Genomes and Genes
Summary: Tubular vessels that are involved in the transport of LYMPH and LYMPHOCYTES.
Publications209 found, 100 shown here
- Lymphangiogenesis: Molecular mechanisms and future promiseTuomas Tammela
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Finland
Cell 140:460-76. 2010The growth of lymphatic vessels (lymphangiogenesis) is actively involved in a number of pathological processes including tissue inflammation and tumor dissemination but is insufficient in patients suffering from lymphedema, a ..
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C is required for sprouting of the first lymphatic vessels from embryonic veinsMarika J Karkkainen
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Haartman Institute and Helsinki University Hospital, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, PO Box 63, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Nat Immunol 5:74-80. 2004b>Lymphatic vessels are essential for immune surveillance, tissue fluid homeostasis and fat absorption. Defects in lymphatic vessel formation or function cause lymphedema...
- Kaposi sarcoma herpesvirus-induced cellular reprogramming contributes to the lymphatic endothelial gene expression in Kaposi sarcomaHsei-Wei Wang
Cancer Research UK, Viral Oncology Group, Wolfson Institute for Biomedical Research, Cruciform Building, Gower Street, University College London, London WC1E 6BT, UK
Nat Genet 36:687-93. 2004....
- Development of the zebrafish lymphatic system requires VEGFC signalingAxel M Küchler
Exelixis, Inc, 170 Harbor Way, South San Francisco, California 94083, USA
Curr Biol 16:1244-8. 2006....
- Novel function for blood platelets and podoplanin in developmental separation of blood and lymphatic circulationPavel Uhrin
Department of Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Research, Center for Biomolecular Medicine and Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Blood 115:3997-4005. 2010..Therefore, interaction of endothelial podoplanin of the developing lymph sac with circulating platelets from the cardinal vein is critical for separating the lymphatic from the blood vascular system...
- Lymphatic vascular morphogenesis in development, physiology, and diseaseStefan Schulte-Merker
Hubrecht Institute, Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences, and University Medical Centre, 3584 CT Utrecht, Netherlands
J Cell Biol 193:607-18. 2011..Recently, there has been an increased awareness of the importance of lymphatic vessels in many common pathological conditions, such as tumor cell dissemination and chronic inflammation...
- Sox18 induces development of the lymphatic vasculature in miceMathias Francois
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Nature 456:643-7. 2008..the origins of the lymphatic system in the embryo, and the mechanisms that direct growth of the network of lymphatic vessels, remain unclear...
- Lymphatic reprogramming of blood vascular endothelium by Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirusYoung-Kwon Hong
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Building 149, 13th Street, Charlestown, Massachusetts 02129, USA
Nat Genet 36:683-5. 2004....
- Preformed portals facilitate dendritic cell entry into afferent lymphatic vesselsHolger Pflicke
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Hofschneider Group Leukocyte Migration, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Exp Med 206:2925-35. 2009..rates, leukocyte extravasation from the blood circulation is well investigated, whereas intravasation into lymphatic vessels has hardly been studied...
- Ccbe1 is required for embryonic lymphangiogenesis and venous sproutingBenjamin M Hogan
Hubrecht Institute KNAW and University Medical Centre, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Nat Genet 41:396-8. 2009b>Lymphatic vessels have important roles in fluid homeostasis, fat absorption, inflammation and cancer metastasis and develop in a dynamic process (called lymphangiogenesis) involving budding, migration and proliferation of ..
- Molecular regulation of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesisRalf H Adams
Vascular Development Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 8:464-78. 2007Blood vessels and lymphatic vessels form extensive networks that are essential for the transport of fluids, gases, macromolecules and cells within the large and complex bodies of vertebrates...
- Tbx1 regulates Vegfr3 and is required for lymphatic vessel developmentLi Chen
Program of Cardiovascular Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Cell Biol 189:417-24. 2010..we show that Tbx1 is not required for lymphatic EC differentiation; rather, it is required for the growth and maintenance of lymphatic vessels. Our findings reveal a novel pathway for the development of the lymphatic vessel network.
- Combined blockade of VEGFR-2 and VEGFR-3 inhibits inflammatory lymphangiogenesis in early and middle stagesDon Yuen
Center of Eye Disease and Development, Program in Vision Science, and School of Optometry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:2593-7. 2011..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether there is a time window for therapeutic intervention of corneal LG and whether a combined blockade of VEGFR-2 and VEGFR-3 effectively suppresses early-, middle-, or late-stage LG...
- Zebrafish Tie-2 shares a redundant role with Tie-1 in heart development and regulates vessel integrityEvisa Gjini
Hubrecht Institute KNAW and University Medical Centre, Uppsalalaan 8, 3584 CT Utrecht, The Netherlands
Dis Model Mech 4:57-66. 2011..Our study introduces an additional vertebrate model to study in vivo the function of Tie-2 in development and disease...
- Synchrony of high endothelial venules and lymphatic vessels revealed by immunizationShan Liao
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health and Section of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Immunol 177:3369-79. 2006....
- Induction of lymphatic endothelial cell differentiation in embryoid bodiesRuediger Liersch
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Blood 107:1214-6. 2006..Our results reveal, for the first time, that ES cells can differentiate into lymphatic endothelial cells, and they identify the EB assay as a powerful new tool to dissect the molecular mechanisms that control lymphatic vessel formation...
- Role of synectin in lymphatic development in zebrafish and frogsKarlien Hermans
Vesalius Research Center, Vlaams Iustituut voor Biotechnologie, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Campus Gasthuisberg, Herestraat 49, Leuven, Belgium
Blood 116:3356-66. 2010..These findings reveal a novel role for synectin in lymphatic development...
- Akt/Protein kinase B is required for lymphatic network formation, remodeling, and valve developmentFei Zhou
Laboratory of Vascular and Cancer Biology, MOE Key Laboratory for Model Animal and Disease Study, Model Animal Research Institute, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Am J Pathol 177:2124-33. 2010..There was an uncharacteristic enlargement of collecting lymphatic vessels, and further analysis showed that smooth muscle cell coverage of collecting lymphatic vessels became much ..
- Integrin-alpha9 is required for fibronectin matrix assembly during lymphatic valve morphogenesisEleni Bazigou
Lymphatic Development Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, 44 Lincoln s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PX, UK
Dev Cell 17:175-86. 2009..Our findings reveal an important role for integrin-alpha9 signaling during lymphatic valve morphogenesis and implicate it as a candidate gene for primary lymphedema caused by valve defects...
- Foxc2 is expressed in developing lymphatic vessels and other tissues associated with lymphedema-distichiasis syndromeSusan L Dagenais
Department of Human Genetics, University of Michigan, 4909 Buhl, Box 0618, 1241 E Catherine Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0618, USA
Gene Expr Patterns 4:611-9. 2004....
- FOXC2 controls formation and maturation of lymphatic collecting vessels through cooperation with NFATc1Camilla Norrmen
Molecular Cancer Biology Program, Biomedicum Helsinki, Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Cell Biol 185:439-57. 2009..of the major steps in the maturation of the primary lymphatic capillary plexus into collecting lymphatic vessels during development and show that forkhead transcription factor Foxc2 controls this process...
- Cutting edge: lymphatic vessels, not blood vessels, primarily mediate immune rejections after transplantationTina Dietrich
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Immunol 184:535-9. 2010The purpose of this study was to determine the relative importance of blood vessels (hemangiogenesis) versus lymphatic vessels (lymphangiogenesis) in mediating immunological responses after transplantation...
- Molecular control of lymphatic metastasisMarc G Achen
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Victoria 3050, Melbourne, Australia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1131:225-34. 2008..Both experimental tumor models and human clinicopathologic data indicate that growth of lymphatic vessels (lymphangiogenesis) near solid tumors is often associated with lymph node metastasis...
- An inflammation-induced mechanism for leukocyte transmigration across lymphatic vessel endotheliumLouise A Johnson
Medical Research Council Human Immunology Unit, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, and Institute of Biomedical Research, MRC Centre for Immune Regulation, University of Birmingham Medical School, UK
J Exp Med 203:2763-77. 2006..How such an exit is achieved and how cells transmigrate the distinct endothelium of lymphatic vessels are unknown...
- Induction of cutaneous delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions in VEGF-A transgenic mice results in chronic skin inflammation associated with persistent lymphatic hyperplasiaRainer Kunstfeld
Cutaneous Biology Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Bldg 149, 13th St, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Blood 104:1048-57. 2004..They also indicate that inhibition of VEGF-A bioactivity might be a new approach to anti-inflammatory therapy...
- The lymphatic system in health and diseaseLeah N Cueni
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Lymphat Res Biol 6:109-22. 2008..The discovery of various molecular markers allowing the distinction of blood and lymphatic vessels, together with the availability of a increasing number of in vitro and in vivo models to study various ..
- Critical role of CD11b+ macrophages and VEGF in inflammatory lymphangiogenesis, antigen clearance, and inflammation resolutionRaghu P Kataru
National Research Laboratory of Vascular Biology and Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology KAIST, Guseong Dong, Daejeon, Korea
Blood 113:5650-9. 2009Using a bacterial pathogen-induced acute inflammation model in the skin, we defined the roles of local lymphatic vessels and draining lymph nodes (DLNs) in antigen clearance and inflammation resolution...
- Inhibition of inflammatory lymphangiogenesis by integrin alpha5 blockadeTina Dietrich
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Schwabachanlage 6, Erlangen, Germany
Am J Pathol 171:361-72. 2007..In contrast, the role of integrins in lymphangiogenesis, ie, the outgrowth of new from pre-existing lymphatic vessels, has so far been unclear...
- Coxsackie- and adenovirus receptor (CAR) is expressed in lymphatic vessels in human skin and affects lymphatic endothelial cell function in vitroBenjamin Vigl
Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zurich, Wolfgang Pauli Str 10, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Exp Cell Res 315:336-47. 2009b>Lymphatic vessels play an important role in tissue fluid homeostasis, intestinal fat absorption and immunosurveillance. Furthermore, they are involved in pathologic conditions, such as tumor cell metastasis and chronic inflammation...
- Time course of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis after brief corneal inflammationClaus Cursiefen
Department of Ophthalmology, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Cornea 25:443-7. 2006..To study the time course of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis in the cornea after a short inflammatory insult. This might be helpful for the timing of corneal transplantation in high-risk eyes...
- The lymphatic vasculature: recent progress and paradigmsGuillermo Oliver
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 21:457-83. 2005..This knowledge, in turn, should lead to the development of better diagnostic methods and treatments of lymphatic disorders and tumor metastasis...
- Lymphatic vessel density as prognostic marker in esophageal adenocarcinomaReda S Saad
Department of Pathology, Allegheny General Hospital
Am J Clin Pathol 131:92-8. 2009..Our study showed that angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis have important roles in the progression of esophageal adenocarcinoma...
- Lymphatic vessel assembly is impaired in Aspp1-deficient mouse embryosMasanori Hirashima
The Sakaguchi Laboratory of Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
Dev Biol 316:149-59. 2008..into the embryonic forelimb showed defective lymphatic drainage function and obstruction in collecting lymphatic vessels of Aspp1(-/-) embryos...
- Tumor lymphaticsJonathan Sleeman
University of Heidelberg, Medical Faculty Mannheim, Ludolf Krehl Str 13 17, D 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Semin Cancer Biol 19:285-97. 2009In this article we survey more than three centuries of observation and research into tumor-associated lymphatic vessels, and their role in the metastatic spread of cancer...
- Hypercholesterolemic mice exhibit lymphatic vessel dysfunction and degenerationHwee Ying Lim
Department of Microbiology, Immunology Programme, Yoon Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 28 Medical Drive, Singapore
Am J Pathol 175:1328-37. 2009b>Lymphatic vessels are essential for lipid absorption and transport...
- Claudin-like protein 24 interacts with the VEGFR-2 and VEGFR-3 pathways and regulates lymphatic vessel developmentPipsa Saharinen
Molecular Cancer Biology Program, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki FIN 00014, Finland
Genes Dev 24:875-80. 2010..Targeted disruption of Clp24 in mice led to enlarged lymphatic vessels having an abnormal smooth muscle cell coating...
- Endostatin inhibits tumour lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic metastasis via cell surface nucleolin on lymphangiogenic endothelial cellsWei Zhuo
National Engineering Laboratory for Anti Tumour Protein Therapeutics, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
J Pathol 222:249-60. 2010....
- Role of lymphatic vessels in tumor immunity: passive conduits or active participants?Amanda W Lund
Institute of Bioengineering and Swiss Institute of Experimental Cancer Research, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Mammary Gland Biol Neoplasia 15:341-52. 2010..This review presents emerging evidence that lymphatic vessels are active modulators of immunity, perhaps fine-tuning the response to adjust the balance between peripheral ..
- Current views on the function of the lymphatic vasculature in health and diseaseYingdi Wang
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Genes Dev 24:2115-26. 2010..In this review, we summarize the functional roles of the lymphatic vasculature in health and disease...
- Endothelial cell plasticity: how to become and remain a lymphatic endothelial cellGuillermo Oliver
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 262 Danny Thomas Place, Memphis, TN 38105 3678, USA
Development 137:363-72. 2010....
- Differential distribution of blood and lymphatic vessels in the murine corneaTatiana Ecoiffier
Center for Eye Disease and Development, School of Optometry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:2436-40. 2010..The purpose of this study was to investigate this question and to examine whether and how the distribution patterns change during corneal inflammatory lymphangiogenesis (LG) and hemangiogenesis (HG)...
- A multichamber fluidic device for 3D cultures under interstitial flow with live imaging: development, characterization, and applicationsCarmen Bonvin
Institute of Bioengineering, School of Life Sciences LMBM Station 15, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Lausanne 1015, Switzerland
Biotechnol Bioeng 105:982-91. 2010..Therefore, this device is useful for studies of capillary morphogenesis, cell migration, contractile cells like fibroblasts, and multicellular cultures, all under interstitial flow...
- Regulation of lymphatic-blood vessel separation by endothelial Rac1Gabriela D'Amico
Adhesion and Angiogenesis Laboratory, Institute of Cancer and Cancer Research UK, Bart s and the London Queen Mary s School of Medicine and Dentistry, John Vane Science Centre, Charterhouse Square, London, EC1M 6BQ, UK
Development 136:4043-53. 2009..Our studies identify Rac1 as a crucial part of the migratory machinery required for endothelial cells to separate and form lymphatic vasculature...
- The location of lymphangiogenesis is an independent prognostic factor in rectal cancers with or without preoperative radiotherapyA Holmqvist
Department of Medical Oncology, Institute of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Linkoping University, Sweden
Ann Oncol 21:512-7. 2010....
- Objective assessment of lymphatic and blood vascular invasion in lymph node-negative breast carcinoma: findings from a large case series with long-term follow-upRabab A A Mohammed
Department of Clinical Oncology, University of Nottingham, UK
J Pathol 223:358-65. 2011..VI status should be included routinely in breast cancer staging systems...
- Cellular-level characterization of lymph vessels in live, unlabeled corneas by in vivo confocal microscopyBeatrice Bourghardt Peebo
Department of Ophthalmology, Linkoping University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:830-5. 2010..To determine whether in vivo confocal microscopy (IVCM) of the cornea can be used for the label-free detection and monitoring of lymph vessels in live corneas...
- Lymphatic developmentMatthew G Butler
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 87:222-31. 2009..This review focuses on the mechanisms regulating development of the lymphatic vasculature during embryogenesis...
- Peritumoral lymphatic invasion is associated with regional lymph node metastases in prostate adenocarcinomaAndres A Roma
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Mod Pathol 19:392-8. 2006..b>Lymphatic vessels were detected by immunohistochemical stain using an antibody specific for the lymphatic endothelial cells (..
- Genes tell lymphatics to sprout or notJudah Folkman
Nat Immunol 5:11-2. 2004
- Blockade of transforming growth factor-beta1 accelerates lymphatic regeneration during wound repairTomer Avraham
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
Am J Pathol 177:3202-14. 2010..The use of these strategies may represent a novel means of preventing lymphedema after lymph node resection...
- Platelets play an essential role in separating the blood and lymphatic vasculatures during embryonic angiogenesisLaura Carramolino
Departamento de Biología del Desarrollo Cardiovascular, Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Cardiovasculares, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Madrid, Spain
Circ Res 106:1197-201. 2010..However, the basis for these defects has remained unknown because the mutations characterized affect more than one blood lineage...
- Endothelial cell O-glycan deficiency causes blood/lymphatic misconnections and consequent fatty liver disease in miceJianxin Fu
Cardiovascular Biology Research Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA
J Clin Invest 118:3725-37. 2008..EHC T-syn(-/-) mice exhibited embryonic and neonatal lethality associated with disorganized and blood-filled lymphatic vessels. Bone marrow transplantation and EC C1galt1 transgene rescue demonstrated that lymphangiogenesis ..
- Emilin1 deficiency causes structural and functional defects of lymphatic vasculatureCarla Danussi
Division of Experimental Oncology 2, Department of Molecular Oncology and Translational Research, CRO IRCCS, Aviano, Pordenone, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 28:4026-39. 2008..an elastic microfibril-associated protein, is highly expressed by LECs in vitro and colocalizes with lymphatic vessels in several mouse tissues...
- Profound but dysfunctional lymphangiogenesis via vascular endothelial growth factor ligands from CD11b+ macrophages in advanced ovarian cancerBong Hyun Jeon
National Research Laboratory of Vascular Biology and Biomedical Research Center, Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Cancer Res 68:1100-9. 2008..Here, we identified and characterized peritoneal lymphatic vessels in OVCA mice, a model generated by implantation of human OVCA cells into athymic nude mice...
- Role of lymphangiogenic factors in tumor metastasisYulong He
Molecular/Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, POB 63 (Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Biochim Biophys Acta 1654:3-12. 2004Nearly four centuries after the discovery of lymphatic vessels, the molecular mechanisms underlying their development are beginning to be elucidated...
- Multipotent mesenchymal stem cells acquire a lymphendothelial phenotype and enhance lymphatic regeneration in vivoClaudius Conrad
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Circulation 119:281-9. 2009..We evaluated the potential of human and murine mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) to acquire a lymphatic phenotype in vitro and to enhance lymphatic regeneration in vivo...
- Developmental and pathological lymphangiogenesis: from models to human diseaseHélène Maby-El Hajjami
Division of Experimental Oncology, Centre Pluridisciplinaire d Oncologie, CHUV and University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
Histochem Cell Biol 130:1063-78. 2008..approaches have been instrumental in understanding the major steps controlling growth and remodeling of lymphatic vessels. This review highlights the recent insights and developments in the field of lymphatic vascular biology.
- Neuropilin-2 mediates VEGF-C-induced lymphatic sprouting together with VEGFR3Yunling Xu
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 833, 75005 Paris, France
J Cell Biol 188:115-30. 2010..Thus, interaction between Nrp2 and VEGFR3 mediates proper lymphatic vessel sprouting in response to VEGF-C...
- Lymphangiogenesis: in vitro and in vivo modelsFrançoise Bruyére
Laboratory of Tumor and Developmental Biology, GIGA Cancer, University of Liege, Tour de Pathologie, CHU B23 Sart Tilman, Ave de l Hôpital 3, Liege, Belgium
FASEB J 24:8-21. 2010Lymphangiogenesis, the formation of new lymphatic vessels from preexisting ones, is an important biological process associated with diverse pathologies, such as metastatic dissemination and graft rejection...
- Therapeutic differentiation and maturation of lymphatic vessels after lymph node dissection and transplantationTuomas Tammela
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory, Haartman Institute and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki, PO Box 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Nat Med 13:1458-66. 2007..Here we show, using a newly established mouse model, that collecting lymphatic vessels can be regenerated and fused to lymph node transplants after lymph node removal...
- Lymphatic drainage function and its immunological implications: from dendritic cell homing to vaccine designMelody A Swartz
Institute of Bioengineering, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland
Semin Immunol 20:147-56. 2008....
- D2-40 expression by breast myoepithelium: potential pitfalls in distinguishing intralymphatic carcinoma from in situ carcinomaJoseph T Rabban
Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Hum Pathol 39:175-83. 2008..We recommend that myoepithelial markers be used in conjunction with D2-40 to distinguish solid intralymphatic tumor emboli from solid pattern in situ carcinoma...
- Lymphatic vessel density, microvessel density and lymphangiogenic growth factor expression in colorectal cancerS E Duff
Department of Surgery, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Manchester, UK
Colorectal Dis 9:793-800. 2007..The aim of this study was to quantify LVD and MVD in colorectal cancer, determine the relationship between LVD, MVD and clinicopathological variables and examine the relationship between LVD and tumour expression of VEGF-C and VEGF-D...
- Lymphangiogenesis in development and human diseaseKari Alitalo
Molecular Cancer Biology Laboratory, Ludwig Institute for Cancer, Research, P O B 63 Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 University of Helsinki, Finland
Nature 438:946-53. 2005..b>Lymphatic vessels are also an essential part of the body's immune defence...
- Lymphatic vascular defects promoted by Prox1 haploinsufficiency cause adult-onset obesityNatasha L Harvey
Department of Genetics and Tumor Cell Biology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105 2794, USA
Nat Genet 37:1072-81. 2005..allele of the homeobox gene Prox1 led to adult-onset obesity due to abnormal lymph leakage from mispatterned and ruptured lymphatic vessels. Prox1 heterozygous mice are a new model for adult-onset obesity and lymphatic vascular disease.
- TGF-beta1 is a negative regulator of lymphatic regeneration during wound repairNicholas W Clavin
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H2113-27. 2008..These findings imply that the clinical interventions that diminish TGF-beta1 expression may be useful in promoting more rapid lymphatic regeneration...
- Organ-specific lymphangiectasia, arrested lymphatic sprouting, and maturation defects resulting from gene-targeting of the PI3K regulatory isoforms p85alpha, p55alpha, and p50alphaCarla Mouta-Bellum
Center for Molecular Medicine, Maine Medical Center Research Institute, Scarborough, Maine, USA
Dev Dyn 238:2670-9. 2009..Our data suggest that Pik3r1 isoforms are required for distinct steps of embryonic lymphangiogenesis in different organ microenvironments, whereas they are largely dispensable for hemangiogenesis...
- Intratumoural lymphatics in benign and malignant soft tissue tumoursG Mahendra
Department of Pathology, University of Oxford, Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre, Oxford, OX3 7LD, UK
Virchows Arch 453:457-64. 2008Soft tissue sarcomas do not generally metastasise via lymphatics, and the presence or absence of lymphatic vessels within sarcomas and benign soft tissue tumours is not known...
- Clinical and experimental research of corneal lymphangiogenesis after keratoplastyShiqi Ling
Department of Ophthalmology, Guangzhou Children s Hospital, Guangzhou, PR China
Ophthalmologica 222:308-16. 2008..Blood and lymphatic vessels in human transplanted corneas were identified by LYVE-1 and CD(31) immunohistochemistry, then the ..
- Impact of lymphatic vessels on the heartY Cui
Case Cardiovascular Research Institute and Harrington McLaughlin Heart and Vascular Institute, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, USA
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 58:1-7. 2010This review updates the knowledge in the research field of cardiac lymphatic vessels by collecting both scientific evidence and hypotheses, including cardiac lymphatic vessel anatomy and lymph flow, the mechanism of cardiac lymphatic ..
- The role of the lymphatic circulation in the natural history and expression of cardiovascular diseaseKenta Nakamura
Chief of Consultative Cardiology, Director, Stanford Center for Lymphatic and Venous Disorders, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Int J Cardiol 129:309-17. 2008..Intensive exploration of lymphatic mechanisms of cardiovascular disease is likely to lead to enhanced insights and novel therapeutic approaches...
- Contractile activity of lymphatic vessels is altered in the TNBS model of guinea pig ileitisTheresa F Wu
Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics, Univ. of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive N.W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 291:G566-74. 2006..The present results demonstrate that lymphatic contractile function is altered in TNBS-induced ileitis and suggest a role for prostanoids in the lymphatic dysfunction...
- CCL21 overexpressed on lymphatic vessels drives thymic hyperplasia in myastheniaSonia Berrih-Aknin
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Mixte de Recherche, Institut Paris Sud Cytokines, Hopital Marie Lannelongue, Le Plessis Robinson, France
Ann Neurol 66:521-31. 2009..Our thymic transcriptome study demonstrated increased expression of CCL21, a recruiter of immune cells. Accordingly, we are investigating its implication in MG pathogenesis...
- Lymphatic vessels assessment in feline mammary tumoursGiuseppe Sarli
Department of Veterinary Public Health and Animal Pathology, Bologna, Italy
BMC Cancer 7:7. 2007The lymphatic vessels play a crucial role in a variety of human cancers since tumour cell lymphatic invasion significantly influences prognosis...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-C gene therapy restores lymphatic flow across incision woundsAnne Saaristo
Molecular/Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
FASEB J 18:1707-9. 2004..Our results show that VEGF-C gene expression results in the formation of anastomoses between the lymphatic vessels of the skin flap and the surrounding lymphatic vasculature...
- Spontaneous lymphatic vessel formation and regression in the murine corneaHui Zhang
Center for Eye Disease and Development, Program in Vision Science and School of Optometry, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:334-8. 2011..The differential behaviors between the lymphatic and blood vessels under normal development and inflammation conditions are also compared...
- Prediction of lymphatic invasion by peritumoral lymphatic vessel density in prostate biopsy coresKenji Kuroda
Department of Urology, National Defense Medical College, Tokorozawa, Saitama, Japan
Prostate 68:1057-63. 2008..This study was designed to examine whether lymphangiogenesis in prostate biopsy could predict lymphatic spread in radical prostatectomy specimens...
- Protein tyrosine phosphatase PTPN14 is a regulator of lymphatic function and choanal development in humansAudrey C Au
Department of Genetics and Genomic Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Am J Hum Genet 87:436-44. 2010..These results suggest a unique and conserved role for PTPN14 in the regulation of lymphatic development in mammals and a nonconserved role in choanal development in humans...
- Importance of lymph vessels in gastric cancer: a prognostic indicator in general and a predictor for lymph node metastasis in early stage cancerY Nakamura
Department of Pathology, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama City, Wakayama, 641 8509, Japan
J Clin Pathol 59:77-82. 2006Metastasis to regional lymph nodes (LNs) through lymphatic vessels is common in cancer progression and is an important prognostic factor in many cancers. Recent evidence suggests that tumour lymphangiogenesis promotes lymphatic metastasis.
- Different significance between intratumoral and peritumoral lymphatic vessel density in gastric cancer: a retrospective study of 123 casesXiao lei Wang
Department of Gastroenternology, Institute of Digestive Disease, Tongji Hospital Affiliated to Tongji University, Shanghai 200065, PR China
BMC Cancer 10:299. 2010..The purpose of current study is to investigate the significant difference between intratumoral and peritumoral lymphatic vessel density (LVD) in gastric cancer and their correlations with lymphangiogenetic growth factors...
- Free muscle flap transfer as a lymphatic bridge for upper extremity lymphedemaDale A Classen
Department of Surgery, Division of Plastic Surgery, University of Saskatchewan and Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
J Reconstr Microsurg 21:93-9. 2005..Lymphatic drainage is demonstrated across the free flap by lymphoscintigraphy postoperatively. This is the first case report using a free muscle flap to reestablish lymphatic flow across an area of obstructive limb lymphedema...
- Macrophages define dermal lymphatic vessel calibre during development by regulating lymphatic endothelial cell proliferationEmma J Gordon
Division of Haematology, Centre for Cancer Biology, SA Pathology, Adelaide, 5000, Australia
Development 137:3899-910. 2010..via the ability to transdifferentiate into lymphatic endothelial cells and be incorporated into growing lymphatic vessels; and (2) providing a crucial source of pro-lymphangiogenic growth factors and proteases...
- Visualization of lymphatic vessels by Prox1-promoter directed GFP reporter in a bacterial artificial chromosome-based transgenic mouseInho Choi
Department of Surgery, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Blood 117:362-5. 2011..other Prox1-expressing organs, and enabled us to conveniently visualize detailed structure and morphology of lymphatic vessels and networks throughout development...
- Imaging of lymphatic vessels in breast cancer-related lymphedema: intradermal versus subcutaneous injection of 99mTc-immunoglobulinChandra K Solanki
Cambridge Breast Unit, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, UK
AJR Am J Roentgenol 186:1349-55. 2006..RESULTS: Imaging after intradermal injection clearly showed discrete lymphatic vessels in five of six patients, in contrast to imaging after subcutaneous injection, which did not show any ..
- Novel expression and characterization of lymphatic vessel endothelial hyaluronate receptor 1 (LYVE-1) by conjunctival cellsLu Chen
Laboratory of Immunology, Schepens Eye Research Institute, Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary, Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:4536-40. 2005..RESULTS: The data demonstrate, for the first time, that in addition to its expression on lymphatic vessels, LYVE-1 was expressed on CD45+, CD11b+, and CD31- conjunctival cells, indicating a bone-marrow-derived ..
- Lymphangiogenesis in myocardial remodelling after infarctionY Ishikawa
Department of Pathology, Toho University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Histopathology 51:345-53. 2007..The aim was to investigate by D2-40 immunohistochemistry the sequential changes in lymphatic distribution in the process of myocardial remodelling after myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Effects of Bothrops asper snake venom on lymphatic vessels: insights into a hidden aspect of envenomationJavier Mora
Departamento de Parasitologia, Universidad de Costa Rica, San Jose, Costa Rica
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 2:e318. 2008..Since lymph flow plays a role in the maintenance of tissue fluid balance, the effect of B. asper venom on collecting lymphatic vessels was studied.
- Vascular endothelial growth factor-a promotes peritumoral lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic metastasisMeit A Björndahl
Laboratory of Angiogenesis Research, Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Cancer Res 65:9261-8. 2005..in vivo and that overexpression of VEGF-A in murine T241 fibrosarcomas induced the growth of peritumoral lymphatic vessels, which occasionally penetrated into the tumor tissue...
- [Molecular mechanisms of lymphatic development]Hajime Kubo
Molecular and Cancer Research Unit, HMRO, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Yoshida Konoe-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8501, Japan
Seikagaku 76:1210-6. 2004
- [Advances in lymphangiogenesis and metastasis of tumor]Xiao-Chu Yan
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 34:370-2. 2005
- [Tumor lymphangiogenesis in cervical squamous cell carcinoma and its clinical significance]Jian-Ping Zhang
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Women's Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310006, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 85:1551-4. 2005..Computer-assisted morphometric analysis was used to quantitatively analyze the lymphatic vessels in intratumor and peritumor areas. The association with clinicopathologic data was analyzed...
- VEGF-C induced angiogenesis preferentially occurs at a distance from lymphangiogenesisAndrew V Benest
Microvascular Research Laboratories, Department of Physiology, University of Bristol, BS2 8EJ Bristol, UK
Cardiovasc Res 78:315-23. 2008....
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor-C and the relationship between lymphangiogenesis and lymphatic metastasis in colorectal cancerYi Tao Jia
Department of Oncology, the People s Hospital of Hebei Province, Shijiazhuang 050051, Hebei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:3261-3. 2004..To investigate the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor-C (VEGF-C) and the relationship between VEGF-C and lymphangiogenesis, lymph node metastasis in colorectal cancer...
- Lymphangiogenesis in lymphangioleiomyomatosis: its implication in the progression of lymphangioleiomyomatosisToshio Kumasaka
Department of Pathology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 13 8421, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 28:1007-16. 2004..Our study is likely to provide a novel point of view on the pathophysiologic significance of lymphangiogenesis in LAM...
- Lymphatic vasculature: development, molecular regulation and role in tumor metastasis and inflammationPipsa Saharinen
Molecular/Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Biomedicum Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, University of Helsinki, P.O.B. 63 (Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Trends Immunol 25:387-95. 2004
- Tumor-derived lymphangiogenic factors and lymphatic metastasisYihai Cao
Laboratory of Angiogenesis Research, Department of Microbiology, Tumor, and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Biomed Pharmacother 61:534-9. 2007..Lymphangiogenesis, a complex process of sprouting of new lymphatic vessels, is regulated by multiple direct and indirect growth factors...
- Tumor lymphangiogenesis in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma: a morphometric study with clinical correlationsAlessandro Franchi
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, University of Florence, Italy
Cancer 101:973-8. 2004..In the current study, the authors investigated whether tumor lymphangiogenesis may be related to the risk of lymph node metastasis and to clinical outcome in patients with HNSCC...
- Loss of neural cell adhesion molecule induces tumor metastasis by up-regulating lymphangiogenesisIvana Crnic
Institute of Biochemistry and Genetics, Department of Clinical Biological Sciences, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Cancer Res 64:8630-8. 2004..These results also establish Rip1Tag2;NCAM-deficient mice as a unique model for stochastic, endogenous tumor lymphangiogenesis and lymph node metastasis in immunocompetent mice...
- Lymphatic invasion revealed by multispectral imaging is common in primary melanomas and associates with prognosisXiaowei Xu
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, and the Melanoma Program of the Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Hum Pathol 39:901-9. 2008..Our primary hypotheses were that using immunohistochemical markers of lymphatic vessels and of tumor cells would improve detection of lymphatic invasion and that lymphatic invasion would correlate ..
- High lymphatic vessel density correlates with overexpression of VEGF-C in gastric cancerTakashi Hachisuka
Department of Surgery, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara 634 8522, Japan
Oncol Rep 13:733-7. 2005..Furthermore, high LVD exhibited a significant correlation with VEGF-C expression. Our findings suggest that VEGF-C plays a pivotal role for lymphangiogenesis and tumor growth in gastric cancer...
- Molecular lymphangiogenesis: new playersTuomas Tammela
Molecular/Cancer Biology Laboratory and Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Helsinki University Central Hospital, POB 63 (Haartmaninkatu 8, 00014 University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Trends Cell Biol 15:434-41. 2005..has been known for over a century, but the molecular players involved in lymphangiogenesis--the formation of lymphatic vessels--have remained unknown until recently...
- Bronchial Vascular Proliferation and FunctionElizabeth Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose a conduit role for lung lymphatic vessels, which drain unidirectionally and in proximity to major bronchial arteries...
- Angiopoietins in airway vascular leak and angiogenesisDonald M McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2010This project will examine the diverse actions of angiopoietins on airway blood vessels and lymphatic vessels with the goal of understanding underlying mechanisms of airway inflammation and developing new treatment strategies...
- Differentiation/migratory fate of monocyte-derived cellsGwendalyn J Randolph; Fiscal Year: 2010..their clearance is thought to be emigration from the inflammatory focus to the draining lymph node through lymphatic vessels. This model for the fate of monocyte-derived cells during acute inflammation is, however, based on limited ..
- Corneal Lymphatics & Adaptive ImmunityDANIEL J CARR; Fiscal Year: 2011..More importantly, we have discovered the genesis of lymphatic vessels in the cornea proper in response to HSV-1 infection operates thru a unique pathway distinct from what has ..
- Endogenous Specific Inhibitor of Corneal LymphangiogenesisJayakrishna Ambati; Fiscal Year: 2010Absence of blood and lymphatic vessels in the normal cornea is essential for optical clarity and optimal vision...
- FOXC2 in Hereditary Lymphedema and Lymphatic DevelopmentThomas Glover; Fiscal Year: 2007..Preliminary data indicates that Foxc2+/- mice have highly abnormal lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes analogous to those in patient's with LD...
- Mechanisms of VEGF-A regulated tumor lymphangiogenesisSophia Ran; Fiscal Year: 2007..The prerequisite for this process is generation of new lymphatic vessels accessible to tumor cells. The formation of new lymphatic vessels, i.e...
- FOXC2 in Hereditary Lymphedema and Lymphatic DevelopmentThomas Glover; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary data indicates that Foxc2+/- mice have highly abnormal lymphatic vessels and lymph nodes analogous to those in patient's with LD...
- Cholesterol and Lymphatic Transport of Molecules and CellsMelody A Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, though it is rarely considered, lymphatic vessels are likely to be key participants in cholesterol homeostasis...
- The role of VEGF-C in resisting stress in prostate cancerKaustubh Datta; Fiscal Year: 2010..function of VEGF-C is distinctly different from its known paracrine function of inducing the growth of new lymphatic vessels. We believe that by protecting the prostate cancer cells from stress-induced apoptosis, VEGF-C promotes ..
- Lymphangiogenesis and Angiogenesis in Airway InflammationDonald McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2009..The goal of Aim #1 is to define the abnormalities of lymphatic vessels in chronic airway inflammation, identify the driving factors, and determine the consequences and ..
- LUNG FUNCTION IN PROLONGED HEART FAILUREMarie Francoise Doursout; Fiscal Year: 2004..The high pressure pushes fluid out of the capillaries faster that the lymphatic vessels can drain the fluid from the lungs...
- LUNG FUNCTION IN PROLONGED HEART FAILURERobert Drake; Fiscal Year: 2001..The high pressure pushes fluid out of the capillaries faster that the lymphatic vessels can drain the fluid from the lungs...
- TNF family members for lymph angiogenesis and lymph node hypertrophyYang Xin Fu; Fiscal Year: 2010Rapid development of lymphatic vessels (LV) and high endothelial venules (HEV) in peripheral tissues leads to hypertrophy of draining lymph nodes (LN) during inflammation/vaccination, but the molecular mechanism regulating LN ..
- Role of a9b1 Integrin in lymphangiogenesisNicholas Vlahakis; Fiscal Year: 2007..such as lymphedema are clearly associated with genetic abnormalities of the VEGF control system for the lymphatic vessels. By addressing the Specific Aims of this proposal the poorly understood and appreciated biology of pulmonary ..
- VPF/VEGF IN NORMAL AND NEOPLASTIC SKIN ANGIOGENESISMichael Detmar; Fiscal Year: 2003..b>Lymphatic vessels are the predominant path for the metastatic spread of skin cancers, and we found that VEGF-C, although ..
- Angiopoietins in airway vascular leak and angiogenesisDonald McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2007This project will examine the diverse actions of angiopoietins on airway blood vessels and lymphatic vessels with the goal of understanding underlying mechanisms of airway inflammation and developing new treatment strategies...
- Angiopoietins in airway vascular leak and angiogenesisDonald McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2009This project will examine the diverse actions of angiopoietins on airway blood vessels and lymphatic vessels with the goal of understanding underlying mechanisms of airway inflammation and developing new treatment strategies...
- Endoscopic Detection of Fluorescein for Sentinel Lymph Node BiopsyJames McGreevy; Fiscal Year: 2007..The fluorescence endoscopy instrumentation will be used to define the lymphatic vessels and to find the sentinel lymph node with minimally-invasive surgical techniques...
- Bronchial Angiogenesis in the Ischemic LungAdlah Sukkar; Fiscal Year: 2007..We propose a conduit role for lung lymphatic vessels, which drain unidirectionally and in proximity to major bronchial arteries...
- Physiological Basis of Vascular ContractilityDavid Zawieja; Fiscal Year: 2006Hydrodynamic forces are important intrinsic regulators of contractile function for arterial, venous and lymphatic vessels. All 3 vessel types react to changes in transmural pressure and luminal shear stress, but their responses differ ..
- Bronchial Vascular Proliferation and FunctionElizabeth Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2011..We propose a conduit role for lung lymphatic vessels, which drain unidirectionally and in proximity to major bronchial arteries...
- Short-term mesenteric lymphatic adaptation to trauma-related intestinal edemaEmily Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2010..When interstitial pressure exceeds central venous pressure, lymphatic vessels can act as conduit vessels, passively transporting lymph down a pressure gradient...
- Color-Coded Imaging of Pancreatic Cancer Microenvironment for Drug DiscoveryMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The model utilizes RFP-labeled human pancreatic cancer cells and monoclonal anti-LYVE1 antibody to label lymphatic vessels in order to image lymphatic trafficking of tumor cells...
- Color-Coded Imaging of Pancreatic Cancer Microenvironment for Drug DiscoveryMeng Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The model utilizes RFP-labeled human pancreatic cancer cells and monoclonal anti-LYVE1 antibody to label lymphatic vessels in order to image lymphatic trafficking of tumor cells...
- The Lymphatic System in the Primate corpus LuteumFuhua Xu; Fiscal Year: 2007..1 - To investigate the presence, localization, and dynamics of lymphatic vessels in the primate ovary, specifically in the CL throughout the luteal lifespan of the menstrual cycle...
- VPF/VEGF IN NORMAL AND NEOPLASTIC SKIN ANGIOGENESISMichael Detmar; Fiscal Year: 2007..is to characterize the molecular mechanisms that regulate the generation and function of blood vessels and lymphatic vessels in the skin...
- Fox Transcription Factors in Vascular DevelopmentTsutomu Kume; Fiscal Year: 2009..mechanisms of congenital cardiovascular anomalies, including arteriovenous malformations and abnormal lymphatic vessels. The proposed studies will significantly contribute to a better understanding of the causes of congenital ..
- NF-kB mediated induction of VEGFR-3 and new lymphatic vessels in breast cancerSophia Ran; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to delineate the molecular events that associate tumor inflammation, the formation of new lymphatic vessels and lymphatic metastasis...
- Control of lymphatic vessel growth and development by plateletsMark L Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2010Separation of blood and lymphatic vessels requires the hematopoietic signaling proteins SYK and SLP-76, but how blood cells perform this function is not known...
- US with Submicron Bubbles for Sentinel Node DetectionErik Wisner; Fiscal Year: 2004..Advantages are that nodes and associated afferent lymphatic vessels can be visualized directly and noninvasively in real-time, logistical and radiation safety issues associated ..
- Imaging Lymphatic Clearance in Tumor MetastasisZaver Bhujwalla; Fiscal Year: 2003..endothelial cells now provides an entirely new dimension to identifying and understanding lymphatic flow and lymphatic vessels in cancer metastasis...
- Influences of Lymph Flow on the Lymphatic PumpDavid Zawieja; Fiscal Year: 2007..of the amplitude and frequency of contractions induced by a controlled increase in imposed flow in isolated lymphatic vessels. Others have shown increases in the contraction frequency, reductions in lymphatic diameters and decreases ..