Summary: That division of embryology which deals with abnormal development and congenital malformations. (From Dorland, 27th ed)
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- Teratogenic effects of suramin on the chick embryoJörg Männer
Department of Embryology, Georg August University of Gottingen, Kreuzbergring 36, 37075, Gottingen, Germany
Anat Embryol (Berl) 206:229-37. 2003..Use of suramin in experimental teratology might help to clarify the morphogenesis of median facial clefts and of some congenital heart defects.
- [My experience in mercury toxicology: behavioral teratology study of the effects of prenatal exposure to environmental pollutants]Hiroshi Satoh
Environmental Health Sciences, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Nihon Eiseigaku Zasshi 62:881-7. 2007..Soon after I became involved in this research field, I came across "behavioral teratology", which is a novel field of study whose focus is understanding the postnatal consequences of exposure to harmful ..
- Birth defects research: improving surveillance methods and addressing epidemiologic questions and public health issuesRussell S Kirby
Department of Maternal and Child Health, School of Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 35294, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:645. 2005
- [Maple syrup vs. congenital anomaly...--Report from 44th Annual Meeting of the Teratology Society--Vancouver, Canada]Franciszek Burdan
Pracownia Teratologii Doświadczalnej działajaca przy Katedrze i Zakładzie Anatomii Prawidłowej Człowieka AM, Lublinie
Ginekol Pol 76:337-8. 2005
- Morphological studies in modern teratological investigationsFranciszek Burdan
Experimental Teratology Unit, Department of Human Anatomy, Medical University of Lublin, 20 074 Lublin, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 64:1-8. 2005..A single alizarin red S and double alcian blue followed by alizarin red S staining, as well as various methods of soft tissue examination are discussed...
- Occupational exposures and reproductive health: 2003 Teratology Society Meeting Symposium summaryBarbara Grajewski
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 74:157-63. 2005....
- Paternal exposure and counselling: experience of a Teratology Information ServiceMarco De Santis
Telefono Rosso Teratology Information Service, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Reprod Toxicol 26:42-6. 2008We describe paternal exposure and counselling in a selected population calling to an Italian Teratology Information Service (TIS)...
- An updated history of the Teratology SocietyThomas H Shepard
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88:263-85. 2010The 49-year history of the Teratology Society is reviewed. An abbreviated history is outlined in table form, with listings of the Warkany Lectures, the Continuing Education Courses, and officers of the society...
- Behavioral toxicology in the 21st century: challenges and opportunities for behavioral scientists. Summary of a symposium presented at the annual meeting of the neurobehavioral teratology society, June, 2009Philip J Bushnell
National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, U S Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, NC 27711, United States
Neurotoxicol Teratol 32:313-28. 2010..A symposium was convened at the annual meeting of the Neurobehavioral Teratology Society in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico in June, 2009 to discuss the potential challenges and opportunities for ..
- Perspectives on the use of the baboon in embryology and teratology researchA G Hendrickx
California Regional Primate Research Center, University of California, Davis 95616 8542, USA
Hum Reprod Update 3:575-92. 1997..The baboon, in addition to the cynomologus monkey and macaque, has been used as a model in teratology research to assess the potential risk of thalidomide, sex steroids, Bendectin and rubella virus, as well as to ..
- The effectiveness of Teratology Information Services (TIS)Rebecca L Hancock
Department of Child Health Evaluative Sciences, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Reprod Toxicol 23:125-32. 2007..Evidence-based information on these topics is provided by Teratology Information Services (TIS)...
- The teratology of autismTara L Arndt
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Rochester Medical Center, 601 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 23:189-99. 2005..In addition, it is possible to duplicate a number of anatomic and behavioral features characteristic of human cases by exposing rat embryos to a teratogenic dose of valproic acid at the time of neural tube closure...
- The neurobehavioral teratology of retinoids: a 50-year historyJane Adams
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts Boston, 100 Morrissey Boulevard, Boston, MA 02125, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88:895-905. 2010This review of the central nervous system (CNS) and behavioral teratology of the retinoids over the last 50 years is a commemorative retrospective organized by decade to show the prominent research focus within each period and the most ..
- [From teratology to mythology: ancient legends]A Stahl
Hopital de la Timone, Marseille, France
Arch Pediatr 17:1716-24. 2010..b>Teratology reports on monstrous births, which have constituted the factual basis from which the imagination conceived ..
- Conceptual issues in behavioral teratology and their application in determining long-term sequelae of prenatal marihuana exposureP A Fried
Department of Psychology, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 43:81-102. 2002Behavioral teratology, particularly as it is applied to the evaluation of cognition and behavior of children beyond the toddler stage, has become an area of burgeoning activity...
- Prospective teratology of retinoic acid metabolic blocking agents (RAMBAs) and loss of CYP26 activityP McCaffery
Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD, UK
Curr Pharm Des 13:3020-37. 2007..The possible effects of RAMBAs on the adult brain are also described that have the potential for harm but, in the right circumstances, may also be beneficial...
- Teratology: from science to birth defects preventionSonja A Rasmussen
National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 85:82-92. 2009....
- Teratology in the 20th century: environmental causes of congenital malformations in humans and how they were establishedHarold Kalter
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati, OH, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 25:131-282. 2003
- The contribution of new findings and ideas to the old principles of teratologyRichard Jelínek
Department of Histology and Embryology, Charles University 3rd Faculty of Medicine, Ruska 87, 100 00 Praha 10, Prague, Czech Republic
Reprod Toxicol 20:295-300. 2005Although the last generally accepted concept of principles of teratology was issued more than 30 years ago, the cause of less than 50% of all congenital anomalies is known and no substantial change in their incidence has been observed ..
- Principles and practice of teratology for the obstetricianBarbra Fisher
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Clin Obstet Gynecol 51:106-18. 2008..Common clinical problems of counseling patients about potential teratogenic risks in pregnancy are presented and principles of teratogenicity assessment...
- A new paradigm in toxicology and teratology: altering gene activity in the absence of DNA sequence variationStella Marie Reamon-Buettner
Molecular Medicine and Medical Biotechnology, Fraunhofer Institute of Toxicology and Experimental Medicine, Nikolai Fuchs Strasse 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Reprod Toxicol 24:20-30. 2007..In this paper, we provide an overview of epigenetic mechanisms focusing on recent reviews and studies to serve as an entry point into the realm of 'environmental epigenetics'...
- Teratology public affairs committee position paper: iodine deficiency in pregnancySarah G Obican
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 94:677-82. 2012..To achieve this goal, we recommend that all pregnant and lactating women take daily iodine supplementation of 150 micrograms...
- Immunosuppression and teratology: evolving guidelinesVincent T Armenti
J Am Soc Nephrol 15:2759-60. 2004
- Annual commentary on human teratogensThomas H Shepard
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Genetics and Development, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Teratology 66:275-7. 2002
- Report of the 26th annual meeting of the Behavioral Toxicology SocietyVincent P Markowski
Department of Psychology, University of Southern Maine, 96 Falmouth Street, Portland, Maine 04104, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 29:586-7. 2007
- Joint models for toxicology studies with dose-dependent number of implantationsAndrew S Allen
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics and Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Risk Anal 22:1165-73. 2002..In a simulation study, our approach has smaller bias and variance than the multiple imputation procedure of Dunson...
- Optimal designs for estimating the effective dose in developmental toxicity experimentsDaniel Krewski
McLaughlin Centre for Population Health Risk Assessment, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1N 6N5
Risk Anal 22:1195-205. 2002....
- [Wilson's principles--a base of modern teratology]Franciszek Burdan
Akademia Medyczna w Lublinie, Pracownia Teratologii Doświadczalnej Katedry i Zakładu Anatomii Prawidłowej Człowieka
Pol Merkur Lekarski 20:358-61. 2006..Manifestations of deviant development depends on the dosage and exposure frequency. In case of abnormal development the final manifestations include death of embryo or fetus, malformation, growth retardation and functional disorder...
- Teratology study of derivatives of tetramethylcyclopropyl amide analogues of valproic acid in miceAkinobu Okada
Drug Safety Research Laboratories, Astellas Pharma, Inc, Osaka, Japan
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 77:227-33. 2006..The objective of this study was to investigate the teratogenic effects of these compounds in NMRI mice...
- Early first-trimester sibutramine exposure : pregnancy outcome and neonatal follow-upMarco De Santis
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Telefono Rosso Teratology Information Service, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Drug Saf 29:255-9. 2006..The objective of our study was to determine whether sibutramine exposure during pregnancy constitutes a risk factor to the mother and developing fetus...
- Murine teratology of fluconazole: evaluation of developmental phase specificity and dose dependenceGian M Tiboni
Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Medicine and Science, Faculty of Medicine and Surgery, University G D Annunzio, Chieti Pescara Hospital SS Annunziata, Via dei Vestini, 66013 Chieti, Italy
Pediatr Res 58:94-9. 2005..Besides showing that fluconazole operates under a strict dose-response mechanism, the study identified 175 mg/kg as the lowest observed adverse effect level for cleft palate induction, with 7.6% of the exposed fetuses being affected...
- [Etienne Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire (1772-1844) and anencephaly: Contribution of one naturalist to medical knowledge]Pierre Charon
Hist Sci Med 38:365-83. 2004..His works will be continued by his son, Isidore, doctor, who is considered as the Teratology science founder.
- Comments from the Behavioral Teratology Committee of the Japanese Teratology Society on OECD guideline for the testing of chemicals, proposal for a new guideline 426, developmental neurotoxicity study, draft document (September 2003)Yoshihiro Fukui
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Neurobiology, University of Tokushima School of Medicine, Tokushima, Japan
Congenit Anom (Kyoto) 44:172-7. 2004..The member of the Behavioral Teratology (BT) Committee of the Japanese Teratology Society (JTS) reviewed, discussed and commented on the draft Test ..
- Teratology in the 20th century environmental causes of congenital malformations in humans and how they were establishedRobert L Brent
Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, P O Box 269 Wilmington, DE 19899, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 26:1-12. 2004
- Gastrulating chick embryo as a model for evaluating teratogenicity: a comparison of three approachesVictoria J Drake
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 76:66-71. 2006b>Teratology studies must be carefully designed to minimize potential secondary effects of vehicle and delivery routes. A systematic method to evaluate chick models of early embryogenesis is lacking.
- Statement of the Public Affairs Committee of the Teratology Society on the importance of smoking cessation during pregnancyJane Adams
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA 02125, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67:895-9. 2003
- 2005 Josef Warkany lecture: CliniciansAnthony R Scialli
Sciences International, Inc, Alexandria, Virginia 22314 2808, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 76:1-6. 2006
- Comments from the Developmental Neurotoxicology Committee of the Japanese Teratology Society on the OECD Guideline for the Testing of Chemicals, Proposal for a New Guideline 426, Developmental Neurotoxicity Study, Draft Document (October 2006 version), anMakoto Ema
Division of Risk Assessment, Biological Safety Research Center, National Institute of Health Sciences, Tokyo, Japan
Congenit Anom (Kyoto) 47:74-6. 2007..Members of the Developmental Neurotoxicology (DNT) Committee of the Japanese Teratology Society (JTS) reviewed, discussed, and commented on the draft Test Guideline Proposal...
- Embryonic cardiac arrhythmia and generation of reactive oxygen species: common teratogenic mechanism for IKr blocking drugsBengt R Danielsson
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Division of Toxicology, Uppsala University, S 751 24 Uppsala, Sweden
Reprod Toxicol 24:42-56. 2007..A second aim of this review is to demonstrate that the conventional design of teratology studies is not optimal to detect malformations caused by IKr blocking drugs...
- Pregnancy outcome after in utero exposure to valproate : evidence of dose relationship in teratogenic effectOrna Diav-Citrin
The Israeli Teratology Information Service, Israel Ministry of Health, Jerusalem, Israel
CNS Drugs 22:325-34. 2008..Valproate is a first-line antiepileptic agent and is also used in the treatment of bipolar disorder and migraine. It is a known human teratogen. The objective of the study was to evaluate the teratogenic risk of valproate...
- A hitchhiker's guide to the older literature of descriptive teratologyJ Bruce Beckwith
Pathology and Human Anatomy, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California, USA
Am J Med Genet A 143:2862-7. 2007Though relatively neglected in the age of molecular biology, the older literature of teratology includes superb illustrations and descriptions of malformations, and other information of permanent value to science and medicine...
- Providing information regarding exposures in pregnancy: a survey of North American Teratology Information ServicesRebecca L Hancock
Department of Child Health Evaluative Sciences, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Reprod Toxicol 25:381-7. 2008b>Teratology Information Services (TIS) provide information on exposures during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Maintaining ongoing funding is a challenge. The purpose was to gather descriptive information on current TIS operations.
- Regenerative medicine: stem cells and the science of monstrosityMelinda Cooper
Department of Sociology, Division of Society, Culture, Media and Philosophy, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia
Med Humanit 30:12-22. 2004The nineteenth century science of teratology concerned itself with the study of malformations or "monstrosities", as they were then called...
- Blind ambition: Geoffroy St-Hilaire's theory of everythingPaul Humphries
Institute for Land, Water and Society, School of Environmental Sciences, Charles Sturt University, Albury, NSW 2640, Australia
Endeavour 31:134-9. 2007..But during his time in Egypt, when he was free to roam physically and intellectually, he formulated a radical, all-encompassing theory, which he claimed could explain all natural forces and processes in the world...
- [ Legal aspects of advice provided by an institutional pharmacovigilance specialist to health-care professionals. Consequences in the field of teratology ]J P Demarez
Département Pharmacologie Clinique, Hopital Saint Antoine, Paris, France
Therapie 57:186-8. 2002..However, this hypothesis is purely academic. If action were taken to render a pharmacovigilance specialist liable, it is in fact the State that would have to answer...
- Prenatal drug exposure and teratological risk: one-year experience of an Italian Teratology Information ServiceMarco De Santis
Telefono Rosso Teratology Information Service, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Med Sci Monit 14:PH1-8. 2008..A teratology information service offers rapid scientific counseling to all those worried about prenatal exposure...
- Specified critical period of different congenital abnormalities: a new approach for human teratological studiesAndrew E Czeizel
Foundation for the Community Control of Hereditary Diseases, Budapest, Hungary
Congenit Anom (Kyoto) 48:103-9. 2008..The author of this Commentary proposes a detailed database for this approach for discussion because a consensus may be achieved only after the confirmation or modification of these critical periods...
- Using observational cohort data for studying drug effects on pregnancy outcome--methodological considerationsChristof Schaefer
Pharmakovigilanz und Beratungszentrum für Embryonaltoxikologie BBGes, Berlin Institute for Clinical Teratology and Drug Risk Assessment in Pregnancy, Spandauer Damm 130, Haus 10, 14050 Berlin, Germany
Reprod Toxicol 26:36-41. 2008..Our article describes how Teratology Information Services (TIS) document and evaluate their observations on pregnant women exposed to various drugs ..
- On models for binomial data with random numbers of trialsW Scott Comulada
UCLA Center for Community Health, 10920 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 350, Los Angeles, California 90024 6543, USA
Biometrics 63:610-7. 2007..We extend our models to the analysis of longitudinal and multivariate longitudinal binomial outcomes. Our methodology was motivated by two disparate examples, one from teratology and one from an HIV tertiary intervention study.
- Radiofrequency fields and teratogenesisLouis N Heynick
Consultant, Palo Alto, California 94303, USA
Bioelectromagnetics . 2003..The findings of studies on pregnancy outcomes of female physiotherapists occupationally exposed while treating patients with RFEMF were mixed, but taken collectively, the findings were negative...
- Folic acid supplementation use among women who contact a teratology information serviceKathleen M Stepanuk
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 187:964-7. 2002The purpose of this study was to determine the percentage of the women who call a teratology information service who take folic acid before conception.
- Marginalized binary mixed-effects models with covariate-dependent random effects and likelihood inferenceZengri Wang
Medtronic Inc, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55126, USA
Biometrics 60:884-91. 2004..We discuss the relation between this approach and some existing models and compare the approaches on two datasets...
- Teratology in cultural documents and todayGert Horst Schumacher
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Rostock, Gertrudenstrasse 9, D 18055 Rostock, Germany
Ann Anat 186:539-46. 2004b>Teratology is the science of congenital malformations. The incidence of birth defects amounts to 2-3%, but it doubles postnatal owing to the fact that many dysfunctions are not discernible at birth...
- Holoprosencephaly in Mexico: first reported autopsy case by Dr. Agustín ArellanoFernando Chico-Ponce de León
Hospital Infantil de Mexico Federico Gomez, Mexico, Mexico
Childs Nerv Syst 23:601-10. 2007..We have not found any other report that appeared before 1839 in the Americas on this particular malformation, and we consider that Arellano's paper was the first of its kind on the American continent...
- Suggested statistical standards for NTT manuscripts: notes from two of your reviewersF L Bookstein
Biophysics Research Division, University of Michigan, 300 N Ingalls Bldg, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 27:407-15. 2005..This invited article, by two long-time reviewers for Neurotoxicology and Teratology (NTT) who are also contributors of statistical papers, surveys some of the principles that render a manuscript ..
- [Johann Friedrich Meckel the Younger (1781-1833), an extremely important naturalist and scholar]Rüdiger Schultka
Institut fur Anatomie und Zellbiologie, Martin Luther Universitat Halle Wittenberg, Grosse Steinstrasse 52, D 06097 Halle, Saale
Ann Anat 184:503-8. 2002..Meckel founded the scientific teratology. In the literature he is also referred to the German Cuvier. On 8 April 1802, J. F...
- Exhibiting monstrosity: Chang and Eng, the 'original' Siamese twinsSarah Mitchell
History Department, Virginia Tech, 428 Major Williams Hall, Blacksburg, VA 24061, USA
Endeavour 27:150-4. 2003..The unique case of Chang and Eng illustrates that the boundary between what is of legitimate medical interest and what is considered merely spectacle is often blurred...
- [Fortunato Liceti: a turning point in the study of "monsters" and the beginning of modern teratology]E Fulcheri
Sezione di Anatomia Patologica, Dipartimento di Discipline Chirurgiche Morfologiche e Metodologie Integrate, Universita degli Studi di Genova, Via De Toni 14, I 16132 Genova, Italia
Pathologica 94:263-8. 2002
- Of mice and children: Reminiscences of a teratogeneticistF Clarke Fraser
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 146:2179-202. 2008
- L'Ecole de Nogent: the contributions of Etienne Wolff and Nicole Le DouarinEtienne Wolff
Int J Dev Biol 49:79-83. 2005..What were its main scientific orientations? Two fields of research dominated Etienne Wolff's work: Experimental Teratology and Intersexuality...
- Encomium to accompany "Of mice and children: reminiscences of a teratogeneticist"Charles R Scriver
McGill University, Montreal Children s Hospital Research Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 146:2177-8. 2008
- Ronald J. Lemire: a man for the agesJ Bruce Beckwith
Pathology and Human Anatomy, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, California, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 76:638-44. 2006
- Utilization of animal studies to determine the effects and human risks of environmental toxicants (drugs, chemicals, and physical agents)Robert L Brent
Thomas Jefferson University, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Laboratory of Clinical and Environmental Teratology, Wilmington, Delaware 19899, USA
Pediatrics 113:984-95. 2004..There is no question that whole animal teratology studies are helpful in raising concerns about the reproductive effects of drugs and chemicals, but negative ..
- Harmonisation of rat fetal skeletal terminology and classification. Report of the Third Workshop on the Terminology in Developmental Toxicology. Berlin, 14-16 September 2000R Solecki
Federal Institute for Health Protection of Consumers and Veterinary Medicine, Berlin, Germany
Reprod Toxicol 15:713-21. 2001..Procedures were undertaken to harmonise the terminology used by the International Federation of Teratology Societies (IFTS) and the International Programme on Chemical Safety (IPCS)...
- Introduction and history of the Hungarian project for monitoring suicide attempts in pregnant womenM S Christian
Argus International, Inc, Horsham, PA 18934, USA
Toxicol Ind Health 24:5-9. 2008..of papers provides an important introduction of the so-called disaster epidemiological approach in human teratology. It shows the feasibility of such studies and suggests that an international surveillance system of self-..
- Methanol exposure during gastrulation causes holoprosencephaly, facial dysgenesis, and cervical vertebral malformations in C57BL/6J miceJohn M Rogers
Reproductive Toxicology Division, National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory, Office of Research and Development, United States Environmental Protection Agency, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27711, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 71:80-8. 2004..of gastrulation results in exencephaly, cleft palate, and cervical vertebra malformations [Rogers and Mole, Teratology 55: 364, 1997], while inbred C57BL/6J mice are sensitive to the teratogenicity of ethanol...
- 2-Methoxyethanol metabolism, embryonic distribution, and macromolecular adduct formation in the rat: the effect of radiofrequency radiation-induced hyperthermiaK L Cheever
DHHS PHS, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Division of Applied Research and Technology, 4676 Columbia Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45226, USA
Toxicol Lett 122:53-67. 2001..b>Teratology 43, 621-34; Nelson, B.K., Conover, D.L., Shaw, P.B., Werren, D.W., Edwards, R.M., Hoberman, A.M., 1994...
- Chemistry and safety of triclosan, and its use as an antimicrobial coating on Coated VICRYL* Plus Antibacterial Suture (coated polyglactin 910 suture with triclosan)Thomas A Barbolt
Ethicon Inc, Somerville, New Jersey 08876, USA
Surg Infect (Larchmt) 3:S45-53. 2002..The safety of the antimicrobial agent triclosan was reviewed, and the biocompatibility of coated polyglactin 910 suture with triclosan was evaluated...
- First-trimester itraconazole exposure and pregnancy outcome: a prospective cohort study of women contacting teratology information services in ItalyMarco De Santis
Telefono Rosso Teratology Information Service, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome, Italy
Drug Saf 32:239-44. 2009..Itraconazole is an effective fungal treatment; however, there are few human data on prenatal exposure...
- Isotretinoin exposure and pregnancy outcome: an observational study of the Berlin Institute for Clinical Teratology and Drug Risk Assessment in PregnancyChristof Schaefer
Pharmakovigilanz und Beratungszentrum für Embryonaltoxikologie BBGes, Berlin Institute for Clinical Teratology and Drug Risk Assessment in Pregnancy, Spandauer Damm 130, Haus 10, 14050, Berlin, Germany
Arch Gynecol Obstet 281:221-7. 2010..A detailed investigation of the incidence and outcome of these pregnancies would fill an important gap...
- Environmental causes of human congenital malformations: the pediatrician's role in dealing with these complex clinical problems caused by a multiplicity of environmental and genetic factorsRobert L Brent
Thomas Jefferson University, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Laboratory of Clinical and Environmental Teratology, Wilmington, Delaware 19899, USA
Pediatrics 113:957-68. 2004There have been amazing advances in embryology, teratology, reproductive biology, genetics, and epidemiology in the past 50 years that have provided scientists and clinicians with a better perspective on the causes of congenital ..
- Nongenital malformations following exposure to progestational drugs: the last chapter of an erroneous allegationRobert L Brent
Research Department, Alfred I duPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware 19899, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:906-18. 2005..In 1987 the FDA held a hearing in which the FDA, the Teratology Society, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and ..
- Human teratogens: update 2010Lewis B Holmes
Genetics Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital for Children, and Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 91:1-7. 2011..g., Organization of Teratogen Information Systems [OTIS] and European Network Teratology Information Services [ENTIS]), reference books, annual meetings of the Teratology Society, and published ..
- Rift valley feverGertruida H Gerdes
Department of Virology, P Bag X05, Veterinary Research Institute, Onderstepoort 0110, South Africa
Vet Clin North Am Food Anim Pract 18:549-55. 2002..New-generation vaccines are being tested, because the existing mousebrain-attenuated strain induces fetal teratology or abortion in a percentage of pregnant animals...
- Selection bias in Teratology Information Service pregnancy outcome studiesK A Johnson
Department of Pediatrics, University of California San Diego, 200 W Arbor Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Teratology 64:79-82. 2001Pregnancy outcome studies conducted through Teratology Information Services (TIS) rely on volunteer subjects...
- New proposals for testing drugs with IKr-blocking activity to determine their teratogenic potentialMiriam Karlsson
Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Division of Toxicology, S 751 24, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Curr Pharm Des 13:2979-88. 2007..It is the contention of this paper that the existing repeat dose regimen used in teratology studies to fulfil regulatory requirements, does not properly identify the teratogenic risk of these drugs...
- Safety of leukotriene receptor antagonists in pregnancyLudmila N Bakhireva
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 119:618-25. 2007..Asthma is a chronic disorder that affects about 8% of pregnant women and may complicate pregnancy. Adequate asthma therapy in pregnancy is crucial but challenging because of safety concerns for the fetus...
- A survey of pregnant women using isotretinoinJulia Robertson
Utah Department of Health, Division of Community and Family Health Services, Birth Defects and Genetics Program, Pregnancy RiskLine, Salt Lake City, 84114 4691, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:881-7. 2005..Isotretinoin is a known human teratogen, causing birth defects and/or subnormal cognitive performance in prenatally-exposed children...
- ILSI/HESI maternal toxicity workshop summary: maternal toxicity and its impact on study design and data interpretationBruce K Beyer
Department of Disposition, Safety and Animal Research Preclinical Safety, Sanofi Aventis US Inc, Bridgewater, New Jersey 08807 0800, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 92:36-51. 2011Workshops on maternal toxicity were held at the annual Society of Toxicology, Teratology Society, and European Teratology Society meetings in 2009. Speakers presented background information prior to a general discussion on this topic...
- Postmarketing surveillance for human teratogenicity: a model approachC D Chambers
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Diego, CA 92103 8446, USA
Teratology 64:252-61. 2001..The purpose of this report is to outline a complementary approach that can be used in addition to other more established methods to provide the most comprehensive evaluation of prenatal exposures with respect to teratogenicity...
- Embryo/fetal development studies with hydroxypropyl methylcellulose acetate succinate (HPMCAS) in rats and rabbitsGregg D Cappon
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Building 274 MS 1260, Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 68:421-7. 2003..HPMCAS) to produce developmental and reproductive toxicity in a series of studies that included rat and rabbit teratology studies, a rat fertility study, and a rat peri- and postnatal study...
- Depression during pregnancy: views on antidepressant use and information sources of general practitioners and pharmacistsTessa Ververs
Department of Perinatology and Gynaecology, University Medical Center Utrecht, PO Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
BMC Health Serv Res 9:119. 2009..In this study, we investigated information sources used by general practitioners (GPs) and pharmacists and their common practices...
- Failure of homocysteine to induce neural tube defects in a mouse modelGregory D Bennett
Department of Genetics Cell Biology and Anatomy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5805, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 77:89-94. 2006..The majority of the teratology studies have been carried out using the chicken embryo model...
- Angiotensin II-receptor-antagonists: further evidence of fetotoxicity but not teratogenicityChristof Schaefer
Fachbereich Embryonaltoxikologie Department of Embryotoxicology, Berliner Betrieb für Zentrale Gesundheitliche Aufgaben, Berlin, Germany
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 67:591-4. 2003..The two databases of the Berlin Teratology Information Service (TIS) were evaluated for pregnancy outcome following exposure to AT II-receptor-antagonists...
- Gestational toluene exposure effects on spontaneous and amphetamine-induced locomotor behavior in ratsScott E Bowen
Department of Psychology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Neurotoxicol Teratol 29:236-46. 2007..Bowen, S.E., Mohammadi, M.H., Batis, J.C., and Hannigan, J.H. Neurotoxicology and Teratology, XX, 2006...
- Teratogenicity of the I(Kr)-blocker cisapride: relation to embryonic cardiac arrhythmiaAnna Carin Sköld
Division of Toxicology, Department of Pharmaceutical Biosciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Reprod Toxicol 16:333-42. 2002..In contrast to mosapride, cisapride causes embryonic lethality in teratology studies, and has been related to fatal cardiac arrhythmia in the adult...
- Lack of adaptive response of gamma radiation for protection against neutron-induced teratogenesisHae June Lee
Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Science, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 83:502-6. 2008Although there are some reports on neutron teratology, there is little information on the adaptive response of gamma radiation for protection against neutron-induced teratogenesis...
- Pediatricians' knowledge, training, and experience in the care of children with fetal alcohol syndromeSheila Gahagan
Center for Human Growth and Development, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0406, USA
Pediatrics 118:e657-68. 2006..The purpose of this study was to identify current knowledge, diagnosis, prevention, and intervention practices related to fetal alcohol syndrome and related conditions by members of the American Academy of Pediatrics...
- Safety of a Novel Calcium/Potassium Saltof (-)-Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA-SX): II.Developmental Toxicity Study in RatsN S Deshmukh
INTOX Private Limited, Pune, MS, 412108, India
Toxicol Mech Methods 18:443-51. 2008..affect fat synthesis and reduce food intake, processes that are often crucial in normal fetal development, this teratology study was undertaken as part of a multigeneration reproductive investigation...
- Studies of the toxicological potential of capsinoids: IV. Teratology studies of CH-19 Sweet extract in rats and rabbitsBruce K Bernard
SRA International, Inc, Cambridge, Maryland 21613, USA
Int J Toxicol 27:41-57. 2008In order to evaluate the safety of CH-19 Sweet extract that contains capsinoids, teratology studies were conducted in pregnant Sprague-Dawley rats (20 rats per group) and pregnant New Zealand white rabbits (17 to 22 animals per group)...
- Modeling the impact of alcohol on cortical development in a dish: strategies from mapping neural stem cell fateRajesh C Miranda
Department of Neuroscience and Experimental Therapeutics, College of Medicine, Texas A and M Health Science Center, College Station, TX, USA
Methods Mol Biol 447:151-68. 2008..The combination of neurosphere culture and stepwise maturation models will enable us to dissect out the contributions of specific developmental critical periods to the overall teratology of a drug of abuse like ethanol.
- Evaluation of the risk of congenital cardiovascular defects associated with use of paroxetine during pregnancyAdrienne Einarson
Motherisk Program, Hospital for Sick Children, Division of Clinical Pharmacology, University of Toronto, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 165:749-52. 2008..In this study, the authors sought to determine whether paroxetine was associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular defects in infants of women exposed to the drug during the first trimester of pregnancy...
- Sperm characteristics and teratology in rats following vas deferens occlusion with RISUG and its reversalN K Lohiya
Centre for Advanced Studies, Department of Zoology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur, India
Int J Androl 33:e198-206. 2010..The body weight, organ weight, sperm characteristics, fertility test and teratology, including skeletal morphology were evaluated in vas occlusion and reversal animals and in F(1) progenies to ..
- History and status of embryology and developmental biology at Polish Medical Faculties and SchoolsHieronim Bartel
Department of Histology and Embryology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Int J Dev Biol 52:141-6. 2008..They conduct scientific research on normal development of the human embryo as well as teratology studies. In the XX century, eminent medicine-related embryologist included professors Emil Godlewski Jr...
- The effect of administration time on malformations induced by three anticonvulsant agents in C57BL/6J mice with emphasis on forelimb ectrodactylyM D Collins
Children s Hospital Research Foundation, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Ohio 45229
Teratology 44:617-27. 1991..The forelimb ectrodactyly response in the C57BL/6J strain was compared with the A/J strain (Collins et al., Teratology, 41:61-70, 1990); it was found that the C57BL/6J strain was more sensitive to dimethadione and the A/J strain ..
- Methylmercury alters glutamate transport in astrocytesM Aschner
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1083, USA
Neurochem Int 37:199-206. 2000..J., 1997. Cognitive deficit in 7-year-old children with prenatal exposure to methylmercury. Neurotoxicology and Teratology 19, 417-428) suggest that fetal exposure at levels attained by mothers eating fish regularly during pregnancy ..
- Genetic and pathologic aspects of retinoic acid-induced limb malformations in the mouseGrace S Lee
Molecular Toxicology Interdepartmental Program, University of California Los Angeles, 10833 Le Conte Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 88:863-82. 2010..are common across the phylogenetic spectrum, it would be logical to predict that murine strain differences in teratology to this agent are minimal. However, for specific defects, strain susceptibilities are vastly different...
- High vitamin A intake in early pregnancy and major malformations: a multicenter prospective controlled studyP Mastroiacovo
Servizio Difetti Congeniti, Policlinico Universitario A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Teratology 59:7-11. 1999The European Network of the Teratology Information Services (ENTIS) collected and evaluated data on 423 pregnancies exposed during the first 9 weeks of gestation to a "high" dose of vitamin A (10,000 IU per day or more)...
- A safety assessment of tumor necrosis factor antagonists during pregnancyVanessa C Osting
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa, USA
Expert Opin Drug Saf 9:421-9. 2010..Because these autoimmune disorders often affect women in their childbearing years, the safety of anti-TNF therapy in pregnancy becomes important...
- The safety of cetirizine during pregnancy. A prospective observational cohort studyCorinna Weber-Schoendorfer
Pharmakovigilanz und Beratungszentrum Embryonaltoxikologie Berlin, Berlin Institute for Clinical Teratology and Drug Risk Assessment in Pregnancy, Spandauer Damm 130, Haus 10, 14050 Berlin, Germany
Reprod Toxicol 26:19-23. 2008..To assess the safety of cetirizine during pregnancy...
- Meeting: Mechanisms of Cell DeathZahra Zakeri; Fiscal Year: 2004..immunology, oncology, neurology, infectious diseases, cardiac infarct and stroke, reproductive biology, teratology, and environmental medicine...
- SPEAKER TRAVEL AND SCIENTIFIC SESSION SUPPORT FOR THE TERATOLOGY SOCIETY 50TH Christina Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2011..Program Announcement (Funding Opportunity Number) CDC-RFA-DD10-1003 * Closing Date 12/11/2009 * Applicant Name Teratology Society * Length of Proposed Project 12 Application Control No...
- Graves'Disease Therapy Risks to Mother and FetusScott A Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2013..When completed, we anticipate that these studies will provide needed epidemiology and basic-teratology data about the relative risks of PTU, MMI, and hyperthyroidism to mother and fetus...
- The Role of Maternal Nutrition in the Teratogenesis of Alcohol in HumansRobert Colin Carter; Fiscal Year: 2013..on fetal alcohol-related growth restriction;(3) to gain expertise in nutritional physiology and alcohol-related teratology that will prepare me to conduct studies examining the roles of pre- and postnatal nutrition in FASD;and finally (..
- microRNAs in Developmental ToxicologyMark E Hahn; Fiscal Year: 2010..However, the possible role of microRNAs in developmental toxicology and teratology has not yet been explored...
- Gene and Nutrient Etiologies of Human Heart DefectsGary M Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..expertise in molecular and nutritional epidemiology, clinical and molecular genetics, and teratology. This research program will enhance scientific understanding of the genetic and nutritional causes of heart ..
- 2012 Teratology Society Annual Meeting - Student/New and Early Stage InvestigatorJOHN MATTHEWSON GRAHAM; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Teratology Society was founded in 1960 to foster the exchange of information relating to the causes and prevention of congenital (birth) defects...
- Transdisciplinary Training for Predoctoral Behavioral ScientistsMelbourne F Hovell; Fiscal Year: 2012..exposure &control;substance abuse &addiction;gene-environment interactions;prenatal &perinatal teratology;and ethnicity &health...
- Gene/environment interactions underlying Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.Neil McCarthy; Fiscal Year: 2012..The results from these aims will have significant impact in the field of ethanol teratology, providing novel insight into both the genetic modulation and mechanism of interaction involved in the etiology ..
- Biomechanics of early mammalian cardiogenesisIrina Larina; Fiscal Year: 2013..for a broad range of research projects on live dynamic analysis of mammalian cardiogenesis, morphogenesis and teratology, contributing to better understanding, prevention and treatment of cardiac birth defects and embryonic failures ..
- 2013 Teratology Society Annual Meeting - Student/New and Early Stage InvestigatorJOHN MATTHEWSON GRAHAM; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Teratology Society was founded in 1960 to foster the exchange of information relating to the causes and prevention of congenital (birth) defects...
- ANALOG STUDIES OF 4-HPR AND ITS GLUCURONIDERobert W Curley; Fiscal Year: 2013..to begin study of the chosen analog in a second (MMTV/ErbB2 mouse) mammary tumor model, 4) to conduct predictive teratology studies of the chosen analog(s), and 5) to explore mechanism of action issues with the chosen analog(s) focusing ..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF BIRTH DEFECTSGERALD GRUNWALD; Fiscal Year: 2009..are provided by opportunities for formal collaboration with scientists at major pharmaceutical companies and teratology contract laboratories in the Philadelphia-New Jersey region...
- TRAINING GRANT IN TERATOLOGYCharles V Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2013..core classes in developmental biology, molecular genetics, cell biology, biochemistry, and ethics in research;teratology students additionally take courses in teratology, biostatistics, and toxicology (recommended)...
- Pregnancy outcomes and asthma medications in pregnancy: a Demonstration ProjectChristina Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2013..will demonstrate the feasibility of using an established cohort pregnancy outcome study design (Organization of Teratology Information Specialists or OTIS), to generate and test hypotheses related to the comparative risk (or safety) ..
- NTP INFORMATION SYSTEMS SUPPORTCLARK ALGAIER; Fiscal Year: 2009..or sponsored by the NTP which include toxicology, carcinogenesis, neurobehavioral, chemical disposition, teratology, and reproductive, genetic toxicity and related in-house studies...
- Neurobehavioral Teratology Society: Zebrafish SymposiumEdward D Levin; Fiscal Year: 2010DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The purpose of the Neurobehavioral Teratology Society (NBTS) is to foster the science of determining the neural mechanisms and persisting behavioral consequences of developmental exposure to toxicants...
- 23RD ANNUAL OTIS EDUCATION CONFERENCEDorothy Quinn; Fiscal Year: 2011..Funding Opportunity Number) CDC-RFA-DD10-1003 * Closing Date 12/11/2009 * Applicant Name Organization of Teratology Information Specialists (OTIS) * Length of Proposed Project 12 Application Control No...
- Annual Meeting of the Neurobehavioral Teratology SocietyCharles V Vorhees; Fiscal Year: 2013This request is for support to help defray the costs of the Annual Meeting of the Neurobehavioral Teratology Society (NBTS) for 5 years...
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF BIRTH DEFECTSJeanne Manson; Fiscal Year: 2001The candidate is a Developmental Biologist with 25 years of experience in Reproductive Toxicology, Teratology and recently in Reproductive Epidemiology...
- 2011 Teratology Society Annual Meeting - Student/Postdoctoral Fellow Travel AwardJOHN MATTHEWSON GRAHAM; Fiscal Year: 2011DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant) The Teratology Society was founded in 1960 to foster the exchange of information relating to congenital (birth) defects including their nature, cause, mechanism, and prevention...
- California Center of the NBDPS - Finding Causes and Preventives of Birth DefectsGARY C SHAW; Fiscal Year: 2013..experts represent manifold disciplines including cell biology, molecular and biochemical genetics, nutrition, teratology, and clinical medicine...
- Utilization of a motility mutant to elucidate myotome formation in zebrafishEthan Carver; Fiscal Year: 2009..development and moreover, will advance an overall mandate of the NICHD, Developmental Biology, Genetics &Teratology (DBGT) Branch: abnormal development that relates to the causes and prevention of congenital and genetic defects...
- PRECLINICAL TOXICOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF DRUGSPatricia Noker; Fiscal Year: 2009..specialized evaluations such as cardiovascular toxicity, neurotoxicity, immunotoxicity, pulmonary toxicity, or reproductive/teratology effects. e) Conduct in vitro studies such as mutagenicity and bone marrow assays.
- Preclinical Toxicology and Pharmacology of Drugs for CancerKORY ENGELKE; Fiscal Year: 2009..specialized evaluations such as cardiovascular toxicity, neurotoxicity, immunotoxicity, pulmonary toxicity, or reproductive/teratology effects. e) Conduct in vitro studies such as mutagenicity and bone marrow assays.
- Preclinical Toxicology & Pharmacology of Drugs Developed for CancerToufan Parman; Fiscal Year: 2010..specialized evaluations such as cardiovascular toxicity, neurotoxicity, immunotoxicity, pulmonary toxicity, or reproductive/teratology effects. e) Conduct in vitro studies such as mutagenicity and bone marrow assays.
- PRECLINICAL TOXICOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF DRUGSPatricia Noker; Fiscal Year: 2010
- Preclinical Toxicology and Pharmacology of Drugs for CancerKory J Engelke; Fiscal Year: 2011
- Preclinical Toxicology &Pharmacology of Drugs Developed for CancerJon Mirsalis; Fiscal Year: 2009
- Developing an Interdisciplinary Research Agenda for Genetics of Birth DefectsGary M Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2013..The meeting will assemble leading scientists from manifold disciplines including teratology, genetics, epidemiology, pediatrics, obstetrics, and molecular biology...
- BZ RECEPTOR EFFECTS OF PRENATAL ETHANOL/BENSODIAZEPINEDomenic Ciraulo; Fiscal Year: 1991..With lower doses, behavioral teratology may be of greater importance than gross congenital anomalies...
- Teratology Society Annual Meetings 2010 - 2014Christina Chambers; Fiscal Year: 2013PROJECT ABSTRACT The Teratology Society will hold its 50th Annual Meeting in Louisville, Kentucky on June 26-30, 2010...
- FASEB SUMMER RESEARCH CONFERENCE ON RETINOIDSPeter Davies; Fiscal Year: 1990..decade to include scientists from areas as diverse as nutrition, cancer prevention, ophthalmology, dermatology, teratology, metabolism, differentiation and development, and molecular and cell biology...
- AROUSAL REGULATORY FUNCTIONS IN COCAINE-EXPOSED CHILDRENLinda Mayes; Fiscal Year: 2004..In these previous five years, I have developed my line of work along models of neurobehaviorail teratology while continuing a thematic focus dating from earlier in my research career on brain-behavior relations and the ..
- 2003 TERATOLOGY SOCIETY MEETINGS: TRAVEL FOR STUDENTSThomas Knudsen; Fiscal Year: 2003..travel, registration, and hotel expenses of 15 predoctoral students and postdoctoral fellows to attend the 2003 Teratology Society Annual meeting in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania...
- Gene-nutrient Etiologies of Neural Tube DefectsGary M Shaw; Fiscal Year: 2010..expertise in molecular and nutritional epidemiology, clinical, molecular, and murine genetics, and teratology. This research program will enhance scientific understanding of the genetic and nutritional causes of NTDs...
- Miscarriage and Birth Defects in 20th-Century AmericaLESLIE REAGAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..for support to allow me to finish writing and revising my book manuscript on the history of pregnancy loss and teratology. This project questions the current assumption that the meaning of miscarriage is universal and unchanging and ..
- Cross Talk in Retinoid Teratology in Neural CrestMelissa Colbert; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- COMPUTER ATLAS OF MOUSE DEVELOPMENTBETSEY WILLIAMS; Fiscal Year: 1993..advance knowledge in many fields, especially molecular biology, genetic engineering, developmental biology and teratology. In Phase I, a prototype of two- and three-dimensional color atlases will be constructed from paraffin 10mum ..
- BEHAVIORAL TERATOLOGY OF METHYLMERCURYM Newland; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- BIBLIOGRAPHIC TERATOLOGY/DEVELOPMENT TOXICOLOGY DATANANCY KAELBER; Fiscal Year: 1992The purpose of this project is to build and maintain a new bibliographic database in teratology and developmental toxicology...
- 2004 TERATOLOGY SOCIETY MEETINGS: TRAVEL FOR STUDENTSThomas Knudsen; Fiscal Year: 2004..travel, registration, and hotel expenses of 15 predoctoral students and postdoctoral fellows to attend the 2004 Teratology Society Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC, Canada...
- Intl. Conference On Male-Mediated Development ToxicityAndrew Olshan; Fiscal Year: 2001..The scientific program will feature leaders in the fields of reproductive toxicology, teratology, epidemiology, cancer, developmental biology, environmental toxicology, and occupational health...
- Craniofacial Microsomia and Genetic Variation in Hemostasis and VasculogenesisJACQUELINE STARR; Fiscal Year: 2009..Epidemiologic, clinical, and teratology studies have strongly supported the vascular disruption hypothesis for CFM...
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESC Cook; Fiscal Year: 1992..Current research programs include the studies of toxicology, teratology, metabolism, pharmacokinetics of xenobiotic materials, reproduction and fertility, (including assessment of ..
- Environmental factors in the etiology of glaucomaJohn Schenkman; Fiscal Year: 2006..One of the major objectives of teratology is to anticipate risks before they materialize...
- THE EVALUATION AND BANKING OF ABORTED FETAL TISSUESDAVID BRANCH; Fiscal Year: 1993..Embryonic and fetal tissues will be analyzed for chromosomal abnormalities will undergo a detailed teratology/dysmorphology examination, and will be cultured for relevant bacteria and viruses...
- 2001 TERATOLOGY SOCIETY MEETINGPhilip Mirkes; Fiscal Year: 2001..to support the travel, registration, and hotel expenses of predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees to attend the Teratology Society 2001 meeting...
- GENOMICS, PROTEOMICS, BIOINFORMATICS & DEVELOPMENTAL TOXPhilip Mirkes; Fiscal Year: 2000..Because the audience for this symposium is interdisciplinary, i.e., basic scientists in teratology/developmental toxicology, developmental biology, pharmacology, regulatory biology, epidemiology, and ..
- 2002 TERATOLOGY SOCIETY MEETING: TRAVEL SUPPORTPhilip Mirkes; Fiscal Year: 2002..to support the travel, registration, and hotel expense of predoctoral and postdoctoral trainees to attend the Teratology Society 2002 meeting...
- Scientific Meeting: Mechanisms of Cell DeathZahra Zakeri; Fiscal Year: 2006..immunology, oncology, neurology, infectious diseases, cardiac infarct and stroke, reproductive biology, teratology, and environmental medicine...
- MINORITY BIOMEDICAL RESEARCH SUPPORT PROGRAMCURTIS MCDONALD; Fiscal Year: 1999..of those problems which obstruct knowledge of basic mechanisms involved in carcinogenesis, immunogenesis, teratology, toxicology, bioenergetics and other normal and abnormal developmental phenomena...
- BIOSTATISTICAL METHODS FOR CARCINOGENICITY EXPERIMENTSStephen Lagakos; Fiscal Year: 1990..of pathology information in analysis of tumor onset; (4) Adaptive sacrifice methods; and (5) Methods for rodent teratology experiments...
- Exact Inference Software for Correlated Categorical DataPralay Senchaudhuri; Fiscal Year: 2004..Such data are now common in many, biomedical areas of research, such as genetics, ophthalmology, and teratology. In addition, exact methods are not available in any commercial package and are badly needed for accurate ..
- DEVELOPING AND IMPROVING INSTITUTIONAL ANIMAL RESOURCESC Cook; Fiscal Year: 1990..Current research programs include the studies of toxicology, teratology, metabolism, pharmacokinetics of xenobiotic materials, reproduction and fertility, (including assessment of ..
- Stress, Development, and PsychopathologyJerrold Meyer; Fiscal Year: 2002..Development, and Psychopathology", to be part of the program at the Annual Meeting of the Neurobehavioral Teratology Society...
- PRENATAL COCAINE EXPOSURE & CNS FUNCTION IN ADULT RATSSHELDON SPARBER; Fiscal Year: 1992..exist in the literature, we expect to contribute to a nonexistent database with preliminary studies over the first 1-2 years, to establish appropriate dosing schedules for subsequent functional teratology and mechanistic experiments.
- RELAPSE OF BIPOLAR DISORDER DURING PREGNANCYAdele Viguera; Fiscal Year: 2003..in mood disorders and psychopharmacology research, perinatal psychiatry, obstetrics, reproductive endocrinology, teratology, research ethics, and formal coursework in statistics and research design aimed at satisfying requirements for ..
- Genes&Gene Delivery for Diseases of Alcoholism SymposiumFulton Crews; Fiscal Year: 2001..meeting include 1) CNS Genes and Pathology 2) Genes, Cells and Hepatotoxicity and 3) Stem Cells, Development and Teratology. The format will include invited presentations from prominent investigators and poster sessions...