- Intraosseous hemangioma of the zygoma: CT and MR findings
S L Moore
Department of Radiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave Levy Place, New York University, New York, NY 10029, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 22:1383-5. 2001
..Only 20 cases of zygomatic involvement have been reported in the English-language literature. We report a case of an intraosseous hemangioma of the zygoma documented by CT and MR studies.
- The Zygoma Anchorage System
Hugo De Clerck
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Catholic University of Louvain, St. Luc University Hospital, 15, Av. Hippocrates, 1200 Brussels, Belgium
J Clin Orthod 36:455-9. 2002
- Accuracy of drilling guides for transfer from three-dimensional CT-based planning to placement of zygoma implants in human cadavers
Daniel Van Steenberghe
Department of Periodontology, Faculty of Medicine, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Clin Oral Implants Res 14:131-6. 2003
The accuracy of surgical drilling guides was assessed for placement of zygoma implants...
- Recurrent myxoma of the zygoma: a case report
Leopoldo E Landa
Division of Plastic, Reconstructive and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 60:704-8. 2002
- Zygomaticotemporal nerve passage in the orbit and temporal area
Department of Plastic Surgery, Inha University Hospital, Inchon, Korea
J Craniofac Surg 15:209-14. 2004
..Precautions should be taken when working in the area of the vulnerable zone during the Dingman procedure involving periorbital incision in case of zygomatic fracture...
- Point-to-point computer-assisted navigation for precise transfer of planned zygoma osteotomies from the stereolithographic model into reality
University Hospital of Cranio Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 64:550-9. 2006
..To evaluate the feasibility and accuracy of a new method for planning and realizing zygomatic osteotomies in cases of established post-traumatic deformities using stereolithographic (SL) models and computer assisted navigation...
- Primary Ewing's sarcoma of the maxilla and zygoma: report of a case
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery and Stomatology, Virgen del Rocio University Hospital, Avda. Manuel Siurot s/n, University of Seville, 41013 Seville, Spain
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1539-42. 2005
- Material properties of the human cranial vault and zygoma
Department of Public Health, Baylor College of Dentistry, Texas A and M University System Health Science Center, Dallas, Texas 75246, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 274:785-97. 2003
..A facial bone, the zygoma, was also included to contrast the properties of the cranial vault with another craniofacial intramembranous bone ..
- Maxillary distraction resulting in facial advancement at Le Fort III level in cleft lip and palate patients: a report of two cases
Roger A Zwahlen
Department of Maxillo Facial and Oral Surgery, Oral and Dental Hospital, Pretoria, South Africa
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 98:541-5. 2004
- Longitudinal posteroanterior changes in transverse and vertical craniofacial structures between 10 and 14 years of age
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, , Erzurum, Turkey
Angle Orthod 74:624-9. 2004
..The most pronounced age-related increases occurred in the mandibular width for transverse measurements and in the total facial height for vertical measurements in both sexes during this study...
- Maxillary sinus and ridge augmentations using a surface-derived autogenous bone graft
Department of Surgery, Division of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Miami School of Medicine, FL 33136, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 62:1535-44. 2004
..A handheld instrument is described that cuts and collects thin shavings of bone from cortical surfaces...
- Morphologic characteristics of masseter muscle in cleidocranial dysplasia: a report of 3 cases
Division of Oral Diagnosis and Radiology, Tohoku University Graduate School of Dentistry, Sendai, Japan
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 99:185-90. 2005
..We have concluded the masseter muscles are less thick than normal, alongside the maxillofacial bone abnormalities in CCD patients...
- Allogeneic membranous bone grafting for a large calvarial defect
Alan F Breidahl
Melbourne Craniofacial Unit, Royal Children's Hospital Melbourne, and the Department of Surgery, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:43e-49e. 2005
- Reconstruction of extensive maxillary defects using zygomaticus implants
Brian L Schmidt
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0440, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 62:82-9. 2004
..This article is a clinical retrospective analysis of patients reconstructed with zygomaticus implants after maxillary ablation...
- Do miniscrews remain stationary under orthodontic forces?
Eric J W Liou
Department of Orthodontics and Craniofacial Dentistry, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital and Graduate School of Craniofacial Medicine, Chang Gung University, 199 Tung Hwa North Road, Taipei 105, Taiwan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:42-7. 2004
- Simultaneous orbital expansion and intraoral distraction osteogenesis of upper and lower jaws in a patient with hemifacial microsomia
Department of Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, University Clinic of Dentistry, Austria
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 31:228-33. 2003
..Correction of a micro-orbit, caused by clinical anophthalmia is a very challenging task. In hemifacial microsomia a micro-orbit may be combined with hypoplasia of the malar and the ascending mandibular ramus...
- Craniofacial asymmetry in development: an anatomical study
Department of Anatomy, Bahiana School of Dentistry, Bahia, Brazil
Angle Orthod 73:381-5. 2003
..Therefore, the hypothesis that craniofacial asymmetry only appears after establishment of the chewing habit was not supported...
- Transverse development of the craniofacial skeleton and dentition between 7 and 15 years of age--a longitudinal postero-anterior cephalometric study
Christopher J Lux
Department of Orthodontics, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Orthod 26:31-42. 2004
..By the age of 7 years, over 95 per cent of the growth in the intermolar width had occurred...
- Morphologic characteristics of the dentition and palate in cases of skeletal asymmetry
Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, Ishikari Tobetsu, Hokkaido, Japan
Angle Orthod 74:26-30. 2004
..In this study, the three-dimensional application of a new palatal reference plane is very useful in morphological research, and the results provide detailed information on the characteristics of facial asymmetry...
- Semirapid maxillary expansion--a study of long-term transverse effects in older adolescents and adults
Department of Orthodontics, University of Ankara, Ankara, Turkey
Angle Orthod 74:71-8. 2004
..The findings of this study suggested that the dentoskeletal changes after the use of SRME were maintained satisfactorily in the long term in older adolescents and adults...
- Normal anatomy on tomograms for dental implants
Kavas H Thunthy
Department of Oral Diagnosis, Medicine, Radiology, Louisiana State University School of Dentistry in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Gen Dent 51:134-40. 2003
..The purpose of this article is to aid dentists in identifying normal anatomical landmarks on cross-sectional slices and to correlate them to sagittal slices...
- Augmentation of cheek bone contour using malar osteotomy
Service de Stomatologie, Chirurgie Maxillo Faciale et Plastique de la Face, CHU Nord, Marseille, France
Aesthetic Plast Surg 27:269-74. 2003
..Malar osteotomy is a simple and safe procedure; it allows an anterolateral cheek projection and seems to be effective for treating transverse midface deficiency...
- Anatomic and clinical study of the orbitopterional approach to anterior communicating artery aneurysms
L Fernando Gonzalez
Neurosurgery 54:1031-2; author reply 1032. 2004
- Nanomechanical properties of facial sutures and sutural mineralization front
Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Department of Orthodontics, 801 S. Paulina Street, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612-7211, USA
J Dent Res 83:470-5. 2004
..The elastic properties of sutures and sutural mineralization fronts are potentially useful for improving our understanding of their roles in development...
- Zygoma fixture in the management of advanced atrophy of the maxilla: technique and long-term results
Per Ingvar Brånemark
Brånemark Osseointegration Center, Goteborg, Sweden
Scand J Plast Reconstr Surg Hand Surg 38:70-85. 2004
..by a long-term study on onlay bone grafting and simultaneous placement of a fixture based on a new design: the zygoma fixture, and the aim of this study was to assess its potential...
- Hypertelorism: the importance of three-dimensional imaging and trends in the surgical correction by facial bipartition
Andrea Moreira Gonzalez
Institute for Craniofacial and Reconstructive Surgery, Southfield, Mich 48084, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:1537-46. 2005
..Three-dimensional imaging can definitely be considered an extra tool for accurate surgical planning and helping the family understand the surgical procedure and the end result...
- Radiation-induced craniofacial bone growth inhibition: efficacy of cytoprotection following a fractionated dose regimen
Giorgio C La Scala
Division of Plastic Surgery, The Hospital for Sick Children Center for Craniofacial Care and Research, Ontario, Canada
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:1973-85. 2005
- Verification of clinical precision after computer-aided reconstruction in craniomaxillofacial surgery
Marc Christian Metzger
Department of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, Albert Ludwigs University Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 104:e1-10. 2007
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the accuracy of the preoperative planning and the postoperative result regarding the skeletal reconstruction...
- Dentoskeletal effects of a removable appliance for expansion of the maxillary arch: a postero-anterior cephalometric study
Department of Orthodontics, University of Florence, Italy
Eur J Orthod 30:57-60. 2008
..The width of the upper dental arch and that of the skeletal maxillary transverse dimension were significantly greater (P < 0.001) in the treatment group when compared with the controls...
- A novel method for measuring and monitoring monobloc distraction osteogenesis using three-dimensional computed tomography rendered images with the "biporion-dorsum sellae" plane. Part II: comparison of measurements before and after distraction
Kenneth E Salyer
World Craniofacial Foundation, Dallas, Texas, USA
J Craniofac Surg 19:369-76. 2008
..The findings seem to point the way for an increased consolidation period and more detailed examination of the CT scans before removal of internal distraction devices...
- One-stage zygomaticomandibular approach for improved access to the hemimaxilla and the middle base of the skull
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
J Craniofac Surg 19:528-33. 2008
..The zygoma and the mandible were not detached from the facial musculature or from its overlying tissues, maintaining an ..
- Anatomical bases for the insertion of zygomatic implants
Bahia School of Medicine and Public Health, Bahia, Brazil
Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 10:271-5. 2008
..The purpose of this study was to obtain anatomical information for installing four zygomatic implants, by measurements of maxillae and zygomata...
- The posterior maxilla: clinical considerations and current concepts using BrÃ¥nemark System implants
Periodontol 2000 47:67-78. 2008
- Sutural strain in orthopedic headgear therapy: a finite element analysis
Department of Orthodontics, University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:53-9. 2008
..Does the mechanical signal induced in the sutures sufficiently account for a growth-influencing effect?..
- Three-dimensional analysis system for orthognathic surgery patients with jaw deformities
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 134:100-11. 2008
..The purpose of this article was to introduce a new method for comparing 3-dimensional (3D) standard values of the maxillofacial skeletal and facial soft-tissue morphology before and after orthognathic surgery...
- Optimizing craniofacial osteotomies: applications of haptic and rapid prototyping technology
Dylan John Murray
Toronto Adult Craniofacial Program, Sunnybrook Hospital Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:1766-72. 2008
- Computer applications in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery
Scott C Fuller
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 15:233-7. 2007
..This paper reviews the recent literature pertaining to advances in computer-aided presurgical planning and intraoperative navigation...
- Reconstruction of a palatomaxillary defect with vascularized iliac bone combined with a superficial inferior epigastric artery flap and zygomatic implants as anchorage
Y J Hu
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Shanghai Ninth People s Hospital, School of Stomatology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200011, China
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 36:854-7. 2007
..Dental implant restoration achieved good osseointegration without any significant resorption. This new modification represents a significant contribution to palatomaxillary reconstruction using zygomatic implants as anchorage...
- Use of an alveolar distraction device for repositioning the maxillary segment to correct asymmetry of the maxillomandibular complex
Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Reconstructive Surgery, Kyusyu Dental College, Kitakyusyu Fukuoka, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1398-401. 2005
- Sculpturing a fibular flap: combined horizontal/vertical osteotomy and ostectomy for reconstruction of complex craniofacial defects with one flap
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Specialist, Bursa, Turkey
Microsurgery 25:589-95. 2005
..We think that the fibular flap, thanks to its versatility, can be used for reconstruction of complex orbito-zygomatic and orbito-cranial defects successfully...
- Subcranial facial bipartition osteotomy with glabellar reverse V-shaped and temporal approaches instead of the bicoronal approach
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Craniofac Surg 17:147-51; discussion 151-2. 2006
..The temporal approach is also useful, enabling easy zygomatic arch osteotomy and secure pterygo-maxillary separation for pterygo-maxillary separation through an oral approach, allowing chiseling toward the skull base...
- Oromaxillofacial osseous abnormality in Sturge-Weber syndrome: case report and review of the literature
D D M Lin
Division of Neuroradiology, Russell H. Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 27:274-7. 2006
..Extended maxillectomy was performed because of rapid growth and clinical debilitation, with surgical pathology revealing juvenile ossifying fibroma...
- Fixed ceramometallic prostheses over anterior and transzygomatic implants by using the sinus slot technique--report of a case
Master of Oral Surgery and Implantology Program, Valencia University Medical and Dental School, Valencia, Spain
J Oral Implantol 32:38-40. 2006
..The advantages of the sinus slot technique over the sinus window technique are discussed...
- New generation open-bite treatment with zygomatic anchorage
Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dentistry, Marmara University, Nisantasi 34346, Istanbul, Turkey
Angle Orthod 76:519-26. 2006
..This case report demonstrates that zygomatic anchorage can be used effectively for molar intrusion and anchorage maintenance. However, further clinical studies with larger samples are required to confirm its effectiveness...
- LeFort III advancement with and without osteogenesis distraction
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Rome, La Sapienza, Italy
J Craniofac Surg 17:536-43. 2006
- Causes and distribution of facial fractures in a group of South African children and the value of computed tomography in their assessment
A B Van As
Department of Paediatric Surgery, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 35:903-6. 2006
..per cent of facial fractures were missed in radiography, but revealed on CT; fractures of the maxilla, the zygoma and the orbit were most frequently missed in radiography...
- A case of unilateral coronal synostosis in a child with craniofacial microsomia
Michael J Terry
Division of Plastic Surgery, Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University Medical Center, 161 Fort Washington Avenue, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:752-6. 2006
..Unlike the above cases, we report a documented case of radiologically-confirmed unilateral coronal synostosis in a child with craniofacial microsomia...
- Complex midfacial reconstruction: a combined technique of computer-assisted surgery and microvascular tissue transfer
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Hanover Medical School, Hanover, Germany
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 66:2398-406. 2008
- Le Fort III osteotomy: a new internal positioned distractor
Department for Craniomaxillofacial and Facial Plastic Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherland
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 61:882-9. 2003
..Existing distraction devices have several disadvantages. To overcome some of these disadvantages, an internal and temporal positioned distraction device was developed...
- A novel osteosynthesis plate design for routine corrective facial surgery
Maurice Y Mommaerts
Division of Maxillo Facial Surgery, Department of Surgery and Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Anomalies Team, General Hospital St Jan, Brugge, Belgium
J Craniofac Surg 13:585-94; discussion 595-6. 2002
..A pilot study was performed using 20 patients. The system showed great versatility and adaptability, but a multicenter morbidity study is necessary, mainly to study postoperative stability...
- Use of radial forearm free flap with palmaris longus tendon in reconstruction of total maxillectomy with sparing of orbital contents
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Dicle University, Medical School, Diyarbakir, Turkey
J Craniofac Surg 14:220-7. 2003
..The composite radial forearm-palmaris longus free flap has not been described previously for suspension of the ocular globe...
- Cranio-facial distraction osteogenesis: a review of the literature. Part II: Experimental studies
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, Germany
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 31:123-35. 2002
..3%) and one using a cat model (0.8%). Based on the results of this study, an attempt was made to provide biological DO parameters and guidelines for future research on experimental cranio-facial DO related to the appropriate animal model...
- The accuracy of stereolithography in planning craniofacial bone replacement
Peter Shih-Hsin Chang
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Mackey Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Craniofac Surg 14:164-70. 2003
..These findings have important implications for the planning of current surgical methods as well as future applications of tissue-engineered bone replacement...
- [Effect of the discontinuity of the zygomatic arch on facial growth in young rats]
Luciane Ito de Queiroz
Departamento de Cirurgia, , , Brasil
Pesqui Odontol Bras 16:374-8. 2002
..Significant difference was observed in the anteroposterior length of the infratemporal fossa. It was concluded that the consequences of a discontinuity of the zygomatic arch on facial growth are restricted to the structure itself...
- Proportion indices in the craniofacial regions of 284 healthy North American white children between 1 and 5 years of age
Leslie G Farkas
Center for Craniofacial Care and Research, The Hospital for Sick Children, and Division of Plastic Surgery, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Craniofac Surg 14:13-28. 2003
- Zygomatic bone: an additional donor site for alveolar bone reconstruction. Technical note
Vesa T Kainulainen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Toronto, Canada
Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 17:723-8. 2002
This article describes a procedure to harvest bone from the zygoma for alveolar bone reconstruction...
- The zygomaticus implant protocol in the treatment of the severely resorbed maxilla
J G Boyes-Varley
Division of Maxillo Facial and Oral Surgery, Department of Surgery, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg
SADJ 58:106-9, 113-4. 2003
..The use of a zygomatic implant with a 55 degrees head reduces the buccal cantilever by 20%...
- Surgically assisted rapid palatal expansion (SARPE) prior to combined Le Fort I and sagittal osteotomies: a case report
C A Tavares
Department of Orthodontics, , Brazil
Int J Adult Orthodon Orthognath Surg 16:200-6. 2001
..The patient exhibited excellent stability 6 years after treatment. The controversy regarding one surgery or a 2-stage surgical approach is discussed briefly...
- [Surgical technics in orthognathic surgery]
Rev Belge Med Dent 57:49-70. 2002
..He also insists upon the modifications of the facial mask by the mobilisation of the different parts of the facial skeleton. Numerous schemas illustrate and make easy the comprehension of this paper...
- Evaluation of homologous bone graft versus biomaterials in the aesthetic restoration of the middle third of the face
Chair of Maxillo Facial Surgery, La Sapienza, University, Rome, Italy
Minerva Chir 57:283-7. 2002
- Description of a photoelastic coating technique to describe surface strain of a dog skull loaded in vitro
Roy B Judge
School of Dental Science and School of Veterinary Science, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
J Prosthet Dent 90:92-6. 2003
..The technique described should allow in vitro investigation of the mechanical environment into which osseointegrated implants are placed and may aid in understanding their behavior...
- Gross growth and regrowth of sutures: reflections on some personal research
Bernard G Sarnat
Oral Biology ar the School of Dentistry and the Division of Plastic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90025, USA
J Craniofac Surg 14:438-44. 2003
..Bone growth at sutures is secondary or compensatory to some other factors...
- The Tessier number 5 cleft with associated extremity anomalies
I G Kara
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Pamukkale University Faculty of Medicine, 20100 Denizli, Turkey
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 38:529-32. 2001
..The teratology of these malformations is discussed, and attention is drawn to the amniotic rupture sequence as a possible cause...
- Monobloc and facial bipartition osteotomies
Ramon L Ruiz
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Brauer Hall, CB# 7450, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7450, USA
Atlas Oral Maxillofac Surg Clin North Am 10:131-48. 2002
- Working area and angle of attack in three cranial base approaches: pterional, orbitozygomatic, and maxillary extension of the orbitozygomatic approach
L Fernando Gonzalez
Division of Neurological Surgery, Barrow Neurological Institute, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona 85013-4496, USA
Neurosurgery 50:550-5; discussion 555-7. 2002
..Extending the orbitozygomatic approach into the maxillary region also improves the exposure area and angle, but less significantly...
- [3-dimensional cephalometry in orthodontics. The current possibilities of Cepha 3DT software]
Orthod Fr 73:19-37. 2002
..Clinical applications illustrate the theoretical presentation...
- Role of the zygomaticofacial foramen in the orbitozygomatic craniotomy: anatomic report
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
Neurosurgery 53:168-72; discussion 172-3. 2003
..of the lateral orbital rim and zygomatic arch during an orbitozygomatic craniotomy requires a bone cut across the zygoma, which commonly extends into the lateral edge of the inferior orbital fissure...
- Quadruple zygomatic implant support for retreatment of resorbed iliac crest bone graft transplant
Thomas J Balshi
Institute for Facial Esthetics, Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, USA
Implant Dent 12:47-53. 2003
..CONCLUSION: A logical treatment solution is four zygomatic implants for the atrophic maxilla, especially because the previous iliac crest bone graft had resorbed...
- Microanatomy and surgical approaches to the infratemporal fossa: an anaglyphic three-dimensional stereoscopic printing study
Gustavo Rassier Isolan
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas
Skull Base 17:285-302. 2007
..Objective: The infratemporal fossa (ITF) is a continuation of the temporal fossa between the internal surface of the zygoma and the external surface of the temporal bone and greater wing of the sphenoid bone that is sitting deep to the ..
- Three-dimensional endoscopic midface enhancement: a personal quest for the ideal cheek rejuvenation
Oscar M Ramirez
Plastic Surgery Division of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:329-40; discussion 341-9. 2002
..The subperiosteal dissection of the zygoma and maxilla is completed with the medial extension of the dissection just medial to the infraorbital nerve...
- A new fossil mustelid from the Miocene of South Dakota, USA
Jong Deock Lim
School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, Seoul National University, South Korea
Naturwissenschaften 89:270-4. 2002
..primus; mandible deep with two mental foramina located below p2 and p3; masseteric fossa enlarged; m2 longer than wide; m1 with a broadly basined talonid; p3 and p4 with prominent cingula...
- Teratological studies on craniofacial malformations
Department of Pedodontics, Goteborg University, Sweden
Swed Dent J Suppl 121:3-84. 1997
..Defective formation of Meckel's cartilage and the cartilaginous skull base, the zygoma and the middle ear ossicles were prominent features of the observed malformations...
- In vivo function of the craniofacial haft: the interorbital "pillar"
C F Ross
Anatomical Sciences, Health Sciences Center, SUNY at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8081, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol 116:108-39. 2001
..regime, all taxa showed low strain magnitudes in the medial orbital wall relative to the anterior root of the zygoma and the mandibular corpus...
- Aneurysmal bone cysts of the head and neck in pediatric patients: a case series
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 72:977-83. 2008
..To characterize aneurysmal bone cysts (ABCs) of the head and neck as seen at a tertiary care center...
- Personal experiences and algorithm of endoscopically assisted subperiosteal face lift in orientals for 5 years
I G Kim
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Plast Reconstr Surg 108:1768-79; discussion 1780-1. 2001
..and are characterized by a thick dermis, a Mongoloid slant of the palpebral fissure, a relatively prominent zygoma and mandible angle, and a relatively flat nose...
- [Secondary reconstruction of posttraumatic orbital deformities with canthus dislocation]
Department of Plastic Surgery, General Hospital of Guangzhou Military Command, Guangzhou Guangdong 510010, PR China
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 22:1205-8. 2008
..To explore the secondary surgical reconstruction for orbital bone deformities accompanied with canthus dislocation after trauma...
- Characterization of craniomaxillofacial battle injuries sustained by United States service members in the current conflicts of Iraq and Afghanistan
Timothy A Lew
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Brooke Army Medical Center, US Army Institute of Surgical Research, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:3-7. 2010
..To characterize and describe the craniomaxillofacial (CMF) battlefield injuries sustained by US Service Members in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom...
- Midface distraction following Le Fort III and monobloc osteotomies: problems and solutions
Arun K Gosain
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 109:1797-808. 2002
..In these patients, severe developmental hypoplasia may be associated with weak union between the zygoma and the maxilla, increasing the chance of zygomaticomaxillary dysjunction when using internal devices that ..
- Ectopic bone formation as a complication of surgical rehabilitation in patients with Moebius' syndrome
Institute of Pathology, Friedrich Schiller University, 07740 Jena, Germany
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 35:252-7. 2007
..That patient suffering from Moebius syndrome (MS) is presented. Reviewing the literature concerning MS, Hox genes and bone morphogenetic protein dysregulation, a pathogenesis of ossification in MS is suggested...
- Mountainbiking--a dangerous sport: comparison with bicycling on oral and maxillofacial trauma
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Innsbruck, Austria
Int J Oral Maxillofac Surg 28:188-91. 1999
..5% facial bone fractures and 14% soft tissue lesions. The dominant fracture site in bicyclists was the zygoma (30.8%), whereas mountainbikers sustained an impressive 15.2% LeFort I, II and III fractures...
- A novel oculo-oto-facial dysplasia in a Native Alaskan community with autosomal recessive inheritance
Anne V Hing
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Am J Med Genet A 140:804-12. 2006
..Cranial imaging studies demonstrate relative prominence of the zygoma, inferior orbital maxillary hypoplasia, and lateral orbital wall defects with an accessory superior bony ..
- Free flap transfer for closure and interposition-arthroplasty in noma defects of the lateral face associated with bony ankylosis
Goetz A Giessler
Department for Hand, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Burn Center, BG Trauma Center Ludwigshafen, Plastic and Hand Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
J Craniofac Surg 15:766-72; discussion 773. 2004
..and training of re-established jaw function by the use of a dynamic external distractor fixed between the zygoma and the mandibular body...
- Neurovascularized free short head of the biceps femoris muscle transfer for one-stage reanimation of facial paralysis
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery of Toho University Sakura Hospital, Sakura City, Chiba, Japan
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:394-405. 2005
..attached to the short head, provides "anchor/suture-bearing" tissue, allowing reliable fixations to the zygoma and the upper and lower lips to be achieved...
- The superficial temporal artery trunk as a donor vessel in cerebral revascularization: benefits and pitfalls
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Illinois at Chicago, Illinois 60612 5970, USA
Neurosurg Focus 24:E7. 2008
..In this report the authors describe the use of the STA trunk at the level of the zygoma as an alternative donor and highlight the benefits and pitfalls of this revascularization option.
- The phenetic affinities of Rungwecebus kipunji
Department of Anatomy, Midwestern University, 555 31st Street, Downers Grove, IL 60515, USA
J Hum Evol 56:25-42. 2009
..Based upon these results, Rungwecebus appears to be a valid and useful nomen that accurately reflects the morphological diversity of African papionins...
- Experimental evaluation of relapse-risks in operated zygoma fractures
Department of Otolaryngology, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Auris Nasus Larynx 36:168-75. 2009
Prevention of relapse, or postoperative dislocation, of the fixed zygoma is necessary to achieve optimal results in the treatment of zygoma fractures...
- Jaw fractures in Enugu, Nigeria, 1985-95
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 37:106-9. 1999
..The symphysis-body-angle and the condylar region were the most common sites of fracture of the mandible, while the zygoma was the area most often affected in the middle third of the face...
- Squamozygomatic mastoiditis
Patricia de Pinho Marques Araujo
Federal University of Rio de Janeiro UFRJ
Braz J Otorhinolaryngol 74:617-20. 2008
..because of an inflammatory process spread to the zygommatic apophysis, when mastoid pneumatization reaches the zygoma or the squamous portion of the temporal bone...
- Applications of the endoscope in facial fracture management
Semin Plast Surg 22:29-36. 2008
..Treatment of complex zygoma and LeFort III fracture cases may be facilitated by repairing the zygomatic arch through remote stab incisions, ..
- Use of the preseptal transconjunctival approach in orbit reconstruction surgery
Clinic of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Medical School, University of Vienna, Austria
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 59:287-91; discussion 291-2. 2001
..This report evaluated the advantages of the preseptal transconjunctival approach in reconstruction of the orbit...
- Measurement of the maxilla and zygoma as an aid in installing zygomatic implants
Saga Medical School, Nabeshima, Saga, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 59:1193-8. 2001
..This study used maxillary and zygomatic measurements to obtain information for installing zygomatic implants...
- Complications after zygoma fracture fixation: is there a difference between biodegradable materials and how do they compare with titanium osteosynthesis?
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University Hospital of Cranio Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 101:419-25. 2006
..Different systems are commercially available. The aim of this study was to compare the clinical outcome of zygomatic fracture fixation using 3 biodegradable systems and a titanium osteosynthesis system...
- [Fractured zygoma: a review of 356 cases]
Service de chirurgie maxillofaciale et plastique, CHU Charles Nicolle, Boulevard du 9 Avril 1938, 1006 Tunis, Tunisie
Ann Chir Plast Esthet 53:495-503. 2008
..The purpose of this paper is to provide a review, based on collected data, on the topic of "fractured zygoma"...
- ["Die grosse Barb" in the museum of the University of Marburg. An early documentation of acromegaly]
Klinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie, Universitätsklinikum Giessen und Marburg Standort Marburg, Deutschhausstrasse 9, 35033, Marburg
Hautarzt 60:502-4. 2009
..the eyelids, growth of bones and cartilages, lengthening of the nose, enlargement of the ears, protrusion of the zygoma, mandible and the chin...
- Rhabdomyosarcoma of the head and neck in children
Department of Pathology, MC1 2261, Texas Children s Hospital, 6621 Fannin Street, Houston 77030 2399, USA
Oral Oncol 38:450-9. 2002
..The purpose of this study was to determine the rhabdomyosarcoma types involving the head and neck (H&N) region in children and their immunophenotype...
- Occurrence of mandibulofacial injuries presenting to the otorhinolaryngology and head & neck surgery department
Department and Research Center for Otorhinolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery, Hazrat e Rasoul Akram Hospital, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Craniofac Surg 18:833-7. 2007
..Motor vehicle accidents were the most common causes of trauma (42%). The most common fracture was in the zygoma (43%) with 8.3% of them being orbital injury. Fractures of mandibular bones (36...
- Skeletal anchorage in orthodontics--basics and clinical application
Department of Orthodontics, Johannes Gutenberg University Hospital, Mainz, Germany
J Orofac Orthop 68:443-61. 2007
..devices currently available are: prosthetic implants, mini screws, palatal implants, onplants, bone anchors, zygoma wires and skeletally-supported distractors...
- Superficial temporal artery among Kenyans: pattern of branching and its relation to pericranial structures
Department of Human Anatomy, University of Nairobi, Kenya
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 69:51-3. 2010
..measurements were taken from the branching point to the lateral canthus, tragus, and midpoint of the arch of the zygoma. Classical bifurcation into a parietal and a frontal branch was seen in 16 (53.3%) cases...
- The need for radio-opaque side markers on CT of the paranasal sinuses
Department of ENT, Great Western Hospital, Wiltshire, Swindon, UK
Clin Radiol 58:808-10. 2003
- The relationship between facial fractures and death from neurologic injury
B R Plaisier
MetroHealth Medical Center, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 58:708-12; discussion 712-3. 2000
..The purpose of this study was to review patients who failed to survive blunt trauma and to determine whether there is a relationship between specific facial fracture patterns and death...
- [Management of zygomatic fractures via a transconjunctival approach with lateral canthotomy while preserving the lateral ligament]
Klinik fur Mund, Kiefer und Plastische Gesichtschirurgie, Knappschaftskrankenhaus Bochum Langendreer, Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Bochum
Mund Kiefer Gesichtschir 8:296-301. 2004
..The results are compared with those of previous techniques, especially the subciliary incision...