Genomes and Genes
Summary: Paired anteriolateral evaginations of the prosencephalon plus the lamina terminalis. The cerebral hemispheres are derived from it. Many authors consider cerebrum a synonymous term to telencephalon, though a minority include diencephalon as part of the cerebrum (Anthoney, 1994).
Publications282 found, 100 shown here
- Revised nomenclature for avian telencephalon and some related brainstem nucleiAnton Reiner
Department of Anatomy, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis 38163, USA
J Comp Neurol 473:377-414. 2004..In particular, the outdated terminology implies that most of the avian telencephalon is a hypertrophied basal ganglia, when it is now clear that most of the avian telencephalon is neurochemically,..
- Cloning and functional expression of a new epithelial sodium channel delta subunit isoform differentially expressed in neurons of the human and monkey telencephalonTeresa Giraldez
Unidad de Farmacologia, Universidad de La Laguna, La Laguna, Tenerife, Spain
J Neurochem 102:1304-15. 2007..the expression pattern of both the known (delta1) and the new (delta2) isoforms in the human and monkey telencephalon. ENaC delta2 is produced by a combination of alternative transcription start sites, a frame shift in exon 3 ..
- Chronic antidepressant treatment induces contrasting patterns of synaptophysin and PSA-NCAM expression in different regions of the adult rat telencephalonE Varea
Neurobiology Unit and Program in Basic and Applied Neurosciences, Cell Biology Department, Universitat de Valencia, Spain
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 17:546-57. 2007..The expression of these molecules is also affected in the entorhinal, the visual and the somatosensory cortices...
- The origin and specification of cortical interneuronsCarl P Wonders
Graduate Program in Neuroscience, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York 10021, USA
Nat Rev Neurosci 7:687-96. 2006..Here, we discuss recent data that are beginning to illuminate the origins and specification of distinct subgroups of cortical interneurons...
- Lhx2 selector activity specifies cortical identity and suppresses hippocampal organizer fateVishakha S Mangale
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai 400005, India
Science 319:304-9. 2008..In addition to providing functional evidence for Lhx2 selector activity, these findings show that the cortical hem is a hippocampal organizer...
- A high-resolution enhancer atlas of the developing telencephalonAxel Visel
Genomics Division, MS 84 171, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Cell 152:895-908. 2013The mammalian telencephalon plays critical roles in cognition, motor function, and emotion...
- Neurons arise in the basal neuroepithelium of the early mammalian telencephalon: a major site of neurogenesisWulf Haubensak
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstrasse 108, D 01307 Dresden, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:3196-201. 2004..Basal progenitors are most frequent in the telencephalon, where they outnumber the apically dividing neuron-generating NE cells...
- Loss of Nkx2.1 homeobox gene function results in a ventral to dorsal molecular respecification within the basal telencephalon: evidence for a transformation of the pallidum into the striatumL Sussel
Center for Neurobiology and Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Development 126:3359-70. 1999The telencephalon is organized into distinct longitudinal domains: the cerebral cortex and the basal ganglia. The basal ganglia primarily consists of a dorsal region (striatum) and a ventral region (pallidum)...
- Targeting of cre to the Foxg1 (BF-1) locus mediates loxP recombination in the telencephalon and other developing head structuresJ M Hebert
Department of Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California, 94305 5020, USA
Dev Biol 222:296-306. 2000The use of genetics to study the development of the telencephalon and derivatives such as the cerebral cortex has been limited...
- Heterogeneity in progenitor cell subtypes in the ventricular zone of the zebrafish adult telencephalonMartin März
Institute for Toxicology and Genetics, Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe in the Helmholtz Association, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Postfach 3640, 76021 Karlsruhe, Germany
Glia 58:870-88. 2010..In the telencephalon, this complexity is enhanced by an organization of the ventricular zone (VZ) in fast and slow-dividing domains,..
- The distribution of 13 GABAA receptor subunit mRNAs in the rat brain. I. Telencephalon, diencephalon, mesencephalonW Wisden
Laboratory of Molecular Neuroendocrinology, Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Neurosci 12:1040-62. 1992..Based on significant mismatches between alpha 4/delta and gamma mRNAs, we suggest that in vivo, the alpha 4 subunit contributes to GABAA receptors that lack BZ modulation...
- Mechanisms of inhibition within the telencephalon: "where the wild things are"Gord Fishell
Smilow Neuroscience Program, Smilow Research Center, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York 10016, USA
Annu Rev Neurosci 34:535-67. 2011..of the diversity and mechanisms by which GABAergic interneuron populations function in different parts of the telencephalon. This is followed by a summary of the mechanisms of inhibition in the CNS...
- Conserved and acquired features of adult neurogenesis in the zebrafish telencephalonBirgit Adolf
Institute of Virology, Technical University Munich, Trogerstrasse 4b, D 81675, Munich, Germany
Dev Biol 295:278-93. 2006..Using BrdU tracing and immunodetection of cell-type-specific markers, we demonstrate that the adult zebrafish telencephalon contains self-renewing progenitors, which show features of adult mammalian neural stem cells but distribute ..
- Fate mapping Nkx2.1-lineage cells in the mouse telencephalonQing Xu
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Comp Neurol 506:16-29. 2008The homeodomain transcription factor Nkx2.1 is expressed in the pallidal (subcortical) telencephalon, including the medial ganglionic eminence (MGE) and preoptic area. Studies have shown that Nkx2...
- Effects of canonical Wnt signaling on dorso-ventral specification of the mouse telencephalonMattias Backman
Institute of Medical Microbiology and Centre for Molecular Biology and Neuroscience, University of Oslo, The National Hospital, 0027 Oslo, Norway
Dev Biol 279:155-68. 2005..In this study, we used conditional Cre/loxP system in mouse to ablate or activate beta-catenin in the telencephalon in two time windows: before and after the onset of neurogenesis...
- Dorsal telencephalon-specific expression of Cre recombinase in PAC transgenic miceTakuji Iwasato
PRESTO, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Saitama, Japan
Genesis 38:130-8. 2004..we report the isolation of a DNA fragment containing the Emx1 gene promoter, which is responsible for dorsal telencephalon-specific expression...
- Regenerative response following stab injury in the adult zebrafish telencephalonMartin März
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
Dev Dyn 240:2221-31. 2011..We analyzed the proliferation of glial cells and microglia in response to stab injury in the adult zebrafish telencephalon: Radial glial markers were up-regulated at the ventricle and co-expressed the proliferation nuclear antigen (..
- Stab wound injury of the zebrafish telencephalon: a model for comparative analysis of reactive gliosisEmily Violette Baumgart
Institute for Stem Cell Research, Helmholtz Center Munich, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Glia 60:343-57. 2012..astrocytes, we examined the glial response to an invasive stab wound injury model in the adult zebrafish telencephalon. Strikingly, already a few days after injury the wound was closed without any scar tissue...
- Migration of neuronal precursors from the telencephalic ventricular zone into the olfactory bulb in adult zebrafishNorihito Kishimoto
Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya 467 8601, Japan
J Comp Neurol 519:3549-65. 2011..Taken together, our results suggest that the RMS in the adult zebrafish telencephalon is a functional migratory pathway...
- Interneuron migration from basal forebrain to neocortex: dependence on Dlx genesS A Anderson
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Center for Neurobiology and Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, CA 94143 0984, USA
Science 278:474-6. 1997..zone, evidence suggests that a subpopulation of neocortical interneurons originates within the subcortical telencephalon. For example, gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)-expressing cells migrate in vitro from the subcortical ..
- Foxg1 is required for specification of ventral telencephalon and region-specific regulation of dorsal telencephalic precursor proliferation and apoptosisBen Martynoga
Genes and Development Group, Biomedical Sciences, George Square, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, UK
Dev Biol 283:113-27. 2005Null mutation of the Foxg1 gene causes hypoplasia of the mouse telencephalon and loss of ventral telencephalic structures. We show that a crucial early requirement for Foxg1 is in the induction of ventral cell fate in the telencephalon...
- Clonal analysis by distinct viral vectors identifies bona fide neural stem cells in the adult zebrafish telencephalon and characterizes their division properties and fateIna Rothenaigner
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Group, Laboratory of Neurobiology and Development, Institute of Neurobiology Alfred Fessard, Avenue de la Terrasse, Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Development 138:1459-69. 2011..These results characterize fundamental aspects of adult progenitor cells and neurogenesis, and open the way to using virus-based technologies for stable genetic manipulations and clonal analyses in the zebrafish adult brain...
- Convergence of olfactory and vomeronasal projections in the rat basal telencephalonPalma Pro-Sistiaga
Laboratorio de Neuroanatomía Humana, Departamento de Ciencias Médicas, Facultad de Medicina, Centro Regional de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, 02006 Albacete, Spain
J Comp Neurol 504:346-62. 2007..projections have been traditionally viewed as terminating in contiguous non-overlapping areas of the basal telencephalon. Original reports, however, described areas such as the anterior medial amygdala where both chemosensory ..
- Expression of the transcription factor Olig2 in proliferating cells in the adult zebrafish telencephalonMartin März
Institute of Toxicology and Genetics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
Dev Dyn 239:3336-49. 2010The telencephalon of the adult zebrafish is highly proliferative: Dividing cells are found along the entire ventricular zone and in the parenchyma...
- MAPK-upstream protein kinase (MUK) regulates the radial migration of immature neurons in telencephalon of mouse embryoSyu ichi Hirai
Department of Molecular Biology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
Development 129:4483-95. 2002..MUK/DLK/ZPK, and JNK activity increase potently and temporally in newly generated neurons in developing mouse telencephalon during radial migration...
- Notch3 signaling promotes radial glial/progenitor character in the mammalian telencephalonLouis Dang
Institute for Cell Engineering, Department of Neuroscience, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Neurosci 28:58-69. 2006..Previous work in the mouse telencephalon has shown that activated Notch1 promotes radial glial and astrocytic character in vivo, and fibroblast growth ..
- Transplant of GABAergic precursors restores hippocampal inhibitory function in a mouse model of seizure susceptibilityI Zipancic
Department of Cell Therapy and Regenerative Medicine, Andalusian Center for Molecular Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Seville, Spain
Cell Transplant 19:549-64. 2010....
- Doublecortin expression in the adult rat telencephalonJ Nacher
Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Eur J Neurosci 14:629-44. 2001..Given these results, we hypothesize that DCX expression in differentiated neurons could be related to its capacity for microtubule reorganization and that this fact could be linked to axonal outgrowth or synaptogenesis...
- Tangential migration and proliferation of intermediate progenitors of GABAergic neurons in the mouse telencephalonShengxi Wu
Department of Morphological Neural Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto 860 8556 Japan
Development 138:2499-509. 2011..Therefore, they must migrate tangentially within the telencephalon to reach the neocortex...
- The Wnt receptor Ryk controls specification of GABAergic neurons versus oligodendrocytes during telencephalon developmentJingyang Zhong
The Eli and Edythe Broad Center for Regenerative Medicine and Stem Cell Research, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Development 138:409-19. 2011GABAergic neurons and oligodendrocytes originate from progenitors within the ventral telencephalon. However, the molecular mechanisms that control neuron-glial cell-fate segregation, especially how extrinsic factors regulate cell-fate ..
- Prokineticin 2 expression is associated with neural repair of injured adult zebrafish telencephalonBesma Ayari
Centre de Recherche de l Institut du Cerveau et de la Moelle épinière CRICM, 75651 Paris Cedex, France
J Neurotrauma 27:959-72. 2010..to analyze the distribution of PROK2 transcripts in the adult zebrafish brain and during injury-induced telencephalon (TC) regeneration...
- Secretagogin is a Ca2+-binding protein identifying prospective extended amygdala neurons in the developing mammalian telencephalonJan Mulder
European Neuroscience Institute at Aberdeen, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, UK
Eur J Neurosci 31:2166-77. 2010..that scgn may be expressed by particular neuronal contingents during prenatal development of the mammalian telencephalon. We find that scgn is expressed in neurons transiting in the subpallial differentiation zone by embryonic day (..
- Regulation of mouse embryonic stem cell neural differentiation by retinoic acidMijeong Kim
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, Washington University Medical School, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Dev Biol 328:456-71. 2009..Transcriptional profiling indicates a substantial representation of transit amplifying neuroblasts in SFD cultures not exposed to RA...
- Identification of two distinct progenitor populations in the lateral ganglionic eminence: implications for striatal and olfactory bulb neurogenesisJan Stenman
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Neurosci 23:167-74. 2003..In support of this, mice mutant for the homeobox genes Gsh2 and Gsh1/2, which show olfactory bulb defects, exhibit dramatically reduced numbers of Er81-positive cells in the LGE SVZ as well as in the olfactory bulb mantle...
- Cortical excitatory neurons and glia, but not GABAergic neurons, are produced in the Emx1-expressing lineageJessica A Gorski
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
J Neurosci 22:6309-14. 2002..Structures that are located near the basal ganglia (e.g., the amygdala and endopiriform nuclei) are not uniformly derived from Emx1-expressing cells...
- Heterogeneity and Fgf dependence of adult neural progenitors in the zebrafish telencephalonJulia Ganz
Biotechnology Center and Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden, Dresden University of Technology, Tatzberg 47 49, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Glia 58:1345-63. 2010..To understand the components of the progenitor zones in the adult zebrafish telencephalon and the link between glial characteristics and progenitor state, we examined whether canonical glial markers ..
- A neuronal migratory pathway crossing from diencephalon to telencephalon populates amygdala nucleiFernando García-Moreno
Instituto Cajal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Laboratory of Telencephalic Development, Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Neurobiology Department, Madrid, Spain
Nat Neurosci 13:680-9. 2010..The diencephalic transcription factor OTP was necessary for this migratory behavior...
- MicroRNA-9 regulates neurogenesis in mouse telencephalon by targeting multiple transcription factorsMikihito Shibata
Laboratories for Vertebrate Body Plan and Animal Resources and Genetic Engineering, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN Kobe, Chuo Ku, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
J Neurosci 31:3407-22. 2011..that microRNA-9 (miR-9) controls neural progenitor proliferation and differentiation in the developing telencephalon by regulating the expression of multiple transcription factors...
- The Sox2 regulatory region 2 functions as a neural stem cell-specific enhancer in the telencephalonSatoru Miyagi
Division of Developmental Biology, Research Center for Genomic Medicine, Saitama Medical University, 1397 1 Yamane, Hidaka, Saitama 350 1241, Japan
J Biol Chem 281:13374-81. 2006..2nd intronic enhancer, the SRR2 shows strong regional specificity functioning only in restricted areas of the telencephalon but not in any other portions of the central nervous system such as the spinal cord...
- Notch activity levels control the balance between quiescence and recruitment of adult neural stem cellsPrisca Chapouton
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Department, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, D 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Neurosci 30:7961-74. 2010..We use here the germinal zone of the zebrafish adult telencephalon to examine how the frequency of NSC divisions is regulated...
- Slits are chemorepellents endogenous to hypothalamus and steer thalamocortical axons into ventral telencephalonJanet E Braisted
Molecular Neurobiology Laboratory, The Salk Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Cereb Cortex 19:i144-51. 2009..along the lateral thalamic surface, and as they approach hypothalamus make a lateral turn into ventral telencephalon. In vitro studies show that hypothalamus releases a chemorepellent for TCAs, and analyses of knockout mice ..
- Dorsoventral patterning of the telencephalon is disrupted in the mouse mutant extra-toes(J)S Tole
Department of Neurobiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 60637, USA
Dev Biol 217:254-65. 2000Little is known about the mechanisms that control the development of regional identity in the mammalian telencephalon. The Gli family of transcription factor genes is involved in the regulation of pattern at many sites in the embryo and ..
- Slit proteins prevent midline crossing and determine the dorsoventral position of major axonal pathways in the mammalian forebrainAnil Bagri
Department of Anatomy, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, CA, USA
Neuron 33:233-48. 2002....
- Directed differentiation of telencephalic precursors from embryonic stem cellsKiichi Watanabe
Organogenesis and Neurogenesis Group, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN, Kobe 650 0047, Japan
Nat Neurosci 8:288-96. 2005..Thus, in the absence of caudalizing signals, floating aggregates of ES cells generate naive telencephalic precursors that acquire subregional identities by responding to extracellular patterning signals...
- Aggression and vasotocin are associated with dominant-subordinate relationships in zebrafishEarl T Larson
Department of Psychology, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Behav Brain Res 167:94-102. 2006..These results suggest that the vasotocinergic system may play a role in shaping dominant-subordinate relationships and agonistic behavior in this model organism...
- Hes genes and neurogenin regulate non-neural versus neural fate specification in the dorsal telencephalic midlineItaru Imayoshi
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Development 135:2531-41. 2008....
- Identification of a brain center whose activity discriminates a choice behavior in zebrafishBilly Y B Lau
Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 2811, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:2581-6. 2011..Based on these findings and previous connectivity data, we propose a neural circuitry model in which the Dm serves as a brain center, the activity of which predicates this choice behavior in zebrafish...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling promotes radial glial identity and interacts with Notch1 signaling in telencephalic progenitorsKeejung Yoon
Institute for Cell Engineering, Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Neurosci 24:9497-506. 2004....
- Social context-induced song variation affects female behavior and gene expressionSarah C Woolley
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS Biol 6:e62. 2008..Together these data demonstrate that females detect and prefer the features of directed song and suggest that high-level auditory areas including the CMM are involved in this social perception...
- Expression of neuron-specific tubulin defines a novel population in the proliferative layers of the developing telencephalonJ R Menezes
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322
J Neurosci 14:5399-416. 1994..and morphology of immature neurons in the proliferative ventricular and subventricular zones of the developing telencephalon. Mouse brains from embryonic day 12 (E12) to postnatal day 5 (P5) were fixed either with a non-cross-linking ..
- Connections of the lateral and medial divisions of the goldfish telencephalic palliumR Glenn Northcutt
Neurobiology Unit, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, and Department of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0201, USA
J Comp Neurol 494:903-43. 2006..The topography and connections of Dl are remarkably similar to those of the hippocampus of tetrapods, whereas the topography and connections of Dm are similar to those of the amygdala...
- Deletion of CREB1 from the dorsal telencephalon reduces motivational properties of cocaineCameron S McPherson
Howard Florey Institute, University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3010 Victoria, Australia
Cereb Cortex 20:941-52. 2010..We conclude that there is a specific role for CREB1 in telencephalic glutamatergic neurons regulating the motivational properties of cocaine...
- Modulation of the notch signaling by Mash1 and Dlx1/2 regulates sequential specification and differentiation of progenitor cell types in the subcortical telencephalonKyuson Yun
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, LPPI, University of California, San Francisco, 401 Parnassus, Box 0984, 94143 0984, USA
Development 129:5029-40. 2002..We suggest that alternate cell fate choices in the developing telencephalon are controlled by coordinated functions of bHLH and homeobox transcription factors through their differential ..
- Subdivisions of the adult zebrafish subpallium by molecular marker analysisJulia Ganz
Biotechnology Center and Center for Regenerative Therapies Dresden, Dresden University of Technology, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Comp Neurol 520:633-55. 2012The morphology of the telencephalon displays great diversity among different vertebrate lineages...
- Functional dicer is necessary for appropriate specification of radial glia during early development of mouse telencephalonTomasz Jan Nowakowski
Developmental Biology Laboratory, Centre for Integrative Physiology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 6:e23013. 2011..for the generation of mature micro RNAs, by conditionally mutating the Dicer1 gene in the early embryonic telencephalon and analyse the molecular specification of radial glia as well as their progeny, namely postmitotic neurons ..
- Sex differences in the dorsolateral telencephalon correlate with home range size in blenniid fishSilvia S Costa
Eco Ethology Research Unit, ISPA Instituto Universitário, Lisbon, Portugal
Brain Behav Evol 77:55-64. 2011..Since the dorsolateral telencephalon has been considered a teleost homologue of the mammalian hippocampus, we predicted that the spatial abilities ..
- Effect of MK-801-induced impairment of inhibitory avoidance learning in zebrafish via inactivation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase (ERK) in telencephalonMing Chong Ng
Department of Life Science, National Taiwan Normal University, Taipei, Taiwan
Fish Physiol Biochem 38:1099-106. 2012..These results suggest that the formation of long-term emotional memory is possibly mediated by ERK activation in the telencephalon of zebrafish.
- Gli3 is required for Emx gene expression during dorsal telencephalon developmentT Theil
Institute for Molecular Biology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany thomas
Development 126:3561-71. 1999..To date, only Emx genes were known to be required for dorsal telencephalon development...
- The dorsal pallium in zebrafish, Danio rerio (Cyprinidae, Teleostei)Thomas Mueller
Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences and Programs in Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 2811, USA
Brain Res 1381:95-105. 2011..nicotine adenine dinucleotide phosphate diphorase (NADPHd) activity and parvalbumin in the anterior zebrafish telencephalon, we show that against previous assumptions the central (Dc) zone possesses its own germinative region in the ..
- Cytoarchitecture of a cichlid fish telencephalonSabrina S Burmeister
Department of Biology and Curriculum in Neurobiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Brain Behav Evol 74:110-20. 2009Although the telencephalon of ray-finned fishes has garnered considerable attention from comparative neuroanatomists, detailed descriptions of telencephalic organization are available for only a few species...
- Cytoarchitectonic study of the brain of a perciform species, the sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax). I. The telencephalonJ M Cerdá-Reverter
Department of Reproductive Physiology of Fish, Instituto de Acuicultura de Torre de la Sal, CSIC, Ribera de Cabanes, Castellon, Spain
J Morphol 247:217-28. 2001A cytoarchitectonic analysis of the telencephalon of the sea bass Dicentrarchus labrax, based on cresyl violet-stained serial transverse sections, is presented...
- Neuronal regeneration in a zebrafish model of adult brain injuryNorihito Kishimoto
Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Dis Model Mech 5:200-9. 2012..Recent studies show that neurogenesis in the ventricular zone (VZ) of the adult zebrafish telencephalon has features in common with neurogenesis in the adult mammalian SVZ...
- SOX2 expression levels distinguish between neural progenitor populations of the developing dorsal telencephalonScott R Hutton
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina, 115 Mason Farm Rd, CB 7250, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Dev Biol 352:40-7. 2011..In the developing dorsal telencephalon, two distinct populations of neural progenitors, radial glia and intermediate progenitor cells, are ..
- Phenotypic expression of monoamines and GABA in the early development of human telencephalon, transient or not transientCatherine Verney
Laboratoire de Neurologie et Physiologie du Développement, INSERM E9935, Hopital Robert Debre, 48 Boulevard Serurier, 75019, Paris, France
J Chem Neuroanat 26:283-92. 2003..such as tyrosine-hydroxylase (TH) immunoreactivity in various neuronal populations of the developing human telencephalon. The specific transporter for serotonin, serotonin transporter (SERT) has been detected in fibers of the ..
- The development and general morphology of the telencephalon of actinopterygian fishes: synopsis, documentation and commentaryRudolf Nieuwenhuys
The Netherlands Institute for Neuroscience, Meibergdreef 47, 1105 BA, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Brain Struct Funct 215:141-57. 2011..The telencephalon of actinopterygian fishes differs from that in all other vertebrates in that it consists of a pair of solid ..
- Patterns of SDF-1alpha and SDF-1gamma mRNAs, migration pathways, and phenotypes of CXCR4-expressing neurons in the developing rat telencephalonRalf Stumm
Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg, 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
J Comp Neurol 502:382-99. 2007Cortical GABAergic neurons originate in the ventral telencephalon, invade the cortex via tangential migration, and integrate into the cortical plate by surface-directed and ventricle-directed migration...
- A genomic atlas of mouse hypothalamic developmentTomomi Shimogori
RIKEN BSI, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako Shi, Saitama, Japan
Nat Neurosci 13:767-75. 2010..Our results serve as a resource for functional investigations of hypothalamic development, connectivity, physiology and dysfunction...
- Induction and patterning of the telencephalon in Xenopus laevisGiuseppe Lupo
Dipartimento di Fisiologia e Biochimica, Laboratorio di Biologia Cellulare e dello Sviluppo, Universita di Pisa, via G Carducci 13, 56010 Ghezzano Pisa, Italy
Development 129:5421-36. 2002..Therefore, integration of organizer secreted molecules and of FGF, may account for patterning of the more rostral part of Xenopus CNS...
- Developmental expression of the oligodendrocyte myelin glycoprotein in the mouse telencephalonVanessa Gil
Molecular and Cellular Neurobiotechnology laboratory, Institute for Bioengineering of Catalonia IBEC, Barcelona E 08028, Spain
Cereb Cortex 20:1769-79. 2010..Our data support the idea that early expressed MAIPs play an active role during development and point to OMgp participating in thalamo-cortical connections...
- Eomes::GFP-a tool for live imaging cells of the trophoblast, primitive streak, and telencephalon in the mouse embryoGloria S Kwon
Developmental Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, New York 10021, USA
Genesis 45:208-17. 2007..thereafter the chorion, in addition to the visceral endoderm and primitive streak at gastrula stages, and the telencephalon at later stages...
- Seasonal neuroplasticity in the songbird telencephalon: a role for melatoninG E Bentley
Department of Psychology, Behavioral Neuroendocrinology Group, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD 21218, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:4674-9. 1999..This effect was observed regardless of reproductive state. To our knowledge, this is the first direct evidence of a role for melatonin in functional plasticity within the central nervous system of vertebrates...
- Gli2 is a novel regulator of sox2 expression in telencephalic neuroepithelial cellsHiromi Takanaga
Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN, Kobe, Japan
Stem Cells 27:165-74. 2009..Thus these data reveal a novel transcriptional cascade, involving Gli2 --> Sox2 --> Hes5, which maintains the undifferentiated state of telencephalic NE cells...
- Forebrain gene expression domains and the evolving prosomeric modelLuis Puelles
Department of Human Anatomy and Psychobiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, Murcia 30100, Spain
Trends Neurosci 26:469-76. 2003..We sketch a simplified model, in which the secondary prosencephalon (telencephalon plus hypothalamus) is a complex protosegment not subdivided into prosomeres, which exhibits patterning ..
- Hepatocyte growth factor/scatter factor is a motogen for interneurons migrating from the ventral to dorsal telencephalonE M Powell
Department of Neurobiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Neuron 30:79-89. 2001Cortical interneurons arise from the proliferative zone of the ventral telencephalon, the ganglionic eminence, and migrate into the developing neocortex...
- A role for neural determination genes in specifying the dorsoventral identity of telencephalic neuronsC Fode
Institut de G en etique et de Biologie Mol eculaire et Cellulaire, Centre National de la Recherche Scient ifique Institut National de la Sant e et de la Recherche M edicale, Communaut e Urbaine de Strasbourg, France
Genes Dev 14:67-80. 2000..In the telencephalon, the Ngns and Mash1 are expressed at high levels in complementary dorsal and ventral domains, respectively...
- Zinc-containing neurons are distinct from GABAergic neurons in the telencephalon of the ratL Slomianka
Department of Anatomy and Human Biology, The University of Western Australia, Nedlands
Anat Embryol (Berl) 195:165-74. 1997..Other strongly calbindin-immunoreactive neurons of the telencephalon were never double-labeled...
- Integration of Smad and forkhead pathways in the control of neuroepithelial and glioblastoma cell proliferationJoan Seoane
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, 1300 York Avenue, New York, NY 1002, USA
Cell 117:211-23. 2004..We suggest that the activity of this network confers resistance to TGF-beta-mediated cytostasis during the development of the telencephalic neuroepithelium and in glioblastoma brain tumor cells...
- Emx1 and Emx2 functions in development of dorsal telencephalonM Yoshida
Department of Morphogenesis, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics IMEG, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
Development 124:101-11. 1997..In the more lateral region of telencephalon, Emx2-deficiency may be compensated for by Emx1 and vice versa...
- FoxG1 and TLE2 act cooperatively to regulate ventral telencephalon formationMartin Roth
Faculty of Life Sciences, Michael Smith Building, University of Manchester, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9PT, UK
Development 137:1553-62. 2010..transcriptional repressor that plays a key role in the specification, proliferation and differentiation of the telencephalon, and is expressed from the earliest stages of telencephalic development through to the adult...
- Genetic mapping of Foxb1-cell lineage shows migration from caudal diencephalon to telencephalon and lateral hypothalamusTianyu Zhao
Department of Genes and Behavior, Brain Development Group, Max Planck Institute of Biophysical Chemistry, Gottingen, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 28:1941-55. 2008..The expanded neuroepithelium generates abundant neurons for the medial hypothalamus at the tuberal level. Finally, we have uncovered novel diencephalon-to-telencephalon migrations into septum, piriform cortex and amygdala.
- Expression of Meis and Pbx genes and their protein products in the developing telencephalon: implications for regional differentiationH Toresson
Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Division of Neurobiology, Section for Developmental Neurobiology, Lund University, Sweden
Mech Dev 94:183-7. 2000..Curr. Opin. Genet. Dev. 8, 423-429). We have studied the expression of these genes in the mouse telencephalon and found that Meis1 and Meis2 display region-specific patterns of expression from embryonic day (E)10...
- Transformation of odor representations in target areas of the olfactory bulbEmre Yaksi
Max Planck Institute for Medical Research, Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Neurosci 12:474-82. 2009..This mechanism can extract information about combinations of molecular features from ensembles of active and inactive mitral cells, suggesting that pattern processing in Dp establishes representations of odor objects...
- Effects of songs and calls on ZENK expression in the auditory telencephalon of field- and isolate-reared black capped chickadeesLeslie S Phillmore
Department of Psychology, Queen s University, Kingston ON, Canada K7L 3N6
Behav Brain Res 147:125-34. 2003..These findings indicated that the type of conspecific vocalization, as well as the sex of the listener, appear to modulate IEG expression in the songbird ascending auditory pathway...
- Expression of the genes Emx1, Tbr1, and Eomes (Tbr2) in the telencephalon of Xenopus laevis confirms the existence of a ventral pallial division in all tetrapodsAurora Brox
Department of Human Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, 30100 Murcia, Spain
J Comp Neurol 474:562-77. 2004..xTbr1) gene and analyzed its expression compared with that of the genes xEomes (Tbr2) and xEmx1 in the telencephalon of the frog Xenopus laevis during embryonic and larval development...
- Long-term neuroblast migration along blood vessels in an area with transient angiogenesis and increased vascularization after strokePär Thored
Laboratory of Neurogenesis and Cell Therapy, Section of Restorative Neurology, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, University Hospital, SE 221 84 Lund, Sweden
Stroke 38:3032-9. 2007..We explored whether MCAO leads to hypoxia, changes in vessel density, and angiogenesis in the ipsilateral SVZ and adjacent striatum, and determined the relation between the migrating neuroblasts and the vasculature...
- LRP2/megalin is required for patterning of the ventral telencephalonRobert Spoelgen
Max Delbrueck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, 13092, Germany
Development 132:405-14. 2005..Because megalin mediates endocytic uptake and degradation of BMP4, these findings indicate a role for megalin in neural tube specification, possibly by acting as BMP4 clearance receptor in the neuroepithelium...
- Roles of the basic helix-loop-helix genes Hes1 and Hes5 in expansion of neural stem cells of the developing brainT Ohtsuka
Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:30467-74. 2001..These results indicate that Hes1 and Hes5 play an important role in the maintenance of neural stem cells but not in gliogenesis in the embryonal telencephalon.
- The dopaminergic innervation of the avian telencephalonD Durstewitz
AE Biopsychologie, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Germany
Prog Neurobiol 59:161-95. 1999..provides an overview of the distribution of dopaminergic fibers and dopaminoceptive elements within the avian telencephalon, the possible interactions of dopamine (DA) with other biochemically identified systems as revealed by ..
- Laminar and columnar auditory cortex in avian brainYuan Wang
Department of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0608, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12676-81. 2010..methods, we demonstrate the existence of comparable columnar functional modules in laminated auditory telencephalon of an avian species (Gallus gallus)...
- The temporal and spatial origins of cortical interneurons predict their physiological subtypeSimon J B Butt
Developmental Genetics Program and the Department of Cell Biology, The Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University Medical Center, 540 First Avenue, New York, New York 10016, USA
Neuron 48:591-604. 2005..At present, little is known about how these neurons are specified in the developing telencephalon. To explore whether this diversity is established in the early progenitor populations, we conducted in utero ..
- Bone morphogenetic protein signaling in the developing telencephalon controls formation of the hippocampal dentate gyrus and modifies fear-related behaviorGiuliana Caronia
Department of Neurobiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosci 30:6291-301. 2010..mice that were deficient in Bmpr1b constitutively, and deficient in Bmpr1a conditionally in the dorsal telencephalon. In double mutant male and female mice, the dentate gyrus (DG) was dramatically smaller than in control mice, ..
- Integrating microRNA and mRNA expression profiles of neuronal progenitors to identify regulatory networks underlying the onset of cortical neurogenesisJoseph A Nielsen
Section of Developmental Genetics, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
BMC Neurosci 10:98. 2009....
- Topography of thalamic projections requires attractive and repulsive functions of Netrin-1 in the ventral telencephalonAshton W Powell
Neuroscience Center, Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS Biol 6:e116. 2008..topography of thalamocortical (TC) axon projections is initiated before they reach the cortex, in the ventral telencephalon (VTel)...
- Integration of telencephalic Wnt and hedgehog signaling center activities by Foxg1Catherine Danesin
Medical Research Council Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, London, UK
Dev Cell 16:576-87. 2009..Concomitantly to these roles, Foxg1 controls the formation of the compartment boundary between telencephalon and basal diencephalon...
- Anatomical distribution and cellular basis for high levels of aromatase activity in the brain of teleost fish: aromatase enzyme and mRNA expression identify glia as sourceP M Forlano
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Neurosci 21:8943-55. 2001..activity in a vocal fish, the plainfin midshipman (Porichthys notatus), and found highest levels in the telencephalon and lower levels in the sonic hindbrain, which was dimorphic between and within (males) sexes...
- LIM-homeodomain gene Lhx2 regulates the formation of the cortical hemS Bulchand
Department of Biological Sciences, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, 400005, Mumbai, India
Mech Dev 100:165-75. 2001We are interested in the early mechanisms that initiate regional patterning in the dorsal telencephalon, which gives rise to cerebral cortex...
- Selection of differentiating cells by different levels of delta-like 1 among neural precursor cells in the developing mouse telencephalonDaichi Kawaguchi
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Development 135:3849-58. 2008..evidence that the Notch-Delta pathway plays an important role in this selection in the developing mouse telencephalon. We found that the expression patterns of the Notch ligand delta-like 1 (Dll1) and of the active form of ..
- The cellular fate of cortical progenitors is not maintained in neurosphere culturesOndrej Machon
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Czech Academy of Sciences, Videnska 1083, 14220 Prague, Czech Republic
Mol Cell Neurosci 30:388-97. 2005..We isolated neural progenitors from the dorsal telencephalon of D6-GFP mice and cultured them in vitro...
- Beta-catenin-mediated Wnt signaling regulates neurogenesis in the ventral telencephalonAlexandra A Gulacsi
Department of Psychiatry, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, 1300 York Avenue, Box 244, New York, New York, 10065, USA
Nat Neurosci 11:1383-91. 2008Development of the telencephalon involves the coordinated growth of diversely patterned brain structures...
- Fibroblast growth factor 8 regulates neocortical guidance of area-specific thalamic innervationTomomi Shimogori
Department of Neurobiology, Pharmacology, and Physiology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Neurosci 25:6550-60. 2005..Our findings demonstrate that thalamocortical axons are directed by sequential, positional cues within the cortex and implicate FGF8 as an indirect regulator of thalamocortical innervation...
- Connections of the ventral telencephalon (subpallium) in the zebrafish (Danio rerio)Elke Rink
Brain Research Institute, University of Bremen, 28334, Bremen, Germany
Brain Res 1011:206-20. 2004Connections of the medial precommissural subpallial ventral telencephalon, i.e...
- Development of the primary olfactory pathwayHelen Treloar; Fiscal Year: 2009..Axons penetrate the telencephalon, forming a presumptive olfactory nerve layer (pONL)...
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF MAMMALIAN BRAIN DEVELOPMENTEseng Lai; Fiscal Year: 2001..Results suggested that BF-1 was essential for growth of the telencephalon because at early stages, no significant differences in size of the telencephalic vesicles were apparent...
- TECTOPULVINAR SYSTEM: MOTION DETECTION AND EVOLUTIONHarvey Karten; Fiscal Year: 2004..suggest that the tectopulvinar system is one of the most ancient components of the ascending pathways to the telencephalon and is vital to the process of motion detection...
- Regulation of GABAergic Neuron DifferentiationBrian Condie; Fiscal Year: 2005..The factors being tested are expressed in the developing mesencephalon, diencephalon and telencephalon and are involved in GABAergic development...
- NIH Director's Pioneer AwardERICH JARVIS; Fiscal Year: 2009..Repairing the pathway in vocal learners, when damaged, would have profound impact for correcting neurological disorders of speech. ..
- Embryonic regulation of GnRH neuron migration and functionDavid J Kozlowski; Fiscal Year: 2012..These GnRH neurons originate outside the CNS and migrate into the ventral telencephalon and hypothalamus during embryogenesis...
- EFFECT OF ETHANOL ON CELL PROLIFERATIONMichael W Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010..These derive prenatally from two distinct proliferative regions. PNs come from the dorsal telencephalon which comprises two zones: the ventricular zone (VZ) and its derivative, the subventricular zone (SZ)...
- Regulation of Forebrain Neurogenesis by the Energy Sensor AMP KinaseBiplab Dasgupta; Fiscal Year: 2013..it is known that humoral and transcriptional regulation generates the cellular diversity in the mammalian telencephalon, a relatively unexplored area is whether the progenitor populations are also metabolically distinct and the ..
- EFFECT OF ETHANOL ON CELL PROLIFERATIONFrank A Middleton; Fiscal Year: 2013..These derive prenatally from two distinct proliferative regions. PNs come from the dorsal telencephalon which comprises two zones: the ventricular zone (VZ) and its derivative, the subventricular zone (SZ)...
- Molecular Mechanisms Controlling Formation of Basal Ganglia CircuitryKENNETH J CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The telencephalon represents the region of the brain most concerned with cognition and voluntary movement...
- Roles of Gsh1 &Gsh2 in Telencephalic NeurogenesisKENNETH J CAMPBELL; Fiscal Year: 2012The mammalian telencephalon represents the region of the brain that displays the most cellular diversity, particularly with respect to neuronal subtypes...
- CIRCADIAN SYSTEM AND PRENATAL COCAINE IN ZEBRAFISHIrina V Zhdanova; Fiscal Year: 2013..to cocaine during the major periods of cortical (pallium) and limbic system (dorsomedial and dorsolateral telencephalon) development, synchronized with either the nighttime or daytime circadian phase...
- Origin of Cortical Species-specific DistinctionsPasko Rakic; Fiscal Year: 2012..on the initial stages of cortical development in the rodent (mouse), non-human primate (macaque) and human telencephalon by using the most advanced genetic molecular and in vitro and in vivo cell biological methods available...
- MYELIN PROTEIN GENE EXPRESSION IN DYSMYELINATING MUTANTSWendy B Macklin; Fiscal Year: 2013..for migration of neurons and oligodendrocyte progenitor cells in cerebellum, optic nerve and embryonic telencephalon, using real time imaging...
- Genetic Control of Basal Telencephalic DevelopmentJohn L R Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..The embryonic basal telencephalon generates subcortical nuclei and cortical interneurons that are required for the function of these circuits...
- ROLE OF THE CORTICAL HEM IN PATTERNING THE TELENCEPHALONElizabeth Ann Grove; Fiscal Year: 2013..Together these studies should clarify normal development of the cerebral cortex, and shed light on the possible causes of human cortical malformations. ..
- Fate Determination of Interneruons in the Mammalian TelecephalonStewart A Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2013..This mouse will permit fate-mapping of cells that originated within a subregion of the subcortical telencephalon, the medial ganglionic eminence and preoptic area...
- NEURAL MECHANISMS OF ANOREXIAAlan G Watts; Fiscal Year: 2012..Inparticular,studieswillfocusoninteractionsbetweenthetelencephalon,andthehypothalamus and hindbrain, since the telencephalon likely plays a critical role in clinically-relevant anorexias...
- Understanding the role of Fezl in adult neural stem cell maintenance and fateMICHAEL ARMAN BERBEROGLU; Fiscal Year: 2012..have established that Fezl is expressed in self-renewing ventricular progenitor cells of the adult zebrafish telencephalon. To determine whether these Fezl-expressing cells are multipotent and can give rise to both neurons and glial ..
- NEUROPEPTIDES AND THEIR PHYSIOLOGICAL CONTROLAlan G Watts; Fiscal Year: 2013..they also help the PVH to coordinate neuroendocrine and autonomic responses with responses generated by the telencephalon. The pre-motor network is proposed to actively and dynamically controls the level of CRH synthesis and release,..
- The Autonomous Roles of Periventricular Angiogenesis in the CNSAnju Vasudevan; Fiscal Year: 2013..The pial vessels do not display developmental gradients and are present circumscribing the entire telencephalon by embryonic day 9 (E9)...
- GENETIC REGULATION OF TELENCEPHALON DEVELOPMENTJohn L R Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Ctip2 Function in Corticospinal Motor Neuron DevelopmentMOLLIE BURGOON WOODWORTH; Fiscal Year: 2012..During the development of the mammalian telencephalon, spatially and temporally heterogeneous progenitor cells generate a rich variety of projection neuron subtypes...
- SHH signaling and Interneuron progenitors in human subventricular zoneNADA R ZECEVIC; Fiscal Year: 2012..to rodents where cortical interneurons mainly originate in the ganglionic eminence (GE) of the ventral telencephalon, in primates they can originate in the GE and in the cortical oSVZ...
- A Role for Serotonin in the Production and Learning of SongWilliam Wood; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Serotonin (5-HT) is a neuromodulator widely expressed in the telencephalon and involved in modulating a number of complex behaviors including learning, emotional state, aggression, and sleep...
- Clonal Analysis of Neocortical Interneuron Circuit DevelopmentSong Hai Shi; Fiscal Year: 2011..innovative methods for effectively and selectively labeling interneuron progenitor cells in the ventral telencephalon - the ganglionic eminences - at clonal density...
- Genetic analysis of forebrain patterning and neurogenesisJean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2013..our preliminary data indicate that FRS is only required for certain aspects of FGF signaling in early telencephalon development...
- Embryonic Vascular Networks and GABA Neuron MigrationAnju Vasudevan; Fiscal Year: 2010GABAergic interneurons, born in remote germinative zones in the ventral forebrain (telencephalon) migrate tangentially into the cortex to adopt their specific positions...
- Cellular Mechanisms for Oligodendrocyte MyelinationBruce D Trapp; Fiscal Year: 2010..a better understanding of how multipotent CNS stem cells located in the subventricular zone (SVZ) of the telencephalon produce OPCs in response to demyelination...
- WNTs, FGFs, and BMPs Induce and Maintain the TelencephalonJean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2013..results in loss of telencephalic markers in zebrafish, indicating that low WNT signaling is necessary for telencephalon induction. In mice, it remains unclear if low WNT signaling is necessary for telencephalon induction...
- Functional Organization of the Song Motor Control SystemMarc F Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2012..relatively simple rhythmic motor patterns, models of motor control often place most of their emphasis on the telencephalon. This is certainly true for the production of learned vocal behaviors where the brainstem is viewed primarily ..
- Genetic analysis of chandelier cells during cortical circuit assemblyZ Josh Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..has made in understanding the early development of cortical interneurons, from their generation in the ventral telencephalon to their long distance migration into the cortex, it is still unclear how distinct classes of interneuron are ..
- Development of the basal telencephalic limbic systemMOLLY MAUREEN HUNTSMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our previous studies have identified distinct progenitor pools in the developing telencephalon that contribute to postnatal neuronal cell diversity in these amygdala subdivisions...
- Functional integration of inhibitory interneuron progenitors in the adult brainRobert F Hunt; Fiscal Year: 2013..the effect of inhibitory neural progenitor cell subtypes derived from other regions of the embryonic telencephalon on existing host circuitry remains largely unknown, especially after transplant into the adult brain...
- LEWIS X OLIGOSACCHARIDE IN THE EMBRVONIC CNSPaul Patterson; Fiscal Year: 1999..It's pattern of labeling delineates a novel set of boundaries in the rodent telencephalon and diencephalon, displaying a partial overlap with the expression of the transcription factor BF- 1...
- Specifying the Neocortical Area Map in the FerretElizabeth Ann Grove; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the mouse telencephalon, a rostral patterning center (RPC) releases Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF) 8, a morphogen that disperses in a ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR CEREBRAL CORTICAL DEVELOPMENTFlora Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2002..and FGF2 transgenic mice with regard to volume, cell number and apoptosis within histogenic domains of the telencephalon containing neuronal and glial progenitor cells...
- CONNECTIONS OF THE LIMBIC SYSTEM AND HYPOTHALAMUSLARRY SWANSON; Fiscal Year: 2005..each of these broadly defined functions, and has shown that they-along with closely associated limbic telencephalon regions-project topographically to the lateral hypothalamic area (LHA)...
- EVOLUTION OF THE TELENCEPHALONRICHARD NORTHCUTT; Fiscal Year: 1993..application, a plan is outlined for continuing studies on the organization and evolution of the vertebrate telencephalon. Living vertebrates constitute two major evolutionary radiations: jawless fishes (agnathans) and jawed ..
- DEVELOPMENT AND MIGRATION OF LHRH NEURONSRobert Norgren; Fiscal Year: 1999..have demonstrated that X-linked Kallmann's disease is due to a failure of the olfactory nerve to enter the telencephalon and LHRH neurons to migrate into the brain...
- GENETIC STUDIES OF CORTEX STRUCTURE AND DEVELOPMENTJohn L R Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..from the rostral patterning center plays a major role in governing growth and patterning of the rostral telencephalon, including the frontal cortex...
- Generation of Cortical Motoneurons from Embryonic Stem CellsXue Jun Li; Fiscal Year: 2007..be assessed by their interaction with lower motoneurons in culture and following transplantation to dorsal telencephalon of a chick embryo...
- LATERAL LINE PATHWAYSROBERT BOORD; Fiscal Year: 1991..reveal that the mesencephalic electrosensory lateral line nucleus projects to the medial pallium of the telencephalon via a posterior lateral thalamic relay center...
- Development of the primary olfactory pathwayHelen Treloar; Fiscal Year: 2005..Axons penetrate the telencephalon, forming a presumptive olfactory nerve layer (pONL)...
- The Role of FoxP2 in Olfactory Bulb Interneuron NeurogenesisZegary J Allen; Fiscal Year: 2010..factors Pax6 and Gsh2 are required for proper development of dorsal-ventral patterning in the embryonic telencephalon while Sp8 and Mashl play important roles in olfactory bulb interneuron generation...
- NEUROTROPHINS IN OLFACTORY DEVELOPMENTKathleen Guthrie; Fiscal Year: 2002..At this time, cells in the rostral telencephalon express the appropriate tyrosine kinase trk receptors for these neurotrophins and the olfactory bulbs begin to ..
- ELIMINATION OF RADIAL GLIA IN POSTNATAL TELENCEPHALONJOAO MENEZES; Fiscal Year: 2004..Initially, we will focus on the proliferative and migratory activity that occurs in the postnatal subventricular zone, where most of the cell bodies of the radial glial cells are found at this stage. ..
- DUAL OLFACTORY SYSTEM--STRUCTURE/FUNCTIONMimi Halpern; Fiscal Year: 2003..The dual olfactory system hypothesis postulates that these two systems comprise parallel pathways through the telencephalon and, by virtue of these connections, are involved in different aspects of behavioral response to chemical ..
- THE ONCOGENICITY OF WINGED HELIX PROTEINSPeter Vogt; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proteins to be studied are Qin, a telencephalon-specific protein that is also expressed as the oncogenic determinant in a retrovirus, CWH2, a mutant form of ..
- OLFACTORY AXON REGULATE OLFACTORY BULB CYTOGENESISQizhi Gong; Fiscal Year: 2003..this application are designed to examine the mechanisms by which olfactory axons interact with the developing telencephalon to regulate neurogenesis in the olfactory bulb primordium that develops from the rostral end of the ..
- Developmental Differences in Brain Androgen SynthesisSarah London; Fiscal Year: 2004..been seen in transcriptional levels of 17 alpha hydroxylase (CYP 17), the enzyme that makes androgen, in the telencephalon of developing zebra finches...
- Regulation of Tangential Migration in the Embryonic CNSAndrew Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2004..will also be examined using a fate-mapping approach in which many or most cells arising in the ventral telencephalon will be labeled with stable expression of beta-galactosidase, GFP or alkaline phosphatase...
- The role of Sp8 in olfactory system developmentIlya Vilinsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is also expressed in specific domains of the medial telencephalon at various points during embryonic development...
- NF-kappaB signaling in mammalian forebrain progenitorsNicholas Gaiano; Fiscal Year: 2007..The work proposed here investigates this question in the telencephalon, the embryonic structure that gives rise to the cerebral cortex and other areas of higher brain function...
- Genetic Interactions at the Cortical Striatal BorderLaura A Cocas; Fiscal Year: 2010..to patterning of ceils at the cortical-striatal border (CSB), a transient boundary in the developing telencephalon. The CSB is a source of cells that migrate to the basal telencephalic limbic system along the lateral cortical ..
- GENETIC REGULATION OF TELENCEPHALON DEVELOPMENTJohn Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC REGULATION OF TELENCEPHALON DEVELOPMENTJohn Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GENETIC REGULATION OF TELENCEPHALON DEVELOPMENTJohn Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..This application is a competitive renewal for two NIMH grants: MH49428 and MH51561; the proposed projects herein are a synthesis of the scientific goals of MH49428 and MH51561. ..
- Comparative mapping of auditory telencephalonTHOMAS TERLEPH; Fiscal Year: 2006..Results will provide a detailed characterization of species-specific response properties across regions, and will help to elucidate how response preferences arise in NCM. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuropathology and Pathogenesis of Huntington's DiseaseAnton Reiner; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE GUSTATORY SYSTEMRICHARD NORTHCUTT; Fiscal Year: 2005..To test the hypothesis that retinoic acid acts as a signal to pattern endoderm directly during gastrulation (aim 3), presumptive pharyngeal endoderm will be excised, exposed to retinoic acid, and cultured. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE OLFACTORY SYSTEM IN ZEBRAFISHKATHLEEN WHITLOCK; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF NEURAL PATTERNING IN MAMMALIAN FOREBRAINGordon Fishell; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- REGIONAL PATTERNING IN THE VENTRAL TELENCEPHALONGORDON J FISHELL; Fiscal Year: 2010..that Hedgehog-signaling between embryonic day 9 and 10 is fundamental for patterning of the mouse ventral telencephalon, from where all cortical interneurons arise...