Genomes and Genes
Summary: A plant genus of the family ORCHIDACEAE that contains dihydroayapin (COUMARINS) and phenanthraquinones.
Publications187 found, 100 shown here
- [Suspension culture of protocorm-like bodies from the endangered medicinal plant Dendrobium huoshanenese]Jiang ping Luo
College of Biotechnology and Food Engineering, Hefei University of Technology, Hefei 230009, Anhui, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 28:611-4. 2003To investigate the characteristics of growth, and water-soluble polysaccharide and total alkaloid accumulation in protocom-like bodies (PLBs) of Dendrobium huoshanenese in liquid culture system.
- [Descriptions and microscopy identification of Ephemerantha fimbriatum]Xiaobin Guan
Zhuhai Hospital, Guangdong Hospital of TCM, Zhuhai 519015
Zhong Yao Cai 27:636-8. 2004..In this paper, the descriptions and microscopy characters of Ephemerantha fimbriatum were reported...
- [Effects of four species of endophytic fungi on the growth and polysaccharide and alkaloid contents of Dendrobium nobile]Xiao mei Chen
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Bejing 100094, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:253-7. 2005To study the effects of four species of endophytic fungi on the growth and polysaccharide and alkaloid contents of cultured Dendrobium nobile.
- A new phenanthrene with a spirolactone from Dendrobium chrysanthum and its anti-inflammatory activitiesLi Yang
Key Laboratory of Standardization of Chinese Medicines of Ministry of Education, Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1200 Cailun Road, Zhangjiang Hi Tech Park, Shanghai 201203, PR China
Bioorg Med Chem 14:3496-501. 2006Investigation of phenolic patterns from the stems of Dendrobium chrysanthum by HPLC-PDA-MS has led to the isolation of a new phenanthrene derivative with a spirolactone ring, dendrochrysanene (1), that proved to suppress the mRNA level of ..
- Two new compounds from Dendrobium candidumYan Li
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:1477-9. 2008Two new compounds were isolated from the stems of Dendrobium candidum: (R)-3,4-dihydroxy-5,4',alpha-trimethoxybibenzyl (1), named dendrocandin A; and 4-[2-[(2S,3S)-3-(4-hydroxy-3,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-2-hydroxymethyl-8-methoxy-2,3-..
- Identification of Dendrobium species by a candidate DNA barcode sequence: the chloroplast psbA-trnH intergenic regionHui Yao
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100193, PR China
Planta Med 75:667-9. 2009..In this study, we hypothesize that the psbA-trnH spacer regions are also effective barcodes for Dendrobium species...
- Floral organ identity genes in the orchid Dendrobium crumenatumYifeng Xu
Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, 10 Science Drive 4, 117543 Singapore
Plant J 46:54-68. 2006..mechanisms underlying orchid flower development, we isolated candidates for A, B, C, D and E function genes from Dendrobium crumenatum. These include AP2-, PI/GLO-, AP3/DEF-, AG- and SEP-like genes...
- Structure and bioactivity of the polysaccharides in medicinal plant Dendrobium huoshanenseYves S Y Hsieh
The Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, Taipei 115, Taiwan
Bioorg Med Chem 16:6054-68. 2008Detailed structures of the active polysaccharides extracted from the leaf and stem cell walls and mucilage of Dendrobium huoshanense are determined by using various techniques, including chromatographic, spectroscopic, chemical, and ..
- Phenanthrenes from Dendrobium nobile and their inhibition of the LPS-induced production of nitric oxide in macrophage RAW 264.7 cellsJi Sang Hwang
College of Pharmacy, Chungbuk National University, Cheongju, Republic of Korea
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 20:3785-7. 2010Bioactivity-guided isolation of the methanol extract of the stems of Dendrobium nobile yielded a new phenanthrene together with nine known phenanthrenes and three known bibenzyls...
- Antimicrobial activity and biodiversity of endophytic fungi in Dendrobium devonianum and Dendrobium thyrsiflorum from VietnamYong mei Xing
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, No 151, Malianwa North Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100193, People s Republic of China
Curr Microbiol 62:1218-24. 2011Endophytic fungi are rich in orchids and have great impacts on their host plants. 53 endophytes (30 isolates from Dendrobium devonianum and 23 endophytic fungi from D...
- Bioactive bibenzyl derivatives and fluorenones from Dendrobium nobileXue Zhang
Research Institute of Tsinghua University in Shenzhen, Key Laboratory for New Drugs Research of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Shenzhen, Shenzhen 518057, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 70:24-8. 2007Bioassay-guided fractionation of the 60% ethanol extract of the stems of Dendrobium nobile using the DPPH assay led to the isolation of two new bibenzyl derivatives, nobilin D (1) and nobilin E (2), and a new fluorenone, nobilone (3), ..
- Denbinobin, a phenanthrene from dendrobium nobile, inhibits invasion and induces apoptosis in SNU-484 human gastric cancer cellsJae In Song
College of Pharmacy, Duksung Women s University, 419 Ssangmun dong, Seoul 132 714, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 27:813-8. 2012b>Dendrobium nobile is widely used as an analgesic, an antipyretic, and a tonic to nourish the stomach in traditional medicine...
- Inhibitory effects of Dendrobium alkaloids on memory impairment induced by lipopolysaccharide in ratsYanfei Li
Department of Pharmacology, Zunyi Medical College, Zunyi, PR China
Planta Med 77:117-21. 2011b>Dendrobium alkaloids (DNLA), extracted from Dendrobium nobile Lindl. whose botanical name is Dendrobium moniliforme, Orchidaceae family, were studied for their effect on lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced memory impairment in rats...
- Isolation and characterization of chalcone synthase gene isolated from Dendrobium Sonia EarsakulW Pitakdantham
Center for Agricultural Biotechnology CAB, Kasetsart University, Kamphang Saen Campus, Nakhon Pathom 73140, Thailand
Pak J Biol Sci 13:1000-5. 2010..isolate and characterize chalcone synthase gene in anthocyanin biosynthetic pathway during flower development of Dendrobium Sonia Earsakul...
- Anti-metastatic activities of bibenzyls from Dendrobium pulchellumPithi Chanvorachote
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Nat Prod Commun 8:115-8. 2013Our investigation of the stem of Dendrobium pulchellum resulted in the isolation of four known bibenzyls, chrysotobibenzyl (1), chrysotoxine (2), crepidatin (3) and moscatilin (4)...
- Development and characterization of 110 novel EST-SSR markers for Dendrobium officinale (Orchidaceae)Jiang Jie Lu
Zhejiang Provincial Key Laboratory for Genetic Improvement and Quality Control of Medicinal Plants, Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou 310018, People s Republic of China
Am J Bot 99:e415-20. 2012....
- Identification of Dendrobium species by dot blot hybridization assayHong Xu
The MOE Key Laboratory for Standardization of Chinese Medicines and The SATCM Key Laboratory for New Resources and Quality Evaluation of Chinese Medicines, Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, China
Biol Pharm Bull 33:665-8. 2010A method was developed for rapid identification of Dendrobium species by a dot blot hybridization assay...
- Conversion of protocorm-like bodies of Dendrobium huoshanense to shoots: the role of polyamines in relation to the ratio of total cytokinins and indole-3-acetic acidYing Wang
School of Biotechnology and Food Engineering, Hefei University of Technology, Hefei 230009, People s Republic of China College of Life Science, Hebei University, Baoding 071002, People s Republic of China
J Plant Physiol 166:2013-22. 2009In the present paper, a correlation between enhanced conversion of protocorm-like bodies (PLBs) of Dendrobium huoshanense to shoots by free polyamines (PAs) and changes in the levels of endogenous hormones is described...
- Interaction between a dark septate endophytic isolate from Dendrobium sp. and roots of D. nobile seedlingsXiao Qiang Hou
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100094, China
J Integr Plant Biol 51:374-81. 2009Interactions between an isolate of dark septate endophytes (DSE) and roots of Dendrobium nobile Lindl. seedlings are reported in this paper. The isolate was obtained from orchid mycorrhizas on Dendrobium sp. in subtropical forest...
- Comparative molecular cytogenetics of major repetitive sequence families of three Dendrobium species (Orchidaceae) from BangladeshRabeya Begum
Department of Botany, University of Dhaka, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
Ann Bot 104:863-72. 2009b>Dendrobium species show tremendous morphological diversity and have broad geographical distribution...
- In vitro and in vivo antioxidant activity of a water-soluble polysaccharide from Dendrobium denneanumAoxue Luo
Department of Landscape Plants, Chengdu Campus of Sichuan Agriculture University, Chengdu 611130, China
Molecules 16:1579-92. 2011The water-soluble crude polysaccharide (DDP) obtained from the aqueous extracts of the stem of Dendrobium denneanum through hot water extraction followed by ethanol precipitation, was found to have an average molecular weight (Mw) of ..
- Differentiation of Dendrobium species used as "Huangcao Shihu" by rDNA ITS sequence analysisHong Xu
Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai, P R China
Planta Med 72:89-92. 2006The genus Dendrobium Sw...
- Dendrobium candidum extract increases the expression of aquaporin-5 in labial glands from patients with Sjögren's syndromeLin Xiao
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Central Hospital of Fuling, Chongqing, China
Phytomedicine 18:194-8. 2011This study aimed to investigate the mechanism of Dendrobium candidum extract in promoting expression of aquaporin-5 for treatment of Sjögren's syndrome (SS)...
- Composition analysis and antioxidant activity of polysaccharide from Dendrobium denneanumYijun Fan
College of Life Sciences, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, PR China
Int J Biol Macromol 45:169-73. 2009..polysaccharide fractions (DDP1-1, DDP2-1 and DDP3-1) were successfully purified from the crude polysaccharide of Dendrobium denneanum by DEAE-Cellulose and Sephadex G-200 column chromatography...
- Antioxidant and anti-hyperglycemic activity of polysaccharide isolated from Dendrobium chrysotoxum LindlYaping Zhao
Research Center of Bioactive Materials, Chonbuk National University, Chonju 561 756, Korea
J Biochem Mol Biol 40:670-7. 2007Although polysaccharide is believed to play an important role in the medicinal effect of Dendrobium chrysotoxum Lindl (DCL), its role as an antioxidant and in anti-hyperglycemic induction was not reported...
- Accurate identification of closely related Dendrobium species with multiple species-specific gDNA probesTongxiang Li
Chien Shiung WU Laboratory, Southeast University, Nanjing 210096, P R China
J Biochem Biophys Methods 62:111-23. 2005About 63 species of Dendrobium are identified in China, making the identification of the origin of a particular Dendrobium species on the consumer market very difficult...
- Dendrobium findleyanum agglutinin: production, localization, anti-fungal activity and gene characterizationNison Sattayasai
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University, Muang, Khon Kaen, 40002, Thailand
Plant Cell Rep 28:1243-52. 2009The recently reported Dendrobium findleyanum agglutinin (DFA) was identified and determined in different parts of D...
- Thermostable mannose-binding lectin from Dendrobium findleyanum with activities dependent on sulfhydryl contentRunglawan Sudmoon
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen 40002, Thailand
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 40:811-8. 2008A mannose-binding lectin was purified from Dendrobium (D.) findleyanum pseudobulb using mannan-agarose column chromatography...
- DNA microarray for identification of the herb of dendrobium species from Chinese medicinal formulationsYan Bo Zhang
Department of Biochemistry, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, Hong Kong, China
Planta Med 69:1172-4. 2003A DNA microarray for detecting processed medicinal Dendrobium species (Herba Dendrobii) was constructed by incorporating the ITS1-5.8S-ITS2 sequences of 16 Dendrobium species on a glass slide...
- Functional characterisation of a cytokinin oxidase gene DSCKX1 in Dendrobium orchidShu Hua Yang
Plant Growth and Development Laboratory, Department of Biological Sciences, Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore, 10 Kent Ridge Crescent, Singapore 119260, Republic of Singapore
Plant Mol Biol 51:237-48. 2003..We have cloned a novel putative cytokinin oxidase, DSCKX1 (Dendrobium Sonia cytokinin oxidase), by mRNA differential display from shoot apices of Dendrobium Sonia cultured in the ..
- Genetic diversity analysis and conservation of the endangered Chinese endemic herb Dendrobium officinale Kimura et Migo (Orchidaceae) based on AFLPXuexia Li
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Biodiversity and Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, China
Genetica 133:159-66. 2008b>Dendrobium officinale is a critically endangered perennial herb endemic to China. Determining the levels of genetic diversity and patterns of population genetic structure of this species would assist in its conservation and management...
- [Study on sequence difference and SNP pheomenon of rDNA ITS region in F type and H type population of Dendrobium officinale]Xiao Yu Ding
Department of Pharmacognosy, School of Chinese Pharmacy
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 27:85-9. 2002To study rDNA ITS sequence differences between F type and that of H type of Dendrobium officinale in main habitat of China.
- In vitro antioxidant activities of a water-soluble polysaccharide derived from Dendrobium nobile Lindl. extractsAoxue Luo
College of Life Sciences, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610064, PR China
Int J Biol Macromol 45:359-63. 2009A water-soluble polysaccharide (DNP), isolated from the aqueous extracts of the stem of Dendrobium nobile Lindl., was found to have an average molecular weight (Mw) of about 8.76 x 10(4)Da...
- Identification of medicinal Dendrobium species by phylogenetic analyses using matK and rbcL sequencesHaruka Asahina
Laboratory of Food Chemistry, Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Ochanomizu University, 2 1 1 Ohtsuka, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Nat Med 64:133-8. 2010Species identification of five Dendrobium plants was conducted using phylogenetic analysis and the validity of the method was verified...
- Simultaneous determination of phenols (bibenzyl, phenanthrene, and fluorenone) in Dendrobium species by high-performance liquid chromatography with diode array detectionLi Yang
Department of Pharmacognosy, China Pharmaceutical University, 1 Shennong Road, Nanjing 210038, Jiangsu Province, PR China
J Chromatogr A 1104:230-7. 2006..77-104.92%). The developed method was applied to the simultaneous determination of 11 phenols from totally 31 Dendrobium species (mainly of medicinal plants) as well as other four samples from the similar genera as Pholidota, ..
- Cloning and transcription analysis of an AGAMOUS- and SEEDSTICK ortholog in the orchid Dendrobium thyrsiflorum (Reichb. f.)Martin Skipper
Institute of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Gothersgade 140, DK 1123 Copenhagen K, Denmark
Gene 366:266-74. 2006..We have cloned an AG- and STK ortholog in the orchid Dendrobium thyrsiflorum, named DthyrAG1 and DthyrAG2, respectively, and analyzed their expression patterns...
- Intersimple sequence repeats (ISSR) molecular fingerprinting markers for authenticating populations of Dendrobium officinale Kimura et MigoJie Shen
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Biodiversity and Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, China
Biol Pharm Bull 29:420-2. 2006..sequence repeats (ISSR) molecular fingerprinting markers have been employed to authenticate eight populations of Dendrobium officinale using 10 primers selected from 76 ISSR primers...
- Immunomodulatory sesquiterpene glycosides from Dendrobium nobileQinghua Ye
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shinghai 200031, People s Republic of China
Phytochemistry 61:885-90. 2002..glycosides with alloaromadendrane, emmotin, and picrotoxane type aglycones were isolated from the stems of Dendrobium nobile Lindl (Orchidaceae). Their structures were determined by spectroscopic methods and chemical reactions...
- Evaluation of different promoters driving the GFP reporter gene and selected target tissues for particle bombardment of Dendrobium Sonia 17C S Tee
Department of Biochemistry and Microbiology, Faculty of Science and Environmental Studies, Universiti Putra Malaysia, 43400 Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
Plant Cell Rep 21:452-8. 2003..gfp) gene driven by different promoters, CaMV 35S, HBT, and Ubi1 were tested for the genetic transformation of Dendrobium Sonia 17...
- Genetic diversity across natural populations of Dendrobium officinale, the endangered medicinal herb endemic to China, revealed by ISSR and RAPD markersGe Ding
Jiailgsu Provicinal Key Laboratory for Biodiversity and Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing 210046, China
Genetika 45:375-82. 2009b>Dendrobium officinale is a rare and endangered herb with special habitats and endemic to China...
- [Effect of polysaccharides content of tissue culturing seedlings on Dendrobium candidium under sound wave stimulation]Biao Li
Key Laboratory for Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering under the State Ministry of Education, College of Bioengineering, Chongqing University, China
Zhong Yao Cai 29:645-7. 2006To detect the polysaccharides content of tissue culturing seedlings on Dendrobium candidium under special sound wave stimulation.
- [Molecular identification of medicinal plants: Dendrobium chrysanthum, Dendrobium fimbriatum and their morphologically allied species by PCR-RFLP analyses]Ting Zhang
Department of Pharmacognosy, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210038, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:728-33. 2005..To establish a simple method for molecular identification of original plants of D. chrysanthum and D. fimbriatum using molecular marker rDNA ITS region...
- SNP, ARMS and SSH authentication of medicinal Dendrobium officinale KIMURA et MIGO and application for identification of Fengdou drugsGe Ding
Jiangsu Provicinal Key Laboratory for Biodiversity and Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, No 1, Wenyuan Road, Nanjing 210046, China
Biol Pharm Bull 31:553-7. 2008Dried stems of Dendrobium officinale have been used as crude drugs in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) with good tonic efficacy...
- [Studies on the seed embryo germination and propagation of Dendrobium candidum in vitro]Gui xiang Tang
Department of Agronomy, College of Agriculture and Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1583-6. 2005To determine optimum culture conditions for the seed embryo culture and rapid propagation of Dendrobium candidum.
- Bio-guided isolation of antioxidants from the stems of Dendrobium aurantiacum var. denneanumLi Yang
Key Laboratory of Standardization of Chinese Medicines of Ministry of Education, Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 201203 Shanghai, PR China
Phytother Res 21:696-8. 2007Bio-guided fractionation of the stems of Dendrobium aurantiacum var...
- Antifibrotic phenanthrenes of Dendrobium nobile stemsHyekyung Yang
College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Science, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
J Nat Prod 70:1925-9. 2007..phenanthrenes ( 1 and 6) and four new dihydrophenanthrenes ( 2- 5) were isolated from a methanolic extract of Dendrobium nobile stems, along with 13 known phenanthrenes and dihydrophenanthrenes ( 7- 19)...
- Copacamphane, picrotoxane and cyclocopacamphane sesquiterpenes from Dendrobium nobileXue Zhang
Key Laboratory for Research and Development of New Drugs from Traditional Chinese Medicine and Natural Products in Shenzhen, Research Institute of Tsinghua University in Shenzhen, Shenzhen, PR China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 56:854-7. 2008..4) skeletons, were isolated from the n-BuOH soluble fraction of the 60% ethanol extract of the stems of Dendrobium nobile...
- [Genetic diversity and molecular authentication of wild populations of Dendrobium officinale by RAPD]Ge Ding
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Bioresource Technology, College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing 210097, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:1028-32. 2005Genetic diversity, relationship and molecular authentication of total 8 wild populations of Dendrobium officinale were investigated using RAPD markers.
- [Allele-specific diagnostic PCR authentication of Dendrobium thyrsiflorum]Yi Ying
Key Laboratory of Standardization of Chinese Medicines of the Ministry of Education, Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 201203, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 42:98-103. 2007..thyrsiflorum Rchb. f. Based on rDNA ITS sequences of the 164 samples from 109 Dendrobium species sequenced and quoted from GenBank, the allele-specific diagnostic primers QH-JB1 and QH-JB2 for ..
- High-performance liquid chromatography-diode array detection/electrospray ionization mass spectrometry for the simultaneous analysis of cis-, trans- and dihydro-2-glucosyloxycinnamic acid derivatives from Dendrobium medicinal plantsLi Yang
Key Laboratory of Standardization of Chinese Medicines of Ministry of Education, Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, 1200 Cailun Road, Zhangjiang Hi Tech Park, Shanghai 201203, P R China
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 21:1833-40. 2007..the major 2-glucosyloxycinnamic acids, cis-melilotoside, trans-melilotoside and dihydromelilotoside, present in Dendrobium medicinal plants...
- A simple and convenient approach for isolating RNA from highly viscous plant tissue rich in polysaccharidesBiao Li
Key Laboratory for Biomechanics and Tissue Engineering under the State Ministry of Education, College of Bioengineering, Chongqing University, Chongqing 400044, China
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 49:101-5. 2006RNA isolation is a prerequisite to the study of gene expression of herbaceous plant Dendrobium nobile under an environmental stress...
- [Experiment on seeding induction from seed of Demdrobium candidum]Gang Du
The College of Chemistry and Biotechnology, Yunnan Nationalities University, Kunming 650031, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:1207-8. 2007..28 mg/L + sucrose 20 g/L + banana mud 100 g/L + active carbon 10 g/L. The VW + NAA 0.18 mg/L + 6-BA 0.53 mg/L + GA 0.28 mg/L + sucrose 20 g/l + banana mud 100 g/L + active carbon 10 g/L was best for rooting of the plantlets...
- [Studies on population difference of Dendrobium officinale II establishment and optimization of the method of ISSR fingerprinting marker]Jie Shen
Jiangsu Key Laboratory for Biodiversity and Biotechnology, College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing 210097, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:291-4. 2006..To establish and optimize ISSR-PCR system of Dendrobiwn officinale according to the ISSR-PCR characters of D. officinale...
- [Studies on chemical constituents in stem of Dendrobium chrysotoxum]Yan Qing Gong
China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210038, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:304-6. 2006To investigate the chemical constituents of Dendrobium chrysotoxum.
- [Comparison on growth, physiology and medicinal components of Dendrobium huoshanense hybrid and its parents]Shu Wang
College of Life Sciences, Anhui Agricultural University, Hefei 230036, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:1401-4. 2006To compare the hybrid between species of Dendrobium huoshanense and its parents on growing, physiologic indexes and content of medicinal components, and provide theoretical basis for species quality improvement.
- [The comparison of different processing methods of Dendrobium loddigesii]Kong yuan Wu
College of Chinese Materia Medica, Beijing University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100102, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:1067-9. 2007To study the 4 different processing methods of Dendrobium loddigesii. and find a optimal method.
- [Researches on morphology and anatomy of root system of Dendrobium nobile Lindl.]M Zhang
Chongqing Academy of Chinese Materia Medica, Chongqing 400065, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 26:384-5. 2001OBJECTIVE: To understand the morphological and anatomical characteristics of Dendrobium nobile so as to provide scientific basis for its domestication and cultivation...
- [Studies on tissue culture of Dendrobium chrysotoxum Lindl in vitro]H Xu
China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210038, Jiangsu, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 26:378-81. 2001OBJECTIVE: To set up a system for the culture of Dendrobium chrysotoxum in vitro. METHOD: Tissue culture, fire fly luminescence and phenol-H2SO4 method...
- Copacamphane, picrotoxane, and alloaromadendrane sesquiterpene glycosides and phenolic glycosides from Dendrobium moniliformeChunsheng Zhao
Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 66:1140-3. 2003..sesquiterpene aglyons along with three phenolic glycosides have been isolated from the stems of Dendrobium moniliforme...
- [Induction and culture of hairy-root by Agrobacteriun rhizogenes in Dendrobium nobile]Fenghua Li
Biology Department, Zunyi Normal College, Zunyi 563002
Zhong Yao Cai 27:712-4. 2004To obtain the hairy-roots of Dendrobium nobile.
- [Database establishment of the whole rDNA ITS region of Dendrobium species of "fengdou" and authentication by analysis of their sequences]Xiao Yu Ding
Department of Pharmacognosy, China Pharmaceutical University, College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 37:567-73. 2002To establish the whole rDNA ITS region sequence database of various Dendrobium species of "Fengdou" and to authenticate exactly the inspected species of "Fengdou".
- Structural characterization of a 2-O-acetylglucomannan from Dendrobium officinale stemYun Fen Hua
Lab of Plant Systematic Evolution and Biodiversity, College of Life Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, China
Carbohydr Res 339:2219-24. 2004A heteropolysaccharide obtained from an aqueous extract of dried stem of Dendrobium officinale Kimura and Migo by anion-exchange chromatography and gel-permeation chromatography, was investigated by chemical techniques and NMR ..
- [Effects of additives on tissue culture and rapid propagation of Dendrobium canducum]Lin Jiang
Zhongkai Agrotechnical College, Guangzhou 510225
Zhong Yao Cai 26:539-41. 2003Effects of additives on tissue culture and rapid propagation of Dendrobium canducum Walla. ex Lindal. by 1/2 MS added activated charcoal, plant growth regulators, banana juice, apple juice and potato juice were studied...
- Enantioselective synthesis of (-)-dendroprimine and isomersAxelle De Saboulin Bollena
Departement de Chimie, UMR 6504, CNRS et Université Blaise Pascal Clermont Ferrand, 63177 Aubiere, France
J Nat Prod 67:1029-31. 2004..The first total synthesis of naturally occurring (-)-dendroprimine has been achieved in five steps...
- [Comparative study of tissue cultured Dendrobium protocorm with natural Dendrobium candidum on immunological function]Jianping Gao
Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai 200032
Zhong Yao Cai 25:487-9. 2002To compare the immunological function and acute toxicity of the tissue cultured protocorm from Dendrobium candidum with natural medicinal materials from Dendrobium candidum.
- [Studies on second metabolites of an endophytic fungus (II)]Neng Jiang Yu
Institute of Medicinal Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing 100094, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 27:204-6. 2002..To study the chemical constituents from the cultured mycelia of a fungus Cephalosporium which accelerate the growth of plant...
- [Diseases and its control on Dendrobium]Songjun Zeng
Botanical Garden, South China Institute of Botany, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guangzhou 510520
Zhong Yao Cai 26:471-4. 2003The diseases on the Dendrobium plants and their occurrence and damage as well as control methods have been investigated and studied. 11 kinds of fungi, 4 kinds of bacteria, 3 kinds of virus and one root-knot nematode were recorded...
- [Studies on tissue culture of Dendrobium lituiflorum]Jun Chang
School of Life Science, Nanjing University, Nanjing Normal 210097, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 29:313-7. 2004To select optimal media and conditions for the tissue culture of Dendrobium lituiforum.
- [Studies on the growth, chemical components and physiological characteristics of F1 generation of Dendrobium huoshanense]Yong Ping Cai
School of Life Science, Anhui Agricultural University, Hefei 230036, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:1064-8. 2005Through a comparison between F1 and its' parents on the growth, chemical components and physiology, this study aims to find the possibility of selecting new dendrobium hybrids with high yield and good quality.
- [Primary study on photosynthetic characteristics of Dendrobium nobile]Wenhua Su
Institute of Ecology and Geobotany, Yunnan University, Kunming 650091
Zhong Yao Cai 26:157-9. 2003With LiCor-6400 Portable Photosynthesis System, carbon dioxide exchange pattern for leaves of Dendrobium nobile during 24 hours were studied in sunny day and rainy day, and the variation of CO2 exchange rate to light intensity was ..
- [Application of FTIR spectroscopy to the analysis of eleven kinds of Dendrobium]Xian kang Lv
State medicinal Group Hanszhou Xinya Co, Ltd, Hangzhou 310003, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:738-40. 2005To establish an FTIR method for the analysis of Dendrobium.
- [Comparison with the content of total alkaloid of Dendrobium nobile in different growing conditions]M Zhang
Chongqing Academy of Chinese Materia Medica, Chongqing 400065
Zhong Yao Cai 24:707-8. 2001This article reported the contents of total alkaloid from Dendrobium nobile Lindel, in different growing conditions...
- [Studies on transplanting suspension-cultured protocorms of Dendrobium candidum onto solid culture medium]Pi yong Hou
Institute of Medical Plant Development, Chinese Academy of Medicine Science and Peking Union Medicine college, Beijing 100094, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 30:729-32. 2005The suspension-cultured protocorms of Dendrobium candidum were transplanted on the solid culture medium for studying the factors influencing their differentiation and growth.
- [Location and relative quantity of coumarins in the stem of Dendrobium thyrsiflorum]Yan Zheng
School of Chinese Pharmacy Medicine, China Pharmaceutical University, Nanjing 210038, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 40:236-40. 2005To determine the location and relative quantity of coumarins in the stem of Dendrobium thyrsiflorum Rchb. f. , and to provide a scientific basis for evaluating and utilizing the famous medicinal plant.
- [Analysis of 1H-NMR fingerprint in stem of Dendrobium loddigesii]Hai Lin Qin
Key Laboratory of Chemistry for Natural Products of Guizhou Province and Chinese Academy of Sciences, Guiyang 550002, Guizhou, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 27:919-23. 2002To analyse the 1H-NMR finger-print of the stem of Dendrobium loddigesii.
- [Studies on anti-hyperglycemic effect and its mechanism of Dendrobium candidum]Hao Shu Wu
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Collage of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310031, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 29:160-3. 2004To study the anti-hyperglycemic effect and its mechanism of Dendrobium candidum (DC).
- [Studies on polysaccharide alkaloids and minerals from Dendrobium moniliforme (L.) Sw.]Y L Chen
College of Life Science, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310012, Zhejiang, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 26:709-10, 4. 2001Objective: To explore contents of active substances in different part of Dendrobium monilifrome and the quality influenced by different drying processes...
- [Effects of extracts of Chinese medicines on Ganoderma lucidum in submerged culture]Hailong Yang
Key Laboratory of Industrial Biotechnology of Ministry of Education, Southern Yangtze University, Wuxi 214036, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 43:519-22. 2003..lucidum, but the ethanol extracts of Angelica sinensis, Dendrobium nobile check the growth of G. lucidum...
- Natural phenanthrenes and their biological activityAdriána Kovács
Department of Pharmacognosy, University of Szeged, Eotvos u 6, H 6720 Szeged, Hungary
Phytochemistry 69:1084-110. 2008..number of phenanthrenes have been reported from higher plants, mainly in the Orchidaceae family, in the species Dendrobium, Bulbophyllum, Eria, Maxillaria, Bletilla, Coelogyna, Cymbidium, Ephemerantha and Epidendrum...
- Moscatilin from Dendrobium nobile, a naturally occurring bibenzyl compound with potential antimutagenic activityM Miyazawa
Department of Applied Chemistry, Kinki University, Kowakae, Osaka, Japan
J Agric Food Chem 47:2163-7. 1999A bibenzyl compound that possesses antimutagenic activity was isolated from the storage stem of Dendrobium nobile...
- Brevipalpus mites Donnadieu (Prostigmata: Tenuipalpidae) associated with ornamental plants in Distrito Federal, BrazilLetícia C Miranda
Lab Quarentena Vegetal, EMBRAPA Recursos Geneticos e Biotecnologia, Brasilia, DF, Brazil
Neotrop Entomol 36:587-92. 2007..Pelargonium hortorum L.H. Bailey, Hibiscus rosa-sinensis L. and orchids (Dendrobium and Oncidium)...
- Functional analysis of a RING domain ankyrin repeat protein that is highly expressed during flower senescenceXinjia Xu
Department of Plant Sciences, University of California Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Exp Bot 58:3623-30. 2007..in carnation petals was high during senescence, no expression was detected in three monocotyledonous flowers--daylily (Hemerocallis 'Stella d'Oro'), daffodil (Narcissus pseudonarcissus 'King Alfred'), and orchid (Dendrobium 'Emma White').
- Elution-extrusion counter-current chromatography separation of five bioactive compounds from Dendrobium chrysototxum LindlShucai Li
State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy and Cancer Centre, West China Hospital, West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
J Chromatogr A 1218:3124-8. 2011..the time point for extrusion was developed in theory and five bioactive compounds from the extract of Dendrobium chrysototxum Lindl. were separated and compared using normal CCC and EECCC method...
- [Effect of salicylic acid on cell growth and polysaccharide production in suspension cultures of protocorm-like bodies from Dendrobium huoshanense]Bo Wang
School of Biotechnology and Food Engineering, Hefei University of Technology, Hefei 230009, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 25:1062-8. 2009Polysaccharides from Dendrobium huoshanense possess immunostimulating activity, antioxidant activity and anticataract activity...
- Early in vitro flowering and seed production in culture in Dendrobium Chao Praya Smile (Orchidaceae)Kim Hor Hee
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Plant Cell Rep 26:2055-62. 2007Plantlets of Dendrobium Chao Praya Smile maintained in vitro were induced to flower, which produced viable seeds within about 11 months...
- Mycorrhizal fungi of Vanilla: diversity, specificity and effects on seed germination and plant growthAndrea Porras-Alfaro
Departamento de Biologia, Universidad de Puerto Rico Rio Piedras, PO Box 23360, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00931
Mycologia 99:510-25. 2007..and Tulasnella were tested for effects on seed germination of Vanilla and effects on growth of Vanilla and Dendrobium plants. We found significant differences among fungi in effects on seed germination and plant growth...
- New phenanthrenes and stilbenes from Dendrobium loddigesiiMasanobu Ito
Research Unit of Pharmacognosy, School of Pharmacy, Nihon University, 7 7 1 Narasinodai, Funabashi, Chiba 274 8555, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 58:628-33. 2010..A (1) and B (7), and stilbenes, loddigesiinols C (8) and D (9), were isolated from 80% ethanol extract of Dendrobium loddigesii ROLFE (Orcharedceae) along with known compounds, including five phenanthrenes, three stilbenes, two ..
- [Pyrolysis-gas chromatographic fingerprints with hierarchical cluster analysis for Dendrobium candidum Wall. ex Lindl]Lili Wang
College of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou 310014, China
Se Pu 26:613-7. 2008The pyrogram fingerprints of Dendrobium candidum Wall. ex Lindl. from different regions were studied by pyrolysis-gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (Py-GC/MS) and compared with hierarchical cluster analysis...
- Do plastids in Dendrobium cv. Lucky Duan petals function similar to autophagosomes and autolysosomes?Wouter G van Doorn
Mann Laboratory, Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis, USA
Autophagy 7:584-97. 2011..Here, we report that plastids in Dendrobium cv. Lucky Duan petals produced an endocytosis-like invagination of the two outer membranes...
- Identification of dendrobium species used for herbal medicines based on ribosomal DNA internal transcribed spacer sequenceTomoko Takamiya
School of Pharmacy, Nihon University, Japan
Biol Pharm Bull 34:779-82. 2011Stems of genus Dendrobium (Orchidaceae) have been traditionally used as an herbal medicine (Dendrobii Herba) in Eastern Asia. Although demand for Dendrobium is increasing rapidly, wild resources are decreasing due to over-collection...
- [Effects of germanium on cell growth, polysaccharide production and cellular redox status in suspension cultures of protocorm-like bodies of Dendrobium huoshanense]Ming Wei
Department of Biology and Chemistry, Anhui University of Technology and Science, Wuhu 241000, China
Sheng Wu Gong Cheng Xue Bao 26:371-7. 2010..the problem of low growth rate and metabolism level in suspension cultures of protocorm-like bodies (PLBs) of Dendrobium huoshanense...
- Functional analysis of three lily (Lilium longiflorum) APETALA1-like MADS box genes in regulating floral transition and formationMing Kun Chen
Graduate Institute of Biotechnology, National Chung Hsing University, Taichung, Taiwan 40227, ROC
Plant Cell Physiol 49:704-17. 2008..LMADS6 is closely related to LMADS5 whereas LMADS7 is more related to DOMADS2, an orchid (Dendrobium) gene in the SQUA subfamily...
- Isolation and identification of Rhizoctonia-like fungi from roots of three orchid genera, Paphiopedilum, Dendrobium, and Cymbidium, collected in Chiang Rai and Chiang Mai provinces of ThailandSureeporn Nontachaiyapoom
School of Science, Mah Fah Luang University, 333 Moo 1, Thasud, Muang District, Chiang Rai 57100, Thailand
Mycorrhiza 20:459-71. 2010Three orchid genera, Paphiopedilum, Cymbidium, and Dendrobium, are among the most heavily traded ornamental plants in Thailand...
- A new phenanthrenequinone from Dendrobium draconisBoonchoo Sritularak
Department of Pharmacognosy and Pharmaceutical Botany, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Asian Nat Prod Res 13:251-5. 2011A number of Dendrobium species (Orchidaceae) have been used as health foods. In Thailand, the tea prepared from the stems of Dendrobium draconis Rchb.f. (Orchidaceae) has been used as a blood tonic...
- Earliest orchid macrofossils: Early Miocene Dendrobium and Earina (Orchidaceae: Epidendroideae) from New ZealandJohn G Conran
Australian Centre for Evolutionary Biology and Biodiversity, Discipline of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, DP312, School of Earth and Environmental Sciences, The University of Adelaide, SA 5005 Australia
Am J Bot 96:466-74. 2009Fossil leaves of two Early Miocene orchids (Dendrobium and Earina) are reported from New Zealand...
- Fast determination of five components of coumarin, alkaloids and bibenzyls in Dendrobium spp. using pressurized liquid extraction and ultra-performance liquid chromatographyJun Xu
Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau, Macao SAR, P R China
J Sep Sci 33:1580-6. 2010A fast method for simultaneous determination of five compounds (one coumarin, two alkaloids and two bibenzyls) in Dendrobium spp...
- Confirmation by DNA analysis that Contarinia maculipennis (Diptera: Cecidomyiidae) is a polyphagous pest of orchids and other unrelated cultivated plantsN Uechi
Entomological Laboratory, Graduate School of Bioresource and Bioenvironmental Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8581, Japan
Bull Entomol Res 93:545-51. 2003..This pest of Dendrobium flower buds in glasshouses is considered to have entered Hawaii, Florida and Japan from Southeast Asia, and was ..
- The nucleotide sequence of the coat protein gene and 3' untranslated region of azuki bean mosaic potyvirus, a member of the bean common mosaic virus subgroupC W Collmer
Department of Biological and Chemical Sciences, Wells College, Aurora, NY 13026, USA
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 9:758-61. 1996..The deduced amino acid sequence of the CP is 94% identical to that of dendrobium mosaic virus, establishing the two as strains of the same virus...
- [Development of microsatellites of Dendrobium officinale and its application in purity identification of germplasm]Ming Lu Xie
College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing 210046, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 45:667-72. 2010Simple sequence repeat (SSR) was used to investigate the genetic diversity and structure of Dendrobium officinale...
- [Analysis and authentication of chloroplast matK gene sequences of Herba Dendrobii]Jing Liu
Chengdu Institute of Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu 610041, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 44:1051-5. 2009To compare the characteristic of chloroplast matK gene sequences of different Herba Dendrobium species and to authenticate inspected species, the matK gene sequences of 12 species (including 22 materials) and outgroup were amplified, ..
- [Analysis and authentication of cpDNA psbA-trnH regions of Dendrobium species of fengdous]Shi Guang Shao
College of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing 210046, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 44:1173-8. 2009The psbA-trnH regions of Dendrobium species of Fengdous were sequenced by our research group. The psbA-trnH sequences of fifteen Dendrobium species were analyzed with software MEGA 4.0...
- ALKALOID SYNTHESIS USING ORGANORHODIUM CHEMISTRYMARIE KRAFFT; Fiscal Year: 1992..Dendrobine is representative of a group of sesquiterpene lactone alkaloids, produced by the orchid species Dendrobium nobile, whose skeletal structure and pharmalogical properties are similar to those of the potent convulsant ..