Genomes and Genes
Summary: The hormone-responsive glandular layer of ENDOMETRIUM that sloughs off at each menstrual flow (decidua menstrualis) or at the termination of pregnancy. During pregnancy, the thickest part of the decidua forms the maternal portion of the PLACENTA, thus named decidua placentalis. The thin portion of the decidua covering the rest of the embryo is the decidua capsularis.
Publications266 found, 100 shown here
- WNT4 is a key regulator of normal postnatal uterine development and progesterone signaling during embryo implantation and decidualization in the mouseHeather L Franco
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
FASEB J 25:1176-87. 2011..Thus, WNT4 is a critical regulator not only of proper postnatal uterine development, but also embryo implantation and decidualization...
- Multiple female reproductive failures in cyclooxygenase 2-deficient miceH Lim
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160, USA
Cell 91:197-208. 1997....
- Macrophages infiltrate the human and rat decidua during term and preterm labor: evidence that decidual inflammation precedes laborSarah Hamilton
Maternal and Fetal Health Research Centre, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 86:39. 2012..We hypothesized that inflammatory events in decidua (the maternal-fetal interface), characterized by leucocyte infiltration, are an early event during term and ..
- Leukocyte density and pro-inflammatory cytokine expression in human fetal membranes, decidua, cervix and myometrium before and during labour at termInass Osman
University of Glasgow, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 3rd Floor, Queen Elizabeth Building, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, 10 Alexandra Parade, UK
Mol Hum Reprod 9:41-5. 2003..this study were to quantify and compare the leukocyte subpopulations before and during labour in fetal membranes, decidua and cervix and to quantify and compare mRNA expression of interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta), IL-6, IL-8 and tumour ..
- Decidual NK cells regulate key developmental processes at the human fetal-maternal interfaceJacob Hanna
The Lautenberg Center for General and Tumor Immunology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Nat Med 12:1065-74. 2006Human CD56(bright) NK cells accumulate in the maternal decidua during pregnancy and are found in direct contact with fetal trophoblasts...
- Decidualization of the human endometrium: mechanisms, functions, and clinical perspectivesBirgit Gellersen
Endokrinologikum Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
Semin Reprod Med 25:445-53. 2007The fetomaternal interface, consisting of the maternal decidua and the invading fetal trophoblast, critically regulates placental function and the growth and development of the conceptus...
- Natural selection of human embryos: impaired decidualization of endometrium disables embryo-maternal interactions and causes recurrent pregnancy lossMadhuri Salker
Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10287. 2010....
- Human decidual natural killer cells are a unique NK cell subset with immunomodulatory potentialLouise A Koopman
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Exp Med 198:1201-12. 2003Natural killer cells constitute 50-90% of lymphocytes in human uterine decidua in early pregnancy...
- Decidual and peripheral blood CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in early pregnancy subjects and spontaneous abortion casesY Sasaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, 2630 Sugitani, Toyama shi, Toyama, 930 0194, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 10:347-53. 2004..In this study, we show that early human pregnancy decidua contains an abundance of CD4(+)CD25(bright) T cells, which express CD152(CTLA-4) at a high level...
- HLA-G expressing DC-10 and CD4(+) T cells accumulate in human decidua during pregnancyGiada Amodio
San Raffaele Telethon Institute for Gene Therapy, Division of Regenerative Medicine, Stem Cells and Gene Therapy, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy
Hum Immunol 74:406-11. 2013..We investigated the presence of DC-10 and HLA-G-expressing CD4(+) T cells in human decidua in the first trimester of pregnancy...
- Isolation and cellular properties of mesenchymal cells derived from the decidua of human term placentaDaisuke Kanematsu
Department of Regenerative Medicine, Institute for Clinical Research, Osaka National Hospital, National Hospital Organization, 2 1 14 Hoenzaka, Chuo Ku, Osaka 540 0006, Japan
Differentiation 82:77-88. 2011..In this study, we isolated plastic-adherent cells from human term decidua vera, called decidua-derived-mesenchymal cells (DMCs), and compared their properties with those of bone marrow-..
- Review: Functional role of uterine natural killer (uNK) cells in human early pregnancy deciduaG E Lash
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Placenta 31:S87-92. 2010..Herein we review the functional roles of this important decidual cell type...
- Chemokine gene silencing in decidual stromal cells limits T cell access to the maternal-fetal interfacePatrice Nancy
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Science 336:1317-21. 2012..We show in mice that effector T cells cannot accumulate within the decidua, the specialized stromal tissue encapsulating the fetus and placenta...
- A transcriptional profile of the decidua in preeclampsiaMari Løset
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Am J Obstet Gynecol 204:84.e1-27. 2011We sought to obtain insight into possible mechanisms underlying preeclampsia using genomewide transcriptional profiling in decidua basalis.
- Endometrial decidualization: of mice and menCyril Y Ramathal
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
Semin Reprod Med 28:17-26. 2010....
- Infertility in female mice lacking the receptor for interleukin 11 is due to a defective uterine response to implantationL Robb
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, Cooperative Research Centre for Cellular Growth Factors, Victoria, Australia
Nat Med 4:303-8. 1998..embryo, the surrounding uterine stroma undergoes a dramatic transformation into a specialized tissue known as the decidua. The decidua encapsulates the developing embryo, facilitating nutrient transfer and limiting trophoblast invasion...
- Prokineticin 1 signaling and gene regulation in early human pregnancyJemma Evans
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, The Queen s Medical Research Institute, Edinburgh EH16 4TJ, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 149:2877-87. 2008..PROK1 and PROKR1 expression is significantly elevated in first-trimester decidua, compared with nonpregnant endometrium...
- Interferon gamma contributes to initiation of uterine vascular modification, decidual integrity, and uterine natural killer cell maturation during normal murine pregnancyA A Ashkar
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Exp Med 192:259-70. 2000..to initiate normal pregnancy-induced modification of decidual arteries and display hypocellularity or necrosis of decidua. To investigate the functions of uNK cell-derived IFN-gamma during pregnancy, RAG-2(-/)-gamma(c)(-/)- females ..
- Wnt signalling in implantation, decidualisation and placental differentiation--reviewS Sonderegger
Prince Henry s Institute of Medical Research, Clayton, Victoria, Australia
Placenta 31:839-47. 2010..Hence, much remains to be learned about the role of different Wnt signalling cascades in reproductive cell types and their changes under pathological conditions...
- Invasion of the leukocytes into the fetal-maternal interface during pregnancyNardhy Gomez-Lopez
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Universityof Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Leukoc Biol 88:625-33. 2010..In this review, we discuss leukocyte infiltration and recruitment and the potential roles of each subpopulation of leukocytes in relation to pregnancy and the problems of preterm birth, pre-eclampsia, and intrauterine growth restriction...
- Gene expression profiling of human decidual macrophages: evidence for immunosuppressive phenotypeCharlotte Gustafsson
Division of Clinical Immunology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
PLoS ONE 3:e2078. 2008..Although uterine macrophages are thought to play an important regulatory role at the maternal-fetal interface, their global gene expression profile is not known...
- Evidence for a selective migration of fetus-specific CD4+CD25bright regulatory T cells from the peripheral blood to the decidua in human pregnancyTamara Tilburgs
Department of Immunohematology and Blood Transfusion, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Immunol 180:5737-45. 2008..These data suggest a preferential recruitment of fetus-specific regulatory T cells from maternal peripheral blood to the fetal-maternal interface, where they may contribute to the local regulation of fetus-specific responses...
- FOXP3+ regulatory T cells and T helper 1, T helper 2, and T helper 17 cells in human early pregnancy deciduaJenny Mjösberg
Unit for Autoimmunity and Immune Regulation, Division of Clinical Immunology, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Biol Reprod 82:698-705. 2010In pregnancy, the decidua is infiltrated by leukocytes promoting fetal development without causing immunological rejection. Murine regulatory T (Treg) cells are known to be important immune regulators at this site...
- Estrogen regulates amiloride-binding protein 1 through CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein-beta in mouse uterus during embryo implantation and decidualizationXiao Huan Liang
Key Laboratory of the Ministry of Education for Cell Biology and Tumor Cell Engineering, School of Life Science, Xiamen University, Xiamen 361005, China
Endocrinology 151:5007-16. 2010..In this study, we first showed that Abp1 is strongly expressed in the decidua on d 5-8 of pregnancy...
- The immunomodulatory roles of macrophages at the maternal-fetal interfaceTakeshi Nagamatsu
Division of Perinatal Research, Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Missouri Columbia, Missouri 65201, USA
Reprod Sci 17:209-18. 2010..In the uterine decidua, macrophages represent a major leukocyte subset throughout pregnancy...
- The unique properties of uterine NK cellsIrit Manaster
The Lautenberg Center for General and Tumor Immunology, The Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, IMRIC, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Reprod Immunol 63:434-44. 2010..We further discuss the origin of decidual NK cells and suggest several possibilities that might explain their accumulation in the decidua during pregnancy.
- Uterine-specific p53 deficiency confers premature uterine senescence and promotes preterm birth in miceYasushi Hirota
The Perinatal Institute, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio, USA
J Clin Invest 120:803-15. 2010..Taken together, our observations underscore what we believe to be a new critical role of uterine p53 in parturition...
- Cellular and molecular responses of the uterus to embryo implantation can be elicited by locally applied growth factorsB C Paria
Department of Pediatrics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Ralph L Smith Research Center, Kansas City, KS 66160 7338, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:1047-52. 2001..Significantly, beads containing BMP-2 do not themselves elicit an implantation response but affect the spacing of implantation sites induced by blastocysts cotransferred with the beads...
- Disordered IL-33/ST2 activation in decidualizing stromal cells prolongs uterine receptivity in women with recurrent pregnancy lossMadhuri S Salker
Division of Reproductive Health, Warwick Medical School, Clinical Sciences Research Laboratories, University Hospital, Coventry, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e52252. 2012..Failure to constrain this response predisposes to miscarriage by allowing out-of-phase implantation in an unsupportive uterine environment...
- MIC-1 (a multifunctional modulator of dendritic cell phenotype and function) is produced by decidual stromal cells and trophoblastsS E Segerer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Wuerzburg, Josef Schneider Straße 4, Wuerzburg D 97080, Germany
Hum Reprod 27:200-9. 2012..So far, little is known about the decidual cell subsets producing MIC-1 and the effect of this cytokine on dendritic cells (DCs), which are known to play a distinct role in the development of pro-fetal tolerance in pregnancy...
- Immunolocalization of proinflammatory cytokines in myometrium, cervix, and fetal membranes during human parturition at termAnne Young
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Queen Elizabeth Building, Glasgow Royal Infirmary, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G31 2ER, United Kingdom
Biol Reprod 66:445-9. 2002..In fetal membranes, IL-1beta localized to leukocytes and to the stromal cells of the decidua. In myometrium, IL-6, IL-8, and TNFalpha were restricted to leukocytes, which were present in greater numbers in ..
- Decidualization and angiogenesis in early pregnancy: unravelling the functions of DC and NK cellsSandra M Blois
Charité Centrum 12 für Innere Medizin und Dermatologie, Reproductive Immunology Research Group, University Medicine of Berlin, Germany
J Reprod Immunol 88:86-92. 2011..Thus, successful implantation appears to result from an interplay between cellular components of the decidualizing endometrium involving immunoregulatory and pro-angiogenic functions of DC and NK cells...
- The CXCL12/CXCR4 axis is involved in the maintenance of Th2 bias at the maternal/fetal interface in early human pregnancyHai Lan Piao
Laboratory for Reproductive Immunology, Hospital and Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Fudan University Shanghai Medical College, Shanghai 200011, China
Cell Mol Immunol 9:423-30. 2012..Our present study has elucidated the individual contributions of component cells to the shaping of Th2 bias, and uncovered a complicated cross-talk via the CXCL12/CXCR4 signal at the maternal/fetal interface in early human pregnancy...
- De novo synthesis of estrogen in pregnant uterus is critical for stromal decidualization and angiogenesisAmrita Das
Center for Research in Reproduction and Infertility, and Department of Veterinary Biosciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61802, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:12542-7. 2009..Collectively, these studies identified the decidual uterus as a novel site of E biosynthesis and uncovered E-regulated maternal signaling pathways that critically control uterine differentiation and angiogenesis during early pregnancy...
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription-3 (Stat3) plays a critical role in implantation via progesterone receptor in uterusJae Hee Lee
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, 333 Bostwick Ave NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, USA
FASEB J 27:2553-63. 2013..Our results suggest that STAT3 and PR crosstalk is required for successful implantation in the mouse uterus...
- Pericellular matrix of decidua-derived mesenchymal cells: a potent human-derived substrate for the maintenance culture of human ES cellsTomoko Nagase
Organogenesis and Neurogenesis Group, Center for Developmental Biology, RIKEN, Kobe, Japan
Dev Dyn 238:1118-30. 2009..In this report, we show that the pericellular matrix prepared from human decidua-derived mesenchymal cells (PCM-DM) is a potent substrate material that supports the growth and pluripotency of ..
- Glucocorticoid receptor mediates the effect of progesterone on uterine natural killer cellsWei Guo
Immunology and Reproduction Biology Lab, Medical School and State Key Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Nanjing University, China
Am J Reprod Immunol 67:463-73. 2012..Uterine natural killer cells (uNK) do not express progesterone receptor, but express glucocorticoid receptor (GR). So, we speculate that progesterone may regulate uNK cells through a GR-mediated process...
- Human decidua and invasive trophoblasts are rich sources of nearly all human matrix metalloproteinasesJelena Anacker
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital of Wurzburg, Germany
Mol Hum Reprod 17:637-52. 2011..There is evidence for the expression of several MMPs and TIMPs in decidua. However, published data are limited...
- The postimplantation embryo differentially regulates endometrial gene expression and decidualizationAki Kashiwagi
Vincent Center for Reproductive Biology, Vincent Obstetrics and Gynecology Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Thier Research Building, Room 931, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Endocrinology 148:4173-84. 2007..05) were differentially expressed by at least 1.2-fold in the uterine decidua of pregnancy...
- IFPA Gabor Than Award lecture: Transformation of the spiral arteries in human pregnancy: key events in the remodelling timelineL K Harris
Maternal and Fetal Health Research Group, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Placenta 32:S154-8. 2011..Parallels with remodelling events occurring in other vascular beds will also be drawn...
- IFPA Meeting 2010 Workshops Report II: Placental pathology; trophoblast invasion; fetal sex; parasites and the placenta; decidua and embryonic or fetal loss; trophoblast differentiation and syncytialisationA Al-Khan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Placenta 32:S90-9. 2011..5. The decidua and embryonic/fetal loss workshop focused on key regulatory mediators in the decidua, embryo and fetus and how ..
- The small proteoglycan biglycan is associated with thick collagen fibrils in the mouse deciduaS San Martin
Laboratory of Biology of Reproduction, Department of Histology and Embryology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, 05508 900 Sao Paulo, SP Brazil
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 49:673-8. 2003..These results strongly indicate that biglycan plays a role in collagen fibrillogenesis and probably participates in the determination of collagen fibril thickness in the mouse decidua.
- Decidual endothelial cells express surface-bound C1q as a molecular bridge between endovascular trophoblast and decidual endotheliumRoberta Bulla
Department of Physiology and Pathology, University of Trieste, Via Fleming 22, 34127, Trieste, Italy
Mol Immunol 45:2629-40. 2008....
- Trophoblast- and vascular smooth muscle cell-derived MMP-12 mediates elastolysis during uterine spiral artery remodelingLynda K Harris
Maternal and Fetal Health Research Centre, University of Manchester, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 177:2103-15. 2010....
- Two unique human decidual macrophage populationsBrandy L Houser
Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Immunol 186:2633-42. 2011..also differ from CD11c(LO) dMs in their ability to process protein Ag and are likely to be the major APCs in the decidua. Moreover, these populations each secrete both proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory cytokines that may ..
- The effect of pregnancy on the uterine NK cell KIR repertoireVictoria Male
Department of Pathology and Centre for Trophoblast Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Immunol 41:3017-27. 2011The major leukocyte population in the decidua during the first trimester of pregnancy consists of NK cells that express receptors capable of recognizing MHC class I molecules expressed by placental trophoblast...
- Killer Ig-like receptor expression in uterine NK cells is biased toward recognition of HLA-C and alters with gestational ageAndrew M Sharkey
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
J Immunol 181:39-46. 2008..KIR specific for HLA-C are expressed at higher levels and on an increased proportion of NK cells in the human decidua compared with blood...
- Matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP9) expression in preeclamptic decidua and MMP9 induction by tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin 1 beta in human first trimester decidual cellsCharles J Lockwood
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Biol Reprod 78:1064-72. 2008Extravillous trophoblasts (EVTs) invade human decidua via sequential integrin-mediated binding and proteolysis of basement membrane proteins in the extracellular matrix (ECM)...
- Galectin fingerprinting in human endometrium and decidua during the menstrual cycle and in early gestationM von Wolff
Department of Gynecological Endocrinology and Reproductive Medicine, Universitatsklinikum Heidelberg, Vossstrasse 9, 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Hum Reprod 11:189-94. 2005..e. galectins. Comprehensive fingerprinting was performed on samples throughout the menstrual cycle and in decidua. The endometrium (n = 30) and decidua (n = 7) were collected from patients undergoing hysterectomy for benign ..
- Stromal cells from endometriotic lesions and endometrium from women with endometriosis have reduced decidualization capacityPetra A B Klemmt
Nuffield Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Women s Centre, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 85:564-72. 2006..To evaluate the phenotype, proliferative, and differentiation capacities in vitro of stromal cells derived from peritoneal, ovarian, and deeply infiltrating endometriosis...
- Review: Trophoblast-vascular cell interactions in early pregnancy: how to remodel a vesselL K Harris
Maternal and Fetal Health Research Group, University of Manchester, Research 5th floor, St Mary s Hospital, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9WL, UK
Placenta 31:S93-8. 2010During the first twenty weeks of human pregnancy, extravillous trophoblasts (EVT) colonise the decidua and remodel the uterine spiral arteries as far as the first third of the myometrium...
- Evidence for immune cell involvement in decidual spiral arteriole remodeling in early human pregnancySamantha D Smith
Maternal and Fetal Health Research Group, Research Floor, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, UK
Am J Pathol 174:1959-71. 2009..b>Decidua basalis samples (8 to 12 weeks gestation) were examined by immunohistochemistry to elucidate associations between ..
- CXCL12 expression by invasive trophoblasts induces the specific migration of CD16- human natural killer cellsJacob Hanna
The Lautenberg Center for General and Tumor Immunology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, 91120, Israel
Blood 102:1569-77. 2003In the maternal decidua, natural killer (NK) cells, characterized by lack of CD16, are found in direct contact with the fetal extravillous trophoblasts (EVTs)...
- Bmp2 is critical for the murine uterine decidual responseKevin Y Lee
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:5468-78. 2007..Taken together, these data demonstrate that Bmp2 is a critical regulator of gene expression and function in the murine uterus...
- The fundamental role of increased production of nitric oxide in lipopolysaccharide-induced embryonic resorption in miceD G Ogando
Centro de Estudios Farmacologicos y Botanicos, Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas, Serrano 669, Capital Federal, 1414MEM, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reproduction 125:95-110. 2003..This increase was due to the induction of expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) isoform in the decidua and uterus, and neuronal nitric oxide synthase (nNOS) isoform in the decidua, as detected by western blot ..
- A homodimeric complex of HLA-G on normal trophoblast cells modulates antigen-presenting cells via LILRB1Richard Apps
Department of Pathology, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK
Eur J Immunol 37:1924-37. 2007..individuals, the non-classical MHC molecule HLA-G is only expressed on fetal trophoblast cells that invade the decidua during placentation...
- Proportion of peripheral blood and decidual CD4(+) CD25(bright) regulatory T cells in pre-eclampsiaY Sasaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 149:139-45. 2007..These findings suggest that a decreased number of T(reg) cells was present in pre-eclampsia, and these changes might break the maternal tolerance to the fetus...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor C facilitates immune tolerance and endovascular activity of human uterine NK cells at the maternal-fetal interfaceSatyan S Kalkunte
Department of Pediatrics, Women and Infants Hospital Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02905, USA
J Immunol 182:4085-92. 2009..Overall, these results demonstrate that empowerment of uNK cells with angiogenic factors keeps them noncytotoxic. This phenotype is critical to their pregnancy-compatible immunovascular role during placentation and fetal development...
- Proportional change of CD4+CD25+ regulatory T cells in decidua and peripheral blood in unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion patientsHui Yang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Fertil Steril 89:656-61. 2008To investigate the proportional changes of CD4(+)CD25(+) regulatory T cells in peripheral blood and decidua in unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortion (URSA) and normal pregnant (NP) women.
- Isolation of mesenchymal stem cells from human placental decidua basalis and resistance to hypoxia and serum deprivationYong Can Huang
Division of Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, 610041, People s Republic of China
Stem Cell Rev 5:247-55. 2009..We herein report the isolation of a population of stem cells from the human placental decidua basalis (termed as PDB-MSCs), a maternal portion of placenta...
- Macrophages and apoptotic cell clearance during pregnancyVikki M Abrahams
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Reprod Immunol 51:275-82. 2004During implantation, apoptosis is critical for the appropriate tissue remodeling of the maternal decidua and invasion of the developing embryo, yet the regulation of apoptosis is also imperative for a successful pregnancy...
- When killers become helpersJacob Hanna
The Lautenberg Center for General and Tumor Immunology, The Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
Trends Immunol 28:201-6. 2007..Such functions include promoting placental tissue development, antigen presentation and stimulation of T cells, priming of macrophages and dendritic cells, reducing transplant tissue rejection and several others...
- Human decidual NK cells form immature activating synapses and are not cytotoxicHernan D Kopcow
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:15563-8. 2005..However, in contrast to peripheral NK cells, they failed to polarize their microtubule organizing centers and perforin-containing granules to the synapse, accounting for their lack of cytotoxicity...
- Phenotypic characterization of regulatory T cells in the human deciduaJ Heikkinen
Department of Medical Microbiology, Turku Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Turku University, Finland
Clin Exp Immunol 136:373-8. 2004..We have studied and identified a CD4+CD25+ regulatory T (Treg) cell population isolated from the human decidua. This mucosal surface in the uterus is in direct contact with semiallogenic fetal cells...
- In vitro secretion profile of pro-inflammatory cytokines IL-1β, TNF-α, IL-6, and of human beta-defensins (HBD)-1, HBD-2, and HBD-3 from human chorioamniotic membranes after selective stimulation with Gardnerella vaginalisVeronica Zaga-Clavellina
Cell Biology Department, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, Mexico City, Mexico
Am J Reprod Immunol 67:34-43. 2012..Preterm labor associated with infection is a major clinical condition; in this work, we analyze the response of human chorioamniotic membranes stimulated with Gardnerella vaginalis...
- Differential expression and activation of Stat3 during mouse embryo implantation and decidualizationChun Bo Teng
College of Life Sciences, Northeast Agricultural University, Harbin, China
Mol Reprod Dev 69:1-10. 2004..Our data suggest that Stat3 phosphorylation may be important for mouse embryo implantation and decidualization, and may also be regulated by maternal estrogen...
- A novel immortalized human endometrial stromal cell line with normal progestational responseGraciela Krikun
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, P O Box 208063, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8063, USA
Endocrinology 145:2291-6. 2004..In summary, an immortalized HESC line has been developed that is karyotypically, morphologically, and phenotypically similar to the primary parent cells, and it is a powerful and consistent resource for in vitro work...
- Osteopontin: roles in implantation and placentationGreg A Johnson
Center for Animal Biotechnology and Genomics, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Biol Reprod 69:1458-71. 2003..OPN has the potential to profoundly impact pregnancy, and investigators are now challenged to focus on the mechanistic nature of the functions of this multifaceted and major component of the uterine-placental microenvironment...
- Signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 is expressed in the decidualized mesometrium of pregnancy and associates with the progesterone receptor through protein-protein interactionsTongyun Liu
Department of Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912 3000, USA
Biol Reprod 67:114-8. 2002..e., decidua basalis) of the rat during pregnancy and its interactions with the progesterone-progesterone receptor (PR) system...
- Accumulation of IL-17-positive cells in decidua of inevitable abortion casesAkitoshi Nakashima
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Am J Reprod Immunol 64:4-11. 2010..It is, however, still unknown how Th17 cells affect pregnancy outcome. We investigated the expression of IL-17-producing cells in human spontaneous abortion...
- Fgl2 prothrombinase expression in mouse trophoblast and decidua triggers abortion but may be countered by OX-2D A Clark
Department of Medicine, Pathology and Molecular Medicine, and Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, McMaster University, 1200 Main St West, Room 3V39, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada L8N 3Z5
Mol Hum Reprod 7:185-94. 2001..Here we show that Th1 cytokines up-regulate fgl2 mRNA in fetal trophoblast and secondary decidua of CBA/JxDBA/2 and CBA/JxBALB/c matings, and promote fibrin deposition...
- Notch activation enhances IFNgamma secretion by human peripheral blood and decidual NK cellsIrit Manaster
The Lautenberg Center for General and Tumor Immunology, The Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, The BioMedical Research Institute, Jerusalem, Israel
J Reprod Immunol 84:1-7. 2010..Finally, we show that Notch activation in these cells leads to increased secretion of IFNgamma. We therefore present here a new function of the Notch receptors as enhancers of peripheral blood NK cell and decidual NK cell functions...
- Subfertility linked to combined luteal insufficiency and uterine progesterone resistanceToshihiro Konno
Institute of Maternal Fetal Biology, and Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
Endocrinology 151:4537-50. 2010..BN uterine decidua was shown to be both structurally and functionally distinct and correlated with decreased circulating ..
- The expression and function of cystatin C and cathepsin B and cathepsin L during mouse embryo implantation and placentationS Afonso
Department of Cell, Developmental and Neurobiology, Nelson Labs, Busch Campus, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08855, USA
Development 124:3415-25. 1997..5-8.5). With the regression of the decidua beginning on day 9...
- Evidence for a conserved function of heart and neural crest derivatives expressed transcript 2 in mouse and human decidualizationD V Huyen
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Carbondale, Illinois 62901, USA
Reproduction 142:353-68. 2011....
- Feeder-free generation and long-term culture of human induced pluripotent stem cells using pericellular matrix of decidua derived mesenchymal cellsHayato Fukusumi
Division of Regenerative Medicine, Institute for Clinical Research, Osaka National Hospital, National Hospital Organization, Osaka, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e55226. 2013..We previously reported that the pericellular matrix of decidua-derived mesenchymal cells (PCM-DM) is an ideal human-derived substrate on which to maintain hiPSCs/hESCs...
- HLA-E is expressed on trophoblast and interacts with CD94/NKG2 receptors on decidual NK cellsA King
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge
Eur J Immunol 30:1623-31. 2000..The uterine mucosa in early pregnancy (decidua) is infiltrated by large numbers of NK cells, which are closely associated with placental trophoblast cells...
- IL-10 prevents naturally occurring fetal loss in the CBA x DBA/2 mating combination, and local defect in IL-10 production in this abortion-prone combination is corrected by in vivo injection of IFN-tauG Chaouat
INSERM CJF 92 09, Antoine Beclere Hospital, Clamart, France
J Immunol 154:4261-8. 1995..These results indicate that the placentally produced anti-inflammatory cytokines can play a vital role in the survival to term of the fetal allograft, by counteracting deleterious inflammatory cytokines...
- Regulation of extravillous trophoblast invasion by uterine natural killer cells is dependent on gestational ageGendie E Lash
Uterine Cell Signalling Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine and School of Medical Development and Education, Newcastle University, 3rd Floor, William Leech Building, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Hum Reprod 25:1137-45. 2010Extravillous trophoblast (EVT) cell invasion of uterine decidua and the inner third of myometrium is critical for successful pregnancy. Many decidual factors are likely to play a role in regulating this process...
- Predominance of Th2-promoting dendritic cells in early human pregnancy deciduaSatomi Miyazaki
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 74:514-22. 2003..we describe the characterization of CD45+CD3-CD14-CD16-CD19-CD20-CD56-HLA-DRbright DCs from early human pregnancy decidua by flow cytometry...
- Vascular-leukocyte interactions: mechanisms of human decidual spiral artery remodeling in vitroAleah D Hazan
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Pathol 177:1017-30. 2010..001) before trophoblast presence in the vessel lumens. These events did not occur in decidua-only cultures...
- The frequency of CD25+CD4+ and FOXP3+ regulatory T cells in ectopic endometrium and ectopic deciduaPawel Basta
Department of Gynecology and Oncology of the Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 8:116. 2010..of Treg cells in conditions where a disturbance in the immunological equilibrium in ectopic endometrium and decidua has been observed, such as in cases of ovarian endometriosis (involving local immune cell suppression) and ..
- Ontogeny of adenosine deaminase in the mouse decidua and placenta: immunolocalization and embryo transfer studiesT B Knudsen
Department of Anatomy, East Tennessee State University, James H Quillen College of Medicine, Johnson City 37614
Biol Reprod 44:171-84. 1991..placental). In the first phase, ADA enzyme activity increased almost 200-fold in the antimesometrial region (decidua capsularis + giant trophoblast cells) from Days 6 through 9 of gestation but remained low in the mesometrial ..
- Transcription factor CCAAT enhancer-binding protein beta (C/EBPbeta) regulates the formation of a unique extracellular matrix that controls uterine stromal differentiation and embryo implantationCyril Ramathal
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Biol Chem 286:19860-71. 2011....
- Notch1 is regulated by chorionic gonadotropin and progesterone in endometrial stromal cells and modulates decidualization in primatesYalda Afshar
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Endocrinology 153:2884-96. 2012..Subsequently, Notch1 down-regulation may be critical for the transition of stromal fibroblast to decidual cells, which is essential for the establishment of a successful pregnancy...
- Induction of overt menstruation in intact miceMarion Rudolph
Target Discovery, Global Drug Discovery, Bayer HealthCare, Berlin, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e32922. 2012....
- Differential activity of the gelatinases (matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9) in the fetal membranes and decidua, associated with labourS Goldman
Laboratory for Research in Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ha Emek Medical Center, 18101, Afula, Israel
Mol Hum Reprod 9:367-73. 2003..been implicated in the rupture of fetal membranes, the process of parturition and placental detachment from the decidua after parturition...
- The placenta in preterm birthO M Faye-Petersen
The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35249 7331, USA
J Clin Pathol 61:1261-75. 2008..A brief summary of the placental gross and histopathological findings in indicated preterm birth is also included...
- IL-15 expression at human endometrium and deciduaK Kitaya
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Dynamic Pathology Research Institute, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, 602 8566, Japan
Biol Reprod 63:683-7. 2000..of interleukin (IL)-15, a possible stimulator for these NK cells, in human endometrium and first trimester decidua. Semiquantitative reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction revealed that IL-15 mRNA expression was ..
- Ultrastructural studies of implantation sites from mice deficient in uterine natural killer cellsJ D Greenwood
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1, Canada
Placenta 21:693-702. 2000..include the absence of aggregation of lymphocytes in the mesometrial triangle, acellularity of the mesometrial decidua, decidual arteries with relatively thick walls and reduced lumen diameters, unusual prominence of the endothelium ..
- The pathology of placenta accreta, a worldwide epidemicT Y Khong
SA Pathology, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, Australia
J Clin Pathol 61:1243-6. 2008..Pathological diagnosis relies on the finding of placental villi in direct apposition to myometrium, either in hysterectomy specimens or in placental basal plates...
- The urokinase plasminogen activator (uPA) system in uterine natural killer cells in the placental bed during early pregnancyK Naruse
Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Placenta 30:398-404. 2009..Caseinase activity was stronger in decidua than myometrium as shown by in situ zymography. uPA localised strongly to uNK cells, especially at 8-10 weeks...
- MUC1 expression is increased during human placental development and suppresses trophoblast-like cell invasion in vitroMing Kwang Shyu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, National Taiwan University Hospital, 100 Taipei, Taiwan
Biol Reprod 79:233-9. 2008..Interestingly, we found two populations of extravillous trophoblasts, MUC1-positive and MUC1-negative cells, in decidua. The numbers of MUC1-positive extravillous trophoblasts were increased during placental development...
- Human decidual stromal cells suppress cytokine secretion by allogenic CD4+ T cells via PD-1 ligand interactionsTakeshi Nagamatsu
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Women s Health, University of Missouri Columbia, One Hospital Drive, Columbia, MO 65201, USA
Hum Reprod 24:3160-71. 2009..B7-H1 and B7-DC on peripheral antigen-presenting cells (APC) typically inhibit T cell activation after binding to their corresponding receptor, programmed death-1 (PD-1)...
- The Tnfrh1 (Tnfrsf23) gene is weakly imprinted in several organs and expressed at the trophoblast-decidua interfaceLorraine Clark
Institute for Cancer Genetics, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY, USA
BMC Genet 3:11. 2002..Although other genes in this chromosomal region show conserved synteny with genes on human Chr11p15.5, there are no obvious human orthologues of Tnfrh1 or Tnfrh2...
- The developmental role of natural killer cells at the fetal-maternal interfaceSimcha Yagel
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical Centers, Mt Scopus, Jerusalem, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 201:344-50. 2009..NK (eNK) cells, found in the uterus during the menstrual cycle, and decidual NK (dNK) cells, found in the decidua during pregnancy...
- Matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2 and MMP-9 and their inhibitor, TIMP-1, in human term decidua and fetal membranes: the effect of prostaglandin F(2alpha) and indomethacinU Ulug
Laboratory for Research in Reproductive Sciences, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ha'Emek Medical Center, Afula, Israel
Mol Hum Reprod 7:1187-93. 2001Degradation and breakdown of gestational membranes and the adjacent decidua are essential processes for the advancement of labour...
- Invasiveness of human endometrial stromal cells is promoted by decidualization and by trophoblast-derived signalsB Gellersen
Endokrinologikum Hamburg, 20251 Hamburg, Germany
Hum Reprod 25:862-73. 2010Extensive invasion of the maternal decidua by extravillous trophoblast is considered of critical importance for implantation and placentation in humans, the decidua being viewed as a passively invaded tissue...
- Interleukin-10 is produced by human uterine natural killer cells but does not affect their production of interferon-gammaP Vigano
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Istituto Auxologico Italiano, V le Monte Nero 32, 20135 Milan, Italy
Mol Hum Reprod 7:971-7. 2001..However, IL-10 produced by uNK cells in response to IL-12 and IL-2 may still have a feedback inhibitory effect on the production of deleterious cytokines within the uterine microenvironment...
- Developmental cell biology of human villous trophoblast: current research problemsJohn D Aplin
Maternal and Fetal Health Research Group, University of Manchester, UK
Int J Dev Biol 54:323-9. 2010..Maternally delivered insulin-like growth factors stimulate growth and might be therapeutically useful when endogenous growth pathways falter...
- Mouse models of implantationKevin Y Lee
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 18:234-9. 2007..This review describes the evolution of the mouse as a model for understanding uterine implantation, including exciting new advances in this field, and describes a novel genetic pathway that can be elucidated from these models...
- The Role of Decidual Innate Immunity in the Pathogenesis of PreeclampsiaSe Te Joseph Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012Implanting human cytotrophoblasts (CTBs) invade an underlying decidua comprised of decidual cells and such immune cells as macrophages (MFs) and dendritic cells (DCs)...
- Pluripotent human stem cells as models for normal and diseased trophoblastROBERT MICHAEL ROBERTS; Fiscal Year: 2013..While invasion of the uterine decidua and the proximate inner third of the myometrium by EVT is a characteristic feature of a healthy pregnancy, ..
- Human Decidual Leukocytes and Their Placental LigandsJACK STROMINGER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Multiple mechanisms contribute to implantation tolerance. Maternal leukocytes that populate the uterine decidua certainly play an important role...
- Fetal HCMV Infection: Role of the Human PlacentaLENORE PALMA PEREIRA; Fiscal Year: 2013..Accumulation of fluid in the placental-fetal unit also suggests lymphatic vessels in the decidua have diminished capacity to remove excess fluid...
- Human Decidual Leukocytes and Their Placental LigandsJack L Strominger; Fiscal Year: 2013..Maternal leukocytes that populate the uterine decidua certainly play an important role in tolerance...
- Epigenetic regulation of decidual inflammationAdrian Erlebacher; Fiscal Year: 2013..In particular, little is known about the intrinsic inflammatory characteristics of the decidua, the specialized uterine stromal tissue that surrounds the fetus and placenta...
- FUNCTIONS OF PREGNANCY SPECIFIC GLYCOPROTEINSGabriela S Dveksler; Fiscal Year: 2010..environment that is compatible with pregnancy success, as macrophages constitute a stable population in the decidua responsible for generating local innate immunity throughout pregnancy...
- Immune responses to infection at the maternal-fetal interfaceGabrielle A Rizzuto; Fiscal Year: 2013..We hypothesize that the maternal immune cells of the placenta, specifically the macrophages located in the decidua (lining of the pregnant uterus), defend this organ against pathogens in a unique manner...
- Dissecting gene dysregulation at the maternal-fetal interface in preeclampsiaSusan J Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2013..The interstitial component of cytotrophoblast (CTB) invasion is frequently restricted to the superficial decidua. Likewise, endovascular invasion is constrained in terms of the number of spiral arterioles that are involved and ..
- Role of Host Cells in Invasive ListeriosisAnna Bakardjiev; Fiscal Year: 2013..a small subpopulation of fetally derived cells (extravillous cytotrophoblasts), which anchor the placenta in the decidua, the lining of the pregnant uterus...
- Renal Cell Tumor-Mediated Trans-differentiation of Natural Killer CellsANDREW CHRISTROPHER WILBER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Large influxes of maternal NK cells into the decidua occurs during normal embryo implantation...
- EXPERIMENTAL MODEL FOR CHORIOAMNIONITIS AND PREMATURITYMichael Gravett; Fiscal Year: 2005..Samples of the decidua, fetal membranes, tissues, and brain will be obtained at cesarean section for microbiologic, histopathologic ..
- Phospholipid-reactive T cells in Pregnancy LossRAMESH CHANDRA HALDER; Fiscal Year: 2012..of PL-reactive T cells in lymphoid organs;such T cells will infiltrate the pregnant uterine mucosa, called decidua, in increased numbers...
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF UTERINE OXYTOCIN RECEPTORPHILLIP RAUK; Fiscal Year: 2001..Oxytocin receptors in both the myometrium and decidua increase sharply immediately prior to labor...
- DECIDUAL CELL/PLACENTAL INTERACTIONSJOAN HUNT; Fiscal Year: 1993..The proposed studies use the same general approach: uterine cells are harvested from pregnancy tissues (decidua, metrial gland, uterus) at mid to late gestation as well as from deciduoma and are fractionated into macrophage-..
- EFFECTS OF COCAINE ON PLACENTAL GROWTH FACTORSKathleen Shiverick; Fiscal Year: 1993..Isolated labyrinth, basal zone and decidua portions of the placenta will be weighed and examined histologically for evidence of hemorrhage and abruptions...
- Identification of Relaxin Receptor AntagonistsSheau Yu Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2005Relaxin is a heterodimeric peptide hormone produced by the corpus luteum, decidua, and placenta in pregnant and nonpregnant females attaining the highest plasma levels during pregnancy...
- INHIBITION OF UTERINE CONTRACTIONS BY FETAL MEMBRANESPatricia Collins; Fiscal Year: 1999..The fetal membranes, the amjiion and chorion, and the maternal decidua are thought to be important in paracrine signalling and control of uterine contractions, cervical dilation and ..
- PREECLAMPSIA LINKAGE TO PLACENTAL IMPLANTATION-PERFUSIONRobert Taylor; Fiscal Year: 1992..Examination of the monkey's decidua and placentas will determine if differences found in these tissues are the cause or result of reduced trophoblast ..
- The Molecular Pathogenesis of Health Disparities in Inf*Emmet Hirsch; Fiscal Year: 2005..labor without infection; and D. no infection/no labor. RNA will then be collected from myometrium, ovaries, decidua, placentas and fetal membranes from each of the groups in a time series, and the relative expression of thousands ..
- ADENOSINE DEAMINASE--TARGET IN MOLECULAR TERATOGENESISThomas Knudsen; Fiscal Year: 1993..complementary DNA (cDNA) sequences will be used to probe the embryo, extraembryonic membranes and maternal decidua for ADA mRNA in Northern blots and to spatially localize these transcripts by in situ hybridization...
- CYTOMATION MOFLO MLS FLOW CYTOMETERMichael Axthelm; Fiscal Year: 1999..of cell subpopulations in peripheral blood, lymph nodes, thymus, bone marrow, amniotic fluid, chorion and decidua, corpus luteum, and human, monkey and mouse brain...
- Role of IGF-II in Human Trophoblast-Decidua InteractionsLinda Giudice; Fiscal Year: 2006..decidualization of human endometrial stromal interactions between the human trophoblast and the maternal decidua in an effort to understand paracrine mechanisms operating in the placental bed during the invasive phase of human ..
- Prolactin regulation of decidual activin and apoptosisJennifer Bowen Shauver; Fiscal Year: 2003During normal pregnancy, the decidua undergoes a tightly regulated process of apoptotic regression to accommodate the developing fetus...
- Gap Junctions in Placental DevelopmentStephen Lye; Fiscal Year: 2004..In Aim Ill, we will utilize a trophoblast-decidua explant co-culture system to determine how the decidua modifies GJICmediated EVT differentiation...
- Primate Endometrial Responses to Placental MHC Class I MoleculesThaddeus Golos; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypothesize that Mamu-AG interacts with decidual NK cells to promote appropriate responses in the early pregnancy decidua, including the differentiation and distribution of macrophages and T cells, the modification of smooth muscle in ..
- INTERLEUKIN-1 IN HUMAN PREGNANCYRoberto Romero; Fiscal Year: 1991..the onset of premature labor associated with inflammation of infectious origin in reproductive tissues (decidua, placenta, chorioamnion) and the fetus...
- CYTOKINES AND NK CELL DIFFERENTIATION IN RODENT DECIDUAJudith Head; Fiscal Year: 1999..in both rodents and humans, natural killer (NK)-lineage cells accumulate in large numbers in the maternal tissue (decidua) at the implant site, then in a unique structure in rodents, the metrial gland...
- MOLECULAR ENDOCRINOLOGY OF THE UTERUSElizabeth Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2001..that the alpha-subunit of hCG has a role in the regulation of prolactin production by uterine myometrium and decidua. However, the mechanism of this effect is not understood because alpha-subunit alone appears to have no effect ..
- HORMONE-ACTION AND CYTOKINE REGULATION OF DECIDUA CELLSCHARLES CHAFFIN; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- IGF BINDING PROTEINS AND HUMAN ENDOMETRIUMLinda Giudice; Fiscal Year: 2000..the major IGF binding protein produced in endometrium during the peri-implantation period and in the endometrium (decidua) of pregnancy...
- A NOVEL MECHANISM UNDERLYING THE ROLE OF VEGF IN PPROMLjubica Bogic; Fiscal Year: 2002..As reported in our preliminary data, gene expression of VEGF in maternal decidua was elevated in patients with PPROM compared to those with preterm labor...
- AUTOMATED DNA SEQUENCERGabor Mocz; Fiscal Year: 1999..These are as follows: I. Human Decidua and Fetal Membranes as a Paracryne system, 2. Elastin Gene in Pseudoxanthoma Elasticum; 3...
- BIOMOLECULAR BASIS OF INFECTION-INDUCED PRETERM LABORSusan Cox; Fiscal Year: 1990..labor is caused by bioactive agents of infection that serve to effect increased prostaglandin formation in decidua. Based on this proposition, the long-range goals of the research proposed are (i) define the biomolecular events ..
- IGF EXPRESSION IN NORMAL AND DIABETIC PREGNANCYJudith Ilan; Fiscal Year: 1991..The involvement of these genes in the development of the decidua as well as extra embryonic structures in normal and diabetic pregnancies will be analyzed...
- REGULATION OF HUMAN DECIDUAL PROLACTINRebecca Jackson; Fiscal Year: 1992..Recent studies have shown that the cells of the human decidua have the capacity to synthesize and secrete prolactin during different phases of the normal menstrual cycle and ..
- CELLULAR IMMUNITY--RECURRENT SPONTANEOUS ABORTIONJoseph Hill; Fiscal Year: 1991..new monoclonal antibodies to lymphocyte and monocyte markers to compare immune mediators in the endometrium and decidua of women with recurrent abortion with those in normal controls...
- HSF 1 Requirements in Extraembryonic DevelopmentIvor Benjamin; Fiscal Year: 2005..the spongiotrophoblast layer through signaling pathways based on cross-talk between placental cells and maternal decidua. Two independent and unbiased approaches will be used as discovery platforms to identify, isolate, and ..
- The Immune Paradox of Human Pregnancy: Fetal Trophoblasts and Maternal LeukocytesSusan Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2009..process, semi-allogeneic fetal cells of the placenta (cytotrophoblasts;CTBs) invade the uterine lining (decidua) where they reside amongst an unusual subpopulation of maternal immune cells termed decidual granular leukocytes (..
- Deletion of Serglycin Proteoglycan Gene in MiceBARBARA SCHICK; Fiscal Year: 2005..granules of all but erythroid hematopoietic cells, endothelial cells, embryonic stem cells, and murine uterine decidua during pregnancy...
- Regulation of Pregnancy-Dependent AdaptationsMichael Soares; Fiscal Year: 2009..Among these changes are the differentiation of uterine stromal cells into decidua and the extensive development of the associated maternal uterine vasculature...
- Cellular and Molecular Aspects of ImplantationBIBHASH PARIA; Fiscal Year: 2003..These results will further our understanding regarding uterine protective mechanism(s) to the safeguard of the implanting embryo during early pregnancy. ..
- Cellular and Molecular Aspects of ImplantationBIBHASH PARIA; Fiscal Year: 2007..These results will further our understanding regarding uterine protective mechanism(s) to the safeguard of the implanting embryo during early pregnancy. ..
- GLYCOCONJUGATE-INDUCED TOLERANCE IN NATURAL KILLER CELLSGary Clark; Fiscal Year: 2002..induction of FMT is thought to be the result of suppression of potential allogeneic responses in the uterus and decidua. The major immune cell type in the uterus that could mediate rejection is the natural killer (NK) cell, ..
- MECHANISM OF CELL-SPECIFIC METALLOTHIONEIN TRANSCRIPTIONPATRICK DANIELS; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CELLULAR IMMUNE FACTORS IN VERTICAL TRANSMISSION OF HIVChristel Uittenbogaart; Fiscal Year: 2000..of placentas from HIV infected pregnancies; for cytokine profiles in the trophoblast, villous stroma, and decidua; for expression of integrins and selectins that are important in cell interactions and; for HIV tropism and the ..
- Biology at the Maternal-Fetal InterfaceMichael Soares; Fiscal Year: 2006..milieu required for the establishment and maintenance of pregnancy are largely orchestrated by two cell lineages: decidua and trophoblast. Together these highly specialized cells transiently modify the maternal compartment...
- MATERNAL ADAPTATIONS TO PREGNANCYMichael Soares; Fiscal Year: 2001..and maintenance of pregnancy require the appropriate development of a specialized maternal tissue, referred to as decidua. Decidual cells arise from uterine stroma via the actions of progesterone, form intimate relationships with ..
- Cell Differentation During DecidualizationZuzana Strakova; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, in the long term our studies might provide new targets of intervention leading to improvements in diagnosis and treatment. ..
- REGULATION OF CELL DIFFERENTATION DURING DECIDUALIZATIONZuzana Strakova; Fiscal Year: 2002..We anticipate that our ongoing studies will contribute to find therapies to treat endometrial dysfunctions associated with infertility, habitual abortions and/or insufficient placental development. ..
- Decidua and Fetal Membranes as a Paracrine SystemGillian Bryant Greenwood; Fiscal Year: 2006..these women with PPROM and no infection, there is increased expression of the relaxin genes and proteins in the decidua and placenta...
- DECIDUALIZATION IN THE BABOONAsgerally Fazleabas; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- A Primate Model of Maternal Fetal Immune ToleranceThaddeus Golos; Fiscal Year: 2006..The successful implementation of our recent adaptation of transgenic technology to the primate placenta will provide unprecedented opportunity for novel models of primate placental biology. ..
- Decidual-Endothelial Tissue Factor and IUGRCharles Lockwood; Fiscal Year: 2006..Additionally, we will correlate maternal plasma levels of two sensitive thrombin markers with the presence of acquired or inherited thrombophilias in the selected patient population. ..
- IMMUNE ACCEPTANCE OF PREGNANCYGil Mor; Fiscal Year: 2002..The significance of this proposal is not limited to reproductive problems. It is anticipated that these studies will lead to a better understanding of tumor behavior, actions of chemotherapeutic agents and transplant physiology. ..
- UTERINE NK CELLS IN PRIMATE PREGNANCYThaddeus G Golos; Fiscal Year: 2010..for an important role of placental MHC class I molecules in the maternal immunological response to pregnancy in primates, and will further study the mechanisms and significance of these responses with two specific aims: ..
- Molecular Signaling in DecidualizationSANJOY KUMAR DAS; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Fas/FasL System In Normal Mammary Gland DevelopmentGil Mor; Fiscal Year: 2003..With an improved foundation of the normal mammary physiology, we can advance the understanding of breast cancer, allowing the development of effective strategies for its treatment and prevention. ..
- STRATEGIES FOR PRIMATE TRANSGENESISThaddeus Golos; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A PRIMATE ES CELL MODEL FOR EMBRYO IMPLANTATIONThaddeus Golos; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Dendritic cell behavior at the maternal/fetal interfaceAdrian Erlebacher; Fiscal Year: 2009..fetus and placenta escape rejection during pregnancy likely involves local immune regulation within the maternal decidua, the specialized stromal tissue that surrounds the implanted embryo...
- ES CELL MODEL FOR PLACENTAL DEVELOPMENTThaddeus Golos; Fiscal Year: 2006..This proposal will allow us to develop the tools to advance a novel system for the study of primate placental biology. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- BIOLOGY OF HUMAN UTERINE NK CELLSAshley Moffett; Fiscal Year: 2004..development of the feto-placental unit is dependent on transformation of the uterine lining from endometrium to decidua. The formation of decidua is essential for normal pregnancy...