Genomes and Genes
Summary: The clear, viscous fluid secreted by the SYNOVIAL MEMBRANE. It contains mucin, albumin, fat, and mineral salts and serves to lubricate joints.
Publications299 found, 100 shown here
- Synovial fluid mesenchymal stem cells in health and early osteoarthritis: detection and functional evaluation at the single-cell levelElena A Jones
University of Leeds, Leeds, UK
Arthritis Rheum 58:1731-40. 2008Arthritic synovial fluid (SF) contains mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), which could simply reflect their shedding from diseased joint structures...
- IL-17 in synovial fluids from patients with rheumatoid arthritis is a potent stimulator of osteoclastogenesisS Kotake
The Institute of Rheumatology, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo 162 0054, Japan
J Clin Invest 103:1345-52. 1999....
- Leptin enhances MMP-1, MMP-3 and MMP-13 production in human osteoarthritic cartilage and correlates with MMP-1 and MMP-3 in synovial fluid from OA patientsAnna Koskinen
The Immunopharmacology Research Group, Tampere University Hospital, Tampere, Finland
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:57-64. 2011..In addition, the correlations between leptin and MMP concentrations in synovial fluid from OA patients were studied.
- Effects of nimesulide on pain and on synovial fluid concentrations of substance P, interleukin-6 and interleukin-8 in patients with knee osteoarthritis: comparison with celecoxibM Bianchi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Milan, Milan, and Unit of Rheumatology, A O Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, Varese, Italy
Int J Clin Pract 61:1270-7. 2007..In patients with joint effusion, the effects of these non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) on synovial fluid concentrations of substance P (SP), interleukin (IL)-6 and IL-8 also were evaluated.
- Association of citrullinated proteins with synovial exosomesK Skriner
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 54:3809-14. 2006..The aim of this study was to identify the nature of synovial exosomes from patients with different rheumatic diseases and to examine their potential autoantigenic content, which may be involved in the induction of an autoimmune response...
- High abundance synovial fluid proteome: distinct profiles in health and osteoarthritisReuben Gobezie
The Case Center for Proteomics, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 9:R36. 2007..The purpose of this study was to determine protein expression profiles of high-abundance synovial fluid (SF) proteins in health and in the prevalent joint disease osteoarthritis (OA)...
- IL-17 contributes to angiogenesis in rheumatoid arthritisSarah R Pickens
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Immunol 184:3233-41. 2010..RA synovial fluids or IL-17 receptor C on HMVECs significantly reduces the induction of HMVEC migration by RA synovial fluid. Finally, RA synovial fluid immunoneutralized with anti-IL-17 and antivascular endothelial growth factor does ..
- Changes in serum and synovial fluid biomarkers after acute injury (NCT00332254)Jonathan B Catterall
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medicine, Duke University, Genome Science Research Building I, 905 South LaSalle Street, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R229. 2010..In this study, to better understand the early biological changes which occur after acute injury, we investigated synovial fluid and serum biomarkers.
- Correlation of plasma and synovial fluid adiponectin with knee osteoarthritis severitySittisak Honsawek
Department of Biochemistry, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
Arch Med Res 41:593-8. 2010..The purposes of this study were to measure adiponectin concentrations in plasma and synovial fluid of patients with knee OA and to analyze the correlation of adiponectin levels with disease severity.
- Dickkopf-1 is a master regulator of joint remodelingDanielle Diarra
Department of Internal Medicine 3 and Institute for Clinical Immunology, University of Erlangen Nurnberg, Krankenhausstrasse 12, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Nat Med 13:156-63. 2007..We identified tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF) as a key inducer of DKK-1 in the mouse inflammatory arthritis model and in human rheumatoid arthritis. These results suggest that the Wnt pathway is a key regulator of joint remodeling...
- Increased levels of interleukin 33 in sera and synovial fluid from patients with active rheumatoid arthritisYasushi Matsuyama
Division of Rheumatology and Clinical Immunology and Department of Biochemistry, Jichi Medical University, Tochigi, Japan
J Rheumatol 37:18-25. 2010To determine levels of interleukin 33 (IL-33) in serum and synovial fluid (SF) and their clinical associations in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- Evidence for a cross-talk between human neutrophils and Th17 cellsMartin Pelletier
Department of Pathology, Section of General Pathology, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Blood 115:335-43. 2010..with this reciprocal recruitment, neutrophils and Th17 cells were found in gut tissue from Crohn disease and synovial fluid from rheumatoid arthritis patients...
- Alterations of the CD4(+), CD8 (+) T cell subsets, interleukins-1beta, IL-10, IL-17, tumor necrosis factor-alpha and soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis: preliminary observationsMahmoud R Hussein
Pathology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Assuit University and Assir Central Hospitals, Assuit, Egypt
Pathol Oncol Res 14:321-8. 2008..To accomplish this goal, peripheral blood and synovial fluid samples were obtained from 24 patients with rheumatoid arthritis, 15 patients with osteoarthritis and six ..
- Inflammatory arthritis in caspase 1 gene-deficient mice: contribution of proteinase 3 to caspase 1-independent production of bioactive interleukin-1betaLeo A B Joosten
Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arthritis Rheum 60:3651-62. 2009..This study was undertaken to establish the relative importance of caspase 1 and serine proteases in mouse models of acute and chronic inflammatory arthritis...
- TH-17 cells in rheumatoid arthritisShiva Shahrara
Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University 240 E Huron, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R93. 2008The aim of this study was to quantify the number of T-helper (TH)-17 cells present in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) synovial fluid (SF) and to determine the level of interleukin (IL)-17 cytokine in RA, osteoarthritis (OA) and normal synovial ..
- Complement contributes to inflammatory tissue destruction in a mouse model of Ross River virus-induced diseaseThomas E Morrison
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Virol 81:5132-43. 2007..In addition to these studies, complement activation was also detected in synovial fluid from RRV-infected patients...
- Profiling of endogenous peptides in human synovial fluid by NanoLC-MS: method validation and peptide identificationJurre J Kamphorst
Division of Analytical Biosciences, LACDR, Leiden University, P O Box 9502, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
J Proteome Res 6:4388-96. 2007b>Synovial fluid potentially contains markers for early diagnosis and disease progression in degenerative joint diseases such as osteoarthritis...
- Matrix metalloproteinase and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase in serum and synovial fluid of osteoarthritic dogsB J Salinardi
Department of Clinical Science, Kansas State University, Manhattan 66506, USA
Vet Comp Orthop Traumatol 19:49-55. 2006..OA, matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1) and tissue inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinase-2 (TIMP-2) in the synovial fluid and serum of normal and osteoarthritic dogs were examined...
- Impaired glutathione reductase activity and levels of collagenase and elastase in synovial fluid in rheumatoid arthritisL Bazzichi
Rheumatic Diseases Unit, Medica Santa Chiara Hospital, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Exp Rheumatol 20:761-6. 2002OBJECTIVE: To test the activity of elastase, collagenase and glutathione reductase in the synovial fluid (SF) of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and in patients with osteoarthritis (OA); to correlate the elastase and collagenase ..
- Regulation of complement by cartilage oligomeric matrix protein allows for a novel molecular diagnostic principle in rheumatoid arthritisKaisa E Happonen
Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 62:3574-83. 2010..This study was undertaken to investigate the ability of COMP to regulate complement, a capacity that has previously been shown for some other cartilage proteins...
- Detection of hydrogen sulfide in plasma and knee-joint synovial fluid from rheumatoid arthritis patients: relation to clinical and laboratory measures of inflammationMatthew Whiteman
Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, University of Exeter, St Luke s Campus, Magdalen Road, Exeter, Devon, UK
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1203:146-50. 2010..unknown whether H(2)S synthesis is perturbed in human inflammatory conditions or whether H(2)S is present in synovial fluid. We analyzed paired plasma and synovial fluid (SF) aspirates from rheumatoid arthritis (RA; n= 20) and ..
- Evidence of the transient nature of the Th17 phenotype of CD4+CD161+ T cells in the synovial fluid of patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritisLorenzo Cosmi
University of Florence and Excellence Centre for Research, Transfer and Higher Education on Chronic, Inflammatory, Degenerative and Neoplastic Disorders for the Development of Novel Therapies, Florence, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 63:2504-15. 2011To investigate the phenotype and function of CD4+ T cells in synovial fluid (SF) from the affected joints of children with oligoarticular-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), and to establish a possible link with disease activity.
- Synovial fluid and plasma selenium, copper, zinc, and iron concentrations in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritisM Yazar
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Harran University, Medical Faculty, 63200 Sanliurfa-Turkey
Biol Trace Elem Res 106:123-32. 2005..We studied synovial fluid and plasma concentrations of selenium (Se), zinc (Zn), copper (Cu), and iron (Fe) in patients with RA and OA ..
- The levels of soluble granzyme A and B are elevated in plasma and synovial fluid of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)P P Tak
Department of Rheumatology, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Immunol 116:366-70. 1999..Granzyme-positive cells have been identified in synovial fluid and tissue of patients with RA, where they may play an important role as mediators of granule-mediated ..
- Chemokine profile of synovial fluid from normal, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis patients: CCL25, CXCL10 and XCL1 recruit human subchondral mesenchymal progenitor cellsM Endres
TransTissue Technologies GmbH, Tucholskystrasse 2, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 18:1458-66. 2010..b>Synovial fluid (SF) has been shown to stimulate the migration of subchondral progenitors...
- Citrullinated vimentin as an important antigen in immune complexes from synovial fluid of rheumatoid arthritis patients with antibodies against citrullinated proteinsKatleen Van Steendam
Ghent University, Harelbekestraat 72, B 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R132. 2010..The presence of immune complexes (IC) in serum and synovial fluid of RA patients might contribute to this articular damage through different mechanisms, such as complement ..
- Plasma and synovial fluid microRNAs as potential biomarkers of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritisKoichi Murata
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, 54 Kawahara cho, Shogoin, Sakyo, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R86. 2010..In this study, we investigated whether miRNAs are also stably present in synovial fluids and whether plasma and synovial fluid miRNAs could be biomarkers of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA).
- Comparison of pharmacokinetics of glucosamine and synovial fluid levels following administration of glucosamine sulphate or glucosamine hydrochlorideM Meulyzer
Departement des Sciences Cliniques, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:973-9. 2008To compare the pharmacokinetics of glucosamine and the synovial fluid levels attained following treatment with glucosamine sulphate or glucosamine hydrochloride in a large animal model at clinically relevant doses.
- Levels of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 in paired sera and synovial fluids of juvenile idiopathic arthritis patients: relationship to inflammatory activity, MMP-3 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in a longitudinal studyN J Peake
Musculoskeletal Research Group, School of Clinical Medical Sciences, University of Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:1383-9. 2005OBJECTIVES: To measure levels of the collagenases matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 and -13 in the synovial fluid (SF) and serum of patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), and to correlate these measurements with inflammatory ..
- Evidence for a protective role for adiponectin in osteoarthritisTsu Hsin Chen
Department of Orthopedics Surgery, Shin Kong WHS Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Biochim Biophys Acta 1762:711-8. 2006..We demonstrated that adiponectin was present in OA synovial fluid (SF) and its expression level was almost 100-fold decrease compared with that in OA plasma...
- Citrullinated fibrinogen detected as a soluble citrullinated autoantigen in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fluidsY Takizawa
Department of Allergy and Rheumatology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7-3-1 Hongo, Bunkyo, 1138655 Japan
Ann Rheum Dis 65:1013-20. 2006..OBJECTIVE: To investigate the presence of citrullinated fibrinogen (cFBG) in the plasma or synovial fluid of patients with RA and control patients, and to determine cFBG levels and their relationship with serum ..
- Synovial fluid levels and serum pharmacokinetics in a large animal model following treatment with oral glucosamine at clinically relevant dosesSheila Laverty
, , Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 52:181-91. 2005OBJECTIVE: To examine the concentration of glucosamine in the synovial fluid and its pharmacokinetics in serum in a large animal model following dosing with glucosamine HCl at clinically relevant levels...
- Effects of tramadol on synovial fluid concentrations of substance P and interleukin-6 in patients with knee osteoarthritis: comparison with paracetamolM Bianchi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Milan, Via Vanvitelli, 32, 20129 Milan, Italy
Int Immunopharmacol 3:1901-8. 2003..The aim of this double-blind, randomised study in patients with knee OA was to compare their effects on synovial fluid concentrations of interleukin (IL)-6 and substance P (SP)...
- Expression and activity of citrullinating peptidylarginine deiminase enzymes in monocytes and macrophagesE R Vossenaar
Department of Biochemistry, University of Nijmegen, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Ann Rheum Dis 63:373-81. 2004..Peptidylcitrulline can be generated by post-translational conversion of arginine residues. This process, citrullination, is catalysed by a group of calcium dependent peptidylarginine deiminase (PAD) enzymes...
- Selective lymphocyte chemokine receptor expression in the rheumatoid jointJ H Ruth
Northwestern University Medical School, Department of Medicine, Section of Rheumatology, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Arthritis Rheum 44:2750-60. 2001..CCR1, CCR2, CCR3, CCR4, CCR5, CCR6, CXCR3, and CX3CR1 in normal (NL) peripheral blood (PB), RA PB, and RA synovial fluid (SF)...
- Measurement of synovial fluid volume using ureaV B Kraus
Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 15:1217-20. 2007To examine the utility of using urea concentrations for determining Synovial Fluid (SF) joint volume in effused and non-effused joints.
- Inflammatory cytokine profiles associated with chondral damage in the anterior cruciate ligament-deficient kneePaul H Marks
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Toronto, Orthopaedic and Arthritic Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthroscopy 21:1342-7. 2005..METHODS: Synovial fluid lavages were obtained from 31 patients with ACL-deficient knees...
- Detection of citrullinated proteins in synovial fluids derived from patients with rheumatoid arthritis by proteomics-based analysisYoko Tabushi
Department of Clinical Pathology, Osaka Medical College, Osaka, Japan
Ann Clin Biochem 45:413-7. 2008..Identification of the presence of citrullinated proteins in rheumatoid synovial fluids is important for the elucidation of the aetiology of RA as well as in the differential diagnosis of rheumatic-related diseases...
- Antibodies to several citrullinated antigens are enriched in the joints of rheumatoid arthritis patientsOmri Snir
Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet at Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Arthritis Rheum 62:44-52. 2010..ACPAs) are frequently present in the serum of rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients, but their presence in synovial fluid is less well characterized...
- Correlation of plasma and synovial fluid osteopontin with disease severity in knee osteoarthritisSittisak Honsawek
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Clin Biochem 42:808-12. 2009The purposes of this study were to examine osteopontin levels in both plasma and synovial fluid of patients with primary knee osteoarthritis (OA) and to investigate their relationship with severity of the disease.
- Increased perivascular synovial membrane expression of myeloid-related proteins in psoriatic arthritisDavid Kane
Department of Rheumatology, St Vincent's University Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Arthritis Rheum 48:1676-85. 2003..METHODS: Serum, synovial fluid (SF), and synovium (taken at arthroscopy) samples were obtained from PsA (before and after MTX treatment), RA, ..
- Elevated aggrecanase activity in a rat model of joint injury is attenuated by an aggrecanase specific inhibitorP S Chockalingam
Tissue Repair, BioTherapeutics Research and Development, Pfizer, Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 19:315-23. 2011..a rat model by measuring the level of aggrecanase-generated Ala-Arg-Gly-aggrecan (ARG-aggrecan) fragments in synovial fluid, and compare with ARG-aggrecan release into joint fluid following human knee injury...
- Synovial fluid is a site of citrullination of autoantigens in inflammatory arthritisAndrew Kinloch
Imperial College London, London, UK
Arthritis Rheum 58:2287-95. 2008To examine synovial fluid as a site for generating citrullinated antigens, including the candidate autoantigen citrullinated alpha-enolase, in rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- Nerve growth factor and receptor expression in rheumatoid arthritis and spondyloarthritisChristian Barthel
Clinic for Immunology and Rheumatology, Hannover Medical School MHH, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, Hannover 30625, Germany
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R82. 2009..We previously described the presence of nerve growth factor receptors in the inflamed synovial compartment. Here we investigated the presence of the corresponding nerve growth factors, with special focus on nerve growth factor (NGF)...
- Lactoferrin is a survival factor for neutrophils in rheumatoid synovial fluidS H Wong
Rheumatology Research Group, MRC Centre for Immune Regulation, Institute of Biomedical Research, Birmingham University, Birmingham, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:39-44. 2009..This study set out to determine whether lactoferrin can delay neutrophil apoptosis and could act as a survival factor for neutrophils in SF...
- Chemokine and chemokine receptor analysis reveals elevated interferon-inducible protein-10 (IP)-10/CXCL10 levels and increased number of CCR5+ and CXCR3+ CD4 T cells in synovial fluid of patients with enthesitis-related arthritis (ERA)A Aggarwal
Department of Immunology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
Clin Exp Immunol 148:515-9. 2007..Blood (20) and synovial fluid (SF) (11) was collected from patients with ERA, and peripheral blood (PB) was collected from 12 patients with ..
- A high interleukin 1 receptor antagonist/IL-1beta ratio occurs naturally in knee osteoarthritisPascal Richette
Universite Paris 7, UFR médicale, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
J Rheumatol 35:1650-4. 2008To assess the interleukin 1 receptor antagonist (IL-1Ra)/IL-1beta ratio in synovial fluid (SF) of patients with knee osteoarthritis (OA) or rheumatoid arthritis (RA) to determine a possible relation between cytokine level and disease ..
- Human mesenchymal stem cells in synovial fluid increase in the knee with degenerated cartilage and osteoarthritisIchiro Sekiya
Section of Cartilage Regeneration, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
J Orthop Res 30:943-9. 2012We investigated whether mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) in synovial fluid (SF) increased in the knee with degenerated cartilage and osteoarthritis...
- In vivo effects of meloxicam on inflammatory mediators, MMP activity and cartilage biomarkers in equine joints with acute synovitisJ C de Grauw
Department of Equine Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Utrecht University, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Equine Vet J 41:693-9. 2009..Meloxicam is a commonly used nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug in equine practice, but little is known about its in vivo effects on joint inflammation and cartilage turnover...
- Hyaluronic acid and autologous synovial fluid induce chondrogenic differentiation of equine mesenchymal stem cells: a preliminary studyA A Hegewald
Tissue Engineering Laboratory, Department of Rheumatology, , Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Tissue Cell 36:431-8. 2004..Our objective was to study the effects of TGF-beta1, hyaluronic acid and synovial fluid on chondrogenic differentiation of equine MSC...
- Raman spectroscopy of synovial fluid as a tool for diagnosing osteoarthritisKaren A Esmonde-White
University of Michigan, Department of Biomedical Engineering, 930 North University Avenue, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biomed Opt 14:034013. 2009..has been the primary method used by researchers in rheumatology to assess the physiochemical properties of synovial fluid in both normal and osteoarthritic patients...
- Effects of an oral administration of glucosamine-chondroitin-quercetin glucoside on the synovial fluid properties in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisHiroaki Matsuno
Matsuno Clinic for Rheumatic Diseases, Toyama, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 73:288-92. 2009..an orally administered combination of a glucosamine-chondroitin-quercetin glucoside (GCQG) supplement on the synovial fluid properties of patients with osteoarthritis (OA) and rheumatoid arthritis (RA) were investigated from the ..
- Increased extracellular survivin in the synovial fluid of rheumatoid arthritis patients: fibroblast-like synoviocytes as a potential source of extracellular survivinJoong Kyong Ahn
Department of Internal Medicine, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Inflammation 33:381-8. 2010..These findings suggest that extracellular survivin may be produced from rheumatoid FLS and may play an important role in the destructive RA process...
- A diagnostic rule for acute gouty arthritis in primary care without joint fluid analysisHein J E M Janssens
Department of Primary and Community Care, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Center, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Arch Intern Med 170:1120-6. 2010..Most cases of acute gouty arthritis are diagnosed in primary care and without joint fluid analysis in many instances. Our objectives were to estimate the validity of this diagnosis by family physicians and to develop a diagnostic rule...
- Keishikajutsubuto (Guizhi-shu-fu-tang) treatment for refractory accumulation of synovial fluid in a patient with pustulotic arthro-osteitisKoichiro Satoh
Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Fukushima Medical University, Fukushima, 960 0201, Japan
Fukushima J Med Sci 53:33-8. 2007We present a patient, a sixty-seven-year-old woman, who had refractory accumulation of synovial fluid in the knee joints with pustulotic arthro-osteitis for more than 10 years...
- Identification of nanobacteria in human arthritic synovial fluid by method validated in human blood and urine using 200 nm model nanoparticlesToshiyuki Tsurumoto
Department of Orthopaedics, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki University, 1 7 1, Sakamoto, Nagasaki 852 8501, Japan
Environ Sci Technol 42:3324-8. 2008..Here, we generalize its principle and apply it to identify nanobacteria in synovial fluid from a patient with osteoarthritis. Results indicate the prevalence of nanobacteria in the synovial fluid...
- Influence of repeated arthrocentesis and exercise on synovial fluid concentrations of nitric oxide, prostaglandin E2 and glycosaminoglycans in healthy equine jointsR van den Boom
Departments of Equine Sciences, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Utrecht, Yalelaan 12, 3584 CM, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Equine Vet J 37:250-6. 2005..and exercise on nitric oxide (NO), prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) and glycosaminoglycan (GAG) concentrations in synovial fluid (SF) from normal equine joints...
- Evidence of reactive oxygen species generation in synovial fluid from patients with temporomandibular disease by electron spin resonance spectroscopyMasaichi-Chang-Il Lee
Department of Clinical Care Medicine, Division of Pharmacology and ESR Laboratories, Yokosuka, Japan
Redox Rep 9:331-6. 2004..In the present study, we provide the first evidence of ROS generation in the synovial fluid from human temporomandibular disorder patients, as shown by electron spin resonance (ESR) and spin trapping...
- MR findings of exaggerated fluid in facet joints predicts instabilityKimberly A Schinnerer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8071, USA
J Spinal Disord Tech 21:468-72. 2008..Retrospective radiographic review...
- Development and validation of a HPLC-ES-MS/MS method for the determination of glucosamine in human synovial fluidE Pastorini
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Bologna, Via Belmeloro 6, 40126 Bologna, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 50:1009-14. 2009A new HPLC method for the determination of glucosamine (2-amino-2-deoxy-D-glucose) in human synovial fluid was developed and validated...
- Correlation of prostaglandin E2 concentrations in synovial fluid with ground reaction forces and clinical variables for pain or inflammation in dogs with osteoarthritis induced by transection of the cranial cruciate ligamentTroy N Trumble
Orthopaedic Research Center, Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Am J Vet Res 65:1269-75. 2004OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the temporal pattern of prostaglandin (PG) E2 concentrations in synovial fluid after transection of the cranial cruciate ligament (CCL) in dogs and to correlate PGE2 concentrations with ground reaction forces and ..
- Tenascin-C concentration in synovial fluid correlates with radiographic progression of knee osteoarthritisMasahiro Hasegawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mie University Faculty of Medicine, Mie, Japan
J Rheumatol 31:2021-6. 2004..enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) system using a monoclonal antibody specific for the large-splice variants of tenascin-C (TN-C) and examined whether TN-C in synovial fluid (SF) is an adequate biochemical marker of OA progression.
- Changes in synovial fluid and serum biomarkers with exercise and early osteoarthritis in horsesD D Frisbie
Orthopaedic Research Center, Colorado State University, 300 West Drake, Fort Collins, CO 80523, United States
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 16:1196-204. 2008..To discriminate between changes in biomarkers with exercise compared to changes in biomarkers with osteoarthritis (OA) in exercising horses...
- Electrophoretic characterization of species of fibronectin bearing sequences from the N-terminal heparin-binding domain in synovial fluid samples from patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritisJohn H Peters
Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Davis, CA, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 5:R329-39. 2003..We therefore characterized FN species that include sequences from this domain in samples of arthritic synovial fluid using one-and two-dimensional (1D and 2D) Western blot analysis...
- Prevalence of anti-3-nitrotyrosine antibodies in the joint synovial fluid of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and systemic lupus erythematosusFozia Khan
Firoz Specialist Hospital, Medical Road, Sir Syed Nagar, Aligarh 202002, U P India
Clin Chim Acta 370:100-7. 2006..3-nitrotyrosine is thought to be a relatively specific marker of nitrosative damage mediated by nitric oxide (NO) and its by-products...
- A 10 year retrospective comparison of the diagnostic usefulness of synovial fluid and synovial biopsy examinationJ S Johnson
Department of Histopathology, Clinical Sciences Building, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
J Clin Pathol 54:605-7. 2001BACKGROUND/AIMS: Synovial fluid examination is thought to be the pathological investigation of choice in most joint disorders, with only a few specific conditions necessitating biopsy, although no evidence based studies are available to ..
- Evaluation of anticollagen type I antibody titers in synovial fluid of both stifle joints and the left shoulder joint of dogs with unilateral cranial cruciate diseaseTanya de Bruin
Department of Diagnostic Imaging of Domestic Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Ghent, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
Am J Vet Res 68:283-9. 2007To evaluate anticollagen type I antibodies in synovial fluid of the affected stifle joint, the contralateral stifle joint, and the left shoulder joint of dogs with unilateral cranial cruciate ligament (CrCL) rupture during an extended ..
- Oxidant and anti-oxidant systems of synovial fluid from patients with knee post-traumatic arthritisAlina Ostałowska
Department of Biochemistry, Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, Jordana 19, 41 808 Zabrze, Poland
J Orthop Res 25:804-12. 2007..PA), associated or not to haemarthrosis (HA), display altered oxidant and anti-oxidant systems in their synovial fluid. This study aimed to establish whether this is really the case...
- Analysis of Borrelia burgdorferi genotypes in patients with Lyme arthritis: High frequency of ribosomal RNA intergenic spacer type 1 strains in antibiotic-refractory arthritisKathryn L Jones
Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:2174-82. 2009..The goal of this study was to determine the B burgdorferi genotypes in the joints of patients with Lyme arthritis...
- Expression of large tenascin-C splice variants in synovial fluid of patients with rheumatoid arthritisMasahiro Hasegawa
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mie University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu City, Mie, 514 8507, Japan
J Orthop Res 25:563-8. 2007..This cross-sectional study compared levels of large TN-C variants in synovial fluid of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA)...
- Measurement of equine myeloperoxidase (MPO) activity in synovial fluid by a modified MPO assay and evaluation of joint diseases - an initial case studyS Fietz
Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry, Freie Universitat Berlin, Oertzenweg 19b, D 14163 Berlin, Germany
Res Vet Sci 84:347-53. 2008The aim of this study was to develop a specific myeloperoxidase (MPO) activity assay in the synovial fluid of horses and investigate whether MPO activity is increased in different forms of joint diseases...
- Neutrophils-derived peroxynitrite contributes to acute hyperalgesia and cell influx in zymosan arthritisMirna M Bezerra
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Sobral, Federal University of Ceara, Rua Geraldo Rangel, S N, Derby, Sobral, Ceara, Brazil
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 374:265-73. 2007..Scavenging of reactive nitrogen species (e.g. peroxynitrite) inhibits neutrophil migration and joint hyperalgesia in the acute phase of zymosan arthritis in rats...
- CD153 in rheumatoid arthritis: detection of a soluble form in serum and synovial fluid, and expression by mast cells in the rheumatic synoviumRicardo F S Carvalho
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, KS L2 04, 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Rheumatol 36:501-7. 2009..We investigated if a soluble form of CD153 is present in the serum and synovial fluid (SF) of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA), and determined whether mast cells express CD153 in the ..
- Effects of bee venom on protease activities and free radical damages in synovial fluid from type II collagen-induced rheumatoid arthritis ratsSeok-Jong Suh
Molecular and Cellular Glycobiology Unit, Department of Biological Science, Sungkyunkwan University, 300 Chunchun-Dong, Jangan-gu, Suwon City, Kyunggi 440-746, Republic of Korea
Toxicol In Vitro 20:1465-71. 2006..together with the levels of free radical-induced protein damage (determined as protein carbonyl derivative) in synovial fluid from CIA-treated, BVA-treated and normal rats...
- "ChilDrive": a technique of combining regional cutaneous hypothermia with iontophoresis for the delivery of drugs to synovial fluidSrinivasa M Sammeta
Department of Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, The University of Mississippi, University, Mississippi 38677, USA
Pharm Res 26:2535-40. 2009Bioavailability of drugs in the synovial fluid when administered via transdermal route is highly limited due to the dermal clearance...
- Systemic levels of IL-23 are strongly associated with disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis but not spondyloarthritisLode Melis
Department of Rheumatology, Ghent University Hospital, Belgium
Ann Rheum Dis 69:618-23. 2010..This study aimed to evaluate the role of Th17-associated cytokines in spondyloarthritis pathogenesis by measuring their levels in the joints and circulation as well as correlating them with disease activity parameters...
- Serum and synovial fluid concentrations of CCL2 (MCP-1) chemokine in patients suffering rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis reflect disease activityA Stankovic
Institute for Prevention and Treatment of Rheumatic Diseases, Niska Banja, Serbia
Bratisl Lek Listy 110:641-6. 2009To determine serum and synovial fluid (SF) concentrations of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) or CCL2 chemokine, in patients suffering (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA) and to correlate the values to disease activity, and other ..
- Increased levels of soluble cytokine receptors in the synovial fluid of temporomandibular joint disorders in relation to joint effusion on magnetic resonance imagesKeiseki Kaneyama
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa, Japan
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 68:1088-93. 2010..of joint effusion (JE) on T2-weighted magnetic resonance images of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) in comparison to various soluble cytokine receptors in the synovial fluid of patients with temporomandibular disorders (TMDs).
- Plasma and synovial fluid concentrations of nimesulide and its main metabolite after a single or repeated oral administration in patients with knee osteoarthritisM Bianchi
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Int Med Res 34:348-54. 2006The aim of this study was to evaluate plasma and synovial fluid concentrations of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug nimesulide and its major metabolite (hydroxynimesulide, M1), after a single 100 mg dose of nimesulide and a ..
- Molecular heterogeneity of the SHAP-hyaluronan complex. Isolation and characterization of the complex in synovial fluid from patients with rheumatoid arthritisWannarat Yingsung
Institute for Molecular Science of Medicine and Matrix Glycoconjugate Group, Research Center for Infectious Disease, Aichi Medical University, Nagakute, Aichi 480-1195, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:32710-8. 2003..the heavy chains of inter-alpha-trypsin inhibitor family molecules, with hyaluronan (HA) is accumulated in synovial fluid of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and the complex is circulated in patient plasma at high concentrations...
- Clinical significance of cytokine determination in synovial fluidLeonardo Punzi
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 39:63-88. 2002..In keeping with their role, the determination of cytokines in synovial fluid may be proposed for clinical purposes, including diagnostic and prognostic assessments...
- Application of a novel protein biochip technology for detection and identification of rheumatoid arthritis biomarkers in synovial fluidTakafumi Uchida
Department of Pathology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, Tohoku University, Aoba, Sendai, Miyagi, Japan
J Proteome Res 1:495-9. 2002We compared protein profiles of the synovial fluid of patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis by using surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry technology...
- Serum and synovial fluid concentrations of matrix metalloproteinases 3 and its tissue inhibitor 1 in juvenile idiopathic arthritidesMarco Gattorno
2nd Division of Pediatrics, G Gaslini Institute for Children, Genoa, Italy
J Rheumatol 29:826-31. 2002..We investigated serum and synovial fluid (SF) concentrations of MMP-3 and its tissue inhibitor (TIMP-1) in juvenile idiopathic arthritides (JIA).
- Relation between interleukin-18 and PGE2 in synovial fluid of osteoarthritis: a potential therapeutic target of cartilage degradationHiroyuki Futani
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Hyogo College of Medicine, Hyogo, Japan
J Immunother 25:S61-4. 2002..We determined the relation between IL-18 and PGE2 in synovial fluid (SF) of human OA, and discussed the role of IL-18 in the pathogenesis of OA and also its therapeutic ..
- Alternatively spliced EDA-containing fibronectin in synovial fluid as a predictor of rheumatoid joint destructionK Shiozawa
Department of Medicine and Rheumatology, Kakogawa Konan Hospital, Japan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 40:739-42. 2001..METHODS: Total Fn and EDA(+)Fn were measured by ELISA, and the concentrations of Fn in plasma and synovial fluid were compared prospectively for 2 yr with the progression of joint destruction in 41 knee joints of 37 ..
- Delayed neutrophil apoptosis induced by synovial fluid in rheumatoid arthritis: role of cytokines, estrogens, and adenosineLuciano Ottonello
Division of Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Specialities, University of Genova, I 16132 Genova, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 966:226-31. 2002..Eight of eleven samples of RA synovial fluid studied were found to inhibit spontaneous and immune complex-stimulated neutrophil apoptosis...
- Ultrasound guidance allows accurate needle placement and aspiration from small joints in patients with early inflammatory arthritisK Raza
MRC Centre for Immune Regulation, Division of Immunity and Infection, The University of Birmingham, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:976-9. 2003To compare the accuracy of palpation-guided and high frequency ultrasound-guided needle placement in small joints and to develop a technique to obtain synovial fluid from these joints for diagnosis and research.
- Low density lipoprotein of synovial fluid in inflammatory joint disease is mildly oxidizedM J James
Rheumatology Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, SA, Australia
Lipids 33:1115-21. 1998..LDL was isolated from knee joint synovial fluid (SF) from subjects with inflammatory arthropathies and also from matched plasma samples...
- Pharmacokinetics of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in synovial fluidR O Day
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, St Vincent s Hospital, New South Wales, Australia
Clin Pharmacokinet 36:191-210. 1999..of NSAIDs in the synovium and most studies have involved the measurement of their concentrations in synovial fluid. The concentrations of NSAIDs are more sustained in synovial fluid than in plasma, the difference being ..
- Decline after immobilisation and recovery after remobilisation of synovial fluid IL1, TIMP, and chondroitin sulphate levels in young beagle dogsJ Haapala
Department of Surgery, Kuopio University Hospital, Finland
Ann Rheum Dis 60:55-60. 2001To monitor the concentration of markers of cartilage and synovium metabolism in the knee (stifle) joint synovial fluid of young beagles subjected to immobilisation and subsequent remobilisation.
- Gross synovial fluid analysis in the differential diagnosis of joint effusionS Abdullah
Department of Rheumatology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, Gateshead, UK
J Clin Pathol 60:1144-7. 2007To develop an objective and easy to complete standardised questionnaire for documentation of synovial fluid (SF) gross appearance and use it in the assessment of patients presenting to the rheumatology service with a joint effusion.
- Distinct expression of mast cell tryptase and protease activated receptor-2 in synovia of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritisShunji Nakano
Department of Orthopedics, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, 3 18 15 Kuramoto, and Department of Internal Medicine, Hakuai Kinen Hospital, Tokushima, 770 8503, Japan
Clin Rheumatol 26:1284-92. 2007..expression of mast cell tryptase and its receptor, protease-activated receptor-2 (PAR-2), in the synovium and synovial fluid of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and osteoarthritis (OA)...
- [Inhibition of cardiolipin binding antibodies from synovial fluids of patients with arthritis by endotoxin]Jakub Zabek
Instytut Reumatologii im. prof. dr hab. med. Eleonory Reicher w Warszawie,
Pol Arch Med Wewn 115:447-51. 2006....
- Studies on serum YKL-40 as a biomarker in diseases with inflammation, tissue remodelling, fibroses and cancerJulia S Johansen
Department of Rheumatology, Hvidovre and Herlev Hospitals, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Dan Med Bull 53:172-209. 2006
- Characterization and functional consequences of underexpression of clusterin in rheumatoid arthritisValerie Devauchelle
Institut Cochin, Departement d Immunologie, 27 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
J Immunol 177:6471-9. 2006..We propose that in RA joints, high levels of extracellular CLU and low expression of intracellular CLU may enhance NF-kappaB activation and survival of the synoviocytes...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha induces vascular endothelial growth factor-C expression in rheumatoid synoviocytesHoon Suk Cha
Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Rheumatol 34:16-9. 2007To determine the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor-C (VEGF-C) in the synovial fluid of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and to investigate the regulation of VEGF-C production by major proinflammatory cytokines in ..
- Beneficial effect of galectin 9 on rheumatoid arthritis by induction of apoptosis of synovial fibroblastsMasako Seki
Department of Immunology and Immunopathology, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, 1750 1 Ikenobe, Miki cho, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
Arthritis Rheum 56:3968-76. 2007..To compare the expression of galectin 9 (Gal-9) in synovial tissue (ST) from rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients and osteoarthritis (OA) patients and to evaluate the effects of Gal-9 on fibroblast-like synoviocytes (FLS) in these patients...
- Expression of CXCR-1 and CXCR-2 chemokine receptors on synovial neutrophils in inflammatory arthritides: does persistent or increasing expression of CXCR-2 contribute to the chronic inflammation or erosive changes?Salih Pay
Division of Rheumatology of Department of Medicine, Gulhane Military School of Medicine, Etlik Ankara 06018 Turkey
Joint Bone Spine 73:691-6. 2006To analyze the CXCR-1 and CXCR-2 chemokine receptor expression on peripheral blood neutrophils (PBN) and synovial fluid neutrophils (SFN) of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and Behçet's disease (BD) (characterized by erosive and ..
- Monocyte chemoattractant protein-4 (MCP-4)/CCL13 is highly expressed in cartilage from patients with rheumatoid arthritisT Iwamoto
Institute of Rheumatology, Tokyo Women's Medical University, 10-22 Kawada-cho, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162-0054, Japan
Rheumatology (Oxford) 45:421-4. 2006..in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), we analysed the expression of MCP-4/CCL13 in chondrocytes, synovial fluid and serum from patients with RA and investigated the effect of MCP-4/CCL13 on the proliferation of synovial ..
- Elevated angiogenin levels in synovial fluid from patients with inflammatory arthritis and secretion of angiogenin by cultured synovial fibroblastsF Liote
Centre Viggo Petersen, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Clin Exp Immunol 132:163-8. 2003..To look for evidence that angiogenin is involved in inflammatory joint disease, we examined plasma and synovial fluid (SF) samples from rheumatology patients and synovial fibroblast cell culture supernatants...
- Extravasation into synovial tissue induces CCL20 mRNA expression in polymorphonuclear neutrophils of patients with rheumatoid arthritisJudith Schlenk
Institute for Clinical Microbiology, Immunology and Hygiene, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
J Rheumatol 32:2291-8. 2005..macrophage inflammatory protein-3a (CCL20/Mip-3alpha) in blood polymorphonuclear neutrophils (PMN) and synovial fluid (SF) PMN of patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA)...
- CHRONIC LYME ARTHRITIS--IS THIS AUTOIMMUNITY?Brigitte Huber; Fiscal Year: 2000..If double-reactive hybridomas are identified, the antigenic epitopes will be mapped; (b) synovial fluid T cells from chronic Lyme patients will be transformed and tested at the single-cell level for reactivity to ..
- Cytokine pathways and orofacial painKe Ren; Fiscal Year: 2006..cytokines in orofacial pain mechanisms, despite the findings that some cytokines are found in the synovial fluid of arthritic but not in healthy TMJs...
- Electroporation and transcutaneous extraction of drugsSATHYANARAYANA MURTHY; Fiscal Year: 2006..The ibuprofen levels in the dermal ECF correlated well with that in the synovial fluid. Similarly the concentration of unbound cefpodoxime in the dermal ECF correlated well with its concentration ..
- Cross-talk Between Coagulation, Inflammation, and ImmunityLawrence L Leung; Fiscal Year: 2010..We showed markedly elevated levels of OPN-R and its CPB-cleaved product, OPN-Leu (OPN-L), in synovial fluid samples from rheumatoid arthritis patients and these cleaved OPN forms affect neutrophils and fibroblast-like ..
- GAMMA DELTA T CELLS IN LYME ARTHRITISRalph Budd; Fiscal Year: 2009..A significant proportion of the lymphocytes that accumulate in Lyme arthritis synovial fluid are gamma/delta (??? T cells of the Vd1 subset...
- GAMMA DELTA T CELLS IN LYME ARTHRITISRalph C Budd; Fiscal Year: 2010..A significant proportion of the lymphocytes that accumulate in Lyme arthritis synovial fluid are gamma/delta (??? T cells of the Vd1 subset...
- Role of Stress-Response Protein gp96 in the Persistence of Rheumatoid ArthritisRichard Pope; Fiscal Year: 2009..RA synovial M&s through TLR ligation will be greater than observed with normal M&s or those from the synovial fluid of patients with other forms of inflammatory arthritis (OIA) such as psoriatic arthritis, while the activation ..
- Role of Stress-Response Protein gp96 in the Persistence of Rheumatoid ArthritisRichard M Pope; Fiscal Year: 2010..RA synovial M&s through TLR ligation will be greater than observed with normal M&s or those from the synovial fluid of patients with other forms of inflammatory arthritis (OIA) such as psoriatic arthritis, while the activation ..
- IMMUNOPROBES FOR LUBRICIN FROM HUMAN SYNOVIAL FLUIDGregory Jay; Fiscal Year: 2003..use molecular techniques, standardize merchanical assays and assign clinical importance to lubrication by synovial fluid. This investigation addresses the molecular of synovial lubrication of animal joints...
- METALLOPROTEINASES IN AGING AND OSTEOARTHRITISVirginia Kraus; Fiscal Year: 2002..polarized light microscopy, urinary and plasma pyridinoline and deoxypyridinoline cross-links, and synovial fluid MMP activity...
- Pathogenesis of Borrelia burgdorferi induced arthritisLinden Hu; Fiscal Year: 2006..We have found evidence that MMPs are elevated in the synovial fluid of patients with Lyme arthritis...
- Novel Therapies and Biomarkers for the MucopolysaccharidosesCALOGERA MARIA SIMONARO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 2 will explore the use of plasma and synovial fluid as sources of biomarkers for the MPS disorders by a) obtaining these materials from MPS VI cats of various ..
- GAMMA DELTA T CELLS IN LYME ARTHRITISRalph Budd; Fiscal Year: 2005..Preliminary studies show that gamma delta T cells of the V delta 1 subset accumulate in Lyme arthritis synovial fluid (1 0-15 percent) and proliferate vigorously in response to lipidated but not delipidated Borrelia proteins in ..
- Mechanisms of Articular Cartilage LubricationRobert Sah; Fiscal Year: 2007..mechanisms, in particular the molecular basis for boundary-mode lubrication of articular cartilage by synovial fluid. The overall hypothesis to be tested is that boundary lubrication of articular cartilage occurs via ..
- OPTICAL TOMOGRAPHY FOR THE DIAGNOSIS OF JOINT DISEASESANDREAS HIELSCHER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The initial hypothesis that changes in the synovial fluid provide optical contrast appeared to be true, however, the clinical results suggest a more complex scenario as ..
- NEW TECHNIQUES IN DIAGNOSING OSTEOARTHRITISCathy Carlson; Fiscal Year: 1999..The specific aims are: 1) to determine whether synovial fluid levels of proteoglycan epitopes that are anabolic (recognized by monoclonal antibodies 3B3 and 7D4) or ..
- Mechanisms of Articular Cartilage LubricationRobert L Sah; Fiscal Year: 2010..mechanisms, in particular the molecular basis for boundary-mode lubrication of articular cartilage by synovial fluid. The overall hypothesis to be tested is that boundary lubrication of articular cartilage occurs via ..
- NUCLEIC ACID-BASED DIAGNOSTIC PROBES FOR LYME DISEASEIra Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2004..burgdorferi in skin, blood, and synovial fluid was achieved...
- NUCLEIC ACID-BASED DIANOSTIC PROBES FOR LYME DISEASEIra Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 1993..will be sensitive enough to detect <10 spirochetes in a small volume of clinical specimen (serum, urine, synovial fluid) and also have absolute specificity for B. burgdorferi to the exclusion of other microorganisms...