Genomes and Genes
Summary: A small nodular mass of specialized muscle fibers located in the interatrial septum near the opening of the coronary sinus. It gives rise to the atrioventricular bundle of the conduction system of the heart.
Publications224 found, 100 shown here
- Molecular analysis of patterning of conduction tissues in the developing human heartAleksander Sizarov
Heart Failure Research Center, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 4:532-42. 2011..To date, lack of gene expression data for the developing human conduction system has precluded valid extrapolations from experimental studies to the human situation...
- Connexin30.2 containing gap junction channels decelerate impulse propagation through the atrioventricular nodeMaria M Kreuzberg
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Romerstrasse 164, 53117 Bonn, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5959-64. 2006..g., atrial fibrillation) by preventing rapid conduction to the ventricles potentially associated with hemodynamic deterioration...
- The Tbx2+ primary myocardium of the atrioventricular canal forms the atrioventricular node and the base of the left ventricleWim T J Aanhaanen
Heart Failure Research Center, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Res 104:1267-74. 2009..The atrioventricular node, but not the atrioventricular bundle, was found to derive from Tbx2+ cells...
- Reduced cardiac conduction velocity and predisposition to arrhythmias in connexin40-deficient miceS Kirchhoff
Institut für Genetik Abt Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Römerstr 164, 53117, Bonn, Germany
Curr Biol 8:299-302. 1998..As the distribution of Cx40 protein is similar in mouse and human hearts, further functional analysis of Cx40 should yield relevant insights into arrhythmogenesis in human patients...
- Developmental origin, growth, and three-dimensional architecture of the atrioventricular conduction axis of the mouse heartWim T J Aanhaanen
Heart Failure Research Center, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Res 107:728-36. 2010..The clinically important atrioventricular conduction axis is structurally complex and heterogeneous, and its molecular composition and developmental origin are uncertain...
- Normal impulse propagation in the atrioventricular conduction system of Cx30.2/Cx40 double deficient miceJan W Schrickel
Department of Medicine Cardiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:644-52. 2009..and Cx45 containing gap junctional channels contribute to electrical impulse propagation through the mouse atrioventricular node (AV-node). The cross talk in between these Cxs may be of great importance for AV-nodal conduction...
- Atrioventricular conduction with and without AV nodal delay: two pathways to the bundle of His in the rabbit heartWilliam J Hucker
Biomedical Engineering Department, Washington University, 1 Brookings Drive, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1122-30. 2007..In conclusion, optical maps and S-H intervals for SP/His activation suggest that AV conduction via SP bypasses the compact AV node via the lower nodal bundle, which may be utilized to achieve long-term ventricular synchronization...
- Computer three-dimensional reconstruction of the atrioventricular nodeJue Li
Cardiovascular Research Group, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Core Technology Facility, 46 Grafton St, Manchester M13 9NT, United Kingdom
Circ Res 102:975-85. 2008Because of its complexity, the atrioventricular node (AVN), remains 1 of the least understood regions of the heart. The aim of the study was to construct a detailed anatomic model of the AVN and relate it to AVN function...
- Molecular architecture of the human specialised atrioventricular conduction axisI D Greener
Cardiovascular Medicine, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 50:642-51. 2011..There is a complex and heterogeneous pattern of expression of ion and gap junction channels and Ca(2+)-handling proteins in the human atrioventricular conduction axis that explains the function of this crucial pathway...
- Notch signaling regulates murine atrioventricular conduction and the formation of accessory pathwaysStacey Rentschler
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 121:525-33. 2011..Our results also show that ventricular preexcitation can arise from inappropriate patterning of the AV canal-derived myocardium...
- Determination of optimal atrioventricular delay for cardiac resynchronization therapy using acute non-invasive blood pressureZachary I Whinnett
International Centre for Circulatory Health, National Heart and Lung Institute, St Mary s Hospital and Imperial College, 5, 9 61 North Wharf Road, London W2 1LA, UK
Europace 8:358-66. 2006....
- The architecture of the sinus node, the atrioventricular conduction axis, and the internodal atrial myocardiumR H Anderson
Section of Paediatrics, Royal Brompton Campus, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 9:1233-48. 1998..Preferential conduction more likely reflects the arrangement of the working internodal cells and their related cellular properties...
- Cx43 and dual-pathway electrophysiology of the atrioventricular node and atrioventricular nodal reentryVladimir P Nikolski
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 7207, USA
Circ Res 92:469-75. 2003..Immunolabeling revealed that the FP and SP are formed by Cx43-expressing bundles surrounded by tissue without Cx43. Cx43-expressing posterior nodal extensions are the substrate of AVNR during both intranodal and extranodal reentry...
- Ion channel and exchange currents in single myocytes isolated from the rabbit atrioventricular nodeJ C Hancox
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Science, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
Can J Cardiol 13:1175-82. 1997To review findings from the authors' laboratory in studies of electrophysiological properties of single rod- and spindle-shaped myocytes from rabbit atrioventricular node (AVN).
- Bradycardia and slowing of the atrioventricular conduction in mice lacking CaV3.1/alpha1G T-type calcium channelsMatteo E Mangoni
Institut de Genomique Fonctionnelle, CNRS UMR5203 INSERM U661, Departement de Physiologie, Universite de Montpellier I, Montpellier Cedex 05, F 34094, France
Circ Res 98:1422-30. 2006..channels (cacna1g) abolishes T-type calcium current (I(Ca,T)) in isolated cells from the SAN and the atrioventricular node without affecting the L-type Ca2+ current (I(Ca,L))...
- Expression and roles of Cav1.3 (α1D) L-type Ca²+ channel in atrioventricular node automaticityQian Zhang
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 50:194-202. 2011b>Atrioventricular node (AV node) is the hub where electrical input from the atria is propagated and conveyed to the ventricles...
- One-dimensional mathematical model of the atrioventricular node including atrio-nodal, nodal, and nodal-his cellsS Inada
University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Biophys J 97:2117-27. 2009..action potential models have been developed for most regions of the heart, there is no model for the atrioventricular node (AVN). We have developed action potential models for single atrio-nodal, nodal, and nodal-His cells...
- Echocardiographic examination of atrioventricular and interventricular delay optimization in cardiac resynchronization therapyMaria Cristina Porciani
Division of Cardiology, Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
Am J Cardiol 95:1108-10. 2005..An additional improvement was obtained by tailored biventricular pacing. The optimal AVds were significantly shorter during right ventricular preactivation than during left ventricular preactivation...
- Connexin45 (alpha 6) expression delineates an extended conduction system in the embryonic and mature rodent heartS R Coppen
National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College School of Medicine, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, England
Dev Genet 24:82-90. 1999..Here we report that alpha 6 is also prominently immunolocalized in the atrioventricular node and His bundle of these species...
- Clinical, genetic, and biophysical characterization of SCN5A mutations associated with atrioventricular conduction blockDao W Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tenn, and Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
Circulation 105:341-6. 2002..The mutations also reduce sodium current density and enhance slower inactivation components. Action potential simulations predict that this combination of biophysical abnormalities will significantly slow myocardial conduction velocity...
- Atrioventricular node ablation and permanent ventricular pacemaker implantation without fluoroscopy: use of an electroanatomic navigation systemRicardo Ruiz-Granell
Arrhythmia Unit, Department of Cardiology, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valencia, Spain
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 16:793-5. 2005..This case illustrates the stand-alone use of one of the new non-fluoroscopic navigation systems for a complete procedure such as AV ablation and pacemaker implantation...
- Intrinsic sinus and atrioventricular node electrophysiologic adaptations in endurance athletesRicardo Stein
Cardiology Division, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, and Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1033-8. 2002..In the present study, we evaluated sinus and atrioventricular (AV) node electrophysiology of endurance athletes and untrained individuals before and after autonomic pharmacologic blockade...
- Properties and substrate of slow pathway exposed with a compact node targeted fast pathway ablation in rabbit atrioventricular nodeL J Lin
, , , , Canada
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 12:479-86. 2001..Slow and FP conduction primarily arise from the posterior extension and compact node, respectively...
- Nitric oxide regulation of atrioventricular node excitabilityX Han
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Can J Cardiol 13:1191-201. 1997..These results demonstrate that endogenous nitric oxide is involved in the muscarinic cholinergic attenuation of ICa-L in AV nodal cells; the mechanism likely involves the cGMP-stimulated phosphodiesterase...
- The anatomy of the cardiac conduction systemRobert H Anderson
Cardiovascular Research Group, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Core Technology Facility, 46 Grafton Street, Manchester, United Kingdom
Clin Anat 22:99-113. 2009....
- Site of origin and molecular substrate of atrioventricular junctional rhythm in the rabbit heartHalina Dobrzynski
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Circ Res 93:1102-10. 2003..we present evidence from high-resolution fluorescent imaging of electrical activity in rabbit isolated atrioventricular node (AVN) preparations that, in the majority of cases (11 out of 14), the AV junctional rhythm originates in ..
- Predictors of acute and long-term success of slow pathway ablation for atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia: a single center series of 1,419 consecutive patientsAlexander Feldman
Department of Cardiology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 34:927-33. 2011..We report the acute and long-term results of SP ablation in a large single-center consecutive series and analyze predictors of acute success and late recurrence...
- Imaging the heart: computer 3-dimensional anatomic models of the heartMark R Boyett
Division of Cardiovascular and Endocrine Sciences, University of Manchester, M13 9XX Manchester, UK
J Electrocardiol 38:113-20. 2005..However, already the two types of model are beginning to be used in tandem to reconstruct the activation sequence of the heart both during sinus rhythm and arrhythmias...
- Sudden death after radiofrequency ablation of the atrioventricular node in patients with atrial fibrillationCevher Ozcan
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:105-10. 2002..We evaluated the incidence and predictors of sudden death after atrioventricular (AV) node ablation and pacemaker implantation...
- Atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia with multiple discontinuities in the atrioventricular node conduction curve: immediate success rates of radiofrequency ablation and long-term clinical follow-up results as compared to patients with single or noSedat Kose
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Department of Cardiology, Ankara, Turkey
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 10:249-54. 2004..We evaluated and compared the immediate success rates, procedure-related complications, long-term clinical follow-up results and recurrence rates after slow pathway ablation in patients with multiple versus single or no AH jumps...
- Atrioventricular ring reentry in embryonic mouse heartsMiguel Valderrabano
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 675 Charles Young Dr So, 3645 MRL, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1760, USA
Circulation 114:543-9. 2006..We studied AV conduction during this transition and its sensitivity to autonomic modulation...
- Ion channel transcript expression at the rabbit atrioventricular conduction axisIan D Greener
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2:305-15. 2009Little is known about the distribution of gap junctions and ion channels in the atrioventricular node, even though the physiology and pathology of the atrioventricular node is ultimately dependent on them.
- Foxn4 directly regulates tbx2b expression and atrioventricular canal formationNeil C Chi
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Genes Dev 22:734-9. 2008..sli/foxn4 is expressed in the AV canal, and its encoded product binds to a highly conserved tbx2 enhancer domain that contains Foxn4- and T-box-binding sites, both necessary to regulate tbx2b expression in the AV canal...
- His electrogram alternans reveal dual-wavefront inputs into and longitudinal dissociation within the bundle of HisY Zhang
Department of Cardiology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 44195, USA
Circulation 104:832-8. 2001..These findings provide further understanding of the mechanisms of dual-AVN electrophysiology...
- Reentrant circuits in the canine atrioventricular node during atrial and ventricular echoes: electrophysiological and histological correlationPeter Loh
Experimental and Molecular Cardiology Group, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 108:231-8. 2003..To localize reentrant circuits during atrial and ventricular echoes and to characterize sites of slow conduction and block, we correlated histology with electrophysiology of the AV node...
- Role of pacemaking current in cardiac nodes: insights from a comparative study of sinoatrial node and atrioventricular nodeJie Liu
Department of Physiology, University Laboratory of Physiology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3PT, UK
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 96:294-304. 2008..The computer simulation shows that the difference in the intrinsic CL could explain the difference in response to If blocking in these two cardiac nodes...
- The atrioventricular node: origin, development, and genetic programMartijn L Bakker
Heart Failure Research Center, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Trends Cardiovasc Med 20:164-71. 2010..Within the axis, the atrioventricular node delays the impulse, allowing the ventricles to be filled before their contraction is initiated...
- Electrophysiologic effects of endothelin receptor-A blockade in patients with coronary artery diseaseTheofilos M Kolettis
University of Ioannina, 1 University Street, 45 110 Ioannina, Greece
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 8:173-9. 2003..We examined the effects of acute endothelin receptor-A blockade on the sinus node, the atrioventricular node and on the ventricular myocardium, in patients with single-vessel coronary artery disease and preserved ..
- Ionic mechanisms of the effect of adenosine on single rabbit atrioventricular node myocytesA C Rankin
Department of Medical Cardiology, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
Can J Cardiol 13:1183-7. 1997....
- Effects of acute systemic endothelin receptor blockade on cardiac electrophysiology in vivoAnna R M Gelzer
College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:564-70. 2004..However, antagonism of ET-1 by BQ-123 unmasks the effect of ET-1 on maintenance of vasomotor tone, which in turn may affect heart rate and sinus node automaticity in the intact pig...
- Morphological and electrophysiological properties of single myocardial cells from Koch triangle of rabbit heartFu xian Ren
Department of Cardiology, Second Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710004, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 119:2075-84. 2006..We studied the appearance and electrical properties of these diverse myocytes to elucidate their complex electrophysiological phenomena...
- Inhibition of spontaneous activity of rabbit atrioventricular node cells by KB-R7943 and inhibitors of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) ATPaseHongwei Cheng
School of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical Sciences Building, University of Bristol, UK
Cell Calcium 49:56-65. 2011The atrioventricular node (AVN) can act as a subsidiary cardiac pacemaker if the sinoatrial node fails...
- Long-term outcome of single-chamber atrial pacing compared with dual-chamber pacing in patients with sinus-node dysfunction and intact atrioventricular node conductionWon Ho Kim
Division of Cardiology, Eulji University Hospital, Eulji University School of Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
Yonsei Med J 51:832-7. 2010..The optimal pacing mode with either single chamber atrial pacemaker (AAI or AAIR) or dual chamber pacemaker (DDD or DDDR) is still not clear in sinus-node dysfunction (SND) and intact atrioventricular (AV) conduction...
- Localization of Na+ channel isoforms at the atrioventricular junction and atrioventricular node in the ratShin Yoo
Cardiovascular Research Group, School of Medicine, University of Manchester, Core Technology Facility, 46 Grafton St, Manchester M13 9NT, United Kingdom
Circulation 114:1360-71. 2006The electrical activity of the atrioventricular node (AVN) is functionally heterogeneous, but how this relates to distinct cell types and the 3-dimensional structure of the AVN is unknown...
- Acidosis inhibits spontaneous activity and membrane currents in myocytes isolated from the rabbit atrioventricular nodeHongwei Cheng
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:75-85. 2009..Little is currently known, however, about the effects of acidosis on the cellular electrophysiology of the atrioventricular node (AVN)...
- Characterization of the effects of ryanodine, TTX, E-4031 and 4-AP on the sinoatrial and atrioventricular nodesMohammed R Nikmaram
Department of Physiology, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 96:452-64. 2008..Na+ current (iNa), "rapidly activating" delayed rectifier K+ current (iKr) and ultrarapid delayed rectifier potassium current (IKur) on the pacemaker activity of the sinoatrial node (SAN) and the atrioventricular node (AVN) in the mouse.
- Three-dimensional reconstruction of the rabbit atrioventricular conduction axis by combining histological, desmin, and connexin mapping dataYu Shien Ko
First Cardiovascular Division, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Circulation 109:1172-9. 2004....
- Anatomic substrates for cardiac conductionAntoon F M Moorman
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Heart Rhythm 2:875-86. 2005
- Differential distribution of cardiac ion channel expression as a basis for regional specialization in electrical functionGernot Schram
Department of Medicine, University of Montreal, Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Quebec, Canada
Circ Res 90:939-50. 2002..on specialized properties of various components of the system, including the sinoatrial node, atria, atrioventricular node, His-Purkinje system, and ventricles...
- Effects of cavotricuspid isthmus ablation on atrioventricular node electrophysiology in patients with typical atrial flutterC T Tai
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Center, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, and Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Circulation 104:1501-5. 2001..The atrial musculature in the cavotricuspid isthmus is a part of posterior inputs to the AV node. In patients with typical atrial flutter, effects of radiofrequency ablation of this isthmus on AV node conduction are still unknown...
- Electrophysiological effects of ibutilide on the delayed rectifier K(+) current in rabbit sinoatrial and atrioventricular node cellsN Sato
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, The University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 404:281-8. 2000....
- Extended atrial conduction system characterised by the expression of the HCN4 channel and connexin45Mitsuru Yamamoto
Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Cardiovasc Res 72:271-81. 2006....
- Structure-function relationship in the AV junctionIgor R Efimov
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 280:952-65. 2004In the normal heart, the atrioventricular node (AVN) is part of the sole pathway between the atria and ventricles. Under normal physiological conditions, the AVN controls appropriate frequency-dependent delay of contractions...
- Specific pattern of ionic channel gene expression associated with pacemaker activity in the mouse heartCeline Marionneau
l institut du thorax, INSERM U533, Faculte de Medecine, 44035 Nantes Cedex, France
J Physiol 562:223-34. 2005..large-scale real-time RT-PCR, we have profiled 71 channels and related genes in the sinoatrial node (SAN), atrioventricular node (AVN), the atria (A) and ventricles (V)...
- Functional roles of a Ca2+-activated K+ channel in atrioventricular nodesQian Zhang
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, One Shields Ave, GBSF 6315, Davis, California 95616, USA
Circ Res 102:465-71. 2008..The new insights may have important implications in providing novel drug targets for the modification of AVN conduction in the treatment of atrial arrhythmias...
- Catheter cryoablation of the atrioventricular node in patients with atrial fibrillation: a novel technology for ablation of cardiac arrhythmiasM Dubuc
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Quebec, Canada
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 12:439-44. 2001..The studies also showed that reversible "ice mapping" can be performed before creating permanent lesions. We investigated the feasibility and safety of applying this new technology in man...
- New onset postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome following ablation of AV node reentrant tachycardiaKhalil Kanjwal
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Health Sciences Campus, The University of Toledo Medical Center, Mail Stop 1118, 3000 Arlington Ave, Toledo, OH, 43614, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 29:53-6. 2010..as inappropriate sinus tachycardia has been reported to occur following slow pathway ablation for atrioventricular node tachycardia...
- Measurement precision in the optimization of cardiac resynchronization therapyRobert G Turcott
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine and Center for Biomedical Informatics Research, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Circ Heart Fail 3:395-404. 2010..A variety of techniques are used to estimate optimum AV/VV intervals; however, the precision of their estimates and the ramifications of an imprecise estimate have not been characterized previously...
- The extent of the specialized atrioventricular ring tissuesJoseph Yanni
Cardiovascular Research Group, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Heart Rhythm 6:672-80. 2009..Further structures with the characteristics of specialized tissue are also found within the atrioventricular junction, although they are less well described...
- Right ventricular pacing can induce ventricular dyssynchrony in patients with atrial fibrillation after atrioventricular node ablationLaurens F Tops
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1642-8. 2006..This study was designed to assess the effects of long-term right ventricular (RV) pacing on left ventricular (LV) dyssynchrony, LV function, and heart failure symptoms...
- Rate-dependent AV delay optimization in cardiac resynchronization therapyChristoph Scharf
Division of Cardiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:279-84. 2005..During cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT), cardiac performance is dependent on an optimized atrioventricular delay (AVD). However, the optimal AVD at different heart rates has not been defined yet during CRT...
- Randomized prospective trial of atrioventricular delay programming for cardiac resynchronization therapyNavinder S Sawhney
Cardiovascular Division, Washington University, School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Heart Rhythm 1:562-7. 2004....
- Spontaneous frequency of rabbit atrioventricular node myocytes depends on SR functionJ M Ridley
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, Bristol Heart Institute, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Cell Calcium 44:580-91. 2008..However, comparatively little is known about the role of intracellular Ca(2+) in the atrioventricular node (AVN)...
- The tight junction protein CAR regulates cardiac conduction and cell-cell communicationUlrike Lisewski
Neuromuscular and Cardiovascular Cell Biology, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine MDC, 13122 Berlin Buch, Germany
J Exp Med 205:2369-79. 2008....
- Prevention of ventricular desynchronization by permanent para-Hisian pacing after atrioventricular node ablation in chronic atrial fibrillation: a crossover, blinded, randomized study versus apical right ventricular pacingEraldo Occhetta
Divisione Clinicizzata di Cardiologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia di Novara, Universita degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale, Novara, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1938-45. 2006....
- An investigation of the role played by the E-4031-sensitive (rapid delayed rectifier) potassium current in isolated rabbit atrioventricular nodal and ventricular myocytesJ S Mitcheson
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, UK
Pflugers Arch 438:843-50. 1999..It is concluded that IKr may participate in both AP repolarisation and the pacemaker depolarisation in AVN cells, whilst in ventricular myocytes, IKr and IK1 participate in controlling early and final AP repolarisation respectively...
- Correlation of echo-Doppler optimization of atrioventricular delay in cardiac resynchronization therapy with invasive hemodynamics in patients with heart failure secondary to ischemic or idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyAnnemieke H M Jansen
Department of Cardiology, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 97:552-7. 2006..The measurement of the maximal VTI of mitral inflow is the most accurate method...
- Diversity of connexin expression patterns in the atrioventricular node: vestigial consequence or functional specialization?Steven R Coppen
National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:625-6. 2002
- Long-term survival after ablation of the atrioventricular node and implantation of a permanent pacemaker in patients with atrial fibrillationC Ozcan
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
N Engl J Med 344:1043-51. 2001..In patients with atrial fibrillation that is refractory to drug therapy, radio-frequency ablation of the atrioventricular node and implantation of a permanent pacemaker are an alternative therapeutic approach...
- Cryoablation outcomes for AV nodal reentrant tachycardia comparing 4-mm versus 6-mm electrode-tip cathetersLena Rivard
Electrophysiology Service, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Heart Rhythm 5:230-4. 2008..Cryoablation is increasingly used to treat atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia (AVNRT). It is unknown whether larger electrode-tip cryocatheters improve outcomes without compromising safety...
- [Influence of the autonomic nervous system on the normal and pathological atrioventricular node]J Victor
Service de cardiologie, CHR, Angers
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:1471-7. 1987..This sympathetic overdrive was also found to be present in the sinus node...
- Echocardiographic modeling of cardiac dyssynchrony before and during multisite stimulation: a prospective studyS Cazeau
Clinique Bizet, Paris
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:137-43. 2003..EDP measurements appear to identify potential candidates for CRT, and to confirm the success of system implantation...
- Cardiovascular magnetics resonance diagnosis of cystic tumor of the atrioventricular nodeThao T Tran
Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 11:13. 2009..LGE CMR is also useful for identifying the nature of cardiac masses or lesions. We report a case of a rare primary cystic tumor of the atrioventricular node, in which CMR proved to be valuable.
- "Nodoventricular" accessory pathway: evidence for a distinct accessory atrioventricular pathway with atrioventricular node-like propertiesG J Klein
Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 11:1035-40. 1988..These data suggest that a "typical" nodoventricular pathway, by electrophysiologic criteria, may in fact be an AV pathway with AV node-like conduction properties and a distal right ventricular insertion site...
- Significant effects of atrioventricular node ablation and pacemaker implantation on left ventricular function and long-term survival in patients with atrial fibrillation and left ventricular dysfunctionCevher Ozcan
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:33-7. 2003Control of ventricular rate by atrioventricular node ablation and pacemaker implantation in patients with drug-refractory atrial fibrillation (AF) is associated with improved left ventricular (LV) function...
- [Congenital atrioventricular block and maternal lupus erythematosus. Histologic discovery of tumor of the atrioventricular node]F Fontaliran
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:609-13. 1989..In addition, a tumour of the atrioventricular node, known as mesothelioma or hemolymphangioma, was discovered...
- Impact of transforming growth factor-beta1 on atrioventricular node conduction modification by injected autologous fibroblasts in the canine heartT Jared Bunch
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Circulation 113:2485-94. 2006....
- High resistance of atrioventricular node to cryoablation: a great safety margin targeting perinodal arrhythmic substratesNicasio Perez-Castellano
Unit of Arrhythmias, Cardiovascular Institute, San Carlos University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Heart Rhythm 3:1189-95. 2006..Findings from animal studies and small series of patients support the greater safety of cryoenergy over radiofrequency in the ablation of arrhythmic substrates near the AV node...
- Cystic tumor of the atrioventricular nodal regionYuichiro Kaminishi
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hitachi General Hospital, 2 1 1 Jonan cho, Hitachi, Ibaraki 317 0077, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 50:37-9. 2002..The histopathological findings confirmed the lesion as a cystic tumor of the atrioventricular nodal region. This is the third known case of this condition diagnosed antemortem and treated successfully with surgical excision...
- Transvenous catheter ice mapping and cryoablation of the atrioventricular node in dogsM Dubuc
Department of Medicine, Montreal Heart Institute, Quebec, Canada
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 22:1488-98. 1999..Ablation of the AV node is effective with a double freeze-thaw cycle using a percutaneous catheter cryoablation system. Ice mapping of the area allows for identification of the targeted site...
- Successful catheter ablation of atrial tachycardia originating near the atrioventricular node from the noncoronary sinus of ValsalvaHiroshi Tada
Division of Cardiology, Gunma Prefectural Cardiovascular Center, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 27:1440-3. 2004..Complete elimination of the tachycardia was achieved with RF energy application from this site...
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy: Part 2--issues during and after device implantation and unresolved questionsJeroen J Bax
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:2168-82. 2005..Finally, open questions concerning when to combine CRT with implantable cardioverter-defibrillator therapy and the cost-effectiveness of CRT are discussed...
- Right and left inferior extensions of the atrioventricular node may represent the anatomic substrate of the slow pathway in humansDemosthenes G Katritsis
Department of Cardiology, Athens Euroclinic, Greece
Heart Rhythm 1:582-6. 2004..The purpose of this study was to investigate the electrophysiologic characteristics of the inferior extensions of the human atrioventricular (AV) node and their possible relationship to slow pathway conduction...
- Change in the retrograde atrial activation sequence following radiofrequency modification of the atrioventricular node: implications for the electrophysiologic circuit of a variant of atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardiaJose Dizon
Division of Cardiology, Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:461-6. 2003....
- Doppler index and plasma level of atrial natriuretic hormone are improved by optimizing atrioventricular delay in atrioventricular block patients with implanted DDD pacemakersN Toda
Second Department of Internal Medicine Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 24:1660-3. 2001..This study shows the importance of the optimal AV delay setting in patients with an implanted DDD pacemaker, the Doppler index and plasma ANP levels are good indicators for optimizing AV delay...
- Accessory atrioventricular node with properties of a typical accessory pathway: anatomic-electrophysiologic correlationM H Gollob
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 11:922-6. 2000..No typical AV accessory pathway was found. This is the first report of an accessory AV node that participated in AVRT. It was deeper than typical radiofrequency catheter ablation lesions...
- Successful selective ablation of fast atrioventricular node pathway by cryothermal energy applicationRoberto De Ponti
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 27:1170-1. 2004..Slow formation of a permanent lesion by cryothermal energy application allowed precise modulation of atrioventricular nodal conduction until the endpoints of complete fast pathway ablation were met with long-term cure of the arrhythmia...
- Cryoablation of focal atrial tachycardia originating close to the atrioventricular nodeTom Wong
St Mary s Hospital and Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 15:838. 2004
- Atrioventricular node modification in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation: role of morphology of RR interval variationS Rokas
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Department of Clinical Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece
Circulation 103:2942-8. 2001....
- Long-term follow-up of atrioventricular delay optimization in patients with biventricular pacingNoriko Inoue
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Yokohama City University Hospital, Japan
Circ J 69:201-4. 2005....
- Partial atrioventricular canal defect with inverted atrioventricular nodal input into an inferiorly displaced atrioventricular nodePaul Khairy
Electrophysiology Service and Adult Congenital Heart Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Heart Rhythm 4:355-8. 2007
- Complete AV block developing in a patient with manifest ventricular preexcitationYasuhiro Takagi
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo 173 8610, Japan
Int Heart J 46:729-35. 2005..This patient developed HV block by atrial extrastimulus (S1S1: 600 msec, S1S2 <or= 350 msec). Thus, the patient was diagnosed as having combined atriofascicular and fasciculoventricular connections...
- Wide QRS-complex tachycardia with variable VA-conduction: what is the mechanism?Hildegard Tanner
Swiss Cardiovascular Center Bern, University Hospital, CH 3010 Bern, Switzerland
Europace 10:110-1. 2008..detailed mapping showed cranial to caudal depolarization of the His bundle, leading to the diagnosis of atrioventricular node re-entrant tachycardia...
- [4. Apropos of postpacing interval]S Richter
Heart Rhythm Management Institute, Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Herzschrittmacherther Elektrophysiol 17:239-41. 2006
- A novel predictive pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic model of repolarization prolongation derived from the effects of terfenadine, cisapride and E-4031 in the conscious chronic av node--ablated, His bundle-paced dogEmily R Nolan
Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 53:1-10. 2006..prolong ventricular repolarization, were selected to evaluate the sensitivity of the conscious chronic atrioventricular node--ablated, His bundle-paced Dog for defining drug induced cardiac repolarization prolongation...
- A NavX-guided ablation of a nodo-fascicular fibreChristopher Reithmann
Medizinische Klinik I, Klinikum Grosshadern, Universitat Munchen, Marchioninstr 15, Munich, Germany
Europace 9:424-5. 2007..5-2 cm away from the tricuspid annulus in a three-dimensional reconstruction of the right atrium and right ventricle...
- [Symptomatic recurrent bradycardia--always an indication for pacemaker implantation? The role of RF ablation for incessant focal tachycardia from AV node region and advanced AV nodal block]Maria Miszczak-Knecht
Klinika Kardiologii, Instytut Pomnik Centrum Zdrowia Dziecka, Al Dzieci Polskich 20, 04 730 Warszawa
Kardiol Pol 64:1316-20. 2006..Successful ablation of atrial tachycardia revealed that SA and AV node properties were in the normal range; therefore no pacemaker implantation was needed...
- [Usefulness of incremental atrial pacing for evaluating the effectiveness of the ablation of the slow perinodal pathway]Juan Martinez-Sanchez
Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 60:32-7. 2007..To study the usefulness of incremental atrial pacing for evaluating the effect of radiofrequency catheter ablation on slow pathway conduction in patients with atrioventricular (AV) nodal reentrant tachycardia...
- Atypical atrioventricular nodal reentry with eccentric atrial activation. Is the right target on the left?Miguel Valderrabano
Heart Rhythm 4:433-4. 2007
- Comparison of electropharmacological effects of bepridil and sotalol in halothane-anesthetized dogsTomomichi Ishizaka
Department of Pharmacology, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Chuo, Japan
Circ J 72:1003-11. 2008..In this study, the electro-pharmacological effects of bepridil were compared with those of dl-sotalol, a representative class III antiarrhythmic drug, using the halothane-anesthetized canine model...
- [The treatment of atrial fibrillation at the time of catheter ablation--editorial]R Labrova
Vnitr Lek 53:923-4. 2007
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION RELATIONSHIP OF THE AV NODEIgor Efimov; Fiscal Year: 2002..advances in the treatment of supraventricular arrhythmias, the mechanisms governing conduction through the atrioventricular node (AV) remain poorly understood...
- FIBEROPTIC CONFOCAL IMAGING FOR ID OF CONDUCTION TISSUE DURING CARDIAC SURGERYFRANK BERND SACHSE; Fiscal Year: 2013..All specific aims are designed towards testing our hypothesis that images from the fiber-optics confocal microscopy are sufficient for discrimination of atrial, SAN and AVN tissue. ..
- SELECTIVE INNERVATION OF SA & AV NODAL REGIONS OF HEARTRobert Wurster; Fiscal Year: 1992..left atrium (IVC-ILA), excision of which interrupts all vagal input to the sinoatrial node (SAN) and atrioventricular node (AVN), respectively. Interruption of one does not interfere with vagal regulation by the other...
- High-Speed, Depth-Resolved Images of Cardiac physiologyGuy Salama; Fiscal Year: 2007..We focus here on the heart because therein lie salient problems that are ready to be addressed by this new technology. However, the wide range of possible applications may lead to the commercialization of this new technology. ..
- POSTOPERATIVE ARRHYTHMIAS: IDENTIFICATION AND MECHANISMSVictoria Vetter; Fiscal Year: 1990..function of the sinus and atrioventricular nodes as well as conduction and refractoriness in the atrium, atrioventricular node and ventricle...
- MODIFICATION OF AV NODE FUNCTION IN ATRIAL FIBRILLATIONTodor Mazgalev; Fiscal Year: 2003..This would benefit patients with pharmacologically resistant or surgically inappropriate treatment of the disease. ..
- Towards a Non-Invasive Therapy for Atrial FibrillationBenjamin Scherlag; Fiscal Year: 2004..This new therapeutic approach could be utilized as a non-invasive application or incorporated into an implantable device for treatment of patients with PAF. ..
- ANTIFIBRILLATORY MECHANISMS OF INTRAPERICARDIAL AGENTSRICHARD VERRIER; Fiscal Year: 2004..Ultimately, the proposed studies could lead to improved therapeutic approaches for suppression of life-threatening arrhythmias. ..
- Endothelial reactivity and nitric oxide synthetase activity in the ALMS (AsprevaRobert Clancy; Fiscal Year: 2009..Relevance to public health: The association of markers/indices of NOS2 expression with mechanism of action of a successful drug treatment in lupus nephritis would be a major advance. ..
- Cardiac myofibroblasts in autoimmune-associated CHBRobert Clancy; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Ca2+ Waves and ArrhythmiasPENELOPE BOYDEN; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Ca channels in congenital heart blockMohamed Boutjdir; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SYMPATHETIC FUNCTION IN DIABETESDavid C Randall; Fiscal Year: 2010..parasympathetic dysfunction) and easier and less expensive to obtain. The results of these experiments will thereby help develop better clinical approaches to the control and management of diabetic autonomic neuropathy. ..
- Functional Coupling between Ito and ICa in CardiomyocytesYanggan Wang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study implicates a cell membrane potassium channel (Ito) in regulating the cellular calcium influx channel (ICa) function, which may decipher a new mechanism for this morbid disease. ..
- SCCOR in Pediatric Heart Development and DiseaseD Benson; Fiscal Year: 2008..These reagents will facilitate hypothesis testing of novel candidate genes and genotype-phenotype correlations and thereby be a valuable resource for all Projects. ..
- Ion Channel Function in Arrhythmogenic Cardiac CellPENELOPE ALTMAN BOYDEN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Calcium Current in Human Atrial MyocytesRONALD JOYNER; Fiscal Year: 2008..Previous animal studies have indicated various developmental changes in cardiac cells. We will specifically study human postnatal developmental changes in Ito regulation of ICa and intracellular Ca2+ transients. ..
- Visualizing the Substrate for Sudden Cardiac DeathVivek Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Substrate Mapping & Ablation of Ventricular TachycardiaVivek Reddy; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Cardiac Parasympathetic Effect in Exercise and RecoveryJeffrey Goldberger; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- THERAPUTIC TRIAL IN PATIENTS WITH LQTS 3 GENE MUTATIONArthur Moss; Fiscal Year: 2002..The significance of this work relates to the future use of molecular therapeutics to treat ion-channel disorders associated with congenital and acquired cardiac repolarization disorders. ..
- LONG QT SYNDROME--GENETIC STUDIESArthur Moss; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- REGULATION OF CALCIUM CURRENT IN ATRIAL CELLSRONALD JOYNER; Fiscal Year: 2002..5) The maintained responsiveness of adult atrial ICa,L to cGMP compared to ventricular cells is a consequence of 2 phosphorylation sites, which as phosphorylated independently by PKG and PKA. ..
- PROSPECTIVE ASSESSMENT AFTER PEDIATRIC CARDIAC ABLATIONGeorge Van Hare; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, a complete Registry of pediatric patients undergoing ablation at the participating centers will be established to allow comparisons with the study group and to provide population estimates of success and complication rates. ..
- THROMBOGENIC FACTORS AND RECURRENT CORONARY EVENTSArthur Moss; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Schizophrenia Predisposition in 22q11 Deletion SyndromeVandana Shashi; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Atrionodal Bundles:Histologic and Physiologic ValidationDARLENE RACKER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies are expected to provide a basis for evaluating transmission, arrhythmogenesis, and drug interactions at the tissue level. ..
- Emerin functions in transcriptional regulationJames Holaska; Fiscal Year: 2004..The initial characterization of these interactions will serve as the foundation for studying the role of the nuclear envelope in transcriptional regulation in my own laboratory. ..
- Fatty Acids and Cardiovascular HealthDariush Mozaffarian; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PHYSIOLOGIC BENEFITS OF BIVENTRICULAR PACING IN CHFMohamed Hamdan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Similarly, a reduction in inducibility of ventricular arrhythmias, if present with long term pacing, may have an impact on the survival and on our management of patients with implantable defibrillators and frequent shocks. ..
- Image-guided Fetal Cardiac InterventionJohn Triedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..