- 3D kinematic analysis of the acromioclavicular joint during arm abduction using vertically open MRI
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita 565 0871, Osaka, Japan
J Orthop Res 24:1823-31. 2006
..3D surface models of the clavicle and scapula were created, and the movements of the acromioclavicular joint from 0 degrees to each position were ..
- A symptomatic coracoclavicular joint
T F S Cheung
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The University Medical Centre Groningen, P O Box 30001, NL 9700RB, Groningen, The Netherlands
J Bone Joint Surg Br 88:1519-20. 2006
- Nonoperative treatment compared with plate fixation of displaced midshaft clavicular fractures
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:1866; author reply 1866-7. 2007
- Treatment of acute midshaft clavicle fractures: systematic review of 2144 fractures: on behalf of the Evidence-Based Orthopaedic Trauma Working Group
University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55101, USA
J Orthop Trauma 19:504-7. 2005
BACKGROUND: Fractures of the clavicle were reported to represent 2.6% of all fractures with an overall incidence of 64 per 100,000 per year (1987, Malmö, Sweden)...
- Elastic stable intramedullary nailing versus nonoperative treatment of displaced midshaft clavicular fractures-a randomized, controlled, clinical trial
From the Department of Trauma Surgery and Sports Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Orthop Trauma 23:106-12. 2009
..To compare elastic stable intramedullary nailing (ESIN) with nonoperative treatment of fully displaced midshaft clavicular fractures in adults...
- A three-dimensional reconstruction plate for displaced midshaft fractures of the clavicle
J W Shen
Department of Orthopaedic and Traumatic Surgery Zhejiang Province TCM Hospital, Hangzhou 310006, Zheijiang Province, People s Republic of China
J Bone Joint Surg Br 90:1495-8. 2008
This randomised study compared outcomes in patients with displaced fractures of the clavicle treated by open reduction and fixation by a reconstruction plate which was placed either superiorly or three-dimensionally...
- Epidemiology of clavicle fractures
Orthopaedic Department, University of Rome La Sapienza, via Tacito 74, 00193 Rome, Italy
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 11:452-6. 2002
An epidemiologic study of 535 isolated clavicle fractures treated in a hospital of a large metropolis during an 11-year period was performed...
- Shaft fractures of the clavicle: current concepts
Department of Trauma Surgery and Sports Medicine, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 129:807-15. 2009
Fractures of the clavicle are common and have been typically addressed to nonoperative treatment...
- Locked intramedullary fixation vs plating for displaced and shortened mid-shaft clavicle fractures: a randomized clinical trial
Nicholas A Ferran
Department of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery, Lincoln County Hospital, Lincoln, UK
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 19:783-9. 2010
Recent literature supports surgical intervention for shortened, displaced, mid-shaft clavicle fractures...
- [Current treatment concepts for mid-shaft fractures of the clavicle - results of a prospective multicentre study]
Klinik für Unfall, Wiederherstellungs und Plastische Chirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Leipzig
Z Orthop Unfall 149:68-76. 2011
..Pain level, cosmetic result, shoulder function and complication rate were documented as well as the influence of the profession on the therapeutic strategy and duration of unfitness for work...
- Plate fixation of middle-third fractures of the clavicle in the semi-professional athlete
University Hospital of Antwerp, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Edegem, Belgium
Acta Orthop Belg 71:17-21. 2005
..bike racers, soccer players, swimmers and cyclists) with a displaced fracture of the middle-third of the clavicle were treated operatively using rigid plate fixation within one week after the initial trauma...
- The aetiology and epidemiology of clavicular fractures. A prospective study during a two-year period in Uppsala, Sweden
Department of Orthopaedics, Uppsala University Hospital, SE 751 85, Uppsala, Sweden
Injury 31:353-8. 2000
..about three of four fractures occurring through the middle part and one of four through the acromial part of the clavicle. Ninety-five percent healed uneventfully, while non-union developed in 5% - evenly distributed between the middle ..
- Deficits following nonoperative treatment of displaced midshaft clavicular fractures
Michael D McKee
Division of Orthopaedics, Department of Surgery, St Michael s Hospital and the University of Toronto, 55 Queen Street East, Suite 800, Toronto, ON M5C 1R6, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 88:35-40. 2006
..and surgeon-based outcomes, we used a patient-based outcome questionnaire and objective muscle-strength testing to evaluate a series of patients who had received nonoperative care for a displaced midshaft fracture of the clavicle.
- Surgical treatment of unstable fractures of the distal clavicle: a comparative study of Kirschner wire and clavicular hook plate fixation
Oulu University Hospital, Department of Surgery, Finland
Acta Orthop Scand 73:50-3. 2002
During 1988-1999 39 unstable fractures of the distal clavicle (Neer 2) were operated on in Oulu University Hospital. Kirschner wire (K-wire) fixation was used in 22 cases and a clavicular hook plate in 17...
- Subacromial morphometric assessment of the clavicle hook plate
Amr W ElMaraghy
St Joseph s Health Centre, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Injury 41:613-9. 2010
b>Clavicle hook plates are an effective plate fixation alternative for distal clavicle fractures and severe acromioclavicular joint dislocations...
- Operative treatment of completely displaced clavicle shaft fractures in children
Charles T Mehlman
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 29:851-5. 2009
Fractures of the shaft of the clavicle are common in both adults and children. Recent adult studies have indicated that improved outcomes are achieved after open reduction and internal fixation...
- [Treatment of mid-clavicular fractures in adults. Early results after rucksack bandage or elastic stable intramedullary nailing]
Klinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Universitat Koln
Unfallchirurg 108:707-14. 2005
..The aim of this prospective study was to compare the results achieved in two groups of patients treated for mid-clavicular fracture...
- Management of paediatric clavicle fractures--is follow-up necessary? An audit of 346 cases
J D F Calder
Department of Orthopaedics, Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath, Sussex, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 84:331-3. 2002
We investigated the incidence of complications following childhood clavicle fractures and the necessity for follow-up in fracture clinic after the first orthopaedic consultation...
- Operative versus nonoperative treatment of midshaft clavicle fractures in adolescents
Kelly L Vander Have
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 30:307-12. 2010
Midshaft clavicle fractures in adolescents have traditionally been treated nonoperatively...
- Conservative treatment of fractures at the middle third of the clavicle: the relevance of shortening and clinical outcome
Orthopaedic Department, Prince Charles Hospital, Merthyr Tydfil, Wales
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 15:191-4. 2006
Fractures of the clavicle are common and most often occur in the middle third. The clavicle has several important functions, each of which may be affected after fracture and malunion...
- Primary nonoperative treatment of displaced lateral fractures of the clavicle
C Michael Robinson
Shoulder Injury Clinic, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Old Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh EH16 4SU, Scotland, UK
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:778-82. 2004
The optimal management of displaced fractures of the lateral end of the clavicle remains controversial. Successful results have been reported both with primary open reduction and internal fixation and with nonoperative treatment...
- Surgical treatment of midclavicular fractures: a prospective comparison of Knowles pinning and plate fixation
Yih Shiunn Lee
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Lin Shin Hospital, No 36, Section 3, Huizhong Rd, Nanton District, Taichung City 408, Taiwan
Int Orthop 32:541-5. 2008
..2). In conclusion, if the surgery of mid-third clavicular fractures is indicated, fixation with a Knowles pin has more advantages than plate fixation...
- Fractures of the clavicle
L A Kashif Khan
Edinburgh Shoulder Clinic, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Little France, Old Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh EH16 4SU, United Kingdom
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:447-60. 2009
Undisplaced fractures of both the diaphysis and the lateral end of the clavicle have a high rate of union, and the functional outcomes are good after nonoperative treatment...
- Operative treatment of clavicle midshaft fractures: comparison between reconstruction plate and reconstruction locking compression plate
Chul Hyun Cho
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Dongsan Medicial Center, Keimyung University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
Clin Orthop Surg 2:154-9. 2010
To compare the outcomes of reconstruction plate and reconstruction locking compression plate (LCP) for the treatment of clavicle midshaft fractures.
- Operative treatment of midclavicular fractures in 62 elderly patients: knowles pin versus plate
Yih Shiunn Lee
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Taipei City Hospital, Heping Branch, Taipei, Taiwan
Orthopedics 30:959-64. 2007
..02), lower complication rate (P=0.04), and less symptomatic hardware (P=.015). If surgery of mid-third clavicular fractures is indicated, fixation with a Knowles pin has more advantages than plate fixation in elderly patients...
- Comparison of plates versus intramedullary nails for fixation of displaced midshaft clavicular fractures
Hsin Hua Liu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Trauma 69:E82-7. 2010
..We compare the use of plate and screws versus intramedullary nails in the operative management of patients with displaced midclavicular fractures...
- Long-term results of conservative management of midshaft clavicle fracture
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, Rome, Italy
Int Orthop 34:731-6. 2010
A series of 91 patients (59 males, 32 females, mean age 41 years) with middle-shaft clavicle fracture were assessed at a mean of 8.7 years after injury. Based on Allman's classification, fractures were placed in group Ia, Ib and Ic...
- Malunion after midshaft clavicle fractures in adults
Robert J Hillen
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Academic Medical Centre University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
Acta Orthop 81:273-9. 2010
This is an overview of the current literature on malunion after midshaft clavicle fracture. Anatomy, trauma mechanism, classification, incidence, symptoms, prevention, and treatment options are all discussed...
- Management of midshaft clavicle fractures in adults
Patrick J Denard
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Am J Orthop 34:527-36. 2005
Fractures of the clavicle are common injuries. The usual mechanism of clavicle fracture is a direct fall on the shoulder. There are 3 types of clavicle fractures, but type II or midshaft fractures make up the vast majority...
- Is surgery for displaced, midshaft clavicle fractures in adults cost-effective? Results based on a multicenter randomized, controlled trial
Adam M Pearson
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH 03755, USA
J Orthop Trauma 24:426-33. 2010
To determine the cost-effectiveness of open reduction internal fixation (ORIF) of displaced, midshaft clavicle fractures in adults.
- Complications of clavicle fractures treated with intramedullary fixation
Peter J Millett
Steadman Clinic and Steadman Philippon Research Institute, Vail, CO, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 20:86-91. 2011
Recent studies have demonstrated better outcomes with operative fixation of displaced midshaft clavicle fractures. We hypothesize that the risk of major complication with intramedullary fixation for clavicle fractures will be low.
- Plate fixation of fresh displaced midshaft clavicle fractures
W J Shen
Po Cheng Orthopaedic Institute, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Injury 30:497-500. 1999
From 1992-1994, we operated on 251 fresh completely displaced mid-third clavicle fractures in adults; 232 were followed up. The fractures were plated with a Mizuho C-type plate or an AO/ASIF 3.5 mm reconstruction plate...
- Intramedullary nailing of clavicular midshaft fractures with the titanium elastic nail: problems and complications
Department of Trauma Surgery, Davos Hospital, Davos Platz, Switzerland
Am J Sports Med 37:352-9. 2009
..Intramedullary nailing of clavicular midshaft fractures using the titanium elastic nail has been described as a technically easy, minimally invasive operation with few complications and an early return to competitive sports...
- Nonoperative treatment compared with plate fixation of displaced midshaft clavicular fractures. Surgical technique
Sahal A Altamimi
Upper Extremity Reconstructive Service, St Michael s Hospital, 55 Queen Street East, Suite 800, Toronto, ON M5C 1R6, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Am 90:1-8. 2008
..We sought to compare patient-oriented outcome and complication rates following nonoperative treatment and those after plate fixation of displaced midshaft clavicular fractures...
- Acute midshaft clavicular fracture
Kyle J Jeray
Orthopaedic Surgery Education, Greenville Hospital Systems, Greenville, SC 29605, USA
J Am Acad Orthop Surg 15:239-48. 2007
..6% to 5% of all fractures, and middle third fractures account for 69% to 82% of fractures of the clavicle. The junction of the outer and middle third is the thinnest part of the bone and is the only area not protected ..
- Complications of intramedullary Hagie pin fixation for acute midshaft clavicle fractures
Eric J Strauss
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, NY 10003, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 16:280-4. 2007
The purpose of this report was to evaluate patient outcomes after treatment of acute midshaft clavicle fractures with an intramedullary Hagie pin, including clinical results and the incidence of postoperative complications...
- Hook-plate fixation of unstable lateral clavicle fractures: a report on 63 patients
Department of Surgery, Division of Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery, University Hospital Oulu, FI 90029 OYS Finland
Acta Orthop 77:644-9. 2006
Hook-plate fixation of unstable lateral clavicle fractures has given promising results in previous reports, but numbers of patients have been small. We assessed the results of this technique in 63 patients.
- Hook plate fixation for type II fractures of the lateral end of the clavicle
Saadallah George Haidar
City Hospital, Birmingham, UK
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 15:419-23. 2006
Management of type II fractures of the lateral end of the clavicle is controversial. Different treatment options have been advocated with varying results...
- Infection after surgical reconstruction of a clavicle fracture using a reconstruction plate: a report of seven cases
Ping Cheng Liu
Department of Orthopedics, Kaohsiung Municipal Hsiao Kang Hospital, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Kaohsiung J Med Sci 24:45-9. 2008
Mid-shaft clavicle fractures have traditionally been treated conservatively, although this has been associated with non-union and unsatisfactory shoulder function...
- Three-dimensional clavicular and acromioclavicular rotations during arm abduction using vertically open MRI
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hoshigaoka Koseinenkin Hospital, 4 8 1 Hoshigaoka Hirakata City, Osaka 573 8511 Japan
J Orthop Res 25:1243-9. 2007
..The purpose of this study was to analyze the 3D kinematics of the clavicle and acromioclavicular joint during arm abduction, using 3D MR images obtained by a vertically open MRI...
- Fixation of displaced midshaft clavicle fractures in skeletally immature patients
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr Orthop 31:507-11. 2011
There is ongoing debate in the adult literature regarding fixation of displaced, closed midshaft clavicle fractures. Functional outcomes of treatment of these fractures in skeletally immature patients have not been previously investigated.
- Fractures of the distal third of the clavicle treated by hook plating
A D Tambe
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital, Birmingham, UK
Int Orthop 30:7-10. 2006
..function following hook plate fixation in 18 patients with Neer type 2 fractures of the lateral end of the clavicle. The average age was 40 (range 22-62) years, and the mean follow-up was 25 (range 6-48) months...
- Flexible intramedullary nailing for stabilization of displaced midshaft clavicle fractures: technique and results in 87 patients
Department of Surgery Innenstadt, University Hospital of Munich, Munich, Germany
Acta Orthop 78:424-9. 2007
..We describe the surgical technique and outcome in 87 patients...
- Minimally invasive intramedullary nailing of midshaft clavicular fractures using titanium elastic nails
Department of Trauma Surgery, University Hospital of Bonn Medical Center, Bonn, Germany
J Trauma 64:1528-34. 2008
..To date, various implants have been developed for open reduction including intramedullary wires, screws, and plates. This study discusses elastic stable intramedullary nailing of midshaft clavicular fractures...
- Does delay matter? The restoration of objectively measured shoulder strength and patient-oriented outcome after immediate fixation versus delayed reconstruction of displaced midshaft fractures of the clavicle
Jeffrey M Potter
Division of Orthopaedics, St Michael s Hospital and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 16:514-8. 2007
Outcome after surgical treatment for nonunion and malunion of midshaft displaced clavicle fractures has generally been described as favorable and equal to results of acute repair...
- Modified tension band fixation for unstable distal clavicle fractures
Jae Myeung Chun
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan, College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Trauma 70:E88-92. 2011
Optimal surgical treatment of unstable distal clavicle fractures is controversial, and various fixation options are available...
- Minimally invasive treatment for Neer IIb distal clavicle fractures with titanium cable
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kunming General Hospital of the PLA, Kunming, People s Republic of China
J Trauma 71:E37-40. 2011
Neer IIB distal clavicle fracture is associated with disruption of the coracoclavicular ligament and a variable degree of displacement...
- A comparison of nonoperative and operative treatment of type II distal clavicle fractures
Andrew S Rokito
NYU-Hospital for Joint Diseases, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, New York, New York 10003, USA
Bull Hosp Jt Dis 61:32-9. 2002
A retrospective study was performed to compare nonoperative and operative treatments of Type II distal clavicle fractures...
- Acute operative stabilization versus nonoperative management of clavicle fractures
Daniel B Judd
Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI 96859, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 38:341-5. 2009
We conducted a prospective, randomized study to determine if patients with midshaft clavicle fractures would benefit from immediate operative stabilization with a modified Hagie pin in comparison with a matched group treated with ..
- Anterior-inferior plating of middle-third fractures of the clavicle
Chin En Chen
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Golden Hospital, Pingtung, 900, Taiwan, ROC
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 130:507-11. 2010
Various techniques have been reported for the treatment of middle-third clavicle (collar bone) fractures. This prospective study was conducted to evaluate the results of anterior-inferior plating using a 3...
- Operative versus nonoperative management of displaced midshaft clavicle fractures: a prospective cohort study
Command Hospital Air Force, Air port Road, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
J Orthop Trauma 25:31-8. 2011
To compare results of primary internal fixation of acute displaced midshaft clavicle fractures with those managed nonoperatively in terms of fracture union and functional outcome.
- Clavicular fracture in a collegiate football player: a case report of rapid return to play
Sarah B Rabe
University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
J Athl Train 46:107-11. 2011
..To present the case of surgical treatment and rehabilitation of a midshaft clavicular fracture in a National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I football athlete...
- Fracture and retrosternal dislocation of the medial clavicle in a 12-year-old child--case report, options for diagnosis, and treatment in children
Department of Trauma, Hand, and Reconstructive Surgery, Hospital of the J.W. Goethe-University, 60590 Frankfurt/Main, Germany
J Pediatr Surg 40:e1-3. 2005
..In addition, sutures circumvent the need for a second operation for metal removal...
- Pycnodysostosis associated with bilateral congenital pseudarthrosis of the clavicle
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Firat University Hospital, 23200 Elazig, Turkey
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 123:125-7. 2003
..the case of a 22-year-old woman with pycnodysostosis associated with bilateral congenital pseudarthrosis of the clavicle. The patient was first seen at the age of 19 years and had no symptoms during the 3-year follow-up period...
- Free vascularized corticoperiosteal bone graft for the treatment of persistent nonunion of the clavicle
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 14:264-8. 2005
Radiation-induced necrosis or infection can result in a persistent nonunion of the clavicle. We describe 3 cases in which a free vascularized corticoperiosteal flap was harvested from the medial aspect of the femoral condyle and ..
- Pedicled vascularized rib transfer for reconstruction of clavicle nonunions with bony defects: anatomical and biomechanical considerations
Clement M L Werner
Department of Orthopedic and Reconstructive Surgery, Balgrist, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Plast Reconstr Surg 120:173-80. 2007
..Reconstruction using vascularized bone graft is the accepted standard in cases of large osseous defects...
- Healing and graft-site morbidity rates for midshaft clavicle nonunions treated with open reduction and internal fixation augmented with iliac crest aspiration
Robert Z Tashjian
Department of Orthopaedics, University of Utah School of Medicine, University of Utah Orthopaedic Center, Salt Lake City, UT 84108, USA
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 38:133-6. 2009
We conducted a study of the healing and graft-site morbidity rates for midshaft clavicle nonunions treated with open reduction and internal fixation (ORIF) augmented with iliac crest aspiration...
- A rare muscle anomaly: the supraclavicularis proprius muscle
N E Ottone
Dissection Team Dr V H Bertone, Second Chair of Anatomy, School of Medicine, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 68:55-7. 2009
..We described this rare muscular anomaly, the likelihood of finding this muscle, and its participation in supraclavicular nerve entrapment syndrome...
- Study of variant anatomical structures (bony canals, fibrous bands, and muscles) in relation to potential supraclavicular nerve entrapment
Department of Anatomy, Histology and Embryology, Medical University Sofia, ul Zdrave 2, Sofia, Bulgaria
Clin Anat 20:278-85. 2007
..the nerve injury has been attributed to the location of the supraclavicular nerve branch in a narrow canal in the clavicle. However, in the anatomical literature, variations in the course of the supraclavicular nerves have not only been ..
- Anomaly of the supraclavicular nerve: case report and review of the literature
R Shane Tubbs
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Clin Anat 19:599-601. 2006
We report a male cadaver found to have his right intermediate branch of the supraclavicular nerve piercing the clavicle. No other anomalies were found in this specimen...
- Acute management of clavicle fractures. A long term functional outcome study
1st Orthopaedic Department of Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Acta Orthop Belg 74:303-7. 2008
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the long-term results after acute treatment of clavicle fractures. We reviewed 139 patients with an average age of 39...
- Biomechanical analysis of fixation of middle third fractures of the clavicle
Darren S Drosdowech
Bioengineering Research Lab, Hand and Upper Limb Centre, St Joseph s Health Care, 268 Grosvenor Street, London, Ontario, Canada
J Orthop Trauma 25:39-43. 2011
..This biomechanical study compares four different techniques of fixation of middle third clavicular fractures...
- Biomechanical comparison of contemporary clavicle fixation devices
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32607, USA
J Hand Surg Am 35:639-44. 2010
Because recent studies have shown that malunited or nonunited clavicle fractures treated nonsurgically have poor outcomes, early fixation of certain clavicle shaft fractures using contemporary implants has become more common...
- Morphometric study of the shoulder and subclavicular innervation by the intermediate and lateral branches of supraclavicular nerves
Rouen University Hospital, Laboratory of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, University of Rouen, 22 Boulevard Gambetta, Rouen, France
Surg Radiol Anat 29:605-10. 2007
..The goal of this work was to clarify the morphometric knowledge of these two branches and to discuss the clinical relevance of the anatomical features...
- Failure of acromioclavicular reconstruction using Gore-Tex graft due to aseptic foreign-body reaction and clavicle osteolysis: a case report
Andrew M Stewart
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 13:558-61. 2004
- Can we predict long-term sequelae after fractures of the clavicle based on initial findings? A prospective study with nine to ten years of follow-up
Shoulder Service, Department of Orthopaedics, Uppsala University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 13:479-86. 2004
..During 1989 through 1991, 245 patients aged 15 years or older with a radiographically verified fracture of the clavicle were included. Clinical and radiographic examinations were standardized...
- Midshaft clavicle fractures in adults
Charles F Preston
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases, 301 East 17th Street, New York, NY 10003, USA
Bull NYU Hosp Jt Dis 67:52-7. 2009
b>Clavicle fractures remain one of the more common fractures encountered in the orthopaedic office. Nonoperative management remains the standard of care in most cases...
- Clavicle fractures
Boston University, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
Am Fam Physician 77:65-70. 2008
b>Clavicle fractures are most common in children and young adults, typically occurring in persons younger than 25 years...
- Nonunion of the clavicle treated with plate fixation: a review of forty-seven consecutive cases
Donald P Endrizzi
Orthopaedic Associates of Portland, Maine Medical Center, Portland, ME 04102, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 17:951-3. 2008
..We believe that superiorly applied plate fixation is effective for the treatment of clavicular nonunion. Distant autogenous bone graft is not necessary in most cases to obtain union...
- Treatment of midshaft clavicular delayed and non-unions with anteroinferior locking compression plating
Sjoerd A Stufkens
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Academic Medical Center, PO Box 22660, 1100 DD, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Arch Orthop Trauma Surg 130:159-64. 2010
Pain and impaired shoulder function are the predominant symptoms of midshaft clavicle non-unions. Obtaining consolidation and improvement of shoulder function is often successfully achieved with osteosynthesis and bone grafting...
- [Midshaft clavicle fractures--classification and therapy. Results of a survey at German trauma departments]
Klinikum der Universitat Munchen, Chirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik Grosshadern, Marchioninistr 15, 81377, Munchen
Unfallchirurg 111:387-94. 2008
The therapy of the midshaft clavicle fracture, in particular dislocated midshaft fractures, remains controversial. Therefore the objective of this study was to obtain data about the current treatment for midshaft clavicle fractures.
- Compression of the common carotid artery following clavicle fracture in a twelve-year-old
Department ofAnaesthesia, Princess Margaret Hospital for Children, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Anaesth Intensive Care 38:759-60. 2010
Posterior dislocation of the clavicle in the sternoclavicular joint is rare, but can result in severe complications caused by secondary damage to the adjacent structures on relocation...
- Short malunions of the clavicle: an anatomic and functional study
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Medical Centre, Perth WA 6009 Australia
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 14:349-54. 2005
The anatomic and functional effects of clavicle malunion, defined as 15 mm of shortening, were evaluated in 10 subjects. Bilateral shoulder computed tomography with 3-dimensional reconstructions was performed...
- Studies on the time frame for ossification of the medial clavicular epiphyseal cartilage in conventional radiography
Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Universitätsklinikum Charité der Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Hannoversche Strasse 6, 10015 Berlin, Germany
Int J Legal Med 118:5-8. 2004
..Of these X-rays 699 permitted an assessment of ossification of at least 1 side of the clavicle. In addition to the customary stages (1: non-ossified epiphysis, 2: discernible ossification centre, 3: partial ..
- Brachial plexus palsy after intramedullary fixation of a clavicular fracture. A report of three cases
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Yawkee Center, Suite 2100, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 87:1834-7. 2005
- Displaced comminuted midshaft clavicle fractures: use of Mennen plate fixation system
Department of Orthopaedics and Traumatology, Ospedale dei Pellegrini, Napoli, Italy
J Trauma 63:951-4. 2007
..However, it is often difficult stabilizing small fragments, and there are several complications. The aim of this study was to assess an alternative technique using a Mennen plate...
- The Omo I hominin clavicle: archaic or modern?
Jean Luc Voisin
USM 103 and UMR 5198 du CNRS, Institut de Paleontologie Humaine, 1 rue René Panhard, 75013 Paris, France
J Hum Evol 55:438-43. 2008
..the three dimensional shape into cranial and dorsal primary curvatures has shown that two morphological groups of clavicle exist within the genus Homo...
- Preliminary analysis of Nacholapithecus scapula and clavicle from Nachola, Kenya
Département d Histoire de la Terre du Muséum National d Histoire Naturelle, UMR 5143 et PICS 1048, CNRS, 8, rue Buffon, 75005 Paris, France
Primates 45:97-104. 2004
..from rather complete skeletons; some of them preserve the shoulder joint, identified by three scapulae and one clavicle. Comparisons made with other Miocene and living apes ( Proconsul, Equatorius, Ugandapithecus) suggest that the ..
- Correlation of age and ossification of the medial clavicular epiphysis using computed tomography
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Head and Neck Diagnostics Section, University Freiburg, Hugstetter Str 55, 79095 Freiburg, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 158:184-9. 2006
The aim of this study was the examination of relationship between the age and the ossification of medial epiphysis of the clavicle referred to CT examination.
- Fractures of the medial end of the clavicle
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 16:49-54. 2007
Much is known regarding the epidemiology of clavicle fractures, particularly those of the middle-third and distal clavicle. Medial clavicle fractures are uncommon, and as a result, there is little information available...
- Biomechanical evaluation of clavicle fracture plating techniques: does a locking plate provide improved stability?
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
J Orthop Trauma 22:241-7. 2008
..5 mm Universal Locking System Contourable Dual Compression Plate (Locked CDCP) in a synthetic midshaft transverse clavicle fracture model.
- The influence of slice thickness on assessment of clavicle ossification in forensic age diagnostics
Institut für Radiologie CCM, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Schumannstrasse 20 21, 10117, Berlin, Germany
Int J Legal Med 120:15-7. 2006
..We therefore conclude that for age estimation purposes, the slice thickness should be 1 mm to ensure maximum accuracy and diagnostic reliability...
- Studies on the time frame for ossification of the medial epiphysis of the clavicle as revealed by CT scans
, , Hannoversche Strasse 6, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Int J Legal Med 119:142-5. 2005
..purposes of this study, the authors reliably determined the ossification status of the medial epiphysis of the clavicle in 556 cases, using the classification of stages by Schmeling et al...
- Anteroinferior plating of midshaft clavicular nonunions
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital for Special Surgery, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Orthop Trauma 16:425-30. 2002
..techniques involving screws and plate generally position the plate on the superior (subcutaneous) surface of the clavicle. To decrease the risk of screw pull-out and prominence of the instrumentation, we currently perform ..
- Fractured clavicle and vascular complications
A K J Mandal
Emerg Med J 21:648. 2004
- Stress fracture of the clavicle associated with sternocostoclavicular hyperostosis
Department of Radiology, Iwate Medical University School of Medicine, 020 8505 Morioka, Japan
Skeletal Radiol 34:424-6. 2005
We report a case of stress fracture of the clavicle associated with sternocostoclavicular hyperostosis. A 60-year-old man sustained a stress fracture of the right clavicle with no history of trauma...
- Anatomy of the clavicle and the intramedullary nailing of midclavicular fractures
Clinic of Trauma, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Cologne, Koln, Germany
Clin Anat 20:48-56. 2007
Intramedullary fixation is used increasingly to treat clavicular fractures. Anatomical variations in the clavicle of relevance to this procedure are analyzed...
- Elastic stable intramedullary nailing of midclavicular fractures in adults: 32 patients followed for 1-5 years
Department of Trauma Surgery, University Hospital of Bonn Medical Center, DE 53105 Bonn, Germany
Acta Orthop 78:421-3. 2007
..Osteosynthesis of clavicular fractures is sometimes indicated. Since plate fixation may lead to complications, we have used elastic stable intramedullary nailing and report our experience of midclavicular fractures in 32 adults...
- Functional outcome of surgical treatment of symptomatic nonunion and malunion of midshaft clavicle fractures
Nottingham Shoulder and Elbow Unit, City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 16:510-3. 2007
Disability caused by nonunited or malunited fracture of the midshaft clavicle is a rare condition that is expressed by local pain or neurovascular impairment...
- Vascular anatomical basis of clavicular non-union
Rouen University Hospital, Laboratory of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, University of Rouen, 22 Boulevard Gambetta, Rouen 76183 1, France
Surg Radiol Anat 30:23-8. 2008
The middle third of the clavicle is commonly involved in any injury and account for 5-10% of all fractures in adults. Although non-unions are rare, their treatment has not been well defined yet...
- Estimating the risk of nonunion following nonoperative treatment of a clavicular fracture
C Michael Robinson
New Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, Little France, Old Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh EH16 4SU, Scotland
J Bone Joint Surg Am 86:1359-65. 2004
Nonunion is a rare complication of a fracture of the clavicle, but its occurrence can compromise shoulder function...
- Treatment of scapula fractures: systematic review of 520 fractures in 22 case series
Evidence-based Orthopaedic Trauma Working Group
J Orthop Trauma 20:230-3. 2006
- [Clavicular hook plate in the treatment of dislocation of acromioclavicular joint and fracture of distal clavicle]
Department of Orthopedics, Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 31:595-8. 2006
..of AO clavicular hook plate in the treatment of dislocation of acromioclavicular joint and fracture of distal clavicle. METHODS: We retrospectively analyzed the clinical data of 39 patients with acromioclavicular joint dislocation ..
- Case reports: concurrent bilateral nontraumatic fractures of the clavicle
Robert H Quinn
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, The University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 447:252-5. 2006
The differential diagnosis of a fractured clavicle includes acute traumatic fracture, stress fracture, pathologic fracture secondary to radiation exposure, neoplasm, infection, or metabolic bone disease, and fracture-like conditions such ..
- Surgical treatment for distal clavicle fracture associated with coracoclavicular ligament rupture using a cannulated screw fixation technique
Cheng Zhe Jin
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Ajou University School of Medicine, Woncheon-dong, Youngtong-ku, Suwon, Korea
J Trauma 60:1358-61. 2006
BACKGROUND: A clavicle fracture is a common traumatic injury. However, the high percentage of distal clavicle fractures associated with a rupture of the coracoclavicular (CC) ligament can result in delayed union or nonunion...
- [Proceedings in shoulder surgery]
, Chirurgische Klinik Innenstadt,
MMW Fortschr Med 150:40-1, 43. 2008
- Extra-articular knowles pin fixation for unstable distal clavicle fractures
Shyu Jye Wang
Departments of Orthopaedics, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
J Trauma 64:1522-7. 2008
Unstable distal clavicle fractures may benefit from surgical treatment. This report described a new method with transacromial extra-articular Knowles pin fixation to treat these unstable fractures...
- Anterior-inferior plate fixation of middle-third fractures and nonunions of the clavicle
Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth and John Peter Smith Orthopedic Residency, Fort Worth, TX, USA
J Orthop Trauma 20:680-6. 2006
Results of surgical treatment for clavicle injuries using standard approaches have shown relatively high complication rates including loss of fixation, persistent nonunion, implant related problems, and the need for subsequent surgeries ..
- [The anatomical precontoured Meves compression plate: surgical treatment of clavicular nonunion]
Lehrstuhl für Orthopädie, Orthopädische Klinik König Ludwig Haus, Brettreichstrasse 11, 97074 Wurzburg
Orthopade 37:457-61. 2008
Pseudarthroses of the clavicle after fractures of the medial third often present with local pain, compromised shoulder function, or neurovascular symptoms...
- [Percutaneous plate osteosynthesis for clavicular fractures. Initial description]
Klinik und Poliklinik für Unfall, Hand und Wiederherstellungschirurgie, Klinikum der Universität zu Köln, Joseph Stelzmann Strasse 9, 50931, Koln
Unfallchirurg 111:43-5. 2008
..minimally invasive solution for type C fractures and as a salvage procedure for failed intramedullary nailing of type A and B fractures is presented here for the first time with a percutaneous application of an LC plate to the clavicle.
- Medial clavicular epiphyseal fracture with ipsilateral acromioclavicular dislocation: a case report of panclavicular fracture dislocation
Allison M Wade
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Missouri, Columbia 65212, USA
J Orthop Trauma 21:418-21. 2007
..Open reduction was indicated because a maintained closed reduction of the AC joint was unsuccessful, and the described treatment maintained a successful reduction...