Genomes and Genes
granulocyte precursor cells
Summary: The cells in the granulocytic series that give rise to mature granulocytes (NEUTROPHILS; EOSINOPHILS; and BASOPHILS.) These precursor cells include myeloblasts, promyelocytes, myelocytes and metamyelocytes.
Publications165 found, 100 shown here
- Meningeal relapse in a patient with acute promyelocytic leukemia: a case report and review of the literatureSung Hwa Bae
Department of Internal Medicine, Daegu Catholic University College of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 19:311-4. 2004..The examination of cerebrospinal fluid showed the presence of promyelocyte. Bone marrow studies showed cytogenetic remission but with molecular relapse. He was treated with intrathecal and systemic chemotherapy...
- Gene expression profiling of human promyelocytic cells in response to infection with Anaplasma phagocytophilumJose De La Fuente
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
Cell Microbiol 7:549-59. 2005..phagocytophilum-infected HL-60 cells, thus expanding in a global manner the existing information on the response of mammalian cells to A. phagocytophilum infection...
- Role of Thy-1,2+ cells in the regulation of hemopoiesis during severe hypoxiaE D Goldberg
Institute of Pharmacology, Tomsk Research Center, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences
Bull Exp Biol Med 143:18-21. 2007....
- Homing efficiency and hematopoietic reconstitution of bone marrow-derived stroma cells expanded by recombinant human macrophage-colony stimulating factor in vitroFu Jin-Xiang
Haematology Department, No. 2 Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Suzhou, PR China
Exp Hematol 32:1204-11. 2004..The ability to easily expand human stromal cells, which support survival and proliferation of CD34+ cells, has many important clinical applications for hematopoietic disorders...
- G-CSF signaling can differentiate promyelocytes expressing a defective retinoic acid receptor: evidence for divergent pathways regulating neutrophil differentiationNoel A Maun
Section of Hematology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Blood 103:1693-701. 2004..These results may elucidate how G-CSF and ATRA affect the differentiation of primary and ATRA-resistant APL cells...
- Tfe3 expression is closely associated to macrophage terminal differentiation of human hematopoietic myeloid precursorsTommaso Zanocco-Marani
Dipartimento di Scienze Biomediche, Sezione di Chimica Biologica, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Via Campi 287, 41100, Modena, Italy
Exp Cell Res 312:4079-89. 2006....
- MOZ-TIF2, but not BCR-ABL, confers properties of leukemic stem cells to committed murine hematopoietic progenitorsBrian J P Huntly
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Cell 6:587-96. 2004..These data demonstrate that some, but not all, leukemia oncogenes can confer properties of leukemic stem cells to hematopoietic progenitors destined to undergo apoptotic cell death...
- Aberrant subcellular targeting of the G185R neutrophil elastase mutant associated with severe congenital neutropenia induces premature apoptosis of differentiating promyelocytesPam Massullo
Bone Marrow Transplant Program, The Ohio State University, A437A Starling Loving Hall, 320 W Tenth Ave, Columbus, OH, USA
Blood 105:3397-404. 2005....
- Human Flt3 is expressed at the hematopoietic stem cell and the granulocyte/macrophage progenitor stages to maintain cell survivalYoshikane Kikushige
Medicine and Biosystemic Science, Kyushu University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Fukuoka, Japan
J Immunol 180:7358-67. 2008....
- Antiproliferative and apoptotic effects of two new Pd(II) methylsarcosinedithiocarbamate derivatives on human acute myeloid leukemia cells in vitroDonatella Aldinucci
Experimental Oncology 2, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, IRCCS, Aviano PN, Italy
Oncol Res 17:103-13. 2008....
- Phenotypic and functional characterization of porcine granulocyte developmental stages using two new markersC Perez
Dpto Biotecnología, Instituto Nacional de Investigacion y Tecnologia Agraria y Alimentaria INIA, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Dev Comp Immunol 31:296-306. 2007..By using multiparameter flow cytometric analysis, we have performed a phenotypic and functional characterization of the granulocyte subsets identified by the combination of 6D10 and 2B2 antigens...
- A modified cord blood collection method achieves sufficient cell levels for transplantation in most adult patientsRafael Bornstein
Madrid Cord Blood Bank, Hospital 12 de Octubre, Avda De Córdoba, S N, Madrid 28041, Spain
Stem Cells 23:324-34. 2005..This significant UCB banking improvement gives larger pediatric and adult patients a greater chance of finding adequate grafts in order to achieve better clinical outcomes after UCBT...
- Derangement of transcription factor profiles during in vitro differentiation of HL60 and NB4 cellsMalene Bjerregaard Pass
Granulocyte Research Laboratory, Department of Hematology 93 2 2, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Leuk Res 31:827-37. 2007..These data illustrate the limitations of cell lines as models for normal granulopoiesis...
- The transcriptional program of terminal granulocytic differentiationKim Theilgaard-Monch
The Granulocyte Research Laboratory, Department of Hematology, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Blood 105:1785-96. 2005....
- Usefulness of RA and RO isoforms of common leukocyte antigen (CD45) for early distinction between normal and abnormal promyelocytesGiovanni D'Arena
Department of Onco Hematology, San Giovanni di Dio e Ruggi d Aragona Hospital, 84100 Salerno, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1823-5. 2002....
- Immunophenotypic profile of adult acute myeloid leukemia (AML): analysis of 267 cases in ThailandChirayu Udomsakdi Auewarakul
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 21:153-60. 2003..Our study represents the largest series of AML ever investigated in the Southeast Asian region...
- Bifurcation dynamics in lineage-commitment in bipotent progenitor cellsSui Huang
Department of Surgery and Vascular Biology Program, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Children s Hospital, 1 Blackfan Circle, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Biol 305:695-713. 2007....
- Flow cytometric study of neutrophilic granulopoiesis in normal bone marrow using an expanded panel of antibodies: correlation with morphologic assessmentsM Tarek Elghetany
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 0743, USA
J Clin Lab Anal 18:36-41. 2004..A successful strategy for detecting maturation defects is to include several antibodies that are known to be expressed or absent at the same stage of maturation, such as CD16, CD35, CD64, and CD87...
- Expression of AML1-ETO in human myelomonocytic cells selectively inhibits granulocytic differentiation and promotes their self-renewalA Tonks
Department of Haematology, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Leukemia 18:1238-45. 2004..Taken together, these results suggest that expression of AML1-ETO selectively inhibits the differentiation of granulocytic cells and promoted extensive self-renewal, supporting a causal role for t(8;21) translocations in leukaemogenesis...
- The left shift: are there granulocytic surface markers that are better indicators?M Tarek Elghetany
Department of Pathology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
Lab Hematol 10:169-71. 2004
- In vivo effects of interleukin-17 on haematopoietic cells and cytokine release in normal miceG Jovcic
Institute for Medical Research, Beograd, Serbia and Montenegro
Cell Prolif 37:401-12. 2004..The opposite effects exerted on PG and CFU-E found at the same time indicate that IL-17, as a component of a regulatory network, is able to intervene in mechanisms that shift haematopoiesis from the erythroid to the granulocytic lineage...
- Standardization of the CFU-GM assay: Advantages of plating a fixed number of CD34+ cells in collagen gelsIrene Dobo
Laboratoire d Hématologie du Centre Hospitalier Universitaire d Angers, France
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:543-51. 2003..Hence, plating a fixed number of CD34(+) cells in collagen gels improves the CFU-GM assay by eliminating cell number-related variability and reducing pathology-related variability in colony growth...
- Genomic expression during human myelopoiesisFrancesco Ferrari
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Via G, Campi 287, 41100, Modena, Italy
BMC Genomics 8:264. 2007..This study aimed at investigating the genomic expression during myeloid differentiation through a computational approach that integrates gene expression profiles with functional information and genome organization...
- 3-Deazauridine triggers dose-dependent apoptosis in myeloid leukemia cells and enhances retinoic acid-induced granulocytic differentiation of HL-60 cellsJ Savickiene
Department of Developmental Biology, Institute of Biochemistry, Mokslininku 12, 2600 Vilnius, Lithuania
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 35:1482-94. 2003..We conclude that, depending on the dose or the sequence of administration with RA, an inhibitor of DNA replication, DU triggers a process of either differentiation or apoptosis in myeloid leukemia cells...
- Serglycin proteoglycan in hematologic malignancies: a marker of acute myeloid leukemiaC U Niemann
Department of Hematology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Leukemia 21:2406-10. 2007..In contrast to myeloperoxidase, serglycin was found to be a selective marker for immature myeloid cells, distinguishing AML from Philadelphia chromosome-negative chronic myeloproliferative disorders...
- Monoaminergic regulation of proliferation and differentiation of granulomonocytopoietic precursors during neurosesE G Skurikhin
Institute of Pharmacology, Tomsk Research Center, Siberian Division of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences
Bull Exp Biol Med 141:669-74. 2006....
- Balance of MafB and PU.1 specifies alternative macrophage or dendritic cell fateYoussef Bakri
Centre d Immunologie de Marseille Luminy CIML, Campus de Luminy, Marseille, France
Blood 105:2707-16. 2005..We propose that high PU.1 activity favors DCs at the expense of macrophage fate by inhibiting expression and activity of the macrophage factor MafB...
- The hematopoietic factor G-CSF is a neuronal ligand that counteracts programmed cell death and drives neurogenesisArmin Schneider
Axaron Bioscience AG, Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Invest 115:2083-98. 2005..We therefore propose G-CSF as a potential new drug for stroke and neurodegenerative diseases...
- Posttransplant hematopoiesis in patients undergoing sibling allogeneic stem cell transplantation reflects that of their respective donors although with a lower functional capabilityFermin M Sanchez-Guijo
Servicio de Hematologia, Hospital Universitario de Salamanca, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain
Exp Hematol 33:935-43. 2005..In summary, our study shows that BM hematopoiesis evaluated more than 1 year after an allo-SCT mainly reproduces that of their respective donors, although with a significantly decreased in vitro activity...
- Effects of filgrastim on granulopoietic cells of mice pretreated with methotrexateLilian Barrios
Departamento de Ciencias Basicas, Fisiologia Humana, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Nacional del Nordeste UNNE Moreno 1240, 3400 Corrientes Argentina
Biocell 29:7-14. 2005..They can be also explained in terms of an unfavorable marrow microenvironment for granulopoiesis, contrary to a supportive spleen microenvironment...
- Chemical modification of santonin into a diacetoxy acetal form confers the ability to induce differentiation of human promyelocytic leukemia cells via the down-regulation of NF-kappaB DNA binding activitySeung Hyun Kim
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Seoul 136 701, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 281:13117-25. 2006..The results of this study indicate that santonin can, indeed, be chemically modified into a derivative with differentiation inducing abilities, and suggest that DAAS might prove useful in the treatment of neoplastic diseases...
- [Experimental study on xue-bao capsules against injury of radiation or cyclophosphamide in mice]Tian Hong Gao
Shanxi Provincial Institute for Drug Control, Taiyuan 030001, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1102-5. 2005..To explore the effects of xue-bao capsules on injury of radio-or chemo-therapy in mice, in order to provide rationale behind clinical trials...
- Myelomastocytic leukemia: evidence for the origin of mast cells from the leukemic clone and eradication by allogeneic stem cell transplantationWolfgang R Sperr
Department of Internal Medicine I, Division of Hematology and Hemostaseology, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 11:6787-92. 2005..The origin of mast cells in these patients is presently unknown...
- Accelerated recovery of 5-fluorouracil-damaged bone marrow after rosiglitazone treatmentKatayoun Djazayeri
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Medical and Health Science Center, University of Debrecen, Hungary
Eur J Pharmacol 522:122-9. 2005....
- Whole-blood leuko-depletion filters as a source of CD 34+ progenitors potentially usable in cell therapyZoran Ivanovic
French Blood Establishment Aquitaine Limousin, Bordeaux, France
Transfusion 46:118-25. 2006....
- Evaluation of CD7 and terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase (TdT) expression in CD34+ myeloblasts from patients with myelodysplastic syndromeP Font
Department of Haematology, , Madrid, Spain
Leuk Res 30:957-63. 2006..Therefore, CD7 and TdT may help to establish the diagnosis of MDS and, TdT expression also seems to be a useful marker in distinguishing risk groups...
- L-selectin and chemotaxis throughout bone marrow granulocyte maturation in the bovineE Monfardini
Department of Physiology, Biochemistry, and Biometrics, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Ghent, Salisburylaan, 133, Merelbeke 9820, Belgium
J Dairy Sci 87:3350-7. 2004..Further, BM cells are capable of migration starting at the metamyelocytic stage, and compared with BM cells, circulating neutrophils are more chemotactively active...
- Identification of eosinophil lineage-committed progenitors in the murine bone marrowHiromi Iwasaki
Department of Cancer Immunology and AIDS, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Exp Med 201:1891-7. 2005..The newly identified EoPs could be the cellular target in the treatment of a variety of disorders mediated by eosinophils...
- Change in the Ca2+ response to formyl peptide in HL-60 myeloblastic leukemia cells after the induction of their differentiation by MP-4 myelogenic peptideE I Astashkin
Sechenov Medical Academy, Moscow, Russia
Dokl Biol Sci 408:265-8. 2006
- Identification of CCR2, flotillin, and gp49B genes as new G-CSF targets during neutrophilic differentiationSatoshi Iida
Department of Genetics, B-3, Graduate School of Frontier Biosciences, Osaka University, 2-2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565-0871, Japan
J Leukoc Biol 78:481-90. 2005..We show that bone marrow neutrophils express functional CCR2, which suggest that CC chemokines may play previously unknown roles in neutrophil activation and chemotaxis...
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha enhances DMSO-induced differentiation of HL-60 cells through the activation of ERK/MAPK pathwayHong Nu Yu
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Medical Science, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju, Jeonbuk, South Korea
Int J Hematol 87:189-94. 2008..These results suggest that TNF-alpha synergistically increases DMSO-induced differentiation of HL-60 cells through the activation of ERK/MAPK-signaling pathway...
- The p67 laminin receptor identifies human erythroid progenitor and precursor cells and is functionally important for their bone marrow lodgmentHalvard Bonig
University of Washington, Departmen of Medicine Hematology, Seattle, WA 98195 7720, USA
Blood 108:1230-3. 2006..These studies identify p67 as a novel phenotypic marker for erythroid HPCs of functional importance for lineage-specific homing/retention among adult transplanted HPCs...
- Two methods for the quantitative analysis of surface antigen expression in acute myeloid leukemia (AML)Jolanta Woźniak
Department of Physiopathology, Institute of Haematology and Blood Transfusion, Warsaw, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 42:195-9. 2004..This may be helpful in identification of leukemic cells in the diagnostics of minimal residual disease after treatment in AML patients...
- A close developmental relationship between the lymphoid and myeloid lineagesHiroshi Kawamoto
Laboratory for Lymphocyte Development, RIKEN Research Center for Allergy and Immunology, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama 230 0045, Japan
Trends Immunol 27:169-75. 2006..Recent evidence challenges the dichotomy model in the adult, and it is proposed here that the alternative myeloid-based model is applicable to both fetal and adult hematopoiesis...
- Expression of Tie-2 and other receptors for endothelial growth factors in acute myeloid leukemias is associated with monocytic features of leukemic blastsRoberta Riccioni
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Molecular Medicine, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Viale Regina Elena 299, Rome, Italy
Stem Cells 25:1862-71. 2007..The autocrine angiopoietin/Tie-2 axis may represent a promising therapeutic target to improve the outcome of patients with monocytic AML. Disclosure of potential conflicts of interest is found at the end of this article...
- Serine protease inhibitor 2A is a protective factor for memory T cell developmentNi Liu
Committees on Immunology and Developmental Biology, Department of Pathology, Ben May Institute for Cancer Research and Gwen Knapp Center for Lupus and Immunology Research, The University of Chicago, 924 East 57th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Nat Immunol 5:919-26. 2004..These findings suggest a model in which commitment to the memory lineage is facilitated by the upregulation of protective genes...
- IL-7 does not prevent pro-B/pre-B cell maturation to the immature/sIgM(+) stageCraig D Milne
Ontario Cancer Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Eur J Immunol 34:2647-55. 2004..Therefore withdrawal of IL-7 from these cultures acts as a selection event, not an induction event, for populations that are normally present...
- A predictive model of human myelotoxicity using five camptothecin derivatives and the in vitro colony-forming unit granulocyte/macrophage assayNoriko Masubuchi
Drug Metabolism and Physicochemical Property Research Laboratory, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 10:6722-31. 2004..The purpose of this study was to establish a reliable method to predict the human maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of five camptothecin derivatives: SN-38, DX-8951f, topotecan, 9-aminocamptothecin, and camptothecin...
- Prospective randomised comparison of the COBE spectra version 6 and haemonetics MCS(+) cell separators for hematopoietic progenitor cells leucapheresis in patients with multiple myelomaA Abdelkefi
Centre National de Greffe de Moelle Osseuse, Tunis, Tunisia
J Clin Apher 21:111-5. 2006..In conclusion, our study shows that COBE Spectra Version 6 is faster and has a better yield than the Haemonetics MCS(+), in patients with multiple myeloma...
- Recruitment of CD34+ progenitor cells into peripheral blood and asthma severityJoanna S Makowska
Department of Immunology, Rheumatology and Allergy, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 101:402-6. 2008..Previous studies have suggested that the number of progenitor cells is elevated in the peripheral blood of asthmatic patients and that the number of progenitors correlate with the severity of the disease...
- Myeloblast phenotypic changes in myelodysplasia. CD34 and CD117 expression abnormalities are commonSamuel J Pirruccello
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 125:884-94. 2006..We found the antigen mapping technique to be an efficient data presentation and analysis method for the detection of MDS-associated abnormalities of antigen distribution and density...
- Immunocytochemical detection of leukocyte-associated and apoptosis-related antigen expression in childhood brain tumorsB Bodey
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, 8000 1 Canby Avenue, Reseda, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 39:3-16. 2001....
- Expression and function of the human granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor receptor alpha subunitP T Jubinsky
Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA
Blood 84:4174-85. 1994....
- [Clinical significance of flow cytometry in diagnosis of immunorelated pancytopenia]Yan Li
Department of Hematology, People Hospital of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, Urumqi 830001, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 17:468-71. 2009....
- Application of receiver operating characteristics curve (ROC) analysis when definitive and suspect morphologic flags appear in the new Coulter LH 750 analyzerC Aulesa
Laboratories Unit, Valle de Hebron Hospital Complex, Barcelona, Spain
Lab Hematol 10:14-23. 2004..Therefore we were able to define the reliability and impact on the alarm routine to optimize the performance of the user-adjustable definitive alarms for anomalous distribution...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 and receptor-2 initiate a phosphatidylinositide 3-kinase-dependent clonogenic response in acute myeloid leukemia cellsAlan F List
The H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Exp Hematol 32:526-35. 2004..To evaluate receptor-selective trophic response to VEGF-A in AML cells, we investigated receptor-specific ligand activation responsible for VEGF-initiated clonogenic response...
- Cloning of the novel human myeloid-cell-specific C/EBP-epsilon transcription factorA M Chumakov
Department of Medicine, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
Mol Cell Biol 17:1375-86. 1997..Transient tranfection of a promyelocyte cell line (NB4) with a C/EBP-epsilon expression plasmid increased cell growth by sevenfold, while antisense C/EBP-epsilon caused a fivefold decrease in clonal growth of these cells...
- Response of hematopoiesis to cyclophosphamide follows highly specific patterns in bone marrow and spleenLudek Sefc
Institute of Pathophysiology, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:47-61. 2003..b>Granulocyte precursor cells were less depleted by cyclophosphamide compared to erythroid nucleated cells and lymphocytes both in ..
- Cytodiagnosis of granulocytic sarcoma of liver arising in a milieu of myeloid metaplasia: a case reportNitin Gangane
Department of Pathology, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences, Sevagram, Wardha, Maharashtra, India
Acta Cytol 52:619-22. 2008..Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) was instrumental in making the diagnosis in absence of previously known Hematlogic abnormality...
- Canine babesiosis in South Africa: more than one disease. Does this serve as a model for falciparum malaria?F Reyers
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Pretoria, Onderstepoort, South Africa
Ann Trop Med Parasitol 92:503-11. 1998..It is evident that the inflammatory-response disease presentation, which is similar to complicated falciparum malaria in humans, amy serve as an animal model for the disease...
- [Long-term effects of androgen combined with low dose all-trans-retinoic acid on myelodysplastic syndrome: follow-up of 60 cases]Mei Guan
Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:919-22. 2009..To investigate the long-term effects of androgen combined with low dose all-trans-retinoic acid on myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)...
- Human leukotriene C4 synthase expression in dimethyl sulfoxide-differentiated U937 cellsD W Nicholson
Department of Pharmacology, Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Pointe Claire Dorval, Quebec, Canada
J Biol Chem 267:17849-57. 1992..An 18-kDa membrane polypeptide, specifically labeled by a photoaffinity derivative of LTC4, is a candidate for being either LTC4 synthase or a subunit thereof...
- Incidence of megaloblastic anaemia and its correction in leishmaniasis--a prospective study at BPKIHS hospital, NepalArvind K Sinha
Department of Pathology, B P Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan, Nepal
Indian J Pathol Microbiol 49:528-31. 2006....
- [Refractory anemia with excess myeloblast in transformation induced remission by combined oral administration of cytarabine ocfosfate and 6-mercaptopurine]S Fukumi
Dept of Internal Medicine I, Daisan Hospital, Jikei University School of Medicine
Gan To Kagaku Ryoho 22:945-8. 1995..Observation suggested that oral SPAC in combination with 6-mercaptopurine had a good antileukemic effect on the myelodysplastic syndrome. However, the duration response was short, and further improvement of the therapy is needed...
- Expression and function of the neural cell adhesion molecule L1 in mouse leukocytesA Kowitz
Institute for Immunology and Genetics, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg
Eur J Immunol 22:1199-205. 1992..Two-color fluorescence analysis indicated that bone marrow lymphoid and granulocyte precursor cells express low and high levels of L1, respectively...
- Flow cytometric evaluation of hemophagocytic disorders in canineDouglas J Weiss
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 31:36-41. 2002..Cytomorphologic evaluation alone may be inadequate to consistently differentiate between benign and malignant forms of hemophagocytic disorders...
- Sca-1 / c-Kit receptor expression and apoptosis pattern in ENU induced MDS miceMadhurima Das
Stem Cell Research and Application Unit, Department of Biochemistry and Medical Biotechnology, School of Tropical Medicine, Kolkata 700073, India
J Stem Cells 4:229-41. 2009..g. Sca-1, c-Kit and the early and late phase apoptic patterns were noted. The results represented an interesting correlation in between bone marrow architecture, early stem cell receptor and apoptic marker expression resembling human MDS...
- The effect of granulocyte colony stimulating factor on neutrophil functions in children with neutropenia after chemotherapy in the course of neoplasmaM Czygier
Department of Biochemical Diagnostics, Medical University of Białystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 52:143-6. 2007Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor stimulates proliferation and maturation of granulocyte precursor cells. The influence of this hematopoietic factor on phagocytic function of granulocytes was performed in in vitro experiments...
- Protein tyrosine kinases in granulocyte colony stimulating factor receptor signal transduction, myeloid cell proliferation, and neutrophil activationR V Deshpande
James Ewing Laboratory of Developmental Hematopoiesis, Program of Cell Biology and Genetics, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Life Sci 60:587-604. 1997....
- Myeloid differentiation and maturation of SCF+IL-3+IL-11 expanded AC133+/CD34+ cells selected from high-risk breast cancer patientsS Filip
Department of Oncology and Radiotherapy, Charles University Hospital, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 47:73-80. 2000....
- POEMS syndrome: a rare case of monoclonal plasmaproliferative disorderAmaylia Oehadian
Department of Internal Medicine, Padjadjaran University Hasan Sadikin Hospital, Jl Pasteur no 38, Bandung 40161, Indonesia
Acta Med Indones 42:100-3. 2010..Until then she continued on melphalan and prednisone treatment. Although POEMS syndrome is a rare disease, it should be considered in patient with hepatosplenomegaly, especially if accompanied by peripheral neuropathy...
- Aclarubicin induces differentiation of leukemic progenitors in myelodysplastic syndrome cooperating with granulocyte colony-stimulating factorK Akashi
First Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Leuk Res 24:243-8. 2000....
- Differential expression and regulation of GTPases (RhoA and Rac2) and GDIs (LyGDI and RhoGDI) in neutrophils from patients with severe congenital neutropeniaB Kasper
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Medical School Hannover, Hannover, Germany
Blood 95:2947-53. 2000..In addition, association of Rac2 and RhoGDI or LyGDI is abrogated or not detectable based on the low Rac2 expression in patients' neutrophils. (Blood. 2000;95:2947-2953)..
- Detection of hematopoietic maturation abnormalities by flow cytometry in myelodysplastic syndromes and its utility for the differential diagnosis with non-clonal disordersIrene Lorand-Metze
Department of Internal Medicine, Hemocentro, State University of Campinas, P O Box 6198, BR 13081 970 Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Leuk Res 31:147-55. 2007..However, the most important parameters for differential diagnosis with NCD were the analysis of the granularity in immature cells, especially of the granulocytic series...
- Identification of a 3'-->5'-exonuclease that removes cytosine arabinoside monophosphate from 3' termini of DNAF W Perrino
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University Medical Center, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157
J Biol Chem 269:16357-63. 1994..The enzymatic characteristics of the isolated 3'-->5'-exonuclease indicate that it is distinct from previously identified mammalian deoxyribonucleases...
- Effect of Abelson murine leukemia virus on granulocytic differentiation and interleukin-3 dependence of a murine progenitor cell lineG Rovera
Wistar Institute of Anatomy and Biology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
Oncogene 1:29-35. 1987..These findings suggest that the ability of Abelson virus to transform immature progenitor cells is due to interference of the v-abl gene product with the mechanisms that control the commitment of the cells to differentiate...
- Perioperative management for a patient with chronic pancytopenia: a case of aplastic anemia with persistent neutropenia following preoperative administration of G-CSFYoshiko Nakano
Department of Anesthesia, Pediatric Anesthesia, Osaka City General Hospital and Children s Hospital, 2 13 22 Miyakojima Hondori, Miyakojima ku, Osaka, Osaka, 534 0021, Japan
J Anesth 24:268-71. 2010..the possibility that repeated preoperative administration of G-CSF may lead to the depletion of granulocyte precursor cells and thus cause harm...
- Protection against radiation induced hematopoietic damage in bone marrow of Swiss albino mice by Mentha piperita (Linn)Ravindra M Samarth
Radiation and Cancer Biology Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur 302 004, India
J Radiat Res 48:523-8. 2007..The results of the present investigation suggest the protective effects of leaf extract of M. piperita against radiation induced hematopoietic damage in bone marrow may be attributed to the maintenance of EPO level in Swiss albino mice...
- Gene expression analysis illuminates the transcriptional programs underlying the functional activity of ex vivo-expanded granulocytesLi Ting Huang
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
Physiol Genomics 31:114-25. 2007..Lower activity in EXE granulocytes may be due to greater expression of IRAK3, which inhibits TLR-mediated signaling...
- Early ontogeny of the human marrow from long bones: an immunohistochemical study of hematopoiesis and its microenvironmentP Charbord
Laboratoire d Etude de l Hématopoièse, Etablissement de Transfusion Sanguine, Besancon, France
Blood 87:4109-19. 1996..This study also suggests that CD68+ cells are instrumental in the chondrolysis process while vascular cells (endothelial and myoid cells) may be the critical microenvironment at the onset of hematopoiesis...
- Effects of obstructive jaundice on neutrophil production and acquisition of chemotactic activity in the bone marrowMasaaki Shimatani
The Third Department of Internal Medicine, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:117-25. 2005..In the present study, differentials of bone marrow cells and chemotactic activity of bone marrow neutrophils were evaluated in bile duct-obstructed rats...
- [Emerging of avian leukosis virus subgroup J in a flock of Chinese local breed]Zi Qiang Cheng
Animal Science and Technology College of Shandong Agricultural University, Tai an 271018, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 45:584-7. 2005..The results indicate that ALV-J already caused chickens infection and dead in Chinese local breed...
- Localization of serglycin in human neutrophil granulocytes and their precursorsCarsten Utoft Niemann
Rigshospitalet, Department of Haematology, Granulocytlaboratoriet, Building 9322, Blegdamsvej 9, DK 2100, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Leukoc Biol 76:406-15. 2004..Our findings contrast the view that native serglycin is present in mature granules and plays a role in packaging and regulating the activity of proteolytic enzymes there...
- The "small" polydisperse cytoplasmic extrachromosomal DNA of chicken leukaemic myeloblasts and the avian myeloblastosis virus core-bound DNA seem to descend from origin regions of chromosomal DNA replicationP Pajer
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Acta Virol 43:5-18. 1999..In addition, a possible explanation of the inclination of these DNAs to form multimers is presented...
- Diagnostic utility of flow cytometry in low-grade myelodysplastic syndromes: a prospective validation studyKiyoyuki Ogata
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Haematologica 94:1066-74. 2009..The diagnosis of myelodysplastic syndromes is not always straightforward when patients lack specific diagnostic markers, such as blast excess, karyotype abnormality, and ringed sideroblasts...
- Levamisole activates several innate immune factors in Scophthalmus maximus (L.) TeleosteiP Alvarez-Pellitero
Instituto de Acuicultura Torre de la Sal C S I C, Castellon, Spain
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 19:727-38. 2006..These results point out the interest of further studies on the mechanisms involved in the levamisole action for its adequate use as immunomodulator...
- N-acetoxy-2-acetylaminofluorene induced unscheduled DNA synthesis of granulopoietic precursor cells in chronic myeloid leukemiaI Olsson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Lund, Sweden
Carcinogenesis 1:547-52. 1980..Nevertheless these results are consistent with the hypothesis that increases in NA-AAF induced UDS signal the evolution during chronic phase CML of cell populations of increasing malignancy which escape growth control...
- Transforming growth factor-alpha (TGF-alpha) in human bone marrow: demonstration of TGF-alpha in erythroblasts and eosinophilic precursor cells and of epidermal growth factor receptors in blastlike cells of myelomonocytic originT M Walz
Department of Cell Biology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Linkoping, Sweden
Blood 85:2385-92. 1995..It was classified as a blastlike cell of myelomonocytic origin by morphologic criteria and CD68 positivity. Our results may indicate a novel function of TGF-alpha in erythrocytic differentiation...
- Interferon alpha selectively affects expression of the human myeloid cell nuclear differentiation antigen in late stage cells in the monocytic but not the granulocytic lineageR Briggs
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232
J Cell Biochem 54:198-206. 1994..The ability of interferon alpha to up-regulate MNDA mRNA in phorbol ester treated myeloid cell lines is consistent with the observations made in primary monocytes.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Identification of a human cDNA clone for lysosomal type Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 and properties of the expressed proteinT S Kim
University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 272:2542-50. 1997..These results represent the first molecular cloning of a cDNA for the lysosomal type Ca2+-independent phospholipase A2 group of enzymes...
- Red blood cell transfusion dependence and outcome after allogeneic peripheral blood stem cell transplantation in patients with de novo myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS)Uwe Platzbecker
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Universitatsklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden, Germany
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1217-25. 2008..Whether clinical intervention in the form of iron chelation can improve the outcome of allogeneic PBSCT in TD patients with MDS remains to be determined...
- Acute myeloid leukemia with multilineage dysplasia in an alpacaJennifer D Steinberg
Department of Microbiology, Immunology and Pathology, Washington State University, Monoclonal Antibody Center, Pullman, WA, USA
Vet Clin Pathol 37:289-97. 2008..To our knowledge, this is the first case of AML with multilineage dysplasia in an alpaca, with only one other case of myelodysplasia described previously in this species...
- Application of proteomics in Chinese medicine researchWilliam Chi Shing Cho
Department of Clinical Oncology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hong Kong SAR, PR China
Am J Chin Med 35:911-22. 2007....
- Ceramides and glycosphingolipids in maturation process: leukemic cells as an experimental modelGabriela Smolenska-Sym
Department of Biochemistry, Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion Warsaw, Poland
Blood Cells Mol Dis 33:68-76. 2004....
- Expression of Bruton's agammaglobulinemia tyrosine kinase gene, BTK, is selectively down-regulated in T lymphocytes and plasma cellsC I Smith
Center for Biotechnology, Karolinska Institute, Novum, Huddinge, Sweden
J Immunol 152:557-65. 1994..Our findings are compatible with a general expression of the BTK gene in hematopoietic cells, except in T lymphocytes and plasma cells, in which the transcript level is selectively down-regulated...
- Flow cytometric method for enumeration and classification of reactive immature granulocyte populationsH Fujimoto
Reagent Group, Sysmex Corporation, Kobe, Japan
Cytometry 42:371-8. 2000..Although this restricts the use of the method somewhat, we believe that this flow cytometric method is useful for enumerating reactive IG, as well as for evaluating automated methods for IG identification by hematology analyzers...
- Introduction of v-abl oncogene induces monocytic differentiation of an IL-3-dependent myeloid progenitor cell lineJ R Keller
Biological Carcinogenesis Development Program, Program Resources, Inc, NCI Frederick Cancer Research Facility, Maryland 21701
Oncogene 5:549-55. 1990..The potential role of Abelson murine leukemia virus gene products in normal hematopoietic cell differentiation and in transformation is discussed...
- G-CSF receptor mutations in patients with severe congenital neutropenia do not abrogate Jak2 activation and stat1/stat3 translocationA Herbst
Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Germany
Ann N Y Acad Sci 872:320-5; discussion 325-7. 1999..Nuclear translocation of the GFP fusion proteins was examined after G-CSF stimulation of the transfected cells...
- Expression of neurotrophins and their receptors in human bone marrowE Labouyrie
Laboratoire d Histologie Embryologie, Universite Victor Segalen, Bordeaux, France
Am J Pathol 154:405-15. 1999..The local expression of neurotrophin genes suggests a wide range of paracrine and/or autocrine mode of action through their corresponding receptors within the bone marrow...
- Suppressive effects of swainsonine and N-butyldeoxynojirimycin on human bone marrow neutrophil maturationM Misago
Laboratory of Clinical Hematology, School of Health Sciences, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu, 807 8555, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 269:219-25. 2000..These findings suggested that the incompleteness of N-linked oligosaccharide leads to the suppression of terminal neutrophil maturation...
- [Clinicopathologic features of granulocytic sarcoma: a study of 38 cases]Hai Yan Liu
Department of Pathology, Medical School of Nanjing University Nanjing General Hospital of PLA, Nanjing 210002, China
Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi 39:172-6. 2010..To study the clinicopathologic features of granulocytic sarcoma...
- C/EBPE--STUDY OF A NOVEL MYELOID TRANSCRIPTION FACTORH Koeffler; Fiscal Year: 2002..Taken together, these studies will provide an understanding of C/EBPepsilon, a retinoid inducible, myeloid specific transcriptional activator. ..
- Innate Immunity to Salmonella InfectionsJoshua Fierer; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will compare isogenic strains of salmonella that express either the group B or 0 LPS antigens in C3 deficient and neutropenic mice, in order to determine how the structure of the LPS affects virulence in mice. ..
- IL3,IL5, and GM-CSF Signaling and AsthmaChristian Schindler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specifically we propose to: 1. Further characterize StIP1. 2. Functionally characterize the STAT four-bundle-helix. 3. Explore the role of Stat5 signal decay in primary leukocytes. ..
- MECHANISMS OF G-CSF RECEPTOR MEDIATED DIFFERENTIATIONDavid Tweardy; Fiscal Year: 2006..Identification of these target genes and how their regulation is altered in AML cells may account for the aberrant response of these cells to G-CSF. ..
- Analysis of a murine model of the AML1-ETO translocationCHRISTOPHER KLUG; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Carbohydrate-carbohydrate interaction in basic cell biologySen itiroh Hakomori; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Improving Allogenic Transplant Outcomes in Myeloid MalignanciesBart Scott; Fiscal Year: 2007..Relevance: The goal of this proposal is to improve survival and quality of life in patients with leukemia and related diseases by developing safer and more effective transplant options. ..
- Glycosynapses in cancer cell adhesion and signalingSen itiroh Hakomori; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- GLYCOLIPID MICRODOMAINS IN TUMOR CELL ADHESION /SIGNALINSen itiroh Hakomori; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- PLASMALOPSYCHOSINE AS NEUROTROPHIC FACTORSenitiroh Hakomori; Fiscal Year: 2003..Results of these studies may provide a basis for development of PLPS and its analogues as therapeutic reagents for neurodegenerative diseases and neuronal injury. ..
- SPHINGOSINE DEPENDENT KINASE AND CARCINOGENESISSenitiroh Hakomori; Fiscal Year: 2003..In the inhibitory effect is confirmed, its mechanism will be studied in relation to activities of SDKs, MAPK, bcl-2, and other signal transducers. ..
- RETROVIRAL TRANSFER OF ANKYRIN FOR SPHEROCYTOSISPamela Becker; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF SYNERGISTIC REGULATION OF STEM/PROGENITORSHal E Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MECHANISMS OF SYNERGISTIC REGULATION OF STEM/PROGENITORSHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..3. Elucidate the role of MSAC in proliferation of HSC and MPC, and in self-renewal of HSC, and link these effects to cytokine actions on these functions. ..
- Optimizing Neuroprotection Following Perinatal AsphyxiaSandra Juul; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will produce important data with direct clinical application to perinatal asphyxia, and possibly to other mechanisms of brain injury in infants and children. ..
- Optimizing Neuroprotection Following Perinatal AsphyxiaSandra Juul; Fiscal Year: 2009..This work will produce important data with direct clinical application to perinatal asphyxia, and possibly to other mechanisms of brain injury in infants and children. ..
- Nonhematopoietic Developmental Functions of EPOSandra Juul; Fiscal Year: 2004..We feel these experiments will provide important specific insights into the regulation of neonatal intestinal growth and injury. ..
- MECHANISMS OF SYNERGISTIC REGULATION OF STEM/PROGENITORSHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- CHEMOKINES/CYTOKINES AND RECEPTORS IN STEM CELL HOMINGHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies should help improve our understanding of stem/progenitor cell migration, homing and mobilization, information of importance to stem and progenitor cell behavior and transplantation. ..
- REGULATED B-CELL UNRESPONSIVENESS AND TOLERANCEJohn Monroe; Fiscal Year: 1993..These studies represent a comprehensive analysis of the molecular basis of developmentally-associated unresponsiveness and tolerance sensitivity to antigen receptor signaling in the B lymphocyte...
- CHEMOKINES/CYTOKINES AND RECEPTORS IN STEM CELL HOMINGHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should clarity the relevance of SDF-1 and CXCR4 for homing/engraftment and mobilization of primary stem/progenitor cells. ..
- DEVELOPMENTAL B CELL TOLERANCE AND NEGATIVE SELECTIONJohn Monroe; Fiscal Year: 2005..Understanding the molecular basis for these developmentally regulated BCR-induced fate decisions will provide insight into how these processes may be subverted in autoimmune disease states. ..
- Cytokine Enhancement of Myeloid Progenitor Cell SurvivalHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies should enhance our knowledge of factors enhancing survival and self-renewal of stem cells, information that may be of clinical utility. ..
- Cytokine Enhancement of Myeloid Progenitor Cell SurvivalHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies should increase current understanding of the cytokines/receptors involved in survival of HES and their hematopoietic cell progeny. ..
- REGULATION OF HEMATOPOIETIC CELL PRODUCTIONHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2007..cancer center, an NIH-designated National Gene Vector Laboratory, an NIDDK Center of Excellence in Molecular Hematology, and state-of-the-art infrastructure, and frequent contacts with active investigators at IU and throughout the world ..
- Bridges to the Doctorate at IU School of MedicineHal Broxmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2007....