Summary: A plant genus of the family RUTACEAE. Members contain quinoline alkaloids.
Publications119 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of Ruta graveolens L. and Euphorbia peplus L. anti-inflammatory extracts on nutritional status of rats and the safety of their useSahar Y Al-Okbi
Food Sciences and Nutrition Department, National Research Centre, Dokki, Cairo, Egypt
Indian J Exp Biol 40:45-8. 2002..graveolens. The results suggest that both plant extracts have no harmful effect on nutritional status and are safe towards kidney functions, while Euphorbia is more safe than Ruta in relation to liver functions.
- Anti-tumour activity of Ruta graveolens extractK C Preethi
Amala Cancer Research Centre, Amala Nagar, Thrissur, Kerala 680555, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 7:439-43. 2006An extract of Ruta graveolens was found to be cytotoxic to Dalton's lymphoma ascites (DLA), Ehrlich ascites carcinoma (EAC) and L929 cells in culture (IC100=16 mg/ml) and also to increase the lifespan of tumour bearing animals...
- Inhibition of lipopolysaccharide-inducible nitric oxide synthase and IL-1beta through suppression of NF-kappaB activation by 3-(1'-1'-dimethyl-allyl)-6-hydroxy-7-methoxy-coumarin isolated from Ruta graveolens LSunil Kumar Raghav
Proteomics and Structural Biology Division, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110 007, India
Eur J Pharmacol 560:69-80. 2007The Ruta graveolens L. plant is used in traditional medicine to treat a large number of diseases...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of Ruta graveolens L. in murine macrophage cellsS K Raghav
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi University Campus, Mall Road, Delhi 110007, India
J Ethnopharmacol 104:234-9. 2006b>Ruta graveolens L. (Rutaceae) is used for several therapeutic purposes worldwide...
- Ethnomedicines used in Trinidad and Tobago for reproductive problemsCheryl Lans
BCICS, University of Victoria, British Columbia, V8W 2Y2, Canada
J Ethnobiol Ethnomed 3:13. 2007..Some folk uses are ancient and were documented by Galen and Pliny the Elder...
- Unusually divergent 4-coumarate:CoA-ligases from Ruta graveolens LAlexander Endler
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Marburg, Germany
Plant Mol Biol 67:335-46. 2008..The common rue, Ruta graveolens L...
- Algicidal and antifungal compounds from the roots of Ruta graveolens and synthesis of their analogsKumudini M Meepagala
USDA ARS, Natural Products Utilization Research Unit, P O Box 8048, University, MS 38677, USA
Phytochemistry 66:2689-95. 2005Bioassay-guided fractionation of the ethyl acetate extract of Ruta graveolens roots yielded rutacridone epoxide with potent selective algicidal activity towards the 2-methyl-isoborneol (MIB)-producing blue-green alga Oscillatoria ..
- Specific accumulation and revised structures of acridone alkaloid glucosides in the tips of transformed roots of Ruta graveolensInna Kuzovkina
Timiryazev Institute of Plant Physiology, Russian Academy of Sciences, Botanicheskaya ul 35, 127276 Moscow, Russia
Phytochemistry 65:1095-100. 2004The root tips of Ruta graveolens (common rue) show strong autofluorescence of acridone alkaloids, which are characteristic secondary metabolites of this plant...
- Investigation of cytotoxic activity on human cancer cell lines of arborinine and furanoacridones isolated from Ruta graveolensBorbála Réthy
Department of Pharmacodynamics and Biopharmacy, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary
Planta Med 73:41-8. 2007The cytotoxic effects of a series of furanoacridones isolated from Ruta graveolens L...
- Free phenolic acids in Ruta graveolens L. in vitro cultureH Ekiert
Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Jagiellonian University, Collegium Medicum, Faculty of Pharmacy, Krakow, Poland
Pharmazie 64:694-6. 2009Eight phenolic acids were determined using HPLC method in methanolic extracts of Ruta graveolens L...
- Methanolic extract of Ruta graveolens L. inhibits inflammation and oxidative stress in adjuvant induced model of arthritis in ratsM Ratheesh
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram 695581, India
Inflammopharmacology 17:100-5. 2009b>Ruta graveolens L. (Rutaceae) are traditionally used for the treatment of rheumatism, arthritis and other inflammatory conditions in the traditional medicine of India...
- A 2-oxoglutarate-dependent dioxygenase from Ruta graveolens L. exhibits p-coumaroyl CoA 2'-hydroxylase activity (C2'H): a missing step in the synthesis of umbelliferone in plantsGuilhem Vialart
UMR 1121 Lorraine University, INRA Agronomie et Environnement Nancy Colmar, ENSAIA, 2 Avenue de la Foret de Haye, 54505 Vandœuvre Lès Nancy, France
Plant J 70:460-70. 2012..approach and a cDNA library screen to identify an orthologous ORF (Genbank accession number JF799117) from Ruta graveolens L...
- In silico target fishing for rationalized ligand discovery exemplified on constituents of Ruta graveolensJudith M Rollinger
Institute of Pharmacy, Pharmacognosy, and Center for Molecular Biosciences, University of Innsbruck, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Planta Med 75:195-204. 2009..potential targets for 16 secondary metabolites isolated and identified from the aerial parts of the medicinal plant RUTA GRAVEOLENS L...
- Effect of Ruta graveolens L. on pregnant miceTanise Gonçalves de Freitas
Department of Morphological Sciences, Institute of Health Basic Sciences, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS90050 170, Brazil
Contraception 71:74-7. 2005b>Ruta graveolens L. is used in many countries, including Brazil, as an abortifacient...
- Phytotoxins from the leaves of Ruta graveolensAmber L Hale
Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Mississippi, University, Mississippi 38677, USA
J Agric Food Chem 52:3345-9. 2004Bioassay-guided fractionation of the ethyl acetate extract of Ruta graveolens (common rue) leaves led to the isolation of the furanocoumarins 5-methoxypsoralen (5-MOP), 8-methoxypsoralen (8-MOP), and the quinolone alkaloid graveoline as ..
- Continuity and change in the Mediterranean medical tradition: Ruta spp. (rutaceae) in Hippocratic medicine and present practicesA Pollio
Dipartimento delle Scienze Biologiche, Sezione di Biologia Vegetale, University Federico II of Naples, Via Foria 223, 80139 Naples, Italy
J Ethnopharmacol 116:469-82. 2008b>Ruta is a genus of Rutaceae family. It features mainly shrubby plants, native to the Mediterranean region and present in traditional medicine of this region since Antiquity. The three most diffused species Ruta chalepensis L...
- Ruta graveolens aqueous extract retards mouse preimplantation embryo developmentJorge L Gutierrez-Pajares
Laboratorio de Reproducción y Biología del Desarrollo, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Lima, Peru
Reprod Toxicol 17:667-72. 2003This work was undertaken to examine possible embryotoxicity of Ruta graveolens (rue), a plant used by indigenous communities for the purposes of therapeutic and fertility regulation...
- Prolongation of AV nodal refractoriness by Ruta graveolens in isolated rat hearts. Potential role as an anti-arrhythmic agentVahid Khori
Golestan Cardiovascular Research Center, Faculty of Medicine, Golestan University of Medical Sciences, Golestan, Gorgan, Iran
Saudi Med J 29:357-63. 2008To evaluate concentration-dependent effects of total extract of Ruta graveolens and its purified alkaloid fraction on the nodal basic and functional properties.
- Antimicrobial and cytotoxic activity of Ruta graveolensA Ivanova
Institute of Organic Chemistry with Centre of Phytochemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
Fitoterapia 76:344-7. 2005The methanol, petroleum ether, ethyl acetate and water-methanol extracts of Ruta graveolens were found to possess antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities.
- Potential allelochemicals from the essential oil of Ruta graveolensVincenzo De Feo
Dipartimento di Scienze Farmaceutiche, Universita degli Studi di Salerno, Via Ponte Don Melillo, I 84084 Salerno, Fisciano, Italy
Phytochemistry 61:573-8. 2002The essential oil of aerial parts of Ruta graveolens was obtained by hydrodistillation with a 0.74% yield on a dry weight basis. Thirty-eight components were identified by GC and GC-MS analyses...
- Natural fungicides from Ruta graveolens L. leaves, including a new quinolone alkaloidAnna Oliva
Department of Life Science, Second University of Naples, Via Vivaldi 43, 81100 Naples, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 51:890-6. 2003Bioassay-directed isolation of antifungal compounds from an ethyl acetate extract of Ruta graveolens leaves yielded two furanocoumarins, one quinoline alkaloid, and four quinolone alkaloids, including a novel compound, 1-methyl-2-[6'-(3' '..
- Cinnamic acid 4-hydroxylase mechanism-based inactivation by psoralen derivatives: cloning and characterization of a C4H from a psoralen producing plant-Ruta graveolens-exhibiting low sensitivity to psoralen inactivationAntoine Gravot
UMR 1121 Agronomie Environnement INPL INRA, ENSAIA 2, Av de la Forêt de Haye, 54505 Vandoeuvre Les Nancy Cedex, France
Arch Biochem Biophys 422:71-80. 2004Cinnamate 4-hydroxylase (C4H, EC 184.108.40.206) complete cDNA was cloned from the leaves of Ruta graveolens, a psoralen producing plant. The recombinant enzyme (classified CYP73A32) was expressed in Saccharomyces cerevisiae...
- Antiandrogenic activity of Ruta graveolens L in male Albino rats with emphasis on sexual and aggressive behaviorNabil Azar Khouri
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid, Jordan
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 26:823-9. 2005The Ruta graveolens L. is currently used by the Jordanian population systemically for its antispasmodic, diuretic, sedative, and analgesic effects and externally for its antirheumatic effect.
- Ruta 6 selectively induces cell death in brain cancer cells but proliferation in normal peripheral blood lymphocytes: A novel treatment for human brain cancerSen Pathak
Department of Molecular Genetics, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Oncol 23:975-82. 2003..We investigated the brain cancer cell-killing activity of a homeopathic medicine, Ruta, isolated from a plant, Ruta graveolens...
- Neuropharmacological profile of an ethanol extract of Ruta chalepensis L. in miceM E Gonzalez-Trujano
Direccion de Investigaciones en Neurociencias del Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatria Ramon de la Fuente, Calz Mexico Xochimilco 101, Col Sn Lorenzo Huipulco, 14370 Mexico, D F, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 106:129-35. 2006The effects of an ethanol extract of the aerial parts of Ruta chalepensis on the central nervous system (CNS) and LD(50) determination were studied in mice...
- Inhibitory effects of Ruta graveolens L. extract on guinea pig liver aldehyde oxidaseSaieed Pirouzpanah
School of Health and Nutrition, Tabriz University of Medical Sciences, Iran
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 54:9-13. 2006b>Ruta graveolens L. is a flavonoid-containing medicinal plant with various biological properties. In the present study, the effects of R. graveolens extract on aldehyde oxidase, a molybdenum hydroxylase, are investigated...
- Phytochemical studies on Ruta chalepensis (Lam.) LamarckKeriman Günaydin
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Mustafa Kemal University, 31024, Hatay, Turkey
Nat Prod Res 19:203-10. 2005b>Ruta chalepensis is a rich source of important secondary metabolites such as furanocoumarins and alkaloids. Besides, it is a medicinal plant and still used in traditional medicine...
- Combinatorial synthesis by nature: volatile organic sulfur-containing constituents of Ruta chalepensis LSina Escher
Firmenich SA, Corporate R and D Division, P O Box 239, CH 1211 Geneva 8
Chem Biodivers 3:943-57. 2006..new natural fragrance and flavor ingredients prompted us to examine a solvent extract of sulfurous-sweaty smelling Ruta chalepensis L. (Rutaceae) plant material more closely...
- Medicinal plant use in the Bredasdorp/Elim region of the Southern Overberg in the Western Cape Province of South AfricaT S A Thring
Department of Biodiversity and Conservation Biology, University of the Western Cape, Private Bag X17, Bellville 7535, South Africa
J Ethnopharmacol 103:261-75. 2006..A more structured questionnaire was used to determine which plants were most popular for particular ailments. It was found that Artemisia afra and Ruta graveolens were the most popular.
- Preliminary observations on experimental Ruta graveolens toxicosis in Nubian goatsS E I el Agraa
Department of Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of Khartoum, PO Box 32, Khartoum North, Sudan
Trop Anim Health Prod 34:271-81. 2002We present the first reported study of Ruta graveolens toxicity in 7-8-month-old Nubian goats. Oral administration of 5 g/kg bw per day of R...
- Rue the herb: Ruta graveolens--associated phytophototoxicityKimberly Eickhorst
Department of Dermatology, St Luke s Roosevelt Hospital, New York, NY, USA
Dermatitis 18:52-5. 2007We describe an unusual case of phytophototoxicity induced by an herbal plant, Ruta graveolens, from the Rutaceae family. This common herb, also called rue, can be found throughout rural settings in the United States...
- Ethnoveterinary medicines used to treat endoparasites and stomach problems in pigs and pets in British Columbia, CanadaCheryl Lans
BCICS, University of Victoria, British Columbia V8W 2Y2, Canada
Vet Parasitol 148:325-40. 2007..Ranunculaceae), Juglans nigra L. (Juglandaceae), Olea europaea L. (Oleaceae) and Ruta graveolens L. (Rutaceae)). Stomach problems were treated with: Achillea millefolium L. (Asteraceae), Aloe vera (L...
- Comparative study of the assay of Artemia salina L. and the estimate of the medium lethal dose (LD50 value) in mice, to determine oral acute toxicity of plant extractsA Logarto Parra
Drug Research and Development Center CIDEM, Biologic Research Department, Ciudad de La Habana, Cuba
Phytomedicine 8:395-400. 2001..Plantaginaceae); Plectranthus amboinicus (Lour.) Spreng. (Lamiaceae); Ruta graveolens L. (Rutaceae); Senna alata (L.) Roxb. (Fabaceae); Stachytarpheta jamaicensis (L...
- The ecological aspect of ethnobotany and ethnopharmacology of population in Bosnia and HerzegovinaSulejman S Redzić
Center of Ecology and Natural Resources, Faculty of Science University of Sarajevo, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Coll Antropol 31:869-90. 2007..asclepiadea, Helichrysum italicum, Lycopodium clavatum, Marrubium vulgare, Nepeta cataria, Populus tremula, Ruta graveolens, Tamus communis, Teucrium montanum, T. chamaedrys, and endemic plants Gentiana lutea subsp...
- Compounds from Ageratum conyzoides: isolation, structural elucidation and insecticidal activityMárcio D Moreira
Departamento de Biologia Animal, Universidade Federal de Vicosa, Vicosa, MG 36571 000, Brazil
Pest Manag Sci 63:615-21. 2007..Coleoptera: Bostrichidae). The plant species used were: basil (Ocimum selloi Benth.), rue (Ruta graveolens L.), lion's ear (Leonotis nepetaefolia L.), Jimson weed (Datura stramonium L...
- Repellent activity of plant-derived compounds against Amblyomma cajennense (Acari: Ixodidae) nymphsSara Fernandes Soares
Centro de Parasitologia Veterinária, Escola de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Goias UFG, Campus II Samambaia, Caixa Postal 131, 74001 970 Goiania, GO, Brazil
Vet Parasitol 167:67-73. 2010..Cymbopogon nardus, Spiranthera odoratissima, Chenopodium ambrosioides, Ageratum conyzoides, Mentha pulegium, Ruta graveolens, and Memora nodosa were studied. Among these the extract of C...
- In vitro susceptibility of Entamoeba histolytica and Giardia lamblia to plants used in Mexican traditional medicine for the treatment of gastrointestinal disordersFernando Calzada
Unidad de Investigación Médica en Farmacología de Productos Naturales, Hospital de Pediatria, 2 Piso, Centro Medico Nacional Siglo XXI, IMSS, Av Cuauhtemoc 330, Col Doctores, CP 06725, Mexico, DF, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 108:367-70. 2006..Dorstenia contrajerva, Senna villosa and Ruta chalepensis were the most active toward Giardia lamblia with IC50 < 38 microg/ml...
- An acridone-producing novel multifunctional type III polyketide synthase from Huperzia serrataKiyofumi Wanibuchi
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and the COE 21 Program, University of Shizuoka, Japan
FEBS J 274:1073-82. 2007..Interestingly, Hu. serrata polyketide synthase 1 lacks most of the consensus active site sequences with acridone synthase from Ruta graveolens (Rutaceae).
- Effects of ephedrine and phenylephrine on uterine and placental circulations and fetal outcome following fetal hypoxaemia and epidural-induced hypotension in a sheep modelT Erkinaro
Department of Anaesthesiology, University Hospital of Oulu, PO Box 21, FIN 90029 OYS, Finland
Br J Anaesth 93:825-32. 2004..We hypothesized that ephedrine and phenylephrine, administered for maternal hypotension following fetal hypoxaemia, are equal in respect of fetal outcome...
- 'Translation is not enough': using the Global Person Generated Index (GPGI) to assess individual quality of life in Bangladesh, Thailand, and EthiopiaLaura Camfield
Wellbeing in Developing Countries ESRC Research Group, University of Bath, Bath BA2 7AY, UK
Qual Life Res 16:1039-51. 2007..The GPGI is based on the widely used Patient Generated Index (Ruta, Camfield, & Martin, (2004) Quality of Life Research, 13, 1545...
- Phylogenetic relationships of Ruteae (Rutaceae): new evidence from the chloroplast genome and comparisons with non-molecular dataGabriele Salvo
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Zurich, Zollikerstrasse 107, Ch 8008 Zurich, Switzerland
Mol Phylogenet Evol 49:736-48. 2008..The phylogenetic analyses determined that Haplophyllum and Ruta form reciprocally exclusive monophyletic groups and that Dictamnus is not closely related to the other genera of ..
- Evaluation of antileishmanial, cytotoxic and antioxidant activities of essential oils extracted from plants issued from the leishmaniasis-endemic region of Sned (Tunisia)S Ben Hadj Ahmed
Departement de Biologie, Faculté des Sciences de Gafsa, Campus Universitaire Zarroug Gafsa 2112, Gafsa, Tunisia
Nat Prod Res 25:1195-201. 2011..62% and camphor at 13.82%) is significantly active against both L. major and L. infantum, whereas Ruta chalepensis EO (rich on 2-undecanone at 84.28%) is only active against L. infantum...
- Molluscicidal activity of some Moroccan medicinal plantsM Hmamouchi
Unité de recherche Substances Naturelles, Faculte de Medecine et de Pharmacie, Rabat, B P 6203, Rabat Institut, Maroc
Fitoterapia 71:308-14. 2000..activity, ethyl acetate extract from Origanum compactum and hexane extracts from both Chenopodium ambrosioides and Ruta chalepensis were the most active (LC(90)=2.00, 2.23 and 2...
- Transvaginal Doppler-guided uterine artery occlusion for the treatment of symptomatic fibroids: summary results from two pilot studiesGeorge A Vilos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Joseph s Health Care, London, ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 32:149-54. 2010..To evaluate the feasibility, safety, and short-term efficacy of bilateral uterine artery occlusion, using a transvaginal Doppler-guided vascular clamp as a minimally invasive therapy for symptomatic uterine leiomyomas...
- [Toxic hepatitis due to the use of Ruta herbal medicine]Elena Rabaev
Department of Family Medicine, Dimona Dalet Clalit Health Services, Beer Sheba, Israel
Harefuah 150:235-6, 305. 2011..In this case report, we present an example of toxic hepatitis due to use of Ruta herbal medicine, an unfamiliar side effect of the common herbal medicine Ruta.
- Purification and properties of acridone synthase from cell suspension cultures of Ruta graveolens LA Baumert
, Halle Saale, Bundesrepublik Deutschland
Z Naturforsch C 49:26-32. 1994Acridone synthase has been purified from cell suspension cultures of Ruta graveolens using a combination of gel filtration and ion exchange chromatography...
- Long-term outcome from uterine fibroid embolization with tris-acryl gelatin microspheres: results of a multicenter studyJames B Spies
Department of Radiology, Georgetown University Hospital, 3800 Reservoir Rd NW, CG 201, Washington, DC 20007 2197, USA
J Vasc Interv Radiol 18:203-7. 2007..To determine the long-term outcome of uterine fibroid therapy (UFE) using tris-acryl gelatin microspheres (TAGM)...
- Ruta graveolens L. toxicity in Vampirolepis nana infected miceR B Freire
Department of Environmental Technology, Universidade tecnológica Federal do Paraná, Campus Medianeira, Avenida Brasil 4232, Medianeira, PR, 85884000, Brazil
Indian J Pharmacol 42:345-50. 2010To determine possible toxic effects of Ruta graveolens hydroalcoholic extract in gastrointestinal parasitic infection.
- Deletion analysis of the Escherichia coli rho-dependent transcription terminator trp t'F Zalatan
Department of Biology, University of Rochester, New York 14642
J Biol Chem 268:17051-6. 1993..that together appear to be important for full transcription termination efficiency in vitro and are similar to the rutA and rutB sequence elements in the lambda tR1 rho-dependent terminator previously described by Chen and Richardson (..
- Oxidative profile in patients with colon cancer: effects of Ruta chalepensis LR Acquaviva
Department of Biochemistry, Medical Chemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 15:181-91. 2011To verify the involvement of free radicals in tumor progression and to investigate the effects of an ethanolic extract of Ruta Chalepensis L. and of rutin in blood of patients with colon cancer.
- Inhibition of chemically induced carcinogenesis by drugs used in homeopathic medicineK B Hari Kumar
Amala Cancer Research Centre, Amala Nagar, Thrissur, Kerala State, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 8:98-102. 2007..We have used Ruta, Hydrastis, Lycopodium and Thuja, which are commonly employed in homeopathy for treating cancer...
- A previously undescribed pathway for pyrimidine catabolismKevin D Loh
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, 111 Koshland Hall, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:5114-9. 2006..We propose that the genes of this operon be named rutA-G for pyrimidine utilization...
- An improved assay for the detection of alterations in bacterial DNA supercoiling in vivoM Abu Mraheil
Pharmaceutical Biology and Microbiology, University of Hamburg, Germany
Pharmazie 68:541-8. 2013....
- Bioactivity against Bursaphelenchus xylophilus: Nematotoxics from essential oils, essential oils fractions and decoction watersJorge M S Faria
Universidade de Lisboa, Faculdade de Ciencias de Lisboa, DBV, IBB, Centro de Biotecnologia Vegetal, C2, Campo Grande, 1749 016 Lisboa, Portugal
Phytochemistry 94:220-8. 2013..Twenty EOs showed corrected mortalities ⩾96% at 2 μL/mL. These were further tested at lower concentrations. Ruta graveolens, Satureja montana and Thymbra capitata EOs showed lethal concentrations (LC100)<0.4μL/mL...
- [Transformation of the names of certain herbs by linguistic transfer - colchicum, wormseed, soybean, nandina and wijnruit]Masao Uchibayashi
Yakushigaku Zasshi 39:350-4. 2004..and soybeans, (4) from the Japanese plant nanten to the genus Nandina, and (5) from the Dutch term wijnruit (wine-ruta) to hen-ruda in Japanese...
- Furanocoumarin biosynthesis in Ammi majus L. Cloning of bergaptol O-methyltransferaseMarc Hehmann
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 271:932-40. 2004..had been reported to methylate bergaptol to bergapten and xanthotoxol to xanthotoxin, from induced cell cultures of Ruta graveolens, Petroselinum crispum and Ammi majus...
- Field trials on the repellent activity of four plant products against mainly Mansonia population in western EthiopiaMamuye Hadis
Ethiopian Health and Nutrition Research Institute, PO Box 1242, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Phytother Res 17:202-5. 2003The repellent activity of essential oils of lemon eucalyptus (Eucalyptus maculata citrodion), rue (Ruta chalepensis), oleoresin of pyrethrum (Chrysanthemum cinerariaefolium) and neem (Azadiracta indica) have been field tested as 40%, 50% ..
- Furanocoumarins: novel topoisomerase I inhibitors from Ruta graveolens LRenuka Diwan
Department of Botany, University of Pune, Pune 411007, Maharashtra, India
Bioorg Med Chem 17:7052-5. 2009Topoisomerase I inhibitors from Ruta graveolens are reported for the first time. Potent topoisomerase I inhibitory activity from in vitro culture extracts R. graveolens were observed...
- Evaluating companion planting and non-host masking odors for protecting roses from the Japanese beetle (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae)D W Held
Department of Entomology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40546 0091, USA
J Econ Entomol 96:81-7. 2003..Three reputedly effective companion species, rue (Ruta graveolens L.), zonal geranium (Pelargonium x hortorum Bailey), and garlic chives (Allium scheonparum L...
- Perinatal toxicology of Ruta chalepensis (Rutaceae) in miceR Zeichen de Sa
Departamento de Farmacologia, Instituto Nacional de Medicamentos, Administración Nacional de Medicamentos, Alimentos y Tecnología Médica, Buenos Aires, Argentina
J Ethnopharmacol 69:93-8. 2000Dried leaf infusions of Ruta chalepensis L. (Rutaceae), 'rue', 'ruda', were found to cause perinatal changes in mice, at daily doses of 0.16, 0.80 and 1.60 g/kg, administered p.o. from 1 to 14 days post coitum...
- Oral administration of alkaloid fraction from Ruta graveolens inhibits oxidative stress and inflammation in hypercholesterolemic rabbitsM Ratheesh
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, India
Pharm Biol 51:1552-8. 2013The anti-atherogenic effect of alkaloid fraction from Ruta graveolens Linn (Rutaceae) extract is suspected to be related to its activities of antioxidation and anti-inflammation.
- Induction of apoptosis of tumor cells by some potentiated homeopathic drugs: implications on mechanism of actionKorengath Preethi
Amala Cancer Research Centre, Thrissur, Kerala, India
Integr Cancer Ther 11:172-82. 2012..Earlier studies indicated that homoeopathic medicines are cytotoxic to tumor cells and reduced animal tumors. However, the mechanism of homoeopathic medicines at the cellular level is not known...
- Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of the essential oils from four Ruta species growing in AlgeriaFarah Haddouchi
Laboratory of Natural Products, Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Abou Bekr Belkaid University, B P 119, Tlemcen 13000, Algeria
Food Chem 141:253-8. 2013..of this research is to study the antibacterial and antifungal effects of four traditional plants essential oils, Ruta angustifolia, Ruta chalepensis, Ruta graveolens and Ruta tuberculata, against standard bacterial and fungal strains...
- CYP98A22, a phenolic ester 3'-hydroxylase specialized in the synthesis of chlorogenic acid, as a new tool for enhancing the furanocoumarin concentration in Ruta graveolensFazeelat Karamat
Université de Lorraine UMR 1121, Agronomie et Environnement Nancy Colmar, ENSAIA 2 avenue de la forêt de Haye, 54505 Vandœuvre Lès Nancy, France
BMC Plant Biol 12:152. 2012..with proven therapeutic properties and are produced in only a small number of medicinal plant species such as Ruta graveolens. In vivo, these molecules play a protective role against phytophageous insect attack...
- Effect of polyamines on shoot multiplication and furanocoumarin production in Ruta graveolens culturesRenuka Diwan
Department of Botany, University of Pune, India
Nat Prod Commun 7:895-8. 2012..furanocoumarin production was investigated by exogenous addition, at different concentrations, to shoot cultures of Ruta graveolens at different phases of growth...
- Anti-inflammatory effect of quinoline alkaloid skimmianine isolated from Ruta graveolens LM Ratheesh
Department of Biochemistry, Kerala University, Trivandrum, India
Inflamm Res 62:367-76. 2013The present study evaluates the anti-inflammatory effect of the quinoline alkaloid skimmianine (SKM), isolated from Ruta graveolens L., against carrageenan-induced acute inflammation.
- [Effects of ruta SSP on the activity of the smooth gastrointestinal muscle isolated of rat]Carlota A Grigorjev
Cátedra de Farmacología General Escuela Práctica Facultad de Ciencias Médicas Universidad Nacional de Córdoba Santa Rosa 1085, 5000 Cordoba, Argentina
Rev Fac Cien Med Univ Nac Cordoba 67:77-80. 2010b>Ruta graveolens L. and Ruta chalepensis L. are plants used in folkloric medicine as antispasmodics, digestive and for intestinal gases...
- Catalysis of a flavoenzyme-mediated amide hydrolysisTathagata Mukherjee
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
J Am Chem Soc 132:5550-1. 2010..The seven-gene Rut operon is required for this conversion. Here we demonstrate that the flavoenzyme RutA catalyzes the initial uracil ring-opening reaction to give 3-ureidoacrylate...
- Molecular authentication of the medicinal herb Ruta graveolens (Rutaceae) and an adulterant using nuclear and chloroplast DNA markersF Al-Qurainy
Department of Botany and Microbiology, College of Science, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Genet Mol Res 10:2806-16. 2011..b>Ruta graveolens, sold as a dried medicinal herb, can be adulterated with Euphorbia dracunculoides...
- Inhibitory effect of Ruta graveolens L. on oxidative damage, inflammation and aortic pathology in hypercholesteromic ratsM Ratheesh
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram 695 581, India
Exp Toxicol Pathol 63:285-90. 2011The purpose of the study was to investigate the efficacy of methanolic extract of Ruta graveolens L. in reducing oxidative damage, inflammation and aortic pathology in hypercholesteremic rats...
- High-resolution gas-chromatographic analysis of the secondary metabolites obtained by subcritical-fluid extraction from Colombian rue (Ruta graveolens L.)E E Stashenko
Phytochemistry and Chromatography Laboratory, School of Chemistry, Industrial University of Santander, A A 678, Bucaramanga, Colombia
J Biochem Biophys Methods 43:379-90. 2000..Extractor, was used to isolate secondary metabolites from leaves, flowers, stems and roots of Colombian rue (Ruta graveolens L.)...
- Intracranial cysticercosis: an effective treatment with alternative medicinesP Banerji
PBH Research Foundation, 10 3 1 Elgin Road, Calcutta 700 020, West Bengal, India
In Vivo 15:181-4. 2001The purpose of this study was to demonstrate the cysticidal activities of Ruta graveolens and calcium phosphate in fractional dilutions as a completely new approach for the treatment of neurocysticercosis in humans...
- Protective effects of isolated polyphenolic and alkaloid fractions of Ruta graveolens L. on acute and chronic models of inflammationM Ratheesh
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Thiruvananthapuram 695 581, India
Inflammation 33:18-24. 2010b>Ruta graveolens L...
- Floral ontogeny of Ruteae (Rutaceae) and its systematic implicationsL Wei
State Key Laboratory of Systematic and Evolutionary Botany, Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Xiangshan, Beijing, China
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 14:190-7. 2012Floral development was investigated in Ruta graveolens and Psilopeganum sinense, representing two genera in the tribe Ruteae. Special attention was paid to the sequence of initiation of organ whorls in the androecium and gynoecium...
- Cell cycle analysis and cytotoxic potential of Ruta graveolens against human tumor cell linesP Varamini
Shiraz Institute for Cancer Research, Shiraz Univeristy of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Neoplasma 56:490-3. 2009There are reports on the presence of various compounds exerting different biological activities in Ruta graveolens, a plant of Rutaceae family. The aim of the present study was to evaluate in vitro cytotoxicity of the total extract of R...
- The Rut pathway for pyrimidine degradation: novel chemistry and toxicity problemsKwang Seo Kim
Department of Plant and Microbial Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 3102, USA
J Bacteriol 192:4089-102. 2010..The RutA and RutB proteins are central: no spontaneous suppressors arise in strains lacking them...
- [Phagodeterrence by a crude extract of common rue (Ruta chalepensis, Rutaceae) and its partitions on Hypsipyla grandella (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) larvae]Javier Barboza
Escuela de Quimica, Universidad Nacional, Heredia, Costa Rica
Rev Biol Trop 58:1-14. 2010..In the search for a preventative method for managing it, the crude leaf extract of common rue (Ruta chalepensis L...
- Ruta graveolens extract induces DNA damage pathways and blocks Akt activation to inhibit cancer cell proliferation and survivalKhalda Fadlalla
Department of Pathobiology, Center for Cancer Research, Tuskegee, AL 36088, USA
Anticancer Res 31:233-41. 2011b>Ruta graveolens is a medicinal herb that has been used for centuries against various ailments. This study examined the anticancer properties of the herb using cancer cell lines.
- A new dicoumarinyl ether and two rare furocoumarins from Ruta montanaZ Kabouche
Université Mentouri Constantine, Faculte des Sciences, Laboratoire d Obtention de Substances Thérapeutiques L O S T, Campus Chaabet Ersas, Constantine 25000, Algerie
Fitoterapia 74:194-6. 2003A new dicoumarinyl ether, rutamontine and two rare furocoumarins, heraclenol and isopimpinellin, were isolated from Ruta montana...
- Bioprocess optimization of furanocoumarin elicitation by medium renewal and re-elicitation: a perfusion-based approachRenuka Diwan
Department of Botany, University of Pune, Maharashtra, India
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 163:756-64. 2011..niger) elicitors on furanocoumarin production and in situ product removal was studied using shoot cultures of Ruta graveolens L. Elicitation by yeast extract (1% w/v) on day 15 was most effective. It led to 7...
- Tracing the temporal and spatial origins of island endemics in the Mediterranean region: a case study from the citrus family (Ruta L., Rutaceae)Gabriele Salvo
Institute of Systematic Botany, University of Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Syst Biol 59:705-22. 2010..including the Mediterranean basin and Macaronesia) provides the geographic backdrop for the diversification of Ruta L., the type genus of Rutaceae (citrus family)...
- Aliphatic ketones from Ruta chalepensis (Rutaceae) induce paralysis on root knot nematodesNikoletta G Ntalli
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Technology, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 59:7098-103. 2011This paper reports on the use of Ruta chalepensis L. extracts as a potential nematicide against root knot nematodes Meloidogyne incognita and Meloidogyne javanica . The essential oil (REO) and methanol extract (RME) of R...
- Quality of life in women with bleeding disordersS Von Mackensen
Institute for Medical Psychology and Policlinics, Centre of Psychosocial Medicine, University Medical Centre of Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Haemophilia 17:33-7. 2011..instruments are available for the adequate assessment of the impact of menorrhagia on HRQOL, namely the Ruta Menorrhagia Severity Scale, the menorrhagia multi-attribute utility scale and the Menorrhagia Impact Questionnaire...
- Accumulation of biologically active furanocoumarins in Ruta graveolens ssp. divaricata (Tenore) Gams in vitro cultureH Ekiert
Department of Pharmaceutical Botany, Collegium Medicum, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
Pharmazie 60:66-8. 2005..dynamics of accumulation of five linear furanocoumarins and umbelliferone in stationary liquid cultures of Ruta graveolens ssp. divaricata (Tenore) Gams during 6-week growth cycles...
- [Phagodeterrent and systemic activity of a fomulation derived from an extract of common rue (Ruta chalepensis, Rutaceae) on Hypsipyla grandella (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) larvae]Javier Barboza
Escuela de Quimica, Universidad Nacional, Heredia, Costa Rica
Rev Biol Trop 58:15-29. 2010..Since crude extracts of common rue foliage (Ruta chalepensis L.) have phagodeterrent activity on H...
- Effect of Ruta graveolens and Cannabis sativa alcoholic extract on spermatogenesis in the adult wistar male ratsM R Sailani
Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, Isfahan University, Isfahan, Iran
Indian J Urol 23:257-60. 2007The present study was undertaken to evaluate the effects of alcohol extracts of Ruta graveolens and Cannabis sativa that were used traditionally in medieval Persian medicine as male contraceptive drugs, on spermatogenesis in the adult ..
- Evaluation of antimicrobial activity of selected plant extracts by rapid XTT colorimetry and bacterial enumerationAmal G Al-Bakri
Department of Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Jordan, Amman 11942, Jordan
J Microbiol Methods 68:19-25. 2007..The plant extracts of Hypericum triquetrifolium, Ballota undulata, Ruta chalepensis, Ononis natrix, Paronychia argentea and Marrubium vulgare had shown promising antimicrobial activity...
- Protection against murine endotoxemia by treatment with Ruta chalepensis L., a plant with anti-inflammatory propertiesLiliana Iauk
Department of Microbiological and Gynaecological Sciences, Section of Microbiology, University of Catania, Via Androne 81, Catania 95124, Italy
J Ethnopharmacol 90:267-72. 2004The anti-inflammatory effect of the extract of Ruta Chalepensis L. (Rutaceae) on the course of lethal endotoxemia in BALB/c mice was studied. When administered by gavage as 1 g/kg per day starting 14 or 7 days prior to injection of 0...
- Temporary uterine artery occlusion for treatment of menorrhagia and uterine fibroids using an incisionless Doppler-guided transvaginal clamp: case reportG A Vilos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Western Ontario, St Joseph s Health Care, London, Ontario, Canada
Hum Reprod 21:269-71. 2006..Menorrhagia symptoms were tracked with the Ruta Menorrhagia Severity Scale. Uterine and fibroid volumes were measured by analysis of magnetic resonance images...
- Anthranilate N-methyltransferase, a branch-point enzyme of acridone biosynthesisBritta Rohde
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Deutschhausstrasse 17A, 35037 Marburg, Germany
Plant J 53:541-53. 2008Acridone alkaloids formed by acridone synthase in Ruta graveolens L. are composed of N-methylanthraniloyl CoA and malonyl CoAs...
- Effective biotic elicitation of Ruta graveolens L. shoot cultures by lysates from Pectobacterium atrosepticum and Bacillus spA Orlita
Faculty of Chemistry, University of Gdansk, ul Sobieskiego 18, Gdansk, Poland
Biotechnol Lett 30:541-5. 2008Growth of Ruta graveolens shoots was induced when Bacillus sp. cell lysates were added to the culture medium...
- Herb of grace: an unusual cause of phytophotodermatitis mimicking burn injuryDominic Furniss
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, The West Wing, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
J Burn Care Res 28:767-9. 2007..of a 2-year-old child who suffered an acute phytophotodermatitis with systemic upset after contact with the herb Ruta Graveolens (common rue, Herb of Grace)...
- Isoflavones in the Rutaceae family: twenty selected representatives of the genera Citrus, Fortunella, Poncirus, Ruta and SeveriniaRadka Koblovska
Department of Chemistry of Natural Compounds, Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague, Czech Republic
Phytochem Anal 19:64-70. 2008..Species belonging to five genera were studied, namely Citrus, Fortunella, Poncirus, Ruta and Severinia...
- A new coumarin glucoside, coumarins and alkaloids from Ruta corsica rootsCedric Bertrand
Laboratoire Pharmacophores Redox, Phytochimie et Radiobiologie, EA 3030 Faculté des Sciences Pharmaceutiques, Université Paul Sabatier 35, chemin des Maraichers, 310362 Toulouse 4, France
Fitoterapia 75:242-4. 2004..one coumarin, five furanocoumarins, three bicoumarins, three quinoline alkaloids and one sinapoyl sucrose derivative have been isolated from the roots of Ruta corsica.
- Volatile components of some Rutaceae speciesAntoaneta Ivanova
Institute of Organic Chemistry with Centre of Phytochemistry, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Sofia 1113, Bulgaria
Z Naturforsch C 59:169-73. 2004The volatile components of the aerial parts of Ruta graveolens and Haplophyllum suaveolens, as well as of leaves of Zanthoxylum limoncello, Z. panamense and Z. setulosum have been studied by GC/MS analysis.
- Mutagenicity testing of rutacridone epoxide and rutacridone, alkaloids in Ruta graveolens L., using the Salmonella/microsome assayH Paulini
Institut fúr Botanik und Pharmazeutische Biologie der Universität Erlangen Nürnberg, FRG
Mutagenesis 4:45-50. 1989..Evidence is presented that rutacridone is metabolized by rat liver enzymes to the corresponding epoxide as the ultimate mutagen...
- Ruta Graveolens intoxicationChen June Seak
Department of Emergency Medicine, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Linkou, Taiwan
Clin Toxicol (Phila) 45:173-5. 2007We describe a case of unintentional poisoning from Ruta Graveolens, a medicinal herb that is used for heart protection in Taiwan...
- Unusual pseudosubstrate specificity of a novel 3,5-dimethoxyphenol O-methyltransferase cloned from Ruta graveolens LLaura Burga
Institut fur Pharmazeutische Biologie, Philipps Universitat Marburg, Deutschhausstrasse 17A, D 35037 Marburg, Germany
Arch Biochem Biophys 440:54-64. 2005A cDNA was cloned from Ruta graveolens cells encoding a novel O-methyltransferase (OMT) with high similarity to orcinol or chavicol/eugenol OMTs, but containing a serine-rich N-terminus and a 13 amino acid insertion between motifs IV and ..
- Identification of Ruta graveolens L. metabolites accumulated in the presence of abiotic elicitorsAleksandra Orlita
Faculty of Chemistry, University of Gdansk, PL 80 952 Gdansk, ul Sobieskiego 18, Gdansk, Poland
Biotechnol Prog 24:128-33. 2008..The use of saccharin also increased the production of bergapten, isopimpinelin, pinnarin, psoralen, and xanthotoxin several times...
- Effect of homeopathic medicines on transplanted tumors in miceSunila Es
Amala Cancer Research Centre, Amala Nagar, Thrissur, Kerala State, India 680555
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 8:390-4. 2007..It was found that Ruta graveolens 200c and Hydrastis canadensis 200c significantly increased the lifespan of Ehrlich Ascites Carcinoma and ..
- Effect of homeopathy on analgesic intake following knee ligament reconstruction: a phase III monocentre randomized placebo controlled studyA Paris
INSERM, CIC003, CHU Grenoble, Grenoble F 38043, Grenoble, France
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:180-7. 2008..The efficacy of homeopathy is still under debate and a recent meta-analysis recommended further randomized double-blind clinical trials to identify any clinical situation in which homeopathy might be effective...
- GENETIC STUDIES OF GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE IN BACTERIASydney Kustu; Fiscal Year: 2007..and biochemical approaches to identify the intermediates of the Rut pathway and the enzymatic activities of the RutA-RutF proteins. We will study the DNA binding and transcriptional repression activities of RutR in vitro...
- GENETIC STUDIES OF GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE IN BACTERIASydney Kustu; Fiscal Year: 2009..and biochemical approaches to identify the intermediates of the Rut pathway and the enzymatic activities of the RutA-RutF proteins. We will study the DNA binding and transcriptional repression activities of RutR in vitro...
- GENETIC STUDIES OF GLUTAMINE SYNTHETASE IN BACTERIASYDNEY GOVONS KUSTU; Fiscal Year: 2010..and biochemical approaches to identify the intermediates of the Rut pathway and the enzymatic activities of the RutA-RutF proteins. We will study the DNA binding and transcriptional repression activities of RutR in vitro...
- Small Molecule Kv1.3 Blockers as New Therapeutics for Multiple SclerosisHeike Wulff; Fiscal Year: 2006..Following up on anecdotal reports from the late 1980s that tea prepared from Ruta graveolens, the common rue, had beneficial effects in MS, we discovered that Ruta contained a small molecule called ..
- Small Molecule Kv1.3 Blockers as New Therapeutics for Multiple SclerosisHeike Wulff; Fiscal Year: 2007..Following up on anecdotal reports from the late 1980s that tea prepared from Ruta graveolens, the common rue, had beneficial effects in MS, we discovered that Ruta contained a small molecule called ..