Genomes and Genes
inferior vena cava
Summary: The venous trunk which receives blood from the lower extremities and from the pelvic and abdominal organs.
Publications286 found, 100 shown here
- Reappraisal of the use of inferior vena cava for estimating right atrial pressureJ Matthew Brennan
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 20:857-61. 2007..Traditional classification of RAP into 5-mm Hg ranges based on IVC size and collapsibility performed poorly (43% accurate) and a new classification scheme is proposed...
- The respiratory variation in inferior vena cava diameter as a guide to fluid therapyMarc Feissel
Réanimation Médicale et Maladies Infectieuses, Centre Hospitalier de Belfort, Belfort, France
Intensive Care Med 30:1834-7. 2004To investigate whether the respiratory variation in inferior vena cava diameter (DeltaD(IVC)) could be related to fluid responsiveness in mechanically ventilated patients.
- Respiratory changes in inferior vena cava diameter are helpful in predicting fluid responsiveness in ventilated septic patientsChristophe Barbier
Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Hospital St Germain en Laye, 20 rue Armagis, 78100 St Germain en Laye, France
Intensive Care Med 30:1740-6. 2004To evaluate the extent to which respiratory changes in inferior vena cava (IVC) diameter can be used to predict fluid responsiveness.
- Inferior vena cava ligation rapidly induces tissue factor expression and venous thrombosis in ratsJi Zhou
Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:863-9. 2009Although stasis is important in the pathogenesis of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), how it contributes to thrombogenesis is largely unknown. To gain mechanistic insight, we used a rat model of inferior vena cava (IVC) ligation.
- Lemierre syndrome variant: necrobacillosis associated with inferior vena cava thrombosis and pulmonary abscesses after trauma-induced leg abscessRaymund R Razonable
Division of Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn 55905, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 78:1153-6. 2003..an unusual variant of this disease in a man who developed F necrophorum sepsis (associated with extensive inferior vena cava and common femoral vein thrombosis) and multiple abscesses in the lungs after a trauma-associated abscess of ..
- Inferior vena cava leiomyosarcoma: is reconstruction necessary after resection?Rouzbeh Daylami
Department of Surgery, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA
J Am Coll Surg 210:185-90. 2010Leiomyosarcomas of the inferior vena cava represent a rare form of soft-tissue sarcomas. Management strategies necessarily vary because of limited experience. Questions about necessity of multimodality therapy and IVC reconstruction remain...
- Inferior vena cava diameter correlates with invasive hemodynamic measures in mechanically ventilated intensive care unit patients with sepsisJoerg C Schefold
Department of Nephrology and Medical Intensive Care Medicine, Charite University Medicine Berlin, Campus Virchow Clinic, Berlin, Germany
J Emerg Med 38:632-7. 2010..This study aims to investigate whether inferior vena cava (IVC) diameters correlate with invasively assessed hemodynamic parameters and whether this approach may thus ..
- Comparison of hand-carried ultrasound assessment of the inferior vena cava and N-terminal pro-brain natriuretic peptide for predicting readmission after hospitalization for acute decompensated heart failureSascha N Goonewardena
University of Chicago Hospitals, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 1:595-601. 2008We sought to compare the value of serial assessment with hand-carried ultrasound (HCU) of the inferior vena cava (IVC) with brain natriuretic peptide (BNP) to identify patients with acute decompensated heart failure (ADHF) who will be ..
- Establishment and characterization of conditionally immortalized endothelial cell lines from the thoracic duct and inferior vena cava of tsA58/EGFP double-transgenic ratsMitsuhiro Matsuo
Department of Anatomy, University of Toyama, Toyama, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 326:749-58. 2006..cells from thoracic duct) and TR-BE (temperature-sensitive rat blood-vessel endothelial cells from inferior vena cava), respectively, and cultured on fibronectin-coated dishes in HuMedia-EG2 supplemented with 20% fetal bovine ..
- Intracardiac migration of inferior vena cava filters: review of published dataCharles A Owens
Departments of Radiology, Division of Interventional Radiology, University of Illinois Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Chest 136:877-87. 2009Intracardiac or intrapulmonary migration of inferior vena cava (IVC) filters is an uncommon although potentially life-threatening event that is poorly understood.
- Identification of congestive heart failure via respiratory variation of inferior vena cava diameterDavid J Blehar
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Am J Emerg Med 27:71-5. 2009..We sought to use the measurement of respiratory variation of inferior vena cava (IVC) diameter as a diagnostic tool for identification of CHF in patients presenting with acute dyspnea.
- Catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation via superior approach in patients with interruption of the inferior vena cavaHong Euy Lim
Division of Cardiology, Korea University Cardiovascular Center, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Heart Rhythm 6:174-9. 2009Percutaneous transcatheter ablation of atrial fibrillation (AF) in patients with interruption of inferior vena cava (IVC) has not been reported in the literature.
- Acute thrombosis of the inferior vena cavaPhilip Giordano
Am J Emerg Med 24:640-2. 2006
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: clinicopathologic study of 40 casesWilliam B Laskin
Department of Surgical Pathology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:873-81. 2010This report details the clinicopathologic features and follow-up data on 40 cases of inferior vena cava leiomyosarcoma, a rare sarcoma with a poor prognosis...
- An unusual presentation of solitary fibrous tumour of the pleura: right atrium and inferior vena cava compressionWalid Shaker
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Georges Pompidou European Hospital, 20 40 rue Leblanc, Paris, France
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 22:640-2. 2002..patient presenting with signs of cardiac decompensation and external compression of the right atrium and inferior vena cava by a voluminous solitary fibrous tumour arising from the diaphragmatic pleura...
- Inferior vena cava percentage collapse during respiration is affected by the sampling location: an ultrasound study in healthy volunteersDavid J Wallace
Department of Emergency Medicine, Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:96-9. 2010..Respiratory variation in the diameter of the inferior vena cava (IVC) has been investigated as a noninvasive marker of intravascular volume status; however, there has been ..
- The role of liver transplantation techniques in the surgical management of advanced renal urothelial carcinoma with or without inferior vena cava thrombusWolfgang H Cerwinka
Department of Urology, Division of Transplantation, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, Florida, USA
Int Braz J Urol 35:19-23. 2009..Large and locally-advanced urothelial carcinoma of the kidney with or without extension into the inferior vena cava is rare...
- Comparison of different methods for measuring intra-abdominal pressureF F Gudmundsson
Surgical Research Laboratory, Haukeland University Hospital, University of Bergen, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Intensive Care Med 28:509-14. 2002....
- A comparison of treatment combinations with and without radiotherapy for hepatocellular carcinoma with portal vein and/or inferior vena cava tumor thrombusZhao Chong Zeng
Radiation Oncology, Fudan University, Zhongshan Hospital, Shanghai 200032, China
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 61:432-43. 2005To evaluate the potential role of external beam radiation therapy (EBRT) in the treatment of patients with hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) who have portal vein (PV) and/or inferior vena cava (IVC) tumor thrombi.
- Tissue-engineered vascular autograft: inferior vena cava replacement in a dog modelM Watanabe
Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Tissue Eng 7:429-39. 2001..In addition, endothelial cells were found to line the luminal surface of each TEVA. These results strongly suggest that "ideal" venous grafts with antithrombogenicity can be produced...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: experience in 22 casesEdouard Kieffer
Department of Vascular Surgery, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Paris, France
Ann Surg 244:289-95. 2006From 1979 to 2004, 22 patients were seen with leiomyosarcomas of the inferior vena cava (IVC). Twenty were treated surgically...
- Renal cell carcinoma with tumor thrombus extension into the vena cava: prospective long-term followupAxel Haferkamp
Department of Urology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
J Urol 177:1703-8. 2007We prospectively evaluated long-term survival in patients with renal cell carcinoma extending to the inferior vena cava.
- Entrapment of pulmonary artery catheter in a suture at the inferior vena cava cannulation siteLiguang Huang
Department of Anesthesiology and Department of Surgery, Louisiana State University Health Science Center Shreveport, Shreveport, LA 71130 3932, USA
J Clin Anesth 16:557-9. 2004..We report entrapment of a Swan-Ganz catheter in the purse-string suture at the inferior vena cava cannulation site for a patient undergoing aortic valve replacement...
- Surgical management of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaS W Cho
Department of Surgery, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 12:2141-8. 2008Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is a rare tumor for which en bloc resection offers the only chance of cure...
- Duodenocaval fistula: a late complication of retroperitoneal irradiation and vena cava replacementGanesha B Perera
Department of Surgery, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, Orange, 92068, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 18:52-8. 2004..caval fistula 7 years after successful resection of a retroperitoneal leiomyosarcoma and replacement of the inferior vena cava followed by radiation and chemotherapy...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: survival after aggressive managementHiromichi Ito
Department of Surgery, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 14:3534-41. 2007Leiomyosarcoma (LMS) of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is exceedingly rare. The role of adjuvant therapy remains undefined. This study evaluated outcomes after aggressive management.
- Postpartum inferior vena cava and ovarian vein thrombosis--a case report and literature reviewD Sinha
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, New Cross Hospital NHS Trust, Wolverhampton, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 25:312-3. 2005
- Value of abdominal ultrasound scan, CT and MRI for diagnosing inferior vena cava tumour thrombus in renal cell carcinomaHong feng GUO
Department of Urology, Peking University First Hospital, Institute of Urology, Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 122:2299-302. 2009..magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) findings in venous spread of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) to determine the superior extent of inferior vena cava (IVC) thrombus and IVC wall invasion and compared them with surgical and pathological reports.
- Prevention of cardiopulmonary embolization of polymethylmethacrylate cement fragment after kyphoplasty with insertion of inferior vena cava filterMouchammed Agko
Department of Surgery, The University of Toledo Medical Center, Toledo, Ohio 43614, USA
J Vasc Surg 51:210-3. 2010..Infiltration of cement into the inferior vena cava, noted intraoperatively, was confirmed with postoperative CT scan...
- Hepatocellular carcinoma associated with membranous obstruction of the inferior vena cava: incidence, characteristics, and risk factors and clinical efficacy of TACEDong Gwon
Department of Radiology and Research Institute of Radiology, University of Ulsan, College of Medicine, Asan Medical Center, 388 1, Pungnap 2dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Radiology 254:617-26. 2010To analyze the characteristics associated with membranous obstruction of the inferior vena cava (MOVC)-associated hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and to evaluate the clinical efficacy of transcatheter arterial chemoembolization (TACE).
- Retrieval of cement embolus from inferior vena cava after percutaneous vertebroplastyS Athreya
Department of Radiology, St Joseph s Healthcare, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 32:817-9. 2009..We describe a paravertebral venous cement leak resulting in the deposition of a cement cast in the inferior vena cava and successful retrieval of the cement embolus.
- Suprarenal inferior vena cava filters: a 20-year single-center experienceSanjeeva P Kalva
Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 19:1041-7. 2008To assess the clinical safety and efficacy of suprarenal inferior vena cava (IVC) filters during long-term follow-up.
- Surgical challenges in the treatment of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: analysis of two cases and brief review of the literatureMaria A Kyriazi
2nd Department of Surgery, Aretaieion Hospital, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
Ann Vasc Surg 24:826.e13-7. 2010Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is a rare tumor of mesenchymal origin. Optimal treatment should include complete resection of the malignant lesion with preservation of venous return...
- Ultrasonographic diagnosis of cardiac tamponade in trauma patients using collapsibility index of inferior vena cavaS A Nabavizadeh
Acad Radiol 14:505-6. 2007
- Inferior vena cava filter use in pregnancy: preliminary experienceS Gupta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Hull Royal Infirmary, Hull, UK
BJOG 115:785-8. 2008Thromboembolism is the most common direct cause of maternal mortality in the UK. Inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement is indicated in conditions where recurrent thromboembolism occurs despite adequate anticoagulation or when ..
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: a case reportEduardo Crema
Department of Surgery, Universidade Federal do Triangulo Mineiro, Uberaba, MG, Brasil
Angiology 59:256-9. 2008Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava is an extremely rare tumor that is characterized by a poor prognosis and nonspecific symptoms, a fact that may delay the diagnosis for several years...
- Inferior vena cava filter placement for pulmonary embolism risk reduction in super morbidly obese undergoing bariatric surgeryChrista M Trigilio-Black
Department of Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 3280, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 3:461-4. 2007Pulmonary embolism (PE) is a leading cause of mortality after bariatric surgery. We evaluated inferior vena cava (IVC) filter use for PE risk reduction in high-risk super morbidly obese bariatric surgery patients.
- Prognostic value of renal vein and inferior vena cava involvement in renal cell carcinomaBernd Wagner
Department of Urology, Strasbourg University Hospital, Nouvel Hopital Civil, Strasbourg, France
Eur Urol 55:452-9. 2009..The prognostic significance of venous tumor thrombus extension in patients with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a matter of many controversies in the current literature...
- The mechanism of phenylephrine-mediated [Ca(2+)](i) oscillations underlying tonic contraction in the rabbit inferior vena cavaC H Lee
Vancouver Vascular Biology Research Center, University of British Columbia, St Paul's Hospital, Room 292, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6Z 1Y6
J Physiol 534:641-50. 2001..Confocal imaging was used to observe [Ca(2+)](i) in individual VSMCs of intact inferior vena cava (IVC) from rabbits. 2...
- Amoebic liver abscesses complicated by inferior vena cava and right atrium thrombusSadaf Khan
Aga Khan University, Stadium Road, POB 3500, Karachi 74800, Pakistan
Trop Doct 39:177-80. 2009..We present a case of multiple, large amoebic liver abscesses, that were complicated by thrombus formation in the inferior vena cava extending to the right atrium, requiring surgical removal.
- Radiofrequency catheter ablation of an accessory pathway through an anomalous inferior vena cava with azygos continuationJose Maria Guerra Ramos
Department of Cardiology, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Av Vall d Hebron 119 129, Barcelona 08035, Spain
Europace 6:134-7. 2004A 59-year-old man with Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome and an infrahepatic interruption of his inferior vena cava with an azygos continuation underwent a successful ablation of a right anteroseptal accessory pathway with a femoral approach ..
- Inferior vena cava syndrome following percutaneous vertebroplasty with polymethylmethacrylateFeng Chen Kao
Department of Orthopaedics, E Dal Hospital I Shou University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 33:E329-33. 2008A case of inferior vena cava syndrome following percutaneous vertebroplasty is described herein.
- Where there is blood, there is a way: unusual collateral vessels in superior and inferior vena cava obstructionSangita Kapur
Department of Radiology, University of Cincinnati Medical Center, 234 Goodman Street, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0761, USA
Radiographics 30:67-78. 2010Obstruction of the superior vena cava (SVC) or inferior vena cava (IVC) is most commonly an acquired condition, typically caused by malignancy, benign conditions such as mediastinal fibrosis, and iatrogenic causes such as venous ..
- Retroperitoneoscopic live donor nephrectomy in a patient with a double inferior vena cavaJiri P J Fronek
Renal Transplant Unit, St George s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 16:378-80. 2006Vascular anomalies are considered a contraindication for laparoscopic live donor nephrectomy. We report a successful hand-assisted retroperitoneoscopic live donor nephrectomy from a donor with a double inferior vena cava.
- Use of inferior vena cava filters in thromboembolic disease during labor: case report with a literature reviewP Jamjute
Royal Shrewsbury Hospital, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England, UK
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 19:741-4. 2006..b>Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) filters can be used in cases of documented pulmonary embolism (PE) where anticoagulation is ..
- Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome with hemimegalencephaly, retroperitoneal lymphangioma and double inferior vena cavaS Vurucu
Departments of Pediatric Neurology, Gulhane Military Medical School, Ankara, Turkey
Br J Radiol 82:e102-4. 2009..to findings consistent with KTS, we also found hemimegalencephaly, retroperitoneal lymphangioma and double inferior vena cava. All of these associations in the same patient with KTS are unique in the English literature...
- Clinical relevance of retrograde inferior vena cava or hepatic vein opacification during contrast-enhanced CTBenjamin M Yeh
Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 521 Parnassus Avenue, Rm C 324C, Box 0628, San Francisco, CA 94143 0628, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 183:1227-32. 2004The purpose of this investigation was to explore the clinical relevance of retrograde inferior vena cava or hepatic vein opacification during contrast-enhanced CT.
- Surgery insight: management of renal cell carcinoma with associated inferior vena cava thrombusR Jeffrey Karnes
Department of Urology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Nat Clin Pract Urol 5:329-39. 2008Renal cell carcinoma with inferior vena cava thrombus can be a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge; however, the surgical resection of these tumors can be facilitated by appropriate preoperative imaging and planning...
- Thrombogenesis with continuous blood flow in the inferior vena cava. A novel mouse modelJose A Diaz
Department of Surgery, Section of Vascular Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0654, USA
Thromb Haemost 104:366-75. 2010..An electrolytic inferior vena cava (IVC) model (EIM) was used...
- Medium-term outcomes of Kawashima and completion Fontan palliation in single-ventricle heart disease with heterotaxy and interrupted inferior vena cavaShelby Kutty
University of Nebraska Creighton University Joint Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Children s Hospital and Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 90:1609-13. 2010..We investigated medium-term outcomes in single-ventricle heart disease palliated with a Kawashima procedure (KP) compared with matched patients who had a standard Fontan procedure (FP)...
- Endovascular treatment of an aortic aneurysm ruptured into the inferior vena cavaT Umscheid
Städtische Kliniken Frankfurt Höchst, Frankfurt, Germany
J Endovasc Ther 7:31-5. 2000To report the endovascular repair of a rare abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) rupture into the inferior vena cava.
- Obtaining cuff of inferior vena cava by use of the Endo-TA stapler in retroperitoneoscopic right-side donor nephrectomyPranjal Modi
Department of Urology, Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centre and Institute of Transplantation Sciences, Civil Hospital Campus, Ahmedabad, India
Urology 69:832-4. 2007To determine the feasibility of obtaining an adequate cuff of the inferior vena cava (IVC) for vascular anastomosis during retroperitoneoscopic donor nephrectomy.
- Obliterative hepatocavopathy-inferior vena cava thrombosis at its hepatic portionKunio Okuda
First Department of Medicine, Chiba University Hospital, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba, Japan 260 8677
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 1:499-509. 2002Budd-Chiari syndrome was formerly described as hepatic vein thrombosis within the liver, but it now includes inferior vena cava (IVC) thrombosis and other conditions that cause hepatic vein outflow obstruction...
- Surgical management, complications, and outcome of radical nephrectomy with inferior vena cava tumor thrombectomy facilitated by vascular bypassCandace F Granberg
Department of Urology, Mayo Medical School and Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Urology 72:148-52. 2008..The indications and results for venovenous bypass (VVB) versus cardiopulmonary bypass (CPB) were reviewed as well...
- Epidural venous enlargements presenting with intractable lower back pain and sciatica in a patient with absence of the infrarenal inferior vena cava and bilateral deep venous thrombosisOliver Dudeck
Department of Radiology, Charite, Campus Buch, Berlin, Germany
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:E688-91. 2007..Case report...
- Extrahepatic collateral artery supply to the tumor thrombi of hepatocellular carcinoma invading inferior vena cava: the prevalence and determinant factorsIn Joon Lee
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:22-9. 2009To retrospectively evaluate the prevalence of extrahepatic collateral artery supply to tumor thrombi of hepatocellular carcinomas (HCCs) invading the inferior vena cava (IVC) and to assess the determining factors.
- Endoluminal occlusion of the inferior vena cava in renal cell carcinoma with retro- or suprahepatic caval thrombusLaurent Zini
Department of Urology, Lille Regional University Teaching Hospital CHRU, Lille, France
BJU Int 97:1216-20. 2006To evaluate endoluminal occlusion of the inferior vena cava (IVC) during surgical treatment of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) with either retrohepatic (level II) or suprahepatic (level III) caval tumour thrombus.
- Metastatic tumor extending through the inferior vena cava into the right atrium: a case report of carcinoma of the uterine cervix with para-aortic lymph node metastasesY Nakao
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Faculty of Medicine, Saga Medical School, Saga, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 16:914-6. 2006..However, an intraatrial tumor extending through the inferior vena cava (IVC) from the site of para-aortic lymph node metastasis has never been reported...
- Prenatal thrombosis of the inferior vena cava and the renal veinsNoam Smorgick
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Assaf Harofe Medical Center, Zerifin, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Prenat Diagn 27:603-7. 2007This manuscript discusses the clinical presentation, diagnosis, pathophysiology and possible etiologies of prenatal thrombosis of the inferior vena cava and renal veins.
- Left trisegmentectomy and combined resection of the inferior vena cava, without reconstruction, for giant cystadenocarcinoma of the liverRyohei Miyata
Department of Surgery, Keio University School of Medicine, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 12:272-6. 2005..woman with giant liver cystadenocarcinoma underwent left trisegmentectomy with combined resection of the inferior vena cava (IVC) and the right hepatic vein...
- Compression of left inferior vena cava: a form of nutcracker syndromeSuat Fitoz
Department of Radiology, Ankara University, School of Medicine, Ibn i Sina Hospital, 06100, Sihhiye, Ankara
J Clin Ultrasound 36:101-4. 2008Left renal vein hypertension has been described in the literature as a cause of persistent hematuria. We report a case of nutcracker syndrome with hematuria involving the left inferior vena cava diagnosed with Doppler sonography and MRI.
- Colonic duplication associated with anterior spinal bar and left-sided inferior vena cavaKongkrit Chaiyasate
Department of Surgery, Providence Hospital and Medical Centers, Southfield, Mich 48075, USA
Surgery 141:823-5. 2007
- Congenitally interrupted inferior vena cava without other features of the heterotaxy syndrome: report of five cases and characterization of a rare entityUlrike Bartram
University Children s Hospital Giessen, Feulgenstrasse 12, Giessen, Germany
Pediatr Dev Pathol 11:266-73. 2008Congenital interruption of the inferior vena cava (IVC) due to absence of its hepatic segment is usually found in patients with polysplenia...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the retrohepatic portion of the inferior vena cava: clinical presentation and surgical management in five patientsJean Hardwigsen
Department of Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Hopital de la Conception, 147 Boulevard Baille, 13385 Marseilles Cedex 5, France
J Am Coll Surg 200:57-63. 2005Leiomyosarcoma (LMS) is a rare primary soft tissue sarcoma arising from the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Vena cava filters and inferior vena cava thrombosisMatthew A Corriere
Division of Surgical Sciences, Section on Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:789-94. 2007..However, unlike permanent vena cava filters (P-VCF), outcomes data are limited regarding complication rates...
- Acute pulmonary embolism as the first manifestation of hepatocellular carcinoma complicated with tumor thrombi in the inferior vena cava: surgery or not?Hsuan Hwai Lin
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Tri Service General Hospital, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Dig Dis Sci 52:1554-7. 2007
- Detection and correction of anterior or posterior tilting of the Günther-Tulip filter in the inferior vena cava and correction by repositioning: a phantom study and preliminary clinical experiencesTae Seok Seo
Department of Radiology, Guro Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 80 Guro dong, Guro Gu, Seoul 152 703, Republic of Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:427-36. 2007....
- Combined anomaly of the right hepatic lobe agenesis and absence of the inferior vena cava: a case reportHee Jung Suh
Department of Radiology, Seoul Veterans Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Korean J Radiol 9:S61-4. 2008The absence of the inferior vena cava is an uncommon congenital anomaly that has recently been identified as an important risk factor contributing to the development of deep venous thrombosis...
- Clear cell sarcoma of the kidney with invasion of the inferior vena cavaD Rosso
Department of Urology, University of Turin, Corso A M Dogliotti 14, I 10126 Turin, Italy
Urol Int 70:251-2. 2003..We present a case of clear cell sarcoma of the kidney (CCSK) in 53-year-old white man who was treated with surgery. This case represents the oldest patient with CCSK published in the English literature...
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumor of the kidney with inferior vena cava tumor thrombusLiling Zhang
Cancer Center, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
J Natl Med Assoc 101:1291-4. 2009..We report the case of a 41-year-old man with a PNET arising from the kidney with inferior vena cava thrombus. This case was presumptively diagnosed of renal cell carcinoma prior to surgery...
- Superior approach for radiofrequency ablation of atrio-ventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia in a patient with anomalous inferior vena cava and azygos continuationRodrigo Miranda
Division of Cardiology Arrhythmia Service, Kingston General Hospital, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Europace 12:908-9. 2010..During placement of diagnostic catheters, an interruption of the inferior vena cava was suspected...
- Deep venous thrombosis caused by inferior vena cava atresia and hereditary thrombophiliaShelonitda S Rose
Division of Hematology, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Am J Med Sci 337:67-70. 2009b>Inferior vena cava (IVC) atresia is a risk factor for deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in young patients...
- Deep venous thrombosis caused by congenital malformation of the inferior vena cava and heterozygous factor V leiden presenting as venous claudicationGary Fass
Department of Emergency, Brugmann University Hospital, Brussels, Belgium
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 15:591-5. 2009A case of an 18-year-old man with deep venous thrombosis of the lower limbs caused by hypoplasia of the inferior vena cava in combination with heterozygous factor V Leiden is presented...
- Techniques used for difficult retrievals of the Günther Tulip inferior vena cava filter: experience in 32 patientsThuong G Van Ha
Department of Radiology, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 20:92-9. 2009..To retrospectively review experience with difficult retrievals of Günther Tulip filters (GTFs) in which various techniques were used...
- Deep venous thrombosis caused by congenital absence of the inferior vena cava: report of a caseYuka Kondo
Division of Cardiovascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Fujita Health University, Aichi, Japan
Surg Today 39:231-4. 2009Although anomalies of the inferior vena cava (IVC) are seen frequently in a clinical setting, congenital absence of the IVC (AIVC) is rare...
- Protective effect of N-acetyl-L-cysteine on the renal failure induced by inferior vena cava occlusionM G Salom
Departamento de Fisiologia y Farmacologia, Facultad de Medicina, Murcia, Spain
Transplantation 65:1315-21. 1998Renal ischemia is produced during orthotopic liver transplantation when the inferior vena cava is clamped above the renal veins (inferior vena cava occlusion [IVCO]), and it often leads to postoperative renal failure...
- Prognostic significance of tumor thrombus level in patients with renal cell carcinoma and venous tumor thrombus extension. Is all T3b the same?Alireza Moinzadeh
Department of Urology, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
J Urol 171:598-601. 2004..Does the level of thrombus in the inferior vena cava (IVC) impact long-term survival? Is there a difference in long-term survival when tumor thrombus is in the ..
- Inferior vena cava thrombosis in young adults--a review of two casesBarry J McAree
Departments of Vascular, Belfast City Hospital, Lisburn Road, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland
Ulster Med J 78:129-33. 2009..Young patients presenting with symptoms of DVT should be investigated not only to establish any thrombophilic pre-disposition, but to ascertain the proximal extent of thrombus which may itself influence treatment...
- Liver transplantation with preservation of the inferior vena cava. A comparison of conventional and piggyback techniques in adultsShungo Miyamoto
Division of Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation, Department of Surgery, Groningen University Hospital, Hanzeplein 1, Groningen, The Netherlands
Clin Transplant 18:686-93. 2004..In the PB-ES group there seems to be no advantage for any of the revascularization protocols...
- Primary leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: reports of infrarenal and suprahepatic caval involvementMichael N Tameo
Section of Vascular Surgery, Pennsylvania Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Vasc Surg 51:221-4. 2010We report two cases of primary inferior vena cava (IVC) leiomyosarcoma. The first patient was a 60-year-old female who presented with abdominal pain...
- Eustachian valve endocarditis: Is it worth searching for?J A San Roman
Institute of Heart Sciences ICICOR, Hospital Universitario, Valladolid, Spain
Am Heart J 142:1037-40. 2001..Whether the eustachian valve is an uncommon site for a vegetation to be attached or whether the disease is missed because a systematic approach to this valve is not routinely performed in the search for vegetations is not known...
- Epidural venous plexus enlargements presenting with radiculopathy and back pain in patients with inferior vena cava obstruction or occlusionYahya Paksoy
Ultra Görüntüleme Merkezi, Konya, Turkey
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:2419-24. 2004..All of these patients had inferior vena caval obstruction or occlusion that caused engorgement in the epidural and paravertebral venous system, causing nerve root compression...
- Volume associated dynamic geometry and spatial orientation of the inferior vena cavaErin H Murphy
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
J Vasc Surg 50:835-42; discussion 842-3. 2009..The purpose of this study is to quantitate the dimensional changes that occur in the infrarenal inferior vena cava (IVC), in response to changes in intravascular volume.
- Eustachian valve endocarditis: a case series and analysis of the literatureN Sawhney
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, University of California-San Diego, School of Medicine and UCSD Medical Center, 200 W. Arbor Street #8411, San Diego, CA 92103-8411, USA
J Am Soc Echocardiogr 14:1139-42. 2001..In general, EVE responds well to conventional antibiotic therapy...
- FDG uptake in inferior vena cava tumor thrombus from renal cell carcinoma on positron emission tomographyAlecia W Sizemore
Department of Internal Medicine Medical Education, Kettering Medical Center, Kettering, OH, USA
Clin Nucl Med 32:309-11. 2007
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava: three case reports and review of the literatureNicholaus J Hilliard
Department of Pathology at University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35233 6823, USA
Ann Diagn Pathol 9:259-66. 2005We describe 3 cases of leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cava (IVC) and review the literature describing clinicopathologic features of 211 cases and the outcome. Of these, 74% of the cases affected women with median age of 52 years...
- Extracorporeal repair and liver autotransplantation after total avulsion of hepatic veins and retrohepatic inferior vena cava injury secondary to blunt abdominal traumaUgo Boggi
Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e Trapianti, Universita di Pisa, Pisa, Italy
J Trauma 60:405-6. 2006
- Primary Gianturco stent placement for inferior vena cava abnormalities following liver transplantationS M Weeks
Department of Radiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7510, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 11:177-87. 2000..To determine the efficacy of primary Gianturco stent placement for patients with inferior vena caval (IVC) abnormalities following liver transplantation...
- Anatomical structure of the isthmus between the inferior vena cava and tricuspid annulus investigated with a three-dimensional electroanatomical mapping systemRyoichi Kubo
Department of Cardiology, The Heart Institute of Japan, Tokyo Women s Medical University, 8 1 Kawada cho, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 162 8666, Japan
Heart Vessels 20:50-5. 2005We studied the anatomical structure of the isthmus between the inferior vena cava and tricuspid annulus in humans with a three-dimensional electroanatomical mapping system (CARTO, Biosense, Haifa, Israel)...
- Postpartal deep-vein thrombosis revealing agenesis of the inferior vena cavaMarcela Ilijic
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 131:235-6. 2007
- Typical atrial flutter ablation: conduction across the posterior region of the inferior vena cava orifice may mimic unidirectional isthmus blockM Scaglione
Division of Cardiology, Civil Hospital, Asti, Italy
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 11:387-95. 2000The aim of this study was to map the low right atrium before and after radiofrequency ablation of the inferior vena cava-tricuspid annulus (IVC-TA) isthmus in patients with typical atrial flutter (AFI) to better understand the ..
- IVC CLAMP: infrahepatic inferior vena cava clamping during hepatectomy--a randomised controlled trial in an interdisciplinary settingNuh N Rahbari
Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery, University of Heidelberg, Germany
Trials 10:94. 2009..The present randomised controlled trial evaluates efficacy and safety of infrahepatic inferior vena cava (IVC) clamping as an alternative surgical technique to reduce CVP during hepatic resection.
- Surgical reconstruction of iliofemoral veins and the inferior vena cava for nonmalignant occlusive diseaseC J Jost
Division of Vascular Surgery, The Department of Diagnostic Radiology, and the Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:320-7; discussion 327-8. 2001..The Palma procedure with autologous saphenous vein had the best long-term patency, whereas long-term success with ePTFE was moderate. The use of an arteriovenous fistula to improve graft patency remains controversial...
- Leiomyosarcoma of the inferior vena cavaMeltem Ceyhan
Department of Radiology, Ondokuz Mayis University School of Medicine, Samsun, Turkey
Diagn Interv Radiol 13:140-3. 2007Primary vascular leiomyosarcoma is a rare tumor, which arises mainly from the inferior vena cava. Clinical signs are non-specific. Systemic metastasis occurs in the late stage...
- Inferior vena cava agenesia and a massive bilateral iliofemoral venous thrombosisZeljko Vucicevic
Department of Emergency Medicine, Sestre Milosrdnice University Hospital, Vinogradska cesta 29, Zagreb, Croatia com hr
Angiology 59:510-3. 2008The absence of the inferior vena cava is a rare congenital anomaly and represents a modest risk for deep-venous thrombosis. When associated with genetic polymorphism or other hypercoagulable states, the risk can increase several times...
- Combined resection of the liver and inferior vena cava for hepatic malignancyAlan W Hemming
Department of Surgery, Center for Hepatobiliary Diseases, PO Box 100286, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0286, USA
Ann Surg 239:712-9; discussion 719-21. 2004The objective of this paper is to review the results of combined resection of the liver and inferior vena cava for hepatic malignancy...
- Handcarried ultrasound measurement of the inferior vena cava for assessment of intravascular volume status in the outpatient hemodialysis clinicJ Matthew Brennan
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 1:749-53. 2006..assessed dry weight is a poor surrogate of intravascular volume; however, ultrasound assessment of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is an effective tool for volume management...
- Early ligation of the renal artery using the posterior approach: a basic surgical concept reinforced during resection of large hypervascular renal cell carcinoma with or without inferior vena cava thrombusG Ciancio
Department of Surgery, Division of Transplantation, University of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, Florida 33101, USA
BJU Int 92:488-9. 2003
- Combined replacement of infrarenal aorta and inferior vena cava after en bloc resection of retroperitoneal extraosseous osteosarcomaJoseph R Schneider
Vascular and Interventional Program of Central DuPage Hospital, Winfield, Ill, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:478-9. 2008
- Low-grade endometrial stromal sarcoma with inferior vena cava tumor thrombus and intracardiac extension: radical resection may improve recurrence free survivalPietro Renzulli
Department of Visceral and Transplantation Surgery, Inselspital, Bern University Hospital, and University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Surg Oncol 18:57-64. 2009..We describe a patient with advanced low-grade ESS with tumor invasion of the infrarenal aorta and the inferior vena cava. The patient presented with a large tumor thrombus extending from the inferior vena cava into the right ..
- High prevalence of hepatitis B virus infection and inferior vena cava obstruction among patients with liver cirrhosis or hepatocellular carcinoma in NepalSantosh Man Shrestha
Liver Foundation Nepal, Sitapaela Height, Kathmandu, Nepal
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1921-8. 2007..distribution among patients with liver diseases in Nepal, where obstruction of the hepatic portion of the inferior vena cava (IVCO) is common...
- Ocular blood flow and intraocular pressure homeostasisJeffrey Kiel; Fiscal Year: 2007..The experiments will be performed in anesthetized rabbits instrumented with hydraulic occluders on the inferior vena cava and aorta to control mean arterial pressure (MAP), which will be measured via an arterial cannula...
- CHOROIDAL AUTOREGULATION AND OCULAR PRESSURE HOMEOSTASISJeffrey Kiel; Fiscal Year: 2003..The experiments will be performed in anesthetized rabbits instrumented with hydraulic occluders on the inferior vena cava and aorta to control mean arterial pressure (MAP) which will be measured via an arterial cannula...
- Subharmonic Microbubble Signals for Pressure EstimationFlemming Forsberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..e., pressure transducer) measurements in the inferior vena cava (IVC) of 5 canines...
- Optimizing Prophylaxis Against Venous Thromboembolism in Bariatric SurgeryNancy J Birkmeyer; Fiscal Year: 2010..Prophylactic strategies, including perioperative anticoagulation and inferior vena cava (IVC) filter placement, may reduce the risk of VTE and its sequelae...
- Investigating the Mechanisms of Vascular Neotissue Formation In Tissue EngineeredCHRISTOPHER KANE BREUER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have performed the first clinical trial evaluating the use of our TEVG as a conduit connecting the inferior vena cava to the pulmonary artery in children requiring modified Fontan surgery...
- Vessel Structure & Pressure:Transport and AtherogenesisDAVID RUMSCHITZKI; Fiscal Year: 2005..In particular, the pulmonary artery (PA) and the large veins such as the inferior vena cava and the saphenous vein are exposed to much lower transmural pressures than the large arteries and are ..
- Ex vivo venous gene delivery by pulsed electric-fieldsNagendu Dev; Fiscal Year: 2004..are: (1) to evaluate the efficiency of pulsed electric fields for ex vivo DNA transfer into cells of rat inferior vena cava and porcine saphenous vein, respectively...
- GENE THERAPY DEVICE FOR TREATMENT OF HEMOPHILIA BETADEBORAH BUFFINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2002..that is introducable and retractable via a percutaneous catheter insertion through the femoral vein into the inferior vena cava. The IVD may be used to deliver any desired compound via cell or gene therapy...
- Free Radicals Influence the Pathogenesis of Venous ThrombosisDaniel Myers; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thomas W. Wakefield and members of my research advisory committee. The second phase of this grant will focus on completion of the specific aims of the grant and allow for the candidate to develop independent areas of research. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2007..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Vein wall remodeling after DVT is matrix metalloproteinase dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2009..This proposal will provide important mechanistic insight into the pathophysiology of post-phelbitic syndrome with real potential translation to decreasing the morbidity from this under-acknowledged disease. ..
- Percutaneous MR Guided Creation of a Meso-Caval ShuntAravind Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Arterial baroreceptor unloading causes hypertensionTERRY THRASHER; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies will provide a new framework for understanding the development and maintenance of hypertension. ..
- Thrombus resolution is CXC chemokine dependentPeter Henke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Chitosan hemostatic device for laparoscopic applicationsHua Xie; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- PROSPECTIVE INVESTIGATION OF PULMONARY EMBOLISM DX-IIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..4) The team of investigators is strong, and has collaborated previously in successful research in PE. ..
- Vascular Mechanisms in Pregnancy-Induced HypertensionRAOUF KHALIL; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Prospective Investigation for Pulmonary Embolism Dx IIIPaul Stein; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Vascular Mechanisms in Pregnancy-Induced HypertensionRAOUF KHALIL; Fiscal Year: 2005..The increased vascular smooth muscle reactivity occurs as a result of increased sensitivity of vascular smooth muscle to vasoconstrictors leading to increased ..
- Vascular Protective Role of Endothelin B ReceptorsRAOUF KHALIL; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..