Summary: The duct that is connected to the GALLBLADDER and allows the emptying of bile into the COMMON BILE DUCT.
Publications190 found, 100 shown here
- Laparoscopic subtotal cholecystectomy without cystic duct ligationI Sinha
Department of General Surgery, Royal Berkshire Hospital, London Road, Reading RG1 5AN, UK
Br J Surg 94:1527-9. 2007..Laparoscopic subtotal cholecystectomy (LSTC) without cystic duct ligation is an alternative to conversion to open surgery in difficult cases.
- Agenesis of the gallbladder with hypoplastic cystic duct diagnosed at laparoscopyA Hon Kwon
Department of Surgery, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 16:251-4. 2006..tomography after intravenous-infusion cholangiography clearly demonstrated an obstruction of the cystic duct. The patient was scheduled for laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Neuroendocrine tumour of the cystic duct: a case report and literature reviewFlora Stavridi
St Georges Hospital, Tooting, UK
J Gastrointest Cancer 38:32-3. 2007This is a case report of a neuroendocrine tumour of the cystic duct which is extremely rare and was an incidental finding during laparoscopic surgery. A literature review of similar cases is also provided.
- Defective development of the gall bladder and cystic duct in Lgr4- hypomorphic miceRyo Yamashita
Division of Developmental Genetics, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Dev Dyn 238:993-1000. 2009..We describe a new function for Lgr4 in the development of the gall bladder and cystic duct and in the epithelium-mesenchyme interaction...
- Malignant carcinoid tumor of the cystic duct: a rare cause of bile duct obstructionEvangelos Felekouras
First Department of Surgery, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Medical School, Laikon General Hospital, 17 St, Thomas Str, Athens 11527, Greece
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:640-6. 2009..2%-2% of all gastrointestinal carcinoid tumors, while carcinoids of the cystic duct are an uncommon entity and an extremely unusual cause of bile duct obstruction.
- Optimizing the critical view of safety in laparoscopic cholecystectomy by clipping and transecting the cystic artery before the cystic ductA R Wijsmuller
Department of Surgery, Erasmus MC, University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 94:473-4. 2007
- Roles of cholesterol and bile salts in the pathogenesis of gallbladder hypomotility and inflammation: cholecystitis is not caused by cystic duct obstructionJ Behar
Division of Gastroenterology, Brown Medical School and Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02902, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 25:283-90. 2013A large number of human and animal studies have challenged the hypothesis that cystic duct obstruction by gallstones causes cholecystitis...
- The cystic duct: normal anatomy and disease processesM A Turner
Department of Radiology, Medical College of Virginia, 401 N 12th St, Box 980615 MCV Station, Richmond, VA 23298, USA
Radiographics 21:3-22; questionnaire 288-94. 2001The cystic duct can be depicted with a variety of imaging modalities but is optimally visualized with direct cholangiography or magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography...
- Gallbladder agenesis with a stone in the cystic duct budMasaharu Ishida
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryocho, Aobaku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 15:220-3. 2008..laparotomy was performed, the gallbladder and the fossa were not observed, and a blind-end duct, similar to a cystic duct, was found beside the common bile duct...
- Spiral cystic duct: bewareEhab Elakkary
Departments of Surgery, North Oakland Medical Centers, Pontiac, Michigan, USA
JSLS 10:514-6. 2006..The cystic duct and infundibulum were funnel shaped and spiraled from lateral to posteromedial rotation...
- Transgastric cholecystectomy using a prototype endoscope with 2 deflecting working channels (with video)J Andres Astudillo
Department of Surgery, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 69:297-302. 2009..Transgastric cholecystectomy has been shown to be feasible in animal models and human case reports but cumbersome with current available instrumentation...
- Endoscopic management of spontaneous perforation of a cystic duct in a 10-year-old childV Jadhav
Department of Pediatric Surgery, King Edward Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, India
Eur J Pediatr Surg 19:194-6. 2009..A spontaneous cystic duct perforation was confirmed on ERCP and a biliary stent was inserted...
- Endoscopic management of cystic duct stump leakage after cholecystectomySukij Panpimanmas
Department of Surgery, Rajavithi Hospital, Bangkok, Thailand
Hepatogastroenterology 55:1962-4. 2008b>Cystic duct stump leakage (CDL) is a rare and serious complication after cholecystectomy. Since laparoscopic cholecystectomy has been gold standard treatment of gallstone disease, this complication is found more frequently...
- Agenesis of the gallbladder and cystic ductJaques Waisberg
Serviço de Gastroenterologia Cirúrgica, Hospital do Servidor Publico Estadual, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Sao Paulo Med J 120:192-4. 2002Agenesis of the gallbladder and cystic duct is a rare anomaly that is usually asymptomatic. The patient may present symptoms characteristic of cholelithiasis...
- Tape ligature of cystic duct and fundus-down approach for safety laparoscopic cholecystectomy: outcome of 500 patientsTakao Ichihara
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kobe University, Kobe, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 51:362-4. 2004It is important to identify the structure of Calot's triangle at the time of cystic duct isolation to decrease intraoperative bile duct injury. Isolation of the cystic duct is the first dangerous technique in laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Improving the safety of laparoscopic cholecystectomy: the routine use of preoperative magnetic resonance cholangiographyC Ausch
Department of Surgery, Danube Hospital, SMZ Ost, Langobardenstrasse 122, A 1220 Vienna, Austria
Surg Endosc 19:574-80. 2005..In addition, we used MRC to investigate possible variants of the cystic duct.
- Cystic duct remnant and the 'post-cholecystectomy syndrome'Colette Shaw
Department of Surgery, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Hepatogastroenterology 51:36-8. 2004..Post-cholecystectomy syndrome refers to a wide spectrum of conditions that pose a challenging diagnostic dilemma. Cystic duct remnant, defined as a residual duct greater than 1 cm in length, may, in the presence of stones, cause post-..
- Small cell carcinoma of the cystic duct: a case reportYukio Sonoda
Department of Surgery, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Gastrointest Surg 7:631-4. 2003Small cell carcinoma usually involves the lung and rarely affects the biliary tract, especially the cystic duct. In this article we report a case of small cell carcinoma of the cystic duct in a 46-year-old Japanese man...
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy by ultrasonic dissection without cystic duct and artery ligatureC G S Huscher
Department of Surgery, San Giovanni Hospital, Via dell Amba Aradam, 00184 Rome, Italy
Surg Endosc 17:442-51. 2003..Ultrasonically activated scissors may divide both vessels and cystic duct, with no need of further ligature, and possibly reduce the risk of thermal injuries.
- Extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy of gallstones in cystic duct remnants and Mirizzi syndromeJohannes Benninger
Department of Medicine I, Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen Nuremberg, Ulmenweg 18, D 91054 Erlangen, Germany
Gastrointest Endosc 60:454-9. 2004..the efficacy of extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy for treatment of bile duct calculi is established, there are few studies of the value of extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy for cystic duct remnant stones and for Mirizzi syndrome.
- Clipless cholecystectomy: broadening the role of the harmonic scalpelJames Westervelt
Clark Memorial Hospital, Jeffersonville, Indiana, USA
JSLS 8:283-5. 2004..Advancements in the Harmonic scalpel blade tip now provide for the reliable ultrasonic division and closure of the cystic duct.
- Diagnosis and management of cystic duct leakage after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: report of 3 casesJi hui Li
Minimally Invasive Surgery Center, Shanghai Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 4:147-51. 2005..Abdominal pain and other symptoms caused by fluid accumulation in the operative area are not uncommon. Cystic duct (CD) leakage is one of the main sources of the fluid...
- Clinicopathological analysis of cystic duct carcinomaKun Ming Chan
Departments of Surgery, Radiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Chang Gung University, Taipei, Taiwan
Hepatogastroenterology 52:691-4. 2005Gallbladder carcinoma is the most common malignancy of the biliary tract, while the clinical features of cystic duct carcinoma remain unexplored.
- Cystic duct stump leaks: after the learning curveSamuel Eisenstein
Department of Surgery, The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Arch Surg 143:1178-83. 2008To describe a series of patients who have had cystic duct stump leaks (CDSLs) after laparoscopic cholecystectomy and to compare the current presentation and management with that in previous studies.
- An audit of cystic duct closure in laparoscopic cholecystectomiesA Rohatgi
Department of Surgery, Royal Cornwall Hospital, Treliske TR1 3LJ, Cornwall, United Kingdom
Surg Endosc 20:875-7. 2006b>Cystic duct leak is an infrequent but potentially serious complication of laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Low conjunction of the cystic duct with the common bile duct: does it correlate with the formation of common bile duct stones?I Tsitouridis
Radiology Department, Papageorgiou General Hospital, West Perifereiaki Street, N Efkarpia, Thessaloniki, Greece
Surg Endosc 21:48-52. 2007This study aimed to evaluate the accuracy of magnetic resonance cholangiography (MRC) in detecting variants of low cystic duct conjunction, which can be a source of confusion during surgery when unrecognized.
- Restricted cystic duct carcinomaFumihiko Miura
Department of Surgery, Teikyo University, School of Medicine 2 11 1, Kaga, Itabashi ku, Tokyo, 173 8605 Japan
Am J Surg 193:738-9. 2007
- Primary biliary B-cell lymphoma of the cystic duct causing obstructive jaundiceDavid H Jho
Department of Surgery, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Am Surg 73:508-10. 2007A distinctive case of primary biliary lymphoma occurring in the cystic duct causing extrinsic compression of the porta hepatis in a 48-year-old woman is presented. Imaging studies revealed stricture of the common hepatic duct with a 2...
- Post-cholecystectomy cystic duct stump leak: a preventable morbidityIrshad Ahammed A Shaikh
Department of Surgery, Queen Margaret Hospital, Fife, KY12 0SU, UK
J Dig Dis 10:207-12. 2009..bile duct injury is the most serious complication following laparoscopic cholecystectomy, bile leak from the cystic duct stump remains the commonest morbidity...
- Sealing of cystic duct with bipolar electrocoagulationS Schulze
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology D, Glostrup University Hospital, Ndr Ringvej, 2600 Glostrup, Denmark
Surg Endosc 16:342-4. 2002The cystic duct leakage rate is still high. The aim of this study was to evaluate an alternative technique for securing the cystic duct using the Ligasure vessel sealing system.
- Exposure for laparoscopic cholecystectomy dissection adversely alters biliary ductal anatomyR C McIntyre
Department of Surgery, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Surg Endosc 10:41-3. 1996..We hypothesized LC exposure technique narrows the angle between the cystic and hepatic ducts, placing them at increased risk of injury...
- Carcinoma of the cystic duct associated with pancreaticobiliary maljunctionM Sato
Second Department of Surgery, Ehime University School of Medicine, Onsen-gun, Japan
J Gastroenterol 36:276-80. 2001We report a rare case of carcinoma of the cystic duct (CCD) associated with pancreaticobiliary maljunction (PBM). A 63-year-old man had presented with relapsing cholecystitis of 4 months, duration...
- Management of bile leakage caused by clip displacement from cystic duct stumpsHitoshi Ojima
Department of Surgery, Gunma Prefecture Saiseikai Maebashi Hospital, Gunma, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:28-31. 2007b>Cystic duct leakage (CDL) is one of the most common complications after laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC). We retrospectively examined 3 patients with CDL that were treated with endoscopic stenting.
- Effectiveness of the ultrasonic coagulating shears, LigaSure vessel sealer, and surgical clip application in biliary surgery: a comparative analysisB D Matthews
Department of General Surgery, Carolinas Medical Center, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203, USA
Am Surg 67:901-6. 2001..In the ex vivo study the mean cystic duct bursting pressure was 621 mm Hg with surgical clips and 482 mm Hg with the electrothermal bipolar vessel sealer ..
- Impact of tumor spread to the cystic duct on the prognosis of patients with gallbladder carcinomaTakenari Nakata
Department of Surgery, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Asahi 3 1 1, Matsumoto, Nagano, 390 8621, Japan
World J Surg 31:155-61; discussion 162-3. 2007The importance of gallbladder carcinoma spread to the cystic duct has not yet been described...
- Cystic duct dilatations and proliferative epithelial lesions in mouse mammary glands upon keratin 5 promoter-driven overexpression of cyclooxygenase-2Karin Muller-Decker
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, INF 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Am J Pathol 166:575-84. 2005..female mice, aberrant COX-2 overexpression correlated with increased prostaglandin (PG) E(2) levels and caused cystic duct dilatations, adenosis, and fibrosis whereas carcinomas developed rarely...
- Tuberculosis of the cystic duct lymph nodeValdinaldo Aragão de Melo
Department of Medicine, Federal University of Sergipe, Aracaju, SE, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 8:112-4. 2004Tuberculosis of the cystic duct lymph node associated with cholelithiasis is rare. We report a case of a 40 year-old woman with this pathology. She presented with anorexia, biliary colic, postprandial fullness and fever...
- Endo-GIA for ligation of dilated cystic duct during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: an alternative, novel, and easy methodChun Nan Yeh
Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 14:153-7. 2004This study prospectively assessed the efficacy and applicability of Endo-GIA for difficult and dilated cystic duct (CD) closure in 24 patients undergoing laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) due to CD stone.
- A new bipolar feedback-controlled sealing system for closure of the cystic duct and arteryA Shamiyeh
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute for Operative Laparoscopy and 2nd Surgical Department, General Hospital Linz, Krankenhausstrasse 9, 4020 Linz, Austria
Surg Endosc 16:812-3. 2002Bile leaks are serious complications after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of closure of the cystic duct with a new feedback-controlled bipolar sealing system (LigaSure).
- [Prevention of bile duct injuries after laparoscopic cholecystectomy. "The critical view of safety"]H P Heistermann
Chirurgische Abteilung, St Marien Hospital Köln
Zentralbl Chir 131:460-5. 2006..report about our experiences applying the "critical view of safety", defined as unambiguous identification of the cystic duct and artery by creation of an infundibular window, in order to minimise bile duct lesions and conversion rate.
- Extrahepatic biliary anatomy at laparoscopic cholecystectomy: is aberrant anatomy important?Marco Larobina
The Williamstown Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
ANZ J Surg 75:392-5. 2005The prevention of major duct injury at cholecystectomy relies on the accurate dissection of the cystic duct and artery, and avoidance of major adjacent biliary and vascular structures...
- Chemical ablation of the gallbladder: clinical application and long-term observationsZ Xu
Department of Surgery, Third Hospital of Peking University, 49 North Garden Road, Haidian District, Beijing, 100083, Peoples Republic of China
Surg Endosc 19:693-6. 2005..We investigated whether minicholecystostomy followed by chemical ablation of the gallbladder could be used as a alternative to cholecystectomy in patients at high risk for complications of surgery...
- Images in medicine. Cystic duct stump stoneSeyed Amir Mirbagheri
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Hosp Med 65:249. 2004
- An extrahepatic biliary anomalyGouri B Diwadkar
Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 13:41-3. 2003..A review of the literature reveals that this anomaly has rarely been reported in the past. Knowledge of such anomalies is critical in the prevention of iatrogenic injuries during surgery...
- Cystic duct and Heister's "valves"D Dasgupta
Children s Liver and GI Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds LS9 7TF, United Kingdom
Clin Anat 18:81-7. 2005The anatomy and physiology of the cystic duct have been relatively neglected by anatomists and the function of the spiral mucosal folds or "valves" of Heister, first described in 1732, remains obscure...
- Bile duct leaks after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: value of contrast-enhanced MRCPM Aduna
OSATEK, Unidad de Galdakao, Barrio Labeaga s n, Galdakao Vizcaya, 48960 Basque Country, Spain
Abdom Imaging 30:480-7. 2005..We assessed the role of mangafodipir-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) cholangiography in the detection and location of bile duct leaks after laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in the pediatric populationShawn D St Peter
Department of Surgery, Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 18:127-30. 2008..The experience with laparoscopic cholecystectomy in children trails the adult numbers and remains underreported. Therefore, we reviewed our experience with this approach...
- Fundus-first laparoscopic cholecystectomyS Mahmud
Upper Gastrointestinal and Laparoscopic Service, Department of Surgery, Vale of Leven District Hospital, Dunbartonshire, Scotland, G83 OUA, UK
Surg Endosc 16:581-4. 2002....
- Endolaparoscopic rendezvous treatment: a satisfying therapeutic choice for cholecystocholedocolithiasisA Tricarico
Emergency Department, Laparoscopic Surgery, A O R N Cardarelli, Via A Cardarelli, 80100 Naples, Italy
Surg Endosc 16:585-8. 2002..If common bile duct-lithiasis is recognized at an intraoperative stage, many options for treatment exist, one of which is intraoperative retrograde endoscopic sphincterotomy (ES) (laparoendorendezvous)...
- Mirizzi syndrome: consider endoscopic stone removalJuha M Grönroos
Departments of Surgery and Emergency, University of Turku, Turku, Finland
ANZ J Surg 77:716-7. 2007
- Laparoscopic ultrasoundEren Berber
Surgical Resident Department of General Surgery, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Surg Clin North Am 84:1061-84, vi. 2004..With the increasing availability of equipment, as well as the training of surgeons in this modality, laparoscopic ultrasound is quickly becoming an essential tool for the surgeon aiming to take laparoscopic surgery to new frontiers...
- Isolated agenesis of the gallbladder: report of a casePiero M A Fisichella
Divisione Clinicizzata di Chirurgia d Urgenza e PS, Universita degli Studi di Catania, Azienda Ospedaliera Cannizzaro, Italy
Surg Today 32:78-80. 2002We report the rare case of an isolated gallbladder with cystic duct agenesis that was misdiagnosed as acute alithiasic cholecystitis...
- Two possibly iatrogenic biliary-duodenal fistulas in a single patient after medical and surgical interventionsJoachim Maier
Department of Surgery, Kantonsspital Bruderholz, Bruderholz, Switzerland
Can J Surg 51:E28-9. 2008
- Utility of liver function tests after laparoscopic cholecystectomyAmy Kaldor
Huntington Hospital, Pasadena, California, USA
Am Surg 72:1238-40. 2006..5%) patients had postoperative complications: eight with retained common bile duct stones and one with a cystic duct stump leak. All were diagnosed with postoperative endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography...
- Surgical anatomy of innervation of the gallbladder in humans and Suncus murinus with special reference to morphological understanding of gallstone formation after gastrectomyShuang Qin Yi
Department of Anatomy, Tokyo Medical University, 6 1 1, Shinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 160 8402, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 13:2066-71. 2007..To clarify the innervation of human gallbladder, with special reference to morphological understanding of gallstone formation after gastrectomy...
- Risk factors for cholecystitis after metal stent placement in malignant biliary obstructionKi Tae Suk
Divisions of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University Wonju College of Medicine, Wonju, Republic of Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 64:522-9. 2006..Cholecystitis related to metal stent placement is a morbid event...
- Comparison of quality of life between two biliary drainage procedures in laparoscopic common bile duct explorationYing Xin
Department of General Surgery, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital, Medical College of Zhejiang University Hang Zhou, China
Hepatogastroenterology 54:331-3. 2007..We evaluate the difference in quality of life using two kinds of biliary drainage procedures in laparoscopic common bile duct exploration...
- New aspects in laparoscopic cholecystectomyMohammad Talebpour
Department of Surgery, Tehran University of Medical Science, Sina Hospital, Tehran, Iran
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 17:290-5. 2007..Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is the gold standard access. The aim of this study was to increase the safety of the procedure by using four new aspects...
- The significance of cystic duct stones encountered during laparoscopic cholecystectomyS Mahmud
Upper GI and Laparoscopic Service, Vale of Leven District Hospital, Alexandria, Scotland G83 OUA, UK
Surg Endosc 15:460-2. 2001BACKGROUND: Cystic duct stones (CDS) are occasionally encountered during laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC)...
- Unsuspected double gall bladder found during laparoscopic cholecystectomyQuan D Ngo
ANZ J Surg 76:199-201. 2006
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for left-sided gallbladder: report of two casesNaohito Kanazumi
Department of Surgery II, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya City 466 8550, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 54:674-6. 2007We report two cases in which patients, who had different junctions of the cystic duct with the common bile duct (CBD), with left-sided gallbladders were treated with laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- The importance of attempting transcystic laparoscopic common bile duct (CBD) exploration in cases of CBD stones (CBDS)A J Wagner
Surg Endosc 20:178. 2006
- Overlapped-clipping, a new technique for ligation of a wide cystic duct in laparoscopic cholecystectomyIbrahim S A Abbas
Department of Surgery, Alnour Specialist Hospital, Makkah, Saudi Arabia
Hepatogastroenterology 52:1039-41. 2005A wide or enlarged cystic duct is a common encounter in laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Many techniques are used to secure its ligation; including internal or extracorporeal knots and Roeder knot. A preformed knot can be used e.g...
- [Our experience in the management of patients with Mirizzi syndrome]Giovanni Bartone
Unità Operativa a Struttura Complessa, di Chirurgia Generale del Dipartimento di Emergenza Azienda Ospedaliera di Rilievo Nazionale, Cardarelli, Napoli
Chir Ital 60:55-62. 2008..Laparoscopic surgery is indicated only for MS type I and II. It seems to carry a higher risk for the patient and we do not use this approach in the emergency settings...
- Endoscopic management of persistent biliary leakage resulting from complete transection of the bile duct at cholecystectomyS P Misra
Department of Gastroenterology, Moti Lal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad, India
Endoscopy 38:598-603. 2006..While minor injuries are amenable to endoscopic therapy, major ones, such as complete transection of the duct, require surgical intervention. We report on the endoscopic management of such injuries...
- Bile duct injuries 12 years after the introduction of laparoscopic cholecystectomyWilliam C Chapman
Sections of Transplantation, Washington University, St Louis School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 7:412-6. 2003
- The endoscopic management of persistent bile leakage after laparoscopic cholecystectomyE Christoforidis
Fourth Surgical Department, Endoscopic Laboratory, Aristotelian University of Thessaloniki, Exochi, Thessaloniki, 57010, Greece
Surg Endosc 16:843-6. 2002..Bile leakage after laparoscopic biliary surgery is a surgical challenge in which endoscopy can play an important role...
- [Mirizzi Syndrome without Cholecystolithiasis]S Vetter
Medizinische Klinik C, Klinikum der Stadt Ludwigshafen gGmbH, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 41:1161-5. 2003..It describes an obstruction of the common hepatic bile duct by external compression caused by an impacted gallstone in the gallbladder neck or cystic duct. This setting is usually associated with cholecystolithiasis.
- What's right when the gallbladder's left? A case reportD Gui
Department of Surgery, Catholic University, Policlinico Gemelli, Largo Agostino Gemelli 8, 00168, Rome, Italy
Surg Endosc 16:1637. 2002..gallbladder originates from the left hepatic duct (LHD), the right embryonic bud is readsorbed, and the cystic duct joins either the CBD from the left or the LHD directly...
- Double cystic duct: a rare biliary anomaly encountered at laparoscopic cholecystectomyRakesh Shivhare
Department of Surgical Gastroenterology, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow, India
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 12:391-2. 2002
- Three-dimensional identification of the cystic infundibulum-cystic duct junction: a technique for identification of the cystic duct in laparoscopic cholecystectomyDing Luo
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Kunming General Hospital of PLA, Kunming 650032, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 2:441-4. 2003..of bile duct injury (BDI) at laparoscopic cholecystectomy is misidentification of the common bile duct as the cystic duct (CD). The aim of this article is to introduce a modified technique, i.e...
- Wire-guided intraductal US in the assessment of bile duct strictures with Mirizzi syndrome-like features at ERCPJong Ho Moon
Institute for Digestive Research, Digestive Disease Center, Soon Chun Hyang University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Gastrointest Endosc 56:873-9. 2002..to common hepatic duct obstruction caused by extrinsic compression that is usually from a stone impacted in the cystic duct. The utility of transpapillary intraductal US for assessment of biliary strictures with radiographic features ..
- [Atypical presentation of a case of Mirizzi syndrome simulating cholangiocarcinoma]C Sciume
Dipartimento di Chirurgia Generale, d Urgenza e dei Trapianti d organo, Universita degli Studi di Palermo, Unità Operativa di Chirurgia Generale ad Indirizzo Toracico
Ann Ital Chir 73:533-7; discussion 537-8. 2002..The authors report their experience in the treatment of a case of Syndrome of Mirizzi (SM) that it simulates a cholangiocarcinoma...
- Laparoscopic operative cholangiography: an additional advantageP H Cosman
ANZ J Surg 73:549. 2003
- Residual gallbladder and cystic duct stones after laparoscopic cholecystectomyTom D Daly
Upper Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Unit, Department of Surgery, Nepean Hospital, Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
ANZ J Surg 72:375-7. 2002
- Anomalous connection of the right hepatic duct into the cystic duct: utility of magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatographySatoshi Yamamoto
Second Department of Surgery, Dokkyo University School of Medicine, 880 Kitakobayashi, Mibu, Tochigi, 321 0293, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 50:643-4. 2003..At surgery, intra-operative cholangiography showed a biliary anomaly of the right hepatic duct entering the cystic duct. Subsequently cholecystectomy was accomplished without any injury to the bile duct...
- Analysis of pathogenetic mechanisms of common bile duct iatrogenic lesion during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. A review of the literatureM Schiano Di Visconte
Divisione di Chirurgia Generale, Azienda ULSS 10 Veneto Orientale, Ospedale di San Donà, Jesolo, Italy
Minerva Chir 57:663-7. 2002..Laparoscopic cholecystectomy as the new gold standard for gallstone treatment has reopened the chapter of complications due to cholecystectomy...
- [Mirizzi syndrome: a case report]Giuseppe Chetta
Chir Ital 54:401-4. 2002..a rare biliary disease caused by compression on the common bile duct by a stone located in the gallbladder or cystic duct. In rare cases an association with gallbladder carcinoma has been described...
- New technique to ligate enlarged cystic duct using a clip applier during laparoscopy: report of a caseYasuhiro Hida
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, N 15, W 7, Kita ku, Sapporo, 060 8638, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 49:926-7. 2002We developed a new technique to ligate an enlarged cystic duct under laparoscopy. First, the cystic duct was ligated with a large size Endoclip and cut halfway through with scissors. The rest of it was ligated by the clips and divided...
- Efficacy of cholangiography under helical computed tomography for laparoscopic cholecystectomyMotoya Takeuchi
Department of Surgery, Japanese Red Cross Asahikawa Hospital, Hokkaido
Surg Today 32:387-91. 2002..cholecystectomy (LC) is known to be safe, the optimal imaging technique for examining the common bile duct and cystic duct prior to laparoscopic intervention remains controversial...
- Comment on a balanced approach to choledocholithiasisR Costi
Surg Endosc 16:724-5. 2002
- Left-sided gallbladder associated with congenital hypoplasia of the left lobe of the liver: a case report and review of literatureTomoaki Noritomi
The 2nd Department of Surgery, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Fukuoka, Japan
Int Surg 89:1-5. 2004..right-sided round ligament associated with abnormal intrahepatic portal branching and ectopic gallbladder attached to the left lobe of the liver that connects to the left hepatic duct via the cystic duct or the accessory bile duct.
- Endoscopic ultrasonography in detection of cholelithiasis in patients with biliary pain and negative transabdominal ultrasonographyJ Thorbøll
Dept of Surgical Gastroenterology D, Gentofte University Hospital, Hellerup, Denmark
Scand J Gastroenterol 39:267-9. 2004....
- Teratoma arising from anomalous common bile ducts: a case reportMehmet Demircan
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Inonu University Faculty of Medicine, Malatya, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 39:e1-2. 2004..As a third case, the authors report on a 4-month-old girl with benign cystic teratoma arising from distal common hepatic bile duct and with anomalous common bile ducts. Surgical management of the patient also is discussed...
- Laparoscopic excision of a triple gallbladderS Nanthakumaran
Department of Surgery, Aberdeen Royal Infirmary, Grampian University Hospitals NHS Trust, Foresterhil, Aberdeen, Scotland AB25 2ZN, UK
Surg Endosc 17:1323. 2003....
- Iatrogenic bile duct injuriesP R Savassi-Rocha
Alfa Institute of Gastroenterology, University Hospital, Federal University of Minas Gerais, 110 Alfredo Balena Ave, Belo Horizonte, MG, 30 220 260, Brazil
Surg Endosc 17:1356-61. 2003..The real incidence of bile duct injury (BDI) during laparoscopic cholecystectomy (LC) is not known...
- Right hepatic artery pseudoaneurysm and cystic duct leak after laparoscopic cholecystectomyS Journe
Medicosurgical Department of Gastroenterology, Erasmus Hospital, Free University of Brussels, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Surg Endosc 18:554-6. 2004..We report the case of a patient who was affected with a cystic duct stump leak associated with a right HAP and was treated by endoscopic biliary drainage and angiographic coil ..
- [Laparoscopic cholecystectomy--accessory bile ducts]Milivoj Balija
Kirurski odjel, Opća bolnica Zabok, Zabok, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 57:105-9. 2003..Therefore, we wish to point to the potential risk of running into accessory bile ducts on dissection within or around the cystohepatic triangle, which may entail some overlooked and untreated lesions...
- Single-step treatment of gall bladder and bile duct stones: a combined endoscopic-laparoscopic techniqueAbdel Hamid Ghazal
General Surgery Department, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alexandria, Egypt
Int J Surg 7:338-46. 2009..More recently the alternative technique of combined LC with intraoperative ERCP and ES is emerging in an attempt to manage cholecysto-choledocholithiasis in a single-step procedure...
- Postoperative ERCP versus laparoscopic choledochotomy for clearance of selected bile duct calculi: a randomized trialLeslie K Nathanson
Department of Surgery and Gastroenterology, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Ann Surg 242:188-92. 2005Prospectively evaluate whether for patients having laparoscopic cholecystectomy with failed trans-cystic duct clearance of bile duct (BD) stones they should have laparoscopic choledochotomy or postoperative endoscopic retrograde ..
- Ultrasonography in the assessment of gallbladder motor activityN Pallotta
Department of Clinical Science, University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:S67-9. 2003..The amount of bile flowing bidirectionally through the cystic duct was about fivefold greater than that estimated with the usually employed variables, such as gallbladder ..
- A new method of preventing bile duct injury in laparoscopic cholecystectomyFang Xu
Department of General Surgery, Hangzhou Second Hospital, Hangzhou 310015, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:2916-8. 2004....
- Giant cell tumor of the extrahepatic biliary tree: a clinicopathologic study of 4 cases and comparison with anaplastic spindle and giant cell carcinoma with osteoclast-like giant cellsJorge Albores-Saavedra
Department of Pathology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, LA, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:495-500. 2006..Two giant cell tumors were located in the distal common bile duct; one in the cystic duct and one in the gallbladder...
- Acalculous biliary pain: cholecystectomy alleviates symptoms in patients with abnormal cholescintigraphyL Yap
Department of Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia
Gastroenterology 101:786-93. 1991..obtained from surgery, 12 showed evidence of chronic cholecystitis, muscle hypertrophy, and/or narrowed cystic duct. A normal gallbladder ejection fraction was recorded in 82 patients, and further treatment was left to the ..
- Benign obstruction of the common hepatic duct (Mirizzi syndrome): diagnosis and operative managementJaques Waisberg
General Surgery Department, Hospital do Servidor Público Estadual de São Paulo Francisco Morato de Oliveira, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 42:13-8. 2005..of prolonged cholelithiasis, characterized by narrowing of the common hepatic duct due to mechanical compression and/or inflammation due to biliary calculus impacted in the infundibula of the gallbladder or in the cystic duct.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy in acute cholecystitisK Prakash
Digestive Diseases Centre, PVS Memorial Hospital, Kochi, Kerala, India 682017
Surg Endosc 16:180-3. 2002....
- Laparoscopic transcystic bile duct stenting in the management of common bile duct stonesChristopher J Martin
University of Sydney Department of Surgery and Upper Gastro intestinal and Hepatobiliary Surgical Unit, Nepean Hospital, Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
ANZ J Surg 72:258-64. 2002..The management of patients with common bile duct stones associated with stones in the gall bladder remains controversial...
- Muscularis mucosae versus muscularis propria in gallbladder, cystic duct, and common bile duct: smoothelin and desmin immunohistochemical studyKirtee Raparia
Department of Pathology, The Methodist Hospital, Weill Medical College, Cornell University, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 14:408-12. 2010The muscle layer in the cystic duct and common bile duct is not well defined, and it is unresolved whether it represents muscularis mucosae or muscularis propria...
- [Usefulness of endoscopic cholangiography and sphincterotomy in patients with biliary lithiasis]Miguel Angel Ramirez-Luna
Departamento de Endoscopia Gastrointestinal, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran, Mexico, DF
Rev Gastroenterol Mex 69:217-25. 2004..However, its use as a standard approach remains controversial...
- [Bacteriologic examination of gallbladder contents]Goran Petaković
Medicinski fakultet, Klinika za abdominalnu i endokrinu hirurgiju, 21000 Novi Sad, Hajduk Veljkova 1 7
Med Pregl 55:225-8. 2002..Most often it is a result of impacted gallstones in Hartman's pouch or the cystic duct. Their direct pressure on gallbladder mucosa causes ischemia, necrosis and ulceration with consequential wall ..
- Endoscopic gallbladder drainage for acute cholecystitis: technical and clinical resultsM Mutignani
Digestive Endoscopy Unit, Department of Surgery, Università Cattolica A Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Endoscopy 41:539-46. 2009..The aim of the present study was to assess the technical success rate and clinical efficacy of endoscopic gallbladder drainage in patients with acute cholecystitis...
- MYOGENIC DISORDERS OF THE GALLBLADDERJose Behar; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of these studies may provide evidence and a rationale in support for using hydrophobic bile acids in the prophylactic treatment of this complication. ..
- IMPAIRED GALLBLADDER CONTRACTION WITH GALLSTONESJose Behar; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- Role of Progesterone in Colonic Muscle DysfunctionJose Behar; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MUSCLE CONTRACTION IN HUMAN & PRAIRIE DOG GALLBLADDERSJose Behar; Fiscal Year: 1993..These data, they believe, may elucidate the pathogenic role of cholesterol in disrupting gallbladder contraction and may ultimately contribute to long-term, nonsurgical treatment of patients with cholesterol stones...
- Clinical Application of Image Guided Liver SurgeryWilliam Chapman; Fiscal Year: 2005..D., in the Department of Biomedical Engineering and other members within the center for Technology-Guided Therapy at Vanderbilt. ..
- INGUINAL HERNIA MGMENT: WATCHFUL WAITING VS. OPERATIONRobert Fitzgibbons; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..