Genomes and Genes
inferior vena cava
Summary: The venous trunk which receives blood from the lower extremities and from the pelvic and abdominal organs.
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- Comparison of carbon dioxide and iodinated contrast for cavography prior to inferior vena cava filter placementRobert B Holtzman
Division of Trauma and Critical Care, Memorial Regional Hospital, 3501 Johnson St, Hollywood, FL 33021, USA
Am J Surg 185:364-8. 2003..However, the use of CO(2) has been limited, because reportedly it underestimates the diameter of the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Use of rigid bronchoscopic forceps in the difficult retrieval of the Günther Tulip inferior vena cava filterCharles T Burke
Department of Radiology, CB 7510, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 101 Manning Dr, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7510, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:1319-23. 2007Retrievable inferior vena cava (IVC) filters may, over time, become incorporated into the wall of the IVC, making subsequent removal difficult...
- The respiratory variation in inferior vena cava diameter as a guide to fluid therapyMarc Feissel
, Centre Hospitalier de Belfort, Belfort, France
Intensive Care Med 30:1834-7. 2004OBJECTIVE: To investigate whether the respiratory variation in inferior vena cava diameter (DeltaD(IVC)) could be related to fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients. DESIGN: Prospective clinical study...
- Respiratory changes in inferior vena cava diameter are helpful in predicting fluid responsiveness in ventilated septic patientsChristophe Barbier
Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Hospital St. Germain-en-Laye, 20 rue Armagis, 78100 St Germain-en-Laye, France
Intensive Care Med 30:1740-6. 2004OBJECTIVE: To evaluate the extent to which respiratory changes in inferior vena cava (IVC) diameter can be used to predict fluid responsiveness. DESIGN: Prospective clinical study. SETTING: Hospital intensive care unit...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: clinicopathologic study of 40 casesWilliam B Laskin
Department of Surgical Pathology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:873-81. 2010This report details the clinicopathologic features and follow-up data on 40 cases of inferior vena cava leiomyosarcoma, a rare sarcoma with a poor prognosis...
- Reappraisal of the use of inferior vena cava for estimating right atrial pressureJ Matthew Brennan
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:857-61. 2007..Traditional classification of RAP into 5-mm Hg ranges based on IVC size and collapsibility performed poorly (43% accurate) and a new classification scheme is proposed...
- Surgical management of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaS W Cho
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:2141-8. 2008Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is a rare tumor for which en bloc resection offers the only chance of cure...
- The role of liver transplantation techniques in the surgical management of advanced renal urothelial carcinoma with or without inferior vena cava thrombusWolfgang H Cerwinka
Department of Urology, Division of Transplantation, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Int Braz J Urol 35:19-23. 2009..Large and locally-advanced urothelial carcinoma of the kidney with or without extension into the inferior vena cava is rare...
- An unusual presentation of solitary fibrous tumour of the pleura: right atrium and inferior vena cava compressionWalid Shaker
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, 20-40 rue Leblanc, Paris, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:640-2. 2002..patient presenting with signs of cardiac decompensation and external compression of the right atrium and inferior vena cava by a voluminous solitary fibrous tumour arising from the diaphragmatic pleura...
- Inferior vena cava percentage collapse during respiration is affected by the sampling location: an ultrasound study in healthy volunteersDavid J Wallace
Department of Emergency Medicine, Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:96-9. 2010..Respiratory variation in the diameter of the inferior vena cava (IVC) has been investigated as a noninvasive marker of intravascular volume status; however, there has been ..
- Tissue-engineered vascular autograft: inferior vena cava replacement in a dog modelM Watanabe
Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Tissue Eng 7:429-39. 2001..In addition, endothelial cells were found to line the luminal surface of each TEVA. These results strongly suggest that "ideal" venous grafts with antithrombogenicity can be produced...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: experience in 22 casesEdouard Kieffer
Department of Vascular Surgery, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Ann Surg 244:289-95. 2006From 1979 to 2004, 22 patients were seen with leiomyosarcomas of the inferior vena cava (IVC). Twenty were treated surgically...
- Duodenocaval fistula: a late complication of retroperitoneal irradiation and vena cava replacementGanesha B Perera
Department of Surgery, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Orange, 92068, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 18:52-8. 2004..caval fistula 7 years after successful resection of a retroperitoneal leiomyosarcoma and replacement of the inferior vena cava followed by radiation and chemotherapy...
- A comparison of treatment combinations with and without radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein and/or inferior vena cava tumor thrombusZhao Chong Zeng
Radiation Oncology, Fudan University, Zhongshan Hospital, Shanghai 200032, China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 61:432-43. 2005To evaluate the potential role of external beam radiation therapy (EBRT) in the treatment of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who have portal vein (PV) and/or inferior vena cava (IVC) tumor thrombi.
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: survival after aggressive managementHiromichi Ito
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:3534-41. 2007Leiomyosarcoma (LMS) of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is exceedingly rare. The role of adjuvant therapy remains undefined. This study evaluated outcomes after aggressive management.
- Postpartum inferior vena cava and ovarian vein thrombosis--a case report and literature reviewD Sinha
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, New Cross Hospital NHS Trust, Wolverhampton, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:312-3. 2005
- Congenitally interrupted inferior vena cava without other features of the heterotaxy syndrome: report of five cases and characterization of a rare entityUlrike Bartram
University Children s Hospital Giessen, Feulgenstrasse 12, Giessen, Germany
Pediatr Dev Pathol 11:266-73. 2008Congenital interruption of the inferior vena cava (IVC) due to absence of its hepatic segment is usually found in patients with polysplenia...
- Detection and correction of anterior or posterior tilting of the Günther-Tulip filter in the inferior vena cava and correction by repositioning: a phantom study and preliminary clinical experiencesTae Seok Seo
Department of Radiology, Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 80 Guro dong, Guro Gu, Seoul 152 703, Republic of Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:427-36. 2007....
- Leiomyosarcoma of the retrohepatic portion of the inferior vena cava: clinical presentation and surgical management in five patientsJean Hardwigsen
Department of Surgery and Liver Transplantation, , 147 Boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseilles Cedex 5, France
J Am Coll Surg 200:57-63. 2005BACKGROUND: Leiomyosarcoma (LMS) is a rare primary soft tissue sarcoma arising from the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Prognostic significance of tumor thrombus level in patients with renal cell carcinoma and venous tumor thrombus extension. Is all T3b the same?Alireza Moinzadeh
Department of Urology, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 171:598-601. 2004..Does the level of thrombus in the inferior vena cava (IVC) impact long-term survival? Is there a difference in long-term survival when tumor thrombus is in the ..
- Techniques used for difficult retrievals of the Günther Tulip inferior vena cava filter: experience in 32 patientsThuong G Van Ha
Department of Radiology, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:92-9. 2009..To retrospectively review experience with difficult retrievals of Günther Tulip filters (GTFs) in which various techniques were used...
- Acute pulmonary embolism as the first manifestation of hepatocellular carcinoma complicated with tumor thrombi in the inferior vena cava: surgery or not?Hsuan Hwai Lin
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Dig Dis Sci 52:1554-7. 2007
- Left trisegmentectomy and combined resection of the inferior vena cava, without reconstruction, for giant cystadenocarcinoma of the liverRyohei Miyata
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, 160-8582, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:272-6. 2005..woman with giant liver cystadenocarcinoma underwent left trisegmentectomy with combined resection of the inferior vena cava (IVC) and the right hepatic vein...
- Deep venous thrombosis caused by congenital malformation of the inferior vena cava and heterozygous factor V leiden presenting as venous claudicationGary Fass
Department of Emergency, Brugmann University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:591-5. 2009A case of an 18-year-old man with deep venous thrombosis of the lower limbs caused by hypoplasia of the inferior vena cava in combination with heterozygous factor V Leiden is presented...
- Deep venous thrombosis caused by inferior vena cava atresia and hereditary thrombophiliaShelonitda S Rose
Division of Hematology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Am J Med Sci 337:67-70. 2009b>Inferior vena cava (IVC) atresia is a risk factor for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in young patients...
- Colonic duplication associated with anterior spinal bar and left-sided inferior vena cavaKongkrit Chaiyasate
Department of Surgery, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield, Mich. 48075, USA
Surgery 141:823-5. 2007
- Clear cell sarcoma of the kidney with invasion of the inferior vena cavaD Rosso
Department of Urology, University of Turin, Corso A M Dogliotti 14, I 10126 Turin, Italy
Urol Int 70:251-2. 2003..We present a case of clear cell sarcoma of the kidney (CCSK) in 53-year-old white man who was treated with surgery. This case represents the oldest patient with CCSK published in the English literature...
- Compression of left inferior vena cava: a form of nutcracker syndromeSuat Fitoz
Department of Radiology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ibn i Sina Hospital, 06100, Sihhiye, Ankara
J Clin Ultrasound 36:101-4. 2008Left renal vein hypertension has been described in the literature as a cause of persistent hematuria. We report a case of nutcracker syndrome with hematuria involving the left inferior vena cava diagnosed with Doppler sonography and MRI.
- Vena cava filters and inferior vena cava thrombosisMatthew A Corriere
Division of Surgical Sciences, Section on Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:789-94. 2007..However, unlike permanent vena cava filters (P-VCF), outcomes data are limited regarding complication rates...
- Protective effect of N-acetyl-L-cysteine on the renal failure induced by inferior vena cava occlusionM G Salom
Departamento de Fisiologia y Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Murcia, Spain
Transplantation 65:1315-21. 1998Renal ischemia is produced during orthotopic liver transplantation when the inferior vena cava is clamped above the renal veins (inferior vena cava occlusion [IVCO]), and it often leads to postoperative renal failure...
- Superior approach for radiofrequency ablation of atrio-ventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia in a patient with anomalous inferior vena cava and azygos continuationRodrigo Miranda
Division of Cardiology Arrhythmia Service, Kingston General Hospital, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Europace 12:908-9. 2010..During placement of diagnostic catheters, an interruption of the inferior vena cava was suspected...
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumor of the kidney with inferior vena cava tumor thrombusLiling Zhang
Cancer Center, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
J Natl Med Assoc 101:1291-4. 2009..We report the case of a 41-year-old man with a PNET arising from the kidney with inferior vena cava thrombus. This case was presumptively diagnosed of renal cell carcinoma prior to surgery...
- Establishment and characterization of conditionally immortalized endothelial cell lines from the thoracic duct and inferior vena cava of tsA58/EGFP double-transgenic ratsMitsuhiro Matsuo
Department of Anatomy, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 326:749-58. 2006..cells from thoracic duct) and TR-BE (temperature-sensitive rat blood-vessel endothelial cells from inferior vena cava), respectively, and cultured on fibronectin-coated dishes in HuMedia-EG2 supplemented with 20% fetal bovine ..
- Prenatal thrombosis of the inferior vena cava and the renal veinsNoam Smorgick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zerifin, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Prenat Diagn 27:603-7. 2007This manuscript discusses the clinical presentation, diagnosis, pathophysiology and possible etiologies of prenatal thrombosis of the inferior vena cava and renal veins.
- Entrapment of pulmonary artery catheter in a suture at the inferior vena cava cannulation siteLiguang Huang
Department of Anesthesiology and Department of Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Science Center-Shreveport, Shreveport, LA 71130-3932, USA
J Clin Anesth 16:557-9. 2004..We report entrapment of a Swan-Ganz catheter in the purse-string suture at the inferior vena cava cannulation site for a patient undergoing aortic valve replacement...
- Acute thrombosis of the inferior vena cavaPhilip Giordano
Am J Emerg Med 24:640-2. 2006
- Comparison of hand-carried ultrasound assessment of the inferior vena cava and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide for predicting readmission after hospitalization for acute decompensated heart failureSascha N Goonewardena
University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:595-601. 2008We sought to compare the value of serial assessment with hand-carried ultrasound (HCU) of the inferior vena cava (IVC) with brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) to identify patients with acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF) who will be ..
- Combined anomaly of the right hepatic lobe agenesis and absence of the inferior vena cava: a case reportHee Jung Suh
Department of Radiology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:S61-4. 2008The absence of the inferior vena cava is an uncommon congenital anomaly that has recently been identified as an important risk factor contributing to the development of deep venous thrombosis...
- Deep venous thrombosis caused by congenital absence of the inferior vena cava: report of a caseYuka Kondo
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University, Aichi, Japan
Surg Today 39:231-4. 2009Although anomalies of the inferior vena cava (IVC) are seen frequently in a clinical setting, congenital absence of the IVC (AIVC) is rare...
- Combined resection of the liver and inferior vena cava for hepatic malignancyAlan W Hemming
Department of Surgery, Center for Hepatobiliary Diseases, PO Box 100286, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0286, USA
Ann Surg 239:712-9; discussion 719-21. 2004The objective of this paper is to review the results of combined resection of the liver and inferior vena cava for hepatic malignancy...
- Combined replacement of infrarenal aorta and inferior vena cava after en bloc resection of retroperitoneal extraosseous osteosarcomaJoseph R Schneider
Vascular and Interventional Program of Central DuPage Hospital, Winfield, Ill, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:478-9. 2008
- High prevalence of hepatitis B virus infection and inferior vena cava obstruction among patients with liver cirrhosis or hepatocellular carcinoma in NepalSantosh Man Shrestha
Liver Foundation Nepal, Sitapaela Height, Kathmandu, Nepal
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1921-8. 2007..distribution among patients with liver diseases in Nepal, where obstruction of the hepatic portion of the inferior vena cava (IVCO) is common...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: three case reports and review of the literatureNicholaus J Hilliard
Department of Pathology at University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233-6823, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 9:259-66. 2005We describe 3 cases of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava (IVC) and review the literature describing clinicopathologic features of 211 cases and the outcome. Of these, 74% of the cases affected women with median age of 52 years...
- Inferior vena cava agenesia and a massive bilateral iliofemoral venous thrombosisZeljko Vucicevic
Department of Emergency Medicine, Sestre Milosrdnice University Hospital, Vinogradska cesta 29, Zagreb, Croatia com hr
Angiology 59:510-3. 2008The absence of the inferior vena cava is a rare congenital anomaly and represents a modest risk for deep-venous thrombosis. When associated with genetic polymorphism or other hypercoagulable states, the risk can increase several times...
- Inferior vena cava diameter correlates with invasive hemodynamic measures in mechanically ventilated intensive care unit patients with sepsisJoerg C Schefold
Department of Nephrology and Medical Intensive Care Medicine, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
J Emerg Med 38:632-7. 2010..This study aims to investigate whether inferior vena cava (IVC) diameters correlate with invasively assessed hemodynamic parameters and whether this approach may thus ..
- Epidural venous plexus enlargements presenting with radiculopathy and back pain in patients with inferior vena cava obstruction or occlusionYahya Paksoy
Ultra Görüntüleme Merkezi, Konya, Turkey
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:2419-24. 2004..All of these patients had inferior vena caval obstruction or occlusion that caused engorgement in the epidural and paravertebral venous system, causing nerve root compression...
- Liver transplantation with preservation of the inferior vena cava. A comparison of conventional and piggyback techniques in adultsShungo Miyamoto
Division of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Groningen University Hospital, Hanzeplein 1, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Transplant 18:686-93. 2004..In the PB-ES group there seems to be no advantage for any of the revascularization protocols...
- Anatomical structure of the isthmus between the inferior vena cava and tricuspid annulus investigated with a three-dimensional electroanatomical mapping systemRyoichi Kubo
Department of Cardiology, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Heart Vessels 20:50-5. 2005We studied the anatomical structure of the isthmus between the inferior vena cava and tricuspid annulus in humans with a three-dimensional electroanatomical mapping system (CARTO, Biosense, Haifa, Israel)...
- Low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma with inferior vena cava tumor thrombus and intracardiac extension: radical resection may improve recurrence free survivalPietro Renzulli
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, and University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Surg Oncol 18:57-64. 2009..We describe a patient with advanced low-grade ESS with tumor invasion of the infrarenal aorta and the inferior vena cava. The patient presented with a large tumor thrombus extending from the inferior vena cava into the right ..
- Early ligation of the renal artery using the posterior approach: a basic surgical concept reinforced during resection of large hypervascular renal cell carcinoma with or without inferior vena cava thrombusG Ciancio
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
BJU Int 92:488-9. 2003
- Eustachian valve endocarditis: Is it worth searching for?J A San Roman
Institute of Heart Sciences ICICOR, Hospital Universitario, Valladolid, Spain
Am Heart J 142:1037-40. 2001..Whether the eustachian valve is an uncommon site for a vegetation to be attached or whether the disease is missed because a systematic approach to this valve is not routinely performed in the search for vegetations is not known...
- Fatal tumor thrombosis due to an inferior vena cava leiomyosarcoma in a patient with antiphospholipid antibody syndromeJoseph D Espiritu
Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Occupational Medicine, Saint Louis University Health Sciences Center, MO, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 77:595-9. 2002We describe a patient with antiphospholipid antibody syndrome (APS) who died because of relentless inferior vena cava (IVC) tumor thrombosis due to an unsuspected leiomyosarcoma...
- CT-guided percutaneous fine-needle aspiration biopsy of the inferior vena cava wall: a posterior coaxial approachSebastian Kos
Institute of Radiology, University Hospital Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 33:209-12. 2010..tomography (PET-CT) revealed an unexpected hot spot in the ventral wall of the infrarenal segment of the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- FDG uptake in inferior vena cava tumor thrombus from renal cell carcinoma on positron emission tomographyAlecia W Sizemore
Department of Internal Medicine/Medical Education, Kettering Medical Center, Kettering, OH, USA
Clin Nucl Med 32:309-11. 2007
- Typical atrial flutter ablation: conduction across the posterior region of the inferior vena cava orifice may mimic unidirectional isthmus blockM Scaglione
Division of Cardiology, Civil Hospital, Asti, Italy
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 11:387-95. 2000The aim of this study was to map the low right atrium before and after radiofrequency ablation of the inferior vena cava-tricuspid annulus (IVC-TA) isthmus in patients with typical atrial flutter (AFI) to better understand the ..
- Extracorporeal repair and liver autotransplantation after total avulsion of hepatic veins and retrohepatic inferior vena cava injury secondary to blunt abdominal traumaUgo Boggi
Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e Trapianti, , Pisa, Italy
J Trauma 60:405-6. 2006
- Eustachian valve endocarditis: a case series and analysis of the literatureN Sawhney
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California-San Diego, School of Medicine and UCSD Medical Center, 200 W. Arbor Street #8411, San Diego, CA 92103-8411, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 14:1139-42. 2001..In general, EVE responds well to conventional antibiotic therapy...
- Primary leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: reports of infrarenal and suprahepatic caval involvementMichael N Tameo
Section of Vascular Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Vasc Surg 51:221-4. 2010We report two cases of primary inferior vena cava (IVC) leiomyosarcoma. The first patient was a 60-year-old female who presented with abdominal pain...
- Surgical reconstruction of iliofemoral veins and the inferior vena cava for nonmalignant occlusive diseaseC J Jost
Division of Vascular Surgery, The Department of Diagnostic Radiology, and the Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:320-7; discussion 327-8. 2001..The Palma procedure with autologous saphenous vein had the best long-term patency, whereas long-term success with ePTFE was moderate. The use of an arteriovenous fistula to improve graft patency remains controversial...
- Inferior vena cava thrombosis in young adults--a review of two casesBarry J McAree
Departments of Vascular, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland
Ulster Med J 78:129-33. 2009..Young patients presenting with symptoms of DVT should be investigated not only to establish any thrombophilic pre-disposition, but to ascertain the proximal extent of thrombus which may itself influence treatment...
- Hydatid disease invading the inferior vena cava: successful combined medical and surgical treatmentH A Karunajeewa
Department of Infectious Diseases, Austin and Repatriation Medical Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
ANZ J Surg 72:159-60. 2002
- Primary Gianturco stent placement for inferior vena cava abnormalities following liver transplantationS M Weeks
Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7510, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 11:177-87. 2000..To determine the efficacy of primary Gianturco stent placement for patients with inferior vena caval (IVC) abnormalities following liver transplantation...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava--a very rare case reportNuno Fonseca
Rev Port Cardiol 21:1469-78. 2002..Ambulatory abdominal echography and computed tomography (CT) revealed partial thrombosis of the inferior vena cava (IVC) with right atrial extension...
- Bullet migration within the inferior vena cavaKrishnan Raghavendran
Department of Surgery, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY 14215, USA
South Med J 96:96-8. 2003..The bullet lodged and moved freely within the inferior vena cava and its branches, but the patient had no symptoms...
- Postpartal deep-vein thrombosis revealing agenesis of the inferior vena cavaMarcela Ilijic
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 131:235-6. 2007
- IVC CLAMP: infrahepatic inferior vena cava clamping during hepatectomy--a randomised controlled trial in an interdisciplinary settingNuh N Rahbari
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Trials 10:94. 2009..The present randomised controlled trial evaluates efficacy and safety of infrahepatic inferior vena cava (IVC) clamping as an alternative surgical technique to reduce CVP during hepatic resection.
- Prognostic factors for patients with hepatocellular carcinoma with macroscopic portal vein or inferior vena cava tumor thrombi receiving external-beam radiation therapyZhao Chong Zeng
Department of Radiation Oncology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 136 Yi Xue Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Cancer Sci 99:2510-7. 2008..Patients (n = 136) with HCC who had portal vein (PV) or inferior vena cava (IVC) tumor thrombus received EBRT between January 1998 and October 2007...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaMeltem Ceyhan
Department of Radiology, Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 13:140-3. 2007Primary vascular leiomyosarcoma is a rare tumor, which arises mainly from the inferior vena cava. Clinical signs are non-specific. Systemic metastasis occurs in the late stage...
- Handcarried ultrasound measurement of the inferior vena cava for assessment of intravascular volume status in the outpatient hemodialysis clinicJ Matthew Brennan
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:749-53. 2006..assessed dry weight is a poor surrogate of intravascular volume; however, ultrasound assessment of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is an effective tool for volume management...
- Volume associated dynamic geometry and spatial orientation of the inferior vena cavaErin H Murphy
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Vasc Surg 50:835-42; discussion 842-3. 2009..The purpose of this study is to quantitate the dimensional changes that occur in the infrarenal inferior vena cava (IVC), in response to changes in intravascular volume.
- Results of inferior vena caval interruption by greenfield filter, ligation or resection during radical nephrectomy and tumor thrombectomyMichael L Blute
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Urol 178:440-5; discussion 444. 2007..resection for patients with renal cell carcinoma and venous tumor thrombus may require interruption of the inferior vena cava using a Greenfield filter, ligation or resection...
- Peliosis hepatis causing inferior vena cava compression in a 3-year-old childMelanie P Hiorns
Department of Radiology, Great Ormond Street Children s NHS Trust, London, WC1N 3JH, UK
Pediatr Radiol 35:209-11. 2005..Our case describes and illustrates peliosis in a 3-year-old girl and is the first described in any age group to cause complete IVC obstruction. The patient subsequently made a full recovery...
- Half clamping of the infrahepatic inferior vena cava reduces bleeding during a hepatectomy by decreasing the central venous pressureKazuhisa Uchiyama
Second Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, Wakayama, Japan
Langenbecks Arch Surg 394:243-7. 2009Bleeding from the hepatic vein is closely related to central venous pressure (CVP). To evaluate the effect of low central venous pressure during a hepatectomy, the infrahepatic inferior vena cava (IVC) was half clamped.
- The bedside insertion of inferior vena cava filters using ultrasound guidanceBaljeet Uppal
Division of Vascular Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Perspect Vasc Surg Endovasc Ther 19:78-84. 2007Since the introduction of inferior vena cava (IVC) filters more than 30 years ago, there has been a steady improvement in the design, ease, and safety of the delivery systems...
- Sonographic measurement of the inferior vena cava as a marker of blood lossMatthew Lyon
Section of Emergency Ultrasound, Department of Emergency Medicine, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA 30912-4007, USA
Am J Emerg Med 23:45-50. 2005..a noninvasive measurement of circulating blood volume and of drop therein by measuring the change in the inferior vena cava diameter (IVCd) in relationship to blood loss...
- [Inferior vena cava malformations and deep venous thrombosis]María J García-Fuster
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia, Valencia, Espana
Rev Esp Cardiol 59:171-5. 2006..venous thrombosis of the lower extremities to determine whether the presence of congenital anomaly of the inferior vena cava (IVC) was a risk factor for the disease. All patients were investigated by Doppler echography...
- Isolated left-sided scimitar vein connecting all left pulmonary veins to the right inferior vena cavaA L Juraszek
Department of Pathology, Children's Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatr Cardiol 26:846-7. 2005..Anomalous pulmonary venous connections to the inferior vena cava (IVC) are typically characterized by hypoplasia of the involved pulmonary veins and pulmonary artery, as ..
- Liver harvesting surgical technique for the treatment of retro-hepatic caval thrombosis concomitant to renal cell carcinoma: perioperative and long-term results in 15 patients without mortalityMichele Gallucci
Department of Urology, Regina Elena Institute, Rome, Italy
Eur Urol 45:194-202. 2004OBJECTIVE: Radical surgical treatment improves the prognosis of patients affected by Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) thrombosis concomitant to renal carcinoma...
- 3-dimensional mapping and radiofrequency ablation of atrial flutter in a patient with interrupted inferior vena cavaSiddharth Mukerji
Division of Cardiology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
J Interv Card Electrophysiol 14:107-9. 2005The presence of isolated interrupted inferior vena cava (IVC) is very rare...
- Positron emission tomography-computed tomography imaging characteristics of an inferior vena cava tumor thrombus with magnetic resonance imaging correlationJohn N Rydberg
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Comput Assist Tomogr 28:517-9. 2004Thrombus of the renal vein or inferior vena cava is a known complication of renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Accurate discrimination between bland and malignant thrombus can have significant implications toward clinical management...
- Primary renal synovial sarcoma with inferior vena cava and right atrium invasionPaul Chih-Hsueh Chen
Department of Pathology, Division of Medical Oncology, Veterans General Hospital and Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Urol 10:657-60. 2003..Clinically, the tumor mimicked renal cell carcinoma with renal vein, inferior vena cava and right atrium invasion...
- Initial experience in humans with a new retrievable inferior vena cava filterMurray R Asch
Department of Medical Imaging, Mount Sinai Hospital University Health Network, 600 University Ave, Suite 564, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Radiology 225:835-44. 2002To evaluate preliminary clinical experience in humans with the Recovery nitinol filter (RNF) for the inferior vena cava, especially the efficacy of the device and safety of its retrieval.
- Meandering right pulmonary vein to the left atrium and inferior vena cava: the first case with associated anomaliesTia A Tortoriello
The Lillie Frank Abercrombie Section of Pediatric Cardiology, Texas Children's Hospital and Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 29:319-23. 2002..asymptomatic 6-year-old boy in whom an anomalous right pulmonary vein was noted to drain into both the inferior vena cava and left atrium in association with findings consistent with scimitar syndrome...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: report of a caseYildiray Yuzer
Department of General Surgery, Ege University School of Medicine, 35100 Bornova, Izmir, Turkey
Surg Today 34:370-3. 2004We report a case of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava, which was successfully treated by surgical en bloc resection and reconstruction of the inferior vena cava, followed by adjuvant radiation therapy...
- Cavoportal hemitransposition: patient selection criteria and outcomeL Urbani
Liver Transplant Unit, University of Pisa, Italy
Transplant Proc 34:3331-3. 2002
- Surgical techniques for treating a renal neoplasm invading the inferior vena cavaAnil Vaidya
Department of Urology, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
J Urol 169:435-44. 2003..bypass have drastically decreased operative complications associated with extensive involvement of the inferior vena cava with tumor thrombus. CONCLUSIONS: The only curative approach to renal cell carcinoma is surgery...
- Sonographic inferior vena cava/aorta diameter index, a new approach to the body fluid status assessment in children and young adults in emergency ultrasound--preliminary studyWojciech Kosiak
Pediatric Nephrology Department, Medical University of Gdansk, 80 952 Gdansk, Poland
Am J Emerg Med 26:320-5. 2008..We introduce a new sonographic parameter, the "inferior vena cava (IVC)/aorta (Ao) diameter (IVC/Ao) index," as a convenient, quick, and effective way of evaluating body ..
- Recurrent deep venous thrombosis caused by congenital interruption of the inferior vena cava and heterozygous factor V Leiden mutationJ G Schneider
Department of Internal Medicine I and Radiology, Ruprecht Karls University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Intern Med 252:276-80. 2002..of a 44-year-old patient with recurrent deep venous thrombosis (DVT) caused by congenital dysgenesis of the inferior vena cava (IVC) in coincidence with heterozygous factor V Leiden mutation is presented...
- [Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: diagnostic problem and treatment]Hadj Omar el Malki
Clinique Chirurgicale A, Hopital Ibn Sina, Rabat, Maroc
Prog Urol 13:293-6. 2003The authors report the case of a 42-year-old woman in whom a tumour of the inferior vena cava was discovered intraoperatively. Histological examination of the specimen confirmed the diagnosis of leiomyosarcoma...
- [Agenesis of inferior vena cava combined with multiple genetic predisposition in the case of deep venous thrombosis in a young male]Tímea Vidra
Pecsi Tudomanyegyetem, Általános Orvostudományi Kar, I Belgyógyázati Klinika
Orv Hetil 144:2283-6. 2003..In the authors knowledge this is the first report presenting a multiple combined genetic predisposition of risk factors in deep venous thrombosis...
- Intraperitoneal and retroperitoneal carbon dioxide insufflation evoke different effects on caval vein pressure gradients in humans: evidence for the starling resistor concept of abdominal venous returnR M Giebler
Abteilung für Anaesthesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universität Gesamthochschule Essen, Essen, Federal Republic of Germany
Anesthesiology 92:1568-80. 2000....
- Surgical strategies for liver transplantation in the case of portal vein thrombosis--current role of cavoportal hemitransposition and renoportal anastomosisMarius Paskonis
Department of Abdominal Surgery, Vilnius University Hospital 'Santariskiu klinikos, University of Vilnius, Vilnius, Lithuania
Clin Transplant 20:551-62. 2006..Furthermore, clinical follow-up and basic experimental work is required to evaluate the influence of systemic venous inflow to the liver graft with respect to long-term liver function and liver regeneration...
- Venous variants and anomalies on routine abdominal multi-detector row CTZafer Koc
Baskent University, School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, Adana, Turkey
Eur J Radiol 61:267-78. 2007..aims to determine the types and prevalence rates of anatomic variations of the hepatic veins, portal vein, inferior vena cava and renal veins, and to establish statistical correlations between various anomalies and frequency ..
- Venous spread of renal cell carcinoma: MDCTRanka Stern Padovan
Clinical Institute of Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Clinical Hospital Center Zagreb, University of Zagreb, School of Medicine, Kispaticeva 12, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia
Abdom Imaging 32:530-7. 2007..The purpose of our study was to present multidetector computed tomography (MDCT) findings in venous spread of renal cell carcinoma (RCC), to determine the superior extent of tumor thrombus and to compare MDCT findings with surgical report...
- Retrievability of the Günther Tulip vena cava filter after dwell times longer than 180 days in patients with multiple traumaDavid Rosenthal
Department of Vascular Surgery, Atlanta Medical Center, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Endovasc Ther 14:406-10. 2007To evaluate the retrieval feasibility of the Günther Tulip inferior vena cava filter (IVCF) after dwell times >180 days in patients with multiple trauma.
- Combined percutaneous aspiration thrombectomy and rheolytic thrombectomy in massive subacute vena cava thrombosis with IVC filter occlusionGianluca Rigatelli
Interventional Cardiology Unit, Division of Cardiology, Rovigo General Hospital, Rovigo, Italy
J Endovasc Ther 13:373-6. 2006To report the combined use of percutaneous aspiration thrombectomy and rheolytic thrombectomy in the setting of extensive inferior vena cava (IVC) thrombosis and filter occlusion.
- GÃ¼nther Tulip filter retrievability multicenter study including CT follow-up: final reportHanno Hoppe
Dotter Interventional Institute, Oregon Health Science University, Portland 97239-3098, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:1017-23. 2006PURPOSE: To evaluate the safety and effectiveness of retrieval of the GÃ¼nther Tulip inferior vena cava (IVC) filter. MATERIALS AND METHODS: This was a nonrandomized, single-armed, multicenter prospective investigation...
- Unintended right-to-left shunt after Fontan operation: consequence of unligated vertical vein in a child with total anomalous pulmonary venous drainage, single ventricle, and heterotaxyDavid Mishaly
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery, The Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 125:421-3. 2003
- Venous thrombosis complicating inferior vena cava anomalies in a 7-year-old boyShun Lau
Pediatr Radiol 33:143-5. 2003
- Electron-beam CT as a diagnostic modality in pediatric nephrology and renal transplant surgeryUlf H Beier
Department of Pediatrics, University of Illinois at Chicago, 840 South Wood Street, Room 1438 CSB, Chicago, IL 60612 7324, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 21:677-82. 2006..It is very useful for clinical questions that require a detailed description of vascular and renal anatomy...
- Transpopliteal removal of an OptEase inferior vena cava filter after treatment of symptomatic filter thrombosisMichael S Stecker
Department of Radiology, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Endovasc Ther 14:411-5. 2007To describe a case of transpopliteal retrieval of an inferior vena cava (IVC) filter.
- Ocular blood flow and intraocular pressure homeostasisJeffrey Kiel; Fiscal Year: 2007..The experiments will be performed in anesthetized rabbits instrumented with hydraulic occluders on the inferior vena cava and aorta to control mean arterial pressure (MAP), which will be measured via an arterial cannula...
- CHOROIDAL AUTOREGULATION AND OCULAR PRESSURE HOMEOSTASISJeffrey Kiel; Fiscal Year: 2003..The experiments will be performed in anesthetized rabbits instrumented with hydraulic occluders on the inferior vena cava and aorta to control mean arterial pressure (MAP) which will be measured via an arterial cannula...
- Subharmonic Microbubble Signals for Pressure EstimationFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..e., pressure transducer) measurements in the inferior vena cava (IVC) of 5 canines...
- Optimizing Prophylaxis Against Venous Thromboembolism in Bariatric SurgeryNancy J Birkmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Prophylactic strategies, including perioperative anticoagulation and inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement, may reduce the risk of VTE and its sequelae...
- Vessel Structure & Pressure:Transport and AtherogenesisDAVID RUMSCHITZKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..In particular, the pulmonary artery (PA) and the large veins such as the inferior vena cava and the saphenous vein are exposed to much lower transmural pressures than the large arteries and are ..
- Investigating the Mechanisms of Vascular Neotissue Formation In Tissue EngineeredCHRISTOPHER KANE BREUER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have performed the first clinical trial evaluating the use of our TEVG as a conduit connecting the inferior vena cava to the pulmonary artery in children requiring modified Fontan surgery...
- Ex vivo venous gene delivery by pulsed electric-fieldsNagendu Dev; Fiscal Year: 2004..are: (1) to evaluate the efficiency of pulsed electric fields for ex vivo DNA transfer into cells of rat inferior vena cava and porcine saphenous vein, respectively...
- GENE THERAPY DEVICE FOR TREATMENT OF HEMOPHILIA BETADEBORAH BUFFINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2002..that is introducable and retractable via a percutaneous catheter insertion through the femoral vein into the inferior vena cava. The IVD may be used to deliver any desired compound via cell or gene therapy...
- Free Radicals Influence the Pathogenesis of Venous ThrombosisDaniel Myers; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thomas W. Wakefield and members of my research advisory committee. The second phase of this grant will focus on completion of the specific aims of the grant and allow for the candidate to develop independent areas of research. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Percutaneous MR Guided Creation of a Meso-Caval ShuntAravind Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Arterial baroreceptor unloading causes hypertensionTERRY THRASHER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide a new framework for understanding the development and maintenance of hypertension. ..
- Chitosan hemostatic device for laparoscopic applicationsHua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- Vascular Mechanisms in Pregnancy-Induced HypertensionRAOUF KHALIL; Fiscal Year: 2005..The increased vascular smooth muscle reactivity occurs as a result of increased sensitivity of vascular smooth muscle to vasoconstrictors leading to increased ..
- Vascular Mechanisms in Pregnancy-Induced HypertensionRAOUF KHALIL; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Vascular Protective Role of Endothelin B ReceptorsRAOUF KHALIL; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..