Genomes and Genes
ampulla of vater
Summary: A dilation of the duodenal papilla that is the opening of the juncture of the COMMON BILE DUCT and the MAIN PANCREATIC DUCT, also known as the hepatopancreatic ampulla.
Publications304 found, 100 shown here
- Pancreatobiliary versus intestinal histologic type of differentiation is an independent prognostic factor in resected periampullary adenocarcinomaArne Westgaard
Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, 0027 Oslo, Norway
BMC Cancer 8:170. 2008....
- Endoscopic management of adenoma of the major duodenal papillaMarc F Catalano
St Luke s Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 59:225-32. 2004..This study describes endoscopic management and long-term follow-up of papillary tumors by 4 groups of expert pancreaticobiliary endoscopists...
- Pathogenesis of carcinoma of the papilla of VaterHans Peter Fischer
Department of Pathology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, D 53127, Bonn, Germany
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 11:301-9. 2004..Consequently, the histologic classification should reflect the histogenesis of ampullary tumors from the two different types of papillary mucosa...
- Phenotypic and genotypic characterization of carcinomas of the papilla of Vater has prognostic and putative therapeutic implicationsIlona Kohler
Department of Pathology, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
Am J Clin Pathol 135:202-11. 2011..Besides the poorly differentiated CPV, the most common KRAS wild type makes them a putative target for an anti-epidermal growth factor receptor therapy...
- Endoscopic resection of ampullary tumors: 12-year review of 21 casesJaume Boix
Endoscopy Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Carretera del Canyet s n, 08916, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Surg Endosc 23:45-9. 2009..Endoscopic snare papillectomy is increasingly performed with curative intent for benign papillary tumors. This study aimed to evaluate the outcome of endoscopic resection for ampullary tumors at a single center...
- Guidelines for the management of biliary tract and ampullary carcinomas: surgical treatmentSatoshi Kondo
Department of Surgical Oncology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 15:41-54. 2008..The prognostic factors after resection for ampullary carcinoma include lymph node metastasis, pancreatic invasion, and perineural invasion...
- Intestinal-type and pancreatobiliary-type adenocarcinomas: how does ampullary carcinoma differ from other periampullary malignancies?Arne Westgaard
Department of Oncology, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Ann Surg Oncol 20:430-9. 2013..We evaluated whether the histologic type itself is more important for long-term survival than the fact that the tumor originated in the ampulla...
- Tumors of the ampulla of vater: histopathologic classification and predictors of survivalJonathan T Carter
Department of Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0475, USA
J Am Coll Surg 207:210-8. 2008..The histology and clinical behavior of ampullary tumors vary substantially. We speculated that this might reflect the presence of two kinds of ampullary adenocarcinoma: pancreaticobiliary and intestinal...
- Carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater: factors influencing long-term survival of 127 patients with resectionQi Lu Qiao
Department of Surgery, First Hospital, Peking University, Beijing, 100034, China
World J Surg 31:137-43; discussion 144-6. 2007The prognosis for patients with carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater is improved relative to other periampullary neoplasms...
- Biliary tract cancer treatment: results from the Biliary Tract Cancer Statistics Registry in JapanTakukazu Nagakawa
Department of Health Sciences, Kanazawa University, 5 11 80 Kodatuno, Kanazawa 920 9405, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 9:569-75. 2002..The Japanese classification of lymph nodes was also considered on the basis of the results of this study...
- The clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical characteristics of ampulla of Vater carcinoma: the intestinal type is associated with a better prognosisYoung Hoon Roh
Department of Surgery, Dong A University College of Medicine, Busan, Korea
Hepatogastroenterology 54:1641-4. 2007..expression patterns and patient survival for the intestinal type (IT) and the pancreatobiliary type (PT) of ampulla of Vater carcinoma. Ampulla of Vater carcinoma can be classified histologically into either IT or PT...
- Endoscopic versus surgical ampullectomy: an algorithm to treat disease of the ampulla of VaterEugene P Ceppa
Department of General Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Ann Surg 257:315-22. 2013..The objective of this study was to compare the effectiveness, morbidity, and mortality associated with endoscopic ampullectomy (EA) and surgical ampullectomy (SA)...
- Reclassification of tumour origin in resected periampullary adenocarcinomas reveals underestimation of distal bile duct cancerE Pomianowska
Institute of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Oslo, Norway
Eur J Surg Oncol 38:1043-50. 2012..The proximity of the structures of possible origin renders it difficult to obtain a correct diagnosis, which might lead to inconsistencies in reported data and inappropriate adjuvant treatment...
- Safety and long-term efficacy of transduodenal excision for tumors of the ampulla of VaterS Posner
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
Surgery 128:694-701. 2000..Postoperative endoscopic surveillance is mandatory to identify recurrent tumors...
- Clinical significance of pathologic subtype in curatively resected ampulla of vater cancerWoo Seok Kim
Department of Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Surg Oncol 105:266-72. 2012..The aims of this study were to identify those factors that affect recurrence after curative resection and to investigate differences between the clinicopathologic features of these two pathologic subtypes...
- Can endoscopic resection be applied for early stage ampulla of Vater cancer?Sun Young Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Konkuk University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 63:783-8. 2006Although endoscopic resection can provide a wide tumor resection with a negative resection margin, it is not yet recommended as a curative therapy for ampulla of Vater cancer.
- Carcinoid tumors of the duodenum and ampulla of vater: a clinicomorphologic, immunohistochemical, and cell kinetic comparisonL Bornstein-Quevedo
Department of Pathology, , , Mexico City, Mexico
Hum Pathol 32:1252-6. 2001Carcinoid tumors of the ampulla of Vater (ACs) differ from duodenal carcinoid tumors (DCs). A search for AC and DC was made between 1980 and 2000. The clinicopathologic features and follow-up were assessed...
- Carcinoid tumors of the duodenum and the ampulla of Vater: current diagnostic and therapeutic approach in a series of 8 patients. Case seriesGeorge C Nikou
Section of Gastrointestinal Neuroendocrinology, First Department of Propaedeutic Internal Medicine of Athens University Medical School, Laiko Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int J Surg 9:248-53. 2011..To describe the specific characteristics of duodenal/perivaterian carcinoids and to analyze the diagnostic/therapeutic approach...
- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the ampulla of vaterAlberto Cavazza
Department of Pathology, S Maria Nuova Hospital, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:221-3. 2003We report a large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma arising in the ampulla of Vater. The patient, a 74-year-old woman, presented with a 3-cm ulcerated mass located in the ampullary region. She died of disease 8 months after surgery...
- Focal early stage cancer in ampullary adenoma: surgery or endoscopic papillectomy?Soon Man Yoon
Department of Internal Medicine, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 66:701-7. 2007..However, there are only anecdotal reports of endoscopic management of "focal" T1 ampullary cancer (T1 cancer), and radical surgery is still considered the only accepted treatment modality...
- Association of ampullary and colorectal malignanciesAnanya Das
Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Cancer 100:524-30. 2004Because of the similarities in terms of carcinogenesis and natural history between cancer of the ampulla of Vater and colorectal cancer, the authors examined whether ampullary and colorectal malignancies occur in the same individuals at ..
- Osteopontin-positive infiltrating tumor-associated macrophages in bulky ampullary cancer predict survivalHui Ping Hsu
Department of Surgery, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Cancer Biol Ther 10:144-54. 2010..Osteopontin (OPN) is overexpressed in several human cancer cells and in TAMs. Therefore, we set out to determine the role of OPN-expressing macrophages in cancer...
- Mucins and CD56 as markers of tumour invasion and prognosis in periampullary cancerM M Aloysius
Division of Gastrointestinal Surgery, Nottingham Digestive Diseases Centre, National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Unit, Nottingham University Hospitals, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham NG7 2UH, UK
Br J Surg 97:1269-78. 2010..This study investigated the association of mucins and cluster of differentiation (CD) 56 with vascular and perineural invasion and survival in patients with periampullary cancer...
- Cytokeratin 20 (CK20) and apomucin 1 (MUC1) expression in ampullary carcinoma: Correlation with tumor progression and prognosisYasunari Kawabata
Department of Digestive and General Surgery, Shimane University Faculty of Medicine, 89 1 Enyacho, Izumo, Shimane 693 8501, Japan
Diagn Pathol 5:75. 2010..We assessed the expression of cytokeratin (CK) and apomucin (MUC) in ampullary carcinoma (AC) to develop a system for the classification of ACs on the basis of their clinical significance...
- Role of adjuvant chemoradiation therapy in adenocarcinomas of the ampulla of vaterSunil Krishnan
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 70:735-43. 2008..We retrospectively compared treatment outcomes in patients treated with pancreaticoduodenectomy alone versus those who received additional adjuvant CRT...
- Outcome of pancreaticoduodenectomy and impact of adjuvant therapy for ampullary carcinomasJ H Lee
Departments of Radiation Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 47:945-53. 2000..To determine the clinical outcomes and potential impact of adjuvant chemoradiation in patients undergoing surgical resection of ampullary carcinoma...
- Lymph node involvement and not the histophatologic subtype is correlated with outcome after resection of adenocarcinoma of the ampulla of vaterLuciana Bertocco de Paiva Haddad
Digestive Surgery Division, Department of Gastroenterology, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, R Aracaju 42, AP 41, Higienopolis, São Paulo 0501240030, Brazil
J Gastrointest Surg 14:719-28. 2010..The aim of the present study was to determine the best immunohistochemical panel for tumor classification and to analyze the survival of patients having these histological types of adenocarcinoma...
- Risk factors for acute pancreatitis after endoscopic papillary balloon dilationMasanori Sugiyama
First Department of Surgery, Kyorin University School of Medicine, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:1796-8. 2003..Although EPBD (endoscopic papillary balloon dilation) may cause acute pancreatitis, risk factors for post-EPBD pancreatitis have not been well described. We retrospectively analyzed risk factors predictive of acute pancreatitis after EPBD...
- Prognostic factors for ampullary adenocarcinomas: tumor stage, tumor histology, tumor location, immunohistochemistry and microsatellite instabilityFausto Sessa
Division of Anatomic Pathology, Department of Human Morphology, University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Virchows Arch 451:649-57. 2007....
- Phase II study of capecitabine and oxaliplatin for advanced adenocarcinoma of the small bowel and ampulla of VaterMichael J Overman
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 426, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:2598-603. 2009Adenocarcinomas of the small bowel and ampulla of Vater represent rare cancers that have limited data regarding first-line therapy...
- Long-term survival and metastatic pattern of pancreatic and periampullary cancer after adjuvant chemoradiation or observation: long-term results of EORTC trial 40891Hans G Smeenk
Ann Surg 246:734-40. 2007..The role of adjuvant chemoradiation in pancreatic cancer remains unclear. This report presents the long-term follow-up results of EORTC trial 40891, which assessed the role of chemoradiation in resectable pancreatic cancer...
- Endoscopic balloon dilation of the biliary sphincter compared to endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy for removal of common bile duct stones during ERCP: a metaanalysis of randomized, controlled trialsTodd H Baron
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Mayo Medical Center, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:1455-60. 2004..To compare the effect of endoscopic balloon dilation (EPBD) of the papilla with that of endoscopic biliary sphincterotomy (EST) in the treatment of patients with common bile duct stones...
- ERCP in patients with long-limb Roux-en-Y gastrojejunostomy and intact papillaByron E Wright
Department of Surgery, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 56:225-32. 2002..ERCP by means of long-limb Roux-en-Y surgical anastomoses has been reported primarily in patients with biliary or pancreatic anastamoses, but rarely in patients with an intact papilla...
- Improved survival for adenocarcinoma of the ampulla of Vater: fifty-five consecutive resectionsJohn P Duffy
Section of Gastrointestinal Surgery, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Arch Surg 138:941-8; discussion 948-50. 2003After resection of an adenocarcinoma of the ampulla of Vater, certain clinical and pathologic characteristics influence long-term survival.
- High-grade neuroendocrine carcinoma of the ampulla of vater: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical analysis of 14 casesHind Nassar
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 29:588-94. 2005..the clinical and pathologic features of 14 cases of high-grade neuroendocrine carcinoma (HGNEC) of the ampulla of Vater classified according to WHO classification of lung tumors into small cell carcinoma (SCC, 6 cases) and large ..
- Clinicopathologic analysis of ampullary neoplasms in 450 patients: implications for surgical strategy and long-term prognosisJordan M Winter
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Halsted 610, 600 N Wolfe Street, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 14:379-87. 2010..We sought to examine the outcome of patients undergoing pancreaticoduodenectomy versus ampullectomy, as well as to identify factors predictive of lymph node metastasis in patients with ampullary neoplasms...
- Carcinoid of the ampulla of VaterMark Hartel
Department of General Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:676-81. 2005Endocrine neoplasms only rarely occur at the ampulla of Vater, comprising mostly carcinoids and malignant carcinoids, as well as few cases of poorly differentiated endocrine carcinomas (small cell carcinomas)...
- Carcinogenesis of cancer of the papilla and ampulla: pathophysiological facts and molecular biological mechanismsI Esposito
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, University of Bern, Inselspital, Switzerland
Langenbecks Arch Surg 386:163-71. 2001....
- What is an appropriate indication for endoscopic papillary balloon dilation?Masaaki Natsui
Department of Internal Medicine, Niigata Prefectural Shibata Hospital, Shibata, Japan
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 14:635-40. 2002..In this study, we have evaluated the efficacy and safety of EPBD compared with endoscopic sphincterotomy (EST)...
- Expression of oncogene products HER2/Neu and Ras and fibrosis-related growth factors bFGF, TGF-beta, and PDGF in bile from biliary malignancies and inflammatory disordersW C Su
Department of Internal Medicine, National Cheng Kung University Hospital, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
Dig Dis Sci 46:1387-92. 2001..The results suggest overexpression of bFGF, PDGF, and HER2/Neu and the presence of K-ras mutation are important for carcinogenesis of bile duct cancers, and detection of the above abnormalities in bile is helpful for early diagnosis...
- The assessment of specimens procured by endoscopic ampullectomyAndrew M Bellizzi
Dept of Pathology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 132:506-13. 2009..Of the patients, 33 (73%) had documented persistent disease. None of the histologic or clinical features had a statistically significant relationship with disease persistence...
- Safety and efficacy of curative intent surgery for peri-ampullary liver metastasisMechteld C de Jong
Department of Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Surg Oncol 102:256-63. 2010..The management of patients with peri-ampullary liver metastasis remains controversial. We sought to assess the safety and efficacy of curative intent surgery for peri-ampullary liver metastasis...
- Expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and its correlation with clinicopathologic factors of ampulla of vater cancerHong Joo Kim
Division of Gastroenterology and Department of Surgery, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:218-24. 2003..report for the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and its clinicopathologic and biologic significance in ampulla of Vater cancer...
- A novel cell line and xenograft model of ampulla of Vater adenocarcinomaClaudio Sorio
Dipartimento di Patologia, Universita di Verona, Strada Le Grazie, 37134, Verona, Italy
Virchows Arch 444:269-77. 2004b>Ampulla of Vater cancers (AVC) are of clinical relevance, as they represent more than one-third of patients undergoing surgery for pancreaticoduodenal malignancies and have a better prognosis than periampullary cancers of ..
- Large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the ampulla of VaterZ Stojsic
Institute of Pathology, School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Dr Subotica 1 II, 11000, Belgrade, Serbia
Med Oncol 27:1144-8. 2010..in extrapulmonary sites like the gastrointestinal tract, and only few examples have been described in the ampulla of Vater. A new case of large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater in a 60-year-old man is reported...
- Standard whipple's operation versus pylorus preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy: a randomized controlled trial studyChatchai Srinarmwong
Department of Surgery, Suratthani Hospital, Suratthani, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 91:693-8. 2008..A single-institution randomized controlled trial was conducted to compare the results of standard whipple operation (SW) with those of pylorus-preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy (PPPD)...
- Periampullary tumors: high-spatial-resolution MR imaging and histopathologic findings in ampullary region specimensReiji Sugita
Department of Radiology, NTT East Tohoku Hospital, 2 29 1 Yamatomachi, Wakabayashi ku, Sendai, Japan
Radiology 231:767-74. 2004....
- Imaging for the diagnosis and staging of periampullary carcinomasR M Walsh
Department of General Surgery, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Desk A80, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Surg Endosc 17:1514-20. 2003..The relative utility of each imaging modality is discussed regarding its role in diagnosis and staging. A general imaging approach to patients with a distal biliary obstruction also is presented...
- Increased cyclin D1 expression in cancer of the ampulla of Vater: relevance to nuclear beta catenin accumulation and k-ras gene mutationK Yamazaki
Department of Pathology, Teikyo University, Ichihara Hospital, Ichihara, 299 0111, Japan
Mol Pathol 56:336-41. 2003..investigated the relation between cyclin D1 expression and clinicopathological parameters in carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater (CAV), and also assessed the relation between increased cyclin D1 expression and beta catenin/k-ras status in ..
- Pancreatoduodenectomy for tumors of Vater's ampulla: report on 94 consecutive patientsAndrea Di Giorgio
Department of Surgical Sciences, Digestive Surgery Unit, Catholic University School of Medicine, Largo F Vito 8, Rome 00168, Italy
World J Surg 29:513-8. 2005..Pancreatoduodenectomy is the treatment of choice for ampullary carcinoma and adenomas with high-grade dysplasia, with a good chance of long-term survival. Surgical resection remains the most important factor influencing outcome...
- Safety and long-term follow-up of endoscopic snare excision of ampullary adenomasP Katsinelos
Department of Endoscopy, Central Hospital, Ethnikis Aminis 41, T K 54635, Thessaloniki, Greece
Surg Endosc 20:608-13. 2006..The aim of this retrospective study was to evaluate the safety and outcome of endoscopic snare resection of papillary adenomas in a Greek cohort of patients...
- Endoscopic resection of benign tumors of the papilla of vaterS Bohnacker
Department for Interdisciplinary Endoscopy, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Endoscopy 38:521-5. 2006..The following article details the approach to patients with benign papillary tumor and the technique of endoscopic papillectomy...
- Cancer of the ampulla of Vater: results of a 20-year population-based studyA M Benhamiche
Registre Bourguignon des Cancers Digestifs INSERM CRI 95 05, Faculte de Medecine, Dijon, France
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 12:75-9. 2000Relatively little attention has been given to the epidemiology and management of cancer of the ampulla of Vater.
- Evaluation of adjuvant chemoradiation therapy for ampullary adenocarcinoma: the Johns Hopkins Hospital-Mayo Clinic collaborative studyAmol K Narang
Department of Radiation Oncology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Radiat Oncol 6:126. 2011..We combined the experience of two institutions to better delineate which patients may benefit from adjuvant chemoradiation...
- Differential expression of metastasis-associated genes in papilla of vater and pancreatic cancer correlates with disease stageH Friess
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery and Institute of Pathology, University of Bern, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
J Clin Oncol 19:2422-32. 2001..Because metastasis formation is a critical step in tumor progression and a negative prognostic factor, we compared the expression of nm23-H1 and KAI1, two metastasis-suppressing genes, in papilla of Vater cancer and pancreatic cancer...
- Carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater: patterns of failure following resection and benefit of chemoradiotherapyManisha Palta
Department of Radiation Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:1535-40. 2012..Despite radical resection, survival rates remain low with high rates of local failure. We performed a single-institution outcomes analysis to define the role of concurrent chemoradiotherapy (CRT) in addition to surgery...
- Endoscopic ampullectomy: techniques and outcomesRoshan Patel
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 46:8-15. 2012..This study will focus on diagnosis and staging of ampullary adenomas and reviews indications for, and outcomes and complications of, endoscopic papillectomy...
- Effect of EpCAM, CD44, CD133 and CD166 expression on patient survival in tumours of the ampulla of VaterSalvatore Piscuoglio
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
J Clin Pathol 65:140-5. 2012..In colorectal cancer, CD44, CD133, CD166 and EpCAM have been proposed to represent CSC marker proteins and their expression has been shown to correlate with patient survival...
- [Tumors of Vater's ampulla]N Gassler
Institut fur Pathologie, RWTH Aachen University, Pauwelsstr 30, 52074, Aachen, Deutschland
Pathologe 33:17-23. 2012..Helpful in the decision are the relationship between the tumor centre and Vater's ampulla, the existence of premalignant lesions in the ampullary epithelium as well as histology and immunostaining of the tumor...
- Carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater: morphological and immunophenotypical classification predicts overall survivalSergio Morini
Unit of Human Anatomy, CIR, Campus Bio Medico University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Pancreas 42:60-6. 2013..The objective of the study was to verify if histopathological differentiation of ampullary carcinoma after surgical resection may be related to survival...
- Adjuvant treatment for ampullary cancer. Highlights from the "2011 ASCO Annual Meeting". Chicago, IL, USA; June 3-7, 2011Richard Kim
H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, USA
JOP 12:362-3. 2011..At the 2011 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting, the largest trial (Abstract #4006) evaluating adjuvant treatment of ampullary cancer was presented...
- [Resection of the ampulla of Vater]B Sastre
Service de Chirurgie Digestive et Generale, Hôpital Sainte Marguerite Marseille
J Chir (Paris) 143:246-50. 2006
- Surgical outcomes and prognostic factors for ampulla of Vater cancerS B Choi
Department of Surgery, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Scand J Surg 100:92-8. 2011The prognosis for patients with ampulla of Vater cancer is better than other periampullary cancers...
- Intra-ampullary papillary-tubular neoplasm (IAPN): characterization of tumoral intraepithelial neoplasia occurring within the ampulla: a clinicopathologic analysis of 82 casesNobuyuki Ohike
Department of Pathology, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1731-48. 2010..Here, we provide a detailed analysis of these neoplasms, which we propose to refer to as intra-ampullary papillary-tubular neoplasm (IAPN)...
- Prognostic significance of intratumoural microvessel density (IMD) in resected pancreatic and ampullary cancers to standard histopathological variables and survivalA W Khan
University Department of Surgery, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College London, UK
Eur J Surg Oncol 28:637-44. 2002..The aim is to study IMD as a prognostic marker in resected ductal adenocarcinomas of head of pancreas and cancers of the ampullary region...
- Histomolecular phenotypes and outcome in adenocarcinoma of the ampulla of vaterDavid K Chang
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, NSW 2010 Australia
J Clin Oncol 31:1348-56. 2013Individuals with adenocarcinoma of the ampulla of Vater demonstrate a broad range of outcomes, presumably because these cancers may arise from any one of the three epithelia that converge at that location...
- beta-Catenin alteration in cancer of the ampulla of VaterM Kawakami
First Dept of Surgery, Sapporo Medical University, Japan
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 21:23-7. 2002To investigate the contribution of beta-catenin to the development of carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater, genetic alterations of beta-catenin gene, CTNNB-1 were searched...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 overexpression is associated with a poor outcome in resected ampullary cancer patientsDaniele Santini
University Campus Bio Medico, Rome, Italy
Clin Cancer Res 11:3784-9. 2005....
- Ampullary and periampullary tumors: translational efforts to meet a challenge in diagnosis and treatment. Highlights from the "2011 ASCO Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium". San Francisco, CA, USA. January 20-22, 2011Soonmo Peter Kang
Merck Research Laboratories, Merck and Co, Inc Kenilworth, NJ, USA
JOP 12:123-5. 2011..Growing translational efforts in understanding this rare disease are exemplified by Abstracts #161 and #204 presented at the 2011 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Gastrointestinal Cancers Symposium...
- Clinicopathologic analysis of early ampullary cancers with a focus on the feasibility of ampullectomyYoo Seok Yoon
Department of Surgery, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg 242:92-100. 2005..The purpose of this study was to evaluate whether ampullectomy can substitute for pancreatoduodenectomy (PD) in early ampullary cancer by clinicopathologic study...
- The pylorus: take it or leave it? Systematic review and meta-analysis of pylorus-preserving versus standard whipple pancreaticoduodenectomy for pancreatic or periampullary cancerPaul J Karanicolas
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, 1200 Main St W, Hamilton, Ontario, L85 3Z5, Canada
Ann Surg Oncol 14:1825-34. 2007..Our objective was to determine the relative effects of pylorus-preserving pancreaticoduodenectomy (PPPD) and standard Whipple pancreaticoduodenectomy (SWPD) in patients with pancreatic or periampullary cancer...
- Incidence of cancer of the pancreas, extrahepatic bile duct and ampulla of Vater in the United States, before and after the introduction of laparoscopic cholecystectomyD R Urbach
Department of Minimally Invasive Surgery and Surgical Research, Legacy Health System, Portland, Oregon, USA
Am J Surg 181:526-8. 2001..Some epidemiologic studies have identified cholecystectomy as a risk factor for pancreatic and biliary cancer...
- Impact of lymph node metastasis on survival in patients with pathological T1 carcinoma of the ampulla of VaterHiroshi Terasawa
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
J Gastrointest Surg 10:823-8. 2006To determine the prognostic factors for patients with pathological T1 (pT1) carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater, 36 consecutive patients with carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater who underwent surgery were retrospectively analyzed in terms of ..
- Limitations of ampullectomy in the treatment of nonfamilial ampullary neoplasmsKevin K Roggin
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 12:971-80. 2005....
- Ectopic pancreas presenting as ampulla of Vater tumorSheng Der Hsu
Division of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Am J Surg 195:498-500. 2008..Herein, we report a patient presenting with symptoms of ampullary tumor with obstructive jaundice, but the imaging study did not suggest the possibility of ectopic pancreas preoperatively...
- Large-cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the major duodenal papilla: case reportMark Hartel
Department of General Surgery, Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 60:838-41. 2004
- Surgical technique for complete resection of the extrahepatic portion of the common bile duct and the ampulla of Vater for tumors of the ampulla of VaterKoichi Aiura
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinanomachi 35, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8582, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Sci 18:276-81. 2011..Local resection can be the procedure of choice in selected ampullary lesions for high-risk patients...
- Is endosonography an effective method for detection and local staging of the ampullary carcinoma? A prospective studyPanagiotis Skordilis
University Hospital of Crete, Gastroenterology Department
BMC Surg 2:1. 2002The relatively rare carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater is a neoplasia with a good prognosis compared to pancreatic cancer. Preoperative staging is important in planning the most suitable surgical intervention.
- Small pancreatic and periampullary neuroendocrine tumors: resect or enucleate?Susan C Pitt
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5124, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 13:1692-8. 2009..The aim of this study was to compare the outcomes of enucleation versus resection in patients with small pancreatic, ampullary, and duodenal neuroendocrine tumors (NETs)...
- Signet-ring cell carcinoma of the ampulla of VaterLin Li
Department of Pathology, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Ann Clin Lab Sci 34:471-5. 2004..SRCC of the ampulla of Vater is extremely uncommon with < 12 cases reported in the literature...
- Signet ring cell carcinoma of the ampulla of vater. A case reportYuji Ishibashi
Division of Surgery, National Hospital Organization Disaster Medical Center, Tokyo 190 0014, Japan
JOP 10:690-3. 2009Signet ring cell carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater is extremely rare and only 12 cases have previously been described in the English language literature...
- Incidental small ampullary somatostatinoma treated with ampullectomy 2 years after diagnosisG Guercioni
Department of General Surgery, Ancona University Hospital, Ancona, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 51:1767-72. 2006..We report a case of a small pure somatostatin-producing neuroendocrine tumor of ampulla of Vater in a 54-year-old woman with neither neurofibromatosis nor somatostatinoma syndrome, "incidentally" discovered ..
- [Collision tumor of the ampulla of Vater: carcinoid and adenocarcinoma]J Ferrando Marco
Servicios de Anatomia Patologica, Hospital de Sagunto, Valencia
Rev Esp Enferm Dig 99:235-8. 2007..Both were confirmed by immunohistochemical analysis. According to the literature reviewed, this is the sixth reported case of this rare neoplastic association...
- A collision tumor composed of cancers of the bile duct and ampulla of Vater--immunohistochemical analysis of a rare entity of double cancerSeiko Hirono
Second Department of Surgery, Wakayama Medical University School of Medicine, Wakayama, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 55:861-4. 2008..As a result, it was concluded that this was a case of collision cancer of the middle bile duct and the papilla of Vater...
- Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the ampulla of vater: Report of a caseSo Sen Huang
Department of Surgery, Taichung Veterans General Hospital, Section 3, 160 Chung Kang Road, Taichung, Taiwan
Surg Today 36:1032-5. 2006Large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma in the ampulla of Vater is rare and very different from the common ampullary adenocarcinoma. A 59-year-old man was admitted with obstructive jaundice...
- Minute ampullary carcinoid tumor with lymph node metastases: a case report and review of literatureEri Senda
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Shinko Hospital, Kobe, Hyogo, Japan
World J Surg Oncol 7:9. 2009..One of the factors indicating the malignancy of these tumors is their size, and small ampullary carcinoid tumors have been sometimes treated by endoscopic resection...
- Adenosquamous cell carcinoma arising from the papilla majorNozomi Ueno
Department of Surgery, Kita Osaka Hospital, Yodogawa ku, 532 0004 Osaka, Japan
Oncol Rep 9:317-20. 2002..This is the first report on a case of adenosquamous carcinoma of the papilla major...
- Preoperative evaluation of ampullary neoplasm with EUS and transpapillary intraductal US: a prospective and histopathologically controlled studyKei Ito
Department of Gastroenterology, Sendai City Medical Center, Sendai, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 66:740-7. 2007..Endoscopic papillectomy is performed in selected patients with ampullary neoplasm, and, thus, accurate preoperative tumor staging is indispensable for its application...
- Prognostic significance of extracapsular lymph node involvement in patients with adenocarcinoma of the ampulla of VaterN A van der Gaag
Department of Surgery, Academic Medical Centre at the University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 95:735-43. 2008Lymphatic dissemination is an important predictor of survival in patients with adenocarcinoma of the ampulla of Vater. The incidence and clinical consequences of extracapsular lymph node involvement (LNI) in patients who undergo resection ..
- Balloon-catheter-assisted endoscopic snare papillectomy for benign tumors of the major duodenal papillaKoichi Aiura
Center for Diagnostic and Therapeutic Endoscopy, Keio University Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Gastrointest Endosc 57:743-7. 2003..An endoscopic snare papillectomy technique was devised using a balloon catheter inserted into the common bile duct to more efficiently resect papillary tumors en bloc...
- The efficacy of frontline platinum-based combination chemotherapy in advanced adenocarcinoma of the ampulla of VaterSeung Tae Kim
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, 50 Irwon dong, Gangnam Gu, Seoul, South Korea
Med Oncol 27:1149-54. 2010Adenocarcinoma arising from the ampulla of Vater is a rare neoplasm that accounts for only 0.2% of all gastrointestinal tract malignancies and has limited data regarding its frontline therapy...
- Transduodenal local resection for low-risk group ampulla of vater carcinomaJoon Seong Park
Department of Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:737-42. 2007Carcinoma of the ampulla of Vater has a more favorable prognosis, compared to other malignant tumors of the periampullary region, because it usually presents with symptoms in the early stage...
- Pancreas-preserving biliary amputation with pancreatic diversion: a new surgical technique for complete resection of the intrapancreatic biliary systemSatoshi Kondo
Department of Surgical Oncology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine N15 W7 Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:1255-8. 2004..Pancreas-preserving biliary amputation has been developed as an organ-preserving procedure alternative to pancreatoduodenectomy. Indications, methods of pancreatic reconstruction, and long-term results require further study...
- Signet-ring cell carcinoma of ampulla of Vater: contrast-enhanced ultrasound findingsJin Mei Gao
Department of Ultrasound, Shengjing Hospital of China University, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 15:888-91. 2009Signet-ring cell carcinoma (SRCC) of ampulla of Vater is extremely uncommon, and less than 15 cases have been reported so far in literature. It mainly occurs in elderly people (median age 57 years)...
- Reappraisal of endosonography of ampullary tumors: correlation with transabdominal sonography, CT, and MRIChien Hua Chen
Digestive Disease Center, Changhua Show Chwan Memorial Hospital, Changhua 500, Taiwan
J Clin Ultrasound 37:18-25. 2009..To reappraise the accuracy of transabdominal sonography (US), CT, MRI, and endosonography (EUS) in the diagnosis and staging of ampullary tumors...
- Feasibility of endoscopic papillectomy in early stage ampulla of Vater cancerSang Myung Woo
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 24:120-4. 2009..The present study was designed to assess the factors that predict malignancy and lymph node metastasis and to suggest potential indications for endoscopic papillectomy by analyzing clinicopathological data...
- Local resection of ampullary tumorsAdam T Meneghetti
Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco VA Medical Center, California 94121 0112, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 9:1300-6. 2005..No adenomas recurred as carcinomas, suggesting that local resection is appropriate for these tumors in the absence of dysplasia or atypia on preoperative biopsies...
- Carcinoid of the ampulla of Vater: morphologic features and clinical implicationsGeorge A Poultsides
Department of Surgery, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
World J Gastroenterol 12:7058-60. 2006Carcinoids involving the ampulla of Vater are rare lesions that may produce painless jaundice...
- Clinical features of 20 patients with curatively resected biliary neuroendocrine tumoursJaihwan Kim
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Dig Liver Dis 43:965-70. 2011..Neuroendocrine tumours very rarely occur in the biliary tract; information about them is limited...
- Carcinoids and high-grade neuroendocrine carcinomas of the ampulla of vater: a comparative analysis of 139 cases from the surveillance, epidemiology, and end results program-a population based studyJorge Albores-Saavedra
Department of Pathology, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga, Tlalpan, Mexico
Arch Pathol Lab Med 134:1692-6. 2010Neuroendocrine tumors of the ampulla of Vater constitute a heterogeneous group of neoplasms clinically and morphologically. Because they are rare, little is known about their demographics and biologic behavior.
- Gross appearance of the ampullary tumor predicts lymph node metastasis and outcomeMasato Kayahara
Division of Cancer Medicine, Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa University, Kanazawa, Japan masatok staff kanazawa u ac jp
Dig Surg 27:127-31. 2010..Patterns of lymph node involvement in carcinoma of the papilla of Vater (CPV) have not been studied in detail to date, and factors associated with lymphatic metastases and surgical outcome of this disease remain to be determined...
- INJURY TO LIVER SINUSOIDAL ENDOTHELIAL CELLSSteven Strasberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..A potentially beneficial improvements in preservation solutions are identified they will be tested in whole isolated livers and by transplantation in the rat. ..
- Biomarkers of COX-2 inhibitors in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm (IPMN)Christian Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DIET AND DURATION OF CERVICAL HPV INFECTIONMARC GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....