Genomes and Genes
Summary: A vein on either side of the body which is formed by the union of the external and internal iliac veins and passes upward to join with its fellow of the opposite side to form the inferior vena cava.
Publications196 found, 100 shown here
- Iliac compression syndrome and recanalization of femoropopliteal and iliac venous thrombosis: a prospective study with magnetic resonance venographyDouglas G W Fraser
Department of Cardiology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
J Vasc Surg 40:612-9. 2004Poor iliac vein recanalization has been associated with compression of the left common iliac vein by the right common iliac artery (RCIA/LCIV compression); however, this finding has been difficult to confirm...
- Mid-term results of endovascular treatment for symptomatic chronic nonmalignant iliocaval venous occlusive diseaseOlivier Hartung
Service de Chirurgie Vasculaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
J Vasc Surg 42:1138-44; discussion 1144. 2005..The goal of this article is to present clinical and patency results of endovascular treatment of nonmalignant, iliocaval venous obstructive disease and to discuss the evolution of technical details...
- Chronic iliac vein occlusion: midterm results of endovascular recanalizationTilo Kölbel
Vascular Center, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
J Endovasc Ther 16:483-91. 2009To evaluate patency and clinical outcome in patients treated with endovascular recanalization and stent placement for chronic iliac vein occlusions.
- Stents in common iliac vein obstruction with acute ipsilateral deep venous thrombosis: early and late resultsHyo-Sung Kwak
Department of Radiology, Chonbuk National University Medical School, 634-18 Keumam Dong, Chonju 560-182, South Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:815-22. 2005..by imaging and clinical follow-up, the effectiveness and long-term results of stent placement in cases of common iliac vein obstruction associated with ipsilateral deep vein thrombosis (DVT)...
- Endovascular management of acute extensive iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis caused by May-Thurner syndromeN H Patel
Department of Radiology, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 11:1297-302. 2000..The authors report their experience on the treatment of acute extensive iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis (DVT) due to May-Thurner syndrome using endovascular techniques...
- Spontaneous rupture of the left external iliac veinTae Won Kwon
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 45:174-6. 2004Recently, we have experienced a case of spontaneous rupture of the left iliac vein in a 62-year-old woman, who had been suffering from hemiparesis and chronic constipation...
- Diagnosis and management of iliac vein compression syndromeNancy D Shebel
University of Southern California University Hospital, Center for Vascular Care, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
J Vasc Nurs 23:10-7; quiz 18-9. 2005b>Iliac vein compression syndrome (IVCS) is the most probable cause of iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis (DVT)...
- [Four years followup of complicated Cockett syndrome treated by iliac vein endoprosthesis]E Tatou
Service de chirurgie cardiovasculaire, CHU du Bocage, 2, boulevard de Lattre de Tassigny, BP 1542, 21034 Dijon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 95:167-70. 2002The purpose of this study was to check the long-term patency of the left common iliac vein endoprosthesis in Cockett syndrome and to confirm this appropriate etiological treatment in complicated cases...
- Percutaneous recanalization of total occlusions of the iliac veinSeshadri Raju
University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Miss, USA
J Vasc Surg 50:360-8. 2009..Routine applicability of this technique in a wide spectrum of lesions and patients, stent patency, and clinical outcome forms the basis of this presentation...
- A spontaneous rupture of the external iliac vein revealed as a phlegmasia cerulea dolens with acute lower limb ischemia: Case report and review of the literatureSaed Jazayeri
Service de chirurgie Cardio Vasculaire et d angiologie CHU de Dijon, 2 Boulevard Marechal de Lattre de Tassigny, BP 1542, 20134 Dijon, France
J Vasc Surg 35:999-1002. 2002We reported a case in a previously healthy 45-year-old woman of spontaneous rupture of the left external iliac vein, which was revealed as a phlegmasia cerulea dolens with acute lower limb ischemia...
- Endovascular management of chronic disabling ilio-caval obstructive lesions: long-term resultsO Hartung
Department of Vascular Surgery, CHU Nord, Marseille, France
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 38:118-24. 2009..To report the long-term results of stenting for chronic ilio-caval obstructive lesions...
- Surgical thrombectomy followed by intraoperative endovascular reconstruction for symptomatic ilio-femoral venous thrombosisM H M Schwarzbach
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 29:58-66. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of surgical thrombectomy combined with endovascular reconstruction for acute ilio-femoral/caval venous thrombosis...
- Endovascular treatment for iliac vein compression syndrome: a comparison between the presence and absence of secondary thrombosisWen Sheng Lou
Department of Interventional Radiology, Nanjing First Hospital, China, Affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210006, China
Korean J Radiol 10:135-43. 2009To evaluate the value of early identification and endovascular treatment of iliac vein compression syndrome (IVCS), with or without deep vein thrombosis (DVT).
- Bullet embolization from the left internal iliac vein to the right ventricleRobert Kalimi
Department of Cardiovascular-Thoracic Surgery, Rush Presbyterian-St. Lukes Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612-3864, USA
J Trauma 52:772-4. 2002
- Iliac vein compression syndrome: outcome of endovascular treatment with long-term follow-upLevent Oguzkurt
Department of Radiology, Baskent University Faculty of Medicine, Ankara, Turkey
Eur J Radiol 68:487-92. 2008To retrospectively evaluate technical success and long-term outcome of endovascular treatment in patients with iliofemoral deep vein thrombosis (DVT) due to iliac vein compression syndrome (IVCS).
- Stenting of the venous outflow in chronic venous disease: long-term stent-related outcome, clinical, and hemodynamic resultPeter Neglen
River Oaks Hospital, Jackson, MS, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:979-990. 2007..Data sets are now available to perform long-term analysis of stent-related outcome and clinical and hemodynamic results of this intervention...
- Late results of surgical venous thrombectomy with iliocaval stentingOlivier Hartung
Service de Chirurgie Vasculaire, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Nord, Marseille, France
J Vasc Surg 47:381-7. 2008b>Iliac vein occlusive disease leads to 73% of rethrombosis that occurs after venous thrombectomy when left untreated...
- Endovascular management of iliac vein occlusive diseaseEric J Ley
Division of Vascular Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 18:228-33. 2004b>Iliac vein occlusive disease presents with either acute or chronic symptoms, both of which can be managed with endovascular techniques...
- Intravenous leiomyomatosis with extension to the heart: echocardiographic features: a case reportBer Ren Fang
Division of Cardiology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, and Chang Gung University, College of Medicine, Taiwan, Republic of China
Angiology 58:376-9. 2007..resonance imaging performed on the eighth postoperative day revealed an intravascular mass from the right common iliac vein to the upper abdominal inferior vena cava...
- Surgical reconstruction of iliofemoral veins and the inferior vena cava for nonmalignant occlusive diseaseC J Jost
Division of Vascular Surgery, The Department of Diagnostic Radiology, and the Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:320-7; discussion 327-8. 2001..The Palma procedure with autologous saphenous vein had the best long-term patency, whereas long-term success with ePTFE was moderate. The use of an arteriovenous fistula to improve graft patency remains controversial...
- [A case of portal-systemic shunt-through inferior mesenteric vein and right internal iliac vein-encephalopathy cured by balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration]Kaori Shimizu
Department of Internal Medicine, Japanese Red Cross Nagasaki Genbaku Hospital, Japan
Nihon Shokakibyo Gakkai Zasshi 106:1764-9. 2009..computed tomography showed a portosystemic shunt through the inferior mesenteric vein and right internal iliac vein. We diagnosed hepatic encephalopathy due to this porto-systemic shunt, and B-RTO was performed...
- Adventitial cystic disease of the external iliac vein presenting with deep venous thrombosis. A case reportAntonios P Gasparis
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital, NY, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 38:273-6. 2004..Thrombolysis revealed smooth luminal defects of the external iliac vein, which prompted surgical exploration...
- Venous outflow obstruction: An underestimated contributor to chronic venous diseasePeter Neglen
River Oaks Hospital, Flowood, MS 39232, USA
J Vasc Surg 38:879-85. 2003....
- High prevalence of nonthrombotic iliac vein lesions in chronic venous disease: a permissive role in pathogenicitySeshadri Raju
University of Mississippi Medical Center, River Oaks Hospital, Flowood, MS 39232, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:136-43; discussion 144. 2006Nonthrombotic iliac vein lesions (NIVL), such as webs and spurs described by May and Thurner, are commonly found in the asymptomatic general population...
- Venous claudication in iliofemoral thrombosis: long-term effects on venous hemodynamics, clinical status, and quality of lifeKonstantinos T Delis
St Mary s Hospital, Imperial College, Academic Vascular Surgery, London, UK
Ann Surg 239:118-26. 2004..We evaluated the long-term impact of iliofemoral thrombosis (I-FDVT) on walking capacity, venous hemodynamic status, CEAP class, venous clinical severity, and quality of life, and determined the prevalence of venous claudication...
- Iliac vein stenting for chronic venous insufficiencyFiras F Mussa
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 34:60-6. 2007..We conclude that endovenous stenting is the current method of choice in the treatment of chronic venous obstruction...
- Stenting of common iliac vein obstructions combined with regional thrombolysis and thrombectomy in acute deep vein thrombosisM J Husmann
Swiss Cardiovascular Center, University Hospital Bern, Switzerland
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 34:87-91. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of stent placement after infrainguinal loco-regional thrombolysis and iliac thrombectomy (surgical TT) of acute deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in patients with May-Thurner-Syndrome...
- Percutaneous treatment of deep vein thrombosis in May-Thurner syndromeJong-Youn Kim
Cardiology Division, Yonsei Cardiovascular Center and Cardiovascular Research Institute, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon-dong, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul 120-752, Korea
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:571-5. 2006BACKGROUND/PURPOSE: May-Thurner syndrome is an uncommon disease entity in which the left common iliac vein is compressed by the right common iliac artery with subsequent development of deep vein thrombosis and chronic venous insufficiency...
- Iliac vein injuries in hemodynamically unstable patients with pelvic fracture caused by blunt traumaYuichi Kataoka
Department of Emergency and Critical Care Medicine, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Kanagawa, Japan
J Trauma 58:704-8; discussion 708-10. 2005..This study aimed to elucidate the clinical significance of iliac vein injuries demonstrated by venography in patients with blunt pelvic injuries who remained unstable even after ..
- Femoral and iliac vein stenoses after prolonged femoral vein catheter insertionWaclaw Weyde
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation Medicine, Wroclaw University of Medicine, Poland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:1618-21. 2004..27 years). The time of catheter maintenance ranged from 2 to 16 weeks (average 6.4+/-4.2 weeks). Femoral and iliac vein status was evaluated using magnetic resonance imaging...
- Iliac vein compression in an asymptomatic patient populationMelina R Kibbe
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Ill, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:937-43. 2004..anatomic variant that is associated with the development of symptomatic acute venous thrombosis of the left iliac vein. However, the natural frequency of compression of the left iliac vein and its clinical significance in ..
- Transvenous embolization and stent placement for an internal iliac arteriovenous fistula with central iliac vein occlusionSaim Yilmaz
Department of Radiology, Akdeniz University School of Medicine, Arapsuyu 07070, Antalya, Turkey
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:399-404. 2004..Because the arterial route was eliminated at previous surgery, the fistula and venous occlusion were percutaneously treated via a transvenous approach...
- Deep venous thrombosis associated with protein C and/or S deficiency: management with catheter-directed thrombolysisY P Cho
Department of Surgery and Diagnostic Radiology, Gangneung Asan Hospital, 415 Bangdong-ri, Sacheon-myeon, Gangneung, Republic of Korea
Br J Radiol 76:380-4. 2003..In one patient in whom recanalization of a right iliac vein occlusion was successful, thrombosis occurred in the treated vein within 3 weeks of intervention despite full ..
- Retroperitoneoscopic donor nephrectomy for retroaortic renal vein draining into left common iliac veinPranjal Modi
Institute of Kidney Diseases and Research Centre, Ahmedabad, India
Urology 71:964-6. 2008..LDN for left retroaortic vein draining into the common iliac vein (CIV) is not described previously...
- [Pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis in the inferior vena cava affected by a rare anomaly]J Rudolph
Klinik für Gefässchirurgie und Nierentransplantation, Universitatsklinikum Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf
Chirurg 78:757-60. 2007..After thrombectomy the course was uneventful. The diagnostic approach and the treatment strategy are discussed with reference to the literature...
- Extensive bilateral iliofemoral and inferior vena cava thrombosis following caesarean sectionS Pankaja
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Southern General Hospital, Glasgow, Scotland, UK
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:820-1. 2006
- Suprainguinal deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism--common but often silentFrank Padberg
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, USA
J Vasc Surg 37:1129-30. 2003
- Congenital absence of the inferior vena cava: a rare risk factor for idiopathic deep-vein thrombosisRoger W Simon
Angiology Division, Institut of Diagnostic Radiology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Vasc Surg 44:416. 2006
- Inferior vena cava agenesia and a massive bilateral iliofemoral venous thrombosisZeljko Vucicevic
Department of Emergency Medicine, Sestre Milosrdnice University Hospital, Vinogradska cesta 29, Zagreb, Croatia com hr
Angiology 59:510-3. 2008..Because the patient had no other convincing and permanent risk factors for thrombosis, the lifelong anticoagulant therapy was not recommended...
- [Local thrombolysis for the treatment of patients with proximal deep vein thrombosis of the leg]Sivan Lieberman
Departments of Radiology, Internal Medicine and Vascular Surgery, Hadassah University Hospital, Ein-Kerem, Jerusalem, Israel
Harefuah 141:424-9, 499. 2002..Underlying venous stenoses should be dilated and stented if necessary. Early restoration of venous flow results in rapid clinical improvement and may prevent the future development of post thrombotic syndrome...
- Endovascular management of iliofemoral venous occlusive diseaseDouglas B Hood
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Surg Clin North Am 84:1381-96, viii. 2004New developments in the management of both acute and chronic iliac vein occlusive disease offer exciting options for the treatment of this often debilitating condition...
- [Iliofemoral and iliocaval interventions in deep venous thrombosis]P Haage
Klinik für Radiologische Diagnostik, Universitätsklinikum der RWTH Aachen
Rofo 177:670-80. 2005..Consequently, the radiologist can adopt an important role in the treatment of extensive venous disease. In this article, the treatment modalities concerning iliofemoral and iliocaval thrombosis are demonstrated and illustrated...
- Deep vein thrombosis due to spontaneous nontraumatic myositis ossificans: treatment with a venous stentYoung-Min Han
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 26:192-3. 2003
- Vascular ultrasound imaging to study immediate postcatheterization vascular complications in childrenSnehal Kulkarni
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Frontier Lifeline Dr K M Cherian Heart Foundation R 30 C, Ambattur Industrial Estate Road, Mogappair, Chennai 600102, India
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:450-5. 2006..Patients with prior thrombus or occlusion of femoral/iliac vein or artery due to previous cardiac catheterization were excluded from the study...
- May-Thurner Syndrome resulting in acute iliofemoral deep vein thrombosis in the postpartum periodKimberly D Zander
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado, USA
Obstet Gynecol 111:565-9. 2008..is a congenital anomaly of the right iliac artery, which causes an acquired narrowing defect in the left iliac vein. The artery abnormally compresses the vein causing intraluminal collagen deposition and sluggish venous flow...
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis with percutaneous rheolytic thrombectomy versus thrombolysis alone in upper and lower extremity deep vein thrombosisHyun S Kim
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 29:1003-7. 2006..To compare the efficacy of catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) alone versus CDT with rheolytic percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy (PMT) for upper and lower extremity deep vein thrombosis (DVT)...
- Combined regional thrombolysis and surgical thrombectomy for treatment of iliofemoral vein thrombosisWerner Blättler
Angio Bellaria Centre for Vascular Diseases, Zurich, Switzerland
J Vasc Surg 40:620-5. 2004..We combined thrombolysis, applied under ischemic conditions,with surgical thrombectomy to restore patency and valve function. The technique and the short-term and long-term results in 2 patient series are reported...
- Pitfalls in CT venography of lower limbs and abdominal veinsB Ghaye
All authors: Department of Medical Imaging, University Hospital Sart Tilman B35, B-4000 Liege, Belgium
AJR Am J Roentgenol 178:1465-71. 2002
- Long-term mortality in patients with thrombosis of the inferior vena cava, iliac and femoral veinsA M Fink
Department of Dermatology, Wilhelminenspital, Montleartstr 37, 1160 Vienna, Austria
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 31:200-3. 2006..To assess the long-term mortality in patients with thrombosis of the vena cava, iliac and femoral veins...
- Acute right lower extremity iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis secondary to an anomalous inferior vena cava: a report of two casesSteven M Dean
Noninvasive Peripheral Vascular Laboratory, Oklahoma Cardiovascular Associates Oklahoma Heart Hospital, 4050 W Memorial Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73120, USA
Vasc Med 11:165-9. 2006..In one patient, the inferior vena cava was congenitally absent and the right iliac vein was diffusely stenotic with a proximally located high-grade stricture...
- [Pelvic and leg venous thrombosis as a complication of percutaneous vertebroplasty]Günther J Kraus
Rofo 175:565-6. 2003
- Unusual case of right-sided May-Thurner syndrome and review of its managementRenee M Burke
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Emory University Hospital, Atlanta, GA, USA
Vascular 14:47-50. 2006May-Thurner syndrome is a phenomenon commonly described as an acquired stenosis of the left common iliac vein as a result of right common iliac artery compression...
- Chronic deep venous obstruction: definition, prevalence, diagnosis, managementPeter Neglen
River Oaks Hospital, Flowood, MI, USA
Phlebology 23:149-57. 2008..The beneficial clinical outcome occurs regardless of the presence of remaining reflux, adjunct saphenous procedures or aetiology of obstruction...
- Successful iliac vein and inferior vena cava stenting ameliorates venous claudication and improves venous outflow, calf muscle pump function, and clinical status in post-thrombotic syndromeKonstantinos T Delis
Department of Vascular Surgery, Gonda Vascular Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Ann Surg 245:130-9. 2007..These patients had previously failed to improve with conservative treatment entailing compression and/or wound care for at least 12 months...
- Mechanical thrombectomy of acute iliofemoral deep vein thrombosis with use of an Arrow-Trerotola percutaneous thrombectomy deviceKwang-Hun Lee
Department of Radiology, Kwandong University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 17:487-95. 2006..There were no major complications. Primary patency of the stent-implanted common iliac vein segment was achieved at 1 year in 17 of 20 patients (85%)...
- [Iliac vein compression syndrome, the "May Thurner Syndrome"]F Doenz
Service de Radiodiagnostic et de Radiologie Interventionnelle, Hôpital Universitaire de Lausanne
Praxis (Bern 1994) 95:460-3. 2006The May Thurner Syndrome is a thrombosis of the left iliac vein due to the compression of the common iliac vein by the right common iliac artery. This results in intimal wall changes of the vein with secondary thrombosis...
- Extensive peripheral, iliofemoral, and caval thrombosis in a 16-year-old girlJeanne M LaBerge
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 505 Parnassus Avenue, M-361, Box 0628, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 16:133-7. 2005
- Pulse-spray pharmacomechanical thrombolysis for proximal deep vein thrombosisN Yamada
First Department Cardiovascular Division of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Tsu, Mie, Japan
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 31:204-11. 2006..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy, safety, and feasibility of pulse-spray pharmacomechanical thrombolysis to treat proximal deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in conjunction with the placement of a non-permanent IVC filter...
- In-stent recurrent stenosis in stents placed in the lower extremity venous outflow tractPeter Neglen
River Oaks Hospital, 1020 River Oaks Drive, Suite 480, Jackson, MS 39232, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:181-7. 2004..This study was undertaken to describe development of in-stent recurrent stenosis (ISR) in stents placed in the iliocaval outflow tract and to examine possible contributing factors...
- Re-evaluation of iliac compression syndrome using magnetic resonance imaging in patients with acute deep venous thrombosesDouglas G W Fraser
Department of Cardiology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
J Vasc Surg 40:604-11. 2004..However, several authors have proposed that ileofemoral DVT commonly originates in the left common iliac vein (LCIV) at a site of compression by the overlying right common iliac artery (RCIA/LCIV compression)...
- Endovascular local thrombolytic therapy of ileofemoral and inferior caval vein thrombosisR Verhaeghe
Vascular Center, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Semin Vasc Med 1:123-8. 2001..Local thrombolysis appears an interesting but labor-intensive approach in expert hands, but a definite place in management of venous thrombosis remains to be established...
- Thrombolysis of acute peripheral arterial and venous occlusions with tenecteplase and eptifibatide: a pilot studyDavid J Burkart
Alliance Radiology, Division of Interventional Radiology, Saint Joseph Health Center, 1000 Carondelet Drive, Kansas City, Missouri 64114, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:729-33. 2003..To prospectively assess the feasibility, risk profile, and effect on fibrinogen levels of combination tenecteplase (TNK) and eptifibatide in transcatheter thrombolysis for peripheral arterial and venous thromboocclusive disease...
- Acute iliofemoral deep vein thrombosis: evaluation of underlying anatomic abnormalities by spiral CT venographyJin Wook Chung
Department of Radiology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, and Institute of Radiation Medicine, Seoul National University Medical Research Center, Clinical Research Institute, Seoul National University Hospital, Korea
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:249-56. 2004..To evaluate the spectrum of underlying anatomic abnormalities in iliofemoral deep vein thrombosis (DVT) by spiral computed tomographic (CT) venography...
- [Successful partial lysis of a 4-level-thrombosis by rt-PA - case report]K Schmidt
Klin Padiatr 214:79-82. 2002..All in all, therapy was tolerated well. Systemic thrombolysis with rt-PA in children and adolescents, although not established for regular treatment, is an effective therapeutic option in severe venous thrombosis...
- [Inferior vena cava malformations and deep venous thrombosis]María J García-Fuster
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia, Valencia, Espana
Rev Esp Cardiol 59:171-5. 2006..All patients were investigated by Doppler echography. Some 37 patients who had iliac vein occlusion also underwent phlebography...
- [Interventional therapy of the inferior vena cava syndrome]S Jirát
II interní klinika 1 LF UK a VFN, Praha
Cas Lek Cesk 141:773-5. 2002....
- Post-transplant IVC occlusion and thrombosis treated with tPA, heparin, and sharp recanalizationAyse L Mindikoglu
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, Loyola University Medical Center, Chicago Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL, USA
J Gastroenterol 40:302-5. 2005..After treatment with combined tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) and heparin, the IVC was successfully recanalized with sharp dissection, balloon dilatation, and stent placement...
- Agenesis of the inferior vena cava associated with lower extremities and pelvic venous thrombosisRoberto Jiménez Gil
Servicio de Angiología y Cirugía Vascular, Hospital General Universitario de Alicante, Alicante, Spain
J Vasc Surg 44:1114-6. 2006..The recognition of this anomaly may be helpful in the event of differential diagnosis in retroperitoneal masses. In young patients with idiopathic deep venous thrombosis, an inferior vena cava anomaly should be considered...
- [Bilateral deep venous thrombosis and vena cava aplasia treated with local thrombolysis]Anna Monika Pelta
Gentofte Hospital, Karkirurgisk Afdeling B, Trombosecentret, Hellerup
Ugeskr Laeger 170:1849. 2008..popliteae. The treatment led to almost complete thrombus resolution and no valvular incompetence at three months follow-up. In our opinion this treatment should be offered even in complex cases of acute proximal deep venous thrombosis...
- Proximal extent of pelvic vein thrombosis and its association with pulmonary embolismBarbara Borst-Krafek
Department of Dermatology, Wilhelminen Hospital, Montleartstrasse 37, A-1171 Vienna, Austria
J Vasc Surg 37:518-22. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: Extension of DVT into the inferior vena cava occurs relatively frequently. In our patients this finding was not associated with higher risk for PE compared with DVT of the femoral or iliac veins...
- Treatment of acute iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis: a strategy of thrombus removalA J Comerota
University of Michigan, Jobst Vascular Center, The Toledo Hospital, 2109 Hughes Dr, Suite 400, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 33:351-60; discussion 361-2. 2007..The authors review evidence supporting the rationale for thrombus removal and discuss the most effective approaches for treating patients with acute iliofemoral DVT...
- Catheter-direct thrombolysis versus pharmacomechanical thrombectomy for treatment of symptomatic lower extremity deep venous thrombosisPeter H Lin
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center 112, 2002 Holcomb Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg 192:782-8. 2006..The purpose of the current study was to compare the treatment outcome in patients with symptomatic DVT who underwent either catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) or PMT intervention...
- The importance of monophasic Doppler waveforms in the common femoral vein: a retrospective studyEdward P Lin
Department of Imaging Sciences, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 648, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Ultrasound Med 26:885-91. 2007....
- Popliteal venous aneurysm and iliofemoral thrombosisLawrence M Gillman
Department of Surgery, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Can J Surg 51:E17-8. 2008
- Chronic renal vein thrombosis in a renal allograftWai H Lim
Renal Unit, Royal Perth Hospital, Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Nephrology (Carlton) 8:248-50. 2003..Chronic renal vein thrombosis can occur insidiously many years after transplant without significant deterioration in renal allograft function or symptoms...
- Acute pancreatitis: A complication associated with rheolytic mechanical thrombectomy of deep venous thrombosisKenneth T Piercy
Division of Surgical Sciences, Section on Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1095, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:1110-3. 2006..To our knowledge, this complication has been previously reported in only two cases...
- Duplex scanning potential at reconstruction of main veinsS Iu Akhunova
Interregional Clinicodiagnostic Centre, Republican Clinical Hospital, Kazan, Russia
Angiol Sosud Khir 9:36-45. 2003....
- Clinical experience with temporary vena cava filtersS I Watanabe
Second Department of Surgery, Kagoshima University Faculty of Medicine, 8-35-1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima, 890-8520 Japan
Vasc Surg 35:285-90; discussion 290-1. 2001..Temporary filters can be safely placed not only at the infrarenal inferior vena cava, but also at the suprarenal inferior vena cava or superior vena cava...
- Venous thromboembolism in pregnancy. A case report of deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in puerperiumL Di Stefano
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of L'Aquila (Italy
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 31:199-203. 2004..The authors believe that DVT occurs infrequently but it is also unforeseeable. Systematic heparin prophylaxis for seven to ten days, ante- and postpartum, can prevent this problem...
- Catheter-directed Venous Thrombolysis in acute iliofemoral vein thrombosis--the CaVenT study: rationale and design of a multicenter, randomized, controlled, clinical trial (NCT00251771)Tone Enden
Department of Hematology, Ullevål University Hosp, Oslo, Norway
Am Heart J 154:808-14. 2007..The aim of the CaVenT study is to investigate the role of adjunctive CDT by evaluating its clinical efficacy and safety compared with conventional treatment alone in patients with acute iliofemoral DVT...
- Percutaneous venous thrombectomy using the Arrow-Trerotola percutaneous thrombolytic device (PTD) with temporary caval filtration: in vitro investigationsJoachim Ernst Wildberger
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, University of Technology, Aachen, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52074 Aachen, Germany
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 28:221-7. 2005....
- [Thrombosis of the inferior vena cava and the iliac and femoral veins in a 24-year old man]A Zimmermann
Abteilung für Gefässchirurgie, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen
Dtsch Med Wochenschr 132:21-4. 2007..The cardiopulmonary investigations were unremarkable. The abdomen was soft, without muscular resistance or local pressure tenderness. Both legs were moderately swollen without other findings...
- Congenital anomalies of the inferior vena cava revealed on CT in patients with deep vein thrombosisG Gayer
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
AJR Am J Roentgenol 180:729-32. 2003..Coagulation abnormalities, frequently found in these patients, may be a contributory factor...
- Power-pulse thrombolysis and stent recanalization for acute post-liver transplant iliocaval venous thrombosisCarlos E Baccin
New York Presbyterian Hospital Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 31:S166-70. 2008..At 2.5-year imaging and laboratory follow-up, the IVC, iliac, and renal veins remained patent and graft function was preserved...
- Pharmacomechanical thrombolysis and early stent placement for iliofemoral deep vein thrombosisSuresh Vedantham
Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 15:565-74. 2004....
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis of acute deep vein thrombosis in the lower extremity of a child with interrupted inferior vena cavaLevent Oguzkurt
Department of Radiology, Baskent University, Adana Teaching and Medical Research Center, Adana, Turkey
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:332-4. 2007..Our results suggest that catheter-directed thrombolysis is safe and effective for use in selected older children and adolescents with acute DVT in the lower extremity...
- The case for thrombolysis for iliofemoral venous thrombosisEric Peden
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 18:139-47. 2005..In this article, relevant clinical evidence and rationale in support of thrombolytic therapy in ileofemoral deep venous thrombosis are discussed...
- Acute iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis due to giant ovarian tumor: report of a hybrid treatmentG Asciutto
Department of Vascular Surgery, St Josef Hospital, Bochum, Germany
Vasa 37:278-80. 2008..During the same operation, transfemoral thrombectomy and stent implantation in the iliac vein were performed, followed by creation of an arteriovenous fistula in the left groin...
- Venous stenting across the inguinal ligamentPeter Neglen
River Oaks Hospital, Flowood, MS 39232, USA
J Vasc Surg 48:1255-61. 2008..The aim of this study was to assess the risk of placing stents in the venous system across the inguinal ligament...
- [Acute thrombosis of pelvic and leg veins in agenesis of the renal segment of the inferior vena cava]T Korber
Universität Rostock Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin Abteilung Kardiologie Ernst Heydemann Strasse 6 18055 Rostock, Germany
Z Kardiol 90:52-7. 2001..Compression stockings were prescribed. To prevent thrombosis, additional risk factors like smoking, immobilization and unusual physical activity should be strictly avoided...
- Role of prophylactic temporary inferior vena cava filters placed at the ICU bedside under intravascular ultrasound guidance in patients with multiple traumaDavid Rosenthal
Department of Vascular Surgery, Atlanta Medial Center, USA
J Vasc Surg 40:958-64. 2004..The objective of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of prophylactic, temporary IVCF placement at the intensive care unit bedside under real-time intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) guidance in patients with multiple trauma...
- Laparoscopic extended pelvic lymph node dissection for prostate cancer: description of the surgical technique and initial resultsJean Baptiste Lattouf
Department of Urology, Krankenhaus der Elisabethinen, Linz, Austria
Eur Urol 52:1347-55. 2007..We describe our laparoscopic technique of extended lymph node dissection and provide the number and locations of positive lymph nodes from our experience...
- [Principles of surgical treatment of varicose veins with regard to new findings on venous hemodynamics]C Recek
Rozhl Chir 81:484-91. 2002..venous reflux can only take place in an incompetent vein connecting the femoral, profunda femoris, popliteal or iliac vein with one of the deep veins of the lower leg...
- Dual-lumen catheters for continuous venovenous hemofiltration: limits for blood delivery via femoral vein access and a potential alternative in an experimental setting in anesthetized pigsJuliane K Unger
Department of Comparative Medicine and Laboratory Animal Sciences, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Crit Care 11:R18. 2007..We performed an experimental animal study to verify these assumptions...
- [Treatment of pulmonary embolism and prevention of recurrence by placement of a vena cava filter in deep venous thrombosis: case report]Jadranka Vucićević-Trobok
Institut za plućne bolesti, 21204 Sremska Kamenica, Institutski put bb
Med Pregl 55:149-52. 2002..Deep venous thrombosis of lower extremities is the most common site of origin, which initially may remain obscure...
- [Effects of polyethylene oxide at different concentrations on abdominal aortic blood flow and vascular resistance in rats]Feng Hu
Department of Cardiology, Nanfang Hospital, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 30:884-7. 2010..To observe the effect of polyethylene oxide (PEO) solution at different concentrations on abdominal aortic blood flow and vascular resistance in rats and evaluate the safety and drag-reducing effect of PEO solution...
- Long-term results of pediculo-body fixation and posterolateral fusion for lumbar spondylolisthesisAntonino Zagra
Department of Spinal Surgery, Galeazzi Orthopaedic Institute, Via Riccardo Galeazzi, 4, Milan 20161, Italy
Eur Spine J 18:151-5. 2009..removal; an iliac artery compression by a lateral exit screw from pediculo, resolved by screw removal; a deep iliac vein phlebitis with thrombosis caused by external compression due to a wrong intraoperative position, treated by ..
- [Local thrombolysis in proximal deep venous thrombosis of the lower extremity]Henrik H Sillesen
Karkirurgisk Afdeling B, Amtssygehuset i Gentofte, Niels Andersens Vej 65, DK 2900 Hellerup
Ugeskr Laeger 164:623-6. 2002..was conducted in order to investigate the effectiveness of catheter-directed thrombolysis in patients with proximal DVT of the lower extremity (iliac vein involved), with respect to recanalisation and maintenance of venous valve function.
- Rheolytic pharmacomechanical thrombectomy in experimental chronic deep vein thrombosis: effect of L-arginine on thrombogenicity and endothelial vasomotor functionPeter H Lin
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston VAMC 112, 2002 Holcomb Blvd, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
World J Surg 31:664-75. 2007....
- [Treatment of severe acute deep venous thrombosis in lower extremity]Yong quan Gu
Vascular Surgery Department of Xuan wu Hospital and Institute of Vascular Surgery, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100053, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:3186-8. 2009..To explore the method and effectiveness of treatment for severe acute deep venous thrombosis (DVT) in lower extremity...
- [Intravenous leiomyomatosis with intracardiac extension: a case report]Tao Zhang
Department of Vascular Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 40:642-4. 2008..Computer tomography showed that a large mass arising from the left internal iliac vein and extending into the right chambers...
- Novel Therapeutic Targets for Venous ThromboembolismTHOMAS WILLIAM contact WAKEFIELD; Fiscal Year: 2010..venous thrombosis, evaluates new aptamer inhibitors to VWF and P-selectin in a well established primate model of iliac vein thrombosis, and evaluates biomarkers based on VWF and P- selectin for the diagnosis and follow-up of venous ..
- Novel Therapeutic Targets for Venous ThromboembolismThomas Wakefield; Fiscal Year: 2009..venous thrombosis, evaluates new aptamer inhibitors to VWF and P-selectin in a well established primate model of iliac vein thrombosis, and evaluates biomarkers based on VWF and P- selectin for the diagnosis and follow-up of venous ..
- The role of hypoxia in venous neointimal hyperplasia in hemodialysis graftsSanjay Misra; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term goal of this current proposal and research program is to improve the care of patients with ESRD, the vast majority of who use long-term hemodialysis as their mode of renal replacement therapy. ..
- Controlled-Release HIF-1 Delivery for ArteriogenesisLawrence Hofmann; Fiscal Year: 2005..These projects and career development plans will provide the resources, collaborative relationships, and academic foundation of which the candidate will build a successful career as an independent clinical scientist. ..
- Homocysteine/Hypertension & Vascular Lesion FormationPeter Lin; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Free Radicals Influence the Pathogenesis of Venous ThrombosisDaniel Myers; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thomas W. Wakefield and members of my research advisory committee. The second phase of this grant will focus on completion of the specific aims of the grant and allow for the candidate to develop independent areas of research. ..
- Functional Outcome of Critical Limb IschemiaGregory Landry; Fiscal Year: 2007..The TransAtlantic Intersociety Consensus, an international consortium of physicians involved in the management of peripheral arterial disease, has identified patient-oriented outcome research in CLI as an area of "critical need." ..