Genomes and Genes
Summary: The external junctural region between the lower part of the abdomen and the thigh.
Publications275 found, 100 shown here
- Cessation of groin injecting behaviour among patients on oral opioid substitution treatmentRichard Senbanjo
Community Drug Services, KCA, Faversham, Kent, UK
Addiction 106:376-82. 2011To identify factors that might influence cessation of groin injecting (GI) among patients receiving oral opioid substitution treatment (OST).
- Elective groin irradiation is not indicated for patients with adenocarcinoma of the rectum extending to the anal canalN Taylor
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 51:741-7. 2001..Two patients underwent successful salvage. Only 1 died of uncontrolled groin disease...
- Efficacy of three topical hemostatic agents applied by medics in a lethal groin injury modelVance Y Sohn
Department of Surgery and the Andersen Simulation Center, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Washington 98431, USA
J Surg Res 154:258-61. 2009..We sought to determine the efficacy of three chitosan based hemostatic agents in a lethal groin injury model when applied by combat medic first responders.
- Dorsal root ganglion neurones with dichotomising afferent fibres to both the lumbar disc and the groin skin. A possible neuronal mechanism underlying referred groin pain in lower lumbar disc diseasesH Sameda
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, Chiba University, Japan
J Bone Joint Surg Br 85:600-3. 2003..Clinically, patients with lesions in the lower lumbar discs occasionally complain of pain in the groin. We investigated the existence of dichotomising afferent neurones projecting axons both to the lumbar disc and to ..
- Sentinel node dissection is safe in the treatment of early-stage vulvar cancerAte G J van der Zee
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Medical Center Groningen, PO Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
J Clin Oncol 26:884-9. 2008..To investigate the safety and clinical utility of the sentinel node procedure in early-stage vulvar cancer patients...
- Hidradenitis suppurativa of the groin treated by radical excision and defect closure by medial thigh lift: aesthetic surgery meets reconstructive surgeryUlrich M Rieger
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery, University Hospital of Basel, Spitalstrasse 21, 4031 Basel, Switzerland
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 62:1355-60. 2009Hidradenitis suppurativa of the groin is a chronic, relapsing inflammatory disease of the skin and subcutaneous tissues. Radical surgical excision is the treatment of choice...
- Predictors for outcome after vacuum assisted closure therapy of peri-vascular surgical site infections in the groinS Svensson
Vascular Centre, Malmo University Hospital, Sweden
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 36:84-9. 2008To assess outcomes (wound healing, amputation and mortality) after vacuum assisted closure (VAC) therapy of peri-vascular surgical site infections in the groin after arterial surgery.
- Lymph node ratio provides prognostic information in addition to american joint committee on cancer N stage in patients with melanoma, even if quality of surgery is standardizedAndrew J Spillane
Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Ann Surg 253:109-15. 2011....
- The role of radiation therapy in preventing regional recurrences of invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the vulvaAngela Katz
Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 57:409-18. 2003..To evaluate treatment of the inguinal nodes for patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the vulva...
- Superficial inguinal and radical ilioinguinal lymph node dissection in patients with palpable melanoma metastases to the groin--an analysis of survival and local recurrenceL Kretschmer
Acta Oncol 40:72-8. 2001..improves survival and/or local tumour control after the appearance of palpable melanoma metastases to the groin. We retrospectively analysed the data of 104 patients with 69 ilioinguinal and 35 superficial inguinal dissections ..
- Sonography of various cystic masses of the female groinSoon Nam Oh
Department of Radiology, Kangnam St Mary s Hospital, College of Medicine, Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Ultrasound Med 26:1735-42. 2007The purpose of this presentation is to review the pathologic spectrum of cystic masses that may involve the female groin region, with a correlation of the lesions with their sonographic appearance.
- Concurrent analysis of nose and groin swab specimens by the IDI-MRSA PCR assay is comparable to analysis by individual-specimen PCR and routine culture assays for detection of colonization by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusEmma J Bishop
Infectious Diseases Department, Austin Health, Studley Rd, Heidelberg, Victoria 3084, Australia
J Clin Microbiol 44:2904-8. 2006..We assessed the sensitivity and specificity of this assay under conditions in which both the nose and cutaneous groin specimens were analyzed together and compared the accuracy of this PCR approach to that when these specimens were ..
- Surveillance cultures for detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: diagnostic yield of anatomic sites and comparison of provider- and patient-collected samplesEbbing Lautenbach
Division of Infectious Diseases of the Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6021, USA
Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 30:380-2. 2009..Sampling of multiple sites was required to achieve a sensitivity of more than 90% for MRSA colonization. Groin and perineum samples yielded positive results significantly more often for community-onset MRSA than for hospital-..
- Surgical management of the groin lymph nodes in melanoma in the era of sentinel lymph node dissectionRichard Essner
Roy E Coats Research Laboratories, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Saint John s Health Center, Santa Monica, CA 90404, USA
Arch Surg 141:877-82; discussion 882-4. 2006..The technique of LM/SL has potentially great advantage for the groin, where the morbidity of superficial groin dissection or iliac dissection can be high...
- Hip joint range of motion reduction in sports-related chronic groin injury diagnosed as pubic bone stress injuryG M Verrall
SPORTSMED SA Sports Medicine Clinic, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 8:77-84. 2005Traumatic osteitis pubis is a non-specific entity that relates to chronic groin injury and has recently been described as being akin to a pubic bone stress injury...
- Leg endoscopic groin lymphadenectomy (LEG procedure): step-by-step approach to a straightforward techniqueViraj Master
Department of Urology, Emory University, 1365 Clifton Road NE, Building B, Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Eur Urol 56:821-8. 2009..Historically, this procedure was associated with significant morbidity...
- Evaluation of the impact of direct plating, broth enrichment, and specimen source on recovery and diversity of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus isolates among HIV-infected outpatientsS K McAllister
Division of Healthcare Quality Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd NE, MS C16, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
J Clin Microbiol 49:4126-30. 2011We compared recovery of Staphylococcus aureus and methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA) from nasal and groin swab specimens of 600 HIV-infected outpatients by selective and nonselective direct plating and broth enrichment...
- An isolated lump in right groin: an unusual initial presentation of Crohn's diseaseK Ray
Department of Surgery, Worthing Hospital, Worthing, West Sussex, UK
Acta Chir Belg 109:98-100. 2009Retroperitoneal abscess, extending to the groin as an isolated tender lump, is rare as the first manifestation of Crohn's disease.
- Extramammary Paget's disease: isolated localization on the groin--wide local excision with immediate reconstructionAlexander Dionyssopoulos
Division of Skin Oncologic Surgery Plastic Surgery, First Department of Dermatology, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Ann Surg Oncol 13:1235-40. 2006..Unfortunately, surgical and ablative treatment modalities for extramammary Paget's disease have a high recurrence rate and are often associated with significant morbidity...
- Soft tissue sarcomas of the groin: diagnosis, management, and prognosisA D Brooks
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
J Am Coll Surg 193:130-6. 2001BACKGROUND: Sott tissue sarcomas (STS) of the groin may present a difficult problem because or misdiagnosis as groin hernia and proximity to major neurovascular structures...
- The anterolateral thigh (ALT) flap in reconstruction following radical excision of groin and vulval hidradenitis suppurativaLeila Rees
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 60:1363-5. 2007
- Radical dissection after positive groin sentinel biopsy in melanoma patients: rate of further positive nodesMario Santinami
Fondazione Istituto Tumori, Milan, Italy
Melanoma Res 19:112-8. 2009..study was to analyze the incidence of further nonsentinel node metastases at completion lymphadenectomy of the groin after a positive sentinel node biopsy to evaluate whether radical dissection remains the treatment of choice for ..
- Groin pain after open FAI surgery: the role of intraarticular adhesionsMartin Beck
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Bern, Inselspital, Bern, Switzerland
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:769-74. 2009..Unsatisfactory outcome is mainly related to pain, located either in the area of the greater trochanter or in the groin. There are several reasons for persisting groin pain...
- Rapid groin recurrence of a vulvar carcinoma with invasion of the femoral vessels and the importance of the initial groin dissection in the staging surgeryE Buxant
Department of Gynaecology, Erasme Hospital, Free University of Brussels, ULB, Brussels, Belgium
Acta Chir Belg 105:418-9. 2005..The disease spreads from the vulva through embolization to the locoregional lymphatic station, the inguinofemoral nodes. The single most important prognostic factor is the presence or absence of nodal disease...
- Successful treatment of infected vascular prosthetic grafts in the groin using conservative therapy with povidone-iodine solutionRene Voboril
Department of Surgery, Charles University Medical School Teaching Hospital, Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
Ann Vasc Surg 18:372-5. 2004Four cases of infected vascular prosthetic graft in the groin successfully treated with povidone-iodine solution using a conservative approach are described here. In all patients the same technique was used...
- Hip joint range of motion restriction precedes athletic chronic groin injuryGeoffrey M Verrall
SPORTSMED SA Sports Medicine Clinic, Adelaide, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 10:463-6. 2007Although a restricted hip range of motion has been previously associated with chronic groin injury the temporal course of this association remains unclear...
- The prevalence of groin pain after metal-on-metal total hip arthroplasty and total hip resurfacingRobert B Bartelt
Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2346-56. 2010b>Groin pain after total hip arthroplasty (THA) or total hip resurfacing arthroplasty can be troubling for patients and surgeons...
- Can preoperative electrical nociceptive stimulation predict acute pain after groin herniotomy?Eske Kvanner Aasvang
Section of Surgical Pathophysiology, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Pain 9:940-4. 2008..electrical pain detection threshold and pain tolerance were assessed in patients undergoing a primary unilateral groin hernia repair...
- Primary extraanatomical revascularization for groin infections in drug addictsV Matoussevitch
Division for Vascular Surgery, Department of Visceral and Vascular Surgery, University of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Vasa 36:210-4. 2007Arterial groin infections in drug addicts are associated with a risk of amputation and are potentially lethal...
- Application of a zeolite hemostatic agent achieves 100% survival in a lethal model of complex groin injury in SwineHasan B Alam
Department of Surgery, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Trauma 56:974-83. 2004..We tested ZH with increasing RM against controls and other hemostatic agents in a swine model of battlefield injury...
- Prevalence and severity of chronic groin pain after endoscopic totally extraperitoneal inguinal hernioplastyH Lau
Department of Surgery, University of Hong Kong Medical Center, Tung Wah Hospital, 12 Po Yan Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Surg Endosc 17:1620-3. 2003Chronic groin pain after open inguinal hernia repair is a common long-term morbidity, but its incidence after endoscopic totally extraperitoneal inguinal hernioplasty (TEP) has not been studied in detail...
- Obturator bypass: a classic approach for the treatment of contemporary groin infectionAjay Patel
Department of Surgical Education, Greenville Hospital System, South Carolina 29605, USA
Am Surg 68:653-8; discussion 658-9. 2002..cardiac and interventional radiologic procedures has risen, the frequency with which surgeons are called to treat groin complications has increased...
- Modified abdominoplasty as a functional reconstruction for recurrent hydradenitis suppurativa of the lower abdomen and groinAdam R Greenbaum
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:764-6. 2007
- The vertical and extended rectus abdominis myocutaneous flap for irradiated thigh and groin defectsBrian M Parrett
Division of Plastic Surgery and the Orthopaedic Oncology Service, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 122:171-7. 2008Thigh and groin tumors are often treated with limb-sparing surgery and adjuvant preoperative irradiation, frequently resulting in complex soft-tissue defects and wounds...
- An enlarged groin node as first manifestation of a malignancy: don't forget the ovariesAngèle L Oei
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 138:240-2. 2008
- Laparoscopic surgery for chronic groin pain in the general population: a prospective studyAbdulzahra Hussain
Department of General Surgery, Minimal Access Unit, Princess Royal University Hospital, Greater London, UK
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 18:809-13. 2008Chronic groin pain is a challenging problem among not only athletes but also the general population. The aim of this study was to evaluate the role of laparoscopic surgery in the management of these patients.
- A groin mass caused by metal particle debris after hip resurfacingAndrew Counsell
Department of Orthopaedics and Trauma, Manchester Royal Infirmary, Manchester, England
Acta Orthop Belg 74:870-4. 2008We present the case of a benign groin mass associated with metal particle debris after hip resurfacing. We discuss the histological diagnosis of 'aseptic lymphocytic vasculitis associated lesions' (ALVAL).
- Groin recurrence in carcinoma of the vulva: management and outcomeG Cormio
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 19:302-7. 2010..Twenty-one patients were found to have groin recurrence. Median interval between primary treatment of vulvar cancer and groin recurrence was 7 months...
- Pedicled gracilis myocutaneous flap for treatment of recalcitrant hidradenitis suppurativa of the groin and perineumN S Solanki
Clinical School of Medicine, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK
J Wound Care 18:111-2. 2009Use of this flap achieved immediate closure of a complex groin wound following a radical excision. The patient recovered quickly and was pleased with the aesthetic results, while there was no sign of recurrence at three-month follow-up.
- Quality of life after axillary or groin sentinel lymph node biopsy, with or without completion lymph node dissection, in patients with cutaneous melanomaMattijs de Vries
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen and University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2840-7. 2009..e., patients receiving an axillary or groin SLNB, or an axillary or groin CLND.
- Adductor tenotomy in the management of groin pain in athletesI J Robertson
Department of Surgery, Mater Misericordiae Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Int J Sports Med 32:45-8. 2011..In conclusion, adductor tenotomy in athletes with severely incapacitating pain (Level 3/4) which fails to respond to conservative management offers the best opportunity of returning to competitive sport...
- The Copenhagen Hip and Groin Outcome Score (HAGOS): development and validation according to the COSMIN checklistK Thorborg
Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Copenhagen, DK 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Br J Sports Med 45:478-91. 2011Valid, reliable and responsive Patient-Reported Outcome (PRO) questionnaires for young to middle-aged, physically active individuals with hip and groin pain are lacking.
- Chronic groin sinus: an unusual complication of sterilisation clipsAngelos G Kolias
Suffolk Vascular Unit, Department of General Surgery, Ipswich Hospital, Ipswich, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 92:W13-4. 2010We report the case of a patient presenting with a chronic groin sinus secondary to a tubal ligation clip migration (Filshie clip) 21 years after the laparoscopic sterilisation took place...
- Fibrin sealant does not decrease seroma output or time to drain removal following inguino-femoral lymph node dissection in melanoma patients: a randomized controlled trial (NCT00506311)Melinda M Mortenson
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
World J Surg Oncol 6:63. 2008....
- Incidence of pubic bone marrow oedema in Australian rules football players: relation to groin painG M Verrall
SPORTSMED SA, Sports Medicine Clinic, Adelaide, Australia
Br J Sports Med 35:28-33. 2001To examine the relation between the clinical features of groin pain and groin magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) appearances in a group largely comprising elite Australian Rules football players...
- Incidence of groin pain after metal-on-metal hip resurfacingAhmad Bin Nasser
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, 501 Smyth Road, Box 502, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:392-9. 2010..However, patients undergoing hip resurfacing may be predisposed to persistent groin pain due to insufficient head/neck offset, an uncovered acetabular component, or both...
- Algorithm for treatment of postoperative incisional groin pain after cesarean delivery or hysterectomyIvica Ducic
Department of Plastic Surgery, Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, DC 20007, USA
Obstet Gynecol 108:27-31. 2006..delivery), women undergoing these procedures occasionally suffer from intractable postoperative suprapubic and groin pain...
- [Groin abscesses and vascular catastrophes in intravenous drug users--strategy and results]H Scheuerlein
Klinik fUr Allgemein, Viszeral und Gefäbchirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Jena
Zentralbl Chir 133:55-60. 2008Drug addiction is a global medical and public health-care problem. Infections of the groin and fossa cubitalis are a common clinical problem in these patients...
- Evaluation of lymphatic drainage patterns to the groin and implications for the extent of groin dissection in melanoma patientsIris M C van der Ploeg
Department of Surgery, The Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Hospital, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 16:2994-9. 2009..The purpose of the study was to analyze lymphatic drainage patterns to the groin using these techniques and to determine the implications for a potential groin dissection.
- Therapeutic surgical management of palpable melanoma groin metastases: superficial or combined superficial and deep groin lymph node dissectionA P T van der Ploeg
Department of Surgical Oncology, Erasmus University Medical Center Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Ann Surg Oncol 18:3300-8. 2011Management of patients with clinically detectable lymph node metastasis to the groin is by ilioinguinal or combined superficial and deep groin dissection (CGD) according to most literature, but in practice superficial groin dissection (..
- Low incidence of groin pain and early failure with large metal articulation total hip arthroplastyJohn B Meding
The Center for Hip and Knee Surgery, St Francis Hospital Mooresville, 1199 Hadley Road, Mooresville, IN 46158, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:388-94. 2012..However, some reports suggest some patients have unexplained hip and early failures with these implants. Thus, the potential benefits may be offset by these concerns. However, the incidence of these problems is not clearly established...
- A prospective randomized trial: the influence of intraoperative application of fibrin glue after radical inguinal/iliacal lymph node dissection on postoperative morbidityH Neuss
Department of General, Visceral, Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Charite, Universitaetsmedizin Berlin, Charite, Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:884-9. 2009..To detect whether fibrin glue application results in a decreased lymphatic secretion following RILND a randomized patient blinded clinical trial was conducted...
- Management of vascular infection in the groinCagatay Engin
Ege University Hospital, Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Izmir, Turkey
Tex Heart Inst J 32:529-34. 2005..We conclude that vascular infections of the groin can be cured by proper selection and application of one of the above techniques.
- Size of sentinel-node metastasis and chances of non-sentinel-node involvement and survival in early stage vulvar cancer: results from GROINSS-V, a multicentre observational studyMaaike H Oonk
University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Lancet Oncol 11:646-52. 2010..Our study aimed to assess the association between size of sentinel-node metastasis and risk of metastases in non-sentinel nodes, and risk of disease-specific survival in early stage vulvar cancer...
- Quadriceps paresis in pediatric groin surgeryI Erez
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Meir General Hospital, 44281 Kfar Saba, Israel
Pediatr Surg Int 18:157-8. 2002A total of 2,624 groin operations were performed in 2,202 infants and children aged 6 months-14 years during the last 4.5 years...
- Surgical management of groin lymphatic complications after arterial bypass surgeryMichele A Shermak
Division of Plastic Surgery, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 115:1954-62. 2005The authors undertook a retrospective study to define the incidence of groin wound lymphatic complications at their institution and to review their experience with treatment of the complications.
- Validation of differential gene expression in muscle engineered from rat groin adipose tissue by quantitative real-time PCRYang An
Department of Plastic, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Podbielskistr 380, 30659 Hannover, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 421:736-42. 2012..Tissue samples were generated out of rat groin adipose tissues by myogenic induction in a perfusion bioreactor for 7, 21 and 49 days...
- Groin region as recipient site for experimental composite tissue allotransplantation and a rare anatomical variation of femoral veinBetul Gozel Ulusal
Plast Reconstr Surg 119:447-8. 2007
- About biomaterials and how they work in groin hernia repairsR Stoppa
Hernia 7:57-60. 2003
- Efficacy of perioperative thromboprophylactic agents in the maintenance of anastamotic patency and survival of rat microvascular free groin flapsPrad Murthy
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Univeristy of Miami School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 129:176-82. 2003..We sought to determine the thromboprophylactic effects of low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH) and pentoxifylline...
- Groin recurrence in patients with vulvar cancer with negative nodes on superficial inguinal lymphadenectomyMary E Gordinier
Program in Women s Oncology, Brown University Women and Infants Hospital, Providence, RI, USA
Gynecol Oncol 90:625-8. 2003The objective of this study was to investigate the cause of groin recurrence in patients with vulvar cancer who had negative nodes in their superficial inguinal lymphadenectomy (SIL) specimens.
- Validation of the IDI-MRSA system for use on pooled nose, axilla, and groin swabs and single swabs from other screening sitesDakshika Jeyaratnam
Department of Infection, Infection and Immunology Delivery Unit, Guy s and St Thomas Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, St Thomas Hospital, London SE1 7EH, UK
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 61:1-5. 2008..We investigated the use of IDI-MRSA for screening for MRSA in pooled nose, axilla, and groin swabs and in single swabs from skin puncture sites, wounds, throat, rectum, and groin using swabs transported in ..
- Comparison of the FemoStop device and manual pressure in reducing groin puncture site complications following coronary angioplasty and coronary stent placementS B Walker
School of Nursing and Health Studies, Central Queensland University, Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia
Int J Nurs Pract 7:366-75. 2001..Medical Systems, Uppsala, Sweden) and manual pressure, currently used by nurses to achieve haemostasis at the groin puncture site following removal of femoral arterial sheaths in patients following coronary angioplasty and ..
- Validity, reliability and responsiveness of patient-reported outcome questionnaires when assessing hip and groin disability: a systematic reviewK Thorborg
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Amager Hospital, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Italiensvej 1, 2300 Copenhagen S, Denmark
Br J Sports Med 44:1186-96. 2010Novel treatment interventions are advancing rapidly in the management of hip and groin disability in the physically active young to middle-aged population.
- Prevalence of malformations of the hip joint and their relationship to sex, groin pain, and risk of osteoarthritis: a population-based surveyKasper Kjaerulf Gosvig
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Copenhagen University Hospital of Hvidovre, Hvidovre, Denmark
J Bone Joint Surg Am 92:1162-9. 2010....
- Is groin injecting an ethical boundary for harm reduction?Peter G Miller
National Addiction Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London SE58AF, UK
Int J Drug Policy 19:486-91. 2008Femoral vein (or groin) injecting by street drug users is an emerging public health issue in the UK...
- Controversies in the management of metastatic melanoma to regional lymphatic basinsLloyd A Mack
Tom Baker Cancer Centre and the University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Surg Oncol 86:189-99. 2004..In the axilla, a Level I, II, and III dissection is most commonly performed. Combined superficial and deep groin dissection is justified for clinically palpable disease although management of patients with histologically ..
- Tophaceous gout of the pubic symphysis: an unusual cause of groin painH Gardner
Department of Rheumatology, Building 7, Auckland Hospital, Private Bag 92024, Auckland Healthcare Services Ltd, New Zealand
Ann Rheum Dis 63:767-8. 2004
- The fine line between harm reduction and harm production--development of a clinical policy on femoral (groin) injectingDeborah Zador
National Addiction Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London, London, UK
Eur Addict Res 14:213-8. 2008The femoral region ('groin') appears to be increasingly commonly used by injecting drug users in the UK...
- Long-standing groin pain in sportspeople falls into three primary patterns, a "clinical entity" approach: a prospective study of 207 patientsPer Hölmich
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Amager University Hospital, Copenhagen DK 2300 S, Denmark
Br J Sports Med 41:247-52; discussion 252. 2007b>Groin pain remains a major challenge in sports medicine.
- The effectiveness of complete decongestive physiotherapy for the treatment of lymphedema following groin dissection for melanomaChristian S Hinrichs
Department of Surgical Oncology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York, USA
J Surg Oncol 85:187-92. 2004b>Groin dissection is performed for the treatment of melanoma and other malignancies. Lymphedema rates as high as 47% have been reported...
- Differences in the outcome of surgically placed long-term central venous catheters in neonates: neck vs groin placementRavindra K Vegunta
Department of Surgery, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria, Children s Hospital of Illinois at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, IL 61603, USA
J Pediatr Surg 40:47-51. 2005..They are placed either in the neck or groin based primarily upon the surgeon's preference...
- Adductor-related groin pain in competitive athletes. Role of adductor enthesis, magnetic resonance imaging, and entheseal pubic cleft injectionsErnest Schilders
Department of Orthopaedics, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane, Bradford BD9 6RJ, England
J Bone Joint Surg Am 89:2173-8. 2007Adductor dysfunction is a condition that can cause groin pain in competitive athletes, but the source of the pain has not been established and no specific interventions have been evaluated...
- Sonographic findings of tensor fascia lata tendinopathy: another cause of anterior groin painC J Bass
Victoria House Imaging, 316 Malvern Road, Prahran, Victoria, 3161, Australia
Skeletal Radiol 31:143-8. 2002To describe the sonographic appearances of the normal tensor fascia lata (TFL) origin and to describe the sonographic changes that were present in the TFL of a group of athletes presenting with anterior groin pain.
- The anatomy of the pubic region revisited: implications for the pathogenesis and clinical management of chronic groin pain in athletesBrett A Robertson
School of Physiotherapy, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Sports Med 39:225-34. 2009Chronic groin pain is a common complaint for athletes participating in sports that involve repetitive sprinting, kicking or twisting movements, such as Australian Rules football, soccer and ice hockey...
- Ilioinguinal lymph node dissection for palpable metastatic melanoma to the groinChristopher P Allan
Academic Surgery, Royal Marsden Hospital, Chelsea, London, UK
ANZ J Surg 78:982-6. 2008..We have routinely performed combined inguinal and pelvic (ilioinguinal) lymph node block dissection to avoid this morbid outcome...
- Extramammary Paget's disease of the groin with underlying carcinoma and fatal outcomeJ C Pascual
Department of Dermatology, General University Hospital of Elche, Spain
Clin Exp Dermatol 33:595-8. 2008....
- Adductor-related groin pain in recreational athletes: role of the adductor enthesis, magnetic resonance imaging, and entheseal pubic cleft injectionsErnest Schilders
Department of Orthopaedics, Bradford Royal Infirmary, Duckworth Lane, Bradford BD9 6RJ, England
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:2455-60. 2009Adductor dysfunction can cause groin pain in athletes and may emanate from the adductor enthesis. Adductor enthesopathy may be visualized with magnetic resonance imaging and may be treated with entheseal pubic cleft injections...
- Comparison of the Xpert methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) assay, BD GeneOhm MRSA assay, and culture for detection of nasal and cutaneous groin colonization by MRSAP G Kelley
Infectious Diseases Department, Austin Health, Studley Rd, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia 3084
J Clin Microbiol 47:3769-72. 2009..of methicillin (meticillin)-resistant Staphylococcus aureus colonization was assessed using combined nose and groin swabs in two commercial PCR assays (the Xpert MRSA assay and the BD GeneOhm MRSA assay)...
- Implications of popliteal lymph node detected by sentinel lymph node biopsyNaohito Hatta
Department of Dermatology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Takara machi, Kanazawa, Japan
Dermatol Surg 31:327-30. 2005..Recently, sentinel lymph nodes outside traditional nodal basins have been identified. This study investigated the incidence of sentinel nodes in the popliteal region and the indication for biopsy...
- Preservation of muscle fascia to decrease lymphedema after complete axillary and ilioinguinofemoral lymphadenectomy for melanomaGary Lawton
Melanoma Unit of the Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
J Am Coll Surg 195:339-51. 2002..The purpose of this article is to demonstrate that when complete lymph node dissection is indicated, it can be performed with a low risk of lymphedema using the fascia-preserving technique...
- Outcome of conservative management of athletic chronic groin injury diagnosed as pubic bone stress injuryGeoffrey M Verrall
SPORTSMED SA Sports Medicine Clinic, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Sports Med 35:467-74. 2007Little data exist on the results of treatment for sports-related chronic groin injury.
- Access to the superficial femoral artery in the presence of a "hostile groin": a prospective studyAdrian J Marcus
Department of Radiology, Barnet General Hospital, Barnet, London
Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol 30:351-4. 2007..Arterial access can be complicated by a "hostile groin" (scarring, obesity, or previous failed CFA puncture)...
- Groin abscess secondary to trans obturator tape erosion: case report and literature reviewFiona Marsh
Academic Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Gledhow Wing, St James s University Hospital, Beckett Street, Leeds, United Kingdom
Neurourol Urodyn 26:543-6. 2007To report a case of groin abscess secondary to trans obturator tape erosion and review the literature on the incidence, predisposing factors, symptoms and management of tape erosion.
- Surgical release of iliopsoas tendon for groin pain after total hip arthroplastyKevin Heaton
Klamath Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic, Klamath Falls, Oregon, USA
J Arthroplasty 17:779-81. 2002
- Groin pain in footballers: the association between preseason clinical and pubic bone magnetic resonance imaging findings and athlete outcomeJohn Paul Slavotinek
Department of Medical Imaging, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia 5042
Am J Sports Med 33:894-9. 2005b>Groin pain and tenderness are common in athletes from a variety of codes of football, but little attention has been directed to the influence of magnetic resonance imaging and such clinical findings on athlete participation.
- Diagnostics in athletes with long-standing groin painJ A C G Jansen
Department of Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, UMC Utrecht, Heidelberglaan, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Scand J Med Sci Sports 18:679-90. 2008..dysfunction, osteitis pubis and abdominal wall deficiency are mentioned as pathologies explaining long-standing groin pain (LGP) in athletes...
- The groin hernia - an ultrasound diagnosis?Mike Bradley
Department of Radiology North Bristol Trust, Southmead Hospital, Bristol, UK
Ann R Coll Surg Engl 85:178-80. 2003Ultrasound is a non-invasive, non-ionising radiation modality which is highly successful at soft tissue imaging. Groin pain from an occult hernia can be a difficult clinical diagnosis made easier by good imaging...
- Prospective evaluation of positron emission tomography for the detection of groin node metastases from vulvar cancerDavid E Cohn
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
Gynecol Oncol 85:179-84. 2002We set out to determine the ability of positron emission tomography with fluorodeoxyglucose to detect groin lymph node metastases from vulvar cancer.
- The accuracy of ultrasound in the diagnosis of clinically occult groin hernias in adultsAdeeb Alam
Department of Radiology, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headley Way, Oxford, OX3 9DZ, UK
Eur Radiol 15:2457-61. 2005This prospective study examined the accuracy of ultrasound in diagnosing occult groin hernias in adults...
- Risk factors for groin injuries in hockeyC A Emery
Department of Community Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Med Sci Sports Exerc 33:1423-33. 2001..cohort study was to determine the level of off-season sport specific activity, peak isometric adductor torque, and hip abduction flexibility that are predictive of groin or abdominal strain injury in the National Hockey League (NHL).
- Hip and groin injuries in athletesK Anderson
Center for Athletic Medicine, Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Am J Sports Med 29:521-33. 2001Although athletic injuries about the hip and groin occur less commonly than injuries in the extremities, they can result in extensive rehabilitation time. Thus, an accurate diagnosis and well-organized treatment plan are critical...
- Morbidity after inguinal sentinel lymph node biopsy and completion lymph node dissection in patients with cutaneous melanomaM de Vries
Department of Surgical Oncology, University Medical Center Groningen and Groningen University, Hanzeplein 1, P O Box 30 001, 9700 RB Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur J Surg Oncol 32:785-9. 2006Aim of the study was to assess the short-term and long-term morbidity after inguinal sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) with or without completion groin dissection (GD) in patients with cutaneous melanoma.
- [Groin pain in athletes: role of magnetic resonance]A Barile
Cattedra di Radiologia dell Università, Unità Operativa di RM, Ospedale Nuovo S Salvatore di Coppito, 67010 Coppito L Aquila AQ
Radiol Med 100:216-22. 2000Aim of our work was to evaluate the diagnostic role and potentials of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in the study of groin pain in athletes and in the differential diagnosis among the pathological conditions that cause this syndrome.
- Management of defects in the groin, thigh, and pelvic region with modified contralateral TRAM/VRAM flapsC C Cedidi
Clinic for Plastic and Hand Surgery, Helios University Clinic, Wuppertal, Germany
Eur J Med Res 10:515-20. 2005..As a result of radical surgery, extensive radiation, or infection in the pelvic, groin or thigh region, the development of large pelvic / groin / thigh defects present a difficult surgical problem...
- Fine needle aspiration cytology of intranodal myofibroblastoma. A case reportPilar Martínez-Onsurbe
Department of Pathology, Hospital Principe de Asturias, University of Alcala de Henares, Madrid, Spain
Acta Cytol 46:1143-7. 2002..Intranodal myofibroblastoma is a rare, primitive, mesenchymal neoplasm of the lymph nodes first described in 1989. It behaves in a benign fashion and has a great predilection for the inguinal region...
- Herniographic findings in athletes with unclear groin painP Kesek
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Malmo University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Acta Radiol 43:603-8. 2002b>Groin pain in athletes is a common symptom and may, among many other entities, be caused by skeletal changes in the symphysis and the pubic bone or hernia.
- Cystic lesion of the groin due to metallosis: a rare long-term complication of metal-on-metal total hip arthroplastyFlorian W Gruber
First Orthopedic Department, Orthopedic Clinic Gersthof Vienna, Austria
J Arthroplasty 22:923-7. 2007We present 2 patients with swelling of the groin after metal-on-metal total hip arthroplasty without radiological signs of component loosening...
- Groin swelling, the anatomic way out of abdominal haematomas: a case report and explicative literature reviewS Apostolidis
1st Propedeutic Surgical Department, A H E P A University Hospital, Aristotle s University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece
Acta Chir Belg 108:251-3. 2008..The postoperative course was uneventful, and the patient was discharged six days following surgery...
- Evaluation of groin pain in athletesKimberly G Harmon
Department of Family Medicine, Department of Orthopaedicsand Sports Medicine, University of Washington, E Stevens Circle, Box 354410, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Curr Sports Med Rep 6:354-61. 2007The evaluation and treatment of groin pain in athletes is challenging. The anatomy is complex, multiple pathologies often coexist, different pathologies may cause similar symptoms, and many systems can refer pain to the groin...
- Treatment of longstanding groin pain in athletes: a systematic reviewJ A C G Jansen
UMC Utrecht, Department of Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine, Heidelberglaan, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Scand J Med Sci Sports 18:263-74. 2008The aims of this study were to determine (1) the kinds of treatments applied for longstanding groin pain (LGP) in athletes; (2) the results; and (3) the levels of evidence for the interventions...
- MR-Compatible X-Ray TubeRebecca Fahrig; Fiscal Year: 2010..This table translation is seen often in the x-ray fluoroscopy suite when, for example, guiding catheters from the groin into the neurovasculature...
- Advancing the Quality of Emergency Department Renal Stone ManagementRalph C Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Emergency Department with suspected kidney stone - broadly defined as acute, coliky flank pain radiating to the groin. Patients diagnosed with kidney stones represent 1% of ED visits, accounting for more than one million visits per ..
- Flow Divertors to Cure Cerebral AneurysmsBaruch B Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2012..A flow divertor is a refined tubular mesh-like device that is inserted through a small incision in the groin area (no need for open brain surgery) and navigated through a catheter into cerebral arteries to treat brain ..
- Second International Hidradenitis Suppurativa Research SymposiumMichelle Barlow; Fiscal Year: 2009..The areas most commonly affected are under the arms, groin, buttocks, and under the breasts. The disease is variable and recurrent...
- MASSAGE THERAPY FOR EXPERIMENTAL LYMPHEDEMAMarlys Witte; Fiscal Year: 2002..our newly refined standardized LE animal model, closely resembling the clinical condition following radical groin dissection/radiation for cancer...
- PHASE II TRIAL OF ONTAK TO TREAT OVARIAN CANCER UNDER B*Tyler J Curiel; Fiscal Year: 2010..axial tomography (CAT) fusion scans demonstrated resolution of most metastatic disease, although a left groin mass increased in size and was anaplastic ovarian carcinoma at biopsy...
- Dendritic Cell Vaccination During Lymphoid ReconstitutionJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..stimulation and pulsed with multiple class I and class ll-restricted tumor antigen peptides will be infused into a groin lymph node with intravenous ALI as a "reference" arm, or DC will be given intranodally with ALI after escalating ..
- Basic Science of Tendon To Bone HealingAsheesh Bedi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CTLA-4 Inhibition and Autoimmunity in MelanomaJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Non-invasive beta-cell imaging using a Ga-68-labeled glucagone-like peptide-1 anaMartin Gotthardt; Fiscal Year: 2008..Apart from proof-of-principle studies in healthy volunteers and diabetes type I and II patients, a dosimetric method will be established to simply and reliably quantify beta-cell mass by PET imaging. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- IL-12 as an Adjuvant for a Melanoma Peptide VaccineJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of those assays will be used to design randomized phase III trials for resected high risk melanoma and to develop strategies for overcoming antigen-specific unresponsiveness in melanoma patients. ..
- Massage Therapy for Breast Cancer-related LymphedemaMichael Bernas; Fiscal Year: 2003..NCCAMR21 funded investigation of a rat subacute LE model mimicking cancer-treatment related unilateral LE (radical groin lymphectomy/lymphadenectomy + irradiation) suggests that MLD alone reduces established LE volume as effectively as ..
- HPV DNA VACCINE FOR CERVICAL PRE NEOPLASIAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003..To insure that spontaneous regression does not account for a portion of the responses, baseline measurements will be followed one month later by a second set of assessments prior to the start of the vaccine. ..
- IN VITRO/IN VIVO ACTIVATED DENDRITIC CELLS FOR MELANOMAJeffrey Weber; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Composite Tissue TransplantationThomas Tung; Fiscal Year: 2006..The broad objective of this proposal is to improve the quality of reconstructive options and the quality of life for patients with devastating deformities. ..
- Minimally Invasive Surgery For BPHMichael Lieber; Fiscal Year: 2005..One hundred seventy patients would be randomized to each treatment arm. Follow-up period would be 2 years post-treatment...
- MMP-9-Dependent Vessel Wall Remodeling is NO-DependentGilbert Upchurch; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Peripheral Arterial Disease and Leg Muscle MetabolismLOIS KILLEWICH; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is my ultimate hope that the combined interventions of bypass surgery and nutritional supplementation with amino acids can be used to improve overall functional status of these elderly Americans. ..
- Reducing Sedative Exposure in Ventilated ICU PatientsLinda Chlan; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Comparative In Vivo Biodistribution of Characterized Manufactured NanomaterialsNancy A Monteiro Riviere; Fiscal Year: 2010..These coordinated studies will provide data to link physical chemical characterizations to in vivo MNM disposition. ..
- Quinolone resistant E coli in long term care facilitiesEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Novel Application of Infection Control Strategies to Limit Transmission of ESBL'SEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Progenitor Cells in Hindlimb RevascularizationDarren Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2008..By defining the role of progenitor cells in neovascularization, this proposal will support the development of novel cellular and molecular therapies for patients with vascular disease. ..
- Molecular Analysis of Scarless Fetal Wound HealingSandeep Kathju; Fiscal Year: 2007..With these complementary approaches we hope to thereby arrive at a broad understanding of the gene patterns controlling both fetal and adult wound healing, and identify gene products/pathways critical to both. ..
- Clinical Impact of Quinolone-Resistant E.coli carriageEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms By Which Endothelium Cells Sense Changes in HemodynamicsBauer Sumpio; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. Assess egr-1 and sp1 binding in MT1-MMP and PDGF-B promoters under mechanical stress 5.Assess the functional relevance of egr-1 in a low flow carotid model using an egr-1 knock-out mouse. ..
- QUINOLONE RESISTANCE IN NOSOCOMIAL URINARY INFECTIONSEbbing Lautenbach; Fiscal Year: 2004....