Genomes and Genes
Summary: The threadlike, vascular projections of the chorion. Chorionic villi may be free or embedded within the DECIDUA forming the site for exchange of substances between fetal and maternal blood (PLACENTA).
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Bi-potential behaviour of cytotrophoblasts in first trimester chorionic villiD Baczyk
Development and Fetal Health, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Canada
Placenta 27:367-74. 2006..EVT) cells invade the uterine wall to promote maternal blood flow whilst syncytiotrophoblast lines chorionic villi in the labyrinth...
- Altered global gene expression in first trimester placentas of women destined to develop preeclampsiaS A Founds
School of Nursing, Department of Health Promotion and Development, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA
Placenta 30:15-24. 2009..Accordingly, we hypothesized dysregulation of global gene expression in first trimester placentas of women who later manifested preeclampsia...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibits trophoblast migration through elevation of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 in first-trimester villous explant culturesSandra Bauer
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vienna, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:812-22. 2004..Induction of PAI-1 by TNF alpha could be related to restricted trophoblast invasion in preeclampsia...
- Requirement of gap junctional intercellular communication for human villous trophoblast differentiationLaurent Cronier
Laboratoire de Biomembranes et Signalisation Cellulaire, Universite de Poitiers, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Biol Reprod 69:1472-80. 2003..These data suggest that the molecular exchanges through gap junctions preceding cellular fusion are essential for trophoblast differentiation generating the multifunctional syncytiotrophoblast...
- Expression and localization of angiogenin in placenta: enhanced levels at term over first trimester villiG Rajashekhar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, National University Hospital, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Mol Reprod Dev 62:159-66. 2002..Placental growth requires extensive angiogenesis, which develops its vascular structure in both fetal chorionic villi and maternal deciduas...
- Human mesenchymal stem cells from chorionic villi and amniotic fluid are not susceptible to transformation after extensive in vitro expansionAntonella Poloni
Clinica di Ematologia, Dipartimento Scienze Mediche e Chirurgiche, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Cell Transplant 20:643-54. 2011..In this study, we characterized human mesenchymal progenitor cells from chorionic villi (CV) and amniotic fluid (AF) isolated during the first and second trimesters, respectively, and compared them ..
- Timing of the absence of FMR1 expression in full mutation chorionic villiRob Willemsen
CBG Department of Clinical Genetics, Erasmus University, P O Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Genet 110:601-5. 2002..Prenatal diagnosis can be performed on chorionic villi samples (CVS) by Southern blot analysis...
- Genome-wide expression profile of first trimester villous and extravillous human trophoblast cellsR Apps
Department of Pathology and Centre for Trophoblast Research, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
Placenta 32:33-43. 2011..Since LAIR-2 is detectable in the urine of pregnant, but not non-pregnant women, trophoblast-derived LAIR-2 may also have systemic effects during pregnancy...
- Trypanosoma cruzi induces apoptosis in ex vivo infected human chorionic villiJ Duaso
Programa de Anatomía y Biología del Desarrollo, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidad de Chile, Santiago
Placenta 32:356-61. 2011..In order to determine the effect of parasite invasion on normal apoptosis in the placenta, explants of human chorionic villi were incubated with 105 trypomastigotes for 24 h. Effective infection was tested by visualizing T...
- Increased expression of sFlt-1 in in vivo and in vitro models of human placental hypoxia is mediated by HIF-1Ori Nevo
Mount Sinai Hospital, Department of Obstetrics, University of Toronto, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 291:R1085-93. 2006..Low oxygen levels, as opposed to intermittent oxygen tension (HR) changes, play an important role in regulating sFlt-1 expression in the developing human placenta and hence may contribute to the development of preeclampsia...
- Role of matrix metalloproteinases 2 and 9 in ex vivo Trypanosoma cruzi infection of human placental chorionic villiC Castillo
Programa de Anatomía y Biología del Desarrollo, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Independencia 1027, Region Metropolitana, Santiago de Chile 8380453, Chile
Placenta 33:991-7. 2012..In the present study we analyzed the participation of matrix metalloproteases (MMPs) in the extracellular matrix (ECM) remodeling during T. cruzi ex vivo infection of human placental chorionic villi explants.
- Surface area of chorionic villi of placentas: an index of intrauterine growth restriction of fetusesSharmistha Biswas
Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, District Wardha MS, India
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 34:487-93. 2008..IUGR) fetuses as well as normal-weight (control) fetuses were performed to determine surface area of chorionic villi (mostly terminal and few intermediate) using stereological technique...
- Distribution and isolation of four laminin variants; tissue restricted distribution of heterotrimers assembled from five different subunitsE Engvall
Cancer Research Center, La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, California 92037
Cell Regul 1:731-40. 1990....
- Branching morphogenesis during development of placental villiJames C Cross
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, HSC Room 2279, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary AB, Canada T2N 4N1
Differentiation 74:393-401. 2006....
- Heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor regulates human extravillous cytotrophoblast development during conversion to the invasive phenotypeRichard E Leach
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, CS Mott Center for Human Growth and Development, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201 1415, USA
Dev Biol 266:223-37. 2004..Addition of HB-EGF during explant culture of first-trimester chorionic villi enhanced extravillous trophoblast differentiation and invasive activity...
- Function-specific intracellular signaling pathways downstream of heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor utilized by human trophoblastsPhilip Jessmon
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Anatomy and Cell Biology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201 1405, USA
Biol Reprod 82:921-9. 2010..These experiments reveal a complexity of the intracellular signaling circuitry that regulates trophoblast functions critical for implantation and placentation...
- Elevated placental soluble vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 inhibits angiogenesis in preeclampsiaShakil Ahmad
Department of Reproductive and Vascular Biology, The Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands B15 2TG, UK
Circ Res 95:884-91. 2004..Our finding demonstrates the dysregulation of the VEGF/PlGF axis in preeclampsia and offers an entirely new therapeutic approach to its treatment...
- Hormones and human trophoblast differentiation: a reviewAndre Malassine
INSERM U427, Faculte de Pharmacie, Paris, France
Endocrine 19:3-11. 2002....
- Angiotensin II induces soluble fms-Like tyrosine kinase-1 release via calcineurin signaling pathway in pregnancyCissy Chenyi Zhou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Houston Medical School, 6431 Fannin, MSB 6 200 Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circ Res 100:88-95. 2007....
- Expressions of steroid receptors and Ki67 in first-trimester decidua and chorionic villi exposed to levonorgestrel used for emergency contraceptionChun Xia Meng
Department of Woman and Child Health, Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska University Hospital, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Fertil Steril 91:1420-3. 2009..did not affect the immunohistochemical expressions of estrogen receptors (ER(alpha), ER(beta)), P receptors (PR(B), PR(A+B)), androgen receptor (AR), or proliferation index Ki67 in the first-trimester decidua and chorionic villi.
- Phenotypic and functional characterization of mesenchymal stem cells from chorionic villi of human term placentaM H Abumaree
College of Medicine, King Saud Bin Abdulaziz University for Health Sciences, King Abdullah International Medical Research Center, King Abdulaziz Medical City, National Guard Health Affairs, P O Box 22490, Riyadh, 11426, Mail Code 1515, Saudi Arabia
Stem Cell Rev 9:16-31. 2013..We report a novel method of isolating placental MSCs (pMSCs) from chorionic villi, which exhibit the phenotypic and functional characteristics that will make them an attractive source of MSCs ..
- Neurorescue effects and stem properties of chorionic villi and amniotic progenitor cellsC Calzarossa
Department of Neurology and Laboratory of Neuroscience, IRCCS Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Cusano Milanino 20095, Italy
Neuroscience 234:158-72. 2013....
- ED(27) trophoblast-like cells isolated from first-trimester chorionic villi are genetically identical to HeLa cells yet exhibit a distinct phenotypeD A Kniss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Laboratory of Perinatal Research and Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, The Ohio State University, Colleges of Medicine and Public Health, Engineering and Pharmacy, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Placenta 23:32-43. 2002..These results point out the need for adherence to rigorous and consistent quality control measures to assure the authenticity of cell lines used as in vitro model systems...
- Vascularization in first-trimester chorionic villi in complicated and uncomplicated pregnanciesMonique A Huisman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Medical Center Groningen, The Netherlands
Am J Obstet Gynecol 202:88.e1-7. 2010....
- The functional regeneration of syncytiotrophoblast in cultured explants of term placentaC M Simán
Academic Unit of Child Health, The University of Manchester, St Mary s Hospital, Hathersage Road, Manchester M13 0JH, UK
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 280:R1116-22. 2001..This culture system provides opportunities for studies of chronic regulation of placental function...
- Trypanosoma cruzi infection induces microfilament depletion in human placenta syncytiotrophoblastM J Sartori
IIa Cátedra de Biología Celular, Histología y Embriología, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, 5016, Cordoba, Argentina
Placenta 24:767-71. 2003..The recruitment of lysosomes occurs directly beneath the invasion site, and this process is required for parasite internalization...
- Mesenchymal progenitor cells derived from chorionic villi of human placenta for cartilage tissue engineeringXiaohong Zhang
Division of Cell Processing, The Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo IMSUT, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 340:944-52. 2006..The results of these in vivo and in vitro studies suggested that hPDMCs can be one of the possible allogeneic cell sources for tissue engineering of cartilage...
- Relationship between tissue damage and heme oxygenase expression in chorionic villi of term human placentaG E Lash
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada K7L 3N6
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 284:H160-7. 2003..Compared with microsomes isolated from morphologically normal and peri-infarct chorionic villi of pathological placentas, microsomes from infarcted chorionic villi from the same placentas had decreased HO ..
- 17Beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase types 1 and 2 in human placenta: an immunohistochemical study with correlation to placental developmentJ Takeyama
Department of Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 83:3710-5. 1998..We quantitatively evaluated the 17betaHSD type 2-positive endothelial cells in chorionic villi and determined the ratio of 17betaHSD type 2-positive endothelial cells using immunohistochemistry of CD34, ..
- The source of endogenous carbon monoxide formation in human placental chorionic villiH Ahmed
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, K7L 3N6, Canada
Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand) 51:447-51. 2005..Human placental cotyledons were perfused with Kreb s solution to remove blood. Chorionic villi segments were prepared for measurements of CO production in the absence/presence of an exogenous supply of ..
- aCGH on chorionic villi mirrors the complexity of fetoplacental mosaicism in prenatal diagnosisIsabel Filges
Division of Medical Genetics, University Children s Hospital and Department of Biomedicine, Basel, Switzerland
Prenat Diagn 31:473-8. 2011To describe the diagnostic performance of array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) in the presence of mosaicism in the fetoplacental unit using direct chorionic villi.
- Expression of VEGF receptors VEFGR-1 and VEGFR-2, angiopoietin receptors Tie-1 and Tie-2 in chorionic villi tree during early pregnancyRamazan Demir
Department of Histology and Embryology, Faculty of Medicine, Akdeniz University, Antalya, Turkey
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 47:435-45. 2009..Probably, this event may be related to complete vasculugenesis and angiogenesis in placental villi...
- Human AB serum for generation of mesenchymal stem cells from human chorionic villi: comparison with other source and other media including platelet lysateA Poloni
Clinica di Ematologia, Dipartimento Scienze Mediche e Chirurgiche, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Cell Prolif 45:66-75. 2012We have investigated foetal mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) obtained from first-trimester chorionic villi (CV) and second-trimester amniotic fluid (AF), comparing them to adult bone marrow-derived MSCs.
- The placental barrier in allogenic immune conflict in spontaneous early abortions: immunohistochemical and morphological studyPavel Gurevich
Laboratory of Experimental Medicine, Park Rabin, Rehovot, Israel
Am J Reprod Immunol 58:460-7. 2007..Morphologic changes in the placental barrier in spontaneous early abortions under the maternal-embryonic immune conflict, and the role of maternal immunoglobulins (Igs) in these changes...
- Characterization and expansion of mesenchymal progenitor cells from first-trimester chorionic villi of human placentaA Poloni
Clinica di Ematologia, Dipartimento Scienze Mediche e Chirurgiche, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Cytotherapy 10:690-7. 2008..We report on the isolation, expansion and differentiation in vitro of MSC-like cells from chorionic villi (CV).
- Trypanosoma cruzi induces tissue disorganization and destruction of chorionic villi in an ex vivo infection model of human placentaJ Duaso
Programa de Anatomía y Biología del Desarrollo, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Chile, Chile
Placenta 31:705-11. 2010..Infection of the chorionic villi with the parasite was confirmed by immunofluoresence and PCR. T...
- Aspects of human fetoplacental vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. II. Changes during normal pregnancyP Kaufmann
Department of Anatomy II, University Hospital, RWTH Aachen, Germany
Placenta 25:114-26. 2004..Finally, we deal with methods of quantifying aspects of angiogenesis in the villous vascular system and summarize the main findings during uncomplicated human pregnancy...
- Isolation and characterization of mesenchymal progenitor cells from chorionic villi of human placentaK Igura
Division of Cell Processing, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Cytotherapy 6:543-53. 2004..We report a method of isolating placenta-derived mesenchymal progenitor cells (PDMPC) that can be used as an alternative source of MSC...
- Evaluation of trophoblast HLA-G antigen with a specific monoclonal antibodyY W Loke
Research Group in Reproductive Immunobiology, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
Tissue Antigens 50:135-46. 1997..This monoclonal antibody G233 will be highly useful in future experiments to elucidate the function of HLA-G...
- Cytogenetics and mechanisms of spontaneous abortions: increased apoptosis and decreased cell proliferation in chromosomally abnormal villiM B Qumsiyeh
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8005, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 88:230-5. 2000..may affect rates of cell proliferation or programmed cell death (apoptosis) during the differentiation of chorionic villi. To address these questions, we evaluated cell proliferation using a monoclonal antibody to Ki-67 (a cell-..
- Identification of multipotent cytotrophoblast cells from human first trimester chorionic villiPaola Spitalieri
Department of Biopathology, Genetics Unit, Tor Vergata University of Rome, Via Montpellier, Italy
Cloning Stem Cells 11:535-56. 2009..These cells may be a safe and convenient source of cells for cell-based therapy, as well as an ideal target for in utero fetal gene therapy...
- Nuclear factor-kappa B, p38, and stress-activated protein kinase mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathways regulate proinflammatory cytokines and apoptosis in human placental explants in response to oxidative stress: effects of antioxidant vitamTereza Cindrova-Davies
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Am J Pathol 170:1511-20. 2007..Most of these effects are mediated through the p38 MAPK and nuclear factor-kappaB pathways and can be effectively blocked by vitamins C and E in vitro...
- Activation of local chorionic villi angiotensin II levels but not angiotensin (1-7) in preeclampsiaLauren Anton
Hypertension and Vascular Research Center, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1032, USA
Hypertension 51:1066-72. 2008The chorionic villi in the placenta are responsible for the regulation of fetal oxygen and nutrient transport...
- Severe preeclampsia with and without HELLP differ with regard to placental pathologyMarie Therese Vinnars
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Division of Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Hypertension 51:1295-9. 2008..Considering the central role that placenta seems to have in preeclampsia, the present result might suggest that different underlying pathogenetic mechanisms and courses can be in play in patients with preeclampsia and HELLP syndrome...
- LAIR2 localizes specifically to sites of extravillous trophoblast invasionS A Founds
School of Nursing, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Placenta 31:880-5. 2010..Neither the localization nor the function of LAIR2 has been examined in the placenta. Localization studies were conducted in placental tissues to determine the precise sites of LAIR2 mRNA production and protein binding...
- CD9 is expressed in extravillous trophoblasts in association with integrin alpha3 and integrin alpha5T Hirano
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 5:162-7. 1999..Since it is associated with integrin alpha5 which has been proposed to regulate trophoblast invasion, CD9 may be implicated in trophoblast invasion at the feto-maternal interface...
- The pattern of expression of protease-activated receptors (PARs) during early trophoblast developmentSharona Cohen Even-Ram
Department of Oncology, Pathology, Hadassah University Hospital, Jerusalem, Israel
J Pathol 200:47-52. 2003..Together, our data suggest the involvement of PAR1 and PAR3 in restricted and unrestricted pathological trophoblast invasion...
- Mesenchymal stem cells in human placental chorionic villi reside in a vascular NicheN M Castrechini
Pregnancy Research Centre, Department of Perinatal Medicine, The Royal Women s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Placenta 31:203-12. 2010The chorionic villi of human term placentae are a rich source of mesenchymal stem cells (PMSCs)...
- Prerequisites and strategies for prenatal diagnosis of respiratory chain deficiency in chorionic villiL Niers
Department of Paediatrics, Nijmegen Centre for Mitochondrial Disorders, The Netherlands
J Inherit Metab Dis 26:647-58. 2003..Prenatal diagnosis currently relies on biochemical assays of respiratory chain complexes in chorionic villi or amniocytes and is possible by mutation analysis of nuclear genes in a limited but increasing proportion of ..
- Confirmation of mosaicism and uniparental disomy in amniocytes, after detection of mosaic chromosome abnormalities in chorionic villiFrancesca R Grati
Unit of Cytogenetics, TOMA Laboratory, Busto Arsizio, Varese, Italy
Eur J Hum Genet 14:282-8. 2006Chromosome mosaicism is detected in about 1-2% of chorionic villi samples (CVS), and may be due to a postzygotic nondisjunction event generating a trisomic cell line in an initially normal conceptus (mitotic origin) or the postzygotic ..
- Dynamic change of Adamalysin 19 (ADAM19) in human placentas and its effects on cell invasion and adhesion in human trophoblastic cellsMeirong Zhao
Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100101, China
Sci China C Life Sci 52:710-8. 2009..These data indicate that ADAM19 may participate in the coordinated regulation of human trophoblast cell behaviors during the process of placentation...
- Localization of type 1 17beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase mRNA and protein in syncytiotrophoblasts and invasive cytotrophoblasts in the human term villiM Bonenfant
Laboratory of Ontogeny and Reproduction, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Quebec, Pavillon CHUL, Canada G1V 4G2
J Endocrinol 165:217-22. 2000..In addition, our results indicate for the first time that CTBs differentiating along the invasive pathway contain type 1 17beta-HSD mRNA...
- Spontaneous and LPS-induced secretion of cytokines by villous chorion tissueO V Pavlov
Laboratory of Immunology, D O Ott Institute of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, St Petersburg
Bull Exp Biol Med 141:720-3. 2006..The results suggest that cytokine regulation of the fetus rejection is different at early and late stages of gestation...
- Evaluation of the placental environment with a new in vitro model of histocultures of early and term placentae: determination of cytokine and chemokine expression profilesA Faye
Biology of Retroviruses Unit, Institut Pasteur, 28 rue du Dr Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Placenta 26:262-7. 2005..These data indicate that placental histoculture is a suitable and reliable in vitro model for studying the placental environment...
- Incestuous paternity detected by STR-typing of chorionic villi isolated from archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded abortion material using laser microdissectionCarlo Robino
Laboratory of Criminalistic Sciences, Department of Anatomy, Pharmacology and Legal Medicine, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Forensic Sci 51:90-2. 2006..and mentally disabled woman taken to the emergency room because of genital bleeding revealed the presence of chorionic villi encircled by decidua, hemorrhage, and necrosis...
- Expression and localization of estrogen receptor-alpha protein in normal and abnormal term placentae and stimulation of trophoblast differentiation by estradiolAntonin Bukovsky
Laboratory for Development, Differentiation and Cancer, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee 37920, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 1:13. 2003..This mechanism, however, may not operate in abnormal placentae, which show a lack of ER-alpha expression...
- Hypoxia-reoxygenation: a potent inducer of apoptotic changes in the human placenta and possible etiological factor in preeclampsiaTai Ho Hung
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Circ Res 90:1274-81. 2002..The quality of placental perfusion may therefore be a more important factor in the pathophysiology of preeclampsia than the absolute quantity...
- Plasmodium falciparum induces a Th1/Th2 disequilibrium, favoring the Th1-type pathway, in the human placentaN Fievet
Research Unit 10, Mother and Child Health in the Tropics, , Paris, France
J Infect Dis 183:1530-4. 2001..This study measured cytokines secreted in cultures of chorionic villi, placental blood cells (PBC), and serum in term placentas from 88 malaria-infected and -noninfected Cameroon ..
- The diagnostic performance of cytogenetic investigation in amniotic fluid cells and chorionic villiF J Los
Department of Clinical Genetics, University Hospital Dijkzigt, Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Prenat Diagn 21:1150-8. 2001..a difference in the diagnostic performances of cytogenetic investigation in amniotic fluid (AF) cells and chorionic villi in favour of AF-cells might justify this...
- Down modulation of TNF-alpha mRNA placental expression by AZT used for the prevention of HIV-1 mother-to-child transmissionS Pornprasert
Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, 110 Intawarorost Road, Muang, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Placenta 27:989-95. 2006..To evaluate the effects of AZT on placental cytokine expression, the chorionic villi from HIV-1 uninfected women term placentae were cultured with 0, 100, and 2,000 ng/ml AZT...
- Characterization of human villous and extravillous trophoblasts isolated from first trimester placentaA Tarrade
, , , Paris, France
Lab Invest 81:1199-211. 2001..We report the first isolation and purification of these two cell types from the same chorionic villi of first trimester human placenta. We also studied their differentiation in vitro...
- Cytogenetic study of spontaneous abortions using semi-direct analysis of chorionic villi samples detects the broadest spectrum of chromosome abnormalitiesCarme Morales
Servei de Bioquímica i Genètica Molecular, Hospital Clinic, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Med Genet A 146:66-70. 2008..describe the cytogenetic findings in a series of 116 first trimester arrested pregnancies, obtained through chorionic villi sampling (CVS) and semi-direct analysis that avoids some of the long-culture pitfalls such as maternal ..
- Global analysis of differentially expressed genes in early gestational decidua and chorionic villi using a 9600 human cDNA microarrayHuei Wen Chen
Department of Clinical Research, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Hum Reprod 8:475-84. 2002The global gene expression profiles of the decidua and chorionic villi of early human pregnancies were analysed by using cDNA microarray technology...
- Exclusion of late infantile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis (LINCL) in a fetus by assay of tripeptidyl peptidase I in chorionic villiE P Young
Chemical Pathology, Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Trust, Great Ormond Street, London WC1N 3JH, UK
Prenat Diagn 20:337-9. 2000..ceroid lipofuscinosis in a fetus by assay of tripeptidyl peptidase I activity and by mutational analysis in chorionic villi. This is the first pregnancy at risk for LINCL to be monitored by enzyme assay...
- Tumour necrosis factor-alpha stimulates HIV-1 replication in single-cycle infection of human term placental villi fragments in a time, viral dose and envelope dependent mannerAnfumbom K W Kfutwah
Laboratory of Virology, Centre Pasteur du Cameroun, Yaounde, Cameroon
Retrovirology 3:36. 2006..Proinflammatory cytokines in the placental environment are particularly implicated in this control. We thus investigated the effect of TNF-alpha on HIV-1 expression in human placental tissues in vitro...
- Expression of angiogenesis- and apoptosis-related genes in chorionic villi derived from recurrent pregnancy loss patientsHee Kyung Choi
College of Medicine, Pochon CHA University, and Cell and Gene Therapy Research Institute, Seoul, Korea
Mol Reprod Dev 66:24-31. 2003..We compared the gene expression level for angiogenesis- and apoptosis-related genes in chorionic villi from RPL patients and those from normal controls...
- The cytotrophoblast layer of human chorionic villi becomes thinner but maintains its structural integrity during gestationMiki Mori
Department of Molecular Anatomy, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Biol Reprod 76:164-72. 2007b>Chorionic villi in the human placenta serve as essential structures in fetomaternal exchanges...
- Defective production of interleukin-11 by decidua and chorionic villi in human anembryonic pregnancyHsin Fu Chen
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine and the Hospital, National Taiwan University
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:2320-8. 2002..1), or decidua from NP or AP (1.7 +/- 0.3 and 1.9 +/- 0.4, respectively), but was significantly greater in chorionic villi either from NP or AP (7.6 +/- 1.3 and 10.6 +/- 1.9, respectively; both P < 0...
- Expression and localization of tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 protein in the chorionic villi in early normal and spontaneous abortionXuewen Yu
Center of Maternal and Child Health, First Affiliated Hospital of Medical School in Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, China
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 132:58-63. 2007..Here we compare membrane TNFR1 (mTNFR1) protein expression on chorionic villi in women with spontaneous abortion (SA) and viable pregnancy.
- Integrin-linked kinase (ILK) is highly expressed in first trimester human chorionic villi and regulates migration of a human cytotrophoblast-derived cell lineP A Elustondo
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Health Sciences Centre, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St John s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada A1B 3V6
Biol Reprod 74:959-68. 2006..survival, migration, and invasion; yet the temporal and spatial pattern of expression of ILK in human chorionic villi and its role in early human placental development are completely unknown...
- Expression of leukemia inhibitory factor and its receptor is not altered in the decidua and chorionic villi of human anembryonic pregnancyHsin Fu Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, College of Medicine and the Hospital, National Taiwan University
Hum Reprod 19:1647-54. 2004..However LIF is not required for post-implantation development of mouse embryo. The objective of this study was to examine the role of LIF system in post-implantation stage of human pregnancy...
- Inhibition of TGF-beta 3 restores the invasive capability of extravillous trophoblasts in preeclamptic pregnanciesI Caniggia
Program in Fetal Health and Development, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Invest 103:1641-50. 1999..We speculate that a failure to downregulate expression of TGF-beta 3 at around 9 weeks' gestation results in shallow trophoblast invasion and predisposes the pregnancy to preeclampsia...
- Genetic expression by fetal chorionic villi during the first trimester of human gestationD S Dizon Townson
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Human Genetics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 183:706-11. 2000..We hypothesized that genes expressed by first-trimester chorionic villi constitute critical regulators of placentation and hence of early human development...
- Cytodifferentiation of trophoblast in the anchoring villi and trophoblastic shell in the first half of gestation in the macaqueA C Enders
Department of Cell Biology and Human Anatomy, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Microsc Res Tech 38:3-20. 1997..It is concluded that the cytotrophoblast of the cell columns and trophoblastic shell is a pleomorphic cell type responding to adjacent constituents including the matrix it forms...
- Variability of placental expression of cyclin E low molecular weight variantsAntonin Bukovsky
Laboratory for Development, Differentiation, and Cancer, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, TN 37920, USA
Biol Reprod 67:568-74. 2002..However, an enhanced expression of some cyclin E LMW proteins only might reflect an association of cyclin E isoforms with placental aging or an inefficient placental adaptation...
- [Biogenic amine level in the normal placental structures and in antiphospholipid syndrome]I R Izhederova
Morfologiia 132:57-60. 2007..In antiphospholipid syndrome, the increase in histamine, catecholamine and serotonin luminescence intensity was detected in these structures. This increase was especially pronounced in histamine luminescence intensity...
- An image analysis technique for the investigation of variations in placental morphology in pregnancies complicated by preeclampsia with and without intrauterine growth restrictionSai Daayana
Maternal and Fetal Health Research Centre, St Mary s Hospital, Whitworth Park, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Soc Gynecol Investig 11:545-52. 2004..The purpose of this study was to use visual image analysis to observe changes in the morphology and composition of placental villi in pregnancies complicated by preeclampsia (PE) and intrauterine growth restriction (IUGR)...
- EMILIN1 represents a major stromal element determining human trophoblast invasion of the uterine wallPaola Spessotto
Divisione di Oncologia Sperimentale 2, CRO IRCCS, 33081 Aviano, Italy
J Cell Sci 119:4574-84. 2006..placenta, a highly migratory subpopulation of extravillous trophoblasts (EVT), originating from anchoring chorionic villi, penetrate and invade the uterine wall...
- Corticotropin-releasing hormone peptide and human first-trimester placental growthMei Yee Choy
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, The Prince of Wales Hospital, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, SAR China
Early Hum Dev 79:77-80. 2004..In vivo, CRH was strongly immunolocalised to cytotrophoblastic cells in proliferative cell columns and in chorionic villi. We postulate that CRH may have an important role in early placental development and successful pregnancy.
- Confocal laser scanning microscope study of cytokeratin immunofluorescence differences between villous and extravillous trophoblast: cytokeratin downregulation in pre-eclampsiaC D Ockleford
Advanced Light Microscope Facility, Department of Infection Immunity and Inflammation, School of Medicine and Biological Sciences, University of Leicester and Warwick Medical Schools, Leicester, LE1 9HN, UK
Microsc Res Tech 64:43-53. 2004..This could account for the rise in deported trophoblast associated with pre-eclampsia. Deported trophoblast has been invoked as the systemic messenger that leads to generalized maternal hypertension seen in this condition...
- Morphometric placental villous and vascular abnormalities in early- and late-onset pre-eclampsia with and without fetal growth restrictionM Egbor
Department of Surgical Research, NPIMR, Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow, UK
BJOG 113:580-9. 2006..To evaluate placental morphology in pregnancies complicated by early- and late-onset pre-eclampsia (PET) with and without fetal growth restriction (FGR) using stereological techniques...
- Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CALCA) is a proangiogenic growth factor in the human placental developmentYuan Lin Dong
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1062, USA
Biol Reprod 76:892-9. 2007....
- Immunohistochemical characterization of p57Kip2 expression in tetraploid hydropic placentasMasaharu Fukunaga
Department of Pathology, Jikei Daisan Hospital, Komae shi, Tokyo, Japan
Arch Pathol Lab Med 128:897-900. 2004..Tetraploid hydropic placentas have rarely been studied...
- Histologic features of placentas and abortion specimens from women with antiphospholipid and antiphospholipid-like syndromesJ T Van Horn
University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Placenta 25:642-8. 2004..The objective of our study was to determine whether patients with antiphospholipid and antiphospholipid-like syndromes share pathophysiology by comparing the histology of gestational tissues from these groups...
- Study on the expression of angiotensin II (ANG II) receptor subtype 1 (AT1R) in the placenta of pregnancy-induced hypertensionL Thapa
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tongji Medical College Affiliated Tongji Hospital, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, Hubei Province, China
Placenta 25:637-41. 2004..To study the expression of angiotensin II (ANG II) receptor subtype 1 (AT(1)R) in the human placenta with pregnancy-induced hypertension (PIH)...
- Stimulation of human trophoblast invasion by placental growth hormoneMarie Christine Lacroix
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Unité 427, Faculte des Sciences Pharmaceutiques et Biologiques, Universite Rene Descartes, 75270 Paris, France
Endocrinology 146:2434-44. 2005..By using an in vitro invasion model, we found that EVCT isolated from first-trimester chorionic villi and cultured on Matrigel secreted hPGH and expressed human GH receptor (hGHR)...
- [Effect of peroxisome proliferators-activated receptor gamma ligands on cytotrophoblast invasion in first trimester pregnancy]Shu Juan Li
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Second Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110004, China
Zhonghua Fu Chan Ke Za Zhi 42:518-22. 2007..To investigate the expression of peroxisome proliferators-activated receptor gamma (PPARgamma) in trophoblast and relation between PPARgamma ligands and trophoblast invasion...
- Transfer of folic acid inside the first-trimester gestational sac and the effect of maternal smokingEric Jauniaux
Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Royal Free and University College London Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:58.e1-6. 2007..The objective of the study was to investigate the transfer pathways of folic acid inside the first-trimester gestational sac and to evaluate the impact of maternal smoking...
- [Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor in human placental trophoblasts and angiogenesis in the chorionic villi]Jian Jun Jia
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, First Affiliated Hospital of Ji nan University, Guangzhou 510632, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 26:505-8. 2006..To investigate the expression of vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) in human placental trophoblasts and the role of VEGF in regulating placental villous angiogenesis...
- Urocortin 2 and urocortin 3 are expressed by the human placenta, deciduas, and fetal membranesAlberto Imperatore
Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine, Section of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 195:288-95. 2006..In the present study, we evaluated their expression and localization in gestational tissues (placenta, decidua, fetal membranes), and their effect on placental adrenocorticotropic hormone secretion...
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor expression in the placentae of diabetic and normal pregnanciesAbdul Rahman Hayati
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Jalan Yaacob Latif, Bandar Tun Razak, 56000 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Early Hum Dev 83:41-6. 2007..Localisation and expression of IGF-1R in term diabetic pregnancies are largely unclear. We have studied IGF-1R in the placentae of diabetic and normal pregnancies and this receptor expression in association with neonates with sHCM...
- The effects of oxygen concentration and gestational age on extravillous trophoblast outgrowth in a human first trimester villous explant modelJoanna L James
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Hum Reprod 21:2699-705. 2006..This work aimed to quantify the effects of gestational age and oxygen concentration on extravillous trophoblast outgrowth...
- A role for the L-selectin adhesion system in mediating cytotrophoblast emigration from the placentaAkraporn Prakobphol
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Dev Biol 298:107-17. 2006..This type of adhesion may also facilitate CTB exit from cell columns, a prerequisite for uterine invasion...
- Expression of kallikrein, bradykinin b2 receptor, and endothelial nitric oxide synthase in placenta in normal gestation, preeclampsia, and placenta accretaJenny Corthorn
Centro de Investigaciones Medicas, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile
Endocrine 29:491-9. 2006..This first report of the variations observed in kallikrein and eNOS in a condition of exaggerated trophoblast invasion supports the participation of vasodilatation in trophoblast migration...
- Localized expression of histamine H1 receptors in syncytiotrophoblast cells of human placentaKazuto Matsuyama
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Institute of Health and Biosciences, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 102:331-7. 2006..The results showed that H1R and hCG were expressed on the same cells, that is, syncytiotrophoblast cells. These results indicate that H1Rs are specifically expressed in syncytiotrophoblast cells of human placenta organ...
- Ikaros is expressed in human extravillous trophoblasts and involved in their migration and invasionE Yamamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Mol Hum Reprod 11:825-31. 2005..Transduction of Ik6 significantly reduced the migratory and invasive abilities of HTR-8/SVneo cells. These results suggest that Ikx is involved in migration and invasion of EVTs in early placentation...
- Gabor Than Award Lecture 2006: pre-eclampsia and villous trophoblast turnover: perspectives and possibilitiesI Crocker
Division of Human Development, The Medical School, University of Manchester, UK
Placenta 28:S4-13. 2007..Finally, therapeutic ways of restoring the syncytiotrophoblast in pre-eclampsia and preventing excessive placental apoptosis are considered, including a role for mitotic manipulators and growth factor replacement strategies...
- Mammalian target of rapamycin in the human placenta regulates leucine transport and is down-regulated in restricted fetal growthSara Roos
Perinatal Center, Department of Physiology, Institute of Neuroscience and Physiology, University of Gothenburg, PO Box 432, SE 405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
J Physiol 582:449-59. 2007..We propose that mTOR functions as a placental nutrient sensor, matching fetal growth with maternal nutrient availability by regulating placental nutrient transport...
- Microscopic chorionic pseudocysts in placental membranes: a histologic lesion of in utero hypoxiaJerzy Stanek
Department of Histopathology, Sheffield Children s Hospital NHS Trust, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Pediatr Dev Pathol 10:192-8. 2007....
- E-cadherin in the assessment of aberrant placental cytotrophoblast turnover in pregnancies complicated by pre-eclampsiaL M Brown
Division of Human Development, St Mary s Hospital, School of Medicine, University of Manchester, Hathersage Road, Manchester, M13 OJH, UK
Histochem Cell Biol 124:499-506. 2005....
- Detection of HLA-G on human extravillous cytotrophoblast and skeletal muscle with a new monoclonal antibody MEM-G/1A Lodererova
Department of Pathology, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, 148 00 Prague, Czechia
Folia Microbiol (Praha) 48:239-42. 2003..However, HLA-G expression was observed in all samples of skeletal muscle. The binding capacity of monoclonal antibody MEM-G/1 provides new possibilities to study physiological and pathophysiological roles of HLA-G in humans...
- Fetal HCMV Infection: Role of the Human PlacentaLENORE PALMA PEREIRA; Fiscal Year: 2013..replicates in decidual (maternal) cells, placental (fetal) cytotrophoblasts (CTB) and blood vessels, and the chorionic villi become progressively edematous reducing blood perfusion...
- HCMV infection of human placental trophoblast and hematopoietic progenitorsLENORE PALMA PEREIRA; Fiscal Year: 2012..Together these studies showed that the human placenta is a source of TBPCs that populate the chorionic villi and HSCs that might play a role in development of the hematopoietic system of the embryo/fetus...
- Modeling human trophoblast stem cells using iPS cells derived from molar placentaMana M Parast; Fiscal Year: 2013..in a subtype of gestational trophoblastic disease characterized by abnormal placental tissue with hydropic chorionic villi and trophoblastic proliferation...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Plasmodium Falciparum Adherence to the Human PlacentaSusan J Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2010..and (2) the cytoadherence of iRBCs to placental cells, such as syncytiotrophoblasts (STBs) that cover the chorionic villi and face the intervillous space where maternal blood circulates...
- COMPARISON OF CHORION VILLUS SAMPLING AND AMNIOCENTESISROBERT DESNICK; Fiscal Year: 1990..Efforts will be directed to determine the extent of maternal contamination and/or mosaicism in chorionic villi specimens analyzed directly and after culture...
- COMPARISON OF CHORION VILLUS SAMPLING AND AMNIOCENTESISEugene Pergament; Fiscal Year: 1990The overall aim of this proposal is to compare the safety and the accuracy of Chorionic Villi Sampling (CVS) with amniocentesis by means of a multicenter, cooperative clinical study...
- COMPARISON OF CHORION VILLUS SAMPLING AND AMNIOCENTESISMaurice Mahoney; Fiscal Year: 1990..The accuracy of diagnosies based on chorionic villi will also be defined and both the safety and accuracy of CVB will be able to be contrasted with those of ..
- ABNORMAL FETAL DEVELOPMENT DUE TO TOXIC EXPOSUREMRINAL SANYAL; Fiscal Year: 1991..The augmentation possibilities of MFO enzymes by specific PAHs in in vitro cultures of intact chorionic villi or isolated and purified trophoblast cells will also be studied...
- ES CELL MODEL FOR PLACENTAL DEVELOPMENTThaddeus Golos; Fiscal Year: 2006..and response to extrinsic influences/cues to coordinate trophoblast differentiation and formation of the chorionic villi. We propose to establish and characterize an embryoid body model for placental development to address this ..
- NEW METHODS FOR ANALYZING HUMAN GENES & THEIR DEFECTSDavid Ward; Fiscal Year: 1993..major trisomic disorders (chromosomes 13, 18, 21 and X) directly in interphase cells from amniotic fluids or chorionic villi, using probes sets labeled with different reporter molecules that can be distinguished by fluorescence or ..
- FIRST TRIMESTER MATERNAL-FETAL IMMUNOLOGYJACKSON SMITH; Fiscal Year: 1991..We intend to continue the characterization of cell surface antigen expression of chorionic villi (CV) obtained by chorionic villus sampling (CVS) by combining immunohistologic techniques with in situ ..
- ENDOTHELIAL BARRIER FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The influence of CLP on placental sFlt-1 will be studied. Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance current knowledge of the role of the placenta and EC dysfunction in the pathogenesis of PE. ..
- PLACENTAL FUNCTION IN PREECLAMPSIAYuping Wang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results obtained from the proposed work should enhance our knowledge and establish a direct link of placental TC activity and EC dysfunction in PE. ..
- Multidisciplinary Program in Female and Male ReproductionEUGENE ALBRECHT; Fiscal Year: 2008..The discoveries obtained in the baboon primate model are expected to translate to the human to advance knowledge of human reproductive biology. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Neuronal Guidance Mechanisms in Placental DevelopmentSusan Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2009..In doing so, we will gain important insights into the etiology of PE, GTDs and, perhaps, other types of tumors. ..
- Congenital CMV Conference: Education, Prevention and TreatmentLenore Pereira; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Compensatory placental development after treatment for congenital CMV infectionLenore Pereira; Fiscal Year: 2008..Translation of this research to diagnostic tests and therapeutic interventions to prevent disease could prove broadly beneficial to maternal and fetal health. ..
- ROLE OF CMV ENVELOPE GLYCOPROTEINS IN POLARIZED CELLSLenore Pereira; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- MECHANISMS OF PRETERM LABOR: NF-KB ACTIVATION OF COX-2DOUGLAS KNISS; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Sources and Mechanisms of Soluble VEGFR, sFlt Expression in PreeclampsiaAugustine Rajakumar; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Human Placental CMV Infection: Global Gene ExpressionLenore Pereira; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- INTESTINAL AND PLACENTAL FC-RECEPTORS FOR IMMUNOGLOBULINNeil Simister; Fiscal Year: 2004..Knowledge of the mechanism of FcRn function will contribute to a rational basis for clinical intervention in complications of maternofetal antibody transmission, and for manipulation of the half-lives of therapeutic antibodies. ..
- Placenta: Ethanol and HIVRichard Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..The experiments proposed will provide the first evidence on whether ethanol plays a role in direct transmission of the HIV virus to the fetus. ..
- Combinatorial Signals & Gene Expression in TrophoblastsMark Roberson; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Trophoblast Selectins and Their Uterine Mucin LigandsSusan Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Adrenomedullin and Human Trophoblast InvasionYuan Lin Dong; Fiscal Year: 2006..Knowledge gained from these studies may assist in designing appropriate therapeutic strategies to prevent preeclampsia in the human. ..
- A NOVEL VASCULOGENESIS PROGRAM IN CYTOTROPHOBLASTSSusan Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2003..Whether these mechanisms could inhibit tumor-induced angiogenesis, and consequently tumor growth, is another intriguing possibility. ..
- Cataloguing the Human Salivary ProteomeSusan Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2007..We envision that the data from this project will have important relevance to on-going efforts to improve oral health. ..
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS--BACTERIAL ADHERENCE TO CEMENTUMSusan Fisher; Fiscal Year: 2008..This greatly simplifies the design of artificial salivary molecules that mimic the natural bacterial receptor activity of this fluid, as well as competitive inhibitors of plaque formation. ..
- Two-photon excited fluorescence imaging of placental vasculature in vivoMark Roberson; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IGG PLACENTAL TRANSPORT: ENDOTHELIAL CAVEOLAEJohn Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our approaches to testing the predictions of this hypothesis incorporate methods of cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, ultrastructural analysis, and molecular biology. ..
- AT1 Receptor Activating Autoantibodies and PreeclampsiaYang Xia; Fiscal Year: 2008..This hypothesis has the ability to explain many features of this complex life threatening condition and immediately suggests diagnostic and therapeutic opportunities. ..