Genomes and Genes
Summary: Three individuals derived from three FETUSES that were fertilized at or about the same time, developed in the UTERUS simultaneously, and born to the same mother.
Publications249 found, 100 shown here
- Long-term and short-term outcome after delayed-interval delivery in multi-fetal pregnanciesMeinke Rosbergen
Princess Amalia Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, Isala Clinics, P O Box 10400, 8000 GK, Zwolle, The Netherlands
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 122:66-72. 2005..To assess a possible difference in the short- and long-term outcome between infants born from a delayed-interval delivery...
- An exact nonparametric method for inferring mosaic structure in sequence tripletsMaciej F Boni
Stanford Genome Technology Center, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Genetics 176:1035-47. 2007....
- Survival of triplets who are born to teen mothers in the United StatesMonica R Alexander
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1665 University Blvd, Room 320, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:2097-102. 2004The purposes of this study were to assess survival among triplets who are born to teen mothers and to determine whether fetal number influences the mortality rates of the offspring of teen mothers when compared with the offspring of older ..
- Infant mortality among twins and triplets in rural Bangladesh in 1975-2002Nurul Alam
ICDDR, B Centre for Health and Population Research, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Trop Med Int Health 12:1506-14. 2007..Infant mortality among twins and triplets was particularly high among children who were born to young mothers (<20 years), who were the first live birth,..
- Effect of maternal height on gestational age and birth weight in nulliparous mothers of triplets with a normal pregravid body mass indexIsaac Blickstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
J Reprod Med 48:335-8. 2003To study the effect of maternal height on gestational age and birth weight of triplets born to nulliparous women with a normal pregravid body mass index (BMI).
- A new mutation of GCH1 in triplets family with dopa-responsive dystoniaN Tachi
School of Health Sciences, Sapporo Medical University, Sapporo, Japan
Eur J Neurol 18:1191-3. 2011Dopa-responsive dystonia (DRD) is associated with mutations of the GCH1. We first report four female siblings with DRD from one family, including three monozygotic triplets patients clinically and genetically.
- Parent-infant synchrony and the social-emotional development of tripletsRuth Feldman
Department of Psychology, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Dev Psychol 40:1133-47. 2004To study the social-emotional development of triplets, 23 sets of triplets, 23 sets of twins, and 23 singleton infants (N=138) were followed from birth to 2 years...
- Pyloric stenosis in in vitro fertilized triplets--is it a coincidence?Ebru Yesildag
Pediatric Surgery and Urology Center of Istanbul, Nisantasi, 80220 Istanbul, Turkey
J Pediatr Surg 40:1802-4. 2005Infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis was previously reported in multiple births, but there were only 3 triplets in the literature and all were naturally conceived...
- Trends in incidence and mortality for triplets in Norway 1967-2006: the influence of assisted reproductive technologiesA Tandberg
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
BJOG 117:667-75. 2010To assess changes in incidence rates and outcomes of triplets over 40 years with a particular focus on the influence of assisted reproductive technology (ART).
- Development of hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis in triplets infected with HHV-8William J Grossman
Division of Pediatric Hematology, Oncology, Blood, and Marrow Transplant, Medical College of Wisconsin, Children s Hospital of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
Blood 106:1203-6. 2005..These reports are, to our knowledge, the first cases of HLH in triplets and the first reported cases of HHV-8 infection associated with HLH in non-renal transplant and non-HIV-infected ..
- Parenting stress in first-time mothers of twins and triplets conceived after in vitro fertilizationCris Glazebrook
Queens Medical Centre and The University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 81:505-11. 2004..To examine psychosocial and obstetric outcomes at 1 year postpartum in first-time mothers who conceived after IVF...
- Triplets and quadruplets in Switzerland: comparison with singletons, and evolution over the last decadeRomaine Arlettaz
Neonatal Unit, University Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
J Perinat Med 31:242-50. 2003..Secondary objectives were 3) to compare the results with those of matched singletons, and 4) to compare the present data to the first Swiss study (1985-1988)...
- Mitochondrial DNA control region diversity in hairs and body fluids of monozygotic tripletsHeidi Pfeiffer
Institute of Legal Medicine, University of Munster, Röntgenstrasse 23, 48149 Muenster, Germany
Int J Legal Med 118:71-4. 2004..region II of the mitochondrial D-loop was investigated in blood, buccal cells and hair shafts of monozygotic triplets. The proportions of length heteroplasmy were determined by cloning and sequencing of multiple independent clones...
- Triplets across the first 5 years: the discordant infant at birth remains at developmental riskRuth Feldman
Department of Psychology and the Gonda Brain Sciences Center, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Pediatrics 124:316-23. 2009To examine whether the risk posed to infant development by triplet birth persists into childhood and whether growth-discordant triplets are at a particularly high developmental risk.
- Birth weight discordance in multiple gestations: occurrence and outcomesS Bagchi
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Alabama, USA
J Obstet Gynaecol 26:291-6. 2006..and the effect of birth weight discordance on fetal and neonatal mortality in multiple pregnancies (twins and triplets)...
- Perinatal and early childhood outcomes of twins versus tripletsBarbara Luke
School of Nursing and Health Studies, University of Miami, Coral Gables, Florida 33143, USA
Twin Res Hum Genet 9:81-8. 2006The purpose of this prospective cohort study of twins and triplets was to evaluate perinatal and early childhood outcomes through 18 months of age...
- Ophthalmologic follow-up of premature twins and tripletsL Tomazzoli
Institute of Ophthalmology, Borgo Trento Hospital, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 13:439-44. 2003....
- Total and individual triplet birth weights as a function of gestational ageIsaac Blickstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:1372-5. 2002..Our purpose was to determine the relationship between gestational age and both the total and individual triplet birth weights...
- A novel approach to intertriplet birth weight discordanceIsaac Blickstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaplan Medical Center and the Hadassah Hebrew University School of Medicine, Rehovot, Israel
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:1026-30. 2003..This study was undertaken to evaluate intertriplet birth weight discordance...
- Outcomes of dichorionic triplet pregnanciesStephen T Chasen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:765-7. 2002..The objective of this study was to describe outcomes in a series of dichorionic triplet pregnancies...
- Does a triplet birth pose a special risk for infant development? Assessing cognitive development in relation to intrauterine growth and mother-infant interaction across the first 2 yearsRuth Feldman
Department of Psychology and the Gonda Brain Sciences Center, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel, and Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Pediatrics 115:443-52. 2005..To examine whether a triplet birth per se poses a risk to the development of infants' cognitive competencies and to the mother-infant relationship...
- A set of male monozygotic triplets with schizophrenic psychoses: nature or nurture?C Härnryd
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 245:1-7. 1995A set of schizophrenic male monozygotic triplets is described...
- Analysis of factors affecting birthweight, birth length and head circumference: study of Japanese tripletsYoshie Yokoyama
Faculty of Health Sciences, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama City, Okayama, Japan
Twin Res Hum Genet 8:657-63. 2005..aims of this study were to identify factors associated with birthweight, birth length and head circumference for triplets, and analyze these body size parameters at birth, especially head circumference, according to gestational age...
- Anorexia nervosa in identical tripletsM S Sokol
Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE, USA
CNS Spectr 14:156-62. 2009..This case report of identical 12-year-old female triplets simultaneously concordant for AN illustrates the importance of addressing all these components in evaluation and ..
- Excess risk of mortality in very low birthweight triplets: a national, population based studyE S Shinwell
Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 88:F36-40. 2003Neonatal morbidity and mortality differ between singletons, twins, and triplets.
- Long term outcome of small versus appropriate size for gestational age co-twins/tripletsM Monset-Couchard
Hopital Cochin, 123 Bd de Port Royal, Paris 75014, France
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 89:F310-4. 2004..Some are twins/triplets with larger appropriate size for gestational age (AGA) co-twins/triplets.
- Triplets and higher-order multiple births. Time trends and infant mortalityJ L Kiely
Division of Analysis, National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD 20782
Am J Dis Child 146:862-8. 1992To describe changes in rates of higher-order multiple births (triplets and higher) between 1972 and 1989, to compare infant mortality rates in infants of higher-order multiple births and singletons born from 1983 through 1985, and to ..
- How and why are triplets disadvantaged compared to twins?Isaac Blickstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaplan Medical Center, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 18:631-44. 2004The current epidemic of triplets, a result of the widespread use of assisted reproduction, started less than two decades ago. Its full impact has been appreciated only recently...
- Preterm birth, stillbirth and infant mortality among triplet births in Canada, 1985-96K S Joseph
Department of Obstetrics and Gyneacology, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 16:141-8. 2002..4 in 1985-90 to 96.0 in 1991-96. Stillbirth rates among triplets did not change significantly and were 30.3 per 1000 total births in 1985-90 and 33...
- Twins and triplets: the effect of plurality and growth on neonatal outcome compared with singleton infantsThomas J Garite
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine, Calif, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:700-7. 2004Information on outcome by gestational age from large numbers of twins and triplets is limited and is important for counseling and decision-making in obstetric practice...
- Breast-feeding and bottle-feeding of twins, triplets and higher order multiple birthsYoshie Yokoyama
Faculty of Health Sciences, Okayama University Medical School, 2 5 1 Shikata cho, Okayama City, Okayama 700 8558, Japan
Nihon Koshu Eisei Zasshi 51:969-74. 2004This study was performed to determine the rates of breast-feeding and/or bottle-feeding in mothers of twins, triplets and higher order multiple births compared to those in mothers of singletons, and identify factors associated with ..
- Maternal and sibling microchimerism in twins and triplets discordant for neonatal lupus syndrome-congenital heart blockA M Stevens
Immunogenetics, D2 100, P O Box 19024, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave North, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Rheumatology (Oxford) 44:187-91. 2005..In this study we asked whether levels of microchimerism in the blood are associated with NLS-CHB in discordant twins and triplets.
- Monochorionic triplets after single embryo transferFrancisco Rísquez
Clínica de Fertilidad, Centro Medico Docente La Trinidad, Caracas, Venezuela
Reprod Biomed Online 9:370-1. 2004..To avoid multiple pregnancies after IVF, it is time to have definite predictive factors for the occurrence of monozygotic multiple pregnancies as well as transferring only a single embryo...
- Birth weight references for tripletsS J Min
Division of Health Care Policy and Research, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colo, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:809-14. 2004..The purpose of this study was to formulate growth references that reflect triplet fetal and neonatal populations at each gestational age by combining serial ultrasonographic estimates of fetal weights and measured birth weights...
- Normal and abnormal growth of multiplesIsaac Blickstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Semin Neonatol 7:177-85. 2002Growth curves of twins and triplets do not support a growth restriction patterns seen in singletons...
- Is it normal for multiples to be smaller than singletons?Isaac Blickstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaplan Medical Center, Rehovot, Israel
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 18:613-23. 2004..The key in these circumstances might be found in the ability to recognize the transition from the physiologic adaptation into the pathologic process of growth restriction...
- Dichorionic quadramniotic quadruple gestation with monochorionic triamniotic triplets after two embryos transfer and selective reduction to twin pregnancy: case reportYu Li
Reproductive Medicine Centre, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Second Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Fertil Steril 92:2038.e13-5. 2009To report a dichorionic quadramniotic quadruple gestation with monochorionic triamniotic triplets after intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) treatment and transfer of two embryos.
- Prevention of preterm birth in triplets using 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate: a randomized controlled trialSteve N Caritis
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Obstet Gynecol 113:285-92. 2009To assess whether 17 alpha-hydroxyprogesterone caproate reduces the rate of preterm birth in women carrying triplets.
- The near elimination of triplets in IVFJan Gerris
Centre for Reproductive Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital Ghent, De Pintelaan 185, 9000 Ghent, Belgium
Reprod Biomed Online 15:40-4. 2007..this change in policy has seen the incidence of singletons rise from 70 to 90%, twins drop from 25 to 10%, and triplets drop from 1-2% to none at all...
- Parenting and the psychological development of a representative sample of triplets conceived by assisted reproductionS Golombok
Centre for Family Research, Faculty of Social and Political Sciences, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Hum Reprod 22:2896-902. 2007The aim of the study was to examine the quality of parenting and the psychological development of three-year-old children in IVF/ICSI families with triplets.
- Multiple births: trends and patterns in Canada, 1974-1990W J Millar
Canadian Centre for Health Information, Statistics
Health Rep 4:223-50. 1992..The sharp increase in multiple-birth rates has implications for maternal and child health and health care costs...
- Multifetal reduction of triplets to twins: a prospective comparison of pregnancy outcomeP Boulot
Foetal Medicine Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Hopital Arnaud de Villeneuve, avenue du Doyen Gaston Giraud, 34 000 Montpellier Cedex, France
Hum Reprod 15:1619-23. 2000The aim of this study was to compare the outcome of triplets managed expectantly or by multifetal reduction to twins to assess the potential benefit of fetal reduction...
- Hydrops fetalis associated with homozygosity for hemoglobin Taybe (alpha 38/39 THR deletion) in newborn tripletsShmuel Arnon
Neonatal Department, Sapir Medical Center, Kfar Saba, Israel
Am J Hematol 76:263-6. 2004..We describe preterm infant triplets born with hydrops fetalis and anemia who were found by DNA analysis to be homozygous for hemoglobin Taybe...
- Neonatal lupus: fetal myocarditis progressing to atrioventricular block in tripletsV Fesslova
Department of Cardiology, Istituti Clinici di Perfezionamento, Milan, Italy
Lupus 12:775-8. 2003..Twin III developed a first-degree AV block that switched to a periodic second-degree block later, while twin II displayed only liver enzyme abnormalities...
- A comparative study of multifetal pregnancy reduction from triplets to twins in the first versus early second trimesters after detailed fetal screeningS Lipitz
Ultrasound Unit, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chaim Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 18:35-8. 2001To compare the outcome of multifetal pregnancy reduction from triplets to twins performed either early (at 11-12 weeks' gestation) or late (at 13-14 weeks).
- Monochorionic triplets following intracytoplasmic sperm injection: a report of two consecutive casesUlun Ulug
Bahceci Women Health Care Center and German Hospital at Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Gynecol Obstet Invest 57:177-80. 2004Monochorionic triplet pregnancies are very rare. Here we report 2 cases of multiple pregnancies with monochorionic triplets following intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) and day 3 embryo transfer...
- Anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic autoantibody (ANCA) profiles in propylthiouracil-induced lupus-like manifestations in monozygotic triplets with hyperthyroidismTroels Herlin
Department of Pediatrics, Skejby Sygehus, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Scand J Rheumatol 31:46-9. 2002We describe the ANCA profile of two monozygotic triplets (A and B) treated with propylthiouracil (PTU) for hyperthyroidism who developed LE-like manifestations...
- Birth weight discordance and adverse fetal and neonatal outcomes among triplets in the United StatesAndrea R Jacobs
Division of Epidemiology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey School of Public Health, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Obstet Gynecol 101:909-14. 2003..To examine the association between intratriplet birth weight discordance, fetal and neonatal mortality, and smallness for gestational age...
- Pre-natal, clonal origin of acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in tripletsJan Zuna
CLIP Childhood Leukaemia Investigation, Prague, Czech Republic
Leuk Lymphoma 44:2099-102. 2003A unique case of ALL in three monozygotic triplets diagnosed at the age of 24, 27 and 37 months is described...
- Asynchronous delivery of twins and triplets with an interval period ranging from 48 hours to 19 weeksJ M Tzafettas
2nd University Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Aristotle University, Hippokrateio Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece
Clin Exp Obstet Gynecol 31:53-5. 2004..To improve perinatal survival rates by prolonging the rest of the pregnancy after an abortion or extremely premature birth of one fetus in multiple pregnancies, especially in women with low fertility potential...
- Maternal and neonatal outcome of 93 consecutive triplet pregnancies with 71% vaginal deliverySeverine Alran
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Robert Debre Hospital, Paris, France
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 83:554-9. 2004..The aim of this study was to investigate neonatal and maternal data in a large series of triplet pregnancies as a function of the decision regarding the route of delivery...
- Triplet morbidity and mortality in a large case seriesSybil Barr
Department of Pediatrics, Georgetown University Children s Medical Center, Washington, DC 20007, USA
J Perinatol 23:368-71. 2003..This rise is of concern, as these infants are historically reported to be at risk of adverse outcome. Thus, we examined the outcome of triplet births in a large contemporary case series...
- Prospective risk of fetal death in singleton, twin, and triplet gestations: implications for practiceBronwen Kahn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:685-92. 2003..To evaluate the prospective risk of fetal death in singleton, twin, and triplet pregnancies and to compare this risk with fetal and neonatal death rates...
- Reduction of preeclampsia in multiple pregnancies by a dedicated monitoring protocolKora Hirtenlehner
Department of Obstetrics and Fetomaternal Medicine, University of Vienna, Medical Center, Vienna, Austria
J Soc Gynecol Investig 10:418-22. 2003....
- Maternal and neonatal outcome of high order gestationAdelK T Abu-Heija
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, King Faisal University, Al Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Arch Gynecol Obstet 268:15-8. 2003To study maternal and neonatal outcome of triplets, quadruplets and quintuplets gestations.
- [Multifetal pregnancy reduction of triplets to twins: a prospective comparison of pregnancy outcome]Song ying Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sir Run Run Shaw Hospital and Women s Hospital, Zhejiang University School of Medicine, Hangzhou 310016, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 83:21-3. 2003..To investigate the outcome of triplet pregnancy and the necessity and benefit of multifetal pregnancy reduction (MFPR)...
- Reducing the incidence of twins and tripletsR C Wimalasundera
Centre for Fetal Care, Queen Charlotte s and Chelsea Hospital, Du Cane Road, Hammersmith, London W12 0HS, UK
Best Pract Res Clin Obstet Gynaecol 17:309-29. 2003..pregnancies than in singletons, perinatal mortality rates are fourfold higher for twins and sixfold higher for triplets, while cerebral palsy rates are 1-1.5% in twin and 7-8% in triplet pregnancies...
- Perinatal outcome of pregnancy after GnRH antagonist (ganirelix) treatment during ovarian stimulation for conventional IVF or ICSI: a preliminary reportF Olivennes
, , Clamart, France
Hum Reprod 16:1588-91. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: In this first follow-up study, the incidence of adverse obstetrical and neonatal outcome was comparable with reported incidences for IVF-embryo transfer pregnancies...
- Multiple birth rates according to different socioeconomic levels: an analysis of four hospitals from the city of Sao Paulo, BrazilGloria M D D Colletto
Department of Parasitology, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Twin Res 6:177-82. 2003..This increase occurred mainly due to dizygotic twins and to triplets and was as high as 4.8 per thousand in 1999...
- Delay of embryo transfer to day 5 results in decreased initial serum beta-human chorionic gonadotropin levelsXingqi Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Fertil Steril 80:1359-63. 2003....
- Potentially preventable excess mortality among higher-order multiplesHamisu M Salihu
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Obstet Gynecol 102:679-84. 2003..To estimate the level of potentially preventable excess mortality achievable by avoiding the creation of higher-order multiple gestation with assisted reproductive technologies...
- Child-bearing beyond age 50: pregnancy outcome in 59 cases "a concern?"Rachana Chibber
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, King Fahd Hospital of the University College of Medicine, King Faisal University, PO Box 2208, 31952 Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Arch Gynecol Obstet 271:189-94. 2005..To study maternal and perinatal outcomes in healthy women aged 50 years and older...
- Racial disparity in stillbirth among singleton, twin, and triplet gestations in the United StatesHamisu M Salihu
Department of Maternal and Child Health and Department of Epidemiology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, 1665 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Obstet Gynecol 104:734-40. 2004We investigated the relationship between maternal race and stillbirth among singletons, twins, and triplets.
- Antepartum management and neonatal outcome of triplet pregnanciesGiovanni Zanconato
Obstetrical Unit, Department of Maternal and Child Health, Biology and Genetics, University of Verona, Policlinico Borgoroma, 37134 Verona, Italy
Arch Gynecol Obstet 271:320-4. 2005..The maternal and neonatal outcome of 27 triplet and 1 quadruplet gestations was studied at the University Hospital of Verona...
- Maternal morbidity and obstetric complications in triplet pregnancies and quadruplet and higher-order multiple pregnanciesShi Wu Wen
OMNI Research Group, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:254-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to assess the risk of maternal morbidity and obstetric complications in women with triplet pregnancies and quadruplet and higher-order multiple pregnancies...
- Too many twins, triplets, quadruplets, and so on: a call for new prioritiesCarson Strong
Department of Human Values and Ethics, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Memphis, USA
J Law Med Ethics 31:272-82. 2003
- Spontaneous embryonic loss following in vitro fertilization: incidence and effect on outcomesGiovanni B La Sala
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Arcispedale Santa Maria Nuova, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:741-6. 2004..The purpose of this study was to determine the early spontaneous loss rate in multiple pregnancies following assisted reproductive technology (ART)...
- Neonatal outcome of triplet versus twin and singleton pregnancies: a matched case control studyPraveen Ballabh
Division of Neonatology, New York Presbyterian Hospital, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 107:28-36. 2003..To determine the neonatal outcome of triplet gestations versus that of singletons and twins matched for gestational age...
- Morbidity and mortality of preterm twins and higher-order multiple birthsK Suri
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neonatology, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT 06032, USA
J Perinatol 21:293-9. 2001..cesarean section delivery rate, Apgar scores, and growth retardation were analyzed for 106 preterm HOM births (triplets and quadruplets) versus 328 preterm twins admitted to a single tertiary level neonatal intensive care unit...
- The origins and outcomes of triplet and quadruplet pregnancies in Nova Scotia: 1980 to 2001Krista A Cassell
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Am J Perinatol 21:439-45. 2004..All higher order multiple pregnancies (triplets and above) in Nova Scotia over a 22-year period (1980 to 2001) were reviewed, and the maternal and perinatal ..
- Comparative study of perinatal outcome of dichorionic and trichorionic iatrogenic tripletsRekha Bajoria
Department of Obstetrics, University of Manchester, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:415-24. 2006The purpose of this study was to compare the perinatal outcome of dichorionic and trichorionic triplets who were conceived by assisted reproductive techniques.
- Pregnancy and infant outcome of 80 consecutive cord coagulations in complicated monochorionic multiple pregnanciesLiesbeth Lewi
UZ Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:782-9. 2006..This study was undertaken to document pregnancy and infant outcome after cord coagulation with laser and/or bipolar as a technique for selective feticide in complicated monochorionic multiple pregnancies...
- [Embryo-fetal diseases in multiple pregnancies]F Colla
Dipartimento di Discipline Ginecologichee Ostetriche, Cattedra B, , Turin, Italy
Minerva Ginecol 53:113-20. 2001....
- [IVF in Sweden--continuous follow-up of children and mothers]Orvar Finnström
Barn och ungdomsmedicinska kliniken, Universitetssjukhuset, Linkoping
Lakartidningen 103:2301-5. 2006
- Contemporary risks of maternal morbidity and adverse outcomes with increasing maternal age and pluralityBarbara Luke
University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies, Coral Gables, Florida 33143, USA
Fertil Steril 88:283-93. 2007..To evaluate the risks of pregnancy complications and adverse outcomes associated with increasing maternal age and higher plurality...
- [Fetal growth in multiple pregnancy]Dietmar Schlembach
Universitatsklinik fur Frauenheilkunde und Geburtshilfe, Medizinische Universitat Graz, Graz, Osterreich
Gynakol Geburtshilfliche Rundsch 47:57-63. 2007..In multiples with growth discordance, it is necessary to consider or exclude the various causes, and if necessary the clinical follow-up has to be intensified...
- Pregnancy-induced hypertension and infant mortality in tripletsX K Chen
Clinical Epidemiology Program, Ottawa Health Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 98:10-4. 2007To assess the effects of pregnancy-induced hypertension on infant mortality in triplets stratified by gestational age at birth.
- [Perinatal results in pregnancies obtained with embryo transfer in vitro fertilization: a case-control study]Juan Carlos Barros Delgadillo
Departamento de Reproducción Asistida, Instituto Nacional de Perinatologia Isidro Espinosa de los Reyes, Lomas de Virreyes, CP, Mexico, DF
Ginecol Obstet Mex 74:626-39. 2006..Some researchers attributed these results to the increase in the number of multiple pregnancies, pregnant patients older than 35 years, and to the antecedents of infertility...
- The effect of plurality and gestation on the prevention or postponement of infant mortality: 1989-1991 versus 1999-2001Barbara Luke
University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies, Coral Gables, Florida 33143, USA
Twin Res Hum Genet 10:514-20. 2007..In general, the risk of death for twins and triplets compared to singletons decreased, and the improvement in survival was greater for multiples during the early ..
- Maternal morbidity and infant death in twin vs triplet and quadruplet pregnanciesBarbara Luke
University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies, Coral Gables, FL, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:401.e1-10. 2008..The purpose of this study was to calculate nationally representative, population-based estimates of maternal and neonatal risks in triplet and quadruplet pregnancies compared with twin pregnancies...
- Outcome of anaemic monochorionic single survivors following early intrauterine rescue transfusion in cases of feto-fetal transfusion syndromeE Quarello
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Centre Hospitalier Intercommunal de Poissy, Poissy, France
BJOG 115:595-601. 2008..To evaluate the outcome of severely anaemic monochorionic (MC) twins surviving the death of their co-twin following early intrauterine rescue transfusion in cases of feto-fetal transfusion syndrome (FFTS)...
- Fetomaternal outcome in triplet pregnancySyeda Batool Mazhar
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Unit II, Mother and Child Health Centre, Islamabad
J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 18:217-21. 2008..To determine maternal outcome as antenatal and postnatal complications and neonatal outcome as birth weight, morbidity and mortality in triplet gestation...
- Global epidemiology of multiple birthJohn Collins
McMaster University Hamilton Adjunct Clinical Professor, Dalhousie University Halifax, Canada
Reprod Biomed Online 15:45-52. 2007..The fall in triplet rates since 2000 is reassuring, but fetal reduction of high order pregnancies may be a factor in rising twin rates. Continuing attention is needed to all possible means of minimizing triplet pregnancies...
- Delayed interval delivery in multiple pregnanciesF M Van der Straeten
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, Belgium
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 99:85-9. 2001..Based on our findings and on the available literature, we propose a set of guidelines for the management of early preterm multiple birth deliveries, including tocolysis, antimicrobial therapy and corticosteroids...
- Effect of spontaneous pregnancy reduction on obstetric outcomeMichael P Steinkampf
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
J Reprod Med 50:603-6. 2005..To determine if obstetric outcome is compromised in pregnancies in which a spontaneous pregnancy reduction (SPR) occurred in the first trimester...
- Assisted reproductive technology in Europe, 1999. Results generated from European registers by ESHREK G Nygren
Hum Reprod 17:3260-74. 2002..0 to 27.7% after IVF and from 26.8 to 27.9% after ICSI. Multiple deliveries after IVF and ICSI remained unchanged at 26.3% in 1999...
- Embryo reduction versus expectant management in triplet pregnanciesA Antsaklis
First Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Alexandra Maternity Hospital, University of Athens, Greece
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 16:219-22. 2004..In triplet pregnancies, to compare pregnancy outcome of expectant management with that after embryo reduction to twins...
- Growth aberration in multiple pregnancyIsaac Blickstein
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Kaplan Medical Center, 76100 Rehovot, Israel
Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 32:39-54, viii. 2005..It is important to remember that twins and triplets have different growth patterns, and their growth should not be considered by using singleton standards...
- Neonatal outcome in pregnancies from ovarian stimulationB Kallen
Tornblad Institute, University of Lund, Sweden
Obstet Gynecol 100:414-9. 2002..The outcomes studied were multiple birth, preterm birth, and low birth weight among singletons, congenital malformations, and infant death...
- Trends in the occurrence, determinants, and consequences of multiple birthsBeatrice Blondel
Epidemiological Research Unit on Perinatal and Women s Health, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Villejuif, France
Semin Perinatol 26:239-49. 2002....
- Multifetal gestation--maternal and perinatal outcome of 112 pregnanciesAlexander Strauss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Grosshadern, University Hospital, University of Munich, Marchioninistrasse 15, D 81377 Munich, Germany
Fetal Diagn Ther 17:209-17. 2002..The aim of our study was to determine the maternal and neonatal outcome of multifetal pregnancies under a conservative pregnancy management...
- [Triplets, quadruplets and more...]Witold Malinowski
Zakład Perinatologii Instytutu Kształcenia Medycznego, As, Kielcach
Ginekol Pol 75:892-5. 2004..With the time passing, there was a growing body of legends and misunderstandings, based on exagerated histories on their births. Based on world literature, the super multiple births are analyzed...
- Routine cervical cerclage in higher order multiple gestation -- does it prolong the pregnancy?Alexander Strauss
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Grosshadern, University of Munich, Germany
Twin Res 5:67-70. 2002..Birth weight revealed a 200 g dominance for the "no cerclage-triplets", while this significant difference was inverted for quadruplets/quintuplets (1245 g vs. 1069 g)...
- Is peripartum hysterectomy more common in multiple gestations?Karrie Francois
Phoenix Perinatal Associates and Banner Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Scottsdale, Arizona 85255, USA
Obstet Gynecol 105:1369-72. 2005..To compare the occurrence of peripartum hysterectomy between singleton and multiple gestations...
- Higher order multiple pregnancies in New South Wales 1990-1999Christine L Roberts
New South Wales Centre for Perinatal Health Services Research, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Sydney, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 42:51-4. 2002..To examine higher order multiple pregnancy and birth rates in NSW, and to describe trends in the characteristics and management of these births...
- Low and very low birth weight in infants conceived with use of assisted reproductive technologyLaura A Schieve
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
N Engl J Med 346:731-7. 2002..It is uncertain, however, whether singleton infants conceived with the use of assisted reproductive technology may also have a higher risk of low birth weight than those who are conceived spontaneously...
- Impact of fetal reduction on the incidence of gestational diabetesEyal Sivan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Israel
Obstet Gynecol 99:91-4. 2002..To estimate the rate of gestational diabetes in triplet pregnancies and to assess the impact of fetal reduction on the incidence of this complication...
- Perinatal mortality associated with abruptio placenta in singletons and multiplesHamisu M Salihu
Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 193:198-203. 2005..This study was undertaken to investigate the association among plurality (number of fetuses per pregnancy), abruptio placenta, and perinatal mortality...
- Multiple pregnancies after assisted reproduction--international comparisonRicardo E Felberbaum
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Clinic of Kempten, Oberallgäu, Academic Teaching Hospital, University of Ulm, Germany
Reprod Biomed Online 15:53-60. 2007..However, the incidence of multiples has not increased...
- Assisted reproductive technology surveillance--United States, 2006Saswati Sunderam
Division of Reproductive Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
MMWR Surveill Summ 58:1-25. 2009..g., pregnancy complications, premature delivery, low-birthweight infants, and long-term disability among infants). This report presents the most recent national data and state-specific results...
- Assisted reproductive technology surveillance - United States, 2004Victoria Clay Wright
Division of Reproductive Health National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Atlanta, GA 30341, USA
MMWR Surveill Summ 56:1-22. 2007..Multiple births are associated with increased risk for mothers and infants (e.g., pregnancy complications, premature delivery, low-birthweight infants, and long-term disability among infants)...
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver NICHD Maternal Fetal Medicine Units NetworkEdward K Chien; Fiscal Year: 2013..and prevention of preterm birth (Preterm Prediction Study, 17-OH progesterone in singletons, twins, and triplets, omega-3 supplements, antibiotics for asymptomatic bacterial vaginosis and T...
- Womb to womb: Programming reproductive development in the female marmoset monkeyJulienne N Rutherford; Fiscal Year: 2013..Marmoset monkeys display natural variation in litter size, with twins and triplets being common...
- Technologies for mapping interspersed AGG sequences in the FMR1 geneLIANGJING CHEN CHEN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The normal FMR1 gene contains up to 40 CGG triplets in the 52 UTR, while the penetrant, full mutation gene is characterized by greater than 200 repeats, ..
- POSTMORTEM NEUROCHEMICAL STUDIES IN SUICIDEVictoria Arango; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose a study of matched triplets (n=15) of an MDD suicide, an MDD nonsuicide and a nonpsychiatric nonsuicide control, all unmedicated and ..
- Fragile X pre-mutation and ovarian insufficiencyKatherine F Roby; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mutational expansion of the number of CGG repeats to greater than 200 triplets leads to Fragile X Syndrome...
- iPS Cells for Investigation of HDL2 and HD PathogenesisRussell L Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2013..HDL2 is caused by a CTG/CAG expansion on chromosome 16q24. Normal alleles contain 6-28 triplets, while pathogenic repeats range from 40-59 triplets, again remarkably similar to HD...
- Centrosome structure and mechanism of MT nucleation by gamma-tubulin complexesDavid A Agard; Fiscal Year: 2013..tubulin components: Our cryoEM tomography of basal bodies revealed new non-tubulin structures decorating the triplets. We propose a combination of SIM and STORM microscopy and cryoTomography to determine the molecular identity of ..
- Bridging Sequence Patterns and Structural DynamicsIvet Bahar; Fiscal Year: 2011..provide a highly informative description of conservation behavior and secondary structural propensities, while triplets of residues (3-grams) distinguished by their unique/rare natural occurrences appear to impart specificity...
- Predicting Prostate Cancer AggressivenessSimon W Hayward; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mathematical modeling will generate a library of network triplets (i.e...
- Pathogenic Mechanisms of Cell-Derived Abeta OligomersDennis J Selkoe; Fiscal Year: 2011..Relevance to Public Health: Because our central hypothesis is that the earliest-forming "oligomers" (doublets, triplets, etc...
- Anchor: A PDB-Wide And Web-Based Discovery Resource Of Small Molecular Weight ProALEXANDER SIEGFRIED contact DOEMLING; Fiscal Year: 2010..classify the PDB based on their drug-like susceptibility such as single anchors or higher motifs, doublets and triplets of amino-acids;(b) develop a unique set of anchor- analogs for the 20 amino acids and a database of >100 small ..
- Comprehensive aneuploidy diagnosis in single cellsNury Steuerwald; Fiscal Year: 2005..However, this practice has often led to high order pregnancies (triplets, etc) and result in increased risk of congenital abnormality for the children and health risks for the mother...
- Determining the Structure, Function and Regulation of Dynein and FlagellaDaniela Nicastro; Fiscal Year: 2013..regulatory complex, (2) the I1 inner dynein complex, and (3) radial spoke 3 in organisms with radial spoke triplets. The project uses a multi-disciplinary approach and cutting-edge techniques, combining in situ molecular imaging ..
- Aging and the Cognitive and Neural Bases of Implicit Associative LearningJames H Howard; Fiscal Year: 2013..These hypotheses will be tested by conducting behavioral and neuroimaging studies, using a recently developed triplets-learning-task (TLT). Aim 1 is to characterize age differences in implicit probabilistic associative learning...
- BIGDATA: Mid-Scale: DA : Collaborative Research Big Tensor Mining TheoryChristos Faloutsos; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Given triplets of facts (subject-verb-object), like ('Washington''is the capital of 'USA'), can we find patterns, new objects, new verbs, anomalies? Can we correlate with ..
- MECHANISMS & REGULATION OF PROTEIN SYNTHESISALBERT WAHBA; Fiscal Year: 1992..experiments will allow us to determine the relative affinity of these proteins for mRNA cap analogs and different triplets. The effect of ATP, Mg2+, and polyamines on these reactions will be determined...
- BILE SECRETION AND INTRACELLULAR CA2+ SIGNALSMichael Nathanson; Fiscal Year: 1999..elicited by microinjection of specific agonists and antagonists into isolated rat hepatocytes within couplets and triplets, and Ca2+ signals will be detected in these cells using confocal microscopy. 2...
- DEVELOPMENTAL POTENTIAL OF MARMOSET ES CELLSJames Thomson; Fiscal Year: 2000..characteristics for experimental embryology, including a short generation time, the routine birth of twins and triplets, and a prostaglandin sensitive corpus luteum that allows synchronization of reproductive cycles and efficient ..
- Encoding Semantic Knowledge in Vector Space for Biomedical InformationTrevor Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2011..Semantic Indexing (PSI), a vector-based model which encodes knowledge in the form of object-relation-object triplets (or predications) extracted from MEDLINE by the SemRep system, into vector space...
- Pathophysiology of DystoniaMahlon Delong; Fiscal Year: 2004..for this young-onset, limb-onset dystonia has been named DYT1, is due to the deletion of one of a pair of GAG triplets in the gene for torsin A located on the long arm of chromosome 9. Little is known about the function of torsin A...
- Triplet Repeat Instability in Human Tissue Culture CellsBrian Farrell; Fiscal Year: 2007..Also, TNR expansions are a unique form of mutation in which repeating triplets of nucleotides linearly amplify themselves between successive generations...
- Interneurons and Their Role in Primate DLPFCLEONID KRIMER; Fiscal Year: 2007..patch clamp electrophysiological recordings from up to 8 neurons, providing a high yield of connected cell pairs, triplets and quadruplets...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF NEURODEVELOPMENT IN MULTIPLE BIRTHSLouise Kuhn; Fiscal Year: 2001..predictors of later severe motor and cognitive disability) will be investigated in a cohort of 443 twins and triplets, weighing less than 1500 grams at birth (155 complete sets of 334 infants)...
- TRINUCLEOTIDE REPEATS, NEURODEVELOPMENT, AND DISEASERussell Margolis; Fiscal Year: 1999..g., CAG CAG CAG CAG CAG CAG CAG) within a region of genomic DNA. Increase in the number of triplets contained within a repeat is a new form of human genetic mutation, known as an expansion mutation...
- Dystonia WorkshopsMahlon Delong; Fiscal Year: 2006..years ago by DMRF-funded investigators and mutation of this gone (DYT1) with the deletion of a single pair of GAG triplets leads to an altered gene product, torsin A...
- STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF HUMAN NEUROCHEMICAL MAPSSteven Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2001..Moreover, brains in neurochemical mapping studies are often matched in pairs, triplets, etc. Such data can be analyzed using the "mixed linear model...
- SCHIZOPHRENIA OUTCOMES MODULE ENHANCEMENT AND VALIDATIONEllen Fischer; Fiscal Year: 1999..the initial field test for the prototype SCHIZOM, from a complementary RAND dataset, and from interviews with 25 "triplets" consisting of an individual with schizophrenia, a family member/friend, and a mental health care provider...
- MODIFIELD OLIGONUCLEOTIDES IN TRIPLE HELIX FORMATIONGANAPATHI REVANKAR; Fiscal Year: 1992..is that binding of the third strand to its duplex DNA target is pH independent and is stabilized by GGC and TAT triplets such that the preferred orientation places the bound TFO antiparallel with respect to more purine rich strand of ..
- HEALTH PROMOTION THROUGH BLACK CHURCHESKen Resnicow; Fiscal Year: 2004..Fifteen churches will participate in this study and will be matched in triplets based on denomination, size and income prior to randomization...
- PROGRAM HEAL--Activating the Lives of Older AdultsJohn Morris; Fiscal Year: 2004..Making use of existing staffing at three triplets of matched facilities, the intervention will be implemented within the confines of a quasi-experimental trial, ..
- NEUROFILAMENTS--BIOCHEMISTRY AND ASSEMBLYFUNG CHOW CHIU; Fiscal Year: 1992..Antisera specific to the 66 kD protein that do not crossreact with any of the neurofilament triplets have been prepared and they microscopy and in EM to localized this protein...
- MODIFIED NUCLEOSIDES IN TRIPLEX FORMING OLIGONUCLEOTIDESGANAPATHI REVANKAR; Fiscal Year: 1992..is that binding of the third strand to its duplex DNA target is pH independent and is stabilized by GGC and TAT triplets such that the preferred orientation places the bound TFO antiparallel with respect to the more purine rich strand ..
- HEALTHY FOR LIFE:EFFICACY TEST OF TWO PROGRAM VERSIONSDOUGLAS PIPER; Fiscal Year: 1991..The research uses an experimental design in which 18 middle schools will be randomly assigned from matched triplets to one of two treatment conditions or a control condition...
- IMPROVED TRIPLE HELIX FORMING OLIGONUCLEOTIDESRoss Durland; Fiscal Year: 1992..TFOs consisting of guanosine and thymidine residues that bind to duplex DNA, forming a series of GGC and TAT base triplets, are being studied...
- Plurality and Contemporary Infant Mortality RisksBarbara Luke; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Maternal Morbidity and Mortality in Multiple PregnancyBarbara Luke; Fiscal Year: 2006..multiple births has risen dramatically since 1980, with an 83% increase in twins and more than a 453% increase in triplets and higher-order births (quadruplets and quintuplets)...
- TRINUCLEOTIDE REPEATS AND NEUROLOGIC DISEASERussell Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2004..Overall, the proposed experiments will enable a systematic test for CAG/CTG expansion mutations in a variety of devastating neurodegenerative diseases. ..
- A Mouse Model of RNA-induced NeurotoxcityRussell Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2008..Finding the points of pathogenic convergence in these diseases may provide novel leads for the development of rational therapeutics. ..
- Sound Source Segregation and the Cocktail Party Problem in a Non-human VertebrateMARK BEE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- INHIBITION OF HIV GENE TRANSCRIPTION BY SMALL MOLECULESJOEL GOTTESFELD; Fiscal Year: 2004..Given our success in inhibition of virus replication in cell culture, we propose collaborative preclinical studies with the Mosier laboratory to determine the effectiveness of polyamides in the human PBL-SCID mouse model. ..
- FUNCTIONAL NEUROIMAGING STUDIES OF SPEECH PROSODYJackson Gandour; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- SMALL MOLECULE REGULATION OF BREAST CANCER EXPRESSIONJOEL GOTTESFELD; Fiscal Year: 2002..Toxicity of the polyamides will be assessed in cell-based assays and non-specific effects of the polyamides on genome-wide gene expression will be monitored using high density DNA array/hybridization methodology. ..
- Specificity of Protein-DNA/RNA InteractionsJOEL GOTTESFELD; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, understanding the basis for nucleic acid recognition and dimerization specificity may provide the necessary background for development of the novel therapeutic approaches. ..
- UC4 AP4 Cancer Therapy CenterPaul Bunn; Fiscal Year: 2004..Chan, PI); 2) vaccine/ DNAI/ RNA therapy (R. Garcea, PI); 3) angiogenic inhibitors/ PK/ PD modeling (S.G. Eckhardt, PI); and 4) chemoprevention agents (R. Nemenoff, PI). ..
- TEMPORAL PROPERTIES OF AUDITORY MASKINGSID BACON; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary goal of this line of research is to gain a better understanding of the processing underlying this change in response growth. ..
- Mechanism of ribosomal subunit joining in eukaryotesTatyana Pestova; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- OTITIS MEDIA EFFECT ON THE BALANCE SYSTEMMargaretha Casselbrant; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Collaborative Study of Genetics of Dizygotic TwinningGrant Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2006..Significant associations will be tested in additional cases and their parents using the transmission disequilibrium test. ..
- Mechanisms of myometrial healing and regenerationCatalin Buhimschi; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Changes in Tumor DNA Methylation with DecitabineDavid Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2006..This preliminary look at individual genes may provide a molecular rationale for future decitabine therapeutic studies in specific relevant tumor types. ..
- Genetic Epidemiology of Otitis MediaMargaretha Casselbrant; Fiscal Year: 2006..This may enable us to better understand the pathophysiology of OM and thus develop better methods for its prevention and treatment. ..
- Treatment of Early Stage Multiple MyelomaS Rajkumar; Fiscal Year: 2006..BM angiogenesis will be studied using immunostaining (IHC) for CD34 and an in vitro human angiogenesis assay. VEGF expression will be studied using IHC and quantitative RT-PCR. ..
- Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors as Therapeutics for Friedreich's ataxiaJOEL GOTTESFELD; Fiscal Year: 2007..We are developing small molecules to reverse this effect, with the hope that these molecules may be therapeutic for FRDA. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Small molecule therapeutics for Friedreich's ataxiaJOEL GOTTESFELD; Fiscal Year: 2005..The effects of polyamides on cellular frataxin protein will be determined by western blotting, and the genome-wide effects of polyamide treatment will be assessed by DNA microarray analysis. ..
- Cognitive and neural distinction between relational and item-specific encodingROBERT BLUMENFELD; Fiscal Year: 2008..Research that examines how memory encoding processes operate in the brain can help develop more effective diagnostic and therapeutic approaches for individuals with memory disorders. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Polyamide-Chl inhibition of cancer cell proliferationJOEL GOTTESFELD; Fiscal Year: 2009..The mechanism of inhibition of transcription by polyamides will be assessed both in vitro, in cell culture and in animal models...
- Mechanism of Action of Inhibitory CpG OligonucleotidesPetar Lenert; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Oral Feeding in InfantsChantal Lau; Fiscal Year: 2009..The secondary outcomes will be attainment of specific feeding milestones at 3, 6, 12, 18, and 24 months corrected age. ..
- Identifying Susceptibility Genes for EndometriosisGrant Montgomery; Fiscal Year: 2009..Knowledge of the susceptibility genes in endometriosis will lead to better diagnosis and more targeted treatments based upon a clearer understanding of the aberrant cellular and molecular mechanisms. ..
- Small Molecular Therapeutics for Friedreich's AtaxiaJoel M Gottesfeld; Fiscal Year: 2010..These repeats inactivate the gene, and we have developed small molecules that reverse this inactivation by targeting the GAA repeats. ..
- SEER - a novel method for the detection of genetic sequencesDavid J Segal; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here we propose to optimize the systems (Aim 1) and examine specific aspects of their detection capabilities using biologically relevant targets in vitro and in living cells (Aims 2-5). ..
- The Genetics of Specific Language ImpairmentJAMES TOMBLIN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The phenotypes and endophenotypes from these individuals will then be used in conjunction with the existing genotyping for additional genome-wide screens and further follow-up fine mapping studies. ..