Summary: A plant genus of the family MYRTACEAE. The common name of tea tree more often refers to MELALEUCA or LEPTOSPERMUM.
- Arabinogalactan proteins contribute to the immunostimulatory properties of New Zealand honeysSwapna Gannabathula
The New Zealand Institute for Plant and Food Research Limited, Mt Albert, Auckland, New Zealand
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 34:598-607. 2012..Factors in honey that improve wound healing are poorly understood, but are thought to include lipopolysaccharide (LPS), apalbumin-1 and -2, and a 5.8 kDa component that stimulate cytokine release from macrophages...
- Evaluation of repellent properties of volatile extracts from the Australian native plant Kunzea ambigua against Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culcidae)J Thomas
School of Pharmacy, University of Tasmania, Private Bag 26, Hobart, 7001 TAS, Australia
J Med Entomol 46:1387-91. 2009b>Kunzea ambigua (Smith) Druce (Myrtaceae) is an Australian native plant, commonly known as tick bush. The essential oil of the plant has been proposed as a potential mosquito repellent. Commercial K...
- Phloroglucinol diglycosides accompanying hydrolyzable tannins from Kunzea ambiguaNaoki Kasajima
School of Pharmacy, Shujitsu University, Nishigawara, Okayama 703 8516, Japan
Phytochemistry 69:3080-6. 2008..and a hydrolyzable tannin, kunzeatannin A (7)-were isolated along with 10 known polyphenols from the leaf extract of Kunzea ambigua. Structural elucidation of these compounds was based on spectroscopic analyses and chemical properties.
- The effect of New Zealand kanuka, manuka and clover honeys on bacterial growth dynamics and cellular morphology varies according to the speciesJing Lu
The ithree Institute, University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e55898. 2013..These changes are likely to reflect the different regulatory circuits of the organisms that are activated by the stress of honey treatment...
- An assessment of changes in Kunzea ericoides var. microflora and other hydrothermal vegetation at the Wairakei-Tauhara geothermal field, New ZealandSaskia M van Manen
GNS Science, Private Bag 2000, Taupo, 3352, New Zealand
Environ Manage 50:766-86. 2012..It highlights the response of plant communities, in particular that of Kunzea ericoides var...
- Investigating the host-range of the rust fungus Puccinia psidii sensu lato across tribes of the family Myrtaceae present in AustraliaLouise Morin
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation CSIRO Ecosystem Sciences, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e35434. 2012..17 genera: Agonis, Austromyrtus, Beaufortia, Callistemon, Calothamnus, Chamelaucium, Darwinia, Eucalyptus, Gossia, Kunzea, Leptospermum, Melaleuca, Metrosideros, Syzygium, Thryptomene, Tristania, Verticordia...
- The interaction of temperature, water availability and fire cues regulates seed germination in a fire-prone landscapePaul Bengt Thomas
Ecology and Environment Research Group, Hawkesbury Campus K12, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith South, DC, 1797, Australia
Oecologia 162:293-302. 2010..Incubation temperature affected germination of untreated seeds of Kunzea ambigua and Kunzea capitata (Myrtaceae) (reduction at 25 degrees C), but germination was uniformly low in Epacris ..
- Breeding behaviour of Kunzea pomifera (Myrtaceae): self-incompatibility, intraspecific and interspecific cross-compatibilityT Page
Agroforestry and Novel Crops Unit, School of Marine and Tropical Biology, James Cook University, PO Box 6811, Cairns, QLD, 4870, Australia
Sex Plant Reprod 23:239-53. 2010To examine breeding system characteristics of the endemic Australian prostrate shrub Kunzea pomifera, artificial hybridisations were undertaken using thirteen different genotypes of K...
- Native Australian fruit polyphenols inhibit cell viability and induce apoptosis in human cancer cell linesAaron C Tan
Food Futures Flagship, CSIRO Food and Nutritional Sciences, North Ryde, New South Wales, Australia
Nutr Cancer 63:444-55. 2011..Podocarpaceae), Kakadu plum (Terminalia ferdinandiana Exell, Combretaceae), muntries (Kunzea pomifera F. Muell., Myrtaceae), and native currant (Acrotriche depressa R.Br...
- The relative fitness of parental and hybrid Kunzea (Myrtaceae): The interaction of reproductive traits and ecological selectionDavid A Tierney
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Sydney, NSW, 2006, Australia
Am J Bot 95:146-55. 2008..This study evaluates components of fitness in the field for naturally occurring hybrids of the shrub Kunzea, relative to the parental speciesKunzea rupestris...
- Diversity and distribution of fungal foliar endophytes in New Zealand PodocarpaceaeSucheta Joshee
Landcare Research, Private Bag 92170, Auckland 1142, New Zealand
Mycol Res 113:1003-15. 2009..Prumnopitys ferruginea, Dacrycarpus dacrydioides, and Podocarpus totara, all Podocarpaceae) and an angiosperm (Kunzea ericoides, Myrtaceae) occurring in close stands were studied...
- The battle against multi-resistant strains: Renaissance of antimicrobial essential oils as a promising force to fight hospital-acquired infectionsPatrick H Warnke
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Kiel, Germany
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 37:392-7. 2009..Tea tree, Thyme white, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Cinnamon, Grapefruit, Clove Bud, Sandalwood, Peppermint, Kunzea and Sage oil with the agar diffusion test...
- Randomised controlled trial of the treatment of pastern dermatitis with a formulation containing kunzea oilJ Thomas
School of Pharmacy, University of Tasmania, Hobart 7001, Tasmania, Australia
Vet Rec 164:619-23. 2009The efficacy of an ointment containing kunzea oil for the treatment of horses with localised acute or chronic pastern dermatitis was assessed...
- An insecticidal mixture of tetramethylcyclohexenedione isomers from Kunzea ambigua and Kunzea baxteriiBhupinder P S Khambay
Biological Chemistry Division, IACR Rothamsted, Harpenden, AL5 2JQ, Hertfordshire, UK
Phytochemistry 59:69-71. 2002..epimers, each of which is a pair of conformers, has been isolated from the hexane extract of the aerial parts of Kunzea ambigua and K. baxterii (Myrtaceae)...
- Dimeric flavonol glycoside and galloylated C-glucosylchromones from Kunzea ambiguaHideyuki Ito
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama University, Tsushima, Okayama 700 8530, Japan
J Nat Prod 67:411-5. 2004..C-glucosides, kunzeachromones A-F (2-7), were isolated along with seven known compounds from the leaf extract of Kunzea ambigua...
- Characteristics of photosynthesis and stomatal conductance in the shrubland species manuka (Leptospermum scoparium) and kanuka (Kunzea ericoides) for the estimation of annual canopy carbon uptakeDavid Whitehead
Landcare Research, P O Box 69, Lincoln 8152, New Zealand
Tree Physiol 24:795-804. 2004..R. Forst. & G. Forst.) and kanuka (Kunzea ericoides var. ericoides (A. Rich.) J...
- Phytochemical analysis and biological screening of leaf and twig extracts from Kunzea ericoidesRebecca M Wyatt
Natural Products Research Group, School of Medical Sciences, RMIT University, Bundoora, Victoria, Australia
Phytother Res 19:963-70. 2005b>Kunzea ericoides is a member of the Myrtle group of tea trees. Leaf and twig material of K...
- Sources of antioxidant activity in Australian native fruits. Identification and quantification of anthocyaninsMichael Netzel
Food Science Australia, Riverside Life Science Center, 11 Julius Avenue, North Ryde, NSW 2113, Australia
J Agric Food Chem 54:9820-6. 2006Selected native Australian fruits, muntries (Kunzea pomifera F. Muell., Myrtaceae), Tasmanian pepper berry (Tasmanian lanceolata R. Br., Winteraceae), Illawarra plum (Podocarpus elatus R. Br. ex Endl...
- Effect of afforestation and reforestation of pastures on the activity and population dynamics of methanotrophic bacteriaBrajesh K Singh
Macaulay Institute, Environmental Sciences, Aberdeen AB15 8QH, United Kingdom
Appl Environ Microbiol 73:5153-61. 2007..Methane oxidation was measured in soils from two pine (Pinus radiata) forests and one shrubland (mainly Kunzea ericoides var. ericoides) and three adjacent permanent pastures...
- An unexpected mixture of substances in the defensive secretions of the tubuliferan thrips, Callococcithrips fuscipennis (Moulton)Gunther Tschuch
Developmental Biology, Institute of Biology, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, 06099, Halle, Germany
J Chem Ecol 34:742-7. 2008..The scale is sessile and feeds on Kunzea shrubs (Myrtales: Myrtaceae). If stressed, the thrips produce droplets of secretions...
- Evaluating the effects of the essential oils Leptospermum scoparium (manuka) and Kunzea ericoides (kanuka) on radiotherapy induced mucositis: a randomized, placebo controlled feasibility studyWendy Maddocks-Jennings
MJ Health Ltd, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Eur J Oncol Nurs 13:87-93. 2009..of a gargle containing 2 drops of a 1:1 mix of the essential oils of manuka (Leptospermum scoparium) and kanuka (Kunzea ericoides) in water...
- Pharmacological and antimicrobial studies on different tea-tree oils (Melaleuca alternifolia, Leptospermum scoparium or Manuka and Kunzea ericoides or Kanuka), originating in Australia and New ZealandM Lis-Balchin
School of Applied Science, South Bank University, Borough Road, London SE1 OAA, UK
Phytother Res 14:623-9. 2000..the Australian Tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), the New Zealand Manuka (Leptospermum scoparium) and Kanuka (Kunzea ericoides)...