Genomes and Genes
Summary: Ducts that collect PANCREATIC JUICE from the PANCREAS and supply it to the DUODENUM.
Articles from Journal RESEARCH
Articles from Journal RESEARCH1
Publications302 found, 100 shown here
- GLI1 is regulated through Smoothened-independent mechanisms in neoplastic pancreatic ducts and mediates PDAC cell survival and transformationOlivier Nolan-Stevaux
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Genes Dev 23:24-36. 2009....
- Direct evidence for the pancreatic lineage: NGN3+ cells are islet progenitors and are distinct from duct progenitorsGuoqiang Gu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 129:2447-57. 2002..5 (E9.5-E11.5). These findings suggest that lineages for exocrine, endocrine islet and duct progenitors are committed at mid-gestation...
- Carbonic anhydrase II-positive pancreatic cells are progenitors for both endocrine and exocrine pancreas after birthAkari Inada
Section of Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:19915-9. 2008..Additionally, neogenesis or the budding of new islet cells from pancreatic ducts has been reported, but the existence and identity of a progenitor cell have been debated...
- Sox9+ ductal cells are multipotent progenitors throughout development but do not produce new endocrine cells in the normal or injured adult pancreasJanel L Kopp
Department of Pediatrics and Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0695, USA
Development 138:653-65. 2011....
- In vivo lineage tracing defines the role of acinar-to-ductal transdifferentiation in inflammatory ductal metaplasiaOliver Strobel
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Gastroenterology 133:1999-2009. 2007..However, available studies are based on interpretation of static data rather than on direct evidence. Transdifferentiation from acinar to ductal cells has never been confirmed in the adult pancreas...
- Modulation of rat pancreatic acinoductal transdifferentiation and expression of PDX-1 in vitroI Rooman
Department of Experimental Pathology, Free University of Brussels VUB, Belgium
Diabetologia 43:907-14. 2000..This has also been associated with the formation of new endocrine islet cells. We aimed to establish an in vitro model in which this transdifferentiation process is characterised and can be modulated...
- Pancreatic duct replication is increased with obesity and type 2 diabetes in humansA E Butler
Larry Hillblom Islet Research Center, UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90024 2852, USA
Diabetologia 53:21-6. 2010..The aim of the study reported here was to establish if obesity and/or type 2 diabetes are associated with increased pancreatic ductal replication in humans...
- Notch and Kras reprogram pancreatic acinar cells to ductal intraepithelial neoplasiaJean Paul De La O
Department of Human Genetics, University of Utah, 15 North 2030 East, Room 2100, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18907-12. 2008..At the cellular level, Notch/Kras coactivation promotes rapid reprogramming of acinar cells to a duct-like phenotype, providing an explanation for how a characteristically ductal tumor can arise from nonductal acinar cells...
- In vitro cultivation of human islets from expanded ductal tissueS Bonner-Weir
Joslin Diabetes Center, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:7999-8004. 2000..This approach may provide a potential new source of pancreatic islet cells for transplantation...
- Does pancreatic duct stenting decrease the rate of pancreatic fistula following pancreaticoduodenectomy? Results of a prospective randomized trialJordan M Winter
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 10:1280-90; discussion 1290. 2006..3). Internal pancreatic duct stenting does not decrease the frequency or the severity of postoperative pancreatic fistulas...
- Deposition of complement C3c, immunoglobulin (Ig)G4 and IgG at the basement membrane of pancreatic ducts and acini in autoimmune pancreatitisSönke Detlefsen
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Schleswig Holstein, Campus Kiel, Kiel, Germany
Histopathology 57:825-35. 2010..The aim was to investigate the deposition of complement and immunoglobulins in pancreatic tissue from AIP patients compared to non-AIP patients...
- Mechanisms of bicarbonate secretion in the pancreatic ductMartin C Steward
Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Annu Rev Physiol 67:377-409. 2005....
- Pancreatic ductal cells in development, regeneration, and neoplasiaMaximilian Reichert
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 121:4572-8. 2011..We also address the potential contributions of ductal cells to neoplastic transformation, specifically in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma...
- Gastrin stimulates beta-cell neogenesis and increases islet mass from transdifferentiated but not from normal exocrine pancreas tissueIlse Rooman
Cell Differentiation Group, Diabetes Research Center, Free University of Brussels VUB, Brussels, Belgium
Diabetes 51:686-90. 2002..In conclusion, we demonstrate that administration of gastrin stimulates beta-cell neogenesis and expansion of the beta-cell mass from transdifferentiated exocrine pancreas...
- External drainage of pancreatic duct with a stent to reduce leakage rate of pancreaticojejunostomy after pancreaticoduodenectomy: a prospective randomized trialRonnie T P Poon
Department of Surgery, Queen Mary Hospital, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Ann Surg 246:425-33; discussion 433-5. 2007..This single-center prospective randomized trial compared the results of pancreaticoduodenectomy with external drainage stent versus no stent for pancreaticojejunal anastomosis...
- Risk factors of pancreatic leakage after pancreaticoduodenectomyYin Mo Yang
Department of Surgery, The First Teaching Hospital, Health Science Center, Beijing University, Beijing 100034, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:2456-61. 2005..To analyze the risk factors for pancreatic leakage after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD) and to evaluate whether duct-to-mucosa pancreaticojejunostomy could reduce the risk of pancreatic leakage...
- Differentiation of affinity-purified human pancreatic duct cells to beta-cellsShigeru Yatoh
Section on Islet Transplantation and Cell Biology, Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Diabetes 56:1802-9. 2007..Thus, purified duct cells from adult human pancreas can differentiate to insulin-producing cells...
- Beta cells can be generated from endogenous progenitors in injured adult mouse pancreasXiaobo Xu
Diabetes Research Center, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan 103, B1090 Brussels, Belgium
Cell 132:197-207. 2008....
- Duct-to-mucosa versus end-to-side pancreaticojejunostomy reconstruction after pancreaticoduodenectomy: results of a prospective randomized trialClaudio Bassi
Surgical and Gastroenterological Department, Endocrine and Pancreatic Unit, Hospital G B Rossi University of Verona, Piazzale L A Scuro, 37134 Verona, Italy
Surgery 134:766-71. 2003..There have been many techniques proposed for the reconstruction of pancreatic digestive continuity, but there have been few prospective and randomized studies that compare their efficacy...
- GLP-1/exendin-4 facilitates beta-cell neogenesis in rat and human pancreatic ductsGang Xu
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 73:107-10. 2006
- p53-dependent acinar cell apoptosis triggers epithelial proliferation in duct-ligated murine pancreasC R Scoggins
Departments of Surgery and Cell Biology, The Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center and Nashville Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2736, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 279:G827-36. 2000..These data demonstrate that PDL-induced acinar cell apoptosis is a p53-dependent event and suggest a direct link between acinar cell apoptosis and proliferation of duct-like epithelium in duct-ligated pancreas...
- Analysis of expression profiles of islet-associated transcription and growth factors during beta-cell neogenesis from duct cells in partially duct-ligated miceMing Li
Department of Internal Medicine and Molecular Science, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University, Suita, Japan
Pancreas 27:345-55. 2003..Beta-cell neogenesis from pancreatic duct cells has been reported to occur in duct-ligated rat. Nevertheless, detailed process of this phenomenon has not been clarified...
- Severe chronic pancreatitis versus suspected pancreatic disease: dynamic MR cholangiopancreatography after secretin stimulationR Manfredi
Department of Radiology, A Gemelli University Hospital, Rome, Italy
Radiology 214:849-55. 2000To assess whether secretin stimulation improves visualization of the pancreatic ducts at magnetic resonance (MR) cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) in patients with severe chronic pancreatitis or suspected pancreatic disease.
- Acute pancreatitis accelerates initiation and progression to pancreatic cancer in mice expressing oncogenic Kras in the nestin cell lineageCATHERINE CARRIERE
Department of Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e27725. 2011..Thus, these data show that oncogenic Kras-driven PanIN originating in a non-ductal compartment can rapidly progress to PDAC when subjected to a brief inflammatory insult...
- Duct ligation and pancreatic islet blood flow in rats: physiological growth of islets does not affect islet blood perfusionLeif Jansson
Department of Medical Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Sweden
Eur J Endocrinol 153:345-51. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate islet blood-flow changes during stimulated growth of the islet organ without any associated functional impairment of islet function...
- In vitro modeling of human pancreatic duct epithelial cell transformation defines gene expression changes induced by K-ras oncogenic activation in pancreatic carcinogenesisJiaying Qian
Ontario Cancer Institute Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 65:5045-53. 2005..The in vitro modeling of human pancreatic duct epithelial cell transformation may provide mechanistic insights on gene expression changes that occur during multistage pancreatic duct cell carcinogenesis...
- Pancreatic duct glands are distinct ductal compartments that react to chronic injury and mediate Shh-induced metaplasiaOliver Strobel
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Gastroenterology 138:1166-77. 2010..A majority of PanIN are thought to arise from ducts. We identified a novel ductal compartment that is gathered in gland-like outpouches (pancreatic duct glands [PDG]) of major ducts and characterized its role in injury and metaplasia...
- Pancreatic fibrosis associated with age and ductal papillary hyperplasiaSönke Detlefsen
Department of Pathology, University of Kiel, Michaelisstrasse 11, 24105, Kiel, Germany
Virchows Arch 447:800-5. 2005..The presence of myofibroblasts in association with the fibrotic foci indicates an ongoing fibrogenic process...
- The relationship of anatomic variation of pancreatic ductal system and pancreaticobiliary diseasesSeungmin Bang
Division of Gastroenterology, Institute of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemoon Gu, Seoul 120 752, Korea
Yonsei Med J 47:243-8. 2006..The distribution of types among pancreatic ducts examined was as follows: type A: 491 cases (84.4%), type B: 56 cases (9.6%), type C: 20 cases (3...
- Induction of pancreatic stem/progenitor cells into insulin-producing cells by adenoviral-mediated gene transfer technologyHirofumi Noguchi
Diabetes Research Institute Japan, Toyoake, Aichi 470 1192, Japan
Cell Transplant 15:929-38. 2006..These data suggest that the overexpression of transcription factors, especially NeuroD, facilitates pancreatic stem/progenitor cell differentiation into insulin-producing cells...
- Pancreatic ductal system obstruction and acute recurrent pancreatitisM Delhaye
Department of Gastroenterology, ULB Erasme Hospital, 808 Route de Lennik, B 1070 Brussels, Belgium
World J Gastroenterol 14:1027-33. 2008..This review summarizes current knowledge about diagnostic work-up and therapy of these conditions...
- Hedgehog signaling is required for effective regeneration of exocrine pancreasVolker Fendrich
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Gastroenterology 135:621-31. 2008..Given the known role of Hh signaling in exocrine pancreatic cancer, these findings may provide a mechanistic link between injury-induced activation of pancreatic progenitors and subsequent pancreatic neoplasia...
- Synchronous autoimmune pancreatitis and infiltrating pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma: case report and review of the literatureAgnieszka K Witkiewicz
Department of Pathology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Hum Pathol 39:1548-51. 2008..The mixed inflammatory infiltrate centered on the pancreatic ducts was associated with acinar loss, parenchymal fibrosis, and obliterative venulitis...
- Lineage tracing evidence for transdifferentiation of acinar to duct cells and plasticity of human pancreasIsabelle Houbracken
Cell Differentiation Laboratory, Diabetes Research Center, Free University of Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Gastroenterology 141:731-41, 741.e1-4. 2011..However, little is known about human acinar cell plasticity. We developed nongenetic and genetic lineage tracing methods to study the fate of human acinar cells in culture...
- The role of endoscopy in the therapy of chronic pancreatitisAndrea Tringali
Digestive Endoscopy Unit, Catholic University, A Gemelli University Hospital, Largo Agostino Gemelli 8, 00168 Rome, Italy
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 22:145-65. 2008..Medical, endoscopic and surgical methods for the management of chronic pancreatitis should all be considered in decision-making, and the best treatment should be chosen case by case and according to the local expertise...
- Is there a role for the endoscopic treatment of pain from chronic pancreatitis?Grace H Elta
N Engl J Med 356:727-9. 2007
- Clinical outcomes in patients who undergo extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy for chronic calcific pancreatitisRichard A Kozarek
Sections of Gastroenterology, Urology, and General Surgery, Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 56:496-500. 2002..Our most recent experience with this technology is reviewed...
- Long-term outcomes of endoscopic vs surgical drainage of the pancreatic duct in patients with chronic pancreatitisDjuna L Cahen
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 141:1690-5. 2011..We evaluated the long-term outcome of these patients after 5 years...
- Progenitor cell domains in the developing and adult pancreasJanel L Kopp
Departments of Pediatrics and Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA, USA
Cell Cycle 10:1921-7. 2011..Based upon the combined evidence from these studies, we propose that multipotency is associated with a specific transcriptional signature...
- Endoscopic treatment of pancreatic duct stones using a 10F pancreatoscope and electrohydraulic lithotripsyD A Howell
Division of Gastroenterology, Maine Medical Center, Portland, Maine, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 50:829-33. 1999..Direct contact lithotripsy may provide an additional option for removal of refractory stones. We report our initial experience using a prototype 10F "baby" endoscope to administer electrohydraulic lithotripsy...
- Pancreas divisum: depiction with multi-detector row CTJorge A Soto
Department of Radiology, Boston University Medical Center, One Boston Medical Center Place, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Radiology 235:503-8. 2005..To retrospectively evaluate contrast material-enhanced multi-detector row computed tomography (CT) in the depiction of pancreas divisum...
- Modified fully covered self-expandable metal stents with antimigration features for benign pancreatic-duct strictures in advanced chronic pancreatitis, with a focus on the safety profile and reducing migrationSung Hoon Moon
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Seoul, South Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 72:86-91. 2010..The major limitation of FCSEMSs was frequent migration...
- Exendin-4 differentiation of a human pancreatic duct cell line into endocrine cells: involvement of PDX-1 and HNF3beta transcription factorsJie Zhou
Diabetes Section, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Cell Physiol 192:304-14. 2002..Our results indicate that EX-4 activates adenylyl cyclase and MAP kinase which, in turn, may lead to activation of transcription factors necessary for an endocrine phenotype...
- Pancreatic β-cell neogenesis by direct conversion from mature α-cellsCheng Ho Chung
Sanford Children s Health Research Center, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, California, USA
Stem Cells 28:1630-8. 2010....
- EGF-induced proliferation of adult human pancreatic duct cells is mediated by the MEK/ERK cascadeClaude Rescan
The JDRF Center for Beta Cell Therapy in Europe, University of Florence, Italy
Lab Invest 85:65-74. 2005..Therefore, the present data support a possible role for human adult pancreatic duct cells, following expansion and transdifferentiation, as a source of insulin by transplantation to type I diabetes patients...
- Slc26a6 regulates CFTR activity in vivo to determine pancreatic duct HCO3- secretion: relevance to cystic fibrosisYouxue Wang
The Department of Physiology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 9040, USA
EMBO J 25:5049-57. 2006..deletion of slc26a6 in mice and measurement of fluid and HCO(3)(-) secretion into sealed intralobular pancreatic ducts revealed that deletion of slc26a6 enhanced spontaneous and decreased stimulated secretion...
- Endoscopic treatment of chronic pancreatitis: a multicenter study of 1000 patients with long-term follow-upT Rosch
Dept of Internal Medicine II, Technical University of Munich, Munchen, Germany
Endoscopy 34:765-71. 2002..Smaller series, mostly with a medium-term follow-up period, have reported encouraging results. The present analysis presents long-term follow-up data from a large multicenter patient cohort...
- Long-term clinical outcome after endoscopic pancreatic ductal drainage for patients with painful chronic pancreatitisMyriam Delhaye
Medicosurgical Department of Gastroenterology, Erasme University Hospital, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:1096-106. 2004..The authors evaluated long-term clinical outcome after endoscopic pancreatic ductal drainage, focusing on pain and pancreatic endocrine/exocrine functions...
- Differentiation between autoimmune pancreatitis and pancreatic carcinoma based on endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography findingsTakayoshi Nishino
Department of Gastroenterology, Yachiyo Medical Center, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 477 96 Owada Shinden, Yachiyo, Chiba 276 8542, Japan
J Gastroenterol 45:988-96. 2010....
- Sphincter of Oddi dysfunction: pancreaticobiliary sphincterotomy with pancreatic stent placement has a lower rate of pancreatitis than biliary sphincterotomy aloneE L Fogel
Division of Gastroenterology Hepatology, Indiana University Medical Center Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Endoscopy 34:280-5. 2002..Combined pancreaticobiliary therapy (PBR), using pancreatic stenting in addition to sphincterotomy may therefore be safer...
- The transcription factor hepatocyte nuclear factor-6 controls the development of pancreatic ducts in the mouseChristophe E Pierreux
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Institute of Cellular Pathology, Brussels, Belgium
Gastroenterology 130:532-41. 2006A number of hereditary polycystic diseases are associated with formation of cysts within the pancreatic ducts. The cysts result from abnormal tubulogenesis, but how normal pancreatic duct development is controlled remains poorly ..
- Cytokeratins and cell differentiation in the pancreasL Bouwens
Experimental Pathology Department, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laarbeeklaan, Belgium
J Pathol 184:234-9. 1998..In conditions where there is morphogenetic differentiation such as in fetal life, or where transdifferentiation is occurring, keratins have been used to trace the origin and fate of pancreatic cells...
- Endoscopic therapy for chronic pancreatitisM Delhaye
Medicosurgical Department of Gastroenterology, Erasme University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Scand J Surg 94:143-53. 2005..This treatment is generally safe, minimally invasive, often effective for years, does not prevent further surgery, and can be repeated...
- Mechanical lithotripsy of pancreatic and biliary stones: complications and available treatment options collected from expert centersMiriam Thomas
St Luke s Medical Center, Pancreatic Biliary Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 102:1896-902. 2007..PD and common bile duct (CBD) stones often require mechanical lithotripsy (ML) at ERCP for successful extraction. The frequency and spectrum of complications is not well described in the literature...
- Treatment of pancreatic stones with extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy: results of a multicenter surveyKazuo Inui
Department of Internal Medicine, Fujita Health University, Second Teaching Hospital, Fujita, Japan
Pancreas 30:26-30. 2005..A retrospective multicenter survey was performed to evaluate the efficacy of extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) as a treatment of pancreatic stones...
- Trypsin activates pancreatic duct epithelial cell ion channels through proteinase-activated receptor-2T D Nguyen
Department of Medicine, University of Washington and Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
J Clin Invest 103:261-9. 1999..PAR-2 expression on dog pancreatic ducts and PDEC was verified by immunofluorescence...
- Quantification of pancreatic exocrine function with secretin-enhanced magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography: normal values and short-term effects of pancreatic duct drainage procedures in chronic pancreatitis. Initial resultsM A Bali
Department of Radiology, Hopital Erasme, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Route de Lennik, 808, 1070, Brussels, Belgium
Eur Radiol 15:2110-21. 2005..The initial results in CP patients have demonstrated non-invasively a significant short-term improvement of PFO and TEV after PDDP...
- Cultured pancreatic ductal cells undergo cell cycle re-distribution and beta-cell-like differentiation in response to glucagon-like peptide-1A Bulotta
Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 29:347-60. 2002..The present study has demonstrated that GLP-1 induces a cell cycle re-distribution with a decrease in cell proliferation rate prior to promoting the differentiation of cells towards an endocrine-like phenotype...
- Establishment of animal models for three types of pancreatitis and analyses of regeneration mechanismsYutaku Sakaguchi
First Department of Pathology, Kansai Medical University, Moriguchi City, Osaka, Japan
Pancreas 33:371-81. 2006....
- Pancreatic duct stones in chronic pancreatitis: criteria for treatment intensity and successMichael J Farnbacher
Department of Medicine I, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 56:501-6. 2002..The aim of the study was to evaluate interventional endoscopic management of pancreatic duct stones in patients with chronic pancreatitis by describing therapeutic methods and defining factors that predict technical success...
- MUC4 expression increases progressively in pancreatic intraepithelial neoplasiaMichael J Swartz
Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 117:791-6. 2002..Our data help establish the patterns of MUC4 expression in neoplastic precursors in the pancreas and add further support to the progression model for pancreatic adenocarcinoma...
- Disconnection of the pancreatic duct: an important but overlooked complication of severe acute pancreatitisKumaresan Sandrasegaran
Department of Radiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Radiographics 27:1389-400. 2007..Early recognition of disconnected pancreatic duct obviates unnecessary and potentially harmful drainage procedures...
- Dual effects of n-alcohols on fluid secretion from guinea pig pancreatic ductsHiroyuki Hamada
Department of Internal Medicine, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumaicho, Showaku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C1431-9. 2005..short-chain n-alcohols on fluid secretion and intracellular Ca(2+) concentration ([Ca(2+)](i)) in guinea pig pancreatic ducts. Fluid secretion was measured by monitoring the luminal volume of isolated interlobular ducts...
- Assessment of anomalous pancreaticobiliary ductal junction with high-resolution multiplanar reformatted images in MDCTShigeki Itoh
Department of Technical Radiology, Nagoya University School of Health Sciences, Nagoya, Aichi 461 8673, Japan
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:668-75. 2006..The objective of our study was to assess the capabilities of MDCT for the diagnosis of an anomalous pancreaticobiliary ductal junction using high-resolution multiplanar reformatted (multiplanar reconstruction) images...
- The IIIb isoform of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 is required for proper growth and branching of pancreatic ductal epithelium but not for differentiation of exocrine or endocrine cellsMari Anne Pulkkinen
Biomedicum Helsinki, Program for Developmental and Reproductive Biology and Transplantation Laboratory, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Mech Dev 120:167-75. 2003..Our results thus suggest that Fgfr2b-mediated signaling plays a major role in pancreatic ductal proliferation and branching morphogenesis, but has little effect on endocrine and exocrine differentiation...
- Assessment of the pancreatic and intrapancreatic bile ducts using 0.5-mm collimation and multiplanar reformatted images in multislice CTShigeki Itoh
Department of Technical Radiology, Nagoya University School of Health Sciences, 65 Tsurumai cho Showa ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Eur Radiol 13:277-85. 2003..5-mm axial, 2-mm axial, and 6-mm axial images alone. Seventy-seven patients without obstruction of the main pancreatic ducts (MPD) underwent dual-phase helical scanning of the pancreas using multislice computed tomography (MSCT)...
- The presence of a common channel and associated pancreaticobiliary diseases: a prospective ERCP studyT Kamisawa
Departments of Internal Medicine and Surgery, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, 3 18 22 Honkomagome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8677, Japan
Dig Liver Dis 39:173-9. 2007..There are few endoscopic retrograde cholangiographic studies dealing with the relationship between the presence of a common channel and associated pancreaticobiliary diseases...
- Occult pancreatobiliary reflux in patients with a normal pancreaticobiliary junctionJin Kan Sai
Department of Gastroenterology, Juntendo University, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 57:364-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate pancreatobiliary reflux in individuals with a normal pancreaticobiliary junction...
- Pancreas divisum, an evidence-based review: part I, pathophysiologySteven D Klein
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 60:419-25. 2004
- Formation of insulin-positive cells in implants of human pancreatic duct cell preparations from young donorsM Bogdani
Diabetes Research Center, Brussels Free University VUB, Laarbeeklaan 103, Brussels, 1090 Belgium
Diabetologia 46:830-8. 2003b>Pancreatic ducts are considered as potential sites for neogenesis of beta cells. In vitro studies have reported formation of islets from postnatal human and rodent duct tissue...
- Protein kinase C mediates the inhibitory effect of substance P on HCO3- secretion from guinea pig pancreatic ductsPeter Hegyi
Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences, Univ of Newcastle Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 288:C1030-41. 2005..Western blot analysis revealed that guinea pig pancreatic ducts express the alpha-, beta(I)-, delta-, epsilon-, eta-, theta-, zeta-, and mu-isoforms of PKC...
- Origin of the long common channel based on pancreatographic findings in pancreaticobiliary maljunctionT Kamisawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, 3 18 22 Honkomagome, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8677, Japan
Dig Liver Dis 37:363-7. 2005..Pathogenesis of long common channels was investigated by anatomically analysing the arrangement of pancreatic ducts in pancreaticobiliary maljunction.
- Selective expansion of the beta-cell compartment in the pancreas of keratinocyte growth factor transgenic miceMartin Wagner
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Ulm, Germany
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G1139-47. 2008..Furthermore, the observed phenotype demonstrates that an increase in the beta-cell compartment does not necessarily result in an improved glucose tolerance in vivo...
- Disconnected pancreatic duct syndrome in severe acute pancreatitis: clinical and imaging characteristics and outcomes in a cohort of 31 casesMario Pelaez-Luna
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 68:91-7. 2008..Information regarding the natural history, clinical characteristics, and outcomes of disconnected pancreatic duct syndrome (DPDS) is limited...
- An immunocytochemical profile of the endocrine pancreas using an occlusive duct ligation modelB J Page
Department of Anatomy and Histology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Stellenbosch Tygerberg, South Africa
JOP 1:191-203. 2000..The surplus endocrine tissue formed is presumed to be able to replace pathologically and/or experimentally compromised tissue...
- Islet neogenesis-associated protein-related pentadecapeptide enhances the differentiation of islet-like clusters from human pancreatic duct cellsJuan Li
Department of Endocrinology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, 300 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing, 210029 Jiangsu, China
Peptides 30:2242-9. 2009..We conclude that INGAP peptide enhances the in vitro differentiation of pancreatic duct cells into islet-like clusters...
- Regulation of the Na+/Ca2+ exchanger in rat pancreatic ductsI Ankorina-Stark
August Krogh Institute, Copenhagen University, Universitetsparken 13, DK 2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark
J Membr Biol 186:43-53. 2002..One aim of the present study was to find whether rat pancreatic ducts have a Na+/Ca2+ exchanger, as found in some Ca2+ transporting epithelia...
- Recurrent acute pancreatitis caused by a gastric duplication cyst communicating with an aberrant pancreatic ductSatoshi Oeda
Department of Internal Medicine, Saga Prefectural Hospital, Saga, Japan
Intern Med 49:1371-5. 2010..In August 2008, a cyst gastrostomy was performed between the gastric duplication cyst and the stomach. No recurrence of acute pancreatitis has since occurred...
- Pancreatic development and anatomical variationT Kozu
Institute of Gastroenterology, Tokyo Women s Medical College, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am 5:1-30. 1995..Every endoscopist who engages in pancreatography or related diagnostic and therapeutic procedures should always be aware of all sorts of anatomical variations he or she might encounter...
- Expression and function of alpha(v)beta(3) and alpha(v)beta(5) integrins in the developing pancreas: roles in the adhesion and migration of putative endocrine progenitor cellsV Cirulli
The Islet Research Laboratory at The Whittier Institute for Diabetes, La Jolla, California, USA
J Cell Biol 150:1445-60. 2000..Moreover, we demonstrate the expression of fibronectin and collagen IV in the basal membrane of pancreatic ducts and of cell clusters budding from the ductal epithelium...
- Luminal ATP stimulates fluid and HCO3- secretion in guinea-pig pancreatic ductH Ishiguro
Internal Medicine II, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8560, Japan
J Physiol 519:551-8. 1999..ductal secretion have been investigated by applying ATP and UTP to basolateral and luminal surfaces of pancreatic ducts isolated from the guinea-pig pancreas. 2...
- Cytokine expression and induction of acinar cell apoptosis after pancreatic duct ligation in miceH Yasuda
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Japan
J Interferon Cytokine Res 19:637-44. 1999....
- Duct-to-mucosa pancreatojejunostomy for small main pancreatic duct by the parachute technique after pancreatoduodenectomyKojun Okamoto
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Saitama International Medical Center, Saitama Medical University, Saitama, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 58:1025-8. 2011..The method is also useful for reconstruction with pancreatojejunostomy after pancreatoduodenectomy...
- Radio-anatomic study of the pancreatic duct by MR cholangiopancreatographyC Aube
Department of Radiology, University Hospital, 49033 Angers Cedex 01, France
Surg Radiol Anat 25:64-9. 2003..MRCP enables in vivo anatomic exploration of the main pancreatic duct. Horizontal sections provided new radio-anatomic information. The technique nevertheless remains limited by poor spatial resolution...
- Morphological and functional evaluation of the pancreatic duct with secretin-stimulated magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in alcoholic pancreatitis patientsIsabel Pascual
Department of Gastroenterology, University Clinic Hospital of Valencia, University of Valencia, Avda Blasco Ibanez 17, Valencia, 46010, Spain
Dig Dis Sci 53:3234-41. 2008....
- Accuracy of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in identifying pancreatic duct disruptionLucas M Drake
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425 2900, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 46:696-9. 2012..Our aim was to assess the ability of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) to delineate PD disruption...
- MR cholangiopancreatography: spectrum of pancreatic duct abnormalitiesJohn R Leyendecker
Department of Radiology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78284 7800, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 179:1465-71. 2002
- Pancreaticogastrostomy in patients with considerably dilated pancreatic ductsTakatsugu Oida
Department of Surgery, Social Insurance Yokohama Central Hospital, Yokohama, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 59:2330-2. 2012..We evaluated the early postoperative changes in pancreatic duct dilation after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD) and PG with duct-to-mucosa anastomosis in patients with remarkably dilated pancreatic ducts.
- Orally administered lemon/orange juice improved MRCP imaging of pancreatic ductsZhi Qiang Chu
Department of General Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China
Abdom Imaging 35:367-71. 2010The aim of this study was to determine the effectiveness of oral administration of lemon/orange juice in improving the visualization of pancreatic ducts on MRCP.
- MRCP of congenital pancreaticobiliary malformationT Kamisawa
Department of Internal Medicine, Tokyo Metropolitan Komagome Hospital, Tokyo 113 8677, Japan
Abdom Imaging 32:129-33. 2007..We compared the accuracy of conventional MRCP and endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) in making the diagnosis of congenital pancreaticobiliary malformations...
- Imaging findings in 75 pediatric patients with pancreaticobiliary maljunction: a retrospective case studyWan Liang Guo
Radiology Department, The Children s Hospital Affliated to Soochow University, Suzhou, 215003, China
Pediatr Surg Int 28:983-8. 2012..Early diagnosis and timely treatment largely depend on imaging. We assessed a series of PBM in children, comparing imaging procedure with histological and pathological findings with regard to diagnosis...
- Sonographic demonstration of wall thickness of the gallbladder in pediatric patients with pancreatico-biliary maljunctionMichihiro Sugai
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Hirosaki University School of Medicine, 53 Honcho, Hirosaki, Aomori, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 17:345-8. 2010..We measured sonographic thickness of the gallbladder (GB) and retrospectively examined correlation of it with PBM...
- Pancreatic transection using ultrasonic dissector in pancreatoduodenectomyM Sugiyama
First Department of Surgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, 181 8611, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Surg 182:257-9. 2001..leakage after pancreatoduodenectomy may be caused partly by pancreatic juice leakage from transected branch pancreatic ducts on the pancreatic cut surface that do not drain into the main pancreatic duct after pancreatectomy.
- Pancreatic stenting for malignant ductal obstructionG Costamagna
Department of Surgery, Catholic University, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 36:635-8. 2004..The clinical experience reported in the literature shows that pancreatic plastic stenting for 'obstructive' pain may provide complete relief of pain in about 60% of patients and partial relief in 25%...
- Diagnosis and treatment of pancreaticobiliary maljunction in childrenShigeru Ono
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, 465 Kawaramachi Hirokoji, Kamigyo ku, Kyoto, 602 8566, Japan
Surg Today 41:601-5. 2011..In addition, successive follow-up is necessary for early detection of biliary tract malignancy, especially in patients demonstrating postoperative complications...
- A solid cystic tumor of the pancreas with ossification and possible malignancy, coexisting nonfusion of the pancreatic ductsS Nakamura
Department of Gastroenterology, Gifu Prefectural Tajimi Hospital, Gifu, Japan
J Clin Gastroenterol 33:333-6. 2001..tumor (SCT) of the pancreas accompanied by ossification and possible malignancy, coexisting nonfusion of the pancreatic ducts. There was a 24 x 29 x 33-mm mass with a prominent calcified lesion in the tail of the pancreas detected by ..
- Significant clinical implications of prophylactic pancreatic stent placement in previously normal pancreatic ductsY G Bakman
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Endoscopy 41:1095-8. 2009..following stent placement for prevention of post-ERCP pancreatitis in eight patients with previously normal pancreatic ducts. Subsequent treatment included pancreatic sphincterotomy, balloon dilation of stricture, and placement of ..
- Pancreaticojejunostomy of duct to mucosa anastomosis can be performed more safely without than with a stenting tubeShuji Suzuki
Department of Surgery, Hachioji Digestive Disease Hospital, Hachioji City, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Surg 198:51-4. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the safety of performing a pancreaticojejunostomy with a duct-to-mucosa anastomosis without a stenting tube...
- Pancreatico-biliary ductal unionN Bheerappa
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad-500 082, India
Trop Gastroenterol 22:190-3. 2001..However it requires corroboration by other studies. On the other hand carcinoma of the gall bladder appears to have a close association with abnormally long common channel...
- Congenital dilatation of the common bile duct and pancreaticobiliary maljunction: clinical implicationsWataru Kimura
Department of Gastroenterological and General Surgery, Yamagata University School of Medicine, Yamagata, Japan
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:209-13. 2009....
- Histological study of gallbladder and bile duct epithelia in patients with anomalous arrangement of the pancreaticobiliary ductal system: comparison between those with and without a dilated common bile ductYutaka Noda
Department of Gastroenterology, Sendai City Medical Center, 5 22 1 Tsurugaya, Miyagino ku, Sendai, Miyagi, 983 0824, Japan
J Gastroenterol 42:211-8. 2007..We histologically evaluated the epithelia of the gallbladder (GB) and bile duct (BD) in patients with anomalous arrangement of the pancreaticobiliary ductal system (AAPB), with regard to the shape of the common BD (CBD)...
- Sodium Chloride Cotransporter Regulation by WNK KinaseHui Cai; Fiscal Year: 2010..of polarized epithelia involved in chloride ion transport, such as kidney, clonic crypts, sweat ducts, pancreatic ducts, biliary ducts, epididymis and the ependyma of the brain...
- Trafficking mechanisms for secretory vesicles in pancreatic duct epithelial cellsDuk Su Koh; Fiscal Year: 2013..acute pancreatitis, pathologically activated trypsin, released from acinar cells, and bile acids flowing into pancreatic ducts from adjacent bile ducts...
- Induced Reactive Oxygen Species in a 3-D Human Pancreatitis Model in VitroGregory P Botta; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, we will analyze the effect of increasing concentrations of ethanol on ROS induction within these human pancreatic ducts via fluorescent staining and lipid peroxidation as well as the subsequent DNA damage response and apoptotic ..
- Proteasome-mediated Degradation of Hematopoietic Progenitor Kinase 1 in PancreatiHuamin Wang; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recently, we demonstrated that HPK1 protein is expressed in normal pancreatic ducts, but is lost in >95% of pancreatic ductal carcinoma (PDC) samples...
- Instrumentation for Creating Biological Stents and OcclusionsFRED STERZER; Fiscal Year: 2011..model of minimally invasive microwave balloon catheter instrumentation for producing biological stents in pancreatic ducts and bile ducts and for producing biological occlusions in blood vessels of the liver...
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF CYSTIC FIBROSISGarry R Cutting; Fiscal Year: 2013..chloride channel that is critical for proper hydration of mucous secretions in the pulmonary airways and pancreatic ducts and maintaining the correct concentration of chloride in sweat...
- Optical probe for microscopic cancer identification in minute structuresMartin Feldman; Fiscal Year: 2010..need for small diameter probes to diagnose cancer by imaging tissue in restricted areas, such as in narrow pancreatic ducts. Endoscopic probes that image with coherent near-infrared light have emerged as a powerful clinical tool...
- AN IN VIVO APPROACH TO CELL-BASED THERAPY FOR TYPE I DIABETESBen Z Stanger; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal builds on convincing recent evidence that facultative stem cells reside within the pancreatic ducts and can give rise to large numbers of -cells following a specific form of injury: obstruction of the ..
- Molecular Mechanisms of HCO3- Secretion by the Pancreatic DuctPhilip J Thomas; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will test this hypothesis in model systems and native pancreatic ducts of WT and slc26a6-/- mice and the role of HCO3- secretion in pancreatitis in four specific aims: 1...
- Pancreatic Intra-Islet DuctsGeorge K Gittes; Fiscal Year: 2013..We feel that the pancreatic ducts have emerged as the most likely candidate for a non-[unreadable]-cell source of new [unreadable]-cells...
- EFFECT OF ALCOHOL ON PANCREATIC SECRETIONJorge Valenzuela; Fiscal Year: 1990..causes changes in the character of pancreatic secretion resulting in protein plugs and stones that obstruct pancreatic ducts. None of these hypotheses seem to satisfactorily explain the underlying mechanisms that cause pancreatitis in ..
- RAT MODEL OF TRANSPLANTABLE HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMADouglas Hixson; Fiscal Year: 1992..DDPIV is a cell surface exoprotease normally expresses by hepatocytes, biliary duct cells, activated T-cells, pancreatic ducts and a host of other tissues...
- PROTEIN DRUG DELIVERY BASED ON STABILIZED PROTEINALEXEY MARGOLIN; Fiscal Year: 2000..final formulation of TheraCLEC lipase will be tested for efficacy in digestion of fat in dogs with ligated pancreatic ducts. Using radiolabeled TheraCLEC-lipase, we will follow the lack of absorption or absorption into systemic ..
- NOVEL PROTEASE FORMULATION BASED ON CROSSLINKED CRYSTALSBhami Shenoy; Fiscal Year: 2004..The final formulation will be tested for efficacy in digesting proteins and fats in dogs with ligated pancreatic ducts. Using radiolabeled TheraCLEC-Protease, we will follow the lack of absorption into the systemic circulation...
- POLYCYSTIC KIDNEY DISEASE AND MOUSE JCPK/BPK LOCUSLorraine Flaherty; Fiscal Year: 2001..Extreme dilatations of the bile ducts and pancreatic ducts are often seen. A late onset glomerulocystic disease is present in approximately 25% of the heterozygotes...
- A KNOCK-IN MOUSE FOR MARKING AND ISOLATION OF ALPHA-GUSTSami Damak; Fiscal Year: 2003..expressed in taste receptor cells, but is also expressed in the brush cells of the stomach, intestine and pancreatic ducts. Alpha-Gustducin expressing cells of the digestive tract are suspected to be the chemosensory cells of the ..
- 3D Modeling Software for ERCPJOSEPH TASTO; Fiscal Year: 2004..development of software that will rapidly generate patient-specific 3D polygonal models of the biliary and pancreatic ducts from radiological data sets...
- Isolation of Murine Pancreatic Liver Stem CellsMarkus Grompe; Fiscal Year: 2004..endodermal precursor capable of giving rise to multiple cell types including hepatocytes, bile ducts, pancreatic ducts, acinar cells and endocrine cells...
- Beta-cell Granule Protein Profile by Split Reporter Ass*Regina Kuliawat; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recent approaches focusing on the differentiation of cells from pancreatic ducts or protocols inducing transdifferentiation of liver progenitor cells have demonstrated that these stem/..
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTORS AND THE ENDOCRINE PANCREASJOEL HABENER; Fiscal Year: 2003..to apoptosis and the formation of new beta-cells as they differentiate from progenitor cells located in the pancreatic ducts. The applicant proposes a "transcription factor hypothesis" as a cause of diabetes...
- Cell cycle ontrol of B-cell massGay Crooks; Fiscal Year: 2005..differentiation; these studies will use the combination of a novel model in which epithelial cells of the pancreatic ducts are derived from the transplanted bone marrow of GFP transgenic mice, and lentiviral vectors to express ..
- Strategies to Identify In Vitro Islet ProgenitorsSusan Bonner Weir; Fiscal Year: 2007..Identifying such cell(s) would then direct focus on the expansion and differentiation of that cell type to a sustainable source of new beta cells. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Apical CI/OH-/HCO3-exchanger in kidney and GI tractManoocher Soleimani; Fiscal Year: 2007..They should further facilitate future investigations into the role of this transporter in pathophysiologic states affecting electrolyte and acid-base homeostasis. ..
- Phenotypic Analysis of Young and Old Beta CellsSusan Bonner Weir; Fiscal Year: 2008..Another important outcome of this research should be valuable information about such practical questions as what will lead to successful long-term islet transplantation. ..
- Role of CCK Receptor in Acute Pancreatitis PathogenesisIsaac Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2007..James W. Maher, MD, Director, Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City.  PHS 398/2590 (Rev. 05/01) Page__ 26 Continuation Format Page  ..
- Polyamine metabolism in heart and kidney ischemic injuryManoocher Soleimani; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF NA-DEPENDENT HCO3-TRANSPORTERSManoocher Soleimani; Fiscal Year: 2001..Insight into regulation and gene structure of Na-coupled HCO3 transporters should enhance our knowledge on cell regulation and acid-base homeostasis. ..
- REGULATION OF COLONIC H-K-ATPASE IN THE KIDNEYManoocher Soleimani; Fiscal Year: 2001..Insight into regulation of cHKA will significantly enhance our knowledge on a variety of pathologic conditions associated with electrolyte and acid-base abnormalities. ..
- SECRETORY FUNCTION OF PANCREATIC DUCT CELLSToan Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2003..b) characterize the vectorial release of ATP release from PDEC (autocrine action) c) study the effect of mast cell degranulation, resulting in ATP release, on PDEC secretion (paracrine action). ..
- The Cystic Fibrosis Gene and Chronic PancreatitisJonathan Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, this project's general goals are to develop methods to identify health y individuals who are highly susceptible to CP and CP, and to work towards developing preventative therapy for these individuals. ..
- Evaluation of Biliary Strictures by IDUS, DIA, and FISHMichael Levy; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significance: The study results have the potential to significantly improve the accurate diagnosis of biliary strictures. Earlier and more definitive diagnosis will translate into improved treatment options. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF SECRETORY DIARRHEAJonathan Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2003..Given the pivotal role of CFTR in the pathogenesis of diarrhea and CF this project has excellent prospects of leading to information of practical benefit in the treatment of these conditions. ..
- MOLECULAR STUDIES ON MUC1 PROMOTERMichael Hollingsworth; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, activated GR can stimulate the basal activity of the MUC1 promoter independently of STAT3. STAT3 has been shown to be upregulated in breast cancer cells relative to normal breast epithelial cells. ..
- A Variant in the Betacellulin Gene and Insulin SecretionKristi Silver; Fiscal Year: 2004..In turn, this will lead to new preventative strategies and new molecular targets for the design and effective therapeutic agents. ..
- Biomarkers of UC TumorigenesisTeresa A Brentnall; Fiscal Year: 2010..Both of these goals will help provide the underpinnings for development of cancer prevention strategies in the future. ..
- NAPS2 Continuation - Genome-Wide Association Study of PancreatitisDavid C Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2010..Knowledge of the genetic basis of pancreatitis will lead to new treatments, and help remove the stigma that chronic pancreatitis is only a disease of drunkards. ..
- Pancreatic Cancer Protein Biomarkers for Early DetectionTeresa A Brentnall; Fiscal Year: 2010..further investigated;both of these proteins have marked over-expression in cancer cells, but not in normal pancreatic ducts or in non-ductal pancreatic cells when evaluated by tissue array and immunohistochemistry...
- GENETIC INTERACTIONS AND INSULIN SECRETIONKristi Silver; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Development of Chronic Pancreatitis BiomarkersTeresa A Brentnall; Fiscal Year: 2010..An accurate biomarker for chronic pancreatitis would be of enormous clinical benefit and could save time and costs in comparison to the current gold standard of endoscopic testing for the disease. ..
- MOUSE MODELS OF INSULIN RESISTANCEDomenico Accili; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- MMP-9 in Blood-Brain Barrier Failure in Fulminant Hepatic FailureJustin Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific Aim 2: To determine if inhibition of MMP-9 results in an increase in survival in experimentally induced FHF. ..
- MMP-9 mediates cerebral edema in fulminant liver failureJustin Nguyen; Fiscal Year: 2004..2. To determine whether cerebral edema is attenuated in MMP-9 knockout mice following experimentally induced FHF. ..
- Computer Aided Liver Lesion Detection AlgorithmLawrence Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..Clearly this is the first step in a process of development and if successful will lead to further efforts in automated detection and characterization. ..
- Does Hyperglycemia Predict Pancreatic Cancer Diagnosis?Suresh Chari; Fiscal Year: 2006..The research described in this application is 100% relevant to pancreatic cancer. ..
- Heparin-binding EGF in pancreatic diseaseAnna Means; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The Adenovirus Receptor CAR in Epithelial MalignanciesWOLFGANG KORN; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of heme uptake in intestinal epithelial cellsAliye Uc; Fiscal Year: 2007..heme uptake pathways will have a great impact in understanding disorders associated with iron overload (hereditary hemochromatosis, iron overload secondary to blood transfusions) and nutritional iron deficiency [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RECEPTORS FOR CCK AND OTHER GI-HORMONESCraig Logsdon; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together these studies will provide important insights into the mechanisms regulating pancreatic acinar cell function. ..
- Islet Transplantation - Protection by ImmunobarriersGordon Weir; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work should serve as a guide for the encapsulation and transplantation of xenogeneic islets cells or insulin-producing cells that should eventually be produced from precursor/stem cells. ..
- Linkage of 15q to Insulin Levels in the Old Order AmishKristi Silver; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Regulation of Heme Uptake and Transport in Caco-2 CellsAliye Uc; Fiscal Year: 2007..g. hereditary hemochromatosis, iron overload secondary to blood transfusions) and explore the role of intestinal epithelial cell bi-directional heme movement on the regulation of iron stores. ..
- The role of EGFR signaling in progression of Kras-induced pacreatic tumorsAnna Means; Fiscal Year: 2007..The studies proposed here investigate EGFR signaling as a potential biomarker and/or therapeutic target, by studying its effects on tumorigenesis in a mouse model of pancreatic cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR GENETICS OF HEREDITARY PANCREATITISDavid Whitcomb; Fiscal Year: 2008..The HP and familial pancreatitis studies are especially important because of the statistical power of family studies and the ability to detect modifier genes in a uniform background of susceptibility factors. ..
- The role of Mnbk in Downs Syndrome brain development and agingJerzy Wegiel; Fiscal Year: 2008..This study will provide a foundation for identifying the mechanisms and morphological substrate of specific functional deficits, and should contribute to the improvement of diagnosis and treatment. ..
- Experimentally Validated Mathematical Modeling of Oncolytic Virus InfectionWOLFGANG KORN; Fiscal Year: 2009..However, the results of these studies will be applicable to other types of cancer, thus potentially contribute to improving the treatment outcome for many cancer patients in the future. ..
- Biomarkers of COX-2 inhibitors in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN)Christian Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..