Genomes and Genes
chinese herbal drugs
Summary: Chinese herbal or plant extracts which are used as drugs to treat diseases or promote general well-being. The concept does not include synthesized compounds manufactured in China.
- Cheng Y, Liao T, Lo Y, Chen Y, Kuo Y, Chen S, et al. Nortriterpene lactones from the fruits of Schisandra arisanensis. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1228-33 pubmed publisher..The antiviral activity against HSV-1 and inhibitory effects on superoxide anion generation and elastase release by human neutrophils in response to FMLP/CB of compounds 1-9 were evaluated. ..
- Pan Z, Wang Y, Li M, Xu G, Peng L, He J, et al. Terpenoids from Salvia trijuga. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1146-50 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1-10 and 32 were evaluated for their cytotoxicity against five human tumor cell lines. Compounds 9 and 32 exhibited moderate toxicity effects against several cell lines. ..
- Tian G, Lu H, Guo S, Zhang L, Fan S. Effects of Bushen Huoxue formula on the learning and memory function and the cerebral neurotransmitters in diabetic mice. J Tradit Chin Med. 2010;30:201-5 pubmed..To observe the effects of Bushen Huoxue Formula (Formula for reinforcing the kidney and activating blood circulation) on the learning and memory function and the cerebral neurotransmitters in diabetic mice...
- Huang X, Wang Y, Yin Z, Ye W. Two new dimeric secoiridoid glycosides from the fruits of Ligustrum lucidum. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2010;12:685-90 pubmed publisher..Two new secoiridoid glycosides, ligusides A and B (1 and 2), as well as seven known compounds (3-9), were isolated from the fruits of Ligustrum lucidum. Their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic and chemical analysis...
- Chen W, Wang R, Shi Y. Flavonoids in the poisonous plant Oxytropis falcata. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1398-403 pubmed publisher..Pterocarpan 3 has good radical-scavenging activity in the 1,1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl (DPPH) assay...
- Lei C, Huang S, Xiao W, Li X, Pu J, Sun H. Schisanartane nortriterpenoids with diverse post-modifications from Schisandra propinqua. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1337-43 pubmed publisher..A biosynthetic classification of these compounds is proposed on the basis of their diverse post-modifications. ..
- Zhang R, Li K, Yang J, Huang G, Yang L, Zhang Y. [Effect of Rhizoma Coptidis coadministration with Cortex Cinnamomi on tissue distribution of berberine in rats]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:2180-3 pubmed..01). The berberine concentrations increased in heart, liver and kidney, while decreased in spleen and lung. Rhizoma Coptidis coadministration with Cortex Cinnamomi can obviously change the distribution of berberine in rat organs. ..
- Liu W, Ruan Z, Bai M. [Determination of matrine in Fufang Shen'an granules by HPLC]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1818-9 pubmed..51%, RSD was 2.04% (n = 6). The method is suitable for the formulate of the quality standard with sufficient accuracy, stability and reappearance. It can be used for quality control in Fufang Shen'an particles. ..
- Zhou D, Hou Q, Si Q, Liu J, Yang H. Concentrations of the active constituents of the Tibetan folk medicine Qinjiao (Gentiana sect. Cruciata) within and between taxonomic species across the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau. Chem Biodivers. 2010;7:2088-94 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that all species of all origins can be used as reliable resource for the crude medicine Qinjiao. However, a few species contain higher concentrations of the main active constituents, irrespective of their origin...
- Shen S, Ding X, Ouyang M, Wu Z, Xie L. A new phenolic glycoside and cytotoxic constituents from Celosia argentea. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2010;12:821-7 pubmed publisher..The structures of the compounds were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic analysis and chemical methods. Among the isolated compounds, stigmasterol (10) showed moderate inhibitory activities against SGC-7901 and BEL-7404 cells. ..
- Zhou T, Yang Z, Jiang W, Ai Q, Guo P. [Variation and regularity of volatile oil constituents in fruits of national medicine Cinnamomum migao]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:852-6 pubmed..Combined with the geographical distribution, It is indicated that the volatile oil compositions in fruit of C. migao may have some relations to the specie itself characteristics and different elevations environment. ..
- Liu Y, Wang L, Li X, Lv C, Feng D, Luo Z. Tanshinone IIA improves impaired nerve functions in experimental diabetic rats. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;399:49-54 pubmed publisher..All the findings indicate the beneficial effect of tanshinone IIA on impaired nerve functions and raise the possibility of developing tanshinone IIA as a therapeutic agent for diabetic neuropathy. ..
- Fang S, Liu J, Li B. A novel 1,10-seco withanolide from Physalis peruviana. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2010;12:618-22 pubmed publisher..The structures of compounds 1-5 were determined on the basis of spectroscopic methods including extensive 1D and 2D NMR analysis. In addition, the possible biogenetic relationships among these five withanolides are discussed. ..
- Fan Y, Hu Y, Wang D, Guo Z, Zhao X, Guo L, et al. Epimedium polysaccharide and propolis flavone can synergistically stimulate lymphocyte proliferation in vitro and enhance the immune responses to ND vaccine in chickens. Int J Biol Macromol. 2010;47:87-92 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that EP and PF possessed synergistically immune enhancement, EP-PF had the best efficacy, especially at medium dose, and would be expected to exploit into a new-type immunopotentiator...
- Huang D, Huang G, Lu F. Effects of Bushenyiqihexue formula on the endometrial gland apoptosis in mice with blastocyst implantation dysfunction. J Tradit Chin Med. 2010;30:196-200 pubmed..To observe the effects of Bushenyiqihexue Formula (Formula for Tonifying the Kidney, Replenishing qi and Harmonizing Blood, FTKRQHB) on the endometrial gland apoptosis in the mice with blastocyst implantation dysfunction...
- Shi L, Liao Y, Su M, Lee A, Kuo P, Damu A, et al. Cardiac glycosides from Antiaris toxicaria with potent cardiotonic activity. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1214-22 pubmed publisher..An electrophysiological recording showed that 23 inhibited the sodium pump current in a concentration-dependent manner...
- Ma R, Wang C, Shen Y, Wang Z, Ma J, Huang L. Effect of Shenmai Injection on ventricular diastolic function in patients with chronic heart failure: An assessment by tissue Doppler imaging. Chin J Integr Med. 2010;16:173-5 pubmed publisher..05). No statistical significance was shown between groups in these parameters after treatment. TDI assessment shows that SMI could effectively improve the LVDF in CHF patients. ..
- Wu Q, Liang X. [Survey of current studies of effects of traditional Chinese medicine on nerve growth factor and diabetic peripheral neuropathy]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1896-9 pubmed..It analyzes the relationship of NGF and DPN and the effects of Traditional Chinese Medicine on them as well as the existing problems and looks into the future research in this domain. ..
- Guo A, Xie H, Choi R, Zheng K, Bi C, Xu S, et al. Galangin, a flavonol derived from Rhizoma Alpiniae Officinarum, inhibits acetylcholinesterase activity in vitro. Chem Biol Interact. 2010;187:246-8 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that flavonoids could be potential candidates for further development of new drugs against AD. ..
- Xu W, Xin F, Sha Y, Fang J, Li Y. Two new secoiridoid glycosides from Verbena officinalis. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2010;12:649-53 pubmed publisher..Their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic evidences, especially 1D, 2D NMR, and MS experiments...
- Yang G, Li Y, Wang R, Li X, Xiao W, Yang L, et al. Dibenzocyclooctadiene lignans from Schisandra wilsoniana and their anti-HIV-1 activities. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:915-9 pubmed publisher..Compounds 1-12 were evaluated for their anti-HIV activities, of which compounds 3, 6, 8, and 12 showed modest activities with therapeutic index values of 13.2, 15.6, 17.6, and 16.4, respectively. ..
- Wang Q, Tian D, Yang R. [Investigation on relationship between flavonoid content and inhibitory ability to nitrosamine synthesis for eleven Chinese herbal medicines]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1983-6 pubmed..The inhibitory ratio of synthesis of nitrosamine of flavonoids extracted from honeysuckle flower is higher than that of Vit C and rutin, and the scavenging ratio of nitrite is similar to that of Vit C. ..
- Jia X, Jia D, Shi F, Xue J, Sun E, Lan X, et al. [Study on preparation of CIT microemulsion and its absorption in intestine]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:435-8 pubmed..01). The preparation technology of CIT microemulsion was feasible,and the microemulsion system might improve the absorption of CIT in the intestinal tract. ..
- Bu Y, Zhang P, Geng D, Cao J, Li J. [Effects of electroacupuncture plus oxygenmedicine on the expression of Bcl-2 and Bax proteins in the hippocampal CA 1 area in rats with global cerebral ischemia/reperfusion injury]. Zhen Ci Yan Jiu. 2010;35:208-12 pubmed
- Ji H, Chen Q, Zhu M, Wang F. Conversional studies towards taxoids from C(19)-diterpenoid alkaloids by the BAC sequence. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2010;12:968-77 pubmed publisher..Two aconane-type diterpenes 17 and 28, the advanced intermediates for our conversional synthesis, were synthesized. The key steps include the rupture of the C(7)-C(17) bond, the formation of imine, and the denitrogenation. ..
- Meng H, Chen Y, Qin W, Tang X, Ye Z. [Determination of vaccarin in Vaccariae Semen by HPLC]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:2072-4 pubmed..81%. The results of the assay of 10 samples showed that the contents of vaccarin varied in the range of 0.46%-0.57%. The method is simple, accurate, reproducible and specific. It can be used for the quality control of Vaccariae Semen...
- Ma J, Li X, Zhang M, Li N, Zheng Q, Yang M. [Researches on relationships between main active ingredients and physical and chemical parameters of dangguibuxue decoction]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1953-6 pubmed..These preliminary results suggested that such characteristic parameters could be used to characterize the decoction quality. ..
- Wang L, Ye X, Li X, Chen Z, Chen X, Gao Y, et al. [Metabolism, transformation and distribution of Coptis chinensis total alkaloids in rat]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:2017-20 pubmed..To determine the pharmacokinetics, distribution and mutual transformation of the total alkaloids, jatrorrhizine, coptisine, berberine and palmatine from Coptis chinensis in rats...
- Weng X, Li Y, Yang Q, Wang Y, Liu X, Han X, et al. [Effects of Wuji pill compound with different compatibility on cytochrome P450 CYP3A1/3A2 in rat liver microsomes in vitro]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1164-9 pubmed..Key words] Wuji pill; CYP3A1/3A2; testosterone; HPLC; different compatibility prescription of traditional Chinese medi-cine ..
- Houssen M, Ragab A, Mesbah A, El Samanoudy A, Othman G, Moustafa A, et al. Natural anti-inflammatory products and leukotriene inhibitors as complementary therapy for bronchial asthma. Clin Biochem. 2010;43:887-90 pubmed publisher..The used extract contained Boswellia serrata, Curcuma longa and Glycyrrhiza has a pronounced effect in the management of bronchial asthma. ..
- Feng T, Li Y, Wang Y, Cai X, Liu Y, Luo X. Cytotoxic indole alkaloids from Melodinus tenuicaudatus. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1075-9 pubmed publisher..Alkaloids 1, 3, and 4 and the known compound 11-methoxytabersonine (8) exhibited inhibitory effects, with IC(50) values comparable to those of cisplatin and vinorelbine. ..
- Zhan W, Zhang X. [Preparation of sustained release microspheres containing extracts from Caulis sinomenii with polylactic acid and their release property in vitro]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:2142-5 pubmed..To prepare polylactic acid microspheres containing total alkaloid extracts of Caulis sinomenii and study their release characteristics in vitro...
- Liang Q, Xi Z, Bian Q, Cui X, Li C, Hou W, et al. Herb formula "Fufangqishe-Pill" prevents upright posture-induced intervertebral disc degeneration at the lumbar in rats. J Pharmacol Sci. 2010;113:23-31 pubmed..These results suggest that FFQSP prevents lumbar IVD degeneration induced by upright posture. FFQSP is a promising medicine for lumbar IVD degeneration disease. ..
- Jin Y, Li H, Liu P. Label-free electrochemical selection of G-quadruplex-binding ligands based on structure switching. Biosens Bioelectron. 2010;25:2669-74 pubmed publisher..So this electrochemistry method offers a simple and effective approach to identify ligands with potential anticancer activity. ..
- Du X, Wang W, Zhang S, Pu X, Zhang Q, Ye M, et al. Neuroprotective xanthone glycosides from Swertia punicea. J Nat Prod. 2010;73:1422-6 pubmed publisher..The structures of 1-5 were determined by HRESIMS and NMR spectroscopic methods. Compounds 2, 6, and 7 exhibited potent neuroprotective activity against H(2)O(2)-induced PC12 cell damage. ..
- Sun K, Hu Q, Zhou C, Xu X, Wang F, Hu B, et al. Cerebralcare Granule, a Chinese herb compound preparation, improves cerebral microcirculatory disorder and hippocampal CA1 neuron injury in gerbils after ischemia-reperfusion. J Ethnopharmacol. 2010;130:398-406 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that CG given after initiation of reperfusion is able to ameliorate cerebral microvascular dysfunction and hippocampal CA1 neuron damage caused by I/R. ..
- Liu Z, Ye T, Zhao L, Cheng Y, Luo G. [Simultaneous determination of multicomponent in Xuefuzhuyu granule with different UV-wavelength by HPLC]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:2157-60 pubmed..78% (RSD was 1.7%), 99.60% (RSD was 2.9%), 98.90% (RSD was 2.0%), and 100.31% (RSD was 1.8%), respectively. The method of quantification is accurate, rapid and reliable for the quality control of Xuefuzhuyu granule. ..
- Lin Y, Mou Y, Su C, Chiang B. Antihepatocarcinoma activity of lactic acid bacteria fermented Panax notoginseng. J Agric Food Chem. 2010;58:8528-34 pubmed publisher..It appears that ginsenoside Rg(3), ginsenoside Rh(1), and protopanaxatriol are possibly responsible for the enhanced antihepatocarcinoma activity of the P. notoginseng fermentation broth. ..
- Chen J, Lv Q, Yu M, Zhang X, Gou J. Randomized clinical trial of Chinese herbal medications to reduce wound complications after mastectomy for breast carcinoma. Br J Surg. 2010;97:1798-804 pubmed publisher..Anisodamine and S. miltiorrhiza were both effective in reducing skin flap ischaemia and necrosis after mastectomy, although anisodamine was associated with a higher rate of adverse effects. ..
- Xie Y, Tian F. [A discussion of key issues on postmarketing reevaluation of Chinese medicine]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1494-7 pubmed
- Wu J, Wang Y, Huang W, Tan R. Anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic effects of tectorigenin on hepatic stellate cells. World J Gastroenterol. 2010;16:3911-8 pubmed..Tectorigenin inhibits proliferation of HSC-T6 cells and induces apoptosis of HSC-T6 cells. ..
- Xu H, Yao H, Weng J, Xu X. [Effects of Chuankezhi injection on airway inflammation in mouse model of asthma and isolated guinea-pig airway smooth muscle]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1302-6 pubmed..CKZ can modulate airway inflammation in asthma, but has no dilation effect on the tracheal smooth muscle in guinea-pig in vitro. These results demonstrate that inhaled CKZ is not a preferred administration. ..
- He L, Chen X, Zhu Y. [Effect of reinforcing Qi strength spleen in the expression of bFGF and EGF in treating serious soft tissue injury]. Zhongguo Gu Shang. 2010;23:530-3 pubmed..The method of reinforcing Qi strength spleen can efficiently promote the expression of bFGF and EGF in raw surface of serious soft tissue injury. ..
- Hu X, Liu F, Ma R. Application and assessment of Chinese arsenic drugs in treating malignant hematopathy in China. Chin J Integr Med. 2010;16:368-77 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the mechanisms of action have been continually elucidated. ..
- Zhao Y, Xu Y, Guan Y, Xiang P. Effects of Yinian Jiangya Decoction containing serum on cytokines secretion of vascular endothelium of spontaneously hypertensive rats. Chin J Integr Med. 2010;16:344-7 pubmed publisher..The therapeutic effect of YNJYD on hypertension is attributed to its effect on regulating vessel dilation and blood coagulation, in which ET-1/NO and PAI-1/t-PA are two pairs of pivotal mediators. ..
- Wang L, Yang Y, Liu C, Chen R. Three new compounds from Morus nigra L. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2010;12:431-7 pubmed publisher..9% (P < 0.01) and 67.7% (P < 0.01) at a concentration of 10(-5) mol/l. ..
- Gong C, Huang S, Huang J, Zhang Z, Luo M, Zhao Y, et al. Effects of combined therapy of Xuezhikang Capsule and Valsartan on hypertensive left ventricular hypertrophy and heart rate turbulence. Chin J Integr Med. 2010;16:114-8 pubmed publisher..519-0.635, P<0.01). Combined therapy with XZK and Valsartan can improve hypertensive LVH and HRT parameters, and lessen the damage on the autonomous nervous system. ..
- Yuan Q, Zhang Z, Hu J, Guo L, Shao A, Huang L. Impacts of recent cultivation on genetic diversity pattern of a medicinal plant, Scutellaria baicalensis (Lamiaceae). BMC Genet. 2010;11:29 pubmed publisher..baicalensis and to evaluate the genetic impacts of recent cultivation on medicinal plants, which may be instructive to future cultivation projects of traditional Chinese medicinal plants...
- Zhao Y, Xing J, Wang X, Xue G, Dang X. [Optimization of extraction process for compund kaliziran gel with orthogonal design]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2010;35:1130-3 pubmed..multflorumi and S. sinapis albae were extract 2 times for 1 hour with 8 times of 40% alcohol. The optimum extraction processes are stable and feasible. ..
- Hou W, Su Z, Pi H, Yao G, Zhang P, Luo X, et al. Immunosuppressive constituents from Urtica dentata Hand. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2010;12:707-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, 1 possessed specific immunosuppressive property by eliciting T regulatory cells, which may provide a potential treatment strategy for autoimmune diseases...