Genomes and Genes
Summary: The figwort plant family of the order Scrophulariales, subclass Asteridae, class Magnoliopsida. The family is characterized by bisexual flowers with tubular corollas (fused petals) that are bilaterally symmetrical (two-lips) and have four stamens in most, two of which are usually shorter.
Publications179 found, 100 shown here
- Iridoid glucosides from the aerial parts of Globularia alypum L. (Globulariaceae)Nour Eddine Es-Safi
Unite de Phytopharmacie et Mediateurs Chimiques, INRA, Versailles Cedex, France
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:85-8. 2006..The structures of the isolated compounds were established on the basis of ESI-MS, MS-MS, 1D and 2D NMR spectral analysis...
- Antimicrobial activity of Verbascum macrurum Ten. (Scrophulariaceae)C Guarino
Universita degli Studi del Sannio, Dipartimento di Scienze Biologische ed Ambientali, Benevento, Italia
Boll Chim Farm 141:238-42. 2002..The antibacterial activity of each of the samples was tested and it is demonstrated that the extract with the ethanol/water was the most activity one...
- LC-NMR applied to the characterisation of cardiac glycosides from three micropropagated Isoplexis speciesIsabel Gavidia
Centre of Plant Molecular Biology, Auf der Morgenstelle 1, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Phytochem Anal 13:266-71. 2002..canariensis and xysmalogenin and canarigenin derivatives in I. chalcantha never previously reported in these species. Pregnane glycosides not found until now either in Isoplexis or Digitalis were also detected...
- Iridoids from Neopicrorhiza scrophulariiflora and their hepatoprotective activities in vitroHao Wang
Department of Natural Medicinal Chemistry, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210009, P R China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:1144-9. 2006..glycosides, piscrosides A (8) and B (9), were isolated from the roots of Neopicrorhiza scrophulariiflora (Scrophulariaceae), together with seven known iridoids...
- [Chemical constituents from the flower of Paulownia fortunei( seem. ) Hemsl]Wen da Duan
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:168-70. 2007..To study the chemical constituents of the flower of Paulownia fortunei (Seem.) Hemsl...
- The Linderniaceae and Gratiolaceae are further lineages distinct from the Scrophulariaceae (Lamiales)R Rahmanzadeh
Institut für Molekulare Physiologie und Biotechnologie der Pflanzen, Universitat Bonn, Kirschallee 1, 53115 Bonn, Germany
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 7:67-78. 2005The Lamiales are one of the largest orders of angiosperms, with about 22,000 species. The Scrophulariaceae, as one of their most important families, has recently been shown to be polyphyletic...
- Sucrose transporters in two members of the Scrophulariaceae with different types of transport sugarC Knop
, Abteilung Biochemie der Pflanze, , Germany
Planta 213:80-91. 2001..sugar transport in oligosaccharide-translocating and sucrose-translocating species, two members of the Scrophulariaceae, Asarina barclaiana Pennell and Alonsoa meridionalis O...
- Phloem loading in two Scrophulariaceae species. What can drive symplastic flow via plasmodesmata?Olga V Voitsekhovskaja
Albrecht von Haller Institute for Plant Sciences, Plant Biochemistry, 37077 Goettingen, Germany
Plant Physiol 140:383-95. 2006..and phloem, gradients of sugar concentrations and osmotic pressure were studied in leaf tissues of two Scrophulariaceae species, Alonsoa meridionalis and Asarina barclaiana. A...
- Effects of plant-derived compounds on larvae of a blow fly species that causes secondary myiases: laboratory studiesPaul W C Green
Jodrell Laboratory, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, UK
Phytother Res 18:538-41. 2004..The deterrent effect of azadirachtin, pyrethrum and the naphthoquinone BTG 505 together with their larvicidal activity, could be utilized in prophylaxis against myiasis infections due to larvae of Phormia regina...
- Bioconversion of Stemodia maritima diterpenes and derivatives by Cunninghamella echinulata var. elegans and Phanerochaete chrysosporiumAndrew S Lamm
Department of Chemistry, University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica
Phytochemistry 67:1088-93. 2006..The dimethylcarbamate (6) was not transformed by this microorganism. Stemodinone (9) was hydroxylated at C-19 to give 12. Both stemarin (13) and its dimethylcarbamate (14) were recovered unchanged after incubation with Phanerochaete...
- A new flavonoid from Limnophila rugosaK S Mukherjee
Department of Chemistry, Visva Bharati University, 731 235 WB, Santiniketan, India
Fitoterapia 74:188-90. 2003..A minor flavonoid constituent of Limnophila rugosa has been isolated from its petrol extract and identified as 5,7-dihydroxy-8,3',5'-trimethoxyflavone (1)...
- Antibacterial diterpenes from Calceolaria pinifoliaGirma M Woldemichael
Department of Pharmacology, Division of Medicinal Products, College of Pharmacy, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0207, USA
J Nat Prod 66:242-6. 2003..Compound 8 did not afford protection against an acute infection with SA in mice...
- Calmodulin inhibitors from Leucophyllum ambiguumSusana Rojas
Departamento de Farmacia, Facultad de Quimica, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, D F 04510, Mexico
J Nat Prod 66:221-4. 2003..The structure of 1 was unequivocally confirmed by X-ray analysis. Compounds 1-4 interacted with bovine-brain calmodulin and inhibited the activation of the calmodulin-dependent enzyme cAMP phosphodiesterase...
- Iridoid and phenolic glycosides from Wulfenia carinthiacaUlrike W Arnold
Institut fur Pharmazie, Abteilung Pharmakognosie, Universitat Innsbruck, Innrain 52, A 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Z Naturforsch C 57:969-75. 2002..Structure elucidations were based on high-resolution mass spectrometry and extensive 1-D and 2-D NMR spectroscopy...
- Antibacterial activity of a stearic acid derivative from Stemodia foliosaLourinalda Luiza Dantas da Silva
Departamento de Antibióticos Centro de Ciências Biológicas, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, PE, Brazil
Planta Med 68:1137-9. 2002From the hexane-soluble fraction of an ethanol extract from leaves and stems of Stemodia foliosa (Scrophulariaceae), the new stearic acid 4-[(n-pentoxy)phenethyl] ester (1) was isolated...
- The occurrence of iridoid glycosides in Cymbalaria spp. in ItalyM Serafini
Dipartimento di Biologia Vegetale, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, P le A Moro 5, 00185 Roma, Italia
Nat Prod Res 18:325-7. 2004..The occurrence of iridoid glycosides in a number of Cymbalaria spp. collected in Italy is shown and chemosystematic implications are discussed...
- A new cucurbitacin from Picria fel-terraeJ M Zou
Guilin Sanjin Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Guilin, 541004, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 8:367-71. 2006..The purity of picfeltarraenin IA has been determined by TLC and HPLC...
- Hypoglycaemic effect of Rubus fructicosis L. and Globularia alypum L. in normal and streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsHassan Jouad
Faculty of Sciences and Techniques, UFR Physiology of the Nutrition and Endocrinian Pharmacology, B P 509 Errachidia, Morocco
J Ethnopharmacol 81:351-6. 2002..1 and 14.5 g/kg for RF and GA respectively. These findings indicate that RF and GA represent an effective blood glucose lowering and a potential source for discovery of new orally active component(s) for future therapy...
- Hepatoprotective phenylpropanoids from Scrophularia buergeriana roots against CCl(4)-induced toxicity: action mechanism and structure-activity relationshipEun Ju Lee
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Planta Med 68:407-11. 2002Phenylpropanoids isolated from the roots of Scrophularia buergeriana MIQ. (Scrophulariaceae) protected primary cultures of rat hepatocytes from toxicity induced by carbon tetrachloride (CCl(4) )...
- Two phenylpropanoid glycosides from Neopicrorhiza scrophulariifloraIk Hwi Kim
National Institute of Health Sciences NIHS, Tokyo, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:275-7. 2006..scrophulosides A (1) and B (2), were isolated from the rhizomes of Neopicrorhiza scrophulariiflora (Scrophulariaceae), along with two known compounds, androsin (3) and picroside I...
- Investigation of the importance of the C-2 oxygen function in the transformation of stemodin analogues by Rhizopus oryzae ATCC 11145Glenroy D A Martin
Department of Chemistry, University of the West Indies, Mona, Kingston 7, Jamaica
Phytochemistry 65:701-10. 2004..The results provide useful information about the relationship between the functional groups of the substrates and their potential for bioconversion...
- [Isolation and identification of a new cucurbitacin from Picria fel-terrae]Jie ming Zou
Guilin Sanjin Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Guilin 541004, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 39:910-2. 2004..To study compounds isolated from Picria fel-terrae...
- [Studies on chemical constituents from herb of Hemiphragma heterophyllum]Liang Tian
Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100050, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 29:528-31. 2004..To study the chemical constituents from Hemiphragma heterophyllum...
- Analgesic properties of Capraria biflora leaves aqueous extractS L Acosta
Pharmacy Department, Chemical and Pharmacy School, Central University of Las Villas, Carretera a Camajuaní km 5 5, Santa Clara, Villa Clara, Cuba
Fitoterapia 74:686-8. 2003..The aqueous extract (50-200 mg kg(-1)) produced moderate inhibition of acetic acid-induced writhing in mice. At the same doses, a better analgesic effect was observed on the hot plate test...
- [Study on the chemical constituents from Picria fel-tarrae]Li Sheng Wang
Institute of Chinese Medica, Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100102, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 29:149-52. 2004..To isolate and identify compounds from Picria fel-tarrae in order to utilize it better...
- A new picfeltarraenone glycoside from Picria fel-terraeJie ming Zou
Guilin Sanjin Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Guilin 541004, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:36-8. 2005..To investigate the chemical constituents from Picria fel-terrae Lour...
- Limnophilaspiroketone, a highly oxygenated phenolic derivative from Limnophila geoffrayiDae Sik Jang
Department of Medicinal Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Nat Prod 68:1134-6. 2005..The structure of 1 was determined based on spectroscopic data interpretation. This novel isolate, obtained as a major secondary metabolite constituent, was verified as a racemate using the Mosher ester method...
- Antioxidant constituents of the aerial parts of Globularia alypum growing in MoroccoNour Eddine Es-Safi
Unite de Phytopharmacie et Mediateurs Chimiques, INRA, Route de Saint Cyr, 78026 Versailles Cedex, France
J Nat Prod 68:1293-6. 2005..Evaluation of the antioxidative activity, conducted in vitro, showed that the isolated phenylethanoids and flavonoid glycosides possess strong effects of this type...
- On-line identification of unstable iridoids from Jamesbrittenia fodina by HPLC-MS and HPLC-NMRA L Cogne
Laboratoire de Pharmacognosie et Phytochimie, Ecole de Pharmacie Genève Lausanne, Section des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Universite de Geneve, Switzerland
Phytochem Anal 16:429-39. 2005HPLC-UV-MS analysis of the methanol extract of Jamesbrittenia fodina (Wild) O. M. Hilliard (Scrophulariaceae) revealed the presence of different iridoid cinnamic esters; however, isolation of these constituents was prevented by ..
- Diterpenoids from Calceolaria inamoenaJuan A Garbarino
Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria, Casilla 110 V, Valparaiso, Chile
Phytochemistry 65:903-8. 2004....
- Two new triterpenoids from Picria fel-terraeL Sheng Wang
Guilin Sanjin Pharmaceutical Company Ltd, No 1 Goldstar Road, Guilin 541004, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 8:491-4. 2006..along with three known ones, picfeltarraegenin VI (3), picfeltarraenins VI (4) and VII (5). Their structures have been elucidated by means of spectroscopic methods...
- Phenylethanoid and iridoid glycosides from Veronica persicaU Sebnem Harput
Laboratory of Pharmacognosy, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Nagoya City University, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:869-71. 2002....
- Plantainoside D protects adriamycin-induced apoptosis in H9c2 cardiac muscle cells via the inhibition of ROS generation and NF-kappaB activationDo Sung Kim
Department of Pharmacology and Institute of Cardiovascular Research, School of Medicine, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju, Chonbuk 560 180, Republic of Korea
Life Sci 80:314-23. 2007Plantainoside D (PD), was isolated from the leaves of Picrorhiza scrophulariiflora (Scrophulariaceae). The anti-oxidative activity of PD was evaluated based on scavenging effects on hydroxyl radicals and superoxide anion radicals...
- Geranylated flavanones from the secretion on the surface of the immature fruits of Paulownia tomentosaTeigo Asai
Department of Chemistry and Materials Science, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Meguro, Tokyo 152 8551, Japan
Phytochemistry 69:1234-41. 2008....
- Antibacterial C-geranylflavonoids from Paulownia tomentosa FruitsKarel Smejkal
Department of Natural Drugs, University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences Brno, Palackeho 1 3, CZ 612 42 Brno, Czech Republic
J Nat Prod 71:706-9. 2008..The antibacterial activities of 1- 8 against seven bacteria and yeast were evaluated...
- Antioxidative activity of the flower of Torenia fournieriKazutoshi Shindo
Department of Food and Nutrition, Japan Women s University, 2 8 1 Mejirodai, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, 112 8681, Japan
J Nat Med 62:247-8. 2008..Bioassay-guided isolation of the active compounds from a CH(2)Cl(2)-MeOH (1:1) extract led to the isolation of acteoside (1), luteolin-7-O-beta-glucoside (2), apigenin-7-O-alpha-rhamnosyl-(1-->6)-beta-glucoside (3), and apigetrin (4)...
- On-line identification of unstable catalpol derivatives from Jamesbrittenia fodina by LC-mS and LC-NMRA L Cogne
Institut de Pharmacognosie et Phytochimie, Universite de Lausanne, CH 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Phytochem Anal 14:67-73. 2003LC-UV-MS analysis of the methanol extract of Jamesbrittenia fodina O. M. Hilliard (Scrophulariaceae) revealed the presence of cinnamic ester derivatives. Two isomeric pairs of these constituents were detected, but could not be isolated...
- De novo regeneration of Scrophularia yoshimurae Yamazaki (Scrophulariaceae) and quantitative analysis of harpagoside, an iridoid glucoside, formed in aerial and underground parts of in vitro propagated and wild plants by HPLCA P Sagare
Department of Agronomy Taiwan Agricultural Research Institute, Wufeng, Taichung
Biol Pharm Bull 24:1311-5. 2001A protocol for de novo regeneration and rapid micropropagation of Scrophularia yoshimurae (Scrophulariaceae) has been developed...
- Dammarane triterpene saponin from Bacopa monniera as the superoxide inhibitor in polymorphonuclear cellsR Pawar
Department of Natural Products, National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER, Punjab, India
Planta Med 67:752-4. 2001The hydroalcoholic extract of the whole plant of Bacopa monniera Wettst. (Scrophulariaceae), exhibited an inhibitory effect on superoxide released from polymorphonuclear (PMN) cells in the nitroblue tetrazolium (NBT) assay...
- Wound healing activity of acylated iridoid glycosides from Scrophularia nodosaPhilip C Stevenson
Jodrell Laboratory, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, TW9 3DS, UK
Phytother Res 16:33-5. 2002..78 microg/mL but was not significantly different from the control at 100 microg/mL. The presence of these compounds in the mature seed pods may explain the ethnobotanical use of this plant in Europe for healing wounds...
- Antioxidant and vascular protective activities of Cratoxylum formosum, Syzygium gratum and Limnophila aromaticaUpa Kukongviriyapan
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
Biol Pharm Bull 30:661-6. 2007..It was concluded that the plant extracts possess antioxidants and have potential roles in protection of vascular dysfunction...
- Structure of a geranyl-alpha-pyrone from Mimulus aurantiacus leaf resinJ Daniel Hare
Department of Entomology, University of California, College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences, Riverside, CA 92521 0314, USA
Phytochemistry 59:375-8. 2002..This compound is shown to be 3-geranyl-4-hydroxy-6-(2-hydroxypropyl)-2-pyrone...
- Iridoid glycosides and cucurbitacin glycoside from Neopicrorhiza scrophulariifloraIk Hwi Kim
National Institute of Health Sciences, 1 18 1 Kamiyoga, Setagaya Ku, Tokyo 158 8501, Japan
Phytochemistry 67:2691-6. 2006..glycoside, scrophoside A (4), were isolated from the rhizomes of Neopicrorhiza scrophulariiflora (Scrophulariaceae), along with two known iridoid glycosides, picrosides I (5) and II (6), and three known cucurbitacin ..
- Phytochemistry and molecular systematics of Triaenophora rupestris and Oreosolen wattii (Scrophulariaceae)Søren Rosendal Jensen
Department of Chemistry, The Technical University of Denmark, Kemitorvet, Build 201, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark
Phytochemistry 69:2162-6. 2008..All three genera were previously included in tribe Veroniceae which was part of Scrophulariaceae but which is now included in Plantaginaceae...
- New diterpenoids from Calceolaria polifoliaJuan A Garbarino
Departamento de Quimica, Universidad Tecnica Federico Santa Maria, Casilla 110 V, Valparaiso, Chile juan garbarino
Nat Prod Res 21:135-40. 2007..Four new and seven known diterpenes have been isolated from the dichloromethane extract of the aerial parts of Calceolaria polifolia. The structures of the new compounds were established by spectroscopic evidence...
- Antibacterial activity of labdane diterpenoids from Stemodia foliosaLourinalda Luiza Dantas da Silva
Departamento de Quimica, Universidade Federal Rural de Pernambuco, Rua Dom Manoel de Medeiros, S N 52171 900 Recife, PE, Brazil
J Nat Prod 71:1291-3. 2008..subtilis, B. anthracis, Micrococcus luteus, Mycobacterium smegmatis, and M. phlei. Compound 2 showed moderate activity against these strains, with MIC values in the range 7-20 microg/mL...
- An enzyme-linked immunosorbant assay using polyclonal antibodies against bacopaside IWatoo Phrompittayarat
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Naresuan University, Phitsanulok 65000, Thailand
Anal Chim Acta 584:1-6. 2007..95-62.5 ng mL(-1) of bacopaside I and the limit of detection was 0.1 ng mL(-1). The method was validated and the applicability of the ELISA for analyzing saponin glycosides from Brahmi was demonstrated...
- In vitro modulation of telomerase activity, telomere length and cell cycle in MKN45 cells by verbascosideFangxin Zhang
Department of Chemistry, Lanzhou University, People s Republic of China
Planta Med 68:115-8. 2002....
- Antiviral activity of seven iridoids, three saikosaponins and one phenylpropanoid glycoside extracted from Bupleurum rigidum and Scrophularia scorodoniaPaulina Bermejo
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University Complutense, Madrid, Spain
Planta Med 68:106-10. 2002..6 % at 500 microg/ml). However, none of the compounds tested in this survey had any effect against poliovirus...
- A phenylpropanoid glycoside with antioxidant activity from Picria tel-feraeNguyen Duy Thuan
National Institute of Medicinal Materials, 3B Quangtrung, Hanoi, Vietnam
Arch Pharm Res 30:1062-6. 2007..These findings, together with those of previous studies, suggest that P. tel-ferae possesses abundant phenylpropanoid glycosides, and the plant might be used beneficially in the treatment of oxidative stress-related human diseases...
- Medicinal plant treatments for fleas and ear problems of cats and dogs in British Columbia, CanadaCheryl Lans
DVM, P O Box 72045, Sasamat, Vancouver, BC V6R4P2, Canada
Parasitol Res 103:889-98. 2008..Myrtaceae), Origanum vulgare L. (Labiatae), Ricinus communis L. (Euphorbiaceae), Syzygium aromaticum (L.) Merr. & L. M. Perry (Myrtaceae), Thymus vulgaris L. (Lamiaceae), and Verbascum thapsus L. (Scrophulariaceae).
- Ethnomedicine in Himalaya: a case study from Dolpa, Humla, Jumla and Mustang districts of NepalRipu M Kunwar
Center for Biological Conservation, Nepal
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 2:27. 2006..Labiatae was the most medicinally important family with five species used, followed by Araceae, Compositae, Liliaceae, Polygonaceae, Ranunculaceae, Scrophulariaceae and Umbelliferae, each contributing four species.
- Anti-diabetic agents from natural products--an update from 2004 to 2009Lian Wen Qi
Key Laboratory of Modern Chinese Medicines, China Pharmaceutical University, Ministry of Education, Nanjing 210009, China
Curr Top Med Chem 10:434-57. 2010..Araliaceae, Liliaceae, Chenopodiaceae, Solanaceae, Compositae, Campanulaceae, Cornaceae, Rhamnaceae, Scrophulariaceae, Euphorbiaceae, Ginkgoceae, Gramineae, Myrtaceae, Sterculiaceae, Annonaceae, Labiatae, Crassulaceae, and ..
- Anti-ulcerogenic activity of some plants used in folk medicine of Pinarbasi (Kayseri, Turkey)Ilhan Gurbuz
Gazi University, Faculty of Pharmacy, Department of Pharmacognosy, Etiler 06330, Ankara
J Ethnopharmacol 101:313-8. 2005..cheiranthifolium (Scrophulariaceae) according to their described folkloric applications...
- Indian medicinal plants as antiradicals and DNA cleavage protectorsA Russo
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, Italy
Phytomedicine 8:125-32. 2001Celastrus paniculatus L. (Celastraceae) (CP), Picrorhiza kurroa L. (Scrophulariaceae) (PK) and Withania somnifera L...
- Phylogenetics of asterids based on 3 coding and 3 non-coding chloroplast DNA markers and the utility of non-coding DNA at higher taxonomic levelsBirgitta Bremer
Department of Systematic Botany, Evolutionary Biology Centre, Norbyvagen 18D, SE 752 36 Uppsala, Sweden
Mol Phylogenet Evol 24:274-301. 2002..g., Tetrameristaceae, Ebenaceae, Styracaceae, Montiniaceae, Orobanchaceae, and Scrophulariaceae (by inclusion of Pellicieraceae, Lissocarpaceae, Halesiaceae, Kaliphoraceae, Cyclocheilaceae, and Myoporaceae+..
- An S-RNase-based gametophytic self-incompatibility system evolved only once in eudicotsJorge Vieira
Molecular Evolution Group, Instituto de Biologia Celular e Molecular IBMC, University of Porto, Rua do Campo Alegre 823, 4150 180, Porto, Portugal
J Mol Evol 67:179-90. 2008..Nevertheless, sequences that belong to the S-RNase lineage have been found in the Solanaceae, Scrophulariaceae, Rosaceae, Cucurbitaceae, and Fabaceae plant families only...
- [Cytochrome P450 enzymes in biosyntheses of some plant secondary metabolites]Kenichiro Inoue
Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu 502 8585, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 125:31-49. 2005..benzoquinol) ring and is widespread in families such as Cornaceae, Oleaceae, and Scrophulariaceae but its biosynthesis, especially the oxidative process, remain to be investigated...
- Co-pigmentation and flavonoid glycosyltransferases in blue Veronica persica flowersEiichiro Ono
Institute for Health Care Science, Suntory Ltd, Mishima, Osaka, Japan
Phytochemistry 71:726-35. 2010..A survey of flavonoids in the blue flowers of Veronica persica Poiret (Lamiales, Scrophulariaceae), which is native of Eurasia and now widespread worldwide, led to the identification of highly glycosylated ..
- Suggested pharmacophagy of the African bushhopper Phymateus leprosus (Fabricius) (Pyrgomorphidae, Orthoptera)U Seibt
, Federal Republic of Germany
Z Naturforsch C 55:442-8. 2000..Asclepiadaceae, like Apocynaceae and Scrophulariaceae, contain cardiac glycosides. Raw and purified extracts of these plants phagostimulate larval and adult P...
- Identification of stylar RNases associated with gametophytic self-incompatibility in almond (Prunus dulcis)R Tao
Faculty of Agriculture, Kyoto University, Japan
Plant Cell Physiol 38:304-11. 1997..revealed that they were highly homologous to each other and similar to the S-RNases of Malus, Pyrus, Scrophulariaceae, and Solanaceae...
- Assessing hybridization in natural populations of Penstemon (Scrophulariaceae) using hypervariable intersimple sequence repeat (ISSR) bandsA D Wolfe
Department of Plant Biology, Ohio State University, Columbus 43210 1293, USA
Mol Ecol 7:1107-25. 1998..ISSR primers to examine patterns of hybridization and purported examples of hybrid speciation in Penstemon (Scrophulariaceae) in a hybrid complex involving P. centranthifolius, P. grinnellii, P. spectabilis and P. clevelandii...
- Impact of nitrate supply in C and N assimilation in the parasitic plant Striga hermonthica (Del.) Benth (Scrophulariaceae) and its host Sorghum bicolor LP Simier
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique UMR 6006, Universite de Nantes, Faculte des Sciences et Techniques, BP 92208, 2 rue de la Houssiniere, F 44322 Nantes, France
Plant Cell Environ 29:673-81. 2006..This confirmed the central role of asparagine in the N metabolism of S. hermonthica, although this detoxification pathway was insufficient to limit ammonium accumulation under higher nitrate loads...
- Screening for free radical scavenging and cell aggregation inhibitory activities by secondary metabolites from Turkish Verbascum speciesI Irem Tatli
Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Faculty of Pharmacy, Hacettepe University, Sihhiye, Ankara, Turkey
Z Naturforsch C 62:673-8. 2007..V. lasianthum Boiss. ex Bentham, V pterocalycinum var. mutense Hub.-Mor., and V. salviifolium Boiss. (Scrophulariaceae) were investigated...
- Biological and pharmacological activities of iridoids: recent developmentsRosa Tundis
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy and Nutrition and Health Sciences, University of Calabria, Rende CS, Italy
Mini Rev Med Chem 8:399-420. 2008..monoterpenoids that occur wide-spread in nature, mainly in dicotyledonous plant families like Apocynaceae, Scrophulariaceae, Diervillaceae, Lamiaceae, Loganiaceae and Rubiaceae...
- Evaluation of antiprotozoal and antimycobacterial activities of the resin glycosides and the other metabolites of Scrophularia cryptophilaDeniz Tasdemir
Centre for Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy, School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London WC1N 1AX, UK
Phytomedicine 15:209-15. 2008..In this study, crypthophilic acids A-C (1-3), the first resin glycosides occurring in another family (Scrophulariaceae), and the other constituents of Scrophularia cryptophila were examined for in vitro antiprotozoal and ..
- Antihepatotoxic activity and chemical constituents of Buddleja asiatica LourMaher M El-Domiaty
Department of Pharmacognosy, Faculty of Pharmacy, Zagazig University, Zagazig, Egypt
Z Naturforsch C 64:11-9. 2009..family Scrophulariaceae)...
- Ultrastructural features of Mimulus aurantiacus (Scrophulariaceae) pollen tubes in vivoNuran Ekici
Department of Science Education, Faculty of Education, Trakya University, Aysekadin, Edirne, Turkey, 22030
An Acad Bras Cienc 81:29-37. 2009..Vacuolation and plug formation zone: Cytoplasm of the tubes was full of large vacuoles. Few organelles such as mitochondria, dictyosome and rough endoplasmic reticulum were detected along their periphery...
- Parasitic angiosperms, semagenesis and general strategies for plant-plant signaling in the rhizosphereAndrew G Palmer
Department of Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30030, USA
Pest Manag Sci 65:512-9. 2009..In a process known as semagenesis, ROS generated at the root tip of Striga asiatica (L.) Kuntze (Scrophulariaceae) function together with host peroxidases to oxidize monolignols at the host root surface...
- Surface flavonoid aglycones in newly studied plant speciesM Nikolova
Institute of Botany, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, 23 Acad G Bonchev Str, 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
Nat Prod Res 20:103-6. 2006Several newly studied species of the Scrophulariaceae, Lamiaceae, and Ranunculaceae spread in Bulgaria have been analyzed for their surface flavonoid profiles. Except Pulsatilla montana (Hope) Rchb...
- Molecular characterization of isolates of anagyris vein yellowing virus, plantago mottle virus and scrophularia mottle virus -- comparison of various approaches for tymovirus classificationR Koenig
Biologische Bundesanstalt für Land und Forstwirtschaft, Institut für Pflanzenvirologie, Mikrobiologie und biologische Sicherheit, Braunschweig, Germany
Arch Virol 150:2325-38. 2005..recombinant virus which is widely spread in commercially grown ornamental plant species belonging to the Scrophulariaceae. Total nucleotide and coat protein amino acid sequence identities revealed similar groupings in the genus ..
- Combined antiinfluenza virus activity of Flos verbasci infusion and amantadine derivativesJ Serkedjieva
Institute of Microbiology, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia, Bulgaria
Phytother Res 14:571-4. 2000The infusion prepared from flowers of Verbascum thapsiforme Schrad. (Scrophulariaceae) (FVI) reduced the infectious and haemagglutination yields of a range of influenza viruses in tissue cultures...
- Rehmannia glutinosa: review of botany, chemistry and pharmacologyRu Xue Zhang
Clinical Pharmacy Key Discipline of State Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Lanzhou General Hospital, Lanzhou Command, PLA, Lanzhou 730050, PR China
J Ethnopharmacol 117:199-214. 2008Rehmannia glutinosa, a widely used traditional Chinese herb, belongs to the family of Scrophulariaceae, and is taken to nourish Yin and invigorate the kidney in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and has a very high medicinal value...
- Wound healing and protease inhibition activity of Bacoside-A, isolated from Bacopa monnieri wettestR Sharath
PG Department and Research in Biotechnology and Bioinformatics, Kuvempu University, Shankaraghatta, Karnataka, India
Phytother Res 24:1217-22. 2010Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettest. (Scrophulariaceae) is a well-known medicinal herb. In the Indian system of medicine it is known as Brahmi (Sanskrit) and Indian water hyssop...
- The powdery mildew fungus Podosphaera fusca (synonym Podosphaera xanthii), a constant threat to cucurbitsAlejandro Pérez-García
Grupo de Microbiología y Patología Vegetal Unidad Asociada al CSIC, Departamento de Microbiologia, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Malaga, 29071 Malaga, Spain
Mol Plant Pathol 10:153-60. 2009..Although great efforts have been invested in disease control, by contrast, many basic aspects of the biology of P. fusca remain unknown...
- Corolla herbivory, pollination success and fruit predation in complex flowers: an experimental study with Linaria lilacina (Scrophulariaceae)Alfonso M Sánchez-Lafuente
Departamento de Biología Vegetal y Ecología, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad de Sevilla, Avd Reina Mercedes 9, 41012 Sevilla, Spain
Ann Bot 99:355-64. 2007....
- Phenylpropanoid glycosides from Scrophularia scorodonia: in vitro anti-inflammatory activityAna María Díaz
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University Alcala, Alcala de Henares, 28871 Madrid, Spain
Life Sci 74:2515-26. 2004Five phenylpropanoid glycosides isolated from Scrophularia scorodonia L. (Scrophulariaceae), namely angoroside A (1), angoroside C (2), angoroside D (3), acteoside (4) and isoacteoside (5), had been evaluated as potential inhibitors of ..
- Anti-amnestic activity of E-p-methoxycinnamic acid from Scrophularia buergerianaSo Ra Kim
College of Pharmacy, Seoul National University, San 56 1, Shillim Dong, Kwanak gu, Seoul, 151 742, South Korea
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 17:454-61. 2003We previously reported that phenylpropanoids isolated from the roots of Scrophularia buergeriana Miquel (Scrophulariaceae) protected cultured cortical neurons against glutamate-induced neurotoxicity [Kim and Kim, Phytochemistry, 54 (2000) ..
- Familial placement and relations of Rehmannia and Triaenophora (Scrophulariaceae s.l.) inferred from five gene regionsZhi Xia
State Key Laboratory of Systematic and Evolutionary Botany, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 20 Nanxincun, Xiangshan, Beijing 100093, China
Am J Bot 96:519-30. 2009..More than five phylogenetic lineages have been recognized from Scrophulariaceae sensu lato since the family was determined to be polyphyletic; however, questions remain about the genera ..
- Cognitive enhancement and neuroprotective effects of Bacopa monnieri in Alzheimer's disease modelNongnut Uabundit
Department of Physiology Neuroscience Program and Graduate School, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
J Ethnopharmacol 127:26-31. 2010Bacopa monnieri (L.) Wettst., a plant belonging to the family Scrophulariaceae, has been used in the traditional system of Ayurvedic medicine to improve intelligence and memory for a long time...
- Antiinflammatory effects in THP-1 cells treated with verbascosideLorenza Speranza
Department of Biomorphology, University G D Annunzio, Chieti, Italy
Phytother Res 24:1398-404. 2010Verbascum thapsus commonly known as 'mullein' is part of a large family of Scrophulariaceae consisting of more than 360 species...
- In vitro safety evaluation and anticlastogenic effect of BacoMind on human lymphocytesDlpanwita Dutta Deb
Natural Remedies Pvt Ltd, 19 K M Stone, Hosur Road, Plot No 5B Veerasandra Indl Area Bangalore 560100, India
Biomed Environ Sci 21:7-23. 2008BacoMind (BM) is a standardized extract of Bacopa monnieri, which belongs to the family Scrophulariaceae and is a creeping annual plant found throughout the Indian subcontinent...
- Evolutionary relationships among self-incompatibility RNasesB Igic
Section of Ecology, Behavior, and Evolution, University of California at San Diego, 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:13167-71. 2001..self-pollen recognition and rejection in three distantly related families of flowering plants-the Solanaceae, Scrophulariaceae, and Rosaceae...
- Free radical scavenging capacity and protective effect of Bacopa monniera L. on DNA damageAlessandra Russo
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, V le A Doria 6, 95125, Catania, Italy
Phytother Res 17:870-5. 2003Bacopa monniera L. (family Scrophulariaceae) (BM) is an Ayurvedic medicine, clinically used for memory enhancing, epilepsy, insomnia and as a mild sedative...
- On the origin of self-incompatibility haplotypes: transition through self-compatible intermediatesM K Uyenoyama
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina 27708 0338, USA
Genetics 157:1805-17. 2001..In species of the Solanaceae, Rosaceae, and Scrophulariaceae, the inhibiting factor is an extracellular ribonuclease (S-RNase) secreted by stylar tissue...
- Gametophytic self-incompatibility: understanding the cellular mechanisms involved in "self" pollen tube inhibitionBruce A McClure
Department of Biochemistry, 105 Christopher S Bond Life Sciences Center, 1201 E Rollins St, Columbia, MO, 65211 7310, USA
Planta 224:233-45. 2006..One GSI mechanism, which is found in the Solanaceae, Rosaceae and Scrophulariaceae, has S-RNase as the pistil S-component and an F-box protein as the pollen S-component...
- Iridoid glucosides from Kickxia abhaica D.A. Sutton from ScrophulariaceaeAdnan J Al-Rehaily
Department of Pharmacognosy, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, P O Box 2457, Riyadh 11451, Saudi Arabia
Phytochemistry 67:429-32. 2006..The structures of the iridoid glucosides 1-2 were established by 1D and 2D NMR spectral data, including COSY, HMQC and HMBC experiments, as well as HRMS...
- Seasonal variations in the harpagoside content of Scrophularia scorodonia LJ De Santos Galindez
Departamento de Farmacologia, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Espana
Z Naturforsch C 55:1035-7. 2000Seasonal variations on the content of harpagoside in Scrophularia scorodonia L. (Scrophulariaceae) were investigated using plants collected monthly from January to December in 1995...
- Potential antitumor agents: flavones and their derivatives from Linaria reflexa DesfRosa Tundis
Department of Pharmaceutical Science, University of Calabria, I 87030 Rende CS, Italy
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 15:4757-60. 2005The antiproliferative activity of several flavonoids isolated from Linaria reflexa Desf. (Scrophulariaceae) was evaluated in vitro by the SRB assay against the large cell lung carcinoma cell line COR-L23, hepatocellular carcinoma cell ..
- Ultrastructure of endothelium in ovules of Penstemon gentianoides Poir. (Scrophulariaceae) at mature embryo sac phaseFeruzan Dane
Biology Department, Science and Art Faculty, Trakya University, 22030 Edirne, Turkey
Acta Biol Hung 58:225-33. 2007..There are also plasmodesmas on the anticlinal walls of endothelial cells. The endothelium and the micropylar integumentary cells play a role in transport of metabolites into the embryo sac...
- Evaluation of soil properties and flora under afforestation and natural forest in semi-arid climate of central AnatoliaCeyhun Gol
Faculty of Forestry, Cankiri Karatekin University, 18200 Cankiri, Turkey
J Environ Biol 31:21-31. 2010..families in the research area were Asteraceae, Fabaceae, Lamiaceae, Poaceae, Brassicaceae, Caryophyllaceae, Scrophulariaceae, Boraginaceae, Apiaceae and Rosaceae. The rate of the richest families was 71...
- Glycosidic monoterpenes from Linaria caprariaArmandodoriano Bianco
Dipartimento di Chimica Università La Sapienza e Istituto di Chimica Biomolecolare del CNR, Piazzale Aldo Moro 5, 00185, Roma, Italy
Nat Prod Res 18:241-6. 2004During our systematic study on the species of genus Linaria (Scrophulariaceae) present in Italy, we examined the glycosidic fraction of Linaria capraria Moris et De Not., a species endemic of Tuscany archipelago...
- Evolution of plastid gene rps2 in a lineage of hemiparasitic and holoparasitic plants: many losses of photosynthesis and complex patterns of rate variationC W dePamphilis
Department of Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37235, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:7367-72. 1997..The parasitic Scrophulariaceae and Orobanchaceae, representing a continuum of heterotrophic ability ranging from photosynthetic ..
- Rehmannia glutinosa ameliorates the progressive renal failure induced by 5/6 nephrectomyByung Cheol Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Oriental Medicine, Kyung Hee University, 1 Hoegi dong, Dongdaemun ku, Seoul 130 702, Republic of Korea
J Ethnopharmacol 122:131-5. 2009Rehmannia glutinosa, the steamed root of the Scrophulariaceae family, has been widely used in Asian countries for the treatment of renal diseases...
- Taxonomical markers in two endemic plants of Sardinia: Verbascum conocarpum and Scrophularia trifoliataAlessia Ramunno
Dipartimento di Chimica, Piazzale Aldo Moro, 5 00185 Roma
Nat Prod Res 20:511-6. 2006..The main chemotaxonomic markers of Scrophulariaceae, the iridoids aucubin, verbascoside and catalpol, were isolated.
- The different mechanisms of gametophytic self-incompatibilityVernonica E Franklin-Tong
School of Biosciences, The University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 358:1025-32. 2003..One mechanism is the RNase system, which is found in the Solanaceae, Rosaceae and Scrophulariaceae. The other is a complex system, so far found only in the Papaveraceae, which involves the triggering of ..
- The influence of floral display size on selfing rates in Mimulus ringensJ D Karron
Department of Biological Sciences, PO Box 413, University of Wisconsin Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI 53201, USA
Heredity (Edinb) 92:242-8. 2004..selfing, we experimentally manipulated flower number in four replicate (cloned) arrays of Mimulus ringens (Scrophulariaceae), each consisting of genets with unique combinations of homozygous marker genotypes...
- Nitric oxide-related toxicity in cultured astrocytes: effect of Bacopa monnieraAlessandra Russo
Department of Biological Chemistry, Medical Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, V le A Doria 6, 95125 Catania, Italy
Life Sci 73:1517-26. 2003..Studies of Bhattacharya et al. have evidenced that Bacopa monniera (BM) (family Scrophulariaceae), an Ayurvedic medicinal plant clinically used for memory enhancing, epilepsy, insomnia and as a mild ..
- Metabolic differentiations and classification of Verbascum species by NMR-based metabolomicsMilen I Georgiev
Natural Products Laboratory, Institute of Biology, Leiden University, Leiden, 55 Einsteinweg, 2300 RA Leiden, The Netherlands
Phytochemistry 72:2045-51. 2011The genus Verbascum L. (mulleins) comprises of about 360 species of flowering plants in the Scrophulariaceae family...
- The potential of using insecticidal properties of medicinal plants against insect pestsHojat Khoshnoud
Department of Biology, Faculty of Science, Urmia University, Urmia, Iran
Pak J Biol Sci 11:1380-4. 2008In this study, botanicals extracted from two the species of family Scrophulariaceae, Verbascum cheiranthifolium Boiss and Verbascum speciosum Schard, were examined for their effect on mortality and progeny production against adults of ..
- Epicuticular flavonoids of some ScrophulariaceaeE Wollenweber
Institut für Botanik der Technischen Universität, Darmstadt, Germany
Z Naturforsch C 55:5-9. 2000..Most of the flavonoids are methylated flavones and flavonols, some with 6-O and/or 8-O-substitution. One of them is the natural isobutyryl ester of a rare flavone...
- Chemopreventative properties of Medicinal and Food plants of the Lumbee TribeTRACIE LOCKLEAR; Fiscal Year: 2010..These include: Antirrhinum majus L. (Scrophulariaceae), Chimaphila maculata Pursh. (Pyrolaceae), Daucus carota L. (Apiaceae), Diospyros virginiana L...
- Chemopreventative properties of Medicinal and Food plants of the Lumbee TribeTRACIE LOCKLEAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..These include: Antirrhinum majus L. (Scrophulariaceae), Chimaphila maculata Pursh. (Pyrolaceae), Daucus carota L. (Apiaceae), Diospyros virginiana L...
- MATHEMATICAL POPULATION GENETICSMARCY UYENOYAMA; Fiscal Year: 2001..The process of reversion of self-incompatibility to self-compatibility will be addressed through sequence analysis of a family homologous to the S- locus in a self-compatible member of the Brassicaceae. ..
- MATHEMATICAL POPULATION GENETICSMARCY UYENOYAMA; Fiscal Year: 2000..The process of reversion of self-incompatibility to self-compatibility will be addressed through sequence analysis of a family homologous to the S- locus in a self-compatible member of the Brassicaceae. ..
- MATHEMATICAL POPULATION GENETICSMARCY UYENOYAMA; Fiscal Year: 1993..This analysis will test whether the associations among components of the self-incompatibility system predicted by theoretical work exist in natural populations...
- MATHEMATICAL POPULATION GENETICSMARCY UYENOYAMA; Fiscal Year: 1991..Models will be devised to explore the evolution of interspecific incompatibility in plants, and the modification of the timing of expression of genetic diseases...
- MATHEMATICAL POPULATION GENETICSMARCY UYENOYAMA; Fiscal Year: 1990..Models will be devised to explore the evolution of interspecific incompatibility in plants, and the modification of the timing of expression of genetic diseases...
- MATHEMATICAL POPULATION GENETICSMARCY UYENOYAMA; Fiscal Year: 1992..This analysis will test whether the associations among components of the self-incompatibility system predicted by theoretical work exist in natural populations...
- MATHEMATICAL POPULATION GENETICSMARCY UYENOYAMA; Fiscal Year: 1999..The process of reversion of self-incompatibility to self-compatibility will be addressed through sequence analysis of a family homologous to the S- locus in a self-compatible member of the Brassicaceae. ..
- MATHEMATICAL POPULATION GENETICSMarcy K Uyenoyama; Fiscal Year: 2010..A comprehensive partitioning of genome-wide variation will be developed and used as a basis for the inference of historical demographical events and ongoing evolutionary processes. ..