Genomes and Genes
Summary: A family of small, non-enveloped DNA viruses infecting MAMMALS. There is one genus: PAPILLOMAVIRUS.
Publications311 found, 100 shown here
- Human papillomavirus is a necessary cause of invasive cervical cancer worldwideJ M Walboomers
Department of Pathology, University Hospital Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Pathol 189:12-9. 1999..The extreme rarity of HPV-negative cancers reinforces the rationale for HPV testing in addition to, or even instead of, cervical cytology in routine cervical screening...
- Epidemiologic classification of human papillomavirus types associated with cervical cancerNubia Munoz
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyons, France
N Engl J Med 348:518-27. 2003..Infection with human papilloma virus (HPV) is the main cause of cervical cancer, but the risk associated with the various HPV types has not been adequately assessed...
- The global health burden of infection-associated cancers in the year 2002Donald Maxwell Parkin
Clinical Trials Service Unit and Epidemiological Studies Unit, University of Oxford, Headington, UK
Int J Cancer 118:3030-44. 2006..The attributable fraction at the specific sites varies from 100% of cervix cancers attributable to the papilloma viruses to a tiny proportion (0.4%) of liver cancers (worldwide) caused by liver flukes...
- Human papillomavirus and rising oropharyngeal cancer incidence in the United StatesAnil K Chaturvedi
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 6120 Executive Blvd, EPS 7072, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Clin Oncol 29:4294-301. 2011..Recent increases in incidence and survival of oropharyngeal cancers in the United States have been attributed to human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, but empirical evidence is lacking...
- The causal relation between human papillomavirus and cervical cancerF X Bosch
Institut Catala d Oncologia, Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Gran Via Km 2 7 s n 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, 08907 Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Pathol 55:244-65. 2002..It is the right time for medical societies and public health regulators to consider this evidence and to define its preventive and clinical implications. A comprehensive review of key studies and results is presented...
- Classification of papillomaviruses (PVs) based on 189 PV types and proposal of taxonomic amendmentsHans Ulrich Bernard
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry and Program of Public Health, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Virology 401:70-9. 2010We present an expansion of the classification of the family Papillomaviridae, which now contains 29 genera formed by 189 papillomavirus (PV) types isolated from humans (120 types), non-human mammals, birds and reptiles (64, 3 and 2 types, ..
- Human papillomavirus genotype attribution in invasive cervical cancer: a retrospective cross-sectional worldwide studySilvia de Sanjose
IDIBELL, Institut Català d Oncologia Catalan Institute of Oncology, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Lancet Oncol 11:1048-56. 2010..We aimed to provide novel and comprehensive data about the worldwide genotype distribution in patients with invasive cervical cancer...
- Human papillomavirus oncoproteins: pathways to transformationCary A Moody
Department of MicrobiologyImmunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 10:550-60. 2010..Understanding how HPV oncoproteins modify these activities provides novel insights into the basic mechanisms of oncogenesis...
- Cervical human papillomavirus prevalence in 5 continents: meta-analysis of 1 million women with normal cytological findingsLaia Bruni
Unit of Infections and Cancer, Cancer Epidemiology Research Program, IDIBELL Institut Català d Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain
J Infect Dis 202:1789-99. 2010..Baseline information on human papillomavirus (HPV) prevalence and type distribution is highly desirable to evaluate the impact of prophylactic HPV vaccines in the near future...
- Human papillomavirus types in invasive cervical cancer worldwide: a meta-analysisG M Clifford
International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150, cours Albert Thomas, 69008 Lyon, France
Br J Cancer 88:63-73. 2003..A majority of ICC was associated with HPV16 or 18 in all regions, but approximately a quarter of all ICC cases were associated with one of 16 other HPV types, their distribution varying by region...
- Papillomaviruses and cancer: from basic studies to clinical applicationHarald zur Hausen
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Nat Rev Cancer 2:342-50. 2002..Epidemiological studies have underlined that HPVs are the main aetiological factor for cervical cancer. But how has this knowledge been translated into the clinic to allow the prevention, screening and treatment of cervical cancer?..
- Human papillomavirus types in head and neck squamous cell carcinomas worldwide: a systematic reviewAimee R Kreimer
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:467-75. 2005..Small sample size and publication bias complicate the assessment of the prevalence of HPV in head and neck sites beyond the oropharynx...
- Human papillomavirus type distribution in 30,848 invasive cervical cancers worldwide: Variation by geographical region, histological type and year of publicationNi Li
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 128:927-35. 2011..However, estimating the fraction of ICC attributable to different types is increasingly complicated by the detection of multiple HPV infections in ICC...
- Classification of papillomavirusesEthel Michele de Villiers
Reference Center for Papillomaviruses, Division for the Characterization of Tumorviruses, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Virology 324:17-27. 2004..PVs are a taxonomic family of their own, Papillomaviridae, unrelated to the polyomaviruses...
- Human papillomavirus immortalization and transformation functionsKarl Munger
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Armenise Building 544, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 5701, USA
Virus Res 89:213-28. 2002..This paper will review the state of the field at the time of the 19th International Papillomavirus Workshop in September 2001 with respect to the HPV encoded oncoproteins...
- Epidemiology of human papillomavirus infection in men, cancers other than cervical and benign conditionsAnna R Giuliano
Risk Assessment, Detection and Intervention Program, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
Vaccine 26:K17-28. 2008....
- High-risk human papillomavirus affects prognosis in patients with surgically treated oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinomaLisa Licitra
Head and Neck Cancer Medical Oncology Unit, Medical Statistics and Biometry, Department of Head and Neck Surgery, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 24:5630-6. 2006..To which extent the viral integration by itself, and/or the associated wild-type (wt) TP53 status, and/or a functional p16 contribute to prognosis is unclear...
- Human papillomavirus and oral cancer: the International Agency for Research on Cancer multicenter studyRolando Herrero
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France rherrero amnet co cr
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1772-83. 2003..To investigate these associations, we conducted a multicenter case-control study of cancer of the oral cavity and oropharynx in nine countries...
- Incidence of human papillomavirus (HPV) positive tonsillar carcinoma in Stockholm, Sweden: an epidemic of viral-induced carcinoma?Anders Näsman
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Cancer 125:362-6. 2009..In conclusion, the incidence of HPV-positive cancers is still increasing in the County of Stockholm, suggesting an epidemic of a virus-induced carcinoma, with soon practically all tonsillar SCC being HPV positive, as in cervical cancer...
- EGFR, p16, HPV Titer, Bcl-xL and p53, sex, and smoking as indicators of response to therapy and survival in oropharyngeal cancerBhavna Kumar
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center Head and Neck Cancer Program, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:3128-37. 2008..To prospectively identify markers of response to therapy and outcome in an organ-sparing trial for advanced oropharyngeal cancer...
- Worldwide prevalence and genotype distribution of cervical human papillomavirus DNA in women with normal cytology: a meta-analysisSilvia de Sanjose
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Barcelona, Spain
Lancet Infect Dis 7:453-9. 2007..The HPV types most commonly detected are similar to those most commonly described in pre-neoplastic and cancer cases, although the relative contribution of HPV16 and HPV18 is substantially lower in cytologically normal women...
- Biomarkers in cervical cancer screeningNicolas Wentzensen
Department of Applied Tumor Biology, Institute of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Dis Markers 23:315-30. 2007..In this review, we will discuss potential biomarkers for cervical cancer screening with a focus on the level of clinical evidence that supports their application as novel markers in refined cervical cancer screening programs...
- Human papillomavirus mRNA and p16 detection as biomarkers for the improved diagnosis of cervical neoplasiaKate Cuschieri
Specialist Virology Centre, Royal Infirmary of Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2536-45. 2008..Currently, there is promising data indicating that HPV mRNA and p16 might play an important role in future cervical cancer screening scenarios. Still, large randomized studies are necessary to confirm the preliminary data...
- Papillomaviruses causing cancer: evasion from host-cell control in early events in carcinogenesisH zur Hausen
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:690-8. 2000..Modifications in host-cell genes, most likely engaged in the control of HPV gene expression in proliferating cells, emerge as important events in HPV-mediated carcinogenesis...
- Using biomarkers as objective standards in the diagnosis of cervical biopsiesMary T Galgano
Robert E Fechner Laboratory of Surgical Pathology, University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0214, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 34:1077-87. 2010..In conclusion, with a rigorous evaluation, we found immunohistochemical staining for p16 to be a useful and reliable diagnostic adjunct for distinguishing biopsies with and without CIN2(+)...
- The natural history of cervical HPV infection: unresolved issuesCiaran B J Woodman
Cancer Research UK Institute for Cancer Studies, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 7:11-22. 2007..We discuss areas of uncertainty, and their possible effect on disease prevention strategies...
- Human papillomavirus and Papanicolaou tests to screen for cervical cancerPontus Naucler
Department of Medical Microbiology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
N Engl J Med 357:1589-97. 2007....
- Bead-based multiplex genotyping of human papillomavirusesMarkus Schmitt
Research Program Infection and Cancer, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 242, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Clin Microbiol 44:504-12. 2006..922) but also indicated a higher sensitivity of MPG. In conclusion, MPG appears to be highly suitable for large-scale epidemiological studies and vaccination trials as well as for routine diagnostic purposes...
- The elevated 10-year risk of cervical precancer and cancer in women with human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 or 18 and the possible utility of type-specific HPV testing in clinical practiceMichelle J Khan
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, 6120 Executive Blvd, Rm 7074, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:1072-9. 2005....
- Papillomavirus genome structure, expression, and post-transcriptional regulationZhi Ming Zheng
HIV and AIDS Malignancy Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Front Biosci 11:2286-302. 2006..Continuing research on post-transcriptional regulation of papillomavirus infection will remain as a future focus to provide more insights into papillomavirus-host interactions, the virus life-cycle, and viral oncogenesis...
- American Cancer Society, American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology, and American Society for Clinical Pathology screening guidelines for the prevention and early detection of cervical cancerDebbie Saslow
Cancer Control Science Department, American Cancer Society, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 62:147-72. 2012....
- Systematic review of genomic integration sites of human papillomavirus genomes in epithelial dysplasia and invasive cancer of the female lower genital tractNicolas Wentzensen
Institute of Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Res 64:3878-84. 2004..No evidence for targeted disruption or functional alteration of critical cellular genes by the integrated viral sequences could be found...
- Current concepts on human papillomavirus infections in childrenStina Syrjanen
Department of Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology, Institute of Dentistry and MediCity Research Laboratory, University of Turku, Finland
APMIS 118:494-509. 2010..Early in life, infections by the high-risk HPV genotypes may also remain persistent for a considerable period, and should be of considerable importance for HPV vaccination strategies...
- Overview of human papillomavirus-based and other novel options for cervical cancer screening in developed and developing countriesJack Cuzick
Cancer Research UK Centre for Epidemiology, Mathematics and Statistics, Wolfson Institute of Preventive Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Vaccine 26:K29-41. 2008..These psychosocial aspects and the need for more information and educational programmes about HPV are also discussed in this article...
- Characterization of viral-cellular fusion transcripts in a large series of HPV16 and 18 positive anogenital lesionsNicolas Wentzensen
Division of Molecular Pathology, Department of Pathology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 110, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Oncogene 21:419-26. 2002..These data demonstrate that target directed insertional mutagenesis might occur in few HPV-induced anogenital lesions, however, it is rather the exception than the rule...
- The papillomavirus life cycleJohn Doorbar
Division of Virology, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
J Clin Virol 32:S7-15. 2005..As with other DNA tumour viruses, such abortive infections can predispose to cancer...
- Improved amplification of genital human papillomavirusesP E Gravitt
Department of Human Genetics, Roche Molecular Systems, Alameda, California, USA
J Clin Microbiol 38:357-61. 2000..This new primer system will be useful in assessing the natural history of HPV infections, particularly when the analysis requires HPV typing...
- Against which human papillomavirus types shall we vaccinate and screen? The international perspectiveNubia Munoz
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Int J Cancer 111:278-85. 2004..The impact of modifying the number of types in the screening cocktail tests would be small and probably irrelevant for screening programs...
- Prevalence of HPV infection among men: A systematic review of the literatureEileen F Dunne
Division of STD Prevention, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Infect Dis 194:1044-57. 2006..2 million persons are newly infected every year in the United States. There are limited data on HPV infection in heterosexual men...
- Epidemiology and natural history of human papillomavirus infections and type-specific implications in cervical neoplasiaF Xavier Bosch
Cancer Epidemiology Research Program CERP, Institut Català d Oncologia Catalan Institute of Oncology ICO, L Hospitalet de Llobregat Barcelona, Spain
Vaccine 26:K1-16. 2008....
- Human papillomavirus prevalence and type distribution in penile carcinomaC Miralles-Guri
Unit of Infections and Cancer UNIC, Cancer Epidemiology Research Program, Institut Catala d Oncologia, IDIBELL, L Hospitalet de Ll, Barcelona, Spain
J Clin Pathol 62:870-8. 2009..HPV prevalence in penile tumours is reported to be associated to a variety of morphological changes. Its determination will provide a better estimate for HPV related cancer burden and its preventable fraction...
- Papillomavirus E6 proteinsHeather L Howie
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Virology 384:324-34. 2009....
- Clinical validation of the cobas 4800 HPV test for cervical screening purposesD A M Heideman
Department of Pathology, VU University Medical Center, De Boelelaan 1117, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Microbiol 49:3983-5. 2011..Accordingly, the cobas 4800 HPV test can be considered clinically validated for cervical screening...
- Involvement of intact HPV16 E6/E7 gene expression in head and neck cancers with unaltered p53 status and perturbed pRb cell cycle controlTina Wiest
Molekularbiologisches Labor, Universitäts Hals Nasen Ohrenklinik, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Oncogene 21:1510-7. 2002..A causal role of HPV16 in head and neck cancer is defined by: E6/E7 expression, viral integration with an intact E6 gene, and perturbation of pRb cell cycle control. Mostly, the p53 gene is wild-type...
- Integration of high-risk human papillomavirus: a key event in cervical carcinogenesis?M Pett
Medical Research Council Cancer Cell Unit, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0XZ, UK
J Pathol 212:356-67. 2007....
- Oral human papillomavirus in healthy individuals: a systematic review of the literatureAimee R Kreimer
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Sex Transm Dis 37:386-91. 2010..HPV16 DNA detected in oral specimens has recently been identified as a risk factor for some oropharyngeal cancers. The reported prevalence of oral HPV infection from individual studies is highly variable...
- Efficient intracellular assembly of papillomaviral vectorsChristopher B Buck
Laboratory of Cellular Oncology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 4263, USA
J Virol 78:751-7. 2004..The results suggest that the intracellular assembly of papillomavirus structural proteins around heterologous reporter plasmids is surprisingly promiscuous and may be driven primarily by a size discrimination mechanism...
- Human papillomavirus type 16 and immune status in human immunodeficiency virus-seropositive womenHoward D Strickler
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1062-71. 2003..To address this issue, we examined HPV test results from repeated study visits in the WIHS and from an independent study, the HIV Epidemiology Research Study (HERS)...
- Performance of high-risk human papillomavirus DNA testing as a primary screen for cervical cancer: a pooled analysis of individual patient data from 17 population-based studies from ChinaFang Hui Zhao
Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Lancet Oncol 11:1160-71. 2010..The aims of our study were to assess whether HPV DNA testing could be applied to cervical-cancer screening programmes in China, as well as other similar developing countries...
- Oncogenic potential of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and its relation with cervical cancerRabia Faridi
Division of Molecular Virology, National Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology, University of the Punjab, 87 West Canal Bank Road Lahore 53700, Pakistan
Virol J 8:269. 2011..Awareness for various diagnostic procedures such as Pap smears screening prove to be an effective way in eradicating the oncogenic potential of HPV...
- An epidemic of oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) due to human papillomavirus (HPV) infection and aspects of treatment and preventionTorbjörn Ramqvist
Department of Oncology Pathology, Karolinska Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Anticancer Res 31:1515-9. 2011..Finally, we suggest that the possibility to vaccinate against HPV-positive OSCC should be examined...
- Biological activities and molecular targets of the human papillomavirus E7 oncoproteinK Munger
Department of Pathology and Harvard Center for Cancer Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Oncogene 20:7888-98. 2001..The transforming activities of E7 largely reflect this important function...
- Distribution of human papillomavirus types in the anogenital tract of females and malesLuisa Barzon
Department of Histology, Microbiology, and Medical Biotechnologies, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Med Virol 82:1424-30. 2010..These results show that genital HPV infection involves numerous HPV types, which have similar distribution patterns in females and males and in different anogenital anatomical sites...
- Frequent genomic structural alterations at HPV insertion sites in cervical carcinomaMartine Peter
Department of Tumour Biology, Institut Curie, F 75248 Paris, France
J Pathol 221:320-30. 2010..Structural alterations of the host genome are frequently observed at the integration site of HPV DNA in cervical cancer and may act in oncogenesis...
- Rate of and risks for regression of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia 2 in adolescents and young womenAnna Barbara Moscicki
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Obstet Gynecol 116:1373-80. 2010..To describe the natural history of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia (CIN) 2 in a prospective study of adolescents and young women, and to examine the behavioral and biologic factors associated with regression and progression...
- External genital human papillomavirus prevalence and associated factors among heterosexual men on 5 continentsEftyhia Vardas
Division of Medical Virology, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa and Lancet Laboratories, Johannesburg, South Africa
J Infect Dis 203:58-65. 2011..We examined the baseline prevalence of penile, scrotal, and perineal/perianal human papillomavirus (HPV) in heterosexual men (HM). We also evaluated baseline characteristics of HM to assess factors associated with prevalent HPV detection...
- Partitioning viral genomes in mitosis: same idea, different targetsAlison A McBride
Laboratory of Viral Diseases, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 0455, USA
Cell Cycle 5:1499-502. 2006..This mechanism has been best studied for bovine papillomavirus type 1. Recent evidence indicates that while this is a common strategy among papillomaviruses, different viruses have selected different chromosomal targets...
- Prevalence of and risk factors for human papillomavirus (HPV) infection among HIV-seronegative men who have sex with menStephen Goldstone
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10011, USA
J Infect Dis 203:66-74. 2011..We examined the baseline prevalence of penile, scrotal, perineal/perianal, and intra-anal human papillomavirus (HPV) infection in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-seronegative men who have sex with men (MSM)...
- Evaluation of genital sites and sampling techniques for detection of human papillomavirus DNA in menBethany A Weaver
Center for AIDS and STD Research, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Harborview Medical Center, 325 9th Avenue, Box 359931, Seattle, WA 98104 USA
J Infect Dis 189:677-85. 2004..The HPV prevalence was similar for circumcised and uncircumcised men. Testing multiple sites increased the number of men for whom HPV DNA was detected...
- Simultaneous quantitation of antibodies to neutralizing epitopes on virus-like particles for human papillomavirus types 6, 11, 16, and 18 by a multiplexed luminex assayDavid Opalka
Virus and Cell Biology, Merck Research Laboratories, Wayne, Pennsylvania 19087 8630, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 10:108-15. 2003....
- Oral human papillomavirus infection in adults is associated with sexual behavior and HIV serostatusAimee R Kreimer
Department of Epidemiology, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
J Infect Dis 189:686-98. 2004..8; 95% confidence interval, 3.1-52.7) among HIV-seropositive individuals. HPV type 16, which is present in most HPV-associated tonsillar cancers, was the most prevalent high-risk oral HPV infection...
- Common fragile sites are preferential targets for HPV16 integrations in cervical tumorsErik C Thorland
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Oncogene 22:1225-37. 2003..2), and FRA17B (17q23). Finally, our data suggest that cellular genes, such as Notch 1, are disrupted by the HPV16 integrations, which may contribute to the malignant phenotype...
- Age, sexual behavior and human papillomavirus infection in oral cavity and oropharyngeal cancersElaine M Smith
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Int J Cancer 108:766-72. 2004..An exfoliated oral cytology test for HPV was a significant predictor of HR types in the cancers, suggesting that an oral rinse may provide an early biomarker of infected tumors...
- Marked differences in survival rate between smokers and nonsmokers with HPV 16-associated tonsillar carcinomasHarriet C Hafkamp
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Int J Cancer 122:2656-64. 2008..These findings indicate that oncogenic processes in the tonsils of non-smokers differ from those occurring in smokers, the former being related to HPV 16 infection...
- The human papillomavirus E7 oncoproteinMargaret E McLaughlin-Drubin
Brigham and Women s Hospital and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Virology 384:335-44. 2009..This function is directly reflected in the transforming activities of E7, including tumor initiation and induction of genomic instability...
- Human papillomavirus variants and squamous neoplasia of the cervixA Giannoudis
Department of Pathology, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, Duncan Building, Daulby Street, Liverpool L69 3GA, UK
J Pathol 193:295-302. 2001..This may be relevant not only to the biology of HPV infection and its association with squamous neoplasia, but also to the use of HPV typing in clinical practice...
- Male circumcision, penile human papillomavirus infection, and cervical cancer in female partnersXavier Castellsague
Servei d Epidemiologia i Registre del Cancer, Institut Catala d Oncologia, Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
N Engl J Med 346:1105-12. 2002..It is uncertain whether male circumcision reduces the risks of penile human papillomavirus (HPV) infection in the man and of cervical cancer in his female partner...
- Influence of adherent and effective antiretroviral therapy use on human papillomavirus infection and squamous intraepithelial lesions in human immunodeficiency virus-positive womenHoward Minkoff
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maimonides Medical Center and State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA
J Infect Dis 201:681-90. 2010..Prior studies, however, did not consider patients' adherence to their regimens or HAART effectiveness (viral suppression)...
- HPV screening for cervical cancer in rural IndiaRengaswamy Sankaranarayanan
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
N Engl J Med 360:1385-94. 2009....
- Papillomaviruses in the causation of human cancers - a brief historical accountHarald zur Hausen
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Virology 384:260-5. 2009..This review will cover some of the historical aspects of papillomavirus research; it tries briefly to analyze the present state of linking HPV to human cancers and will discuss some emerging developments...
- Efficacy and safety of prophylactic vaccines against cervical HPV infection and diseases among women: a systematic review & meta-analysisBeibei Lu
Risk Assessment, Detection and Intervention Program, H, Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, Tampa, FL, USA
BMC Infect Dis 11:13. 2011..We conducted a systematic review and meta-analysis to assess efficacy and safety of prophylactic HPV vaccines against cervical cancer precursor events in women...
- Human papillomaviruses activate the ATM DNA damage pathway for viral genome amplification upon differentiationCary A Moody
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000605. 2009..These findings identify a major regulatory mechanism responsible for productive HPV replication in differentiating cells. Our results have potential implications for the development of anti-viral therapies to treat HPV infections...
- The epidemiology of genital human papillomavirus infectionHelen Trottier
Department of Oncology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
Vaccine 24:S1-15. 2006..This shift in research focus coincides with a shift in cancer prevention techniques towards immunization with HPV vaccines and HPV testing of precancerous lesions...
- Prevailing papillomavirus types in non-melanoma carcinomas of the skin in renal allograft recipientsE M de Villiers
Division of Tumour Virus Characterization, Angewandte Tumorvirologie, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 73:356-61. 1997..The EV group of HPVs predominate in the cancers, but the multiplicity of HPV types detected with double infection in some lesions suggests virus/virus in addition to virus/host interaction in the carcinogenic process...
- Multiple human papillomavirus genotype infections in cervical cancer progression in the study to understand cervical cancer early endpoints and determinantsNicolas Wentzensen
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD 20852 7234, USA
Int J Cancer 125:2151-8. 2009..The potential range of HPV genotype attribution is wide at the disease categories <CIN2 to CIN3. Genotyping from cervical lesions and analyzing viral oncogene expression can improve estimates of HPV genotype attribution...
- Human papillomavirus prevalence and type distribution in male anogenital sites and semenCarrie M Nielson
Arizona Cancer Center and Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, Tucson, Arizona, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:1107-14. 2007..Specifically, the prevalence of type-specific HPV infection and the distribution of infections by anogenital anatomic site in men are incompletely characterized...
- Proteasomal degradation of the papillomavirus E2 protein is inhibited by overexpression of bromodomain-containing protein 4David Gagnon
Laboratory of Molecular Virology, Institut de Recherches Cliniques de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Virol 83:4127-39. 2009..These results indicate that the stability of E2 is increased upon complex formation with Brd4 and highlight the value of the luciferase assay for the study of E2 degradation...
- Global proficiency study of human papillomavirus genotypingCarina Eklund
WHO HPV LabNet Global Reference Laboratory, Department of Clinical and Medical Microbiology, Laboratory Medicine Skåne, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Clin Microbiol 48:4147-55. 2010....
- Circumcision and human papillomavirus infection in men: a site-specific comparisonB Y Hernandez
Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
J Infect Dis 197:787-94. 2008..Lack of circumcision has been identified as a risk factor for male genital human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, although this association has not been consistently supported...
- Effects of bacterial vaginosis and other genital infections on the natural history of human papillomavirus infection in HIV-1-infected and high-risk HIV-1-uninfected womenD Heather Watts
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7510, USA
J Infect Dis 191:1129-39. 2005..Whether the natural history of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection is affected by bacterial vaginosis (BV) or Trichomonas vaginalis (TV) infection has not been adequately investigated in prospective studies...
- Genome variation of human papillomavirus types: phylogenetic and medical implicationsHans Ulrich Bernard
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
Int J Cancer 118:1071-6. 2006....
- Prevalence and determinants of genital infection with papillomavirus, in female and male university students in Busan, South KoreaHai Rim Shin
Research Institute, National Cancer Center, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
J Infect Dis 190:468-76. 2004..Little is known about the prevalence of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection in young adults in Asia...
- Human papillomavirus type 16 DNA sequenceK Seedorf
Virology 145:181-5. 1985..The sequence reveals an interruption of the reading frame coding for a suspected E1 protein...
- Identification of human papillomavirus DNA gene sequences in human breast cancerC Y Kan
School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Br J Cancer 93:946-8. 2005..Human papilloma viruses may have a role in human breast cancer. We speculate that HPVs may be transmitted by hand from the female perineum to the breast...
- Effect of HPV-associated p16INK4A expression on response to radiotherapy and survival in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckPernille Lassen
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Noerrebrogade 44, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 27:1992-8. 2009....
- Association of the human papillomavirus type 16 E7 oncoprotein with the 600-kDa retinoblastoma protein-associated factor, p600Kyung Won Huh
The Channing Laboratory, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11492-7. 2005..Therefore, p600 is a cellular target of E7 that regulates cellular pathways that contribute to anchorage-independent growth and cellular transformation...
- The ubiquity and impressive genomic diversity of human skin papillomaviruses suggest a commensalic nature of these virusesA Antonsson
Department of Medical Microbiology, Malmo University Hospital, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
J Virol 74:11636-41. 2000..These results demonstrate that normal human skin harbors an array of papillomaviruses, most of them previously unknown...
- Immunotherapy of a human papillomavirus (HPV) type 16 E7-expressing tumour by administration of fusion protein comprising Mycobacterium bovis bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) hsp65 and HPV16 E7N R Chu
StressGen Biotechnologies Corporation, Victoria, B C, Canada, Department of Pathology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, MD, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 121:216-25. 2000..These studies extend previous observations on the induction of cytotoxic T lymphocytes by hsp fusion proteins and are consistent with the clinical application of hspE7 as an immunotherapy for human cervical and anal dysplasia and cancer...
- Basic mechanisms of high-risk human papillomavirus-induced carcinogenesis: roles of E6 and E7 proteinsMako Narisawa-Saito
Virology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Cancer Sci 98:1505-11. 2007..In the present article, the mechanisms of HPV16 E6- and E7-induced multistep carcinogenesis and recently identified functions of these onco-proteins are reviewed...
- Human papillomavirus genotype distribution in low-grade cervical lesions: comparison by geographic region and with cervical cancerGary M Clifford
IARC, 150 cours Albert Thomas, F 69372 Lyon Cedex 08, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1157-64. 2005..Some regional differences in the relative importance of HPV genotypes in LSIL were noted...
- Detection of multiple human papillomavirus types in Condylomata acuminata lesions from otherwise healthy and immunosuppressed patientsD R Brown
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5124, USA
J Clin Microbiol 37:3316-22. 1999..Further studies are needed to determine the influence these additional HPV types have on the epidemiology of genital tract HPV infections and the natural history of condylomata acuminata, especially in immunosuppressed patients...
- 2006 consensus guidelines for the management of women with abnormal cervical cancer screening testsThomas C Wright
Department of Pathology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:346-55. 2007..The 2004 Interim Guidance for HPV testing as an adjunct to cervical cytology for screening in women 30 years of age and older was formally adopted with only very minor modifications...
- Human papillomavirus genotype distribution and cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions among high-risk women with and without HIV-1 infection in Burkina FasoM N Didelot-Rousseau
Department of Virology, Montpellier University Hospital, 34295 Montpellier, France
Br J Cancer 95:355-62. 2006..1, P = 0.007) after controlling for high-risk HPV infection and other risk factors for HSIL. Nine of 14 (63%) HSIL cases were associated with HPV-16 or HPV-18 infection, and might have been prevented by an effective HPV-16/18 vaccine...
- Human papillomavirus in oral exfoliated cells and risk of head and neck cancerElaine M Smith
Department of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:449-55. 2004....
- Human papillomavirus-DNA loads in actinic keratoses exceed those in non-melanoma skin cancersSoenke Jan Weissenborn
Institute of Virology, University of Cologne, Koeln, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 125:93-7. 2005..Although a passenger state cannot be excluded, the data are compatible with a carcinogenic role of HPV in early steps of tumor development...
- Triage of women with equivocal or low-grade cervical cytology results: a meta-analysis of the HPV test positivity rateMarc Arbyn
Scientific Institute of Public Health, Brussels, Belgium
J Cell Mol Med 13:648-59. 2009..Research is needed to identify more specific methods to triage women with low-grade squamous cervical lesions...
- Evaluation of different techniques for identification of human papillomavirus types of low prevalenceIvan Sabol
Division of Molecular Medicine, Rudjer Boskovic Institute, Bijenicka cesta 54, P O Box 180, Zagreb HR 10002, Croatia
J Clin Microbiol 46:1606-13. 2008..Therefore, a universally evaluated and agreed upon HPV typing assay or a combination of current assays is needed for possible clinical applications, and knowledge of their limitations is advised...
- Incident high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions in Senegalese women with and without human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) and HIV-2Stephen E Hawes
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98103, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 98:100-9. 2006..We assessed the relationships among human papillomavirus (HPV) types and persistence, HIV-1 and/or HIV-2 infection, and the development of high-grade cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions (HSILs) in a prospective study...
- Human papillomavirus DNA versus Papanicolaou screening tests for cervical cancerMarie Helene Mayrand
Department of Oncology and Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
N Engl J Med 357:1579-88. 2007..To determine whether testing for DNA of oncogenic human papillomaviruses (HPV) is superior to the Papanicolaou (Pap) test for cervical-cancer screening, we conducted a randomized trial comparing the two methods...
- HPV detection rate in saliva may depend on the immune system efficiencyMaria Adamopoulou
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Athens Medical School, Athens, Greece
In Vivo 22:599-602. 2008....
- The regulation of cell proliferation by the papillomavirus early proteinsN Abdul Hamid
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
Cell Mol Life Sci 66:1700-17. 2009..Here we outline evidence that suggests a role for E2 in the regulation of cell proliferation, and we discuss the importance of this regulation in viral infection and cervical tumourigenesis...
- International Collaborative HNC ResearchElaine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..This aim is to determine whether there is an easily administered, sensitive biomarker that can predict HPV-HR status in HNC tumors prior to therapy.. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Natural History of CIN2 in AdolescentsAnna Barbara Moscicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..S. and specifically assess how best to modify cytology-based screening, utilize HPV diagnostics, and tailor aoDrooriate follow-uo strategies for adolescents and vouna women diaanosed with CIN 2 ..
- N-methanocarbathymidine (N-MCT) for the Treatment of Herpes and Pox Virus InfectiAquilur Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2010..N&N proposes to develop N-MCT as a therapeutic against the Herpesviridae, Papillomaviridae and Poxviridae genera of Class I dsDNA viruses, which include HSV-1, HSV-2, HSV-8, VZV, EBV, smallpox, ..
- MECHANISMS OF HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS DNA REPLICATIONLouise T Chow; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Human papillomaviridae comprise a large family of DNA viruses tropic for mucosal or cutaneous epithelium...
- NATURAL HISTORY OF HPV--INFECTION TO NEOPLASIAAnna Barbara Moscicki; Fiscal Year: 2004..The understanding of both local and systemic immune responses to initial and subsequent HPV infections may be key in vaccine or therapeutic developments. ..
- MOLECULAR EPIDEMIOLOGY OF PERSISTENT HPV INFECTIONEduardo Franco; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Effect of Oxidant Load on HPV Persistence and CIN (SIL)Anna Giuliano; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- HPV Outcomes: Prevention Epidemiology and Surveillance (HOPES)Cosette Marie Wheeler; Fiscal Year: 2010..Image-based diagnostic standards will be critical to future population evaluations. ..
- Human Papillovirus Testing in AdolescentsJessica Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2006..Aim 5 To determine the cumulative prevalence and rates of persistence and regression of HPV infection, and correlation of HPV test results with cervicaI cytology, in the above sample of urban adolescent girls. ..
- Effect of Male Circumcision on Penile HPV InfectionJENNIFER SUSAN SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..If male circumcision is found to be effective and safe in reducing HPV infection or penile lesions in men, it could in turn reduce HPV prevalence and associated cervical neoplasia in women. ..
- COGNITIVE AND EMOTIONAL RESPONSES TO AN HPV DIAGNOSIS IN MENEllen M Daley; Fiscal Year: 2010..These data will assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of interventions to reduce HPV infection in both sexes. ..
- CYTOTOXIC T LYMPHOCYTE RESPONSE TO HPV 16Mayumi Nakagawa; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Role of HPV16 E7/E2F6 interaction in viral oncogenesisMargaret McLaughlin Drubin; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies will further the understanding of how viral proteins interact with cellular factors to induce cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Control of Human Papillomavirus-16 TranscriptionHans Ulrich Bernard; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Transcripitonal and Genetic Profiles in HNSCCsElaine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY AND MECHANISMS IN ORAL CANCERElaine Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Planning Grant for a Study of the Effect of Radiation o*Camille Ragin; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- FUNCTIONAL ANALYSIS OF THE E6AP UBIQUITIN PROTEIN LIGASEPeter Howley; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable]..
- The Roles of IRF-3 in the Cellular Response to Viral InfectionPeter Howley; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will explore this pathway and examine the mechanisms by which some viruses inactivate this pathway for the replication of the virus and the survival of the infected cell. ..
- Interventions to Increase HBV Vaccination in STD ClinicsGregory Zimet; Fiscal Year: 2006..The relationships of the interventions, socio-demographics, attitudes and behaviors to the outcome measures will be assessed with multiple logistic regression (MLR) and path analysis via structural equation modeling. ..
- HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS IN THE TREATMENT OF ORAL CANCEREDWARD SHILLITOE; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- HIV Testing and Women's Attitudes on HIV Vaccine TrialsGregory D Zimet; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Cidofovir for Perianal Dysplasia in HIV PatientsElizabeth Stier; Fiscal Year: 2006..Novel treatments, such as topical cidofovir, may prevent pre-cancerous lesions from developing into cancer in HIV-infected patients. ..
- NATURAL HISTORY OF ANAL NEOPLASIA IN HIV INFECTED MENJoel Palefsky; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- HPV Induced Pathogenesis in Head and Neck CancerNICOLAS SCHLECHT; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- DIET AND DURATION OF CERVICAL HPV INFECTIONMARC GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- MECHANISM OF HPV E2 MEDIATED CELLULAR GROWTH SUPPRESSIONPeter Howley; Fiscal Year: 2002..In this grant application, we propose to examine the mechanisms by which E2 causes cellular growth suppression. ..
- Study of genomic instability caused by HPV16 E6 and E7Dennis McCance; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- EFFECT OF HPV-16 E7 ON DIFFERENTIATING EPITHELIAL CELLSDennis McCance; Fiscal Year: 2005..Additionally, we will investigate the ability of E7 to increase cyclin/kinase activity in differentiating cells, which also contain high levels of kinase inhibitors. ..
- Mechanisms of HPV DNA SegregationLOUISE CHOW; Fiscal Year: 2008..The anticipated outcome is a clear definition of the mechanisms of extrachromosomal plasmid segregation and maintenance. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Afro-Caribbean Consortium on viral and environmental risk factors for cancerCamille Ragin; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have already had commitments from several investigators who are interested in participating in this Consortium. In total we estimate approximately 60-100 attendees. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anal HPV Infection and ASIL in HIV+ and HIV- WomenJoel Palefsky; Fiscal Year: 2006..Knowledge of genes involved in ASIL pathogenesis may provide new approaches to therapy of both anal and cervical HSIL as well as markers for disease progression. ..
- CO-ACTIVATOR FUNCTION IN ORAL CANCER CELLSDennis McCance; Fiscal Year: 2004..Known targets of CBP/p300, whose function has been implicated in keratinocyte differentiation will be studied, and novel targets of CBP/p300 will be identified. ..
- Hepatitis C VIrus NS3 Helicase Inhibitor DiscoveryDavid Frick; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal here is to find chemicals that prevent the virus from replicating in human cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Real-time Minimal Residual Disease assay of Pediatric B-Cell Non-Hodgkin LymphomaBruce Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The assay developed by this exploratory proposal could be incorporated into pediatric B-cell NHL studies to assess MRD on therapy or to assess the efficacy of innovative therapies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- OVERCOMING CELLULAR SENESCENCE IN HUMAN EPITHELIAL CELLSAloysius Klingelhutz; Fiscal Year: 2004..These studies should have the potential of leading to new and innovative strategies for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of human cancer. ..
- HIV Protective Immunity and Perinatal ExposureLouise Kuhn; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- TAMOXIFEN & BREAST CANCER--ACCEPTANCE/COST EFFECTIVENESSJoy Melnikow; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- Strategies Against HPV Related Genital Diseases in WomenBradley Monk; Fiscal Year: 2006..It is expected that Dr. Monk will have obtained extramural funding for both his laboratory and clinical studies by the end of the period of support requested. ..
- Ureaplasmas in acute and persistent urethritis: clinical implicationsLisa E Manhart; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study may lead to the identification of an additional cause of this syndrome, provide guidance on treatment decisions, and shed light on the etiology of persistent and recurrent cases. ..
- THE ROLE OF A NOVEL GAP IN EPITHELIAL ONCOGENESISVimla Band; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A tri-antigen nasal anthrax vaccine against toxins and vegetative bacilli Zhengrong Cui; Fiscal Year: 2008..The same vaccine or its modified version can also be used in agricultural industries to vaccinate cattle. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MOLECULAR MODELING OF DIAGNOSIS AND PROGNOSIS IN HNSCCMaria Worsham; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Genomic instability induced by the HPV-16 E7 oncoproteinStefan Duensing; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- HIV-1 Proviral DNA and Monocyte Phenotype in Relation to Neurocognitive FunctionBruce T Shiramizu; Fiscal Year: 2010..This resource-rich team is well-positioned to conduct this investigation into the pathogenesis of HAD. ..
- Characterization of the 11q13 Amplicon in Oral CancerSusanne Gollin; Fiscal Year: 2006..The results of this study may lead to targeted methods for prevention, early detection, therapy, and/or eradication of cells harboring gene amplification. ..
- Hepatitis B ESL Education for ChineseVictoria Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our primary outcome will be HBV serologic testing. Knowledge about key hepatitis B facts will be examined as a secondary outcome. ..
- Role of Wnt signaling in Cervical Cancer PathogenesisAykut Uren; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aykut The name of the principal investigator/program director must be provided at the top of each printed page and each continuation page. RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- Translating an Efficaious HPV Vaccine into the Control of Cervical CancerSharon Bond; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Profiling of Premalignant Oral LesionsMark Lingen; Fiscal Year: 2008..This molecular analysis may also greatly improve diagnostic prediction compared to the cellular pattern recognition currently used by pathologists. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Mechanisms of Human Papillomavirus PathogenicityAnn Roman; Fiscal Year: 2006..By conducting these experiments under physiological conditions that mimic a natural infection, we expect to make novel contributions on the activities of this important protein. ..
- A Phase I/II Trial of a Therapeutic HPV VaccineCornelia Trimble; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Depsipeptide for the Treatment of Head and Neck CancerMissak Haigentz; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Rhenium-188 therapy of NIS-expressing breast tumorsEkaterina Dadachova; Fiscal Year: 2003..The long-term goal of this research is to contribute to the development of a novel cost-effective radionuclide therapy for treatment of breast cancer and, possibly, for other NIS-expressing cancers such as thyroid cancer. ..
- Liver Cancer Control Among North American ChineseVictoria Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2006..If effective, our outreach intervention could be used by health care facilities and community organizations serving less acculturated Chinese in North America. ..
- Molecular Interactions in Signaling and Vesicle SortingJAMES BALEJA; Fiscal Year: 2007..These investigations on the EH domain:NPF interaction are also expected to advance the application of NMR in understanding molecular recognition. ..
- Prognostic Significance of DNA and Histone MethylationChandrika Piyathilake; Fiscal Year: 2007..Investigator talent, equipment, facilities and access to study subjects at UAB are ideal for conducting this study. ..
- Cervical Cancer Control in Vietnamese WomenVictoria Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- HPV ETIOLOGY OF A SUBSET OF HEAD AND NECK CANCERSKeerti Shah; Fiscal Year: 2004..If HPV etiology is established for a subset of HNSCC, patients with these tumors may benefit from HPV-specific immunotherapies which are being evaluated for the treatment of invasive cervical cancer. ..
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF ORAL HIV 1 & 2 INFECTION IN HIGH RISK WOStephen Hawes; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Chlamydia trachomatis and Cervical CancerMARGARET MADELEINE; Fiscal Year: 2003..trachomatis may become a higher public health priority. Furthermore, our results would help determine whether further follow up of the C. trachomatis and cervical cancer association is warranted in a more expensive, prospective setting. ..
- Screening for STDs using home sampling in EstoniaAnneli Uuskula; Fiscal Year: 2007..This information will allow us to identify STD infected individuals, and to develop selective screening criteria to be used in general population studies and screening programs in Estonia. ..
- Functional Analysis of the VHL Tumor Suppressor GeneRobert Burk; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- STDS, FERTILITY, MARRIAGE AND DEMOGRAPHIC PROJECTIONRonald Gray; Fiscal Year: 2002..In collaboration with the U.S. Bureau of Census, data from the proposed study will be used to revise demographic projections of the effects of HIV on population growth, composition and AIDS orphanhood. ..
- HPV Testing--Self-Collected Samples for Cervical CancerLaura Koutsky; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Changes in the Cornified Cell Envelope in HPV InfectionDarron Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Natural History of HPV Infections in MenLaura Koutsky; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our long-term goal is development of cost-effective approaches to the prevention of HPV-related cancers. ..