Genomes and Genes
middle cerebral artery
Summary: The largest and most complex of the cerebral arteries. Branches of the middle cerebral artery supply the insular region, motor and premotor areas, and large regions of the association cortex.
Publications323 found, 100 shown here
- Dynamic cerebral autoregulation in acute lacunar and middle cerebral artery territory ischemic strokeRogier V Immink
Cardiovascular Research Institute Amsterdam, Department of Physiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Stroke 36:2595-600. 2005We addressed whether dynamic cerebral autoregulation (dCA) is affected in middle cerebral artery (MCA) territory (MCAS) and lacunar ischemic stroke (LS).
- Long-term prognosis of symptomatic isolated middle cerebral artery disease in Korean stroke patientsMi Sun Oh
Department of Neurology, Hallym University Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University College of Medicine, Anyang, South Korea
BMC Neurol 11:138. 2011This study aimed to investigate the long-term mortality and recurrence rate of stroke in first-time stroke patients with symptomatic isolated middle cerebral artery disease (MCAD) under medical management.
- Lesion patterns and stroke mechanisms in concurrent atherosclerosis of intracranial and extracranial vesselsBik Ling Man
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Tuen Mun Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Stroke 40:3211-5. 2009..The typical lesion patterns and the mechanisms of stroke in patients with concurrent stenoses are unclear. This study aimed to determine these stroke features of such patients in Hong Kong...
- Characterizing photothrombotic distal middle cerebral artery occlusion and YAG laser-induced reperfusion model in the Izumo strain of spontaneously hypertensive ratsHiroshi Yao
National Hospital Organization Hizen Psychiatric Center, Saga, Japan
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:57-63. 2011..A total of 166 male SHR/Izm and 17 male SHRSP/Izm were subjected to photothrombotic middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion with or without YAG laser-induced reperfusion. The pattern of distal MCA was recorded...
- Early-stage investigations of ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide-induced signal change after permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion in miceVirginie Desestret
Universite Lyon, Lyon, France
Stroke 40:1834-41. 2009..Here, we compared MR signal changes after intravenous USPIO injection with the histological iron and macrophage distribution during the first 24 hours in a rodent model of acute stroke...
- Superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery bypass in acute ischemic stroke and stroke in progressGyojun Hwang
Department of Neurosurgery, Chuncheon Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University and Postgraduate School, Gangwon University, Chuncheon, Korea
Neurosurgery 68:723-9; discussion 729-30. 2011..Surgical reperfusion may be beneficial in patients with acute ischemic stroke who are ineligible for thrombolysis...
- Protective effect of resveratrol against oxidative stress in middle cerebral artery occlusion model of stroke in ratsKusum Sinha
Neuropharmacology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 110029, New Delhi, India
Life Sci 71:655-65. 2002..study the effect of chronic treatment of trans resveratrol was evaluated in focal ischemia induced by middle cerebral artery [MCA] occlusion in rats. Male Wistar rats were pretreated with trans resveratrol 20 mg/kg i.p...
- Heads down: flat positioning improves blood flow velocity in acute ischemic strokeAnne W Wojner-Alexander
Department of Neurology, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Neurology 64:1354-7. 2005..Acute stroke patients are routinely positioned with the head of the bed (HOB) elevated at 30 degrees despite lack of evidence for increased intracranial pressure...
- Continuous estimates of dynamic cerebral autoregulation during transient hypocapnia and hypercapniaN E Dineen
Ageing and Stroke Medicine Group, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester, UK
J Appl Physiol (1985) 108:604-13. 2010....
- Spontaneous fluctuations in cerebral blood flow regulation: contribution of PaCO2R B Panerai
Medical Physics Group, Department of Cardiovascular Sciences, University of Leicester National Health Service Trust, Leicester, UK
J Appl Physiol (1985) 109:1860-8. 2010..Continuous bilateral recordings of cerebral blood flow velocity (transcranial Doppler, middle cerebral artery), end-tidal Pco(2) (Pet(CO(2)), infrared capnograph), and blood pressure (Finapres) were obtained at rest ..
- Expression of transforming growth factor-beta1, 2, 3 isoforms and type I and II receptors in acute focal cerebral ischemia: an immunohistochemical study in rat after transient and permanent occlusion of middle cerebral arteryK A Ata
Department of Genetics and Pathology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Neuropathol 97:447-55. 1999..type I and II in a rat model of focal brain ischemia induced by transient or permanent occlusion of the middle cerebral artery. Our findings indicate that at days 1 and 3 following such transient and permanent ischemia there is an up-..
- Randomized controlled study comparing effect of magnesium sulfate with placebo on fetal umbilical artery and middle cerebral artery blood flow in mild preeclampsia at ≥ 34 weeks gestational ageSubhankar Dasgupta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura, India
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 38:763-71. 2012..of this study was to evaluate whether prophylactic magnesium sulfate given in women with mild preeclampsia or gestational hypertension brings any significant change in umbilical artery and fetal middle cerebral artery pulsatility index.
- Early recanalization rates and clinical outcomes in patients with tandem internal carotid artery/middle cerebral artery occlusion and isolated middle cerebral artery occlusionYo Sik Kim
Department of Neurology, Wonkwang University, School of Medicine, Iksan, South Korea
Stroke 36:869-71. 2005Patients with isolated middle cerebral artery (MCA) and tandem MCA/internal carotid artery (ICA) obstruction have similar presenting symptoms and stroke severity...
- Optimal brain perfusion CT coverage in patients with acute middle cerebral artery strokeA D Furtado
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0628, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:691-5. 2010....
- Microneurosurgical management of middle cerebral artery bifurcation aneurysmsReza Dashti
Department of Neurosurgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, 00260 Helsinki, Finland
Surg Neurol 67:441-56. 2007..The purpose of this article is to review the practical anatomy, preoperative planning, and avoidance of complications in the microsurgical dissection and clipping of MbifAs...
- Resection of the nerves bundle from the sphenopalatine ganglia tend to increase the infarction volume following middle cerebral artery occlusionSu Diansan
Department of Anesthesiology, Renji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 1630 Dong Fang Road, 200127, Shanghai, China
Neurol Sci 31:431-5. 2010..the effects of resection of the nerves bundle from the SPG of rat on the brain lesions following middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO), and evaluated the roles of the nitric oxygen synthase (NOS) immunoreactive perivascular ..
- Fenofibrate improves cerebral blood flow after middle cerebral artery occlusion in miceQingmin Guo
Department of Neurobiology, Neuroscience Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:70-8. 2010..Animals were treated for 7 days with fenofibrate and subjected to 2 h of filamentous middle cerebral artery occlusion and reperfusion under isoflurane anesthesia...
- Temporary stenting and retrieval of the self-expandable, intracranial stent in acute middle cerebral artery occlusionSang Hyun Suh
Department of Radiology, Gangnam Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 146 92 Dogok dong Gangnam gu, Seoul, 135 720, Republic of Korea
Neuroradiology 51:541-4. 2009..our experience in which a retrievable Enterprise stent was used as a temporary recanalization and embolectomy device in an acute middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion after urgent stenting for ipsilateral carotid artery stenosis.
- Pannexin protein expression in the rat middle cerebral arteryAlan R Burns
College of Optometry, University of Houston, Houston, Tex, USA
J Vasc Res 49:101-10. 2012..Pannexins are a recently discovered family of proteins that could potentially be involved in cell-to-cell communication. Herein, we sought to determine whether pannexins are expressed in rat middle cerebral artery (MCA).
- Wogonin inhibits ischemic brain injury in a rat model of permanent middle cerebral artery occlusionJungsook Cho
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Dongguk University, Gyeongju, Gyeongbuk, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 27:1561-4. 2004..Focal brain ischemia was induced by the permanent occlusion of middle cerebral artery (pMCAO) for 24 h with a silicone rubber cylinder inserted through the right internal carotid artery...
- Optimal values of flow velocity on transcranial Doppler in grading middle cerebral artery stenosis in comparison with magnetic resonance angiographyShan Gao
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
J Neuroimaging 12:213-8. 2002To investigate the optimal values of flow velocity on transcranial Doppler (TCD) in grading the severity of middle cerebral artery (MCA) stenosis in comparison with magnetic resonance angiography (MRA).
- Development of a middle cerebral artery occlusion model in the nonhuman primate and a safety study of i.v. infusion of human mesenchymal stem cellsMasanori Sasaki
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e26577. 2011..The authors developed a surgical method for transient occlusion of the M1 branch of middle cerebral artery (MCA) in the African green monkey to evaluate safety aspects of intravenous infusion of mesenchymal stem ..
- The influence of hyperoxia on regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF), regional cerebral blood volume (rCBV) and cerebral blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery (CBFVMCA) in human volunteersChristian Kolbitsch
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Magn Reson Imaging 20:535-41. 2002..20 volunteers for transcranial Doppler sonography (TCD) measurement of cerebral blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery (CBFV(MCA)). When compared to normoxia (FiO2 = 0.21), hyperoxia heterogeneously influenced rCBV (4...
- Treatment of a middle cerebral artery bifurcation aneurysm using a double neuroform stent "Y" configuration and coil embolization: technical case reportSepehr Sani
Department of Neurosurgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Neurosurgery 57:E209; discussion E209. 2005..Despite this advancement, some parent vessel bifurcation aneurysms can still remain elusive to single stent and coiling technique...
- Temporary neurologic deterioration due to cerebral hyperperfusion after superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery anastomosis in patients with adult-onset moyamoya diseaseMiki Fujimura
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Surg Neurol 67:273-82. 2007..Surgical revascularization for moyamoya disease prevents cerebral ischemic attacks by improving CBF, but little is known about the change in CBF and its effect on neurologic status during the acute stage after revascularization...
- Surgical strategies using cerebral revascularization in complex middle cerebral artery aneurysmsBo Ra Seo
Department of Neurosurgery, Chonnam National University Hospital and Medical School, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 111:670-5. 2009To describe surgical strategies using cerebral revascularization for complex middle cerebral artery aneurysms unsuitable to microsurgical clipping.
- Formation and maturation of the native cerebral collateral circulationDan Chalothorn
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:251-9. 2010..These findings demonstrate that collaterals form late during vascular development and undergo postnatal maturation and that differences in genetic background have dramatic effects on these processes...
- 2,2,2-trichloroethanol activates a nonclassical potassium channel in cerebrovascular smooth muscle and dilates the middle cerebral arteryNikhil K Parelkar
Basic Medical Science Department, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, 2464 Charlotte St, HSB 2232, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 332:803-10. 2010..Stimulation of K(+) channels such as TRAAK in cerebral arteries may therefore explain in part how CH/TCE increases CBF...
- Endovascular treatment of 174 middle cerebral artery aneurysms: clinical outcome and radiologic results at long-term follow-upJean François Vendrell
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Center, Gui de Chauliac Hospital, 80 avenue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Radiology 253:191-8. 2009To retrospectively evaluate the immediate safety and efficacy as well as the clinical outcome and long-term angiographic results of endovascular treatment (EVT) of middle cerebral artery (MCA) aneurysms.
- Role of estrogen in modulating EDHF-mediated dilations in the female rat middle cerebral arteryE M Golding
Department of Anesthesiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280:H2417-23. 2001..Our findings indicate that EDHF-mediated dilations are negligible in the female rat MCA; these dilations can be significantly enhanced after ovariectomy, suggesting that this effect is mediated by estrogen...
- A novel rodent model of reperfusion injury following occlusion of the middle cerebral arteryBarry J Connell
Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Ave, Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
J Neurosci Methods 190:28-33. 2010..In this model, blood flow through the middle cerebral artery (MCA) is temporarily occluded by placing gentle pressure on sutures behind the artery along three separate ..
- Relationship between middle cerebral artery blood velocity and end-tidal PCO2 in the hypocapnic-hypercapnic range in humansKojiro Ide
Departments of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Heritage Medical Research Bldg Rm 212, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:129-37. 2003..We used transcranial Doppler ultrasound to determine middle cerebral artery peak blood velocity responses to 14 levels of PETCO2 in a range of 22 to 50 Torr with a constant end-tidal ..
- Accumulation of calpain and caspase-3 proteolytic fragments of brain-derived alphaII-spectrin in cerebral spinal fluid after middle cerebral artery occlusion in ratsBrian R Pike
Department of Neuroscience, Center for Traumatic Brain Injury Studies, E F and W L McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:98-106. 2004..cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of rodents subjected to 2 hours of transient focal cerebral ischemia produced by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) followed by reperfusion...
- Cerebral lateralization and general intelligence: gender differences in a transcranial Doppler studyPhilip C Njemanze
Non invasive Neurocybernetic Flow Laboratory, International Institutes of Advanced Research and Training, Chidicon Medical Center, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
Brain Lang 92:234-9. 2005..This implies that general intelligence is associated with neural systems within one hemisphere that are accessible to a variety of cognitive processes...
- Stroke recurrences in patients with symptomatic vs asymptomatic middle cerebral artery diseaseR Kern
Department of Neurology, Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Neurology 65:859-64. 2005Although the natural history of extracranial carotid artery disease has been investigated systematically, limited data are available on the course of middle cerebral artery (MCA) disease.
- Lesion patterns and stroke mechanism in atherosclerotic middle cerebral artery disease: early diffusion-weighted imaging studyDae K Lee
Department of Neurology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Stroke 36:2583-8. 2005Patterns and mechanisms of stroke in patients with atherosclerotic middle cerebral artery (MCA) disease remain unclear...
- Recanalization of an acute middle cerebral artery occlusion using a self-expanding, reconstrainable, intracranial microstent as a temporary endovascular bypassMichael E Kelly
Division of Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Cleveland Clinic, S80, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Stroke 39:1770-3. 2008Although self-expanding intracranial microstents have been used to treat acute middle cerebral artery (MCA) stroke, there are disadvantages associated with placing a permanent endovascular implant...
- Elective stenting for symptomatic middle cerebral artery stenosis presenting as transient ischaemic deficits or stroke attacks: short term arteriographical and clinical outcomeJ K Kim
Graduate School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Pundang CHA Hospital, College of Medicine, Pochon CHA University, 351 Yatapdong, Pundangku, Sungnam 463 712, Korea
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:847-51. 2004..Although stent assisted angioplasty is an effective treatment for coronary and peripheral arterial disease, its efficacy in intracranial arteriosclerotic disease has not been verified...
- Alterations in cerebral dynamics at high altitude following partial acclimatization in humans: wakefulness and sleepPhilip N Ainslie
Dept of Physiology, Univ of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Appl Physiol (1985) 102:658-64. 2007..We measured middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (MCAv; transcranial Doppler ultrasound) and arterial blood pressure during wakefulness ..
- Differential effects of acute hypoxia and high altitude on cerebral blood flow velocity and dynamic cerebral autoregulation: alterations with hyperoxiaPhilip N Ainslie
Dept of Physiology, Univ of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Appl Physiol (1985) 104:490-8. 2008..and 3) hyperoxia at HA and would have more influence on blood pressure (BP) and less influence on middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (MCAv)...
- Gene expression profiling in the human middle cerebral artery after cerebral ischemiaP Vikman
Department of Experimental Vascular Research, Institution of Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Neurol 13:1324-32. 2006We have investigated the gene expression in human middle cerebral artery (MCA) after ischemia...
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage enhances endothelin receptor expression and function in rat cerebral arteriesJacob Hansen-Schwartz
Department of Internal Medicine, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Neurosurgery 52:1188-94; 1194-5. 2003..Inspired by organ culture-induced changes in the vascular endothelin (ET) receptor population, we investigated whether such changes occur in cerebral arteries in a rat subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) model...
- SKCa and IKCa Channels, myogenic tone, and vasodilator responses in middle cerebral arteries and parenchymal arterioles: effect of ischemia and reperfusionMarilyn J Cipolla
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Stroke 40:1451-7. 2009....
- Embryonic neural stem cells transplanted in middle cerebral artery occlusion model of rats demonstrated potent therapeutic effects, compared to adult neural stem cellsKazuya Takahashi
Department of Neurological Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama, 700 8558, Japan
Brain Res 1234:172-82. 2008..In this study, we explored the therapeutic effects of neural progenitor cells (NPC) upon middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model of rats with exploration of the differences between adult and embryonic NPCs in ..
- NO synthase blockade induces chaotic cerebral vasomotion via activation of thromboxane receptorsZ Lacza
Department of Physiology, Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Stroke 32:2609-14. 2001..The vasomotion after blockade of the NO-cGMP pathway is mediated by activation of thromboxane receptors...
- Effects of hypobaric hypoxia on cerebral autoregulationAndrew W Subudhi
Altitude Research Center, University of Colorado at Denver, School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Stroke 41:641-6. 2010..This investigation evaluated relationship between CA and AMS over 9 hours of hypobaric hypoxia...
- Acute ischemic infarct in the middle cerebral artery territory following a Russell's viper biteSanjeev K Narang
Department of General Medicine, Mamata General Hospital, Mamata Medical College, Khammam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Neurol India 57:479-80. 2009..T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging revealed infarct in the left middle cerebral artery territory...
- Comparison of silicon-coated nylon suture to plain nylon suture in the rat middle cerebral artery occlusion modelNorihito Shimamura
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
J Neurosci Methods 156:161-5. 2006A variety of intraluminal sutures have been used in the middle cerebral artery occlusion model (MCAO) of focal ischemia...
- Outcome for middle cerebral artery aneurysm surgeryMichael K Morgan
Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Level 1, 3 Dow Corning, Innovation Rd, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia
Neurosurgery 67:755-61; discussion 761. 2010To assess in depth the variables contributing to adverse surgical outcome for repair of unruptured middle cerebral artery aneurysms.
- Mechanisms of acute cerebral infarctions in patients with middle cerebral artery stenosis: a diffusion-weighted imaging and microemboli monitoring studyKa Sing Wong
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, SAR
Ann Neurol 52:74-81. 2002..most therapeutic efforts and experimental stroke models focus on the concept of complete occlusion of the middle cerebral artery as a result of embolism from the carotid artery or cardiac chamber, relatively little is known about the ..
- Microglia and macrophages express tumor necrosis factor receptor p75 following middle cerebral artery occlusion in miceK L Lambertsen
Medical Biotechnology Center, Winsloewparken 25, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, DK 5000, Denmark
Neuroscience 144:934-49. 2007..of the TNF receptors, TNF-p55R and TNF-p75R, from 1 to 10 days following permanent occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in mice...
- External carotid artery to middle cerebral artery bypass with the saphenous vein graftErica F Bisson
Division of Neurosurgery, Department of Surgery, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, Vermont, USA
Neurosurgery 62:134-8; discussion 138-9. 2008..It is in these patients that use of the saphenous vein should be considered. In this report, we detail the technical aspects of performing an extracranial-intracranial bypass by using a saphenous vein graft...
- Prenatal management of placental chorioangioma: value of the middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocityD Escribano
Fetal Pathophysiology and Ultrasound Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre, Madrid, Spain
Fetal Diagn Ther 21:489-93. 2006..We report the use of sonographic findings and peak systolic velocity in the middle cerebral artery in the diagnosis and management of fetal anemia without the occurrence of hydrops fetalis in a pregnant ..
- Inhibition of 2-arachidonoylglycerol catabolism modulates vasoconstriction of rat middle cerebral artery by the thromboxane mimetic, U-46619C J Hillard
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Br J Pharmacol 152:691-8. 2007..smooth muscle cells express the CB1 cannabinoid receptor and CB1 agonists produce vasodilatation of the middle cerebral artery (MCA)...
- Ischemic lesion volume correlates with long-term functional outcome and quality of life of middle cerebral artery stroke survivorsS K Schiemanck
Center of Excellence for Rehabilitation Medicine, Rehabilitation Center De Hoogstraat Utrecht, The Netherlands
Restor Neurol Neurosci 23:257-63. 2005..Therefore, this study investigated relationships between infarct volume and a broad range of outcomes of stroke survivors at a long follow-up period...
- Incidence and risk factors for symptomatic cerebral hyperperfusion after superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery anastomosis in patients with moyamoya diseaseMiki Fujimura
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Surg Neurol 71:442-7. 2009Superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery anastomosis for moyamoya disease prevents cerebral ischemic attack by improving CBF, whereas recent evidence suggests that the temporary neurologic deterioration because of postoperative ..
- Comparison of large intrasylvian and subpial hematomas caused by rupture of middle cerebral artery aneurysmAtsushi Saito
Department of Neurosurgery, Iwate Prefectural Central Hospital, Morioka, Iwate, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:281-5. 2010The clinical characteristics of intrasylvian and subpial hematomas caused by rupture of middle cerebral artery (MCA) aneurysm were examined in 86 patients admitted to our department with subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) caused by ruptured ..
- The increase of blood flow in the fetal middle cerebral artery correlates with the onset of labor at termFiliberto M Severi
Department of Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Reproductive Medicine, Section of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Reprod Sci 15:584-90. 2008..objective of this cohort study is to evaluate the relationship between blood flow resistance in the fetal middle cerebral artery (MCA) and the beginning of spontaneous labor...
- Influence of physiologic oscillation of estrogens on cerebral hemodynamicsM Diomedi
Clinica Neurologica, Universita di Roma Tor Vergata, Ospedale S Eugenio, P le dell Umanesimo 10, 00144 Rome, Italy
J Neurol Sci 185:49-53. 2001..to hypercapnia with transcranial Doppler ultrasonography and the breath-holding index method in the right middle cerebral artery of 20 young women during the menstrual and the ovulatory phase...
- Changes in cerebral blood flow induced by passive and active elbow and hand movementsM Matteis
J Neurol 248:104-8. 2001..Twenty healthy subjects were investigated. A bilateral TCD monitoring of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) flow velocity was performed during the following experimental conditions: 1-min of active and ..
- Doppler waveform indices of fetal middle cerebral artery in normal 20 to 40 weeks pregnanciesMohammad Kazem Tarzamni
Department of Radiology, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Tabriz, Iran
Arch Iran Med 12:29-34. 2009..Evaluation of Doppler wave of the middle cerebral artery can predict most of the at-risk fetuses in high-risk pregnancies...
- Middle cerebral artery (MCA) susceptibility sign at susceptibility-based perfusion MR imaging: clinical importance and comparison with hyperdense MCA sign at CTS Flacke
Department of Radiology, University of Bonn, Sigmund Freud Strasse 25, D 53105 Bonn, Germany
Radiology 215:476-82. 2000To describe the radiologic findings of susceptibility changes in acute middle cerebral artery (MCA) thromboembolism detected with three-dimensional (3D) susceptibility-based perfusion magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and to compare the ..
- Angiographic and embryologic considerations in five cases of middle cerebral artery fenestrationPhilippe Gailloud
Interventional Neuroradiology, Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 23:585-7. 2002Five cases of unilateral middle cerebral artery fenestration were observed during the prospective evaluation of 1466 consecutive cerebral angiograms (0.43% of 1170 patients) between January 1999 and July 2001...
- Direct surgical treatment of giant middle cerebral artery aneurysms using microvascular reconstruction techniquesHideki Nakajima
Department of Neurosurgery, Asahikawa Red Cross Hospital, Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 52:56-61. 2012..This study describes direct surgical treatment of giant middle cerebral artery (MCA) aneurysms using microvascular reconstruction techniques in 13 patients treated between 2006 and 2009...
- Clinical applications of susceptibility weighted imaging in patients with major strokePoyin Huang
Department of Neurology, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Neurol 259:1426-32. 2012..We conducted a prospective study of patients hospitalized with middle cerebral artery territory infarction receiving MRI within 2 days of stroke onset...
- Collateral growth and angiogenesis around cortical strokeL Wei
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO, USA
Stroke 32:2179-84. 2001..We tested the hypothesis that there are significant long-term local vascular changes after ministroke that could form a basis for functional recovery...
- Focal hyperperfusion after superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery anastomosis in a patient with moyamoya disease. Case reportKazuhide Furuya
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosurg 100:128-32. 2004Superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery (STA-MCA) anastomosis is a standard surgical therapeutic option in patients with moyamoya disease...
- Symptomatic hyperperfusion after superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery anastomosis in a child with moyamoya diseaseMiki Fujimura
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 23:1195-8. 2007..Surgical revascularization for moyamoya disease prevents cerebral ischemic attacks by improving cerebral blood flow (CBF). It is undetermined, however, how rapid increase in CBF affects ischemic brain at acute stage, especially in children...
- Probabilistic anatomic mapping of cerebral blood flow distribution of the middle cerebral arterySeong Jang Kim
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Pusan National University Hospital, Busan, Republic of Korea
J Nucl Med 49:39-43. 2008..They allow anatomic and functional labeling of the results of group studies in stereotactic space and, hence, the automated anatomic labeling of individual brain imaging data...
- Effects of caffeic acid phenethyl ester on cerebral cortex: structural changes resulting from middle cerebral artery ischemia reperfusionN Cengiz
Department of Histology, Faculty of Medicine Yuzuncu Yil, University Van, Turkey
Clin Neuropathol 26:80-4. 2007..The middle cerebral artery was occluded for 60 min with an intraluminal suture, followed by 24-h reperfusion...
- Biofeedback-assisted relaxation in migraine headache: relationship to cerebral blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral arterySachinder Vasudeva
Departments of Psychiatry, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Spain
Headache 43:245-50. 2003..Background.-The relationship between cerebral blood flow velocity and treatment response to biofeedback/relaxation in migraine with and without aura is uncertain...
- Fenestration of the middle cerebral artery detected by MR angiographyAkira Uchino
Department of Radiology, Saga Medical School, Nabeshima, Saga, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 5:51-5. 2006..We investigated the location and configuration of fenestration of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) detected by magnetic resonance (MR) angiography...
- Effects of intracerebroventricular galanin or a galanin receptor 2/3 agonist on the lesion induced by transient occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in female ratsLovisa Holm
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine Division of Clinical Chemistry, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Neuropeptides 45:17-23. 2011..c.v.) in naïve female rats after a 60min transient and focal occlusion of the middle cerebral artery. The animals were sacrificed, and the ischemic lesion was visualized using 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium ..
- Pure vasogenic edema caused by cerebral hyperperfusion after superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery anastomosis--case reportJouji Kokuzawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Asahi University Murakami Memorial Hospital, Gifu, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:250-3. 2010..as transient aphasia and general tonic convulsions 3 and 4 days after superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery (STA-MCA) anastomosis...
- Rapid identification of a major diffusion/perfusion mismatch in distal internal carotid artery or middle cerebral artery ischemic strokeReza Hakimelahi
Neuroradiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Neurol 12:132. 2012..the hypothesis that in patients with occlusion of the terminal internal carotid artery and/or the proximal middle cerebral artery, a diffusion abnormality of 70 ml or less is accompanied by a diffusion/perfusion mismatch of at least 100%...
- Progression of middle cerebral artery susceptibility sign on T2*-weighted images: its effect on recanalization and clinical outcome after thrombolysisHo Sung Kim
Department of Radiology, Division of Neuroradiology and Research Institute of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:W650-7. 2006The middle cerebral artery (MCA) "susceptibility sign" on T2*-weighted imaging has been reported to indicate acute thrombotic occlusion...
- Surgical clipping as the preferred treatment for aneurysms of the middle cerebral arteryJ Marc C van Dijk
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:2111-7. 2011..Despite the fact that in ISAT middle cerebral artery (MCA) aneurysms were clearly underrepresented, the study is often used as an argument to favor coiling ..
- Blocking pterygopalatine arterial blood flow decreases infarct volume variability in a mouse model of intraluminal suture middle cerebral artery occlusionYili Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Neurosci Methods 174:18-24. 2008The mouse model of intraluminal suture middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) is still associated with several issues, such as variability of infarction volume and survival. Thus, the method is far from standardization...
- Middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity for the diagnosis of fetal anemia: the untold storyG Mari
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD, NIH, DHHS, Detroit, MI, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:323-30. 2005
- Superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery bypass surgery in a pediatric giant intracranial aneurysm presenting as migraine-like episodesH S Goedee
Department of Neurology, Elisabeth Hospital Tilburg, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Childs Nerv Syst 25:257-61. 2009..Aneurysms of the intracranial arteries in the pediatric population are reportedly rare. There is a male predominance, association with connective tissue disorders, as well as bacterial, mycotic infections, and trauma...
- Atherosclerosis of middle cerebral artery: evaluation with high-resolution MR imaging at 3TMing li Li
Department of Radiology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital and Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Shuai Fu Yuan 1, Dong Cheng District, Beijing 100730, China
Atherosclerosis 204:447-52. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess whether high resolution cross sectional magnetic resonance imaging (HRMRI) could compensate the limitation of 3D TOF MRA in the atherosclerotic disease of middle cerebral artery (MCA).
- Effect of permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion on Cytoglobin expression in the mouse brainZindy Raida
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 424:274-8. 2012..Ten were sham operated and ten were given permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion (pMCAo). All animals were euthanized after 24h...
- Proximal superficial temporal artery to proximal middle cerebral artery bypass using a radial artery graft: an anatomic approachMustafa Buyukmumcu
Department of Anatomy, Meram Faculty of Medicine, Selcuk University, 42080, Konya, Turkey
Neurosurg Rev 27:185-8. 2004..the use of radial artery graft for bypass of the proximal superficial temporal artery to the proximal middle cerebral artery. Six adult cadaver sites were used bilaterally...
- Tandem internal carotid artery/middle cerebral artery occlusion: an independent predictor of poor outcome after systemic thrombolysisMarta Rubiera
Brain Hemodynamics Lab, Stroke Unit, Department of Neurology, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 37:2301-5. 2006Although tandem internal carotid artery/middle cerebral artery (MCA; TIM) occlusion has been associated with low recanalization rate after IV tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), its independent contribution on stroke outcome remains ..
- Minimally invasive superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery bypass through a minicraniotomy: benefit of three-dimensional virtual reality planning using magnetic resonance angiographyGerrit Fischer
Neurochirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitaetsmedizin, Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet, Mainz, Germany
Neurosurg Focus 26:E20. 2009The aim of the authors in this study was to introduce a minimally invasive superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery (STA-MCA) bypass surgery by the preselection of appropriate donor and recipient branches in a 3D virtual ..
- Accuracy of perfusion-CT in predicting malignant middle cerebral artery brain infarctionR Dittrich
Dept of Neurology, University Hospital of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, 48129 Muenster, Germany
J Neurol 255:896-902. 2008We performed a prospective study on patients with middle cerebral artery(MCA) ischemic stroke to evaluate the accuracy of perfusion-CT imaging(PCT) to predict the development of malignant brain infarction (MBI).
- Middle cerebral artery Doppler in fetuses with transposition of the great arteriesJ M Jouannic
Maternité, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP Université Paris V, Paris
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:122-4. 2002..The aim of this study was to compare Doppler blood flow velocity waveforms in fetuses with transposition of the great arteries with those in healthy fetuses...
- Third trimester fetal heart rate and Doppler middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity characteristics during prenatal selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor exposureDan Rurak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Res 70:96-101. 2011..Fetal middle cerebral artery (MCA) flow parameters and heart rate characteristics were obtained during pre-SSRI dose morning and ..
- Effects of anti-intercellular adhesion molecule-1 antibody on reperfusion injury induced by late reperfusion in the rat middle cerebral artery occlusion modelYukihide Kanemoto
Department of Neurosurgery, Nara Medical University, Kashihara City, Japan
Neurosurgery 51:1034-41; discussion 1041-2. 2002..The aim of the present study was to assess the effects of an anti-ICAM-1 antibody on reperfusion-induced injury after late reperfusion in a rat middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) suture model.
- Middle cerebral artery peak systolic and ductus venosus velocity waveforms in the hydropic fetusErich Cosmi
Department of Gynecological Science and Reproductive Medicine, University of Padua School of Medicine, Via Giustiniani 3, 35100 Padua, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 24:209-13. 2005The purpose of this study was to assess whether Doppler assessment of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) peak systolic velocity (PSV) and ductus venosus (DV) velocity waveforms during sonography of hydropic fetuses may specify the cause of ..
- Regulation of middle cerebral artery blood velocity during dynamic exercise in humans: influence of agingJames P Fisher
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 105:266-73. 2008..Therefore, to address this question, middle cerebral artery blood velocity (MCAV), mean arterial pressure (MAP), and the partial pressure of arterial carbon dioxide (..
- Transient middle cerebral artery occlusion in rats as an experimental model of brain ischemiaRenato Luis Calloni
Department of Clinical Surgery, UCS, Caxias do Sul, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 25:428-33. 2010To assess a rat model of cerebral ischemia induced by occlusion of the middle cerebral artery and its effect on the area of cerebral infarction.
- Effect of early and delayed recanalization on infarct pattern in proximal middle cerebral artery occlusionMarek Humpich
Department of Neurology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 22:51-6. 2006To investigate the effect of early (<6 h) versus delayed (>6 h) recanalization on infarct pattern in acute middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion.
- Autoregulation in the posterior circulation is altered by the metabolic state of the visual cortexKazuma Nakagawa
Department of Neurology, Stroke Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Stroke 40:2062-7. 2009..that dynamic autoregulation in the posterior cerebral artery (PCA) is less efficient compared to the middle cerebral artery (MCA)...
- Effects of 0.6 mg/kg intravenous alteplase on vascular and clinical outcomes in middle cerebral artery occlusion: Japan Alteplase Clinical Trial II (J-ACT II)Etsuro Mori
Department of Behavioral Neurology and Cognitive Neuroscience, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Stroke 41:461-5. 2010..6 mg/kg intravenous alteplase on vascular and clinical outcomes in patients with middle cerebral artery occlusion in a postmarketing Phase IV trial of prospective cohort study design.
- Cardiorespiratory and cerebrovascular responses to acute poikilocapnic hypoxia following intermittent and continuous exposure to hypoxia in humansPhilip N Ainslie
Dept of Physiology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Appl Physiol (1985) 102:1953-61. 2007..12) in which ventilation, end-tidal gases, arterial O(2) saturation, BP, and middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (MCAV) were measured continuously...
- Differential responses to CO2 and sympathetic stimulation in the cerebral and femoral circulations in humansPhilip N Ainslie
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Physiol 566:613-24. 2005..1 +/- 3.7 (mean +/- S.D.) years), we measured flow velocity (VP; transcranial Doppler ultrasound) in the middle cerebral artery during euoxic isocapnia (ISO, +1 mmHg above rest) and two levels of euoxic hypercapnia (HC5, end-tidal P(..
- Nuances of middle cerebral artery aneurysm microsurgeryD Chyatte
Division of Cerebrovascular Diseases, Drexel MCP Hahnemann University Medical School, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19129, USA
Neurosurgery 48:339-46. 2001b>Middle cerebral artery aneurysms, a common source of subarachnoid hemorrhage, occur predominantly at the main bifurcation of the middle cerebral artery...
- Middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity: a new Doppler parameter in the assessment of growth-restricted fetusesG Mari
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 29:310-6. 2007The aims of this study were to determine if there is a relationship between middle cerebral artery (MCA) peak systolic velocity (PSV) and perinatal mortality in preterm intrauterine growth-restricted (IUGR) fetuses, to compare the ..
- [Large kissing aneurysms of the middle cerebral artery: a case report--classification of kissing aneurysms]Katsumi Harada
Department of Neurosurgery, Shuto General Hospital, Yanai, Yamaguchi, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 32:513-7. 2004We report a rare case of kissing aneurysms located at the middle cerebral artery. A 69-year-old man had a severe subarachnoid hemorrhage associated with intracerebral hematoma (Hunt and Hess grade 5, WFNS grade V)...
- Correlation between blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery and EEG during cognitive effortImre Szirmai
Department of Neurology, Semmelweis University Budapest, 1083 Budapest, Balassa u 6 Hungary
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 24:33-40. 2005Cognitive effort modifies blood flow velocity (BFV) in the middle cerebral artery (MCA) which can be recorded by transcranial Doppler sonography (TCD). EEG parameters can be used as indicators of cortical activation...
- Deregulated lipid metabolism in strokeRobert J Dempsey; Fiscal Year: 2013..p21 and p27 through ceramide accumulation, and (c) attenuated Rb phosphorylation after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion (tMCAO) in rat. Our studies strongly support SMS inhibition by D609 leading to cell cycle arrest...
- Treatment of stroke with a clinically approved proteasome inhibitorLi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2012Occlusion of the middle cerebral artery elicits a progressive vascular dysfunction, which contributes to the evolution of brain injury...
- White Matter Protection in Cerebral IschemiaGuodong Cao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Focal ischemia will be induced in mice by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) The following Specific Aims are proposed: Aim 1: Test the hypothesis that systemic ..
- S-Nitrosylated Hemoglobin and Ischemic Brain InjuryDavid Warner; Fiscal Year: 2010..Using an established, physiologically-controlled rat middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model, we will 1) Define acute effects of 20 ppm ethyl nitrite inhalation on absolute CBF ..
- Role of Neutrophil-Platelet Interactions in Vascular Occlusive DisordersNauder Faraday; Fiscal Year: 2010..time, ferric chloride-induced injury of mesenteric arterioles, and transient filament occlusion of the middle cerebral artery. We will examine the effects of neutrophil count and cathepsin G on vascular outcomes by manipulating ..
- Homing of Stem Cells in Stroke TherapeuticsEVAN YALE contact SNYDER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Rats will be injected iv with the stem cells at 24-72 hrs post-middle cerebral artery occlusion...
- Endothelial Aromatase in Sex-Specific Cerebrovascular Dysfunction After IschemiaKRISTEN LEANNE ZULOAGA; Fiscal Year: 2012..vasodilator acetylcholine (ACh) will be compared in male and female mice before and after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion (tMCAO, 1h) or sham surgery using an in vivo cranial window preparation and optical ..
- CHRONIC INTERMITTENT HYPOXIA, NEUROVASCULAR DYSFUNCTION AND STROKECostantino Iadecola; Fiscal Year: 2013..cerebrovascular effects of CIH deplete cerebrovascular reserves, aggravate the brain ischemia induced by middle cerebral artery occlusion, and increase the resulting tissue damage...
- Development of Potent/Selective Lipoxygenase Therapeutics Against Stroke InjuryTheodore R Holman; Fiscal Year: 2013..12/15-LOX expression is increased in the peri-infarct region following middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) in mice, both in neurons and in endothelial cells, which contributes to ischemic brain ..
- Dietary targeting of dihydrolipoamide dehydrogenase for stroke toleranceLiang Jun Yan; Fiscal Year: 2013..60% after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion (tMCAO, 1 hr ischemia and 24 hr reperfusion)...
- Estrogen and Immunoprotection in Experimental StrokePatricia D Hurn; Fiscal Year: 2013..peripheral immune dysfunction occurs in tandem with cerebral inflammation after focal cerebral ischemia (middle cerebral artery occlusion or MCAO) in the young adult and middle aged, reproductively senescent (RS) female mouse...
- Neuron-Dervied S1P and Endothelial Function in StrokeChristian Waeber; Fiscal Year: 2010..sphingosine kinase 2, SPK2) is upregulated in neurons following oxygen glucose deprivation (OGD) and middle cerebral artery occlusion in mice...
- siRNA Therapy and Imaging Assessment in Ischemic StrokeMarytheresa Ifediba; Fiscal Year: 2012..The efficacy of probes will be tested in vivo using a transient middle cerebral artery occlusion model of ischemic stroke in mice...
- Nitroalkene-Mediated Vascular Protection and Ischemic StrokeYuqing Eugene Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..administration of OA-NO2 can reduce cerebral infarct volume and edema in mice after 24h of middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion...
- Intranasal deferoxamine to treat stroke in young and older, male and female ratsSAMUEL SCOTT PANTER; Fiscal Year: 2013..Stroke will be induced by the intraluminal suture middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model...
- Ac-SDKP for Treatment of Acute StrokeZheng Gang Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..and vascular integrity, brain hemorrhage, and ischemic neuronal damage in aged rats subjected to embolic middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)...
- A NEW STRATEGY FOR PROTECTION FROM CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAYing Xia; Fiscal Year: 2013..The most striking finding is that EA remarkably reduces brain infarction due to the occlusion of middle cerebral artery, which is dependent on the EA-triggered cellular/molecular events in the brain...
- Heat Shock Protein Therapeutics for StrokeFrank R Sharp; Fiscal Year: 2013..neurons and glia in vitro;(b) FvHsp70 decreases infarct volumes and improves behavioral outcomes following middle cerebral artery occlusions (MCAO) in vivo;(c) and pro-inflammatory and pro-apoptotic genes induced in blood leukocytes ..
- Transcranial Sonothrombolysis with Diagnostic UltrasoundThilo Hoelscher; Fiscal Year: 2013..will help us study these effects and their impact on thrombolysis in vivo in a system that resembles the middle cerebral artery. More important, it will allow us to asses macro- and microvascular recanalization...
- TWEAK-Induced Neuroinflammation and Cerebral EdemaMANUEL SALVADOR YEPES; Fiscal Year: 2013..We have also found that following middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) the expression of TWEAK and Fn14 increases in the ischemic area, and that inhibition of ..
- Histone deacetylases - therapeutic targets for functional restoration after strokSEAN PADRAIG MURPHY; Fiscal Year: 2013..and promotes long term functional (motor, sensory, cognitive) recovery from transient cerebral ischemia (middle cerebral artery occlusion), and whether restoration of function correlates with the extent of 'neuronogenesis'...
- Cellular Mechanisms of Vasoregulation by Volatile AnestheticsRostislav Bychkov; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific Aim 1: To determine pharmacology of blockers-resistive K2P-like currents in thoracic aorta and middle cerebral artery. In this aim, we propose to prove by pharmacological tools that blockers resistive whole cell outward ..
- The role of ROCKs in stroke recoveryQing Mei Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..They will subject haplo-insufficent ROCK1+/- and ROCK2+/- mice to middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) and will measure the motor and cognitive function, inflammation, angiogenesis, ..
- Cerebral Aneurysm Clipping Training Simulator using Virtual Reality and HapticsP Pat Banerjee; Fiscal Year: 2010..from the internal carotid artery: anterior cerebral, anterior communicating, posterior communicating, and middle cerebral artery (MCA)...
- Weibel-Palade Bodies: roles in thrombosis, inflammation and strokeDenisa D Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2013..The most important techniques will be an ischemic stroke model produced by transient middle cerebral artery occlusion and intravital microscopy. Both techniques are well established in our group...
- Vasodilation via selective pharmacological targeting of BK channel beta1 subunitsAlex M Dopico; Fiscal Year: 2013..mesenteric and cerebral arteries, we focus on 3rd-4th branches of mesenteric artery and resistance-size, middle cerebral artery. PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The importance of cell membrane-initiated signaling by physiological steroids is ..
- Fe porphyrin-based Redox Modulator in Experimental Stroke OutcomeInes Batinic-Haberle; Fiscal Year: 2013..It improved neurologic outcome and decreased infarct size and inflammation in a rat middle cerebral artery occlusion stroke model...
- Acute Collateral Enhancement in Focal StrokeAl C Ngai; Fiscal Year: 2010..is the leptomeningeal vasculature, which provides collateral flow during focal ischemia, such as middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)...
- Mechanisms of rapid paravascular fluid transport in the brainJeffrey J Iliff; Fiscal Year: 2012..Among those suffering large middle cerebral artery strokes, mortality rates approach 80% within the first week following the event...
- Mechanisms of Hyperbaric Oxygen Induced Brain ProtectionJohn H Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..of hyperbaric oxygen induced preconditioning (HBO-PC) in a focal cerebral ischemic model produced by Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion (MCAO)...
- US-China Collaborative Research on Stroke ImagingJinyuan Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will test our hypothesis on animals, using a clinically relevant middle cerebral artery occlusion model, and perform pilot human scanning on hyperacute and acute ischemic stroke patients to ..
- Mechanism of Vascular Dysfunction after Stroke in Postmenopausal FemaleNabil J Alkayed; Fiscal Year: 2013..mice exacerbates EC injury and dysfunction, leading to perfusion deficit and worsening brain damage after middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)...
- The Role of Astrocytic Transglutaminase 2 in Mediating Ischemic Stroke DamageJULIANNE M FEOLA; Fiscal Year: 2013..under ischemic condition, and 3) astrocyte-specific knockout of TG2 will reduce the infarct volume after a middle cerebral artery ligation (MCAL) in vivo. For the first two aims, I will use cell culture models...
- Chromosomal and Hormonal Contributions to Sex Differences in Ischemic Stroke.LOUISE DEBORAH MCCULLOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2013..sex and hormone contributions to post-stroke inflammation in the 4CG mice (Aim 3) using a well established middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model of stroke...
- MATRIX METALLOPROTEINASES AND NEURONS IN FOCAL ISCHEMIAGregory J del Zoppo; Fiscal Year: 2010..The hypotheses to be tested by this Proposal state that during middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCA-O) and reperfusion, i) neuron responses are determined, in part, by the responses to ..
- Mechanism of Hypoxia Inducible Factor 1 in Cerebral IschemiaHonglian Shi; Fiscal Year: 2012..2) We will test the hypothesis with the rat middle cerebral artery occlusion model of ischemic stroke in vivo...
- Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 Alpha in Stroke InjuryAdam Sapirstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..infarct size, altered cerebral perfusion, and gene induction, as compared to controls after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion. Results will also define a therapeutic time window for cPLA2a inhibition...
- Cerebral Aneurysm Clipping Training Simulator using Virtual Reality and HapticsP Pat Banerjee; Fiscal Year: 2013..validated for ventriculostomy, we propose here to validate it for aneurysm clipping at the MCA (middle cerebral artery) bifurcation...
- Microglial Toll-like Receptor-4 and Ischemic PreconditioningJonathan R Weinstein; Fiscal Year: 2013..To test these hypotheses, we will first use a well-established in vivo model of stroke/IPC (mouse middle cerebral artery occlusion/reperfusion paradigm) on TLR4 knockout and control mice...
- Neuroprotection by a Nuclear Carbonic Anhydrase in C. elegansKEITH W NEHRKE; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, a mouse middle cerebral artery ligation stroke model will be used to determine whether endogenous NCA activity is regulated by hypoxia in ..
- BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER ION TRANSPORT IN CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAMARTHA E O'DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..and vasopressin (AVP) and that inhibiting BBB NKCC and/or NHE activity reduces brain edema in the rat middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model of stroke...
- Regulation of Stromal Derived Factor-1 Mediated Angiogenesis in Ischemic BrainUmadevi V Wesley; Fiscal Year: 2013..between DPPIV expression and SDF1, and CXCR4 levels in mouse brain and serum following transient middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) (Aim 1)...
- Dentatothalamocortical electrical stimulation in post-stroke motor recoveryAndre Guelman Machado; Fiscal Year: 2013..These areas correspond to the perilesional zone in typical middle cerebral artery infarcts and are thought to be involved in local reorganization associated with motor recovery after ..
- Neuronal Regeneration of Stroked Brain with Perlecan Domain VGREGORY JAYE BIX; Fiscal Year: 2013..stroke willbe induced by transient focal cortical ischemia using the tandem ipsilateral common carotid and middle cerebral artery occlusion model in 3-month-old male C57/Bl6 mice...
- Cord Blood is Neuroprotective in a Rat Model of StrokeAlison E Willing; Fiscal Year: 2010..In a rat model of stroke (the middle cerebral artery occlusion or MCAO) we found that intravenously (iv) administering the mononuclear fraction from human ..
- Notch Enhances Shear-mediated Arteriogenesis in Cerebral VesselsTYSON NAM KIM; Fiscal Year: 2013..collateral enlargement and blood flow in the same animals over time by combining a surgical model for middle cerebral artery (MCA) ligation and intravital two-photon excited fluorescence microscopy...
- Neurorestorative therapy of stroke with HUCBC in T2DM ratsJieli Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..We found that treatment of stroke with HUCBCs starting at 1 or 3 days after middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAo) improves recovery of neurological function in DM rats...
- TCD With Transfusions Changing to HydroxyureaRussell E Ware; Fiscal Year: 2013..For children with time-averaged maximum velocities (TAMV) in the middle cerebral artery (MCA) or internal carotid artery (ICA) elevated to the "abnormal" range (=200cm/sec), chronic erythrocyte ..
- Neonatal Brain Ischemia: Neuroimaging as a Basis For Rational Stem Cell TherapyStephen Ashwal; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our goal is to use advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in a standard rat pup model of unilateral middle cerebral artery occlusion with hypoxia (Rice- Vannucci, RVM) to: (1) monitor non-invasively (as might be done clinically) ..
- Neurorestorative therapy of stroke with agents that increase HDLJieli Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..this restorative therapy and to investigate their molecular mechanisms in a pre-clinical rodent model of middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAo)...
- TCD with Transfusions Changing to Hydroxyurea - SDMCBarry R Davis; Fiscal Year: 2013..For children with time-averaged maximum velocities (TAMV) in the middle cerebral artery (MCA) or internal carotid artery (ICA) elevated to the "abnormal" range (e200cm/sec), chronic erythrocyte ..
- Cerebral Autoregulation Monitoring to Reduce Brain Injury from Cardiac SurgeryOLA ARVID SELNES; Fiscal Year: 2013..software that continuously compares the relation between arterial blood pressure and CBF velocity of the middle cerebral artery measured with transcranial Doppler and with cerebral oximetry measured with near infrared spectroscopy...
- Mechanisms of Endothelial Cell HyperpolarizationSean P Marrelli; Fiscal Year: 2012..RT-PCR and immunohistochemistry), measure [Ca2+]i and Ca2+ influx in response to ATP in freshly isolated middle cerebral artery (MCA) ECs and in the ECs of pressurized MCA (Fura 2 dye), and demonstrate the role of the identified TRP ..
- TWEAK-Induced Ischemic Neuronal DeathMANUEL SALVADOR YEPES; Fiscal Year: 2013..TWEAK and Fn14 expression has been detected under non-ischemic conditions in neurons, and either middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) or exposure of neuronal cultures to oxygen-glucose deprivation (OGD) conditions results ..
- Role of Prokineticin 2 in Cerebral IschemiaMichelle Y Cheng; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary data showed that PK2 expression is induced in the rat striatum after middle cerebral artery occlusion (MGAO)...
- BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER ION TRANSPORT IN CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAMARTHA E O'DONNELL; Fiscal Year: 2012..and vasopressin (AVP) and that inhibiting BBB NKCC and/or NHE activity reduces brain edema in the rat middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model of stroke...
- Effects of Semaphorin 3A on Stroke RecoveryKlaus van Leyen; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 2, we study the expression of Sema3A and its receptor Neuropilin 1 (NRP1), in a mouse model of middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)...
- Vascular Cognitive Impairment Induced by Ischemic Stroke: mechanism and therapyShaohua Yang; Fiscal Year: 2012..on long-term sensorimotor functions, cognitive functions, and anxiety-related behavior in a transient middle cerebral artery occlusion model in rats. Specific Aim 2...
- A Novel Intervention Strategy for Stroke with RTL TherapyHalina Offner; Fiscal Year: 2013..group has pioneered the study of cerebral ischemia-induced changes to peripheral immune organs using the middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) mouse model of ischemic stroke...
- Middle cerebral artery stroke: Non-contrast MR screening of high-risk plaqueChun Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2013..phenomena arising from atherosclerotic plaque in large arteries supplying the brain through the Middle Cerebral Artery (MCA) are known to account for a quarter to one-third of ischemic MCA stroke despite being one of the most ..
- The Capacity to Synthesize NPD1 is Reduced in Aged BrainsTIFFANY NIEMOLLER EADY; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our broad aim will be to trigger the brain's endogenous NPD1 synthesis pathways via a Middle Cerebral Artery occlusion (MCAo) model on young and aged Sprague- Dawley rats followed by neurobehavioral testing, ..
- MECHANISMS OF MOTOR RECOVERY AFTER SUBTOTAL BRAIN INJURYRobert J Morecraft; Fiscal Year: 2013..part of the motor cortex that is typically involved in the most common form of human stroke, namely middle cerebral artery infarction...
- A Novel Adjunct to Physical Training to Improve Motor Recovery Following StrokeMichael P Kilgard; Fiscal Year: 2013..To achieve our Specific Aim, we will carry out the following Task: Task 1: Using a rat model of middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAo), evaluate recovery of function of upper limb motor deficits in three groups of rats: ..
- Delayed cognitive impairment after strokeMarion S Buckwalter; Fiscal Year: 2013..In our model mice undergo DH stroke as a result of distal middle cerebral artery occlusion followed by hypoxia. This confers a primarily cortical infarct...
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert A Knight; Fiscal Year: 2010..Two rat middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion models, intraluminal filament and embolic, will be used...
- Hypothermia in Acute Stroke with Thrombolysis Imaging Evaluation of RevascularizaDAVID SIGMUND LIEBESKIND; Fiscal Year: 2013..This prospective, ancillary study of 120 ICTuS 2 subjects with middle cerebral artery stroke over 2 years uses an innovative imaging approach with multimodal CT/MRI to seamlessly evaluate ..
- Balanced, polyvalent antiglutamatergic action as a novel approach to efficacious Anatoly Martynyuk; Fiscal Year: 2009..properties of 3, 5-DBr-D-Tyr will be studied in vivo using a rat model of stroke caused by transient middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)...
- ICE FAMILY AND NEURONAL CELL DEATHJunying Yuan; Fiscal Year: 1999..A mouse model of stroke, middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion, was used to examine the resistance of ischemia injury offered by the mutant ICE...
- Stem Cells and Ischemic Brain InjuryWalter Low; Fiscal Year: 2003..The middle cerebral artery will be occluded unilaterally by ligation distal to the branching striatal vessels...
- APOLIPOPROTEIN E AND THE ISCHEMIC BRAINDavid Warner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using a recovery model of temporary middle cerebral artery occlusion, this research will examine mice deficient for Apo E and genetically engineered mice carrying ..
- CHORIOAMNIONITIS--CYTOKINES ALTER PERINATAL HEMODYNAMICSTOBY YANOWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2003..whether premature infants born to mothers with chorioamnionitis have 1) decreased cardiac function and middle cerebral artery Doppler blood flow velocity in-utero and after birth; 2) altered cerebral oxygen availability as measured ..
- CENTER FOR CNS INJURY STUDIESMitchell Chesler; Fiscal Year: 2000..Extracellular Asc will be measured in hypoxic brain slices and in ischemic cerebral cortex after middle cerebral artery occlusion. Intracellular Asc will be estimated from extracellular volumes and total tissue levels...
- Brain Vasodilator Responses in Healthy and Cognitively Impaired HumansJILL NICOLE BARNES; Fiscal Year: 2012..peripheral vasodilator responses are blunted in MCI patients by comparing CO2-mediated vasodilation in the middle cerebral artery (MCA) and the forearm blood flow response to reactive hyperemia in 3 groups: 1) young healthy adults;2) ..