Summary: A plant genus of the family PAPAVERACEAE. S. canadensis is the source of sanguinarine extract used in MOUTHWASHES.
- HPLC quantification of seven quaternary benzo[c]phenanthridine alkaloids in six species of the family PapaveraceaeJana Suchomelová
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, Komenskeho nam 2, CZ 662 43 Brno, Czech Republic
J Pharm Biomed Anal 44:283-7. 2007..SR) and macarpine (MA) was determined in the underground part of six plant species of the family Papaveraceae (Sanguinaria canadensis L., Dicranostigma lactucoides HOOK.f.et THOMS, Chelidonium majus L., Macleaya cordata (Willd...
- A case of do-it-yourself Mohs' surgery using bloodroot obtained from the internetA G Affleck
Br J Dermatol 157:1078-9. 2007
- In vitro susceptibility of Helicobacter pylori to isoquinoline alkaloids from Sanguinaria canadensis and Hydrastis canadensisGail B Mahady
Program for Collaborative Research in the Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Phytother Res 17:217-21. 2003Methanol extracts of the rhizomes of Sanguinaria canadensis, and the roots and rhizomes of Hydrastis canadensis, two plants used traditionally for the treatment of gastrointestinal ailments, were screened for in vitro antibacterial ..
- Variability in the yield of benzophenanthridine alkaloids in wildcrafted vs cultivated bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis L.)Tyler N Graf
Natural Products Laboratory, Trace Inorganics Department, and Social and Statistical Sciences, Research Triangle Institute, P O Box 12194, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 2194, USA
J Agric Food Chem 55:1205-11. 2007Populations of bloodroot [Sanguinaria canadensis L. (Papaveraceae)] are found throughout the eastern forests of North America, with particular abundance in the southern Appalachian Mountains...
- Synthesis and evaluation of heterocyclic analogues of bromoxynilMatthew A Cutulle
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, United States
J Agric Food Chem 62:329-36. 2014..Future research should compare this analogue to bromoxynil using optimized formulations at higher application rates...
- American Cutaneous Leishmaniasis in Panama: a historical review of entomological studies on anthropophilic Lutzomyia sand fly speciesLarissa C Dutari
Centro de Biodiversidad and Descubrimiento de Drogas, Instituto de Investigaciones Científicas and Servicios de Alta Tecnología, Edificio 219, Clayton, PO 0843 01103, Ciudad del Saber, Republica de Panama
Parasit Vectors 7:218. 2014..panamensis, Lu. gomezi, Lu. ylephiletor, Lu. sanguinaria and Lu. pessoana (Henceforth Lu. carrerai thula)...
- In vitro screening of forty medicinal plant extracts from the United States Northern Great Plains for anthelmintic activity against Haemonchus contortusJyotsna Acharya
Department of Biology and Microbiology, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD 57007, United States
Vet Parasitol 201:75-81. 2014..Ericameria nauseosa, Liatris punctata, Melilotus alba, Melilotus officinalis, Perideridia gairdneri, and Sanguinaria canadensis) showed significant egg-hatch inhibition in DMSO and MOPS buffer...
- Anti-proliferative effect of Klimaktoplan® on human breast cancer cellsKi Hoon Ahn
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Korea University Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, 126 1, Anam Dong 5 Ga, Seongbuk gu, Seoul, 136 705, South Korea
Arch Gynecol Obstet 288:833-8. 2013..The study investigated the safety of Klimaktoplan® through its effect on the proliferation of breast cancer (MCF-7) and non-malignant mammary epithelial cells (MCF-10A)...
- Histopathological features associated with application of black salve to cutaneous lesions: a series of 16 cases and review of the literatureTamazin N Leecy
PathWest Laboratory Medicine, and School of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Western Australia, Crawley Clinipath Pathology, West Perth Western Dermatology and Department of Dermatology, Royal Perth Hospital Dermatopathology WA, Cottesloe, and School of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, The University of Western Australia, Crawley, Western Australia, Australia
Pathology 45:670-4. 2013..To document the histopathological features of self-treatment of cutaneous lesions with the escharotic agent black salve...
- A review of topical corrosive black salveKristin L Eastman
1 University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA
J Altern Complement Med 20:284-9. 2014..various inert ingredients, but it can be transformed into a corrosive ointment by the addition of bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis) or zinc chloride...
- BOA detoxification of four summer weeds during germination and seedling growthMargot Schulz
IMBIO Institute of Molecular Physiology and Biotechnology of Plants, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
J Chem Ecol 38:933-46. 2012..Therefore, detoxification processes affect the potential for weed suppression by soil allelochemicals in sustainable weed management...
- Rise and fall of oral health products with Canadian bloodroot extractChristian Vlachojannis
Institut fur Rechtsmedizin, Universitat Freiburg, Freiburg, Germany
Phytother Res 26:1423-6. 2012The rhizome of Sanguinaria canadensis (SC, bloodroot) contains an active principle with antimicrobial, antiinflammatory, antioxidative and immunomodulatory effects...
- Efficacy of a non-hormonal treatment, BRN-01, on menopausal hot flashes: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialJean Claude Colau
Department of Gynaecology, Hospital Foch, Suresnes, France
Drugs R D 12:107-19. 2012..Homeopathic medicines have a place among the non-hormonal therapies for the treatment of hot flashes during the menopause...
- Sanguinarine induces apoptosis of HT-29 human colon cancer cells via the regulation of Bax/Bcl-2 ratio and caspase-9-dependent pathwayJun Sik Lee
Heart Research Center of Chonnam National University Hospital, Cardiovascular Research Institute of Chonnam National University, Gwangju 501 757, Korea
Int J Toxicol 31:70-7. 2012Sanguinarine is an alkaloid obtained from the bloodroot plant Sanguinaria canadensis and has beneficial effects on oxidative stress and inflammatory disorders...
- Interference of redroot pigweed (Amaranthus retroflexus L.) in green bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.)B Mirshekari
Islamic Azad University of Tabriz, Faculty of Agriculture, Department of Agronomy and Plant Breeding, Iran
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 71:775-80. 2006..Obviously, farmers with using of such experiment results could control weeds in the best time and with decreasing of herbicide use, we can move toward some purposes of the sustainable agriculture...
- Activation of prodeath Bcl-2 family proteins and mitochondrial apoptosis pathway by sanguinarine in immortalized human HaCaT keratinocytesVaqar Mustafa Adhami
Department of Dermatology, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:3176-82. 2003Sanguinarine, derived from the root of Sanguinaria canadensis and other poppy fumaria species, possesses strong antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties...
- Water stress and nitrogen limitation effects on corn (Zea mays L.) competition with a C3 and a C4 weedE Zand
Department of Weed Research, Plant Pest and Disease Research Institute, P O Box 19395 1454, Tehran, Iran
Commun Agric Appl Biol Sci 71:753-60. 2006..Totally, it was concluded that drought stress and nitrogen deficiency, as the two results of climate change, had more negative effect on C3 weeds compared with C4...
- Redroot pigweedRichard W Weber
National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver, CO 80206, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 89:A6. 2002
- Signals can trump rewards in attracting seed-dispersing antsKyle M Turner
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 8:e71871. 2013..ants quickly collected diaspores (seeds plus elaiosomes) of Asarum canadense, Trillium grandiflorum, and Sanguinaria canadensis, but largely neglected those of T. erectum...
- The antimicrobial screening of a Barbadian medicinal plant with indications for use in the treatment of diabetic wound infectionsS Carrington
Faculty of Medical Sciences, The University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, Barbados
West Indian Med J 61:861-4. 2012..It was therefore tested against the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 25923, Pseudomonas aeruginosa ATCC 27853, and Enterococcus feacalis (clincal strain) which are commonly found in diabetic wounds...
- Amplified fragment length polymorphism-based genetic relationships among weedy Amaranthus speciesJ J Wassom
Department of Crop Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Hered 96:410-6. 2005..Thus the dioecious species Palmer amaranth and waterhemp may not necessarily hybridize with each other more readily than they would to one or more of the monoecious Amaranthus species...
- Suppression of angiogenesis by the plant alkaloid, sanguinarineJong Pil Eun
Department of Neurosurgery, Chonbuk National University Hospital, Jeonju 560 180, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317:618-24. 2004Sanguinarine is a benzophenanthridine alkaloid derived from the root of Sanguinaria canadensis...
- BloodrootMichael Z Wang
Medical School, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55417, USA
Dermatitis 23:281-3. 2012BLOODROOT (Sanguinaria canadensis) is a flowering herb that can be used as a drug. Historically, it was widely used by Native Americans in blood tonification and purification, pain and fever relief, and wound healing...
- Description of Lutzomyia (Helcocyrtomyia) tolimensis, a new species of phlebotomine sandfly (Diptera: Psychodidae) from ColombiaMaría C Carrasquilla
Centro Internacional de Entrenamiento e Investigaciones Medicas, Cali, Colombia
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 107:993-7. 2012..A description is presented of Lutzomyia tolimensis sp. nov., a new species of the subgenus Helcocyrtomyia, series sanguinaria. It was collected in dwellings, peridomestic environment and in nearby forest patches located in the foothills ..
- Consequences of using escharotic agents as primary treatment for nonmelanoma skin cancerShana McDaniel
Division of Dermatology, University of Vermont College of Medicine, Fletcher Allen Health Care, Burlington, VT 05401, USA
Arch Dermatol 138:1593-6. 2002..Zinc chloride and Sanguinaria canadensis (bloodroot) are 2 agents that are used as part of the Mohs chemosurgery fixed-tissue technique...
- Sanguinarine causes cell cycle blockade and apoptosis of human prostate carcinoma cells via modulation of cyclin kinase inhibitor-cyclin-cyclin-dependent kinase machineryVaqar Mustafa Adhami
Department of Dermatology, University of Wisconsin Medical Science Center, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 3:933-40. 2004..Sanguinarine, an alkaloid derived from the bloodroot plant Sanguinaria canadensis, has been shown to possess antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties...
- Rapid human melanoma cell death induced by sanguinarine through oxidative stressAna Burgeiro
Instituto de Biologia Molecular y Celular del Cancer, Centro de Investigacion del Cancer, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad de Salamanca, Campus Miguel de Unamuno, E 37007 Salamanca, Spain
Eur J Pharmacol 705:109-18. 2013Sanguinarine is a natural isoquinoline alkaloid derived from the root of Sanguinaria canadensis and from other poppy fumaria species, and is known to have a broad spectrum of pharmacological properties...
- Decoupling of light intensity effects on the growth and development of C3 and C4 weed species through sucrose supplementationSultan H Begna
Plant Science Department, McGill University, Macdonald Campus, 21111 Lakeshore Road, Ste Anne de Bellevue, Quebec, Canada H9X 3V9
J Exp Bot 53:1935-40. 2002....
- The evaluation of forty-three plant species for in vitro antimycobacterial activities; isolation of active constituents from Psoralea corylifolia and Sanguinaria canadensisSandra M Newton
The School of Pharmacy, University of Bradford, BD7 1DP, West Yorkshire, UK
J Ethnopharmacol 79:57-67. 2002..aurum were comparable with those against M. bovis BCG with compound (2) being the most active (M. bovis BCG, IC(50)=14.3 microg/ml [37.3 microM]). These results support the use of these plants in traditional medicine...
- Clinical effect of a Mexican sanguinaria extract (Polygonum aviculare L.) on gingivitisM Gonzalez Begne
Dental Research Center, School of Dentistry, Allende Ote 151 3, Villas de San Agustin, Bo de Santa Cruz, Metepec, C P 52149, Edo de Mexico, Mexico
J Ethnopharmacol 74:45-51. 2001..Therefore, the effectiveness of a natural Mexican Sanguinaria extract (Polygonum aviculare L...
- Photosynthetic and growth responses of zea mays L and four weed species following post-emergence treatments with mesotrione and atrazinetJ Earl Creech
Utah State University, Plants, Soils, and Biometeorology Department, 4820 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322 4820, USA
Pest Manag Sci 60:1079-84. 2004..Shoot dry mass of broadleaf weeds was significantly reduced by all three herbicide treatments, except for A retroflexus treated with mesotrione alone...
- Effects of sanguinaria in fluoride-containing dentifrices on the remineralisation of subsurface carious lesion in vitroSuk Jin Hong
Department of Preventive Dentistry, College of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea
Int Dent J 55:128-32. 2005The purpose of this study was to investigate the potential cariostatic benefits of dentifrice containing both fluoride (F) and sanguinaria (SG) in a silica abrasive formula using the microbial de- and re-mineralisation cycle model.
- Consequences of intratumoral injection of a herbal preparation containing blood root (Sanguinaria canadensis) extract in two dogsMichael O Childress
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, School of Veterinary Medicine, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 239:374-9. 20112 dogs were referred for surgical removal of cutaneous tumors that had previously been treated by intratumoral injection of a herbal preparation containing blood-root (Sanguinaria canadensis) extract.
- The plant alkaloid sanguinarine is a potential inhibitor of follicular angiogenesisGiuseppina Basini
Department of Animal Production, Veterinary Biotechnology, Food Safety and Quality Veterinary Physiology, University of Parma, Italy
J Reprod Dev 53:573-9. 2007Sanguinarine (SA), a phytobiotic from Sanguinaria Canadensis, has been demonstrated to inhibit vessel growth...
- Escharotic and other botanical agents for the treatment of skin cancer: a reviewNathaniel Jellinek
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 53:487-95. 2005
- An Internet misadventure: bloodroot salve toxicityJohn J Cienki
Division of Emergency Medicine, Jackson Memorial Hospital and Miler School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Altern Complement Med 16:1125-7. 2010Bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis) is a perennial flowering plant native to North America. Sanguinarine, a benzylisoquinoline alkaloid, is a powerful escharotic contained in the root...
- Fluorescence of sanguinarine: spectral changes on interaction with amino acidsMarika Janovska
Laboratory of Biophysics, Faculty of Sciences, Palacky University, Tr 17 listopadu 12, CZ 77146 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Phys Chem Chem Phys 12:11335-41. 2010..We have also demonstrated that spectral change analysis can aid investigation of SG/DHSG interactions with proteins and we were able to identify SG(+)-binding site on Na(+)/K(+)-ATPase...
- Dual inhibition of 5-lipoxygenase/cyclooxygenase by a reconstituted homeopathic remedy; possible explanation for clinical efficacy and favourable gastrointestinal tolerabilityR Jaggi
VitaPlant AG, Benkenstrasse 254, 4108 Witterswil, Switzerland
Inflamm Res 53:150-7. 2004..N and its constituents, the inhibition of the synthesis of Leukotriene B4 (LTB4) and Prostaglandin (PGE2) by 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) and cyclo-oxygenase 1 and 2 (COX 1 and 2) respectively were examined in vitro...
- Uptake and release of cesium-137 by five plant species as influenced by soil amendments in field experimentsMark Fuhrmann
Brookhaven National Laboratory, P O Box 5000, Upton, NY 11973 5000, USA
J Environ Qual 32:2272-9. 2003....
- Forest edges and fire ants alter the seed shadow of an ant-dispersed plantJ H Ness
Institute of Ecology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 2202, USA
Oecologia 138:448-54. 2004..Both appear detrimental to ant-dispersed plants such as bloodroot, Sanguinaria canadensis...
- Induction of apoptosis by sanguinarine in C6 rat glioblastoma cells is associated with the modulation of the Bcl-2 family and activation of caspases through downregulation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase and AktMin Ho Han
Department of Biomaterial Control BK21 program, Dongeui University Graduate School, Busan, South Korea
Anticancer Drugs 18:913-21. 2007Sanguinarine is a benzophenanthridine alkaloid that is derived from the root of Sanguinaria canadensis and other poppy fumaria species, and is known to have antimicrobial, antiinflammatory and antioxidant properties...
- Sanguinarine and chelerythrine: assessment of safety on pigs in ninety days feeding experimentPavel Kosina
Institute of Medical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Palacky University, Hnevotinska 3, 775 15 Olomouc, Czech Republic
Food Chem Toxicol 42:85-91. 2004b>Sanguinaria canadesis, Chelidonium majus and Macleya cordata have been used for centuries as alternative medicines...
- Allelopathic potential and chemical constituents of volatiles from Ageratum conyzoides under stressChuihua Kong
Institute of Tropical and Subtropical Ecology, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou
J Chem Ecol 28:1173-82. 2002..cichoracearum or exposed to A. gossypii feeding inhibited or killed fungi and insects. Precocenes and their derivatives, monoterpenes, and sesquiterpenes were the major volatile components of A. conyzoides...
- Uptake of cesium-137 and strontium-90 from contaminated soil by three plant species; application to phytoremediationMark Fuhrmann
Environmental and Waste Technology Group, Brookhaven National Lab, Upton, NY 11973 5000, USA
J Environ Qual 31:904-9. 2002..Uptake of 90Sr exhibits no relationship to 90Sr concentrations in the soil. Estimates of time required for removal of 50% of the two contaminants, assuming two crops of redroot pigweed per year, are 7 yr for 90Sr and 18 yr for 137Cs...
- Capillary electrophoresis of phytochemical substancesLeena Suntornsuk
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, 447 Sri Ayudhaya Road, Rajathevee, Bangkok, Thailand
J Pharm Biomed Anal 27:679-98. 2002..990). Quantitation of sanguinarine and chelerythrine, alkaloids from Sanguinaria canadensis L. or Macleaya cordata (Wild) Br. R. by CE showed excellent linearity (R(2)>0...
- Sanguinarine induces K+ outflow from yeast cells expressing mammalian sodium pumpsG Scheiner-Bobis
Institut für Biochemie und Endokrinologie, Fachbereich Veterinarmedizin, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 363:203-8. 2001Sanguinarine, an alkaloid from Sanguinaria canadensis, has no effect on the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae at concentrations of up to 225 microM...
- Description of Lutzomyia velezi, a new species of phlebotomine sand fly (Diptera: Psychodidae) from the Department of Antioquia, ColombiaEduar Elías Bejarano
Grupo de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad de Sucre, Colombia
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 105:322-5. 2010..The new species belongs to the series sanguinaria of the subgenus Helcocyrtomyia, which is represented in Colombia by Lutzomyia cirrita, Lutzomyia hartmanni, ..
- Sanguinarine sensitizes human gastric adenocarcinoma AGS cells to TRAIL-mediated apoptosis via down-regulation of AKT and activation of caspase-3Woo Young Choi
Department of Biochemistry, Dongeui University College of Oriental Medicine, Yangjung Dong, Busanjin Gu, Busan 614 714, South Korea
Anticancer Res 29:4457-65. 2009Sanguinarine is a benzophenanthridine alkaloid, derived from the root of Sanguinaria canadensis and other poppy Fumaria species, which is known to have antimicrobial, antiinflammatory and antioxidant properties...
- Effects of aqueous extracts from five species of the family Papaveraceae on selected aquatic organismsDaniel Jancula
Centre for Cyanobacteria and Their Toxins, Institute of Botany, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Květná 8, 603 65 Brno, Czech Republic
Environ Toxicol 22:480-6. 2007..Dicranostigma lactucoides and Sanguinaria canadensis featured the highest toxicity while Macleaya microcarpa was found to be the least toxic to all ..
- Testing your diagnostic skills. Case no. 1: epithelial dysplasiaRon Baughman
Todays FDA 18:20, 22. 2006
- Sanguinarine inhibits VEGF-induced angiogenesis in a fibrin gel matrixGiuseppina Basini
Dipartimento di Produzioni Animali, Biotecnologie Veterinarie, Qualità e Sicurezza degli Alimenti, Sezione di Fisiologia Veterinaria, Universita di Parma, Parma, Italy
Biofactors 29:11-8. 2007..The identification of possible ways to block blood vessels formation has become a major scientific objective of the last decade and several phytochemicals are currently being exploited to target tumour angiogenesis...
- Sanguinarine-dependent induction of apoptosis in primary effusion lymphoma cellsAzhar R Hussain
Human Cancer Genomic Research, King Fahad National Center for Children s Cancer and Research, Biological and Medical Research, Riyadh 11211, Saudi Arabia
Cancer Res 67:3888-97. 2007..block proliferation of PEL cells, we found that sanguinarine, a natural compound isolated from the root plant Sanguinaria canadendid, inhibits cell proliferation and induces apoptosis in a dose-dependent manner in several PEL cell ..
- Sanguinarine inhibits VEGF-induced Akt phosphorylationGiuseppina Basini
Dipartimento di Produzioni Animali, Biotecnologie Veterinarie, Qualità e Sicurezza degli Alimenti, Sezione di Fisiologia, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Via del Taglio 8, 43100 Parma, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1095:371-6. 2007..Sanguinarine (SA), an alkaloid isolated from Sanguinaria canadensis, is known for its antiangiogenetic effects by suppressing basal and VEGF-induced new vessel growth...
- Antiplatelet effect of sanguinarine is correlated to calcium mobilization, thromboxane and cAMP productionJiiang Huei Jeng
Laboratory of Dental Pharmacology and Toxicology, Department of Dentistry, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University, College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
Atherosclerosis 191:250-8. 2007Sanguinarine is a plant alkaloid present in the root of Sanguinaria canadensis and Poppy fumaria species. Sanguinarine has been used as an antiseptic mouth rinse and a toothpaste additive to reduce dental plaque and gingival inflammation...
- Induction of necrosis and apoptosis to KB cancer cells by sanguinarine is associated with reactive oxygen species production and mitochondrial membrane depolarizationMei Chi Chang
Biomedical Science Team, Chang Gung Institute of Technology, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 218:143-51. 2007Sanguinarine is a benzopheanthridine alkaloid present in the root of Sanguinaria canadensis L. and Chellidonium majus L...
- Sanguinarine-induced apoptosis: generation of ROS, down-regulation of Bcl-2, c-FLIP, and synergy with TRAILShin Kim
Department of Immunology and Chronic Disease Research Center and Institute for Medical Science, School of Medicine, Keimyung University, 194 DongSan Dong Jung Gu, Taegu 700 712, South Korea
J Cell Biochem 104:895-907. 2008Sanguinarine is a benzophenanthridine alkaloid derived from the root of Sanguinaria canadensis and other poppy-fumaria species, possessing potent antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory activities...
- Human blood mononuclear cell in vitro cytokine response before and after two different strenuous exercise bouts in the presence of bloodroot and Echinacea extractsDavid S Senchina
Department of Biology, Drake University, Des Moines, IA 50311, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 43:298-303. 2009..90 min of cycling at 85% of ventilatory threshold [VT]) when stimulated in vitro with extracts from bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis), coneflower (Echinacea tennesseensis), or solvent vehicle controls...
- Screening for soil streptomycetes from North Jordan that can produce herbicidal compoundsSereen M B Bataineh
Department of Applied Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science and Arts, Jordan University of Science and Technology, Irbid
Pol J Microbiol 57:297-305. 2008....
- In vitro screening for the tumoricidal properties of international medicinal herbsElizabeth A Mazzio
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, Florida 32307, USA
Phytother Res 23:385-98. 2009..kingdom (LC(50) = 31-490 microg/mL) in order of the lowest LC(50) Dioscorea villosa (Dioscoreaceae) > Sanguinaria canadensis (Papaveraceae) > Dipsacus asper (Dipsacaceae) > Populus balsamifera (Salicaceae) > ..
- Sanguinarine-induced apoptosis in human leukemia U937 cells via Bcl-2 downregulation and caspase-3 activationMin Ho Han
Department of Biomaterial Control BK21 program, Dongeui University Graduate School, Busan, South Korea
Chemotherapy 54:157-65. 2008Sanguinarine is a benzophenanthridine alkaloid derived from the root of Sanguinaria canadensis, which induces apoptosis in human cancer cells, but the underlying action mechanisms are not completely understood...
- Death from metastatic basal cell carcinoma: herbal remedy or just unlucky?Donald R Laub
J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg 61:846-8. 2008
- Histopathologic findings and diagnostic difficulties posed with use of escharotic agents for treatment of skin lesions: a case report and review of the literatureAnna M Moran
Department of Pathology, Penn State University, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Cutan Pathol 35:404-6. 2008..To the best of our knowledge, the histological features following use of bloodroot (Sanguinaria canadensis) have not yet been documented.
- Phytotoxicity evaluation of five pharmaceutical pollutants detected in surface water on germination and growth of cultivated and spontaneous plantsBrigida D'Abrosca
Department of Life Sciences, Second University of Naples, Caserta, Italy
J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng 43:285-94. 2008....
- Treating hot flushes in menopausal women with homeopathic treatment--results of an observational studyM F Bordet
Boiron, Sainte Foy Les Lyon, France
Homeopathy 97:10-5. 2008..There is great controversy concerning treatment for menopausal symptoms. We evaluated homeopathic treatments for hot flushes and their effect on quality of life in menopausal women...
- The mechanism of action of sanguinarine against methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusBrice W Obiang-Obounou
Wonkwang University, College of Pharmacy and Wonkwang Oriental Medicines Research Institute, Jeonbuk 570 749, Korea
J Toxicol Sci 36:277-83. 2011Sanguinarine is a benzophenanthridine alkaloid derived from the root of Sanguinaria canadensis. It is known to perform a wide spectrum of biological activities...
- CHEMOPREVENTION OF PROSTATE CANCER BY SANGUINARINENihal Ahmad; Fiscal Year: 2002..Sanguinarine, derived from the root of Sanguinaria canadendid, is a benzophenanthridine alkaloid that is believed to posses anti-tumor properties...
- Skin Cancer Chemoprevention by SanguinarineNihal Ahmad; Fiscal Year: 2004..Sanguinarine, derived from the root of Sanguinaria canadensis and other poppy-fumaria species, has been shown to possess anti-microbial, antioxidant and anti-..
- EVALUATION OF BOTANICALS FOR H .PYLORI INFECTIONSGail Mahady; Fiscal Year: 2002..pylori strains. Active extracts will be utilized for in vivo studies. The long-term objectives are to develop safe and effective botanical extracts for the treatment and prevention of H. pylori infections. ..
- Conference on Emerging Research TechnologiesGail Mahady; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Botanicals for Chlamydia pneumonia infections-Revision 1Gail Mahady; Fiscal Year: 2005..Data and active standardized extracts developed during this work will be used as the basis for future clinical trials. ..
- Botanicals from Central America for MenopauseGail Mahady; Fiscal Year: 2005..Successful validation and standardization of traditional plant-based medicines used to treat menopause has great significance not only for the women of Central America but the rest of the world as well. ..