Genomes and Genes
human herpesvirus 7
Summary: A species in the genus ROSEOLOVIRUS, of the family HERPESVIRIDAE. It was isolated from activated, CD4-positive T-lymphocytes taken from the blood of a healthy human.
Publications199 found, 100 shown here
- Association of human herpesvirus 7 with cytomegalovirus disease in renal transplant recipientsC Y Tong
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Liverpool and Renal Transplant Unit, Royal Liverpool University Hospital, United Kingdom
Transplantation 70:213-6. 2000..Recent studies have linked human herpesviruses 6 (HHV-6) and 7 (HHV-7) with posttransplant cytomegalovirus (CMV) disease...
- Association of human herpesvirus 6 and human herpesvirus 7 with demyelinating diseases of the nervous systemV Tomsone
August Kirchenshtein Institute of Microbiology and Virology, University of Latvia, Ratsupites St 1, Riga LV 1067, Latvia
J Neurovirol 7:564-9. 2001..A significantly higher frequency of HHV-7 reactivation in patients with demyelinating diseases of the peripheral nervous system suggests also its association with demyelinating processes...
- Avidity of antibodies to human herpesvirus 7 suggests primary infection in young adults with pityriasis roseaT Vag
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 18:738-40. 2004
- Risk factors for the early acquisition of human herpesvirus 6 and human herpesvirus 7 infections in childrenB P Lanphear
Children s Hospital Medical Center and the Department of Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati, OH 45229 3039, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 17:792-5. 1998..Human herpesviruses 6 and 7 (HHV-6 and HHV-7) are common infections in children, but risk factors for their early acquisition have not been described...
- CADA inhibits human immunodeficiency virus and human herpesvirus 7 replication by down-modulation of the cellular CD4 receptorKurt Vermeire
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Virology 302:342-53. 2002..3-3.2 microM) and human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) infection (IC50, 0.3-1.5 microM) in T-cell lines and PBMCs...
- Human herpesvirus 7 is latent in gastric mucosaA Gonelli
Section of Microbiology, Department of Experimental and Diagnostic Medicine, University of Ferrara, Italy
J Med Virol 63:277-83. 2001..The present study was undertaken to evaluate a possible etiologic role of human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7)...
- Detection of lymphotropic herpesvirus DNA by polymerase chain reaction in cerebrospinal fluid of AIDS patients with neurological diseaseF Broccolo
Department of Experimental Pathology, Medical Biotechnology, Infectious Diseases and Epidemiology, University of Pisa, 56127 Pisa, Italy
Acta Virol 44:137-43. 2000..found in 26 of 49 patients (53%): CMV in 16 (33%), EBV in 13 (27%), human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) in 2 (4%), human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) in 1 (2%), and human herpesvirus 8 (HHV-8) in 1 (2%)...
- Viral interactions in human lymphoid tissue: Human herpesvirus 7 suppresses the replication of CCR5-tropic human immunodeficiency virus type 1 via CD4 modulationAndrea Lisco
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biophysics, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bldg 10, Rm 9D58, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Virol 81:708-17. 2007..Here, we identified another virus, human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) that interferes with HIV type 1 (HIV-1) replication in human lymphoid tissue, where critical events ..
- Human herpesviruses 6 and 7 in solid organ transplant recipientsV C Emery
Royal Free and University College Medical School, Hampstead, London, United Kingdom
Clin Infect Dis 32:1357-60. 2001..Also discussed is whether the data on the pathological consequences of infection warrant routine screening for these viruses in solid organ transplant recipients...
- Detection and monitoring of human herpesvirus 7 in adult liver transplant patients: impact on clinical course and association with cytomegalovirusR L Thomasini
Department of Pharmacology, State University of Campinas, 13081 970 Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transplant Proc 39:1537-9. 2007..Further studies should be performed including HHV-6 to evaluate the relationship, among beta herpesviruses...
- Invasion by human herpesvirus 6 and human herpesvirus 7 of the central nervous system in patients with neurological signs and symptomsT Yoshikawa
Department of Pediatrics, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Arch Dis Child 83:170-1. 2000..Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) and HHV-7 DNA was detected in cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) and peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC) by nested polymerase chain reaction...
- Risk factors and clinical consequences of human herpesvirus 7 infection in paediatric haematopoietic stem cell transplant recipientsPaul K S Chan
Department of Microbiology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Med Virol 72:668-74. 2004b>Human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) is the least studied beta-herpesvirus in transplant settings. This prospective study examined the activity of HHV-7 during the first 12 weeks post-stem cell transplant in 59 paediatric patients...
- Immunohistochemical assessment of fractalkine, inflammatory cells, and human herpesvirus 7 in human salivary glandsLisa R Latchney
Center for Oral Biology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 52:671-81. 2004..In contrast, HHV-7-infected epithelial cells did not always express fractalkine, suggesting that fractalkine may not be an absolute requirement for viral entry...
- A human herpesvirus 7 glycoprotein, U21, diverts major histocompatibility complex class I molecules to lysosomesA W Hudson
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Virol 75:12347-58. 2001..In doing so, herpesviruses exploit a surprising number of different strategies to evade the immune system. Human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) is a relatively recently discovered member of the herpesvirus family, and little is known about how ..
- Human herpesvirus 7 u21 downregulates classical and nonclassical class I major histocompatibility complex molecules from the cell surfaceNathan A May
Department of Microbiology, Medical College of Wisconsin, 8701 Watertown Plank Road, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
J Virol 84:3738-51. 2010..Here, we show that human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) U21 binds to and downregulates all of the human class I MHC gene products, as well as the murine ..
- Latent infection of human herpesvirus 7 in CD4(+) T lymphocytesFumi Miyake
Department of Pediatrics, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
J Med Virol 78:112-6. 2006To determine the cell populations in peripheral blood that are infected latently with human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7), the real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) was used to determine the quantities of viral DNA in adherent and non-..
- Congenital infections with human herpesvirus 6 (HHV6) and human herpesvirus 7 (HHV7)Caroline Breese Hall
Department of Pediatrics, Cancer Center at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY, USA
J Pediatr 145:472-7. 2004To examine whether: (1) congenital human herpesvirus 6 (HHV6) and human herpesvirus 7 (HHV7) infections occur; whether (2) their manifestations differ from postnatal infections; and whether (3) HHV6 and HHV7 infections differ despite ..
- Molecular biology and clinical associations of Roseoloviruses human herpesvirus 6 and human herpesvirus 7Elisabetta Caselli
Section of Microbiology, Department of Experimental and Diagnostic Medicine, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
New Microbiol 30:173-87. 2007Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) and human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) are members of the Roseolovirus genus within the Betaherpesvirinae subfamily...
- Influenza encephalopathy associated with infection with human herpesvirus 6 and/or human herpesvirus 7Norio Sugaya
Department of Pediatrics, Nippon Kokan Hospital, Kawasaki, Kanagawa 210 0852, Japan
Clin Infect Dis 34:461-6. 2002..In 3 of 8 patients, the presence of human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) DNA was demonstrated in CSF specimens...
- Multiplex real-time PCR for the simultaneous detection of herpes simplex virus, human herpesvirus 6, and human herpesvirus 7Kaoru Wada
Deparmtent of Virology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 53:22-9. 2009..The detection rate for each viral DNA was 6.7% for HSV, 9.5% for HHV-6, and 1.9% for HHV-7. These results indicate that our system is reliable and may be useful for the rapid diagnosis of viral encephalitis/encephalopathy...
- Use of high-dose acyclovir in pityriasis roseaFrancesco Drago
Department of Endocrinological and Metabolic Sciences, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 54:82-5. 2006..The association of human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) and HHV-7 with pityriasis rosea suggests that systemic drugs directed against HHV may hasten recovery of patients with pityriasis rosea...
- The role of human herpesvirus 6, human herpesvirus 7, Epstein-Barr virus and cytomegalovirus in the aetiology of pityriasis roseaB Canpolat Kirac
Department of Dermatology, Gazi University, Besevler, Ankara, Turkey
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 23:16-21. 2009..To identify the role of human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6), HHV-7, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) and cytomegalovirus (CMV) in the pathogenesis of pityriasis rosea (PR)...
- Prospective study of human betaherpesviruses after renal transplantation: association of human herpesvirus 7 and cytomegalovirus co-infection with cytomegalovirus disease and increased rejectionI M Kidd
Department of Virology, Royal Free and University College Medical School of University College London, United Kingdom
Transplantation 69:2400-4. 2000..We have conducted a prospective investigation to compare the natural history of HHV-6 and HHV-7 infection with that of CMV after renal transplantation...
- Progressive and persistent downregulation of surface CXCR4 in CD4(+) T cells infected with human herpesvirus 7P Secchiero
Institute of Human Virology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD and the Human Anatomy Section, Department of Morphology and Embriology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Blood 92:4521-8. 1998We have previously shown that infection of CD4(+) T lymphocytes with the T-lymphotropic human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) downregulates surface CD4, which represents the high-affinity receptor for HHV-7...
- Biologic properties of human herpesvirus 7 strain SBJ B Black
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Virus Res 52:25-41. 1997The growth characteristics of human herpesvirus 7 strain SB (HHV-7 (SB)) were studied in human umbilical cord blood lymphocyte (CBL) cultures...
- Comparison of antiviral compounds against human herpesvirus 6 and 7M Yoshida
Department of Virology, Okayama University Medical School, Japan
Antiviral Res 40:73-84. 1998..were evaluated for inhibitory activity against two variants of human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6A and -6B) and human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7)...
- The identification of primary human herpesvirus 7 infection in young adults with pityriasis rosea by investigating avidity of antibodiesA A T Chuh
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:629-30. 2006
- Human herpesvirus 7J B Black
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
Rev Med Virol 9:245-62. 1999b>Human herpesvirus 7, reported in 1990 is a lymphotropic member of the betaherpesvirus subfamily of herpesviruses...
- Human herpes virus type 7 DNA in the cerebrospinal fluid of children with central nervous system diseasesA Pohl-Koppe
Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany
Eur J Pediatr 160:351-8. 2001..These children were diagnosed with aseptic meningitis (n = 1), viral encephalitis/meningoencephalitis (n = 2), facial palsy (n = 1), vestibular neuritis (n = 1) and febrile seizure (n = 1)...
- Drug-induced hypersensitivity syndrome due to carbamazepine associated with reactivation of human herpesvirus 7Hiroyuki Hara
Department of Dermatology, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Dermatology 211:159-61. 2005..Titers of human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7)-specific IgG antibodies were significantly increased and HHV-7 DNA was detected in his serum by ..
- Comparison of seroprevalences of human herpesvirus-6 and -7 in healthy blood donors from nine countriesG R Krueger
Immunopathology Laboratory, University of Cologne, Germany
Vox Sang 75:193-7. 1998..The purpose of the study was to register antibody prevalences of HHV-7 in various locations of the world in comparison to the closely related HHV-6...
- Drug-induced hypersensitivity syndrome due to mexiletine hydrochloride associated with reactivation of human herpesvirus 7Akiko Yagami
Department of Dermatology, Fujita Health University, School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Dermatology 213:341-4. 2006..All samples, however, were found to contain HHV-7 DNA. Reactivation of HHV-7 could be responsible for drug-induced hypersensitivity syndrome...
- CXC-chemokine receptor 4 is not a coreceptor for human herpesvirus 7 entry into CD4(+) T cellsY Zhang
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Virol 74:2011-6. 2000b>Human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) is a T-lymphotropic virus which utilizes the CD4 receptor as its main receptor to enter the target cells. Hence, HHV-7 can interfere with human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) infection in CD4(+) T cells...
- Lichen planus is associated with human herpesvirus type 7 replication and infiltration of plasmacytoid dendritic cellsH J C de Vries
Department of Dermatology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, PO Box 22700, 1100 DE Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Dermatol 154:361-4. 2006..Lichen planus (LP) is a common inflammatory skin disease of unknown aetiology. Viral causes have been suggested...
- Detection of Epstein-Barr virus and human herpesvirus 7 and 8 genomes in primary cutaneous T- and B-cell lymphomasE Nagore
Department of Dermatology, Hospital General Universitario, C Denia 20 6 a, 46006 Valencia, Spain
Br J Dermatol 143:320-3. 2000..Several studies have investigated the possible involvement of viral agents, particularly herpesviruses, in primary cutaneous lymphoma (PCL)...
- Human herpesvirus 7 induces the functional up-regulation of tumor necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) coupled to TRAIL-R1 down-modulation in CD4(+) T cellsP Secchiero
Department of Morphology and Embryology, Human Anatomy Section, University of Ferrara, Italy
Blood 98:2474-81. 2001b>Human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) is endemic in the adult human population. Although HHV-7 preferentially infects activated CD4(+) T lymphocytes, the consequence of T-cell infection for viral pathogenesis and immunity are still largely unknown...
- Absence of a directly causative role for human herpesvirus 7 in human lymphoma and a review of human herpesvirus 6 in human malignancyZ N Berneman
Division of Hematology, Antwerp University Hospital, University of Antwerp, Edegem, Belgium
Ann Hematol 77:275-8. 1998..disease (HD) and 43 samples (32 lymph node and 11 skin biopsies) from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL) for human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7). Twenty-nine control samples were tested as well, including 17 with benign lymphadenopathy...
- Role of the extracellular domain of human herpesvirus 7 glycoprotein B in virus binding to cell surface heparan sulfate proteoglycansP Secchiero
Institute of Human Virology, Medical Biotechnology Center, University of Maryland at Baltimore, 21201, USA
J Virol 71:4571-80. 1997In an attempt to identify the human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) envelope protein(s) involved in cell surface binding, the extracellular domain of the HHV-7 glycoprotein B (gB) homolog protein was cloned and expressed as a fusion product with ..
- Reactivation of human herpesvirus (HHV) family members other than HHV-6 in drug-induced hypersensitivity syndromeM Seishima
Department of Dermatology, Ogaki Municipal Hospital, Minaminokawa cho 4 86, Ogaki City 503 8502, Japan
Br J Dermatol 155:344-9. 2006..Reactivation of human herpesvirus (HHV)-6 has been reported in patients with DIHS, and some other DIHS patients showed reactivation of cytomegalovirus (CMV) or Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)...
- Correlation between CMV genotypes, multiple infections with herpesviruses (HHV-6, 7) and development of CMV disease in kidney recipients in KuwaitA S Pacsa
Department of Microbiology, Faculty of Medicine, Health Science Center, Kuwait University, P O Box 24923, 13110 Kuwait, Kuwait
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 35:125-30. 2003....
- Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV6) DNA persistence and reactivation in healthy childrenMary T Caserta
Department of Pediatrics, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York, USA
J Pediatr 145:478-84. 2004..primary infection the persistence of human herpesvirus 6 (HHV6) DNA, the presence and frequency of HHV6 re-activation or re-infection, and the relationship of both to illness and the presence of human herpesvirus 7 (HHV7) infection.
- [Chronic fatigue syndrome]Kazuhiro Kondo
Department of Microbiology, The Jikei University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 64:490-5. 2006
- Human herpesvirus-6 and -7 DNA in cerebrospinal fluid of facial palsy patientsMervi Kanerva
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Acta Otolaryngol 128:460-4. 2008..HHV-6 or -7 DNA was revealed in 10% of the CSF samples tested from 70 immunocompetent adolescents and adults; a highly unusual result. How these findings are associated with the diseases they accompany remains to be defined...
- CMV, EBV, HHV6, and HHV7 infections after intestinal transplantation without specific antiviral prophylaxisA Pascher
Departments of General and Transplantation Surgery, Berlin, Germany
Transplant Proc 36:381-2. 2004..To analyze the incidence and relevance of viral infections after intestinal transplantation (ITx) without specific antiviral prophylaxis...
- Detection of human herpesviruses HHV-6, HHV-7 and HHV-8 in whole blood by real-time PCR using the new CMV, HHV-6, 7, 8 R-gene kitC Deback
Service de Virologie du CERVI, UPRES EA 2387, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, Groupe Hospitalier Pitié Salpêtrière AP HP, 83 Boulevard de l hopital, 75651 Paris Cedex 13, France
J Virol Methods 149:285-91. 2008..7% (n=96) in A and B, respectively. These results demonstrate that the new commercial CMV HHV-6, 7, 8 R-gene kit was an efficient and reliable tool for the diagnosis of herpesvirus 6, 7, 8 infections...
- [Human herpesvirus type 6 and type 7 in transplant recipients]Natividad Benito
Servicio de Infecciones Institut Clínic d Infeccions i Inmunologia Hospital Clínic Universitari IDIBAPS Barcelona España
Enferm Infecc Microbiol Clin 21:424-32. 2003....
- Detection of simultaneous beta-herpesvirus infections in clinical syndromes due to defined cytomegalovirus infectionRaymund R Razonable
Division of Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Clin Transplant 17:114-20. 2003..Thus, HHV-7 (and HHV-6) should be considered as a pathogen (or copathogen) in the viral syndromes following organ transplantation...
- [HHV-6 and 7]Yuji Isegawa
Department of Molecular Therapeutics, Laboratory of Applied Bacteriology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 61:594-9. 2003
- Risk of sporadic amyotrophic lateral sclerosis associated with seropositivity for herpesviruses and echovirus-7C Cermelli
Department of Hygiene, Microbiology and Biostatistics, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
Eur J Epidemiol 18:123-7. 2003..The findings of this study warrant further investigation in larger studies of the possible etiologic role of EV or herpesvirus infection in sporadic ALS...
- Human cytomegalovirus, human herpesvirus-6 and human herpesvirus-7 in neutropenic patients with fever of unknown originL Persson
Department of Infectious Diseases, Internal Medicine, Orebro University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden
Clin Microbiol Infect 9:640-4. 2003..To investigate the appearance of cytomegalovirus (CMV) DNA, human herpesvirus-6 (HHV-6) DNA and human herpesvirus-7 (HHV-7) DNA in plasma as a sign of reactivation and possible causes of fever of unknown origin (FUO) during neutropenia...
- No evidence for a major risk of roseolovirus vertical transmission during pregnancyDavid Boutolleau
Clin Infect Dis 36:1634-5. 2003
- Human herpesviruses 6 and 7 and central nervous system infection in childrenAsad Ansari
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado 90262, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 10:1450-4. 2004..HHV-6 was likely pathogenic in two patients with meningitis who lacked evidence of another microbiologic cause. HHV-6 and HHV-7 are uncommon causes of CNS infection in children. HHV-6 may occasionally cause meningitis in young infants...
- Risk of transmission of herpesviruses through cord blood transplantationAdriana Weinberg
University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colorado, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 11:35-8. 2005..Our data show that screening prospective CB donors with anti-CMV immunoglobulin M practically eliminates the risk of CB CMV transmission, but HHV-6 warrants CB testing by polymerase chain reaction...
- Drug-induced hypersensitivity syndrome due to cyanamide associated with multiple reactivation of human herpesvirusesNaoko Mitani
Department of Dermatology, Yokohama City University Medical Center, Yokohama, Japan
J Med Virol 75:430-4. 2005..Disturbance of the immune system was suggested by the persistent low level of IgG, and consecutive viral reactivation may have participated in the prolonged course in this case...
- Association of anticonvulsant hypersensitivity syndrome with Herpesvirus 6, 7Tugba Oskay
Department of Dermatology, Bayindir Hospital, Ankara, Turkey
Epilepsy Res 70:27-40. 2006..Recently, it has been suggested that Human Herpesvirus (HHV) infection has been involved in this syndrome, although the pathogenesis of this syndrome remains still unclear...
- Anatomical mapping of human herpesvirus reservoirs of infectionTiansheng Chen
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 0741, USA
Mod Pathol 19:726-37. 2006..Herpesviruses were detected in three of six whole-blood specimens, including HSV-1, EBV, HHV-6, and HHV-7. These results represent the most comprehensive mapping of herpesvirus tissue distribution in humans reported to date...
- Characteristics and acquisition of human herpesvirus (HHV) 7 infections in relation to infection with HHV-6Caroline Breese Hall
Department of Pediatrics, and Medicine, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Infect Dis 193:1063-9. 2006..These findings, previously unrecognized in otherwise healthy children, suggest that HHV-7 viremia could represent primary or reactivated infection and may be affected by the interaction between HHV-6 and HHV-7...
- Development of the loop-mediated isothermal amplification method for rapid detection of cytomegalovirus DNARyota Suzuki
Division of Pharmacy, Fujita Health University Hospital, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
J Virol Methods 132:216-21. 2006..0, 98.9, 66.7, and 99.4%, respectively...
- Detection of beta-herpesviruses in allogenic stem cell recipients by quantitative real-time PCRJulian Sassenscheidt
Institut fur Virologie, Medizinische Fakultät Carl Gustav Carus, Medizinisch Theoretisches Zentrum, Fiedlerstrasse 42, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Virol Methods 138:40-8. 2006..No evidence for a potential interaction of the roseoloviruses and CMV infections was found...
- Monitoring of human cytomegalovirus, HHV-6 and HHV-7 infection in kidney transplant recipients by molecular methods to predict HCMV disease after transplantation: a prospective studyNada Rayes
Department of General Surgery, Charite Universitätsmedizin Campus Virchow, Humboldt University of Berlin
Ann Transplant 10:23-8. 2005..Recently, highly sensitive molecular assays to detect HCMV, HHV-6 and HHV-7 have been developed but their ability to detect patients at high risk for disease is unclear...
- [Diagnostic tests: Human herpesvirus-6 (HHV-6) and human herpesvirus-7 (HHV-7)]Sadao Suga
Department of Pediatrics, Fujita Health University, Banbuntanehotokukai Hospital
Nihon Rinsho 63:307-9. 2005
- Influence of ganciclovir prophylaxis on citomegalovirus, human herpesvirus 6, and human herpesvirus 7 viremia in renal transplant recipientsM C Galarraga
Department of Virology Microbiology, Hospital Universitaria Central de Asturias, Celestino Villamil, S N, Oviedo, Asturias 33006, Spain
Transplant Proc 37:2124-6. 2005..On the other hand, CMV viremia was longer when HHV-6 replication was present (40 +/- 25 days vs 18 +/- 16 days). In addition, HHV-7 DNA was detected in all patients with CMV disease...
- Detection of human herpesvirus 7 DNA in peripheral blood reflects mainly CD4+ cell count in patients infected with HIVDavid Boutolleau
Laboratoire de Virologie, UPRES EA 2387, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Med Virol 76:223-8. 2005The opportunistic behavior and the potential interactions of human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 in HIV-1-infected patients were investigated in comparison with HHV-6, another human roseolovirus...
- [Pathogenicity and pathogenesis of beta-herpesviruses]Takuya Iwasaki
Division of Clinical Investigation, Institute of Tropical Medicine, Nagasaki University
Nihon Rinsho 64:427-34. 2006
- [Beta-herpesvirus infection of the central nervous system]Yoshihiro Tsutsui
Department of Pathology II, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 64:440-5. 2006
- Severe encephalitis in a haematopoietic stem cell transplant recipient caused by reactivation of human herpesvirus 6 and 7Stephen R Holden
Department of Medical Microbiology, Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust, United Kingdom
J Clin Virol 40:245-7. 2007
- Human herpesvirus-6 and -7 in pediatric stem cell transplantationHelena Savolainen
Division of Hematology Oncology and Stem Cell Transplantation, Hospital for Children and Adolescents, University of Helsinki, Finland
Pediatr Blood Cancer 45:820-5. 2005..The presence of HHV-6 and -7 and their possible association with clinical problems among pediatric recipients of stem cell grafts was studied in a single institution setting between November 1999 and December 2001...
- Influenza-associated encephalopathy: no evidence for neuroinvasion by influenza virus nor for reactivation of human herpesvirus 6 or 7J H van Zeijl
Department of Medical Microbiology, Public Health Laboratory Friesland, Leeuwarden, The Netherlands
Clin Infect Dis 40:483-5. 2005..We conclude that it is unlikely that neuroinvasion by influenza virus or reactivation of either HHV-6 or HHV-7 is involved...
- Human herpesvirus-6 (HHV-6) DNA in plasma reflects the presence of infected blood cells rather than circulating viral particlesAbla Achour
Laboratoire de Virologie, Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris6 EA 2387, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Universite Paris 6, Paris, France
J Clin Virol 38:280-5. 2007..However, it is ignored whether this DNA corresponds to virus particles produced by lymphoid tissue infection or virus-free DNA released from infected circulating blood cells...
- Case 36-2007: a woman with rash, fever, and hypotensionVincent Descamps
N Engl J Med 358:1406; author reply 1406-7. 2008
- Correlation between human herpesvirus 6 and 7 infections after living related liver transplantationM Ihira
Department of Pediatrics, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, Toyoake, Aichi, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 45:225-32. 2001Human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) and human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) are closely related to each other. Interaction between the two viruses at the time of primary HHV-7 infection is suggested by in vivo and in vitro studies...
- Elucidation of the cross-reactive immunoglobulin M response to human herpesviruses 6 and 7 on the basis of neutralizing antibodiesMariko Yoshida
Department of Virology, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama, Japan
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:394-402. 2002..These data suggest that cross-reactive responses to heterologous viruses should be taken into consideration when making a diagnosis based on IgM antibody...
- Human herpesviruses 6 and 7Mary Anne Jackson
Children s Mercy Hospital, and University of Missouri Kansas City, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 21:565-6. 2002
- [Herpesviruses mixed infections in allogeneic steam cell recipients (allo-HSCT)]Barbara Zawilinska
Zakład Wirusologii Katedry Mikrobiologii CM UJ w Krakowie
Przegl Epidemiol 62:39-46. 2008..Assessment of frequency and clinical course of infections with herpesviruses: CMV, EBV, HHV-6 and HHV-7 in patients that underwent non-manipulated allo-HSCT from matched-related donors...
- CMV infection is usually associated with concurrent HHV-6 and HHV-7 antigenemia in liver transplant patientsI Lautenschlager
Department of Virology, Helsinki University Hospital and University of Helsinki, Haartmaninkatu 3, FIN 00290 Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Virol 25:S57-61. 2002..The results support the suggestion that CMV, HHV-6 and -7 may have interactions. The clinical symptoms of CMV infection, may also be linked with HHV-6 or -7...
- Evaluation of the specificity and sensitivity of indirect immunofluorescence tests for IgG to human herpesviruses-6 and -7K N Ward
Department of Virology, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, 46 Cleveland Street, W1T 4JF, London, UK
J Virol Methods 106:107-13. 2002....
- The human herpesviruses and pityriasis rosea: curious covert companions?Caroline Breese Hall
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York, U S A
J Invest Dermatol 119:779-80. 2002
- Pityriasis rosea is associated with systemic active infection with both human herpesvirus-7 and human herpesvirus-6Takahiro Watanabe
Dermatology Branch and Division of Cancer Treatment and Diagnosis, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, NIH Medical Research Scholar Program, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Invest Dermatol 119:793-7. 2002..These results suggest that pityriasis rosea is associated with systemic active infection with both human herpesvirus-7 and human herpesvirus-6...
- Detection of DNA of lymphotropic herpesviruses in plasma of human immunodeficiency virus-infected patients: frequency and clinical significanceFrancesco Broccolo
Division of Infectious Diseases, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 9:1222-8. 2002..Our findings support the hypothesis of a direct involvement of HHV-8 replication in KS pathogenesis, thus emphasizing the usefulness of sensitive and specific diagnostic tests to monitor HHV-8 infection...
- Detection of herpesvirus DNA in the serum of immunocompetent childrenShinya Hara
Department of Pediatrics, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Aichi, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 46:177-80. 2002..When herpesvirus DNA is detected in the serum, a careful interpretation is necessary to diagnose a primary infection or a virus-associated disease...
- A prospective case control study of the association of Gianotti-Crosti syndrome with human herpesvirus 6 and human herpesvirus 7 infectionsAntonio An Tung Chuh
Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong and Queen Mary Hospital, Pokfulam, Hong Kong, SAR
Pediatr Dermatol 19:492-7. 2002..alone, there are no published data on an association between GCS and human herpesvirus 6 (HHV-6) and human herpesvirus 7 (HHV-7) primary infections or reactivations...
- Association between human herpesvirus type 6 and type 7, and cytomegalovirus disease in heart transplant recipientsM de Ona
Unidades de Trasplante Cardiaco y de Virología, Servicios de Cardiología y Microbiología I, Hospital Central de Asturias, Spain
Transplant Proc 34:75-6. 2002
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of human herpesviruses in chronic and acute B cell lymphocytic leukemia and in multiple myelomaS Hermouet
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Leukemia 17:185-95. 2003..Future prospective studies should determine whether patients with high EBV/CMV loads at diagnosis in tumor samples face a higher risk of delayed hematological recovery, virus-related complications or relapse...
- Management of CMV, HHV-6, HHV-7 and Kaposi-sarcoma herpesvirus (HHV-8) infections in patients with hematological malignancies and after SCTP Ljungman
Department of Hematology, Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge, Stockholm, Sweden
Bone Marrow Transplant 42:227-40. 2008..Works presented only as abstracts were used to a very limited extent. The quality of evidence and level of recommendation were graded according to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) criteria...
- Human herpesvirus (HHV)-6 and HHV-7: two closely related viruses with different infection profiles in stem cell transplantation recipientsDavid Boutolleau
Laboratoire de Virologie, UPRES EA 2387, Groupe Hospitalier Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France
J Infect Dis 187:179-86. 2003..1216 EqCop/10(6) PBMC). The kinetics of Roseolovirus loads during the posttransplantation period suggested that HHV-7 may act as a cofactor of HHV-6 reactivation...
- [Pityriasis rosea. Reactivation of human Herpesvirus 6 and 7 infection?]B Korge
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Dermatologie und Venerologie, Cologne
Hautarzt 54:78-9. 2003
- Human beta-herpesvirus interactions in solid organ transplant recipientsJ C Mendez
Division of Infectious Diseases, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Infect Dis 183:179-184. 2001..These results suggest that CMV disease in transplant recipients is related to the unique interaction of the 3 beta-herpesviruses and is ultimately reduced after intravenous Gcv treatment...
- Herpes Consensus PCR test: a useful diagnostic approach to the screening of viral diseases of the central nervous systemA Calvario
Virology Laboratory, Hygiene, Epidemiology and Public Health Department, Policlinico, p za G Cesare, 11 70124 Bari, Italy
J Clin Virol 25:S71-8. 2002....
- Detection of human herpesvirus 7 infection in young children presenting with exanthema subitumIvna de Melo Magalhães
Laboratório 319, Departamento de Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 106:371-3. 2011..Therefore, a careful interpretation is necessary to diagnose a primary infection or a virus-associated disease. In conclusion, we detected HHV-7 DNA in young children from the state of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil...
- Risk of serious neurologic disease after immunization of young children in Britain and IrelandKatherine N Ward
Centre for Virology UCL Campus, Division of Infection and Immunity, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Windeyer Institute of Medical Sciences, 46 Cleveland St, London W1T 4JF, United Kingdom
Pediatrics 120:314-21. 2007..We sought to investigate the risk of serious neurologic disease after immunization in early childhood...
- Detection of human herpesvirus 6 and 7 DNA in saliva from healthy adults from Rio de Janeiro, BrazilIvna M Magalhães
Departamento de Microbiologia e Parasitologia, Instituto Biomedico, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 105:925-7. 2010..PCR methodology thus proved to be a useful tool for Roseolovirus detection and it is important to consider possible geographic and populations differences that could explain the comparatively low prevalence rates described here...
- Prevalence of human papilloma virus and human herpes virus types 1-7 in human nasal polyposisApostolos Zaravinos
Laboratory of Virology, Medical School, University of Crete, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
J Med Virol 81:1613-9. 2009..Double infection with HSV-1 and CMV may also play a minor, though causative, role in nasal polyp development. VZV and HHV-6/-7 do not appear to be involved in the pathogenesis of these mucosal lesions...
- Pregnancy outcome in patients with pityriasis roseaFrancesco Drago
Department of Endocrinological and Metabolic Sciences, Section of Dermatology, University of Genoa, Genoa, Milan
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:S78-83. 2008..The effect of pityriasis rosea (PR) on the outcome of pregnancy has not been previously reported...
- Distribution patterns of beta- and gamma-herpesviruses within Waldeyer's ring organsChristoph Berger
Division of Infectious Diseases, University Children s Hospital of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
J Med Virol 79:1147-52. 2007..This may be of medical importance in immunocompromised hosts who are likely to reactivate HHVs causing severe morbidity and death...
- Combined cytomegalovirus prophylaxis in lung transplantation: effects on acute rejection, lymphocytic bronchitis/bronchiolitis, and herpesvirus infectionsP Solidoro
Division of Pneumology, ASO S Giovanni Battista di Torino and University of Torino, Turin, Italy
Transplant Proc 40:2013-4. 2008..Our data suggested the efficacy of combined CMV prophylaxis to prevent ARE and LB, 2 risk factors for chronic rejection, and a possible role to reduce the trend toward CMV pneumonia and EBV infections...
- [HHV-6 encephalopathy]Yoshiki Kawamura
Department of Pediatrics, Fujita Health University School of Medicine
Nihon Rinsho 69:423-8. 2011..It has been suggested that either ganciclovir or foscarnet has anti-viral effect against HHV-6 in vitro. Therefore either of the two anti-viral drugs might be useful for treatment of HHV-6 encephalitis...
- Spectrum of Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus, or human herpesvirus 8, diseasesDharam V Ablashi
Advanced Biotechnologies Inc, Columbia, Maryland 21046, USA
Clin Microbiol Rev 15:439-64. 2002..In this article, we review the biology, molecular virology, epidemiology, transmission, detection methods, pathogenesis, and antiviral therapy of this newly discovered human herpesvirus...
- [Human herpesvirus latency and fatigue]Kazuhiro Kondo
Department of Microbiology, The Jikei University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Uirusu 55:9-17. 2005..These findings suggest that HHV-6 is reactivated during the work-induced fatigue, and HHV-6 reactivation can be an objective biomarker for fatigue...
- Effect of multiple herpesvirus infections on the progression of HIV disease in a cohort of HIV seroconvertersBarbara Suligoi
Reparto AIDS e MST, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
J Med Virol 69:182-7. 2003..However, even after excluding Kaposi's sarcoma from the AIDS-defining endpoints, a slightly increased risk for participants with four herpesvirus infections remained...
- Relative deficiency in CpG dinucleotides is a widespread but not unique feature of Gammaherpesvirinae genomesM Takacs
Division of Virology, National Center for Epidemiology, P O Box 64, H 1966 Budapest, Hungary
Acta Microbiol Immunol Hung 48:349-57. 2001..DNAs of two strains of human herpesvirus 7, a betaherpesvirus targeting helper T cells, and equine herpesvirus 4, an alphaherpesvirus residing in the ..
- Transformation of T-cell large granular lymphocyte leukaemia into a high-grade large T-cell lymphomaE Matutes
Academic Department of Haematology and Cytogenetics, Royal Marsden Hospital, NHS Trust, Fulham Road, London SW3 6JJ, UK
Br J Haematol 115:801-6. 2001..This is the first case documented by molecular methods of the transformation of the pre-existing clone...
- Herpesvirus-induced telomerase dysregulation and tumor formationKeith William Jarosinski; Fiscal Year: 2011..It will also address the mechanism of herpesvirus integration into the host genome and its importance for latent infection and transformation of lymphocytes. ..
- Immune evasion in a humanized mouse model of HHV-6 infectionAmy W Hudson; Fiscal Year: 2013..HHV-6 also reactivates in hematopoietic cell transplant recipients, resulting in poor neurocognitive outcome and can result in acute limbic encephalitis (3,4). ..
- Novel Methylenecyclopropane Analogues as Anti-Human Herpesvirus 6 and 8 AgentsTerry L Bowlin; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Polyomavirus and Mentoring in Renal TransplantationDaniel C Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2012..To do this we will analyze data extracted from our electronic medical record, clinic notes, and hospital charts. ..
- DEFINING PRIMARY HHV-6 AND HHV7 INFECTIONS IN CHILDRENDanielle Zerr; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will also give me the opportunity to develop the required skills to perform clinical research and to reach my long term goal; to become an independent investigator in an academic institution. ..
- EIGHTEENTH INTERNATIONAL HERPES VIRUS MEETINGJoseph Glorioso; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- Opioid Binding to U51: A Human herpes Virus ProteinJean Bidlack; Fiscal Year: 2002..In addition, because HHV-6 and -7 infect both T lymphocytes and cells of the human central nervous system, this could result in the expression of a novel opioid receptor that is only present in the human neurons and T lymphocytes. ..
- Structural Protein Networks ("Interactome") in HerpesvirusesHeng Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The major practical significance that will result from the above studies is the identification of essential interactions that can be used to develop virus- specific antivirals. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Adaptations of Human Herpesvirus-7 to Salivary GlandsStephen Dewhurst; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- CLINICAL RESEARCH OF INFECTIONS IN TRANSPLANTATIONCarlos Paya; Fiscal Year: 2001..Moreover, it will facilitate to train a cadre of future clinician investigators who will further advance this impor- tant field of clinical medicine. ..
- Reconstitution of Protective CMV Immunity and Immune Regulation After HAARTAdriana Weinberg; Fiscal Year: 2008..These analyses will define the role of TREG in the inadequate CMV immune reconstitution of HAART recipients. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Congenital HHV6 Infection: Characteristics and OutcomeCaroline Hall; Fiscal Year: 2007..Correlation of these measurements with the viral and clinical characteristics in Aim I may allow early identification of risk factors that are predictive of future disabilities. ..
- PRIMARY HHV6 INFECTION--CLINICAL & VIRAL CHARACTERISTICSCaroline Hall; Fiscal Year: 2001..A matched subgroup of 180 (90 with seizures from HHV-6 and 90 with seizures not from HHV-6) will be compared for neurologic development after 3 years by neurologic examinations and standardized neuropsychologic testing. ..
- NEUROCOGNITIVE FUNCTION, HIV LOAD AND SURROGATE MARKERSLeon Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..This diverse cohort of subjects with advanced HIV infection provides a unique opportunity to investigate the relationship between virus load, immune activation and the progression of neurologic dysfunction during HIV infection. ..
- The Efficacy of Reiki in the Treatment of Fibromyalgia & CFSDedra Buchwald; Fiscal Year: 2003..This pilot study could potentially impact the clinical care of the estimated 6 million Americans with FM, and shape the design of future larger, randomized, placebo-controlled trials of Reiki and other energy therapies. ..
- Opportunistic Oral HSV-- Mechanisms of ReactivationCraig Miller; Fiscal Year: 2006....