Bidirectional calcium signaling between satellite glial cells and neurons in cultured mouse trigeminal gangliaSylvia O Suadicani
Dominick P Purpura Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Neuron Glia Biol 6:43-51. 2010..Focal electrical or mechanical stimulation of single neurons in trigeminal ganglion cultures increased intracellular calcium concentration in these cells and triggered calcium elevations in ..
- Hyperpolarization-activated cyclic-nucleotide gated 4 (HCN4) protein is expressed in a subset of rat dorsal root and trigeminal ganglion neuronsHyun Jung Cho
Department Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Cell Tissue Res 338:171-7. 2009..This population was not insignificant, comprising 5% of TG neurons and 2% of DRG neurons...
- Role of peripheral mu-opioid receptors in inflammatory orofacial muscle painS Nunez
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland Baltimore School of Dentistry, 650 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neuroscience 146:1346-54. 2007..These results demonstrated that activation of peripheral MOR provides greater anti-nociception in inflamed muscle, and that the enhanced MOR effect can be partly explained by significant up-regulation of MOR expression in TG...
- Herpes simplex virus type 1 latency-associated transcript expression protects trigeminal ganglion neurons from apoptosisFrancisco J Branco
Department of Microbiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 3610 Hamilton Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Virol 79:9019-25. 2005..Furthermore, no HSV strain 17-infected trigeminal ganglion neurons were apoptotic, but 0.087% of 17deltaSty and 0.98% of 17 N/H-infected neurons were apoptotic...
- Adaptation of trigeminal ganglion cells to periodic whisker deflectionsGeorge Fraser
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Somatosens Mot Res 23:111-8. 2006b>Trigeminal ganglion neurons in adult rats adapt to periodic whisker deflections in the range of 1-40 Hz, manifested as a reduction in spike counts to progressively later stimuli in a train of pulsatile or sinusoidal deflections...
- Temporomandibular joint pain: a critical role for Trpv4 in the trigeminal ganglionYong Chen
Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Pain 154:1295-304. 2013..the pathogenetic contributions of the calcium-permeable TRPV4 ion channel, robustly expressed in the trigeminal ganglion sensory neurons, to TMJ inflammation and pain behavior...
- Polysialylated-neural cell adhesion molecule (PSA-NCAM) in the human trigeminal ganglion and brainstem at prenatal and adult agesMarina Quartu
Department of Cytomorphology, University of Cagliari, Cittadella Universitaria di Monserrato, Monserrato Cagliari, Italy
BMC Neurosci 9:108. 2008..potential for dynamic changes of specific neuronal populations in man, this study analyses the immunohistochemical occurrence of PSA-NCAM in the human trigeminal ganglion (TG) and brainstem neuronal populations at prenatal and adult age.
- Histochemical evidence for microglia-like macrophages in the rat trigeminal ganglionJ A Glenn
Department of Oral Biology, College of Dentistry, Ohio State University, Columbus
J Anat 183:475-81. 1993..In the present study, this lectin was used to assess the existence of macrophages in the rat trigeminal ganglion. Vibratome sections of fixed ganglia were incubated with horseradish peroxidase (HRP)-conjugated isolectin, ..
- Development of rodent whisking: trigeminal input and central pattern generationMargo Landers
Department of Psychology, Hunter College, City University of New York, NY 10021, USA
Somatosens Mot Res 23:1-10. 2006..They are discussed in relation to the development of pattern generating mechanisms in the rodent whisker system...
- Two mechanisms involved in trigeminal CGRP release: implications for migraine treatmentPaul L Durham
Center for Biomedical and Life Sciences, Missouri State University, Springfield, MO, USA
Headache 53:67-80. 2013..A possible explanation is that triptans and onabotulinumtoxinA are not able to block proton-mediated CGRP secretion...
- Inflammation-induced increase in hyperpolarization-activated, cyclic nucleotide-gated channel protein in trigeminal ganglion neurons and the effect of buprenorphineH J Cho
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Neuroscience 162:453-61. 2009..HCN1 and HCN2 channel immunoreactivity was observed on the membranes of medium- to large-sized trigeminal ganglion neurons with 76% and 85% of HCN1 and HCN2 expressing neurons also containing the 200 kDa neurofilament ..
- AAN-EFNS guidelines on trigeminal neuralgia managementG Cruccu
Department of Neurological Sciences, La Sapienza University, Rome, Italy
Eur J Neurol 15:1013-28. 2008..The role of surgery versus pharmacotherapy in the management of TN in patients with multiple sclerosis remains uncertain...
- Effects of LPS on P2X3 receptors of trigeminal sensory neurons and macrophages from mice expressing the R192Q Cacna1a gene mutation of familial hemiplegic migraine-1Alessia Franceschini
Department of Neuroscience and Italian Institute of Technology Unit, International School for Advanced Studies SISSA, via Bonomea 265, 34136, Trieste, Italy
Purinergic Signal 9:7-13. 2013....
- Potentiation of 5-HT3 receptor function by the activation of coexistent 5-HT2 receptors in trigeminal ganglion neurons of ratsWang Ping Hu
Laboratory of Neuropharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, 13 Hangkong Road, Wuhan 430030, PR China
Neuropharmacology 47:833-40. 2004..whether the activation of 5-HT2 and 5-HT1 receptors could modulate 5-HT3 receptor mediated current in rat trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurons using whole-cell patch clamp technique...
- Nasal chemosensory-stimulation evoked activity patterns in the rat trigeminal ganglion visualized by in vivo voltage-sensitive dye imagingMarkus Rothermel
Lehrstuhl fur Zellphysiologie, Ruhr Universitat, Bochum, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e26158. 2011..known about the representation of volatile chemical stimuli at an early stage in the trigeminal system, the trigeminal ganglion (TG), which contains neurons directly projecting to the nasal cavity...
- Potassium channels as a potential therapeutic target for trigeminal neuropathic and inflammatory painMamoru Takeda
Department of Physiology, School of Life Dentistry at Tokyo, Nippon Dental University, 1 9 20 Fujimi cho, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo, Japan
Mol Pain 7:5. 2011..pain animal models, particularly the relationship between changes in Kv channels and the excitability of trigeminal ganglion (TRG) neurons...
- IL-1β stimulates COX-2 dependent PGE₂ synthesis and CGRP release in rat trigeminal ganglia cellsLars Neeb
Department of Neurology and Experimental Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e17360. 2011..The trigeminal ganglion and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) are crucial components in the pathophysiology of primary ..
- Herpes simplex virus type 1 corneal infection results in periocular disease by zosteriform spreadB C Summers
Department of Ophthalmology, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Virol 75:5069-75. 2001..disease development occurs by zosteriform spread from the cornea to the periocular tissue via the trigeminal ganglion rather than by direct spread from cornea to the periocular skin...
- Dural afferents express acid-sensing ion channels: a role for decreased meningeal pH in migraine headacheJin Yan
University of Arizona School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology, Tucson, AZ 85724, USA
Pain 152:106-13. 2011..These data provide a cellular mechanism by which decreased pH in the meninges following ischemic or inflammatory events directly excites afferent pain-sensing neurons potentially contributing to migraine headache...
- Neutralization of nerve growth factor induces plasticity of ATP-sensitive P2X3 receptors of nociceptive trigeminal ganglion neuronsRashid Giniatullin
Neurobiology Sector, International School for Advanced Studies, 34014 Trieste, Italy
J Neurosci 27:8190-201. 2007..is proposed as a novel analgesic approach, its consequences on nociceptive purinergic P2X receptors of trigeminal ganglion neurons remain unknown...
- A5-positive primary sensory neurons are nonpermissive for productive infection with herpes simplex virus 1 in vitroAndrea S Bertke
Department of Ophthalmology, University of California, San Francisco, Medical Sciences Building, s 310, 513 Parnassus Ave, Box 0412, San Francisco, CA 94143 0412, USA
J Virol 85:6669-77. 2011..the establishment of HSV latency in specific subtypes of neurons, cultured dissociated adult murine trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurons were assessed for relative permissiveness for productive infection...
- Spontaneous molecular reactivation of herpes simplex virus type 1 latency in miceLawrence T Feldman
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of California Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:978-83. 2002..In the absence of detectable infectious virus in these ganglia, we propose the term "spontaneous molecular reactivation" to describe this ongoing process...
- Lipid rafts control P2X3 receptor distribution and function in trigeminal sensory neurons of a transgenic migraine mouse modelAswini Gnanasekaran
Neurobiology Sector and Italian Institute of Technology Unit, International School for Advanced Studies, Trieste, Italy
Mol Pain 7:77. 2011..In an attempt to understand the basic mechanisms linked to the upregulation of P2X3 receptor activity, we investigated the influence of the lipid domain of these trigeminal sensory neurons on receptor compartmentalization and function...
- Somatostatin inhibits the excitability of rat small-diameter trigeminal ganglion neurons that innervate nasal mucosa and project to the upper cervical dorsal horn via activation of somatostatin 2a receptorM Takeda
Department of Physiology, School of Life Dentistry at Tokyo, Nippon Dental University, 1 9 20, Fujimi cho, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 8159, Japan
Neuroscience 148:744-56. 2007This study investigated whether somatostatin (SST) modulates the excitability of nociceptive trigeminal ganglion (TRG) neurons that innervate the nasal mucosa and project to the upper cervical (C(1)) dorsal horn by using perforated-patch ..
- Calcitonin receptor-like receptor (CLR), receptor activity-modifying protein 1 (RAMP1), and calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) immunoreactivity in the rat trigeminovascular system: differences between peripheral and central CGRP receptor distributionJochen K Lennerz
Institute of Physiology and Pathophysiology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Comp Neurol 507:1277-99. 2008..In the trigeminal ganglion, besides Schwann and satellite cells, CLR- and RAMP1-ir was found in subpopulations of CGRP-ir neurons ..
- Effect of lipid raft disruption on TRPV1 receptor activation of trigeminal sensory neurons and transfected cell lineEva Szoke
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Pecs, Pecs, Hungary
Eur J Pharmacol 628:67-74. 2010..Evidence for a supporting role of cholesterol, sphingomyelin and gangliosides were obtained both in native and TRPV1-transfected cells. Differential modulation of responses to capsaicin and RTX was often observed...
- Direct activation of transient receptor potential V1 by nickel ionsMatthias Luebbert
Lehrstuhl fur Zellphysiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Universitatsstr 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany
Pflugers Arch 459:737-50. 2010..are able to induce non-specific cation currents in a capsaicin-sensitive population of cultured mouse trigeminal ganglion neurons...
- Changes in vanilloid receptor 1 (TRPV1) expression following lingual nerve injuryJames E Biggs
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, School of Clinical Dentistry, University of Sheffield, Claremont Crescent, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S10 2TA, UK
Eur J Pain 11:192-201. 2007..tracer, fluorogold, was injected into the damaged nerve to identify associated cell bodies in the trigeminal ganglion. Three further ferrets, receiving only tracer injection, served as uninjured controls...
- The 'headache tree' via umbellulone and TRPA1 activates the trigeminovascular systemRomina Nassini
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology and Headache Centre, University of Florence, Viale Pieraccini 6, 50139 Florence, Italy
Brain 135:376-90. 2012..selectively stimulated transient receptor potential ankyrin 1-expressing HEK293 cells and rat trigeminal ganglion neurons, but not untransfected cells or neurons in the presence of the selective transient receptor ..
- Selectively targeting pain in the trigeminal systemHyun Yeong Kim
National Research Laboratory for Pain, Dental Research Institute and Department of Physiology School of Dentistry, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 749, Republic of Korea
Pain 150:29-40. 2010..QX-314 alone failed to block voltage-gated sodium channel currents (I(Na)) and action potentials (APs) in trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurons...
- Behavioral changes and trigeminal ganglion sodium channel regulation in an orofacial neuropathic pain modelJonas Eriksson
Center for Oral Biology, Novum, Karolinska Institutet, P O Box 4064, S 141 04 Huddinge, Sweden
Pain 119:82-94. 2005..Investigations of gene expression changes in injured trigeminal ganglion neurons of animals with behavioral signs of neuropathic pain demonstrated that the sodium channel alpha-..
- Trigeminal ganglion innervates the auditory brainstemS E Shore
Kresge Hearing Research Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0506, USA
J Comp Neurol 419:271-85. 2000A neural connection between the trigeminal ganglion and the auditory brainstem was investigated by using retrograde and anterograde tract tracing methods: iontophoretic injections of biocytin or biotinylated dextran-amine (BDA) were made ..
- Temporomandibular joint inflammation activates glial and immune cells in both the trigeminal ganglia and in the spinal trigeminal nucleusGiovanni Villa
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Mol Pain 6:89. 2010....
- Sensory neurons and their supporting cells located in the trigeminal, thoracic and lumbar ganglia differentially express markers of injury following intravenous administration of paclitaxel in the ratJuan Miguel Jimenez-Andrade
Neurosystems Center, Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, United States
Neurosci Lett 405:62-7. 2006..To begin to define the type and location of sensory neurons most impacted by paclitaxel, we examined rat trigeminal ganglion, thoracic and lumbar dorsal root ganglion (DRG) 10 days following intravenous infusion of clinically ..
- Calcium homeostasis in trigeminal ganglion cell bodiesTony D Gover
The Neuroscience Program, University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201 1559, United States
Cell Calcium 41:389-96. 2007..Little is known about Ca2+ homeostasis in trigeminal ganglion neurons (TGNs)...
- Chronic electrostimulation of the trigeminal ganglion in trigeminal neuropathy: current state and future prospectsJ H Mehrkens
Neurochirurgische Klinik, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat, Munich, Germany
Acta Neurochir Suppl 97:91-7. 2007Over two decades ago, the electrostimulation of the trigeminal ganglion (TGES) was established as a treatment option for patients with trigeminopathic pain due to a (iatrogenic) lesion of the trigeminal nerve, on whom the other ..
- Muscle inflammation induces a rapid increase in calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) mRNA that temporally relates to CGRP immunoreactivity and nociceptive behaviorR Ambalavanar
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Program in Neuroscience, University of Maryland, 666 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Neuroscience 143:875-84. 2006..A rapid and significant increase in CGRP mRNA occurred in the mandibular division (V3) of the ipsilateral trigeminal ganglion at 30 minutes, 4 and 24 h after the injection of complete Freund's adjuvant as an inflammatory agent into ..
- Estrogen and inflammation increase the excitability of rat temporomandibular joint afferent neuronsNatasha M Flake
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Dental School, University of Maryland, 666 W Baltimore St, Rm 5 A 12, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
J Neurophysiol 93:1585-97. 2005....
- Primary sensory neuron addition in the adult rat trigeminal ganglion: evidence for neural crest glio-neuronal precursor maturationAlfonso Lagares
Department of Anatomy, Histology, and Neuroscience, Autonoma University of Madrid, Medical School, 28029 Madrid, Spain
J Neurosci 27:7939-53. 2007..Similar studies are lacking in the trigeminal ganglion (TG)...
- Contribution of activated interleukin receptors in trigeminal ganglion neurons to hyperalgesia via satellite glial interleukin-1beta paracrine mechanismMamoru Takeda
Department of Physiology, School of Life Dentistry at Tokyo, Nippon Dental University, 1 9 20, Fujimi cho, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 8159, Japan
Brain Behav Immun 22:1016-23. 2008..investigated whether under in vivo conditions, inflammation alters the excitability of nociceptive Adelta-trigeminal ganglion (TRG) neurons innervating the facial skin via a cytokine paracrine mechanism...
- During herpes simplex virus type 1 infection of rabbits, the ability to express the latency-associated transcript increases latent-phase transcription of lytic genesNicole V Giordani
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Box 100266, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0266, USA
J Virol 82:6056-60. 2008..These results suggest that, for efficient reactivation from latency in rabbits, the LAT is important for increased transcription of lytic genes during latency...
- Peripheral targeting of the trigeminal ganglion via the infraorbital foramen as a therapeutic strategyJohn K Neubert
Department of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Florida, 1600 S W Archer Road, P O Box 100444, Gainesville, FL 32610 0444, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 15:119-26. 2005..The current paper describes a percutaneous approach for injecting the trigeminal ganglion with an electrical-stimulation needle inserted through the infraorbital foramen, infraorbital canal and ..
- Distinct expression of TRPM8, TRPA1, and TRPV1 mRNAs in rat primary afferent neurons with adelta/c-fibers and colocalization with trk receptorsKimiko Kobayashi
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo 663 8501, Japan
J Comp Neurol 493:596-606. 2005..the precise distribution of TRPA1, TRPM8, and TRPV1 mRNAs in the rat dorsal root ganglion (DRG) and trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurons...
- TRPV1 in migraine pathophysiologyJannis E Meents
Department of Neurology, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Chariteplatz 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Trends Mol Med 16:153-9. 2010..We argue that antagonising TRPV1 sensitisation is a promising approach and should receive more attention in future research as well as in the development of anti-migraine drugs...
- Hypotonicity modulates tetrodotoxin-sensitive sodium current in trigeminal ganglion neuronsLin Li
Department of Physiology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
Mol Pain 7:27. 2011..tested the effect of hypotonicity on tetrodotoxin-sensitive sodium current (TTX-S current) in cultured trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurons. Our data show that after hypotonic treatment, TTX-S current was increased...
- Tumor necrosis factor-α increases brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression in trigeminal ganglion neurons in an activity-dependent mannerE Bałkowiec-Iskra
Department of Integrative Biosciences, Oregon Health and Science University School of Dentistry, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Neuroscience 180:322-33. 2011..as migraine or temporo-mandibular disorders, are associated with inflammation within peripheral endings of trigeminal ganglion (TG) sensory neurons...
- Peripheral inflammation upregulates P2X receptor expression in satellite glial cells of mouse trigeminal ganglia: a calcium imaging studyRaya Kushnir
Laboratory of Experimental Surgery, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Center, Jerusalem, Israel
Neuropharmacology 61:739-46. 2011..A similar observation was made in the intact trigeminal ganglion after infra-orbital nerve axotomy...
- Effect of anti-CXCL10 monoclonal antibody on herpes simplex virus type 1 keratitis and retinal infectionDaniel J J Carr
Department of Ophthalmology, Dean A McGee Eye Institute, The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 608 Stanton L Young Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Virol 77:10037-46. 2003..Treatment of HSV-1-infected mice with antibody to CXCL10 significantly reduced CXCL10 levels in the eye and trigeminal ganglion and reduced mononuclear cell infiltration into the corneal stroma...
- Gamma interferon can prevent herpes simplex virus type 1 reactivation from latency in sensory neuronsT Liu
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213-2588, USA
J Virol 75:11178-84. 2001..that CD8(+) T cells could block herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) reactivation from latency in ex vivo trigeminal ganglion (TG) cultures without destroying the infected neurons...
- The TRPM8 ion channel comprises direct Gq protein-activating capacityKatharina Klasen
Lehrstuhl fur Zellphysiologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Universitatsstrasse 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany
Pflugers Arch 463:779-97. 2012..Our observations lead to a view that extends the operational range of the TRPM8 receptor from its function as a pure ion channel to a molecular switch with additional metabotropic capacity...
- Immunization with different viral antigens alters the pattern of T cell exhaustion and latency in herpes simplex virus type 1-infected miceSariah J Allen
Center for Neurobiology and Vaccine Development, Ophthalmology Research Laboratories, Department of Surgery, CSMC Burns and Allen Research Institute, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Virol 84:12315-24. 2010..In this study, we have shown for the first time that both PD-1 and Tim-3 contribute to T cell exhaustion and an increase of latency in the TG of latently infected mice...
- Comparative analysis of the chemical neuroanatomy of the mammalian trigeminal ganglion and mesencephalic trigeminal nucleusNikolai E Lazarov
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Thracian University, 11 Armejska Street, BG 6003 Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
Prog Neurobiol 66:19-59. 2002..Most of their cell bodies are located in the trigeminal ganglion (TG) but part of them lie in the mesencephalic trigeminal nucleus (MTN)...
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) and migrainePaul L Durham
Department of Biology, Missouri State University, 231 Temple Hall, Springfield, MO 65897, USA
Headache 46:S3-8. 2006....
- Robo2-Slit1 dependent cell-cell interactions mediate assembly of the trigeminal ganglionCelia E Shiau
Division of Biology 139 74, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, California 91125, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:269-76. 2008..Here, we show that proper formation of the trigeminal ganglion, the largest of the cranial ganglia, relies on reciprocal interactions between placode and neural crest ..
- Relationship between physiological response type (RA and SA) and vibrissal receptive field of neurons within the rat trigeminal ganglionSteven C Leiser
Department Neurobiology and Anatomy, Drexel University, School of Biomedical Engineering, 3141 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Neurophysiol 95:3129-45. 2006Cells within the trigeminal ganglion (Vg) encode all the information necessary for the rat to differentiate tactile stimuli, yet it is the least-studied component in the rodent trigeminal somatosensory system...
- Regulation of HSV-1 Gene Expression and Replication by Nuclear Hormone ReceptorsSHAOCHUNG VICTOR HSIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-term goal is to identify the regulatory mechanisms to assist in the development of novel therapeutic protocols for better treatments. ..
- The Neuroimmunology of Viral InfectionDANIEL J CARR; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., trigeminal ganglion) or cornea, both resident and bone marrow-derived cells with a functional type I IFN pathway are required ..
- Viral And host mechanisms that tilt the HSV lytic/latent balanceDonald M Coen; Fiscal Year: 2013..This research wil define basic mechanisms of herpes simplex virus latent infection and new targets for potential drugs to treat the latent infection of these viruses. ..
- Estrogen and TMJ PainPhillip R Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2013..We also expect to determine the mechanism by which estrogen modulates expression of these genes in TG cells. ..
- Characterization of a novel rabbit herpes simplexvirus: a possible model for undeLING J JIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The goal of this research is to characterize the latency associated transcript gene (LAT) region and investigate the role of LAT during latency in a natural host model system. . ..
- THE ROLE FOR THE GPR30 RECEPTOR IN INFLAMMATORY PAINJill C Fehrenbacher; Fiscal Year: 2010..During inflammation, there is an increase in the amount of estrogens and of these novel receptors in tissues from female rats. We will examine whether these increases contribute to enhanced pain during inflammation in females. ..
- Satellite Glial CellsLuc Jasmin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our preliminary experiments utilizing RNAi-mediated gene silencing at the trigeminal ganglion, where SGCs surround the cell bodies of primary sensory neurons innervating the face, show that this ..
- Gene Expression in HSV-1 Latency After Corneal InfectionPaul R Kinchington; Fiscal Year: 2013..This could indicate those HSV-1 proteins that could be potentially exploited in vaccine design to block reactivation when immunological pressure causes loss of immunodominant epitopes. ..
- Lipid Mediators in Corneal Nerve RegenerationHaydee E P Bazan; Fiscal Year: 2013..and HSV-1 infection relevant to the clinical setting;2) primary and cell line cultures and co-cultures of trigeminal ganglion neurons with corneal epithelial cells and stromal fibroblasts to uncover the molecular mechanisms of ..
- Chromatin and Herpes Simplex Virus LatencyDavid M Knipe; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Sex Steroids, and TMJ PainLarry Bellinger; Fiscal Year: 2009..pain sensitivity have been characterized and the gene(s) modulated by these hormonal effects in the joint and trigeminal ganglion identified, targets for pharmaceutical intervention of pain in the TMJ can be pursued.
- Genomic systems approach to measure HSV-1-specific T-cell dominance in humansDavid M Koelle; Fiscal Year: 2013..The overall goal of the Project is to identify HSV-1 ORFs for vaccines that stimulate dominant and prevalent CD8 and CD4 epitopes to persons of diverse HLA type that are correlated with mild infection. ..
- Lipid kinase regulation of pain signaling and sensitizationMark J Zylka; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will be the first to rigorously study the importance of this kinase in the setting of chronic pain. Our preliminary data suggest this lipid kinase is a master regulator of pain signaling and sensitization. ..
- NEURONAL CONTROL OF CGRP GENE EXPRESSIONANDREW RUSSO; Fiscal Year: 2009..peptide (CGRP) has been implicated in craniofacial pain and headache by virtue of its expression in the trigeminal ganglion and roles in neurogenic inflammation and nociception...
- VESTIBULO-CEREBELLAR CIRCUITSCAREY DAVID BALABAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..ganglion cells have marker phenotypes that parallel findings in small to medium sized dorsal root and trigeminal ganglion cells...
- Defining Target Contribution to Orofacial Pain by Antisense OligonucleotidesZhigang Luo; Fiscal Year: 2009..Completion of this study will allow us to expand the scope of the parent proposal and accelerate the tempo of scientific research in this under investigated field and the discovery of new drug targets for chronic pain disorders. ..
- MODULATION OF MIGRAINE CIRCUIT BY SEROTONIN 1D RECEPTOR-ASSOCIATED PROTEINSYuqing Cao; Fiscal Year: 2013..The serotonin 1D receptor (5-HT1DR) on the central terminals of the trigeminal ganglion (TG) neurons is the prime target of the triptan family of anti-migraine drugs...
- Therapeutic Ocular HSV Vaccine in HLA Transgenic RabbitsLbachir BenMohamed; Fiscal Year: 2013..This may lead to the development of new paradigms for immunotherapeutic strategies against ocular herpes. ..
- Estrogen regulation of inflammatory mediator signalingWilliam P Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specific Aim 1: Characterize rapid effects of estradiol (17_-E2) on BK and PGE2 signaling in trigeminal ganglion. We will determine the concentration- and time- and ligand-dependence of 17_-E2 action and identify the ..
- Regulation of opioid receptor function in trigeminal ganglionWilliam P Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2012..and DOR systems to inhibit adenylyl cyclase activity and neuropeptide release in primary cultures of rat trigeminal ganglion neurons and in behavioral models of peripheral analgesia...
- HSV-1 LAT miRNAs: Neurovirulence, reactivation, mechanismSteven L Wechsler; Fiscal Year: 2013..3) Test the hypothesis that the mechanism(s) by which LAT miRNAs influence neurovirulence and/or reactivation is to alter expression of viral genes involved in neurovirulence and reactivation. ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF CALCIUM CHANNEL MUTATIONS IN TRIGEMINAL NOCICEPTIONYuqing Cao; Fiscal Year: 2010..that T666M results in a decrease of Ca2+ influx through P/Q- type channels in cultured neurons from trigeminal ganglion as well as cervical dorsal horn...
- Developmental pathways in the nervous systemEric E Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..2) Determine the role of the homeodomain factor Hmx1 in the development of the major subdivisions of the trigeminal ganglion, and the gene expression program regulated by Hmx1. 5.
- COPAS BIOSORT Worm SorterWOLFGANG B LIEDTKE; Fiscal Year: 2010..mammalian TRPV4 cation channel directed to the ASH nociceptive head neuron, the cellular equivalent of the trigeminal ganglion of vertebrates, in order to study molecular mechanisms of sensory transduction in response to noxious ..
- Development of a Mouse Trigeminal Pain ModelANDREW RUSSO; Fiscal Year: 2009..In this R21 project, I propose to test the hypothesis that overexpression of CGRP in the mouse trigeminal ganglion will lead to behavioral changes indicative of nociception...
- Gender differences in peripheral cannabinoid mediated analgesiaKATELYN YUEYI NIU; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal will serve as a platform on which I can develop into a clinician/scientist. ..
- Robo-Slit Signaling in Avian Cornea InnervationTyler Schwend; Fiscal Year: 2013..Understanding the guidance molecules that instruct trigeminal ganglion (TG)-derived axons to enter and branch within the cornea will help to determine if the same guidance ..
- ESTROGEN MODULATION OF HUMAN NOCICEPTORSKenneth M Hargreaves; Fiscal Year: 2012..Collectively, these studies provide a comprehensive evaluation of the hypothesis that activation of estrogen receptors enhances nociceptor function in women. ..
- Trigeminal-autonomic relations in ocular homeostasisDavid A Bereiter; Fiscal Year: 2013..a relay in accessory visual pathways, increased PaNS outflow to the eye and transmission through the trigeminal ganglion. To better understand how intraocular trigeminal nerves contribute to PaNS-mediated reflexes we will test ..
- Activation of the Trigeminovascular PathwayRami Burstein; Fiscal Year: 2011..mediators to the dura and mast cell degranulation on neuronal activation and sensitization in the trigeminal ganglion and medullary dorsal horn...
- HSV-1-specific T-cell responses in human sensory gangliaDavid M Koelle; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Dry-responsive corneal afferents, TRPM8, and regulation of tearsIan D Meng; Fiscal Year: 2013..Corneal primary afferents will be characterized using in vivo single-unit electrophysiology in the rat trigeminal ganglion. Responses to drying of the ocular surface will be examined, as well as responses evoked by thermal, ..
- Role of Host Cell Factors in Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) KeratitisRICHARD M LONGNECKER; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 2, we will determine whether HVEM and/or nectin-1 are necessary for HSV latent infection of the trigeminal ganglion. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: Our specific aims are to identify the importance of the cellular receptors, HVEM ..
- Gene Therapy for Nerve InjuryLuc Jasmin; Fiscal Year: 2010..We use gene transfer to increase GABA in neurons of the trigeminal ganglion that supply the sensory innervations of the face and find that this results in analgesia in rats with nerve ..
- A novel pathway mediating the development of chronic orofacial neuropathic painOswald Steward; Fiscal Year: 2013..The final goal of the proposed studies is to identify the peripheral and/or central mechanisms underlying TSP4-mediated transition to chronic pain states after trigeminal nerve injury. ..
- HVEM-BTLA system in inflammationCarl F Ware; Fiscal Year: 2013..This investigation will provide new insight into the mechanisms of the HVEM cosignaling system in regulating viral pathogenesis. ..
- Transient Receptor Potential Vanilloid-1 Sensitization in InflammationJARED MICHAEL SPRAGUE; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, high throughput identification screen data will be applied to this model to more closely mimic the inflammatory milieu in vitro and show novel TRPV1-modifying inflammatory compounds. ..
- Regulation of Herpes Simplex Type 1 Infection in Corneal NeuronsTodd P Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2013..The outcome of these studies should generate new insights into the mechanisms regulating HSV infection of neurons;the first step in developing new therapy strategies. ..
- MODULATORY ROLE OF GABA AND 5HT RECEPTORS IN MIGRAINEF Cutrer; Fiscal Year: 1999..With these proposed experiments we seek to better understand the receptor pharmacology of vascular headaches to thereby establish a more rational basis for new drug discovery in migraine and cluster headache. ..
- Genes regulating neurogenesis in the trigeminal placodeMichael R Stark; Fiscal Year: 2010b>Trigeminal ganglion development is a well studied model of vertebrate neurogenesis, where neural crest and placode cells come together to form this group of sensory neurons...
- Temporomandibular joint syndrome in femalesNancy Berman; Fiscal Year: 2005..In Specific Aim 3, we will examine the effects of ovarian steroids on TMJ and trigeminal responses to TMJ inflammation. These experiments will provide an innovative approach to the mechanism of hormonal regulation of facial pain. ..
- Delta-kappa opioid receptor interactions: Ligand-dependent effectsKELLY ANN BERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..we propose to study the regulation of DOR systems by k opioid antagonists in primary cultures of rat trigeminal ganglion neurons and in behavioral models for analgesia...
- Neuronal Plasticity Related to TMD and FibromyalgiaDean Dessem; Fiscal Year: 2006..Two hypotheses are proposed: Hypothesis 1) Masticatory muscle inflammation increases the number of trigeminal ganglion (TG) muscle afferent neurons that express: substance P (SP), calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP), ..
- MECHANISM OF LATENCY OF HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUSNigel Fraser; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will continue our investigation of herpes simplex virus latency and reactivation and further our understanding of the mechanism of latency in the peripheral nervous system. ..
- Peripheral Receptor Mechanisms in Orofacial Muscle PainJin Y Ro; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Molecular Mechanisms of Axon Branching in Synaptic DevelopmentLe Ma; Fiscal Year: 2013..the development of stereotypic axonal branches of rodent sensory neurons from the dorsal root ganglion and trigeminal ganglion as models, we have identified an extracellular signaling pathway involving the secreted molecule Slit in ..
- Role of lymphoid DCs in HSV-1 latencyHomayon Ghiasi; Fiscal Year: 2013..The long-term effects of these vaccine strategies will also be characterized to determine whether long-lived CD8+ T cell responses are elicited. ..
- Growth Factor-Induced Peripheral GliogenesisDonald Pizzo; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the development of a quantitative tumor model allows for the assessment of small molecule therapeutics in a pre-clinical setting. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cellular and molecular mechanisms of dental painMan Kyo Chung; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- HSV LATENCY AND MECHANISMS OF GENE SILENCINGJoseph Glorioso; Fiscal Year: 2000..Differences in nucleosome arrangement will be analyzed by a nuclease sensitivity assay. Differences in the CpG sequence methylation will be analyzed. ..
- NIH PATHWAY TO INDEPENDENCE APPLICATION (K99/R00)BRIAN DAVID RUDD; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- The Role of Tooth Mechanoreceptors in Jaw MovementDean Dessem; Fiscal Year: 2006..Three hypotheses are proposed: 1) Trigeminal ganglion jaw muscle and joint primary afferent neurons comprise two general categories with brainstem axonal ..
- Regulation of neurotrophin expression in the peripheryLORI ISAACSON; Fiscal Year: 2009..immunosorbant assay (ELISA), for BDNF and NT-4 protein in the superior cervical ganglion (SCG), the sensory trigeminal ganglion, and their peripheral targets, and the potential for regulation of these proteins by NGF...
- Control of trigeminal touch sensory circuit assemblyFan Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Individual whiskers are innervated by a group of touch sensory neurons located in the trigeminal ganglion, and are mapped onto the brain by the central axons from the same set of trigeminal neurons...
- Morphogenesis of the peripheral sensory nervous systemMARK VOIGT; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Neuronal-Glia Interactions in Trigeminal Ganglia as a Basis for Future TherapyLi Yen M Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- COCHLEAR BLOOD FLOW AND NEUROPEPTIDESAlfred Nuttall; Fiscal Year: 2002..study positive results will demonstrate that endolymphatic hydrops causes a reduction in the stimulated trigeminal ganglion induced CBF change...
- Cochlear Type II Afferents and Nociception in the Inner*Jaime Garcia Anoveros; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Trigeminal Neuropathic Pain MechanismsMichael Henry; Fiscal Year: 2006..the light and electron microscopic levels in normal rat trigeminal primary afferents (infraorbital nerve, trigeminal ganglion/root entry zone and trigeminal sensory nucleus) and in intrinsic neurons in the trigeminal sensory nucleus...
- Recombinant Herpes Injection into Trigeminal GangliaDavid Yeomans; Fiscal Year: 2004..In so doing, we hope to provide initial support for what may be a new long-lasting treatment for trigeminal nerve-related pain. ..
- Neonatal Infections and Memory T c ell Repertoire R00BRIAN DAVID RUDD; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- SALIVARY GLANDS AND THEIR INNERVATION IN DIABETESJACOB HANKER; Fiscal Year: 1980..The changes observed in their salivary glands and the trigeminal ganglion could be relevant to the increased caries and periodontal involvement...
- INNERVATION OF THE MAXILLARY SINUS IN RATSKEITH KAJANDER; Fiscal Year: 1993..WGA-HRP is retrogradely transported by primary afferent axons to cell bodies located in the trigeminal ganglion; it then is transported transganglionically to terminals of the primary afferent fibers in the brain stem...