Genomes and Genes
Summary: The clear portion of BLOOD that is left after BLOOD COAGULATION to remove BLOOD CELLS and clotting proteins.
Publications316 found, 100 shown here
- Analysis of circulating microRNA biomarkers in plasma and serum using quantitative reverse transcription-PCR (qRT-PCR)Evan M Kroh
Human Biology Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Methods 50:298-301. 2010..circulate in a stable, cell-free form in the bloodstream and that the abundance of specific miRNAs in plasma or serum can serve as biomarkers of cancer and other diseases...
- Expressing the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease Study equation for estimating glomerular filtration rate with standardized serum creatinine valuesAndrew S Levey
Division of Nephrology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Clin Chem 53:766-72. 2007We sought to reexpress the 4-variable Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) Study equation for estimation of glomerular filtration rate (GFR) using serum creatinine (S(cr)) standardized to reference methods.
- A serum circulating miRNA diagnostic test to identify asymptomatic high-risk individuals with early stage lung cancerFabrizio Bianchi
IFOM, the FIRC Institute for Molecular Oncology Foundation, at the IFOM IEO Campus, Milan, Italy
EMBO Mol Med 3:495-503. 2011..We developed a test, based on the detection of 34 microRNAs (miRNAs) from serum, that could identify patients with early stage non-small cell lung carcinomas (NSCLCs) in a population of ..
- The human serum metabolomeNikolaos Psychogios
Department of Computing Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e16957. 2011..the human metabolome through the Human Metabolome Project, we have undertaken the task of characterizing the human serum metabolome...
- Genome-wide association study identifies multiple loci influencing human serum metabolite levelsJohannes Kettunen
Institute for Molecular Medicine Finland, University of Helsinki, Finland
Nat Genet 44:269-76. 2012..7 million SNPs for a range of 216 serum metabolic phenotypes assessed by NMR of serum samples. We identified significant associations (P < 2...
- Optimization of chemically defined cell culture media--replacing fetal bovine serum in mammalian in vitro methodsJ van der Valk
Fac Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Yalelaan 2, 3584 CM Utrecht, The Netherlands
Toxicol In Vitro 24:1053-63. 2010..This will decrease the dependence on animal serum, a supplement with an undefined and variable composition...
- Expression profile of microRNAs in serum: a fingerprint for esophageal squamous cell carcinomaChunni Zhang
Department of Clinical Laboratory, Jinling Hospital, Clinical School of Medical College, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
Clin Chem 56:1871-9. 2010..The discovery of serum microRNAs (miRNAs) and their unique concentration profiles in patients with various diseases makes them attractive,..
- Differences between human plasma and serum metabolite profilesZhonghao Yu
Research Unit of Molecular Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, Neuherberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e21230. 2011Human plasma and serum are widely used matrices in clinical and biological studies. However, different collecting procedures and the coagulation cascade influence concentrations of both proteins and metabolites in these matrices...
- Human alternatives to fetal bovine serum for the expansion of mesenchymal stromal cells from bone marrowKaren Bieback
Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunology, German Red Cross Blood Service of Baden Württemberg Hessen, Faculty of Clinical Medicine Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Stem Cells 27:2331-41. 2009..For clinical scale manufacturing, human factors from serum or platelets have been suggested as alternatives to fetal bovine serum (FBS)...
- Recommendations for improving serum creatinine measurement: a report from the Laboratory Working Group of the National Kidney Disease Education ProgramGary L Myers
Division of Laboratory Sciences, National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Clin Chem 52:5-18. 2006Reliable serum creatinine measurements in glomerular filtration rate (GFR) estimation are critical to ongoing global public health efforts to increase the diagnosis and treatment of chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Quantitative assessment of human serum high-abundance protein depletionRene Stempfer
Molecular Diagnostics, Life Sciences, Austrian Research Centers GmbH ARC, Seibersdorf, Austria
Electrophoresis 29:4316-23. 2008The aim of this study is to quantify the effectivity of the depletion of human high-abundance serum and plasma proteins for improved protein identification and disease marker candidate discovery and to assess the risk of concomitant ..
- Tumor stem cells derived from glioblastomas cultured in bFGF and EGF more closely mirror the phenotype and genotype of primary tumors than do serum-cultured cell linesJeongwu Lee
Neuro Oncology Branch, National Cancer Institute, National Institute of Neurological Diseases and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 9:391-403. 2006..These findings suggest that TSCs may be a more reliable model than many commonly utilized cancer cell lines for understanding the biology of primary human tumors...
- High-throughput serum NMR metabonomics for cost-effective holistic studies on systemic metabolismPasi Soininen
NMR Metabonomics Laboratory, Laboratory of Chemistry, Department of Biosciences, University of Kuopio, Kuopio, Finland
Analyst 134:1781-5. 2009..two molecular windows that contain the majority of the metabolic information available by 1H NMR from native serum, e.g. serum lipids, lipoprotein subclasses as well as various low-molecular-weight metabolites...
- High immunogenic enterovirus 71 strain and its production using serum-free microcarrier Vero cell cultureChia Chyi Liu
Institute of Biotechnology, Department of Life Science, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Vaccine 25:19-24. 2007..We have previously reported that large-scale preparation of a low immunogenic EV71 strain can be achieved using serum free microcarrier Vero cell culture in a 2-l bioreactor [Wu SC, Liu CC, Lian WC...
- Procedures for large-scale metabolic profiling of serum and plasma using gas chromatography and liquid chromatography coupled to mass spectrometryWarwick B Dunn
Manchester Centre for Integrative Systems Biology, Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Nat Protoc 6:1060-83. 2011..Protocols for serum- and plasma-based metabolic profiling applying gas chromatography-MS (GC-MS) and ultraperformance liquid ..
- Serum metabolomics reveals higher levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids in lepromatous leprosy: potential markers for susceptibility and pathogenesisReem Al-Mubarak
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado, United States of America
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1303. 2011..Various studies have examined lipid metabolism in leprosy, but there has been limited work using whole metabolite profiles to distinguish the clinical forms of leprosy...
- Standardized approach to proteome profiling of human serum based on magnetic bead separation and matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometrySven Baumann
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, University Hospital, Leipzig, Germany
Clin Chem 51:973-80. 2005..The aims of our study were to establish a proteome fractionation technique and to validate a standardized blood sampling, processing, and storage procedure for proteomic pattern analysis...
- Antigen microarrays identify unique serum autoantibody signatures in clinical and pathologic subtypes of multiple sclerosisFrancisco J Quintana
Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18889-94. 2008..We performed antigen microarray analysis to characterize patterns of antibody reactivity in MS serum against a panel of CNS protein and lipid autoantigens and heat shock proteins...
- Strong association between non alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and low 25(OH) vitamin D levels in an adult population with normal serum liver enzymesIlaria Barchetta
Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialties, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
BMC Med 9:85. 2011..Aim of our study was to test the hypothesis of a direct association between hypovitaminosis D and the presence of NAFLD in subjects with various degree of insulin-resistance and related metabolic disorders...
- Class 2 IGF-1 isoforms are dispensable for viability, growth and maintenance of IGF-1 serum levelsL Temmerman
European Molecular Biology Laboratory Mouse Biology Unit, Via Ramarini 32, I 00015 Monterotondo Scalo, Roma, Italy
Growth Horm IGF Res 20:255-63. 2010..not necessary for systemic circulation of IGF-1, revealing an internal compensation system for maintaining IGF-1 serum concentrations...
- Impact of individual platelet lysates on isolation and growth of human mesenchymal stromal cellsPatrick Horn
Department of Medicine V, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Cytotherapy 12:888-98. 2010Culture medium for mesenchymal stromal cells (MSC) is frequently supplemented with fetal calf serum (FCS)...
- Hepatitis C virus replication in transfected and serum-infected cultured human fetal hepatocytesCatherine A Lazaro
Department of Pathology, University of Washington School of Medicine, K078 Health Sciences Building, Box 357705, Seattle, WA 98195 7705, USA
Am J Pathol 170:478-89. 2007..This culture system may be used to study the responses of nontransformed human hepatocytes to HCV infection, to analyze serum infectivity, and to clone novel HCVs from infected patients.
- Human AB serum and thrombin-activated platelet-rich plasma are suitable alternatives to fetal calf serum for the expansion of mesenchymal stem cells from adipose tissueAsli Kocaoemer
Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunology, German Red Cross Blood Service of Baden Württemberg Hessen, Medical Faculty Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Stem Cells 25:1270-8. 2007..However, most isolation and expansion protocols for clinical-scale production of MSCs use fetal calf serum (FCS) as a supplement, which poses a potential risk for infections as well as immunological reactions...
- Serum bilirubin and genes controlling bilirubin concentrations as biomarkers for cardiovascular diseaseJing Ping Lin
Office of Biostatistics Research, Division of Cardiovascular Science, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Clin Chem 56:1535-43. 2010b>Serum bilirubin has been consistently shown to be inversely related to cardiovascular disease (CVD)...
- Factor H-binding protein is important for meningococcal survival in human whole blood and serum and in the presence of the antimicrobial peptide LL-37K L Seib
Molecular Genetics Unit, Novartis Vaccines, Via Fiorentina, 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Infect Immun 77:292-9. 2009..All fHBP null mutant strains analyzed were sensitive to killing in ex vivo human whole blood and serum models of meningococcal bacteremia with respect to the isogenic wild-type strains...
- miRNAs as serum biomarkers for Duchenne muscular dystrophyDavide Cacchiarelli
Department of Biology and Biotechnology, Institute Pasteur Cenci Bolognetti and IBPM, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
EMBO Mol Med 3:258-65. 2011..Despite many different DMD therapeutic approaches are now entering clinical trials, a unifying method for assessing the benefit of different treatments is still lacking...
- Effects of chemical modification on the potency, serum stability, and immunostimulatory properties of short shRNAsQing Ge
SomaGenics, Inc, Santa Cruz, California 95060, USA
RNA 16:118-30. 2010..In this study, the effects of chemical modifications on the potency, serum stability, and innate immune response of sshRNAs were investigated...
- Neuroprotective effects of salidroside in the PC12 cell model exposed to hypoglycemia and serum limitationShu Yu
Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Neuroregeneration, Nantong University, Nantong, JS 226001, People s Republic of China
Cell Mol Neurobiol 28:1067-78. 2008The hypoglycemia and serum limitation-induced cell death in cultured PC12 cells represents a useful in vitro model for the study of brain ischemia and neurodegenerative disorders...
- LC-MS/MS quantification of Zn-alpha2 glycoprotein: a potential serum biomarker for prostate cancerOlga P Bondar
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic and Mayo Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Chem 53:673-8. 2007..We present a high-flow liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) method for measuring serum ZAG concentrations by proteolytic cleavage of the protein and quantification of a unique peptide.
- Association of increased serum IL-33 levels with clinical and laboratory characteristics of systemic lupus erythematosus in Chinese populationZaixing Yang
Department of Laboratory Diagnostics, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Clin Exp Med 11:75-80. 2011..The aim of this study was to examine whether the serum IL-33 level is associated with SLE. A total of 70 patients with SLE were recruited...
- High-mannose glycans on the Fc region of therapeutic IgG antibodies increase serum clearance in humansAndrew M Goetze
Department of Process and Product Development, Amgen Inc, Thousand Oaks, CA 91320, USA
Glycobiology 21:949-59. 2011..The therapeutic IgGs were affinity purified from serum samples from human pharmacokinetic studies, and changes to the glycan profile over time were determined by peptide ..
- Toxicity of amorphous silica nanoparticles on eukaryotic cell model is determined by particle agglomeration and serum protein adsorption effectsDaniela Drescher
BAM Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing, Richard Willstätter Str 11, 12489 Berlin, Germany
Anal Bioanal Chem 400:1367-73. 2011..on XTT viability assay, cytotoxicity is shown to be a function of (1) particle concentration and (2) of fetal calf serum (FCS) content in the cell culture medium...
- Serum microRNA-122 levels in different groups of patients with chronic hepatitis B virus infectionO Waidmann
Medizinische Klinik 1, Schwerpunkt Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, Klinikum der Goethe Universität, Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Viral Hepat 19:e58-65. 2012miR-122 is a liver-specific microRNA, which also circulates in the blood. The levels of miR-122 in serum and plasma correlate with hepatic necroinflammation in patients with hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection...
- A blood-based screening tool for Alzheimer's disease that spans serum and plasma: findings from TARC and ADNISid E O'Bryant
Department of Neurology, F Marie Hall Institute for Rural and Community Health, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Lubbock, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e28092. 2011..There is no rapid and cost effective tool that can be implemented as a front-line screening tool for Alzheimer's disease (AD) at the population level...
- Differential effect of platelet-rich plasma and fetal calf serum on bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stromal cells expanded in vitroAnja Goedecke
University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Department of Haematology, Dresden, Germany
J Tissue Eng Regen Med 5:648-54. 2011..Human platelet-rich plasma has been introduced as an alternative serum source but functional differences have so far not been described...
- Cytokine levels in bronchoalveolar lavage and serum in 3 patients with 2009 Influenza A(H1N1)v severe pneumoniaAngel Estella
Intensive Care Unit, Hospital de Jerez, Spain
J Infect Dev Ctries 5:540-3. 2011..In this study, we assess the inflammatory response mediated by cytokines at the local and systemic levels in three cases of severe pneumonia caused by Influenza A (H1N1) virus...
- Serum-induced iron-acquisition systems and TonB contribute to virulence in Klebsiella pneumoniae causing primary pyogenic liver abscessPei Fang Hsieh
Department of Microbiology, National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Infect Dis 197:1717-27. 2008..Klebsiella pneumoniae has become the predominant pathogen causing primary pyogenic liver abscess (PLA)...
- Free thyroid hormones in serum by direct equilibrium dialysis and online solid-phase extraction--liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometryBingfang Yue
ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Salt Lake City, UT 84108 1221, USA
Clin Chem 54:642-51. 2008..We describe a direct equilibrium dialysis (ED)-liquid chromatography (LC)/tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) method for FT4 and FT3...
- Microfluidic isolation and transcriptome analysis of serum microvesiclesChihchen Chen
BioMEMS Resource Center, Center for Engineering in Medicine and Surgical Services, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Lab Chip 10:505-11. 2010..present an easy and rapid microfluidic immunoaffinity method to isolate microvesicles from small volumes of both serum from blood samples and conditioned medium from cells in culture...
- Determination of folate vitamers in human serum by stable-isotope-dilution tandem mass spectrometry and comparison with radioassay and microbiologic assayChristine M Pfeiffer
National Center for Environmental Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
Clin Chem 50:423-32. 2004..tandem mass spectrometric method coupled to liquid chromatography (LC/MS/MS) as a candidate reference method for 5-methyltetrahydrofolic acid (5MeTHF), 5-formyltetrahydrofolic acid (5FoTHF), and folic acid (FA) in human serum.
- Optimization of in vitro expansion of human multipotent mesenchymal stromal cells for cell-therapy approaches: further insights in the search for a fetal calf serum substituteM E Bernardo
Oncoematologia Pediatrica, IRCCS Policlinico San Matteo, Universita di Pavia, Pavia, Italy
J Cell Physiol 211:121-30. 2007..MSCs are currently expanded in vitro in the presence of fetal calf serum (FCS); however, FCS raises concerns when used in clinical grade preparations...
- Serum and plasma proteomicsHaleem J Issaq
Laboratory of Proteomics and Analytical Technologies, Advanced Technology Program, SAIC Frederick, Inc, NCI Frederick, P O Box B, Frederick, Maryland 21702, USA
Chem Rev 107:3601-20. 2007
- Development of a high-throughput assay for measuring serum neutralizing antibody against enterovirus 71Mei Liang Huang
Vaccine Research and Development Center, National Health Research Institutes, Taiwan
J Virol Methods 165:42-5. 2010..The serum neutralizing antibody response is the major indicator of EV71 infection and protective immunity...
- Polymorphism of rs1044925 in the acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 gene and serum lipid levels in the Guangxi Bai Ku Yao and Han populationsDong Feng Wu
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, 22 Shuangyong Road, Nanning 530021, Guangxi, China
Lipids Health Dis 9:139. 2010The association of rs1044925 polymorphism in the acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase-1 (ACAT-1) gene and serum lipid profiles is not well known in different ethnic groups. Bai Ku Yao is a special subgroup of the Yao minority in China...
- High-abundance proteins depletion for serum proteomic analysis: concomitant removal of non-targeted proteinsElisa Bellei
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Medical Faculty, University Hospital of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via del Pozzo 71, 41100, Modena, Italy
Amino Acids 40:145-56. 2011In clinical and pharmaceutical proteomics, serum and plasma are frequently used for detection of early diagnostic biomarkers for therapeutic targets...
- Enrichment of peptides in serum by C(8)-functionalized magnetic nanoparticles for direct matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry analysisNing Yao
Department of Chemistry, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, China
J Chromatogr A 1185:93-101. 2008Human serum contains a complex array of proteolytically derived peptides (serum peptidome), which contain biomarkers of preclinical screening and disease diagnosis...
- Serum BDNF levels and weight gain in schizophrenic patients on long-term treatment with antipsychoticsXiang Yang Zhang
Menninger Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Baylor College of Medicine, VA Medical Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Psychiatr Res 41:997-1004. 2007..Reports have also shown that serum BDNF is altered in schizophrenic patients treated with antipsychotics...
- Increased oxidative DNA damage, as assessed by urinary 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine concentrations, and serum redox status in persons exposed to mercuryChunying Chen
Key Laboratory of Nuclear Analytical Techniques and Laboratory for Nanoscale Materials and Related Bio Environmental Sciences, Institute of High Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, Peoples Republic of China
Clin Chem 51:759-67. 2005..In this study, we evaluated the relationship between mercury exposure and oxidative stress, serum and urinary mercury concentrations, oxidative DNA damage, and serum redox status in chronically mercury-exposed ..
- Serum proteome and cytokine analysis in a longitudinal cohort of adults with primary dengue infection reveals predictive markers of DHFYadunanda Kumar
Interdisciplinary Research Group in Infectious Diseases, Singapore MIT Alliance for Research and Technology, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1887. 2012..Consequently, there are no reliable methods currently available for early triage of DHF patients resulting in significant over-hospitalization...
- Elevated serum levels of high mobility group box 1 (HMGB1) protein in dengue-infected patients are associated with disease symptoms and secondary infectionDiego Allonso
Laboratory of Structural Genomics, Biophysics Institute Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Clin Virol 55:214-9. 2012..Recently, it was observed that both DENV-infected epithelial cells undergoing necrosis and dendritic cells (DCs) are able to release a non-classical pro-inflammatory cytokine called high mobility group box 1 (HMGB1)...
- Serum starvation induces H2AX phosphorylation to regulate apoptosis via p38 MAPK pathwayChengrong Lu
The Aviation Medicine Research Lab, General Hospital of Air Force, Fucheng Road 30, Beijing 100036, China
FEBS Lett 582:2703-8. 2008..Here we show that serum starvation induces H2AX phosphorylation and apoptosis independent of the JNK pathway...
- Comparing the MicroRNA spectrum between serum and plasmaKai Wang
Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e41561. 2012..In this study we focused on different sample types' effects on the spectrum of circulating miRNA in blood. Using serum and corresponding plasma samples from the same individuals, we observed higher miRNA concentrations in serum ..
- Autologous serum for isolation and expansion of human mesenchymal stem cells for clinical useNorbert Stute
Bone Marrow Transplant Center, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Exp Hematol 32:1212-25. 2004..One major obstacle for their clinical use is the biosafety of fetal calf serum (FCS), which is a crucial part of all media currently used for the culture of MSC.
- The effects of serum on the toxicity of manufactured nanoparticlesMartin J D Clift
Centre for Nano Safety, School of Life Sciences, Edinburgh Napier University, Merchiston Campus, 10 Colinton Road, Edinburgh EH10 5DT, United Kingdom
Toxicol Lett 198:358-65. 2010The aim of the present study was to assess the effects of the presence and absence of serum in NP suspension media in relation to their cytotoxicity, as well as their potential to cause oxidative stress and stimulate pro-inflammatory ..
- Serum antibody response to five Streptococcus pneumoniae proteins during acute otitis media in otitis-prone and non-otitis-prone childrenRavinder Kaur
Rochester General Hospital Research Institute, Center for Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Rochester, NY 14621, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 30:645-50. 2011..Streptococcus pneumoniae (Spn) is one of the common bacteria responsible for episodic acute otitis media (AOM; non-otitis-prone), recurrent AOM (otitis-prone), and AOM treatment failure (AOMTF) in children...
- Characterization of a uricase from Bacillus fastidious A.T.C.C. 26904 and its application to serum uric acid assay by a patented kinetic uricase methodYunsheng Zhao
Laboratory of Bioinformatics and Molecular Engineering, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, Chongqing 400016, People s Republic of China
Biotechnol Appl Biochem 45:75-80. 2006An intracellular uricase from Bacillus fastidious A.T.C.C. 26904 was characterized and evaluated for serum uric acid assay by a patented kinetic uricase method. The active uricase was 151 kDa by gel filtration through Sephadex G-200...
- Growth stimulation leads to cellular senescence when the cell cycle is blockedZoya N Demidenko
Oncotarget, Albany, New York, USA
Cell Cycle 7:3355-61. 2008..In the presence of serum, induction of p21 caused senescence, characterized by beta-Galactosidase staining, cell hypertrophy, increased ..
- Distinct polymer architecture mediates switching of complement activation pathways at the nanosphere-serum interface: implications for stealth nanoparticle engineeringIslam Hamad
Molecular Targeting and Polymer Toxicology Group, School of Pharmacy, University of Brighton, Brighton BN2 4GJ, U K
ACS Nano 4:6629-38. 2010....
- Differences between Trypanosoma brucei gambiense groups 1 and 2 in their resistance to killing by trypanolytic factor 1Paul Capewell
College of Medical, Veterinary and Biological Sciences, Wellcome Trust Centre for Molecular Parasitology, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, United Kingdom
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e1287. 2011..b. brucei is unable to infect humans due to sensitivity to trypanosome lytic factors (TLF) 1 and 2 found in human serum. T. b. rhodesiense and T. b. gambiense are able to resist lysis by TLF. There are two distinct sub-groups of T. b...
- Genome-wide mapping of Myc binding and gene regulation in serum-stimulated fibroblastsD Perna
Department of Experimental Oncology, European Institute of Oncology, IFOM IEO Campus, Milan, Italy
Oncogene 31:1695-709. 2012The transition from quiescence to proliferation is a key regulatory step that can be induced by serum stimulation in cultured fibroblasts...
- Serum concentrations of ribavirin and pegylated interferon and viral responses in patients infected with HIV and HCVFlorence Nicot
INSERM, U 563, Toulouse, France
J Med Virol 80:1523-9. 2008..This study investigated the relationship between the serum pegylated interferon and ribavirin concentrations 3 and 6 months after treatment initiation, and treatment outcome ..
- Aberrant expression of serum miRNAs in schizophreniaWenting Shi
State Key Laboratory of Bioelectronics, School of Biological Science and Medical Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, China
J Psychiatr Res 46:198-204. 2012..from the literature, Schizophrenia Gene database, NCBI database, the quantification of the nine miRNAs in the serum samples of 115 patients suffering from schizophrenia and 40 healthy individuals using qRT-PCR and semi-nested qRT-..
- Monoclonal antibodies raised against the ORF3 protein of hepatitis E virus (HEV) can capture HEV particles in culture supernatant and serum but not those in fecesMasaharu Takahashi
Division of Virology, Department of Infection and Immunity, Jichi Medical University School of Medicine, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke shi, Tochigi Ken 329 0498, Japan
Arch Virol 153:1703-13. 2008..The anti-ORF3 MAbs could capture HEV particles in culture medium and serum at variable efficiency of up to 61 and 49%, respectively, but not those in feces...
- The CO-releasing molecule CORM-3 protects against articular degradation in the K/BxN serum transfer arthritis modelNuria Maicas
Department of Pharmacology, University of Valencia, Av Vicent Andres Estelles s n, 46100 Burjasot, Valencia, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 634:184-91. 2010..Arthritis was induced in C57Black-6 mice by an intraperitoneal injection of serum from arthritic K/BxN mice...
- A multi-metabolite analysis of serum by 1H NMR spectroscopy: early systemic signs of Alzheimer's diseaseTaru Tukiainen
Computational Medicine Research Group, Department of Biomedical Engineering and Computational Science, Helsinki University of Technology, P O Box 9203, FI 02015 HUT, Finland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 375:356-61. 2008A three-molecular-window approach for (1)H NMR spectroscopy of serum is presented to obtain specific molecular data on lipoproteins, various low-molecular-weight metabolites, and individual lipid molecules together with their degree of (..
- A population of serum deprivation-induced bone marrow stem cells (SD-BMSC) expresses marker typical for embryonic and neural stem cellsSteven Sauerzweig
Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology IfN, Projectgroup Neuropharmacology, Brenneckestr 6, 39118 Magdeburg, Germany
Exp Cell Res 315:50-66. 2009..The complete removal of serum might offer a simple way to specifically enrich this fraction of pluripotent embryonic like stem cells in BMSC ..
- Inhibition of vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation by serum from rats treated orally with Gastrodia and Uncaria decoction, a traditional Chinese formulationShijun Wang
Department of Cardiovascular Disease, The First Affiliated Hospital, Medical School of Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310003, China
J Ethnopharmacol 114:458-62. 2007This study was to investigate the effect of serum from rats treated orally with GUD on vascular smooth muscle cells (VSMCs) proliferation in vitro.
- Higher amount of free circulating DNA in serum than in plasma is not mainly caused by contaminated extraneous DNA during separationNaoyuki Umetani
Department of Molecular Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, 2200 Santa Monica Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1075:299-307. 2006Circulating DNA isolated from serum and plasma has been shown to be a useful biomarker in various diseases including cancer. Serum reportedly contains a higher amount of free circulating DNA than it does in plasma...
- Comparison of human serum with fetal bovine serum for expansion and differentiation of human synovial MSC: potential feasibility for clinical applicationsK Tateishi
Department of Orthopedics, National Hospital Organization Kure Medical Center, Hiroshima, Japan
Cell Transplant 17:549-57. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the effect of human serum (HS) on growth and differentiation capacity of human synovium-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSC) in comparison to cells grown in fetal bovine serum (FBS)...
- A highly sensitive method for the detection and genotyping of West Nile virus by real-time PCRDewald Zaayman
Department of Medical Virology, University of Pretoria, South Africa
J Virol Methods 157:155-60. 2009..WNV could be identified and typed in serum and brain specimens from a human and horse with neurological disease...
- Circulating cell-free DNA in plasma/serum of lung cancer patients as a potential screening and prognostic toolAshutosh K Pathak
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77039, USA
Clin Chem 52:1833-42. 2006Evaluation of tumor-specific circulating DNA in plasma/serum is a promising noninvasive diagnostic and prognostic tool requiring only a blood sample, which circumvents the logistic difficulties associated with the use of invasive ..
- Development of an improved genotyping assay for the detection of hepatitis C virus genotypes and subtypes in PakistanMuhammad Idrees
Division of Molecular Virology and Molecular Diagnostics, National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology, University of the Punjab, 87 West Canal Bank Road, Thokar Niaz Baig, Lahore, Pakistan
J Virol Methods 150:50-6. 2008..Genotype-specific primers were designed on the basis of 114 HCV isolates. Serum samples with known genotypes were used as positive controls to validate the assay developed and to generate PCR ..
- Lung fibroblast proteoglycan production induced by serum is inhibited by budesonide and formoterolLizbet Todorova
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 34:92-100. 2006..the effects of budesonide, a glucocorticoid, and formoterol, a long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist, on serum-induced proteoglycan production by human lung fibroblasts...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-4 promotes induction of cardiomyocytes from human embryonic stem cells in serum-based embryoid body developmentShunsuke Takei
Department of Histology and Embryology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto 390 8621, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 296:H1793-803. 2009..We studied the effect of bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-4 in the presence of fetal bovine serum (FBS) on cardiac induction from human H1 ES cells during embryoid body (EB) development...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta +294T > C polymorphism and serum lipid levels in the Guangxi Bai Ku Yao and Han populationsLin Miao
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, 22 Shuangyong Road, Nanning 530021, Guangxi, People s Republic of China
Lipids Health Dis 9:145. 2010The association of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor delta (PPARD) +294T > C polymorphism and serum lipid levels is inconsistent in several previous studies. Bai Ku Yao is an isolated subgroup of the Yao minority in China...
- Activation and repression of cellular immediate early genes by serum response factor cofactorsSeung Min Lee
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Biol Chem 285:22036-49. 2010The induction of expression of many cellular immediate early genes (IEG) involves the transcription factor serum response factor (SRF)...
- Overexpression of BCL2 enhances survival of human embryonic stem cells during stress and obviates the requirement for serum factorsReza Ardehali
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:3282-7. 2011..that overexpression of the prosurvival gene BCL2 in mouse embryonic stem cells overrode the requirement of serum factors and feeder cells to maintain mESCs in culture...
- Hepatitis C patient-derived glycoproteins exhibit marked differences in susceptibility to serum neutralizing antibodies: genetic subtype defines antigenic but not neutralization serotypeAlexander W Tarr
School of Molecular Medical Sciences, The University of Nottingham, A Floor West Block, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, United Kingdom
J Virol 85:4246-57. 2011..In contrast, the neutralization serotype did not correlate with genotype. Instead, serum-derived antibodies displayed a range of neutralization breadth and potency, while different E1E2 glycoproteins ..
- Mesenchymal stem cells expanded in vitro with human serum for the treatment of acute and chronic graft-versus-host disease: results of a phase I/II clinical trialJose A Perez-Simon
Servicio de Hematologia, Instituto de Biomedicina de Sevilla IBIS Hospital Universitario Virgen del Rocío CSIC Universidad de Sevilla, Avenida Manuel Siurot s n 41013 Sevilla, Spain
Haematologica 96:1072-6. 2011This trial evaluated the feasibility and efficacy of the infusion of mesenchymal stem cells expanded using human serum for the treatment of refractory acute or chronic graft-versus-host disease. Twenty-eight expansions were started...
- Lysophosphatidic acid protects mesenchymal stem cells against hypoxia and serum deprivation-induced apoptosisJinghai Chen
Research Center for Cardiovascular Regenerative Medicine, The Ministry of Health of China, Cardiovascular Institute and Fu Wai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Stem Cells 26:135-45. 2008..Our previous studies have documented that hypoxia and serum deprivation (hypoxia/SD), induced MSCs apoptosis through the mitochondrial apoptotic pathway...
- Up-converting phosphor technology-based lateral flow assay for detection of Schistosoma circulating anodic antigen in serumPaul L A M Corstjens
Leiden University Medical Center, Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Bldg 2, S 01 030, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 46:171-6. 2008Schistosoma sp. circular anodic antigen (CAA) serum concentrations reflect actual worm burden in a patient and are a valuable tool for population screening and epidemiological research...
- Detection of dengue virus in saliva and urine by real time RT-PCRTelma R Poloni
Departamento de Analises Clinicas, Toxicologicas e Bromatologicas, Faculdade de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Ribeirão Preto14040 903, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Virol J 7:22. 2010..b>Serum, urine and saliva samples collected from both patients were subjected to real time RT-PCR for DENV detection and ..
- Factors influencing the generation of murine dendritic cells from bone marrow: the special role of fetal calf serumManfred B Lutz
Institute for Virology and Immunobiology, University of Wuerzburg, 97078, Wuerzburg, Germany
Immunobiology 212:855-62. 2007..The critical role of FCS in BM-DC cultures and alternative methods using murine sera or serum-free media are discussed.
- Autologous serum application in the treatment of neurotrophic keratopathyYukihiro Matsumoto
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba, Japan
Ophthalmology 111:1115-20. 2004To evaluate the effect of autologous serum application for epithelial disorders in neurotrophic keratopathy (NK).
- Efficient and specific removal of albumin from human serum samplesLaura F Steel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Thomas Jefferson University, Jefferson Center for Biomedical Research, Doylestown, Pennsylvania 18901, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 2:262-70. 2003Patient serum or plasma is frequently monitored for biochemical markers of disease or physiological status...
- Detection of novel sequences related to african Swine Fever virus in human serum and sewageJoy Loh
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 S Euclid Ave, Box 8118, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Virol 83:13019-25. 2009..We report here the discovery of novel viral sequences in human serum and sewage which are clearly related to the asfarvirus family but highly divergent from ASFV...
- A well-characterised peak identification list of MALDI MS profile peaks for human blood serumAli Tiss
The BioCentre and Department of Chemistry, University of Reading, Reading, UK
Proteomics 10:3388-92. 2010MALDI MS profiling, using easily available body fluids such as blood serum, has attracted considerable interest for its potential in clinical applications...
- Factors involved in the germination and inactivation of Bacillus anthracis spores in murine primary macrophagesHaijing Hu
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 272:245-50. 2007..Spores were efficiently taken up by primary mouse bone marrow-derived macrophages even in the absence of serum but a minimal amount was required for spore germination and subsequent inactivation...
- Depletion of multiple high-abundance proteins improves protein profiling capacities of human serum and plasmaLynn A Echan
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proteomics 5:3292-303. 2005..Hence, depletion of major proteins is one potential strategy for enhancing detection sensitivity in serum or plasma...
- A data base for partition of volatile organic compounds and drugs from blood/plasma/serum to brain, and an LFER analysis of the dataMichael H Abraham
Department of Chemistry, University College London, 20 Gordon Street, London WC1H OAJ, UK
J Pharm Sci 95:2091-100. 2006Literature values of the in vivo distribution (BB) of drugs from blood, plasma, or serum to rat brain have been assembled for 207 compounds (233 data points)...
- Phosphoethanolamine substitution of lipid A and resistance of Neisseria gonorrhoeae to cationic antimicrobial peptides and complement-mediated killing by normal human serumLisa A Lewis
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts School of Medicine, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
Infect Immun 77:1112-20. 2009..cause disseminated gonococcal infection requires that such strains resist the bactericidal action of normal human serum. The bactericidal action of normal human serum against N...
- Stability of gadolinium-based magnetic resonance imaging contrast agents in human serum at 37 degrees CThomas Frenzel
Bayer Schering Pharma, Berlin, Germany
Invest Radiol 43:817-28. 2008Assessment of the complex stability and Gd3+ dissociation rate of all marketed gadolinium-based MRI contrast agents (GBCA) in human serum at pH 7.4 and 37 degrees C.
- Changes in synovial fluid and serum biomarkers with exercise and early osteoarthritis in horsesD D Frisbie
Orthopaedic Research Center, Colorado State University, 300 West Drake, Fort Collins, CO 80523, United States
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:1196-204. 2008..To discriminate between changes in biomarkers with exercise compared to changes in biomarkers with osteoarthritis (OA) in exercising horses...
- Induction of capsule growth in Cryptococcus neoformans by mammalian serum and CO(2)Oscar Zaragoza
Departments of Microbiology and Immunology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Infect Immun 71:6155-64. 2003..In this study, we report that serum can induce capsule growth, and we describe the conditions that induce this effect, not only by serum but also by ..
- Proteomic analysis of human blood serum using peptide library beadsLau Sennels
the FIRC Institute for Molecular Oncology Foundation, Via Adamello 16, I 20139 Milan, Italy
J Proteome Res 6:4055-62. 2007Human serum is thought to contain key information for diagnostics of human disease. However, no single technology is currently nor might ever be available to cope with the complexity and dynamic range of the serum proteome...
- Intraspecies and temperature-dependent variations in susceptibility of Yersinia pestis to the bactericidal action of serum and to polymyxin BAndrey P Anisimov
State Research Center for Applied Microbiology, Obolensk, Moscow Region 142279, Russia
Infect Immun 73:7324-31. 2005..bactericidal action of cationic peptides, such as polymyxin B (PMB), and sensitivity to killing by normal human serum (NHS)...
- Stress response gene ATF3 is a target of c-myc in serum-induced cell proliferationKiyoshi Tamura
Department of Biochemical Genetics, Medical Research Institute and Laboratory of Genome Structure and Regulation, School of Biomedical Science, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
EMBO J 24:2590-601. 2005..Here, we report that the serum response of the ATF3 gene expression depends on c-myc gene and that the c-Myc complex at ATF/CREB site of the gene ..
- Pattern of serum autoantibodies allows accurate distinction between a tumor and pathologies of the same organNicole Ludwig
Department of Human Genetics, Medical School, Saarland University, Homburg Saar, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 14:4767-74. 2008..One of the major challenges toward this goal is to prove that seroreactivity profiles do not only allow for identifying a tumor but also allow for distinguishing tumors from other pathologies of the same organ...
- CpG island hypermethylation in cell-free serum DNA identifies patients with localized prostate cancerJörg Ellinger
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Urologie, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Prostate 68:42-9. 2008..Our aim was to analyze the diagnostic and prognostic possibilities of multigene methylation analysis in cell-free serum DNA of prostate cancer (PCA) patients.
- Cancer-specific MALDI-TOF profiles of blood serum and plasma: biological meaning and perspectivesM A Karpova
Institute of Biomedical Chemistry, 10 Pogodinskaya Str, Moscow, 119121, Russia
J Proteomics 73:537-51. 2010..this technology have made it attractive for biomarker discovery and validation across various platforms in blood serum/plasma...
- Altered gene expression in human adipose stem cells cultured with fetal bovine serum compared to human supplementsKaren Bieback
Medical Faculty Mannheim, Institute of Transfusion Medicine and Immunology, German Red Cross Blood Service of Baden Württemberg Hessen, Heidelberg University, Mannheim, Germany
Tissue Eng Part A 16:3467-84. 2010..For clinical scale manufacturing regulatory agencies recommend to replace fetal bovine serum (FBS) commonly used in MSC expansion media as soon as equivalent alternative supplements are available...
- Pancreas Cancer Specialized Program of Research Excelle*Anton Wellstein; Fiscal Year: 2006..the infrastructure and resources to acquire tissues and bodily fluids from patients (Pancreatic Tumor Bank and Serum Detection & Molecular Identification Cores) with an expected 120 curative resections a year...
- Biomarker for liver ischemia/reperfusion-induced injuryMONIKA OLI; Fiscal Year: 2006..Current enzymatic assays of serum ALT or LDH are either non-specific or not sensitive enough to detect early stages of liver damage, assess ..
- Specialized Program of Translational Research In Acute Stroke at the PartnersKaren Furie; Fiscal Year: 2007..team at Partners have investigated both the activation of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) in animals, and the serum markers of oxidative stress in acute stroke patients...
- Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome: Expression of RHD in the Fetus?Pirooz Eghtesady; Fiscal Year: 2010..a strong association between HLHS and prior maternal strep infection, but also elevated anti-human cardiac myosin serum titers in mothers of HLHS babies (as found in patients with rheumatic fever), compared with three control groups...
- Urine and Serum Biomarkers for Screening and Diagnosis of Ovarian CancerAnna E Lokshin; Fiscal Year: 2010..We also hypothesize that measuring biomarkers in urine instead of serum could substaitally improve classification power of screening and diagnostic assays...
- Epidemiology of CHD of Men Aged 40+ in US, Hawaii, JapanAkira Sekikawa; Fiscal Year: 2010..or higher levels of subclinical atherosclerosis as compared to Whites, (3) the Japanese in Japan had levels of serum marine n-3 fatty acids (marine n-3) higher by >100% than US populations, and (4) serum marine n-3 had a ..
- Implication of HUCBC: a novel therapeutic strategy for Alzheimer's diseaseJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2010..response to vascular amyloid deposits) are reduced by HUCBC infusion in vivo, with attendant: (a) increased serum levels of A1-40, 42, suggesting efflux from the CNS (b) decreased soluble CD40L serum levels, (c) decreased ..
- Implication of HUCBC: a novel therapeutic strategy for Alzheimer's diseaseJun Tan; Fiscal Year: 2009..response to vascular amyloid deposits) are reduced by HUCBC infusion in vivo, with attendant: (a) increased serum levels of A1-40, 42, suggesting efflux from the CNS (b) decreased soluble CD40L serum levels, (c) decreased ..
- Long Term Outcomes in ICU Patients: Delirium & Apolipoprotein ESheila Alexander; Fiscal Year: 2009..A secondary goal of the proposed study is to explore the potential relationship between APOE 4 allele presence, serum apolipoprotein E protein levels, serum cytokine levels (IL-1, IL-6, IL-8 and IL-10) and development and duration ..
- H. influenzae: Role of Sialic Acid in VirulenceMichael A Apicella; Fiscal Year: 2010..The serum resistant phenotype appears to be a prerequisite for NTHi to initiate systemic infection (acute bronchitis, otitis ..
- Role of the Sex Hormones and Insulin/IGF-Axes in Endometrial Cancer RecurrenceMarc Gunter; Fiscal Year: 2009..IGF-I shares sequence homology with insulin and is mitogenic. However, uterine and serum IGF-I levels are regulated by different mechanisms, and it is not known whether they are at all correlated...
- Role of the Sex Hormones and Insulin/IGF-Axes in Endometrial Cancer RecurrenceMARC JAMES GUNTER; Fiscal Year: 2010..IGF-I shares sequence homology with insulin and is mitogenic. However, uterine and serum IGF-I levels are regulated by different mechanisms, and it is not known whether they are at all correlated...
- Supplemental Vitamin D and Functional Outcomes in Early AdolescenceRichard D Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2010..that a significant number of children, particularly those with darker skin pigmentation, have inadequate levels of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D]...
- Supplemental Vitamin D and Functional Outcomes in Early AdolescenceRichard Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2009..that a significant number of children, particularly those with darker skin pigmentation, have inadequate levels of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D]...
- Serum IGFs--Effects of a Soy Intervention in HumansJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2002..This reduces IGF-I activity, but also increases its half-life in blood. In observational studies, high serum IGF-I, low serum IGFBP-3, or a high molar ratio of IGF-I relative to IGFBP-3 are associated with increased risk of ..
- Fatty Acid Synthase Inhibitors: Ovarian Cancer TherapyALBERT OWENS; Fiscal Year: 2007..enroll women with recurrent disease that have failed initial therapy and overexpresses FAS, as detected by the serum FAS assay. Serum CA-125 and serum FAS will be added to the usual disease monitors and measures of progression...
- IMMUNOLOGY OF INFECTION WITH NEISSERIA GONORRHOEAEPeter Rice; Fiscal Year: 1993..which have been passed in vitro, to be killed or to resist killing by antibody and complement in normal human serum (NHS)...
- PROTEOMICS AND HEPATITIS C: FIBROSIS AND PROGNOSISGlenn Gourley; Fiscal Year: 2005..central hypothesis of this proposal is that proteomic techniques can be used to establish a relationship between serum proteins and hepatic fibrosis that will allow determination of hepatic fibrosis without a liver biopsy in patients ..
- Anti-GM1b IgM for Detection of Localized Prostate CancerMepur Ravindranath; Fiscal Year: 2005..Prostate-specific antigen (PSA) is widely used for diagnosing and monitoring CaP. However, serum PSA level does not increase significantly until tumor volume exceeds 1cc, and it is inversely related to a tumor's ..
- Immunomodulatory effects of arginine supplementation in colitis and colon cancerKeith Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have found increased serum L-Arg levels in severe colitis vs. moderate colitis or normal controls...
- Gene Delivery of P53 in a Tumor-bearing Mouse ModelARCHIBALD MIXSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..polymers that in combination with liposomes significantly increased transfection in the presence or absence of serum. To test the overall hypothesis that further understanding of HK enhancement of transfection will facilitate the ..
- Testosterone Replacement Therapy in Advanced Chronic Kidney DiseaseRalph Rabkin; Fiscal Year: 2007..In 2/3 of males with advanced CKD, serum testosterone (TT) levels are reduced and likely contribute to the wasting...