Genomes and Genes
middle cerebral artery
Summary: The largest and most complex of the cerebral arteries. Branches of the middle cerebral artery supply the insular region, motor and premotor areas, and large regions of the association cortex.
Publications251 found, 100 shown here
- Caffeine reduces cerebral blood flow in patients recovering from an ischaemic strokeSuzanne Ragab
Poole Hospital NHS Trust, Elderly Medicine, Poole, Dorset, UK
Age Ageing 33:299-303. 2004..recovering from an acute ischaemic stroke using transcranial Doppler ultrasound we demonstrated a fall in middle cerebral artery blood velocity of 12% following ingestion of 250 mg caffeine...
- Dynamic cerebral autoregulation in acute lacunar and middle cerebral artery territory ischemic strokeRogier V Immink
Cardiovascular Research Institute Amsterdam, Department of Physiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Stroke 36:2595-600. 2005BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: We addressed whether dynamic cerebral autoregulation (dCA) is affected in middle cerebral artery (MCA) territory (MCAS) and lacunar ischemic stroke (LS)...
- Protective effect of resveratrol against oxidative stress in middle cerebral artery occlusion model of stroke in ratsKusum Sinha
Neuropharmacology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 110029, New Delhi, India
Life Sci 71:655-65. 2002..study the effect of chronic treatment of trans resveratrol was evaluated in focal ischemia induced by middle cerebral artery [MCA] occlusion in rats. Male Wistar rats were pretreated with trans resveratrol 20 mg/kg i.p...
- Wogonin inhibits ischemic brain injury in a rat model of permanent middle cerebral artery occlusionJungsook Cho
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Dongguk University, Gyeongju, Gyeongbuk, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 27:1561-4. 2004..Focal brain ischemia was induced by the permanent occlusion of middle cerebral artery (pMCAO) for 24 h with a silicone rubber cylinder inserted through the right internal carotid artery...
- A novel rodent model of reperfusion injury following occlusion of the middle cerebral arteryBarry J Connell
Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Ave, Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
J Neurosci Methods 190:28-33. 2010..In this model, blood flow through the middle cerebral artery (MCA) is temporarily occluded by placing gentle pressure on sutures behind the artery along three separate ..
- Cerebral lateralization and general intelligence: gender differences in a transcranial Doppler studyPhilip C Njemanze
Non invasive Neurocybernetic Flow Laboratory, International Institutes of Advanced Research and Training, Chidicon Medical Center, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
Brain Lang 92:234-9. 2005..This implies that general intelligence is associated with neural systems within one hemisphere that are accessible to a variety of cognitive processes...
- Recanalization of an acute middle cerebral artery occlusion using a self-expanding, reconstrainable, intracranial microstent as a temporary endovascular bypassMichael E Kelly
Division of Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Cleveland Clinic, S80, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Stroke 39:1770-3. 2008Although self-expanding intracranial microstents have been used to treat acute middle cerebral artery (MCA) stroke, there are disadvantages associated with placing a permanent endovascular implant...
- Stroke recurrences in patients with symptomatic vs asymptomatic middle cerebral artery diseaseR Kern
Department of Neurology, Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Neurology 65:859-64. 2005Although the natural history of extracranial carotid artery disease has been investigated systematically, limited data are available on the course of middle cerebral artery (MCA) disease.
- Lesion patterns and stroke mechanism in atherosclerotic middle cerebral artery disease: early diffusion-weighted imaging studyDae K Lee
Department of Neurology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul 138-736, Korea
Stroke 36:2583-8. 2005BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: Patterns and mechanisms of stroke in patients with atherosclerotic middle cerebral artery (MCA) disease remain unclear...
- Differential effects of acute hypoxia and high altitude on cerebral blood flow velocity and dynamic cerebral autoregulation: alterations with hyperoxiaPhilip N Ainslie
Dept of Physiology, Univ of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Appl Physiol 104:490-8. 2008..and 3) hyperoxia at HA and would have more influence on blood pressure (BP) and less influence on middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (MCAv)...
- Alterations in cerebral dynamics at high altitude following partial acclimatization in humans: wakefulness and sleepPhilip N Ainslie
Dept of Physiology, Univ of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Appl Physiol 102:658-64. 2007..We measured middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (MCAv; transcranial Doppler ultrasound) and arterial blood pressure during wakefulness ..
- Gene expression profiling in the human middle cerebral artery after cerebral ischemiaP Vikman
Department of Experimental Vascular Research, Institution of Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Neurol 13:1324-32. 2006We have investigated the gene expression in human middle cerebral artery (MCA) after ischemia...
- Accumulation of calpain and caspase-3 proteolytic fragments of brain-derived alphaII-spectrin in cerebral spinal fluid after middle cerebral artery occlusion in ratsBrian R Pike
Department of Neuroscience, Center for Traumatic Brain Injury Studies, E F and W L McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:98-106. 2004..cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of rodents subjected to 2 hours of transient focal cerebral ischemia produced by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) followed by reperfusion...
- Elective stenting for symptomatic middle cerebral artery stenosis presenting as transient ischaemic deficits or stroke attacks: short term arteriographical and clinical outcomeJ K Kim
Graduate School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Pundang CHA Hospital, College of Medicine, Pochon CHA University, 351 Yatapdong, Pundangku, Sungnam 463-712, Korea
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:847-51. 2004..OBJECTIVES: To assess the radiographic and clinical outcome of stent assisted angioplasty for symptomatic middle cerebral artery (MCA) stenosis...
- Relationship between middle cerebral artery blood velocity and end-tidal PCO2 in the hypocapnic-hypercapnic range in humansKojiro Ide
Departments of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Heritage Medical Research Bldg Rm 212, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Appl Physiol 95:129-37. 2003..We used transcranial Doppler ultrasound to determine middle cerebral artery peak blood velocity responses to 14 levels of PETCO2 in a range of 22 to 50 Torr with a constant end-tidal ..
- Mechanisms of acute cerebral infarctions in patients with middle cerebral artery stenosis: a diffusion-weighted imaging and microemboli monitoring studyKa Sing Wong
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, SAR
Ann Neurol 52:74-81. 2002..most therapeutic efforts and experimental stroke models focus on the concept of complete occlusion of the middle cerebral artery as a result of embolism from the carotid artery or cardiac chamber, relatively little is known about the ..
- Microglia and macrophages express tumor necrosis factor receptor p75 following middle cerebral artery occlusion in miceK L Lambertsen
Medical Biotechnology Center, Winsloewparken 25, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, DK 5000, Denmark
Neuroscience 144:934-49. 2007..of the TNF receptors, TNF-p55R and TNF-p75R, from 1 to 10 days following permanent occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in mice...
- Autoregulation in the posterior circulation is altered by the metabolic state of the visual cortexKazuma Nakagawa
Department of Neurology, Stroke Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Stroke 40:2062-7. 2009..that dynamic autoregulation in the posterior cerebral artery (PCA) is less efficient compared to the middle cerebral artery (MCA)...
- Imaging of brain hypoxia in permanent and temporary middle cerebral artery occlusion in the rat using 18F-fluoromisonidazole and positron emission tomography: a pilot studyMasashi Takasawa
Stroke Research Group, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:679-89. 2007..In the only validation study of 18F-FMISO, using ex vivo autoradiography in thread middle cerebral artery occluded (MCAo) rats, there was unexpected high uptake as late as 22 h after reperfusion, raising ..
- Infarct patterns in atherosclerotic middle cerebral artery versus internal carotid artery diseaseP H Lee
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Ajou University, Suwon, Korea
Neurology 62:1291-6. 2004OBJECTIVE: To compare clinical and radiologic characteristics of atherosclerotic middle cerebral artery (MCA) vs internal carotid artery (ICA) disease...
- Cerebral vasoreactivity in Andeans and headache at sea levelO Appenzeller
NMHEMC Research Foundation, Otto Appenzeller, 361, Big Horn Ridge Drive NE, Albuquerque, NM 87122 1424, USA
J Neurol Sci 219:101-6. 2004..of isosorbite dinitrate (IDN), a nitric oxide (NO) donor, using transcranial Doppler ultrasound in the middle cerebral artery (MCA) in natives of CP, some of whom suffered from CMS...
- Middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity: a new Doppler parameter in the assessment of growth-restricted fetusesG Mari
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 29:310-6. 2007The aims of this study were to determine if there is a relationship between middle cerebral artery (MCA) peak systolic velocity (PSV) and perinatal mortality in preterm intrauterine growth-restricted (IUGR) fetuses, to compare the ..
- Effect of magnesium, high altitude and acute mountain sickness on blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral arteryChristopher Lysakowski
Neuroanaesthesia Unit, Division of Anaesthesiology, Department of Anaesthesiology, Pharmacology and Surgical Intensive Care, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Clin Sci (Lond) 106:279-85. 2004..Blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery (MCAv) may be used as a proxy measure of cerebral blood flow...
- Measurements of the middle cerebral artery in digital subtraction angiography and MR angiographyEugeniusz Tarasow
Department of Radiology, Medical University in Białystok, Białystok, Poland
Med Sci Monit 13:65-72. 2007The middle cerebral artery (MCA) has an individually varied anatomical type and course. Age and sex variability of MCA have not been completely defined...
- Progression of middle cerebral artery occlusive disease and its relationship with further vascular events after strokeKa Sing Wong
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong, SAR
Stroke 33:532-6. 2002Serial changes of flow velocities of transcranial Doppler ultrasound (TCD) in symptomatic middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusive disease may be related to the occurrence of further vascular events, but prospective data are lacking.
- Cardiorespiratory and cerebrovascular responses to acute poikilocapnic hypoxia following intermittent and continuous exposure to hypoxia in humansPhilip N Ainslie
Dept of Physiology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Appl Physiol 102:1953-61. 2007..12) in which ventilation, end-tidal gases, arterial O(2) saturation, BP, and middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (MCAV) were measured continuously...
- Magnetic resonance angiography shows dilatation of the middle cerebral artery after infusion of glyceryl trinitrate in healthy volunteersJ M Hansen
Danish Headache Centre, Department of Neurology, Glostrup Hospital, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Cephalalgia 27:118-27. 2007Previous studies have reported dilatation of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) during acute glyceryl trinitrate (GTN)-induced headache, using imaging techniques such as transcranial Doppler (TCD), positron emission tomography (PET) and ..
- Reversed diastolic flow in the middle cerebral artery: is it a terminal sign in a growth-retarded fetus?Wing Cheong Leung
Prenat Diagn 23:265-7. 2003
- Temporal profiles of the subcellular localization of Bim, a BH3-only protein, during middle cerebral artery occlusion in miceMamoru Shibata
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 22:810-20. 2002..temporal profiles of the expression levels and subcellular localization of BH3-only proteins in permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) by Western blot analysis...
- Time courses of progress to the chronic stage of middle cerebral artery occlusion models in ratsHiroyuki Takamatsu
The Medical and Pharmacological Research Center Foundation, Wo 32, Inoyama chou, Hakui City, Ishikawa 925 0613, Japan
Exp Brain Res 146:95-102. 2002Several kinds of middle cerebral artery occlusion model in rats have been developed. Variable ischemic inductions are attributed to the different contributing factors in ischemic damage formation...
- Middle cerebral artery flow velocity and pulse pressure during dynamic exercise in humansShigehiko Ogoh
Dept of Integrative Physiology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H1526-31. 2005..and mean (V(m)) middle cerebral artery (MCA) blood flow velocity during mild, moderate, and heavy cycling exercise...
- Differential responses to CO2 and sympathetic stimulation in the cerebral and femoral circulations in humansPhilip N Ainslie
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Physiol 566:613-24. 2005..1 +/- 3.7 (mean +/- S.D.) years), we measured flow velocity (VP; transcranial Doppler ultrasound) in the middle cerebral artery during euoxic isocapnia (ISO, +1 mmHg above rest) and two levels of euoxic hypercapnia (HC5, end-tidal P(..
- [Large kissing aneurysms of the middle cerebral artery: a case report--classification of kissing aneurysms]Katsumi Harada
Department of Neurosurgery, Shuto General Hospital, Yanai, Yamaguchi, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 32:513-7. 2004We report a rare case of kissing aneurysms located at the middle cerebral artery. A 69-year-old man had a severe subarachnoid hemorrhage associated with intracerebral hematoma (Hunt and Hess grade 5, WFNS grade V)...
- Correlation between blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery and EEG during cognitive effortImre Szirmai
Department of Neurology, Semmelweis University Budapest, 1083 Budapest, Balassa u 6 Hungary
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 24:33-40. 2005Cognitive effort modifies blood flow velocity (BFV) in the middle cerebral artery (MCA) which can be recorded by transcranial Doppler sonography (TCD). EEG parameters can be used as indicators of cortical activation...
- Restricted clinical efficacy of cyclosporin A on rat transient middle cerebral artery occlusionShohei Matsumoto
Department of Anesthesiology, Tokyo Medical University, 6 7 1 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 0023, Japan
Life Sci 72:591-600. 2002..Here we have evaluated the effect of CsA on significantly reducing infarct size induced by transient middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) in rats, and examined variable therapeutic applications for brain infarction...
- Treatment of a middle cerebral artery bifurcation aneurysm using a double neuroform stent "Y" configuration and coil embolization: technical case reportSepehr Sani
Department of Neurosurgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Neurosurgery 57:E209; discussion E209. 2005..Despite this advancement, some parent vessel bifurcation aneurysms can still remain elusive to single stent and coiling technique...
- Superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery bypassDavid W Newell
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, 98104, USA
Neurosurgery 54:1441-8; discussion 1448-9. 2004The superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery bypass is an elegant procedure that was developed and first performed by M. Gazi Yaşargil...
- The Emperor has no clothes: velocity, flow, and the use of TCDCole A Giller
J Neuroimaging 13:97-8. 2003
- Persistent phosphorylation of synaptic proteins following middle cerebral artery occlusionShohei Matsumoto
Laboratory for Experimental Brain Research, Wallenberg Neuroscience Center, Lund University Hospital, Sweden
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 22:1107-13. 2002Transient cerebral ischemia following 1 to 2 hours of middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) in the rat leads to infarction, which can be diminished by synaptic transmission modulators, implying aberrant cell signaling in the ..
- Neuroprotective effect of Acorus calamus against middle cerebral artery occlusion-induced ischaemia in ratPradeep K Shukla
Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, PO Box 80, M.G. Marg, Lucknow 226001, India
Hum Exp Toxicol 25:187-94. 2006..potential of ethanol:water (1:1) extract of rhizomes of Acorus calamus (AC-002) has been investigated in middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)-induced ischaemia in rats...
- The tandem bypass: subclavian artery-to-middle cerebral artery bypass with dacron and saphenous vein grafts. Technical case reportK I Auguste
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143-0112, USA
Surg Neurol 56:164-9. 2001..The final construct was a subclavian artery-to-middle cerebral artery bypass, with the graft being the previous Dacron prosthesis and a long saphenous vein...
- Pattern of cortex and white matter involvement in severe middle cerebral artery ischemiaMaria Cornelia Stoeckel
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neuroimaging 17:131-40. 2007In middle cerebral artery (MCA) stroke, ischemia usually is unevenly distributed within the MCA territory. We sought to investigate which brain structures are critical for the acute neurological deficit in severe MCA stroke.
- Effects of 0.6 mg/kg intravenous alteplase on vascular and clinical outcomes in middle cerebral artery occlusion: Japan Alteplase Clinical Trial II (J-ACT II)Etsuro Mori
Department of Behavioral Neurology and Cognitive Neuroscience, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Stroke 41:461-5. 2010..6 mg/kg intravenous alteplase on vascular and clinical outcomes in patients with middle cerebral artery occlusion in a postmarketing Phase IV trial of prospective cohort study design.
- Assessment of middle cerebral artery diameter after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage by transcranial color-coded duplex sonographyM Muller
Department of Neurology, University Hospital of the Saarland, Kirrberger Strasse, D 66421, Homburg Saar, Germany
Eur J Ultrasound 11:15-9. 2000This study examined if vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage could be visualized by middle cerebral artery (MCA) diameter changes in transcranial color-coded duplex sonography (TCCS)...
- Influence of indomethacin on ventilatory and cerebrovascular responsiveness to CO2 and breathing stability: the influence of PCO2 gradientsJui Lin Fan
Department of Physiology, Otago School of Medical Science, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R1648-58. 2010..We measured arterial blood gases, ventilation (VE), and middle cerebral artery velocity (MCAv) before and 90 min following INDO ingestion (100 mg) or placebo in 12 healthy participants...
- Angle correction can be used to measure peak systolic velocity in the fetal middle cerebral arteryMichael S Ruma
Perinatal Associates of New Mexico, Ltd, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 200:397.e1-3. 2009The objective of the study was to compare Doppler ultrasound measurements of the fetal middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity (MCA-PSV) obtained at a 0 degrees angle of insonation to assessment at 30 degrees and 30 degrees with ..
- WISE-2005: reduced cerebral blood flow velocity with nitroglycerin--comparison with common carotid artery blood flowK A Zuj
Cardiorespiratory and Vascular Dynamics Lab, Univ Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
J Gravit Physiol 14:P65-6. 2007..2%). To determine if the reduction in CBV was the result of reduced cerebral blood flow or dilation of the middle cerebral artery (MCA), the change in CBV in the MCA was compared with changes in quantitative flow measured in the common ..
- Optimal brain perfusion CT coverage in patients with acute middle cerebral artery strokeA D Furtado
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0628, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:691-5. 2010....
- Nuances of middle cerebral artery aneurysm microsurgeryD Chyatte
Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases, Drexel MCP Hahnemann University Medical School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
Neurosurgery 48:339-46. 2001b>Middle cerebral artery aneurysms, a common source of subarachnoid hemorrhage, occur predominantly at the main bifurcation of the middle cerebral artery...
- [A case of repeated intracerebral hemorrhage due to a ruptured aneurysm of collateral circulation from the posterior cerebral artery to the middle cerebral artery]Ayumi Narisawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Saitama Red Cross Hospital, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 37:787-92. 2009We present a case of ruptured distal middle cerebral artery aneurysm associated with occlusion of the anterior trunk of the ipsilateral middle cerebral artery. An 83-year-old man had right homonymous hemianopsia and right mild hemiparesis...
- Morphometric and volumetric analysis of the middle cerebral artery in human fetusesJerzy Gielecki
Department of Anatomy, Medical Faculty of the University of Warmia and Masuria, Olsztyn, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 69:129-37. 2009The morphometrical and volumetrical changes of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) during the fetal period of development were analyzed by digital-image analysis system (DIAS)...
- Sonothrombolysis with transcranial color-coded sonography and recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator in acute middle cerebral artery main stem occlusion: results from a randomized studyJürgen Eggers
Department of Neurology, Asklepios Hospital Hamburg North, Tangstedter Landstrasse 400, D 22417 Hamburg, Germany
Stroke 39:1470-5. 2008..Sonothrombolysis is a new treatment approach in acute ischemic stroke. The results of a monocenter, randomized clinical study are presented...
- Intravenous basic fibroblast growth factor produces a persistent reduction in infarct volume following permanent focal ischemia in ratsH Sugimori
CNS Growth Factor Research Laboratory, Warren 408, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Neurosci Lett 300:13-6. 2001..5-3.5h after permanent proximal middle cerebral artery occlusion...
- Human cerebrovascular and ventilatory CO2 reactivity to end-tidal, arterial and internal jugular vein PCO2Karen Peebles
Department of Physiology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Physiol 584:347-57. 2007..Cerebrovascular reactivity to CO(2) was expressed as the percentage change in blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery (MCAv) per mmHg change in P(a,CO(2)) and P(jv,CO(2))...
- Neuroimaging and histopathological evaluation of delayed neurological damage produced by artificial occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in Cynomolgus monkeys: establishment of a monkey model for delayed cerebral ischemiaYasuhiko Hirouchi
Biolabo Laboratory Co Ltd, Nagasaki, Japan
Exp Toxicol Pathol 59:9-16. 2007..the brain was conducted on lesions produced 6h and 1, 2, 4 and 8 weeks after unilateral (left) permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion (pMCO) on five monkeys...
- Effects of hypobaric hypoxia on cerebral autoregulationAndrew W Subudhi
Altitude Research Center, University of Colorado at Denver, School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Stroke 41:641-6. 2010..This investigation evaluated relationship between CA and AMS over 9 hours of hypobaric hypoxia...
- Doppler assessment of umbilical artery, thoracic aorta and middle cerebral artery in the management of pregnancies with growth restrictionR Madazli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 80:702-7. 2001The aim of the study was to determine the best use of information obtained from Doppler studies of umbilical artery, thoracic aorta and middle cerebral artery in the management of pregnancies with growth restriction.
- Outcome for middle cerebral artery aneurysm surgeryMichael K Morgan
Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Level 1, 3 Dow Corning, Innovation Rd, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia
Neurosurgery 67:755-61; discussion 761. 2010To assess in depth the variables contributing to adverse surgical outcome for repair of unruptured middle cerebral artery aneurysms.
- Microneurosurgical management of distal middle cerebral artery aneurysmsReza Dashti
Department of Neurosurgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki 00260, Finland
Surg Neurol 67:553-63. 2007Distal middle cerebral artery aneurysms originate from branches of MCA distal to its main bifurcation or the peripheral branches...
- Cardiorespiratory and cerebrovascular responses to hyperoxic and hypoxic rebreathing: effects of acclimatization to high altitudePhilip N Ainslie
Department of Physiology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 161:201-9. 2008..We measured ventilation, middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (MCAv) and arterial blood pressure in conditions of eucapnia, hypocapnia (voluntary ..
- Middle cerebral artery plaque imaging using 3-Tesla high-resolution MRIKuniyasu Niizuma
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
J Clin Neurosci 15:1137-41. 2008Diagnosis of deep subcortical infarcts based on atherosclerosis of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) is important because this type of infarct is usually more aggressive than typical lacunar infarcts...
- An intracranial pseudoaneurysm in the distal middle cerebral artery in a childMasaru Honda
Department of Neurosurgery, Okinawa Nanbu Medical Center and Children s Medical Center, Haebaru, Japan
Pediatr Neurosurg 44:426-9. 2008..We here describe a patient with a large pseudoaneurysm arising in the distal middle cerebral artery. A 10-year-old boy experienced a sudden onset of headache, nausea, and vomiting followed by loss of ..
- Permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion in sheep: a novel large animal model of focal cerebral ischemiaJohannes Boltze
Fraunhofer Institute of Cell Therapy and Immunology, Leipzig, Germany
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:1951-64. 2008..In this study, we are introducing a simple, but reliable stroke model using permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion in sheep...
- Doppler study of middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity and cerebral autoregulation during a simulated ascent of Mount EverestA Ter Minassian
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, CHU d Angers, France
Wilderness Environ Med 12:175-83. 2001..To explore cerebral hemodynamics in 8 healthy volunteers in a hypobaric chamber up to the altitude of Mount Everest after a progressive stepwise decompression to 8,848 m...
- The effect of HRT on cerebral haemodynamics and cerebral vasomotor reactivity in post-menopausal womenC A L Bain
Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Western Infirmary, Glasgow G11 6NT, UK
Hum Reprod 19:2411-4. 2004..Impaired CVR is associated with elevated risk of stroke. We performed a randomized, double-blind placebo-controlled trial to investigate the effect of two HRT preparations upon CVR...
- Impaired cerebral autoregulation in patients with malignant hypertensionRogier V Immink
Department of Physiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Circulation 110:2241-5. 2004..arterial pressure (MAP) >140 mm Hg and grade III or IV hypertensive retinopathy at hospital admission, middle cerebral artery blood velocity (MCA V) and blood pressure were monitored. Dynamic CA was expressed as the 0...
- Selective antegrade cerebral perfusion attenuates brain metabolic deficit in aortic arch surgery: a prospective randomized trialD K Harrington
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, University Hospital Birmingham NHS Trust, Edgbaston, Birmingham, UK
Circulation 110:II231-6. 2004..Continuous transcranial Doppler monitoring of middle cerebral artery velocity (MCAV) was performed...
- Comparison of caffeine-induced changes in cerebral blood flow and middle cerebral artery blood velocity shows that caffeine reduces middle cerebral artery diameterM J Lunt
Department of Medical Physics, Royal Bournemouth Hospital, Castle Lane East, Bournemouth BH7 7DW, UK
Physiol Meas 25:467-74. 2004..blood flow (CBF) can be assessed directly with xenon clearance (XeC) or indirectly by measuring changes in middle cerebral artery blood velocity (Vmca) with transcranial Doppler (TCD)...
- [Anatomical variations of the middle cerebral artery: duplication and accessory artery. Implications in the treatment of acute stroke]N Vila Moriente
Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Espana
Rev Neurol 38:732-5. 2004..Variations of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) such as duplication or accessory MCA are infrequent but nevertheless have important clinical ..
- Cerebral autoregulation in pediatric traumatic brain injuryMonica S Vavilala
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Pediatr Crit Care Med 5:257-63. 2004..INTERVENTIONS: Cerebral autoregulation testing was conducted during extracranial surgery. Mean middle cerebral artery flow velocities were measured using transcranial Doppler as mean arterial pressure was increased to ..
- Cerebral vasoreactivity does not predict cerebral ischaemia during carotid endarterectomyP Belardi
Department of Vascular Surgery, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 44:731-5. 2003..Before surgery CVR was evaluated by measuring the mean velocity of the middle cerebral artery (mvMCA) using TCD at the basal condition and at 30 min after intravenous administration of acetazolamide (..
- Mild neurological symptoms despite middle cerebral artery occlusionShelagh B Coutts
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Alberta T2N 2T9, Canada
Stroke 35:469-71. 2004..Only a small percentage of stroke patients are treated with thrombolytic therapy. We sought to determine whether vessel occlusion in mild strokes represented a new target population for interventional therapy...
- Cerebral vasoconstriction in neurally mediated syncope: relationship with type of head-up tilt test responseSilvano Silvani
Cardiology Division, S Maria delle Croci Hospital, Ravenna, Italy
Ital Heart J 4:768-75. 2003..To shed light on the pathophysiology of NMS, we attempted to establish whether the degree of cerebral vasoconstriction changes with the tilt test positivity type, scored in accordance with Sutton's classification...
- Circulating norepinephrine and cerebrovascular control in conscious humansD S Kimmerly
Neurovascular Research Lab, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 23:314-9. 2003..METHODS: Mean arterial pressure (MAP; tonometry) and cerebral blood flow velocity (MFV) in the middle cerebral artery (transcranial Doppler) were measured in seven healthy individuals during 15 min periods of saline and of ..
- Cerebral blood flow velocity response to magnesium sulfate in patients after subarachnoid hemorrhageR P Brewer
Department of Anesthesiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 13:202-6. 2001..Transcranial Doppler ultrasonography of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) was measured after each infusion...
- [Intracerebral steal after acetazolamide administration]Ildikó Vastagh
Semmelweis Egyetem, Neurológiai Klinika, Budapest
Ideggyogy Sz 61:168-73. 2008..The reduced blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral arteries after acetazolamide may reflect this intracerebral steal phenomenon...
- Chronic AT1-receptor blockade does not alter cerebral oxygen supply/demand ratio during cardiopulmonary bypass in hypertensive patientsE Kottenberg-Assenmacher
Klinik für Anästhesiologie und Intensivmedizin, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 52:73-80. 2008..treatment course with candesartan on cerebral arterial-jugular bulb oxygen content difference, middle cerebral artery blood velocity, and vasopressor requirements in hypertensive patients undergoing elective on-pump coronary ..
- NADPH-oxidase activity is elevated in penumbral and non-ischemic cerebral arteries following strokeAlyson A Miller
Department of Pharmacology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria 3800, Australia
Brain Res 1111:111-6. 2006..The right middle cerebral artery (MCA) of conscious rats was temporarily occluded by perivascular injection of endothelin-1 to induce ..
- [Influence of digital subtraction cerebral angiography on blood flow in the middle cerebral artery]Jan Kochanowicz
Akademia Medyczna w Białymstoku, Klinika Neurochirurgii
Pol Merkur Lekarski 21:35-7. 2006..The validity of transcranial color doppler sonography (TCCS) in cerebral blood flow evaluation is already proved and this method was selected for blood flow parameters estimation before and after cerebral angiography...
- Development and validation of an integrated computational model of cerebral blood flow and oxygenationIain K Moppett
Division of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, Queen s Medical Centre Campus, Nottingham University Hospitals, Nottingham, UK
Anesth Analg 105:1094-103, table of contents. 2007..We describe the development and validation of a novel computational model, the Nottingham cerebral simulator (NCS), designed for experimental and teaching use...
- [Investigation of the effect of vinpocetine on cerebral blood flow and cognitive functions]Attila Valikovics
Borsod Abaúj Zemplén Megyei Kórház és Egyetemi Oktató Kórház, Neurológia Toxikológia Stroke Osztály, Miskolc
Ideggyogy Sz 60:301-10. 2007..The symptoms of mild cognitive impairment considered as "predementia" are similar to those of dementia, although milder...
- Orthostatic hypotension and cerebral blood flow velocity in the rehabilitation of stroke patientsIuly Treger
Loewenstein Rehabilitation Hospital, Ra'anana and Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel
Int J Rehabil Res 29:339-42. 2006..Mean flow velocity in the damaged middle cerebral artery was lower in the supine position and stayed almost the same at 80 degrees standing...
- Time course of cerebral hemodynamics in cryptococcal meningitis in HIV-negative adultsW N Chang
Department of Neurology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital Kaohsiung Medical Center and Chang Gung University College of Medicine, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Eur J Neurol 14:770-6. 2007..However, because of the limited case numbers for this study, further large-scale studies are needed to delineate the clinical characteristics and therapeutic influence of cerebrovascular insults in HIV-negative CM patients...
- The accuracy of transcranial Doppler in the diagnosis of middle cerebral artery stenosisJose C Navarro
Department of Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Santo Tomas Hospital, Manila, Philippines
Cerebrovasc Dis 23:325-30. 2007..review available literature on the accuracy of transcranial Doppler (TCD) compared with angiography for the diagnosis of > or =50% middle cerebral artery stenosis in patients with transient ischemic attack or ischemic stroke.
- Influence of noninvasive peripheral arterial blood pressure measurements on assessment of dynamic cerebral autoregulationEmily L Sammons
Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, Leicester, UK
J Appl Physiol 103:369-75. 2007....
- Delayed re-opening of an STA-MCA bypass graftI F Dunn
Cerebrovascular Center, Department of Neurosurgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 148:1001-3; discussion 1004. 2006..right MCA stenosis who had undergone cerebral revascularization through a superficial temporal artery-to-middle cerebral artery (STA-MCA) bypass...
- MCA Vmean and the arterial lactate-to-pyruvate ratio correlate during rhythmic handgripPeter Rasmussen
Deapartment of Anesthesia, Copenhagen Muscle Center, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
J Appl Physiol 101:1406-11. 2006..We evaluated whether an exercise-induced increase in middle cerebral artery mean velocity (MCA Vmean) relates to the arterial L/P ratio at two plasma lactate levels...
- Antihypertensive therapy increases cerebral blood flow and carotid distensibility in hypertensive elderly subjectsLewis A Lipsitz
Hebrew Rehabilitation Center for Aged, Boston, MA 02131, USA
Hypertension 45:216-21. 2005..We measured beat-to-beat blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery (transcranial Doppler ultrasonography), finger arterial pressure (photoplethysmography), and pulsatile ..
- Cerebral perfusion in sepsis-associated deliriumDavid Pfister
Department of Anaesthesia, Operative Intensive Care Unit, University Hospital Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, CH 4031 Basel, Switzerland
Crit Care 12:R63. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that cerebral perfusion and selected serum markers of inflammation and delirium differ in septic patients with and without sepsis-associated delirium...
- Assessment of cerebral autoregulation from ectopic heartbeatsPenelope J Eames
University of Leicester Divisions of Medicine for the Elderly, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester LE3 9QP, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 109:109-15. 2005....
- Heads down: flat positioning improves blood flow velocity in acute ischemic strokeAnne W Wojner-Alexander
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurology 64:1354-7. 2005..Acute stroke patients are routinely positioned with the head of the bed (HOB) elevated at 30 degrees despite lack of evidence for increased intracranial pressure...
- Obliteration of a giant fusiform carotid terminus-M1 aneurysm after distal clip application and extracranial-intracranial bypass. Case reportP Ferroli
Department of Neurosurgery, Istituto Nazionale Neurologico C Besta, Milan, Italy
J Neurosurg Sci 51:71-6. 2007..In conclusion the alternative of flow alteration strategies can be successfully used in the treatment of aneurysms that cannot be safely trapped or occluded by traditional neurosurgical methods...
- WISE 2005: altered cerebrovascular autoregulation after 60 day head-down bed restD K Greaves
Cardiorespiratory and Vascular Dynamics Lab, Univ Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
J Gravit Physiol 14:P61-2. 2007..End tidal CO2 (ETCO2), continuous blood pressure (BP), middle cerebral artery (MCA) velocity and time to presyncope (endpoint) were measured during an orthostatic tolerance test ..
- Hemodynamic blood flow disturbances in the middle cerebral arteries in patients with atrial fibrillation during acute ischemic strokeAgata Porebska
Department of Neurology, University Hospital, Pomeranian Medical University of Szczecin, Unii Lubelskiej 1 Street, 71 252 Szczecin, Poland
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 110:434-40. 2008....
- Cerebral blood flow velocity during postural changes on tilt table in stroke patientsI Treger
Loewenstein Rehabilitation Hospital, Ra'anana, Israel
Eura Medicophys 41:293-6. 2005..orthostatic hypotension (OH), mean flow velocity (MFV) as measured by transcranial Doppler (TCD) in middle cerebral artery (MCA) bilaterally during tilt table test (TTT) and functional and neurological parameters in acute ..
- A novel mechanical lung assist system sustains primary bidirectional cavopulmonary shunt circulation in pigsOsami Honjo
The Labatt Family Heart Centre
ASAIO J 53:720-4. 2007..ultrasound demonstrated consistent pre- and postoperative peak systolic and diastolic velocities of the middle cerebral artery, indicating sustained cerebral perfusion pressure...
- Alterations in autonomic function and cerebral hemodynamics to orthostatic challenge following a mountain marathonCarissa Murrell
Department of Physiology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Appl Physiol 103:88-96. 2007..In each condition, middle cerebral artery blood velocity (MCAv), blood pressure (BP), heart rate (HR), and cardiac output (Modelflow) were measured ..
- [Neonatal Doppler velocimetry in full term small-for-gestational age newborns]Iracema Augusta Carvalho Cortez Muniz
, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 61:808-15. 2003..There was no significant difference for any evaluated parameters of flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery (MCA). It was concluded that SGA newborns showed PSFV and MFV significantly reduced only in the ACA...
- Alterations in autoregulatory and myogenic function in the cerebrovasculature of Dahl salt-sensitive ratsJohn S Smeda
Division of Basic Medical Sciences, Memorial University, Health Science Center, St John s, Newfoundland, Canada A1B 3V6
Stroke 34:1484-90. 2003..The incidence of hemorrhagic stroke was low (7/47). We tested the hypothesis that a defect in cerebral blood flow (CBF) autoregulation under hypertensive conditions preceded hypertensive encephalopathy...
- Effects of body position on intracranial pressure and cerebral perfusion in patients with large hemispheric strokeStefan Schwarz
Department of Neurology, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Stroke 33:497-501. 2002..The purpose of this study was to prospectively evaluate the effects of body position in patients with large supratentorial stroke...
- Cerebral hemodynamics immediately following carotid occlusionTimothy J McCulloch
Department of Anaesthetics, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 15:126-30. 2003During carotid endarterectomy, we routinely monitor internal carotid artery pressure (P(ICA)) and middle cerebral artery flow velocity (V(MCA))...
- REGULATION OF BRAIN THROMBOSIS IN STROKE MODELSBerislav Zlokovic; Fiscal Year: 2003..initially developed a mouse stroke model with fibrin-rich microvascular deposits and obstructions due to middle cerebral artery occlusion/reperfusion or thrombin-induced thromboembolism...
- Mechanisms of Endothelial Cell HyperpolarizationSEAN MARRELLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..RT-PCR and immunohistochemistry), measure [Ca2+]i and Ca2+ influx in response to ATP in freshly isolated middle cerebral artery (MCA) ECs and in the ECs of pressurized MCA (Fura 2 dye), and demonstrate the role of the identified TRP ..
- Deregulated lipid metabolism in strokeRAO M ADIBHATLA; Fiscal Year: 2010..p21 and p27 through ceramide accumulation, and (c) attenuated Rb phosphorylation after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion (tMCAO) in rat. Our studies strongly support SMS inhibition by D609 leading to cell cycle arrest...
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert A Knight; Fiscal Year: 2010..Two rat middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion models, intraluminal filament and embolic, will be used...
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert Knight; Fiscal Year: 2009..Two rat middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion models, intraluminal filament and embolic, will be used...
- BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER TRANSPORT AND ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYRichard Keep; Fiscal Year: 2002..and p-[3H] aminohippuric acid (PAH, an organic acid transporter substrate) will be determined following middle cerebral artery occlusion in rat and mouse (Specific Aim 1)...
- Matrix Metalloproteinases and the Blood-Brain BarrierGARY ALLEN ROSENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..TIMP-3) induces apoptosis in neurons and oligodendrocytes (OL) in focal ischemia induced by middle cerebral artery occlusion. This suggested that MMPs and TIMP-3 might be important in global ischemia from BCAO...
- Transcranial Sonothrombolysis with Diagnostic UltrasoundThilo Hoelscher; Fiscal Year: 2010..will help us study these effects and their impact on thrombolysis in vivo in a system that resembles the middle cerebral artery. More important, it will allow us to asses macro- and microvascular recanalization...
- Transcranial Sonothrombolysis with Diagnostic UltrasoundThilo Hoelscher; Fiscal Year: 2009..will help us study these effects and their impact on thrombolysis in vivo in a system that resembles the middle cerebral artery. More important, it will allow us to asses macro- and microvascular recanalization...
- Interaction of Estrogen and Tissue Plasminogen ActivatorShaohua Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..that 17-estradiol extends the therapeutic window of rtPA upon pretreatment in female rats in an embolic middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model...
- Interaction of Estrogen and Tissue Plasminogen ActivatorShaohua Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009..that 17-estradiol extends the therapeutic window of rtPA upon pretreatment in female rats in an embolic middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model...
- Heat Shock Protein Therapeutics for StrokeFRANK R contact SHARP; Fiscal Year: 2010..neurons and glia in vitro;(b) FvHsp70 decreases infarct volumes and improves behavioral outcomes following middle cerebral artery occlusions (MCAO) in vivo;(c) and pro-inflammatory and pro-apoptotic genes induced in blood leukocytes ..
- Vascular Cognitive Impairment Induced by Ischemic Stroke: mechanism and therapyShaohua Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..on long-term sensorimotor functions, cognitive functions, and anxiety-related behavior in a transient middle cerebral artery occlusion model in rats. Specific Aim 2...
- Middle Cerebral and Common Artery Occlusion and Poststroke EpilepsyKevin Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent pilot studies in our laboratory indicate that transient (3 hr) unilateral (left-sided) middle cerebral artery (MCA) and common carotid artery (CCA) occlusion (MCA/CCAO) results in poststroke epilepsy less frequently ..
- Mechanisms of Hyperbaric Oxygen Induced Brain ProtectionJohn H Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..of hyperbaric oxygen induced preconditioning (HBO-PC) in a focal cerebral ischemic model produced by Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion (MCAO)...
- Stem Cells and Ischemic Brain InjuryWalter Low; Fiscal Year: 2003..The middle cerebral artery will be occluded unilaterally by ligation distal to the branching striatal vessels...
- Treatment of stroke with a clinically approved proteasome inhibitorLi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010Occlusion of the middle cerebral artery elicits a progressive vascular dysfunction, which contributes to the evolution of brain injury...
- INFLAMMATORY AND THROMBOTIC CELL INTERACTIONS IN STROKELeslie Ritter; Fiscal Year: 2000..Aim 1 will be accomplished in an animal model of middle cerebral artery occlusion by directly observing leukocyte-platelet interactions in the microcirculation of the reperfused ..
- NMDA ANTAGONISTS IN THE TREATMENT OF STROKEGary Steinberg; Fiscal Year: 1993..rabbits by transorbital, clip occlusion of the internal carotid artery, anterior cerebral artery and middle cerebral artery. The degree of cerebral ischemia will be determined using electrophysiological (somatosensory evoked ..
- MECHANISMS OF MOTOR RECOVERY AFTER SUBTOTAL BRAIN INJURYRobert J Morecraft; Fiscal Year: 2010..part of the motor cortex that is typically involved in the most common form of human stroke, namely middle cerebral artery infarction...
- APOLIPOPROTEIN E AND THE ISCHEMIC BRAINDavid Warner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using a recovery model of temporary middle cerebral artery occlusion, this research will examine mice deficient for Apo E and genetically engineered mice carrying ..
- Neurovascular Adhesion Receptors and Barrier IntegrityGregory Del Zoppo; Fiscal Year: 2007..the basal lamina are a major determinant of the blood-brain barrier phenotype, ii) that focal ischemia by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) disrupts receptor-matrix interactions, and iii) that interruptions of the receptor-matrix ..
- Neonatal Brain Ischemia: Neuroimaging as a Basis For Rational Stem Cell TherapyStephen Ashwal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our goal is to use advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in a standard rat pup model of unilateral middle cerebral artery occlusion with hypoxia (Rice- Vannucci, RVM) to: (1) monitor non-invasively (as might be done clinically) ..
- A NEW STRATEGY FOR PROTECTION FROM CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAYing Xia; Fiscal Year: 2010..The most striking finding is that EA remarkably reduces brain infarction due to the occlusion of middle cerebral artery, which is dependent on the EA-triggered cellular/molecular events in the brain...
- A NEW STRATEGY FOR PROTECTION FROM CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAYing Xia; Fiscal Year: 2009..The most striking finding is that EA remarkably reduces brain infarction due to the occlusion of middle cerebral artery, which is dependent on the EA-triggered cellular/molecular events in the brain...
- Neonatal Brain Ischemia: Neuroimaging as a Basis For Rational Stem Cell TherapyStephen Ashwal; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our goal is to use advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in a standard rat pup model of unilateral middle cerebral artery occlusion with hypoxia (Rice- Vannucci, RVM) to: (1) monitor non-invasively (as might be done clinically) ..
- Neurovascular Adhesion Receptors and Barrier IntegrityGregory J del Zoppo; Fiscal Year: 2010..the basal lamina are a major determinant of the blood-brain barrier phenotype, ii) that focal ischemia by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCA:O) disrupts receptor-matrix interactions, and iii) that interruptions of the receptor-..
- Neurovascular Adhesion Receptors and Barrier IntegrityGregory Del Zoppo; Fiscal Year: 2009..the basal lamina are a major determinant of the blood-brain barrier phenotype, ii) that focal ischemia by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCA:O) disrupts receptor-matrix interactions, and iii) that interruptions of the receptor-..
- Impacting Oxidative Stress and Cell Injury through Novel Pathways of the Wnt GeneKenneth Maiese; Fiscal Year: 2009..2-catenin, SIRT1, and caspase activity to foster cytoprotection in animal models of oxidative stress with middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)/reperfusion...
- Continuous Cerebral Autoregulation Monitoring to Reduce Brain Injury from CardiacOLA ARVID SELNES; Fiscal Year: 2010..software that continuously compares the relation between arterial blood pressure and CBF velocity of the middle cerebral artery measured with transcranial Doppler and with cerebral oximetry measured with near infrared spectroscopy...
- Osmotherapy in Acute Ischemic StrokeAnish Bhardwaj; Fiscal Year: 2007..most efficacious treatment paradigm with HS for cerebral edema following transient as well as permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)...
- Osmotherapy in Acute Ischemic StrokeAnish Bhardwaj; Fiscal Year: 2006..most efficacious treatment paradigm with HS for cerebral edema following transient as well as permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)...
- Estrogen and Immunoprotection in Experimental StrokePatricia Hurn; Fiscal Year: 2009..peripheral immune dysfunction occurs in tandem with cerebral inflammation after focal cerebral ischemia (middle cerebral artery occlusion or MCAO) in the young adult and middle aged, reproductively senescent (RS) female mouse...