Genomes and Genes
Summary: The type species of the genus HANTAVIRUS infecting the rodent Apodemus agrarius and humans who come in contact with it. It causes syndromes of hemorrhagic fever associated with vascular and especially renal pathology.
Publications197 found, 100 shown here
- Pathogenic hantaviruses Andes virus and Hantaan virus induce adherens junction disassembly by directing vascular endothelial cadherin internalization in human endothelial cellsElena Gorbunova
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Stony Brook University, Life Sciences Room 126, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5222, USA
J Virol 84:7405-11. 2010..and the internalization of VE-cadherin within endothelial cells infected by pathogenic Andes virus (ANDV) and Hantaan virus (HTNV) and nonpathogenic Tula virus (TULV) hantaviruses...
- Cellular immune response to Hantaan virus nucleocapsid protein in the acute phase of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome: correlation with disease severityMeiliang Wang
Department of Immunology, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
J Infect Dis 199:188-95. 2009The cellular immune response to Hantaan virus (HTNV) is incompletely understood, especially in humans.
- Inactivation of Hantaan virus-containing samples for subsequent investigations outside biosafety level 3 facilitiesAnnette A Kraus
Institut fur Virologie, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Charite Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Intervirology 48:255-61. 2005....
- A Phase 1 clinical trial of Hantaan virus and Puumala virus M-segment DNA vaccines for hemorrhagic fever with renal syndromeEllen F Boudreau
US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Frederick, MD, United States
Vaccine 30:1951-8. 2012..These results demonstrate that the HTNV and PUUV DNA vaccines are safe and can be immunogenic in humans when delivered by PMED...
- Structural studies of Hantaan virusAnthony J Battisti
Department of Biological Sciences, Purdue University, 915 W State Street, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2054, USA
J Virol 85:835-41. 2011b>Hantaan virus is the prototypic member of the Hantavirus genus within the family Bunyaviridae and is a causative agent of the potentially fatal hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome...
- Landscape elements and Hantaan virus-related hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome, People's Republic of ChinaLei Yan
State Key Laboratory of Remote Sensing Science, IRSA CAS, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Emerg Infect Dis 13:1301-6. 2007..information system and remote sensing techniques, was applied to increase our understanding of HFRS due to Hantaan virus and its relationship with landscape elements in China...
- Genetic susceptibility to haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome caused by Hantaan virus in Chinese Han populationM L Wang
Department of Immunology, Fourth Military Medical University, 17 Changle West Road, Xi an, China
Int J Immunogenet 36:227-9. 2009..8%, P = 0.018, OR = 3.76) in patients with haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) compared to the control group, suggesting Hantaan virus-induced HFRS is associated with a genetic predisposition in the Chinese Han population.
- Hantavirus causing hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome enters from the apical surface and requires decay-accelerating factor (DAF/CD55)Ellen Krautkrämer
Department of Nephrology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 162, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Virol 82:4257-64. 2008..These results demonstrate that the Old World hantaviruses Hantaan and Puumala enter polarized target cells from the apical site and that DAF is a critical cofactor for infection...
- Environmental risk factors for haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in a French new epidemic areaJ F Viel
CNRS no 6249 Chrono Environment, Faculty of Medicine, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, 2 Place Saint Jacques, Besancon, France
Epidemiol Infect 139:867-74. 2011..Concerted efforts that combine reservoir monitoring, surveillance, and investigation of human cases are warranted to better understand the epidemiological patterns of HFRS in this area...
- Acute kidney injury in patients with hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome caused by Hantaan virus: comparative evaluation by RIFLE and AKIN criteriaDan Han
Department of Infectious Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, People s Republic of China
Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis 11:723-30. 2011..AKI) is one of the most prominent characteristics of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) caused by Hantaan virus. The present study evaluated the incidence and severity of AKI classified by both the RIFLE and AKIN criteria ..
- Phase I evaluation of the safety and pharmacokinetics of a single-dose intravenous injection of a murine monoclonal antibody against Hantaan virus in healthy volunteersRong Xu
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, People s Republic of China
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 53:5055-9. 2009Anti-Hantaan virus monoclonal antibody (AHM) is a murine monoclonal antibody against Hantaan virus being developed for the treatment of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome...
- Hantaan virus enters cells by clathrin-dependent receptor-mediated endocytosisMirim Jin
Division of Life Science and Graduate School of Biotechnology, Korea University, 1, 5 Ka, Anam Dong, Sungbuk Gu, Seoul 136 701, Korea
Virology 294:60-9. 2002The cellular entry of Hantaan virus (HTN) occurs through interactions with beta(3) integrins as cellular receptors. However, the process of HTN infection following attachment to the cell surface is not well understood...
- Dysregulation of the β3 integrin-VEGFR2 complex in Hantaan virus-directed hyperpermeability upon treatment with VEGFWei Wang
Center of Infectious Diseases, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Arch Virol 157:1051-61. 2012..In this study, we show that VEGF dramatically enhances Hantaan virus (HTNV)-directed permeability and increases the reorganization of the cytoskeleton and the disruption of ..
- Identification of three novel CTL epitopes within nucleocapsid protein of Hantaan virusMeiliang Wang
Center for Experimental Medicine, Lanzhou General Hospital, Lanzhou Military Command, Lanzhou, China
Viral Immunol 24:449-54. 2011b>Hantaan virus (HTNV) is a member of the Hantavirus genus that causes human hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) in humans...
- Peptide antagonists that inhibit Sin Nombre virus and hantaan virus entry through the beta3-integrin receptorRichard S Larson
UNM School of Medicine, 2325 Camino de Salud, CRF 223, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
J Virol 79:7319-26. 2005..displayed the greatest potency and had significant sequence similarity) for their abilities to inhibit SNV, Hantaan virus (HTNV), and Prospect Hill virus (PHV) infection...
- The genetic polymorphisms of HLA are strongly correlated with the disease severity after Hantaan virus infection in the Chinese Han populationYing Ma
Department of Immunology, The Fourth Military Medical University, 169 Changle West Road, Xi an 710032, China
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:308237. 2012..is a genetic factor that influences the progression of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) after Hantaan virus (HTNV) infection, was incompletely understood...
- Hantaan virus surveillance targeting small mammals at Dagmar North Training Area, Gyeonggi Province, Republic of Korea, 2001-2005Terry A Klein
Force Health Protection and Preventive Medicine, 65th Medical Brigade U S Army MEDDAC Korea, Unit 15281, APO AP 96205 5281, USA
J Vector Ecol 36:373-81. 2011..1%), and Microtus fortis (1.1%). Three species of rodents were found to be antibody-positive (Ab+) for Hantaan virus (HTNV): A. agrarius (22.3%), M. musculus (9.1%), and M. fortis (5.0%). Ab+ rates for A...
- Alpha/beta interferon (IFN-alpha/beta)-independent induction of IFN-lambda1 (interleukin-29) in response to Hantaan virus infectionMalin Stoltz
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, SE 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Virol 84:9140-8. 2010..Here, we show that in Hantaan virus (HTNV)-infected human epithelial A549 cells, induction of IFN-lambda1 preceded induction of MxA and IFN-beta ..
- Hantaviruses in rodents and humans, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, ChinaYong zhen Zhang
Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Changping, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Emerg Infect Dis 15:885-91. 2009..Phylogenetic analysis of hantaviral genome sequences suggests that HFRS has been caused mainly by Hantaan virus in northeastern Inner Mongolia and by Seoul virus in central and western Inner Mongolia.
- Analysis of the immune response to Hantaan virus nucleocapsid protein C-terminal-specific CD8(+) T cells in patients with hemorrhagic fever with renal syndromePing Zhong Wang
Center of Infectious Diseases, Tangdu Hospital, Shaanxi Province, China
Viral Immunol 22:253-60. 2009b>Hantaan virus (HTNV), the prototype member of the Hantavirus genus in the family Bunyaviridae, causes hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS), which is characterized by capillary leakage, hemorrhage, and renal injury, and is an ..
- Gold nanoparticle enhanced immuno-PCR for ultrasensitive detection of Hantaan virus nucleocapsid proteinLongyan Chen
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Science, Wuhan, PR China
J Immunol Methods 346:64-70. 2009..which was modified from the recent developed bio-barcode assay (BCA) technique, was developed to detect Hantaan virus nucleocapsid protein (HNP)...
- Hantaan virus induces toll-like receptor 4 expression, leading to enhanced production of beta interferon, interleukin-6 and tumor necrosis factor-alphaHong Jiang
Center of Diagnosis and Treatment for Infectious Diseases, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi Province, China
Virology 380:52-9. 2008b>Hantaan virus (HTNV) infects endothelial cells and is associated with increased vascular permeability during hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS). The pattern of increased vascular permeability is mediated by immune response...
- Dynein-dependent transport of the hantaan virus nucleocapsid protein to the endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi intermediate compartmentHarish N Ramanathan
Graduate Program in Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Virol 81:8634-47. 2007..Herein, we examine the intracellular trafficking and morphogenesis of the prototype Old World hantavirus, Hantaan virus (HTNV)...
- Ribavirin reveals a lethal threshold of allowable mutation frequency for Hantaan virusDONG HOON CHUNG
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2000 9th Avenue South, Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
J Virol 81:11722-9. 2007..Previously we have shown a lack of correlation between antiviral activity and GTP repression for Hantaan virus (HTNV) and evidence for RBV's ability to promote error-prone replication...
- Expression of interferon inducible genes following Hantaan virus infection as a mechanism of resistance in A549 cellsJae Hwan Nam
Department of Virology, Korean National Institute of Health, Seoul 122 701, Korea
Virus Genes 26:31-8. 2003b>Hantaan virus (HTN) is a causative agent of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS). Little is known of its pathogenesis or the molecular mechanisms underlying resistance to HTN infection...
- DNA vaccination with the Hantaan virus M gene protects Hamsters against three of four HFRS hantaviruses and elicits a high-titer neutralizing antibody response in Rhesus monkeysJ W Hooper
Virology Division, United States Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Virol 75:8469-77. 2001Four hantaviruses-Hantaan virus (HTNV), Seoul virus (SEOV), Dobrava virus (DOBV) and Puumala virus-are known to cause hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) in Europe and Asia...
- The in vitro and in vivo protective activity of monoclonal antibodies directed against Hantaan virus: potential application for immunotherapy and passive immunizationZhikai Xu
Department of Microbiology, the Fourth Medical University of PLA, Xi an, 710032, People s Republic of China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 298:552-8. 2002b>Hantaan virus (HTNV), a member of the genus Hantavirus, family Bunyaviridae, is an etiologic agent causing a serious human disease, hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS), with a mortality as high as 15% and is also a potential ..
- The RNA binding domain of the hantaan virus N protein maps to a central, conserved regionXiaolin Xu
Graduate Program in Molecular Biology, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, New Mexico 88003, USA
J Virol 76:3301-8. 2002..To define the domain within the Hantaan virus (HTNV) N protein that mediates these interactions, 14 N- and C-terminal deletion constructs were cloned into a ..
- Hantavirus-like particles generated in CHO cells induce specific immune responses in C57BL/6 miceChuan Li
State Key Laboratory for Molecular Virology and Genetic Engineering, National Institute for Viral Disease Control and Prevention, China CDC 100 Ying Xin Jie, Xuan Wu Qu, Beijing 100052, China
Vaccine 28:4294-300. 2010..To measure the immunogenicity of Hantaan virus-like particles (HTN-VLPs) vaccine, we generated recombinant HTN-VLPs by co-expressing Hantaan virus ..
- Quality control measures for the serological diagnosis of hantavirus infectionsStefan S Biel
Robert Koch Institut, Nordufer 20, 13353 Berlin, Germany
J Clin Virol 28:248-56. 2003..Improving the diagnostics of these infections is the most important step in detecting the pathogens and dealing with them, and for this purpose, quality control measures are essential tools...
- The Hantaan virus glycoprotein precursor is cleaved at the conserved pentapeptide WAASAC Lober
Institut fur Virologie, Robert Koch str 17, Marburg, D 35037, Germany
Virology 289:224-9. 2001..We have demonstrated here the expression of the glycoprotein precursor of Hantaan virus following transfection of mammalian cells...
- Molecular diversity and phylogeny of Hantaan virus in Guizhou, China: evidence for Guizhou as a radiation center of the present Hantaan virusYang Zou
Institute for Communicable Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Changping Liuzi 5, 102206 Beijing, PR China
J Gen Virol 89:1987-97. 2008To gain further insight into the molecular epidemiology of Hantaan virus (HTNV) in Guizhou, China, rodents were captured in this region in 2004 and 2005. In addition, serum samples were collected from four patients...
- Ex vivo stability of the rodent-borne Hantaan virus in comparison to that of arthropod-borne members of the Bunyaviridae familyJ Hardestam
Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, S 171 82 Solna, Sweden
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:2547-51. 2007..we have compared the stabilities of three viruses within the Bunyaviridae family: the rodent-borne Hantavirus Hantaan virus (HTNV), the sand fly-borne Phlebovirus sandfly fever Sicilian virus (SFSV), and the tick-borne Nairovirus ..
- A new model of Hantaan virus persistence in mice: the balance between HTNV infection and CD8(+) T-cell responsesKoichi Araki
Department of Environmental Veterinary Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Virology 322:318-27. 2004..persistence model that involves the adoptive transfer of spleen cells from immunocompetent mice (H-2(d)) into Hantaan virus (HTNV)-infected severe combined immunodeficient (SCID, H-2(d)) mice...
- [Identification of a functional ITAM-like sequence within G1 cytoplasmic tail of Hantaan virus]Dan Lei Mou
Center of Infectious Diseases, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710038, China
Bing Du Xue Bao 23:424-8. 2007The G1 cytoplasmic tail of Hantaan virus (HTNV) harbors a highly conserved region, which is homologous to immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAM) and is termed the ITAM-like sequence...
- Hantaan virus triggers TLR3-dependent innate immune responsesWiebke Handke
Institute of Virology, Helmut Ruska Haus, University Hospital Charite, Charite Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
J Immunol 182:2849-58. 2009....
- Modification of endothelial cell functions by Hantaan virus infection: prolonged hyper-permeability induced by TNF-alpha of hantaan virus-infected endothelial cell monolayersM Niikura
Department of Virology 1, National Institute of Infectious Diseases, Musashimurayama, Japan
Arch Virol 149:1279-92. 2004..In this study, we examined whether Hantaan virus (HTNV) infection modifies the barrier function of endothelial cell monolayers upon the exposure to pro-..
- Analysis of N-linked glycosylation of hantaan virus glycoproteins and the role of oligosaccharide side chains in protein folding and intracellular traffickingXiaohong Shi
Division of Virology, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Church Street, Glasgow G11 5JR, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Virol 78:5414-22. 2004The membrane glycoproteins Gn and Gc of Hantaan virus (HTNV) (family Bunyaviridae) are modified by N-linked glycosylation...
- Human recombinant neutralizing antibodies against hantaan virus G2 proteinJoachim Koch
Hantavirus Forschungsstelle der Heidelberger Akademie der Wissenschaften, Im Neuenheimer Feld 230, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Virology 308:64-73. 2003..All antibodies bind to Hantaan virus G2 protein localized in the virus envelope...
- Ribavirin causes error catastrophe during Hantaan virus replicationWilliam E Severson
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces 88003, USA
J Virol 77:481-8. 2003..It is well established that ribavirin will inhibit the production of infectious Hantaan virus (HTNV); however, its mechanism of action is unknown...
- [The epidemic characteristics and preventive measures of hemorrhagic fever with syndromes in China]Yong zhen Zhang
Institute for Infectious Disease Control and Prevention, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 102206, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 25:466-9. 2004..To summarize and analyze the epidemic situation of hantaviruses including geographic distribution, types and prevalent intensity of epidemic areas of hantavirus for the last 30 years in China, and to discuss relative preventive measures...
- Cell fusion activities of Hantaan virus envelope glycoproteinsMichiko Ogino
Institute for Animal Experimentation, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo, Japan
J Virol 78:10776-82. 2004b>Hantaan virus (HTNV)-infected Vero E6 cells undergo cell fusion with both infected and uninfected cells under low-pH conditions...
- Characterization of HLA-A2.1-restricted epitopes, conserved in both Hantaan and Sin Nombre viruses, in Hantaan virus-infected patientsKi Young Lee
Department of Biotechnology, College of Engineering, Yonsei University, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 749, South Korea
J Gen Virol 83:1131-6. 2002Nine different CTL epitopes, conserved in both Hantaan virus (HTNV) and Sin Nombre virus (SNV), were selected for study. The binding affinity of each peptide with HLA-A2...
- Analysis of immune responses against nucleocapsid protein of the Hantaan virus elicited by virus infection or DNA vaccinationGyu Jin Woo
Division of Immunotherapy, Mogam Biotechnology Research Institute, Yongin, Republic of Korea
J Microbiol 43:537-45. 2005Even though neutralizing antibodies against the Hantaan virus (HTNV) has been proven to be critical against viral infections, the cellular immune responses to HTNV are also assumed to be important for viral clearance...
- Golgi localization of Hantaan virus glycoproteins requires coexpression of G1 and G2Xiaohong Shi
Division of Virology, Institute of Biomedical and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G11 5JR, Scotland, United Kingdom
Virology 300:31-8. 2002The membrane glycoproteins G1 and G2 of Hantaan virus (HTNV; family Bunyaviridae) are encoded on the M RNA genome segment as a precursor polypeptide that is cotranslationally cleaved by host proteases...
- Analysis of the immune response of Hantaan virus nucleocapsid protein-specific CD8+ T cells in miceMidori Taruishi
Institute for Animal Experimentation, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Kita 15, Nishi 7, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Virology 365:292-301. 2007The major histocompatibility complex (MHC) class-I restricted epitope of Hantaan virus nucleocapsid protein (N) was identified using overlapping peptides and BALB/c mice...
- Hantavirus infection of dendritic cellsMartin J Raftery
Institute of Virology, Charite Medical School, Humboldt University Berlin, D 10098 Berlin, Germany
J Virol 76:10724-33. 2002..Here we show that Hantaan virus (HTNV), which belongs to the Bunyaviridae family (genus Hantavirus) and causes hemorrhagic fever with renal ..
- Essential amino acids of the hantaan virus N protein in its interaction with RNAWilliam Severson
Department of Entomology, Plant Pathology and Weed Science, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, 88003, USA venue
J Virol 79:10032-9. 2005..Previously, deletion mapping identified a central, conserved region (amino acids 175 to 217) within the Hantaan virus (HTNV) N protein that interacts with a high affinity with these viral RNAs (vRNAs)...
- Hantavirus-specific CD8(+)-T-cell responses in newborn mice persistently infected with Hantaan virusKoichi Araki
Laboratory of Public Health, Department of Environmental Veterinary Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
J Virol 77:8408-17. 2003..relationship between virus-specific CD8(+)-T-cell responses and viral persistence was studied in mice by using Hantaan virus (HTNV)...
- Generation of an HFRS patient-derived neutralizing recombinant antibody to Hantaan virus G1 protein and definition of the neutralizing domainMifang Liang
Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing, China
J Med Virol 69:99-107. 2003b>Hantaan virus (HTNV) in the Hantavirus genus, family Bunyaviridae, is the major cause of severe hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS)...
- Activity of ribavirin against Hantaan virus correlates with production of ribavirin-5'-triphosphate, not with inhibition of IMP dehydrogenaseYanjie Sun
Southern Research Institute, 2000 Ninth Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:84-8. 2007Ribavirin (RBV) is a broad-spectrum antiviral agent that inhibits the production of infectious Hantaan virus (HTNV)...
- In vivo characterization of the integrin beta3 as a receptor for Hantaan virus cellular entryJin Won Song
Department of Microbiology and the Institute for Viral Diseases, Division of Brain Korea 21 Program for Biomedical Science, College of Medicine Korea University, Seoul 136 705, Korea
Exp Mol Med 37:121-7. 2005..In vitro studies suggested that the alpha(v)beta(3) integrin receptor is the epithelial cell receptor for Hantaan virus (HTNV). Whether beta(3) is in vivo the only or central cellular receptor for HTNV infection is not known...
- Increased expression of Hsp70 and co-localization with nuclear protein in cells infected with the Hantaan virusL Ye
Department of Pathology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi'an 710033, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 114:535-9. 2001OBJECTIVE: To investigate the effect of Hantaan virus infection on the expression of stress genes...
- Dynamic changes of apoptosis-inducing ligands and Th1/Th2 like subpopulations in Hantaan virus-induced hemorrhagic fever with renal syndromeJing Mei Liu
Department of Immunology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, China
Clin Immunol 119:245-51. 2006..Both factors may play an important role in the etiology of Hantaan virus infection in humans.
- Clinical and laboratory predictors of oliguric renal failure in haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome caused by Hantaan virusYoung Keun Kim
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong, Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, South Korea
J Infect 54:381-6. 2007..Haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS), caused by hantavirus infection, develops into acute renal failure (ARF) of variable degrees of severity. We investigated the early predictive markers for oliguric ARF in HFRS patients...
- [Prevalence of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome virus in domestic pigs: an epidemiological investigation in Shandong province]Zhan qing Yang
Department of Epidemiology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou 510515, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 24:1283-6. 2004..To investigate the epidemiological significance of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome virus (HFRSV) infection in domestic pigs in Shandong province, and study the role of domestic pigs in the prevalence of HFRS...
- Genetic properties of medium (M) and small (S) genomic RNA segments of Seoul hantavirus isolated from Rattus norvegicus and antigenicity analysis of recombinant nucleocapsid proteinZexin Tao
Department of Virology, School of Public Health, Shandong University, The Key Laboratory of Experimental Teratology, Ministry of Education, China, 44 Wenhuaxilu Road, 250012, Jinan, PR China
Virus Genes 34:23-30. 2007..Sixteen out of seventeen serum samples showed positive for the presence of anti-NP antibodies, indicating that the recombinant NP (rNP) protein of JUN5-14 was a good antigen for detecting hantavirus infection in human...
- Immunization effect of purified bivalent vaccine to haemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome manufactured from primary cultured hamster kidney cellsGuan mu Dong
First Division of Viral Vaccine, National Institute for the Control of Phmaceutical and Biological Products, Beijing 100050, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 118:766-8. 2005
- Envelope glycoproteins of hantavirus can mediate cell-cell fusion independentlyFeng Zheng
Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong Province, China
New Microbiol 30:101-7. 2007..this report we molecularly cloned viral glycoproteins (GPs) cDNA and nucleocapsid (NP) cDNA of two strains of Hantaan virus and one strain of Seoul virus and expressed in Vero E6 cells under control of a CMV promoter...
- [Serological surveillance on vaccine against hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome]Zhen Yu Gong
Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Zhejiang Province, Hangzhou 310009, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 25:400-2. 2004..To observe the serological and epidemiological efficacy of hemorrhagic fever renal syndrome (HFRS) vaccine in Zhejiang province...
- Truncated recombinant Dobrava hantavirus nucleocapsid proteins induce strong, long-lasting immune responses in micePiet Maes
Laboratory of Clinical and Epidemiological Virology, Rega Institute for Medical Research, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Intervirology 49:253-60. 2006..Our results indicate that the rNp constructs coupled to rP40, represent promising vaccine candidates...
- [Late consequences of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in a woman who had it during pregnancy]V A Figurnov
Klin Med (Mosk) 85:71-2. 2007..Antibodies to Hantaan virus 1:32 were found; magnetic resonance tomography of the skull revealed sequelae of hypophysial hemorrhage with ..
- [Epidemiological study of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in 1984-2003 in Weifang City, Shandong Province]Fu lian Han
Shandong Province Weifang City Station for Disease Prevention and Control, Weifang 261041, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 25:1096. 2004
- [Using geographic information system to study on the association between epidemic areas and main animal hosts of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in China]Li Qun Fang
Beijing Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Beijing 100071, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 25:929-33. 2004..To analyze the association between types of epidemic areas and proportion of main animal hosts of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) in China...
- [Experimental study on enzyme dot assay for detection of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome antigen]Jian Ao Zhang
Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430022, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 18:88-90. 2004..To establish a new and efficient method(IEDA) for detection of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome virus (HFRSV) antigen...
- Variability of G1 gene of hantaviruses occurring in the Hubei Province, P.R. China from 1985 to 2000Q Li
National Key Laboratory of Virology, Institute of Virology, Wuhan University School of Medicine, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, PR China
Acta Virol 49:51-7. 2005..Our results indicate that temporal factor, represented by years 1985--2000 seems to be too short to affect markedly the genetic makeup of the hantaviruses investigated...
- [Hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome among servicemen in Primorskiĭ Region of Russia]R A Slonova
Voen Med Zh 326:20-5, 80. 2005..104 HFRS cases were registered in the servicemen. Among them 77.8 +/- 3.0% were at the age of 18-20; 7.4 +/- 2.9% of these cases were lethal...
- [Progress in the epidemiologic study of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in China in recent years]Guan huang Wu
Expert Group, Nanjing Military Area, Institute of Military Medicine, Nanjing 210002, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 24:413-5. 2003
- [A study on detecting specific antibodies of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome and treatment with integrated traditional Chinese and western medicine]Feng Chu
Nanhua Hospital of Nanhui District, Shanghai 201300, China
Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao 2:20-3. 2004....
- Serological study of hantavirus in man in the Autonomous Community of Madrid, SpainL Lledo
Department of Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Medicine, Alcala University, Spain
J Med Microbiol 51:861-5. 2002..Serological evidence suggests that there is more than one circulating serotype...
- Serum thrombospondin-1 is altered in patients with hemorrhagic fever with renal syndromeZhengwen Liu
Department of Infectious Diseases, First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, Shaanxi, China
J Med Virol 80:1799-803. 2008....
- [Study on using colloidal gold immuno-dot assay to detect special antibody of hemorrhagic fever renal syndrome]F Chu
Nanhua Hospital, Nanhui County, Shanghai 201300
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi 21:504-6. 2001..The effect of KHSM combined AD treatment was not significantly different from that of ribarvirin and ganlixin injection...
- Use of vesicular stomatitis virus pseudotypes bearing hantaan or seoul virus envelope proteins in a rapid and safe neutralization testMichiko Ogino
Institute for Animal Experimentation, Hokkaido University Graduate School of Medicine, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:154-60. 2003..The stability of the pseudotype viruses allows distribution of the material to remote areas by using conventional cooling boxes for use as a diagnostic reagent...
- [Comparative study on antibody levels of vaccination group and control group after 4 years of immunized with type B inactivated vaccine against hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome]Y Ruan
Center of EPI, Chinese Academy of Preventive Medicine, Beijing 100050, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 15:274-6. 2001....
- Pathogenic and nonpathogenic hantaviruses differentially regulate endothelial cell responsesErika Geimonen
Department of Medicine, Molecular Cell Biology Program, State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY 11794, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:13837-42. 2002..cell transcriptional responses directed by hantaviruses associated with HPS [New York-1 virus (NY-1V)], HFRS [Hantaan virus (HTNV)], or by a hantavirus not associated with human disease [Prospect Hill virus (PHV)]...
- Hantaan virus antibody prevalence in rodent populations of several provinces of northeastern ThailandNarong Nitatpattana
Center for Vaccine Development Research Center for Emerging Viral Disease, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Trop Med Int Health 7:840-5. 2002..3% positive within species), Rattus exulans (2.1%), R. losea (1.6%) and R. rattus (0.9%). Species such as R. exulans and R. losea are candidate hosts of unidentified Hantaan-like viruses in Thailand...
- [Laboratory diagnosis of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in the Ulianovsk region]A A Nafeev
Vopr Virusol 47:47. 2002..The indices of the serologic confirmation of the diagnosis of HFNS are proven to elevate if the optimal intervals of sampling the pair blood sera is observed...
- [Bunyavirus--virus and host relationship: the coevolution between hantavirus and rodent]Hiroaki Kariwa
Laboratory of Public Health, Department of Environmental Veterinary Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Kita 18, Nishi 9, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Uirusu 52:61-7. 2002
- [Complete genome sequence of 84FLi, a Hantaan virus strain isolated from the liver of fetus aborted by a pregnant women with hemmorrhagic fever with renal syndrome]Xinhong Li
Center for Infectious Diseases of People s Liberation Army Tangdu Hospital Fourth Military Medical University Xi an 710038, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 82:981-5. 2002To study the complete genome sequence of the Chinese Hantaan virus vaccine strain 84FLi and learn about its molecular characters.
- [Study on the application of geographic information system in spatial distribution of hemorrhage fever with renal syndrome in China]Li Qun Fang
Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Academy of Military Medical Science, Beijing 100071, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 24:265-8. 2003..To analyze the spatial distribution of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) in China by geographic information system, and to draw up a map on HRFS risk areas...
- [Molecular analysis of hantavirus isolated from Shandong province]Zhi Qiang Wang
Shandong Hygiene and Anti epidemic Station, Jinan 250014, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 17:121-3. 2003..To compare the molecular characteristics of hantaviruses isolated from Shandong province by using PCR typing and nucleotide sequencing...
- [Occurrence of human hantavirus infections in Poland]Małgorzata Sadkowska-Todys
Zakład Epidemiologii PZH w Warszawie
Przegl Epidemiol 61:497-503. 2007..These results prove occurrence of hantavirus infections in Poland, however it seems that they are not very prevalent...
- Development and evaluation of serological assays for detection of Hantaanvirus-specific antibodies in human sera using yeast-expressed nucleocapsid proteinRasa Petraityte
Institute of Biotechnology, VA Graiciūno 8, LT 02241, Vilnius, Lithuania
J Virol Methods 148:89-95. 2008Indirect and capture enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs) for detection of Hantaan virus (HTNV)-specific immunoglobulins G (IgG) and M (IgM) in human serum samples were developed on the basis of recombinant yeast-expressed ..
- Truncated hantavirus nucleocapsid proteins for serotyping Hantaan, Seoul, and Dobrava hantavirus infectionsK Araki
Laboratory of Public Health, Department of Environmental Veterinary Sciences, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060-0818, Japan
J Clin Microbiol 39:2397-404. 2001Truncated recombinant nucleocapsid proteins (rNPs) of Hantaan virus (HTNV), Seoul virus (SEOV), and Dobrava virus (DOBV) were expressed by a baculovirus system...
- [3 cases of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome morbidity]A A Nafeev
Klin Med (Mosk) 86:70-1. 2008....
- [Typing of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome by cluster analysis]Xiu Hua Guo
Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing 100071, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 24:577-80. 2003..To make an inquiry into method of typing of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS)...
- [Passage adaptability of candidate strains for hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome purified vaccine in Vero cells and their immunogenicity]Wei Chen
Department of Etiology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
Zhonghua Shi Yan He Lin Chuang Bing Du Xue Za Zhi 17:129-32. 2003..To adapt the candidate strains of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) purified vaccine to Vero cells and to study their antigenicity and immunogenicity...
- [Inhibiting effects of fucoidans on Hantaan virus adsorption on a model of peritoneal macrophages in vitro]I D Makarenkova
Vopr Virusol 53:12-5. 2008..of peritoneal macrophages was used to study the effect of fucoidans from brown seaweeds on the adsorption of Hantaan virus. Fucoidans were found to have antiviral activity, but to differ in the inhibition of hantavirus adsorption, ..
- [Seroepidemiologic study on hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome virus in the migration areas of the Three-Gorges Reservoir Chongqing, Region, Yangtze River]S Yang
Department of Epidemiology, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 22:284-6. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: This article confirmed that covert infection rate of HFRS in 5 migration areas was not high. The immune level remained low. Hence, it is very necessary to enhance the immunity of the immigrants...
- [A preliminary genetic reassortment between Hantaan virus and Seoul virus strains]Wenzhen Kang
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tangdu Hospital, The Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710038, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 23:46-9. 2002..To determine the frequency and characteristics of reassortment among Hantaan and Seoul viruses causing hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS)...
- A system of protein target sequences for anti-RNA-viral chemotherapy by a vitamin B6-derived zinc-chelating trioxa-adamantane-triolAndreas J Kesel
Chammünsterstr 47, D 81827 München, Germany
Bioorg Med Chem 11:4599-613. 2003..syncytial virus), Filoviridae (Marburg virus, Ebola virus), Bornaviridae (Borna disease virus), Bunyaviridae (Hantaan virus), Arenaviridae (Lassa virus), and Reoviridae (human rotavirus)...
- Hantaan virus nucleocapsid protein binds to importin alpha proteins and inhibits tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced activation of nuclear factor kappa BShannon L Taylor
Science and Technology Division, U S Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Fort Detrick, Maryland 21702, USA
J Virol 83:1271-9. 2009Hantaviruses such as Hantaan virus (HTNV) and Andes virus cause two human diseases, hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome and hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, respectively...
- A soluble and heat-resistant form of hantavirus nucleocapsid protein for the serodiagnosis of HFRSSang Myun Park
Department of Pharmacology and Chronic Inflammatory Disease Research Center, Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Republic of Korea
J Virol Methods 147:1-9. 2008..into the N-terminal antigenic portion of the nucleocapsid proteins (amino acid residues 1-70) of the Hantaan virus (HTNV-delta N) and Seoul virus (SEOV-delta N)...
- Development of serological assays for Thottapalayam virus, an insectivore-borne HantavirusMegumi Okumura
Institute for Animal Experimentation, Graduate School of Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8638, Japan
Clin Vaccine Immunol 14:173-81. 2007..While the isolation of TPMV predates the discovery of the prototype Hantaan virus, little is known about its genetics and biology...
- Prospects for treatment of viral hemorrhagic fevers with ribavirin, a broad-spectrum antiviral drugJ W Huggins
Department of Antiviral Studies, U S Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, Frederick, Maryland 21701 5011
Rev Infect Dis 11:S750-61. 1989..death in suckling mice infected with Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus and in suckling mice infected with Hantaan virus. In the People's Republic of China, ribavirin significantly reduced mortality in patients with hemorrhagic ..
- [Association of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome and HLA-DRB allele polymorphisms in Han nationality, Hubei province]Bai Wei
Department of Gastroenterology, Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430071, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 30:1143-6. 2009..To understand the association of human leukocyte antigen (HLA)-DRB polymorphism and patients diagnosed as hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS)...
- Synthesis of 1-beta-D-ribofuranosyl-3-ethynyl-[1,2,4]triazole and its in vitro and in vivo efficacy against HantavirusDONG HOON CHUNG
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Southern Research Institute, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Antiviral Res 79:19-27. 2008..ETAR showed an EC(50) value of 10 and 4.4 microM for Hantaan virus (HTNV) and Andes virus, respectively...
- Co-circulation of three pathogenic hantaviruses: Puumala, Dobrava, and Saaremaa in HungaryAngelina Plyusnina
Department of Virology, Infection Biology Research Program, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
J Med Virol 81:2045-52. 2009..HFRS is caused by Hantaan virus (HTNV), Seoul virus (SEOV), Dobrava virus (DOBV), Saaremaa virus (SAAV), and Puumala virus (PUUV)...
- Emergence and persistence of hantavirusesS L Klein
W Harry Feinstone Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 315:217-52. 2007..When Lee and colleagues isolated what is now known as Hantaan virus, the techniques they introduced allowed further investigations into the etiology of the classical hantavirus ..
- Detection and typing of human pathogenic hantaviruses by real-time reverse transcription-PCR and pyrosequencingMarit Kramski
Institute of Virology, Helmut Ruska Haus, Charite Campus Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Clin Chem 53:1899-905. 2007....
- Puumala and Dobrava viruses cause hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in Bosnia-Herzegovina: evidence of highly cross-neutralizing antibody responses in early patient seraA Lundkvist
Swedish Institute for Infectious Disease Control, Stockholm
J Med Virol 53:51-9. 1997..Moreover, although several acute-phase sera showed the highest FRNT titer to Hantaan virus, convalescent sera from these patients in all cases showed high specificity for Puumala or Dobrava viruses...
- Novel Antirivals for Hantavirus Pulmonary SyndromeJEFFREY ARTERBURN; Fiscal Year: 2003..The prototype HFRS-hantavirus, Hantaan virus (HTNV), was isolated in 1976 from the lungs of an infected Korean field mouse (Apodemus agrarius)...
- DEVELOPMENT OF METHODS TO STUDY HANTAVIRUS REPLICATIONColleen Jonsson; Fiscal Year: 1999..abstract): The long-term research efforts will eventually encompass two species of the Hantavirus genera, the Hantaan virus and the Sin Nombre Virus (SNV)...
- Regulation of Antigen Presentation by APLP-2Joyce Solheim; Fiscal Year: 2005..presentation of pathogen-derived peptides, including known epitopes from NIAID biodefense priority pathogens (Hantaan virus, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, influenza A, dengue virus, Japanese encephalitis virus, and Listeria ..
- Regulation of Antigen Presentation by APLP-2CHANTEY MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2004..MHC class I maturation and presentation of peptides, including known epitopes from NIAID priority pathogens (Hantaan virus, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, influenza A virus, dengue virus, Japanese encephalitis virus, and Listeria ..
- STRUCTURAL INVESTIGATION OF THE HANTAAN VIRUS L PROTEINEDWARD NILES; Fiscal Year: 2000..b>Hantaan virus, the initial Hantavirus, was first shown to be the causative agent of Korean Hemorraghic Fever, a disease ..
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF HANTAAN VIRUS PROTEINSJohn Hay; Fiscal Year: 1993b>Hantaan virus was discovered only ten years ago, and since then has become the focus of much interest in the medical community, because of its world-wide distribution...
- Neutralizing Compounds for Viral Hemorrhagic FeverRichard Larson; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Cellular and Molecular Mediators of Hantavirus InfectionSabra Klein; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Neutralizing Compounds for Viral Hemorrhagic FeverRichard Larson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Multiplex Screening for ABC Transporter InhibitorsRichard Larson; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Microenvironmental mechanisms of leukemia cell survivalRichard Larson; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, we will share this data with Dr. Tom Look at the Dana Farber Cancer Center in order to correlate his genetic findings in his T-ALL Zebra fish model with our human studies. ..