Genomes and Genes
simian virus 40
Summary: A species of POLYOMAVIRUS originally isolated from Rhesus monkey kidney tissue. It produces malignancy in human and newborn hamster kidney cell cultures.
Publications280 found, 100 shown here
- Simian Virus 40 depends on ER protein folding and quality control factors for entry into host cellsMario Schelhaas
Institute of Biochemistry, Schafmattstrasse 18, ETH Hoenggerberg, ETH Zurich, CH 8093, Zurich, Switzerland
Cell 131:516-29. 2007Cell entry of Simian Virus 40 (SV40) involves caveolar/lipid raft-mediated endocytosis, vesicular transport to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER), translocation into the cytosol, and import into the nucleus...
- Clathrin- and caveolin-1-independent endocytosis: entry of simian virus 40 into cells devoid of caveolaeEva Maria Damm
Institute of Biochemistry, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETHZ, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 168:477-88. 2005b>Simian Virus 40 (SV40) has been shown to enter host cells by caveolar endocytosis followed by transport via caveosomes to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER)...
- GM1 structure determines SV40-induced membrane invagination and infectionHelge Ewers
ETH Zurich, Institute of Biochemistry, HPM E, Schafmattstrasse 18, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Nat Cell Biol 12:11-8; sup pp 1-12. 2010Incoming simian virus 40 (SV40) particles enter tight-fitting plasma membrane invaginations after binding to the carbohydrate moiety of GM1 gangliosides in the host cell plasma membrane through pentameric VP1 capsid proteins...
- SV40 DNA replication: from the A gene to a nanomachineEllen Fanning
Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235 1634, USA
Virology 384:352-9. 2009Duplication of the simian virus 40 (SV40) genome is the best understood eukaryotic DNA replication process to date. Like most prokaryotic genomes, the SV40 genome is a circular duplex DNA organized in a single replicon...
- PML-nuclear bodies accumulate DNA in response to polyomavirus BK and simian virus 40 replicationAsne Jul-Larsen
Section of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Bergen, 5009, Norway
Exp Cell Res 298:58-73. 2004..labeling to demonstrate that PML-NBs accumulate newly synthesized DNA in cells infected by the polyomaviruses simian virus 40 (SV40) or polyomavirus BK (BKV)...
- Structural basis for the interaction of a hexameric replicative helicase with the regulatory subunit of human DNA polymerase α-primaseBo Zhou
Department of Molecular and Computational Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California 90089, USA
J Biol Chem 287:26854-66. 2012....
- Frequent detection of polyomaviruses in stool samples from hospitalized childrenJohn A Vanchiere
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
J Infect Dis 192:658-64. 2005..PCR) assay that could detect a conserved region in the large T antigen gene of BKV, JC virus (JCV), and simian virus 40 (SV40)...
- Ataxia telangiectasia-mutated damage-signaling kinase- and proteasome-dependent destruction of Mre11-Rad50-Nbs1 subunits in Simian virus 40-infected primate cellsXiaorong Zhao
Department of Biological Sciences, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37235 1634, USA
J Virol 82:5316-28. 2008Although the mechanism of simian virus 40 (SV40) DNA replication has been extensively investigated with cell extracts, viral DNA replication in productively infected cells utilizes additional viral and host functions whose interplay ..
- Induction of interferon-stimulated genes by Simian virus 40 T antigensAbhilasha V Rathi
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, 559 Crawford Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Virology 406:202-11. 2010b>Simian virus 40 (SV40) large T antigen (TAg) is a multifunctional oncoprotein essential for productive viral infection and for cellular transformation...
- Uncatalyzed assembly of spherical particles from SV40 VP1 pentamers and linear dsDNA incorporates both low and high cooperativity elementsSantanu Mukherjee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Virology 397:199-204. 2010..These data suggest a DNA saturation-dependent nucleation event based on non-specific pentamer-DNA interaction that controls assembly and the ultimate capsid geometry...
- Simian virus 40 infection triggers a balanced network that includes apoptotic, survival, and stress pathwaysVeronika Butin-Israeli
Department of Hematology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel 91120
J Virol 84:3431-42. 2010The infection process by simian virus 40 (SV40) and entry of its genome into nondividing cells are only partly understood...
- Specific antibodies reacting with simian virus 40 capsid protein mimotopes in serum samples from healthy blood donorsAlfredo Corallini
Section of Microbiology, University of Ferrara, 44121 Ferrara, Italy
Hum Immunol 73:502-10. 2012b>Simian virus 40 (SV40), a small DNA tumor virus, was inadvertently administered to human populations with the use of contaminated vaccines...
- Formation of transitory intrachain and interchain disulfide bonds accompanies the folding and oligomerization of simian virus 40 Vp1 in the cytoplasmPeggy P Li
Molecular Biology Institute and Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, 405 Hilgard Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:1353-8. 2002Pentamer formation by Vp1, the major capsid protein of simian virus 40, requires an interdigitation of structural elements from the Vp1 monomers [Liddington, R. C., Yan, Y., Moulai, J., Sahli, R., Benjamin, T. L. & Harrison, S. C...
- A distinct first replication cycle of DNA introduced in mammalian cellsGurangad S Chandok
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Penn State University, University Park, PA 16801, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 39:2103-15. 2011..This work demonstrates, for the first time, differences in the replication progression during the first and subsequent replication cycles in mammalian cells...
- Simian virus 40 small T antigen activates AMPK and triggers autophagy to protect cancer cells from nutrient deprivationSravanth Hindupur Kumar
Department of Molecular Reproduction, Development, and Genetics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
J Virol 83:8565-74. 2009..Using an in vitro transformation model where the presence of the simian virus 40 (SV40) small T (ST) antigen has been shown to be critical for tumorigenic transformation, we investigated ..
- Simian virus 40 large T antigen disrupts genome integrity and activates a DNA damage response via Bub1 bindingJennifer Hein
Hillman Cancer Center, Research Pavilion Suite 1 8, 5117 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Virol 83:117-27. 2009b>Simian virus 40 (SV40) large T antigen (LT) is a multifunctional protein that is important for viral replication and oncogenic transformation...
- Multiple DNA damage signaling and repair pathways deregulated by simian virus 40 large T antigenSergei Boichuk
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Virol 84:8007-20. 2010We demonstrated previously that expression of simian virus 40 (SV40) large T antigen (LT), without a viral origin, is sufficient to induce the hallmarks of a cellular DNA damage response (DDR), such as focal accumulation of gamma-H2AX ..
- Interaction of the Vp3 nuclear localization signal with the importin alpha 2/beta heterodimer directs nuclear entry of infecting simian virus 40Akira Nakanishi
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Virol 76:9368-77. 2002..We show that the nuclear entry of simian virus 40 involves a dynamic interplay between two distinct interiorly situated capsid NLSs, the Vp1 NLS and the Vp3 ..
- Role of endosomes in simian virus 40 entry and infectionSabrina Engel
ETH Zurich, Institute of Biochemistry, Schafmattstrasse 18, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Virol 85:4198-211. 2011After binding to its cell surface receptor ganglioside GM1, simian virus 40 (SV40) is endocytosed by lipid raft-mediated endocytosis and slowly transported to the endoplasmic reticulum, where partial uncoating occurs...
- Hepatitis C virus NS3 and simian virus 40 T antigen helicases displace streptavidin from 5'-biotinylated oligonucleotides but not from 3'-biotinylated oligonucleotides: evidence for directional bias in translocation on single-stranded DNAPatrick D Morris
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, Arkansas 72205, USA
Biochemistry 41:2372-8. 2002..The dependence of the reaction with NS3 on the oligonucleotide length suggests that multiple NS3 monomers are necessary for optimal activity...
- Caveolar endocytosis of simian virus 40 is followed by brefeldin A-sensitive transport to the endoplasmic reticulum, where the virus disassemblesLeonard C Norkin
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts 01003 5720, USA
J Virol 76:5156-66. 2002b>Simian virus 40 (SV40) enters cells by atypical endocytosis mediated by caveolae that transports the virus to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) instead of to the endosomal-lysosomal compartment, which is the usual destination for viruses ..
- Imaging viral behavior in Mammalian cells with self-assembled capsid-quantum-dot hybrid particlesFeng Li
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan Institute of Virology Chinese Academy of Sciences No 44, Xiaohongshan, Wuhan 430071, China
Small 5:718-26. 2009..movement, and localization of viruses in living cells, QD-containing virus-like particles (VLPs) of simian virus 40 (SV40), termed SVLP-QDs, are constructed by in vitro self-assembly of the major capsid protein of SV40...
- Viral coat proteins as flexible nano-building-blocks for nanoparticle encapsulationFeng Li
State Key Laboratory of Virology, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, No 44, Xiaohongshan, Wuhan 430071, PR China
Small 6:2301-8. 2010..We previously generated virus-based nanoparticles (VNPs) of simian virus 40 (SV40) containing quantum dots (QDs) for cellular imaging...
- Bypass of a protein barrier by a replicative DNA helicaseHasan Yardimci
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nature 492:205-9. 2012..By contrast, large T antigen, the replicative DNA helicase of the simian virus 40 (SV40), is reported to function as a pair of stacked hexamers that pumps double-stranded DNA through its ..
- Simian virus 40 activates ATR-Delta p53 signaling to override cell cycle and DNA replication controlGabor Rohaly
Heinrich Pette Institut für Experimentelle Virologie und Immunologie, Martinistr 52, D 20251 Hamburg, Germany
J Virol 84:10727-47. 2010During infection, simian virus 40 (SV40) attempts to take hold of the cell, while the host responds with various defense systems, including the ataxia-telangiectasia mutated/ATM-Rad3 related (ATM/ATR)-mediated DNA damage response ..
- Lipid rafts and caveolae as portals for endocytosis: new insights and common mechanismsRobert G Parton
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, Centre for Microscopy and Microanalysis, and School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Queensland, Queensland, 4072, Australia
Traffic 4:724-38. 2003..This review examines the current evidence for the involvement of rafts and caveolae in endocytosis and the molecular players involved in their regulation...
- Conformational rearrangements of SV40 large T antigen during early replication eventsIsabel Cuesta
Unidad de Biocomputación, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia CSIC, C Darwin 3, 28049 Madrid, Spain
J Mol Biol 397:1276-86. 2010The Simian virus 40 (SV40) large tumor antigen (LTag) functions as the replicative helicase and initiator for viral DNA replication...
- SV40 multiple tissue infection and asbestos exposure in a hyperendemic area for malignant mesotheliomaManola Comar
Department of Public Medicine Sciences, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Cancer Res 67:8456-9. 2007..045). This survey shows that SV40 sustains infections in multiple tissues in malignant mesothelioma patients from a geographic area affected with asbestos-related mesothelioma...
- Adenovirus E1A, simian virus 40 tumor antigen, and human papillomavirus E7 protein share the capacity to disrupt the interaction between transcription factor E2F and the retinoblastoma gene productS Chellappan
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:4549-53. 1992The adenovirus E1A gene product, the simian virus 40 large tumor antigen, and the human papillomavirus E7 protein share a short amino acid sequence that constitutes a domain required for the transforming activity of these proteins...
- Association of simian virus 40 vp1 with 70-kilodalton heat shock proteins and viral tumor antigensPeggy P Li
Molecular Biology Institute, 456 Boyer Hall, University of California at Los Angeles, 611 East Charles E Young Dr, Box 951570, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1570, USA
J Virol 83:37-46. 2009..The major capsid protein Vp1 of simian virus 40 forms a series of disulfide-linked intermediates during folding and capsid formation...
- Simian virus 40 Vp1 DNA-binding domain is functionally separable from the overlapping nuclear localization signal and is required for effective virion formation and full viabilityP P Li
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Virol 75:7321-9. 2001A DNA-binding domain (DBD) was identified on simian virus 40 (SV40) major capsid protein Vp1, and the domain's function in the SV40 life cycle was examined...
- Detection of BK virus and simian virus 40 in the urine of healthy childrenJohn A Vanchiere
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Infectious Diseases, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Med Virol 75:447-54. 2005..We sought to determine if simian virus 40 (SV40) excretion could be detected in the urine of healthy children and to define the age-related prevalence ..
- Inhibition of Simian virus 40 large T antigen helicase activity by fluoroquinolonesSyed Hamid Ali
Department of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, The Aga Khan University, Karachi, Pakistan
Antivir Ther 12:1-6. 2007..Inhibition of gyrase activity by quinolones involves the interaction of these drugs with the helicase component of bacterial gyrase. DNA tumour viruses also encode helicases that are essential for their DNA replication in the host...
- SR alpha promoter: an efficient and versatile mammalian cDNA expression system composed of the simian virus 40 early promoter and the R-U5 segment of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 long terminal repeatY Takebe
Department of Molecular Biology, DNAX Research Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Palo Alto, California 94304
Mol Cell Biol 8:466-72. 1988We developed a novel promoter system, designated SR alpha, which is composed of the simian virus 40 (SV40) early promoter and the R segment and part of the U5 sequence (R-U5') of the long terminal repeat of human T-cell leukemia virus ..
- Clonal chromosomal aberrations in simian virus 40-transfected human thyroid cells and in derived tumors developed after in vitro irradiationH Zitzelsberger
Institute of Radiobiology, GSF Forschungszentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit GmbH, Neuherberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 96:166-77. 2001..A number of chromosomal aberrations were found to be characteristic for simian virus 40 immortalization and/or radiation-induced transformation of human thyroid epithelial cells...
- Effects of simian virus 40 large and small tumor antigens on mammalian target of rapamycin signaling: small tumor antigen mediates hypophosphorylation of eIF4E-binding protein 1 late in infectionYongjun Yu
Department of Cancer Biology, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6142, USA
J Virol 79:6882-9. 2005We report that late in a simian virus 40 (SV40) infection in CV-1 cells, there are significant decreases in phosphorylations of two mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling effectors, the eIF4E-binding protein (4E-BP1) and p70 S6 ..
- Identification of a promoter component involved in positioning the 5' termini of simian virus 40 early mRNAsP K Ghosh
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 78:100-4. 1981The 5' termini of the principal early mRNAs produced in cells transformed by wild-type simian virus 40 lie 21-25 nucleotides downstream from an A-T-T-T-A-T sequence on the DNA template...
- Activation of the tumor-specific death effector apoptin and its kinase by an N-terminal determinant of simian virus 40 large T antigenYing Hui Zhang
Leadd B V, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Virol 78:9965-76. 2004..cells apoptin can also be activated by the transient transforming signals conferred by ectopically expressed simian virus 40 (SV40) large T antigen (LT), which rapidly induces apoptin's phosphorylation, nuclear accumulation, and the ..
- SV40 and human tumours: myth, association or causality?Adi F Gazdar
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research and Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Centre, Dallas, Texas 75390, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 2:957-64. 2002An increasing number of scientific reports have described evidence for a polyomavirus, simian virus 40, in a highly select group of human tumours...
- Caveolin-stabilized membrane domains as multifunctional transport and sorting devices in endocytic membrane trafficLucas Pelkmans
Max Planck Institute for Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Cell 118:767-80. 2004..Following transport of the caveolar protein Caveolin-1 and two cargo complexes, Simian Virus 40 and Cholera toxin, in live cells, we uncovered a Rab5-dependent pathway in which caveolar vesicles are ..
- Exploitation of major histocompatibility complex class I molecules and caveolae by simian virus 40R G Parton
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Immunol Rev 168:23-31. 1999b>Simian virus 40 (SV40), a non-enveloped DNA virus, is transported from the cell surface to the nucleus where virus replication occurs...
- Cancer risk associated with receipt of vaccines contaminated with simian virus 40: epidemiologic researchEric A Engels
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, DHHS, 6120 Executive Blvd, EPS 8010 Rockville, MD 20892, USA
Expert Rev Vaccines 4:197-206. 2005....
- Absence of Epstein-Barr virus, human papillomavirus, and simian virus 40 in patients of central european origin with lymphoepithelioma-like carcinoma of the skinDmitry V Kazakov
Sikl s Department of Pathology, Charles University, Medical Faculty Hospital, Pilsen, Czech Republic
Am J Dermatopathol 29:365-9. 2007..Because all 10 cases studied proved negative for EBV, HPV, and SV40, these viruses seem to play no causal role in LELC of the skin in patients from Central Europe...
- Maximum-likelihood multi-reference refinement for electron microscopy imagesSjors H W Scheres
Biocomputing Unit, Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia, Campus Universidad Autonoma, Cantoblanco, 28049, Madrid, Spain
J Mol Biol 348:139-49. 2005..of this approach to a cryo-electron microscopy dataset revealed two major classes for projections of simian virus 40 large T-antigen in complex with an asymmetric DNA-probe, containing the origin of simian virus 40 replication...
- Secrets of caveolae- and lipid raft-mediated endocytosis revealed by mammalian virusesLucas Pelkmans
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Pfotenhauerstrasse 108, 01307 Dresden, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1746:295-304. 2005..Again, viruses are proving to be excellent tools to reach that goal...
- Stat3 is required for full neoplastic transformation by the Simian Virus 40 large tumor antigenAdina Vultur
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 16:3832-46. 2005..transducer and activator of transcription-3) in neoplastic transformation by the Large Tumor antigen of Simian Virus 40 (TAg), murine fibroblasts were rendered deficient in Stat3 activity through expression of a Stat3-specific ..
- Histone hyperacetylation in the coding region of chromatin undergoing transcription in SV40 minichromosomes is a dynamic process regulated directly by the presence of RNA polymerase IILata Balakrishnan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND 58203, USA
J Mol Biol 365:18-30. 2007....
- The T/t common exon of simian virus 40, JC, and BK polyomavirus T antigens can functionally replace the J-domain of the Escherichia coli DnaJ molecular chaperoneW L Kelley
Departement de Biochimie Medicale, Centre Medical Universitaire, Universite de Geneve, Geneva, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3679-84. 1997..yet significant, amino acid sequence homology to the J-domain, the DNA encoding the T/t common exon of the simian virus 40 (SV40), JC, or BK polyoma virus T antigen oncoproteins was used to construct J-domain replacement chimeras of ..
- Crocidolite asbestos and SV40 are cocarcinogens in human mesothelial cells and in causing mesothelioma in hamstersBarbara Kroczynska
Thoracic Oncology Program, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University Chicago, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:14128-33. 2006..Our results indicate that mineral fibers and viruses can be cocarcinogens and suggest that lower amounts of asbestos may be sufficient to cause MM in individuals infected with SV40...
- Cell-type specific regulation of gene expression by simian virus 40 T antigensPaul G Cantalupo
Department of Biological Sciences, 559 Crawford Hall, University of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15260, USA
Virology 386:183-91. 2009....
- Cell penetration and trafficking of polyomavirusJoanna M Gilbert
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Armenise 233, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Virol 77:2615-22. 2003..In contrast, uptake of simian virus 40 into the same cells is dependent on caveola...
- A large and intact viral particle penetrates the endoplasmic reticulum membrane to reach the cytosolTakamasa Inoue
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 7:e1002037. 2011..They also suggest that the ER membrane supports passage of a large particle, potentially through either a sizeable protein-conducting channel or the lipid bilayer...
- Enumeration of the simian virus 40 early region elements necessary for human cell transformationWilliam C Hahn
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:2111-23. 2002..We recently reported that coexpression of the simian virus 40 (SV40) early region (ER), the gene encoding the telomerase catalytic subunit (hTERT), and an oncogenic allele ..
- Ataxia-telangiectasia-mutated (ATM) is a T-antigen kinase that controls SV40 viral replication in vivoYuling Shi
Department of Pharmacology, University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Biol Chem 280:40195-200. 2005..Our findings uncover a direct link between ATM and SV40 LTag that may have implications for understanding the replication cycle of oncogenic polyoma viruses...
- Association with capsid proteins promotes nuclear targeting of simian virus 40 DNAA Nakanishi
Department of Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:96-100. 1996..The role of capsid proteins in nuclear targeting of simian virus 40 (SV40) DNA, which is assessed by the nuclear accumulation of large tumor (T) antigen, the initial sign of the ..
- A very late viral protein triggers the lytic release of SV40Robert Daniels
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 3:e98. 2007How nonenveloped viruses such as simian virus 40 (SV40) trigger the lytic release of their progeny is poorly understood...
- Sequence requirements for plasmid nuclear importD A Dean
College of Medicine, University of South Alabama, Mobile, Alabama 36688, USA
Exp Cell Res 253:713-22. 1999..Thus, the inclusion this SV40 sequence in nonviral vectors may greatly increase their ability to be transported into the nucleus, especially in nondividing cells...
- Asbestos and SV40 in malignant pleural mesothelioma from a hyperendemic area of north-eastern ItalyManola Comar
Institute for Maternal and Child Health, IRCCS Burlo Garofolo, Trieste, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
Tumori 98:210-4. 2012....
- The simian virus 40 large tumor antigen activates cSrc and requires cSrc for full neoplastic transformationRozanne Arulanandam
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Queen s University, Botterell Hall, Rm 713, Kingston, Ontario K7L3N6, Canada
Anticancer Res 30:47-53. 2010To investigate the role of the cellular protooncogene product, cSrc, in neoplastic transformation by the large tumor antigen of simian virus 40 (TAg), the ability of TAg to increase cSrc activity was examined.
- Effects of T antigen and replication protein A on the initiation of DNA synthesis by DNA polymerase alpha-primaseK L Collins
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
Mol Cell Biol 11:2108-15. 1991Studies of simian virus 40 (SV40) DNA replication in a reconstituted cell-free system have established that T antigen and two cellular replication proteins, replication protein A (RP-A) and DNA polymerase alpha-primase complex, are ..
- Studies on the initiation and elongation reactions in the simian virus 40 DNA replication systemT Matsumoto
Graduate Program in Molecular Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Institute, New York, NY 10021
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:9712-6. 1990The synthesis of oligoribonucleotides by DNA primase in the presence of duplex DNA containing the simian virus 40 (SV40) origin of replication was examined...
- Simian virus 40 sequences in human lymphoblastoid B-cell linesRiccardo Dolcetti
Divisions of Experimental Oncology, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, IRCCS, 33081 Aviano Pordenone, Italy
J Virol 77:1595-7. 2003Human Epstein-Barr virus-immortalized lymphoblastoid B-cell lines tested positive by PCR for simian virus 40 (SV40) DNA (22 of 42 cell lines, 52.3%). B lymphocytes or tissues from which B-cell lines derived were also SV40 positive...
- Simian virus 40 induces lamin A/C fluctuations and nuclear envelope deformation during cell entryVeronika Butin-Israeli
Department of Hematology, Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel
Nucleus 2:320-30. 2011..As SV40 serves as a paradigm for the pathogenic human BK, JC and Merkel cell polyomavirus, this study suggests nuclear entry as a novel drug target for these infections...
- Calcium bridge triggers capsid disassembly in the cell entry process of simian virus 40Masa aki Kawano
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Biol Chem 284:34703-12. 2009..Our data also indicate that calcium depletion-induced SV40 capsid disassembly may occur in the ER region and that this is essential for successful SV40 infection...
- Immortalization of bovine dental papilla cells with simian virus 40 large t antigenB Thonemann
Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany
Arch Oral Biol 45:857-69. 2000..pretreatment of the dental papilla were transfected by electroporation with pSV3neo, coding for the oncogene simian virus 40 large t antigen and a neomycin-resistance gene...
- Expression of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor-simian virus 40 T-antigen transgene has sex-specific effects on the reproductive axisKyeong Hoon Jeong
Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension, 221 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Endocrinology 150:3383-91. 2009..The 1.2-kb gene promoter fused to the simian virus 40 large T antigen (TAg) was used to generate transgenic mice that form gonadotrope-derived pituitary tumors at ..
- JCV/BKV and SV40 viral load in lymphoid tissues of young immunocompetent children from an area of north-east ItalyManola Comar
Department of Public Medicine Sciences, UCO Hygiene and Preventive Medicine, University of Trieste, Trieste, Italy
J Med Virol 82:1236-40. 2010..Nevertheless, the low prevalence of polyomavirus, in comparison with the lymphotropic HHV-6, suggests that these tissues are unlikely to be the preferred site of polyomavirus latency, at least in younger children...
- A role of the TATA box and the general co-activator hTAF(II)130/135 in promoter-specific trans-activation by simian virus 40 small t antigenMona Johannessen
Department of Biochemistry, Section for Molecular Genetics, Institute of Medical Biology, University of Tromsø, N 9037 Tromsø, Norway
J Gen Virol 84:1887-97. 2003The small t antigen (st-ag) of simian virus 40 can exert pleiotropic effects on biological processes such as DNA replication, cell cycle progression and gene expression...
- Simian virus 40 induces multiple S phases with the majority of viral DNA replication in the G2 and second S phase in CV-1 cellsJ M Lehman
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, Center for Immunology and Microbial Diseases, Albany Medical College, New York 12208, USA
Exp Cell Res 258:215-22. 2000The infection of permissive monkey kidney cells (CV-1) with simian virus 40 induces G1 growth-arrested cells into the cell cycle...
- Mutations in the GM1 binding site of simian virus 40 VP1 alter receptor usage and cell tropismThomas G Magaldi
Department of Genetics, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Virol 86:7028-42. 2012..receptor specificity and how changes in receptor usage affect tropism, we studied the primate polyomavirus simian virus 40 (SV40), which uses the ganglioside GM1 as a receptor that mediates cell binding and entry...
- Simian virus 40 transformation, malignant mesothelioma and brain tumorsFang Qi
University of Hawaii Cancer Center, Honolulu, HI, USA
Expert Rev Respir Med 5:683-97. 2011b>Simian virus 40 (SV40) is a DNA virus isolated in 1960 from contaminated polio vaccines, that induces mesotheliomas, lymphomas, brain and bone tumors, and sarcomas, including osteosarcomas, in hamsters...
- Importance of Vp1 calcium-binding residues in assembly, cell entry, and nuclear entry of simian virus 40Peggy P Li
Department of Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology and Molecular Biology Institute, University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Virol 77:7527-38. 2003..To define the role of calcium ions in the life cycle of the virus, we analyzed simian virus 40 (SV40) mutants in which structurally deduced calcium-binding amino acids of Vp1 were mutated singly and in ..
- Local actin polymerization and dynamin recruitment in SV40-induced internalization of caveolaeLucas Pelkmans
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich ETHZ, HPM1 Building, ETH Honggerberg, CH 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Science 296:535-9. 2002b>Simian virus 40 (SV40) utilizes endocytosis through caveolae for infectious entry into host cells. We found that after binding to caveolae, virus particles induced transient breakdown of actin stress fibers...
- Molecular pathogenesis of malignant mesothelioma and its relationship to simian virus 40Adi F Gazdar
Hamon Center for Therapeutic Oncology Research and Department of Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Clin Lung Cancer 5:177-81. 2003..The molecular changes caused by each of these major etiologic factors and their interrelationships are the focus of this review...
- Enforced expression of Simian virus 40 large T-antigen leads to testicular germ cell tumors in zebrafishJames A Gill
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20889, USA
Zebrafish 7:333-41. 2010..promoter, which has been shown to enforce high-level expression in the testes of transgenic mice, to express Simian virus 40 large T-antigen in zebrafish testes...
- Patterns of polyomavirus SV40 infections and associated cancers in humans: a modelJanet S Butel
Department of Molecular Virology and Microbiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Curr Opin Virol 2:508-14. 2012..This model can explain inconsistencies in the published literature of SV40 infections in humans and can guide the design of future studies...
- Parafibromin tumor suppressor enhances cell growth in the cells expressing SV40 large T antigenT Iwata
Department of Medical Pharmacology, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Oncogene 26:6176-83. 2007..The tumor suppressor protein PF acts as a positive regulator of cell growth similar to an oncoprotein in the presence of SV40 large T antigen...
- SV40, growth factors, and mesothelioma: another piece of the puzzleBrooke T Mossman
Departments of Pathology and Medicine, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Burlington, VT 05405, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 26:167-70. 2002
- Investigation of the prevalence of antibodies against neurotropic polyomaviruses BK, JC and SV40 in sera from patients affected by multiple sclerosisTatiana Ribeiro
INSERM U618 Proteases et Vectorisation Pulmonaires, Tours, University Francois Rabelais, Tours, France
Neurol Sci 31:517-21. 2010....
- The carboxyl-terminal domain of large T antigen rescues SV40 host range activity in trans independent of acetylationDanielle L Poulin
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Virology 349:212-21. 2006..The carboxyl-terminal region of T Ag contains a biological function essential for the SV40 viral life cycle...
- Simian virus 40 large T-antigen G-quadruplex DNA helicase inhibition by G-quadruplex DNA-interactive agentsBodin Tuesuwan
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
Biochemistry 47:1896-909. 2008..The identification of potent and selective inhibitors of the G-quadruplex helicase activity of T-ag provides tools for probing the specific role of this activity in SV40 replication...
- Bidirectional DNA unwinding by a ternary complex of T antigen, nucleolin and topoisomerase IStephanie Seinsoth
Medizinische Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Universitat des Saarlandes, Gebaude 45, D 66421 Homburg, Germany
EMBO Rep 4:263-8. 2003The simian virus 40 large tumour-antigen (T antigen) DNA helicase is a hexameric structure; it has been proposed that, in viral DNA replication, two of these hexamers are combined to form a bipartite holoenzyme that acts concurrently at ..
- Simian virus 40 VP1 capsid protein forms polymorphic assemblies in vitroShin nosuke Kanesashi
Faculty of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8503, Japan
J Gen Virol 84:1899-905. 2003The simian virus 40 (SV40) capsid is composed of 72 pentamers of VP1, the major protein of SV40...
- Pairs of Vp1 cysteine residues essential for simian virus 40 infectionPeggy P Li
Molecular Biology Institute, 456 Boyer Hall, University of California at Los Angeles, 611 East Charles E Young Dr, Box 951570, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1570, USA
J Virol 79:3859-64. 2005Transient disulfide bonding occurs during the intracellular folding and pentamerization of simian virus 40 (SV40) major capsid protein Vp1 (P. P. Li, A. Nakanishi, S. W. Clark, and H. Kasamatsu, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci...
- Gangliosides are receptors for murine polyoma virus and SV40Billy Tsai
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, 240 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
EMBO J 22:4346-55. 2003Polyoma virus (Py) and simian virus 40 (SV40) travel from the plasma membrane to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) from where they enter the cytosol and then the nucleus to initiate infection...
- Mutagenesis of a functional chimeric gene in yeast identifies mutations in the simian virus 40 large T antigen J domainSheara W Fewell
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:2002-7. 2002b>Simian virus 40 large T antigen contains an amino terminal J domain that catalyzes T antigen-mediated viral DNA replication and cellular transformation...
- 19S late mRNAs of simian virus 40 have an internal ribosome entry site upstream of the virion structural protein 3 coding sequenceYongjun Yu
Department of Cancer Biology, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, 314 Biomedical Research Building, 421 Curie Blvd, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6142, USA
J Virol 80:6553-8. 2006The late mRNAs of simian virus 40 (SV40) are polycistronic. The 19S mRNAs encode primarily the virion structural proteins VP2 and VP3...
- CD4+ T lymphocytes play a critical role in antibody production and tumor immunity against simian virus 40 large tumor antigenRonald C Kennedy
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Texas Tech University Health Science Center, Lubbock, Texas 79430, USA
Cancer Res 63:1040-5. 2003..Our results suggest that CD4+ T cells, along with antibody responses, play a role in the induction of tumor immunity to a viral-encoded tumor antigen...
- Mammalian DNA topoisomerase I activity and poisoning by camptothecin are inhibited by simian virus 40 large T antigenY Pommier
Laboratory of Molecular Pharmacology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4255, USA
Biochemistry 37:3818-23. 1998..These results demonstrate a functional interaction between T-Ag and top1: they also suggest the importance of top1-protein interactions for the regulation of DNA replication and modulation of camptothecin activity...
- Productive simian virus 40 infection of neurons in immunosuppressed Rhesus monkeysXin Dang
Division of Viral Pathogenesis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 67:784-92. 2008..Reactivation of simian virus 40 (SV40) in immunosuppressed rhesus monkeys, however, rarely causes a PML-like illness...
- Development of quantitative and high-throughput assays of polyomavirus and papillomavirus DNA replicationAmelie Fradet-Turcotte
Laboratory of Molecular Virology, Institut de recherches cliniques de Montreal IRCM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Virology 399:65-76. 2010..These quantitative and high-throughput assays should greatly facilitate the study of SV40 and HPV31 DNA replication and the identification of small-molecule inhibitors of this process...
- Immortalization of swine umbilical vein endothelial cells (SUVECs) with the simian virus 40 large-T antigenMarcin Chruściel
Department of Hormonal Action Mechanisms, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Science, Olsztyn, Poland
Mol Reprod Dev 78:597-610. 2011..We have generated an immortalized endothelial cell line, G-1410, using Simian virus 40 T-antigen (SV40 T-ag) primarily to overcome the short life span before the onset of senescence and high ..
- Bucillamine induces the synthesis of vascular endothelial growth factor dose-dependently in systemic sclerosis fibroblasts via nuclear factor-kappaB and simian virus 40 promoter factor 1 pathwaysJörg H W Distler
Center of Experimental Rheumatology, Department of Rheumatology, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Pharmacol 65:389-99. 2004..The study provides evidence for a role of NF-kappaB in the transcriptional regulation of the VEGF gene. SA 96 might have positive aspects on the impaired angiogenesis in patients with SSc...
- Disassembly of simian virus 40 during passage through the endoplasmic reticulum and in the cytoplasmDmitry Kuksin
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts, USA
J Virol 86:1555-62. 2012The nonenveloped polyomavirus simian virus 40 (SV40) is taken up into cells by a caveola-mediated endocytic process that delivers the virus to the endoplasmic reticulum (ER)...
- Some oral poliovirus vaccines were contaminated with infectious SV40 after 1961Rochelle Cutrone
Thoracic Oncology Program, Cardinal Bernardin Cancer Center, Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cancer Res 65:10273-9. 2005..Moreover, our results indicate possible geographic differences in SV40 exposure and offer a possible explanation for the different percentage of SV40-positive tumors detected in some laboratories...
- Intestinal dysplasia induced by simian virus 40 T antigen is independent of p53Jennifer A Markovics
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
J Virol 79:7492-502. 2005Transgenic mice expressing simian virus 40 large T antigen in enterocytes develop intestinal hyperplasia that progresses to dysplasia with age...
- Mutational analysis of simian virus 40 T antigen: isolation and characterization of mutants with deletions in the T-antigen geneJ M Pipas
Mol Cell Biol 3:203-13. 1983A series of mutants of simian virus 40 has been constructed with deletions in the coding sequence for large T antigen. Nucleotide sequence analysis indicates that 4 mutants have in-phase and 11 have out-of-phase deletions...
- The relationship between simian virus 40 and mesotheliomaZeyana Rivera
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii and Department of Pathology, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
Curr Opin Pulm Med 14:316-21. 2008b>Simian virus 40 is present in some human malignant mesotheliomas. The evidence in favor and against a pathogenic role of simian virus 40 in malignant mesothelioma is discussed in this review.
- The binding of topoisomerase I to T antigen enhances the synthesis of RNA-DNA primers during simian virus 40 DNA replicationSujata Khopde
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Delaware, Newark, Delaware 19716 2590, USA
Biochemistry 47:9653-60. 2008Topoisomerase I (topo I) is required for the proper initiation of simian virus 40 (SV40) DNA replication...
- In vitro assessment of the cytotoxicity of nisin, pediocin, and selected colicins on simian virus 40-transfected human colon and Vero monkey kidney cells with trypan blue staining viability assaysS E Murinda
Department of Food Science, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Food Prot 66:847-53. 2003..bacteriocins (colicins [Col] E1, E3, E6, E7, and K) were evaluated for cytotoxicity against cultured simian virus 40-transfected human colon (SV40-HC) and Vero monkey kidney (Vero) cells...
- High levels of luteinizing hormone analog stimulate gonadal and adrenal tumorigenesis in mice transgenic for the mouse inhibin-alpha-subunit promoter/Simian virus 40 T-antigen fusion geneMaarit Mikola
Department of Physiology, University of Turku, FIN 20520 Turku, Finland
Oncogene 22:3269-78. 2003Transgenic (TG) mice expressing the Simian virus 40 T-antigen under the control of the murine inhibin-alpha promoter (Inhalpha/Tag) develop granulosa and Leydig cell tumors at the age of 5-6 months, with 100% penetrance...
- Screens for host DNA replication and repair factors involved in viral infectionMatthew D Weitzman; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose to screen four different DNA viruses (adenovirus, herpesvirus, adeno-associated virus and simian virus 40) against a library of small interfering RNAs targeted to cellular proteins involved in DNA replication, ..
- T-antigen Binding to the Merkel Cell Carcinoma Virus OriginALEX ANDREW BOHM; Fiscal Year: 2010..is significantly different from that of better studied family members such as murine polyomavirus and simian virus 40 (SV40)...
- CONTROL OF SIMIAN VIRUS 40 AND CELLULAR DNA REPLICATIONKATHERINE LOUISE FRIEDMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Analysis of simian virus 40 (SV40) DNA replication provides the first insight into a eukaryotic primosome that can be reconstituted with ..
- Expression of Simiam Virus 40 T Antigens in IntestineJames M Pipas; Fiscal Year: 2013Project Summary/Abstract Simian virus 40 (SV40) encodes a powerful oncoprotein, large T antigen, that is capable of inducing tumors in animals and transforming cells in culture...
- Pathogenesis of mesotheliomaMichele Carbone; Fiscal Year: 2010..Cigarette smoke has been ruled out as a co-factor in MM. Instead, both genetic predisposition and simian virus 40 infections (SV40) have been linked to MM pathogenesis...
- Simian Virus 40 (SV40) uncoating and penetrationDaniel Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2009..goal of the proposal is to elucidate the mechanism of viral uncoating for nonenveloped DNA viruses using Simian Virus 40 (SV40) as a model virus. Viruses replicate within living cells by exploiting the host cellular machinery...
- Role of microRNAs in the SV40 infectious cycleChristopher S Sullivan; Fiscal Year: 2012..Recent work from our laboratory has demonstrated that the miRNAs encoded by Simian Virus 40 (SVmiRNA) function to provide a growth advantage to infected cells undergoing an interferon response...
- HTLV-III SEQUENCES AT THE TRANSCRIPTIONAL LEVELJOSEPH MOSCA; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- MECHANISMS OF NUCLEAR PROTEIN ACCUMULATIONPHILIP PAINE; Fiscal Year: 1993..study the nucleocytoplasmic transport of (i) two widely-studied prototype N- proteins, nucleoplasmic and the simian virus 40 large T antigen (SV40 lg T), and (ii) macromolecular dextrans with covalently attached signal sequences of ..
- Hyperacetylation of Biologically Active SV40 ChromatinBarry Milavetz; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Using simian virus 40 (SV40) as a model for infections by DNA viruses, the proposed research will contribute to our understanding of the relationship between chromatin remodeling through ..
- HPV DNA REPLICATION: NOVEL HOST FACTORSThomas Melendy; Fiscal Year: 2003..Bruce Stillman studying simian virus 40 (SV40) DNA replication factors and mechanisms. Dr...
- AIDS-assoc Progressive Multifocal LeukoencephalopathyIgor Koralnik; Fiscal Year: 2004..Due to the narrow host range of JCV, there is no adequate animal model for its study. The Simian Virus 40 (SV40) has 69% homology with JCV, and has been associated with a PML like disease in immunosuppressed monkeys...
- EARLY INTERACTIONS OF DNA VIRUSES AND HOSTGerd Maul; Fiscal Year: 2005..We mapped the targeting DNA sequence for simian virus 40 (SV40) to the core origin of replication. Also DNA viruses begin to transcribe in association with ND10...
- HISTONE HYPERACETYLATION IN REPLICATING SV40 CHROMOSOMESBarry Milavetz; Fiscal Year: 2009Using the Simian Virus 40 (SV40) chromosome as a model for eukaryotic chromatin, the proposed research will address the role of histone hyperacetylation at an active replication fork and during post-replication chromatin maturation ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF CAMPTOTHECIN INDUCED DNA DAMAGEROBERT SNAPKA; Fiscal Year: 2002..to our understanding of the cytotoxic mechanisms of camptothecins have been made with studies of simian virus 40 (SV40), a small double strand DNA virus which makes such extensive use of host cell chromosomal proteins and ..
- REGULATION OF CELLULAR FUNCTIONS BY DNA TUMOR VIRUSESJAMES ALWINE; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Simian virus 40 (SV40) and human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) activate the cell's metabolic and protein synthetic environment to support viral replication...
- TRANSFORMING DOMAINS IN THE IGF-1 RECEPTORChristian Sell; Fiscal Year: 1999..in serum free medium supplemented with PDGF, EGF, IGF-1, and cannot be transformed by the introduction of the simian virus 40 (SV4O) large T antigen...
- PATHOLOGY OF NEOPLASTIC TRANSFORMATIONJOHN LEHMAN; Fiscal Year: 1990..has been collected utilizing various cell model systems infected with the oncogenic DNA tumor virus, Simian virus 40 (SV40)...
- Selection of chemical inhibitors of oncoproteinsMaurizio Bocchetta; Fiscal Year: 2002..A growing body of evidence relates Simian Virus 40 (SV40) with tumors of the mesothelium, brain, and bone...
- A NOVEL FUNCTION OF THE SIMIAN VIRUS 40 GENOMEDana Carroll; Fiscal Year: 1980Examination of a wide variety of Simian Virus 40 mutant and defective genomes shows that, with one possible exception, they all have retained, in addition to the replication origin at map position 0...
- MECHANISMS OF EUCARYOTIC TRANSCRIPTIONAL ACTIVATIONJAMES ALWINE; Fiscal Year: 1990..We have previously identified an element in the late promoter of a DNA virus, simian virus 40 (SV40), which responds to transactivation mediated by the early viral protein T antigen...
- Deregulation of Cell Pathways by Ad E1B 55K OncoproteinsDaiqing Liao; Fiscal Year: 2005..For example, several viral oncogenes, such as the simian virus 40 large-T antigen, the human papillomavirusl6 E6 and E7 oncoproteins, and the adenovirus (Ad) E1A and E1B ..
- IMMUNIZATION AGAINST LENTIVIRAL GP120 USING SV40 VECTORSDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- IMMORTALIZED CELLS FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS RESEARCHJames Yankaskas; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will utilize the immortalizing genes of Simian Virus 40 for these studies, based on its record of producing human epithelial cell lines with differentiated ..
- PRODUCTION OF SV40-SPECIFIED ANTIGENS IN E COLIGeoffrey Wilson; Fiscal Year: 1980b>Simian virus 40 (SV40) is a small oncogenic mammalian virus...
- Modulators of T Antigen-Mediated Chaperone ActionJEFFREY BRODSKY; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant)Members of the oncogenic Polyomavirus family, such as Simian Virus 40 (SV40) and the human BK and JC viruses, require only one virally-encoded protein to transform mammalian cells: T antigen...
- T CELL FOCUSED CANCER VACCINES IN MURINE TUMOR MODELSROBERT BRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recent studies have described the presence of simian virus 40 (SV40)-like gene sequences and proteins (specifically the large tumor antigen: SV40 Tag) in human ..
- SV40 st induced cell transformation via PP2A inhibitionMadathia Sarkissian; Fiscal Year: 2007..has been to examine the molecular details of transformation of cultured cells via the early region of the simian virus 40 viral genome...
- ABERRANT PAPOVAVIRUS REPLICATION AFTER GENOTOXIC DAMAGEROBERT SNAPKA; Fiscal Year: 1991b>Simian virus 40 (SV40) will be used as a model cellular replicon in the study of both normal and aberrant DNA replication in mammalian cells...
- Role of SV40 in Salivary Gland TumorigenesisLESLEY ELLIES; Fiscal Year: 2003..to understand early molecular changes occurring in salivary gland tumorigenesis; 2) to determine the role of simian virus 40 (SV40) small t antigen (t-ag) in salivary gland tumorigenesis; and 3) to create an animal model which can be ..
- STRUCTURE OF NATIVE MAMMALIAN TRANSCRIPTION COMPLEXESLEONARD LUTTER; Fiscal Year: 2000..Native transcription complexes from transfected plasmid DNA as well as from simian virus 40 will be investigated. Two general aspects will be studied...
- CYTOMEGALOVIRUS-INDUCED SUPPRESSION OF TUMOR IMMUNITYAnn Campbell; Fiscal Year: 1990..proposes to utilize the knowledge and techniques of the well-characterized cell-mediated response to the simian virus 40 (SV40) tumor rejection antigen as a means of defining alterations in cell-mediated immunity during an acute ..
- REGULATION OF AAV DNA REPLICATIONKENNETH BERNS; Fiscal Year: 2000A hybrid adeno-associated virus (AAV)/simian virus 40 (SV40) genome has been constructed by insertion of the SV40 regulatory region (nt 5171-5243-270) into a deletion in the AAV genome from nt 144-264...
- NEGATIVE REGULATION OF AAV DNA REPLICATIONKENNETH BERNS; Fiscal Year: 1992A hybrid adeno-associated virus (AAV)/simian virus 40 (SV40) genome has been constructed by insertion of the SV40 regulatory region (nt 5171-5243-270) into a deletion in the AAV genome from nt 144-264...
- STUDIES OF THE IN VITRO HEMATOPOIETIC MICROENVIRONMENTJack Singer; Fiscal Year: 1991..studies are in part possible due to the development of a new technique for immortalizing these cells using simian virus 40. With this method, clonable microenvironmental cell lines can be produced from most patients and the origin, ..
- VIRAL CARCINOGENESIS WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO SV40GEORGE DIAMANDOPOULOS; Fiscal Year: 1980..studies is the continuation of research on various aspects of viral carcinogenesis with special reference to simian virus 40 (SV40). This undertaking has been pursued by the Principal Investigator for the past 16 years (1963-1979)...
- INHIBITION OF DNA REPLICATION BY DNA DAMAGING DRUGSTerry Beerman; Fiscal Year: 2001..The approach utilizes well-defined intracellular Simian Virus 40 and Epstein-Barr Virus DNA to determine whether inhibition of DNA replication by a limited number of DNA-..
- THE PROCESS AND CONTROL OF TRANSCRIPTION OF SV40MELVIN GREEN; Fiscal Year: 1980Our primary objective is to gain a thorough understanding of the relation of simian virus 40 (SV40) chromatin structure to its function as a template for transcription and replication...
- SV40 as a cardiac gene therapy vectorRonen Beeri; Fiscal Year: 2004..The SV40 (simian virus 40) pseudovirion shows promise as a persisting, non inflammation-inducing vector...
- ENZYMOLOGY OF SV40 DNA REPLICATION: IN VITRO STUDIESHoward Edenberg; Fiscal Year: 1980..To determine which enzymes are required for DNA replication, I propose to analyze the replication in vitro of simian virus 40 (SV40) chromosomes...
- SV40 Pathogenesis of Human InfectionsJANET BUTEL; Fiscal Year: 2008..This new information will allow better understanding of the biology of SV40 human infections and may provide insights into the mechanisms of SV40 involvement in human malignancies. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hamster Model for AIDS LymphomasJANET BUTEL; Fiscal Year: 2003..In addition, this project may provide new insights into lymphomagenesis in general and may lead to the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to this malignancy. ..
- HPV ETIOLOGY OF A SUBSET OF HEAD AND NECK CANCERSKeerti Shah; Fiscal Year: 2004..If HPV etiology is established for a subset of HNSCC, patients with these tumors may benefit from HPV-specific immunotherapies which are being evaluated for the treatment of invasive cervical cancer. ..
- Genetics of SV40 Entry and Minichromosome TransportLEONARD NORKIN; Fiscal Year: 2008DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Simian virus 40 (SV40) infects cells by binding to plasma membrane MHC class I molecules and then entering via a unique mechanism mediated by caveolae, rather than clathrin-coated pits...
- CSHL Symposium on Quantitative BiologyBruce Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2006..The meeting will address the phenomenon of small ribonucleic acids and their function in a variety of regulatory phenomena in the cell. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- REPLICATION OF DAMAGED DNA IN HUMAN CELLSMarila Cordeiro Stone; Fiscal Year: 2004..This project will provide insight on how PRR and the S checkpoint cooperate to protect human cells from cancer. ..
- EUKARYOTIC DNA REPLICATION CONFERENCEBruce Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The subsequent meetings (2003 and 2005) will follow a similar format which will include topics that are highly relevant to the current research at the time of the meeting. ..
- Structure and Function of SV40 Large Tumor AntigenDANIEL SIMMONS; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Transcriptional Regulation of a Surfactant EnzymeRAMA MALLAMPALLI; Fiscal Year: 2003..Ultimately, the results from these studies could lead to therapeutic strategies directed at modulating expression of this key surfactant enzyme at the molecular level. ..
- CSHL Symposium on Quantitative BiologyBruce Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2004..The meeting will address the molecular basis of epigenetic phenomena and their relationship to chromatin and chromosome structure and function. ..
- Conference--CSHL on Quantitative BiologyBruce Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The annual Symposia will continue to be planned to further the progress of advancements in biomedical science. This proposal requests support for 2003 to cover the 68th Cold Spring Harbor Symposium. ..
- COLD SPRING HARBOR SYMPOSIUM ON QUANTITATIVE BIOLOGYBruce Stillman; Fiscal Year: 2005..The annual Symposia will continue to be planned to further the progress of advancements in biomedical science. ..
- The Role of Polyomaviruses in Pediatric Renal DiseasesJOHN VANCHIERE; Fiscal Year: 2006..They also will provide me a firm foundation on which to build an academic career. Dr. Butel's laboratory provides an excellent environment in which to develop my scientific skills. ..
- Role of Fra-1 in MesotheliomaMaria Ramos Nino; Fiscal Year: 2008..an aggressive malignancy associated with occupational exposure to asbestos and more recently linked to Simian Virus 40 (SV40) is a fatal tumor resistant to therapy...
- Signals Encoded in DNA that Affect Chromatin StructureArnold Stein; Fiscal Year: 2003..Information obtained here might ultimately enable one to predict functionally important aspects of chromatin structure computationally from DNA sequence data. ..
- PATHOGENESIS OF MALIGNANT FIBROMATOSISDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will help elucidate the mechanisms by which viruses may manipulate and subvert cellular survival and death mechanisms to replicate themselves, suppress immune function, and cause tumors. ..
- PROTECTING CNS CELLS FROM HIV AND HIV-INDUCED INJURYDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 2004..We propose to address this therapeutic challenge using rSV40 gene delivery to the CNS, both to protect the brain from HIV infection and to mitigate HIV-induced CNS dysfunction. ..
- Role of Cell Mediators in Asbestos-SV40 CarcinogenesisMichele Carbone; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is anticipated that the results of the experimens proposed in this application will provide information to design novel preventive and therapeutic approaches for MM. ..
- Contrasting Properties of Integrin Cytoplasmic DomainsRenata Pasqualini; Fiscal Year: 2004..A better understanding of angiogenesis and new ways of manipulating such process in physiological and pathological situations may result from this work. ..
- Targeting HIV infection of the cns using gene deliveryDavid Strayer; Fiscal Year: 2008..We propose to address this therapeutic challenge using gene delivery to the CNS, both to protect the brain from HIV infection and to mitigate HIV-induced CNS dysfunction. ..
- P38, G2 Arrest, and Temozolomide Resistance in GliomasRUSSELL PIEPER; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- SV40 T Antigen Role in Virus Growth and TransformationJames M Pipas; Fiscal Year: 2010..DNA tumor viruses, such as simian virus 40 (SV40) have proved to be powerful tools for uncovering pathways that mediate cell proliferation, ..