Genomes and Genes
Summary: A primitive form of digestive gland found in marine ARTHROPODS, that contains cells similar to those found in the mammalian liver (HEPATOCYTES), and the PANCREAS.
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- Haemolymph parasite of the shore crab Carcinus maenas: pathology, ultrastructure and observations on crustacean haplosporidiansG D Stentiford
Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science Cefas, The Nothe, Weymouth, Dorset DT4 8UB, UK
Dis Aquat Organ 59:57-68. 2004....
- Pathology of Hematodinium infections in snow crabs (Chionoecetes opilio) from Newfoundland, CanadaKersten Wheeler
Virginia Institute of Marine Science, The College of William and Mary, School of Marine Science, Gloucester Point, VA 23062, USA
J Invertebr Pathol 95:93-100. 2007..and during sporulation of the parasite. Pressure necrosis was evident in the spongy connective tissues of the hepatopancreas and the blood vessels in most organs...
- Immune response and gene expression in shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) hemocytes and hepatopancreas against some pathogen-associated molecular patternsPei Feng Ji
Key Laboratory of Science and Technology for Aquaculture and Food Safety of Fujian Province University, Fisheries College Fisheries Biotechnology Institute, Jimei University, Xiamen 361021, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 27:563-70. 2009..appeared at 6 h in hemocytes, of CAT with 47 times as much as that of the control group appeared at 12 h in hepatopancreas, and with 2...
- Transcriptome analysis of Pacific white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) hepatopancreas in response to Taura syndrome Virus (TSV) experimental infectionDigang Zeng
Guangxi Key Laboratory of Aquatic Genetic Breeding and Healthy Aquaculture, Guangxi Institute of Fisheries, Nanning, China
PLoS ONE 8:e57515. 2013..To better understand the interaction between shrimp immune and TSV, we performed a transcriptome analysis in the hepatopancreas of L. vannamei challenged with TSV, using the 454 pyrosequencing (Roche) technology.
- Differential proteomic responses in hepatopancreas and adductor muscles of the green-lipped mussel Perna viridis to stresses induced by cadmium and hydrogen peroxidePriscilla T Y Leung
The Swire Institute of Marine Science and School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Aquat Toxicol 105:49-61. 2011This study aimed to reveal the proteomic responses in the hepatopancreas and adductor muscle of a common biomonitor, Perna viridis after 14-day exposure to two model chemicals, cadmium (Cd; a toxic metal) and hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2); ..
- Mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis in the hepatopancreas of the freshwater crab Sinopotamon yangtsekiense exposed to cadmiumDongmei Liu
Laboratory of Bio effect and Molecular Mechanism on Classical Environmental Pollutants, School of Life Science, Shanxi University, 96 Wucheng Road, Taiyuan 030006, Shanxi Province, People s Republic of China
Aquat Toxicol 105:394-402. 2011..To investigate the mechanism of Cd-induced apoptosis in the hepatopancreas, freshwater crabs Sinopotamon yangtsekiense were exposed to 0, 3.56, 7.12, 14.25, 28.49 and 56...
- Tissue-specific cadmium and metallothionein levels in freshwater crab Sinopotamon henanense during acute exposure to waterborne cadmiumWenli Ma
School of Life Science and Technology, Shanxi University, Taiyuan 030006, People s Republic of China
Environ Toxicol 23:393-400. 2008..after Cd exposure, and the Cd accumulation level in various tissues followed the following order: gill > hepatopancreas > muscle > ovary. MT levels were clearly tissue-specific after Cd exposure...
- A hepatopancreas-specific C-type lectin from the Chinese shrimp Fenneropenaeus chinensis exhibits antimicrobial activityYun Dong Sun
School of Life Sciences, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250100, China
Mol Immunol 45:348-61. 2008..Here, we report a novel hepatopancreas-specific C-type lectin, designated Fc-hsL, from the hepatopancreas of the Chinese shrimp, Fenneropenaeus ..
- Transcriptome analysis and discovery of genes involved in immune pathways from hepatopancreas of microbial challenged mitten crab Eriocheir sinensisXihong Li
Key Laboratory of Experimental Marine Biology, Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Qingdao, China
PLoS ONE 8:e68233. 2013..Recently, high-throughput RNA sequencing (RNA-seq) technology provides a powerful and efficient method for transcript analysis and immune gene discovery...
- A novel C-type lectin from the shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei possesses anti-white spot syndrome virus activityZhi Ying Zhao
State Key Laboratory for Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen Zhongshan University, Guangzhou 510275, People s Republic of China
J Virol 83:347-56. 2009..Reverse transcription-PCR analysis revealed that LvCTL1 mRNA was specifically expressed in the hepatopancreas of L. vannamei...
- Profiling of differentially expressed genes in hepatopancreas of white spot syndrome virus-resistant shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei) by suppression subtractive hybridisationZhi Ying Zhao
State Key Laboratory for Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Zhongshan University, 135 Xingang Road West, Guangzhou 510275, PR China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 22:520-34. 2007..method was employed to identify differentially expressed genes and their expression profiles in the hepatopancreas of the white spot syndrome virus (WSSV) resistant and susceptible Pacific white shrimp (Litopenaeus vannamei)...
- An immune deficiency homolog from the white shrimp, Litopenaeus vannamei, activates antimicrobial peptide genesPei Hui Wang
State Key Laboratory for Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen Zhongshan University, 135 Xingang Road West, Guangzhou 510275, People s Republic of China
Mol Immunol 46:1897-904. 2009..LvIMD mRNA is expressed in most tissues and is induced in hepatopancreas and hemocytes after immune challenge...
- Differential gene expression profile in hepatopancreas of WSSV-resistant shrimp (Penaeus japonicus) by suppression subtractive hybridizationDeng Pan
Key Lab of Marine Genetic resource of SOA, Third Institute of Oceanography, State Oceanic Administration SOA, 184 DaXue Road, Xiamen 361005, China
Dev Comp Immunol 29:103-12. 2005..method was employed to identify differentially expressed genes and their expression profile in the hepatopancreas of the virus-resistant penaeid shrimp...
- Differential gene expression profile of the hepatopancreas of white spot syndrome virus infected Fenneropenaeus indicus by suppression subtractive hybridizationRoswin James
Microbiology, Fermentation and Biotechnology Division, Central Institute of Fisheries Technology, Cochin 682 029, Kerala, India
Fish Shellfish Immunol 29:884-9. 2010..Subtractive Hybridization was employed in order to identify the differentially expressed genes in the hepatopancreas of white spot syndrome virus infected Fenneropenaeus indicus...
- Effect of cadmium on the ovarian development in the freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii (De Man)Peranandam Revathi
Unit of Aquaculture and Cryobiology, Department of Zoology, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600 025, India
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 74:623-9. 2011..Interestingly, the control prawn showed normal cellular architecture of gills, hepatopancreas and ovary with mature oocytes...
- From hepatopancreas to ovary: molecular characterization of a shrimp vitellogenin receptor involved in the processing of vitellogeninShirley Hiu Kwan Tiu
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Biol Reprod 79:66-74. 2008..when needed for receptor-mediated endocytosis during the rapid phase of extraovarian Vg production by the hepatopancreas. A peptide from the C-terminal end of VgR was synthesized for antibody production...
- Effect of dietary arginine on growth, intestinal enzyme activities and gene expression in muscle, hepatopancreas and intestine of juvenile Jian carp (Cyprinus carpio var. Jian)Gangfu Chen
Animal Nutrition Institute, Sichuan Agricultural University, Sichuan, Ya an, People s Republic of China
Br J Nutr 108:195-207. 2012..quantitative PCR analysis was performed to determine the relative expression of TOR and 4E-BP in fish muscle, hepatopancreas and intestine. Dietary arginine increased (P < 0...
- Insights into the immune transcriptome of the shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei: tissue-specific expression profiles and transcriptomic responses to immune challengeJavier Robalino
Marine Biomedicine and Environmental Sciences Center, Medical University of South Carolina, Hollings Marine Laboratory, Charleston, South Carolina 29412, USA
Physiol Genomics 29:44-56. 2007..of a cDNA microarray encompassing 2,469 putative unigenes expressed in gills, circulating hemocytes, and hepatopancreas of Litopenaeus vannamei is described...
- 'Candidatus Rhabdochlamydia porcellionis', an intracellular bacterium from the hepatopancreas of the terrestrial isopod Porcellio scaber (Crustacea: Isopoda)Rok Kostanjsek
University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Biological Department, Vecna pot 111, 1111 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Int J Syst Evol Microbiol 54:543-9. 2004Intracellular bacteria were observed in the hepatopancreas of the terrestrial isopod Porcellio scaber...
- A novel C-type lectin with two CRD domains from Chinese shrimp Fenneropenaeus chinensis functions as a pattern recognition proteinXiao Wen Zhang
School of Life Sciences, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250100, China
Mol Immunol 46:1626-37. 2009..In this study, a novel C-type lectin (Fc-Lec2) was cloned from the hepatopancreas of Chinese shrimp, Fenneropenaeus chinensis...
- Impact of waterborne copper on the structure of gills and hepatopancreas and its impact on the content of metallothionein in juvenile giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii (Crustacea: Decapoda)Na Li
School of Life Science, East China Normal University, Shanghai, 200062, People s Republic of China
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 52:73-9. 2007This study aims to elucidate both the impact of copper on the structure of the gills and hepatopancreas and the induction of metallothionein (MT) during waterborne copper exposure in juvenile Macrobrachium rosenbergii...
- Differential gene expression in hepatopancreas of the shrimp Metapenaeus ensis during ovarian maturationQueenie W L Wong
Department of Biology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 10:91-8. 2008Differentially expressed genes were identified in the hepatopancreas of Metapenaeus ensis during ovarian maturation via differential display reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (DDRT-PCR)...
- Effects of cadmium on carbohydrate and protein metabolisms in the freshwater crab Sinopotamon yangtsekienseRuijing Xuan
School of Life Science, Shanxi University, Taiyuan 030006, People s Republic of China
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 154:268-74. 2011..As the time lapsed, some symptoms on metabolism obstacle reflect the toxic effect of sublethal Cd(2+)...
- Seasonal and geographical variations of sterol composition in snow crab hepatopancreas and pelagic fish viscera from Eastern QuebecNathalie Souchet
Departement de Biologie, chimie et géographie, Universite du Quebec a Rimouski, Rimouski, Quebec, Canada
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 147:378-86. 2007Sterol composition was determined in snow crab hepatopancreas and mackerel and herring viscera for various locations and collection periods...
- Characterization of two vitellogenin cDNAs from a Pandalus shrimp (Pandalopsis japonica): expression in hepatopancreas is down-regulated by endosulfan exposureJeong Min Jeon
Department of Marine Biology, Pukyong National University, Busan 608 737, South Korea
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 157:102-12. 2010..PCR screening of cDNA from the hepatopancreas from control and endosulfan-exposed animals, using 120 sets of random primers, yielded partial cDNAs encoding ..
- Comparative proteomic profiles of the hepatopancreas in Fenneropenaeus chinensis response to white spot syndrome virusYing Mei Chai
Marine College, Shandong University at Weihai, Weihai, Shandong 264209, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 29:480-6. 2010..Differentially expressed proteins in the hepatopancreas of control and WSSV-injected Chinese white shrimp between (6, 12 and 24 h post-injection) were screened...
- Energy reserves and metal-storage granules in the hepatopancreas of Oniscus asellus and Porcellio scaber (Isopoda) from a metal gradient at Avonmouth, UKRalph O Schill
Cell Biology, Zoological Institute, University of Tubingen, Auf der Morgenstelle 28, D 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Ecotoxicology 13:787-96. 2004..for the frequency and size of metal-containing granules (spherites), lipid droplets and glycogen in their hepatopancreas. The number and size of spherites in the hepatopancreas of O...
- Mechanisms of heavy-metal sequestration and detoxification in crustaceans: a reviewG A Ahearn
Department of Biology, University of North Florida, 4567 St Johns Bluff Rd, South, Jacksonville, FL 32223, USA
J Comp Physiol B 174:439-52. 2004..The focus of this review is the decapod hepatopancreas and its complement of metallothioneins, membrane metal transport proteins, and vacuolar sequestration ..
- A C-type lectin is involved in the innate immune response of Chinese white shrimpXian Wei Wang
The Key Laboratory of Plant Cell Engineering and Germplasm Innovation of Ministry of Education, School of Life Sciences, Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong 250100, PR China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 27:556-62. 2009..RT-PCR analysis showed that FcLec3 was mainly expressed in hepatopancreas and that the expression of FcLec3 was obviously up-regulated by Vibrio anguillarum or white spot syndrome ..
- Manifestation of carbaryl toxicity on soluble protein and histopathology in the hepatopancreas and gills of the prawn, Macrobrachium malcolmsoniiP Saravana Bhavan
Department of Zoology, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore 641 046, India
J Environ Biol 30:533-8. 2009The present study examined alterations in the protein pattern and histopathology of the hepatopancreas and gills of Macrobrachium malcolmsonii following exposure to Sevin, the commercial grade of carbaryl (1-Naphthylmethyl carbamate) ..
- Effects of methyl parathion on Chasmagnathus granulatus hepatopancreas: protective role of sesamolAdalto Bianchini
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Fundacao Universidade Federal do Rio Grande, Campus Carreiros, Av Itália km 8, Rio Grande, RS, 96 201 900, Brazil
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 67:100-8. 2007..of the mixed function oxygenase (MFO) system, against histopathological effects of methyl parathion in the hepatopancreas of the estuarine crab, Chasmagnathus granulatus, was studied. Exposure (72 h) to a sublethal dose (0...
- Metallothionein induction and heavy metal accumulation in white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei exposed to cadmium and zincJui Pin Wu
Institute of Zoology, National Taiwan University, Taipei 106, Taiwan, Republic of China
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 140:383-94. 2005..From our results, it is very clear that the response of L. vannamei to Cd differs from that to Zn, and this should be considered when using MTs in field applications to monitor metals contamination...
- Changes in cell type composition and enzymatic activities in the hepatopancreas of Marsupenaeus japonicus during the moulting cycleL Zilli
Laboratory of General and Comparative Physiology, Department of Biological and Environmental Sciences and Technologies, University of Lecce, Via provinciale Lecce Monteroni, 73100 Lecce, Italy
J Comp Physiol B 173:355-63. 2003..furosemide-sensitive Na(+)-ATPase) that occur during the different stages of the moulting cycle in the hepatopancreas of the Marsupenaeus japonicus...
- Effects of cadmium on glutathione synthesis in hepatopancreas of freshwater crab, Sinopotamon yangtsekienseLan Wang
School of Life Science and Technology, Shanxi University, Taiyuan, China
Chemosphere 74:51-6. 2008....
- Specification of hepatopancreas progenitors in zebrafish by hnf1ba and wnt2bbJoseph J Lancman
Sanford Children s Health Research Center, Programs in Genetic Disease, Development and Aging, and Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Sanford Burnham Medical Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Development 140:2669-79. 2013..are thought to arise from a common multipotent progenitor pool, it is unclear whether these progenitors of the hepatopancreas system are specified by a common genetic mechanism...
- Fatty acid binding proteins FABP9 and FABP10 participate in antibacterial responses in Chinese mitten crab, Eriocheir sinensisLin Cheng
School of Life Science, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 8:e54053. 2013..An obvious variation in the expression of Es-FABP9 and Es-FABP10 mRNA in E. sinensis was observed in hepatopancreas, gills, and hemocytes post-LPS challenge...
- [Effects of Cd2+ on antioxidant system in hepatopancreas of Procambarus clarkii]Shu Hua Tan
School of Life Sciences, Hunan University of Science and Technology, Xiangtan 411201, Hunan, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 23:2595-601. 2012..activities of antioxidative enzymes (SOD, CAT, and GSH-PX) and the antioxidation substances (GSH and Vc) in hepatopancreas of freshwater crayfish Procambarus clarkii...
- Isolation, characterization and molecular cloning of duplex-specific nuclease from the hepatopancreas of the Kamchatka crabVeronika E Anisimova
M M Shemiakin and Yu, A Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry RAS, Miklukho Maklaya 16 10, 117871 Moscow, Russia
BMC Biochem 9:14. 2008..Thus, the search for novel nucleases with potentially exploitable functions remains an important scientific undertaking...
- Gene expression profile of hepatopancreas from grass shrimp Palaemonetes pugio exposed to cyclic hypoxiaTiandao Li
Department of Coastal Sciences, University of Southern Mississippi, Ocean Springs, MS 39564, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol Part D Genomics Proteomics 8:1-10. 2013..Differentially expressed genes in the hepatopancreas were determined in cyclic hypoxic vs...
- The mode of action of acute and chronic concentrations of waterborne Cd in the digestive gland of the acclimated infested freshwater crab ( Potamonautes warreni)P Manuela M Schuwerack
School of Biological Sciences, Royal Holloway University of London, Egham, Surrey TW20 0EX, UK
Cell Tissue Res 312:249-63. 2003..Cd accumulated in the cells of the digestive gland in a time-, concentration- and cell-type-specific fashion...
- Vitellogenin levels in hemolymph, ovary and hepatopancreas of the freshwater crayfish Cherax quadricarinatus (Decapoda: Parastacidae) during the reproductive cycleLilian E Ferré
Dept of Biodiversity and Experimental Biology, DBBE FCEyN, University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, Ciudad Universitaria, Pab II, Intendente Güiraldes 2620, C1428EHA Buenos Aires, Argentina
Rev Biol Trop 60:253-61. 2012..a lipoprotein precursor of the vitellum accumulated in spawned eggs, can be synthesized in the ovary and/or hepatopancreas of most crustaceans, being the hemolymph the way for transporting Vg throughout the reproductive cycle...
- Ultrastructural observations in gills and hepatopancreas of prawn Macrobrachium malcolmsonii exposed to mercuryA Yamuna
Departmentof Animal Science, Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli 620 024, India
J Environ Biol 30:693-9. 2009The juveniles of M. malcolmsonii were exposed to 24.1 microg l(-1) of Hg fora period of 21 days. The gills and hepatopancreas of test prawns were sampled and processed for electron microscopic observations...
- Cadmium induces ultrastructural changes in the hepatopancreas of the freshwater crab Sinopotamon henanenseDongmei Liu
School of Life Science, Shanxi University, Taiyuan 030006, Shanxi Province, China
Micron 47:24-32. 2013..To explore the morphological changes in the hepatopancreas, freshwater crabs Sinopotamon henanense were exposed to water-borne Cd for 72h...
- Effects of nanoparticles in Mytilus edulis gills and hepatopancreas - a new threat to marine life?Angela Koehler
Department of Biosciences, Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research, Germany
Mar Environ Res 66:12-4. 2008..In both, gills and hepatopancreas we analysed uptake of nanomaterials by transmission electronmicroscopy (TEM) in unstained ultrathin sections ..
- Differences in cysteine protease activity in Schistosoma mansoni-resistant and -susceptible Biomphalaria glabrata and characterization of the hepatopancreas cathepsin B Full-length cDNAJocelyn Myers
Department of Biology, Howard University, NW, Washington, DC 20059, USA
J Parasitol 94:659-68. 2008..Zymographs of extracts from the whole snail or hepatopancreas indicated higher proteolytic activity in resistant, compared with susceptible, snails...
- Molecular diet analysis of phyllosoma larvae of the Japanese spiny lobster Panulirus japonicus (Decapoda: Crustacea)Nobuaki Suzuki
Ishigaki Tropical Station, Seikai National Fisheries Research Institute, Okinawa, Japan
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 10:49-55. 2008..larvae of the Japanese spiny lobster Panulirus japonicus, the sources of 18S rDNA clones obtained from the hepatopancreas were investigated...
- Anoxia-induced transcriptional upregulation of sarp-19: cloning and characterization of a novel EF-hand containing gene expressed in hepatopancreas of Littorina littoreaKevin Larade
Institute of Biochemistry and Department of Biology, Carleton University, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Biochem Cell Biol 82:285-93. 2004..Differential screening of a cDNA library derived from the hepatopancreas of the marine snail Littorina littorea revealed a novel anoxia-induced gene, sarp-19 (snail anoxia-responsive ..
- Autophagic and lysosomal reactions to stress in the hepatopancreas of blue musselsMichael N Moore
Plymouth Marine Laboratory, Prospect Place, The Hoe, Plymouth PL1 3DH, UK
Aquat Toxicol 84:80-91. 2007..Finally, we discuss the possibility of low level triggering of autophagy in mussels by fluctuating environmental regimes providing a mechanism for tolerance to environmental stress...
- Snail hepatopancreatic lipase: a new member of invertebrates lipases' groupSawsan Amara
Laboratoire de Biochimie et de Genie Enzymatique des Lipases, ENIS route de Soukra, BPW 3038, Sfax, Tunisia
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 162:942-52. 2010..A lipolytic activity was located in the land snail (Eobania vermiculata) digestive glands (hepatopancreas), from which a snail digestive lipase (SnDL) was purified...
- A novel hepatopancreatic phospholipase A2 from Hexaplex trunculus with digestive and toxic activitiesZied Zarai
Laboratoire de Biochimie et de Genie Enzymatique des Lipases, ENIS, BPW 1173, Sfax, Tunisia
Arch Biochem Biophys 494:121-9. 2010A marine snail digestive phospholipase A2 (mSDPL) was purified from delipidated hepatopancreas. Unlike known digestive phospholipases A2, which are 14 kDa proteins, the purified mSDPL has a molecular mass of about 30 kDa...
- Vitellogenesis in the red crab Charybdis feriatus: Hepatopancreas-specific expression and farnesoic acid stimulation of vitellogenin gene expressionAbby Sin Chi Mak
Department of Zoology, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong SAR, P R China
Mol Reprod Dev 70:288-300. 2005..acid sequence determination revealed that several ovarian polypeptides and one polypeptide secreted by the hepatopancreas were identical to part of the C. feriatus Vg (CfVg) precursor...
- Cathepsin D from the hepatopancreas of the cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis): purification and characterizationRafik Balti
Laboratoire de Génie Enzymatique et de Microbiologie, Ecole Nationale d Ingénieurs de Sfax, Route Soukra Km 3, 5 BP 1173, 3038 Sfax, Tunisia
J Agric Food Chem 58:10623-30. 2010Cathepsin D from the hepatopancreas of cuttlefish ( Sepia officinalis ) was purified to homogeneity by precipitation with ammonium sulfate (30-60%, w/v), Sephadex G-100 gel filtration, Mono-S cation-exchange chromatography, Sephadex G-75 ..
- Bisphenol-A alters gene expression and functional parameters in molluscan hepatopancreasLaura Canesi
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita di Genova, Corso Europa 26, 16132 Genova, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 276:36-44. 2007..In this work the possible effects of BPA were investigated in the hepatopancreas of the bivalve mollusc Mytilus galloprovincialis: mussels were injected with different amounts of BPA (3-60ng/..
- Antioxidant responses and oxidative stress after microcystin exposure in the hepatopancreas of an estuarine crab speciesG L L Pinho
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Fundacao Universidade Federal do Rio Grande, R Eng Alfredo Huch 475, 96201 900 Rio Grande, RS, Brazil
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 61:353-60. 2005Antioxidant responses and oxidative stress were evaluated in the hepatopancreas of the estuarine crab Chasmagnathus granulatus (Decapoda, Brachyura) after oral microcystin administration...
- Functional annotation and analysis of expressed sequence tags from the hepatopancreas of mitten crab (Eriocheir sinensis)Hui Jiang
School of Life Science, East China Normal University, Shanghai, China
Mar Biotechnol (NY) 11:317-26. 2009..The hepatopancreas of E. sinensis is not only an important digestive organ but also an indispensable immune organ...
- Macrobrachium borellii hepatopancreas contains a mitochondrial glycerol-3-phosphate acyltransferase which initiates triacylglycerol biosynthesisM Pellon-Maison
Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquimicas de La Plata, CCT La Plata, CONICET INIBIOLP, Facultad Ciencias Médicas UNLP, Calles 60 and 120, La Plata, Argentina
Lipids 44:337-44. 2009..The mitochondrial isoform GPAT1 may have been the acyltransferase that appeared first in evolution. The hepatopancreas of the crustacean Macrobrachium borellii has a high capacity for triacylglycerol (TAG) biosynthesis and ..
- Improvement of a PCR method for the detection of necrotizing hepatopancreatitis in shrimpLinda M Nunan
Department of Veterinary Sciences and Microbiology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 80:69-73. 2008....
- Spatial and temporal variations of microcystins in hepatopancreas of a freshwater snail from Lake TaihuDawen Zhang
Donghu Experimental Station of Lake Ecosystems, State Key Laboratory of Freshwater Ecology and Biotechnology of China, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Donghu South Road 7, Wuhan 430072, People s Republic of China
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 72:466-72. 2009In this paper, spatial and temporal variations of three common microcystins (MC-RR, MC-YR, and MC-LR) in the hepatopancreas of a freshwater snail (Bellamya aeruginosa) were studied monthly in two bays of Lake Taihu...
- Copper accumulation and toxicity in isolated cells from gills and hepatopancreas of the blue crab (Callinectes sapidus)Christianne L Paganini
Program de Pós Graduação em Bióilógica, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande, Avenida Itália Km 8, 96 201 900 Rio Grande, RS, Brazil
Environ Toxicol Chem 28:1200-5. 2009..accumulation and toxicity of dissolved copper (1-100 microM) in isolated cells from posterior gills and hepatopancreas of the blue crab (Callinectes sapidus)...
- Time course of necrotizing hepatopancreatitis (NHP) in experimentally infected Litopenaeus vannamei and quantification of NHP-bacterium using real-time PCRAmanda G Vincent
Department of Coastal Sciences, The University of Southern Mississippi, Gulf Coast Research Laboratory, PO Box 7000, Ocean Springs, Mississippi 39566 7000, USA
Dis Aquat Organ 67:163-9. 2005..A total of 120 individuals were exposed per os to a 0.05 g piece of NHPB-infected hepatopancreas and 100 controls were exposed to uninfected tissue...
- Pyrene biotransformation and kinetics in the hepatopancreas of the isopod Porcellio scaberG J Stroomberg
Institute for Environmental Studies, Vrije Universiteit, De Boelelaan 1087, 1081 HV, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 47:324-31. 2004..Concentrations of 1-hydroxypyrene in the hepatopancreas were very low...
- Three goose-type lysozymes in the gastropod Oncomelania hupensis: cDNA sequences and lytic activity of recombinant proteinsShu H Zhang
State Key Laboratory of Freshwater Ecology and Biotechnology, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, Hubei Province 430072, China
Dev Comp Immunol 36:241-6. 2012..hupensis. The three lysozyme genes were expressed mainly in hepatopancreas, with relatively low expression level observed in head-foot muscle and intestine. When comparing S...
- Vitellogenesis in the sand shrimp, metapenaeus ensis: the contribution from the hepatopancreas-specific vitellogenin gene (MeVg2)Sin Yan Kung
Department of Zoology, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Biol Reprod 71:863-70. 2004..The MeVg2 is expressed only in the hepatopancreas, and the expression level of MeVg2 in adult female increases from the early vitellogenic stage, reaching a ..
- Cellular localization of calcium, heavy metals, and metallothionein in lobster (Homarus americanus) hepatopancreasP Chavez-Crooker
Laboratory of Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, Facultad Recursos de Mar, Universidad de Antofagasta, Casila 170, Antofagasta, Chile
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 136:213-24. 2003..this metal-binding protein in several organ systems in lobster and in single cell types isolated from lobster hepatopancreas. Individual lobster hepatopancreatic epithelial cell types were separated into pure single cell type ..
- Metallothionein, antioxidant enzymes and DNA strand breaks as biomarkers of Cd exposure in a marine crab, Charybdis japonicaLuqing Pan
The Key Laboratory of Mariculture, Ministry of Education, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 144:67-75. 2006..and glutathione peroxidase (GPx)) and DNA integrity (DNA strand breaks) for up to 15 days in the gills and hepatopancreas of the portunid crab Charybdis japonica...
- Molecular characterization of an epithelial Ca2+ channel-like gene from crayfish Procambarus clarkiiYongping Gao
Department of Biological Sciences, Wright State University, Dayton, OH 45435, USA
J Exp Biol 210:1813-24. 2007..Compared with expression levels in hepatopancreas, expression in gill was 10-fold greater and expression was highest in antennal gland (15-fold greater than in ..
- Hepatopancreas gluconeogenesis and glycogen content during fasting in crabs previously maintained on a high-protein or carbohydrate-rich dietGuendalina T Oliveira
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Faculdade de Biociencias, Pontificia Universidade Catolica do Rio Grande do Sul, Av Ipiranga, 6681 Pd 12, 90619 900 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 137:383-90. 2004..However, after 21 days of fasting the gluconeogenic capacity was decreased and hepatopancreas glycogen concentration was reduced...
- A reovirus disease in cultured mud crab, Scylla serrata, in southern ChinaS P Weng
State Key Lab for Biocontrol, School of Life Sciences, Zhongshan University, Guangzhou, China
J Fish Dis 30:133-9. 2007..The virus infects connective tissue cells of the hepatopancreas, gills and intestine in mud crab and develops in the cytoplasm...
- Dynamics of vitellogenin mRNA expression during vitellogenesis in the banana shrimp Penaeus (Fenneropenaeus) merguiensis using real-time PCRPharima Phiriyangkul
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand
Mol Reprod Dev 74:1198-207. 2007..A PCR product of 1.1 kb encoding the 3'-end of Vg cDNA was cloned from the hepatopancreas. Although its sequence was almost identical to that of the same region of the ovarian Vg, with only 18 ..
- The effect of dietary chitin supplementation on the survival and immune reactivity of the shore crab, Carcinus maenasAdam Powell
Department of Biological Sciences and Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture Research, University of Wales Swansea, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP, UK
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 147:122-8. 2007..Crabs fed 5 or 10% chitin had lower numbers of cultivatable bacteria in the hepatopancreas than those on the basal diet alone...
- The concentrations of antioxidant compounds in the hepatopancreas, the gills and muscle of some freshwater crayfish speciesTijana B Kovacević
Department of Physiology, Institute for Biological Research Sinisa Stankovic, 11060 Belgrade, Serbia
Acta Biol Hung 57:449-58. 2006..of vitamin E (vit E), sulphydryl groups (-SH), total protein and protein electrophoretic profiles in the hepatopancreas, the gills and muscle of three freshwater crayfish species: Noble crayfish (Astacus astacus), stone crayfish (..
- Seasonal fluctuations of tissue mercury contents in the European shore crab Carcinus maenas from low and high contamination areas (Ria de Aveiro, Portugal)E Pereira
Chemistry Department, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Mar Pollut Bull 52:1450-7. 2006The main objective was to study the seasonal variation of mercury concentrations in different tissues (muscle, hepatopancreas and gills) of Carcinus maenas from low and high Hg contaminated areas, a valuable resource in temperate ..
- Effect of waterborne copper on the microstructures of gill and hepatopancreas in Eriocheir sinensis and its induction of metallothionein synthesisZhi biao Yang
School of Agriculture and Biology, Shanghai Jiaotong University, Shanghai 201101, China
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 52:222-8. 2007..00, 0.01, 0.10, 1.00, and 5.00 mg/l) on microstructures of gill and hepatopancreas, and in inducing metallothionein (MT) synthesis were studied in Chinese mitten crab Eriocheir sinennsis...
- Sublethal effect of naphthalene on lipid peroxidation and antioxidant status in the edible marine crab Scylla serrataK Vijayavel
Department of Pharmacology and Environmental Toxicology, Dr ALM Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani, Chennai 600 113, Tamil Nadu, India
Mar Pollut Bull 48:429-33. 2004The effect of naphthalene on lipid peroxidation and antioxidants status was studied in hepatopancreas, haemolymph and ovary of the Scylla serrata with reference to the active vitellogenic stage...
- An increase of uricogenesis in the Kuruma shrimp Marsupenaeus japonicus under nitrite stressSha Yen Cheng
Life and Resource Sciences, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan, 202, ROC
J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol 303:308-18. 2005..nitrite, whereas the levels of total nucleotide-related compounds, including xanthine and hypoxanthine, in the hepatopancreas were inversely related to ambient nitrite...
- Short-term silver accumulation in tissues of three marine invertebrates: shrimp Penaeus duorarum, sea hare Aplysia californica, and sea urchin Diadema antillarumAdalto Bianchini
Departamento de Ciencias Fisiologicas, Fundacao Universidade Federal do Rio Grande, Campus Carreiros, Av Italia, Km 8, Rio Grande, RS 96201 900, Brazil
Aquat Toxicol 84:182-9. 2007..In both sea hare and shrimp, hepatopancreas silver accumulation was concentration-dependent and this organ accumulated the most silver after 48 h of ..
- Cloning and characterisation of mitochondrial manganese superoxide dismutase (mtMnSOD) from the giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergiiWinton Cheng
Department of Aquaculture, National Pingtung University of Science and Technology, Pingtung 912, Taiwan, ROC
Fish Shellfish Immunol 21:453-66. 2006A cDNA encoding a mitochondrial manganese superoxide dismutase (mtMnSOD) was cloned from the hepatopancreas of giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergii using reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) by degenerate ..
- A novel bacterial disease of the European shore crab, Carcinus maenas molecular pathology and epidemiologyFiona Eddy
Centre for Sustainable Aquaculture Research, Department of Biological Sciences, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, UK
Microbiology 153:2839-49. 2007..revealed that the causative agent associated with milky disease multiplied in the fixed phagocytes of the hepatopancreas (digestive gland), ultimately to be released into the haemolymph, where the circulating blood cells showed ..
- Histological effects of a combination of heavy metals on Pacific white shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei juvenilesMartín G Frías-Espericueta
Facultad de Ciencias del Mar, Laboratorio de Estudios Ambientales, Universidad Autonoma de Sinaloa, Paseo Claussen s n, Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Aquat Toxicol 89:152-7. 2008..05-0.005AF: application factors) caused dose- and time-dependent damages to the hepatopancreas, gills, epipodites and midgut tissues of Litopenaeus vannamei juveniles...
- Dietary copper absorption and excretion in three semi-terrestrial grapsoid crabs with different levels of terrestrial adaptationM G Sá
Department of Physiology, Instituto de Biociencias, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Cidade Universitaria, Rua do Matao, Travessa 14, 101, Sao Paulo 05508 900, SP, Brazil
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 148:112-6. 2008..degrees of terrestriality were studied to quantify the accumulation of copper (Cu) in hemolymph, gills, hepatopancreas and antennal gland, and its excretion through the faeces...
- Shrimp thioredoxin is a potent antioxidant proteinEmmanuel Aispuro-Hernandez
Centro de Investigacion en Alimentacion y Desarrollo, A C, Hermosillo, Sonora 83000, Mexico
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 148:94-9. 2008..LvTRX stands as an important antioxidant that must be considered in future physiological and immune challenges studies...
- Pattern and pathways for mercury lifespan bioaccumulation in Carcinus maenasJ P Coelho
CESAM Chemistry Department, Campus de Santiago, University of Aveiro, 3810 193 Aveiro, Portugal
Mar Pollut Bull 56:1104-10. 2008..contamination areas where the diet is the major pathway for metal uptake, with higher levels in muscle and hepatopancreas (twice as high as in gills) and higher organic mercury fractions (as high as 80-90% in muscle), crabs ..
- Heavy metal accumulation in certain marine animals along the East Coast of Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IndiaK Arun Kumar
Department of Geology, Anna University, Chennai 600 025, India
J Environ Biol 28:637-43. 2007..The bioconcentration factors revealed that the animals have accumulated heavy metals along the food chain rather than from the water column and sediment...
- Accumulation and histopathological damage in the clam Ruditapes philippinarum and the crab Carcinus maenas to assess sediment toxicity in Spanish portsM L Martín-Díaz
Departamento de Quimica Fisica, Facultad de Ciencias del Mar y Ambientales, Poligono Rio San Pedro s n, 11510 Puerto Real, Cadiz, Spain
Chemosphere 71:1916-27. 2008..The link between chemical concentration in sediments and histopathological lesions allowed the determination of SQGs for the chemicals As, Cd, Cu, Cr, Hg, Ni and Zn...
- DNA damage and cell necrosis induced by naphthalene due to the modulation of biotransformation enzymes in an estuarine crab Scylla serrataK Vijayavel
Department of Pharmacology and Environmental Toxicology, Dr A L Mudaliar Post Graduate Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, University of Madras, Taramani, Chennai 600 113, India
J Biochem Mol Toxicol 22:1-7. 2008..aryl hydrocarbon hydroxylase, glutathione-S-transferase, and UDP-glucuronyl transferase were elevated in the hepatopancreas of naphthalene-exposed crabs in comparison with control...
- Hypoxia does not promote naphthalene bioaccumulation in the brown shrimp, Penaeus aztecusRongzhong Ye
Department of Biological Sciences, Nicholls State University, Thibodaux, LA 70310, USA
Mar Pollut Bull 57:307-12. 2008..suggest that hypoxia does not significantly alter naphthalene bioaccumulation in either the gills or the hepatopancreas of P. aztecus...
- No acute toxicity to Uca pugnax, the mud fiddler crab, following a 96-h exposure to sediment-bound permethrinTodd A Stueckle
Department of Biology, West Virginia University, PO Box 6057, Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
Environ Toxicol 23:530-8. 2008..Exposure caused an induction of hepatopancreas GST in a dose-dependent manner...
- Effects of 4-nonylphenol on the endocrine system of the shore crab, Carcinus maenasChristina M Lye
School of Marine Science and Technology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, United Kingdom
Environ Toxicol 23:309-18. 2008..sexual characteristics, pheromonally mediated behavior and ecdysone levels, and the presence of vt in the male hepatopancreas) found recently in wild shore crabs (Lye et al.,2005). The study utilizes morphological (e.g...
- Cadmium uptake by the European eel: trophic transfer in field and experimental investigationsFabien Pierron
UMR CNRS 5805 EPOC, Team GEMA, Universite Bordeaux 1 and CNRS, Place du Dr Peyneau, 33120 Arcachon, France
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 70:10-9. 2008..These two complementary approaches provide some elements to suggest that the trophic route plays an important role in cadmium contamination of wild eels...
- Effects of water-borne copper on digestive and metabolic enzymes of the giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergiiNa Li
School of Life Science, East China Normal University, Shanghai, 200062, People s Republic of China
Arch Environ Contam Toxicol 55:86-93. 2008..acid phosphatase (ACP), superoxide dismutase (SOD) and glutathione-S-transferase (GST) were measured in the hepatopancreas of M. rosenbergii after 7 days of exposure to copper (Cu(2+)) concentrations ranging from 0.01 mg/L to 0...
- Antioxidant defence enzyme activities in hepatopancreas, gills and muscle of Spiny cheek crayfish (Orconectes limosus) from the River DanubeSlavica S Borković
Department of Physiology, Institute for Biological Research Sinisa Stankovic, University of Belgrade, Bulevar Despota Stefana 142, 11060 Belgrade, Serbia
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 147:122-8. 2008..glutathione reductase (GR) and the phase II biotransformation enzyme glutathione-S-transferase (GST) in the hepatopancreas, the gills and muscle of Spiny cheek crayfish (Orconectes limosus) from the River Danube and to compare tissue ..
- Molecular detection of Hematodinium spp. in Norway lobster Nephrops norvegicus and other crustaceansH J Small
Division of Environmental and Evolutionary Biology, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, UK
Dis Aquat Organ 69:185-95. 2006..infecting N. norvegicus. DNA probes detected Hematodinium parasites in heart, hepatopancreas and gill tissues from N...
- Vitamin E requirements of juvenile grass shrimp, Penaeus monodon, and effects on non-specific immune responsesMin Hsien Lee
Department of Food Science, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, ROC
Fish Shellfish Immunol 16:475-85. 2004..Vitamin E concentrations in the hepatopancreas and muscle of the shrimp were increased as the dietary vitamin E supplementation level was increased up to 200 ..
- [Effects of heavy metal ions on SOD activity of Litopenaeus vannamei hepatopancreas, gill and blood]Zhongwang Wu
Key Laboratory of Mariculture, Ministry of Education, Ocean University of China, Qingdao, China
Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao 16:1962-6. 2005..the effects of Cu2+ , Zn2+ and Cd2+ on the superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity of Litopenaeus vannamnei hepatopancreas, gill and blood...
- Dietary high protein and vitamin C mitigate stress due to chelate claw ablation in Macrobrachium rosenbergii malesS M Manush
Fish Physiology, Pharmacology and Therapeutic Cell, Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Versova, Mumbai, India
Comp Biochem Physiol A Mol Integr Physiol 142:10-8. 2005..G6Pase), fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase (FBPase), lactate dehydrogenase (LDH), Alanine aminotransferase (ALT) in hepatopancreas) were tested at different recovery periods (0, 6, 24 h, 7 and 14 days)...
- Increase of uricogenesis in the kuruma shrimp Marsupenaeus japonicus reared under hyper-osmotic conditionsSha Yen Cheng
Department of Aquaculture, College of Life and Resource Sciences, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung 202, Taiwan, ROC
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 138:245-53. 2004..including xanthine and hypoxanthine, in gill increased directly with salinity, whereas these same levels in hepatopancreas were inversely related with salinity...
- White spot syndrome virus infection decreases the activity of antioxidant enzymes in Fenneropenaeus indicusK Mohankumar
Department of Biotechnology, Life Sciences Building, University of Madras, Guindy Campus, Chennai 600 025, Tamil Nadu, India
Virus Res 115:69-75. 2006..with oxidative stress during the process of pathogenesis of WSSV in the infected tissues (hemolymph, hepatopancreas, gills and muscle) of Fenneropenaeus indicus were quantitatively determined at different time intervals post ..
- Characterization of vitellin from the ovaries of the banana shrimp Litopenaeus merguiensisJongruk Auttarat
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Prince of Songkla University, Songkla 90112, Thailand
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 143:27-36. 2006..Vg and Vt concentrations in hemolymph, hepatopancreas and ovaries were measured by ELISA...
- Molecular characterization and expression analysis of vitellogenin in the marine crab Portunus trituberculatusFan Yang
College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, 232 Wensan Road, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, 310012 PR China
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 142:456-64. 2005..Northern blotting analysis revealed that Vg was mainly expressed in hepatopancreas in vitellogensis females...
- Expression of the reproductive female-specific vitellogenin gene in endocrinologically induced male and intersex Cherax quadricarinatus crayfishAsaf Shechter
Departments of Life Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion, University of the Negev, Beer Sheva, Israel
Biol Reprod 73:72-9. 2005....
- Dynamics of vitellogenin synthesis in juvenile giant freshwater prawn Macrobrachium rosenbergiiVidya Jayasankar
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences, 1 1 Ohwashi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8686, Japan
J Exp Zool A Comp Exp Biol 305:440-8. 2006The dynamics of vitellogenin (Vg) mRNA expression and patterns of Vg and vitellin distribution in the hepatopancreas and ovary of juvenile Macrobrachium rosenbergii were examined using real-time RT-PCR and immunohistochemical methods...
- NOT STATEDMarius Brouwer; Fiscal Year: 1992..Recent work has shown that the intracellular antioxidant glutathione (GSH) in the hepatopancreas of marine crustaceans is involved in the metabolism of copper...
- BIOLOGICAL FUNCTION OF COPPER-METALLOTHIONEINMarius Brouwer; Fiscal Year: 1991..of apoHc will be carried out with a specific metallothionein, CuMT-3, that we have recently purified from the hepatopancreas of the American lobster and the blue crab...
- Estrogen Receptor-related Receptor Action in ZebrafishAnn Tarrant; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A gene map for Biomphalaria glabrata, a S. mansoni hostMatty Knight; Fiscal Year: 2009..glabrata genome. ..