Genomes and Genes
Summary: A small nodular mass of specialized muscle fibers located in the interatrial septum near the opening of the coronary sinus. It gives rise to the atrioventricular bundle of the conduction system of the heart.
Publications214 found, 100 shown here
- Connexin30.2 containing gap junction channels decelerate impulse propagation through the atrioventricular nodeMaria M Kreuzberg
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Romerstrasse 164, 53117 Bonn, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5959-64. 2006..g., atrial fibrillation) by preventing rapid conduction to the ventricles potentially associated with hemodynamic deterioration...
- The Tbx2+ primary myocardium of the atrioventricular canal forms the atrioventricular node and the base of the left ventricleWim T J Aanhaanen
Heart Failure Research Center, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Res 104:1267-74. 2009..The atrioventricular node, but not the atrioventricular bundle, was found to derive from Tbx2+ cells...
- Computer three-dimensional reconstruction of the atrioventricular nodeJue Li
Cardiovascular Research Group, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Core Technology Facility, 46 Grafton St, Manchester M13 9NT, United Kingdom
Circ Res 102:975-85. 2008Because of its complexity, the atrioventricular node (AVN), remains 1 of the least understood regions of the heart. The aim of the study was to construct a detailed anatomic model of the AVN and relate it to AVN function...
- Developmental origin, growth, and three-dimensional architecture of the atrioventricular conduction axis of the mouse heartWim T J Aanhaanen
Heart Failure Research Center, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circ Res 107:728-36. 2010..The clinically important atrioventricular conduction axis is structurally complex and heterogeneous, and its molecular composition and developmental origin are uncertain...
- Atrioventricular conduction with and without AV nodal delay: two pathways to the bundle of His in the rabbit heartWilliam J Hucker
Biomedical Engineering Department, Washington University, 1 Brookings Drive, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1122-30. 2007..In conclusion, optical maps and S-H intervals for SP/His activation suggest that AV conduction via SP bypasses the compact AV node via the lower nodal bundle, which may be utilized to achieve long-term ventricular synchronization...
- Molecular architecture of the human specialised atrioventricular conduction axisI D Greener
Cardiovascular Medicine, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 50:642-51. 2011..There is a complex and heterogeneous pattern of expression of ion and gap junction channels and Ca(2+)-handling proteins in the human atrioventricular conduction axis that explains the function of this crucial pathway...
- Notch signaling regulates murine atrioventricular conduction and the formation of accessory pathwaysStacey Rentschler
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Institute for Regenerative Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 121:525-33. 2011..Our results also show that ventricular preexcitation can arise from inappropriate patterning of the AV canal-derived myocardium...
- Normal impulse propagation in the atrioventricular conduction system of Cx30.2/Cx40 double deficient miceJan W Schrickel
Department of Medicine Cardiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:644-52. 2009..and Cx45 containing gap junctional channels contribute to electrical impulse propagation through the mouse atrioventricular node (AV-node). The cross talk in between these Cxs may be of great importance for AV-nodal conduction...
- Determination of optimal atrioventricular delay for cardiac resynchronization therapy using acute non-invasive blood pressureZachary I Whinnett
International Centre for Circulatory Health, National Heart and Lung Institute, St Mary s Hospital and Imperial College, 5, 9 61 North Wharf Road, London W2 1LA, UK
Europace 8:358-66. 2006....
- Structure-function relationship in the AV junctionIgor R Efimov
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 280:952-65. 2004In the normal heart, the atrioventricular node (AVN) is part of the sole pathway between the atria and ventricles. Under normal physiological conditions, the AVN controls appropriate frequency-dependent delay of contractions...
- Expression and roles of Cav1.3 (α1D) L-type Ca²+ channel in atrioventricular node automaticityQian Zhang
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 50:194-202. 2011b>Atrioventricular node (AV node) is the hub where electrical input from the atria is propagated and conveyed to the ventricles...
- Atrioventricular node ablation and permanent ventricular pacemaker implantation without fluoroscopy: use of an electroanatomic navigation systemRicardo Ruiz-Granell
Arrhythmia Unit, Department of Cardiology, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Valencia, Spain
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 16:793-5. 2005..This case illustrates the stand-alone use of one of the new non-fluoroscopic navigation systems for a complete procedure such as AV ablation and pacemaker implantation...
- Site of origin and molecular substrate of atrioventricular junctional rhythm in the rabbit heartHalina Dobrzynski
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Circ Res 93:1102-10. 2003..we present evidence from high-resolution fluorescent imaging of electrical activity in rabbit isolated atrioventricular node (AVN) preparations that, in the majority of cases (11 out of 14), the AV junctional rhythm originates in ..
- One-dimensional mathematical model of the atrioventricular node including atrio-nodal, nodal, and nodal-his cellsS Inada
University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Biophys J 97:2117-27. 2009..action potential models have been developed for most regions of the heart, there is no model for the atrioventricular node (AVN). We have developed action potential models for single atrio-nodal, nodal, and nodal-His cells...
- Echocardiographic examination of atrioventricular and interventricular delay optimization in cardiac resynchronization therapyMaria Cristina Porciani
Division of Cardiology, Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
Am J Cardiol 95:1108-10. 2005..An additional improvement was obtained by tailored biventricular pacing. The optimal AVds were significantly shorter during right ventricular preactivation than during left ventricular preactivation...
- Clinical, genetic, and biophysical characterization of SCN5A mutations associated with atrioventricular conduction blockDao W Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tenn, and Department of Pediatrics, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, USA
Circulation 105:341-6. 2002..The mutations also reduce sodium current density and enhance slower inactivation components. Action potential simulations predict that this combination of biophysical abnormalities will significantly slow myocardial conduction velocity...
- Electrophysiological effects of ibutilide on the delayed rectifier K(+) current in rabbit sinoatrial and atrioventricular node cellsN Sato
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, The University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Eur J Pharmacol 404:281-8. 2000....
- Intrinsic sinus and atrioventricular node electrophysiologic adaptations in endurance athletesRicardo Stein
Cardiology Division, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, and Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Am Coll Cardiol 39:1033-8. 2002..In the present study, we evaluated sinus and atrioventricular (AV) node electrophysiology of endurance athletes and untrained individuals before and after autonomic pharmacologic blockade...
- Ion channel and exchange currents in single myocytes isolated from the rabbit atrioventricular nodeJ C Hancox
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Science, University of Bristol, United Kingdom
Can J Cardiol 13:1175-82. 1997To review findings from the authors' laboratory in studies of electrophysiological properties of single rod- and spindle-shaped myocytes from rabbit atrioventricular node (AVN).
- Predictors of acute and long-term success of slow pathway ablation for atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia: a single center series of 1,419 consecutive patientsAlexander Feldman
Department of Cardiology, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 34:927-33. 2011..We report the acute and long-term results of SP ablation in a large single-center consecutive series and analyze predictors of acute success and late recurrence...
- Foxn4 directly regulates tbx2b expression and atrioventricular canal formationNeil C Chi
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, Programs in Developmental Biology, Genetics and Human Genetics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
Genes Dev 22:734-9. 2008..sli/foxn4 is expressed in the AV canal, and its encoded product binds to a highly conserved tbx2 enhancer domain that contains Foxn4- and T-box-binding sites, both necessary to regulate tbx2b expression in the AV canal...
- Atrioventricular ring reentry in embryonic mouse heartsMiguel Valderrabano
Department of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 675 Charles Young Dr So, 3645 MRL, Los Angeles, Calif 90095 1760, USA
Circulation 114:543-9. 2006..We studied AV conduction during this transition and its sensitivity to autonomic modulation...
- Imaging the heart: computer 3-dimensional anatomic models of the heartMark R Boyett
Division of Cardiovascular and Endocrine Sciences, University of Manchester, M13 9XX Manchester, UK
J Electrocardiol 38:113-20. 2005..However, already the two types of model are beginning to be used in tandem to reconstruct the activation sequence of the heart both during sinus rhythm and arrhythmias...
- Ion channel transcript expression at the rabbit atrioventricular conduction axisIan D Greener
Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol 2:305-15. 2009Little is known about the distribution of gap junctions and ion channels in the atrioventricular node, even though the physiology and pathology of the atrioventricular node is ultimately dependent on them.
- Atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia with multiple discontinuities in the atrioventricular node conduction curve: immediate success rates of radiofrequency ablation and long-term clinical follow-up results as compared to patients with single or noSedat Kose
Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Department of Cardiology, Ankara, Turkey
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 10:249-54. 2004..We evaluated and compared the immediate success rates, procedure-related complications, long-term clinical follow-up results and recurrence rates after slow pathway ablation in patients with multiple versus single or no AH jumps...
- Sudden death after radiofrequency ablation of the atrioventricular node in patients with atrial fibrillationCevher Ozcan
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:105-10. 2002..We evaluated the incidence and predictors of sudden death after atrioventricular (AV) node ablation and pacemaker implantation...
- Reentrant circuits in the canine atrioventricular node during atrial and ventricular echoes: electrophysiological and histological correlationPeter Loh
Experimental and Molecular Cardiology Group, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 108:231-8. 2003..To localize reentrant circuits during atrial and ventricular echoes and to characterize sites of slow conduction and block, we correlated histology with electrophysiology of the AV node...
- Role of pacemaking current in cardiac nodes: insights from a comparative study of sinoatrial node and atrioventricular nodeJie Liu
Department of Physiology, University Laboratory of Physiology, University of Oxford, Oxford OX1 3PT, UK
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 96:294-304. 2008..The computer simulation shows that the difference in the intrinsic CL could explain the difference in response to If blocking in these two cardiac nodes...
- His electrogram alternans reveal dual-wavefront inputs into and longitudinal dissociation within the bundle of HisY Zhang
Department of Cardiology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, 44195, USA
Circulation 104:832-8. 2001..These findings provide further understanding of the mechanisms of dual-AVN electrophysiology...
- Effects of acute systemic endothelin receptor blockade on cardiac electrophysiology in vivoAnna R M Gelzer
College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 44:564-70. 2004..However, antagonism of ET-1 by BQ-123 unmasks the effect of ET-1 on maintenance of vasomotor tone, which in turn may affect heart rate and sinus node automaticity in the intact pig...
- Ionic mechanisms of the effect of adenosine on single rabbit atrioventricular node myocytesA C Rankin
Department of Medical Cardiology, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
Can J Cardiol 13:1183-7. 1997....
- Electrophysiologic effects of endothelin receptor-A blockade in patients with coronary artery diseaseTheofilos M Kolettis
University of Ioannina, 1 University Street, 45 110 Ioannina, Greece
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 8:173-9. 2003..We examined the effects of acute endothelin receptor-A blockade on the sinus node, the atrioventricular node and on the ventricular myocardium, in patients with single-vessel coronary artery disease and preserved ..
- Morphological and electrophysiological properties of single myocardial cells from Koch triangle of rabbit heartFu xian Ren
Department of Cardiology, Second Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710004, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 119:2075-84. 2006..We studied the appearance and electrical properties of these diverse myocytes to elucidate their complex electrophysiological phenomena...
- The atrioventricular node: origin, development, and genetic programMartijn L Bakker
Heart Failure Research Center, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Trends Cardiovasc Med 20:164-71. 2010..Within the axis, the atrioventricular node delays the impulse, allowing the ventricles to be filled before their contraction is initiated...
- Inhibition of spontaneous activity of rabbit atrioventricular node cells by KB-R7943 and inhibitors of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) ATPaseHongwei Cheng
School of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical Sciences Building, University of Bristol, UK
Cell Calcium 49:56-65. 2011The atrioventricular node (AVN) can act as a subsidiary cardiac pacemaker if the sinoatrial node fails...
- Long-term outcome of single-chamber atrial pacing compared with dual-chamber pacing in patients with sinus-node dysfunction and intact atrioventricular node conductionWon Ho Kim
Division of Cardiology, Eulji University Hospital, Eulji University School of Medicine, Daejeon, Korea
Yonsei Med J 51:832-7. 2010..The optimal pacing mode with either single chamber atrial pacemaker (AAI or AAIR) or dual chamber pacemaker (DDD or DDDR) is still not clear in sinus-node dysfunction (SND) and intact atrioventricular (AV) conduction...
- New onset postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome following ablation of AV node reentrant tachycardiaKhalil Kanjwal
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Health Sciences Campus, The University of Toledo Medical Center, Mail Stop 1118, 3000 Arlington Ave, Toledo, OH, 43614, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 29:53-6. 2010..as inappropriate sinus tachycardia has been reported to occur following slow pathway ablation for atrioventricular node tachycardia...
- Effects of cavotricuspid isthmus ablation on atrioventricular node electrophysiology in patients with typical atrial flutterC T Tai
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Center, National Yang Ming University School of Medicine, and Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Circulation 104:1501-5. 2001..The atrial musculature in the cavotricuspid isthmus is a part of posterior inputs to the AV node. In patients with typical atrial flutter, effects of radiofrequency ablation of this isthmus on AV node conduction are still unknown...
- Three-dimensional reconstruction of the rabbit atrioventricular conduction axis by combining histological, desmin, and connexin mapping dataYu Shien Ko
First Cardiovascular Division, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Circulation 109:1172-9. 2004....
- Specific pattern of ionic channel gene expression associated with pacemaker activity in the mouse heartCeline Marionneau
l institut du thorax, INSERM U533, Faculte de Medecine, 44035 Nantes Cedex, France
J Physiol 562:223-34. 2005..large-scale real-time RT-PCR, we have profiled 71 channels and related genes in the sinoatrial node (SAN), atrioventricular node (AVN), the atria (A) and ventricles (V)...
- Acidosis inhibits spontaneous activity and membrane currents in myocytes isolated from the rabbit atrioventricular nodeHongwei Cheng
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
J Mol Cell Cardiol 46:75-85. 2009..Little is currently known, however, about the effects of acidosis on the cellular electrophysiology of the atrioventricular node (AVN)...
- Characterization of the effects of ryanodine, TTX, E-4031 and 4-AP on the sinoatrial and atrioventricular nodesMohammed R Nikmaram
Department of Physiology, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 96:452-64. 2008..Na+ current (iNa), "rapidly activating" delayed rectifier K+ current (iKr) and ultrarapid delayed rectifier potassium current (IKur) on the pacemaker activity of the sinoatrial node (SAN) and the atrioventricular node (AVN) in the mouse.
- Localization of Na+ channel isoforms at the atrioventricular junction and atrioventricular node in the ratShin Yoo
Cardiovascular Research Group, School of Medicine, University of Manchester, Core Technology Facility, 46 Grafton St, Manchester M13 9NT, United Kingdom
Circulation 114:1360-71. 2006The electrical activity of the atrioventricular node (AVN) is functionally heterogeneous, but how this relates to distinct cell types and the 3-dimensional structure of the AVN is unknown...
- Rate-dependent AV delay optimization in cardiac resynchronization therapyChristoph Scharf
Division of Cardiology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 28:279-84. 2005..During cardiac resynchronization therapy (CRT), cardiac performance is dependent on an optimized atrioventricular delay (AVD). However, the optimal AVD at different heart rates has not been defined yet during CRT...
- Randomized prospective trial of atrioventricular delay programming for cardiac resynchronization therapyNavinder S Sawhney
Cardiovascular Division, Washington University, School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Heart Rhythm 1:562-7. 2004....
- Measurement precision in the optimization of cardiac resynchronization therapyRobert G Turcott
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine and Center for Biomedical Informatics Research, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Circ Heart Fail 3:395-404. 2010..A variety of techniques are used to estimate optimum AV/VV intervals; however, the precision of their estimates and the ramifications of an imprecise estimate have not been characterized previously...
- Spontaneous frequency of rabbit atrioventricular node myocytes depends on SR functionJ M Ridley
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Cardiovascular Research Laboratories, Bristol Heart Institute, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
Cell Calcium 44:580-91. 2008..However, comparatively little is known about the role of intracellular Ca(2+) in the atrioventricular node (AVN)...
- The extent of the specialized atrioventricular ring tissuesJoseph Yanni
Cardiovascular Research Group, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, United Kingdom
Heart Rhythm 6:672-80. 2009..Further structures with the characteristics of specialized tissue are also found within the atrioventricular junction, although they are less well described...
- Right ventricular pacing can induce ventricular dyssynchrony in patients with atrial fibrillation after atrioventricular node ablationLaurens F Tops
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:1642-8. 2006..This study was designed to assess the effects of long-term right ventricular (RV) pacing on left ventricular (LV) dyssynchrony, LV function, and heart failure symptoms...
- The tight junction protein CAR regulates cardiac conduction and cell-cell communicationUlrike Lisewski
Neuromuscular and Cardiovascular Cell Biology, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine MDC, 13122 Berlin Buch, Germany
J Exp Med 205:2369-79. 2008....
- An investigation of the role played by the E-4031-sensitive (rapid delayed rectifier) potassium current in isolated rabbit atrioventricular nodal and ventricular myocytesJ S Mitcheson
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, UK
Pflugers Arch 438:843-50. 1999..It is concluded that IKr may participate in both AP repolarisation and the pacemaker depolarisation in AVN cells, whilst in ventricular myocytes, IKr and IK1 participate in controlling early and final AP repolarisation respectively...
- Prevention of ventricular desynchronization by permanent para-Hisian pacing after atrioventricular node ablation in chronic atrial fibrillation: a crossover, blinded, randomized study versus apical right ventricular pacingEraldo Occhetta
Divisione Clinicizzata di Cardiologia, Facolta di Medicina e Chirurgia di Novara, Universita degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale, Novara, Italy
J Am Coll Cardiol 47:1938-45. 2006....
- Correlation of echo-Doppler optimization of atrioventricular delay in cardiac resynchronization therapy with invasive hemodynamics in patients with heart failure secondary to ischemic or idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathyAnnemieke H M Jansen
Department of Cardiology, Catharina Hospital, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Am J Cardiol 97:552-7. 2006..The measurement of the maximal VTI of mitral inflow is the most accurate method...
- [Influence of the autonomic nervous system on the normal and pathological atrioventricular node]J Victor
Service de cardiologie, CHR, Angers
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 80:1471-7. 1987..This sympathetic overdrive was also found to be present in the sinus node...
- Transvenous catheter ice mapping and cryoablation of the atrioventricular node in dogsM Dubuc
Department of Medicine, Montreal Heart Institute, Quebec, Canada
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 22:1488-98. 1999..Ablation of the AV node is effective with a double freeze-thaw cycle using a percutaneous catheter cryoablation system. Ice mapping of the area allows for identification of the targeted site...
- Echocardiographic modeling of cardiac dyssynchrony before and during multisite stimulation: a prospective studyS Cazeau
Clinique Bizet, Paris
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 26:137-43. 2003..EDP measurements appear to identify potential candidates for CRT, and to confirm the success of system implantation...
- [Congenital atrioventricular block and maternal lupus erythematosus. Histologic discovery of tumor of the atrioventricular node]F Fontaliran
Service de cardiologie, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 82:609-13. 1989..In addition, a tumour of the atrioventricular node, known as mesothelioma or hemolymphangioma, was discovered...
- Cardiovascular magnetics resonance diagnosis of cystic tumor of the atrioventricular nodeThao T Tran
Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 11:13. 2009..LGE CMR is also useful for identifying the nature of cardiac masses or lesions. We report a case of a rare primary cystic tumor of the atrioventricular node, in which CMR proved to be valuable.
- Diversity of connexin expression patterns in the atrioventricular node: vestigial consequence or functional specialization?Steven R Coppen
National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 13:625-6. 2002
- Significant effects of atrioventricular node ablation and pacemaker implantation on left ventricular function and long-term survival in patients with atrial fibrillation and left ventricular dysfunctionCevher Ozcan
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Cardiol 92:33-7. 2003Control of ventricular rate by atrioventricular node ablation and pacemaker implantation in patients with drug-refractory atrial fibrillation (AF) is associated with improved left ventricular (LV) function...
- "Nodoventricular" accessory pathway: evidence for a distinct accessory atrioventricular pathway with atrioventricular node-like propertiesG J Klein
Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 11:1035-40. 1988..These data suggest that a "typical" nodoventricular pathway, by electrophysiologic criteria, may in fact be an AV pathway with AV node-like conduction properties and a distal right ventricular insertion site...
- Long-term survival after ablation of the atrioventricular node and implantation of a permanent pacemaker in patients with atrial fibrillationC Ozcan
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
N Engl J Med 344:1043-51. 2001..In patients with atrial fibrillation that is refractory to drug therapy, radio-frequency ablation of the atrioventricular node and implantation of a permanent pacemaker are an alternative therapeutic approach...
- Cystic tumor of the atrioventricular nodal regionYuichiro Kaminishi
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hitachi General Hospital, 2 1 1 Jonan cho, Hitachi, Ibaraki 317 0077, Japan
Jpn J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 50:37-9. 2002..The histopathological findings confirmed the lesion as a cystic tumor of the atrioventricular nodal region. This is the third known case of this condition diagnosed antemortem and treated successfully with surgical excision...
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy: Part 2--issues during and after device implantation and unresolved questionsJeroen J Bax
Department of Cardiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Am Coll Cardiol 46:2168-82. 2005..Finally, open questions concerning when to combine CRT with implantable cardioverter-defibrillator therapy and the cost-effectiveness of CRT are discussed...
- Right and left inferior extensions of the atrioventricular node may represent the anatomic substrate of the slow pathway in humansDemosthenes G Katritsis
Department of Cardiology, Athens Euroclinic, Greece
Heart Rhythm 1:582-6. 2004..The purpose of this study was to investigate the electrophysiologic characteristics of the inferior extensions of the human atrioventricular (AV) node and their possible relationship to slow pathway conduction...
- Impact of transforming growth factor-beta1 on atrioventricular node conduction modification by injected autologous fibroblasts in the canine heartT Jared Bunch
Division of Cardiovascular Disease, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55902, USA
Circulation 113:2485-94. 2006....
- Cx43 and dual-pathway electrophysiology of the atrioventricular node and atrioventricular nodal reentryVladimir P Nikolski
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, Case Western Reserve University, 10900 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 7207, USA
Circ Res 92:469-75. 2003..Immunolabeling revealed that the FP and SP are formed by Cx43-expressing bundles surrounded by tissue without Cx43. Cx43-expressing posterior nodal extensions are the substrate of AVNR during both intranodal and extranodal reentry...
- Successful catheter ablation of atrial tachycardia originating near the atrioventricular node from the noncoronary sinus of ValsalvaHiroshi Tada
Division of Cardiology, Gunma Prefectural Cardiovascular Center, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 27:1440-3. 2004..Complete elimination of the tachycardia was achieved with RF energy application from this site...
- Reduced cardiac conduction velocity and predisposition to arrhythmias in connexin40-deficient miceS Kirchhoff
Institut für Genetik Abt Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, Römerstr 164, 53117, Bonn, Germany
Curr Biol 8:299-302. 1998..As the distribution of Cx40 protein is similar in mouse and human hearts, further functional analysis of Cx40 should yield relevant insights into arrhythmogenesis in human patients...
- High resistance of atrioventricular node to cryoablation: a great safety margin targeting perinodal arrhythmic substratesNicasio Perez-Castellano
Unit of Arrhythmias, Cardiovascular Institute, San Carlos University Hospital, Madrid, Spain
Heart Rhythm 3:1189-95. 2006..Findings from animal studies and small series of patients support the greater safety of cryoenergy over radiofrequency in the ablation of arrhythmic substrates near the AV node...
- Cryoablation outcomes for AV nodal reentrant tachycardia comparing 4-mm versus 6-mm electrode-tip cathetersLena Rivard
Electrophysiology Service, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Heart Rhythm 5:230-4. 2008..Cryoablation is increasingly used to treat atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia (AVNRT). It is unknown whether larger electrode-tip cryocatheters improve outcomes without compromising safety...
- Change in the retrograde atrial activation sequence following radiofrequency modification of the atrioventricular node: implications for the electrophysiologic circuit of a variant of atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardiaJose Dizon
Division of Cardiology, Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University, New York, New York, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:461-6. 2003....
- Catheter cryoablation of the atrioventricular node in patients with atrial fibrillation: a novel technology for ablation of cardiac arrhythmiasM Dubuc
Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Quebec, Canada
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 12:439-44. 2001..The studies also showed that reversible "ice mapping" can be performed before creating permanent lesions. We investigated the feasibility and safety of applying this new technology in man...
- Cryoablation of focal atrial tachycardia originating close to the atrioventricular nodeTom Wong
St Mary s Hospital and Imperial College, London, United Kingdom
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 15:838. 2004
- Atrioventricular node modification in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation: role of morphology of RR interval variationS Rokas
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Department of Clinical Therapeutics, Alexandra Hospital, Athens University Medical School, Athens, Greece
Circulation 103:2942-8. 2001....
- Doppler index and plasma level of atrial natriuretic hormone are improved by optimizing atrioventricular delay in atrioventricular block patients with implanted DDD pacemakersN Toda
Second Department of Internal Medicine Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 24:1660-3. 2001..This study shows the importance of the optimal AV delay setting in patients with an implanted DDD pacemaker, the Doppler index and plasma ANP levels are good indicators for optimizing AV delay...
- Successful selective ablation of fast atrioventricular node pathway by cryothermal energy applicationRoberto De Ponti
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi University of Insubria, Varese, Italy
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 27:1170-1. 2004..Slow formation of a permanent lesion by cryothermal energy application allowed precise modulation of atrioventricular nodal conduction until the endpoints of complete fast pathway ablation were met with long-term cure of the arrhythmia...
- Long-term follow-up of atrioventricular delay optimization in patients with biventricular pacingNoriko Inoue
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Yokohama City University Hospital, Japan
Circ J 69:201-4. 2005....
- Partial atrioventricular canal defect with inverted atrioventricular nodal input into an inferiorly displaced atrioventricular nodePaul Khairy
Electrophysiology Service and Adult Congenital Heart Center, Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Heart Rhythm 4:355-8. 2007
- Accessory atrioventricular node with properties of a typical accessory pathway: anatomic-electrophysiologic correlationM H Gollob
Department of Medicine, Section of Cardiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 11:922-6. 2000..No typical AV accessory pathway was found. This is the first report of an accessory AV node that participated in AVRT. It was deeper than typical radiofrequency catheter ablation lesions...
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of accessory pathways during pre-excited atrial fibrillation: acute success rate and long-term clinical follow-up results as compared to those patients undergoing successful catheter ablation during sinus rhythmSedat Kose
Department of Cardiology, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, 06018, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
Heart Vessels 20:142-6. 2005....
- A NavX-guided ablation of a nodo-fascicular fibreChristopher Reithmann
Medizinische Klinik I, Klinikum Grosshadern, Universitat Munchen, Marchioninstr 15, Munich, Germany
Europace 9:424-5. 2007..5-2 cm away from the tricuspid annulus in a three-dimensional reconstruction of the right atrium and right ventricle...
- Para-Hisian pacing: useful clinical technique to differentiate retrograde conduction between accessory atrioventricular pathways and atrioventricular nodal pathwaysHiroshi Nakagawa
Cardiac Arrhythmia Research Institute, Department of Medicine University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Heart Rhythm 2:667-72. 2005
- Right atrial electrical isolation: left atrial connection to the atrioventricular nodeFlorin T Deger
Temple University Hospital, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
Heart Rhythm 2:643-5. 2005
- Atrial activation during atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia: studies on retrograde fast pathway conductionDemosthenes G Katritsis
Department of Cardiology, Athens Euroclinic, Athens, Greece
Heart Rhythm 3:993-1000. 2006....
- Correction of QT values to allow for increases in heart rate in conscious Beagle dogs in toxicology assessmentMarshall Leslie Tattersall
Experimental Medicine, AstraZeneca R and D, Charnwood, Loughborough, Leicestershrie LE11 5RH, UK
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 53:11-9. 2006..The objective of this assessment was to identify a correction formula that adequately corrects QT over a wide range of HRs...
- Fasciculoventricular bypass tract with decremental conduction propertiesSujoya Dey
University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Heart Rhythm 3:975-6. 2006
- [Uni-directional atrioventricular block]Maciej Swiatkowski
Klinika Kardiologii CMKP, ul Grenadierów 51 59, 04 073 Warszawa, Poland
Kardiol Pol 64:749-52; discussion 753. 2006
- Dual AV nodal pathway physiology after injury with radiofrequency energy in a patient without a history of reentrant tachycardiaR A Patrawala
Division of Cardiology, University of California, Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, California, USA
Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 24:512-4. 2001..This suggests that AV nodal injury may be a mechanism for acquired AV nodal reentry...
- Comparison of electropharmacological effects of bepridil and sotalol in halothane-anesthetized dogsTomomichi Ishizaka
Department of Pharmacology, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Medicine and Engineering, University of Yamanashi, Chuo, Japan
Circ J 72:1003-11. 2008..In this study, the electro-pharmacological effects of bepridil were compared with those of dl-sotalol, a representative class III antiarrhythmic drug, using the halothane-anesthetized canine model...
- Atrioventricular reciprocating tachycardia involving twin atrioventricular nodes in patients with complex congenital heart diseaseM R Epstein
Department of Cardiology, Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 12:671-9. 2001..Successful treatment with catheter ablation is possible...
- Radiofrequency ablation of atrioventricular node reentrant tachycardia: experience in 302 patientsG Fenelon
Cardiovascular Research and Teaching Institute Aalst, Cardiovascular Center, O L V Hospital, Belgium
Acta Cardiol 50:397-410. 1995..049). Although equally effective, slow pathway ablation is safer than fast pathway ablation, therefore, should be the first choice approach for treatment of AV node reentrant tachycardia...
- Pacing site and bradycardia dependent retrograde conduction block over an atrioventricular accessory pathwayRong Bai
Department of Cardiovascular Science, Ospedale di Circolo e Fondazione Macchi, University of Insubria Varese, Varese, Italy
Europace 8:438-42. 2006....
- Delineation of AV conduction pathways by selective surgical transection: effects on antegrade and retrograde transmissionEugene Patterson
Health Sciences Center and Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 13:95-105. 2005..The role for transitional cells as determinants of AH and HA conduction was examined in the superfused rabbit AV junction...
- Congenital complete atrioventricular block and preexcitation syndrome: a well-matched partnerJose Amador Rubio
Cardiology Unit, Fundación Hospital Alcorcón Madrid, Spain
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 13:159-61. 2005..The AP was located on the left side and posterior. The absence of retrograde conduction through the AP and also a long conduction time were demonstrated...
- Unique electrophysiologic characteristics of atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia with different ventriculoatrial block patterns: effects of slow pathway ablation and insights into the location of the reentrant circuitKiyoshi Otomo
Division of Cardiology, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Japan
Heart Rhythm 3:544-54. 2006..The electrophysiologic mechanisms of different ventriculoatrial (VA) block patterns during atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia (AVNRT) are poorly understood...
- [Symptomatic recurrent bradycardia--always an indication for pacemaker implantation? The role of RF ablation for incessant focal tachycardia from AV node region and advanced AV nodal block]Maria Miszczak-Knecht
Klinika Kardiologii, Instytut Pomnik Centrum Zdrowia Dziecka, Al Dzieci Polskich 20, 04 730 Warszawa
Kardiol Pol 64:1316-20. 2006..Successful ablation of atrial tachycardia revealed that SA and AV node properties were in the normal range; therefore no pacemaker implantation was needed...
- [4. Apropos of postpacing interval]S Richter
Heart Rhythm Management Institute, Free University of Brussels, Laarbeeklaan 101, 1090 Brussels, Belgium
Herzschrittmacherther Elektrophysiol 17:239-41. 2006
- Effect of slow pathway ablation in atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia on the electrophysiologic characteristics of the inferior atrial inputs to the human atrioventricular nodeDemosthenes G Katritsis
Department of Cardiology, Athens Euroclinic, Greece
Am J Cardiol 97:860-5. 2006....
- Pacing delivered rate and rhythm control for atrial fibrillationDamian Paul Redfearn
Division of Cardiology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Curr Opin Cardiol 21:83-7. 2006..There are various new specialized pacing algorithms that aim to provide rhythm or rate control in atrial fibrillation. We review the various options for device therapy and the evidence available concerning their effectiveness...
- [Usefulness of incremental atrial pacing for evaluating the effectiveness of the ablation of the slow perinodal pathway]Juan Martinez-Sanchez
Servicio de Cardiologia, Hospital Universitario Virgen de la Arrixaca, Murcia, Spain
Rev Esp Cardiol 60:32-7. 2007..To study the usefulness of incremental atrial pacing for evaluating the effect of radiofrequency catheter ablation on slow pathway conduction in patients with atrioventricular (AV) nodal reentrant tachycardia...
- TRANSMURAL DEFORMATIONJames Covell; Fiscal Year: 1993..of the left ventricle, initiated from the atrium and traveling through the His-Purkinje system via the atrioventricular node, provides for relatively synchronous activation of ventricular muscle...
- STRUCTURE/FUNCTION RELATIONSHIP OF THE AV NODEIgor Efimov; Fiscal Year: 2002..advances in the treatment of supraventricular arrhythmias, the mechanisms governing conduction through the atrioventricular node (AV) remain poorly understood...
- Catheter Guidance System for RF Ablation of ArrhythmiasGordon Hirschman; Fiscal Year: 2007..This work will serve as the foundation for development and in-vivo test of a full prototype guidance system in Phase II. ..
- High-Speed, Depth-Resolved Images of Cardiac physiologyGuy Salama; Fiscal Year: 2007..We focus here on the heart because therein lie salient problems that are ready to be addressed by this new technology. However, the wide range of possible applications may lead to the commercialization of this new technology. ..
- Focal Modification of Electrical Conduction in the HeartJ Donahue; Fiscal Year: 2006..As an initial attempt to investigate this theory, we will focus on the atrioventricular node, an anatomically well-defined region where functional changes are easily observed...
- REENTRANT ACTIVITY IN CULTURED CARDIAC CELL MONOLAYERSLeslie Tung; Fiscal Year: 2004..primary role in many types of arrhythmias, including tachycardia and flutter in the atria, ventricles, and atrioventricular node. Reentry may involve anatomical pathways, or it may be functional, with leading circle, figure-eight, ..
- MODIFICATION OF AV NODE FUNCTION IN ATRIAL FIBRILLATIONTodor Mazgalev; Fiscal Year: 2003..This would benefit patients with pharmacologically resistant or surgically inappropriate treatment of the disease. ..
- Towards a Non-Invasive Therapy for Atrial FibrillationBenjamin Scherlag; Fiscal Year: 2004..This new therapeutic approach could be utilized as a non-invasive application or incorporated into an implantable device for treatment of patients with PAF. ..
- Real-time control system for biological experimentsDavid J Christini; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Predictive multiscale modeling of atrial fibrillation for therapy developmentDAVID J contact CHRISTINI; Fiscal Year: 2010..The overall goal of this project is to develop such a multiscale modeling framework, which will enable the evaluation of potential pharmacological and device-based atrial fibrillation therapies. ..
- Mechanisms of Cardiac AlternansDavid J Christini; Fiscal Year: 2010..By doing so, the proposed work may help improve our understanding of how alternans may trigger cardiac arrhythmias. ..
- Real-time control system for biological experimentsDavid J Christini; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Real-time control system for biological experimentsDAVID CHRISTINI; Fiscal Year: 2007..6. To optimize ease of use. To minimize the barrier of entry for beginners and maximize the productivity of experienced users, we will emphasize user-friendliness and develop comprehensive documentation. ..
- Genetic Predictors of QT Response During ExercisePrince Kannankeril; Fiscal Year: 2007..This research has the potential to permit identification of individuals at risk for sudden cardiac death and therefore has significant relevance to public health. (End of Abstract) ..
- Fatty Acids and Major Cardiovascular OutcomesDariush Mozaffarian; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Mercury, Selenium, and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease in Women and MenDariush Mozaffarian; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mercury, Selenium and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease in Women and MenDariush Mozaffarian; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Consequences of AF: sympathetic activity and ventricular repolarizationMohamed Hamdan; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results of our studies could explain the increased mortality associated with AF and should have a great impact on our management of patients with AF and heart failure. ..
- Fatty Acids and Cardiovascular HealthDariush Mozaffarian; Fiscal Year: 2007..End of Abstract) ..
- PHYSIOLOGIC BENEFITS OF BIVENTRICULAR PACING IN CHFMohamed Hamdan; Fiscal Year: 2002..Similarly, a reduction in inducibility of ventricular arrhythmias, if present with long term pacing, may have an impact on the survival and on our management of patients with implantable defibrillators and frequent shocks. ..
- Fatty Acids and Major Cardiovascular OutcomesDariush Mozaffarian; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Emerin functions in transcriptional regulationJames Holaska; Fiscal Year: 2004..The initial characterization of these interactions will serve as the foundation for studying the role of the nuclear envelope in transcriptional regulation in my own laboratory. ..
- Image-guided Fetal Cardiac InterventionJohn Triedman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Mercury, Selenium, and Risk of Cardiovascular Disease in Women and MenDariush Mozaffarian; Fiscal Year: 2007....