Summary: A plant genus of the family MYRSINACEAE. Members contain ardisiacrispins (oleanane triterpenoid saponins), ardicrenin, and cyclamiretin.
- [Content determination of bergenin in Ardisia pusilla by HPLC]Liang ke Song
Medicine College of South west Jiao tong University, Emei 614202, China
Zhong Yao Cai 30:422-3. 2007To determine the content of bergenin in Ardisia pusilla.
- Two novel compounds from Ardisia punctata LindlChun Li
Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, China Academy of Chinese Medicine Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 42:959-63. 2007To study the chemical constituents of Ardisia punctata, compounds were isolated with a combination of multi-chromatography. Their structures were determined on the basis of spectral analysis and comparison to those of the known compounds...
- Polyphenolic compounds, antioxidant capacity, and quinone reductase activity of an aqueous extract of Ardisia compressa in comparison to mate (Ilex paraguariensis) and green (Camellia sinensis) teasSonia Chandra
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 228 ERML, MC 051, 1201 W Gregory Drive, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Agric Food Chem 52:3583-9. 2004Aqueous extracts of the leaves of Ardisia compressa (AC) have been used in folk medicine to treat various liver disorders including liver cancer...
- Bacterial leaf symbiosis in Ardisia (Myrsinoideae, Primulaceae): molecular evidence for host specificityBenny Lemaire
Laboratory of Plant Systematics, K U Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 31, PO Box 2437, BE 3001 Leuven, Belgium
Res Microbiol 162:528-34. 2011The association between bacteria and leaves in Ardisia has been described as a cyclic and obligate symbiosis in which bacteria are maintained throughout all stages of the plant's life cycle to guarantee normal growth and survival of the ..
- The genus Ardisia: a novel source of health-promoting compounds and phytopharmaceuticalsHideka Kobayashi
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 228 E R Madigan Lab, MC 051, 1201 W Gregory Drive, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Ethnopharmacol 96:347-54. 2005Approximately 500 species of Ardisia (Myrsinaceae) are found throughout tropical and subtropical regions of the world. Several of those Ardisia species have been used as ornamental plants, food and medicines...
- Ardisia: health-promoting properties and toxicity of phytochemicals and extractsElvira Gonzalez de Mejia
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Toxicol Mech Methods 21:667-74. 2011b>Ardisia species (Myrsinaceae) are found throughout tropical and subtropical regions of the world...
- Comparative in vitro bioactivities of tea extracts from six species of Ardisia and their effect on growth inhibition of HepG2 cellsAmanda M B Newell
Division of Nutritional Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, IL, USA
J Ethnopharmacol 130:536-44. 2010b>Ardisia species, notably A. compressa, are used in some regions of the world as food or in traditional medicine for prevention and treatment of certain health conditions including liver disease...
- Cytotoxic alkyl benzoquinones and alkyl phenols from Ardisia virensHsun Shuo Chang
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung 807, Taiwan, ROC
Phytochemistry 70:2064-71. 2009Bioassay-guided fractionation of roots and stems of Ardisia virens Kurz (Myrsinaceae) led to isolation of fourteen compounds, (2'R)-6-(2'-acetoxypentadecyl)-5-hydroxy-2-methoxy-1,4-benzoquinone (1), (2'R)-6-(2'-acetoxytridecyl)-5-hydroxy-..
- Cytotoxic triterpenoid saponins from the roots of Ardisia crenataZhong Fei Zheng
Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substances and Resources Utilization of Chinese Herbal Medicine Ministry of Education, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Bejing, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 10:833-9. 2008..I (1), a new triterpenoid pentasaccharide with an unusual glycosyl glycerol side chain, was isolated from Ardisia crenata together with five closely related triterpenoid saponins...
- Topoisomerase I and II enzyme inhibitory aqueous extract of Ardisia compressa and ardisin protect against benomyl oxidation of hepatocytesElvira Gonzalez de Mejia
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Agric Food Chem 50:7714-9. 2002Tea preparations of Ardisia compressa (AC) have been used in folk medicine against liver disorders...
- Catalytic inhibition of human DNA topoisomerase by phenolic compounds in Ardisia compressa extracts and their effect on human colon cancer cellsElvira Gonzalez de Mejia
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 228 ERML, MC 051, 1201 W Gregory Drive, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 44:1191-203. 2006..In this study, the main objectives were to identify and characterize the phenolic compounds in Ardisia compressa tea (AC) responsible for topoisomerase inhibition using a bioassay directed approach and modern ..
- Ardisiphenols and other antioxidant principles from the fruits of Ardisia colorataMegumi Sumino
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 50:1484-7. 2002..ardisiphenols A-C (1-3) and a novel bergenin derivative, demethoxybergenin (10) were isolated from the fruits of Ardisia colorata (Myrsinaceae), together with known alkylresorcinols (4-6), embelin (7), myricetin (8), quercetin (9), ..
- In vitro chemopreventive activity of Camellia sinensis, Ilex paraguariensis and Ardisia compressa tea extracts and selected polyphenolsMarco Vinicio Ramirez-Mares
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 228 ERML, MC 051, 1201 W Gregory Drive, 61801, USA
Mutat Res 554:53-65. 2004..of (-) epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), quercetin (Q), gallic acid (GA), green tea (GT, Camellia sinensis), ardisia tea (AT, Ardisia compressa) and mate tea (MT, Ilex paraguariensis) extracts were tested...
- Biologically active triterpenoid saponins from Ardisia japonicaXiaolong Chang
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toho University, Miyama 2 2 1, Funabashi, Chiba 274 8510, Japan
J Nat Prod 70:179-87. 2007..15), H (16), I (17), J (18), and K (19), together with 10 known saponins, were isolated from the whole plants of Ardisia japonica...
- Triterpenoid saponins from Ardisia pusilla and their cytotoxic activityYe Tian
Department of Pharmacy, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, PR China
Planta Med 75:70-5. 2009..with two known saponins, ardisiacrispin B (1) and ardisiacrispin A (2), were isolated from the whole plants of Ardisia pusilla A. DC. Their structures were elucidated by extensive spectral analysis and chemical evidence...
- Alkylphenols from the roots of Ardisia brevicaulis induce G1 arrest and apoptosis through endoplasmic reticulum stress pathway in human non-small-cell lung cancer cellsGuo Yuan Zhu
School of Chinese Medicine, Hong Kong Baptist University, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 60:1029-36. 2012From the roots of Ardisia brevicaulis DIELS, two new alkylphenol derivatives, named ardisiphenol E (2) and F (3), have been isolated together with a known alkylphenol, ardisiphenol D (1)...
- In vitro antiviral activities of Chinese medicinal herbs against duck hepatitis B virusK T Leung
Natural Product and TCM Pharmacology Research Laboratory, Department of Biology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, N T, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Phytother Res 20:911-4. 2006..Anti-DHBV activities were found more strongly in the aqueous extracts of Ardisia chinensis and Pithecellobium clypearia with selective indices of 2.6 and >2...
- Complete plastid genome sequence of the basal asterid Ardisia polysticta Miq. and comparative analyses of asterid plastid genomesChuan Ku
Institute of Plant and Microbial Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
PLoS ONE 8:e62548. 2013b>Ardisia is a basal asterid genus well known for its medicinal values and has the potential for development of novel phytopharmaceuticals...
- Angio-suppressive triterpenoids from Ardisia cf. elliptica (subgenus Tinus) on duck (Anas platyrynchos L.) chorioallantoic membraneDennis D Raga
Biology Department, School of Science and Engineering, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108, Philippines
Chin J Nat Med 11:128-38. 2013The dichloromethane extract of the air-dried leaves of Ardisia cf. elliptica (subgenus Tinus) afforded a mixture of bauerenol (1a), α-amyrin (1b) and β-amyrin (1c). Their structures were identified by NMR spectroscopy...
- Isolation of a quinone-rich fraction from Ardisia crispa roots and its attenuating effects on murine skin tumorigenesisLooi Ting Yeong
Department of Biomedical Science, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 14:2301-5. 2013b>Ardisia crispa (Family: Myrsinaceae) is an evergreen, fruiting shrub that has been traditionally used as folklore medicine...
- A new bergenin derivative from the rhizome of Ardisia gigantifoliaLi Hua Mu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, General Hospital of People s Liberation Army, Beijing 100853, PR China
Nat Prod Res 27:1242-5. 2013..11-O-syringylbergenin (3), 11-O-Galloylbergenin (4), 4-O-Galloylbergenin (5) and bergenin (6) were isolated from Ardisia gigantifolia Stapf...
- [Study on inhibitory effect of triterpenoid saponin from Ardisia japonica TSP02 on proliferation and metastasis of human hepatocellular carcinoma cells and its mechanism]Chen Yang Zhao
Laboratory Center, the Fourth Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110032, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 38:861-5. 2013To study the effect of TSP02, a triterpenoid saponin compound from Ardisia japonica, on proliferation and metastasis of in vitro induced human hepatoma HepG2 cells and its molecular mechanism.
- In vivo metabolism study of bergenin in rats by HPLC-QTOF mass spectrometryHaojing Song
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology, Qilu Hospital of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, 250012, People s Republic of China Institute of Pharmacology, Medicine College of Shandong University, Jinan, Shandong, 250012, People s Republic of China
Biomed Chromatogr 27:1398-405. 2013Bergenin is the major component of Ardisia creanta sims and Rodgersia sambucifolia hemsl with many biological activities...
- Methanolysis of triterpenoid saponin from Ardisia gigantifolia stapf. and structure-activity relationship study against cancer cellsLi Hua Mu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100853, China
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 23:6073-8. 2013Thirteen 13,28-epoxy triterpenoid saponins were isolated from Ardisia gigantifolia stapf. and one potential anti-tumor saponin was methanolysised by H2SO4 to afford four new compounds...
- Chemopreventive effect of Ardisia crispa hexane fraction on the peri-initiation phase of mouse skin tumorigenesisRoslida Abdul Hamid
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia
Med Princ Pract 22:357-61. 2013To investigate the chemopreventive effect of the hexane extract of Ardisia crispa during the peri-initiation phase of mouse skin tumorigenesis.
- Inhibition of tumor-induced angiogenesis and its mechanism by ardipusilloside I purified from Ardisia pusillaRong Wang
Department of Pharmaceutical Preparation, School of Stomatology, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an 710032, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 14:55-63. 2012The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of ardipusilloside I isolated from Ardisia pusilla on tumor angiogenesis and its mechanism of action...
- Cytotoxic triterpenoid saponins from Ardisia gigantifoliaLi Hua Mu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing, PR China
Planta Med 78:617-21. 2012..Three new triterpenoid saponins, 1- 3, together with two known saponins, 4 and 5, were isolated from the rhizome of Ardisia gigantifolia. Their structures were elucidated by 1D and 2D NMR spectroscopic studies...
- Ardipusilloside inhibits survival, invasion and metastasis of human hepatocellular carcinoma cellsLianqing Lou
Yiwu Central Hospital, Yiwu, Jinhua, Zhejiang, China
Phytomedicine 19:603-8. 2012Ardipusilloside I is a triterpene-saponin isolated from the Traditional Chinese Medicine Ardisia pusilla A. DC. Its effects and mechanism on invasion and metastasis of liver cancer cells are unclear.
- The hexane fraction of Ardisia crispa Thunb. A. DC. roots inhibits inflammation-induced angiogenesisDayang Erna Zulaikha Awang Hamsin
Department of Biomedical Science, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
BMC Complement Altern Med 13:5. 2013b>Ardisia crispa (Myrsinaceae) is used in traditional Malay medicine to treat various ailments associated with inflammation, including rheumatism...
- Vasorelaxant effect of FR900359 from Ardisia crenata on rat aortic arteryKazumasa Zaima
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hoshi University, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
J Nat Med 67:196-201. 2013A cyclic depsipeptide, FR900359, isolated from Ardisia crenata was evaluated for vasorelaxant effects on rat aortic arteries...
- Effect of coenzyme Q10 and Ardisia japonica Blume on plasma and liver lipids, platelet aggregation, and erythrocyte Na efflux channels in simvastatin-treated guinea pigsMin Sook Kang
Department of Foods and Nutrition, Jeju National University, 1 Ara dong, Jeju Si, Jeju 690 756, Korea
Nutr Res Pract 6:414-20. 2012..04% cholesterol based control diet, plus 0.05% simvastatin, and statin plus 0.1% CoQ10 or 10% Ardisia Japonica Blume (AJB) leave powder for 4 weeks...
- Anti-tumor effect of Ardisia crispa hexane fraction on 7, 12-dimethylbenz[α]anthracene-induced mouse skin papillomagenesisHamizah Sulaiman
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Selangor, Malaysia
J Cancer Res Ther 8:404-10. 2012b>Ardisia crispa Thunb. A. DC (Myrsinaceae) or locally known as hen's eyes has been used in local folk medicine as a remedy in various illnesses. Previously, it has been reported to inhibit various inflammatory diseases...
- Antithrombin activity of medicinal plants from central FloridaNatalya Chistokhodova
Department of Chemistry, University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL 32816, USA
J Ethnopharmacol 81:277-80. 2002..Extracts of Ardisia crenata, Tetrapanax papyriferus, Lagerstroemia indica, Callistemon lanceolatus, Antigonon Leptopus, Magnolia ..
- [Studies on the chemical constituents of Ardisia tenera]Yun Deng
Pharmaceutical College, Chengdu University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, The Ministry of Education Key Laboratory of Standardization of Chinese Herbal Medicine, State Key Laboratory Breeding Base of Systematic research, Development and Utilization of Chinese Medicine Resources, Chengdu 611137, China
Zhong Yao Cai 34:380-3. 2011To investigate the chemical constituents of Ardisia tenera Mez.
- Discovery of embelin as a cell-permeable, small-molecular weight inhibitor of XIAP through structure-based computational screening of a traditional herbal medicine three-dimensional structure databaseZaneta Nikolovska-Coleska
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center, Departments of Internal Medicine and Medicinal Chemistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0934, USA
J Med Chem 47:2430-40. 2004..followed by biochemical testing of selected candidate compounds, we discovered embelin from the Japanese Ardisia herb as a small-molecular weight inhibitor that binds to the XIAP BIR3 domain...
- Effects of the oral administration of nonpolar extract from Ardisia squamulosa Presl (Myrsinaceae) leaves on spermatogenesis in ratsDennis D Raga
Biology Department, School of Science and Engineering, Ateneo de Manila University, Loyola Heights Quezon City 1101, Philippines
Pharmacognosy Res 3:260-5. 2011Several Ardisia species have been found to possess numerous bioactivities but their reproductive toxicity has been poorly explored...
- Identification of active compounds from medicinal plant extracts using gas chromatography-mass spectrometry and multivariate data analysisJianhong Ching
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Sep Sci 35:53-9. 2012..fractionation were used to prepare different extracts and fractions from the leaves of a medicinal plant, Ardisia elliptica...
- Anti-Salmonella activity of constituents of Ardisia elliptica ThunbMethin Phadungkit
Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahasarakham University, A Kantarawichai, Mahasarakham 44150, Thailand
Nat Prod Res 20:693-6. 2006Antibacterial activity against veterinary Salmonella was determined using dried fruit extracts of Ardisia elliptica Thunb...
- Bacterial leaf symbiosis in angiosperms: host specificity without co-speciationBenny Lemaire
Laboratory of Plant Systematics, K U Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 6:e24430. 2011..e. Ardisia, Pavetta, Psychotria and Sericanthe...
- [Study on the chemical constituents of Ardisia chinensis]Yao Lan Li
College of Life Science and Technology, Jinan Univeristy, Guangzhou 510632
Zhong Yao Cai 29:331-3. 2006The chemical constituents of Ardisia chinensis, which traditionally used in the area of Yao minority in Southern China, were analyzed and characterized...
- Ardipusilloside I induces apoptosis in human glioblastoma cells through a caspase-8-independent FasL/Fas-signaling pathwayJian Xiong
Department of Neurosurgery, Xijing Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Fourth Military Medical University No 127 Changle Western Road, 710032 Xi an, PR China
Environ Toxicol Pharmacol 27:264-70. 2009Ardipusilloside I, a triterpenoid saponin isolated from Ardisia pusilla A. DC, suppresses the growth of a variety of cancer cells, and has certain immunomodulative properties...
- [Studies on anti-tumor metastatic constituents from Ardisia Crenata]Xue Wang
School of Parmaceutical Sciences, Research Center of Basic Medical Sciences, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin 300070, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 36:881-5. 2011To study the anti-tumor metastatic constituents from Ardisia Crenata.
- Antitumor effect of resorcinol derivatives from the roots of Ardisia brevicaulis by inducing apoptosisLi Ping Chen
School of Pharmacy, Yantai University, Yantai, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 13:734-43. 2011..4), 5-pentadecylresorcinol (5), 5-tridecylresorcinol (6), have been isolated from the roots of Ardisia brevicaulis in our previous work...
- Suppression of DMBA/croton oil-induced mouse skin tumor promotion by Ardisia Crispa root hexane extractAh Roslida
Department of Biomedical Science, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:665-9. 2011b>Ardisia crispa (Family: Myrsinaceae) has been used as a traditional medicine for various ailments. Previous studies showed that Ardisia crispa possesses antimetastatic and anti-inflammatory properties...
- [Chemical constituents from roots of Ardisia punctata]Chun Li
Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, China Academy of Chinese Medical Sciences, Beijing 100700, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 31:562-5. 2006To study the chemical constituents from the roots of Ardisia punctata.
- Antiviral activity and constituent of Ardisia chinensis benth against coxsackie B3 virusMiaoxian Su
Department of Chemistry, Jinan University, Guangdong, Guangzhou, P R China
Phytother Res 20:634-9. 2006b>Ardisia chinensis Benth is a medicinal plant traditionally used in the area of Yao minority in Southern China...
- Leaf extract from Ardisia compressa protects against 1-nitropyrene-induced cytotoxicity and its antioxidant defense disruption in cultured rat hepatocytesElvira Gonzalez de Mejia
Research and Graduate Studies in Food Science, School of Chemistry, University of Queretaro, Queretaro, Mexico
Toxicology 179:151-62. 2002Herbal tea preparations of Ardisia compressa (AC) have been used in folk medicine against liver disorders...
- [Discussions with the author of Materia Medica Textual Research on the original plants of the medicinal herbs in Ardisia (comment)]Z Qi
Forestry College of Hebei Agricultural University, Baoding 071000
Zhong Yao Cai 22:363-5. 1999..medicinal herbs given by the Materia Medica Textual Research on the Original Plants of the Medicinal Herbs in Ardisia were raised in this paper...
- [Herbological study of 4 Chinese herbs in Ardisia and "yiedihong"]Z Qi
Hebei Agricultural University, Baoding 071000
Zhong Yao Cai 20:257-9. 1997..The research shows that they are not the same plant with different names. Also, "Yiedihong" doesn't belong to Ardisia.
- Ardisimamillosides G and H, two new triterpenoid saponins from Ardisia mamillataJing Huang
School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University, Chengdu, PR China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 51:875-7. 2003..were isolated from the roots of Ardisia mamillata HANCE. Structure assignments were established on the basis of spectral data and chemical evidence.
- The many growth rates and elasticities of populations in random environmentsShripad Tuljapurkar
Biological Sciences, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Am Nat 162:489-502. 2003..We argue that a fundamental tool for studying selection pressures in varying environments is the response of growth rate to vital rates in all habitat states...
- Inhibition of liver carcinogenesis in Wistar rats by consumption of an aqueous extract from leaves of Ardisia compressaE Gonzalez de Mejia
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign, 228 ERML, M C 051, 1201 W Gregory Drive, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Food Chem Toxicol 42:509-16. 2004This study evaluates the chemopreventive effect of an aqueous extract of dried leaves of Ardisia compressa against liver cancer. A rat liver assay that mimics progressive forms of human disease was used as a carcinogenesis model...
- Ardisinones A-E, novel diarylundecanones from Ardisia arborescensYing Zheng
Chengdu Institute of Biology and Chengdu Institute of Organic Chemistry, Granduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, P O Box 416, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan, People s Republic of China
J Nat Prod 67:1617-9. 2004A phytochemical study on an ethanol extract of Ardisia arborescens resulted in the isolation of five new diarylundecanones, named ardisinones A-E (1-5)...
- Dimeric 1,4-benzoquinone derivatives and a resorcinol derivative from Ardisia gigantifoliaHongwei Liu
Key Lab of Systematic Mycology and Lichenology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chaoyang District, Beijing, PR China
Phytochemistry 70:773-8. 2009..F, G, H, and I, as well as one resorcinol derivative and four known compounds, were isolated from rhizomes of Ardisia gigantifolia. Their structures were established by means of spectroscopic analyses...
- PTP1B inhibitors from Ardisia japonicaYan fang Li
Chinese National Center for Drug Screening, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Shanghai, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 7:13-8. 2005In bioassay-directed isolation from the whole plant of Ardisia japonica, sixteen known compounds: chrysophanol (1), physcion (2), oleanolic acid (3), euscaphic acid (4), tormentic acid (5), quercetin (6), quercitrin (7), myricitrin (8), ..
- Protective effect of the 5-lipoxygenase inhibitor ardisiaquinone A on hepatic ischemia-reperfusion injury in ratsNobuaki Matsui
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tokushima Bunri University, Tokushima City, Japan
Planta Med 71:717-20. 2005The protective effects of the 5-lipoxygenase inhibitor ardisiaquinone A, a compound isolated from Ardisia sieboldii, on hepatic ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury was studied in rats...
- Three new belamcandaquinones from Ardisia punctataChun Li
Institute of Chinese Materia Medica, China Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100700, China
Yao Xue Xue Bao 41:830-4. 2006To study the chemical constituents of Ardisia punctata.
- Two new resorcinol derivatives with strong cytotoxicity from the roots of Ardisia brevicaulis DielsLi Bao
Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, P R China
Chem Biodivers 7:2901-7. 2010..and (22E)-24-ethyl-5α-cholesta-7,22-dien-3β-ol were isolated from the MeOH extract of the roots of Ardisia brevicaulis Diels...
- Two new triterpenoid saponins from Ardisia crenataD L Liu
Department of Natural Products Chemistry, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 9:119-27. 2007..new triterpenoid saponins, ardisicrenoside K (1) and ardisicrenoside L (2), have been isolated from the roots of Ardisia crenata Sims...
- Selective antileishmania activity of 13,28-epoxy-oleanane and related triterpene saponins from the plant families Myrsinaceae, Primulaceae, Aceraceae and IcacinaceaeMarieke Vermeersch
Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences, Antwerp University, Antwerp, Belgium
Phytother Res 23:1404-10. 2009..extracts that did not exactly match the TLC characteristics of the Maesa saponin references, as was the case for Ardisia angusta, A. amherstiana, A. caudata, A. gigantifolia, A. roseiflora, Myrsine affinis, Acer brevipes and A...
- Death receptor 5 targeting activity-guided isolation of isoflavones from Millettia brandisiana and Ardisia colorata and evaluation of ability to induce TRAIL-mediated apoptosisHiroyuki Kikuchi
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chiba University, 1 33 Yayoi cho, Inage Ku, Chiba 263 8522, Japan
Bioorg Med Chem 17:1181-6. 2009..Furthermore, a MeOH extract of the bark of Ardisia colorata markedly enhanced DR5 activity in this screening system. Bioassay-guided fractionation of A...
- Benzoquinones from Ardisia japonica with inhibitory activity towards human protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B)Yan fang Li
Shanghai Research Center for Modernization of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 201203, PR China
Chem Biodivers 4:961-5. 2007From the whole plant of Ardisia japonica, four [1,4]benzoquinones were isolated by means of bioassay-directed fractionation of the EtOH extract. Apart from the two known compounds maesanin (1) and its congener 2, two new benzoquinones, i...
- Four new triterpenoid saponins from Ardisia gigantifolia Stapf. and their cytotoxic activityPing Wen
College of Traditional Chinese Materia Medica, Shenyang Pharmaceutical University, Shenyang, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 10:873-80. 2008..4), along with one known triterpene saponin and ardisiacrispin A (5) were isolated from the rhizome of Ardisia gigantifolia. Their structures were established with the help of extensive spectroscopic techniques...
- Antiplasmodial properties of some Malaysian medicinal plantsA Noor Rain
Herbal Medicine Research Center, Institute for Medical Research, Jalan Pahang, 50588 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Trop Biomed 24:29-35. 2007..03 microg/ml. The G. scortechini (leaves extract) showed an IC50 (50% growth inhibition) at 8.53 microg/ml, Ardisia crispa (leaves extract) demonstrated an IC50 at 5.90 +/- 0...
- Pro-apoptotic and microtubule-disassembly effects of ardisiacrispin (A+B), triterpenoid saponins from Ardisia crenata on human hepatoma Bel-7402 cellsMin Li
State Key Laboratory of Natural and Biomimetic Drugs, Peking University, Beijing, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 10:739-46. 2008Ardisiacrispin (A+B) is a mixture of ardisiacrispins A and B, derived from Ardisia crenata with a fixed proportion (2:1)...
- Treatment of viral myocarditis caused by coxsackievirus BLuigi Brunetti
Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 65:132-7. 2008..The treatment options for viral myocarditis caused by coxsackievirus B are summarized...
- Apoptosis induced by ardipusilloside III through BAD dephosphorylation and cleavage in human glioblastoma U251MG cellsHong Lin
Department of Neurosurgery, Xijing Institute of Clinical Neuroscience, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, No127 Changle Western Road, Xi an 710032, PR China
Apoptosis 13:247-57. 2008Ardipusilloside III is a saponin newly isolated from Ardisia pusilla A.DC...
- [Vertical stratification and host preference by vascular epiphytes in a Chiapas, Mexico, cloud forest]Nayely Martínez-Meéndez
Herbario Eizi Matuda, Escuela de Biologia, Universidad de Ciencias y Artes de Chiapas, Libramiento Norte Poniente s n, Tuxtla Gutierrez, 29000, Chiapas, Mexico
Rev Biol Trop 56:2069-86. 2008..On average the epiphytes preferred 3.5 host species, suggesting low host preference. Two host species, Ardisia and Quercus, were avoided by the majority of the epiphyte species...
- Systematic analysis of in vitro photo-cytotoxic activity in extracts from terrestrial plants in Peninsula Malaysia for photodynamic therapyCheng Yi Ong
Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation CARIF, Subang Jaya Medical Centre, 1, Jalan SS12 1A, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia
J Photochem Photobiol B 96:216-22. 2009..Piperaceae), Ardisia crenata (Myrsinaceae), Lawsonia inermis (Lythraceae), Strobilanthes sp...
- Two new triterpenoid saponins cytotoxic to human glioblastoma U251MG cells from Ardisia pusillaHai Feng Tang
Department of Pharmacy, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, 15 Changle West Road, Xi an 710032, P R China
Chem Biodivers 6:1443-52. 2009..together with one known saponin, ardisiacrispin B(3), were isolated from the whole plants of Ardisia pusilla A. DC. Their structures were deduced by extensive spectral analysis and chemical evidences...
- Beta-amyrin from Ardisia elliptica Thunb. is more potent than aspirin in inhibiting collagen-induced platelet aggregationJianhong Ching
Department of Pharmacy, National University of Singapore, 18 Science Drive 4, Singapore 117543
Indian J Exp Biol 48:275-9. 2010b>Ardisia elliptica Thunberg (Myrsinaceae) is a medicinal plant traditionally used for alleviating chest pains, treatment of fever, diarrhoea, liver poisoning and parturition complications...
- Triterpenoid saponins from Ardisia gigantifoliaLi Hua Mu
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, General Hospital of PLA, Beijing 100853, China
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 58:1248-51. 2010Four new triterpenoid saponins (1-4) were isolated from the rhizome of Ardisia gigantifolia STAPF...
- Antitubercular resorcinol analogs and benzenoid C-glucoside from the roots of Ardisia cornudentataChun Po Chang
Graduate Institute of Natural Products, College of Pharmacy, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Planta Med 77:60-5. 2011Bioassay-guided fractionation of the roots of Ardisia cornudentata Mez (Myrsinaceae) led to the isolation of three new compounds, 3-methoxy-2-methyl-5-pentylphenol (1), 3-methoxy-2-methyl-5-(1'-ketopentyl)phenol (2), and cornudoside (3), ..
- Resorcinol derivatives from Ardisia maculosaYing Zheng
Chengdu Library of Chinese Academy of Sciences, Chengdu, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 9:545-9. 2007..and triterpenoids, a new resorcinol (1) and a known resorcinol (2) have been isolated from ethanol extract of Ardisia maculosa for the first time...
- Screening a plant extract library for inhibitors of cholecystokinin receptor CCK1 pathwaysAlexandre Nesterov
Unigen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Lacey, WA 98516, USA
J Biomol Screen 15:518-27. 2010..The selectivity of inhibition was tested against a panel of Galpha(q/11), Galpha(s), and Galpha(i/0)-coupled receptors. These studies led to the identification of a novel Galpha(q/11)-selective inhibitor...
- Mass spectral fragmentation analysis of triterpene saponins from Ardisia crenata Sims by electrospray ionization Fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometryPei Cheng Zhang
Key Laboratory of Bioactive Substances and Resources Utilization of Chinese Herbal Medicine, Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
J Asian Nat Prod Res 12:64-9. 2010..FTICR-MS) technique to study the characteristic mass fragmentation patterns of eight triterpene saponins from Ardisia crenata Sims...
- [Analysis of volatile oil from Ardisia brevicaulis]Lan xiang Pu
Mianyang Normal University, Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Mianyang 621000, China
Zhong Yao Cai 32:1694-7. 2009To analyze and compare the compounds in the essential oil from the leaves and roots of Ardisia brevicaulis.
- Ardipusilloside I purified from Ardisia pusilla competitively binds VEGFR and induces apoptosis in NCI-H460 cellsYanmin Zhang
School of Medicine, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, PR China
Phytomedicine 17:519-26. 2010The present study was to evaluate the effects of Ardipusilloside I isolated from Ardisia pusilla on the growth, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (VEGFR) expression and apoptosis of NCI-H460 cell line by MTT, ELISA and flow ..
- [Tissue culture and plant regeneration of Ardisia crenata]Mingdong Ma
School of Forest and Horticulture, Sichuan University of Agriculture, Ya an 625014, China
Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 34:2043-6. 2009Our research studied the fast-breeding technology of Ardisia crenata sims by using tissue culture and provided the scientific foundation for industry production.
- A dimeric lactone from Ardisia japonica with inhibitory activity for HIV-1 and HIV-2 ribonuclease HNguyen Tien Dat
College of Pharmacy, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 305 764, Korea
J Nat Prod 70:839-41. 2007A new dimeric lactone, ardimerin digallate (1), was isolated from the whole plants of Ardisia japonica, along with six known constituents...
- [Advances in the study of triterpene constituents of Ardisia medicinal plants]Shulan Su
Department of Pharmaceutical Engineering, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang 212013
Zhong Yao Cai 26:144-8. 2003
- "WORKSHOPS IN FORMAL AND QUANTITATIVE DEMOGRAPHY"Shripad Tuljapurkar; Fiscal Year: 2005..Second, a three-day Mini-workshop in advanced modeling and analysis organized around specialized topics (forecasting in year 1, biodemographic models in year 2). ..
- WORKSHOPS IN FORMAL DEMOGRAPHY AND BIODEMOGRAPHYShripad Tuljapurkar; Fiscal Year: 2007..Applicant did not provide description. ..