Genomes and Genes
Summary: The vein accompanying the femoral artery in the same sheath; it is a continuation of the popliteal vein and becomes the external iliac vein.
Publications188 found, 100 shown here
- Comparing short-term outcomes of femoral-popliteal and iliofemoral deep venous thrombosis: early lysis and development of refluxHarvir Singh
Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 19:74-9. 2005..The data in this retrospective study warrant further long-term prospective analysis of thrombolysis and its relationship with PTS...
- Color-Doppler sonography in chronic venous insufficiency: what the radiologist should knowAlessandro Cina
Department of Radiology, , Policlinico Agostino Gemelli, Rome, Italy
Curr Probl Diagn Radiol 34:51-62. 2005....
- The importance of monophasic Doppler waveforms in the common femoral vein: a retrospective studyEdward P Lin
Department of Imaging Sciences, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 648, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Ultrasound Med 26:885-91. 2007The purpose of this study was to assess the importance of monophasic waveforms encountered in the common femoral vein during deep venous thrombosis evaluation by a retrospective review of lower extremity venous Doppler (VD) sonography and ..
- Treatment of painful peripheral neuromas by vein implantationRyosuke Kakinoki
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shougoin, Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Int Orthop 27:60-4. 2003..In none of the experiments was a neuroma formed. Secondly, we treated ten neuromas in ten patients by the vein-implantation method. We obtained excellent results in seven patients...
- Arteriovenous fistula construction in the thigh with transposed superficial femoral vein: our initial experienceW S Gradman
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:968-75. 2001..This report describes our experience constructing AVFs in the lower extremities of selected patients with the superficial femoral vein (SFV).
- Evaluation of cuff-induced ischemia in the lower extremity by magnetic resonance oximetryMichael C Langham
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:598-606. 2010....
- Effect of hip abduction and external rotation on femoral vein exposure for possible cannulationSandra L Werner
MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
J Emerg Med 35:73-5. 2008b>Femoral vein access is often required during resuscitation efforts and when other routes of intravenous access are difficult. This study evaluated by ultrasound the effect of abduction/external rotation of the hip on venous accessibility...
- Use of superficial femoral vein in the treatment of infected aortoiliofemoral prosthetic graftsM A Cardozo
Discipline of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Cardiovasc Surg 10:304-10. 2002To assess the use of the superficial femoral vein for the reconstruction of the aortoiliofemoral sector in the treatment of prosthetic infections.
- Variations in lower limb venous anatomy: implications for US diagnosis of deep vein thrombosisDaniel J Quinlan
Department of Radiology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, England
Radiology 228:443-8. 2003..To retrospectively review bilateral venograms free of thrombus to evaluate the frequency and types of variations seen in venous anatomy...
- Ultrasonographic investigation of the effect of reverse Trendelenburg on the cross-sectional area of the femoral veinMichael B Stone
Department of Emergency Medicine, Alameda County Medical Center, Highland Campus, Oakland, California 94602, USA
J Emerg Med 30:211-3. 2006Emergency physicians often obtain central venous access via the femoral vein in critically ill patients or patients with difficult peripheral access due to chronic intravenous drug use...
- Femoral vein transposition for arteriovenous hemodialysis access: improved patient selection and intraoperative measures reduce postoperative ischemiaWayne S Gradman
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, USA
J Vasc Surg 41:279-84. 2005..Autogenous femoral artery-common femoral thigh transposition (transposed femoral vein [tFV]) arteriovenous accesses have superior patency, but our previous report documented a high incidence of ..
- Common femoral vein aneurysm simulating an inguinal herniaEric T Castaldo
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Am Surg 71:591-4. 2005Common femoral vein aneurysms are rare, yet knowledge of this entity is important for the surgeon who performs hernia repairs...
- Superficial femoral vein aneurysm with massive pulmonary embolismVikas Pandey
Regional Vascular Unit, 2nd Floor Waller Cardiac Building, Mary Stanford Wing, St Mary's Hospital, London W2 1NY, UK
J R Soc Med 96:460-1. 2003
- Is the central venous pressure reading equally reliable if the central line is inserted via the femoral veinJoel Desmond
Emergency Department, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Emerg Med J 20:467-9. 2003..The author, date and country of publication, patient group studied, study type, relevant outcomes, results and study weaknesses of these best papers are tabulated. A clinical bottom line is stated...
- Nerve growth factor is expressed in rat femoral veinMarci H Levine
Skeletal Biology Research Center and Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 60:729-33; discussion 734. 2002..The purpose of this pilot study was to localize NGF protein expression in the rat femoral vein. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Sciatic nerves and femoral veins were harvested from adult male Sprague-Dawley rats...
- Bile duct replacement using an autologous femoral vein graft: an experimental study. Preliminary resultsPablo Capitanich
Departments of Surgery, Hospital Aleman, C1118ATT Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Gastrointest Surg 9:369-73. 2005..Further experimental studies should be carried out to validate these findings so they can be implemented in clinical cases...
- Surgical thrombectomy followed by intraoperative endovascular reconstruction for symptomatic ilio-femoral venous thrombosisM H M Schwarzbach
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 29:58-66. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of surgical thrombectomy combined with endovascular reconstruction for acute ilio-femoral/caval venous thrombosis...
- Endovascular management of iliac vein occlusive diseaseEric J Ley
Division of Vascular Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 18:228-33. 2004..Recanalization of obstructed iliac vein segments can be performed successfully and leads to improvement in pain and edema in the affected limb. Midterm patency rates are excellent...
- Ultrasonographic investigation of the effect of inguinal compression on the cross-sectional area of the femoral veinJin Tae Kim
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Acad Emerg Med 15:101-3. 2008The reverse Trendelenburg position increases the cross-sectional area (CSA) of the femoral vein, making it easier to cannulate, although this position is potentially harmful in hypovolemic patients...
- Anatomical variations of the femoral veinJean Francois Uhl
URDIA, University Paris Descartes, Neuilly sur Seine, France
J Vasc Surg 52:714-9. 2010..Our aim was to study the prevalence of the different anatomical variations of the femoral vein at the thigh level.
- Adventitial cystic disease of the femoral vein: report of a caseTsutomu Sugimoto
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Tachikawa General Hospital, 3-2-11 Kanda, Nagaoka, Niigata 940-8621, Japan
Surg Today 34:286-8. 2004Adventitial cystic disease (ACD) of the veins is a rare phenomenon, and ACD of the femoral vein is particularly difficult to diagnose due to the similarity in symptoms to those of deep vein thrombosis...
- The anatomic relationship between the common femoral artery and common femoral vein in frog leg position versus straight leg position in pediatric patientsJennifer W Hopkins
Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville Health Sciences Center, Kosair Children s Hospital, Louisville, KY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 16:579-84. 2009Overlap of the femoral artery (FA) on the femoral vein (FV) has been shown to occur in pediatric patients. This overlap may increase complications such as arterial puncture and failed insertions of central venous lines (CVLs)...
- Percutaneous image-guided aspiration and sclerosis of adventitial cystic disease of the femoral veinJason M Johnson
Section of Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Fletcher Allen Health Care, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 32:812-6. 2009..Computed tomography showed a cystic mass adherent to the wall of the common femoral vein. An ultrasound examination revealed a deep venous thrombosis of the leg, secondary to extrinsic compression of ..
- External femoral vein valvuloplasty with limited anterior plication (LAP): a 10-year randomized, follow-up studyG Belcaro
Irvine Laboratory, St Mary s Hospital at Imperial College, London, UK
Angiology 50:531-6. 1999The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects after 10 years of external valvuloplasty of the femoral vein (limited anterior plication or LAP)...
- The effect of inguinal compression, Valsalva maneuver, and reverse Trendelenburg position on the cross-sectional area of the femoral vein in childrenJin Tae Kim
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Jongnogu, Seoul, Korea
Anesth Analg 108:1493-6. 2009..In this study, we evaluated these methods using ultrasonography in children...
- A rare case of leiomyosarcoma arising from a femoral vein tributary: a case reportNikolaos Paraskevas
Service de Chirurgie Vasculaire et Thoracique, Hôpital Bichat and Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 7, Paris Cedex 18, France
Vasc Med 14:149-51. 2009..Involvement of major veins in the limbs is uncommon and of small veins or tributaries extremely uncommon. We report a case of leiomyosarcoma originating from a tributary of the femoral vein in a 55-year-old woman.
- Effects of reverse Trendelenburg position and inguinal compression on femoral vein cross-sectional area in infants and young childrenE H Suk
Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Ulsan University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Anaesthesia 64:399-402. 2009..of the reverse Trendelenburg position and additional inguinal compression on the cross-sectional area of the femoral vein in paediatric patients. Seventy subjects were allocated to two groups: the infants group and the children group...
- Uses and complications of central venous catheters inserted in a pediatric emergency departmentV W Chiang
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 16:230-2. 2000..To describe the incidence, indications, insertion sites, duration, and complications of central venous catheter (CVC) insertion in patients in a pediatric emergency department (ED)...
- Surgical reconstruction of iliofemoral veins and the inferior vena cava for nonmalignant occlusive diseaseC J Jost
Division of Vascular Surgery, The Department of Diagnostic Radiology, and the Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:320-7; discussion 327-8. 2001..3; cavoatrial, 1), 6 patients had spiral vein grafts (5 iliac/femoral and 1 cavoatrial), and 1 underwent femoral vein patch angioplasty. Clinical follow-up averaged 3.5 years (median, 2...
- The anatomic relationship of femoral vein to femoral artery in euvolemic pediatric patients by ultrasonography: implications for pediatric femoral central venous accessFred H Warkentine
Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville Health Sciences Center, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Kosair Children s Hospital, Louisville, KY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 15:426-30. 2008Knowledge of the femoral vein (FV) anatomy in pediatric patients is important in the selection of appropriate size central line catheters as well as the approach to central venous access...
- Femoral vein harvest for vascular reconstructions: pitfalls and tips for successStephen T Smith
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9157, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 21:35-40. 2008..Information regarding the preoperative evaluation, postoperative surveillance, reintervention, and venous morbidity is provided. The femoral-popliteal vein graft has proven to be a durable conduit with minimal late venous morbidity...
- Femoral central venous catheter-associated deep venous thrombosis in children with diabetic ketoacidosisJuan A Gutierrez
Department of Pediatrics, Steele Memorial Children's Research Center, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, USA
Crit Care Med 31:80-3. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: This study suggests that young children with DKA have an increased incidence of clinical DVT associated with the placement of femoral central venous catheters...
- Ten-year experience in autogenous reconstruction with the femoral vein in the treatment of aortofemoral prosthetic infectionK Daenens
Center for Vascular Diseases, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 25:240-5. 2003..The surgical treatment consisted in harvesting the femoral vein, total graft excision, thorough debridement and in situ reconstruction with the femoral veins...
- Ultrasonic locating devices for central venous cannulation: meta-analysisDaniel Hind
School of Health and Related Research, Regent Court, Sheffield S1 4DA
BMJ 327:361. 2003..To assess the evidence for the clinical effectiveness of ultrasound guided central venous cannulation...
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia presenting with extreme hyperleukocytosis and thrombosis of the common femoral veinTali Cukierman
Department of Internal Medicine, Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1865-8. 2002..The patient has since been successfully maintained with chemotherapy. We conclude that leukopheresis should be considered as the therapy of choice in CLL patients presenting with major complications of leukostasis...
- Femoral and iliac vein stenoses after prolonged femoral vein catheter insertionWaclaw Weyde
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation Medicine, Wroclaw University of Medicine, Poland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:1618-21. 2004BACKGROUND/AIMS: Catheterization of the femoral vein is a safe and recommended method of temporary access for haemodialysis...
- Acute thigh compartment syndrome post femoral vein catheterization: a case reportMark W Asplund
Surgical Associates, SC, Wausau, WI 54401, USA
WMJ 107:244-6. 2008This case report presents a previously unreported etiology of acute thigh compartment syndrome following ipsilateral femoral vein catheterization, including clinical results and a brief review of the literature.
- Influence of insertion site on central venous catheter colonization and bloodstream infection ratesJohn R Gowardman
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Woman s Hospital, Herston, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
Intensive Care Med 34:1038-45. 2008..To compare colonization and catheter-related bloodstream infection (CR-BSI) rates among three insertion sites (subclavian, internal jugular, femoral) used for central venous catheter (CVC) placement...
- Dual-lumen catheters for continuous venovenous hemofiltration: limits for blood delivery via femoral vein access and a potential alternative in an experimental setting in anesthetized pigsJuliane K Unger
Department of Comparative Medicine and Laboratory Animal Sciences, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Crit Care 11:R18. 2007..We performed an experimental animal study to verify these assumptions...
- Effect of the venous catheter site on transpulmonary thermodilution measurement variablesSven Schmidt
Medizinische Klinik IV Nephrology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Crit Care Med 35:783-6. 2007..g., in burn victims or due to contraindications for Trendelenburg position). The present study investigates whether femoral vein access can be used to obtain clinically acceptable values.
- Primary intravascular myxoid leiomyosarcoma of the femoral vein presenting clinically as deep vein thrombosis: a case reportManish Mani Subramaniam
Virchows Arch 450:235-7. 2007
- Superficial femoral vein as a conduit for portal vein reconstruction during pancreaticoduodenectomyJason B Fleming
Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Arch Surg 140:698-701. 2005
- Primary vascular leiomyosarcoma of the femoral vein leading to metastases of scalp and lungsC H Gow
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 17:201. 2005
- Complications of femoral and subclavian venous catheterization in critically ill patients: a randomized controlled trialJ Merrer
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hôpital de Poissy St Germain en Laye, 10 rue du Champ Gaillard, 78303 Poissy, France
JAMA 286:700-7. 2001..Whether venous catheterization at the femoral site is associated with an increased risk of complications compared with that at the subclavian site is debated...
- Great mediastinal vein reconstruction using autologous superficial femoral vein superficial femoral vein graftEhab Eshtaya
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Card Surg 23:736-8. 2008..Autologous conduits have been found superior to other conduit options. The superficial femoral vein (SFV) offers excellent early patency, minimal lower limb morbidity, and ease of harvest without accessory ..
- [Central venous catheterization: complications of different placements]F Iovino
III Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e Oncologica, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Piazza Miraglia 2, 80122 Napoli, Italie
Ann Chir 126:1001-6. 2001....
- Successful treatment of a femoral artery pseudoaneurysm mimicking a deep venous thrombosis following cardiac catheterizationGregory M Gauthier
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 57:75-8. 2002..The patient had complete resolution of the pseudoaneurysm and his symptoms following treatment with ultrasound-guided percutaneous thrombin injection...
- Common femoral vein dimensions and hemodynamics including Valsalva response as a function of sex, age, and ethnicity in a population studyA Fronek
Departments of Surgery and Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:1050-6. 2001In this study we assessed the normal common femoral vein (CFV) dimensions and related hemodynamics in a cohort assembled to permit contrasts by means of sex, age, and ethnicity.
- Real-time ultrasound-guided femoral vein catheterization during cardiopulmonary resuscitationW M Hilty
Department of Emergency Medicine, Highland General Hospital, Oakland, California, USA
Ann Emerg Med 29:331-6; discussion 337. 1997To compare the use of real-time-ultrasound guidance with the standard landmark-oriented approach for obtaining femoral vein catheterization in patients requiring intravenous access during CPR.
- Effects of ankle exercise combined with deep breathing on blood flow velocity in the femoral veinOh Yun Kwon
Department of Physical Therapy, Yonsei University, South Korea
Aust J Physiother 49:253-8. 2003..study examined the effects of ankle exercise combined with deep breathing on the blood flow velocity in the femoral vein. Twenty healthy males (mean age 21...
- Superficial femoral vein as substitute for pulmonary artery reconstruction after resection for bronchovascular fistulaNikos Kotzampassaki
Division of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 136:525-7. 2008
- Clinical experience of percutaneous femoral venous catheterization in critically ill preterm infants less than 1,000 gramsK B Chen
Department of Anesthesiology, China Medical College and China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Anesthesiology 95:637-9. 2001..Central venous catheterization is indicated for pressure monitoring, drug therapy, and nutrition supplementation, which are often critical in the anesthetic management of infants undergoing major surgery...
- Vascular reconstruction with the superficial femoral vein following major oncologic resectionAndrew McKay
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Surg Oncol 96:151-9. 2007..This study describes outcomes following radical oncologic resection with concomitant resection of critical vascular structures and reconstruction with the superficial femoral vein (SFV).
- Transvenous liver biopsy via the femoral veinF Khosa
Department of Radiology, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Clin Radiol 58:487-91. 2003....
- Femoral vein size in newborns and infants: preliminary investigationO A Akingbola
Tulane School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Crit Care 4:120-3. 2000The femoral vein is an important site for central venous access in newborns and infants...
- Cystic adventitial disease of the femoral vein presenting as deep vein thrombosis: a case report and review of the literatureFrancis P Dix
Department of Vascular Surgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 44:871-4. 2006..We report the case of a 28-year-old man who presented with a swollen leg secondary to obstruction of the common femoral vein as a result of this disease. He underwent excision of the cyst and made a full recovery...
- Extension of saphenous thrombus into the femoral vein: a potential complication of new endovenous ablation techniquesGeza Mozes
Division of Vascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St, SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Surg 41:130-5. 2005..We encountered three cases (7.7%) with thrombus extension into the common femoral vein. All three patients were anticoagulated, and a temporary inferior vena cava filter was placed in one...
- The incidence of infectious complications of central venous catheters at the subclavian, internal jugular, and femoral sites in an intensive care unit populationKedar S Deshpande
Montefiore Medical Center and the Jacobi Medical Center, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA
Crit Care Med 33:13-20; discussion 234-5. 2005....
- Catheter directed thrombolysis for treatment of ilio-femoral deep venous thrombosis is durable, preserves venous valve function and may prevent chronic venous insufficiencyH Sillesen
Department of Vascular Surgery, Gentofte University Hospital, Hellerup, Denmark
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 30:556-62. 2005..To investigate the results of catheter directed thrombolysis offered to patients with acute femoro-iliac deep venous thrombosis (DVT)...
- Spiral CT venography of the lower extremities by injection via an arm vein in patients with leg swellingS Yoshida
Department of Radiology, Sapporo Medical University, School of Medicine, South-1, West-16, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 060-8543, Japan
Br J Radiol 74:1013-6. 2001..We were able to evaluate DVT above the knee with this method. Indirect spiral CTV showed promise for the diagnosis of DVT and other soft tissue diseases in patients with leg swelling...
- [Effect of external vavuloplasty of deep vein in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency of lower extremity]Shen Ming Wang
Department of Vascular Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:853-6. 2005..To verify the role and effect of external vavuloplasty in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) of lower extremity...
- Closure of a surgically created arteriovenous fistula with a covered stent-graft in a patient with venous ambulatory hypertension--a case reportZachary C Schmittling
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 39:363-6. 2005..A 37-year-old woman with symptomatic venous ambulatory hypertension underwent a left common femoral vein-to-right common iliac vein bypass using 10 mm ringed polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) with creation of an ..
- Location and length of arteriovenous fistulas around axial-pattern skin-flap pediclesM Oguz Yenidunya
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Reconstr Microsurg 17:519-30. 2001..3). An island skin flap with an arteriovenous fistula distal to its pedicle might be a useful model to study the relationship between skin-flap viability and edema formation...
- The management of arterial and venous injuries during saphenous vein surgeryGiustino Marcucci
Department of Vascular Surgery, S Paolo Hospital ASL RMF, Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:432-3. 2008..Diagnosis is often delayed and outcome depends on the severity of injury. We report two cases of severe ischemia due to arterial lesion during varicose veins surgery...
- Endoluminal recanalization in a patient with phlegmasia cerulea dolens using a multimodality approach-a case reportStephanie C Lin
Department of Vascular Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell University, Weill Medical School and Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10021, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 39:273-9. 2005..This multimodality endovascular approach (chemical and mechanical interventions) was successful in relieving the venous occlusion and salvaging the limb, while maintaining appropriate treatment for heparin-induced thrombocytopenia...
- Iliofemoral venous thrombosisAnthony J Comerota
Jobst Vascular Center, The Toledo Hospital, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:1065-76. 2007....
- Popliteal venous aneurysm and iliofemoral thrombosisLawrence M Gillman
Department of Surgery, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Can J Surg 51:E17-8. 2008
- Long-term outcome of revised lower-extremity bypass graftsGregory J Landry
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Vasc Surg 35:56-62; discussion 62-3. 2002..This study was performed to determine the results of surgical revisions of LEVGs after a follow-up as long as 10 years...
- The case for thrombolysis for iliofemoral venous thrombosisEric Peden
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 18:139-47. 2005..In this article, relevant clinical evidence and rationale in support of thrombolytic therapy in ileofemoral deep venous thrombosis are discussed...
- Mid-term results of peripheric cannulation after port-access surgeryErtan Sagbas
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Istanbul Science University, Group Florence Nightingale Hospitals, Abidei Hurriyet Caddesi 290, 34381 Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:744-7. 2007..We found a chronic recanalized thrombotic change in the common femoral vein (CFV) in one patient (0.63%)...
- Early and late complications of silicone patch saphenoplasty at the saphenofemoral junctionMarianne G De Maeseneer
Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
J Vasc Surg 44:1285-90. 2006..A prospective study examined the incidence of complications after patch saphenoplasty in primary and repeat varicose vein surgery...
- HIV/AIDS and the risk of deep vein thrombosis: a study of 45 patients with lower extremity involvementA A Saber
Department of Surgery, Michigan State University, Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, 49008, USA
Am Surg 67:645-7. 2001..The distribution of the thromboses were the femoral vein in 23 patients, the popliteal vein in 20 patients, and the iliofemoral system in 2 patients...
- Can emergency medicine residents detect acute deep venous thrombosis with a limited, two-site ultrasound examination?Jeanne Jacoby
Emergency Medicine Residency Program, St Luke s Hospital, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
J Emerg Med 32:197-200. 2007..EM residents can perform a limited duplex examination with considerable but not perfect accuracy after receiving very limited instruction...
- Acute pancreatitis: A complication associated with rheolytic mechanical thrombectomy of deep venous thrombosisKenneth T Piercy
Division of Surgical Sciences, Section on Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1095, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:1110-3. 2006..To our knowledge, this complication has been previously reported in only two cases...
- Iliac vein stenting for chronic venous insufficiencyFiras F Mussa
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 34:60-6. 2007..We conclude that endovenous stenting is the current method of choice in the treatment of chronic venous obstruction...
- The safety and efficacy of the StarClose Vascular Closure System: the ultrasound substudy of the CLIP studyM R Jaff
VasCore, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:684-9. 2006..This is the report of the duplex ultrasound (DUS) substudy of the CLIP trial...
- Successful iliac vein and inferior vena cava stenting ameliorates venous claudication and improves venous outflow, calf muscle pump function, and clinical status in post-thrombotic syndromeKonstantinos T Delis
Department of Vascular Surgery, Gonda Vascular Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Ann Surg 245:130-9. 2007..These patients had previously failed to improve with conservative treatment entailing compression and/or wound care for at least 12 months...
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis of acute deep vein thrombosis in the lower extremity of a child with interrupted inferior vena cavaLevent Oguzkurt
Department of Radiology, Baskent University, Adana Teaching and Medical Research Center, Adana, Turkey
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:332-4. 2007..Our results suggest that catheter-directed thrombolysis is safe and effective for use in selected older children and adolescents with acute DVT in the lower extremity...
- Vascular ultrasound imaging to study immediate postcatheterization vascular complications in childrenSnehal Kulkarni
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Frontier Lifeline Dr K M Cherian Heart Foundation R 30 C, Ambattur Industrial Estate Road, Mogappair, Chennai 600102, India
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:450-5. 2006..Our study shows vascular ultrasound imaging can provide anatomical details of femoral and iliac vessels and is a easier and accurate method of assessing post-catheterization vascular complications in children...
- Total knee replacement: prevention of deep-vein thrombosis using pharmacological (low-molecular-weight heparin) and mechanical (intermittent foot sole pump system) combined prophylaxis. Preliminary resultsM F Giannoni
Department of Vascular Surgery, La Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Int Angiol 25:316-21. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the role of combined mechanical and pharmacological prophylaxis in the prevention of deep venous thrombosis (DVT) after total knee replacement (TKR). Design: prospective case series study...
- Complex bypasses and fistulas for difficult hemodialysis access: a prospective, single-center experienceEric S Chemla
South West London, Surrey and Sussex Renal Transplant Network, London, UK
Semin Dial 19:246-50. 2006..1), contralateral internal jugular vein bypass (n = 6), femorofemoral crossover bypass (n = 1), superficial femoral vein transposition (n = 5), axillary artery to popliteal vein bypass (n = 5), or femoral artery to right atrium ..
- Iliofemoral-popliteal phlebothrombosis in twin pregnancy treated with cesarean section and thrombectomy in the same act: a case reportDubravko Habek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Zagreb University, Sveti Duh Hospital, Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Am J Perinatol 23:219-21. 2006..Thrombectomy by use of a Fogarty catheter with previous protection from thrombus embolization by proximal placement of temporary occlusion was performed at the same time as the cesarean section for completion of premature delivery...
- Neovalve construction in postthrombotic syndromeOscar Maleti
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hesperia Hospital, Modena, Italy
J Vasc Surg 43:794-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate a new neovalve construction technique in postthrombotic syndrome. The surgical procedure is described, and preliminary results of the first case series are given...
- Combined upper and lower extremity deep venous thrombosisA Hingorani
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Maimonides Medical Center, 4802 Tenth Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA
Cardiovasc Surg 9:472-7. 2001..This is the first study to examine the mortality of this group of patients...
- [Inferior vena cava malformations and deep venous thrombosis]María J García-Fuster
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia, Valencia, Espana
Rev Esp Cardiol 59:171-5. 2006..Two patients with an anomaly had recurrent thrombotic occlusion. In conclusion, congenital IVC anomalies were present in 16.2% (95% confidence interval, 6.2-32%) of young patients with iliac thrombosis...
- Catheter-direct thrombolysis versus pharmacomechanical thrombectomy for treatment of symptomatic lower extremity deep venous thrombosisPeter H Lin
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center 112, 2002 Holcomb Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg 192:782-8. 2006..The purpose of the current study was to compare the treatment outcome in patients with symptomatic DVT who underwent either catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) or PMT intervention...
- Endovascular management of iliofemoral venous occlusive diseaseDouglas B Hood
Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Surg Clin North Am 84:1381-96, viii. 2004..Existing data provide convincing proof of the efficacy of endovascular recanalization procedures, and upcoming prospective, controlled trials will further clarify the role of these techniques in the therapeutic armamentarium...
- Kinking of pedicle vessels and its effect on blood flow and patency in free flaps: an experimental study in ratsFederico Biglioli
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, S Paolo Hospital, Milan, Italy
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 32:94-7. 2004..In order to understand the matter better, an experimental study was devised to create intentional kinking of the pedicle of a free-flap...
- Neoaortoiliac reconstructions using femoropopliteal veins: MDCT angiography findingsJorge E Lopera
Department of Radiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:569-77. 2008..In this article, we discuss the neoaortoiliac system procedure, a surgical procedure that uses femoropopliteal vein segments for arterial reconstructions in patients with aortofemoral prosthetic graft infections...
- [Substitute valve at popliteal vein in treating deep venous valve insufficiency of lower extremities]Le-ping Yin
Department of Vascular Surgery, Sichuan Provincial People's Hospital, Chengdu, Sichuan, P. R. China 610072
Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 18:46-8. 2004..After a mean follow-up period of 2-6 years, 21 cases had satisfactory results. CONCLUSION: Substitute valve at the popliteal vein have the value of widespread application...
- Deep vein harvest: predicting need for fasciotomyJ Gregory Modrall
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9157, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:387-94. 2004..The purpose of this study was to define the frequency of fasciotomy in patients undergoing deep vein harvest and to identify clinical predictors of the need for fasciotomy after deep vein harvest...
- In-stent recurrent stenosis in stents placed in the lower extremity venous outflow tractPeter Neglen
River Oaks Hospital, 1020 River Oaks Drive, Suite 480, Jackson, MS 39232, USA
J Vasc Surg 39:181-7. 2004..This study was undertaken to describe development of in-stent recurrent stenosis (ISR) in stents placed in the iliocaval outflow tract and to examine possible contributing factors...
- [Hereditary thrombophilia and systemic sclerosis. An unusual case report]Giovanna Minenna
Sezione di Reumatologia, Dipartimento Medicina Interna e Medicina Pubblica, Universita, Bari
Recenti Prog Med 98:175-8. 2007..No similar case was reported in literature; therefore, further studies must go ahead understand the possible relation between the two pathologies...
- Relief of iliofemoral vein occlusion with the Palma bypass in a patient with Klippel Trenaunay syndromeGustavo S Oderich
Division of Vascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55901, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 17:449-55. 2003....
- Diagnostic criteria for locating acquired arteriovenous fistulas with color Doppler sonographyJian-Chu Li
Division of Ultrasound, Peking Union Medical College Hospital of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, 1 Shuai Fu Yuan, Wang Fu Jing, Beijing 100730, China
J Clin Ultrasound 30:336-42. 2002....
- Thrombolysis of acute peripheral arterial and venous occlusions with tenecteplase and eptifibatide: a pilot studyDavid J Burkart
Alliance Radiology, Division of Interventional Radiology, Saint Joseph Health Center, 1000 Carondelet Drive, Kansas City, Missouri 64114, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 14:729-33. 2003..To prospectively assess the feasibility, risk profile, and effect on fibrinogen levels of combination tenecteplase (TNK) and eptifibatide in transcatheter thrombolysis for peripheral arterial and venous thromboocclusive disease...
- Duplex scanning potential at reconstruction of main veinsS Iu Akhunova
Interregional Clinicodiagnostic Centre, Republican Clinical Hospital, Kazan, Russia
Angiol Sosud Khir 9:36-45. 2003....
- Quantified duplex augmentation in healthy subjects and patients with venous disease: San Diego population studyArnost Fronek
Department of Surgery, VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, USA
J Vasc Surg 37:1054-8. 2003....
- [Pelvic and leg venous thrombosis as a complication of percutaneous vertebroplasty]Günther J Kraus
Rofo 175:565-6. 2003
- Whole-leg duplex mapping for varicose veins: observations on patterns of reflux in recurrent and primary legs, with clinical correlationJ K F Wong
Department of General Surgery, Raigmore Hospital, Inverness, Scotland
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 25:267-75. 2003..CONCLUSION: the complex variations of varicose vein anatomy and functional pathology in the lower limb are currently best assessed by complete whole-leg venous duplex mapping...
- Complete compression ultrasonography of the leg veins as a single test for the diagnosis of deep vein thrombosisSebastian M Schellong
Division of Angiology, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Technical University Dresden, Fetscherstrasse Dresden, Germany
Thromb Haemost 89:228-34. 2003..1%-0.8%]). We conclude that the CCUS protocol has a low technical failure rate and is safe with respect to excluding DVT, thereby reducing the diagnostic workup of patients with suspected DVT to a single ultrasound examination...
- REGULATION OF MUSCLE BLOOD FLOW IN OLD AGEDavid Proctor; Fiscal Year: 2003..and vasodilator responsiveness in the leg? These questions will be investigated by measuring leg blood flow (femoral vein thermodilution), leg norepinephrine spillover, arterial pressure, and cardiac output (acetylene uptake) during ..
- ANTIBODIES WITH PROTHROMBINASE ACTIVITY IN LUPUSPerumal Thiagarajan; Fiscal Year: 2003..depletion of circulating prothrombin, consumption of coagulation factors and enhanced occlusion of the femoral vein. These studies will permit assessment of the extent to which the prothrombinase autoantibodies contribute ..
- INSULIN AND SARCOPENIA IN THE ELDERLYElena Volpi; Fiscal Year: 2004..muscle protein kinetics at graded insulin infusion rates that will increase insulin concentration in the femoral vein to approximatley 30 muU/ml (low dose), approximately 80 muU/ml (prandial dose), approximately 200 muU/ml (high ..
- GENE THERAPY DEVICE FOR TREATMENT OF HEMOPHILIA BETADEBORAH BUFFINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2002..of a Greenfield filter) that is introducable and retractable via a percutaneous catheter insertion through the femoral vein into the inferior vena cava. The IVD may be used to deliver any desired compound via cell or gene therapy...
- INTERSTITIAL FLUID FLOW IN BONE REMODELINGJohn Frangos; Fiscal Year: 2004..Specifically, (1) we will characterize the effects of altered IFF induced by femoral vein ligation on histomorphometry, femoral dimensions, mechanical properties, mineral content, and mineral density ..
- Development of a Perfusion-induced Systemic Hyperthermia Delivery ApparatusJoseph Zwischenberger; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of this project is to develop a clinical system for inducing full body hyperthermia to treat metastatic lung cancer. The system is based on a Phase I clinical trial demonstrating the efficacy of such a treatment. ..
- Surrogate markers for Severe Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will determine if criteria that are widely and immediately available in most hospitals can be used to risk-stratify severity of PE and to clarify the role of nonmalignant thrombophilias on the prognosis of PE. ..
- IMMUNOLOGIC STUDIES OF PATIENTS AFTER TRAUMATIC INJURYJohn Mannick; Fiscal Year: 2005..3. Define the interactions of cells of the innate and adaptive immune systems in the induction of the SIRS and CARS responses to injury in genetically altered mice. ..
- Expired CO2/O2 Analysis to Diagnose Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will fund a clinical study designed to test the diagnostic accuracy of a hand- held breath device that detects the altered gas exchange physiology caused by PE in post-surgical and other patients at high risk for PE. ..
- Percutaneous MR Guided Creation of a Meso-Caval ShuntAravind Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Sex and the endocrine regulation of fuel metabolismTRACY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..In this GnRH suppression study, metabolism will be assessed via stable isotope measures of glycerol, FFA and glucose turnover and whole-body respiratory gas exchange measures. ..
- IMMUNOLOGIC STUDIES OF PATIENTS AFTER TRAUMATIC INJURYJohn Mannick; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- IMMUNOLOGIC STUDIES OF PATIENTS AFTER TRAUMATIC INJURYJohn Mannick; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Effect of Age on Vein Graft Neointimal FormationBrian Cooley; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, the establishment of an age-associated model of vein grafting will permit age-specific evaluation of new therapeutic avenues for inhibiting neointimal formation. ..
- Pretest Probability Assessment for Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..In phase III, we will test the validity of the PE PREtest Consult TM and determine if the use of the PE PREtest ConsultTM will decrease unnecessary testing for PE. ..
- The role of hypoxia in venous neointimal hyperplasia in hemodialysis graftsSanjay Misra; Fiscal Year: 2010..The long term goal of this current proposal and research program is to improve the care of patients with ESRD, the vast majority of who use long-term hemodialysis as their mode of renal replacement therapy. ..