Genomes and Genes
Summary: The vein accompanying the femoral artery in the same sheath; it is a continuation of the popliteal vein and becomes the external iliac vein.
Publications201 found, 100 shown here
- The importance of monophasic Doppler waveforms in the common femoral vein: a retrospective studyEdward P Lin
Department of Imaging Sciences, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 601 Elmwood Ave, Box 648, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Ultrasound Med 26:885-91. 2007The purpose of this study was to assess the importance of monophasic waveforms encountered in the common femoral vein during deep venous thrombosis evaluation by a retrospective review of lower extremity venous Doppler (VD) sonography and ..
- Early Palma procedure after iliac vein injury in abdominal penetrating traumaFrancisco Alcocer
Department of Surgery, Hospital Central, Colonia Universitaria, San Luis Potosi, Mexico
J Vasc Surg 48:745-8. 2008....
- Extension of saphenous thrombus into the femoral vein: a potential complication of new endovenous ablation techniquesGeza Mozes
Division of Vascular Surgery, Mayo Clinic, 200 First St, SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
J Vasc Surg 41:130-5. 2005..We encountered three cases (7.7%) with thrombus extension into the common femoral vein. All three patients were anticoagulated, and a temporary inferior vena cava filter was placed in one...
- Effectiveness of thigh-length graduated compression stockings to reduce the risk of deep vein thrombosis after stroke (CLOTS trial 1): a multicentre, randomised controlled trialM Dennis
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Edinburgh, Bramwell Dott Building, Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Lancet 373:1958-65. 2009..National stroke guidelines extrapolating from these trials recommend their use in patients with stroke despite insufficient evidence. We assessed the effectiveness of thigh-length GCS to reduce DVT after stroke...
- Evaluation of cuff-induced ischemia in the lower extremity by magnetic resonance oximetryMichael C Langham
Department of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:598-606. 2010....
- Development of thrombus in a systemic vein after balloon-occluded retrograde transvenous obliteration of gastric varicesRika Yoshimatsu
Department of Radiology, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto 602 8566, Japan
Korean J Radiol 13:324-31. 2012....
- Cardiac resynchronization via the femoral vein: a novel method in cases with contraindications to the pectoral approachZaheer Yousef
Department of Cardiology, Good Hope Hospital, Sutton Coldfield, UK
Europace 8:144-6. 2006We describe a case involving biventricular pacemaker implantation via the right femoral vein in a patient where subclavian vein access was not possible.
- High incidence of occult femoral vein thrombosis related to multiple venous sheaths during electrophysiological studiesV Davutoglu
Heart 90:1061-2. 2004
- Experience with cryopreserved cadaveric femoral vein allografts used for hemodialysis accessRobert L Madden
Department of Surgery, Transplant Division, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 18:453-8. 2004..These allografts are more resistant to infection but significantly more susceptible to aneurysms. When used, vein allografts should be monitored aggressively for the development of aneurysms...
- [Leiomyosarcoma of the superficial femoral vein. Case report]A Dinis da Gama
Clínica Universitária de Cirurgia Vascular e Serviço de Anatomia Patológica do Hospital de Santa Maria, Lisboa
Rev Port Cir Cardiotorac Vasc 16:97-101. 2009..of the superficial femoral artery and a surgical biopsy revealed the diagnosis of leiomyosarcoma of the femoral vein, grade 3 of malignancy. The patient underwent a complete resection of the tumor, followed by chemotherapy...
- Capture of platelets to the endothelium of the femoral vein is mediated by CD62P and CD162J E Slotta
Department of Surgery, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Platelets 20:505-12. 2009..we investigated primary and secondary interactions between platelets, leukocytes and endothelial cells in the femoral vein in vivo with special regard to the role of CD62P (P-selectin) and CD162 (PSGL-1)...
- Use of an active-fixation coronary sinus lead to implant a biventricular pacemaker via the femoral veinAdrian Shandling
Memorial Heart Institute, Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Long Beach, California 90806, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 37:92-4. 2010..We believe that this is the 1st report of this procedure...
- Does intermittent pneumatic compression reduce the risk of post stroke deep vein thrombosis? The CLOTS 3 trial: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialMartin Dennis
Division of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Edinburgh Western General Hospital, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Trials 13:26. 2012..The CLOTS trial 3 aims to determine whether, compared with best medical care, best medical care plus intermittent pneumatic compression in immobile stroke patients reduces the risk of proximal deep vein thrombosis...
- Ventriculovascular shunts via the femoral vein: a temporary feasible alternative in pediatric hydrocephalusRaquel Gutiérrez-González
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital Universitario Clinico San Carlos, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Pediatr Surg 45:2274-7. 2010Ventriculovascular shunts via the femoral vein have been described as a feasible alternative for cerebrospinal fluid diversion in those complex cases of hydrocephalus in which other accesses are discarded. However, experience is short...
- Femoral vein cannulation performed by residents: a comparison between ultrasound-guided and landmark technique in infants and children undergoing cardiac surgeryMarie T Aouad
Department of Anesthesiology, American University of Beirut, P O Box 11 0236, Beirut, Lebanon
Anesth Analg 111:724-8. 2010Percutaneous cannulation of the femoral vein, in the pediatric age group, can be technically challenging, especially when performed by residents in training...
- Superficial femoral vein graft interposition in situ repair for femoral mycotic aneurysmJoseph R Schneider
Vascular and Interventional Program of Central DuPage Hospital, Winfield, IL Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 23:147-9. 2009..However, the superficial femoral vein has been used successfully as an in situ replacement after removal of infected aortic prostheses...
- Groin region as recipient site for experimental composite tissue allotransplantation and a rare anatomical variation of femoral veinBetul Gozel Ulusal
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:447-8. 2007
- Superficial femoral vein as a conduit for portal vein reconstruction during pancreaticoduodenectomyJason B Fleming
Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Arch Surg 140:698-701. 2005
- External femoral vein valvuloplasty with limited anterior plication (LAP): a 10-year randomized, follow-up studyG Belcaro
Irvine Laboratory, St Mary s Hospital at Imperial College, London, UK
Angiology 50:531-6. 1999The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects after 10 years of external valvuloplasty of the femoral vein (limited anterior plication or LAP)...
- Adventitial cystic disease of the femoral vein: report of a caseTsutomu Sugimoto
Department of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, Tachikawa General Hospital, 3 2 11 Kanda, Nagaoka, Niigata 940 8621, Japan
Surg Today 34:286-8. 2004Adventitial cystic disease (ACD) of the veins is a rare phenomenon, and ACD of the femoral vein is particularly difficult to diagnose due to the similarity in symptoms to those of deep vein thrombosis...
- Ultrasonographic investigation of the effect of inguinal compression on the cross-sectional area of the femoral veinJin Tae Kim
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul, Korea
Acad Emerg Med 15:101-3. 2008The reverse Trendelenburg position increases the cross-sectional area (CSA) of the femoral vein, making it easier to cannulate, although this position is potentially harmful in hypovolemic patients...
- The anatomic relationship of femoral vein to femoral artery in euvolemic pediatric patients by ultrasonography: implications for pediatric femoral central venous accessFred H Warkentine
Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville Health Sciences Center, Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Kosair Children s Hospital, Louisville, KY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 15:426-30. 2008Knowledge of the femoral vein (FV) anatomy in pediatric patients is important in the selection of appropriate size central line catheters as well as the approach to central venous access...
- Ultrasonographic investigation of the effect of reverse Trendelenburg on the cross-sectional area of the femoral veinMichael B Stone
Department of Emergency Medicine, Alameda County Medical Center, Highland Campus, Oakland, California 94602, USA
J Emerg Med 30:211-3. 2006Emergency physicians often obtain central venous access via the femoral vein in critically ill patients or patients with difficult peripheral access due to chronic intravenous drug use...
- The incidence of infectious complications of central venous catheters at the subclavian, internal jugular, and femoral sites in an intensive care unit populationKedar S Deshpande
Montefiore Medical Center and the Jacobi Medical Center, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, USA
Crit Care Med 33:13-20; discussion 234-5. 2005..The objective was to assess the risk of central venous catheter infection with respect to the site of insertion in an intensive care unit population. The subclavian, internal jugular, and femoral sites were studied...
- Is the central venous pressure reading equally reliable if the central line is inserted via the femoral veinJoel Desmond
Emergency Department, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Oxford Road, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Emerg Med J 20:467-9. 2003..The author, date and country of publication, patient group studied, study type, relevant outcomes, results and study weaknesses of these best papers are tabulated. A clinical bottom line is stated...
- Common femoral vein aneurysm simulating an inguinal herniaEric T Castaldo
Department of Surgery, Division of Vascular Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Am Surg 71:591-4. 2005Common femoral vein aneurysms are rare, yet knowledge of this entity is important for the surgeon who performs hernia repairs...
- Femoral vein transposition for arteriovenous hemodialysis access: improved patient selection and intraoperative measures reduce postoperative ischemiaWayne S Gradman
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, USA
J Vasc Surg 41:279-84. 2005..Autogenous femoral artery-common femoral thigh transposition (transposed femoral vein [tFV]) arteriovenous accesses have superior patency, but our previous report documented a high incidence of ..
- Endovascular management of iliac vein occlusive diseaseEric J Ley
Division of Vascular Surgery, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 18:228-33. 2004..Recanalization of obstructed iliac vein segments can be performed successfully and leads to improvement in pain and edema in the affected limb. Midterm patency rates are excellent...
- Variations in lower limb venous anatomy: implications for US diagnosis of deep vein thrombosisDaniel J Quinlan
Department of Radiology, King s College Hospital, Denmark Hill, London SE5 9RS, England
Radiology 228:443-8. 2003..To retrospectively review bilateral venograms free of thrombus to evaluate the frequency and types of variations seen in venous anatomy...
- Abdominal compression effectively increases the size of the common femoral vein, as measured by ultrasonographyJames Charles Rowland Rippey
Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital, Nedlands, Western Australia, Australia
Ann Emerg Med 52:446-52. 2008We determine the effect of abdominal compression on common femoral vein cross-sectional area. The effects of Valsalva maneuver and reverse Trendelenburg's position are also studied.
- Effect of hip abduction and external rotation on femoral vein exposure for possible cannulationSandra L Werner
MetroHealth Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44109, USA
J Emerg Med 35:73-5. 2008b>Femoral vein access is often required during resuscitation efforts and when other routes of intravenous access are difficult. This study evaluated by ultrasound the effect of abduction/external rotation of the hip on venous accessibility...
- Surgical thrombectomy followed by intraoperative endovascular reconstruction for symptomatic ilio-femoral venous thrombosisM H M Schwarzbach
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Heidelberg, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 29:58-66. 2005..To evaluate the efficacy of surgical thrombectomy combined with endovascular reconstruction for acute ilio-femoral/caval venous thrombosis...
- Percutaneous image-guided aspiration and sclerosis of adventitial cystic disease of the femoral veinJason M Johnson
Section of Interventional Radiology, Department of Radiology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Fletcher Allen Health Care, 111 Colchester Avenue, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 32:812-6. 2009..Computed tomography showed a cystic mass adherent to the wall of the common femoral vein. An ultrasound examination revealed a deep venous thrombosis of the leg, secondary to extrinsic compression of ..
- The effect of inguinal compression, Valsalva maneuver, and reverse Trendelenburg position on the cross-sectional area of the femoral vein in childrenJin Tae Kim
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Jongnogu, Seoul, Korea
Anesth Analg 108:1493-6. 2009..In this study, we evaluated these methods using ultrasonography in children...
- Anatomical variations of the femoral veinJean Francois Uhl
URDIA, University Paris Descartes, Neuilly sur Seine, France
J Vasc Surg 52:714-9. 2010..Our aim was to study the prevalence of the different anatomical variations of the femoral vein at the thigh level.
- Effects of reverse Trendelenburg position and inguinal compression on femoral vein cross-sectional area in infants and young childrenE H Suk
Department of Anaesthesiology and Pain Medicine, Asan Medical Center, Ulsan University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Anaesthesia 64:399-402. 2009..of the reverse Trendelenburg position and additional inguinal compression on the cross-sectional area of the femoral vein in paediatric patients. Seventy subjects were allocated to two groups: the infants group and the children group...
- Nerve growth factor is expressed in rat femoral veinMarci H Levine
Skeletal Biology Research Center and Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, 55 Fruit Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 60:729-33; discussion 734. 2002..The purpose of this pilot study was to localize NGF protein expression in the rat femoral vein.
- Femoral vein harvest for vascular reconstructions: pitfalls and tips for successStephen T Smith
Department of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9157, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 21:35-40. 2008..Information regarding the preoperative evaluation, postoperative surveillance, reintervention, and venous morbidity is provided. The femoral-popliteal vein graft has proven to be a durable conduit with minimal late venous morbidity...
- Vascular reconstruction with the superficial femoral vein following major oncologic resectionAndrew McKay
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Surg Oncol 96:151-9. 2007..This study describes outcomes following radical oncologic resection with concomitant resection of critical vascular structures and reconstruction with the superficial femoral vein (SFV).
- Superficial femoral vein aneurysm with massive pulmonary embolismVikas Pandey
Regional Vascular Unit, 2nd Floor Waller Cardiac Building, Mary Stanford Wing, St Mary s Hospital, London W2 1NY, UK
J R Soc Med 96:460-1. 2003
- Uses and complications of central venous catheters inserted in a pediatric emergency departmentV W Chiang
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Pediatr Emerg Care 16:230-2. 2000..To describe the incidence, indications, insertion sites, duration, and complications of central venous catheter (CVC) insertion in patients in a pediatric emergency department (ED)...
- Surgical reconstruction of iliofemoral veins and the inferior vena cava for nonmalignant occlusive diseaseC J Jost
Division of Vascular Surgery, The Department of Diagnostic Radiology, and the Section of Biostatistics, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:320-7; discussion 327-8. 2001..3; cavoatrial, 1), 6 patients had spiral vein grafts (5 iliac/femoral and 1 cavoatrial), and 1 underwent femoral vein patch angioplasty. Clinical follow-up averaged 3.5 years (median, 2...
- Cystic adventitial disease of the femoral vein presenting as deep vein thrombosis: a case report and review of the literatureFrancis P Dix
Department of Vascular Surgery, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, United Kingdom
J Vasc Surg 44:871-4. 2006..We report the case of a 28-year-old man who presented with a swollen leg secondary to obstruction of the common femoral vein as a result of this disease. He underwent excision of the cyst and made a full recovery...
- The anatomic relationship between the common femoral artery and common femoral vein in frog leg position versus straight leg position in pediatric patientsJennifer W Hopkins
Department of Pediatrics, University of Louisville Health Sciences Center, Kosair Children s Hospital, Louisville, KY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 16:579-84. 2009Overlap of the femoral artery (FA) on the femoral vein (FV) has been shown to occur in pediatric patients. This overlap may increase complications such as arterial puncture and failed insertions of central venous lines (CVLs)...
- Arteriovenous fistula construction in the thigh with transposed superficial femoral vein: our initial experienceW S Gradman
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:968-75. 2001..This report describes our experience constructing AVFs in the lower extremities of selected patients with the superficial femoral vein (SFV).
- Bile duct replacement using an autologous femoral vein graft: an experimental study. Preliminary resultsPablo Capitanich
Departments of Surgery, Hospital Aleman, C1118ATT Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Gastrointest Surg 9:369-73. 2005..Further experimental studies should be carried out to validate these findings so they can be implemented in clinical cases...
- A rare case of leiomyosarcoma arising from a femoral vein tributary: a case reportNikolaos Paraskevas
Service de Chirurgie Vasculaire et Thoracique, Hôpital Bichat and Assistance Publique des Hôpitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 7, Paris Cedex 18, France
Vasc Med 14:149-51. 2009..Involvement of major veins in the limbs is uncommon and of small veins or tributaries extremely uncommon. We report a case of leiomyosarcoma originating from a tributary of the femoral vein in a 55-year-old woman.
- Treatment of painful peripheral neuromas by vein implantationRyosuke Kakinoki
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shougoin, Kawahara cho, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Int Orthop 27:60-4. 2003..In none of the experiments was a neuroma formed. Secondly, we treated ten neuromas in ten patients by the vein-implantation method. We obtained excellent results in seven patients...
- Use of superficial femoral vein in the treatment of infected aortoiliofemoral prosthetic graftsM A Cardozo
Discipline of Angiology and Vascular Surgery, Fundacao Faculdade Federal de Ciencias Medicas, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Cardiovasc Surg 10:304-10. 2002To assess the use of the superficial femoral vein for the reconstruction of the aortoiliofemoral sector in the treatment of prosthetic infections.
- Ten-year experience in autogenous reconstruction with the femoral vein in the treatment of aortofemoral prosthetic infectionK Daenens
Center for Vascular Diseases, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 25:240-5. 2003..to study the short and long term effectiveness of in situ replacement of infected aortic grafts with the lower extremity deep veins...
- Dual-lumen catheters for continuous venovenous hemofiltration: limits for blood delivery via femoral vein access and a potential alternative in an experimental setting in anesthetized pigsJuliane K Unger
Department of Comparative Medicine and Laboratory Animal Sciences, Charite Campus Virchow Klinikum, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
Crit Care 11:R18. 2007..We performed an experimental animal study to verify these assumptions...
- Effect of the venous catheter site on transpulmonary thermodilution measurement variablesSven Schmidt
Medizinische Klinik IV Nephrology, Charite Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Crit Care Med 35:783-6. 2007..g., in burn victims or due to contraindications for Trendelenburg position). The present study investigates whether femoral vein access can be used to obtain clinically acceptable values.
- Successful treatment of a femoral artery pseudoaneurysm mimicking a deep venous thrombosis following cardiac catheterizationGregory M Gauthier
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, Wisconsin 53792, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 57:75-8. 2002..The patient had complete resolution of the pseudoaneurysm and his symptoms following treatment with ultrasound-guided percutaneous thrombin injection...
- Complications of femoral and subclavian venous catheterization in critically ill patients: a randomized controlled trialJ Merrer
Service de Reanimation Medicale, Hôpital de Poissy St Germain en Laye, 10 rue du Champ Gaillard, 78303 Poissy, France
JAMA 286:700-7. 2001..Whether venous catheterization at the femoral site is associated with an increased risk of complications compared with that at the subclavian site is debated...
- Primary intravascular myxoid leiomyosarcoma of the femoral vein presenting clinically as deep vein thrombosis: a case reportManish Mani Subramaniam
Virchows Arch 450:235-7. 2007
- Primary vascular leiomyosarcoma of the femoral vein leading to metastases of scalp and lungsC H Gow
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 17:201. 2005
- [Central venous catheterization: complications of different placements]F Iovino
III Divisione di Chirurgia Generale e Oncologica, Seconda Universita degli Studi di Napoli, Piazza Miraglia 2, 80122 Napoli, Italie
Ann Chir 126:1001-6. 2001....
- Acute thigh compartment syndrome post femoral vein catheterization: a case reportMark W Asplund
Surgical Associates, SC, Wausau, WI 54401, USA
WMJ 107:244-6. 2008This case report presents a previously unreported etiology of acute thigh compartment syndrome following ipsilateral femoral vein catheterization, including clinical results and a brief review of the literature.
- Great mediastinal vein reconstruction using autologous superficial femoral vein superficial femoral vein graftEhab Eshtaya
Division of Cardiac Surgery, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Card Surg 23:736-8. 2008..Autologous conduits have been found superior to other conduit options. The superficial femoral vein (SFV) offers excellent early patency, minimal lower limb morbidity, and ease of harvest without accessory ..
- Ultrasonic locating devices for central venous cannulation: meta-analysisDaniel Hind
School of Health and Related Research, Regent Court, Sheffield S1 4DA
BMJ 327:361. 2003..To assess the evidence for the clinical effectiveness of ultrasound guided central venous cannulation...
- Real-time ultrasound-guided femoral vein catheterization during cardiopulmonary resuscitationW M Hilty
Department of Emergency Medicine, Highland General Hospital, Oakland, California, USA
Ann Emerg Med 29:331-6; discussion 337. 1997To compare the use of real-time-ultrasound guidance with the standard landmark-oriented approach for obtaining femoral vein catheterization in patients requiring intravenous access during CPR.
- Common femoral vein dimensions and hemodynamics including Valsalva response as a function of sex, age, and ethnicity in a population studyA Fronek
Departments of Surgery and Bioengineering, University of California, San Diego, USA
J Vasc Surg 33:1050-6. 2001In this study we assessed the normal common femoral vein (CFV) dimensions and related hemodynamics in a cohort assembled to permit contrasts by means of sex, age, and ethnicity.
- Femoral central venous catheter-associated deep venous thrombosis in children with diabetic ketoacidosisJuan A Gutierrez
Department of Pediatrics, Steele Memorial Children s Research Center, University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, USA
Crit Care Med 31:80-3. 2003..To describe the incidence of clinical deep venous thrombosis associated with femoral central venous catheters (CVC-DVT) in children with diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)...
- Influence of insertion site on central venous catheter colonization and bloodstream infection ratesJohn R Gowardman
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Woman s Hospital, Herston, Brisbane, QLD 4029, Australia
Intensive Care Med 34:1038-45. 2008..To compare colonization and catheter-related bloodstream infection (CR-BSI) rates among three insertion sites (subclavian, internal jugular, femoral) used for central venous catheter (CVC) placement...
- Femoral and iliac vein stenoses after prolonged femoral vein catheter insertionWaclaw Weyde
Department of Nephrology and Transplantation Medicine, Wroclaw University of Medicine, Poland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:1618-21. 2004Catheterization of the femoral vein is a safe and recommended method of temporary access for haemodialysis. In some patients, however, because of the lack of other possibilities, it is necessary to maintain long-term femoral cannulation...
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia presenting with extreme hyperleukocytosis and thrombosis of the common femoral veinTali Cukierman
Department of Internal Medicine, Hadassah Hebrew University Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Leuk Lymphoma 43:1865-8. 2002..The patient has since been successfully maintained with chemotherapy. We conclude that leukopheresis should be considered as the therapy of choice in CLL patients presenting with major complications of leukostasis...
- Effects of ankle exercise combined with deep breathing on blood flow velocity in the femoral veinOh Yun Kwon
Department of Physical Therapy, Yonsei University, South Korea
Aust J Physiother 49:253-8. 2003..study examined the effects of ankle exercise combined with deep breathing on the blood flow velocity in the femoral vein. Twenty healthy males (mean age 21...
- Superficial femoral vein as substitute for pulmonary artery reconstruction after resection for bronchovascular fistulaNikos Kotzampassakis
Division of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 136:525-7. 2008
- Transvenous liver biopsy via the femoral veinF Khosa
Department of Radiology, St James s Hospital, Dublin 8, Ireland
Clin Radiol 58:487-91. 2003....
- Clinical experience of percutaneous femoral venous catheterization in critically ill preterm infants less than 1,000 gramsK B Chen
Department of Anesthesiology, China Medical College and China Medical College Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Anesthesiology 95:637-9. 2001..Central venous catheterization is indicated for pressure monitoring, drug therapy, and nutrition supplementation, which are often critical in the anesthetic management of infants undergoing major surgery...
- Femoral vein size in newborns and infants: preliminary investigationO A Akingbola
Tulane School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Crit Care 4:120-3. 2000The femoral vein is an important site for central venous access in newborns and infants...
- Iliofemoral-popliteal phlebothrombosis in twin pregnancy treated with cesarean section and thrombectomy in the same act: a case reportDubravko Habek
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Zagreb University, Sveti Duh Hospital, Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
Am J Perinatol 23:219-21. 2006..Thrombectomy by use of a Fogarty catheter with previous protection from thrombus embolization by proximal placement of temporary occlusion was performed at the same time as the cesarean section for completion of premature delivery...
- Neovalve construction in postthrombotic syndromeOscar Maleti
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Hesperia Hospital, Modena, Italy
J Vasc Surg 43:794-9. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate a new neovalve construction technique in postthrombotic syndrome. The surgical procedure is described, and preliminary results of the first case series are given...
- [Inferior vena cava malformations and deep venous thrombosis]María J García-Fuster
Servicio de Medicina Interna, Hospital Clinico Universitario de Valencia, Valencia, Espana
Rev Esp Cardiol 59:171-5. 2006..Two patients with an anomaly had recurrent thrombotic occlusion. In conclusion, congenital IVC anomalies were present in 16.2% (95% confidence interval, 6.2-32%) of young patients with iliac thrombosis...
- Endoluminal recanalization in a patient with phlegmasia cerulea dolens using a multimodality approach-a case reportStephanie C Lin
Department of Vascular Surgery, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Cornell University, Weill Medical School and Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10021, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 39:273-9. 2005..This multimodality endovascular approach (chemical and mechanical interventions) was successful in relieving the venous occlusion and salvaging the limb, while maintaining appropriate treatment for heparin-induced thrombocytopenia...
- [Effect of external vavuloplasty of deep vein in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency of lower extremity]Shen Ming Wang
Department of Vascular Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510080, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 43:853-6. 2005..To verify the role and effect of external vavuloplasty in the treatment of chronic venous insufficiency (CVI) of lower extremity...
- The case for thrombolysis for iliofemoral venous thrombosisEric Peden
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Semin Vasc Surg 18:139-47. 2005..In this article, relevant clinical evidence and rationale in support of thrombolytic therapy in ileofemoral deep venous thrombosis are discussed...
- Catheter directed thrombolysis for treatment of ilio-femoral deep venous thrombosis is durable, preserves venous valve function and may prevent chronic venous insufficiencyH Sillesen
Department of Vascular Surgery, Gentofte University Hospital, Hellerup, Denmark
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 30:556-62. 2005..To investigate the results of catheter directed thrombolysis offered to patients with acute femoro-iliac deep venous thrombosis (DVT)...
- Closure of a surgically created arteriovenous fistula with a covered stent-graft in a patient with venous ambulatory hypertension--a case reportZachary C Schmittling
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, IL 62794, USA
Vasc Endovascular Surg 39:363-6. 2005..A 37-year-old woman with symptomatic venous ambulatory hypertension underwent a left common femoral vein-to-right common iliac vein bypass using 10 mm ringed polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) with creation of an ..
- Location and length of arteriovenous fistulas around axial-pattern skin-flap pediclesM Oguz Yenidunya
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Reconstr Microsurg 17:519-30. 2001..3). An island skin flap with an arteriovenous fistula distal to its pedicle might be a useful model to study the relationship between skin-flap viability and edema formation...
- Complex bypasses and fistulas for difficult hemodialysis access: a prospective, single-center experienceEric S Chemla
South West London, Surrey and Sussex Renal Transplant Network, London, UK
Semin Dial 19:246-50. 2006..1), contralateral internal jugular vein bypass (n = 6), femorofemoral crossover bypass (n = 1), superficial femoral vein transposition (n = 5), axillary artery to popliteal vein bypass (n = 5), or femoral artery to right atrium ..
- Total knee replacement: prevention of deep-vein thrombosis using pharmacological (low-molecular-weight heparin) and mechanical (intermittent foot sole pump system) combined prophylaxis. Preliminary resultsM F Giannoni
Department of Vascular Surgery, La Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Int Angiol 25:316-21. 2006..The aim of this study was to determine the role of combined mechanical and pharmacological prophylaxis in the prevention of deep venous thrombosis (DVT) after total knee replacement (TKR)...
- Vascular ultrasound imaging to study immediate postcatheterization vascular complications in childrenSnehal Kulkarni
Division of Pediatric Cardiology, Frontier Lifeline Dr K M Cherian Heart Foundation R 30 C, Ambattur Industrial Estate Road, Mogappair, Chennai 600102, India
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:450-5. 2006..Our study shows vascular ultrasound imaging can provide anatomical details of femoral and iliac vessels and is a easier and accurate method of assessing post-catheterization vascular complications in children...
- Popliteal venous aneurysm and iliofemoral thrombosisLawrence M Gillman
Department of Surgery, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Can J Surg 51:E17-8. 2008
- Mid-term results of peripheric cannulation after port-access surgeryErtan Sagbas
Department of Cardiac Surgery, Istanbul Science University, Group Florence Nightingale Hospitals, Abidei Hurriyet Caddesi 290, 34381 Sisli, Istanbul, Turkey
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 6:744-7. 2007..We found a chronic recanalized thrombotic change in the common femoral vein (CFV) in one patient (0.63%)...
- [Hereditary thrombophilia and systemic sclerosis. An unusual case report]Giovanna Minenna
Sezione di Reumatologia, Dipartimento Medicina Interna e Medicina Pubblica, Universita, Bari
Recenti Prog Med 98:175-8. 2007..No similar case was reported in literature; therefore, further studies must go ahead understand the possible relation between the two pathologies...
- The management of arterial and venous injuries during saphenous vein surgeryGiustino Marcucci
Department of Vascular Surgery, S Paolo Hospital ASL RMF, Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:432-3. 2008..Diagnosis is often delayed and outcome depends on the severity of injury. We report two cases of severe ischemia due to arterial lesion during varicose veins surgery...
- Iliac vein stenting for chronic venous insufficiencyFiras F Mussa
Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy, Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Tex Heart Inst J 34:60-6. 2007..We conclude that endovenous stenting is the current method of choice in the treatment of chronic venous obstruction...
- Thrombosis in unusual sites of the lower extremity veinsNicos Labropoulos
Department of Surgery, Stony Brook University Medical Center, Stony Brook, NY 11794 8191, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:1022-7. 2008..Thrombosis in unusual locations in the lower extremity veins has not been assessed. These veins are not imaged routinely and therefore information about them is lacking...
- [Reconstructive operations in unilateral occlusions of the iliac vein]D D Sultanov
Angiol Sosud Khir 13:85-9. 2007..In a further eight patients, the primary cause of thrombosis had been catheterization of the femoral vein in childhood...
- Can emergency medicine residents detect acute deep venous thrombosis with a limited, two-site ultrasound examination?Jeanne Jacoby
Emergency Medicine Residency Program, St Luke s Hospital, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18015, USA
J Emerg Med 32:197-200. 2007..EM residents can perform a limited duplex examination with considerable but not perfect accuracy after receiving very limited instruction...
- Successful iliac vein and inferior vena cava stenting ameliorates venous claudication and improves venous outflow, calf muscle pump function, and clinical status in post-thrombotic syndromeKonstantinos T Delis
Department of Vascular Surgery, Gonda Vascular Center, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Ann Surg 245:130-9. 2007..These patients had previously failed to improve with conservative treatment entailing compression and/or wound care for at least 12 months...
- Catheter-direct thrombolysis versus pharmacomechanical thrombectomy for treatment of symptomatic lower extremity deep venous thrombosisPeter H Lin
Michael E DeBakey Department of Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston Veterans Affairs Medical Center 112, 2002 Holcomb Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Am J Surg 192:782-8. 2006..The purpose of the current study was to compare the treatment outcome in patients with symptomatic DVT who underwent either catheter-directed thrombolysis (CDT) or PMT intervention...
- Early and late complications of silicone patch saphenoplasty at the saphenofemoral junctionMarianne G De Maeseneer
Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, University Hospital Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
J Vasc Surg 44:1285-90. 2006..A prospective study examined the incidence of complications after patch saphenoplasty in primary and repeat varicose vein surgery...
- Acute pancreatitis: A complication associated with rheolytic mechanical thrombectomy of deep venous thrombosisKenneth T Piercy
Division of Surgical Sciences, Section on Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157 1095, USA
J Vasc Surg 44:1110-3. 2006..To our knowledge, this complication has been previously reported in only two cases...
- Outcomes of combined superficial femoral endovascular revascularization and popliteal to distal bypass for patients with tissue lossJ Lantis
Division of Vascular Surgery, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 22:366-71. 2008..The conduit was greater saphenous vein in 16 cases, femoral vein in three cases, and arm vein in three cases. Follow-up ranged from 3 months to 4 years...
- Neoaortoiliac reconstructions using femoropopliteal veins: MDCT angiography findingsJorge E Lopera
Department of Radiology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
AJR Am J Roentgenol 191:569-77. 2008..In this article, we discuss the neoaortoiliac system procedure, a surgical procedure that uses femoropopliteal vein segments for arterial reconstructions in patients with aortofemoral prosthetic graft infections...
- The safety and efficacy of the StarClose Vascular Closure System: the ultrasound substudy of the CLIP studyM R Jaff
VasCore, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 68:684-9. 2006..This is the report of the duplex ultrasound (DUS) substudy of the CLIP trial...
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis of acute deep vein thrombosis in the lower extremity of a child with interrupted inferior vena cavaLevent Oguzkurt
Department of Radiology, Baskent University, Adana Teaching and Medical Research Center, Adana, Turkey
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:332-4. 2007..Our results suggest that catheter-directed thrombolysis is safe and effective for use in selected older children and adolescents with acute DVT in the lower extremity...
- Iliofemoral venous thrombosisAnthony J Comerota
Jobst Vascular Center, The Toledo Hospital, Toledo, Ohio 43606, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:1065-76. 2007....
- Iliac compression syndrome and recanalization of femoropopliteal and iliac venous thrombosis: a prospective study with magnetic resonance venographyDouglas G W Fraser
Department of Cardiology, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham, UK
J Vasc Surg 40:612-9. 2004..We compared recanalization of left femoropopliteal and iliac thrombosis with and without RCIA/LCIV compression...
- Surrogate measures of endothelial dysfunction with integrated MRIMICHAEL LANGHAM; Fiscal Year: 2013..velocity in the femoral artery and for quantifying the time-course of blood oxygen resaturation in the femoral vein during hyperemia, referred to as "dynamic oximetry...
- AIRWAY PHARMACOLOGY DURING ONTOGENESISJames Douglas; Fiscal Year: 1993..It is proposed to chronically catheterize the guinea pig femoral vein to allow repeated samplings of plasma during maturation...
- ANTIBODIES WITH PROTHROMBINASE ACTIVITY IN LUPUSPerumal Thiagarajan; Fiscal Year: 2003..depletion of circulating prothrombin, consumption of coagulation factors and enhanced occlusion of the femoral vein. These studies will permit assessment of the extent to which the prothrombinase autoantibodies contribute ..
- FUEL METABOLISM DURING AND AFTER EXERCISE IN DIABETESJohn Devlin; Fiscal Year: 1991..forearm) and exercised (leg) limbs will be measured using an "arterialized" hand vein and deep forearm and femoral vein catheters, with forearm blood flow determined non-invasively by impedance plethysmography...
- DOPPLER ULTRASOUND VENOUS EMBOLI MONITORMARK MOEHRING; Fiscal Year: 1999..In Phase II, a novel device with enhancements for easy location of the pulmonary artery or femoral vein will be constructed and used to determine prevalence of microemboli in a series of patients presenting with ..
- DECREASING ABDOMINAL PRESSURE AND OBESITY COMORBIDITYHarvey Sugerman; Fiscal Year: 1999..by arterial blood gases and lung volumes), lumbar cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) pressure, internal jugular and femoral vein diameters and flows, and gastroesophageal reflux (as measured by an indwelling esophageal pH probe)...
- FETAL NUTRIENT THERAPY: EFFECTS ON GROWTH RETARDATIONValerie Charlton; Fiscal Year: 1992..Equal caloric infusions of either glucose or amino acids will initially be given via the fetal femoral vein; alternate routes will be used in later studies...
- GENE THERAPY DEVICE FOR TREATMENT OF HEMOPHILIA BETADEBORAH BUFFINGTON; Fiscal Year: 2002..of a Greenfield filter) that is introducable and retractable via a percutaneous catheter insertion through the femoral vein into the inferior vena cava. The IVD may be used to deliver any desired compound via cell or gene therapy...
- Effect of Age on Vein Graft Neointimal FormationBrian Cooley; Fiscal Year: 2003..Furthermore, the establishment of an age-associated model of vein grafting will permit age-specific evaluation of new therapeutic avenues for inhibiting neointimal formation. ..
- Low-Cost Digital Imaging System for Evaluating ThrombosisBrian Cooley; Fiscal Year: 2008..This imaging methodology may have a capacity for future adaptation to clinical thrombosis imaging. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REGULATION OF MUSCLE BLOOD FLOW IN OLDER WOMEN AND MENDavid Proctor; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Prevention of Catheter-Associated Blood Stream InfectionsDavid Warren; Fiscal Year: 2007..I will build on the experience outlined in this proposal to establish myself an independent investigator in healthcare epidemiology, studying nosocomial infections and developing interventions to prevent them. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Image-guided Ultrasound-triggered Tumor TherapyAlexander Klibanov; Fiscal Year: 2007..Monitor blood flow within the tumor after treatment. Perform final optimization of the drug carrier formulation and ultrasound activation parameters. ..
- MethLock vs. heparin as dialysis catheter lockStephen Ash; Fiscal Year: 2008..In Phase II we will implement the protocol in a number of dialysis centers and complete the study as originally proposed or as modified after Phase I. ..
- Percutaneous MR Guided Creation of a Meso-Caval ShuntAravind Arepally; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Muscle Perfusion and Protein Metabolism in ElderlyMelinda Sheffield Moore; Fiscal Year: 2009..Results from these studies will provide evidence as to the regulatory role of increased muscle perfusion, amino acid supplementation and aerobic exercise as means of improving skeletal muscle protein synthesis in the elderly. ..
- White Matter Injury in Critical Ill Newborns With Congenital Heart DiseasePatrick Sean McQuillen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Page McQuillen, Patrick S. ..
- Selective subplate vulnerability and cortical plasticityPatrick McQuillen; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finally, we hypothesize that treatments that protect sub-plate neurons in vitro will also prevent sub-plate neuron cell death following early hypoxia ischemia. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Immunogenic epitopes of rare HIV mutants as vaccinesSylvie Blondelle; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SUBPLATE NEURONS AND EARLY HYPOXIC ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYPatrick McQuillen; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- NERVE AND REPOLARIZATION IMAGING IN SUDDEN CARDIAC DEATHMichael Dae; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies may provide a more comprehensive understanding of the interaction of the sympathetic nervous system and arrhythmogenesis. ..
- Novel KSHV-specific CTL epitopes for developmentSylvie Blondelle; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- OPTIMIZED HIV -SPECIFIC CTL ANTIGENS FOR VACCINE DESIGNSylvie Blondelle; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- GENDER AND MENOPAUSE ON NUTRIENT AND ENERGY METABOLISMTRACY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will further our understanding of the metabolic basis for disease risk in males and females. ..
- REGULATION OF NUTRIENT METABOLISM IN MALES AND FEMALESTRACY HORTON; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies will further our understanding of the metabolic basis for disease in males and females and begin to identify gender specific effects of interventions. ..
- CNS AND SALT APPETITEDOUGLAS FITTS; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results will have implications for the central control of blood pressure and endocrine secretions as well as behavior during various challenges to body hydration. ..
- Enhanced cardiac sympathetic afferent reflex in CHFWei Wang; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Pheresis Treatment of Bioterrorism-Induced SepsisStephen Ash; Fiscal Year: 2005..The safety systems of the existing PF system will be modified to meet the needs of the stand-alone system. Finally, an animal model of sepsis will be used to check efficacy and safety of the entire system. ..
- Surrogate markers for Severe Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study will determine if criteria that are widely and immediately available in most hospitals can be used to risk-stratify severity of PE and to clarify the role of nonmalignant thrombophilias on the prognosis of PE. ..
- Expired CO2/O2 Analysis to Diagnose Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2008..This project will fund a clinical study designed to test the diagnostic accuracy of a hand- held breath device that detects the altered gas exchange physiology caused by PE in post-surgical and other patients at high risk for PE. ..
- Development of a Perfusion-induced Systemic Hyperthermia Delivery ApparatusJoseph Zwischenberger; Fiscal Year: 2007..The system is based on a Phase I clinical trial demonstrating the efficacy of such a treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Pretest Probability Assessment for Pulmonary EmbolismJEFFREY KLINE; Fiscal Year: 2005..In phase III, we will test the validity of the PE PREtest Consult TM and determine if the use of the PE PREtest ConsultTM will decrease unnecessary testing for PE. ..