Genomes and Genes
Summary: The BILE DUCTS and the GALLBLADDER.
Publications220 found, 100 shown here
- Oxidative stress: a radical way to stop making bileMarcelo G Roma
Instituto de Fisiología Experimental Facultad de Ciencias Bioquímicas y Farmacéuticas CONICET U N R, S2002LRL, Rosario, Argentina
Ann Hepatol 7:16-33. 2008....
- Guidelines for the management of biliary tract and ampullary carcinomas: surgical treatmentSatoshi Kondo
Department of Surgical Oncology, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 15:41-54. 2008The only curative treatment in biliary tract cancer is surgical treatment. Therefore, the suitability of curative resection should be investigated in the first place...
- Hedgehog signaling in cholangiocytesAlessia Omenetti
Division of Gastroenterology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 27:268-75. 2011..Because this has potential implications for liver repair, this review will summarize current knowledge about Hh signaling and cholangiocytes...
- Organogenesis and development of the liverKarim Si-Tayeb
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Dev Cell 18:175-89. 2010..Here, we review the basic molecular mechanisms that control the formation of the liver as an organ...
- Relating function to branching geometry: a micro-CT study of the hepatic artery, portal vein, and biliary treeTimothy L Kline
Department of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering, Physiological Imaging Research Laboratory, Mayo Clinic, College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 194:431-42. 2011....
- The onecut transcription factor HNF6 is required for normal development of the biliary tractFrederic Clotman
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Institute of Cellular Pathology and Université catholique de Louvain, Avenue Hippocrate 75, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Development 129:1819-28. 2002..The transcription factors that control the development of the biliary tract are unknown...
- Update on hepatobiliary flukes: fascioliasis, opisthorchiasis and clonorchiasisLuis A Marcos
Institute of Tropical Medicine Alexander von Humboldt, Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia, Lima, Peru
Curr Opin Infect Dis 21:523-30. 2008..The present review focuses on current knowledge of clinical, diagnostic and treatment aspects caused by hepatobiliary flukes that can be applied to current protocols in endemic areas...
- Role of cagA-positive Helicobacter pylori on cell proliferation, apoptosis, and inflammation in biliary cellsWongwarut Boonyanugomol
Department of Microbiology, and Liver Fluke and Cholangiocarcinoma Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
Dig Dis Sci 56:1682-92. 2011..We compared the effects of H. pylori cagA(+) and cagA(-) mutant strains on cell proliferation, apoptosis, and inflammation in a cholangiocarcinoma (CCA) cell line (KKU-100)...
- Claudin-1, -2, -3, -4, -7, -8, and -10 protein expression in biliary tract cancersZsuzsanna Nemeth
2nd Department of Pathology, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Histochem Cytochem 57:113-21. 2009b>Biliary tract cancers are relatively common malignant gastrointestinal tumors in the elderly...
- Repeated adenoviral administration into the biliary tract can induce repeated expression of the original gene construct in rat livers without immunosuppressive strategiesK Tominaga
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Nara Medical University, 840 Shijo Cho, Kashihara, Nara 634 8522, Japan
Gut 53:1167-73. 2004..Systemic adenoviral readministration appears to be limited by immunogenicity...
- Motility and dysmotility of the biliary tractKrishnavel V Chathadi
Department of Internal Medicine Gastroenterology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0362, USA
Semin Gastrointest Dis 14:199-207. 2003..However, patients with suspected SOD have the highest complication rate from endoscopic retrograde cholangiogram and sphincterotomy, and, therefore, careful patient selection is mandatory...
- Effect of different bile duct flush solutions on biliary tract preservation injury of donated livers for transplantationD X Cui
Department of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery, Shengjing Hospital Affiliated to China Medical University, Shenyang City, China
Transplant Proc 42:1576-81. 2010The objective of this study was to explore the effect of various bile duct flush (BDF) solutions on biliary tract preservation of donated livers in rats.
- Biliary tract injury caused by different relative warm ischemia time in liver transplantation in ratsHong Feng Zhao
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:247-54. 2009..This study was undertaken to assess biliary tract injury caused by relative warm ischemia (secondary warm ischemia time in the biliary tract) and reperfusion.
- DPC-4 (Smad-4) and K-ras gene mutations in biliary tract epithelium in children with anomalous pancreaticobiliary ductal unionTakashi Shimotake
Division of Surgery, Children s Research Hospital, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
J Pediatr Surg 38:694-7. 2003..studies have found that anomalous pancreaticobiliary ductal union (APBDU) is a substantial risk factor for biliary tract cancer at a younger age...
- The gallbladder and biliary tract in cystic fibrosisMichael P Curry
Liver Transplantation, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 7:147-53. 2005..Liver transplantation can be performed successfully in patients with end-stage liver disease. Future treatments involve targeted gene therapy and activation of mutant forms of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator...
- Concordance of second-order portal venous and biliary tract anatomies on MDCT angiography and MDCT cholangiographyJames S Chen
Abdominal Imaging, Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0628, C 324C, 505 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 184:70-4. 2005We sought to investigate the concordance between second-order portal venous and biliary tract anatomies using MDCT angiography and MDCT cholangiography.
- Acute pancreatitis caused by tapeworm in the biliary tractYu Min Liu
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, and Department of Pathology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Am J Trop Med Hyg 73:377-80. 2005..Although parasites are not an uncommon cause of pancreatitis, especially in disease-endemic areas, it is rare for Taenia to cause acute pancreatitis...
- Gallstones and the risk of biliary tract cancer: a population-based study in ChinaA W Hsing
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20852 7234, USA
Br J Cancer 97:1577-82. 2007We conducted a population-based study of 627 patients with biliary tract cancers (368 of gallbladder, 191 bile duct, and 68 ampulla of Vater), 1037 with biliary stones, and 959 healthy controls randomly selected from the Shanghai ..
- Helical CT cholangiography in the evaluation of the biliary tract: application to the diagnosis of choledocholithiasisT Cabada Giadas
Radiology Service, Hospital de Navarra, C Irunlarrea, 3, 31008 Pamplona, Navarra, Spain
Abdom Imaging 27:61-70. 2002We evaluated the role of helical computed tomographic (HCT) cholangiography in the study of the biliary tract, especially in the detection of choledocholithiasis, and compared it with direct cholangiography.
- Intraoperative choledochoscopy for the management of liver hydatid cysts opened to the biliary tractNikola Nikolov Vladov
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:836-7. 2004
- Mirizzi syndrome complicating an anomalous biliary tract: a novel cause of a hugely elevated CA19-9Andrew G N Robertson
University Department of Surgery, Royal Free Hospital and Royal Free and University College School of Medicine, University College London, UK
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 19:167-9. 2007..surgery, biliary obstruction owing to a gallstone (Type II Mirizzi) was found to be complicating a congenital biliary tract anomaly...
- Development of the biliary tractFrederic P Lemaigre
Hormone and Metabolic Research Unit, Université catholique de Louvain and Institute of Cellular Pathology, Brussels, Belgium
Mech Dev 120:81-7. 2003
- Identification of cholelithogenic enterohepatic helicobacter species and their role in murine cholesterol gallstone formationKirk J Maurer
Division of Comparative Medicine, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
Gastroenterology 128:1023-33. 2005..To test this, we prospectively investigated the effects of Helicobacter spp infection in cholesterol gallstone pathogenesis in the highly susceptible C57L/J mouse model...
- Laparoscopic ultrasonography: an additional method for potentially preventing biliary tract injuryJ Machi
Surg Endosc 22:802-3. 2008
- Biliary tract of the rat as observed by scanning electron microscopy of cast samplesT Murakami
Section of Human Morphology, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama University, Japan
Arch Histol Cytol 64:439-47. 2001The three-dimensional distribution of the biliary tract in the rat was studied by scanning electron microscopy of biliary casts...
- Expression of specific hepatocyte and cholangiocyte transcription factors in human liver disease and embryonic developmentPallavi B Limaye
Department of Pathology, Division of Transplantation Pathology, Montefiore University Hospital, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 2582, USA
Lab Invest 88:865-72. 2008....
- In vivo spectroscopic characterization of porcine biliary tract tissues: first step in the development of new biliary tract imaging devicesEdward H Livingston
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 37:201-9. 2009..The purpose of this work is to characterize the NIR optical properties of bile containing structures that are needed for later development of a clinically useful probe...
- Blunt trauma of the pancreas and biliary tract: a multimodality imaging approach to diagnosisAvneesh Gupta
Department of Radiology, Boston University Medical Center and Boston University, Mass, USA
Radiographics 24:1381-95. 2004..Bile duct injuries can be suggested with CT, which may show ascites and associated liver injuries, and can be confirmed with hepatobiliary scintigraphy...
- Visualization of the biliary tract using gadobenate dimeglumine: preliminary findingsFatma Bilge Ergen
Department of Radiology, Hacettepe University Faculty of Medicine, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
J Comput Assist Tomogr 32:54-60. 2008..To compare contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance (MR) cholangiography (CE-MRC) performed with gadobenate dimeglumine with T2-weighted MRC (T2-MRC) for visualization of the bile ducts in nondilated biliary systems...
- Tegaserod does not alter fasting or meal-induced biliary tract motilityRobert S Fisher
Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:1342-9. 2004..The effect of tegaserod on nongut digestive organs, such as the gallbladder and biliary tract, has not been previously investigated...
- Prediction of lymph node metastasis and perineural invasion of biliary tract cancer by selected features from cDNA array dataKatsuhiko Murakawa
Department of Surgical Oncology, Division of Cancer Diagnostics and Therapeutics, Institute for Genetic Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Surg Res 122:184-94. 2004To better understand the nature of the malignancy of biliary tract carcinoma and evaluate the feasibility of its prediction by gene expression profiles.
- MicroRNA-98 and let-7 confer cholangiocyte expression of cytokine-inducible Src homology 2-containing protein in response to microbial challengeGuoku Hu
Department of Medical Microbiology and Immunology, Creighton University Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68178, USA
J Immunol 183:1617-24. 2009..parvum infection. Our data suggest that miR-98 and let-7 confer cholangiocyte expression of CIS in response to microbial challenge, a process that may be relevant to the regulation of TLR-mediated epithelial innate immune response...
- The role of bacteria in gallstone pathogenesisA Swidsinski
Innere Klinik, Gastroenterologie, , Germany
Front Biosci 6:E93-103. 2001....
- Trypsinogen-1, -2 and tumour-associated trypsin-inhibitor in bile and biliary tract tissues from patients with biliary tract diseases and pancreatic carcinomasJ Hedstrom
Department of Clinical Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
Scand J Clin Lab Invest 61:111-8. 2001..of trypsinogen-1, -2 and tumour-associated trypsin-inhibitor (TATI) were determined in 23 patients with benign biliary tract disease, two with biliary tract cancer, and in 15 with pancreatic cancer...
- Ursodeoxycholic acid-augmented hepatobiliary scintigraphy in the evaluation of neonatal jaundiceUjjal Poddar
Department of Gastroenterology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
J Nucl Med 45:1488-92. 2004..This study aimed at identifying the role of ursodeoxycholic acid (UDCA), a choleretic agent, in conjunction with hepatobiliary scintigraphy in differentiating extrahepatic biliary atresia from neonatal hepatitis...
- Italian multicenter experience of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass on vertical banded gastroplasty: four-year results of effective and safe innovative procedure enabling traditional endoscopic and radiographic study of bypassed stomach and biliary tractStefano Cariani
Department of General Surgery and Obesity Surgery, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Surg Obes Relat Dis 4:16-25. 2008..A previously published study demonstrated that complete occlusion of the gastrogastric outlet was not necessary to lose weight. We have developed an open RYGB-on-vertical banded gastroplasty procedure...
- Biliary secretion of moxifloxacin in obstructive cholangitis and the non-obstructed biliary tractD Schwab
Department of Medicine I, University Erlangen Nurnberg, Erlangen, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 22:417-22. 2005..Biliary secretion of antibiotic agents into the bile is considerably compromised by biliary obstruction, a precondition of bacterial cholangitis. Moxifloxacin may be advantageous according to secretion and antimicrobial spectrum...
- Abdominal MDCT: liver, pancreas, and biliary tractW Dennis Foley
Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Radiology, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Semin Ultrasound CT MR 25:122-44. 2004..In this chapter, a rational approach to hepatic and pancreatic MDCT acquisition is outlined with emphasis on circulatory phases and contrast material pharmacokinetics as well as biological characteristics of focal parenchymal lesions...
- Highly resolved free-breathing magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography in the diagnostic workup of pancreaticobiliary diseases in infants and young children--initial experiencesJuergen F Schaefer
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Tuebingen, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
J Pediatr Surg 41:1645-51. 2006..The study aimed to investigate the new technology of the MRCP in infants with suspected pancreaticobiliary diseases...
- Copper impairs biliary epithelial cells and induces protein oxidation and oxidative DNA damage in the isolated perfused rat liverAlbena Alexandrova
Laboratory of Free Radical Processes, Institute of Physiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Exp Toxicol Pathol 58:255-61. 2007..The results suggest that toxic effects of copper in the isolated perfused rat liver may involve biliary epithelial cells and they are associated with lipid peroxidation, protein oxidation, and oxidative DNA damage...
- [Significant role of transporters in drug hepatobiliary transport]Jin Sun
Department of Biopharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang 110016, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:680-5. 2005
- Posttraumatic bile leaks: role of diagnostic imaging and impact on patient outcomeKeith W Fleming
Department of Radiology, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, 88 East Newton Street, MA 02118, USA
Emerg Radiol 12:103-7. 2006..Patients with liver injury and free intraperitoneal bile leak have longer hospitalizations and undergo more therapeutic procedures than those without, who respond to conservative management...
- Relationship between right portal and biliary systems based on reclassification of the liverAkihiro Cho
Department of Surgery, Chiba Cancer Center Hospital, 666 2 Nitonachou, Chuouku, Chiba 260 8717, Japan
Am J Surg 193:1-4. 2007....
- The role of 99mTc mebrofenin hepatobiliary scanning in predicting common bile duct stones in patients with gallstone diseaseMohammed Iqbal
Department of Surgical Disciplines, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Nucl Med Commun 25:285-9. 2004..ERCP has the disadvantage of being invasive, and there is a risk of complications; while MRCP is costly and is not widely available...
- Techniques, clinical applications and limitations of 3D reconstruction in CT of the abdomenMichael M Maher
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston 02184, USA
Korean J Radiol 5:55-67. 2004..In addition, this article briefly discusses the disadvantages of thin-slice acquisitions including increasing numbers of transverse images, which must be reviewed by the radiologist...
- Imaging of hepatic transplantationHero K Hussain
Department of Radiology, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Clin Liver Dis 6:247-70, viii-ix. 2002....
- Dynamics of the vascular profile of the finer branches of the biliary tree in normal and diseased human liversAnnette S H Gouw
Department of Pathology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
J Hepatol 45:393-400. 2006..An insufficient proliferative response and loss of bile ductules preceded bile duct loss whereas preservation of bile ductules mitigated bile duct loss...
- Aquaporins in the hepatobiliary systemAnatoliy I Masyuk
Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hepatology 43:S75-81. 2006..Accumulating evidence suggests that AQPs are likely involved in canalicular and ductal bile secretion, gluconeogenesis and microbial infection and may have other novel roles that affect liver function...
- High risk of bacterobilia in advanced experimental chronic fasciolosisM A Valero
Departamento de Parasitologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Valencia, Av Vicente Andrés Estellés s n, 46100 Burjassot, Valencia, Spain
Acta Trop 100:17-23. 2006..e. therapeutic strategies should not only include a parasitic treatment but also consider the possibility of bacterial co-infection...
- Biliary dysgenesis in the PCK rat, an orthologous model of autosomal recessive polycystic kidney diseaseTatyana V Masyuk
Mayo Medical School, Clinic and Foundation, 200 First St, SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Pathol 165:1719-30. 2004..Our results suggest that the PCK rat is a useful model for studies of biliary cystogenesis and treatment options of inherited cystic liver disease...
- Gadobenate dimeglumine-enhanced liver MRI as the sole preoperative imaging technique: a prospective study of living liver donorsSu Kyung An
Department of Radiology and Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28, Yongon Dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:1223-33. 2006..The objective of our study was to determine whether gadobenate dimeglumine-enhanced MRI is practical as the sole preoperative imaging technique for the examination of living liver donors...
- The keratin cytoskeleton in liver diseasesKurt Zatloukal
Institute of Pathology, Medical University of Graz, A 8036 Graz, Austria
J Pathol 204:367-76. 2004..The functional relevance of keratins in human diseases has recently been underlined by the identification of mutations in keratin genes in patients with liver cirrhosis...
- Hepatobiliary transporters and drug-induced cholestasisChristiane Pauli-Magnus
Division of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Hepatology 44:778-87. 2006..This review summarizes current knowledge about the function of hepatobiliary uptake and efflux systems and discusses factors that might predispose to drug-induced cholestasis...
- Biliary disease after liver transplantation: the experience of the King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, RiyadhMohammad S Khuroo
Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:217-28. 2005The biliary tract has been referred to as the "Achilles heel" of liver transplantation...
- Administration of granulocyte colony stimulating factor after liver transplantation leads to an increased incidence and severity of ischemic biliary lesions in the rat modelOlaf Dirsch
Institute of Pathology, University Hospital Cologne, Germany
World J Gastroenterol 12:5021-7. 2006..This study evaluated whether G-CSF treatment worsens liver perfusion following liver transplantation in the rat model...
- Differential effects of hydroxyacetophenone analogues on the transcytotic vesicular pathway in rat liverLukmanee Tradtrantip
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Science, Mahidol University, Rama 6 Road, Bangkok, Thailand
Eur J Pharmacol 547:152-9. 2006..These results demonstrate a variable effect of hydroxyacetophenones on the transcytotic vesicular pathway reflecting different choleretic mechanisms and therapeutic potential...
- High frequency of cholestasis in generalized pustular psoriasis: Evidence for neutrophilic involvement of the biliary tractManuelle Viguier
Department of Dermatology 1, Hopital Saint Louis, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and Université Paris 7, Paris, France
Hepatology 40:452-8. 2004..Biliary involvement related to neutrophilic cholangitis should be added to the spectrum of extracutaneous manifestations of this disease, and physicians should be aware of such a complication...
- Safety of donor right hepatectomy for adult-to-adult living donor liver transplantationToshiyuki Itamoto
Department of Surgery, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Programs for Biomedical Research, Graduate School of Biomedical Science, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Transpl Int 19:177-83. 2006..evaluations of liver remnant volume by CT volumetry and biliary variation by CT cholangiography are essential for performing safe donor hepatectomy, preventing hepatic insufficiency and minimizing the risk of biliary tract complications.
- Alteration of fexofenadine disposition in the rat isolated perfused liver following injection of bacterial lipopolysaccharideYen Tong
Sansom Institute, School of Pharmacy and Medical Sciences, University of South Australia, City East Campus, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 33:685-9. 2006..0 +/- 1.1 mL/min; CLB 2.7 +/- 0.5 mL/min; L : P 87 +/- 14; and B : L 30 +/- 4). 4. In conclusion CL and CLB were reduced following treatment with LPS in a manner consistent with downregulation of both canalicular and sinusoidal transport...
- Dual-radionuclide simultaneous gastric emptying and bile transit study after gastric surgery with double-tract reconstructionKenichi Nakajima
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Kanazawa University Hospital, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 19:185-91. 2005..We applied a simultaneous dual-radionuclide method with a hepatobiliary imaging and gastric emptying study to evaluate physiologic alterations occurring after surgery...
- Biliary excretion of sulfated bile acids and organic anions in zone 1- and zone 3-injured ratsTakahiro Sasamoto
Department of Medicine, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:26-31. 2006....
- Biliary parasitic diseases including clonorchiasis, opisthorchiasis and fascioliasisJae Hoon Lim
Department of Radiology and Center for Imaging Science, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Abdom Imaging 33:157-65. 2008..In the biliary phase, the flukes are demonstrated in the intra- and extrahepatic bile ducts and the gallbladder as small intraluminal flat objects, sometimes moving spontaneously. Bile ducts are dilated...
- Mechanism of hepatobiliary transport of a novel thromboxane A2 receptor antagonist, [2-(4-chlorophenylsulfonylaminomethyl)indan-5-yl]acetate (Z-335), and its xenobiotic taurine conjugate (Z-335-Tau) in ratsYoshihiro Kawabata
Central Research Laboratories, ZERIA Pharmaceutical Corporation, Ltd, 2512 1, Oshikiri, Kohnan machi, Ohsato gun, Saitama 360 0111, Japan
J Pharm Sci 92:67-76. 2003..The mdr2 and/or BSEP/spgp might contribute to a part of total biliary excretion of Z-335-Tau, however, these transporters have not played a major role in the biliary excretion of Z-335-Tau...
- Hepatobiliary excretion of silibinin in normal and liver cirrhotic ratsJhy Wen Wu
Institute of Traditional Medicine, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Drug Metab Dispos 36:589-96. 2008..These results together suggest that the phase II conjugative reaction of silibinin was blocked by treatment with DNM...
- Increase in bile flow and biliary excretion of glutathione-derived sulfhydryls in rats by drug-metabolizing enzyme inducers is mediated by multidrug resistance protein 2David R Johnson
Environmental Health and Occupational Medicine Center, Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, 3901 Rainbow Boulevard, Kansas City, Kansas 66160 7417, USA
Toxicol Sci 66:16-26. 2002..In conclusion, Mrp2 is the inducible efflux transporter responsible for increased biliary SH excretion and bile flow after administration of some drug-metabolizing enzyme inducers...
- Quantitative evaluation of capacity-limited hepatobiliary transport based on hepatocellular diffusion model by MULTI(FEM)M Higashimori
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Science, Kyoto University, Japan
J Pharmacokinet Pharmacodyn 28:415-44. 2001..3 microg/ml. In conclusion, MULTI(FEM) is useful for evaluation of capacity-limited local disposition...
- A prospective study of bile leaks after laparoscopic cholecystectomyD M Hasl
Department of Surgery, Riverside Methodist Hospital, 3535 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, OH 43214, USA
Surg Endosc 15:1299-300. 2001..3%, as compared with historical reports of 30% to 44% for open cholecystectomy...
- Influence of hypotonic stress on the biliary excretion of doxorubicin in Wistar and TR- ratsM Gaugg
Department of Pathophysiology, University of Vienna, AKH, Austria
Anticancer Res 21:2745-51. 2001..Our data show that in the liver of both strains, exposure to a hypotonic medium stimulates DOX excretion, presumably by activation of P-gp and mrp2 during RVD...
- Hardikar syndrome: new featuresJ Rainer Poley
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27834, USA
Am J Med Genet A 146:2473-9. 2008..syndrome (HS) is a disorder of multiple anomalies predominantly characterized by cleft lip/palate, liver and biliary tract disease, intestinal malrotation, obstructive uropathy, and retinopathy...
- [Biliary complications following orthotopic liver transplantation. The Hungarian experience]Balazs Nemes
Semmelweis Egyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, Transzplantációs és Sebészeti Klinika Budapest
Orv Hetil 149:963-73. 2008..The authors observed the known risk factors in the Hungarian practice, and they also try to find unknown risk factors for biliary complications. They review the therapy of biliary complications...
- Developmental mucin gene expression in the gastroduodenal tract and accessory digestive glands. II. Duodenum and liver, gallbladder, and pancreasM P Buisine
Laboratoire de Biochimie et de Biologie Moleculaire, Hopital C Huriez, CHRU, Lille, France
J Histochem Cytochem 48:1667-76. 2000..Taken together, these data show complex spatio-temporal regulation of the mucin genes and suggest a possible regulatory role for mucin gene products in gastroduodenal epithelial cell differentiation...
- Indirect cytotoxicity of flucloxacillin toward human biliary epithelium via metabolite formation in hepatocytesF Lakehal
, , , Paris, France
Chem Res Toxicol 14:694-701. 2001..These metabolic events may contribute to the pathogenesis of drug-induced cholangiopathies...
- Diagnostic workup before laparoscopic cholecystectomy--which diagnostic tools should be used?J Fahlke
Department of Surgery, Otto von Guericke University, Leipziger Str 44, D 39120 Magdeburg, Germany
Hepatogastroenterology 48:59-65. 2001..As there is no general agreement regarding the appropriate preoperative diagnostic workup, we compared different diagnostic methods as to their value in detecting unknown accompanying diseases and complications...
- Inhibition of biliary excretion of methotrexate by probenecid in rats: quantitative prediction of interaction from in vitro dataK Ueda
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 297:1036-43. 2001..The present analysis demonstrates a strategic rationale for predicting drug interactions involving biliary excretion using in vitro systems to avoid any false negative predictions...
- The effect of erythromycin on bile excretion and proximal small bowel motility following divided gastric bypass surgery: a prospective randomized placebo-controlled trialNeal W Wilkinson
Department of Surgery, Eisenhower Army Medical Center, Fort Gordon, GA, USA
Obes Surg 12:765-72. 2002..The study was designed to examine the effect of erythromycin on small bowel motility in a placebo-controlled trial of post gastric bypass patients utilizing a standardized nuclear medicine test...
- A prospective study of standardized nonsurgical therapy in the management of biliary anastomotic strictures complicating liver transplantationAndrew P Holt
Liver Transplantation and Hepatology Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Transplantation 84:857-63. 2007....
- Molecular aspects of bile formation and cholestasisMarco Arrese
Departmento de Gastroenterologi a, Facultad de Medicina, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Marcoleta 347, 8320000 Santiago, Chile
Trends Mol Med 9:558-64. 2003..Potential implications of this knowledge for the design of new therapies of cholestatic disorders are also discussed...
- Disorders of bile formation and biliary transportGitit Tomer
Division of Pediatric Gastroenetrology, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1656, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY 10029, USA
Gastroenterol Clin North Am 32:839-55, vi. 2003..Defects in bile acid biosynthesis and aminophospholipid transport may be responsive to medical or non-transplant surgical approaches...
- Cholyllysyl fluroscein and related lysyl fluorescein conjugated bile acid analoguesC O Mills
Liver and Hepatobiliary Unit, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, United Kingdom
Yale J Biol Med 70:447-57. 1997....
- Hepatobiliary pathologyJay H Lefkowitch
Department of Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York, USA
Curr Opin Gastroenterol 24:269-77. 2008..Studies are reviewed from the past year concerning the histopathology of liver and biliary diseases and their pathogenesis...
- Biliary strictures following liver transplantation: past, present and preventive strategiesSharad Sharma
Nazih Zuhdi Transplant Institute, Baptist Medical Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73112, USA
Liver Transpl 14:759-69. 2008..In the case of live donors, judicious use of intraoperative cholangiograms, minimal dissection of the hilar plate, and perpendicular transection of the duct constitute the underlying principals for obtaining a vascularized duct...
- Papillomatosis of intra- and extrahepatic biliary tree: Successful treatment with liver transplantationGeorge Imvrios
Department of Transplant Surgery, Aristotle University, Hippokration Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Liver Transpl 13:1045-8. 2007..Fifteen months' follow-up revealed a patient with normal graft function and with no clinically or laboratory findings of disease recurrence or cancer development...
- Definitive exclusion of biliary atresia in infants with cholestatic jaundice: the role of percutaneous cholecysto-cholangiographyBenedict C Nwomeh
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Columbus Children s Hospital, The Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, 700 Children s Drive, Suite ED379, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Pediatr Surg Int 23:845-9. 2007..Identification of a normal gall bladder on sonogram is highly predictive of the absence of biliary atresia. Further confirmation can be accurately obtained by a combination of PCC and percutaneous liver biopsy...
- Parameters obtained by hepatobiliary scintigraphy have significant correlation with biochemical factors early after liver transplantationH A Kansoul
Division of Transplantation Surgery, Department of Clinical Science, Intervention, and Technology, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Radiol 48:597-604. 2007..Early postoperative hepatobiliary scintigraphy after liver transplantation is performed worldwide, but data on its significance for graft function are currently limited...
- Anomalous development of the hepatobiliary system in the Inv mouseM V Mazziotti
Department of Surgery, Washington University School of Medicine, Washington School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Hepatology 30:372-8. 1999....
- The role of different P-glycoproteins in hepatobiliary secretion of fluorescently labeled short-chain phospholipidsC M Frijters
Departments of Gastrointestinal and Liver Diseases and Clinical Chemistry, Academic Medical Center, FO 221, Meibergdreef 9, 1105 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Lipid Res 40:1950-8. 1999..These data confirm that the efficiency of NBD-SM extraction depends on the lipid composition and suggest that the canalicular membrane outer leaflet of Mdr2 -/- mice has a reduced PC content...
- Ultrasound of non-vascular complications in the post liver transplant patientA S Shaw
Department of Radiology, King s College Hospital, London, UK
Clin Radiol 58:672-80. 2003..The types, frequency and features of non-vascular complications are described in this review, with emphasis on biliary complications, types of fluid collections and the features of post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder...
- [A new method for quantification of hepatobiliary scintigraphy using 99mTc-mebrofenin. A comparative study]J M P Lima
Serviço de Medicina Nuclear, Hospitais da Universidade de Coimbra Coimbra Portugal
Rev Esp Med Nucl 22:244-9. 2003..Comments are made on the interest and limitations of the presented technique that may be an useful tool for the evaluation of hepatic insufficiency...
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic MRI and MRCP findings in patients with HIV infectionMehmet Bilgin
Department of Radiology, University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Giessen, Germany
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:228-32. 2008..The purpose of this article is to describe the spectrum of MRI and MR cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) findings of hepatic, pancreatic, and biliary manifestations in patients with HIV infection...
- Biliary tract injuries during laparoscopic cholecystectomy: three case reports and literature reviewD Parmeggiani
Second University of Naples, Dpt of Emergency Surgery
G Chir 31:16-9. 2010b>Biliary tract injuries (BTI) represent the most serious and potentially life-threatening complication of cholecystectomy. During open cholecystectomies (OC), the prevalence of bile duct injuries has been estimated at only 0.1-0.2%...
- [Surgical treatment of polypoid lesions of gallbladder]Miljko A Pejić
Surgical Department, Health Centre, Uzice
Srp Arh Celok Lek 131:319-24. 2003..which is the fifth most common malignancy of the gastrointestinal tract and the most common malignancy of the biliary tract. Benign polypoid lesions of the gallbladder are divided into true tumors and pseudotumors...
- The main hepatic anatomic variations for the purpose of split-liver transplantationE Chaib
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transplant Proc 37:1063-6. 2005..The aim of this study was to demonstrate the importance of an assessment of the hepatic anatomical structures for the purpose of split-liver transplantation...
- Blood pressure reflexes following activation of capsaicin-sensitive afferent neurones in the biliopancreatic duct of ratsT Griesbacher
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Graz, Austria
Br J Pharmacol 111:547-54. 1994..Secondly, the reflex inhibition of the sympathetic nerve activity in the heart and the vasculature causes the nociceptive depressor reflexes...
- The main hepatic anatomic variations for the purpose of split-liver transplantationEleazar Chaib
Department of Gastroenterology Liver and Portal Hypertension Surgery Unit, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Rua Embau 206 Ap 131, 04039 060 São Paulo, Brazil
Hepatogastroenterology 54:688-92. 2007..The aim of this study is to demonstrate the importance of an assessment of the hepatic anatomical structures for the purpose of split-liver transplantation...
- Diagnostic and therapeutic ERCP in the pediatric age groupHussain Issa
Department of Internal Medicine, Qatif Central Hospital, P O Box 61015, Qatif, 31911, Saudi Arabia
Pediatr Surg Int 23:111-6. 2007..This is specially so in the era of laparoscopic cholecystectomy, where ERCP should be the treatment of choice in children with CBD stones who are going or have previously undergone laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Effect of biliary tract external drainage on cytokine expression and histomorphology of intestine, liver, and lung in rats with hemorrhagic shockYong Jun Liu
Surgical Intensive Care Unit, the First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Crit Care Med 37:2800-6. 2009To investigate the protective effect of biliary tract external drainage on cytokine expression and pathomorphism of intestine, liver, and lung in rats with hemorrhagic shock.
- Preliminary study of the anatomy of the venous drainage of the intrahepatic and extrahepatic bile ducts and its relevance to the practice of hepatobiliary surgeryI D Vellar
Department of Surgery, University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
ANZ J Surg 71:418-22. 2001..The purpose of the present investigation is to describe the anatomy of the venous drainage of both the intrahepatic and extrahepatic bile ducts and to determine its relevance to hepatobiliary surgery...
- [Prevention, diagnosis and treatment of iatrogennic lesions of biliary tract during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Management of papila injury after invasive endoscopy. Part 1. Prevention and diagnosis of bile duct injuries]J Svab
I Chirurgická klinika 1 LF UK a VFN v Praze
Rozhl Chir 84:176-81. 2005..Iatrogenic injury of the biliary tract have increased in incidence in the first decade with the introduction of laparoscopic cholecystectomy...
- Clinical vignette in antiretroviral therapy: jaundiceSteven C Zell
Department of Internal Medicine and Health Care Research, University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, Nevada, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 2:133-9. 2003..Finally, all HIV patients should receive appropriate vaccination against hepatitis A and B if serology shows lack of protective immunity...
- Novel targeted approaches to treating biliary tract cancer: the dual epidermal growth factor receptor and ErbB-2 tyrosine kinase inhibitor NVP-AEE788 is more efficient than the epidermal growth factor receptor inhibitors gefitinib and erlotinibMarcus Wiedmann
Department of Internal Medicine II, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Anticancer Drugs 17:783-95. 2006..Little is known, however, about the efficacy of this therapy in biliary tract cancer...
- [Clinical manifestation and patho-typing of biliary cast syndrome in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation]Xiao Dan Zhu
Institute of Liver Transplantation, General Hospital of Chinese Armed Police Forces, Beijing 100039, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:728-32. 2008..To summarize the Patho-typing and the clinical manifestation of biliary cast syndrome (BCS) in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation...
- RidCancerPain Intervention in a Hispanic Population Along the US-Mexico BorderKRISTYNIA MARIE contact ROBINSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..for those of Hispanic origin, because cancers with higher rates among Hispanics, such as stomach, liver, biliary tract, and uterine cervix, are generally associated with extreme pain (American Cancer Society, 2009)...
- GROWTH REGULATION OF THE INTRAHEPATIC BILIARY TREEGianfranco Alpini; Fiscal Year: 2007..It is our firm belief that the results of these studies will provide information that will not only allow us to better understand cholangiocyte pathobiology but will also lead to treatments for cholestatic liver diseases. ..
- GROWTH REGULATION OF THE INTRAHEPATIC BILIARY TREEGianfranco Alpini; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is our firm belief that the results of these studies will provide information that will not only allow us to better understand cholangiocyte pathobiology but will also lead to treatments for cholestatic liver diseases. ..
- GROWTH REGULATION OF THE INTRAHEPATIC BILIARY TREEGIANFRANCO D ALPINI; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our firm belief that the results of these studies will provide information that will not only allow us to better understand cholangiocyte pathobiology but will also lead to treatments for cholestatic liver diseases. ..
- Role of Sensory Neuropeptides in the Regulation of Biliary FunctionGIANFRANCO D ALPINI; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Role of Sensory Neuropeptides in the Regulation of Biliary FunctionGianfranco Alpini; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Mechanism of gallbladder tumorigenesis in BK5.erbB2 miceKaoru Kiguchi; Fiscal Year: 2007b>Biliary tract cancer (BTC) has proven challenging to treat and manage due to its poor sensitivity to conventional therapies and the inability to prevent or detect early tumor formation...
- CONTROL OF MOTILITY IN THE SPHINCTER OF ODDIGary Mawe; Fiscal Year: 1993..These are also the first studies undertaken, using intracellular recording techniques, to assess the electrical and synaptic properties of the neurons of a smooth muscle sphincter of the bowel...
- cPLA2alpha and COX-2 in CholangiocarcinomaTong Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010Cholangiocarcinoma is a highly malignant neoplasm of the biliary tract and its incidence and mortality is rising. Early diagnosis is difficult and currently there is no effective chemoprevention or treatment...
- cPLA2alpha and COX-2 in CholangiocarcinomaTong Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009Cholangiocarcinoma is a highly malignant neoplasm of the biliary tract and its incidence and mortality is rising. Early diagnosis is difficult and currently there is no effective chemoprevention or treatment...
- dnTGF Beta RII Mice and PBCWilliam M Ridgway; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our lab proposes to take advantage of a model that recapitulates many of the features of human PBC and study the mechanisms of disease with the belief that such data will lead to a breakthrough in human PBC. ..
- A Tumor-Specific Nanoimmunocomplex Markedly Improves MR ImagingEsther Chang; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- CHOLESTEROL TRANSPORT IN GALLBLADDER EPITHELIAL CELLSRahul Kuver; Fiscal Year: 2003..3. Compare and contrast the mechanisms of activation of ABCA1 via the cAMP responsive and the LXRalpha/RXR- responsive pathways. ..
- NEURAL CONTROL OF THE GALLBLADDERGary Mawe; Fiscal Year: 1993..Data from the experiments described in this proposal will elucidate the means by which neurons in the wall of the gallbladder respond to incoming cues, and how these neurons, in turn, influence the smooth muscle tone of the organ...
- Biliary oxysterols and cholangiocarcinomaRahul Kuver; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Biliary oxysterols and cholangiocarcinomaRAHUL P KUVER; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Pathophysiology of Biliary CryptosporidiosisNicholas Larusso; Fiscal Year: 2007..parvum infection in the biliary tract in in vitro and in vivo experimental models...
- Pathophysiology of Biliary CryptosporidiosisNicholas Larusso; Fiscal Year: 2009..parvum infection in the biliary tract in in vitro and in vivo experimental models...
- Abcb11 and Hepatic TransportAnne Henkel; Fiscal Year: 2007..is an essential hepatic function in both normal physiology and in pathophysiologic diseases of the liver, biliary tract, and cardiovascular system...
- Biliary oxysterols and cholangiocarcinomaSum Lee; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- T Cell-Mediated Mechanisms of Autoimmunity in Murine and Human Biliary AtresiaCARA LYNN MACK; Fiscal Year: 2010..The overall goal of this research program is to use these molecular and immunological insights as a basis for development of future therapeutic and preventative strategies for this important disease. ..
- T Cell-Mediated Mechanisms of Autoimmunity in Murine and Human Biliary AtresiaCARA LYNN MACK; Fiscal Year: 2010..The overall goal of this research program is to use these molecular and immunological insights as a basis for development of future therapeutic and preventative strategies for this important disease. ..
- T Cell-Mediated Mechanisms of Autoimmunity in Murine and Human Biliary AtresiaCara Mack; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall goal of this research program is to use these molecular and immunological insights as a basis for development of future therapeutic and preventative strategies for this important disease. ..
- IL-6 AND HEPATIC DYSFUNCTION IN SEPSISClifford Deutschman; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should provide key information on the role played by an important inflammatory mediator, IL-6, in the complex series of events that results in the hepatic dysfunction of SIRS/MODS. ..
- Molecular Pathogenesis of Cystic Fibrosis Liver DiseaseMartin Carey; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Phenotypic Determinants of Murine CholelithiasisMartin Carey; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Pathogenic Mechanisms of Virus Induced Biliary AtresiaGREGORY TIAO; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will determine if a similar process occurs in vivo. We will also determine if the NF-kappaB intracellular pathway is the mechansim by which RRV infection induces chemokine production. ..
- PATHOBIOLOGY OF HEPATIC EPITHELIANicholas Larusso; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Immunologic dysfunction in biliary atresiaJorge Bezerra; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..