Genomes and Genes
middle cerebral artery
Summary: The largest and most complex of the cerebral arteries. Branches of the middle cerebral artery supply the insular region, motor and premotor areas, and large regions of the association cortex.
Publications306 found, 100 shown here
- Dynamic cerebral autoregulation in acute lacunar and middle cerebral artery territory ischemic strokeRogier V Immink
Cardiovascular Research Institute Amsterdam, Department of Physiology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Stroke 36:2595-600. 2005We addressed whether dynamic cerebral autoregulation (dCA) is affected in middle cerebral artery (MCA) territory (MCAS) and lacunar ischemic stroke (LS).
- Long-term prognosis of symptomatic isolated middle cerebral artery disease in Korean stroke patientsMi Sun Oh
Department of Neurology, Hallym University Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University College of Medicine, Anyang, South Korea
BMC Neurol 11:138. 2011This study aimed to investigate the long-term mortality and recurrence rate of stroke in first-time stroke patients with symptomatic isolated middle cerebral artery disease (MCAD) under medical management.
- Early-stage investigations of ultrasmall superparamagnetic iron oxide-induced signal change after permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion in miceVirginie Desestret
Universite Lyon, Lyon, France
Stroke 40:1834-41. 2009..Here, we compared MR signal changes after intravenous USPIO injection with the histological iron and macrophage distribution during the first 24 hours in a rodent model of acute stroke...
- Superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery bypass in acute ischemic stroke and stroke in progressGyojun Hwang
Department of Neurosurgery, Chuncheon Sacred Heart Hospital, Hallym University and Postgraduate School, Gangwon University, Chuncheon, Korea
Neurosurgery 68:723-9; discussion 729-30. 2011..Surgical reperfusion may be beneficial in patients with acute ischemic stroke who are ineligible for thrombolysis...
- Characterizing photothrombotic distal middle cerebral artery occlusion and YAG laser-induced reperfusion model in the Izumo strain of spontaneously hypertensive ratsHiroshi Yao
National Hospital Organization Hizen Psychiatric Center, Saga, Japan
Cell Mol Neurobiol 31:57-63. 2011..A total of 166 male SHR/Izm and 17 male SHRSP/Izm were subjected to photothrombotic middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion with or without YAG laser-induced reperfusion. The pattern of distal MCA was recorded...
- Lesion patterns and stroke mechanisms in concurrent atherosclerosis of intracranial and extracranial vesselsBik Ling Man
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine and Geriatrics, Tuen Mun Hospital, Hong Kong, China
Stroke 40:3211-5. 2009..The typical lesion patterns and the mechanisms of stroke in patients with concurrent stenoses are unclear. This study aimed to determine these stroke features of such patients in Hong Kong...
- Protective effect of resveratrol against oxidative stress in middle cerebral artery occlusion model of stroke in ratsKusum Sinha
Neuropharmacology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, 110029, New Delhi, India
Life Sci 71:655-65. 2002..study the effect of chronic treatment of trans resveratrol was evaluated in focal ischemia induced by middle cerebral artery [MCA] occlusion in rats. Male Wistar rats were pretreated with trans resveratrol 20 mg/kg i.p...
- Expression of transforming growth factor-beta1, 2, 3 isoforms and type I and II receptors in acute focal cerebral ischemia: an immunohistochemical study in rat after transient and permanent occlusion of middle cerebral arteryK A Ata
Department of Genetics and Pathology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Neuropathol 97:447-55. 1999..type I and II in a rat model of focal brain ischemia induced by transient or permanent occlusion of the middle cerebral artery. Our findings indicate that at days 1 and 3 following such transient and permanent ischemia there is an up-..
- Randomized controlled study comparing effect of magnesium sulfate with placebo on fetal umbilical artery and middle cerebral artery blood flow in mild preeclampsia at ≥ 34 weeks gestational ageSubhankar Dasgupta
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Bankura Sammilani Medical College, Bankura, India
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 38:763-71. 2012..of this study was to evaluate whether prophylactic magnesium sulfate given in women with mild preeclampsia or gestational hypertension brings any significant change in umbilical artery and fetal middle cerebral artery pulsatility index.
- Pannexin protein expression in the rat middle cerebral arteryAlan R Burns
College of Optometry, University of Houston, Houston, Tex, USA
J Vasc Res 49:101-10. 2012..Pannexins are a recently discovered family of proteins that could potentially be involved in cell-to-cell communication. Herein, we sought to determine whether pannexins are expressed in rat middle cerebral artery (MCA).
- Optimal brain perfusion CT coverage in patients with acute middle cerebral artery strokeA D Furtado
Department of Radiology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0628, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 31:691-5. 2010....
- Microneurosurgical management of middle cerebral artery bifurcation aneurysmsReza Dashti
Department of Neurosurgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, 00260 Helsinki, Finland
Surg Neurol 67:441-56. 2007..The purpose of this article is to review the practical anatomy, preoperative planning, and avoidance of complications in the microsurgical dissection and clipping of MbifAs...
- The influence of hyperoxia on regional cerebral blood flow (rCBF), regional cerebral blood volume (rCBV) and cerebral blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery (CBFVMCA) in human volunteersChristian Kolbitsch
Department of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care Medicine, University of Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria
Magn Reson Imaging 20:535-41. 2002..20 volunteers for transcranial Doppler sonography (TCD) measurement of cerebral blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery (CBFV(MCA)). When compared to normoxia (FiO2 = 0.21), hyperoxia heterogeneously influenced rCBV (4...
- Fenofibrate improves cerebral blood flow after middle cerebral artery occlusion in miceQingmin Guo
Department of Neurobiology, Neuroscience Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30310, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:70-8. 2010..Animals were treated for 7 days with fenofibrate and subjected to 2 h of filamentous middle cerebral artery occlusion and reperfusion under isoflurane anesthesia...
- Early recanalization rates and clinical outcomes in patients with tandem internal carotid artery/middle cerebral artery occlusion and isolated middle cerebral artery occlusionYo Sik Kim
Department of Neurology, Wonkwang University, School of Medicine, Iksan, South Korea
Stroke 36:869-71. 2005Patients with isolated middle cerebral artery (MCA) and tandem MCA/internal carotid artery (ICA) obstruction have similar presenting symptoms and stroke severity...
- Resection of the nerves bundle from the sphenopalatine ganglia tend to increase the infarction volume following middle cerebral artery occlusionSu Diansan
Department of Anesthesiology, Renji Hospital, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 1630 Dong Fang Road, 200127, Shanghai, China
Neurol Sci 31:431-5. 2010..the effects of resection of the nerves bundle from the SPG of rat on the brain lesions following middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO), and evaluated the roles of the nitric oxygen synthase (NOS) immunoreactive perivascular ..
- Temporary stenting and retrieval of the self-expandable, intracranial stent in acute middle cerebral artery occlusionSang Hyun Suh
Department of Radiology, Gangnam Severance Hospital, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 146 92 Dogok dong Gangnam gu, Seoul, 135 720, Republic of Korea
Neuroradiology 51:541-4. 2009..our experience in which a retrievable Enterprise stent was used as a temporary recanalization and embolectomy device in an acute middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion after urgent stenting for ipsilateral carotid artery stenosis.
- Wogonin inhibits ischemic brain injury in a rat model of permanent middle cerebral artery occlusionJungsook Cho
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Dongguk University, Gyeongju, Gyeongbuk, Korea
Biol Pharm Bull 27:1561-4. 2004..Focal brain ischemia was induced by the permanent occlusion of middle cerebral artery (pMCAO) for 24 h with a silicone rubber cylinder inserted through the right internal carotid artery...
- Optimal values of flow velocity on transcranial Doppler in grading middle cerebral artery stenosis in comparison with magnetic resonance angiographyShan Gao
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
J Neuroimaging 12:213-8. 2002To investigate the optimal values of flow velocity on transcranial Doppler (TCD) in grading the severity of middle cerebral artery (MCA) stenosis in comparison with magnetic resonance angiography (MRA).
- Development of a middle cerebral artery occlusion model in the nonhuman primate and a safety study of i.v. infusion of human mesenchymal stem cellsMasanori Sasaki
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e26577. 2011..The authors developed a surgical method for transient occlusion of the M1 branch of middle cerebral artery (MCA) in the African green monkey to evaluate safety aspects of intravenous infusion of mesenchymal stem ..
- 2,2,2-trichloroethanol activates a nonclassical potassium channel in cerebrovascular smooth muscle and dilates the middle cerebral arteryNikhil K Parelkar
Basic Medical Science Department, University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine, 2464 Charlotte St, HSB 2232, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 332:803-10. 2010..Stimulation of K(+) channels such as TRAAK in cerebral arteries may therefore explain in part how CH/TCE increases CBF...
- Formation and maturation of the native cerebral collateral circulationDan Chalothorn
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 49:251-9. 2010..These findings demonstrate that collaterals form late during vascular development and undergo postnatal maturation and that differences in genetic background have dramatic effects on these processes...
- Treatment of a middle cerebral artery bifurcation aneurysm using a double neuroform stent "Y" configuration and coil embolization: technical case reportSepehr Sani
Department of Neurosurgery, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Neurosurgery 57:E209; discussion E209. 2005..Despite this advancement, some parent vessel bifurcation aneurysms can still remain elusive to single stent and coiling technique...
- Role of estrogen in modulating EDHF-mediated dilations in the female rat middle cerebral arteryE M Golding
Department of Anesthesiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280:H2417-23. 2001..Our findings indicate that EDHF-mediated dilations are negligible in the female rat MCA; these dilations can be significantly enhanced after ovariectomy, suggesting that this effect is mediated by estrogen...
- Temporary neurologic deterioration due to cerebral hyperperfusion after superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery anastomosis in patients with adult-onset moyamoya diseaseMiki Fujimura
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Surg Neurol 67:273-82. 2007..Surgical revascularization for moyamoya disease prevents cerebral ischemic attacks by improving CBF, but little is known about the change in CBF and its effect on neurologic status during the acute stage after revascularization...
- Surgical strategies using cerebral revascularization in complex middle cerebral artery aneurysmsBo Ra Seo
Department of Neurosurgery, Chonnam National University Hospital and Medical School, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 111:670-5. 2009To describe surgical strategies using cerebral revascularization for complex middle cerebral artery aneurysms unsuitable to microsurgical clipping.
- Endovascular treatment of 174 middle cerebral artery aneurysms: clinical outcome and radiologic results at long-term follow-upJean François Vendrell
Department of Neuroradiology, University Hospital Center, Gui de Chauliac Hospital, 80 avenue Augustin Fliche, 34295 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Radiology 253:191-8. 2009To retrospectively evaluate the immediate safety and efficacy as well as the clinical outcome and long-term angiographic results of endovascular treatment (EVT) of middle cerebral artery (MCA) aneurysms.
- A novel rodent model of reperfusion injury following occlusion of the middle cerebral arteryBarry J Connell
Dept of Biomedical Sciences, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Ave, Charlottetown, PEI, Canada
J Neurosci Methods 190:28-33. 2010..In this model, blood flow through the middle cerebral artery (MCA) is temporarily occluded by placing gentle pressure on sutures behind the artery along three separate ..
- Cerebral lateralization and general intelligence: gender differences in a transcranial Doppler studyPhilip C Njemanze
Non invasive Neurocybernetic Flow Laboratory, International Institutes of Advanced Research and Training, Chidicon Medical Center, Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
Brain Lang 92:234-9. 2005..This implies that general intelligence is associated with neural systems within one hemisphere that are accessible to a variety of cognitive processes...
- Relationship between middle cerebral artery blood velocity and end-tidal PCO2 in the hypocapnic-hypercapnic range in humansKojiro Ide
Departments of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, Heritage Medical Research Bldg Rm 212, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Appl Physiol (1985) 95:129-37. 2003..We used transcranial Doppler ultrasound to determine middle cerebral artery peak blood velocity responses to 14 levels of PETCO2 in a range of 22 to 50 Torr with a constant end-tidal ..
- Differential effects of acute hypoxia and high altitude on cerebral blood flow velocity and dynamic cerebral autoregulation: alterations with hyperoxiaPhilip N Ainslie
Dept of Physiology, Univ of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Appl Physiol (1985) 104:490-8. 2008..and 3) hyperoxia at HA and would have more influence on blood pressure (BP) and less influence on middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (MCAv)...
- Gene expression profiling in the human middle cerebral artery after cerebral ischemiaP Vikman
Department of Experimental Vascular Research, Institution of Medicine, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Neurol 13:1324-32. 2006We have investigated the gene expression in human middle cerebral artery (MCA) after ischemia...
- Alterations in cerebral dynamics at high altitude following partial acclimatization in humans: wakefulness and sleepPhilip N Ainslie
Dept of Physiology, Univ of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
J Appl Physiol (1985) 102:658-64. 2007..We measured middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (MCAv; transcranial Doppler ultrasound) and arterial blood pressure during wakefulness ..
- Accumulation of calpain and caspase-3 proteolytic fragments of brain-derived alphaII-spectrin in cerebral spinal fluid after middle cerebral artery occlusion in ratsBrian R Pike
Department of Neuroscience, Center for Traumatic Brain Injury Studies, E F and W L McKnight Brain Institute of the University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 24:98-106. 2004..cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) of rodents subjected to 2 hours of transient focal cerebral ischemia produced by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) followed by reperfusion...
- Elective stenting for symptomatic middle cerebral artery stenosis presenting as transient ischaemic deficits or stroke attacks: short term arteriographical and clinical outcomeJ K Kim
Graduate School of Life Science and Biotechnology, Pundang CHA Hospital, College of Medicine, Pochon CHA University, 351 Yatapdong, Pundangku, Sungnam 463 712, Korea
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 75:847-51. 2004..Although stent assisted angioplasty is an effective treatment for coronary and peripheral arterial disease, its efficacy in intracranial arteriosclerotic disease has not been verified...
- Lesion patterns and stroke mechanism in atherosclerotic middle cerebral artery disease: early diffusion-weighted imaging studyDae K Lee
Department of Neurology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, Seoul 138 736, Korea
Stroke 36:2583-8. 2005Patterns and mechanisms of stroke in patients with atherosclerotic middle cerebral artery (MCA) disease remain unclear...
- Stroke recurrences in patients with symptomatic vs asymptomatic middle cerebral artery diseaseR Kern
Department of Neurology, Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Neurology 65:859-64. 2005Although the natural history of extracranial carotid artery disease has been investigated systematically, limited data are available on the course of middle cerebral artery (MCA) disease.
- Recanalization of an acute middle cerebral artery occlusion using a self-expanding, reconstrainable, intracranial microstent as a temporary endovascular bypassMichael E Kelly
Division of Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Cleveland Clinic, S80, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Stroke 39:1770-3. 2008Although self-expanding intracranial microstents have been used to treat acute middle cerebral artery (MCA) stroke, there are disadvantages associated with placing a permanent endovascular implant...
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage enhances endothelin receptor expression and function in rat cerebral arteriesJacob Hansen-Schwartz
Department of Internal Medicine, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Neurosurgery 52:1188-94; 1194-5. 2003..Inspired by organ culture-induced changes in the vascular endothelin (ET) receptor population, we investigated whether such changes occur in cerebral arteries in a rat subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH) model...
- SKCa and IKCa Channels, myogenic tone, and vasodilator responses in middle cerebral arteries and parenchymal arterioles: effect of ischemia and reperfusionMarilyn J Cipolla
Department of Neurology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Stroke 40:1451-7. 2009....
- NO synthase blockade induces chaotic cerebral vasomotion via activation of thromboxane receptorsZ Lacza
Department of Physiology, Ludwig-Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Stroke 32:2609-14. 2001..The vasomotion after blockade of the NO-cGMP pathway is mediated by activation of thromboxane receptors...
- Embryonic neural stem cells transplanted in middle cerebral artery occlusion model of rats demonstrated potent therapeutic effects, compared to adult neural stem cellsKazuya Takahashi
Department of Neurological Surgery, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama, 700 8558, Japan
Brain Res 1234:172-82. 2008..In this study, we explored the therapeutic effects of neural progenitor cells (NPC) upon middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model of rats with exploration of the differences between adult and embryonic NPCs in ..
- Effects of hypobaric hypoxia on cerebral autoregulationAndrew W Subudhi
Altitude Research Center, University of Colorado at Denver, School of Medicine, Denver, CO, USA
Stroke 41:641-6. 2010..This investigation evaluated relationship between CA and AMS over 9 hours of hypobaric hypoxia...
- Acute ischemic infarct in the middle cerebral artery territory following a Russell's viper biteSanjeev K Narang
Department of General Medicine, Mamata General Hospital, Mamata Medical College, Khammam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Neurol India 57:479-80. 2009..T2-weighted magnetic resonance imaging revealed infarct in the left middle cerebral artery territory...
- Comparison of silicon-coated nylon suture to plain nylon suture in the rat middle cerebral artery occlusion modelNorihito Shimamura
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Loma Linda University School of Medicine, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
J Neurosci Methods 156:161-5. 2006A variety of intraluminal sutures have been used in the middle cerebral artery occlusion model (MCAO) of focal ischemia...
- Outcome for middle cerebral artery aneurysm surgeryMichael K Morgan
Australian School of Advanced Medicine, Level 1, 3 Dow Corning, Innovation Rd, Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia
Neurosurgery 67:755-61; discussion 761. 2010To assess in depth the variables contributing to adverse surgical outcome for repair of unruptured middle cerebral artery aneurysms.
- Microglia and macrophages express tumor necrosis factor receptor p75 following middle cerebral artery occlusion in miceK L Lambertsen
Medical Biotechnology Center, Winsloewparken 25, University of Southern Denmark, Odense, DK 5000, Denmark
Neuroscience 144:934-49. 2007..of the TNF receptors, TNF-p55R and TNF-p75R, from 1 to 10 days following permanent occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in mice...
- Mechanisms of acute cerebral infarctions in patients with middle cerebral artery stenosis: a diffusion-weighted imaging and microemboli monitoring studyKa Sing Wong
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, SAR
Ann Neurol 52:74-81. 2002..most therapeutic efforts and experimental stroke models focus on the concept of complete occlusion of the middle cerebral artery as a result of embolism from the carotid artery or cardiac chamber, relatively little is known about the ..
- Probabilistic anatomic mapping of cerebral blood flow distribution of the middle cerebral arterySeong Jang Kim
Department of Nuclear Medicine, Pusan National University Hospital, Busan, Republic of Korea
J Nucl Med 49:39-43. 2008..They allow anatomic and functional labeling of the results of group studies in stereotactic space and, hence, the automated anatomic labeling of individual brain imaging data...
- Symptomatic hyperperfusion after superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery anastomosis in a child with moyamoya diseaseMiki Fujimura
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
Childs Nerv Syst 23:1195-8. 2007..Surgical revascularization for moyamoya disease prevents cerebral ischemic attacks by improving cerebral blood flow (CBF). It is undetermined, however, how rapid increase in CBF affects ischemic brain at acute stage, especially in children...
- Effects of caffeic acid phenethyl ester on cerebral cortex: structural changes resulting from middle cerebral artery ischemia reperfusionN Cengiz
Department of Histology, Faculty of Medicine Yuzuncu Yil, University Van, Turkey
Clin Neuropathol 26:80-4. 2007..The middle cerebral artery was occluded for 60 min with an intraluminal suture, followed by 24-h reperfusion...
- Focal hyperperfusion after superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery anastomosis in a patient with moyamoya disease. Case reportKazuhide Furuya
Department of Neurosurgery, University of Tokyo Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
J Neurosurg 100:128-32. 2004Superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery (STA-MCA) anastomosis is a standard surgical therapeutic option in patients with moyamoya disease...
- Middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity for the diagnosis of fetal anemia: the untold storyG Mari
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Wayne State University, Perinatology Research Branch, NICHD, NIH, DHHS, Detroit, MI, USA
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 25:323-30. 2005
- Fenestration of the middle cerebral artery detected by MR angiographyAkira Uchino
Department of Radiology, Saga Medical School, Nabeshima, Saga, Japan
Magn Reson Med Sci 5:51-5. 2006..We investigated the location and configuration of fenestration of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) detected by magnetic resonance (MR) angiography...
- Effect of permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion on Cytoglobin expression in the mouse brainZindy Raida
Department of Neuroscience and Pharmacology, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 424:274-8. 2012..Ten were sham operated and ten were given permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion (pMCAo). All animals were euthanized after 24h...
- Effects of intracerebroventricular galanin or a galanin receptor 2/3 agonist on the lesion induced by transient occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in female ratsLovisa Holm
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine Division of Clinical Chemistry, Linkoping University, Linkoping, Sweden
Neuropeptides 45:17-23. 2011..c.v.) in naïve female rats after a 60min transient and focal occlusion of the middle cerebral artery. The animals were sacrificed, and the ischemic lesion was visualized using 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium ..
- Progression of middle cerebral artery susceptibility sign on T2*-weighted images: its effect on recanalization and clinical outcome after thrombolysisHo Sung Kim
Department of Radiology, Division of Neuroradiology and Research Institute of Radiology, Asan Medical Center, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, Seoul 138 736, South Korea
AJR Am J Roentgenol 187:W650-7. 2006The middle cerebral artery (MCA) "susceptibility sign" on T2*-weighted imaging has been reported to indicate acute thrombotic occlusion...
- Surgical clipping as the preferred treatment for aneurysms of the middle cerebral arteryJ Marc C van Dijk
Department of Neurosurgery, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 153:2111-7. 2011..Despite the fact that in ISAT middle cerebral artery (MCA) aneurysms were clearly underrepresented, the study is often used as an argument to favor coiling ..
- Rapid identification of a major diffusion/perfusion mismatch in distal internal carotid artery or middle cerebral artery ischemic strokeReza Hakimelahi
Neuroradiology Division, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
BMC Neurol 12:132. 2012..the hypothesis that in patients with occlusion of the terminal internal carotid artery and/or the proximal middle cerebral artery, a diffusion abnormality of 70 ml or less is accompanied by a diffusion/perfusion mismatch of at least 100%...
- Atherosclerosis of middle cerebral artery: evaluation with high-resolution MR imaging at 3TMing li Li
Department of Radiology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital and Chinese Academy of Medical Science, Shuai Fu Yuan 1, Dong Cheng District, Beijing 100730, China
Atherosclerosis 204:447-52. 2009..The aim of this study was to assess whether high resolution cross sectional magnetic resonance imaging (HRMRI) could compensate the limitation of 3D TOF MRA in the atherosclerotic disease of middle cerebral artery (MCA).
- Superficial temporal artery-middle cerebral artery bypass surgery in a pediatric giant intracranial aneurysm presenting as migraine-like episodesH S Goedee
Department of Neurology, Elisabeth Hospital Tilburg, Tilburg, The Netherlands
Childs Nerv Syst 25:257-61. 2009..Aneurysms of the intracranial arteries in the pediatric population are reportedly rare. There is a male predominance, association with connective tissue disorders, as well as bacterial, mycotic infections, and trauma...
- Biofeedback-assisted relaxation in migraine headache: relationship to cerebral blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral arterySachinder Vasudeva
Departments of Psychiatry, Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, Spain
Headache 43:245-50. 2003..Background.-The relationship between cerebral blood flow velocity and treatment response to biofeedback/relaxation in migraine with and without aura is uncertain...
- Blocking pterygopalatine arterial blood flow decreases infarct volume variability in a mouse model of intraluminal suture middle cerebral artery occlusionYili Chen
Department of Neurosurgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Neurosci Methods 174:18-24. 2008The mouse model of intraluminal suture middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) is still associated with several issues, such as variability of infarction volume and survival. Thus, the method is far from standardization...
- Pure vasogenic edema caused by cerebral hyperperfusion after superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery anastomosis--case reportJouji Kokuzawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Asahi University Murakami Memorial Hospital, Gifu, Japan
Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo) 50:250-3. 2010..as transient aphasia and general tonic convulsions 3 and 4 days after superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery (STA-MCA) anastomosis...
- Middle cerebral artery peak systolic and ductus venosus velocity waveforms in the hydropic fetusErich Cosmi
Department of Gynecological Science and Reproductive Medicine, University of Padua School of Medicine, Via Giustiniani 3, 35100 Padua, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 24:209-13. 2005The purpose of this study was to assess whether Doppler assessment of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) peak systolic velocity (PSV) and ductus venosus (DV) velocity waveforms during sonography of hydropic fetuses may specify the cause of ..
- Transient middle cerebral artery occlusion in rats as an experimental model of brain ischemiaRenato Luis Calloni
Department of Clinical Surgery, UCS, Caxias do Sul, Brazil
Acta Cir Bras 25:428-33. 2010To assess a rat model of cerebral ischemia induced by occlusion of the middle cerebral artery and its effect on the area of cerebral infarction.
- Effect of early and delayed recanalization on infarct pattern in proximal middle cerebral artery occlusionMarek Humpich
Department of Neurology, J W Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Cerebrovasc Dis 22:51-6. 2006To investigate the effect of early (<6 h) versus delayed (>6 h) recanalization on infarct pattern in acute middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion.
- Third trimester fetal heart rate and Doppler middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity characteristics during prenatal selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor exposureDan Rurak
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pediatr Res 70:96-101. 2011..Fetal middle cerebral artery (MCA) flow parameters and heart rate characteristics were obtained during pre-SSRI dose morning and ..
- Accuracy of perfusion-CT in predicting malignant middle cerebral artery brain infarctionR Dittrich
Dept of Neurology, University Hospital of Muenster, Albert Schweitzer Strasse 33, 48129 Muenster, Germany
J Neurol 255:896-902. 2008We performed a prospective study on patients with middle cerebral artery(MCA) ischemic stroke to evaluate the accuracy of perfusion-CT imaging(PCT) to predict the development of malignant brain infarction (MBI).
- Minimally invasive superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery bypass through a minicraniotomy: benefit of three-dimensional virtual reality planning using magnetic resonance angiographyGerrit Fischer
Neurochirurgische Klinik und Poliklinik, Universitaetsmedizin, Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet, Mainz, Germany
Neurosurg Focus 26:E20. 2009The aim of the authors in this study was to introduce a minimally invasive superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery (STA-MCA) bypass surgery by the preselection of appropriate donor and recipient branches in a 3D virtual ..
- Tandem internal carotid artery/middle cerebral artery occlusion: an independent predictor of poor outcome after systemic thrombolysisMarta Rubiera
Brain Hemodynamics Lab, Stroke Unit, Department of Neurology, Hospital Vall d Hebron, Passeig Vall d Hebron 119 129, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
Stroke 37:2301-5. 2006Although tandem internal carotid artery/middle cerebral artery (MCA; TIM) occlusion has been associated with low recanalization rate after IV tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), its independent contribution on stroke outcome remains ..
- Effects of anti-intercellular adhesion molecule-1 antibody on reperfusion injury induced by late reperfusion in the rat middle cerebral artery occlusion modelYukihide Kanemoto
Department of Neurosurgery, Nara Medical University, Kashihara City, Japan
Neurosurgery 51:1034-41; discussion 1041-2. 2002..The aim of the present study was to assess the effects of an anti-ICAM-1 antibody on reperfusion-induced injury after late reperfusion in a rat middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) suture model.
- Middle cerebral artery Doppler in fetuses with transposition of the great arteriesJ M Jouannic
Maternité, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, AP HP Université Paris V, Paris
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 20:122-4. 2002..The aim of this study was to compare Doppler blood flow velocity waveforms in fetuses with transposition of the great arteries with those in healthy fetuses...
- Regulation of middle cerebral artery blood velocity during dynamic exercise in humans: influence of agingJames P Fisher
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 105:266-73. 2008..Therefore, to address this question, middle cerebral artery blood velocity (MCAV), mean arterial pressure (MAP), and the partial pressure of arterial carbon dioxide (..
- Proximal superficial temporal artery to proximal middle cerebral artery bypass using a radial artery graft: an anatomic approachMustafa Buyukmumcu
Department of Anatomy, Meram Faculty of Medicine, Selcuk University, 42080, Konya, Turkey
Neurosurg Rev 27:185-8. 2004..the use of radial artery graft for bypass of the proximal superficial temporal artery to the proximal middle cerebral artery. Six adult cadaver sites were used bilaterally...
- Autoregulation in the posterior circulation is altered by the metabolic state of the visual cortexKazuma Nakagawa
Department of Neurology, Stroke Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Stroke 40:2062-7. 2009..that dynamic autoregulation in the posterior cerebral artery (PCA) is less efficient compared to the middle cerebral artery (MCA)...
- Permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion in sheep: a novel large animal model of focal cerebral ischemiaJohannes Boltze
Fraunhofer Institute of Cell Therapy and Immunology, Leipzig, Germany
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:1951-64. 2008..In this study, we are introducing a simple, but reliable stroke model using permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion in sheep...
- The Emperor has no clothes: velocity, flow, and the use of TCDCole A Giller
J Neuroimaging 13:97-8. 2003
- Differential responses to CO2 and sympathetic stimulation in the cerebral and femoral circulations in humansPhilip N Ainslie
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
J Physiol 566:613-24. 2005..1 +/- 3.7 (mean +/- S.D.) years), we measured flow velocity (VP; transcranial Doppler ultrasound) in the middle cerebral artery during euoxic isocapnia (ISO, +1 mmHg above rest) and two levels of euoxic hypercapnia (HC5, end-tidal P(..
- Middle cerebral artery flow velocity and pulse pressure during dynamic exercise in humansShigehiko Ogoh
Dept of Integrative Physiology, University of North Texas Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76107, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H1526-31. 2005..and mean (V(m)) middle cerebral artery (MCA) blood flow velocity during mild, moderate, and heavy cycling exercise...
- Infarct patterns in atherosclerotic middle cerebral artery versus internal carotid artery diseaseP H Lee
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, Ajou University, Suwon, Korea
Neurology 62:1291-6. 2004To compare clinical and radiologic characteristics of atherosclerotic middle cerebral artery (MCA) vs internal carotid artery (ICA) disease.
- Cerebral vasoreactivity in Andeans and headache at sea levelO Appenzeller
NMHEMC Research Foundation, Otto Appenzeller, 361, Big Horn Ridge Drive NE, Albuquerque, NM 87122 1424, USA
J Neurol Sci 219:101-6. 2004..of isosorbite dinitrate (IDN), a nitric oxide (NO) donor, using transcranial Doppler ultrasound in the middle cerebral artery (MCA) in natives of CP, some of whom suffered from CMS...
- WISE-2005: reduced cerebral blood flow velocity with nitroglycerin--comparison with common carotid artery blood flowK A Zuj
Cardiorespiratory and Vascular Dynamics Lab, Univ Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
J Gravit Physiol 14:P65-6. 2007..2%). To determine if the reduction in CBV was the result of reduced cerebral blood flow or dilation of the middle cerebral artery (MCA), the change in CBV in the MCA was compared with changes in quantitative flow measured in the common ..
- Correlation between blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery and EEG during cognitive effortImre Szirmai
Department of Neurology, Semmelweis University Budapest, 1083 Budapest, Balassa u 6 Hungary
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 24:33-40. 2005Cognitive effort modifies blood flow velocity (BFV) in the middle cerebral artery (MCA) which can be recorded by transcranial Doppler sonography (TCD). EEG parameters can be used as indicators of cortical activation...
- Superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery bypassDavid W Newell
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of Washington School of Medicine, Harborview Medical Center, Seattle, 98104, USA
Neurosurgery 54:1441-8; discussion 1448-9. 2004The superficial temporal artery to middle cerebral artery bypass is an elegant procedure that was developed and first performed by M. Gazi Yaşargil...
- Morphometric and volumetric analysis of the middle cerebral artery in human fetusesJerzy Gielecki
Department of Anatomy, Medical Faculty of the University of Warmia and Masuria, Olsztyn, Poland
Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars) 69:129-37. 2009The morphometrical and volumetrical changes of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) during the fetal period of development were analyzed by digital-image analysis system (DIAS)...
- Cardiorespiratory and cerebrovascular responses to hyperoxic and hypoxic rebreathing: effects of acclimatization to high altitudePhilip N Ainslie
Department of Physiology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 161:201-9. 2008..We measured ventilation, middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity (MCAv) and arterial blood pressure in conditions of eucapnia, hypocapnia (voluntary ..
- Sonothrombolysis with transcranial color-coded sonography and recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator in acute middle cerebral artery main stem occlusion: results from a randomized studyJürgen Eggers
Department of Neurology, Asklepios Hospital Hamburg North, Tangstedter Landstrasse 400, D 22417 Hamburg, Germany
Stroke 39:1470-5. 2008..Sonothrombolysis is a new treatment approach in acute ischemic stroke. The results of a monocenter, randomized clinical study are presented...
- An intracranial pseudoaneurysm in the distal middle cerebral artery in a childMasaru Honda
Department of Neurosurgery, Okinawa Nanbu Medical Center and Children s Medical Center, Haebaru, Japan
Pediatr Neurosurg 44:426-9. 2008..We here describe a patient with a large pseudoaneurysm arising in the distal middle cerebral artery. A 10-year-old boy experienced a sudden onset of headache, nausea, and vomiting followed by loss of ..
- Pattern of cortex and white matter involvement in severe middle cerebral artery ischemiaMaria Cornelia Stoeckel
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Dusseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Neuroimaging 17:131-40. 2007In middle cerebral artery (MCA) stroke, ischemia usually is unevenly distributed within the MCA territory. We sought to investigate which brain structures are critical for the acute neurological deficit in severe MCA stroke.
- [Large kissing aneurysms of the middle cerebral artery: a case report--classification of kissing aneurysms]Katsumi Harada
Department of Neurosurgery, Shuto General Hospital, Yanai, Yamaguchi, Japan
No Shinkei Geka 32:513-7. 2004We report a rare case of kissing aneurysms located at the middle cerebral artery. A 69-year-old man had a severe subarachnoid hemorrhage associated with intracerebral hematoma (Hunt and Hess grade 5, WFNS grade V)...
- Middle cerebral artery plaque imaging using 3-Tesla high-resolution MRIKuniyasu Niizuma
Department of Neurosurgery, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 1 Seiryo machi, Sendai 980 8574, Japan
J Clin Neurosci 15:1137-41. 2008Diagnosis of deep subcortical infarcts based on atherosclerosis of the middle cerebral artery (MCA) is important because this type of infarct is usually more aggressive than typical lacunar infarcts...
- Angle correction can be used to measure peak systolic velocity in the fetal middle cerebral arteryMichael S Ruma
Perinatal Associates of New Mexico, Ltd, Albuquerque, NM, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 200:397.e1-3. 2009The objective of the study was to compare Doppler ultrasound measurements of the fetal middle cerebral artery peak systolic velocity (MCA-PSV) obtained at a 0 degrees angle of insonation to assessment at 30 degrees and 30 degrees with ..
- Measurements of the middle cerebral artery in digital subtraction angiography and MR angiographyEugeniusz Tarasow
Department of Radiology, Medical University in Białystok, Białystok, Poland
Med Sci Monit 13:65-72. 2007The middle cerebral artery (MCA) has an individually varied anatomical type and course. Age and sex variability of MCA have not been completely defined...
- Influence of indomethacin on ventilatory and cerebrovascular responsiveness to CO2 and breathing stability: the influence of PCO2 gradientsJui Lin Fan
Department of Physiology, Otago School of Medical Science, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R1648-58. 2010..We measured arterial blood gases, ventilation (VE), and middle cerebral artery velocity (MCAv) before and 90 min following INDO ingestion (100 mg) or placebo in 12 healthy participants...
- Imaging of brain hypoxia in permanent and temporary middle cerebral artery occlusion in the rat using 18F-fluoromisonidazole and positron emission tomography: a pilot studyMasashi Takasawa
Stroke Research Group, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 27:679-89. 2007..In the only validation study of 18F-FMISO, using ex vivo autoradiography in thread middle cerebral artery occluded (MCAo) rats, there was unexpected high uptake as late as 22 h after reperfusion, raising ..
- Progression of middle cerebral artery occlusive disease and its relationship with further vascular events after strokeKa Sing Wong
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong, SAR
Stroke 33:532-6. 2002Serial changes of flow velocities of transcranial Doppler ultrasound (TCD) in symptomatic middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusive disease may be related to the occurrence of further vascular events, but prospective data are lacking.
- The tandem bypass: subclavian artery-to-middle cerebral artery bypass with dacron and saphenous vein grafts. Technical case reportK I Auguste
Department of Neurological Surgery, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, California 94143-0112, USA
Surg Neurol 56:164-9. 2001..The final construct was a subclavian artery-to-middle cerebral artery bypass, with the graft being the previous Dacron prosthesis and a long saphenous vein...
- Effects of 0.6 mg/kg intravenous alteplase on vascular and clinical outcomes in middle cerebral artery occlusion: Japan Alteplase Clinical Trial II (J-ACT II)Etsuro Mori
Department of Behavioral Neurology and Cognitive Neuroscience, Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 1 Seiryo machi, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Stroke 41:461-5. 2010..6 mg/kg intravenous alteplase on vascular and clinical outcomes in patients with middle cerebral artery occlusion in a postmarketing Phase IV trial of prospective cohort study design.
- Neuroimaging and histopathological evaluation of delayed neurological damage produced by artificial occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in Cynomolgus monkeys: establishment of a monkey model for delayed cerebral ischemiaYasuhiko Hirouchi
Biolabo Laboratory Co Ltd, Nagasaki, Japan
Exp Toxicol Pathol 59:9-16. 2007..the brain was conducted on lesions produced 6h and 1, 2, 4 and 8 weeks after unilateral (left) permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion (pMCO) on five monkeys...
- Doppler study of middle cerebral artery blood flow velocity and cerebral autoregulation during a simulated ascent of Mount EverestA Ter Minassian
Departement d Anesthesie Reanimation, CHU d Angers, France
Wilderness Environ Med 12:175-83. 2001..To explore cerebral hemodynamics in 8 healthy volunteers in a hypobaric chamber up to the altitude of Mount Everest after a progressive stepwise decompression to 8,848 m...
- REGULATION OF BRAIN THROMBOSIS IN STROKE MODELSBerislav Zlokovic; Fiscal Year: 2003..initially developed a mouse stroke model with fibrin-rich microvascular deposits and obstructions due to middle cerebral artery occlusion/reperfusion or thrombin-induced thromboembolism...
- Mechanisms of Endothelial Cell HyperpolarizationSEAN MARRELLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..RT-PCR and immunohistochemistry), measure [Ca2+]i and Ca2+ influx in response to ATP in freshly isolated middle cerebral artery (MCA) ECs and in the ECs of pressurized MCA (Fura 2 dye), and demonstrate the role of the identified TRP ..
- Deregulated lipid metabolism in strokeRAO M ADIBHATLA; Fiscal Year: 2010..p21 and p27 through ceramide accumulation, and (c) attenuated Rb phosphorylation after transient middle cerebral artery occlusion (tMCAO) in rat. Our studies strongly support SMS inhibition by D609 leading to cell cycle arrest...
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert A Knight; Fiscal Year: 2010..Two rat middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion models, intraluminal filament and embolic, will be used...
- MRI of Acute Vascular Injury and Hemorrhagic Transformation in Ischemic StrokeRobert Knight; Fiscal Year: 2009..Two rat middle cerebral artery (MCA) occlusion models, intraluminal filament and embolic, will be used...
- BLOOD-BRAIN BARRIER TRANSPORT AND ISCHEMIC BRAIN INJURYRichard Keep; Fiscal Year: 2002..and p-[3H] aminohippuric acid (PAH, an organic acid transporter substrate) will be determined following middle cerebral artery occlusion in rat and mouse (Specific Aim 1)...
- Matrix Metalloproteinases and the Blood-Brain BarrierGARY ALLEN ROSENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..TIMP-3) induces apoptosis in neurons and oligodendrocytes (OL) in focal ischemia induced by middle cerebral artery occlusion. This suggested that MMPs and TIMP-3 might be important in global ischemia from BCAO...
- Transcranial Sonothrombolysis with Diagnostic UltrasoundThilo Hoelscher; Fiscal Year: 2010..will help us study these effects and their impact on thrombolysis in vivo in a system that resembles the middle cerebral artery. More important, it will allow us to asses macro- and microvascular recanalization...
- Transcranial Sonothrombolysis with Diagnostic UltrasoundThilo Hoelscher; Fiscal Year: 2009..will help us study these effects and their impact on thrombolysis in vivo in a system that resembles the middle cerebral artery. More important, it will allow us to asses macro- and microvascular recanalization...
- Interaction of Estrogen and Tissue Plasminogen ActivatorShaohua Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009..that 17-estradiol extends the therapeutic window of rtPA upon pretreatment in female rats in an embolic middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model...
- Interaction of Estrogen and Tissue Plasminogen ActivatorShaohua Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..that 17-estradiol extends the therapeutic window of rtPA upon pretreatment in female rats in an embolic middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) model...
- Heat Shock Protein Therapeutics for StrokeFRANK R contact SHARP; Fiscal Year: 2010..neurons and glia in vitro;(b) FvHsp70 decreases infarct volumes and improves behavioral outcomes following middle cerebral artery occlusions (MCAO) in vivo;(c) and pro-inflammatory and pro-apoptotic genes induced in blood leukocytes ..
- Vascular Cognitive Impairment Induced by Ischemic Stroke: mechanism and therapyShaohua Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..on long-term sensorimotor functions, cognitive functions, and anxiety-related behavior in a transient middle cerebral artery occlusion model in rats. Specific Aim 2...
- Middle Cerebral and Common Artery Occlusion and Poststroke EpilepsyKevin Kelly; Fiscal Year: 2007..Recent pilot studies in our laboratory indicate that transient (3 hr) unilateral (left-sided) middle cerebral artery (MCA) and common carotid artery (CCA) occlusion (MCA/CCAO) results in poststroke epilepsy less frequently ..
- Mechanisms of Hyperbaric Oxygen Induced Brain ProtectionJohn H Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..of hyperbaric oxygen induced preconditioning (HBO-PC) in a focal cerebral ischemic model produced by Middle Cerebral Artery Occlusion (MCAO)...
- Treatment of stroke with a clinically approved proteasome inhibitorLi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010Occlusion of the middle cerebral artery elicits a progressive vascular dysfunction, which contributes to the evolution of brain injury...
- Stem Cells and Ischemic Brain InjuryWalter Low; Fiscal Year: 2003..The middle cerebral artery will be occluded unilaterally by ligation distal to the branching striatal vessels...
- INFLAMMATORY AND THROMBOTIC CELL INTERACTIONS IN STROKELeslie Ritter; Fiscal Year: 2000..Aim 1 will be accomplished in an animal model of middle cerebral artery occlusion by directly observing leukocyte-platelet interactions in the microcirculation of the reperfused ..
- NMDA ANTAGONISTS IN THE TREATMENT OF STROKEGary Steinberg; Fiscal Year: 1993..rabbits by transorbital, clip occlusion of the internal carotid artery, anterior cerebral artery and middle cerebral artery. The degree of cerebral ischemia will be determined using electrophysiological (somatosensory evoked ..
- MECHANISMS OF MOTOR RECOVERY AFTER SUBTOTAL BRAIN INJURYRobert J Morecraft; Fiscal Year: 2010..part of the motor cortex that is typically involved in the most common form of human stroke, namely middle cerebral artery infarction...
- APOLIPOPROTEIN E AND THE ISCHEMIC BRAINDavid Warner; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using a recovery model of temporary middle cerebral artery occlusion, this research will examine mice deficient for Apo E and genetically engineered mice carrying ..
- Neurovascular Adhesion Receptors and Barrier IntegrityGregory Del Zoppo; Fiscal Year: 2007..the basal lamina are a major determinant of the blood-brain barrier phenotype, ii) that focal ischemia by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO) disrupts receptor-matrix interactions, and iii) that interruptions of the receptor-matrix ..
- A NEW STRATEGY FOR PROTECTION FROM CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAYing Xia; Fiscal Year: 2010..The most striking finding is that EA remarkably reduces brain infarction due to the occlusion of middle cerebral artery, which is dependent on the EA-triggered cellular/molecular events in the brain...
- Neonatal Brain Ischemia: Neuroimaging as a Basis For Rational Stem Cell TherapyStephen Ashwal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our goal is to use advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in a standard rat pup model of unilateral middle cerebral artery occlusion with hypoxia (Rice- Vannucci, RVM) to: (1) monitor non-invasively (as might be done clinically) ..
- A NEW STRATEGY FOR PROTECTION FROM CEREBRAL ISCHEMIAYing Xia; Fiscal Year: 2009..The most striking finding is that EA remarkably reduces brain infarction due to the occlusion of middle cerebral artery, which is dependent on the EA-triggered cellular/molecular events in the brain...
- Neonatal Brain Ischemia: Neuroimaging as a Basis For Rational Stem Cell TherapyStephen Ashwal; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our goal is to use advanced magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in a standard rat pup model of unilateral middle cerebral artery occlusion with hypoxia (Rice- Vannucci, RVM) to: (1) monitor non-invasively (as might be done clinically) ..
- Neurovascular Adhesion Receptors and Barrier IntegrityGregory Del Zoppo; Fiscal Year: 2009..the basal lamina are a major determinant of the blood-brain barrier phenotype, ii) that focal ischemia by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCA:O) disrupts receptor-matrix interactions, and iii) that interruptions of the receptor-..
- Impacting Oxidative Stress and Cell Injury through Novel Pathways of the Wnt GeneKenneth Maiese; Fiscal Year: 2009..2-catenin, SIRT1, and caspase activity to foster cytoprotection in animal models of oxidative stress with middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)/reperfusion...
- Neurovascular Adhesion Receptors and Barrier IntegrityGregory J del Zoppo; Fiscal Year: 2010..the basal lamina are a major determinant of the blood-brain barrier phenotype, ii) that focal ischemia by middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCA:O) disrupts receptor-matrix interactions, and iii) that interruptions of the receptor-..
- Continuous Cerebral Autoregulation Monitoring to Reduce Brain Injury from CardiacOLA ARVID SELNES; Fiscal Year: 2010..software that continuously compares the relation between arterial blood pressure and CBF velocity of the middle cerebral artery measured with transcranial Doppler and with cerebral oximetry measured with near infrared spectroscopy...
- Osmotherapy in Acute Ischemic StrokeAnish Bhardwaj; Fiscal Year: 2006..most efficacious treatment paradigm with HS for cerebral edema following transient as well as permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)...
- Osmotherapy in Acute Ischemic StrokeAnish Bhardwaj; Fiscal Year: 2007..most efficacious treatment paradigm with HS for cerebral edema following transient as well as permanent middle cerebral artery occlusion (MCAO)...
- Estrogen and Immunoprotection in Experimental StrokePatricia Hurn; Fiscal Year: 2009..peripheral immune dysfunction occurs in tandem with cerebral inflammation after focal cerebral ischemia (middle cerebral artery occlusion or MCAO) in the young adult and middle aged, reproductively senescent (RS) female mouse...